Speaker 1: This is Uh, it's me on the saxophone.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. Uh.
Speaker 3: Saxophone is one of the most sensual instruments. That's why I play it. I often play a nude.
Speaker 2: Do we need to discuss who gave us the flu? I know you gave me the no, no, the flu first? Your fitness instructor had the flu first?
Speaker 1: No no no?
Speaker 2: Did you miss a Nominami.
Speaker 3: Manami had it four weeks ago?
Speaker 4: Four weeks ago? Okay, yeah, I think you're making that day up.
Speaker 1: No, it might have been at least three. Let me see, I didn't give it to you, Yes you did.
Speaker 2: How did I give it to you?
Speaker 3: You right here coughing Thursday? So Thursday when you you did your first like that, I went, that's exactly what Monami Jones sounded like when she when the last time for she had the flu. And then Friday, it sound like a tuberculosis center in here.
Speaker 1: You're going. Then you weren't covering your mouth, and I said, dude, you're gonna give me the flu.
Speaker 5: You got the flu?
Speaker 1: You gave me the flu?
Speaker 2: Uh? I might have done that.
Speaker 5: This is the same day you all were talking about washing your hands after using the bathroom as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, well, well I made the mistake of it's just the thing, and then driving three hours to Purdue and then you know, you park and Purdue is up north, it's snowing, it's rainy, it's five degrees, and you're running around campus and it made it worse.
Speaker 1: I will tell you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was one day behind you. Yes, okay, I don't know how you went up there. I honestly don't because.
Speaker 2: I had to type the words to you. That's how mine started, I know, and you went. I could hear him do this, John, so listen.
Speaker 1: So I felt good Saturday Sunday morning, I get up, I feel good. I feel great. You know.
Speaker 3: I thought, man, I'm gonna make a I'm gonna make some gumbo and some red beans and rice. So I went down to the Kroger and I got all the ingredients. Does not have a box. I made it from scratch. Okay, it's a lot of it's a lot of work, man, Just making the roo alone. For the gumbo's about the twenty minute job. So I cook it, I get it all done, and I run some over to my sister in law, Kathy, and I come back home and then I started like that, and I started to just feeling just a little bit bad. And this was about two o'clock in the afternoon, and I remember what you texted me. I walked down the stairs and I said, Susan, I may have the flu.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I smoked a lot the night before, so I thought, well, it could just be the cigarettes in my lungs. Yeah, And so I said, I'm going upstairs just in case.
Speaker 1: A man. About five o'clock when that fever hit. Good lord, that was horrible.
Speaker 2: And again having the flu and pneumonia at the same time as a double whammy. We're not all way through it. But since our our employers are slave drivers, and.
Speaker 5: You can say that now the guss is going Right's exactly right.
Speaker 2: The little the passive aggressive. Hey, when you guys come back, Well, you guys done?
Speaker 1: You what's going on here?
Speaker 2: Geez? Taking a while for you guys to get back?
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what's going on here?
Speaker 2: Hey, A text him and ask him about those spots where those spots are. I'm kidding, everybody here has been fantastic.
Speaker 1: Hey. You know what, Wayne Perk, he never missed more than two days.
Speaker 2: From the passive aggressive come on who cares?
Speaker 1: That was Wayne perky Man.
Speaker 2: So this is a no joke. I'm never not going to get the flu shot again. I missed it this year, and I boy, I regret it. Get it because this one's nasty. And by the way, the numbers are in, it's the worst flu season in fifteen years. According to the Center for Disease Control, twenty four million Americans have had the flu, resulting in a three hundred and ten thousand hospitalizations in over thirteen thousand deaths. We almost died last week. And people are texting us to where their commercials are.
Speaker 5: And isn't this also one of the least vaccinated years for the fly? Yes, so it checks out.
Speaker 4: Jaye, wonder what caused that? Yeah, exactly, I'm never not. My teeth hurt right now, Like I don't even know why your face hurt?
Speaker 3: No, because it's killing me. Okay, John, you know what I just said. I said, Hey, Tony, does your face hurt? And he went no, And I went, well, it's killing me. Did you hear that one?
Speaker 1: John?
Speaker 2: That one they predicted this flu season in our poop? Did you know that?
Speaker 5: Did they?
Speaker 2: Now? Yes, the Louisville's poopy bos just did. That's a job.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: City's wastewater is tested at the Metropolitan Sewer districts five water treatment plants around the city. Months ago, they said this is going to be a bad, bad year for the flu. And they're like, how do you know that. We're like, we test your poop before we clean it, so their spite with not just the flu in covid. I did not test for covid flu. Pneumonia is what I was diagnosed with. Same, So that's that's what we're going with. But they do they we have weird jobs. Some people have weird jobs. What do you do? I test people's poop, like who's poop whole city?
Speaker 3: You know who's and what if they start to isolate like little proteins to go, you know who's the worst poop is Miss Anderson, Miss Anderson, here's a sample of hers.
Speaker 1: Look just look look at that.
Speaker 2: The reality of people when poop backs up in your house, John experience.
Speaker 5: Never you know, until just talking about a simple you know, toilet. No, no, we're talking about it from like a from like a floor drain.
Speaker 2: Happen, Okay, it happens happened several houses times at our house Now there is a difference whether there's a street problem or there's a problem with your house, because the question you need to ask as you're cleaning all this up, whose is it? Is this our poop, right, or is this the neighborhood's poop?
Speaker 1: It's the neighborhoods.
Speaker 2: So there is a little comfort to know when you find where the blockage is. Like the guy comes out, if the plumber guy comes out like no, no, no, I was blocked here, and you go, who's our poop? Who's our poop?
Speaker 1: It still doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: No, it's gross, But there's a job somebody, What do you do? I test people's poops? Who's poop? Everybody's I go down on the water treatment and we tested. That's why I knew this is gonna be a bad flu sea.
Speaker 3: I wonder when they found like that, Hey, there's so much flu being tested in this poop. If the guy got excited and goes like hitting the alarm button and shut stuff down, then ran upstairs.
Speaker 2: It's like the beginning of a disaster movies. Yeah, right, and he says, you can't ignore these numbers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he puts he puts the sample right on the CEO of MSD's or a little water. Yeah, the Noble Water Company's desk, goes Henderson. Don't tell me that's not what I.
Speaker 2: Think it is, Jimmy, you're always overreacting to reacting. Damn it. Go back to work.
Speaker 1: We got a fu poop poop, dammit, and then they dismiss it, and then look where we're at the next thing.
Speaker 2: You know, it is the beginning. Tell me it's not the beginning of a disaster. Where the guy's testing the water. He's like, wait a minute, I don't like the way these numbers are coming back.
Speaker 3: John, could you get in touch with somebody in Hollywood.
Speaker 2: Let's do a movie.
Speaker 5: What's the title?
Speaker 2: Flu poop.
Speaker 5: One pooped over the cuckoo's nest. Yeah, one flu flu one flew over the poo poos nest.
Speaker 1: One flew over the poop poo's nest.
Speaker 3: John, that's five dollars out of the bad joke, jar Wow, and dinner for two at Bear Noos.
Speaker 5: I'll take that for you.
Speaker 4: Man, What happened they ignore the poop guy one flew flu over the poop poo's nest.
Speaker 2: Guys, we gotta find this guy. Yeah, because he said it. It was like he was at parties he lived, yes, he you know, he lives in the Could you hear it? When I put it in my mind?
Speaker 1: I need one? Do you want one?
Speaker 2: I got one? Yeah, it's lemon flavored.
Speaker 1: Well you got a touch or the individually right now? The individual were like, okay, then I'll take one later.
Speaker 2: You know, this guy was at a party, he probably lives in the Highlands, and he was telling people, going, this year is going to be terrible. Why why are you saying that I test people's poops, telling you this is gonna be bad. Get the flu shot.
Speaker 1: Hey, don't talk to that guy.
Speaker 5: And they spit up in their drink as he tells him what he does for a living.
Speaker 1: After they shook his hand.
Speaker 5: That's true.
Speaker 1: Hey, what's your name, Ken Henderson? What's yours? Frank Morello? And they start talking, what do you do? Frank? Why would poop ologist study viruses within the poops?
Speaker 2: Wish that was the name of it. Really, I really do.
Speaker 1: Let me check.
Speaker 2: Let me check hang on ology. You misspelled ologists? Back up? Okay, yeah, oh.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is what it's called.
Speaker 2: Verripologists. Good thank you for confirming that.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: Gen X dance parties are starting to sweep the nation. I couldn't be more happier about this. This is something that I've been wanting to happen for a while. Not the dance party, but the concept.
Speaker 1: In Chicago, Laura.
Speaker 2: Just go with it.
Speaker 3: Baginski and Susan Lee, both forty nine, founded the Early Birds Club dance party. It's Taylor for women and men that are in their fifties and sixties.
Speaker 2: Early Bird, I'm assuming starts at like five or six.
Speaker 3: Yes, the dance party start at six pm. They cling us down at ten pm Bingo. It does encourage attendees to dress in vintage styles, which I do every day anyway. The concept is rapidly gained popularity. It's expanding the cities like Boston, Los Angeles. Internationally, They're already doing this in Dubai and Mumbai.
Speaker 1: I'm all for that.
Speaker 3: I remember we went to Barry Maniloe because you know what, I am unapologetically a fan of Low. I love Barry Maniloe. But my wife and sister in law and brother in law we went and I'm walking into the Young Center and John Keeling grabs me our friend from Caribou, and he goes, hey, you're in for a good night. I said, what do you mean he goes off by nine? I went, you mean Manelo goes on right at now and he goes, oh no, no, no, there's no opening act and he's off by nine.
Speaker 1: You would have thought it was a kid on Christmas morning. A little bit I did. It was a boy. Quarter after seven.
Speaker 3: He comes on, good to tick chat thanky, sixteen of the songs and the next thing, you know, was more like this.
Speaker 1: His face with pil broke and he could burly talk. Yeah, nine o'clockie shirt, good night. No, oh, you're.
Speaker 2: Uh wonderful. Contrast this dance party, John to your generation, where I walked in and there was a there was this governor scholar thing my son had done, and they all the kids met in this whatever area to do a dance party. I was say, well, that's great, that's a throwback to what we used to do. Well. The difference is they had everybody had headphones.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I was a silent disco.
Speaker 1: I've seen these.
Speaker 2: Everybody had headphones and you would click it to the three different colors and that was three different songs that were playing at that time. And basically there was an entire room of kids dancing to silence because they had their headphones on, and they would go over and go, oh, you're blue, I'm a blue too, and they would dance together and I'm a red, I'm a red two. I think I sat there. My heart sank, of.
Speaker 5: Course, and they probably looked like they were in a cult.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was the most awkward. I said, you all are weirdos.
Speaker 1: You kids say that.
Speaker 5: I said, nah, you're all of you.
Speaker 2: Take your headphones off. I'm a chaperone, and you're a weirdo.
Speaker 1: Did you like?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Like when Jesus went in the temple and turned the tables over, that's exactly what you should went straight up to the DJ and knock that table.
Speaker 2: Over through dead.
Speaker 5: So, no, this is weird because what happens is then the DJ eventually sinks up. This isn't what really happens, but this is what the the horror story would be. The DJ would eventually sink up. All their headphones, they all turn one color. Then they turn into a bunch of little robots. Yes right, yes, it's weird, and they all it's weird.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 3: Charlie Brown, like the Peanuts specialist. When they all get to dancing. That's what they all look like too.
Speaker 2: Let these kids be that. No, I won't because it's weird. It's dancing in silence. All as you hear is like clothes rustling, and it's like, well, what blue? They're pointing at their ears. I'm a blue, you're blue.
Speaker 5: Oh there's a tuberculosis hospital in that studio.
Speaker 1: It will be great, though. It would be great because people wouldn't want to come up and talk to you. You know what I mean, because you got headphones on.
Speaker 2: No now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now now.
Speaker 2: What now at this age?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, right, and they got my headphones on and I don't want to talk Somewhere it was horrible Phoenix Hill Tavern. You'd be down in the saloon.
Speaker 3: And Jefferson Tartpus would be playing full on and eleven. Ah wow, somebody would come up and want to talk to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well I was a jerk, so I would just tap them on the shoulder and walk away.
Speaker 1: Well I know that was me.
Speaker 2: You did that too, several times, several times. Who do we have Tony?
Speaker 5: Yeah, either one Tony's or Allen Tony Tony's breaking alignment around election.
Speaker 2: So Tony Electric six three six, help is the number. Give a call if you need a residential electrician. Plus they are They went up to generac generators in Indiana, took the whole team up there. They are certified generak generators installers and they work on them too. You want to go with the electrician, the residential electrician that knows the best on these ins and outs of the best generator you can get, which is Generat generators powers your entire house off natural gas loss. If you need any anti residential electrician work, sometimes it's same day because they are concentrated just on houses on residential So give them a call. Sixty three to six Help is the number.
Speaker 1: Your voice sounded solky smooth on that. Thank you.
Speaker 2: What's your secret? This little launch?
Speaker 1: Wait for the mic.
Speaker 3: Go Tony's Breaking Alignment, Baby, Finally listen a place that you could trust. Trust when it comes to maintenance and prevent a maintenance on your vehicle. God, in the days we have to worry about getting ripped off, not with Tony's Breaking Alignment. Family owned and operated, and that's important because they put pride in their work. They put pride in that name so much to the point that they've hired the best technicians and the best diagnostic equipment, and they back it up with not just a warranty. Listen to this three thirty six thousand mile warranty. And that's on every single job they do. Folks, put your mind at rest. Go with Louis's best and that's my friends Tony's breaking alignment. Stick around really in the Year's Next News Radio eight forty w h as Little Jenus.
Speaker 5: Is there also nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 1: The other night we went down to Phil Collins rabbit hole in the uh hot well. Wasn't last week, it was the week before. Obviously I missed my son cover, but we went. We were living the hot tub listening to Phil Collins went and man, I got I forgot how many hits this guy had between And that would be a great This would be a great radio contest.
Speaker 3: You ready, yeah, Genesis or Phil Collins? Like play a song and you had a name? Is this Genesis for Phil Collins?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Because we had a difficult time.
Speaker 2: We were uh and we're still sick. We're just here, yeah, because our company is like, dude, you can't take it another day off. I'm kennying, I'm Kenny. We're here by our choice. But I will say, but what we come back.
Speaker 3: We could come back one day like this today, reset the clock. Yeah, and then go back out on a sick day.
Speaker 2: Sounds good. We're miserable, by the way, both of us are sitting here, where both of us a sitting here going yeah, of course we'll be back. I will say, Johnny, we get Uh, I got it. That guy was so sick. I was getting emotional like commercials and stuff like, I was crying and I was like, why am I crying? And then I was watching I started Outlander again, which is a Scottish love story of a couple that travels through time. Oh my god, I couldn't change the channel because I was crying. I was sitting there just crying miserably. They go through the stones and they go back to intent and they're in a love story Scottish and Irish and uh. And it's just But there were several things that gave you comfort. Ice Cream was good.
Speaker 1: Why that would have had like that? It would give me like more phlegm.
Speaker 2: For some reason? Ice cream big well and the old standby will tell you this. Lots of pasta, chicken noodle soup. Oh so you like medicine.
Speaker 1: So this is a true story.
Speaker 3: I told you Sunday morning, I got up and felt fine, so I said, you know what, I'm making homemade gumbo from scratch and red beans and rice.
Speaker 2: That was last week, yeah, last week, yesterday?
Speaker 3: No, So Sunday I made. And when I cook Cajun, I cooked for an army.
Speaker 2: Well I know, I mean off days longer than that.
Speaker 3: So luckily or unluckily, when I got the flu that afternoon, I ate. All Susan would do is like put a better rice, pour some gum bowl in it, and put it in a container and leave it the side of my door and then text me and say, hey, it's here. So every single meal I had gumbo or red beans and rice, every single meal.
Speaker 2: And here's the thing. If you ate, like I've lost so many pounds, I can't. I can't tell you nothing fits, Johnny, what is your comfort when you're sick? Food?
Speaker 1: So I don't.
Speaker 5: I try not to again, as most people don't like to eat a lot when I'm sick, But I like saltine crackers just yeah, they're very light too. And give me any sort of gatorade.
Speaker 2: Whatever orange or the yellow gatorade.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 2: I mean I did a.
Speaker 1: They have They have flavors like arctic blue. All right, what the hell flavors? It's blue flavor Glacier freeze.
Speaker 3: Hey, uh, how do you describe what glacier freeze taste?
Speaker 5: I think it's blue raspberry, but I don't know where they came up with the name glacier.
Speaker 2: What is your comfort What is your comfort food when you're that sick again? I didn't eat much, but crackers is one of my things.
Speaker 1: Luckily is gumballs. It's like lucky but I couldn't eat man, but.
Speaker 2: I will tell you Johnny he would text me like he would just throw out, this is what I'm feeling, and it was exactly like online what I was. And I was like, we got it at the same time. Maybe I gave it to him, you gave it to me, Abe, I did. No.
Speaker 1: I know you.
Speaker 2: I've done too much stuff I was. I've been out too many people. I just I got to stay home.
Speaker 5: I'm just glad that. I mean, I know I'm not around you all as much as I am other people in this company, but I'm just glad I haven't gotten it.
Speaker 2: No, you just did yours ago, did I not say it. What did I say? I said, I can't believe none of us has gotten the flu.
Speaker 1: You know what's weird. You know what's weird though, is John every day I was going through Facebook memories, remember happier times when I didn't have the flu. But I found two different weeks throughout the years last week where I had the flu. So it seems like it's just time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this exact time.
Speaker 3: This was the third time in the past five years I've had the flu on that week.
Speaker 2: And here's the thing. On that week, I got like twelve things to do at night. There's like a Saint Matthew City Council thing, There's a Policeman's ball or something. There's the Blessings backpack. I'm like, who plans something in February? Like, who says, Oh, I think mid February is a great time to have an event. What just when everyone is sick.
Speaker 3: My friend Tammy just went on the Classic Rock Cruise. Yeah, and that's one of the reasons I've never tried to go on this Classic rock.
Speaker 2: Cruise and then they get sick.
Speaker 1: Well, it's because it's in February.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I'm scared to death on our anniversary trip in Chicago in December, and then Sammy's in October.
Speaker 1: Let alone February when everybody's got the floor.
Speaker 2: But again, if you feel bad at all, if it's the tecle, stay home because you're gonna get your buddy sick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, stay home next time, dumb ass. It's certainly cover your mouth when you cough.
Speaker 5: The day before, you guys, it was the Friday, the day was out. I was filling in and you guys were fake.
Speaker 2: Coughing on the mic. No, he was coughing.
Speaker 1: He was real coughing. That That's why I was pissed off. And it wasn't you guys. It was me going, hey, dude. But so that was Friday.
Speaker 2: Man, let me tell you.
Speaker 3: Thursday when we walked to the Thursday when we got off the air, we were walking to the parking garage, and throughout that show, every once in a while he go, and when we're walking out, he did it again. I said, you know, that's exactly how Monami Jones, my trainer, sounded.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the day before, two days before she got the flu. And then Friday does it.
Speaker 2: Started out with the dry right, like it's a dry cough, and you go oh, that sounds like whooping, like a whooping cough, and you're like, okay, that's not normal. But then the pneumonia set in and the flu, so then you go, okay, that's it. But at fifty I turned fifty six on the twenty fourth, So I'm fifty six years old.
Speaker 1: You're cross what fifty six?
Speaker 2: Gross, you're fifty seven? Not you're fifty seven.
Speaker 1: Years old, forty eight years old?
Speaker 2: You are fifty seven?
Speaker 1: Let me verify that.
Speaker 2: Hang on, how old does that sound? John?
Speaker 5: How old does he sound?
Speaker 2: How old do we sound at fifty six and fifty seven? As a twenty something year old?
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm a twenty I'm thirty years younger than both of you. Only seven gonna be twenty eight.
Speaker 1: In augustn't gonna be twenty eight?
Speaker 5: What are you doing a twenty eight?
Speaker 1: Twenty eight dwight twenty eight? I was trying to break into radio.
Speaker 5: Okay, see I gonna call this breaking in, but I guess I'm I've done.
Speaker 2: Part of that. I was in my twenty eight I was in my fifth year of drive time.
Speaker 5: You're here, yeah, yeah, look at that me and Vanetic? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Come on, wait a minute, I already was in radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were dummy.
Speaker 1: I can't think straight.
Speaker 2: No, I still can't.
Speaker 1: You look you look pretty good though night, so do you.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't have guessed fifth. I would have guessed early fifties, late forties.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Even though people compare you to seventy seven year old Sammy Hagar.
Speaker 3: True, people say hey, you look like Sammy. Hey, well, thanks for saying I look like a seventy seven year old man.
Speaker 2: I got an event tonight. I don't know if I should go, don't go, or you well do you think I'm still?
Speaker 1: Oh, you're not contageous, but.
Speaker 2: I shouldn't go.
Speaker 5: Here's the thing. If you go, everyone's going to ask her you're still sick?
Speaker 1: Sounded like what you are you MC? Are you just going?
Speaker 2: No, it's our old priest that became an archbishop and he's going to be there. We haven't seen him in years. I kind of want to see him. It's a Catholic people's thing.
Speaker 5: It's a who's who it is?
Speaker 2: It is? So I'm like, I got the text this morning because I didn't even know. But then Julie, you know, from the Catholic People's Unit, said hey, Sparin, how you feeling coming tonight. There's a Catholic peoples of them coming tonight, coming tonight.
Speaker 3: Is there any time when the Catholic people's society does not get together?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, If there's alcohol and fish, fishy, that's not I hadn't sorry yet.
Speaker 1: No, that's after Tuesday, that's soon. So ash Wednesday, So ash Wednesday.
Speaker 2: I've taken off ash Wednesday because there's event. There's a huge Catholic party, one hundred bucks a ticket. It's food, booze, debauchery, all that stuff, all for Jesus.
Speaker 5: Debauchery for Jesus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thebauchery for Jesus. And then we do the run, we do the six weeks.
Speaker 1: Will there be any chance be a cake raffle?
Speaker 2: Oh? Are you kidding? That's how we start the night. A cake raffle, cake walk, fish fry, booze and gambling. It's all for Catholics. Huh makes you feel warm inside, doesn't it? Unlimited landscape when you're sitting in your pool. Can you imagine sitting in a pool right now? Look outside and go thisweather sucks, it does it sucks, And you can dream of a pool in your backyard with unlimited Landscapes. Steve Butler is the owner of said Unlimited Landscapes. I've known himself as fifteen. He's an awesome dude. He's a great dad, raised his kids. He's been doing this for thirty years, pull in stall for twenty. There's only one person to trust in pulling installation. This guy's got the architects and designers and goes. I don't know if I can get a pool back here. Bet we can. Let's work on it and start it now. Unlimited Landscapes dot Com is a great way to start. They're in Middletown, been around for thirty years. Known the owner since I was fifteen. You can trust him. Trust me. If you had an issue, you call me. We'll make sure it's fixed. I promise. Unlimited Landscapes get a pool in the backyard this summer. Start it now. Back after this on news Radio eight forty WHS