Speaker 1: Today's Friday six pack is brought to by our friends at Founders. This is where anything outside of sports we chat about and you can always jump in. The text line is Sports Radio twenty one thousand, Meyer Hotline eight sixty six eight three eight forty eight forty three. Are you a jewelry guy or not? Do you wear much jewelry at all? And I would consider watches jewelry. Yeah, you a jewelry guy.
Speaker 2: Jewelry is probably the primary thing for men, or I'll watch. I should say it's the primary jewelry for men. I am not a big jewelry guy. I know you are those ship You like to wear a time piece, don't you. I do wear a time pee. You know.
Speaker 1: It's funny with me. It's a little different. I wear a chain as well. Some people call them necklaces. I think necklaces are for women. But it has two things on the end of it. One is the Saint Christopher metal that used to be my father's, so that's important to me, and the other is a cross that my wife gave me early in our relationship. But I'll wear if I'm wearing suits, absolutely wear a stylish watch and a bracelet.
Speaker 3: Used to be my father's.
Speaker 1: And then if I if I'm going out and it's just a casual, I'll wear a leather bound watch. I only have two watches. Really, I want another one, but I only have two. So that's basically it. That's basically it. For my jewelry. You don't wear it ever, Like if you go to a wedding. I'm going to a wedding tomorrow, you wouldn't wear any jewelry at all.
Speaker 2: No, I mean I right now, I'm wearing a chain to use your terminology, which I also agree with, by the way, But so I have things I just don't I'm not super particular about them in the way that I could be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think young people do that. And none of my boys really, none of them wear watches. I can always tell time on my phone. Dad, Well, that's not really what it's about. It's a certain look. And only one of them wears a bracelet, but he wears it all the time. He never takes it off. Where is my is more decorative? And well it's a little bit more expensive than his, but he only I mean, he'll wear his when he lifts every day, works out, every day. He wears it even then he just never takes it off. All right, So that's the first of my six pack. What do you get for your first question of the day. Also very cool that your jewelry has meaning. By the way, my question for you, I know you're.
Speaker 2: A proud Central Michigan University alum. Who's a mid major in the spirit of March madness, who's a mid major that you have a soft spot for? Besides CMU could be for school reasons, could be for sports reasons.
Speaker 1: Eastern Michigan. Yeah, because I started there, tried to play ball there, like a lot of people there. They're good people, close with a lot of people there. So the soft spot would be EMU for sure. All right, you have a soft spot? Do you have a soft spot for another Big ten school?
Speaker 3: Uh? Gosh, that's a great question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess I would say.
Speaker 3: I like Illinois. I know this connect you're picking against them?
Speaker 2: Yeah, talking you liked to always say take your emotion out of it. You should be proud of me. Usually i'd be like, Illinois is going to the final four.
Speaker 3: What is it you like about Illinois?
Speaker 1: What have they done in the past that made you go Yeah, I kind of liked that school.
Speaker 2: Well, so when I was a student broadcaster at Michigan State, I had zero expectations when we went to cover the Michigan State men's basketball game at Illinois, and I ended up having one of the best times I've ever had in Champagne.
Speaker 3: I loved it. I had.
Speaker 2: Like I said, I had no expectations, so I just was blown away by how much fun we had, how fun the bars were, how cool the city is in a weird way. You know, Madison's very cool, very pretty, all that stuff. But you go to Champagne, You're not expecting anything. And I had a great time. So I Illinois much. In Champagne, not much, how much at all. They love their they love their Aliini. So there you go. That's my first question in the six pack presented by Founders Brewing. You're all right a dog or cat dog for sure, although I'm allergic to both, but I do love both, if that makes any sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Not a cat guy, Never have been. We've got two goldens. Infect Cooper's right here with me. It oftentimes in between breaks, just to get up and walk around a little bit, I'll putt and I can't because he runs over and grabs every golf ball that I have. When I start putting, he'll drop one to grab the other and I never get a chance to see if that golf ball goes in the hole. All Right, how about you? What's number two for you?
Speaker 2: Well, it's funny you asked that because piggybacking on that. If you didn't have Golden Retrievers, what dog breed would you have?
Speaker 3: German shepherd? The shepherds in the past.
Speaker 1: No, but it's what I wanted. And my wife is like, they scare me too much. What do you mean they scare you? Yeah, they scare me too much.
Speaker 3: Too smart.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Goldens are pretty smart too. I don't know if Cooper necessarily is. Cooper is smart and he's this out, so I don't know if i'd go that far.
Speaker 3: Favorite topping on pizza, Okay, so Pepperoni's obviously the cop out. I would say.
Speaker 1: So Fridays or Fridays or Saturdays are pizza nights usually, right, I mean that's fair to say.
Speaker 3: Sure, I bet you.
Speaker 1: That's where most of if it's not Super Bowl, that's where most of their business goes to. So we're having some people over tonight. We're gonna get a couple of pies and I, you know, my wife like, I think one will do the all mushroom, I said, oh, mushroom, what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: What is wrong with you?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 3: She only you know she's she doesn't eat red meat.
Speaker 1: I love meat lovers too, But if you had to have one topping besides.
Speaker 2: Bacon for me to be bacon, I think bacon is the underrated sherry on top, so to speak for the meat lovers, because obviously pepperoni's the staple. Yeah, and that's terry good too, But that bacon without that, you'll notice it if it's not there.
Speaker 1: I would tell you this, if you had to have one meat and one vegetable for me, it would be in all likelihood Italian sausage and green pepper.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I go banana pepper like the yellow one. But I'm with you on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's good too, all right. Last one from the Friday six pack, brought to you by Founders.
Speaker 3: What's your favorite city out West?
Speaker 2: I went to a bachelor party last weekend in Phoenix. I loved it. It was my first time out in Scunnix. But what's your favorite it is?
Speaker 3: That's a that's a tough one.
Speaker 1: Phoenix and Scott tayl are really great, which they're right next to one another. And a lot of people say San Antonio. Outside of the you know, the the boardwalk there, the waterway, there's not much there. Dallas is really cool, all right. I'll tell you an underrated place. Salt Lake City is really nice. I think that's underrated. But I would probably say Phoenix, Yeah, that would be there's you know, you can drive to Sedona. I mean, there are so many beautiful places out west. So yeah, that's that's where I would go. Right. That's today's Founders six Pack, brought to you by our friends at Founders