Speaker 1: Stuck at home, bored and alone. You'd think I could have some.
Speaker 2: Fun on my own, but not all.
Speaker 1: I called im with Cecily and Stephanie. What's up? Everybody? Welcome to board AF. It's me Stephanie Wilder Taylor and Cecily Knobler.
Speaker 2: What up?
Speaker 3: Oh what are you? I almost got run over by a robot last night? Again, not to brag, I was in Hollywood with my friend Laura having dinner and one of those one of them robots. Now, I guess everybody has them now right. If you're listening, you understand what I'm talking about. These little one in my house. Yeah, it's It's just it's very much like the Jetsons, you know. It gets up, it toasts me a croissant in the morning, and then it and then it wheels it, it maneuvers down the stairs into my room, and I make it sound like I've got like a two story Lestly, I'm misunderstood because I thought you meant like it was like a misery situation, like it's in your basement because you tied it up because you're a really big fan of its work. I'm that one tied up in my house.
Speaker 1: Wow. Whatever, Yeah, sure, so one tried to kill you what happened, but did.
Speaker 3: Not try to kill me? Like, first off, I get very strange, and this actually leads to my next story. But I get, you know, like I transfer, I transfer my feelings like to the wrong place. So, like, you know, these robots, if you guys don't know this, we have these delivery robots in LA and San Francisco and wherever I guess, And they have big eyes and the eyes blink and they have eyelashes and they're like pep boop poop. They're so fucking cute. So I get confused and I'm like, they're real though they need they have feelings. They're going to get hurt. And one of them looked like it was about to tip over. It was not doing well. It's wheel was like wobbly. I actually took video. It was wasted. I put this on Instagram if it's on my store, if anyone wants to see it. But it's like out of control. It's you know, and they give them cute names like this one was Mino or I think, or Nico or something.
Speaker 1: How do you know?
Speaker 3: It does it tell it says it? It doesn't tell you. It's like I am Nico, you are Cecily. What if it knew my name? It does not know your name, but it has a name on there. And then it's so cute, like it winks sometimes it smiles. It's like R two D two. It's crazy. So I were creepy cute to me, I get I feel like it's like a child or something. I get very protective of it, and I'm like, I'm always trying to tell it what like a good job it's doing. If you're doing great, keep going, Nico. So but then my friend points out that, like the wheel gets kind of lobby and it starts getting into going towards traffic, and I'm like, Nico, and then it and then when I say that, I'm not saying I saved its life. I don't know, but it turned it like you know, it turned okay, just went down a different street. But it doesn't seem to love me the way that I love him or No.
Speaker 1: That's a theme for you, just because it's kind of hard to make a robot love you, and I feel like you shouldn't be spending time and energy trying to make somebody or something that I love you that can't it's literally not capable of the human emotion of love.
Speaker 3: I hear you. But like, here's what's what you don't know. You don't know when Nico U ups me, you think you know, like you're like, oh god, like this person then just like you up you look cute today. It'll say those things and you're like, oh my god, you do have emotions anyway, beware of that. But that's not the story. Okay, Well I should say this also straight up. We were going to say this right away. If you're listening right now, you this is bored af right. We've announced that, so some of you, we should have said this earlier on because you're like, no, I'm listening on rose Pricks. We are going to put we have a story coming in a second that is also a Rose Pricks audience story. So you're going to be getting a little bit of a little taste of bored right now. But yes, we're going to go into some other stuff. So just so you know, we haven't gone totally insane. We're putting this in both places today. We don't always do this, but sometimes it's necessary. Mm hmmm, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Why do you want to tell that? Well, it'll be in the of the show.
Speaker 3: But first I'm going to tell you. First, I'm going to tell you one other story. So last week this is an old this is old boord af I think I have a similar story on the show. But this happened again last Thursday. I went to go see this durand drand cover band that I like. Mm hmmm, I like them very much. I'm friends with the guy that is Nick. He's the Nick Rhodes and the band. He's so good. Everyone's so good. They're so talented, they're really playing and amazing. They wear the little wigs and makeup and they have so much fun. This band is called Rio Attribute Band, So let's give them a little shout out if you want to find them online.
Speaker 1: Her name is Reo and okay, oh good.
Speaker 3: So every time I go, I've bet, Oh, you're so good.
Speaker 1: You did not have to say that. So not. I don't know. I'm not even like trained as a singer at all. No, you shut up, Yes you are, don't. I swear to God. I swear to God. I've never taken a vocal lesson in my life.
Speaker 3: You are lying right now, do not lie?
Speaker 1: You are so sweet. I'm not even being sweet right now, listen, I don't like when people say I'm sweet when I'm just giving a truth.
Speaker 3: I never lie about compliments. I would just say I wouldn't say anything. I would just be like, hmm next. But no, my god, it's like an angel, just like like the heavens opened up in a bungel.
Speaker 1: Yes, now you don't?
Speaker 3: Yes, I do save a prayer? Do you save a prayer?
Speaker 1: Save a prayer? What if this was real? But if this was real and I just sang like the whole song in that terrible say it for the morning after? Okay, Well, now, Cecily, you really are a singer, so that's probably was not pleasant for you.
Speaker 3: That was beautiful and I God, Well, anyway, that's our show.
Speaker 1: That's our show me. Okay.
Speaker 3: So I've been going to this particular show with this band since twenty fifteen I started. We've been going for ten years. They've been together. There's been different iterations, like the Andy has come and got different, like band members of you know, Leftown or whatever and right so, but for the most part, it's the same band and I love it. And the first time I went back ten years ago, I developed this insane transference of a crush on on the guy that plays Simon. Now he is not Simon, but in my mind he's Simon because he sounds like me, he looks like him, he's dressed like Gimmy, dances like him.
Speaker 1: And why not. He's probably more accessible than the real Simon, seemingly any sort of.
Speaker 3: And I remember back then kind of crushing on him and telling my friends and they're like, oh, we should go talk to him or whatever. Here's his name. I kind of got nervous. I went over to him, and I got nervous. And then I saw these like really hot girls where he had like groupies for real. Oh, because it happens. And I got intimidated and like went about my life. But I only go see this band, you know, maybe every couple of years. Is not like constant right hold on. I had to turn my mic off for a second because I had to. I had to clear my throat. Oh, I got so excited. I had to clear my throat. Oh I'm sorry. So we go last Thursday and they were playing at three of clubs, which I did you ever perform there? I love that place.
Speaker 1: I never I don't think I did. But I didn't even know that place still existed.
Speaker 3: Still, it made it through COVID better than ever. It's so much fun, and it was especially fun because everyone at the show. It's the Duran Duran cover. First there's a Kiss cover band, then Duran Duran, and then there's one called Fast Times and it's this guy that comes out dressed as Pecoli. He's got like white zinc on his nose and he's running a Hawaiian chirt.
Speaker 1: I've seen that advertised at the Canyon Clubs and I've always wondered if they're good, but really amazing.
Speaker 3: They start out with a bunch of bond job but they just play like eighty songs. It's all good. It's just so fun to me. So there, it's all fun, and everybody there is kind of there's some young people, maybe people brought their kids, but for the most part it's like forties and fifties, like people who lived lived this.
Speaker 1: So there's like cute guys.
Speaker 3: I'm always a little flirty with the guys, you know, Like I don't know one guy, I was at the bar and waiting for the bartender and this guy was like, uh, he's a little slow today, and I was like, yeah, and then couldn't make eye contact with this cute guy at the bar who was probably my age, and then he goes, did you need me to help you like get his attention?
Speaker 1: And I was like, that's okay, And then I'm like, I'll just have a couple of SIPs of this and then I'll have that courage to like talk to him.
Speaker 3: But then I just didn't and watch the van. So the point is is that I am in love with this Simon right and my friends know it. So I'm there with two friends. So every time Simon comes out into the crowd and he does that sometimes it does a little crowd work when he's singing huh. My friends will push me and I'm a little bit of a lightweight, you know, I'm not I'm kind of small, easy to push. They will push me in his direction, so I have to kind of stop my feet like I'll kind of do I'll kind of exaggerate it and just like run that way and then I'll run back.
Speaker 1: You know, it's very tenth grade, but go on a tenth I would say six. They'll do that.
Speaker 3: They'll do that, and then the other friend will push me the other way. Like I'm just constantly being pushed towards this guy and I really like him, and then he was making eye contact. I'm like, maybe this is the time that we whatever. So my friend kind of knows him, so I was like, so, what's this deal. He's like married with a kid, right, and she's like, Cecily, we go through this every time. No, he's not married, he does not have an kids. I'm like, is he straight?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: And I'm like, what's the problem, Like, I don't know. I just like I don't know him like that, you ask him out. So I asked him out out. That's kind of sudden. Well She's like, I don't know. You got to find out. So then so the Dranduran thing ends and everybody's milling about and fast Time starts and I'm all into that, you know, I'm loving it. And then all of a sudden, the Simon comes over to me, this guy who is not really Simon, and he's doing the accent. He's not really English, but he goes hello.
Speaker 1: On the stun someone wanted me to say hello.
Speaker 3: To you, like like it's a make a wish, like it's a cameo. Yeah, And I was.
Speaker 1: Like, wait, what is happening here. Wait, but did he do it in a British accent a little bit? Oh my god, he's really cute, but he was like somebody was paying him to be in character.
Speaker 3: Kind of, or I think he just stays in character because that's just like what you do for the show, like that's what the show is.
Speaker 1: But so he does that, and I'm like, it's like somebody bought you a lap dance, yeah, yes, or a cameo, you know what I mean. But wait, my friend who's sort of friends with the band, but they're not friends with him, like so there's.
Speaker 3: No they know him. They know him, but they're not like good friends, but enough to say, oh, my friend likes you like she and whatever. So do you wait?
Speaker 1: But you couldn't go backstage and like do.
Speaker 3: Oh there's no real backstage, like they just come out, you know. So I'm like hi, and he's like, good to see you because he's recognized me from before, and I'm like good to see you, and I weirdly like touch his arm, which is very fit, very well fine arm, lovely lovely little bicep that I did not expect because I don't think Sime and Labonn has that, so I was just like, oh, yeah, you too, and then I'm so awkward. He walks off. So I say to my friend, I'm like, what did you say to him? Why did he randomly just come over? And she's like, oh, I just said you thought he was cute? And he's like which one? And I'm like the little, the petite one, and the fedora because I was wearing a fedora obviously nice and I'm like but that now what? But then then then I got all and then of course Chip was like, god, you are like a teenager. The whole way home we were getting taco bell and I was, ah, so that's it. Yeah, that's it. That's it. There's nothing I can do because if I don't take the leap, And also like what do you do?
Speaker 1: You talk to him? You like go like what's on? I'm like, oh my gosh, I love your band? So who? Like where are you from? Right? Where? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Where are you from?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 3: You're not English? Yeah? Maybe next time I can do that. I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Are they playing again soon?
Speaker 3: I'll find them. Yeah, they don't play that often, but sometimes.
Speaker 1: You'll play on Instagram. We're friends on Facebook, but I just what about Instagram? Instagram is a lot cooler.
Speaker 3: I feel like he's not I feel like he's not on there. I'll see. I mean, this is just getting embarrassing and I don't want anyone to go behind my back and do this because we already have someone like people like pushing me on him. I mean, I feel like if he was interested, he would just ask me out. But he's maybe he's just not, so I do only don't want to push it.
Speaker 1: Why would he come over to you if he wasn't interesting because.
Speaker 3: My friend made him. My friend thinks you're cute, goes say hi, she can't make him. Yeah, but you know he was trying to be I don't know who knows. Yeah, that's a good point. And when I try to get information, she's like, guy, I really don't know what his dealing right now. I don't know. There's always this very hot blonde chick who's there and was there this night too, and I think there's some connection there. I don't know what that is. I don't know who she listen. It's all I know. But the thing at the end of them.
Speaker 1: On their website, I'm just letting you say the webs I'm not going to say his name. I'm not going to say his name, but which I can't tell, which is which guys?
Speaker 3: Which simon does he wear? Like there's a white shirt with black like.
Speaker 1: Like lives in it. Like, Okay, he's really cute and I know he looks British though I know he has that John Waite kind of looked to him. Yes, but he's not any of those things that he just lives around town.
Speaker 3: I'd him before I've tried, like I have tried, and I listen. I have no further information except that I just like fucked up everything. I fucked up the guy trying to get me a drink. It was perfectly a cute like I'd much rather meet a guy like that than online. It's exactly the place you're supposed to meet somebody, and I just I fail, I like regress, I forgot how to do this and I don't have like, ugh, I don't know. We're working. We're working on it, don't I hear you get quiet? And I hope you are not messaging him? No, I well, yes I'm messaging him, but in the like A really he won't know it's me and you're like, I'm like, it's not about you. It's about me. Maybe maybe I think it's good. He's good for LB. Always about you, Cecily, and I'm like, oh, but I do have to.
Speaker 1: Realize that she's not funny. I'm like, listen, she loves stuff from the eighties and she likes older guys. So they're playing next and unfortunately it's kind of far away, right like the Canyon Club or something. No, Walnut Creek, California. Okay, I'll find them again. I'll do something. I mean, listen, you know you should do. You should pull like a real housewives, like a Garcel and just have them over. Just call the manly hands for massages for the ladies and just you know, hire them to come play your event.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I thought about not just because I wanted to get Simon there, but I love them so much. I would love to have like a birthday party and have them play. But I'd imagine they're very It's like that to be at least one thousand dollars because they're playing real stuff. You know, they each have to make it. There's five of them, right, each have to meet at least two fifty to do you know, a couple hours.
Speaker 1: Have you ever thought about the fact that like, and I say this because of course I have thought about this. Every time I go see a band, I'm always like, how much money do they make? It cannot be that much because especially when if you're in a band, wouldn't you want to keep it small. Anytime somebody's like, let's add a horn section, I'd be like, that's not Can we get away with not having that? Because you know, and you think, oh, look, this makes it better. I love their sound. They've got like eight you know, drummers.
Speaker 3: Boy Dog Pondering remember that, And what was the Polyphonic Spree They had like eighteen people in their band. It was very cool in the early two thousands, and they would all wear robes and you're like, this feels this feels pretentious to me. I can't quite put my finger on it.
Speaker 1: But are these people that are they pretentious? Because in the other way where they're like, we just don't care about money, like we just love music. We just love what we're doing, and we want it to sound great for the people. I would be all about, like, can we just have three people.
Speaker 3: In the band totally?
Speaker 1: What do we need like a guitar player, you know, keyboards, drums like good.
Speaker 3: But then like the flip side of that is like, okay, so I want to hire a band for a birthday party. I want this band to play, but then I want to be like, could you also work for just maybe you could just work for a little bit of the bar? Like, how would I even arrange that? I don't want to pay all the money that they deserve to be paid. What would you think the lowest they get paid a band a cover? Maybe because I have a friend in the band, I could get a discount, but then that's shitty because then you're like, they're not playing. You know, they don't want to do that. So what do you think the lowest would be? Like two hundred and fifty per person? But then they need like a sound guy, right, that's exactly, But can't they do the sound? The sound guy is just like at the place that you do it?
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know, really hard?
Speaker 3: So hard?
Speaker 1: So there, Yes, there's five, there are five of them. Is your guy? Your guy's the vocalist, right, Simon Lebon? Yes, yes, sorry I got upset that you did not know that, but you don't have I'm gonna tell you something that you're not gonna like, Okay, he's married with eight kids. No, what I'm going to tell you is that they don't have a very good website. Like a good website, you can't click on anything. It's really very old, like old and simple, like they take someone to kind of design it. But then you can't look at stuff. It's hard to explain. You can't like look at more stuff about them. They need to do better, guys.
Speaker 3: Let me see what I can do. Let me see what I can do.
Speaker 1: Maybe I should be their social media person, and then you can kind of get close to him that way, and you could just do like run everything through him.
Speaker 3: I remember when I was eleven, so very long ago, and I was as obsessed. I was extremely obsessed with Driandrean. I didn't even have to finish the sentence. I could have just said, extremely obsessed with dot dot dot doesn't matter something. But it was Durandrean for a long time, and I would make my grandmother talk about it. I think I told you this, and she was not really very interested in that. She really was just like did not know what I was talking about. But I'd make her look at pictures and I would tell her every time I went to concerts like I was. I was, you know I was. I was a Durani like super fan. We've talked about that, yeah, And so then I became obsessed with like being them, not just loving them, but like being them, which I actually think is cool, like healthy. I you know, I wanted to be a band just like them. I want where's my drand let's let me let me form a b oh being them like being a band. I literally thought, you meant like being that band, but also as well also that yeah, a little bit of that.
Speaker 1: Every day you dress in different as a different person from the band.
Speaker 3: Yes, you absorb them, you wear their skin, you get it exactly so.
Speaker 1: Because I always thought they were so cute. And so I said to my grandmother, which one do you think I look like? And she's like, you don't look like any of them. You're an eleven year old girl, like you really don't. And I was like, which one? And I mean, I don't know what I wanted the answer to be.
Speaker 3: I used to wear these fedoras like John Taylor, and I would like squint my eyes. I think we talked about this. I'd sweint my eyes to try to make my cheekbones look higher, so I just walk around with like squinted eyes. I'll show you a picture from junior high. And finally she's like, I guess the little one because that and that's Andy Taylor with like long brown hair. He's sick, he got sick. He's not in the band anymore, just because they parted a long time ago, but they're they're friends and he's like still like fighting cancer and we love him. But that's the one. And I was and of course that's not the one. That's not the that's not the hot one, you know, And I was upset, and my my grandmother was like, I feel like we're just like wasting time with this conversation. I'm like, I don't see how we are. She's like, don't you want to know anything about like what it was like growing up in Poland?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, not really, did you have any questions for me? Your grandmother like you know that you know my parents like escaped or didn't escape? Actually, do you want to hear about that? No, do you want to hear do you want to hear New Moon on Monday? I mean, you know, we are who we are and end of.
Speaker 3: The day, I wish I could go back, because I would change a lot of those conversations.
Speaker 1: You want to know what that just made me think of though I used to do that, and I mean this was like way later as an as a full blown adult, I was really intent on getting my mother into bare naked ladies, and I would bring over like CDs. Yes, and guess what, at some point she ended up really liking the Bare Naked Ladies and on her own I think bought like, bought one of their CDs. I think i'd brought over Gordon. Now. I think I played her Gordon, which she really liked, and then I think she bought another one. None of the the later stuff. She probably refuses to listen to them, you know, because to me, let me ask you this, if you had to choose use Okay, you know, I love I have to choose. Yeah, but this is about me. But if you had to choose, which of the brothers GiB do you think I most resemble? Oh god, you have Barry Barvin or Maurice Barry? Okay, all right, do you see it? He's the most like, full faced kind of so well, did you have a beard?
Speaker 3: I like your beard.
Speaker 1: I just want to say, I take it because he's the cool I think he was the coolest. I need to watch that documentary again. It was really interesting and I've forgotten everything about it.
Speaker 3: By the way, I do want to say this, I'm looking I think you were looking at the wrong website, because the website I'm looking at is excellent for them, and my friend happened to do that website. And I'm not just saying this because she did it, but I think I think you were, like, because there's one that comes up that's a different one than the one I'm looking at, and this one's really good. Oh so, okay, she excellent jobs. I don't want to I think it was the wrong one, honestly. Okay, should we get to the thing? I mean, yeah, let's talk about it. Let's dig in.
Speaker 1: We have there's more spoiler alert, there's more to tell you about the Blake Lively Justin Baldoni situation.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Okay, so we just did last week. We did an emergency the voice memo between Blake and Justin, and we put it up on both Rose Pricks and bordef so you're hearing this in both places. But then we like, we put it up. We feel good about it like we're caught up on that. That feels good. Then we go to bed and then we wake up and homeboy for his lawyers. Right, he made a website. He made himself a little website or the director actually, no, yeah, he's the director. He made he put up a website where he is now posting the receipts like a motherfucker.
Speaker 1: And it's fascinating to me. Yes, more more receipts. Now, yeah, I mean, let me. I'm gonna say this because I worry. I worry about what people think of me. I worry about people being mad at me. I've just this is a disclaimer disclaimer that I signed, and I'm posting online just so everybody could see that I've signed this disclaimer. The disclaimer is I don't I'm not on either of their sides. So in case you're thinking, oh my god, Stephanie is just all about Justin baldonid you know, and and and hates Blake, let no, none of that is true. It's just I'm getting whiplash. Yes, we all are, and I want to I just want to be fair, fair and balanced, you know, because that's how I am. And so when new stuff comes out I just want to I want to weigh it.
Speaker 3: I just want to. So she is. So he has posted just as posting all these texts between himself and Blake. I'm just going to read you one because it pops up first. We're going to get into it. But this really made me laugh. She said. She wrote to him, if you knew me in person long So this is probably at the beginning of them making this movie.
Speaker 1: Well, this is when I'll tell you. Let's give you the context. She's talking about the April twenty scene. She's she's talking about she's done rewrites, and she's trying to defend her a lot of rewrites and all about the rewrights director or a writer on it all the producer.
Speaker 3: You can do rewrits as a producer, you can. Here's what she wrote, if you knew me in person longer, you'd have a sense of how flirty and yummy the ballbusting will play. It's my love language, spicy and playfully bold, never with teeth. Yeah, okay, she's that. That same month, he told Lively, Justin told Blake that he that they had hired an intimacy coordinator and that they could quote meet next week, right, that's a big one. Lively, according to him, declined to meet the intimacy coordinator until they started filming. She says, quote on these texts, if these are real, I feel good. I can meet her when we start. Smiley face thank you though, which is also a little bit bossy. He's not really necessarily saying. He's kind of trying to tell her we're going to have a meeting with her, right but Blake is going to be difficult about every single thing, like, no, thanks, I'll just meet her when I meet her, don't worry back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there there are some things where and this is this doesn't indict her in any way, but she did many times invite him to her trailer, said come to my trailer while she was breastfeeding. So you can't. I there's no proof that he ever like stormed into her trailer or came in inappropriately and like, so the thing that bugged us, especially from last our last Patreon that we did about this or episode we did about this, was the whole getting really upset that he said like, oh, you probably have a baby on your boob, Like if you're the one who's super o about things, Oh did you get to the no, we need to read the text.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm trying. I'm having a hard time with these texts because when I click on them, I can't see them on my phone for some reason.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, there's one where she says they're talking. Okay, hold on, I will get to it. Oh, he says. He says, I like sentimental Blake. He allegedly texted Blake, to which she responded, never met her, and then he wrote I also like asshole Blake. Don't worry, okay, and then she responded, I've met her some of my suppositories. Like, she's not innocent and all. She's not.
Speaker 3: It's not and nobody cares, Like nobody cares that. She says that no one cares that. He says that, So she's she's just picked. She's cherry picking, which is what he said she was doing what makes him look bad out of context.
Speaker 1: Right, that's what I'm saying. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with her making that joke. But you can't you can't talk to like that, right and then go like, huh, you said you said you you might have a baby on your boob. You're you're sexualizing me. You're talking about my boobs, Like when you're the one who's being really open and you're that girl, Oh you don't get it, Like I'm so spicy and yummy, when I'm like taking the piss out of people, Like it's really fun when like a girl takes the piss out of a guy and he gives it right back, like you can't.
Speaker 3: I don't know, yeah, And I mean it's really it's really strange.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: One of the theories, and I know we have a couple of sound up things that we're going to play, but I just want to address one of the theories that I've seen on TikTok and everywhere, which is like, ooh, they're going to get divorced Blake and Ryan, and that me true. I don't know about that because they're saying I think Blake had a crush on Justin and it was unreturned. Now that is total bullshit. I don't know where they're getting that. I don't. I don't think that's the case, do you know. Yeah, But that's a weird theory that's being put out there. I don't think. I just don't think that's it. I think she just steamrolled over him because she had no respect for him. She has no respect for anyone unless they're like, you know, Ryan Reynolds or Taylor Swift, because she certainly doesn't seem to for her assistance or for a lot of the people that interview her, right, you know, not all, not all. No, I'm sure she's very nice.
Speaker 1: All right, There's something else that happened that I'm gonna I can play you the video of okay, but basically, so I'm going to read you the context in it first. So Justin Baldoni's lawsuit against Blake Lively shares this clip and I'm going to play it for you in a moment as evidence of Lively's blatant disregard for the guide for the guidelines of the Sony of Sony and Wayfarer. So that's the production company in the studio. In the clip, Blake is at book Bonanza, an event hosted by Colleen Hoover, and she tells the audience they will get to see the movie okay. So basically Blake is going behind Justin's back and behind the studio's back. But because she's with Colleen Hoover, she's kind of gone rogue. It seems like Lively admits that she does not have permission to show the film to the audience. The film was not complete and still needed numerous edits and changes. This would be a noted noted as a rough first cut. These cuts often contain place cards for video that's not ready, music filler that's not the music in the film. Blake was told by Sony not to show the film. Blake defied their orders and effectively stole the hard drive with the film and brought it on the plane with her, and she admits to taking the film without permission. So wow. She then tells the audience that she and Colleen are going to be Jane and I don't understand. Oh yeah, gene influencers. At the premiere, Blake wore a pair of nineteen thousand dollars Jenes to the event. I am not liking the her no. And then here Colleen Coover was completely aware this was against the studio guidelines and she didn't seem to care. The audience was then busted to see the film the next day. This is an example of Blake hijacking the film and using her star power to disregard the directions of the studio, and it's also another example of Blake trivializing the content of the film by bragging about her wardrobe. Okay, so here's we can hear her doing this. Okay, let me get it ready.
Speaker 4: We're gonna Brandon hasn't seen it, so we're gonna sit through it and just know it's literally this is not a bit. It's literally not done. So, like we like to be honest, Like what really happened is we were like, we're going to show the movie and the studio was like, no, no, you're going to show twenty minutes. So no, no, we're going to show the movie. And they're like, it's not done. And I was like, you don't fucking care, that's true. They're like if everything's not perfect and it's not done, and what if we're going to change things.
Speaker 5: I was like, these are the people who authored the success of the book. Like you guys are what her and like you guys.
Speaker 1: Seeing the movie is like she just does her own.
Speaker 2: It is an early early cut, and yeah, we're so excited and you know, like busting two thousand people to a movie theater sounds like a chaotic nightmare.
Speaker 1: So I just need you all times, like all my excited and patient.
Speaker 2: This is a huge honor early, so.
Speaker 1: We want to drop the movie with me on the airplane.
Speaker 5: Like I have like a folder, like a disc, like a hard drive.
Speaker 3: Sounds manic, So yeah.
Speaker 5: It's And the other thing is I have the cutest jeans ever that I'm wearing tomorrow night.
Speaker 4: Also not sponsored, but they're really really cute and they've.
Speaker 5: Got flowers on them and they're cut out. And then Colleen saw my jeans and then she was inspired because she loves me and she's cute jeans, and I was like, oh my gosh, we're going to be gane influencers.
Speaker 1: So what the I mean?
Speaker 3: I mean she sounds manic. I mean like she's like something. So when you look at some of these texts, remember one of the fights or one of the things that Blake accused justin of is making comments to other people going I need to make sure I can lift her. He's like how much? He asked maybe someone because he's training he has like a bad bag, And I was like, how much am I going to be able to lift her? And she took it, you know, as like, oh my god, you're saying I'm fat? What Okay? This was one of the beginning this kind of was one of the hugest sparks of the beginning of this whole.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know him as as well as you do.
Speaker 3: I know him so well. Yeah, I know you know.
Speaker 1: Him, Oh my god, specially I can say something about him too, like I know you guys are best friend.
Speaker 3: Stop friend? Yes?
Speaker 1: Stop? Okay, I know that I don't know him. But from everything that we've seen and you know, does he come off as kind of smarmy? Yes, but can you I imagine he's not. He's so careful with his words all the time, like in a weird way almost that he would never be like, yeah, she's pretty heavy, Like, am I gonna be able to lift her? He's not Broie at all? Right, So okay, here it says here it is my Justicin. My Justin is not Broie. This is one of his This is one of the you know things on the website. Lively and Baldoni exchanged texts. She jokes with him, so Blake jokes with Justin that she is twenty pounds from her goal weight. Justin responds. She says that in a text. He responds by putting up thumbs down, disliking the message basically saying I don't agree. He wasn't saying yeah, that's right, bitch, get there. He was saying, no, you look great. You're not twenty pounds away, you know what I mean. Yes.
Speaker 3: Then then Blake writes your friendship your friendship support helped me with that also, so thank you, not holding to anything professionally, just thank you for the friendship side. In the meantime, she writes all that, and then prayer emojis. He writes, for real, I was worried about you. That's a lot to hold. I'm really happy for you. So I think he's saying a lot to hold of stress in your eye about losing weight. Yes, he says, I bet you feel lighter, and she says, I really do, only twenty pounds to go. And he disliked that too. He wrote no, like thumbs down on that, and then sent a heart, and then she sent like two smiley face hearts. I mean like, I don't huh. This is ridiculous, is so ridiculous. What was the other sound we had another sound up? What was the ronan?
Speaker 1: We don't have a sound up on that, but I have a little I can just read you what it is. Okay, So I guess, okay, so hold on a second, I have to find that. Uh, but you know the backstory of it, basically ronan Pharaoh. They somebody's claiming that he has ties to the New York Times story about justin Okay, and he says he's made a made a statement. My practice is to not give oxygen to attacks that are a and then in asterix, complete fabrication, being pushed in bad faith. But since you engaged thoughtfully, Colin, what you discribe I love when like journalists use really good grammar on Instagram, and.
Speaker 3: He's a pretty smart guy.
Speaker 1: I know it makes me happy, though. Hmm. What you describe as quote so many connections quote is me being seen at drinks with an old friend. I want to give him. I want to give him like an old like an accent, an old friend.
Speaker 3: Grown in Pharaoh.
Speaker 1: He's grown into I know, I know, but I'm saying it's weird that I want to give him this like like he's like he's you know, I don't know, it's weird.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: With whom I have never discussed this matter, I've been on the receiving end of many attack campaigns like this, and when the level of disregard for the facts. Is this intense claims about me being the most powerful full journalists at an outlet with which I have no contact, or the architect of a story I have not touched. My experiences often that those who have fought in are already so uncritically eager for an easy outlet for outrage. All right, they have a little interest in factual correctives. But for what it's worth, even the most ideological framework animating this one is suspect. It's a journalist, not an activist, my reporting, my reporting on sex crimes. Okay, hold on, I have to go to the next page.
Speaker 3: But I don't even know what he's saying. Is he defending Justin? I's sort of God, I don't understand what he's I'm not following this. Maybe I'm daft.
Speaker 1: He's saying that he didn't have anything to do with it being reported.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well here's something else. Let me tell you this from the text more tech. Okay, So Blake, you know, they're back and forth, and he writes to her, I've been deep, been deep into writing really fun with you in mind. Fun not the right word exciting. He's saying, He's like writing her character. He's like trying to get her amped up, right. She writes a happy face, prayer emoji or something, You're safe here. He hurts that I'm not sure what that even meant. Then Lively shares her concerns with Baldoni about the forthcoming sex scenes that their characters would shoot, asking what's the chance that we can do body scenes at the end of the schedule.
Speaker 1: That's not unheard of? That question that's fair because she sounds like obsessed with losing weight. Your wait exactly.
Speaker 3: Justin tries to reassure her that she does not need to stress about her body and emphasizes his determination to work collaboratively with her to ensure her comfort, which means probably I won't show this. I won't show that. Whatever you need, if we need a stunt double, whatever, you know, whatever, it has to be right. So this goes back and forth. I mean, it's hard to read. I'm trying, she says, there's a lot of back and forth. But she says, kicking ass. But it's a ton of work with not a ton of time. What's the chance we can do body scenes at the end of the schedule, he says, honestly, there's one billion moving parts to schedule right now that I just turned in the rewrite, and so they are hard at work too much of it. He's basically saying, no, I guess I want to know that. I want you to know that you will, that you will look amazing. Anything that you are insecure about, we will talk through and we will get creative together, and we will make you comfortable. I don't want you to stress about your body. It's the last thing you need. As soon as I have a rough schedule that's even remotely accurate, I will share it with you, and I will make sure that the team keeps this all in mind as well. I think that's pretty accommodating.
Speaker 1: Very socommodating. How how do people normally get that much to accommodation for you know, you're on a schedule, the studio is trying to make a movie. You agreed to be in the movie even though you just had a baby, so like, and he's still trying to completely accommodate you. There are a lot of texts between these two.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's hundreds of pages of this, and he just I mean it's all out there now. When I say he, I mean like his lawyers or his PR team like put this together. I'm sure he didn't, but.
Speaker 1: It just is interesting that when you you know that, how quickly I jumped to like wow, you know, he said they're going to bury her, But it was out of context, and it does sound like he was as soon as he found out about this claim of hers that he did go into the mode of like, holy shit, I didn't do it. Maybe he felt like I didn't do anything wrong, and now I've got to hit back harder, got to protect myself. So the whole thing, and you know, I was saying that whole thing is like so gross on both their parts, but maybe I don't know, are we gonna find out that it's more gross on her part.
Speaker 3: It just the thing that's confusing is like why why go after Like what is the motive?
Speaker 1: Because maybe she just got upset about something and then felt like I'm gonna bury this fucking guy. Maybe her friends got her. I don't know, I'm making stuff up now, but all pole people got her friends. You know, she was like, I don't want to do these scenes anymore. I've changed my mind, and he was like, well, we kind of have. I don't know, I don't know. I don't know, like this is a different I don't know what this was. In regard to this, on page eleven of one hundred and sixty eight pages of ten, she says, you're the absolute best. Thank you, prayer hard and what did you? Uh?
Speaker 3: And what you did inspired me. I love what we're gonna do. So this is like, I guess, still pre production. And he just put an empty he doesn't, he's not inappropriately just put you know, an exclamation mark on that. And then she said, I can send you my pass at the roof. So she's talking about the roof scene that she to rewrite. Yeah, she wrote, so I can. So she's manipulate. She's also totally manipulating, like, you're so great anyway, So I rewrote all all these pages. If you want to, just like take a look at it. I know we didn't say I was going to do that, but here you go. But you're awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then he keeps trying to accommodate that, right. That's the thing that's weird is he keeps going like, oh my gosh, great, great, yes, let me have a look at it. And then remember he wanted she wanted access to the final draft file.
Speaker 3: Yes, so she could just says permanent changes in there. This is when she says, you, this is the whole thing. If you knew me longer, flirt, flirt, you know, I'd so I'm so flirty.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: And then he he didn't write back for a while, but then he wrote, sorry, I was just crying my eyes out as kids and family just left for another five weeks and it was a shit show because he was sad that his family was leaving. So he was like, hey, remember I'm not on the clock right now, and I've got like family and stuff I'm dealing with. Yeah, you know. And then he goes, yes, like send the draft, send her readwrites. So he's basically probably probably not like he's probably like, oh my god, there's a lot going on, but yeah, yeah, send it. It's so important to the film and can't and can't wait to play and find it. He's saying, yes, I'm open to that, yeah, but only only as much as he wants to be. He doesn't even have.
Speaker 1: To be, that's the thing. He's the director. And there's also some texts in there from Colleen Hoover, basically from different people saying not only are should you be the director? But like, I think you should play the guy, like yeah, consider it, you know what I mean that this is not him, like this is all of them. They were all decided.
Speaker 3: And I later heard her later say she she went with Blake. Once she teamed up with Blake, She's like, yeah, I heard this thing like a live thing where because he's much older. He's much younger in the book, right, He's like in he's in med school in the book, and then now he's like an actual doctor. They had to make him older if it was going to be him. And even I I hadn't read the book, but I thought he read. When I finally watched it, I was like, he reads creepy. I don't think he's the right guy for it. But you're right. They they wanted the author. They wanted him. They didn't like, you know, he didn't beg them to know. That's what he's saying, right, Yeah, and so that and but she's changed her tune, Colleen, She's like, yeah, I mean, no comment. There was something where she was like being a little shady with Blake. So Blake either got to her. And then that's another question. Why do the people that support Blake, support Blake, Well.
Speaker 1: I wonder if it's because Blake, if you well, I think it's because Blake was way more famous than he is. Right, Blake was thought of as like the age, like Jenny Slate, though, like we trust Jenny Slate, I feel she doesn't like justice.
Speaker 3: She seems at the beginning to have, you know, kind of being supportive of Blake. I don't know, I don't know, you know, maybe there's stuff I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I hope this goes.
Speaker 3: I hope this really is something we can watch in core. This is going to be a lot more interesting to me than then than Johnny Gap, I think so. I mean, they'll make it boring, they'll find a way, but you guys, there's hundreds of pages.
Speaker 1: The thing that's the thing that's kind of better about this one is we get to feel like we're detectives on the case. And with the other one, they were both mentally ill, right, so it was sad like you're like, she she definitely had some kind of amber heard had some kind of like.
Speaker 3: Personality disorder, and he was he's just drunk and an ale narcissist.
Speaker 1: Right, So there were really no heroes, and in this one there probably are no heroes either. But it's just interesting because I do keep changing my mind.
Speaker 3: A little bit. Like he wrote, he wrote this long thing about a scene they were going to do, and then he wrote, PS, Happy Mother's Day. You're such a fucking amazing mom. It's been a joy to witness how much you love and adore your kids. I mean, what what a monster? And then uh and then she she writes, this note means so much to me. I'm so excited to start tomorrow, but it's only one piece of the journey we started months ago, and I'm grateful for all we've built so far. Thank you for caring so much and putting every bit of you into show into showing it. You have given so much of your time to fight for the great and it has not gone unappreciated or unseen for one moment. Let's do this shit now again. That's pre filming, I guess, so, I guess it all went down while they were filming. I mean, there's some things that weren't great, but she's I'm not Some of the.
Speaker 1: Things that she's claiming that I was all up in arms about don't seem to have actually been portrayed correctly, because one of the things was the coming into her trailer when she's breastfeeding, and there's a text in here that I just had a kind of lost she says, where she says, hey, can you come to my dressing room on'm pumping or I'm just pumping. Yeah, I have this, by the way, May of twenty twenty three. This is part of this very long thing the website. Justin approached Lively in her trailer to discuss necessary wardrobe adjustments and his desire to have more control of wardrobe decisions going forward. Before the meeting, Justin texted Heath, I don't know who that is, saying that he was terrified of saying the wrong thing, and asked Heath to send him prayers. So that's not that's not great. He's very scared of her. He's scared of the backlash because she keeps, you know, she wants to do everything that she wants to do, and he's scared that he's going to get backlashed for being problematic about what he wants her to be wearing what.
Speaker 3: He wants her to wear. It absolutely is such a last The meeting lasted an hour and a half. As noted in the Daily Wrap email Blake's complaint. Her CRD complaint falsely characterized the exchange as a lengthy outburst after delayed filming that caused Crewe to wait for hours while Justin in Lively's dressing room. Justin did briefly become emotional during the conversation, but only in response to what he believed was a genuine compliment from Blake, praising his work as a director and an actor, which I believe actually, yeah, yeah, exactly, because he's so grateful for like she's trying to turn that into he was being emotional and crazy about like the clothes. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: She I mean, I'm sorry, but I don't what are her smoking guns? Because everything that she said he has refuted. He doesn't seem like he's coming with like trying to take her down. He seems like he's trying to protect like say, here's the thing she've said about me, and here's the proof that that's not true. M M. They thought about everything she tried to fight him about, every piece of wardrobe. Here is this her or him? I think this is him saying, okay, this is the last thing Blake content was not.
Speaker 3: There's so much more. But Blake continued to share her open and unguarded thoughts on life and her character. She talked about wardrobe choices to make her character much sexier. She sends justin the following text, using sexy both in person and on text just describe her character. Lively took no issue using the word sexy herself and set the president for the use of the word being acceptable. So I guess, she wrote, We'll show you both ways. But Beanie is much sexier. It's the look feels very TV without it, especially with a crop top in the show. It justifies the rest of the skin. And also as a girl, it would check out walking down the street. I would check out a girl walking down the street because it washes the effort off the rest of the look. Whatever, blah blah blah, Like can you imagine? Yeah, Okay, I'm exhausted.
Speaker 1: Are we going to disappoint? Are people going to be mad at me?
Speaker 3: No, we're on the same page.
Speaker 1: Noise. I know, Well, because they'll just pick on me, because they'll just be like, Cecily's great and she's like so pro women.
Speaker 3: Well, they just also know that I'm focused right now on like Simon Labaughn, like I have other things to think about, and this is sort of all you have.
Speaker 1: I just feel like I might be all of a sudden on the wrong side of this again. I just want to say for the record that I don't.
Speaker 3: Know, we don't know. That's it, and then we're uncovering as we go. Yeah, like you all are, let's say hello and now in regular life.
Speaker 1: I just I also just wanted to be known that Justin Baldoni, if I knew him in real life, is not my style of person.
Speaker 3: He's not my type. It's a little much, yeah, from the delts to the whole thing, but you.
Speaker 1: Know, but also just to the constant like kind of smarmy like kissassi, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't I wouldn't enjoy that same and I wouldn't enjoy being serving Blake as a waiter either. I don't think sounds like so either way, she could be amazing. We're gonna say hello to our bard A f friends.
Speaker 1: Yes we are. That's because that's what we do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so you might be confused. You might be a little bit confused if you're if you're rose pricks, But just listen anyway, you might learn something new, you might meet a new friend today, like Caroline Bastian and Christy Swords and Randy f. Witcomb and Silvano, Jemmetti, We see you, We love you, Sandra Green, Collette Rock, Patrick Price, Julie Turnbull, Victoria Blake. You want to take it.
Speaker 1: Is Shan vaje Pe, Karen Johnson Watson, Carrie Moller, Stephanie Rinker, Jill Shaw, Athena Ginshurd, Sarah Sevano, Sean Price, and Kate Donado.
Speaker 3: And we have a friend, our friend who's a friend of the show, Christa Stroup. Her friend Sarah sadly lost her son when he was only twenty one. His name was Chase, lost to suicide, and she felt like she wanted to do something because the grief just was consuming her right and she wanted to go on a mission to break the stigma surrounding suicide and that just wasn't happening in her community. So she started the Chase Haleyproject dot com. And those are places you can go if you just need to find out how to give back yourself or if you need something you know, like if like a lot of us have been through that we've lost people to suicide and we do need more groups like this, So go to Chase Haleyproject dot com.
Speaker 1: Yep. Also, our friend Becky Baris. She makes t shirts and mousepads and mugs with funny stuff on it, funny shit. You can put your own, you can design your own. You can peruse her website. Go to just basic Beecky dot com or check out our Facebook Basic Becky. Also our friend Jacqueline has a business that's very cool called get a Better Ranking dot com and that's somebody. Their business improves your website's rankings in Google. Okay. She provides SEO service for a large, well known international corps as well as just mom and pop shops. So get a better Ranking dot com. That's all right, you guys, thank you so much for being here, all of you, all of you, and we will keep it coming. And me, oh love you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's almost too beautiful. Actually, I kind of hate you a little bit.
Speaker 1: Inspiration. It's just something I do. Even when I hum. You can kind of hear the quality of my voice.
Speaker 3: I think, like when Barberstris, I'm like, you know, she does that like little She has a what do you call it Verbrado in her inner hum AnyWho I'm If you're not on Patreon, I'm either. We have two patreons. One is for rose Picks, one's for Board a F. But if you're listening and you're not on our Board a F Patreon, you stop there, you stupid. We could use the support. I'm just gonna be really honest. Things are crazy right now, and you'll get like lots of like full bonuses. Every single week we'll give you a bonus, and sometimes it's personal stories which are very embarrassing, and sometimes we dig deeper into stuff that's going on in the world. So sign up for bord af Patreon or rose Pricks or both, or whatever you need for yourself.
Speaker 1: All right, love you guys, we think you.
Speaker 3: We're sorry.
Speaker 1: We are sorry today. I am sorry. Yeah, I'm sorry too, Okay, bye bye