Speaker 1: God channeling is dinner Clerk.
Speaker 2: Get them Dives makes the cat backhand sign.
Speaker 3: Dustin off that gold globe said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 4: Wanna take your shot?
Speaker 3: We're waiting for you.
Speaker 5: Think you're looking real hot, Come and get it.
Speaker 4: We're here.
Speaker 3: The road comes through La.
Speaker 4: Come get it. If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 1: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 4: I got it.
Speaker 2: Best overall, Miss Dan Klass Padres.
Speaker 4: Fans can line up to kiss our ring. You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot.
Speaker 5: Welcome to Dodgers on Tech. Now your host walking you up to first pitch.
Speaker 6: Tim kas Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Mulrongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck, your official Dodger pregame show. As your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers sit at thirty seven and twenty five on this season. All good things must come to an end, and today this seven game homestand wraps up this all New York homestand against the Yankees and Mets comes to and in in the final game of this four game set with the New York Mets, says landon Knack is on the map. Of this series finale. First pitch from Dodger Stadium is coming up at one ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Morogo Casino Dodgers on deck, including check it in with David Vase, our Dodger in signer.
Speaker 1: He'll go one on one with.
Speaker 6: Reliever Jack Dreyer. We got a preview of this pitching matchup. We'll hear from the Dodger manager, Dave Roberts. That's coming up in about twenty minutes. We got your Dodgers' magical moment coming up in thirty minutes. Shortly, we'll visit with Kirsten Watson live on the field at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 1: On this June gloom Thursday.
Speaker 6: Now after nude in a few minutes, we'll head out to the Galpamotors broadcast booth and here from Tim Neverert.
Speaker 1: And Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 6: Last night out at the Ravine, the Dodgers got into some early trouble before Tony Gonsolin settled in, but the offense was nowhere to be found until the ninth inning. Tony Gonsolin got to the start and in the first inning put the Dodgers in a hole, Juan Soto in RBI, ground out, scoring Francisco Lindor, and just like that, three batters into the game, the Mets had a one nothing lead, and then the very next batter they made it three nothing.
Speaker 7: Infield will come in even with the bags all the way around, runner at third, one out, Pete Alonzo up two eighty six average for Alonzo, twelve home runs, forty eight runs batted in these swings. It's a long drive right center field. This ball headed back, it is gone. It's a home run for Alonzo, a two run shot in the Mets breakout to a three nothing lead. Thirteenth home run of the season for Alonzo.
Speaker 6: The Polo Bear goes opposite field, two run home run. Four batters into the game, the Mets had a.
Speaker 1: Three to nothing lead.
Speaker 6: All Tony Gonsol would actually settle in putting up zeros the rest of the way. He went five innings, gave up those three early runs, the three hits, struck out six along the way. The only problem is the Dodgers offense was nowhere to be found to help him out to get back into the game. It was only three to nothing until the eighth inning when Pete Alonso again went deep, this time a three run home run off of Ryan lutas As that made it a six nothing New York Mets lead. Finally, the Dodgers offense and the ninth inning got on the board thanks to Andy.
Speaker 7: Paez two oh and Andy piz reps one deep to left center field.
Speaker 3: This one back and gone.
Speaker 7: Andy pies with a ninth inning homer, his twelfth of the seasons, his third hit of the night, and the Dodgers will not be shutouts. It is six to one.
Speaker 6: Andy Pie has the solo home run in the ninth That's the top tier play of the game, brought to you by Arco Quality, top tier gas for less the Dodgers. He's had six hits in the game last night, as you hear tid never just say. Three of them came from Andy Potreez, including that solo home run. Potez goes three for four drivers in the only Dodger run of the game. Show Hey Otani had two hits and the sixth hit came from Dalton rushing. The Dodgers just didn't have opportunities. They were zero for four runners in scoring position. They stranded only eleven or seven base runners in the game last night. They just didn't have the opportunities on offense, as the Dodgers fall to the Mets six to one. Griffin Canning at a UCLA lookout. He's now six and two on this season. He gets the win Tony gonsrom the loss, he falls the three and two on the season. Dodgers thirty seven and twenty five, clinging to a one game lead in the NL West. They are down twenty two and eleven at home, and today they wrap up this all New York home stand with the final game against the New York Mets. Landon knack on the mound, first pitch of one ten and with more. Let's head out to the game up and Motors Broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Neverett and Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 7: Tim Overcast are at Dodgers Stadium on this Thursday afternoon as the Dodgers and Mets get set to wrap up this four game series. The Mets a game and a half in front of the Phillies and the standings they have won four of six from the Dodgers this season. Meantime, the Dodgers a game up on the padres thirty seven and twenty five. Left hander David Peterson is on the mound for the Mets, four and two and a two six nine earn run average, Land and Neck the right hander we'll go after the Mets today. He's three and two in a four to five eight as far as his run average is concerned, and Mo, as we look back on last night's game, it got away in the first inning and this never got better after that.
Speaker 2: No, it didn't hit batter the very first batter, and then there was an air that was committed. That was the Sanka Bay's kick he herenedis and then the RBI on the ground out by Soda, and then Pete Lonzom, who's really been a thorn in the side for this Dodger bucklub this year, the two run home run first pitch that he saw at first inning. The Dodgers never really got anything going a lot, and so also hit his second home run that came in the eighth inning. But the Dodgers were an offensive standpoint. We kept talking about it last night, only in the eighth inning. Finally, in the eighth inning last night, the Dodgers had the leadoff man that actually got aboard and unfortunately did not come around and score. The lone run was on Andy Pahz hit the home run with one out in the ninth inning. So the Dodgers kind of mystified by the pitching of the New York Mets. And as you mentioned, for the Mets winning as many games against the Dodgers, that's a big, big deal in losing potential home field advantage in postseason play.
Speaker 7: And as far as pitching against the Dodgers, how about this for a number they're eer the Mets against the Dodgers is two and a half runs lower than the rest of Major League Baseball. Rest of Major League Baseball has an ERA over five and a half against the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: What are the Mets doing.
Speaker 2: Well, They're doing a lot that's right, including changing speeds. And that's what we're going to see today with David Peterson, the left handers on the mouth Dodgers.
Speaker 4: YO.
Speaker 2: You look back of recent times on the sixteenth of May, since that time, the Dodgers are eight and ten, two games below five hundred. The starting rotation in that period of time as an ERA of over four and a half, starting pitchers have delivered the fewest innings of any team in Major League Baseball. What does that mean. It's been a heavy, heavy workload for this bullpen and they need some innings from Landon Nack here this afternoon.
Speaker 7: In that other clubhouse, credit where credit is due. Pete Alonzo, who for a while didn't know if he'd be back with the Mets, who not. They re signed him and they're probably really glad they did. He leads the club in home runs with fourteen, had two of them in the game last night. He drove in five of the six Mets runs. He now has twenty two multi home run games in his career. He is tied for the most number of multi home run games in Mets history with Darryl Strawber.
Speaker 2: The other thing to Tim the Dodgers, we talked about this. They're in a tough stretch of their schedule. It never gets easy at the major league level to begin with. But he's going to rest a couple of guys today, that being Freddie Freeman not in the initial lineup, nor is Max Munsey, So it's going to be Kick Hernanez at first base and Miguel Rojas will be at third to begin things off. Tommy Edmund, by the way, has been nursing that the sore ankle is in the lineup.
Speaker 4: He's at second base.
Speaker 7: So the Dodgers trying to salvage a split in this four game series before heading off after the game to Saint Louis to begin a three game series with the Cardinals starting tomorrow at Bush Stadium. But first things first, it's the Dodgers and the Mets. Dodgers looking for win number thirty eight today.
Speaker 6: Tim All right, thank you guys, as we count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, Hey, perfect time to grab that game day meal. It's lunchtime. Get word to Shakey's Pizza parlor. You can order right now that Shakey's Pizza, chickin and moojos all at Shaky's dot com. All right, Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're going to hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We'll check in with David Vaste. He'll go one on one with left handed reliever Jack. What a great presence he has been in that Dodgers colpin along with Ncasparrius will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. But up back to your Otani rewind Hey, we visit with Kirsten and Watson from Sports and at LA live on the field as we lead you up to Dodgers and Mets on this Thursday.
Speaker 1: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Kasis, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Mets were wrapping up this four game set landon Nack. Leftander David Peterson the pitching matchup in this series finale.
Speaker 1: First pitch coming up at one ten.
Speaker 5: This is the Otani ree.
Speaker 7: Why didn't really hear any negative reviews about it? And Otani rips a single to right field of the first pitch and show hey, is a board with two down and there's a ground ball right side. That's throw with the right field of bay ship. Second hit of the night for show Hey and elite off single. It's the first time the Dodgers have the leadoff man aboard in the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Show Hey.
Speaker 6: Tani last night had two of the Dodgers six hits. He was two or for four struck out and now brings his average up to two ninety two on the season. Unfortunately, the Dodgers lost to the Mets last night six to one.
Speaker 5: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 6: Hey, Kirston now joins us from the field that Dodgers Dandy brought to you buy cars for kids.
Speaker 1: Ready to donate your old car?
Speaker 6: Call eight seven seven Cars for Kids right now, Friendly agents standing by to take your donation.
Speaker 1: That's cars with the K to donate your car today.
Speaker 6: This homestand wraps up today, this all New York homestand coming to a conclusion with this four game series against the Mets ending today. Land and Knack on the mound, and the lineup looks a little different, Kirston, it does.
Speaker 8: So no Freddy Freeman, and we saw him come out late in the game yesterday. A part about was due to the score, and also that's because Dave Roberts just wanted to get Freddy off of his feet there about said go on the road. And so you've now had what three against the Yankees, four against the Mets, and then three in Saint Louis, three in San Diego, So it is quite a long stretch. So just to get Freddie off of his seat, that was the thing for last night and he even shared that today that was going to be the case, So just a good off day for him before the road trip. Then you've got Max Monsey, he is down today similar kind to give him a little data kind of reset. There are a lot of games coming ahead and still left in this season, so with those two guys not in there, and then you do have Tommy's back, which is a good sign because of course that ankle has been bothering him a little bit as of late. So just the fact that that feels good, that's that's huge for him, and they do kind of think they're I'll keep an eye on that ankle, but they're in the clear for now.
Speaker 6: James Autman in the locker room, Ruiz in the clubhouse as well. They got some guys on standby, but it sounds like AOK as far as the injury concerns.
Speaker 1: According to Dave.
Speaker 8: Roberts, Yeah, exactly. So James was here because also so we know that uduis is here because keeping an eye on Tommy Edmond. But the fact that Tommy felt better after doing some work yesterday, he feels good today, good enough to be of course in the lineup. So he was on standby for him, and then James came in because so we saw a hayst on Tim take a foul ball off of his leg, and for him it was not bothering him a bit, but ultimately he feels good enough to go. So Dave was saying, they're actually going to be sending both sda Uri as well as James back to Okay.
Speaker 6: See, just as soon as they arrived back on a plane to Oklahoma City, speak about getting on a plane, cure tod. This Dodgers team going to go on a big road trip here starting tomorrow in Saint Louis, three game set against the Cardinals and then the series. Everybody's been waiting for the four against the Padres.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, it's so crazy to think that finally the Padres and finally the MS Magic. It's crazy to think that we haven't seen them or the Giants this year. So we know it's going to It's always a division rival, it's always Electric, so hey, we'll see it. Supposely there is some rain in the forecast for Saint Louis, which is never fun, but I know we're all ready for a little battle in San Diego giving the Electric one.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be fantastic, But first things first, take care of business today against the Mets.
Speaker 1: Thank you guriously. We'll check in with you after the game. Still to come.
Speaker 6: Here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David vasegoes one on one with Jack Dryer. But up next we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts, as we lead you up to Dodgers and Mets on this Thursday afternoon, first pitch of one ten. I'm Tim Kakson. This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue whole season.
Speaker 6: Law Law Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Thursday, as we lead you up to first pitching Dodgers Stadium, Dodgers and the Mets, Marongo Casino Resort and Spa. A grand slam for good times. Landing that David Peterson, the pitching met for spitch at one tens.
Speaker 5: He's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 6: Presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. He's spending a lot of time on injuries, and rightfully so. The Dodgers banged up. Tommy Edmond though back in the lineup feeling good. Sounds like reinforcements are on the way. More on that coming up throughout Dodgers on deck, Herbieyate to Michael Kopek on the horizon, even further down the line, Blake trying and Bruce dar garrattle. How far down the line? Probably a while? How about Tyler Glass now Blake Snell. They're working on their throwing programs, hoping to come back, and again keep saying his name, Emmitt Sheen, a name to keep in mind, working his way back from Tommy John surgery. May forgot about Imma she and missed all the last year. He's in Triple A, Oklahoma City, getting some innings underneath his belt as he works his way back.
Speaker 1: Hopefully as another arm in this Dodgers rotation.
Speaker 6: All right, let's head back out to Dodger Statium and get the pregame thought to the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 4: Anything questions for Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in the.
Speaker 5: Dug out with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 9: Heard they did they did. Both of them came out well, and uh, I think as we look today, there's a good possibility this weekend both guys being active.
Speaker 5: Did you could just see anything with Michael that they kind of were looking to may the adjusted that they liked to regarding.
Speaker 4: To just advantage.
Speaker 9: I think with Michael we talked about, you know, the stuff over command yesterday. Uh, I think they feel good with his delivery. Came out of yesterday really well, and I think going forward it's just kind of a sequence pitch mixed type thing, but feel good where his stuff is at though is out.
Speaker 10: And also time seen.
Speaker 4: James is here.
Speaker 9: Haysong took that ball off the off the or fouled the ball off his foot the other day. So we were just kind of just wanted to bring James and then a sturry here with obviously with Tommy kind of influx a little bit too. So he brought both guys and it looks like we're out of the clear with those two active guys, so we'll send those other two guys home later.
Speaker 2: How is your conversation with you care.
Speaker 9: I'm still trying to recover a lot to unpack with him.
Speaker 4: No, it was good.
Speaker 9: I think It was just more of talking about, you know, the state of our ball club and just kind of giving a rundown and just kind of catching up. It was a good it was a really helpful conversation.
Speaker 1: All Right, there's a manager, Dave Roberts down in the dug gut.
Speaker 6: As we continue here on Wrongo Causino Dodgers on deck, we will check in with David Vaz say get you all the latest is we lead you up to first pitch on this Thursday, Dodgers and the Mets, final game of the home stand.
Speaker 1: First pitch of one ten.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim kase is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Nework.
Speaker 5: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and New York Mets, final game of this four game series, final game of this all New York homestand landing NAT David Peters in the left hander. The pitching matchup will dive deeper into the numbers coming up in just a little bit. First pitch set for one ten.
Speaker 5: Joining Tim kats on Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 3: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 5: This is Dodger insider David Base.
Speaker 6: All right, DV, we just served from the manager, Dave Roberts. He said it again, feels like reinforcements for this bullpen are getting close to coming back.
Speaker 3: That's right, Tim, Michael Kopek and Kirby Eight's on their way back for reinserforcements for the Dodgers. Kirby and Copeck each through a I think we got the interview room up here. I hear the fans down there in the interview room where Dave Roberts speaks, So you know, there we go some crowd noise, but yeah, Kirby Yates, I mean that was cheering for Michael Kopek and Kirby Yates right there.
Speaker 4: Tim.
Speaker 3: Kirby Yates will be back over the weekend. There is a good chance that he may return in San Diego. But the good news is Yates is coming back. Michael Kopek as well, coming back after nine rehab appearances. So the Dodger bullpen is getting reinforcements.
Speaker 1: Dam is brought to you by four.
Speaker 6: There's one thing we like his choices, fine yours with the four f one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough. This Mark can only be called the f one fifty. The flu is contagious, certainly, David, we know that when flu season comes around, broken toes are contagious.
Speaker 3: Now, what's going on specifically for shortstops. Mookie Betts banged his toe trying to walk to the bathroom in the middle of the night last week. Francisco Lindora a more conventional way for a baseball player to unfortunately break one of his toes, and that was last night. First at bat of the game, Tony Gonsolin hit Lindor with a slider and we found out today that Lindor is not in the starting lineup today because he also has a broken toe. It's his left foot as well. Here's what Lindor told us before the game.
Speaker 10: I'll let you off to the game. It's not fun. I mean, it's fun to watch the boys, but I want to participa bay as well, So I'll be there supporting him and.
Speaker 4: Hopefully I can guess back in there soon.
Speaker 3: All right, So, Francisco Lindor missing out on the final game of this season series for the Dodgers, and same thing with Lindor as Mookie Betts. It's a pain tolerance thing that he is hoping to avoid the injured list, but the catman broke Lindor's foot yesterday.
Speaker 1: Tim, and we hear about the total.
Speaker 6: We hear about the All Star voting, and certainly the stars and the big MVPs get consideration.
Speaker 1: For All Star nods and going to Atlanta this year.
Speaker 6: But a guy like Andy Pai has Last night he had half of the Dodgers offense. He scored their only run with that solo home run in the ninth inning, very quietly having himself a really good season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you look at what Andy Pai has has done. He has more home runs than te Oscar Hernandez. Paz has the fifth most home runs of any outfielder in the National League. He has twelve, tight with O'Neil Cruz and Kyle Tucker. His RBI total is right there as well, thirty nine RBIs. He's outperforming Tim Fernando Tatist Junior. Obviously, when it comes to guys like Sodo and Tattist Junior, it becomes a popularity contest. But Andy Piz deserved serious consideration to be part of the National League All Star Team. If this continues, no.
Speaker 1: Doubt, you reward a guy for what he's done the first half of the season.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 6: DV time now for the Dodger Derby, brought to you by Santa Anita Park, with racing starting again tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday. Only two more weeks of racing this spring season at Santa Anita.
Speaker 1: We're gonna pick the fourth race tomorrow.
Speaker 6: That's it, and then they go down to del Mar for the summer and back to Santa Anita in the fall. We're looking at the fourth race tomorrow, five and a half furlongs on the dirt. It is currently a seven horse race.
Speaker 1: Who do you like in this one?
Speaker 3: I'm going with the number one horse just because a perfect path.
Speaker 10: I love it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with Hula Prance or Hula Prance or the five horse. Good luck to you.
Speaker 6: Dv as time now of course for San Anita Derby. Ninety years of horse racing there, celebrating Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Just a few more weekends you can get out there with millions and payouts every race day, get on track for the Belmont Day Wine festival and Father's Day which is closing day. Experience all of it. It's Santa Anita dot Com slash events. We continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll hear from Jack Dryer. We'll dive deeper into this pitching. But I'm next your Dodgers Magical Moment Dodgers Mets first pitch at one ten. I'm Tim Kats' the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and Mets landing next David Peterson the pitching matchup in this series finale first pitching Dodgers Stadium was coming up at one ten.
Speaker 10: Without a hot dog.
Speaker 5: Who wants the hot It's time for the hawfe Magical Moment pitch Magical present by Hawfey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 6: With the Dodgers taking on the Mets, we go back to the glorious year of nineteen eighty eight and the NLCS Dodgers taking on the Mets at Shay Stadium, Game four. Remember the Mets a two to one series lead. They led this game until the ninth inning. Dwight Gooden was cruising. However, he walked John Shelby to lead off the ninth after having a two strike count that brought up Mike Sooshia.
Speaker 5: Soosha had to play Hernandez playing back of the runner at first, and that's ripped to right field. That deep Strawberry goes back.
Speaker 3: She's gone.
Speaker 5: Mike Soosha with thirty five home runs in eight and a half years in the major.
Speaker 11: Leagues, and we talked about him throughout the series. Big gets strong, but realis contacted her a man who doesn't strike out a lot and who doesn't hit very many home runs, averaging about four per season. HiT's the biggest of his career. It wasn't the home run, it was the walk, and he.
Speaker 3: Had a solo homer with nobody on it be a four to three ball game.
Speaker 1: Jared Powellson, that's right.
Speaker 6: That walk was hughes, Al Michaels and Tim McCarver on the call. Mike Soosha's game tying two run home run at the top of the ninth off Dwight Good and Kurt Gibson. In the top of the twelfth, wh hit his solo home run to break open the game five to four. In the bottom of the twelve, Jesse Orosco had the bases loaded, Tommy Lasorda not happy with it, only one guy left in the bullpen.
Speaker 1: Who could they go to?
Speaker 6: It was the Bulldog Oral Hersheiser, who got the save. The Dodgers get the win, a huge win to tie that series up at two games apiece, and game they would play then less than eleven hours later the next day, the Dodgers would take a three to two series leading go on to the World Series and of course win the nineteen eighty eight World Series. This hoppy magical moment brought to you by Hoppy hot Dogs, Hoppey so Caow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hoppy hot Dogs Local so great. Can we continue here on Dodgers on Debt. We'll checking ol Rick Monday leading you up to first pitch Dodgers and Mets. I'm Tim Kais's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season.
Speaker 6: Long, Dodgers and Mets landing ack David Peterson, the left hand of the pitching matchup. Time now for the Dodgers' game plan. What's you game plan? Dodger fans? How about starting your future to California community college financial aids available to help you with tuition, books, sometimes even the rent.
Speaker 1: It's time to take that next big step.
Speaker 6: Classes can fill up quickly, so en roll today and I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 5: And now joined by David Bassey, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Rick.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers are changing it up today against left hander David Peterson with Keith k Hernandez at first base and Miguel Rojas at third.
Speaker 2: That means no Freddy Freeman and no Max Bunsey in the lineup at least to begin with. Hopefully they mix it up and get some runners on base. You know, you start to look at the offense last night it was really just shut down. Even though they had more hits six than what the the Mets had that was being four, but they only had one inning the Dodgers last night where they had the leadoff man reached base and that did not happen until the eighth inning. Not enough runners on base, and obviously last night losing it by a score of six to one, and could have been a better beginning, no question about it, because in that very first Enny Gonsolin the second pitch of the game hit the leadoff hitter, and then there was an air of very costly air by kicking Hernanez.
Speaker 4: On the ball hit to him. He just simply did not come up with it.
Speaker 2: There's a stolen base and infield out and then the two run blasts by Pete Alonso, the first of two home runs that Alonzo was hitting in last night's game. So the other part, too, is the Dodgers kneed desperately some innings. And this sounds like a broken record, we're saying it again, but Landon Axt starting and the Dodgers need to start putting some more innings under the belts of the starting pitching because it's work overload for the bullpen.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Last time Landon Knack pitched, he was pitching with a ten tohing lead against the Yankees and he went six innings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he also faced the Mets, and even though he was tagged with a loss in that, you know, he only gave up three runs. Just one of those was earned. There was a defensive miscue behind him in that particular ball game. But the Dodgers have to get it going more so from an offensive standpoint, and it's kind of crazy as hey get it going from an offensive standpoint, because the numbers David show the Dodgers had the best team batting average in baseball.
Speaker 4: It shows the Dodgers have the most.
Speaker 2: Run scored of any team in Major League Baseball, and it also shows that they have hit more home runs than any other team in Major League Baseball. However, if you look at the EER, they're twenty second down the line in that area and they're twenty fifth.
Speaker 4: They haven't given up too many. Well, they've given up a lot of home runs. Only four teams have allowed more they've had in the ballpark than what the Dodgers have had.
Speaker 2: I thought last night was a very lackluster appearing game and they need to kick it in gear and.
Speaker 4: Walk away disappointing.
Speaker 2: Also, because the Mets are the second team now, the Dodgers have lost the potential home field advantage in postseason play. They've also lost that advantage against the Gogo Cubs.
Speaker 3: The one player that did show up last night was Andy Poe has three hits, including a double and his twelfth home run of the year. Rick, I know we talked a lot about Pat Has the beginning of the year. It's pretty impressive for him to turn his season around the way he has.
Speaker 2: And I think that the home three hits that he had in last night's game the third in the last five games on the home run department. I think he's grown leaps and bounds in particular because I mentioned last year in the first part of this season, he did not handle the ball away from him, didn't have good bleat coverage on pitches away talking about the outer maybe one fourth maybe one third of the plate. Well, he's understood now how to handle that pitch a little bit more, handles the ball inside very very well, and now he's beginning to take charge of that ball that is out away from him as well.
Speaker 3: I just can't believe a guy that was struggling as much as he was defensively and offensively now be in the conversation amongst some of the best outfielders in the National League.
Speaker 2: Well, if we look at the defense I've been talking from last year to this year too, and talking with Dino Evil, is that pa has was having one foot, his right foot in the air when the ball is crossing home bleet. He couldn't move to his left until that right foot came down. Now He's got both feet on the ground much much more rapidly, and he's able to move here and there. I think the other part, too, is he has more confidence now playing in center field than he did before because he understands a the hitters be the defensive alignment, and he trusts the fact he can get a good jump.
Speaker 3: And the vibe around the clubhouse is Paes doesn't feel like a rookie anymore either.
Speaker 4: Good good, don't feel your way through it? Own it?
Speaker 3: Hey, I like that, Rick, I'm gonna live through that. On this upcoming road trip, I'm gonna own Saint Louis.
Speaker 2: Oh well, yeah, well you might want to visit the arch. Glad he can make a trip. We missed your last last trip.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Rick.
Speaker 3: Maybe you can explain the arch to me when we get there. We'll try, all right, Thanks, Temple'll send it back to you in the studio, right.
Speaker 6: Thanks a lot, guys still to come here. I'm Wrongo Causino Dodgers on deck. We'll give you a preview of this pitching Matt shop. Rick will be back with Tim Neffert as they get to the keys to the game. But I'm to actually go high and tell you one of the strong points of this Dodgers bullpen this year, Chack Dryer, the leftender. It was one on one with David Vat stating next as we lead you up to Dodgers and Mets on this Thursday, first pitch of one ten, I'm Tim Kasey's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: As we were saying yes is Marongo Casino. Dodgers on tech on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Lead you up to Dodgers and Mets on this Thursday after noon, landing Neck and David Peterson. The pitching matchup will dive deeper into the numbers coming up. Get just a couple of minutes. Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by Zenchi Sushi.
Speaker 5: Enjoy it.
Speaker 6: It's a quick and affordable meal the whole family can enjoy Zench handcrafted sushi. You got the tuna rolls, to salmon rolls, to tim Perr shrimp rolls. They got the platters, they got the poke balls. They make it fresh on site daily by professionally trained sushi chefs with precision past and or tradition. You can taste where can you find it well? It's at the Zench counter, right near the deli counter, right Ralph's Zench Sushi, always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 5: David, and now what will likely be Vesse fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 1: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 5: This is high and tight.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers and Mets wrapping up this four game series at Dodgers Stadium, and we're joined right now by rookie reliever Jack Dryer, who has made such a big impact on this team. Jack, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 10: Appreciate it absolutely, thank you for having me.
Speaker 3: I mean, you and Ben Casparius, I have declared the MVPs of this bullpen. What's it like to be leaned upon and deliver when asked?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean it's great.
Speaker 12: I think the biggest thing is just knowing that, you know, the mindset for all of the guys in the bullpen is it's next guy up. So whenever the team needs outs and the phone rings, whoever's name gets called, we know is the best guy for the job.
Speaker 3: Jack Dryer and Ben Casparius's name has been synonymous so many times this year, and it's fitting that you guys go way back to the beginning of your professional careers.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's right, same draft class.
Speaker 12: I think this is you know, year four or five of us together, and we've lived together at just about every level of minor league affiliates, so we know each other pretty well.
Speaker 3: How have you seen Casparius' career grow and evolve?
Speaker 10: It's great.
Speaker 12: You know, he started as a starter and I've always been a reliever, so you know, our paths didn't cross too much at the field, but now that he's become a reliever, it's nice getting to spend more time with him and stuff like that.
Speaker 10: So it's been really good.
Speaker 3: I've asked him about that interesting delivery where he goes from one side of the rubber to the other.
Speaker 4: When did he start that?
Speaker 12: He has always been doing that, and that's something that you know, we've kind of talked about in the bullpen. When we watch him, it's it's kind of incredible how big of a step he takes. But you know, whatever works, and he's obviously been dominating, so don't change anything.
Speaker 3: What's he like as a roommate, because he seems to be like a very confident guy from Connecticut. He has that New York swag, even though he's from Connecticut.
Speaker 12: No, Yeah, he's he's great, you know, keeps things clean, which is important for me. Yeah, and you know, he's great with connections, so whenever we're in different cities, he's able to get us into dinners and stuff like that.
Speaker 10: So I'm very thankful for that.
Speaker 12: You know, he's been able to give me a lot of experiences that otherwise I wouldn't have had.
Speaker 3: Hey, I saw him in New York. He was at some clothing places. He's become an influencer, I.
Speaker 10: Mean rightfully, so I think he has great style.
Speaker 12: So if other people want to take a little cut out from what he does, I think it'd be a good idea.
Speaker 3: Did you tap into some of those influencing opportunities with him in New York?
Speaker 12: Yeah, we we both went to the MLB headquarters and got a tour of that and stuff, which was really cool to kind of see how the you know, video review system works and stuff like that. But other than that, you know, he he knows New York a lot better than I do, so he kind of knows the places to go, and I was it was my first time, so that was pretty fun.
Speaker 3: A lot of players don't know what goes into that MLB review headquart orders. Does it give you a greater appreciation or understanding of how they make decisions on challenges?
Speaker 12: Yeah, absolutely, It's it's pretty cool the setup they have. There's so many monitors in there, and when a review happens, it kind of gets flashed up on the board.
Speaker 10: They have a countdown clock.
Speaker 12: That's going so they know, you know, how long they've been taking on a review and stuff like that, and it it definitely seems like a very stressful environment when when there are challenges coming in, but it would be it would be pretty fun to see in person.
Speaker 3: Jack Dreyer is our guest in front of first pitch between the Dodgers and Mets. And Jack's a great kid and loves being a professional baseball player. And you got a lot of kids inside of you because you told me you started to get back into buying baseball cards.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 12: One of the things that I did at the MLB headquarters was was buy a few boxes of cards and so I'm really excited to open them and you know, see who I get because I don't know anything about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, have you have you been able to pull any Anthony banda baseball cards. He seems so so happy and thrilled to be here today.
Speaker 10: I actually haven't opened any of the boxes yet. I'm keeping them.
Speaker 12: I might save them till after the season, but yeah, hopefully I pull all of the bandit cards.
Speaker 3: What got you inspired to get into baseball cards and opening the packs? Because we all love that. It's like Christmas every time you open one.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 12: I've always been huge into collecting things, and so when I was younger, my dad had hundreds of cards from when he was a kid, but I never had any of my own, so I would just kind of organize the ones that he had given me. So now that I've bought some newer cards, now I can kind of rekindle that old passion that I had.
Speaker 3: I didn't ask you this the other day, but what are you waiting for?
Speaker 10: I think, just, you know, maybe some free time. There aren't many off days here.
Speaker 12: If I get, you know, maybe the All Star break or an off day here there, I'll start ripping some packs open and see what I can get.
Speaker 3: Okay, not a lot to do in Saint Louis. Jack, you might want to bring a box with you.
Speaker 10: That's actually a pretty good idea.
Speaker 3: I might do that, all right, and you never know, you might see Jack Dryer. If you see that Captain Morgan facial hair at a baseball card shop and Ventura Boulevard, that's Jack Dryer.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I've gotten Captain Morgan. I've also gotten Jack Sparrow quite a bit so, so both of those. Yeah, which one do you prefer? I mean Jack Sparrow. We share the same name, so I think I'm gonna go with that one.
Speaker 3: Jack sounds good. Thanks a lot for the time, and can't wait to hear which baseball cards you pull.
Speaker 10: Yes, I'm very excited. Thank you for having me there.
Speaker 3: He is the man, Jack Dryer, Him and Ben Casparrius have been so big in their rookie seasons with the Dodgers in the bullpen. He will receive a gift card to Javier's the original on Newport Beach and of course a new location in downtown.
Speaker 4: Tim.
Speaker 3: We'll send it back to you in the.
Speaker 1: Studio, all right, Thanks a lot.
Speaker 6: DV one card Jack Dryer will not be pulling when he rips open those packs.
Speaker 1: Is his own card.
Speaker 6: Come on, tops, come on, bowman, we need a Jack Drier Dodgers baseball card. All he's got out there is minor league cards from Tulsa and Oklahoma City you can find on the secondary market.
Speaker 1: But let's go tops.
Speaker 6: Come on, Bowman, we need Jack Dryer Baseball card, a rookie card for the Dodger left handed reliever. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day as shakys dot Com leading you up to first pitch Dodgers and the Mets up next, We're gonna break down this pitching matchup.
Speaker 1: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim kase Is, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball Dodgers Mets.
Speaker 1: First pitch from Dodger Stadium is coming up at one.
Speaker 5: Ten and now before the Dodgers hit the di neck, we look at the pitching.
Speaker 6: Matchup presented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Work harding playhard at a New Tacoma with an I Force Turbo charts engine. It's a truck built for the bold. See your Toyota dealers today. They make it easy. David Peterson on the mound four and two with a two sixty nine ERA for the Mets. Twenty nine year old left hander, former first round pick in twenty seventeen out of Oregon season in the Big Leagues, making his twelve start this season last time out five and two third innings, one run, five hits, five strikeouts in a win over the Rockies. He faced the Dodgers about two weeks ago in New York at City Field, seven to two third innings, his longest outing of the year two runs, five hits, seven strikeouts in a win. His slider is his pitch twenty three percent of the time he throws it. He's got fifty nine strikeouts, thirty one of which have come on that slider. Landing knack on the mound for the Dodgers three and two, four fifty eight ERA. Twenty seven year old right hander been up and down this season from Triple A. Making his seventh start, eighth or ninth appearance last time out pretty good six innings, allowed just one run on five hits while striking out six part of a blowout eighteen to two win over the Yankees on Saturday. Landon Nack David Peterson, Dodgers Mets. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch.
Speaker 1: Keys to the game.
Speaker 6: Our next I'm Tim Kasey's World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Tack. Not your home for the Blue All season Law.
Speaker 6: Dodgers met Landing Neck David Peterson. The pitching matchup. When the Boys in Blue play at home, it's important they have the right plan to protect their house. Dodgers need to protect Dodger Stadium today in this series finale against New York. The same applies to your home. Always have a plan and follow fire safety tips. It's important before set up a campfire, make sure to get a permit from CalFire and check the local restrictions. Know how to properly set up a campfire and extinguish it using the drownedstir and field method. That's important. Always have a water supply and shovel nearby to extinguish your campfire. Properly maintain car breaks so there's no metal to metal grinding in contact that can cause a spark, and then start a fire.
Speaker 1: That's important.
Speaker 6: For more information about these tips and to find out others, visit fire dot CA dot gov. All right, back out to the booth one final time before first pitch tip never Rick Monday, guests.
Speaker 7: Tim, thanks again. We're counting it down to the first pitch here at overcast Dodgers Stadium as the Dodgers and Mets get set the up this four game series and the Dodgers wrapping up this home stand before heading out to Saint Louis right after the game start a series with the Cardinals tomorrow. But Landon Knack had a really good outing last time out. He beat the Yankees Saturday, giving up just one run over six innings, and the Dodger bats really showed up in that eighteen to two blowout. But Nac did the job against the Yankees. He did face the Mets back on the twenty fifth of May. Pitched pretty well, but it didn't work out.
Speaker 4: Real well for the ball club. No, it didn't.
Speaker 2: In that game against the Mets, there was an air in the very first inning and then the first pitch to Pete Alonzo was the two run home runs. So of the three runs that was charged to Nack, only one of those was earned. The Dodgers just had not played consistently clean baseball, as Dave Roberts refers to it, and they need to figure out for David Peterson the auspeed pitch. Peterson against the Dodgers at City Field on that trip back east that was on the twenty fourth of May, went seven and two thirds, allowed just two runs, five hits. But the big deal three the ground bowl double plays, so we've got two pitchers opposite side of the spectrum. Peterson gets ground bawls for a landing neck fly ball pitcher, and.
Speaker 7: The ground balls turn into outs for Peterson, and as a result, his earned run average is two sixty nine. He's not allowed more than three earned runs in any start this season, so he'll be a tough customer for the Dodgers to tangle with today. A bunch of right handers in the lineup, and the Dodgers and the Mets Game four, there's four game set first pitch lineups just around the corner.
Speaker 4: Tim all right, when the.
Speaker 6: Game is overall have all the postgame festivities, including Dodger talk as well. Dodge need to take care of business before hitting the road. Get a win over these new York Mets landing neck on the mat. When we come back and enjoy it. This has been Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network