Speaker 1: Good evening everybody, and welcome to another episode of Fire Up. I hope you are fired up as we are at this late hour tonight. How are you guys tonight.
Speaker 2: I'm good, Ralph, Ralph, You're good, so.
Speaker 3: Doing real well? Thank you. I'm good, thank.
Speaker 1: You, good good good well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm here, I'm good, thank you.
Speaker 1: I have to say the title says it all. The streak for Florida hockey teams continue. This is the sixth straight Stanley Cup Finals that Florida hockey team will be playing in. The first three were the Lightning, the last three have been the Florida Panthers. And with that in Walks, Samir, Good evening, sir, good, how are you good?
Speaker 4: Perfect time?
Speaker 1: We just started, We really just started. So my first thing we were just gonna quick talk about we were gonna is talking about how the streak for Florida hockey teams continues because this is the sixth straight Stanley Cup Final that will have one of the Florida teams. The first three where the Tampa Bay Lightning, and then the last three now have been the Florida Panthers. Who would have guessed one of the teams from one of the warmest cities, warmest states, and we are in the sixth time were what I would consider a cold weather sport on the ice, any of your any thoughts from.
Speaker 5: Any of you, I mean, I think it just goes to show what and this follows for any sport, what the right ownership can do, because especially with the Sun Belt teams like the Florida teams in Carolina, it shows what the right ownership can do. And with that being said, and regarding the subject of the success of the Sun Belt teams, there's been some chatter around Atlanta potentially getting a third try at the NHL. And obviously the Flames weren't here very long in the seventies and eighties. They went to Calgary. The Thrashers were here for eleven years. They only made the Playoff. Swans, their owners in the Atlanta Spirit Group could care less about the team. They were too busy fighting each other more than they were about investing in the team, and attendants was bad team one very successful. They end up going to Winnipeg and they are now the Jets. So look, I know it's a long shot. I know recently the commissioners said they weren't looking to expand anytime soon, but I wouldn't rule out Atlanta potentially getting a third shot at the NHL. And I feel the same way about Arizona. I know they just lost their team and they had issues with ownership and the arena situation. But I feel like with the right ownership group, as you're seeing in these Sun belt cities like Tampa, Florid, Miami, the Miami Fort Lauderdale area, Carolina, the right ownership can work. So that's my takeaway from it.
Speaker 1: Penn's been in your thoughts.
Speaker 4: It seemed like to me that I don't like them. I don't like them, but when you get into the playoffs, it's a whole new season. They limped into playoffs, and when they played the playoffs, they seem to get hotter as that as every series happened. So I thought they're gonna I thought the Capital is gonna be at the Stanley Cup. I thought they were gonna lose to the Florida for the Florida Panthers, and then they just kept going. And then Carolina they seemed like they're a fighting team, but they fell apart. So like a good goaltender gets you where you need to get to. So I give credit to the Florida Panthers. Ralph.
Speaker 3: Your thoughts, well, Florida has always been a fighting, pretty type of team. The Lightning have all have been in the Stanley Cup and have won some. So you know, it's no surprise that these two teams, and they have good coaches as well, uh you know, some some pretty decent coaches that they've managed to have that have been able to keep these teams in the hunt every single season. And you know, there's times when I've watched the Lightning play the Penguins and the Panthers play the Penguins, and the Penguins struggle against both of these teams because both of these teams are are gritty and or you know, and have you know, and been in and out of these playoffs and the Stanley Cups. They and they know how to win. I mean, you know, you have to know how to win. There's a way to do it. As far as winning goes, the.
Speaker 1: One thing I will say is it doesn't it doesn't matter your regular season record. What matters is getting into the playoffs, especially for the NHL, and being hot at the right time. The Panthers, they take it to a whole new level when I think from the regular season, they've been doing really well, and it most definitely matters who's between the pipes, because, let's face it, if you watched the Panthers series with Carolina, until Carolina made the switch and behind the pipes, everybody thought the Panthers could sweep them, and they didn't. They lost the game when the pipes went to somebody else. But yeah, Burgowski is he is a really good goal tender, and he's resurrected his career and he's gonna go down as one of the best. I would say. Now, still kind of speaking of a little bit about hockey, but I found this and I thought this was really interesting. The Minnesota Timberwolves were eliminated by the Thunder in the Western Conference Final. It has now been thirty four years since an MLB, NBA, NFL, or NHL team from Minnesota has won a championship. No other city has a current drought of more than twenty years, So the Minnesota Wild have zero Stanley Cups in their history, Minnesota Timberwolves have zero NBA championships, the Minnesota Vikings have zero Super Bowls in their team's history, and the Minnesota Minnesota Twins the last time they won in the World Series came back in nineteen ninety one. What are your thoughts about Minnesota and this drought. Who'd like to go first?
Speaker 4: I guess say, well, Gay, go first, go ahead, Smar.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I guess it shows that as an Atlanta sports fan who has endured his own fair share of sports pain and getting close and not quite getting there.
Speaker 5: I guess it shows that we're not alone. That's my that's my only takeaway from it.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm Okay, Ralph.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, it's hard to come back from a deficit, and it's really hard if you are, you know, in that hole. I mean, it's not easy. And if it's been since nineteen ninety one that they've come back or even won a championship more or less, uh, you know, this is this is something to what I use what somebody used to say to me when they didn't know they weren't familiar with something. They used to call it genera because they weren't familiar with it. Maybe they're you know, they're not familiar with this. This is something that's new to them now and it's been a long time. So let's see if they can come back and do and win and do some and really do something here that would be an interest that would be very interesting to see that.
Speaker 1: Pens.
Speaker 4: Then your thoughts, The Minnesota Twins have bullpen problems. They need to get the bullpen situation fixed. They need to get they need to draft players. The Minnesota. Minnesota Timberwolves are getting closed. They keep making the playoffs, but they just can't find the finishing touch to get to the finals. And the Minnesota while they went out and got Mark Andre Fleury and then you saw what he did in Pittsburgh, but and you saw what he did Las Vegas. Something's not right with the Minnesota. While if you get more country flory between the pipes and you can't win there, there's gotta be something wrong. So I think Minnesota is getting closer. They just need these little touch ups to get there.
Speaker 1: And my take is, considering I'm from Wisconsin, I don't really care if Minnesota wins or not because they're always against us. So you know, for me, well, I'll let's put it this way. The Twins are an American League team, so they don't really go against MI Milwaukee Brewers. But obviously the Vikings, playing the same division as the Packers. The Vikings can stay in the bottom, that's fine. Where the background at the bottom, that's fine with me. Minnesota timber will, Yes, they're much improved. I think over the last couple of years. Do they have enough to get them over the hump? I'm obviously they didn't this year. So in the wild have tried, but they just couldn't get it done this year either. So, but that no other city has had has quite the drought is kind of I thought, very interesting. Let's move a little over. Since we've talked a little bit about the twins, let's let's talk a little bit of I have an interesting stat The payroll of the LA Dodgers injured pictures one hundred and two million dollars and injured pictures is more than the total payroll of six teams, the Guardians, the Rays, the Pirates, the Athletics, the Marlins, and the White Sox. Thoughts about how much payroll is sitting on the injured list with the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Well, that happens. That happens to the Dodgers every year, Candy. You know, it seems like they go out and they spend all this money except for last year. Now, Okay, but every other time they go out there, they fall short of getting to the World Series except for last year. Okay, but now we're back to the same cycle with them again, that they have all these injured players and all this big money out there, and who knows what's going to happen this year with them.
Speaker 4: Pensmen, your thoughts, like you're like, your take, I don't care. It's just the Dodgers are the Dodgers. Like I'm a Yankees fan, but I just They're all you keep hearing. You turn on the ESPN and the first thing you hear is the Dodgers. This the Dodgers. That Toddy, the Toddy that It's like, okay, there's thirty two. Other clubs talk about their clubs, but they spend they spend their money wisely, but injuries come, so Dodgers want to pay it.
Speaker 1: Smear your thoughts about the injured pay roll of the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, they'm It just goes to show you how good they are as an organization by the fact that they've had all these injuries, like even last year, they had injuries to their starting pitching last year in the postseason and they still won the World series. It goes to show you that, you know, not only do they spend money, but they're also really good at you know, utilizing and developing their talent. That's just what it is. It's like they're you know, they're that organization who's there just they just do everything miles ahead and better than everyone else. From their scouting they're developing, from the way they spend money, the way they signed, how theyse the you know, the players they sign. You know, I think it's easy to point to their payroll and the big names like Mookie show Hey and whatnot, But what's not talked about enough is how they bring guys in that where, you know, kind of tell us to side other teams like Chris Taylor, who was just dfaed by them not too long ago. He was a like he was a key part of their organization for years. Max Munsey was cast off by the Athletics and now he's been there for a number of years. Same with Justin Turner. He was a cast off for what team did you play for before the Dodgers? I forgot who bets No, Justin Turner. I think it was the Red I mean years years before that. Oh so yeah, So like Justin Turner, for example, he was at the Orioles and the Mets for a number of years, didn't really contribute there. Then then he was signed to the Dodgers and he's there for almost a decade. He's an All Star with them. So it just shows you how much like you know, just shows you where they are is in an organization more than anything.
Speaker 1: But it also shows you how much money they have to spend. Because if they can have that much money on their payroll that's injured and yet they're still fielding a team and doing better than some of these other teams, that's kind of crazy. I mean, how much money they have to spend. We all know that they've spent a lot of money though too. I just thought that was really surprising that they had so much one hundred and two million dollars worth of pitchers sitting on the injured list.
Speaker 4: So some mirror, I think it's the Red Sox because I think him and Mooki came to Dodgers almost the same time.
Speaker 5: No, Justin Turner, his first year there was twenty fourteen.
Speaker 4: That's it, Okay.
Speaker 5: He was with the Mets and the Orioles from twenty nine to twenty thirteen.
Speaker 4: Okay, for some reason, I thought he was playing with the Red Sox before he went to So I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: We're good, Okay, So I have an odd odd one tonight. So the Milwaukee Brewers. The Brewers set a new dollar Day hot dog record sell dollar hot dogs that they sold in one day, forty one thousand, seven hundred and thirty three hot dogs at one game. The capacity of the stadium is forty one thousand, nine hundred.
Speaker 4: Total.
Speaker 1: Again, forty one, seven hundred and thirty three.
Speaker 5: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Well, well, how many how many hot dogs they sell? Again?
Speaker 1: Or they sold forty one thousand, seven hundred and thirty three hot dogs where their capacity for seating is only forty one thousand, nine hundred. Everybody had at least one. And I don't know if the attendance that day was forty one nine, but that's their capacity.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's craazy.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what the pirates are doing now, Candy, they're having a dollar dog Day. What they do is every Thursday when they have businessman specials, you know, at one thirty start time, when nobody's at the game, that's when they're doing their dollar dog days. Now before they did them and you could eat as many as you wanted. And then about I think it was three years ago, Pensman maybe if you remember this correctly, they ran out of buns. Yeah, the year they ran hot dogs, so now they then last year they did two hot dogs per person. That was all you could get for one dollar. And now they're doing it on Thursdays for every time there's a businessman special. That's when they're doing them. Because they get about four thousand fans or something.
Speaker 4: They actually had to run out and get more buns that night.
Speaker 3: More funs. Yeah, I know, I know the director of food service over there because I used to work security at panc mm hmm yeah, any thoughts, it's not there anymore.
Speaker 4: Doesn't have any thoughts.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's okay, you know that. So it was just one of those.
Speaker 3: Candy that's a lot of hot dog in there.
Speaker 1: That is that is a lot of hot dogs?
Speaker 6: Oh my yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 5: My only thoughts are that, I know the if you follow NFL concession pricing for those that do, a lot of people don't. The Falcons and Mercedes Benz Stadium have kind of flaunted their cheap concession prices compared to the rest of the league, and hot and hot dogs are relatively cheap. So this past season against the chiefs our owner Arthur Blank was inducted into the team's Ring of honor.
Speaker 4: Oh that's that's good for him. That's awesome.
Speaker 5: So I guess in honor of that, they made all the hot dogs free that night, and I think by the and I think like by the middle of the third quarter, apparently they ran out of hot dogs.
Speaker 3: So wow, wow, Well, you know what, I spent more time in line, uh, waiting for hot dogs than I did watching the game. I'd watch it on a on a TV screen because I spent all my time in line trying to get hot dogs. I mean, you know DNC Park, so when I used to go for a dollar dog.
Speaker 4: I have a question for Candy. Okay, do you know how the hot dog grace went on Saturday at Andy?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: I do not.
Speaker 4: Okay, you brought it up last Thursday. I don't know if you watched it or oh I did?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I did not. I did not. I I'm trying to think, who want which one of the Wieners won? I do. I did see that. I did even see the winner.
Speaker 4: Let me see, Okay, I wasn't sure if you if you did or not, because I saw pilots of it, but I didn't see who the winner.
Speaker 3: An Oscar Mayerwhene that was in there. Uh.
Speaker 1: The Slaw Dog wienermobile won the inaugural Wienie five hundred race, a two lap competition held at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway during what they call carb Day. The race featured six Oscar Meyer wienermobiles competing for the win. So, yeah, that was I read up about it and they said, what did it? I was trying to read to see if it told me so. It says, according to each wienermobile represented a different regional dog, so it included the Chai to the Chai Dog for Midwest, the New York Dog for East, the Slaw Dog for Southeast, the SnO Ram Dog for Southwest, the Chili Dog for the South, and Seattle Dog for the Northwest. Each driver had a custom hot dogger racing suit, and the Wiener winner was presented with their trophy and a hot dog in the Wieners circle. I want to say, let's see fans were able to bet on it. Those who got the most points want to share of a total cash prize of ten thousand. I want to say I read someplace trying to find out if they say how fast they went. Oh, I thought I had seen that. Let me see if I can find any else on it. I thought it was so funny though. That's why we brought it up, is that.
Speaker 4: We were talking about hot dogs. That's what made me think of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, we talked about it a little bit and you know, and that was it's a it. In a down to the wire race among the six let's see made a dramatic pass of the Wiener Mobile repping Chicago at the finish line to win the inaugural WEENI five hundred. The margin was about a half a bun. Oh, that's kind of funny, but it does not. The Wienerobiles have been around since nineteen thirty six as a promotional vehicle for Oscar Mayer. Oh. I was just trying to figure out if, oh, it did say they jumped into the lead. We don't feel slowly picked up speed until they reached about sixty five miles per hour, which if I'm thinking about, like I know, driving my own car, like sixty five doesn't seem that that much. But if you're talking about on a racetrack with that big ambia, that would be kind of very interesting.
Speaker 4: But and NASCAR's cautioned sixty five miles per hour too, So.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, Uh So I have a question for you guys, because I know we like normally talk a lot of NFL, and I know two of you are kind of Pittsburgh guys, and I know you're waiting for a decision. But my question would be, if Aaron Rodgers does decide to retire, does it taint him or change your opinion onion? If he signs a one day contract with the Packers to retire as a Packer or if he doesn't, does it matter to you? Does it change your thoughts about him at all? And we'll start with you Ralph.
Speaker 3: No, it doesn't. But I will say this, I could care less if he comes to Pittsburgh or not. Uh you know, I think we can win with Mason Rudolph if they can get the running game going and uh and get the offensive line up, the speed and the defense and you know the line of scrimmage and uh you know, uh we have Will Howard. Uh you know, I my Sports Corner radio show. We talked about, hey something, will Howard just start him and go with him and if if he doesn't work out, oh well too bad. You had a losing season or you went nine to eight again. So you know, mediocre mic at its best. So you know, but uh, you know, this stuff waiting for him to sign with us or to show up for whatever. Uh. You know, I think the Steelers should just say forget it and let's go with Mason Rudolph or Will Hired or whatever, and let's just move on. It's a distraction. It's caught. You know, you got everybody out there saying this and that, Oh they spotted him in town, and you know he's not there. You know, he hasn't been seeing in Pittsburgh. So there are people out there with fake news, you know, like Scott says, fake news, you know, with that stuff.
Speaker 1: Mm hm.
Speaker 3: So I'm getting a little tired of it. You know, I just want the Steelers to move on from it. You know, if he if my eyes, if he didn't sign by the end of the draft, forget it. So you know, so.
Speaker 1: Depends one of your thoughts.
Speaker 4: I'm with Ralph there. It's doesn't change anything. If if he comes to Pittsburgh. If he does, Oh, I what his wins, That's all I care about. I'm tired of winning seasons. I'm tired of this. I just want to compete for the Serper. Well I wanted to. I want that. But all I heard was this is an all season topic. That's all I hear. I keep hearing it's all season topic. And I think we can win with Rudolph and the way I hear about Will Howard, I think and I wanted him to be our quarterback in the draft and we got him. So I think he's brings his Ohio State performance and gets and we get a LAVE, which is a long shot, but if we do get a LAVE, I think we'll be all right. But I think he should retire as a packer.
Speaker 1: Smear your thoughts.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I don't think it's a question he's going to retire a packer. I don't think that's a question. Yeah. And now regarding Ralph your comments on Mason, Rudolph and Will Howard, I know in Pittsburgh, with the fans in the media, the expectation is that every year they're competing for the super Bowl. And I know a lot of Steelers fans have complained about Mike Tomlin, But I mean, can you I mean, like, can we can we be fair here? Like can you really expect the guy to win super Bowls with since Ben retired, Mitchell Trubisky, Kenny Pickett, Mason Rudolph. I think Duck Hodges played a couple of games justin fields who's been let go by two teams now and and a washed up Russell Wilson, Like, who realistically is contending for a Super Bowl with that given the rest of the quarterbacks that are in the AFC, and and and the rest of the and the A the other teams in that division, specifically Baltimore and the offense they have in Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: Uh well, I mean I will say, and Pensman will agree with me on this, Okay, Mike Tomlin has a lot of say in what goes on in this in this whole situation, Samir, Because what happened was Dan Snyder came a Sniffin looking at Mike Tomlin to be his general manager and his head coach at one point okay, with well the Redskins commanders, whatever you want to call him. Okay, this was this was like right around the tail end of the time when Dan Snyder had still had the team there, he came a sniffin looking for somebody to take over like that, and Art Rouiney the second was forced his hand, was forced to give Mike Tomlin more power. So now Mike Tomlin has more power. Tomlin's part of this problem too, because he has a lot of more say than everyone thinks in this whole situation. Okay, they blew it after Roethlisberger retired. They should have had a better game plan. They relied on Kenny Pickett. They took Kenny Picket because they didn't want to hear complaining from pitt fans if Pickett won somewhere else and won a Super Bowl, Oh, why didn't he take the pick guy? So not to have the slack from the pit fans, they went ahead and drafted him in the first round and it backfired, blew up in their face, and they got an egg on their face. Okay, they should have had a game plan ahead of time. They never did. Kevin Kolbert never did, and neither did Mike Tomlin. And now we have Omar Kahn, who's the numbers cruncher and not a football kind of guy. You know, he handles, the salary cap and stuff like that. They only gave the GM post because other teams come a sniffing looking to sign him to be their GM. So you know that's Mike Tomlin is more power than everyone thinks. Okay, I just want to let you know that. And he had a lot of say in this stuff too, so it's not all the front office.
Speaker 5: A lot of it is him too, because I know, like the power structure with NFL teams kind of varies. I know, a lot of kid like for example, in the case of the Falcons in it's only unique to them. They' tout this collaboration, you know, way of doing things where there's no one guy that makes the final call. It's kind of like this, you know, between the head coach, the general manager, maybe the owner, maybe the owner's right hand man, Rich McKay, Like there's no idea, there's not really clear on who's in charge. So I guess in Pittsburgh it's the opposite. Tomlin is calling the shots, right.
Speaker 4: You just don't know it all right, You have to study, you have to actually study a breath between the lines in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: But I would also say this, you guys complain that you've never been to the Super Bowl, but yet you've never had a losing season under Tomlin for how many years? There are a lot of teams that would love to even be in that situation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, look, as a Falcons fan, I love to say my team has gone almost two decades of not having a losing season.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, SamArt, Okay, you rather you rather have winning seasons and then not go to the Super Bowl and erase that twenty eight to three deva set. You rather do that.
Speaker 5: I would rather do that than then have to then go through the worst loss in sports history, okay, and then losing the division around next year and then go seven years about making the playoffs?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: What about what about being at Detroit Lions and was the last time they went to the.
Speaker 4: Superow No, That's what I'm saying. Like they went to the NFC Champions Gap last year. They had to build up.
Speaker 5: Right, And I bet you before they hired the Campbell Holmes regime, I bet you they would be in the same boat saying, hey, well, you know, we'd like to have a Mike Tomlin.
Speaker 1: You know all these did he even have winning seasons?
Speaker 5: They went winless one year, so.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe maybe if he did go to another team he'd have more success. Good for him, you know, maybe the Steelers need to get somebody in here. Yeah, you know, Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Maybe if he goes somewhere else, maybe he'll do better. I don't know.
Speaker 4: We're just we're just tired of winning seasons, have wanted done.
Speaker 3: We just want to go.
Speaker 4: We want to actually see what the AFC Championship game in the Super Bowl feels like again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but but I will think the one complaint I would have about Sombling, and I think this is his biggest shortcoming, is his coaching tree. Like, yes, I think the only coordinator under Somblin that's going on to become a head coach was Bruce Ayrians. And wasn't Arians there under Cower already?
Speaker 3: Yeah? He was there under Cower, Yes, yes, so and then he he he ended up signing or that they ended up sign Arians to be his offensive coordinator when he took over and Dick Loopo was in charge of the defense. And then when it happened was when Dicklobo retired or when his contract was up. Uh, they never resigned him you know, resigned him to do that because Tomlan wanted to control of the defense. So then what happened was they ended up signing having Keith Butler, uh, you know as the defensive coordinator for many years. So there they are big, you know, big.
Speaker 5: Running the offense. Yes, yeah, I don't need to reminians on those three.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 4: And Mike Thomas never actually had a winning team. All those winning team was Bill Cowards team.
Speaker 5: I know, those earliers, A lot of those were Calary hold O holdovers. I mean, I mean they that's some talented teams under someone.
Speaker 4: Like like, of course, how you finish it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like I know they had that period with the Killer Bees when the offense was really good, but the defense wasn't good.
Speaker 4: Then before Brown got decked in Cincinnati, he was great, Yeah.
Speaker 5: But of course the defense wasn't good. Like in twenty seventeen. I know, like Blake Burtles put like forty five on the Steelers in that playoff game, and I don't think they've won a playoff game since last time was twenty sixteen. Right, they beat the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: Nobody that yeah, how they have right exactly? Yes, yes, that's why they're having a debate right now, samiir as to whether or not we should resign TJ. Watt, we should just let him play out of his contract or try to trade him and get a bunch of players, because now TJ. Watt has been with this team. You know, the consensus here or the consensus in Pittsburgh is the fact that maybe we can win with them or we can win without them. And you know, but you know, if we get to the super Bowl without them, then we look like geniuses. If we if we don't get to the super Bowl with then we don't look like genius.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: So I mean, I don't see that happening. Let's be real, because t J. Watt is a is obviously a difference maker. Like like I was seeing a stat like somewhere that the Steelers defense. I think that like there is a difference with and without c J.
Speaker 3: Watt, and there is.
Speaker 5: It's like like that Week one game against the Falcons, the one I was at, Like, let's tell you right now, the Falcons win that game had it not been for CJ. Watt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, I agree with you. He is a difference maker. But there's been a lot of times in key games that he's late in eight and uh, you know he led a rookie offensive lineman William in a couple of games. So I mean, you know, Pensman will even tell you that. I mean, you know, watch carefully.
Speaker 4: Plus in the last three or four games, he's last for the three game ful. Greg gabs he the last three four seasons, he's been injured a lot. Yes, he's been having his pectatorial he's got surgery, he's been hurting his ankle, his knee, his I mean he's starting to break down.
Speaker 3: So yeah, he has played hurt though, Pensman. That's one thing I will say.
Speaker 4: But you know, like I said, his injury prone is starting to come in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so we'll see. I'm sorry, Candy wouldn't mean that.
Speaker 1: No, that's finely, I that that's the part of the show, is the ebbs and flow of us having good conversations that.
Speaker 4: We are and Cole, you can have them if you want, if you give us a good, good draft pick or whatever, that's fine. The Bucks can have him if you give us the right pieces.
Speaker 1: So well, I would say I could even almost see him coming. And this is going to surprise you, coming to Green Bay, coming back home because he's from Wisconsin. Originally, I could see that.
Speaker 3: You know, two first round picks maybe or a first round and and some other picks, and uh, load up some draft picks and maybe get a couple of key player or two. I wouldn't, I would. You know, we got some guys in the system now, we're developing Nate her or Nick Herber coming. You know, we got drafting.
Speaker 4: So if you gime a Savage, you could have TJ.
Speaker 1: So I hear there's a report out there Dolphin Steelers discuss trade for John new Smith. What's your thoughts?
Speaker 7: We got.
Speaker 3: We got too many tight ends?
Speaker 4: No way, no way.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Look I've seen it up from for three years. Arthur Smith loves his tight ends. I'm surprise because John new Smith has had a lot of it, has had a lot of success in Arthur Smith's offense, like for example, with the Titans years ago, I believe it was twenty he had eight touchdowns and then he went to New England, didn't do anything there, comes here to Atlanta that one year and has the same number of touchdowns as Kyle Pitts. They both had. They both had three touchdowns that year and he only had like, for example, twenty twenty three, the one year John new Smith was here, Kyle Pitts only had three more catches than John new Smith. So I know, John new Smith is a guy that Arthur Smith loves to utilize. He made the Pro Bowl last year about not almost nine hundred yards, eighty eight catches and eight touchdowns, by far the best year of his career. So we'll see.
Speaker 3: Well we'll see too as well, Samir, because see here's the thing. We don't really have a solid second receiver yet to backup DK Metcalf. So if Metcalf is being double teams, the triple team, we got to get the ball to the tight end. And maybe you're right, maybe that'll work this year, you know what I mean, you know, but we we really don't have it because we traded George Pickens, which everyone fighter was gonna be Pickens and Metcalf, but you know, we traded George Pickens, and uh, you know, so, but who who who steps up? Roman Wilson's been hurt. H you know, a bunch of guys. I mean, you know, we got some guys who are average, but that's about it.
Speaker 4: They were saying it throughout that rumy Wilson could be the number two guy now because Wilson has been stepping up in OTAs And there's the dark Southern gentleman in the in the dark.
Speaker 3: What's he in the dark room?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Aaron Rodgers, what's going on?
Speaker 8: Well, well, Josh would be happy to know that I'm inside my garage, inside my car, too bad, Jos.
Speaker 3: Inside my vehicle.
Speaker 4: Rights, that's praceless.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so we're we're down at a wedding down in Charleston.
Speaker 8: I've got like seven adults in the house staying here with me, two kids, a dog, and I never missed the opportunity to jump on a show of fire up if I can avoid it, and so here I am.
Speaker 1: Plus, you probably wanted to avoid the other seven adults right now and talk some sports.
Speaker 8: Right, I'm gonna leave that one. I'm not going to fry up the other adults this evening. But yes, you could say that I needed a break.
Speaker 3: And that's almost as bad as Pensman's friends staying with eight people.
Speaker 4: No, that was hell, that was JD. He said, eight o eight people.
Speaker 3: Okay, I didn't catch it.
Speaker 4: No, you're good, JD said, eight people. I didn't know about the seventh unless he's counting the eight as a dog.
Speaker 7: Let's get one.
Speaker 8: That's two, four, six, seven eight. I mean it's literally like ten people. And now this isn't a normal living arrangement. This is just we came down for a wedding. We're in beautiful SoCon country down here, Southern conference. We're on the I've been on the Citadel campus. I put out a tweet earlier that a lot of people are jumping on that SoCon campuses are some of the best, most beautiful campuses in all the world. And yeah, that this is just a this is a few night thing to celebrate one of the most beautiful things in the world, which is a wedding.
Speaker 1: Awesome, awesome. So I went around the horn, I guess around and talked to the other guys and got their opinions. My question to you is, does if Aaron Rodgers decides to hang it up and retire, does it taint his image or anything like that that you think of him if he signs a contract with the packers for one day to retire as a packer, or if he doesn't sign one, your thoughts are opinion on that?
Speaker 7: Overall?
Speaker 8: I think at this point his legacy is already somewhat tainted, going from being what we all expected to be a Hall of Fame quarterback for the Packers and then going to the Jets, where he, for lack of a better word, failed miserably. So I almost think at this point if he were to sign anywhere else, it could further taint his Hall of Fame status. So I think Aaron Rodgers would be best serve staying at home. And I mean, if he ends up signing back with the Packers to retire, that would be all fantastic.
Speaker 7: At the end of the day, but I don't know that he is welcome back in that regard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good thoughts, Good thoughts. Well, we can say it is final now. The Knicks did beat the Pacers tonight, so they will live to see another game. So the Pacers do leave that series three too. Any thoughts on that series and we all will start with Samir.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I'm not surprised the Knicks won last night. I mean, once tonight. I know they haven't been very good at the guard in these playoffs. Hasn't been the home field advantage that these Knicks fans like it's out it as, But they won. They took care of business and is going to Game six. Is do believe Indiana will close it out there. They've been very good at home in the playoffs, so we'll see.
Speaker 1: Pensman and your thoughts.
Speaker 4: Finally, we finally finally beat the Indiana Pacers. JD knows this. I We've lost so many one point games. I'm so glad that we got to play on the last night of Thursday night TNT of the broadcast of that. So tonight is the last night on TNT for the NBA. So I'm just glad to get I'm just glad the next did win tonight, and we'll see what happens Saturday night. Fingers Crossed will be at Game seven, hopefully, Ralph.
Speaker 3: Your thoughts, Well, I like to see the Pacers because I like the Underdolph, you know, the small guy that you know, the team that you wouldn't expect to win. You know, the Knicks haven't been in it in so long I can't even remember, so, you know, yeah, something like that. I guess I don't know, you know, But anyway, uh, you know, I'm rooting for the Pacers because it's gonna be interesting to see both the w NBA team and the NBA team both make headlines and both be able to you know, make some hay. It's good for the economy there, and it's good for you know, fans of both teams.
Speaker 1: So you know, JD your thoughts.
Speaker 8: I said it the other day, regardless of when these conference finals are over, the NBA Finals will not start until next Thursday, June the fifth, And I had a feeling that the Knicks and the Pacers were gonna go to a gainst seven and to me, that plays to both of their detriment when it comes down to facing Oka.
Speaker 7: See, there's always the argument.
Speaker 8: Of is it better to get some rest versus is it better to you know, keep your momentum going, keep yourself hot, and you know, not look like you've had a few days off. So I think it's going to be really interesting to see how long the Pacers next series gets stretched out. While OKAC is a already the best NBA team and b getting this extra rest going into the finals. Yeah, they might be a little bit cold or streaky their first game back, but at the end of the day, something has to be said for a potential seven days of rest compared to your opponents, and not only that the Knicks and the Pacers in their comebacks, not only will they be physically tired, they're going to be mentally drained.
Speaker 1: And they both teams haven't been there for a long time, so it it goes to the point where they might be drained because it's been a long season and then they've gone this far. I still like the Pacers. I think they're gonna do it. I think they're gonna do it in this in six Yes, and for Christopher, thank you. Yes, for all you hockey fans. It is a rematch of the Cup from last year. So Edmonton uh managed to win tonight six three over the Dallas Stars, so it will be a rematch of last year's Stanley Cup Finals, and I believe that one starts June fourth, I think is what they were saying if the if the series ended tonight, So I'm guess we could be seeing, you know, the NBA Finals and this Stanley Cup Finals back to back starting days. Apart anybody's thoughts about the rematch for the Stanley Cupp.
Speaker 8: Well, I just want to say shout out to our guy Brian who picked the Dallas Stars. He was all in on that pick, and man, I hate to tell you, but like most of my predictions, you were wrong too, Brian, I love you.
Speaker 7: Sorry about the Dallas Stars losing.
Speaker 1: Anybody else predictions.
Speaker 4: I hope Connor McDavid does get this time. And I was gonna say this earlier, but I just want to remind the Florida Panthers it is a three peat, so you know how teams are with the three peats. So I just hope Connor McDavid does get the championship. He deserves one. He got gold medal, so we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: Ralph, your thoughts.
Speaker 3: I would love to see Connor McDavid finally gets Stanley Cupp. It would be interesting to see Edmonton in this game. They're already up four to one, and uh, you know, we'll see what what what they do, and we'll see what goes on with the Panthers and they and the rest of this and you know, it could be some could be a rematch from last year. We'll see see what happens and maybe not.
Speaker 5: I don't and then again, yeah, i'd like to see economic david get it, and more importantly, or more notably, most notably, it'd be good to see Canadian team get it. It hasn't happened in over thirty years. Let's see if the Oilers do it.
Speaker 8: Mm hmm, yes, yeah, the three Pets interesting and the Canada team aspect is very interesting.
Speaker 1: Yep, I agree, I agree. Okay, guys, NBA the last time each team reached the NBA Finals. The drought for some teams is real. So there are one, two, three, four, five teams that have never made the finals. Can you guys guess the five teams that have never made the NBA Finals.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say Minnesota, the Atlanta Hawks. Well, since they've moved to Atlanta, they haven't.
Speaker 1: Okay, so not one of the five though.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm gonna say the the Hornets. That's another one. Yes, the Pelicans, Yes, let's see some Minnesota, Charlotte, New Orleans.
Speaker 7: What about the Washington Wizards.
Speaker 1: I think nineteen seventy nine they were last and Atlanta was last at nineteen sixty one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so before they moved to Atlanta.
Speaker 4: Extra two thousand, Philly was there, so there they kept them out.
Speaker 5: The Nets made it twice in the two thousands, so.
Speaker 7: It's nice, correct, Supersimes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but who I'm sorry? JD.
Speaker 7: Supersicks.
Speaker 1: No, they actually well no, it's actually a team. Now.
Speaker 3: There I got, I got my five.
Speaker 1: Okay, Ralph, what are your five?
Speaker 3: My five are the Minnesota Timberwolves, Charlotte Hornets, Memphis Grizzlies, New Orleans Pelicans, and the Los Angeles Clippers.
Speaker 1: There you go, exactly, Yes, good job, bro, thank you.
Speaker 3: And I don't even follow the NBA that much, hardly at all.
Speaker 1: That's okay. The out of the ones that the oldest that have been there would be next would be the Sacramento Kings, then Atlanta, then the Wizards, and then we go Putland back in ninety two, so then Houston in ninety five, Utah and ninety eight, the Bulls in ninety eight, Nicks and ninety nine, and the rest are all two thousand or sooner. So the Pacers last.
Speaker 3: We haven't been a championship in a while.
Speaker 1: The Chicago Bulls ninety eight was last time.
Speaker 3: Yes, the last time they were in something. It was.
Speaker 1: The Pacers are two thousand. The Knicks were ninety nine. Let's see, and we said okay and okay, see it was twenty twelve, so kind of interesting. Bingo, bingo. I'm trying to think where I was gonna go next.
Speaker 2: Oh, I have.
Speaker 1: Absurd but true. Jerry Judy is gonna He's gonna receive sixteen million dollars to play in twenty twenty five. That's more than all the Packers starting wide receivers and tight ends combined.
Speaker 3: Shades.
Speaker 1: Wow, crazy or what? All the Packers starting wide receivers and tight ends are scheduled to make fifteen point seven to nine million compared to Jerry Judy's making.
Speaker 4: I thought you had breaking news that he was going to Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: Socker.
Speaker 8: Y'all don't need any more wide receivers because you ain't got a quarterback that can throw to them.
Speaker 4: It's coming, It's come, It's common. He just hasn't made a decision yet.
Speaker 3: Hey, Pensman, I got a better chance to get struck by lightning.
Speaker 4: There you go, There you go, there you go.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I mean, isn't that a beautiful thing?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 7: You got one one? Well, no, I'm saying one wide.
Speaker 8: Receiver on one team making more than an entire roster of wide receivers and tight ends for another one. I mean to me, that just screens that Green Bay is a well run organization, and they didn't have to overpay people. I mean, they they got themselves themselves in a great spot, is what that says to me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what that says to me.
Speaker 1: Is they're hoping and banking that their quarterback does well. And because they paid him pretty early, a pretty hefty contract, I'm hoping that he proves it and throws to all those wide receivers and connect well.
Speaker 8: We talked about that the other day when we talked about the top ranked and I said you could, I said, Jordan Love will be the next one to see. But one of the reasons I said brock Party shouldn't have got his money is because he doesn't make those around him better. Can Jordan Love be that quarterback to make this fifteen million dollar roster of wide receivers and tight ends? Can he be the one to make him better? I trust Jordan Love more than I do brock Party. I don't know about you, guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I think one thing you have to count for is that Jordan Love did missing time last year. Number one. Number two. Yeah, if Christian Watson who's had problems staying healthy, and you've had Romeo Dobbs who's been inconsistent, and then and then who's the other receiver the Packers have number eleven?
Speaker 8: He makes he makes very little money, so I couldn't tell you, Oh, that's funny, that is so funny.
Speaker 5: Oh Jaden Reid. If Jaden has shown flashes, but again not enough consistency. So I mean, here's the hope that, you know, maybe Matthew Golden can be that next wide receiver one one for them first obviously we all know first wide receiver the Packers took in the first round since two thousand and two. And as a Southern Fried gentleman's gentleman said, it just goes to show why the Packers are such a model franchise, because it's not like the Packers haven't had their fair share of good wide receivers over the years. You know, Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, Jordan Nelson, DeVante Adams, I believe was what a third or a fourth round pick, and then Sterling sharp, Sterling sharp? And then now let's see, you know, if Matthew Golden, the team's first first round pick in almost twenty five years at that position, can be that next good wide receiver one. And if Jordan Love can stay healthy, I don't see why he can't I mean, I mean he I remember he was a really good player at Texas, so we'll see what he can.
Speaker 3: Do for them.
Speaker 8: And yeah, I mean, if there's one franchise you can trust over the last I don't know what twenty five to thirty years. As far as their quarterback plays, the Packers, Yeah, I mean they nailed it. Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers behind him for a few years. Jordan Love, they got it for a still later in the first round, sat behind Aaron Rodgers and everybody forgets it always benefits rookie quarterbacks if they can sit for a little while.
Speaker 1: So jd I love how you you kind of segued that because I have an interesting step. The last time each team started a rookie quarterback in an NFL game? So let's guess how do I even want to put this? Uh, well, let's start with each of your teams. Can you guys guess when was the last time your team started a rookie quarterback?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: So for me, yes, So for me, it's pretty easy.
Speaker 8: Michael, Yeah, for me it's pretty easy as well. Bryce John twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: I think it was, yeah, two thousand and four.
Speaker 4: Ben Roethlisberger, and then twenty two two, then twenty twenty two Kenny Pickett.
Speaker 3: Yeah, kennyt too.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, as well as I know, the Steelers have started a rookie quarterback way more recently than Ben Roethlisberger.
Speaker 4: I helped you out there be Bennis was.
Speaker 3: One, you know.
Speaker 1: So the Bears started in twenty twenty four, the Broncos in twenty four, the Commanders in twenty four, the Saints in twenty four, the Falcons and the Patriots all in twenty four. In twenty three we had the Vikings, the Browns, the Cardinals, the Colts, the Giants, the Panthers, the Raiders, the Texans and the Titans. In twenty two it was the Steelers, the San Francisco forty nine Ers, the Dolphins, and the Ravens. In twenty one it was the Jets and the Jaguars. In twenty it was the Eagles, the Bengals, the Cowboys and the Chargers. Then in nineteen it was the Lions. In eighteen, it was the Buffalo Bills. In seventeen, it was the Chiefs. In sixteen it was the Rams, fifteen it was the Buccaneers. In twenty twelve it WASWKS the Seahawks. Guess when the last time the Green Bay Packers started a rookie quarterback?
Speaker 3: Aaron Rogers, Well, guess the year.
Speaker 1: Guess the year.
Speaker 7: I was going to say somewhere in the nineties.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was going to say somewhere in the late eighties. It was it Mkowski.
Speaker 1: It was nineteen eighty seven. Was the last time the Packers started a rookie quarterback?
Speaker 8: Why in nineteen eighty seven? Nineteen eighty seven? Defense, that was the heck of a year. That was the year I was born.
Speaker 7: So y'all stay off of the nineteen eighty seven eight, but that is wild yeah, wild.
Speaker 1: Different was the year.
Speaker 3: That was the year I graduated from high school and made my evil at the same time.
Speaker 1: So same year, and it was Randy White. Don mccowsey was also a member of the team, and he started five games. Mkowski was drafted in the tenth round in nineteen eighty seven. But it just goes to show you, Like JD you were talking about how the Packers they draft them and they sit them, They don't normally throw them out there like a lot of these other teams do. I found that really interesting that the difference between all the years, Like, that's just crazy to me. Any topics you guys besides my talent. Otherwise, we're gonna get to my town. Unless there's a topic you guys are burning to talk about.
Speaker 3: I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Okay, my town, let's start with Let's start with Ralph.
Speaker 3: Well, uh, you know, there's a rumor today on the on YouTube by one of the podcasts, Steeler Podcasts has said that the Steelers signed the Huntley quarterback from Miami, which I find very hard to believe because I didn't hear anything from my sources. I reached out to them, they said no, Uh so, uh that's been squashed and uh, you know, so pirates are uh, pirates are off today. They play San Diego tomorrow and uh those Penguins were still waiting to see what kind of what who their head coach is going to be. And we're gonna find out what the pitt Panthers are going to do this year for football and basketball because both coaches are on the walking on eggshells this year, both Jeff Cable and At Carducci.
Speaker 1: So okay, JD, what's happening in your tone?
Speaker 7: Oh man, my town?
Speaker 8: I already told you all, I'm down in Charleston, so I will say I love the upstate of South Carolina way better. I almost got so disrespected last night by the humidity in Charleston.
Speaker 7: I almost turned around and went home, that's how bad it was. Got out of the car.
Speaker 8: It smacked me in the face and I almost said, you know what, humidity and heat, I'm going back to the upstate whereas not ninety degrees at eight am or nine pm. And so for my town, we're down in Charleston, shout out again. Like I said, I alluded to it. All of these beautiful Southern Conference venues. Clemson Regional this week, I'll be tuned into that top to bottom. That is the best NCAA baseball regional as far as talent. You got West Virginia a forty plus win team, Kentucky thirty something wins in the SEC, great team, and then Clemson and you've got USC Upstate who not to brag, I played a little baseball for them back in the day. So that is the best regional in college baseball. So y'all tune in to college baseball and college softball, Women's College World Series playoffs for college baseball.
Speaker 7: You won't find anything better.
Speaker 8: And that is what I want people in my town and on my Southern Fried Sports and my Bang Bang Southern Fried Gang. That's what I want them to know. College baseball, college softball, tune in.
Speaker 1: Sameir, what's happening in your town?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 5: So Falcons kicked off OTAs this week. Kirk Cousins was not there. That is not a surprise. Kyle Pitts it's a big year for him, got in a contract year, was not there. He's nursing an injury. Right tackle Kayla McGarry was also absent, per reports. Rookie Jaylen Walker has stood out. He has received a lot of recognition from Raheem Morris and some of his teammates, including Kaden Ellis. The Hawks are still in their search for their new basketball i mean president of basketball operations. There have been recent reports that they may end up not making a hire and may just let current general promoted general manager owns a sala oversee all basketball operations. And that tells me that, you know, there's a good chance that a lot of these candidates are don't want the job, which is something you definitely don't want to see. But regardless of which direction they go. Who they select or promote to be this next president of basketball operations is going to have a very big say in the direction of the franchise. We've been in the plane for four straight years, have not won a playoff series since that run of the Eastern Conference Finals in twenty twenty one. And you've got to make a decision on Trey Young. He is entering an opt out year in twenty twenty six, and he's made it clear that he wants to stay in Atlanta. But at the same time, you know, you've got to believe that he wants to win. But you know, I have seen, you know, some ideas photed around about the Hawks making a big trade for Yiannis and look, you know, seeing those graphics and photoshops if Trey Young and Giannis together is intriguing, but it's not what they need. You know. I look at what Indiana did you get one or two guys considered stars, and you've got to put in You've got to give them some really good depth pieces or guys that are really good at playing their role. The Hawks have that foundation with Trey obviously, and if he can stay healthy, Jalen Johnson and if he can continue to develop Zach or Risha she Dyson Daniels. But we need more specifically, we need a center and we need a big. We need a guy that's seven foot can rebound block shots, because that's what we've been missing most through these last four or five years. If you ask me now regarding the Braves, they just beat the Phillies. They won the second game of the doubleheader today nine to three. However, doesn't inspire still doesn't inspire a lot of confidence for me in the team as a whole. They've lost seven other last eleven. They're ten and a half back in the East. They are six games out of the wild Card. A lot of concerns around the bullpen, specifically recently, Das mel Hernandez Tuesday night walked in a run and then today in game one of the doubleheader hit Raffee Elmer Shawn, the Phillies backup catcher, to break a four to four tie. We end up losing that game five to four. I know in the ninth Sean Murphy missed a three run home run by a few feet and he had a questionable strike three call against Steli White with the bases loaded. I thought it was low. They did win Game two nine to three to avoid the sweep. Got six earned runs off of Zach Wheeler, including a two run home run by Ozzie Albis, who is currently on a hot streak. He has a fourteen game hitting streak and is seven to seventeen since Akunya came back last Friday. But as I said earlier, the win doesn't really lessen any of the concerns. I think twelve or thirteen of their losses consecutively, so their last twelve or thirteen losses have come by one or two runs, and it just comes down to the fact that they haven't been a clutch team. They have not been able to come up with big hits when it's mattered, and that's the frustrating part. Also another bullpen concern Rice el Iglesias. He struggled a lot this season. He's blown three saves that era is pushing six, and even tonight in a low leverage scenario, came in the game. We were up nine to two, a lot of two hits in a run. He almost allowed a home running at the end Alex Boom, but Michael Harris made a nice catch at the wall to end the game. But still, we are headed back to Atlanta, We've got a home stretch against Arizona and Boston coming up, and just still, there are a lot of concerns about this team. The clutch, hitting the bullpen, and then your rotation just took another blow.
Speaker 3: A J.
Speaker 5: Smith Shaver was pitched through about two and a half innings until he got hit by a comebacker, and then he also had a pop in his elbow, which is never good news. The worst kiss scenario is looking like it might be a Tommy John, which is very unfortunate. He was really starting to come into his own. But again, just another blow in a season that's been full of them. And I know, after a lot of losses, I've seen a lot of Braves fans on Twitter saying, you know, I think we need to fire a snicker. We need to fire Tim Hyers, the hitting coach. I just feel like at a certain point you've got to look at the players. The players play at the end of the day. I mean, a new manager is not going to help Mattleson hit with the bases voted. A new manager is not going to stop Daves beel Hernandez from walking people or stop Ry Silaguasi's from giving up home runs. So at the end of the day, it's up to the players.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I blame I blame Alex Santopolos.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, like like, the bullpen has always been an early offseason priority for Double A, and for one reason or another, you saw joean minn Az go down for the season, you saw j Minner leave, and for one reason or another, you decided not to address the bullpen. And now and we need another outfield bat if you ask me. And I like Nick Allen's glove, but we can't have a short stop that that that can't get it done to the plate. And ultimately, as you said, it starts with Alex. People are blaming snit, but number one, the players play number two. We still have a lot of holes in this roster that weren't addressed in the offseason.
Speaker 1: Okay, Pensman, what's happening in your town?
Speaker 4: Well, I just want to answer this question. If who's the Steelers QB one's Rudolph. If if Rogers does sign, it will be Rogers. If kirk Cousins does sign that somebody are once so bad, it will probably be kirk Cousins. But right now, at the current roster, it is going to be Mason Rudolph as we speak. So with that, what's happening in my town. Mitch Love is a huge candidate for the Pittsburgh Penguins. DJ Smith is another one. So go through a bunch of interviews, we'll see what happens. We'll see who's gonna be the next coach of the Pittsburgh Penguins. And that's what's happening.
Speaker 5: In my town.
Speaker 3: Okay, So.
Speaker 1: Obviously we've already talked about the Florida Panthers are in the Stanley Cup Finals. That's pretty much the town that I currently live. In town that I'm from, obviously, I talk a lot about it. Wisconsin. The Brewers are like six and a half back of the Cubs. The Cubs are having a really good year. Brewers not so much. Even though they just took they just swept the series against Boston Red Sox, so that was good. But they took two of the games went to extra innings and they took both of them.
Speaker 4: So but.
Speaker 1: I have to do a shout out today. Wisconsin officially became the thirtieth state in the United States on May twenty ninth, eighteen forty, So happy birthday to the State of Wisconsin Operating. It's one hundred and seventy seventh birthday today, and that's what I've got. So I'm gonna quick do my station break, which I didn't do earlier, So let me quick. Scott, who normally does most, who hosts most of our shows on the self Florida Tribune Network, wrote a book, Lessons from the Microphone, Tuning into the Enduring Wisdom of Visionary Leaders. Talks about his forty plus years in the industry and how it has evolved in the industry. The picture of him and a young Muhammad Ali and him and a young Tamula Sorda. It's available on Amazon, Burns and Noble, Kindle, Google, and Apple Books. Go get your coffee today, and then there's also a link on our website www dot South Florida Tribune dot com. If you like to listen to podcasts, you can find us wherever you get your podcasts. The red subscribe what in that lower right hand corner. Honestly, I don't know why you wouldn't have already subscribed to us, But if you see it, then click it because that means you have it, So do it today and go click everybody's YouTube channel that's on here be subscribe to everybody for us. And then if you want to advertise or sponsor a show, you can call Scott nine five four three oh four four nine four one. If you want to be a guests on the show, or if you have topic ideas that you'd like us to discuss on a show, you can always email us at South Florida Tribune at gmail dot com. Well, guys, we're gonna go around the horn. Let everybody know how they can find you as well. My awesome panelists. Tonight, JD will start with you.
Speaker 7: All right, good deal. I gotta I gotta run on out of here.
Speaker 8: I don't I think I'm echoing now a little bit, my bad, but yeah, I'm gonna run on out.
Speaker 7: Y'all follow me at j D Wyatt Zero's on X. You can find me at Southern Sports JD on YouTube.
Speaker 8: Well, welcome any and all conversation, and y'all be blessed, not stressed, and just be kind to one another and.
Speaker 7: Don't complain about sports. Let's have fun with it. Good night, everybody, enjoy your wedding. Thank you, y'all, have a go and be blessed.
Speaker 1: Thanks you too, Samir. How can people find you?
Speaker 5: You can find me on x at atl Underscore Samir twenty four to oh one. I post a lot of comments here and a lot of my articles on there, so that's where you'll be able to find me. In My Instagram page is Samir dot sideline net. That's where I post a lot of clips of my content as well, and.
Speaker 1: Of course they can always find you here on Thursday nights.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 1: Awesome, awesome, Ralph. How can people find you?
Speaker 3: YouTube? Facebook, Twitter, X platform Please follow me on Twitter. I'd like to get the six hundred by July. I'm at three o eight right now. And also don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel, and don't forget on Saturdays nine am the Sports Wrap Show with me, Ralph Williams, Scott Morgan, roth Or Candy Ebling and Leo Haggerty from amp up Sports. We're on YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, X platforms and now on kick as well and soon to be on your wor Cool network. I am going to be getting on the phone with their tech people because we're having some issues trying to get me on the air here, and I'll be on the phone with their tech person tomorrow, so that's coming soon as well. And don't forget my radio shows on Saturday as well, eight am to nine am, the Ralph Williams Tony Moreno Show on twelve fifty am The Answer ninety two point five on the FM dial in Pittsburgh, or if you live across the country or around the world, you can go on twelve fifty the Answer pgh dot com or Google school down radio station's USA to where it says twelve to fifty am the answer, Push the button the arrow and you are on the air to listen to the show as well. Also two pm Sports Corner Radio show this Saturday. We are going to be talking about what can be done in our opinion on what can be done to fix the Steelers, the Penguins and the Pirates, and the pitt Panthers athletics, the football team and the men's basketball team. That's with me, Ralph Williams, Smoking, Jim Fraser, Luthor Depri and the Claudio Rosano. That's it for me. That's how you can get a hold of me. Please subscribe and please follow me on.
Speaker 1: Twitter okay at Pensman. How can people find you?
Speaker 4: You can find me on YouTube at pens with Sports. I have eight hundred and seven subscribers. Help me get to that thousand mark. We're almost there. I want to hit there before football starts because I got a lot of Steelers content coming. You can find me on Twitter on Pensman Sports, you can keep me on discord at Pensman Sports, and you can find me on Twitch at Pensman Sports.
Speaker 1: Seven awesome, awesome show. Guys, Thanks for being here. Thanks for everybody that was in the chat. We appreciate you staying up a little bit later than usual for us. We hope you all have a great week and we'll see you next time.