Speaker 1: So I don't get to eat anything today or have cream or sugar in my coffee because I have to do a blood draw later on today. So I do have a fasting. So I went for a physical yesterday and they said, to you fasted? I said no. They said, when's the last time you ate? I said, oh, about ten o'clock this morning. It's like three or four that by been And he said, okay, come back another time for the blood draw. So I get to have black coffee and that's really good.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, why do you have to I guess I don't understand that because I had to get my blood draw at my physical, but I didn't do any of that.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know, but I think that when you do, maybe it's a certain kind of blood draw if they're looking for, you know, like I don't know, cancer markers or cholesterol or whatever, and they don't want it to be effed up because you had a butter burger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that my throat off a little bit. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So so I'm not eating today, and it's been worse because I've had to do it before. When you don't eat or drink nothing, and I think that might have been a colonoscoby. You ever had a colonoscoby? No, I'm too young, it probably are. Yeah, but for a colonoscopy, I think you don't get to drink anything or have any coffee. And that's miserable.
Speaker 3: Oh I know. My dad's had like a bajillion colonoscopiece and he's always going on and on about like Mary, you couldn't have eaten anything, and then I had to drink this weird stuff and then you're just on the toilet all night.
Speaker 1: It's true. Yeah, yeah, it's like it's a weird, awful, awful tasting stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah. What do you At a certain age you have to start getting colonoscopies?
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I think at a certain age or if you have a history of colon cancer in your family, and I will tell you if if you're at that age, go get one. Because my ex Julie died of colon cancer and she thought she had a hernia and well, she she had a pain, so she went and the doctor said, oh, it's a hernia. But it was during COVID so they couldn't do surgery on it because it was kind of an elective. Yeah, and then when they did do the hernia surgery. They opened her up and they said that's it's not a hernia, that's colon cancer. And it was so far advanced that they couldn't do really much. They could try, but they couldn't do that. Yeah, so go get your things done and go if you have a husband, And I think, guys, there's some guys. I think in twenty twenty four there are still guys that be like, ain't no man gonna stick a finger up my ass, which is kind of like the guy that won't sit right next to his buddy at the movie theater. Yeah, it's like, I don't want anybody to think I'm gay, so I'm going to put a seat. This is the stupidest high school way of thinking ever. Go get your go, get your prostate exam. Yeah, go get your colonoscopy smart so you don't die young.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Gosh, okay, geez, you ready for some emails?
Speaker 3: I'm ready.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get started. First one. Here we go, it says Dave Jenny Bailey. Vant just want to say I'm a huge fan of the show and I listened to the podcasts on my way home from work every day. Thank you. Wondering why you guys stopped playing think Fast. It's one of my favorite games. You guys play. Is it coming back or is it gone for good? Have a great weekend from Josie. It's just we just put a little rest on it, kind of hit pause on it to try something different. So we do the what is.
Speaker 2: It face off?
Speaker 1: Yeah, where we say okay, breeds of Dogs ready go Yeah, And we're just kind of having fun doing a little bit different. And to be honest, think Fast is a kind of a pain in the ass to write creatively, and Dave.
Speaker 2: And I have been doing it for five years now. I think, Yeah, we've been playing in for a pair a long time. I don't think that we've gotten rid of it. I think we're just going to maybe rotate it in here and there and not do it twice a week like we have for the past however many years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we love playing I mean, we love games on the show. But I think that one of the things about think Fast is that it's challenging to write because it used to be name a fruit that starts with an A, name a dessert that starts with an I, And now we try to get a little bit more creative like, I don't know, give me a word that's got a double L, a word that's got double l's in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then you can think, even when it's creative, or even if it's just like basic, like think of this with a letter of this. It just takes a while to like come up with it, and you might be sitting there right in your think fast for like over half an hour.
Speaker 1: No, it's true, yeah, versus.
Speaker 3: Face off, you're like, Okay, I need three categories. Boom boom boom, got them done.
Speaker 1: Breeds of dogs? Ready go Yeah, exactly, Okay, thank you, Josie, appreciate that. Once begin to Josie, my dog. Josie turns sixteen on Sundoil. She is not She is failing fast, guys. I mean she's her little mind is. I get her out of her kennel every morning, and then she walks to the front door and I put her outside. Well, the last couple of mornings, she takes a wrong turn and turns into my office. Now she has walked this route her entire life. She's never lived anywhere besides the place where she was. We got her and our house, and she takes a wrong turn and turns into my office and I have to go, Josie, come on out here. So she comes out and I put her outside. She comes back inside immediately poops after I put her outside, and then when she comes back inside, she again this morning, turned the wrong corner and went into my office. And I just waited for her to realize. Oh okay, so she's got like doggy dementia. But she still loves her treats. Yeah, and she still is mobile.
Speaker 3: Mobile yeah, mobile yeah, mobile mobile. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: I think it's either.
Speaker 1: One right, there's another word for it, and I can't think of an ambulatory ambulatory. Next One Morning Show FAM longtime listener, first time responder. I was listening to the episode where you brought up babies in first class and whether they should be in there. My two cents, anybody flying in first class can afford some noise canceling headphones, to order your free cocktail and leave the parents alone. As a mom to a rambunctious toddler with another on the way, babies cry and parents do everything they can to stop that in the moment, but sometimes a baby has to be a baby. The parents and baby pay to be there, and if you don't want to risk hearing another human on the plane. Perhaps you should investigate private flights to accommodate your need. No darts, no licks, Thanks for keeping the convos interesting every show that's from Tory. Tory. I'm going to respectfully disagree that it is rude to take a baby. It's kind of like taking a baby to a wedding. There's just certain places that a baby should not be. And I think that a baby should not be in first class. Yeah, that's just my opinion. And if you're saying, well, if you don't like it, then you should fly private. Okay, Now that's a little bit ridiculous because there is a gigantic cost increase from first class to a private plane plane.
Speaker 3: I get being annoyed by babies on planes, but I also think that even though you think that there's places babies shouldn't be, that doesn't necessarily mean that their parents shouldn't be there, because there's still people. So like, if their parents bought a first class ticket and their baby is crying, then their parents still deserve to be on first class. They still deserve to go to a wedding.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go ahead and disagree, and I don't don't tell me I'm man's plaining because this is just an opinion. You can have your opinion. But I think it's like, no, that is a courtesy when you can afford first class and you want to be in first class, but you have a baby. It's kind of like you don't get to stay out all night if you have a baby. You got to be home by eleven o'clock so the babysitter can go home. There are certain things that come with being a parent that, guess what, it's not going to be the same as before you had a baby.
Speaker 2: Like rich people get to get lucky and not be by a crying baby, but the people back in economy have to deal with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know that I would make it. I don't know that I would make it a class thing, Jenny. I think that when you pay for a steak, you want a steak. When you pay for chicken, you want chicken. I don't think that I want to turn it into a class warfare kind of a thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is war.
Speaker 2: Actually, what's happening if you give both of your opinions.
Speaker 1: If you want to stay at a nice hotel you stay at like the Grand Garden by Hilton, if you want to stay at if you want to stay at a cheaper hotel, you stay at like the Red roof In. You know, That's just the way life is, is not class warfare. That's just kind of the way it is. But maybe I'm wrong. So so you think that everybody, no matter how much they make, should be able to sit. There should be no distinction of first class coach Again, now what.
Speaker 2: I was saying. I'm saying that someone who can afford first class shouldn't, like, not be privy to a crying baby, even though those people can afford for his class. But then people in economy who can't afford for his class have to be privy to the baby crying.
Speaker 1: What do you think? Send send an email? What do you think? Let us know, Let us know what you think. Let's move on to the next one. Sometimes I have trouble deleting the wrong ones. Here, hold on one second. Okay, that's from Tory. Okay, next one. Here we go. Charis writes in question for Jenny. Yeah, I broke up with someone a year ago because he didn't want to get married.
Speaker 2: Yes, I feel like I kind of remember this terse.
Speaker 1: We were together for four years, lived together three of them. We stayed friends for the past year. We've been getting along just like when we first started dating. The other day we went out on a date and he'd suggested we spend time together regularly. Okay, So this is I'm a little bit confused. So they stayed friends, okay, and then he said we should spend time together regularly. I'm on the fence about it. I like him and I like spending time with him, and I'm thinking marriage is maybe not such a big deal. I've tried dating and nothing has worked out. So my question is it worth it to get back together with your acts. I'm asking Jenny for advice, but I'll take it from Day Bailey and vont two. Love you guys, right, Jenny.
Speaker 2: I think she's asking me specifically because Andrew and I broke up, like you said, Day, and then we broke up and got back together. But we had a life in between breaking up and getting back together, and like grew up a lot in those years, and so I feel like it was a like we had time apart, and so it worked out for us to get back to together and had we like met up and our lives weren't aligned anymore than it wouldn't have worked out, but it just worked out that like timing worked out for us. So it kind of sounds like it's a little timing situation with this guy. I would say it's worth getting back together if that's the person you're still thinking about all the time and neither of you did each other dirty, I think maybe, yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: My question, why does he not want to get married?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What is the reason? And if it's because I'm not ready or you know, what is the reason? Because my first thought, Sharis, and this is not disrespectful to you or him, is that he might not be completely faithful. Now, that might be a hard pill to swallow, because why the fuck would you not want to get married, you know, unless it's like you got another woman on the side. Now, So ask yourself, honestly, Charise, is he being completely faithful? And if you're like, oh, yeah, absolutely, no question, then maybe it is okay to be together. Yeah, but that'd be my first thing, is like, is he being completely faithful?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't argue that people get married don't get married for many different reasons, not just because of that.
Speaker 1: What is the reason?
Speaker 2: Then maybe they're traumatized from their parents who had an awful divorce like I did. Then bring that up right, No, for sure, that's a conversation that should be had, like you should ask why. But I would say that there are people out there that just don't get married because they maybe don't believe in the tradition, like they're like, eh, whatever, we're together. There's plenty of people that have been together for like fifty years and never got married.
Speaker 1: I know that's true. And there's a lot of people who like, I mean, like you, I mean why and you don't have to answer why don't you and Andrew want to get married.
Speaker 2: It's not that we don't want to, we're just not in any sort of rush. I think that there it could happen, like it could happen any day that he proposed me and I would say yes, But it's just not something that's like top of our list. We have other things we want to focus on besides like me having a ring on my finger and a couple documents sign that say that we're married.
Speaker 1: Why is it then that people put such a value on marriage. It's like, oh my god, we got engaged and Cheryl comes into work and she's waving around her ring from wedding day diamonds.
Speaker 3: You get a lot of attention when you get married, and like, I think you do get more respect when you're married in general. So I think that there's like a cultural like for years and years and years, like weird kind of respect over people who are married, and like value is put on it. So that's why people go kind of crazy over it, because they know about that long lasting value that's been put on it.
Speaker 1: And I think it is it's kind of an institution. I mean, we did a wedding here at the radio station two weeks ago today and people that didn't even know the couple watched and they thought it was very romantic and they got teary eyed and whatever, because I think it is. It is such an institution. But I think as our society grows or ages or progressive or whatever, people go, I don't have to be married to be happy, you know, I mean, you don't have to be missus what is Andrew's last name?
Speaker 2: Newton?
Speaker 1: You don't have to be missus Newton. You'd still be You'd still be Would you get rid of the awful name Suttenberger. If you married him and become Jenny Newton.
Speaker 2: You know, I haven't decided because this is such a generic like last name. I feel like company Newton's are there in the world. There's only like four Lutenbergers, right, and our name is dying because literally everyone in my family is women. So like everyone got married and changed their last name. So far that has gotten married. We have one cousin that's still like, he's never going to find a partner. Honestly, he's a mess and I just don't think he'll ever find a partner. But yeah, we could get into a lot of things with him.
Speaker 1: But okay, that's a different story for time. On the next Minnesota Goodbye, Yeah, we had the same thing there. I was telling them the doctor. He was like, you know how many yesterday? How many kids?
Speaker 3: You have?
Speaker 1: Four boys? Girls? I got to have two boys, two girls, And I said, our family is really girl heavy. Allison girls, Chase has a girl, Beth has a girl and a boy. My mom and dad had four girls, two boys. His brother had four girls, no boys. His other brother had three girls and an adopted boy. Wow, our family lean's girl heavy and the only one right now to carry on. Our family name is Carson, and at this rate, I don't know what's going to happen. Carson will be He is only twenty three, almost twenty four on April Fool's Day, but he doesn't date, and from what I understand, he has no interest in dating, or maybe he'd like to, but it's not going well. I don't know. I told him, Carson, I said, by the time I was your age, I was a father. I had a three year old kid by the time I was your age.
Speaker 3: He's like, I don't want to do that.
Speaker 1: That is the Minnesota Goodbye. Did we provoke any thoughts today? Send an email to Ryan's show at KTIWGB dot com and we'll get you on next time.