Speaker 1: I made a decision pace sunny sound on. I had a vision. It's nice.
Speaker 2: Hey, everybody, welcome to for crying out loud. We are starting really late on a Tuesday. Stephanie fucked up.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I fucked up so bad. I'm totally kidding. No, I really did.
Speaker 3: I really fucked up. So a lot of people don't understand how this works. But you need a little a little micro SD card to put into the roadcaster to record us. I have to pack a little bag now because I'm a little producer Klein. So I got my little bag with my headphones and my all the ads and my SD cards. So I did not put the SD cards in the bag. And I'm super careful because I have a John made me a list of all all the things, like the code for the door and this and I and what I can look for when I go to record. And I had all that, I went through it, and then I had left the house without the SD cards. So then Lynette insta carded them got here pretty quickly. I got a clue so that we could hide one here in studio in case it happened by in case it happened again.
Speaker 1: And then Stephanie won.
Speaker 3: Well, so then I'd go to put the card in and it's not working, and of course I think it's me because I'm like, well, I.
Speaker 1: Just don't know how to do anything.
Speaker 3: And then I have to call John, and John tries to walk me through it. And then because Lynette was such a smart person and said we're going to get it back up, then John was like, why don't you try the other card.
Speaker 1: So we tried the other card and it works fine, and here we are, and here we are. Did I tell you that?
Speaker 3: The little little funny thing was when so I went out to go get water and meet the Instacart person. So as I walk out down the driveway, a truck pulls up with a woman behind the wheel. So I'm like, okay, there it is a waiting for her to get out. She's not getting out, but she's kind of looking at me, uh huh. And I'm looking at her and she's looking at me, and I'm like, hey, bitch, get out of the cars and give me the thing. And then I make a gesture to her like like yeah yeah, and.
Speaker 1: She's just looking.
Speaker 3: Then another person pulls up. Chances we're on a little side street. What are the chances two women in cars pull up at the same time, then another woman pulls up. She's looking at me, I'm looking at her, and then I'm looking at the one across the street. And then she gets out of the car and I'm like, oh, wait, are you insta cart?
Speaker 1: And she goes yeah, and I'm like, oh, who is that? And then I told her, I go, I thought that was you.
Speaker 3: Guys came like almost at the same time, and we had a little laugh about that.
Speaker 1: We're laughing about that.
Speaker 2: But at least we had a long time to chick chat get caught up on stuff that we don't want to talk about on air.
Speaker 1: Yep. So that was nice.
Speaker 3: We were talking about, to be honest, like how agreeable we both are.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I.
Speaker 3: Was feeling grateful for Lynette and just telling her, Like every week for many years now we've been doing this podcast, Lynette and I have never had a thing.
Speaker 1: We've never gotten really testy with each other.
Speaker 3: I mean, we told you that story from like right when we'd known each other only a few months.
Speaker 1: But wet we're always like we're both like, oh, you.
Speaker 3: Want to record it this time, or you can't record this day Okay, cool, cool, when do you want to do it right?
Speaker 1: We're very agreeable.
Speaker 2: And then we were talking about I remember so many times we would come into the studio and you could just see it on the other person's face like I'm so like, I got nothing to I don't know, I'm not in the mood. And then it's like but then you just turn the microphones on. You just got to turn it around, you know. And it's funny because she started talking about that. I made a note to talk about Stephanie about how much I appreciate like our friendship has changed in a good way. And you know, I was telling it was basically thinking about it the other day, like, you know, when we were younger and we were doing the show we had, the kids were young and we were busy with them. But now, especially with me, everybody's gone and you think to yourself, like, who are the people that are important?
Speaker 1: She's only just a handful.
Speaker 2: And it's like Stephanie and I've gotten like I text her sometimes. We text each other a lot here and there about things going on in our lives, you know, which is something we didn't do when we were younger because we were busy and you know, everything was a big Kasha, but now it's like I appreciate her so much because she's a good friend in my life that I feel like, when there's anything going on, I can't I reach out to her.
Speaker 1: You know, we.
Speaker 3: People think about each other when we're not to like if something going on, and we both follow up.
Speaker 1: With each other, Hey, what happened with Zax?
Speaker 3: Whereas I think we used to be like, well, we're going to be together for three hours every week, so we don't want to like write I'll tell you the thing when I see you, yes, But now.
Speaker 1: Sometimes there's stuff like with Phil or like yeah, I'm thinking about that stuff.
Speaker 2: Stephanie is very good about following up with stuff, asking me how things are going.
Speaker 3: Are you the same, Yeah, like you were. You were really wanting to know about Elbie's job. So last week when we were here, she had a job interview, and then you texted me right after You're like, so, what happened, And I said, well, I told you she she got an interview for the next day.
Speaker 1: But so then the next day you were like, what happened?
Speaker 3: Okay, So Elbie went in the next the following day, so she had an interview. She said, it went really great that day one. But she said, they said, okay, you're going to come back tomorrow and meet the hiring manager. Okay, So that was like twenty four hours later. So she went back. So of course, I'm like, on pins and needles. Is this bitch going to be less financially dependent on me?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 3: And then she's like, oh my god, mom. She goes, Okay, so I met this other guy, but it turns out that the hiring manager there was a fire in Santa Clarita and he had to leave like before my interview. Oh, she goes, So I interviewed with another guy. But then that guy was like, I'm so sorry, but you still have to meet this other guy, so come back tomorrow, she goes, But that interview was more like a real interview where he asked me like a ton of questions. He like so many questions about my previous job and my responsibilities and like and others, like tons of stuff. She goes, So I don't know what would be left for like to tell, right, right, So then she went back, Oh, so then that guy was like, Okay, I'm going to text you when I know when the hiring guy is in like a couple days or maybe like the next day. So then she went back again and she got the job. They told her right then they're like, okay, well be right back. I got to talk to the other guy. And then he came back and he's like, okay, you're hired.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: And today it's her first day work. Really orientation, so did she Is she there?
Speaker 1: Now? She is there right now? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Awesome, because we're recording. It's two thirty, even though we meant to start recording at one. Oh my god, it's two thirty. But yeah, she started at two o'clock. She had an orientation. That's great. She's gonna do so great. Oh yeah, I'm just so happy that she's got something. So now she has something for the rest of the summer.
Speaker 2: Is she is it an everyday thing or a couple of days? I think it will be several days a week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, yeah, I'm so. And she's really excited, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bet I think she's gonna she does need it.
Speaker 1: It's so good for them.
Speaker 2: Then they meet other people at work and they you know, it's just it's good that they have to have something to do throughout the summer.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also, restaurants are so great. Socially, they're not great when you've been doing it ten years and you're twenty eight, you're like, am I ever going to have a real job? Like I don't give a fuck about hanging out with these people anymore. But when you're young, oh my god, it's like the best social life, like you.
Speaker 1: I mean, I lived for that in.
Speaker 3: My twenties, like early twenties, like or late teens, and the everybody from work does poke together. Yeah no, I'm just kidding, but like kind of serious. Yeah, but like you know, back in.
Speaker 2: The eighties nineties go out together. Everybody allow out.
Speaker 3: You go out and you drink after work together, you like, go to parties.
Speaker 1: At each other's you know. Yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 2: And Natalia has been She hasn't done anything like after work, but she does spend a lot of time with the other pas at work, and then she likes them.
Speaker 1: They gets it.
Speaker 2: She's like, oh my god, this guy's so funny and this guy, this girl's great. Like she she's loving it there. She loves working. I wish she had more hours, but it's okay.
Speaker 1: Twice a week.
Speaker 3: Still still twice a week, didn't you tell me last week they were going to bump her up.
Speaker 1: A day there?
Speaker 2: There she asked about it. So there, we'll see. It's the thing is is that it's summer hours now because Jimmy's gone, right, but they're still doing the show. They still have all these guest hosts. Uh, diego Luna was one from Narco's and Star Wars was, and then Anthony Anderson was last week. I don't know it was this week, but yeah, so I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this.
Speaker 3: This is a slight side note, but I'll forget because my brain. Yeah, Anthony Anderson, Yeah, that guy was accused multiple times of like sexual assault, rape allegations and is like nobody ever talks about like it's just like, yeah, Anthony Anderson, he's so talented.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how did that not stick?
Speaker 3: It? Did it?
Speaker 1: I remember I remember hearing something about that. What happened? Do we know what that story was?
Speaker 3: They just went away, It just went I mean it was pretty big.
Speaker 1: I mean it was crazy. And is he working full time still? Cayleen was here. I know, I can look it up.
Speaker 3: But because he was in tons of stuff, he's like super respected.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he always covers for Jimmy during this during during uh, when Jimmy's gone, He's done it a lot.
Speaker 3: Anthony Anderson allegations allegations Reddit Okay, this says I'm disappointed to learn he's been accused three times of sexual assault rape allegations three times. Yeah, he's been accused by multiple women of rape, going all the way back to two thousand and four. This is a thing on Anthony Anderson, but for some reason, everyone in Hollywood gives him a pass and keeps hiring him. Nowadays, people get canceled for old tweet. So why does Anthony get away with raping several women? Is he that well liked? That's weird?
Speaker 1: But is he working though? I mean he's guest hosting, but it works all the time.
Speaker 3: He was on Blackish, Yeah, but that show's gone, right, Yeah, but this happened before that.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, you must.
Speaker 3: Have this person's like, yeah, I've never even heard of the allegations. They were they were pretty serious, but anyway.
Speaker 2: Or maybe he settled it out of court, maybe he was proven wrong. I don't know who knows, but I do know Diego Luna was really great on Jimmy Kimmel.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm in my living room, just like, excuse me, I'm just going down a rabbit hole reading about Anthony Andrews. Yeah, I'm sure. So it's so it's fun for her. Yes, she's alone with the guest hosts.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, and Sonny is uh still looking for jobs, walking into places asking if they're hiring.
Speaker 1: But you know, I got to keep on. I'm like, keep going, you know. Apply.
Speaker 3: It's hard to even get a crappy job right now. Like, for instance, Xander would would love to work at Menche's.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good. That's a good place.
Speaker 3: Elbe has a friend that works there. So she texted the friend and the friends like, dude, they're not hiring.
Speaker 2: Yes see, I know there's a lot of places that are not hiring. I guess you got to get in on it early, especially in our town with all the kids coming home for the summer. You know, Sonny Natalia had a big argument the other night. Oh no, yeah, they well, Natalia, you know, her room is right next to Sonny's room. My room is next to Natalia's, but there's a closet in between, and I keep the closet door closed so I can hear muffling, But for Sunny, he hears everything. And she just comes home sometimes like with all of her friends and a couple guys sometimes, and you.
Speaker 1: Know, I don't I don't hear the guys.
Speaker 2: But Sonny's like, there's dudes in our house, you know, and it's late at night or what's going on?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: So there I go in there and I go I walked in. I was like, what's going on? Who are you guys? And then she introduces me and I'm like, are you guys leaving soon?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: It's like one o'clock. Yeah, and yeah, we're oh, yes, we're going. We're leaving soon.
Speaker 1: We're leaving. So where were they? Were? They in her room?
Speaker 2: They were in her room with a bunch with like four girls and a couple guys. Okay, you know, and she's like, I went to he was my seat partner in high school, you know, or whatever. She introduced me to one of their Like yeah, so what is that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I'm like, okay, it's like, oh, never mind that right, Oh do you want to go sleep in the guest room?
Speaker 1: Here's a pillow? Like what so what?
Speaker 2: But you know, she's trying to tell me they're not at Randos whatever. But you know, then like nothing, they don't leave, they don't leave, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Want to go to sleep. And then Sonny like I can hear everything.
Speaker 2: And and then there's this one friend of Natalia's that I've talked about on Patreon that's just super annoying and super like uh dumb lack.
Speaker 1: Of a better word.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's like, op trying to open the front door, and Sonny's like, who is it. She's like, oh, trying to open it, open it, like with the handle on. Sonny's going, who is it? Who is it? She's not answering, And finally she's like it's Rita and he's like, oh.
Speaker 1: My god, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: You know he's he's you know, he's like her dumb friends come over and blah blah. So I get it, you know. So anyway, they got in a big argument and she apologized. They left. Finally they left, but you know, they were fighting like the next day and what they were trying to talk it out basically, but Sonny when he gets mad, he never rarely gets mad, but when he gets mad, he gets pissed. And he was like they were going at it. But then they cleared the air and now there okay. So uh and I told her, I said, I don't want that happening again, that that's unacceptable.
Speaker 3: So she agreed. So Sadie and Xander got in like a little struggle. This is the thing about their two personalities. It's probably a very similar. It seems similar in some ways. Xander is more like a sonny and Sadie is more like Natalia uh huh, but also different, right, but like Sadie gets annoyed quicker, you know, but also Xander tries her patience a little bit because you know, he's more laid back, so he's like, oh hey oh. And then so Sadie is the one with a license, so it's also different because you know, Xander's basically a passenger princess yet always expecting Sadie. Now because Sadie has been pretty good about like taking places, but now it's almost like she's mom. He's like, h Sadie, could you bring me to like blah blah blah, could you bring me to like band rehearsal?
Speaker 1: Could you bring me here? And now he's just like, oh, you're going to a party, could you swing by him? Pick me up? So she went and picked him up. Then she got really mad.
Speaker 2: That's really sweet that she drives him everywhere and picked him up.
Speaker 3: But she was supposed to be going to a party and he so she was going to pick him up and then take him to this party, and he was like, I need to go home and bring my equipment home first, so he doesn't have She's the one who's been driving.
Speaker 1: For a year. Uh huh.
Speaker 3: He has no sense really of how far things are from each other, and now she does.
Speaker 1: Yes, when they start driving, right now, she.
Speaker 3: Understands, like, dude, it's across freaking tell like, no, I don't want to go all the way back home and then bring you back.
Speaker 1: And she told me later she's like, he just insisted.
Speaker 3: He was just like I can't, like I have to right, right, So she goes, what was I supposed to do? I said, just tell him no, tell him to leave his stuff in the trunk of the car. Yeah, she was like, mom, I tried, but he like really freaked out and was like no, then just take me home.
Speaker 1: Oh, And she doesn't want to say no. She just felt bad.
Speaker 3: So she's like, yeah, right, but by the time I take you home, then you might as well just drop off your stuff and then.
Speaker 1: Come to the party. Yeah, because then she feels bad. Yes, is Xander? He doesn't want to get his license. He doesn't need it, but he doesn't need it.
Speaker 3: Also, I think that he does, but he wants it to be easy. I don't think that he wants to go through driving lessons and like he just but he thinks he's going to magically turn eighteen and then just go get his license.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, No, you still have to get a permit, right, So you still have to get a permit.
Speaker 2: No that I guess you have to get a permit, but you don't have to do the driving school thing right or something like that, right, But you.
Speaker 3: Have to get a permit to practice. I don't understand how can you practice driving if you don't have a permit or a license.
Speaker 1: Well, that's why you got to get the permit.
Speaker 3: Right, So even if you're over eighteen, I think you still have to have a permit for six months before you get your license, right, I think that's just go get a driver's license.
Speaker 1: I think. So we could have asked Kylin, but he's not here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he still has to get a permit and then I sent him a link to the DMV to set up an account. And then of course now I'm like, did you ever set up did you set up the account? And he's like, no, I'm totally gonna do that, and then he hasn't.
Speaker 1: Right well, you know, his kids. But it's funny.
Speaker 2: It's just funny how different they are Sonny in Italia, and you know now that they're home for the summer and they're like right next to each other, and they've been getting along. They've been going to parties together and hanging out like shit. They went for hikes together and you know, she'll like I hear like, knock it on sunny he can do, and you know, they talk.
Speaker 1: But then this fight happened over.
Speaker 2: The weekend and they they worked it out, you know, which was great. But I told her, regardless of what Sonny thing, I don't want these I know they're not random to you because you know them, but they're random to me. I don't like guys coming over here late at night, you know. So she understood. She was like, Okay, I get it, because she's so used to being in Santa Barbara and hanging and doing her thing like this is not Santa Barbara.
Speaker 3: Right, why does she go back August twenty second? Okay, yeah, so she's got a while, Like she's got a while. And then I also wanted to talk about her. She wants to move out of where she is.
Speaker 1: Oh well, let's do it out.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about I'm going to tell you about Thrive Market.
Speaker 1: So this is really cool.
Speaker 3: This is a they deliver groceries to your door and they have really good stuff like low sugar snacks and organic grille, nighte staples. They basically take the guests work out of healthy shopping. They sent me a big box and it had so much yummy stuff. They had this like granola, this natural granola that was actually so delicious. They send you like condiments, little things you might not think of.
Speaker 1: Pasta sounds so good. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It is my go to now for summer grocery runs without the store run or the markup.
Speaker 1: And I just like it.
Speaker 3: Because it's just easy and you can find all the things that your family needs like in one place.
Speaker 1: Nice. You know, you loll on our.
Speaker 3: Website and stock up. So here's what you're gonna want to do. Go to Thrive market dot com slash fcl to get thirty percent off your first order, plus a free sixty dollars gift just for signing up. That's Thrive Market dot com slash fcol Thrive Market dot com slash fcol.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about Hers, by the way, So we you know, weight loss medications are everywhere right now, and everyone's talking about them, everyone's on them, but have you seen the price tag on them? It's hard to believe they're actually accessible. And that's where Hers comes in. Hers is transforming women's healthcare by providing access to affordable weight loss treatment plans. They can connect you with a medical provider who will work with you to determine the best treatment option for you.
Speaker 1: This is really cool.
Speaker 2: They if prescribed, you get the medication as part of a doctor developed weight loss program, complete with ongoing care check ins, dosage and medication adjustments, and twenty four to seven online support at no additional cost, no hidden fees, and no membership fees.
Speaker 3: Which and get this, the oral medications start at just sixty nine dollars a month.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, So start your free online visit today at four Hers dot com slash crying. That's f O r h e Ers dot com slash crying for your personalized weight loss treatment. Option for hers dot com slash Crying weight Loss by Hers is not available everywhere. Compounded products are not approved or reviewed by reviewed for safety, effectiveness, or quality by the FDA. Prescription required. See website for details important safety information and restrictions. Actual price depends on product and plan purchased.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so you were going to say about her wanting to move out.
Speaker 2: So okay, so I was gonna this is kind of new to me. But so she had one, two, three, four roommates in her and she loved where she was living. But now three of the roommates are gone.
Speaker 1: Oh they were they wait they were seniors.
Speaker 2: No, well, one transferred to San Diego, another one is going abroad, and I think the other one, yes, I don't know what the other idea she wasn't really friends with, like she was friends with her, but I of her friend group anyway. Yeah, so now she's kind of stuck with the one roommate that she doesn't really get along with that's really mean to everybody. Oh and she lashes out blah blah blah. Now she's found this other place with other people that she wants to move into. But now she's got to get out of this lease. So I don't know. She's trying.
Speaker 3: She's advertising about it like they do and on these places where they're looking for roommates. But she's got this dilemma now, so I don't know. You know, I said, you can't get out of your lease until you find somebody else. So she's got to find somebody else.
Speaker 2: So if anybody's looking for a place for their student in Santa Barbara, this is a great safety.
Speaker 1: It's got a great building. But is the mean girl going to come with the apartment? Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so bring other roommates.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's other spots.
Speaker 2: Now she's she's because she has a history with Natalia, So it's not like she was new and she met her. She's known her before going in got it, So there's a history. She's not with the other girls she was okay, Like it was just the ones that like the Italian, the other one that they've had a history with, so got it anyway. But it's a great building, it's very secure. It's on the fourth floor.
Speaker 1: So she needs to replace all the girls that left her.
Speaker 2: Now they all have to replace themselves, but she has to replace if she wants.
Speaker 1: To leave, she has to replace herself. Yes, got it? Yeah, okay, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm having apartment woes as well because LB has an apartment, but she has no stuff, and she's not really telling me what she's gonna need.
Speaker 1: So I'm very concerned.
Speaker 3: That, like, right before she moves in, I'm gonna have to buy her a bed and a light stand and all kinds of.
Speaker 1: Stuff because the other place had that, right, Yes.
Speaker 3: Because the other place was a university apartment even though it was off campus. Now she's just moving into a private apartment. Oh my gosh, and it's not for two bedroom. Four girls moving into a two bedroom. Well, here's the thing. It's all students. They rent it to only students, So the students that were there before might not want their stuff. They might be willing to sell it. But she doesn't have the information for the people who are so she's got to get that. Yeah, I don't. So I don't know if she's moving into a completely empty apartment.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean you could look up the building maybe and see what they have, if it's furnished or not. Or if you're saying that they had a bed and they're leaving, they're going to sell the bed to her.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm hoping and then like all you have to do is buy sheets, you know what I mean, and then keep paying it forward. Yeah, until someone's like, I'm bringing my bed. Then you go all right, I guess then you get.
Speaker 1: Rid of it. I don't know, I don't know how it works.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want to be furnishing an apartment that she's going to live in for nine months.
Speaker 1: Right, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: There's got to be programs or something where they rent, you can rent furniture.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Right, well, there's Facebook marketplace, there's probably stuff in the building where people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I know. Also, like I don't want to be putting a bed together for her or having you know, that's what I did.
Speaker 1: I had to. You know.
Speaker 2: Luckily, her friend's dads were there the same day, so they were all their tools, so they helped us.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: It was really great and we all got pizza and put shit to iikia stuff together and made a whole day.
Speaker 1: Out of it.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, So maybe I'll do that with the other girl who's her roommate.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, now you just brought something up.
Speaker 2: Now I got to move all that shit from her room someplace else. Oh yeah, she's on the fourth floor too. Oh no, yeah, everything costs money too.
Speaker 3: It's just like all the new you know, I don't know, Xander wants to take this class and do this thing, and it's like aka jing and none of these kids.
Speaker 1: Are working right now. Yeah, well albe is, but like y, today's our first day.
Speaker 3: So like you know, and she's not going to be making a bunch of money postessing for a few, you know, a few times a week until the end of summer.
Speaker 1: It's not like I'm going to be when she got your own bed.
Speaker 3: Yeah when she she doesn't go back until like middle of September.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, she got time then, she So you have time, guys, both have time.
Speaker 1: And I'm trying not to worry about it right now.
Speaker 2: So what you want to talk about the gig?
Speaker 3: Yes, So it was so super fun. And again, this girl who listens to the show is the reason she sent me her husband book stuff at her name's Rachel Feuerberg and her husband Adam does something with the place. Anyway, So last week I told you that I texted the guy or I emailed the guy, and then he got back to me, and then they got the gig.
Speaker 1: And then it was so cool because when we.
Speaker 3: Walked into the place, Oh my god, I have a funny thing to say too. So we walk in the place and it's like, I know, all these kids were like, holy shit, like this professional. Yeah, it's a club, right because even though it's part of the Bowling Alley, it's its own. It's like a bar off of the Bowling Alley. It's a whole room. It's very cool. It's got a big stage.
Speaker 1: You know, it sounds really yeah, yeah, you know, and they were like oh shit.
Speaker 3: And then everybody was super nice to them and like, Okay, we're going to sound check you guys at this time, and this band's going to go up and do their sound checks.
Speaker 1: Stand by, you're going to go up there. And then they you know, it's amazing.
Speaker 2: So they did this sound check experience for them, so cute. Yeah, and then what were they in the lineup? They were first. It was like their first real gig. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But when the guy asked me, he was like, do they want to open and play thirty minutes?
Speaker 1: And I was like yes.
Speaker 3: But the nice thing is that, I mean I invited a lot of people and the kids.
Speaker 1: School is such that it's.
Speaker 3: Very supportive environment and like these kids all show up for each other. So tons of kids, tons of school students like came to see them and it was really nice. So I had a big group of friends that were there. Julie Cayson came.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it was like so there were.
Speaker 3: A bunch of people from my perspective, and then there are a bunch of kids, and I think the club was like very happy about it. You know, it was kind of packed, and I don't think that they usually get that. It was a great crowd, big crowd. So I had stand in the first video during the sound check, and then this girl that I went to high school with.
Speaker 1: In the comments wrote, oh, like too bad.
Speaker 3: There was like no crowd or whatever, but like something too bad, like something because we were she was talking about where we grew up and she goes sounds like all the clubs out here like no crowd or whatever.
Speaker 1: And I was like, uh, there was a huge crowd. I was like, that was a sound check. Yes, I don't know why I got really defensive, well I know, negative going on, yes.
Speaker 3: Because there was literally one person went in the sound check, there was one person standing around in front of them because it's fucking sound check.
Speaker 1: There was nobody in the plate.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: It was two hours before the freaking show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know why I got so mad about I was like, why do you got to make it look like?
Speaker 1: Don't say that. I know I was packed, bitch. So yeah.
Speaker 3: So then so anyway, they freaking killed every song. Xander did it in his original song. They did the rock the Chasmo and they did the remote Ramote song that was something goes to Bittberg, Bitburg Bongo Bonzo goes to Bitburg. Sorry I couldn't remember it. So like they played cool music. Yes, no they're band. They have good taste of ye.
Speaker 1: They see, they sure do. And they did the Cure. They did the Cure and then they did an Oasis song. Oh the song, that's right.
Speaker 2: They fucking rocked man and the crowd was dancing and on stage they were into it. The lead the lead was like going down and going up like it was. They were so great.
Speaker 3: And you didn't realize that Lyle Isle Crocodile is the one who was crab walking.
Speaker 1: I did not stay. No, that's our boy.
Speaker 2: I know because I met him when they played here at Patrick's party. But he had I had on Yeah, he looked different up on stage.
Speaker 1: No, it's Lyle Wild Crocodile. Amazing.
Speaker 3: He just changed his family's life. It kills me in the best way. He that kid is thriving. Oh my god, thriving and gotta see these videos.
Speaker 1: And there was this guy I was like chit chatting.
Speaker 3: I was being very big and like running around talking to people. I was having such like mom and your mom, like having such mom energy. There was like this one like super punk rock chick that I thought was in a band coming up and I was like, hey, uh, who are you here to see? She goes, uh, like whatever the oh? I go no, I said, are you in the band that's coming up later? And she goes no, it's just my friend is And I was like, oh cool. This was when they were playing and I go, yeah, that's my son.
Speaker 1: I would do the same, I love. I was always went around to like four different people out yes as my kids. Of course you're just beaming. Yeah, cry. I was so excited.
Speaker 3: So there were these two men that had come to see the last band and they were I was chit chatting with them earlier before they went up, and they were and I was like, yeah, my son's band is playing first, and they were like, oh cool, you know.
Speaker 1: So then later afterward, I said, what'd you guys think, you know? And they're like yeah, they were. They were really good.
Speaker 3: And then they go that one kid and they were talking about lyle Yle Crocodile.
Speaker 1: They go that kid is is one to watch? Oh wow. And the guy who is in the music business, one of the guys, Oh they were there to watch. They were yeah, they will.
Speaker 3: They work in production and they work with bands, uh, and they do like their they like produce CDs for.
Speaker 1: People my gosh, yeah, you get a card. I think for like unsigned.
Speaker 3: I think it's one of those things where they are paid, like to produce an album for me. Anyway, But they were like pointing out and which I took is like a pretty nice thing that they were serious, because otherwise they would have said it about my kid. But they were like that kid, he goes he doesn't look at his hands when he's playing, which for a kid is like pretty crazy that it is a really good playing.
Speaker 1: He never He's like I watched him and he never looked at his own at an How long has he been playing?
Speaker 3: Well, longer than Xander because he has an older brother. Oh right, remember who when the family kind of got split up, the brother lived with.
Speaker 1: His friend and remember that now, and but.
Speaker 3: He always looked up to his brother wilded and then his brother gave him a guitar, and so he had this guitar.
Speaker 1: He you know what, he started playing in middle school. Wow, that's a long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so actually probably around the same amount of time as Xander.
Speaker 1: But he got really good and he taught himself. He taught himself, his brother taught him, He taught himself.
Speaker 3: He's he's amazing. It's such a good musician. They all look so good together. I love the girl keyboardist. She was cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, so cute. Yeah, they're all amazing. There's like a bunch of them in the band.
Speaker 3: And the drummer this year they met at school. The drummer was a freshman this year.
Speaker 1: Right, he was a baby, the same drum Yeah, they're so Jacob, he's really talented.
Speaker 2: They need to play more often at places because they play cover songs that other people know.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. They make gigs.
Speaker 3: They did a gig the following day. Oh, they did a gig on Sunday. They played a farmer's market in West La.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding? They playing gigs? They have more coming up. Oh my gosh. Yeah, you're a mom and jar.
Speaker 3: You should follow their You can follow their Instagram. It's Guyliner the band. Oh yeah, Instagram and they post their gigs. That's amazing.
Speaker 1: I'm so happy for them. I love it. I know, so cute.
Speaker 3: All Right, we have to do another ad, so let's talk about Alloy. This episode of for Crying Out Loud is brought to you by Alloy Women's Health Listen. Aging sucks you all know that, and get problems sleeping, the hot flashes, the brain FuG. That's all that we talk about on the Crag out Loud.
Speaker 1: We option age. Yeah oh yeah, people on our page talk about it all the time. Yeah. Our demographic, you know. And you know what, forty three.
Speaker 3: Percent of women reported that their doctors never even mentioned menopause hormone therapy as an option for treatment when they reported and complained about menopause.
Speaker 1: Isn't that ridiculous?
Speaker 3: But Alloy can help you thrive during menopause and midlife offering unlimited access to doctors and experts with safe science back treatments for your hormonal symptoms as well as skin, hair, sexual wellness. I can't recommend Alloy enough. Join the ninety five percent of women who try to Alloy and saw relief in the first two weeks. Head to my alloy dot com slash fcol, tell them all about your symptoms and you'll get a fully customized treatment plan and twenty dollars off your first order Today.
Speaker 1: Head to my Alloy my alloy dot com slash fcol and enter code fcol to get twenty dollars off your first order.
Speaker 3: Nice Also Bisigo the zgozgo Yes this bsgo listen mosquitos. You know they're a nuisance and their bites can lead to health concerns. By the way, and I have a ton of mosquitos get into my house all the time, kids leave the door open. But that's where Bisigo iris comes in. It's the world's first AI powered mosquito detector. It's cutting edge device that uses computer vision and AI to detect, track, and pinpoint mosquitos in real time.
Speaker 1: It gives instant alerts.
Speaker 2: You get real time notification via the Bzygo app so you can act fast whether you're in the room or not. Night vision detection. It works in total darkness using infrared technology. It's pretty incredible.
Speaker 3: So stop losing sleepover mosquitoes. Take back your nights with Bizigo. Go to bzgo dot com slash discount fcol. That's zgo dot com slash discount slash fcol and use the code fcol.
Speaker 1: To get ten percent off. And right now, just in time for peak.
Speaker 3: Mosquito season, the Zego is running an amazing sale thirty percent off your second device for any room in the home for our podcast listeners only right now. If you use the code fcol, you'll get ten percent off your entire order plus the thirty percent sale. It's a deal you can't find anywhere else. Boom, I was going to tell you, Uh oh, well, I'm going to actually I'm going to save that for Friday.
Speaker 1: Some stuff I've watched. Okay, Yes, so this is like.
Speaker 3: Weirdly ties in ever so slightly to the Patreon story but opposite. Okay, So when I was a kid, I was best friends with this girl and I wrote about this in drunksh I was best friends with this girl named Cheryl Morgan ok first and last name. My stepfather and actually my biological father were very good friends with this woman who in New York and she moved out here and then she was the girlfriend of a record producer named Monte ku Okay. Now Monty quer owned this record company called Little Brother Records.
Speaker 1: Yess right, that's how I remember it.
Speaker 3: And they had this massive mansion in the Hollywood Hills.
Speaker 1: I don't remember.
Speaker 3: Exactly where it was, I have, like, but you know, it's so imprinted in me because I lived in this duplex, like really crappy neighborhood, really small apartment, like a duplex, from when I was like.
Speaker 1: Six to about twelve.
Speaker 3: During those six years, I was best friends with this girl and she lived in this dry, enormous mansion.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: Every other weekend we would switch off staying at each other's house. So it was like crazy for me because they were super super wealthy. I didn't know like the scenario. All I knew is that they had these huge parties where like people wore made uniforms.
Speaker 1: You know. I had certainly that too. We did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because when we first moved to California, that dinner when we first moved to California. We lived in an apartment building for a couple of years. That's where my dad told me to tell the guy to up yours because he kept talking to me, and he's like, this guy, she should not be talking to my daughter.
Speaker 1: Next time you talk to you, tell him up yours.
Speaker 2: Okay, anyway, but yeah, I had a friend Adrian, that had a big house and they would have parties and it would be like, I've never experienced anything like that. Yeah, they had on TV Select TV that like big TVs, you know, and like all these parties where all these adults would be around and I'm like, my parents had not one front. So it was very anyway, go ahead, So I kind.
Speaker 3: Of well, the funny thing is that we are bonding here because the one of the main things I remember is that they had cable TV before anybody else had it, and it was a channel called the Z Channel.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, of course, of course I think it was a precursor to HBO. Yeah, but I think it's a movie channel.
Speaker 3: But like sometimes you would see like topless rides because it would be R rated movies on it, and we just thought we hit a gold mine. We're just like what yes, like, oh my god, and I just remember very little like parent supervision.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the same with me.
Speaker 2: And yeah, she even like we would see like topless people and movies, but then we would try and put on there was the other thing that on and selecting and then it would be like fuzzy.
Speaker 1: I remember we watched through.
Speaker 2: The U through the Green Door, which was like a soft hyper green behindreen door, behind the green door.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, yeah, it was like softcore pork. Yes.
Speaker 2: We were like what the fuck is this? It stuck in my brain forever. I was like, that was the first time I ever saw naked people on television, right, doing shit.
Speaker 1: Doing stuff to each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because that was one of that was an early like not an early porno, but of our age. Yes, that was like a late seventies, late seventies, right, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so funny.
Speaker 3: Okay, So this girl, Cheryl, we have all these memories together, and I, like I said, I wrote about her in the book. And when I was writing the book, because of lawyers and stuff, you really have to get people's permission if you want to tell stories about them, even though in my mind a lot of times I'm like I understand if I'm saying something negative, Like I have a friend named Mike who I wrote a whole chapter about, like us attempting to do Heroin together.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, I mean basic. I had this idea.
Speaker 3: That, like I and I think, I was reading a lot of like J McInerney books, you know, and I was like, I've always want I want to smoke heroin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not that crazy that I got sober. Let's just put it that way.
Speaker 3: It shouldn't have been such a massive surprise to people if you know a lot about my past. So I convinced this guy to like, we got some heroin and we tried to smoke it. We tried to chase the dragon, which is like you light it and then you breathe in the fumes and then it didn't nothing happen. I didn't feel any different from it, and I never did it again. But I wanted to tell that story because it was kind of The story was about how I was always comparing myself to this guy because he was a really bad alcoholic, and I was always like, oh my god, like I'm nothing like that guy. Yes, every once in a while I get drunk and throw up, but like he gets drunk and sleeps in other people's cars, like on the street that he mistakes for his car. He's an alcoholic. So I wrote this chapter, and then I had to ask him for permission to And then I got really nervous because but even if you changed the person's name, so I was I had changed his name. But if you change the person's name, but it's possible that other people that know that person would know who you're talking about. Okay, you're in a gray area. Best to ask permission. Yeah, this whole chapter was about him, So as much as I change his name, the people that were friends with him in those days, and friends with both of us, would know I was talking about him. So anyway, I sent it to him and he was like, oh my god, I love it so much.
Speaker 1: Use my real name. Wow, my friends will get that guy. Yeah, love him. He's awesome.
Speaker 3: So this girl, though Cheryl, I changed her name, but I was not saying anything negative about her, except that one of the things that I remembered was that this guy that our mom lived with, she would he was super rich, right, So one of the craziest things was that she would sometimes go in his jacket in his closet and get cash.
Speaker 1: So she would bring and he didn't have anything lower than like a fifty dollars bill.
Speaker 3: Nice, So she would come to my house and we are kids, like we're like nine, yes, and we got a fifty dollars bill burning a hole in our jeans. And we would walk over to the Montgomery Ward and buy so much candy and wacky packs.
Speaker 1: Start thing right, he loved the wacky packs.
Speaker 3: Wacky packs, Oh my god, So we would have we would buy so many of them.
Speaker 1: We buy like a huge bag.
Speaker 3: And then the story I told in the book is that like we would open him and I would chew the gum and then stand it out and get another piece of gum and then chew that out. Anyway, so I as I'm writing the book and I'm remembering this stuff, I was like, God, like I want to like ask her about this and like what she remembers, and I want to know which where that house was exactly. Huh. Well, somehow I found it turned out that this guy Manti had been married to Diane Carrol.
Speaker 1: That beautiful black actress.
Speaker 3: I'm like, okay, So I'm like, so I somehow found Diane Carroll's daughter, and I messaged her on Facebook, I guess, and she messaged me back and she was like, yeah, Cheryl lived with us.
Speaker 1: That was my dad.
Speaker 3: Monty Kay's my dad. I think what it was is I looked up Monte Kay and I found somebody loosely related and the last name. I put it all together and I found his daughter and I looked her up and then I tried to connect with her. So, like I said, she wrote me back and she was like, yeah, I don't know where she is. I don't have contact information for her. I think she became a dentist. So now she opened the door to me though, And then I was like, oh my god, but you lived in the house, like I don't remember. I mean, it was a freaking ginormous house.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was one of those houses that I believe had like an elevator in it. And there was like swimming pool there were like multiple swimming pools. Waters, yeah, little waterfall. There was a whole maid's apartment, there was a sauna room, there was like a I mean, you know back then, yeah, back then it was crazy. And I had heard and then I wrote in the book and I kind of made a joke which my publisher at first didn't get but that I said, I I think I'd always been told the Jackson Five had lived in a house before them, And then I was like, I'm not I can't prove that. I was like, and that's why there's a disclaimer that says this is my.
Speaker 1: What I remember. Yeah, you know, yeah, don't come for me, right yeah. Yes.
Speaker 3: Anyway, so I said to her, this woman, I was like, do you know if the Jackson five lived there? And I was like, I wrote a book and I wrote about her. Anyway, Then she never wrote back to me.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: It was bugging me the other day. So I was like, I'm going to just try again, because you know when you have a memory from being a kid, and you're like, you really want somebody to back you up on this. I wanted to know where this house was. Yes, she doesn't live there anymore. She was a kid, she like, I was going to say, okay, she was like my age. So so anyway, I wrote her on Instagram and I wrote her on Facebook. I know she checks her Instagram nothing, She's completely doing me. Oh And I was like, hey, I'm sorry. I know I you probably think I'm crazy because I because you sort of stopped answering me when I was asking you about Cheryl.
Speaker 1: I was like, but it's still bugging me. Is there any way.
Speaker 3: You could just give me a little more information that you remember, because like, I have such powerful memories of being a kid and at your house all the time, right, nothing, nothing but the hell that really sucks?
Speaker 1: Once last time you? When's the last time you? I just did this. This is why I brought it up.
Speaker 2: Now, maybe she'll maybe she will still maybe by next a week ago or so, like oh really yeah.
Speaker 1: And you could tell she checks her messages. I don't know if she saw my Instagram.
Speaker 3: Maybe she has an assistant that does it or something. She doesn't have an assistant. She's like not famous. Her mom was famous. Her mom is Diane Carroll. And I know that she did like a project with her mom, but she's not like famous.
Speaker 1: Right, it's a person. I don't know why she won't answer me. Oh that's sad.
Speaker 2: Also, like you're an author of a book and it's now you're you know, some crazy right, I'm like a rando, right, you know.
Speaker 1: I don't know would you would it be?
Speaker 3: Like I have such bad memories of those days that I just don't want to respond.
Speaker 1: I don't know. If it was me, of course I would respond, right, yeah, of course.
Speaker 3: I'm being very harmless. I'm not like, yeah, what's the address I want to go see? Can I come visit the house? Do you know the people that live? Like, I'm not asking. I have potato chips to deliver. That's a pant heart. Yeah, yeah, I just want to drop off some chips, right, No, that is bizarre.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: She sucks, right, Yeah, listening Diane Carroll's daughter. Come on, get back to Stephanie, get back to a lady. I just want to I just want to make some new memories about that. Yes, or if anybody knows who's Cheryl Morgan, I'm sure she has a different name now I know.
Speaker 2: I always try to find my friend Adrian. I can't find her. I want her to back up my memories on and Select TV.
Speaker 1: Was she? Why did they have so much money? I really don't remember. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was like she She's actually in videos of my mom doing defense or size on YouTube. I'm in the video and she's next to me and we're wearing like matching leotards. So we were probably like ten eleven. So I don't know what her parents. Oh, I think our dad was a dentist.
Speaker 1: I think, but probably overcharging people. Yeah, I don't know why. It just hit me. I don't know, but I can't find her.
Speaker 3: Like I just turned this into something up. I'm like, yeah, it was probably scamming people.
Speaker 1: Right, why are you dentists? And you got that much money? Do you have all that money? Probably a drug dealer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's just his selling nitrous oxide.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's that popular back then. Yeah, yeah, that's sad. I know. You just want somebody to back up your memory. What's her last name? Well, you feel like you shouldn't say.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe she'll listen and she'll Adrian probed Props Yeah, oh yeah, no relation to Jeff Probes.
Speaker 1: Maybe, I don't know who knows.
Speaker 2: Could be her cousin, Come on, Adrian, I'm on, Adrian, she's probably married.
Speaker 1: Now I have another one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, before we go, Uh, Okay, this girl's name is Amy Letterman.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now, her mom was.
Speaker 3: My mom's, like a really good friend of my mom's, well like a million years ago, like when I was little. Yeah, but she and I would play together all the time. Okay, she might not remember this, but I remember it very well because the moms were super good friends. Then in like I want to say, the seventies, remember the movie You Light Up My Life?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, so d D.
Speaker 3: Kahn I believe played the adult woman in You Light Up My Life.
Speaker 1: This movie she played either DD she played d D.
Speaker 3: Conn as a little girl and she's basically uncredited or no, she's credited.
Speaker 1: It's the only thing she's ever done.
Speaker 3: So I remember being like, oh my god, like I was best friends with her when we were little kids.
Speaker 1: Amy Letterman, Yes, kind of a common name.
Speaker 3: If you look up her credits in IMDb and you see that she's done nothing else and there's like zero information about.
Speaker 1: Her, like on the internet. Do you know what I mean? Anywhere? Right right? There's really no way to find her that I felle you.
Speaker 2: And maybe as they got older, they got married and then Facebook came around and now their their name is different or I don't know, I have no I it's.
Speaker 3: So like you would think with the detective agency that we have, Yes, well.
Speaker 1: Maybe we should get on it and look for these people.
Speaker 3: Adrian Probes, Amy letter Amy Letterman Diane Carroll's daughter, Diane Carroll's daughter know that. Okay, all right, guys, you've got your work cut out for you.
Speaker 1: Get on it. Let's say hi to our friends.
Speaker 3: We've got Dick frolicking and Kelly, Lottie, Da and Krista get this chat.
Speaker 1: And Ashley, she's so chic.
Speaker 3: And Stephanie's a shtinker wrinker and Athena Ginshird. We love your makeup and you're dancing. Sandra studies being green, Jennifer, get up. Aaron's a dirty Sanchez Leslie.
Speaker 2: With the costings happen already, Alicias go on Toe City, al Monte, Kelly Brant, she will take you anywhere you need to go.
Speaker 3: RecA follow her on Tiktokhan Vope.
Speaker 1: Oh love you, Gabby and Missy You guys love you too. Yeah we do.
Speaker 3: Katerina kime on girl, see Adrian's dat. Yes, You're Mueller needs Valerie, Bubba Fenwick gets out of the park, Polly, We love your pancakes, Rita's rock and Elizabeth Williamson's kids in our Bassiette and Nikki call your girl.
Speaker 1: Also, you got a shout out.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm going to do it next week, he told me. But Mike Gerstein, but stay tuned for next week.
Speaker 3: Okay, my friend Tamramello has a company called Gray by Tamramello. It's an Etsy store. They do so much great anniversary stuff and they're doing She's going to be doing these bracelets and necklaces that say resist, which is cool. Anyway, go just check out her site, Gray by Tamra Mellow and if you use the code fcol twenty you'll get twenty percent off. And we have another new one. We got a newbie. Her name's Courtney Moore and she's on Facebook at I E Embroidery.
Speaker 1: Oh, she's got her own whole business. This is a business lady. We all support doing business stuff. I E Embroidery.
Speaker 3: They do custom hats, polos literally want to do embroidery on. That's a good gift. Yeah right, I gotta look her up. Yeah, I E Embroidery. Okay, pretty easy to find. Then we got our friend Robin. She's doing it for Popculture Rescue dot org. They our generosity helps get some of these puppies out of the shelters, yes, and into foster care. It pays for their medical staff. All the donations are tax deductible Pop Culture Rescue. Also, Gabby is shouting out u FW United farm Workers, so please check them out think about giving them money. It's a labor union Yankey Armworkers. You as help dot org. Also, my friend UH has a Medium account and her name is Unbecoming Stories and you just got to check it out. If you want something really cool to read. You will love her writing The Family Skeptical. It's a podcast about raising kids without religion. Will meanfrieda, Palm Springs and Palm Desert. Check them out. Best brunch in town. Basic Becky she just sent me a mug for my friend and a mousepad and she's at just Basicbecky dot com or Basic Becky on Facebook. And if you're in the Hawaii on the island of Kawhi, why not go to Sugar Skull don't be stupid check out their bankery and gift shop, or you can go to their instagram Sugar Skull eight oh eight. And let's do Adam Lerner a car broker. Adam's Got a Car dot com.
Speaker 1: I have his T shirt. Yes, Adam got me a car.
Speaker 3: He's shopping us a car right now, and believe me, he will go out of his way to just answer the questions or educate. It's so easy to tell you pressure, Adam's got a car dot com.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, we love you guys. Thank you. You're a parent. Now, don't have it up that angel