Speaker 1: Let's bring in my buddy A lemon Teau who stops by to talk about the All Poly Sports camp coming up. Alemma, Happy Tuesday, man, how you doing and doing fine?
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: Appreciate the time. Appreciate the time.
Speaker 1: So it's kind of your time of year as we're approaching the All Poly camp. But I've been interviewing you. I don't know, I feel like once a year for a long long time. So just before our listeners are unfamiliar, tell us about it. What do you want our listeners listeners to know from like a macro viewpoint about all poly sports.
Speaker 2: So right now we're rated the number one contact camp in the country non institutional camps by the College Coaches of America. We're excited about that. We're going on twenty seven years and we've had the opportunity of you know, waiting to see some great players come through and also see see the elevation of high school football here in the great state of Utah.
Speaker 1: So, Alemma, let's get some dates and locations. When is one of the actual camps going down and where they're going to be.
Speaker 2: Our right and start camp will be June seventeenth, and our college Prospect camp is going to be June eighteenth. Both will be held at the Lompeak Park here in Sandy.
Speaker 1: And over the years, as you reference, the high school football scene in our states has evolved and continues to evolve with players not just you know eleven. When I was growing up, it felt like all the best players went to either b Y you were Utah. Nothing wrong with that, But now we see players going all over the country and a number of players continue to go to the NFL to play pro football. Tell me a lemma from your vantage point, how the college football Excuse me, the high school football scene in the state of Utah has grown since you kind of started doing this.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you right now, I honestly believe that the coaching year in Utah at the high school level is awesome. We got a lot of outstanding coaches who are very committed to the game and who also great teachers, you know. Not only that, and outside of you know, the great coaches that we have here in the state of Utah, we have outstanding trainers. Guys that are taking kids I mean off season and really uh you know, honing in their skills. You know, I mean the skill position guys. Uh, you know, I mean are doing some great things. I know we've got you know, Matta Seattle does R Beast Training, does a great job with this linebackers, got the Offer training guys. They do a lot of stuff with the lineman competition, I know, protech trenches and uh boss skills. Uh. Those those are front guys that do a fabulous job. You know, we're we're we're known for for our front guys online d line guys. But people are underestimate the fact that we've had great quarterbacks come through City of Utah as well. You know, I mean, I think this year we got three of the best quarterbacks in the country at the high school level. With the Cosuma kid at Corner Canyon, you got the Little Patty kid at West and uh the Loone Pig kid kept up who met total, those three guys, in my opinion, are outstanding quarterbacks that are going to make us some noise this year.
Speaker 1: So probably should be very clear, Lama, I know this because I'm familiar with you, but the name of the camp is all poly sports.
Speaker 3: But you are open to everyone, Yes, open.
Speaker 2: To everyone, inclusive of any and all. So yeah, I originally started that way. But you know, as the village got bigger, and you know, we decided to make sure that everybody had the same opportunity. So you know, we've had great non pollom. These kids come through with the Kruger brothers. As you know, I had great careers, you know. Uh. And I see a kid very shimular to those guys and Crew Jones. You know, he's an outstanding defensive lineman you know up in the Cash County area who's doing a great job. And that guy's being recruited all over the country. So he came to Dark Camp last year and just look to everybody's trash and uh. You know, he's really big on the recruiting scene right now. And there'll be more guys like Kim uh from the few as well. So UH, I want to say this. Uh, in my opinion, there.
Speaker 4: Is a young man by the name of Kingston Stroshine.
Speaker 2: His dad runs Strofilm. It's uh. He's only in eighth grade, going into the ninth grade. I project him to be uh part of the top recruit out of the state of Utah within the next couple of years. He is that good and UH I look forward to seeing him in shoulder pads and doing this thing at camp this year.
Speaker 1: Give our listeners alemma an idea of just kind of the schedule how this camp works, uh, you know, what you do in the morning, the drills and such. Coaches that are present, give it. If we've got listeners who have some some some young man who they think might benefit from your camp.
Speaker 3: What's the feel like? What do you guys do.
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: But we have three sessions, Okay, each camp has three.
Speaker 2: First session, it's gonna be the home it's only kids will come through, run through positions, specific grills with the different college coaches, and then they're gonna put them into various teams. The second session, we'll start off with some some limited contact where we're gonna instill or install an offense and a defense. So the kids are gonna have to learn, you know, a scheme you know at college tempo during that second period, and then the third period we'll go through a review session and then we're gonna scrimmage at the end. And then during that time, you know, you see the cream rise to the top. And so over the years, we've had some very spirited uh scrimmage years, and you know, the the level of competition that that that shows itself at the end is amazing and so uh and you will see a lot of college coaches around there during that time, just kind of taking notes and uh sneak and peek at at kids from the different parts of the country.
Speaker 1: So so local college coach coaches from around the country checking out these kids. I wonder, Alemma, how you because we talked about the changing landscape of high school football in Utah and how it's grown. What about the landscape of college football in Utah. Somebody has been around football forever. Uh, what do you what do you make of the current state of the college game and the changes that have been implemented over the past four years.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, in a sense, man, it's it's kind of level of the playing field, you know. And then I mean, you know before back, you know what I mean, as recently as three four years ago, everybody was going to Alabama. You know. Now that's not the case anymore. I mean, you know, the dollar has taken over the game. You know, it's unfortunate because you know, you don't have the stability of the roster, and you know, from year to year, I mean ten years ago, you knew if you signed somewhere, the changes are you're going to be there for four to five years. Now the projection is, man, you got the average you guys are going to transfer two times, you know, which is unfortunate, Which is unfortunate because they don't get that that growth or that experience, you know, in one program. And so I mean, it's it's it's specially it's basically professional football now, you know, in all sense of the word. You know, they're they're following the uh, the NFL model. Everybody's got a GM now instead of a DFO, and those guys got to manage their roster and and you know, obviously they're paying the players now. So uh. And then what I'm finding out and the word I'm getting from a lot of the college coaches that I deal with is, you know, everybody is more.
Speaker 4: Concerned with what the NIL deal versus what.
Speaker 2: Kind of education can I get or how, you know, how can you develop me as a football player? Which which is you know. The sad thing now is I meet every year with a lot of the college guys and a lot of the lot of the recruiting courternators out of convention, and this year it was basically like, we just don't have the time to develop players anymore, so we got to recruit guys that can come in. Now that means, you know, only the top tier high school players are going to be able to get a shot to get that D one scholarship, you know. So it's it's different, you know. I mean there's a plus at a minus, you know, and so everybody's just going to have to adjust to it.
Speaker 1: So from a low take, oh yeah, great, Now, Now let me move over here, because from a local standpoint, you know, we're broadcasting a mile away from Rice Suckles, and we're the home of the Utes and have a good relationship with all the b YU guys as well.
Speaker 3: I mean, hell half of them coached here anyway.
Speaker 1: So how do you feel the Kyle and Kalani are positioned to make sure that they continue on the right path to make sure the b YU and b YU and Utah football can can keep having success.
Speaker 2: You know, I know this, They're they're only going to have access to good players. The problem isn't within b YU or Utah itself, is the outside guys that are run interference, you know with their best players. You know, there's you know, there are predators out there that are gonna go after their best players, and that to me is probably gonna be the hardest thing to do for our local schools is how do you keep those guys away from our best players? You know, that's that's that's a tough job moving forward, because no matter what Nancy double A says, hey man, you know, and outside source is gonna come in and say, hey they mee me have McDonald's, they got to brown back player, and that's the end of the story. You're you're gone, you know. So that's the biggest problem I see, and that that that's gonna that's gonna hurt them is both institutions do a great job recruiting and developing players and even taking players that are not even rating and turning them into four or five star level players. But can they keep on keep keep those guys on the roster? You know, that's tough part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean that that's kind of where my head is at. I mean, because as you know, Kyle's best teams, certainly if you go back to Sugar Bowl, go back to back twelve championships, like you know, the deal, like the ethos is we will develop you, and you know, if you're not ready to play right out of the gates, give us some time, put in the work, do what we ask you to do, and then when you're a third, fourth, fifth year guy, you'll be ready to roll, and so will we.
Speaker 3: I mean that's kind of always been the deal.
Speaker 1: Is that type of model sustainable Alemma in modern day college football?
Speaker 2: Geez? And honestly, I don't like the direction that college football is taken, and it's not. I don't think it's sustainable, you know, in my opinion, you know, just because you can't, I mean you can't. You can't if you can't keep your best players, you know, how do you expect to be good year in a year out? You know when you know that, yeah, I'm gonna I just sign a five star D lineman or whole lineman or whatever, knowing that, hey, if I don't give this guy enough playing time his freshman year, he's gone, you know. And if he's not happy with the offense tooot, he's gone. You know. So there's so many variables that are going to attack the game. I think it really to me, it handcuffs the coaches, you know, on how they can do their job. You know, they're expected to go out and recruit the best players they possibly can, you know, at the same time, you know, try to help these guys create these nil deals and then keep them happy.
Speaker 4: I mean, but then when you try to do that, shoot.
Speaker 2: What happens to the plan be guys that are in your backup guys, you know, I mean, they get left behind. So man, I you know, in the NFL you can do that. That's just part of the game. But to try to do that at the college level, I think it urged the game my personal opinion.
Speaker 1: Tell me, if you've noticed as you're working with these young players a difference in the attitude, a difference in the approach of both the players and I'll say the parents around them, are the groups around them now that there's so much money at stake Alemma, money immediately, not money in four or five years when they maybe they make the NFL. Now that these young men can make hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not more as an eighteen year old freshman.
Speaker 3: Have you noticed a change.
Speaker 1: In kind of the attitude of the young kids and the people around them that you work with every year?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm telling you right now. The difference is this.
Speaker 4: I mean, when I was sixteen, fifteen, sixteen, I.
Speaker 2: Was just I was just happy to be hanging out with my guys, playing ball in the park, you know, just doing fun things.
Speaker 4: You know. Now, hey, guys that at fifteen are.
Speaker 2: Getting financial planners, you know. I mean, you know, I mean, if you're that good of a player, you're going to have to start, you know, looking for the right kind of legal advice, the right kind of financial planner. People are starting to prep you for the next you know, six years of your life, you know. I mean it's so which in turn, I mean parents are different now too. Parents all feel like, you know that, hey, you know, my kids going to be the guy. So you know, they're they're into the negotiation game as well. I mean, all all the parents that are involved with the with the with the anile stuff, the recruiting stuff. You know, some of them get it, but a lot of them don't. And shoot, I think I think that hurts them. So the attitude of the kids have changed too, Like there's there's no loyalty even at the high school level. I mean, kid can play three different high schools in four years, you know, so everybody's going to try to go to where the best deal is. And that's a sad thing, right And you know, I've been a high school coach for for you know, thirty plus years. I love the development part and the long term relationship that you've been able to get with the athlete. Man, that's going by the wayside. That's going by the wayside, because even the high school kids are transferring after one and two years.
Speaker 1: So if you had any advice, if we have parents listening to the show who have a young promising football player, what advice would you give them?
Speaker 2: If you're as good as if the kids as good as as as everybody.
Speaker 4: Says he is he has, he would be.
Speaker 2: Okay where he's at, you know, he's They're gonna find them the way recruiting is right now. And if they find those guys, they you know, you know, each each Division one or PE four school they got paid a lot of money just to find the best players out there. So I mean, be careful not to you not to just jump and run, you know, I mean develop, you know, that's that's my thing. Develop and get better where you're at. You know, now, if it's you know, obviously I can't speak for everybody, but geez, you know, you're just you're just telling people that, hey, things get hard, you're gonna up and go, you know.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that helps your recruiting that much too, you know so, but I would tell them to, hey, make sure you surround yourself with good people that you trust, that have the best interest in mind, you know. And I meet with a lot of parents, say, a lot of people come to me and I tell them, hey, the landscape of the high school recruiting is different now, and so you need to learn how to manage it. You know, they're gonna have to learn how to deal with it. And so if you're in a position, if I'm a parent, I got a good kid, maybe I try to learn how to be a negotiating myself, you know, because then you got other services out there that are available. You know, you got to pay money for those, but you know that's up to you obviously. But you know, no one loves their kids more than their parents. So I always encouraged parents study, study the game, learn learn about it. You know, if you're in a position to do it, then go in and do it. If not, then reach reach out to other services that you have trust in and see if they can help you.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm up for so you lose one more time.
Speaker 1: All Poly Sports Camp, tell us the dates, tell us the location, all the good stuff you want our listeners to know.
Speaker 2: The Rising Start Camp is gonna be June seventeenth. Now, the one unique thing about the Writing Star Camp, going back to the recruiting conversation, is right now, we got to target these kids as any as we possibly can. So we hope to identify some of the top players in the country in the grade seven eight to nine at this year's camp. So, but that's gonna be June seventeenth. June eighteenth is our our college prospect camp. We're excited to get kids that come down and you know, and I mean because again one percent are gonna get the offers. The other ninety nine You need to be at the All Poly camp in friends of the twenty five different colleges there so you can showcase.
Speaker 1: So there you go, There you go. Thank you, my friend. I appreciate the time. Best of luck and reach out if you need.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you, have a great date.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Let me tell the website is Allpolysports dot com. That's all polysports dot com as you as an Alemma reference the dates. Rising Stars Camp will be June seventeenth at Lone Peak Park in Sandy and then the College Prospects twenty twenty five camp the next day at June twenty eighth, also at lone Peak Park.
Speaker 3: You get deals with early registration. You know what that has ended.
Speaker 1: Never mind, you still get deals right now as opposed to just walking up the day of the camp.
Speaker 3: So check it out.
Speaker 1: Allpolysports dot com is the website where you can get all the information all right. Tim McMahon is going to join us coming up next. Tim just released a piece on the Dallas Mavericks. According to Tim sources, and Tim would know, Dallas will not be trading the number one overall pick and they are going to draft themselves. A young man named Cooper flag Elema stops bot today courtesy of our friends at the Daybreak Home and Gardens Show, which coming up May the sixteenth through the eighteenth.
Speaker 3: It's the ballpark at America First Square.
Speaker 1: One one one one. That's a great address. Ballpark drive in South Jordan. Check out The Best Home Show dot Com is their website, so listen up.
Speaker 3: Palm owners.
Speaker 1: Spring is in the air, the birds are chirping, the flowers are blooming. Is your home or backyard sanctuary ready to enjoy the coming season? Go check out the new the New Daybreak Home and Garden Show coming to the Ballpark at America First Square May the sixteenth through the eighteenthe This new show will have something for every family member, so check it out. Vendors galore, home garden and patio, free games for the kids, free day seminars, and hourly free prizes. Come toward the exciting new tidy home from box House and tour the New Beast Ballpark.
Speaker 3: You can get your tickets now.
Speaker 1: It's going to be the most exciting, fun educational home show ever in Daybreak. Get tickets and information at the best homeshow dot com. Sponsored by our friends at bullfrog Spos