Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: You're back on the Dan Caplis Show. I'm Christy Burton Brown. Thanks for tuning in today. I've been talking about quite a few issues with Denver's constant sanctuary city actions that in dangerous citizens, things parents should watch out for in their school districts, and good advice from a school board member up in Thompson Valley.
Speaker 3: You definitely need to listen to that.
Speaker 2: But we're also shifting to focus to crime here in the state of Colorado and to talk about some of the crucial crime bills that are not getting through the legislature on the good side, but are possibly passing through the legislature on the pro criminal side. I'm bringing in State Representative Jarvis Caldwell, one of the most impressive new legislators in Colorado this year.
Speaker 3: Thank you for joining us.
Speaker 4: Representative Caldwell, Hey, Christy, thanks so much for having me.
Speaker 2: Absolutely I think everyone should follow you on Twitter. If they want to know what's really going on with criminal justice and public safety issues in Colorado. Think your account is rep called well, that's c ald W E.
Speaker 5: L L.
Speaker 2: Everyone should go follow him so that you get the updates in real time. I think you were updating everyone in the middle of the night last night. I think was there hearing that win until I don't know, one thirty two am.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, you know, sometimes you can kind of feel powerless when you're in the minority, and so I've kind of made it my mission to bring to light the craziness that's happening in the House Judiciary Committee this year.
Speaker 2: I think that's so important. And you serve on that committee, correct, That's correct. Okay, So you see all the all the bills come through, both on the Republican side Democrat side, and I think I think the one that got a lot of attention yesterday and probably should get more so that it gets killed called the bad shot and bill.
Speaker 3: Am I am? I referring to the right one?
Speaker 5: I love. I mean, that's what I've nicknamed it.
Speaker 6: Okay, other people have.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's house built twelve oh six. It's called Extreme Indifferences Offenses. Not causing death, and so just to kind of give you an anecdote, because there's a lot of nuance and complexities. But the idea here is that if you do a drive by shooting and you're shooting at a crowd of people but you don't hit anyone, right now, that's a Class two felony and it's got pretty stiff punishments.
Speaker 6: It's up to I think forty eight years in prison.
Speaker 4: However, if this bill passes, then if you don't hit anybody, you could get a Class five felony, which is probation eligible. And so people have to ask themselves, do we think those involved in drive by shootings should get probation.
Speaker 6: Just because they don't hit anybody?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I think that's absolutely crazy.
Speaker 2: I think most people would agree clearly from understanding the bill when I was looking it up. This is first degree attempted murder, so premeditated, intentional obviously, that's what drive by shootings are, or absolut shootings like the club Q shooting in Colorado.
Speaker 3: Anyone who you shot at but.
Speaker 2: Didn't kill them, that is it would classify as a first degree attempted murder.
Speaker 3: But in my understanding, the Democrats sponsoring this bill.
Speaker 2: We're trying to completely reclassify it as a different kind of crime and thus lower the penalties.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: And we actually had a Club Q survivor, the bartender from that night, who I think is actually a part owner. He was in there and he testified because the Club Q shooter was actually charged by DA Michael Allen down here in Opaso County with this extreme indifference attempted murder and.
Speaker 6: So this was actually a this gets used a lot.
Speaker 4: We had DA Walsh from Denver and testify that last year someone shot I think it was one hundred and four shots into a house with twelve people.
Speaker 5: Wow, And had this bill.
Speaker 4: Been in place, that person could have been procation eligible because they didn't hit anybody. They didn't, Thank god, they didn't hit any of those twelve people in that house, you know. And I asked the question and committee to the bill sponsors the very first question of the night, which was why this and why now? And the clips well they just they really kind of parsed out this. Well, this is an area of wall that we think could be improved.
Speaker 6: But the thing is that the DA's.
Speaker 4: Council, which is made up of all twenty three das from across the state. They literally represent every single person in the state of Colorado.
Speaker 6: They came out in opposition of this.
Speaker 4: Now they only take positions if they're unanimous, so they unanimously opposed this bill.
Speaker 6: And that's made up of Republican and.
Speaker 4: Democrat das and still, you know, members on Judiciary. I think it's very ideological, and I think they just.
Speaker 5: They believe they know better.
Speaker 4: We've got some public defenders on judiciary and they almost always side with the criminals.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately.
Speaker 2: That's it's insane, honestach saying that word, but I can't can't think of a better one, because I think if you went out and surveyed members of the public, like they want to be kept safe from these kinds of people. These are not the kind of people you want walking and driving down your streets and going into restaurants and being outside of your house and establish establishments that people want to feel safe in. These are not the kind of people who should be free in society because they clearly plan to kill people and just because they're bad at doing it again, thank god they are, But doesn't mean that they shouldn't be put away from society. And I think this is pretty obvious if you ask a random person on the street, and obviously to the da is to your point, the ones who see these people in real life and have to collect the evidence and prosecute them, they see how dangerous this is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, And I just want to add something else on your listener's radars, which is almost every single, if not every single Democrat on how juditionary believe that cash bond is unconstitutional And now so if you think about that, you could other than first degree murder, I mean you could rob someone, you can shoot them, stab them, carjack on and the Democrats on how studentsary believe that if you got arrested for one of those crimes shooting someone, as long as it wasn't first degree murder, you should be immediately released until your trial day. And so we could literally have people walking around the streets if they get rid of cash bond.
Speaker 5: And I think that's something they all want to do.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: I think they maybe just think they can't get it through the main house just yet.
Speaker 3: It's not quite yet.
Speaker 2: And we're talking to Representative Jarvis Caldwell from Caldor Springs here on the Dan Kapla Show, And just to clarify for anyone who isn't super up on bond and cash bond, basically what you're saying is they would want to eliminate all bonds and move to like PR bonds where people just promise to show back up in court and not pay anything.
Speaker 3: Right, Is that what you're.
Speaker 6: Saying exactly right? Yeah?
Speaker 4: They again, they believe it's some constitutional and they make the argument, you know, innocent until proven guilty, and so if you get I mean if you're on video or shooting someone and you get arrested for it, they believe you should be able to just walk right out of jail with no bond until your trial day. And we all know the court systems backed up, so it may be a year or longer until you have a trial day. But that's what they believe, and they said it. You know, you and I we talked about on this show before about my no PR bonds for repe violent.
Speaker 5: Of finds, which they killed.
Speaker 4: In committee a couple of weeks ago, but they made it very explicit, including the chairman Javier Maybury. He injected his opinion on the bond issue on that and said that he believes it's unconstitutional.
Speaker 6: So I mean, when you have.
Speaker 5: The chairman of a committee saying that.
Speaker 4: It's like, how in the world are all of you guys on House Judiciary. It's literally the furthest, most radical left people on this House Judiciary Committee. Which is why I keep repeating the line that if you want to know why there's a crime problem in Colorado, gets come down to the capital, go sit in on House Judiciary Committee and he'll figure it out real quick.
Speaker 2: Well, and you make an excellent point that these people were in tech. This is your apoint but I'll make it my point. People were intentionally put on this committee. Like Democrat leadership gets to choose who serves on a committee, and for the Judiciary committee that is supposed to hear the public safety bills in Colorado, they put the most extreme, far left, pro criminal, anti victim, anti safety Democrats on this committee. So they're advancing terrible bills and then stopping and blocking great bills like the ones that you've run that would actually move Colorado from the third most dangerous state in the nation to at least a little bit more safety.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty incredible.
Speaker 4: It's insane, and it's the most fashetting thing ever. You know, I don't know if you all covered this on the show, but Rep. Brandy Bradley brought a bill.
Speaker 6: I think it was last week, and it.
Speaker 4: Was to prevent or prohibit probation for child sex assault suspects because in Colorado around seventy percent of people who commit child.
Speaker 6: Sex assault get probation. And we don't think that's we.
Speaker 3: Don't think that's right, that's not common sense.
Speaker 4: She ran bill. Yeah, she ran a bill to prohibit that, and the Democrats shot it down and the DA supported that. The show supported the bill. The HTIs of police, yeah, among others, victim advocacy groups and wow, yeah, and they shut it down.
Speaker 2: No, that's it's insane. And thank you for bringing it to light. I have to take a break on the Dan Kapla show. The Representative Jarvis called, well, definitely want to have you back to give us yet another update of all you hear on the Judiciary Committee.
Speaker 3: So thank you for joining.
Speaker 6: Us, Yes man, thanks so much for having me.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm Christy Burton Brown are taking a break here on the Dan Capela Show. You can call in eight by five four zero five eight two five five Representative Jarvis called Well who sits on the Judiciary Committee among a lot of Democrats who are on the very far left. He said, a number of them are are either currently or former public defenders. And Hub Mobre, who's the chair of the committee. Look him up if you haven't, if you want to see who the Democrats at the Capitol are choosing to be the head of the committee that hears all public safety bills. He's literally a socialist Democrat, not just a Democrat.
Speaker 3: He would be the first to admit that if you look at.
Speaker 2: His Twitter and his news online, and he is constantly pro criminal, will not support any law to increase criminal penalties, no matter the type of criminal.
Speaker 3: And it's just super disturbing that those are.
Speaker 2: The members of the Judiciary Committee who are hearing these kind of bills, and the committees, if you're not familiar with how the legislature works through which all proposed bills have to go in order to make it on the House floor, of the Senate floor, members of a committee can absolute who are in the majority, can absolutely shut down an a good bill, kill a bad bill. That's what they're supposed to do. But in the case of the House Judiciary Committee. Here in Colorado, they are constantly killing bills that would crack down on crime and promoting bills that would support help or aid Act criminals.
Speaker 3: So again, no wonder.
Speaker 2: Colorado is the third most dangerous state in the nation, according to US News and World Report.
Speaker 3: I want to actually play you.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be a fairly long clip, but I think it's important to play.
Speaker 3: This has been in the news recently.
Speaker 2: Pretty much every major news station has covered the Pueblo Police chief speaking about three officers who were shot by a known MS thirteen gang member who is out on a bond after being charged with multiple felonies and after having many felonies pled down to misdemeanor. Speaks this is a known, super dangerous criminal who is let back out on the street and then had to shootout that left three of his officers injured. I'm going to play you the clip, but the police chief in Pueblo, Chris Noler, specifically says, quote, the blood of my officers lays at the steps of our capital, blaming what goes on at the Capitol building, on the Judiciary Committee, on the fact that his officers are endangered and we're all shot. All are recovering currently in the hospital, but it is not to the end of the situation. I hope they continue to recover, but we don't know yet what the end result will be. Here is the report from Cardio, most of.
Speaker 7: Which led to misdemeanors. At the time of the shooting last night, he was out on bond on not one, but three felony cases and as I stated, he was wanted on attempted murder charges related to a shooting at a department conflex at Publow south Side. The blood of my officers lays at the steps of our capital.
Speaker 8: Strong worts today from Publo's chief of police after three of his officers were shot.
Speaker 3: In the line of duty tonight.
Speaker 9: He's blaming soft on crime policies for putting the entire community in danger.
Speaker 3: Good evening, I'm Heather SKULLD and I'm Bart Bedchel. Thanks for joining us, and we begin with that developing news.
Speaker 9: Three Prebla police officers are in the hospital and a man is dead after a shootout in the Best in our neighborhood.
Speaker 5: We now know that.
Speaker 8: Last night police were attempting to arrest a suspected gang member with a warrant for attempted murder when that man opened fire. Cardio thirteens Mackenzie Stafford joins US live from Northern Avenue where it all started.
Speaker 5: McKenzie.
Speaker 10: Last night, officers could be seen running from this all to down Northern Avenue for blocks. Here you can see there's even some of this crime scene tape here still left over from the night before in the ongoing investigation today. That entire time officers were running, they were exchanging gunfire with the suspect, Billy Soto. Police say that Soto fired nearly eighty rounds at law enforcement.
Speaker 2: I'm going to stop the report right there because i want to point something out that's very important revealed in this report and by the Pueblo Police chief. This guy who did a shootout with police officers, fired eighty shots and wounded three of them, was wanted on attempted murder charges. Now, in the last segment, we talked to Representative Jarvis Caldwell about a bill that's being proposed in the state capitol to take away the charge of first degree attempted murder in Colorado as a crime when there's extreme indifference for human life, very bad thing to completely remove that crime and instead replace it with a type of assault that could be probation eligible and only give someone one to four years in jail, depending on whether not someone was actually injured in the first degree murder attempt or not. So here you have actual scenarios in Colorado of how dangerous these type of criminals are. The type of criminals who are committing first degree attempted murder.
Speaker 3: You see what they do.
Speaker 2: They're willing to do shootouts with police officers and try to kill them after they already committed other attempted first degree murder. And what are the Democrats in the legislature, the people who are in charge of passing laws in Colorado want to do. Not crack down on crime, not stop these kind of criminals from getting out on bond and endangering law enforcement officers and our communities. No, Instead, their brilliant idea is to lessen the charges that can be brought against these people. As Representative Caldwell pointed out in the last segment, the DA's counts in Colorado opposed this bill, and the DA's Council only opposes or reports legislation when the vote is unanimous. If you look across the state, we have a whole lot of Democrat district attorneys. We have a whole lot of Republican district attorneys. It's not overly common that they unanimously agreed to support or oppose something. But for very obvious reasons, they opposed this bill, and testimony continued on it until about two a m.
Speaker 3: Yesterday.
Speaker 2: Instead of voting it down after all of this testimony and all these facts and all these evidence about how dangerous this would be for Colorado, the House Judiciary Committee laid it over for further testimony or further consideration.
Speaker 3: So basically they didn't kill it.
Speaker 2: They also didn't vote in favor of it yet, so perhaps they will kill it, although I'm not holding my breath because they constantly put these kind of bills through to the House floor to try to come down on the side of criminals instead of the side of law enforcement and victims. The other thing I will point out about this bill, and it's also relevant to the Pueblo Police Chief story, is that voters last year passed a truth in sentencing measure. It was the most popular citizen initiated ballot measure on the entire ballot in twenty twenty four. Here in Colorado sponsored by the organization I Work for Advanced Colorado, and the attempted first degree murder was included in the Truth and Sentencing bill, so voters, majority of voters across Colorado said, we believe not only should that remain a crime in Colorado, but it should be subject to truth and sentencing, meaning people who are convicted of first degree attempted murders should serve at least eighty five percent of their sentence before they are eligible for parole. And now, after seeing voters, will voters intent again the most popular ballot measure in all of Colorado last year, what do the people controlling the legislature try to do.
Speaker 3: Let's just pull.
Speaker 2: Out one of those crimes out of truth and sentencing, make it a new crime that we want to put under the under assault so that it's no longer.
Speaker 3: Subject to truth and sentencing.
Speaker 2: And that is how they try to evade the will of voters and try to substitute their own judgment that is on the side of criminals for what voters clearly told them they wanted. We want to classify these people as violent enough criminals to serve at least eighty five percent of their sentence before they're parole eligible.
Speaker 3: Now there's a huge.
Speaker 2: Outcry against this bill at the Capitol, even you know, survivors of mass shootings who've come in and testified against it. Maybe maybe maybe it's not going to make it through. Since they did lay it over. That's always a very small bright spot that indicates they're at least possibly reconsidering it. Or the other option is that they just don't want to vote on it right now when all the attention and light is on it. So I think everyone should be contacting the members of the House Judiciary Committee, the Democrats of course specifically, and tell them to make sure they do not pass this bill and put it through. Extremely dangerous, as illustrated by this recent situation in Pueblo where the Publo police chief says the blood of his officers is laized on the steps of the Capitol, a very serious and true accusation.
Speaker 3: I'm Christie Britton Brown. You're on the Dan Kaplo Show.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we're going to be talking to Auror City Councilwoman Danielle Duriski about the two escapees from the Ice detention facility and her view of what the real facts are here on the dan.
Speaker 3: CAPLA show.
Speaker 2: The en You can call in any time you want four zero eight two five five. One of the big pieces of news in Colorado over the last twenty four hours has been the fact that a couple inmates escaped from the Ice detention facility in Aurora.
Speaker 3: Now, I think Nine News, well, I don't know.
Speaker 2: If they were the first to break it or if they were just the first one's I saw on Instagram.
Speaker 3: But nonetheless, one.
Speaker 2: Thing that one of the Nine News reporters saw, and then other outlets continue to report, was that local law enforcement decline to help ICE find these detainees who escaped. Now, from the reports that I've seen, I think some power went out at the Ice detention facility, a door opened up, and these two guys I had to go out in the community and or run away and go free. Now I know at least one of them, it's my understanding, at least one of them had had a criminal charge from Adams County, I believe, and had been moved over to the Ice detention facility in Aurora. I mean, probably clear up those details. Aurora Councilwoman Daniel Drinsky is supposed to join us on the show as soon as she's.
Speaker 3: Able to call in. I'll certainly bring her in when she does.
Speaker 2: But he has an interesting perspective on it that I think you need to hear, because while news is reporting that local law enforcement declined to cooperate with ICE in finding these two escapees from the ICE detention facility, it really brings to light a state level.
Speaker 3: Problem here in Colorado.
Speaker 2: It's not that we just have local law enforcement saying no, thanks, don't want to find people who escape from detention facilities. It's that we actually have sanctuary state laws in Colorado that prohibit local law enforcement from cooperating with ICE, barring a few exceptional circumstances.
Speaker 3: And so when you have scenarios.
Speaker 2: Where ICE is asking for help, but you have a state law that bans local law enforcement from cooperating with them, you put local law enforcement in a very difficult position. Of course, their goal is to keep a community safe to hunt it down criminals. But Daniel Drinsky could certainly make it more clear because she's on the ground understanding exactly what's happening in Aurora, having more of the details available to her. But it's my understanding that ICE didn't actually communicate in the best way with local law enforcement. I don't think ICE reported to them that there were criminal warrants out for these escapees. Because there is an immigration law, there's civil detainers, and then there's criminal warrants.
Speaker 3: If you enter the.
Speaker 2: Country illegally, you have committed a civil violation. But in order to commit a criminal violation, I have a criminal warrant. You also have to also participate in crime. Now, typically most of the people who enter the ICE detention facility here in Colorado got caught because they did commit a crime. So whether it's a low level crime or high level crime, and both exist, that's often why people get sent to the ICE attention facility, but it is not always the reason that they do. Sometimes people are picked up by ICE because they violated the civil immigration law, and so there is a distinction there, and a lot of people think, well, hey, it is a crime to across the border. It is a civil violation, which is actually different from violating the criminal code.
Speaker 3: And so there is that distinction there.
Speaker 2: And so when you live in a sanctuary state like Colorado, that bans you as law enforcement from actually working with ICE and cooperating unless there is a detainer issued by a federal court.
Speaker 3: Therein often lies the problem. So sometimes local law enforcement.
Speaker 2: Can get accused of failing to keep people safe, when really it is the state law that is the problem. And I think that's the situation here and these two guys that escape from the ICE detention facility.
Speaker 3: It is the state law that's the problem.
Speaker 2: It is one of a host of illustrations of why the sanctuary state law has made Colorado so dangerous. It's why the TDA gang from Venezuela has made Denver their national headquarters, because hey, Denver's a sanctuary city in the middle of a sanctuary state, So why wouldn't international dangerous gang make that city its headquarters. And I think we just continue to see when a state allows crime to run rampant in a state because you don't crack down on it, what actually happens is you invite more and more criminal elements, You invite more and more crime to happen, and then you tie the hands of law enforcement who wants to keep their community safe but simply are no longer given the tools of the authority to do so.
Speaker 3: If you have thoughts on this, you can.
Speaker 2: Call in eight five five four zero five eight two five five. I'm Christy Burton Brown filling in for Dan Kaplis today. I'm going to see if I can find a clip to play for you on Donald Trump calling the TDA gang foreign combatants, and here I've located it. Jay Town, who's a former US attorney, says that this was absolutely correct of President Trump to do.
Speaker 11: President Trump is absolutely right.
Speaker 5: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 11: This is a seventeen ninety eight law. We're using gobs of the First Amendment right now on your air.
Speaker 5: That's an even older law. And so the Alien Enemies Act.
Speaker 11: What the President did is he very shrewdly intertwined TDA with the Venezuela government and as calling it a hybrid criminal state because Maduro and TDA have joined together in law enforcement, in military. The Maduro government funds TDA to come to the United States to bring cocaine, to sow discord, to engage in violence. And he has enacted the Alien Enemies Act, declared TDA a foreign terrorist organization, and ordered their removal.
Speaker 5: That's what the AEA was meant to do.
Speaker 2: I think it's a really important explanation because there's been a lot of questions about well we know the TDA gang is very dangerous, that they are like a drug cartel, but why are they being called foreign combatants?
Speaker 3: And so it's this tie.
Speaker 2: Between the Maduro govern in Venezuela that's actually funding the gang and giving them the ability and the power to travel to the US to sell cocin and their other drugs that allows the President to accurately designate them as foreign combatants and members of a foreign terrorist organization. So congratulations, if you live in Denver, not only are you the home of one of the most violent foreign gangs, you're also home to a foreign terrorist organization that's now designated as foreign combatants. Again, this was invited by those who run Denver in Colorado, layering the sanctuary city policies of Denver on top of the sanctuary state policies that Colorado passed in twenty nineteen, twenty twenty one, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: It's twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Apparently we're up for another sanctuary state to designation by the legislature. I'm kind of thinking that with the current state of things, they're probably not going to be bold enough to pass yet another sanctuary state policy. Because Governor Jaredpoulis may or Mike Johnson are trying to deny that status even exists in Colorado, and both of them, in addition to Congressman Jason Crowe, have actually said that violent and criminals who are here illegally should be deported. This is a huge departure from what they have normally claimed and what they've normally.
Speaker 3: Advocated for it.
Speaker 2: And I go so far as to say, if Governor Polis actually had that position, why in the world did he sign those three sanctuary state policies in twenty nineteen, twenty twenty one, and twenty twenty three. Maybe just maybe it has to do with who's in charge at the federal level and who he wants to look like he's complying with. I think it's probably more symptom of that than a core principle saying, let's actually keep Colorado safe by not designating our state sanctuary state policies, which then leads to the most dangerous, one of the most dangerous foreign international gangs making Denver their home base. This is certainly not good for anyone here in Colorado. If you missed our segment earlier with Representative Jarvis Caldwell, go back and listen to it. You need to get the inside scoop on what's happening in the House Judiciary Committee. They are the ones who hear criminal justice public safety related bills, both proposed by Republicans are crack down on crime and propose by Democrats that would open up the doors to allow more crime in Colorado. He sits on that committee with the majority of Democrats on the committee.
Speaker 3: He hears about all these bills.
Speaker 2: He sees das and survivors of shootings come in and testify about the bills, and he sees the Democrats largely not care what those people have to say. A few bad effects from PR bonds in Colorado. If you've heard about the shooting of the Pueblo police officers that was committed by someone out on bond who is a gang member MS thirteen gang member in that case after he'd committed multiple felonies including attempt at first degree murder, and the stabbing in Denver recently that was committed by someone who's out on a PR bond. So these issues have real time consequences that we see in Colorado. If you have thoughts, you can call in over the break eight five five four zero five eight two five five.
Speaker 3: I'm Christy Burton Brown. You're in the Dan Kapla Show and now back to the Dan Kapla Show podcast Sapple the Show.
Speaker 2: I'm Christy Burton Brown, Filly in for Dan today. Thanks for joining us. We've covered a lot of issues like crime in Colorado, the House Judiciary Committee of people escaping from ice detention facilities and whose fault that actually is. In addition to advice for parents on what you should get involved in in your local school district to make sure your children are being protected. Let's cover yet another two issues in this very last segment. I think both of them are pretty important breaking news today and yesterday. One of them was that Trump's executive order closing the Department of Education. There is a little bit of confusion over what exactly this does. First of all, I think it's great news. We need to have less bureaucracy, not more, cut down on the layers.
Speaker 3: And it's very clear that President.
Speaker 2: Trump has not threatened the federal funding of education that comes down to the states. So for everyone including the CEA or Teachers' union in Colorado freaking out about that, they actually don't know what they're talking about and are purposely ignoring the statements that President Trump has made saying that this isn't going to affect change federal funding of education, especially like the pelgrant and other big grants that do come down from the federal level to the states. All this does is change how it comes down, eliminates a lot of the layers. And if you're aware of how bureaucracy at administration work, you know that the more layers there are, the less money that actually makes its way down to the states, to the local levels and to the classrooms. We're here in Colorado, our teachers need to be paid more. One of the biggest causes of why they're not paid more is because administrative spending in Colorado education is so high. Unlike the states around us, we only spend fifty five percent of our education funding into the classrooms and it should be at least at a two thirds level to ensure that our teachers get paid enough. We have lower students to teacher ratios and make a lot of the crucial changes in education that needs to be made.
Speaker 3: But that's an important piece of news.
Speaker 2: With the Department of Education Trump's executive order, he's not taking away the funding. He's cutting bureaucracy, So make sure you tell everyone that who's all worried about the Department of Education being taken out.
Speaker 3: Here's the other piece.
Speaker 2: Though Trump's executive order can to do that by itself, this actually would require an Act of Congress to actually eliminate the Department of Education. What he did in his executive order was order the Secretary of Education, Linda McMahon, to work towards that end, work towards the closure of the Federal Department of Education. So this isn't an instant thing that's happening right now because the executive Executive branch doesn't actually have the power to solely unilaterally do that alone. They absolutely can work towards it, and then Congress would have to pass something like that. At the very least, what this will pave the way for is a lessening of the bureaucracy and administrative layers, because since it is a federal agency, Trump and his administration can do a lot to eliminate positions within the Department of Education. They can do a lot to cut down those layers, whether or not Congress eventually decides to eliminate the agents or the Department altogether. Here's a point that Senator Jim Banks tweeted out that I think is pretty interesting. He says, the average bureaucrat the Department of Education makes over twice as much money as teachers in Indiana. I'm sure if you looked at the amount the teachers making Colorado, the difference would probably be even greater because teachers aren't well paid here in Colorado. So that's what we're eliminating. When we eliminate the Department of Education. We're eliminating bureaucracy. We're eliminating the layers that eat up the money that should be coming down to classrooms in Colorado and teacher salaries. So this is good news, very good news if you believe that classrooms and teachers should be paid and get the money that they actually should get instead of a bunch of bureaucrats in DC getting all the money.
Speaker 3: So I think that's great news.
Speaker 2: Another thing I wanted to make sure we hit before our show is over is this report from in Videos CEO announcing a really great news for manufacturing in the United States and taking it away from China.
Speaker 12: Video CEO Jensen Kang says this company is set to spend hundreds of billions of dollars on chips and other electronics manufactured in America over the next four years. That's according to an interview and gave to the Financial Times, and it he also said in video, is now able to produce its most advanced systems in the US partnering with Taiwan Semiconductor in fox Con.
Speaker 2: I was actually reading about this today and that's one of the most interesting pieces of this in news is that Taiwan is actually choosing to invest in American manufacturing. We have a good relationship with Taiwan and they are good at manufacturing and producing a lot of these chips. But we need to balance out the supply chain and bring a lot of manufacturing back to the US get it away from China, because not only is China controlling too much chip production and manufacturing as a whole, or way to rely on them for manufacturing that affects a lot of businesses industries here in the United States. They also have way too much control over our pharmaceuticals. So you could get into that for a very long time. But one of the most interesting pieces for those who try to deny that China has so much of the pharmaceutical supply. They missed the fact that China is producing a lot of the core ingredients that are then sent to India. We also buy a lot of our farma suticles from India. But where is India getting the components and the pieces the core medicines that are creating these pharmaceuticals, These drugs that Americans take, They are getting them from China. So if you trace the map of all the supply chains across the US, whether it's in chip manufacturing, whether it's in pharmaceutical manufacturing, you find that China has way too big a piece.
Speaker 3: Of the puzzle.
Speaker 2: This is really destroying America's ability, piece by piece to be independent. China is trying to, of course take over as a world power. That is not news or a surprise to anyone. What's interesting, though, if you trace the little pieces, and if you look at President Trump putting tariffs on China and elsewhere around the world, you see, if you really go behind the scenes and pull back the curtain, that part of his goal is actually to bring manufacturing back to the United States, to make it more profitable and more possible to do that, and also to open up availability for companies like Nvidia that want to bring manufacturing back to the United States, that are willing to put their money where their mouth is, so to speak, and actually try to get it done. And when you see huge companies like this being the first ones to come in and say, okay, fine, we are going to bring manufacturing back to the United States and we're going to back it with hundreds of billions of dollars of investment, you are going to see the ball continue to roll down the hill, a sort of a snowball effect, and more companies start to make the same decision. Thankfully, we see Taiwan being a good partner here choosing to invest in American manufacturing, then you know it's good for them as well. If China starts to lose power in the manufacturing and industry across the world. But if you want something fun to do this weekend, I know it's only Thursday right now, go trace those supply chain maps for pharmaceuticals, for chip manufacturing and see how many pieces.
Speaker 3: China actually has their hand in. But we need to take.
Speaker 2: Back as the United States of America. I'm Christy Burton Brown. You've been on the Dan Kapla Show. Thanks for joining us, and enjoy your free day weekend if you have one.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening.