Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty The Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. What you learned this week on The Gary and Shannon Show, We will play back all of the things you've learned right before we hit up our nine news nuggets. You need to know, we've got some entertainment news headed for you and in that vein. Longtime TV actress Betty Bridges has died eighty three years old. She was the one on Good Times. She played Charlene. Her son is Todd Bridges. She was also on Er two, Broke Girls, Lou Grant and Hill Street Blues. She died actually at Todd Bridges home, but eighty three years old.
Speaker 2: What else is going on? Time four? What's happening? Wow?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: Labor Day weekend?
Speaker 1: Of course, the unofficial end of summer. Millions of people are hitting the road. Gary included, he left today for vacation. Probably shouldn't say that, hum, because then you know, if you know where he lives, you know, no, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, yeah, it's okay.
Speaker 1: I don't even know where he lives. I get lost every time. I yeah, I have to put it in my Google. Ye, yes, yes, because there's all the surface streets and it's like a puzzle up there there.
Speaker 3: It's in a wooded area. It's right next door to a police station.
Speaker 1: Right, and there's actually armed guards right to even get into the neighborhood. To get into the neighborhood. Yeah, they barely let us through, right. TSA said air travel volumes this summer or the highest they've seen in history. The top ten busiest travel days in TSA history have all occurred this year since May twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Apparently, gas prices are okay, question mark, you know, they've been about four forty six since, lower than this time last year. So there was a whole conversation happening in the hallway.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, their their voice is traveled, don't they. Yeah, no one cares that we're in here. But I won't be traveling. I will be town.
Speaker 3: I'm and it makes me sad when the weather's still decent and I want to go to the beach because now I have to deal with the visitors, and I don't like people at the beach with me. I like to just do the beach when it's just me and the locals, Right, so I feel like a local now, yes, And who are these tourists and why are they here?
Speaker 1: My brother got me one of those, Like I call it my house. It's like a little shelter. It's like body glove or something for the beach. So it's like overhead to block the sun, to block the sun and the people and the people like that was not something I thought about.
Speaker 2: But it's nice in my little house, my little.
Speaker 3: Cove behind your little snacks, read a book, take a nap, all of those things. I like to be out there like a beach dwell and no one watching me. Yeah, and then I can just lay out with everything and no one's judging.
Speaker 1: I always like it. This was new to me when I came to La. Of the people that go fully clothed into the ocean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's odd.
Speaker 3: I see people in the sand with sneakers their visitors clearly because no one's wearing socks and sneakers, you know, and walking along the beach in the sand.
Speaker 2: That's just weird.
Speaker 1: A story we're hoping to get more information on today is this missing nudist couple from a RV nudist resort in near Redlands. They believe that this couple, Stephanie and Daniel, both in their seventies, are dead, and that they are in a neighbor's home that they used a battering ram to get into yesterday, so much so that the home is unstable and they've got to send in some canine cadaver dogs to UH to check it out today. Speaking of dogs, their dog Cuddles was also reported missing.
Speaker 3: And so they, like you said, they believe the family, the couple is still in this house, or their bodies at least, And so I'm wondering if they're going to have to you know, dig deeper in the house or Cuddles hidden.
Speaker 2: You know, Cuddles is a shit. Oh hmm.
Speaker 3: They already searched the home though, right during this whole battering ram incident.
Speaker 2: So where in the house I have no idea.
Speaker 1: But when I looked at overhead pictures, a to like one of those permanent RV type things, permanent mobile home with some house some outhouses built onto it. It looks kind of like there's a lot of different places where you could stash some bodies.
Speaker 2: But the motive is odd to me.
Speaker 1: Why would he kill both of them and the dog and all of that, and they're nude.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: The trial opening statements yesterday, and we talked to Michael Monks from KFI News about this earlier on opening statements began yesterday in the trial of the man accused of stabbing that twenty four year old girl who was working alone at a furniture store in Hancock Park a couple years ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is some horrific details that have emerged from that. And one thing that Michael was telling us earlier, Thankfully her family wasn't there to hear the audio that prosecutors have the audio of her, you know, begging for her life as she's being repeatedly stabbed, and that's just horrific.
Speaker 1: It's Yes, it's very rare that we have audio of someone fighting for their life and lose it in such a gruesome fashion. One of two doctors charged in connection with Matthew Perry's death is set to appear today in federal court. He's expected to plead guilty to conspiring to distribute ketamines.
Speaker 3: From the text messages perhaps I'm sorry, allegedly from the text messages that spelled everything out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly fifty four years old, doctor Mark Chavez reached a plea agreement with prosecutors.
Speaker 3: Maximum sentence the charge carries ten years, and he's probably gonna sing for on everyone. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's gonna tell every detail.
Speaker 1: Awful story. I keep saying that this is all awful. It is all news is often awful. Johnny Goudreau's killer says that he had five or six beers before getting behind the wheel.
Speaker 2: This happened last night.
Speaker 1: The hockey star and his brother were on bicycles and this drunk guy plows into them in a jeep Cherokee. They were in their hometown there in New Jersey because they were going to be groomsmen today and their sister Katie's wedding.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine. No, Johnny was married his wife, Meredith. He married her in twenty twenty one. They have two young children, a one year old daughter and a baby boy was born just six months ago.
Speaker 1: A new day, more crime in La County, because that's what we do. We arrest people, we give them kisses, and then we release them to commit more crimes. There was a homeowner who stabbed a guy, a guy that they think broke into multiple homes in the valley.
Speaker 2: This was in Winnetka.
Speaker 1: A guy in his mid twenties, breaks into the home the residents are still inside. He was immediately confronted by the adult daughter of the homeowner, who followed this guy closely. They got into a fight and he stabbed him. He was injured but managed to take off. See that's the thing.
Speaker 2: I don't want to have to stab somebody.
Speaker 1: Can't you just arrest the bad guys when they raise their hand and say I'm a bad guy?
Speaker 2: Right? Oh?
Speaker 3: This Westlake robbery victim ran from the Delhi've been to this Delhi? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Langer's Deli. It's been in the news this week because Norm Langer. He's the son of the original owners. This place has been around seventy nine years, norm I think is seventy seven. It's right near MacArthur Park downtown and they make the best pastrami sandwiches that I haven't been in years, but it was one of the first places I went when I moved to LA's. Everyone, you know, they tell you where you've got to go, and Langer's Deli was one of them. I actually did a feature story years ago when this app came out that was a rating system for public toilets, and it would tell you which public places have five star toilets.
Speaker 2: Or one star toilets?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Right.
Speaker 1: So I did a feature story on it when I was a reporter, and I went to Langers at that time because they had five stars, and I interviewed Norman. He said, I'm glad that I've got five stars because I just spent forty thousand dollars renovating the bathrooms. But a great guy, really down to earth, just wonderful, cares about the community. And recently he said they may be closing up because of the crime in the area.
Speaker 3: And so this woman is, you know, ropping nearby, fights back and then runs into the deli for help.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, I mean it's not even I would say it's a coincidence, but it's not just because that is the area, Like he pointed out, that's what the area is now.
Speaker 2: There's just a lot of crime and zombie people. Do you shop a big lot? I don't. I don't think I've ever been into a big lot. My sister has.
Speaker 3: Gone into a big lots for small things. Both call the big lots. You can get like, you know, toilet tree sometimes, or if you want to get like a picture frame or a little bathroom man, so like it's like a target kind of cheaper though, okay, cheaper than a target, more expensive than a five below okay, or a dollar tree.
Speaker 1: Okay, dollar tree, by the way, is not a dollar anymore.
Speaker 3: No, they can't afford to be a dollar. But apparently Big Lots is weighing the possibility of filing for bankruptcy. They can't, you know, stay afloat, I guess, or pay their bills. I think it's just because everybody's just ordering everything online. They have a lot of losses. Yeah, so they have to figure out how they're going to stay afloat all.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, we will get you updated on your entertainment report. We've got Tom Hanks news. We have Jennifer Garner and Sarah Jessica Parker outfit news. We've got Real Housewives drama, and The Apprentice the movie to tell you about.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Don't forget to let us know what you learned this week on the Gary and Shannon Show. Use the talkback feature on that iHeartRadio app. Just tap tap tap it and that's how you can leave us a message. We'll play back all of the things you've learned coming up after Deppor's news at the bottom of the hour. If you're hitting the road today for the long weekend, try to avoid driving from two pm to six pm. Triple A says that way you'll avoid some of the largest periods of congestion. Domestic travel is at nine percent this Labor Day weekend compared to last year. Thousands expected to hit the roadways, encouraged by those lower gas prices, which have dropped forty six cents from this time last year. News from the Trump campaign today former President Trump, saying IVF costs will be covered by insurance if he wins. He was in Wisconsin, said if he's elected in November, he'll require the government or insurance companies to pay for in vitro fertility treatments. He said his administration would push for allowing new parents to deduct major newborn expenses from their taxes as well, trying to make up some ground with women voters. A pull out yesterday shows Harris leading Trump by thirteen points among women. Well, we have some entertainment news to get to. Jason Nathanson is actually off today. He sent me a picture of a pickleball course.
Speaker 2: Oh, is that what he's doing. That's what he does on his downtime.
Speaker 3: I want to learn. Now there's a pickleball a group that meets near my home, and I love watching them. They're a little older and they find joy in the pickleball, and I figured I should learn, so I can, you know, maybe join a pickleball team.
Speaker 1: I saw a stat that it has increased its numbers of people two hundred and twenty three percent from twenty to twenty two or something.
Speaker 3: Is it just a cross between tennis and like, you know, racketball and table tennis, like a smaller paddle, right, it's smaller paddles like tennis or like table tennis.
Speaker 1: I think that the tennis people would take umbrage with that. I know, me too, me too.
Speaker 3: But you're on the tennis court sometimes playing playing pickleball and.
Speaker 2: You get two people. I think one plays up, one plays back, kind of like double. I don't know.
Speaker 3: So it's a cross between tennis and yeah, rack all the things that you said table tennis and volleyball. Let's just throw that in there, okay.
Speaker 1: Anything with a net, yes, anything with a net. Well, there are some iconic pieces from famous films. When it comes to clothing that are now up for auction famous films and TV shows. So if you're a fashionista and a fan of Hollywood, you'll have a chance to purchase items from some of the world's most famous celebrities and pop culture icons. Popular lots include the pink scarf Jennifer Garner's character war in the two thousand and four film thirteen going on thirty.
Speaker 3: I'm on the site right now, by the way, how are you, Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is the site. It's the Bold Luxury Collection.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Now there are a few things on here that are starting at like one hundred bucks with the bids, but most things that are good they're already in the thousands.
Speaker 1: So what kind of step you see.
Speaker 3: Like air Mas purses and they're like, you know, the bids are at eleven thousand.
Speaker 1: Okay, So it's a site where you can just bid on like stuff that wasn't in films like used.
Speaker 3: I think, well, this is the one that's going to be the The actual auction is happening September twenty fourth at.
Speaker 1: So I don't understand the burken bag thing like I don't understand paying thirty thousand dollars for a purse. I would never understand.
Speaker 3: Already, some of these persons are valued at sixty thousand. Wow, yeah, on here, and people are bidding twelve and up and some things are at one hundred.
Speaker 2: But it's probably not something you want.
Speaker 3: Let's say the Chanel goggles are two fifty, so I guess that the auction is happening now. But the are the bigger items, the ones that are going up for a bid at this event in September.
Speaker 1: It must be yeah, the scarf that she wore in thirteen going on thirty. They say that it's expected to fetch about twelve hundred dollars. Several of Carrie Bradshaw's well known pieces from Sex and the City will be auctioned.
Speaker 3: It's at online registration and bidding began on Tuesday of this week, with the auction closes on the twenty fourth with the special live event at the Peninsua Beverly Hill.
Speaker 2: So that's probably where the big stuff is.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's the way you're if you're not waiting for that, because you probably can't afford that, like I can't.
Speaker 2: There's other stuff that's you know, Oh, no.
Speaker 3: Bad Bunnies Playboy cover photo shoot, head piece whatever.
Speaker 2: He wore that.
Speaker 3: Oh but you can't bid on that right now? It's on here though, you see, Oh, I.
Speaker 1: See lil Nas x I was Bad Bunny on the cover of Playboy.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it says Playboy. Don't we just put naked women on there? Maybe not?
Speaker 3: No, they do, apparent Do they do real like articles on Playboy too? I don't Yeah, but they're like.
Speaker 1: The writing actually was really this right here is.
Speaker 3: A choker, a spike choker that lil Na's ex wore on the twenty twenty paper magazine, I guess cover and that current bids only one hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: I wonder what that's got on it. Well, he likes to live life.
Speaker 3: There's a lot on here if you're interested. This stuff looks great. A lot of this stuff. I just can't afford it.
Speaker 1: And they said pieces worn by Lady Gaga, Sarah, Jessica Parker, Cardi, b Bad Bunny, is Ray and Hathaway Meg Bryan.
Speaker 3: This is like a little boostier.
Speaker 2: Oh that is that's cute.
Speaker 3: I can't wear that in that would fit like Joe versus the volcano.
Speaker 1: And that would fix on boob yea was that a movie?
Speaker 3: Naomi Campbell wore this in Vogue in eighty nine.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: And right now the BID's only a five hundred bucks. Yeah, this stuff is gonna that's pretty cool. Yeah for now, it's yeah, for now, you're right, you're right. Anyway, it's online.
Speaker 1: Let's see they have some of the pieces from the Barbie promotional tour, like the pink dress ray room Ward of the Barbie premiere Betty Boop dress worn by Margot Robbie.
Speaker 3: I'd be really interested in the and she's not the same size as men. I know this, but in the Sarah Jessica Parker, you know, Carrie Bradshaw stuff from Sex and Lets Yeah what she was really like just a fashion icon during that time, right, it's kind of carried on into her regular life now that even though the show's over, I just think that Sarah Jesslicaa Parker was the it girl for fashion.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. That show is great.
Speaker 1: And that's what I like about Emily and Paris too, as they bring the fashion games.
Speaker 2: It's fun.
Speaker 1: But Sarah Jessica Parker, I mean you would buy that just to display it, right, because.
Speaker 3: She buy something to display it. I can't fit that either.
Speaker 2: But she's yeah, how big is she?
Speaker 3: Probably like a dyro or date.
Speaker 1: Let's see here, she's very but she's five too, like a size two.
Speaker 2: If that I would think, and maybe maybe Deborah, how tall are you? Four eleven and three quarters? Are you four eleven? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, we stand next to each other, like Deborah comes to my waist.
Speaker 2: I'm like seven foot tall, so I would say she's Deborah size.
Speaker 1: And Deborah's like ninety pounds I wish, yeah, okay, ninety five.
Speaker 3: But deborahare's cool stuff too.
Speaker 1: I know she does well and when you look good in everything right right?
Speaker 3: Her shoes, herr outfits. Obsessed over dever shoes. I know the best shoes, I swear.
Speaker 1: I once sent her some shoes I thought that she would look great in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the price.
Speaker 1: She's like my Barbie doll, like, oh, this will look pretty on my doll, Shannon.
Speaker 2: And I would have loved that as a president. She didn't want to pay for it. I said to my husband. He was just like looked at me as if I was like.
Speaker 1: A crazy person. Yeah, you can't be honest with the husband's about the shoe price.
Speaker 2: Are your shoes gifts?
Speaker 3: Usually like the husband buys them for holidays or birthdays.
Speaker 2: Because my husband knows I'm obsessed with shoes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's like in Dallas she had all the fancy shoes and she said, oh, this is what my husband does for holidays because he knows I love shoes. Wow, I don't have a husband or anybody buy shoes.
Speaker 2: I don't either. I've just given up. What now you know that's a little piece of your husband's listening, Shanny, be careful, all right.
Speaker 1: The nine newsnuggets you need to know coming up next. Also what you learned this week on the Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: We've been talking about this heartbreaking story out of New Jersey with the NHL star Johnny Gaudreau and his brother who were on a bicycle ride near their hometown and were killed last night by a drunk driver who plowed into them with his jeep. Cherokee admitted that he had had five or six beers. He has been arrested in charged with vehicular manslaughter. The two boys, the brothers, were in town to be groomsmen today at their sister Katie's wedding. It got worse in the last hour. Turns out Matthew Gudrou, the non hockey playing brother, has baby on the way. Oh no, his wife is due in December. His wife Madeleine.
Speaker 3: Oh we're talking about how his brother, the one who played hockey, Johnny has a six month though. Oh he does a wife and then another baby who's a toddler.
Speaker 2: God, that's horrible.
Speaker 1: It has been revealed that dead bugs and molds were found at that boar's head plant in Virginia. This is the one linked to those nine listeria deaths. Between August of last year and August of this year, Federal meat inspectors documented black mold at the boar's head plant in that place in Virginia, flies in pickle vats, leaky water pipes, or rancid odor. Oh no, this was near and dear to my heart because bors heads my go to meat company. They issued dozens of citations. Nine people, all over the age of seventy, have died since May after eating Deli meat produced there, mostly liverwurst. If I'm not mistaken, that's gonna older person's delicacy liverwurst.
Speaker 2: He said he likes the worst head. I don't know.
Speaker 1: He mentioned the Mesquite turkey. Yeah, that is a good turkey. That is a good turkey. They do a great smoke, They do a great honey turkey. They do a good spicy salsa turkey. They do a lot of their turkey forstraw. No, I have eaten it since the people started dying because I can't. I can't not.
Speaker 2: You know, all right, hay over it. It's gonna be fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna pray over my meats. All right, it's time for what you learned on the Gary and Shannon Show this week.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, this week Hungary and Shannon, I learned that although this new big wig might think he's.
Speaker 4: In charge around there, we all know that Leila Mohammad is actually calling the shots.
Speaker 2: Okay, you guys, have a great weekend. I love you.
Speaker 1: I've learned and always known that for gott it mid.
Speaker 3: The br What I learned on the show this week is Shannon, change your name to e lean because she's waiting and leaning so far to the left, just say.
Speaker 4: What I learned on the Gary and Shannon Show this week is Gary went to the dentist this week, said the sucker wasn't working and the X ray machine was out, which have nothing in common. So I'm assuming this dentist's office was in the back of the U haul truck parked on a corner and in Shannon her imaginary friend, Miss Patricia is suddenly an expert on political advice as well too at a distance, Ballet and political advice quite a talent.
Speaker 5: Hey, Leyla and Shannon, it is Amber from Park again. Anyways, what I learned this week is I love the Gary and Shannon show, but I really love it when you two ladies are together. I've missed hearing Leyla's voice and just are energy and everything.
Speaker 2: And Shannon, I love you. You're my homegirl.
Speaker 5: If we ever meet in person, we're gonna have a blast. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy your Liberty.
Speaker 2: Weekend this week.
Speaker 4: And I learned.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, guys, heving me from Ventura.
Speaker 4: I learned this week that everybody's cycle in the house starts to.
Speaker 2: Change when Gary is gone later. Wow.
Speaker 1: This something I learned this week is that I really miss you guys when I listening to you guys off week.
Speaker 3: Hey, you guys are good.
Speaker 2: Have a beautiful weekend.
Speaker 5: I've learned that are the most funniest thing I've heard in their hair all week. I've heard Leila and Gary know yours fiers.
Speaker 2: You can thanks, have a great weekend, Hi, Shannon.
Speaker 3: What I learned this week is that Leila has become quite the spicy girl and her co hosting duties.
Speaker 2: I love it. She used to be a.
Speaker 3: Lot more demir Shall we say, I hope I'm not going to get charged for using that word.
Speaker 2: Keep it up. The girls were great.
Speaker 3: Love the new.
Speaker 1: Laila Oh have a good one that was nice?
Speaker 2: Was set.
Speaker 3: That's the sleep deprived Lailah. That's why I'm just saying, whatever, where was she are the.
Speaker 2: Kids at recess? I don't know.
Speaker 1: There was a lot of background stuff and when one guy was in a wind tunnel.
Speaker 2: And then the guy with the dispatch audio or the SOB.
Speaker 3: Radio or worried people are on the job, Well they're working like they're listening. You know, you two are so much fun to listen to you and Gary, I told you you're like the only sharply listened to them here but unless I'm working another show, But I listened to you all and it's as fun in person as it is for people who are listening. And you really are that girl, Shannon. I told you earlier. You know what I said off the air, but you are that girl up in here.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I have been in a good mood all week because I knew you were coming in. Thank you, Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: The boss is like, are you happy that we booked Leila?
Speaker 2: I know your happiest one, Laylah's here.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you, thank you all for having me back.
Speaker 1: All right, it is time for the nine news nuggets. You need to know. These are stories that fell through the cracks when we were trying to cover real things this week.
Speaker 2: Here is your honorable mention. Honorable mention, not supposed to mention, an honor serving with you did.
Speaker 5: Great and honorable Moses.
Speaker 3: So today we're holding auditions to become the newest member of honorable Mention.
Speaker 1: So we saw this story yesterday and it's kind of still a head scratcher, isn't it. A woman working for Wells Fargo in Arizona died at work and wasn't found until four days later.
Speaker 2: I don't know how this is possible.
Speaker 3: And they said at this location, apparently a lot of the workers are still working remotely. Okay, that's why I'm always in line for five hours at a Wills Fargo. But was there not a cleaning crew that comes in at night and you know, goes through the cubicles and dumps the trash, right, like, how.
Speaker 1: Did Maybe there's not trash to dump, and so they've cut back on cleaning crews to one day a week or something.
Speaker 2: So everyone's smelling an odor.
Speaker 3: They say, a foul smell, and they don't realize that she's over there dead.
Speaker 1: They thought it was an issue with the plumbing, that was what the odor was. Makes me want to walk around here and just see what go out there is to be found or.
Speaker 3: Over in the other side where we have that has met situation where they're remo Are they still remodeling over there?
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 3: I've never gone that way when I exit the elevator because I figure there's still.
Speaker 2: The has met. Yeah, you know, I haven't been over there.
Speaker 3: I bet you someone's over there, just dead. No, yeah, there's there could be.
Speaker 1: Nobody goes over there, No one goes, so we should go check it on our way.
Speaker 2: I will not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess I don't get paid enough for checking for dead people.
Speaker 2: Here's number nine, Number nine.
Speaker 3: I did nine plays with a Cock's Dirty nine times out of tennis Partner's Dirty two and I speak nine languages can write it basically everybody at table. Then I'll feel ready to go another nine? And niner?
Speaker 2: Did I catch a niner in there? You call him from all walkie talkie you've been to Italy?
Speaker 3: Never? Oh, it's on my list, I know. But I'm waiting to do that with my man. Oh I find him or he finds me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've always wanted to take a solo international trip.
Speaker 2: I have not done that.
Speaker 1: Just because it seems like it would be so like thrilling and kind of scary.
Speaker 2: But maybe in a good way for Italy.
Speaker 3: Maybe I should go to Italy so loo like eat, pray, love, ah, I might find somebody.
Speaker 1: When I was When I was there, I had a meal of pizza, right, because that's one of the things you do, big old pizza ate that I was with my husband and then we're walking back to the hotel and we walked past this pasta place where you see the guy inside and he's making the fresh pasta and we're like dinner number two? Sure, why not, because that's what you just have to do. They take their positive very seriously in Italy, and now they are losing their minds over Hines because Heines is launching a spaghetti carbonera in a can in Italy.
Speaker 3: Sounds like ravioli. Yeah, I was never opposed to chef boyer d No as a child.
Speaker 2: As an adult, no, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know if I've ever had it as an adult. Probably not as a child.
Speaker 3: I do you remember the ravioli in the It was fun, it wasn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's cute.
Speaker 3: But this doesn't sound good for Italy people are They're upset, and rightfully so.
Speaker 1: Speaking to the Times of Italy, Alessandro Pepero of the Michelin starred Papero restaurant in Rome compared the tinned carbonera to cat food. I wouldn't even give it to stray cats, some said, some said, Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.
Speaker 2: It's funny took it. That's seriously. Ye Number eight A tid is bold every eight second.
Speaker 4: Listening to eight different bosses drawn on about mission statements, he.
Speaker 1: More than forty percent of Japanese municipalities are at risk of disappearing due to an unexpected drop in the number of women in their twenties and thirties. There's a widely ridiculed Japanese government idea to woo Tokyo women into marrying men in rural areas by offering cash payouts and train tickets to matchmaking events.
Speaker 2: Listen, maybe this is where you find.
Speaker 3: You know, they're trying to pay these women four thousand dollars to have one to train and go meet some men they don't want to meet, and that sounds terribleiling then to go live in this rural area.
Speaker 2: Rural That's the part that I'm not getting on.
Speaker 3: They have to scrap it.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's like simple life, right, Like that's like with that show where in Paris and Nicole would go to these farms and they were city folk and it was a disaster. You can't take a girl in Tokyo, a city girl, move her out to the country and expect her to know what to do on the farm.
Speaker 3: And give her four thousand dollars and say here you go, good luck. How much would it take for you to move to a farm? Oh well, if the farm were already paid for, Okay, and I own it right, and it was a nice farm, and maybe I could get to the city in a quick train ride or to drive.
Speaker 2: I might do that.
Speaker 1: I don't know if farms are ever all paid for that part of running a farm.
Speaker 2: No, you have.
Speaker 3: I don't want to have to pay for it. If you want me to go move to a farm, you have to make sure that I don't have You have to buy the livestock and the hay and bring the farm hands to because I'm not doing that.
Speaker 1: You're not going to do any I mean, do you see me doing any of that? I do not, which is why I wanted to see what number.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't have a numbers just I would not have to have any responsibility to get up early with.
Speaker 1: The sounds awful and this smell it smells like a Wells Fargo in Arizona.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't. I don't have any any Yeah, any connection to farm. It's not gonna work for me.
Speaker 2: Number seven.
Speaker 4: Hell the seventh, the seventh.
Speaker 3: On a seven seven seven years of college down to dre.
Speaker 4: Seven seven seven days.
Speaker 1: Tony's had the longest day of his life. It's like you guys made me Playiania twained for an hour.
Speaker 3: No if he what's after this after twenty something years, it's because I was here today and I corrupted you.
Speaker 1: Yeah you did, because I'm usually just lovely demure. He's going to stop by Oscar's desk on the way out and say never again. Yeah, he's not even laughing, like he's not finding any of this. One. Let's see here, a woman has met some long lost family members for the first time after a one hundred and twenty one year old postcard was finally delivered.
Speaker 3: Clearly this was not in the US, because you're not getting a postcard from three weeks ago. Luckily, you're lucky if it makes it to your house, right. Yeah, So this was over in the UK and she was trying to sort of, I guess, figure out who this message was for. It was like dear l and she trying to figure who l was. And then they traced it back to you know, her family and figured out who this l lady was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it says dear ya, dear l. I could not it was not possible to get the pair of these. I'm so sorry, but I hope you're enjoying yourself at home. I have got now about ten shillings pocket money, not including the train fair.
Speaker 2: So I'm doing all right. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyway, so someone had seen this article on social media and put the name and the address of the person the car postcard that was sent to into ancestry and then traced it to her family tree.
Speaker 2: Oh that's cool.
Speaker 3: But the fact that this postcard was one hundred and twenty one years integrated.
Speaker 2: I have questions.
Speaker 1: I have an antique store and my town that I like to go into or I used to sometimes and just look around and they have a big box of postcards in there, and they're all these pots. They're probably from estate sales, you know, people dump off their debts. Maybe that's what they're dead parents stuff. And uh, it's so much fun to read those postcards and the way that people talk to each other and the way that people used to write. People actually had an ability to make beautiful poetry essentially out of everyday correspondence. And now we just send pictures to each other like cave men, or we don't even use words exactly, that's what I mean, Like we just send the emojis, you know, like we're hieroglyphic people.
Speaker 2: Now takes me sad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I still value like old fashion phone calls, like, don't spend so much time texting me, buto who don't call me?
Speaker 2: Don't call me? Oh really? Yeah, you're that person ship is sales. You rather just know.
Speaker 1: I'm just kidding. I'll stay on the phone with my friends for hours. So yeah, I have a girlfriend from high school and we'll spend two and a half hours on the phone the way we did when we were sixteen.
Speaker 2: Yes, number six, I got six, you got six, she got six.
Speaker 1: Number six.
Speaker 2: There's six more weeks of later.
Speaker 3: What do you want a picture of me or rabbi and six drunk and longshomy.
Speaker 2: I would just dig you in a nursing home closer to us.
Speaker 1: I don't have to drive stick.
Speaker 2: Down, drink another six packs.
Speaker 3: Perfect.
Speaker 1: There is a coastal city in France that is bearing all with a museum exhibit on nudity. And when you go to the exhibit you can be nude.
Speaker 3: Yourself, and people really are signing up and you know, paying for this opportunity. It's like twelve bucks to do this, and so far eighty plus visitors put themselves on full display.
Speaker 2: They say.
Speaker 1: In recent years, a new craze for nudity and nature has arisen.
Speaker 2: How's it. I don't think so. I'm not begging to see more people nude, and I've.
Speaker 3: Heard no one in my circle say, hey, I can't wait to go nude and share my stuff with everyone.
Speaker 2: Did you ever see that show on HBO Max.
Speaker 1: It was a reality show like a dating show where they would see each other nude. They would see people nude before they even talk to them, and that's how they would pick their dates. No, but it was awful because they showed it. They showed everyone. They didn't blur out.
Speaker 2: Any of the stuff.
Speaker 1: I lasted maybe forty five seconds watching that show, like, I'm not asking for that. I don't want to see a bunch of strangers naked.
Speaker 3: No, but there's an other show with Naked and Afraid That yeah, like who's running around the woods? But naked and afraid?
Speaker 2: Number five.
Speaker 4: Wenutes Geese, this is the year five point five.
Speaker 2: It would be a favorite.
Speaker 1: Lose five pounds immediately.
Speaker 2: We talked about this story earlier in the week.
Speaker 1: A five year old boy is accidentally broken an ancient urn dating to the Late Bronze Age at a museum in Israel. It was a thirty five hundred year old artifact and it broke into several pieces, but they're not angry. The boy has in fact been invited to return for a tour and they say that it could be repaired.
Speaker 3: They want to use this as a teachable moment for the child and parent. How did the child get so close that the child knocked this over?
Speaker 1: I don't know because I just remember it didn't have glass around it or anything like that. But why are you letting your five year old get a hands on that vase? You should not, Mom and Dad number four is.
Speaker 3: Probably on his fourth tranquilizer by now.
Speaker 2: Commandment number four, This isn't the same world you left four years ago.
Speaker 1: There is an invasive fish with sharp human like teeth and that has been discovered in Lake Meredith.
Speaker 2: Where is Lake Meredith in Texas, Okay?
Speaker 3: And this Texas fisherman caught this piranha relative with the human teeth at a lake you said, Lake Meredith on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Have you seen the fish? It does have humans? Well, it grows.
Speaker 1: To tell me about this, it says it grows to six and a half inches, But it's eighty eight pounds.
Speaker 2: Do they mean six and a half feet? Maybe? I think it's got to be that.
Speaker 3: So they're thinking, you know, the wildlife experts is saying, we believe this was someone's pet and they released it into the lake.
Speaker 1: And that's how you know, who has a pet with teeth like a human? That's a fish.
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 1: Number three, the number count and the number of the counting shall be.
Speaker 2: Three were dead within three hours.
Speaker 1: Three security clearance level three.
Speaker 3: All three of you. Three.
Speaker 2: I got all three of you guys for the rest of your not being born live.
Speaker 3: After that three days, they both start to stink.
Speaker 1: Three. I kind of feel for this eagle. I mean, I get it. This is a bald eagle and it needed to be rehabbed. It was injured, It wasn't unhealthy, it was just overfed. The bald eagle had engorged itself with a raccoon and was too fat to fly.
Speaker 2: We've all had meals like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he might be dealing with some post pandemic stuff, sadness, like people who were overeating, and so they had to put him on you know, fruits and veggies, a little diet, a whole rappoon. Number two, what's going on?
Speaker 1: There's two sons and this is too much. Guy in Indiana, admitted to putting a poisonous off white powdery substance into his wife's coke so he could kill her and marry her daughter. That sounds hinged, very hinged.
Speaker 3: The details are just bizarre. You know about this guy's relationship with the daughter. Apparently when the wife was asleep, the daughter and a daughter's friend would put on a show for this guy. Oh boy, the alphidevit shows that involved the woman putting on his wife's negliges.
Speaker 2: If people still say.
Speaker 3: Neglige, no, it's like lingerie, who says neglige?
Speaker 2: That's and I can't even.
Speaker 3: Read the rest of the rest. Yeah, but there was a lot going on behind the wife's back.
Speaker 1: What an awful story. People, You don't know what goes on behind closed doors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't know who's in.
Speaker 1: A negligee and who's spiking whose drinks?
Speaker 3: That's such an ancient yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, also, who has a neglige? Or it's a night t shirt and shorts to sleep little nighty little silky nighties. I don't know, all right, maybe people do that number one weird number one.
Speaker 2: I just started to look out for number one.
Speaker 3: Are you the number one?
Speaker 2: Number one?
Speaker 1: Number one well, here is a story you might want to listen to if you are a man. And Lebanon say they treated a thirty eight year old man who got an unusual bacterial infection in his penis after eating rice and having vigorous sex with his wife.
Speaker 2: How are the two connected, the rice and the sex.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they think it could be the rice or the sex or a combination. They said, this is what I don't understand, and we see this time and time again. He experienced penile swelling and redness for about a week before he went to the doctor. If I had a penis and it's swelled up and was red I would go to the doctor right away.
Speaker 3: But he chose to not. And then he still had the sex. It sounds like right after he had the rice, and so I guess the two aren't connected.
Speaker 1: They said, a few hours after being intimate, he suffered severe diarrhea and vomiting. Oh so maybe that was the rice and the other stuff was the sex. Maybe some food poisonous. Okay, I don't know, m H.
Speaker 2: And do you care? I mean, I just want to know. Did he recover?
Speaker 3: Always says his condition appeared to have completely resolved. At his one month check up from him he had to abstain from sex though and some other stuff and he had.
Speaker 2: To put ointments on some ointment yea every day. All right, good for him.
Speaker 1: Let's end with that, Layla, thank you, thank you for having me anytime. Phil Schumann coming up next for John right here on KFI. Goodbye, and don't.
Speaker 3: Think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven.
Speaker 1: Gary and Shannon, you've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 3: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.