Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to Game Mess Mornings with Me Jeff Greb, your host from giant bomb dot com. We're brought to you by MSI. We'll talk about that more later, but thank you for tuning in. In this episode, we're going to be talking about what happened at games Com and switch to getting a beloved final Fantasy. It's gonna be a good one because we have Jason.
Speaker 2: Bonelli on the show. Jason, how are you doing?
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm feeling good. It was very productive yesterday during opening night live covering it over on Game Spot. I think I had seven six or seven articles all told, go up throughout the day.
Speaker 2: Wow, Okay.
Speaker 3: I had a couple of pre rights that I was able to do, and then I covered some of the big things during the show. It was there was a lot. There was a lot coming at here from different angles. Some people, you know, they love to say that the shows like this are bad or whatever grade this show, but honestly, as far as like quantity is concerned, there was a lot of take in quality obviously, give or take, but there were some things I was excited about. How about you, Bubsy, Yeah, no, there it is.
Speaker 1: I am well listen at least that Bubbsy game looks all right. So if I'm if this is gonna be my lot in life, I'll maybe I don't have to suffer quite as much. Yeah, I I like, well, that'll be the poll question Today'm gon to. We are gonna ask people who grade the show I do. I always do wonder like what rubric people use when they are deciding that, because it's going to be a very personal thing. Right, do you want to be entertained during the show? Do you only care about making a list of games that you're excited about? Like for me, it's like, you know, it's always a combination of those factors. I just never want to feel like we're like we're wasting our time, And sometimes those shows can have that that sensation of like, oh, you know, a lot of this feels like it was a waste or filling in a filling in time when I have other stuff I could be doing. But there are plenty of games that I'm like, Okay, at the very least I want to try those, not a ton of like, well, I know I'm gonna love that, but you know that that's fine, that's completely okay.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: At the end of the day, we always get to a point with these KILLI shows where it's like, you know, oh, Killey, what is he doing.
Speaker 2: He can only show off.
Speaker 1: The games that are actually ready that the companies actually want to show off. So this is what was available, and you know, at a certain point, maybe, okay, maybe he was charging too much. I don't think so, because people keep coming back to him, they keep paying that money, and the price keeps going up, which to me tells me that people in these companies do believe that going to a Jeff Keey show is worth it and it gets them the attention they need.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think you should still have the pick of the litter.
Speaker 1: And at that point, I'm like, yeah, this just comes down to there's not enough games from these big companies to like make one of these shows completely shine. So for what it is, I get it. But yeah, it sounds like you were busy yesterday. I'm glad you were able to get a bunch of stuff written up. We have, you know, I think kind of setting up the table for the rest of the year with shows like this. Are you how are you feeling about gaming for the rest of the year. I'm like, oh, you have plenty of games for me to look forward to.
Speaker 3: I'm not like there's not anything that really sticks out to me as like I need to play this right now, at least until Metroid Prime gets a date. Right, But I'm excited for Pokemon, I am now excited for Kirby Air Riders. Holy crap, that was nice. Looked like a lot of fun. There's a couple of other things here and there that I remember is coming out this year and I'm like, oh, that looks like that looks like it could be a lot of fun. But I'm not in a spot where I'm like desperate for games, right because if it's not something that's coming out like brand new, my backlog is so full. I can chip away at some things, like as Claire Obscure is still staring me in the face, like come on, man, when are you going to play this? And we don't know if any of the games in this presentation could be the next Claire Obscure, right, Like Claire Obscure debut at the Xbox Showcase last year and then became a smash hit. So we might have seen like the people who did a No Trea, right, Geama Games. They threw me a curveball because when I saw that fella from La vi in a Comedia come out, I thought it was Ea bringing back Dante's Inferno. He had the same little thing on his head, which is all from Dante's Divine Comedy. But like to see a souls like approach on that and plus a Notrea is fine. It's it's it's it's a serviceable souls like for what I tried of it. And what I mean by that is I played a demo and it beat the ship out of me. It's exactly what I expected. And then there's like other stuff. The pre show was surprisingly strong. Yeah, like the Battlestar Galactica game. The aforementioned nineties mascot Bubbsy was he man in the pre show as well. Yes, then there was the there was the one where you're just sitting at the controller, the planetary Canon PVKK or Planeton, vert Planet and Vertie Oh I had I practiced this planet and Vertidi gus Canon and comment there it is. We got ah, how do you ever screw that up? So easy? It's so easy? But yeah, I mean that that looks interesting. That looks like it's got papers please, thing going on, but instead of like collecting papers and verifying things, you're like just defending this planet with this one canon. So I don't know, could be could be something down the line that came from this show that I'll forget came from this show, and I'll be like, oh shit, that was a lot of fun and we'll see what goes on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well's we're actually gonna talk about it. So let's let's get into it. Let's explain ourselves. We're giant bomb dot com. You can go to giant bomb dot com, slash join, become a premium member, get ad free versions of our shows. Support us in what we do, which is a huge thing for us. We really appreciate everyone that has come through and continues to come through. You know, it gets you some extra goodies. We're working on those. Let's see here.
Speaker 2: I mention you.
Speaker 1: We're brought to you by ms IMSI is going to be a PAS. They have a booth if you want to go there and just say hey, the BombCast sent me, Giant Bomb sent me. You get entered into a chance to win some special goodies from them. You should definitely take advantage of that. I want people to go in there and win that. As far as this show goes most weekdays, all Jeff Grubb will help piece your gaming life back together. That includes breaking new and maybe even some of our own original reporting. For all these topics, I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. If you were watching live on twitch welcome, You can always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for games Mornings, or find the RSS feed on giant bomb dot com. You can also catch the show later with chapters and timestamps on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Hello YouTube.
Speaker 1: All right, we have a lot to get into, so let's start the Morning Mess with everything that happened at Gamescom twenty twenty five opening night. It says that I went through this story. There's some holes here. That's fine. We talked about some of them already a he Man and some of the Battlestar Galactico game. Yeah, some of that stuff isn't in here. I try to add some more stuff from the pre show. Let's get into it. This comes from Jamie Tugaiev at Dual Shockers. We mentioned Bubbs four D that is actually coming from the studio that did Demons Tide or Demon Tides I should say, which was a three platformer.
Speaker 2: They actually got a sequel a little bit a little bit ago.
Speaker 1: It's from the last couple of years, and they have a really really good look to them, where like you are a two D sprite character running through a three D world and the animation this looks really nice. I played that game and thought it felt pretty good. Like a lot of other indie three D platformers, it's never it never feels like they're quite over the hump of like, oh man, this, we don't even need three D platformers from the big companies anymore.
Speaker 2: Indie games got have this.
Speaker 1: It's not like none of those games have quite been there yet, but they are getting closer. And this was definitely one where I was like, Okay, this is pretty close. This feels how I wanted to feel. So seeing them come in there and tackle Bubsy, oh boy, can't wait to see what that's all about. Sonic and pac Man are exchanging DLC Crossworld is going to get pac Man. Pac Man World to Repack is getting some Sonic stuff. Hollow Night's Silk Song is real coming at twenty twenty five. Jason we're getting that real. Just deep dive into this game. Apparently tomorrow they held off, didn't put a lot of details into Opening Night Live, although people are playing it right now right.
Speaker 3: Yes, the first level I believe is available in a via demo on the show floor.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: The public day is not until tomorrow. I believe today is media only at games Com, so that would make sense as to why they're waiting until tomorrow to do it. The public will be there. I imagine they'll be on some sort of maybe a little stage, maybe Xbox is stage. I don't know it is a specifically Team Cherry stream or the video that's going around, so it may just be pre recorded, but I imagine that they will be on stage with Xbox at some point, considering they're so intrinsically linked with the rug L, which we will talk about a little bit later in this show based on the rundown. But yeah, it's very weird to see actual gameplay of Hollow Night moving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you sawtime breaking news, everybody, let's do it.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: PlayStation with PlayStation five price changes in the United States. This comes from the PlayStation blog.
Speaker 3: Put in your.
Speaker 1: Bets Now, do you think the price is going up or down.
Speaker 3: Everybody, Let's find out. Let's find out together, whole question. Yeah, all right, here we go.
Speaker 1: This is from Isabel Timades at PlayStation What they shouldn't have someone have to attach their name. This should go right to the president or whatever. All right, here's the blog post. Similar to many global businesses, we continue to navigate a challenging economic environment. What about my fucking challenging economic environment.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: As a result, we've made the difficult decision to increase the recommended retail price for PlayStation five consoles in the United States starting on August twenty first, that's tomorrow. The updated recommended retail price for PlayStation five consoles in the United States are as follows. For the PlayStation five, the standard version, which I guess and now is the that updated version. But whatever, PlayStation five is going to be five hundred fifty dollars. Now, the PlayStation five Digital Edition is going to be five hundred even four hundred ninety nine ninety nine, and then the PlayStation five Pro will be seven hundred fifty dollars. I think these are all going up by fifty bucks.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, a fifty dollars increase on each one. Yikes, just sikes.
Speaker 1: They are not raising the price of their accessories, but they have and they have no other price changes to announce for additional markets at this time.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: The reason for that is they already raised the price in a lot of other places. We've kind of been waiting for this to happen. I imagine that they were like looking for maybe ways around this because they do want to sell more PlayStations. They do, but that these companies want to raise prices when they can get when they can get away with it, and then they also sometimes feel forced to do so. This definitely feels like we're on that path of them, like looking at Okay, sure, right now, we could probably get away with continuing to charge the same price for the PlayStation if ever then goes perfec from here on out. But the way the world has gone, maybe we should not assume that, and so we can get away with raising prices right now. People still understand, like the tariffs are a factor there as well as a bunch of other things. So let's just do it, even though it's.
Speaker 2: Going to look bad.
Speaker 1: You know, at a certain point, if you're a console gamer and you're looking at PlayStation it's like, what other choice do you really have?
Speaker 2: I mean, you can go with Xbox.
Speaker 1: But it's gonna kind of feel like you are just waiting to get those or waiting to get some games and other games you'll never get, or it's PlayStation will eventually just get those Xbox games. So maybe Sony feels emboldened and on a lot of fronts, and I think they probably do. What is your read here, inevitable? Small part of me is like, I'm glad it's only fifty bucks, right. It could have been more. They could have justified more, but they only went up fifty dollars. I hope it is not a longer term plan with incremental release increases that would be rough. I find it interesting that they're trying to bury it in the game's calm news cycle. That's week we're on to you, Sony. Sorry about that. It's it's rough.
Speaker 3: It's just a sign of the times that we live in, the insane, hard to explain crazy times that are the world at the moment. It's not great. It's it's uh, it's it's it's unfortunate, and there's really not much more you can say about it than this medium that we love this art form, whatever however you feel about it, is simply getting harder for the layman, the normal casual gamer to enjoy, and that ultimately hurts the whole thing in the long run. They can we can talk about all the games from games Com all we want, all the reveals, all the trailers, all that good stuff till we're blue in the face, and we will. But if there ain't people to play it, if the people can't afford the consoles or the PCs to get in on the ground floor, what the hell does any of it matter? Right, It's just it's it's it's I hate I hate it. I mean, there's no other way to put it. I hate it. I mean.
Speaker 1: Then they kind of they stewed this up themselves in a lot of ways, these big corporations, to deflating wages for decades, lobbying to make sure that it stays that way, kind of building it through the culture, putting out propaganda and that to make people feel like we don't raise the minimum wage, that'll get rid of jobs. And now here we are like so far removed from like where the purchasing power was once for minimum wage jobs, where it's like, hey, you could work here and eventually afford a house. That is just not that's a whole other planet at this point, is what it feels like. And these companies are responsible for that sort of thing. So when people don't have the money to get into this hobby anymore, which is what we're seeing from the younger generations, gen Z doesn't buy video games. They don't buy any fucking video games. So and like, can you justify that? Well, no, I get it, because they have given them these others. Get into our free to play games, get on a treadmill, and then we'll find the ones of you that do have money, and we'll turn you into Wales and we'll extract that. And we're not really interested in the rest of you because you don't have any money. And so, and that means are we interested in making console games anymore traditional games? And they clearly are losing their appetite in a lot of ways. They're losing their the belief that these things can grow, or else these prices wouldn't be going up. The prices simply would not be going up if they believed in these products long term, because they would be like, no, we want to get more people into here.
Speaker 2: They don't think that's going to happen.
Speaker 1: It is about getting more money from us, and that is like the beginning of a death.
Speaker 2: Spiral in a lot of ways. Now is it that grim?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Things will change, they always do in video games. It's like the one constant is the constant is that things are dynamic, and one day is very different from the next, and one year is especially very different from the next year. But we have stagnated in a lot of ways, and it's like, Okay, maybe that truth is not as true as it once was, or it will take longer than it has in the past for that sort of change to come.
Speaker 2: And when it does, what does it look like? Does it just keep getting worse? Right now? It feels that way a little bit. So it's it's rough, you know. We can't compare this.
Speaker 1: The Xbox Series consoles did go up in price as well a few months ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was like earlier in the summer.
Speaker 1: The Xbox Series X two Terabyte Galaxy Special Edition is now no longer the most expensive console. Remember that went up from six hundred dollars to seven hundred and thirty dollars. So now the PS five Pro is only a little bit more expensive than that. And then you know that's not an Xbox Series X Pro, the Xbox Series X like the one that has the disk drive that most people would probably get.
Speaker 2: That's six hundred dollars, so right in line with the PlayStation.
Speaker 1: Now, okay, yeah, well, how does PlayStation sort of come out and like like sort of distracting this themselves? Like are they going to have games here pretty soon to kind of really get people to be like, you know, what it's worth that price?
Speaker 3: I do believe you yourself was starting a pot a couple of days ago saying that there was a showcase coming in September. Then we're still to play. Yeah, might want to move that up, maybe until before Memorial Labor Day. Excuse me if if that is something you're planning to do just to get this sour taste out of people's mouths. I don't think people are gonna be want to be sitting on this for a month if that's how long it's taking you to get the State of Player showcase out. Yeah, I mean they're gonna especially first party stuff, especially first party stuff. They do have Ghost of Yota coming out here, they do? Is that a console sellerround.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know what, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think it is in some places, and I think for some people that would be like, oh yeah, I should I should get this.
Speaker 2: I love ghost Sushima.
Speaker 1: We are forgetting the other thing that is going to sell, specifically PlayStations, and maybe a good reason if you're one of these companies to do the price increase now so you're ready for when that launches. And that's Grand Theft Auto six next year, which it's kind of like, throw all this shit and we're staying out the window.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: People will buy that game.
Speaker 1: Z will buy that game right because it'll become a cultural thing, their favorite stream will be playing it.
Speaker 2: That will move the needle.
Speaker 1: So kind of everything they do before that is just like maneuvers to maximize the value of call of duty, of well, call duty, but Grand Theft Auto, that's that is what they're trying to do here. So you know, the PlayStation five has continued to sell like really well in terms of just hardware sales.
Speaker 2: It's like two.
Speaker 1: Million when you launch launch a line the PlayStation five up against the PlayStation four. I think it's about two million behind the PS four. That'll probably flip as soon as Grand Theft Auto six is here, so and you know another thing that might flip is the you know, PlayStation five so sold a certain amount this year, and then next year it'll probably sell more than that. So it's like, we're gonna see this like bell curve and then there's gonna be a new spike. So I just think Sony's feeling very confident because of that one game. And then meanwhile, and in the meantime, if you're buying that system to play PlayStation games, it's still continues to feel a little bit like when.
Speaker 2: Is this going to get started? And I just don't know if that's ever gonna change.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so either. I also, just because of the world that we live in right now and the whole Steam and Itch situation, with the whole banning of sales and things like that, there's this small nagging part in the back of my head. I don't even want to say it out loud, that by the time Grand Theft Auto six is getting ready to come out, Fearless Leader is going to get some evangelicals in his ear and he's gonna be like, well, we're not gonna let you sell that anymore.
Speaker 2: And then always possible.
Speaker 3: It's a possibility, and the fact that it's even a goddamn possibility just the sign of the times that we live in fucking sucks.
Speaker 1: I mean, it could be the kind of game that where it's like, if they don't do that, it could be the one where it's like, well, let's introduce or force like a face recognition cameras onto these consoles so people have to like show their ideas or whatever. Yeah, there's a lot of things that would be a violations to the First Amendment, and yeah, but they don't care.
Speaker 2: So we'll see they don't care.
Speaker 1: All right, let's let's just hit the highlights for the rest of games com here or you know, you can read each one Call Duty. Black Ops seven had another like long sort of stage presentation. It's weird. I think it's weird in some interesting ways. But god, I don't know if I'm gonna make time for a Black Ops seven. Lords of the Fallen two was announced. The Secrow No Defeat anime was shown off. It had leaked previously, but now people got a chance to see the crunchy roll show.
Speaker 2: It looked pretty good to me.
Speaker 1: And then you know, of course people found the studio talking about how they're using AI. So we'll wait and see Lego Batman. Legacy of the Dark Knight. This is this was the standout for a lot of people. I think, Jason, are you a fan of this?
Speaker 3: I think that's uh, I think it's cool. I M sorry, I'm still stuck on the PlayStation thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it, Yeah, I understand.
Speaker 3: It's I want to get excited for this stuff, but it's just sitting there in the back of my head. It sucks. Yeah, I think I think my fate, my my, uh my thoughts. Going back to Black Ops for a second here, A lot of the positive feedback coming out of Battlefield six was how pure it was, like a pure short of military shooter, and Black Ops didn't really do much to get away from like to try and match that. Right, it's all like shooting robots and futuristic and stuff like that. So I think I think they're in a They're in a bad spot there. Legacy the Dark Knight looks very cool.
Speaker 2: I know what's promising, right.
Speaker 3: I think the fact that they have made that into like it's it's following the Dark Knight movies. That's the or is it all is it everything.
Speaker 1: It's so I think that like the I would say, the core pillar appears to be The Batman, the most recent Batman movie, and then it has everything sort of orbiting that and it's like all the.
Speaker 2: It's taken from all the Batman.
Speaker 1: So like we didn't see Adam West, but he's gonna show up and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Right, yes, but like, yeah, so you saw Bain, you saw the Joker and he said why so serious? Clearly a nod to Heath Ledger. But yeah, it looks and the fact that it's sort of evoking Arkham and its gameplay a little bit, is is really really neat that.
Speaker 1: I think that's the promise inside of it, because it feels like, oh that that could feel like a really fresh turn for the Lego games. So yes, it looks like they play like Arkham and then it's open world, I believe.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's it's kind of like, okay, they're just kind of doing more.
Speaker 3: They're doing more. Very very excited man who came out to speak after the trailer showed was like, it's oh, good world. It's like the one thing I took from that, but you've been hearing well. It was very cool, All right, let's keep going.
Speaker 1: Warhammer forty K Dawn of War four was revealed. Will continue. Yeah, was the rough third game. It does seem like they're trying to make this a make good we'll see. Monster Hunter Wilds is doing its crossover with Final Fantasy fourteen, as those franchises are one to do any Mushot Way of the Sword got a new trailer. I believe Tam and Lucy checked that out and put out a preview today. I've heard, you know, secondhand, I haven't read that yet or watched it yet, that they were pretty impressed by it. So okay, I'm ready to check that game out, and I hope it's good. Arc Knight's Infield, a spinoff is coming to PS five and PC Europa. Universalis five got a pretty good, pretty good trailer that looked nice. Damon x Makina Titanic Scion had a play or has a playable demo that got announced. Void Break Yeah, the Rogue Light FBS void Breaker is out now in early access. Fallout TV got a The Fallout TV series Season two got a new trailer. Let's see Indiana Jones and the Great Circles coming to switch to They also showed off some of the DLC that's coming soon. Yeah, that's a pretty big one to see on on switch to. It's a graphically impressive game. It doesn't run great on Steam Deck, so I will be interested to see how they get it running on switch To, although I think you know, the GPU will help there as.
Speaker 2: Long as it's not held back by CPU. We'll find out.
Speaker 1: Deadpool v R got a new trailer. World of Tanks is I mean, it's two point zero update. Although this story you're says despite a difficult year, I wonder if there's something happened with the World of World Tanks is appalling a part over.
Speaker 3: There the list before this. The last uh news I remember about these games like World of Warships World of Tanks is that they were leaking military secrets.
Speaker 2: That sounds familiar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the one thing like they were they were talking about schematics for the vehicles in the game, and then they were like, oh, these are actual classified military secrets. Oops. But no, the world the two point er update for World of Tanks is finally going up to tier eleven, which is something that the.
Speaker 2: Fans work under said chat chat, wrong one, wrong one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, it's it's going up to tier eleven, which which the fans have really wanted for a very long time, I understand, which is also neat. Warhammer had another announcement further down the list, which is a ten v ten Hero Tank Shooter, So you're you get a tank, you get an agent that has certain abilities, and you can like customize your tank and then play ten v ten matches over Tank Tank Watch whatever you want to call it Tank Rivals, I guess now because that's the most popular one. Seems interesting, seems different, different way to play World of Tanks. I don't know if it's gonna I don't know if it's gonna really last that long because if you remember, back in December at the Game Awards, Wargaming also announced that Steel Hunters online battle reale multiplayer game thing, and that one's already shut down, like it's already gone. So I don't know if they just move those resources to this or what. But yeah, so that's that Wargaming. Other than World of Tanks. Anything they do, I hold at arm's length because I don't know how long it's going to last. With Steel Hunters being the first one there, Toxic Commando going further down the list here look earlier, so Toxic Commando looked very cool. Want to give that it's due Earlier in the show, Jeff said Ron Gilbert, and I went Ron Gilbert neat and then death by scrolling happened. Then I'm like, is this the Ron Gilbert game?
Speaker 2: What it was? The Ron Gilbert game?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And the more I the more I look at it, the cooler it seems. It seems like a weird little rogue thing.
Speaker 1: He's tried some different kinds of games before, so I'm like, and usually those pan out pretty well, So yeah, I'll be interested to see if he's able to make this work.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it looks like a vertically scrolling Vampire Survivors with maybe some Ron Gilbert humor.
Speaker 3: I wonder if they were going to name it Going Vertical, but that got taken.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have on the trademark there, so back off, Ron, Get out of here, Ron road Kings from Saber. It looks like European truck simulator, but like a little bit more of a game. They showed a lot more of like fist bumping people when you complete a mission, and then the traffic just like looked really realistic.
Speaker 2: I was impressed by it. I'm definitely I.
Speaker 3: Thought of you when that trailer played, I'm like, Jeff's gonna love that that. It seems like it's right up his alley.
Speaker 2: And I did. I thought it was.
Speaker 1: It looked really impressive and its saber and so I know they know they're big machines, and I'm like, all right, yeah, this is a good sort of offshoot of.
Speaker 2: What they've done in other areas in this space. Zaoom is back. It was funny. Keeley was like, you know.
Speaker 1: They've had some stuff happened since the last game came out Discalesium. Anyway, Zero Parades It's like, oh, yeah, what stuff, Jeff, what happened? It's completely fell apart, and who knows who's even making this game? Either way, Zero Parades looks exactly like Disco Elysium. It's crazy. The Darkest Files director discusses the power of the of games as tool against tools against oppression. RPG Neverness to Eagerness has open registration. Now there was let's see, yes, Bachi the Rock meets Celeste in Unbeatable, which is coming out November six. Yeah, it looked pretty promising. Honor of King's World. It's well, another spinoff for one of these games. It's huge in other parts of the world. Squid games, Yeah, Squid game collaboration is happening in Fortnite and Call of Duty. Now Delta Force is finally coming out on console. They showed off Ninja Guide in fours gameplay in a new trailer.
Speaker 2: Looked fantastic.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Cinder City is a co op shooter that has looks like battlefield with monsters.
Speaker 2: Who reads this story? There was the Survival is Time Takers. I thought that was.
Speaker 3: Yeah game, Look that looks interesting.
Speaker 1: It's got Robbie Williams running around with a gun. Now, let's see. Silent Hilps got its English voice over trailer. That was Mike joke and I am still laughing about it.
Speaker 3: The joke. The joke I made was Silent Hill f which is named after the sound I make whenever I play a Silent Hill game.
Speaker 2: Uh, Dante is back. You mentioned this one? Uh?
Speaker 3: La Divina Comedia is that close enough? La Divina Comedia is this studio Giama based in Milan, Italy, so very steeped in they made They made a not tree of the last song, which was Soul's like but Comedia del Arte. Uh, so to see them tackling Dante A makes sense and B is very cool.
Speaker 1: U kingdcom Deliverance two's getting some DLC. Legacy of the Forge looks like a new crafting system. Vampire the Mass Grade Bloodlines two that reappeared, and I think it's coming out soon.
Speaker 2: They didn't write a date here. I've meant to do that.
Speaker 3: I think October twenty one of this year.
Speaker 1: That's so bananus, But I mean, I guess the game's been in development for a long time. I just kind of considered it as a game that would never come out, so compared to that, this is extremely soon actually compared to anything.
Speaker 2: October soon.
Speaker 1: Delta Force has a new project. The doves behind that game have a Project Spectrum, which is a co op horror shooter World of Tanks introduced Heat, which is a has like a futuristic spin on their gameplay.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: Goes to YOTEG gets an extended trailer and the reveal of the Legends DLC. So the co op multiplayer thing that was in the first game that got released as free DLC later on is also happening here. That'll come out in twenty twenty six, Resident Evil Requiem got a new trailer as well. Thought I thought it looked good, But you know, I think a lot of people are like, man, if we're holding back that game the entire time we knew it was happening, I think a lot of people were hoping for.
Speaker 2: A little bit more.
Speaker 1: I think people are really waiting for is to see if there's other characters in the game. I think a lot of people believe that there will be other characters, and they're still not confirming that, and it's like, yeah, they're probably going to keep holding that back for a while now.
Speaker 3: This morning, so you mentioned the Onna Musha game play earlier, capcom Relea, the embargo went up on three different games, Pragmata, which does exist, only Musha and this. It's all hands on gameplay and it's basically everything we saw at SGF but now hands on. Right. So if you go watch the Resident Evil Requiem demo, hands on demo that all the websites have posted their gameplay off, that's what we the theater presentation we watched in SGF at SGF, and that's Leasta Trevor right. It has to be has to be.
Speaker 1: I think that's what everyone is thinking. Yeah, Jen played that stuff yesterday. We might still my time to do something with that. He got some gameplay footage and we'll find places to talk about that and go over it. But yeah, yeah, last thing here from the rundown Black Myth Jeong Qui I believe is However, I'm going to say that a sequel, spin off, standalone DLC. I don't know, but it's something new from the Black Myth series.
Speaker 3: Rumors made it sound like it is a standalone sequel or standalone game because Jeff also made the comment that the Wukong's Journey to the West is also not done. Then he pulled out his little fan because he's a cool guy. So I think it might be them having a whole new project to go alongside a quick yes shank, there it is. But yeah, I think I think this is going to be a standalone thing and not related to Wukong. I think Wukong is going to continue on the side.
Speaker 1: Some stuff yeah that we didn't like that wasn't in this rundown, but he man, that one looked really good.
Speaker 2: It's like Golden.
Speaker 1: Axe, yes, and big and heavy. It's not going to be like stream to Rage four, which is like, Okay, that's fantastic. We have streets of Rage four. There are other beat m ups you should be drawing from. I talked to Audie about it. He also mentioned the capcom D and D beat him ups. He's drawing from that a lot. I'm like, oh cool, that's yeah. Chronicle was awesome. Yes, so I'm like, I just think this is going to be one of these that really hits. The beat him up genre just got left behind because people didn't realize how much more you could do with it. And I think giving these games a chance to come back and trying different versions of it, like I'm ready for the Golden next version of this.
Speaker 2: That's that sounds perfect.
Speaker 3: Chat reminds me Outlaws.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, exactly right, that that did the leak.
Speaker 1: But it was like and then when you like start thinking about it's like night Dive has already done Dark Forces. This is the same engine, so sure they should do this, but it's still it's surprising that someone's going because that's just not a game people talk about a lot. But now that it's here, I'm like, yeah, that looks awesome. That's a Lucas Arts shooter. With a Western style, like a kind of a spahetty Western style to it. And yes, it looks a lot like Dark Forces, but in the Why West. And give me more of that. All right, we got to get to the break. We're gonna do that now. If you want to skip this, go to GiantBomb dot com slash join, become a premium member, get the ad free version of the show. We'll be right back. Jam My computer sick. I've decided it's time to start building a new one. I just don't know where to start, greub.
Speaker 4: If your computer is SICKI pooh, you gotta start with MSI, which just drops something big in its brand new Z eight ninety and B eight sixty Intel motherboards.
Speaker 1: Are those the motherboards that unlock the power of the Intel Core Ultra series two CPUs.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, these MOBOs, as we're calling them on the streets, are powerhouses for gaming, streaming, and whatever intense tasks you need to throw at them.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, but Jane, you know me, I'm scared of tools that's screwdrivers so sharp.
Speaker 4: It's okay, Bud, MSI made them jeffproof meb Dan proof as well, which means they're easy to work with. No more wrestling with tighty little screws or confusing men muels. We're talking easy dbug LEDs that tell you exactly what's going on. Tooliss installs for your M two drives and jipoos or GPUs we're calling them jipoos two.
Speaker 3: Now okay, hell yeah, oh okay yeah.
Speaker 1: MSI has that modern bios as well, that looks like it was actually made for humans to use, not some relic from two thousand and three.
Speaker 2: Give me more of that.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's right. It's going to be so easy to get secure boots on the ground. It's like PC building on easymode grub. And here's the best part, giant BombCast listeners. MSI is giving you ten percent off these new regularly priced Z eight ninety and B eight sixty boards. Just head over to usdashstore dot MSI dot com and use promo code BombCast at checkout boom instant savings.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm going to.
Speaker 1: Stack that discount. They allow you to do that with MSIs got ongoing promotions. That's potentially going to score me up to one hundred and twenty dollars in Steam codes. It's basically free games just for upgrading. Everyone listening should do the same.
Speaker 4: So if you're ready to upgrade your setup, do not wait. Visit us dashstore dot MSI dot com and use the code BombCast bom c A S t all in lowercase and give your PC the upgrade.
Speaker 1: It deserves MSI making PC building less of a headache and.
Speaker 3: A lot more fun.
Speaker 1: Mobo Game mess Mornings. I'm Jeff Grub, that's Jason Bonelli. Let's get back into the show, Like, let's wrap up is what happened over a Games comes Opening Night Live with a little bit more details about Lego Batman Legacy of the Dark Knight. They are not saying how much it's going to cost that I think this is the move right now, Like why say it?
Speaker 2: Because you might want to continue to see what like what you can get away with.
Speaker 1: But it does feel like we are maybe steadying out at seventy dollars. I do expect this game to be seventy, but it was like I think people are used to that. If they said this game with seventy dollars, I think everyone would go, yeah, okay, I think like that battle is lost. So it's like why not just say it? And is it because you're thinking about eighty. I don't know if you can do that, but but yeah, what do you expect here?
Speaker 3: This being so this being a Lego game, they may actually be thinking perhaps a little lower, depending on the scope of this game and really how big it is. Lego games tend to be like back when when in the Xbox three sixty PlayStation three era, when the Lego games will come out, they come out at like fifty instead of sixty sometimes, So maybe.
Speaker 1: Things have changed, right, Yes, Star Wars the Skywalker Saga. The whole point of that one was like, this is the massive one, and we're making a ton of improvements, and so it's going to be a big, full game. I think them making these these these games, I think that was part of it, is they had to justify, Hey, we want these to be big sellers and we want them to have a premium price, So make those games the way that they need to be made to justify that. And this definitely feels like that. So I just won't be surprised if it's like I guess, I guess I wouldn't. Maybe sixty, Yeah that's still possible, but I'm gonna guess.
Speaker 3: It's seventy seventy would be my guest too, if I really had to think about it. I hope, I hope it's not ey. This goes eighty, Everything's going eighty.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, for real.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's let's keep moving here. Starfield is coming to switch to next year, it has been claimed. This is from Chris Scollion at VEGC. A port of Starfield will reportedly be released on switch To next year. That's according to industry insider Nate the Hate, who has a track record of breaking stories about unreleased games. Indiana Jones in the Great Circle won't be the only Bethesta game coming to Nintendo switch To in twenty twenty six. He posted on Twitter, see that planet you can go there. Aside from landing out PS five, Starfield has planned for release on Nintendo switch To in twenty twenty six. Starfield has yet to be officially confirmed for even the PlayStation five, but numerous reports, including one earlier this month, suggest Bethesda sci fi RPG is being readied for Sony's console. Microsoft and Bethesta confirmed during Gamescom's Opening Night Live presentation that Indiana Jones The Great Circle will be released on Nintendo switch To in twenty twenty six, making it the first major Xbox first party title.
Speaker 2: To be announced for Nintendo's new platform. As always, as.
Speaker 1: A reminder, Xbox is a target of the BDS boycott movement for it's providing services that are causing an ethnic cleansing in Gaza. Starfield is probably going to come to switch To just because, like all these games are probably going to come there. But that is a game that also doesn't run very well on the Steam Deck, So I will be interested to see how they get it to run on the switch To, which is you know, a little bit more powerful than the Steam Deck for sure.
Speaker 3: But.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 1: But the other question here, Jason would be does this Starfield move the needle anymore? I mean, is anyone going to care this time around?
Speaker 3: No, the only way the PlayStation users were going to care about Starfield is when it launched, because it has since launched and it was not good, at least not in Bethesda terms. So PlayStation, maybe some die hard it's going to be, well, let's see what happens and then they'll try it and whatever goes on now Switch that's different. I feel like even people who may have already played it on Xbox may give it a shot on switch To just to be able to play it wherever they want. That seems like the kind of game for a long flight or like like like a road trip, you know what I mean, like where you just sit down and mess around in the in space for a little while, complete some missions or go get lost in some solar system. It seems a good, a good past the time game for something like that. And while you could technically do that with Xbox Play Anywhere on your phone or Xbox Cloud Gaming or what have you. Yes, I almost chucked my phone into my face, but I think having it on switch To where it will actually run and not need the Wi Fi on the plane to make that cloud connection will be better for it. I also am kind of hoping maybe that if is planning anything with Fallout, be it a collection or a remaster or something like that, that Starfield going to switch To, if this is real, could perhaps be the bridge for something like that, because I think Fallout on switch To would be wonderful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that does feel like they will just keep moving. That Oblivion remake or whatever it was didn't come to switch one, so I met that also comes to switch to here pretty soon.
Speaker 3: That's a good point.
Speaker 1: That didn't get announced, right, Yeah, it was kind of like a little bit too close. It launched and then the switch To was getting announced all that stuff, and they didn't mention that.
Speaker 2: Elden Rings the kind of a game that.
Speaker 1: Filled that spot for me in my head, just like, yeah, the big port that they'll do that does well at launch, that'll probably happen soon.
Speaker 3: I think Oblivian Remastered actually shadow dropped the same week as the or maybe the week after the switch To reveals, right the same time, sounds right, Yeah, So yeah that Oblivion Remastered would also be a very good bridge to the switch To if they decided to do that either way. Is it's not the first salvo of Microsoft putting their games onto Nintendo's switch or switch to, but I think this might be a little more notable in how powerful this game is, Like Pentiment good as good of a game as it is not the most powerful game in the world. So if they can get Starfield on there without blowing up switch To batteries, then that kind of bodes well for the rest of Microsoft's portfolio. Just getting ever so closer to the inevitable Halo switch To experience it's going to happen eventually.
Speaker 2: Yep, it does feel inevitable as well.
Speaker 1: All right, Hey, the rog Xbox Ally handheld launch day is set for October features steam Deck style compatibility guide. They have a handheld optimized thing where it's like, hey, we'll test these games. We'll tell you if it's mostly compatible, should perform well, should perform great, which means sixty frames per second or above, and then if we haven't checked the performance, we haven't done any testing of the game. They're going to basically have the check Ark style thing similar to what steam Deck has. The release date is in October. Let's see, do I have yeah, October sixteenth. They still aren't talking about a price though themselves. A price has leaked from Bill Bill koon Over at deal Labs, who is very good at like tracking down what's happening at retailers, and the price that he's found is five hundred and fifty dollars for the Xbox rog Ally and then nine hundred dollars for the Xbox rog Ally X.
Speaker 3: These are the prices.
Speaker 1: I think this is right in the range where the rumors had been for a while, so I don't think people are too stunned, And yet I just man nine hundred dollars for one of these handhelds, even knowing that that is actually kind of a fair price compared to like where these handhelds were a few years ago, and really, like you know, the Steam Deck subsidizing the price, so it kind of has had a deflationary effect on the entire market, kind of having forcing everyone else to compete with that. Even with that in mind, I'm just not gonna I'm not gonna spend nine hundred dollars on a handheld like this. I just can't. I can't justify that. I wonder who will do that though, Jason.
Speaker 3: I think Xbox diehards who don't have a handheld yet and have been waiting for this one will be the person that that will buy this. I am perfectly happy with my Legion. Go my Legion go s. I'm sure you're perfectly happy with the Steam Deck or whatever we have other ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have a rug ally the original Rock. I don't have the r I X Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm perfectly happy with that. It runs the Xbox Games fine on the Xbox App. It runs the Steam Games fine. As I found out, it ran the Battlefield six Beta pretty good too, right, So I'm not I'm not. I'm fine, like I don't, I don't need to do this. That price is steep, and I will say Billy Billy did report that, but also best buy listings went up that had these prices and then took them deck. That's right, So I think we find out what these prices are. They say it's for macroeconomics. There was a reporter in i GN saying they didn't want to give the price for macroeconomical reasons. That seems to be the running excuse. Now we're not going to give you the price yet because we don't know where the market's going to be, which is understandable. But I think they already know what the price is, and by the end of games come, I think we may find out how much we're going to be spending on this thing. And if these are the prices, then I might be out for the time being. I don't know that I can swing nine hundred bucks when I have a perfectly good Like I said, lead you go sitting on the table behind me, that'll have to do, right.
Speaker 1: And it's like having that out there makes the more affordable model feel like, well, why would I spend six hundred dollars to get something that's not going to be as good. It's just a tough position. Yeah, I'm probably out for now, although I'm curious. I continue to be curious about like how this is going to work. At the very least, I just hope that this isn't like some stunted and aborted thing where like the Microsoft doesn't try to continue to improve its operating system on handhelds. I want them to keep doing that, just so that steam Os has some competition and it improves both sides. We'll see Final Fantasy fourteen dev on switch to version says there's been quote positive discussions with Nintendo.
Speaker 2: This is from Nintendo everything.
Speaker 1: Could we see Final Fantasy fourteen on Nintendo Switch to one day? Producer Naoki Yoship Yoshida has indicated that Square Enix is in talks with Nintendo and it sounds like things are going well so far, he said in an interview with VGC when asked about potentially getting Final Fantasy fourteen on the Nintendo Switch too. For me, it's just my aim to provide Final Fantasy fourteen and sixteen to as many players as possible, and I hope that as many players as possible will be able to we'll be able to enjoy these two games. We are putting in our best efforts to ensure that this happens. So it's fine to convey to your readership that I consider the possibilities very positively and we are putting in our best efforts. So I hope players will look forward to the possibilities in the future. But I just ask for a little bit more time. Yeah, this does feel like one that will happen at least Final Fantasy at sixteen for sure. Fourteen it's like, yeah, that's it went to Xbox, and I think the Switch to is an even better fit than that kind of obviously, So yeah, I do expect them to get around to doing this, And I think this is like where the Switch two is now at, where it's like, Okay, is it going to get every massive nude triple a blockbuster game that is like taking the full advantage of PCs and PlayStation five pros. Probably not, or at least not without some severe compromises, but it at least is at the point where it's like all of those big live service games that have been going for years now should make sense on the switch to at least in terms from a technical perspective, and that's kind of where it needed to get because live service games are not going to evolve much in terms of like their visual requirements because they want them to run on everything, and so it's like, okay, Switch two is good on that front. It'll get Nintendo games, it'll get indie games, and it'll get quite a few of the big new releases from third parties. So I think they've kind of now covered a lot of their bases and this feels like a part of that.
Speaker 3: My thing is the so with Final Fantasy fourteen specifically, MMOs are very hood intensive and you only have so much screen real estate to use there, So I wonder how that would work, at least in a handheld situation. I think I've switched to primarily as a handheld, so I wonder about That's probably one of the biggest hurdles I think they would have to cross. They do have a console version. It did launch on Xbox, and it's always been on PlayStation, right, so they had I'm sure they've already figured this part out, or they're going to figure this out for Nintendo's console. That would be my only caveat, my only issue or potential problem. But I think it makes perfect sense, Like strategically, it makes perfect sense. I was talking about the airplane ride earlier. If you can if the airplane Urin's WiFi is good and you're a FFFF fourteen fan, you're good. You're good for that whole cross country flight. So yeah, I mean, if they can make it happen, I think it definitely makes a lot of sense. But I would just need to see the logistical side of it, like the way it looks, the HUD stuff like that, before I would fully be on board.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, Final Fantasy fourteen is definitely a game. You know, they built it with consoles in mine, so and I've not played it ever, so I don't have any first sand experience, but it seems like people are like pretty happy with the way that works.
Speaker 2: And now you have a lot of people on chatter saying.
Speaker 1: Hey, I have a friend that plays it on steam Deck and it's completely fine on there, It's.
Speaker 2: Okay, here you go.
Speaker 1: So the apparently they've already built in a lot of tools for customizing how like you interface with the game, So people should be able to just make it work the way they needed to work on one of these handhelds, and then you know, you do the touch screen.
Speaker 2: Maybe that helps. I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't, and I probably sound like an idiot when I'm saying stuff like that with you.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: My experience with Final Fantasy fourteen is I did the tech test on my computer to see if it worked. That's as far as I was going in that game. I just don't have the time. But if hey, if it's working on steam Deck and the other handhelds, then switch to is not an issue. And I'm making a mountain out of a non existant molehill.
Speaker 1: That's good, jam, Were you the one that wanted one of those? Oh, dear allen Wick two thermoses? No, it's gonna restock in like nine minutes according to ABC, Yeah, I'll buy it for you. I don't want that, all right, let's see here. Oh okay, yeah, this is the next story. I am just baffled that this is the headline. Roadblocks bans all erotic content. This is from Marcus Person and game reactor Jason. There was erotic content on Roadblocks. What the fuck is happening?
Speaker 3: I don't let your kids play roadblocks. And you've seen me get heated before. Do not this is your kids play fucking roadblocks. Don't do it? Not allowed, Get them the fuck off that platform. It is. They do not care about your children, They do not care about their well being, They do not care about their safety. They they banned a guy who was Chris hansening sexual predators on their platform. They went after the freedom fighter, the defense mechanism instead of their the vigilante.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're shitty, Thank you. They're shitty ass platform that allows this shit to happen. And now you're gonna say it bans erotic content, this sweeping thing. So let me ask you a question. Dressed to impress, right, one of the biggest games on that platform. Some fashion can sometimes seem erotic when it's just people wearing bathing suits or whatever. Are they gonna go after that? If the Lady Gaga just partnered with them? Oh man, this is so if you have all platform just needs to go away. If it's me, but I know that's unfeasible.
Speaker 1: I just I mean, something needs to be done because it's like you're only doing this now because the backlash that happened recently, so you could have always done this, you did not. What else are you not taking care of because of outside pressure? So let's bee It's more than just a banning all erotic content. They also have some changes to how children can interact with the game.
Speaker 2: This is also crazy, so through the whole thing here.
Speaker 1: Roadblock's one of the world's largest digital platforms for gaming and social so interaction, is tightening its rules regarding adult content. The company has announced that all material that could be perceived as erotic or sexual is now prohibited, even content that only hits hints at such activities. The policy change comes just days after Roadblocks was sued by a state judge in the United States, who argued that the service is filled with potentially harmful content and environments for children. Critics have long pointed out that the otherwise child friendly platform has struggled to keep inappropriate content under control. Under the new rules, unrated material will only be visible to developers themselves. Roadblocks is also working on methods to quickly identify and handle users who engage in inappropriate or violent behavior. That's like your whole thing. You need to have done this a long time ago. Matt Kaufman Roadblocks's chief safety officer explained, we've seen that social hangouts experiences where the primary purpose is to chat with other users as their user or their avatar, can sometimes contain inappropriate user behavior when they include certain settings. Although these settings are not against our current policy, we've observed higher rates of inappropriate user behavior in them, so we're further restricting some of them from our younger users. So what they're doing is, uh, read this one. I read this, Yeah, read this one, because this is crazy. This is so insane.
Speaker 3: Additional changes apply to younger players. Users under seventeen will no longer be able to access private virtual spaces such as bathrooms, bedrooms, bars, or nightclubs. Why the fuck were they in there to begin with?
Speaker 1: Yes, especially like private spaces like these aren't like public rooms. Like someone invites you into a bathroom to hang out.
Speaker 3: What the fuck?
Speaker 2: What are you talking about? What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: I just listen. It makes me angry because my older child, who probably hears me right now, Sorry, kid, she's up there. There, they're here, they're there. We're going on vacation tomorrow. But uh, she's been asking let me play roebucks. Why can't I play rodbucks. This is why I will not. I refuse to allow this game to be played in my house other than me. I had to write guides for it for Google Play at one point, so that's the only experience I have with it, and it's the only experience I goddamn one. They built second life in this social hangouts and then didn't remember the eighteen plus restriction? Yes, what the not to sound like the the the the you want to talk about brain rot roadblocks? Brain Rot starts at the fucking top. It's that simple. Get this platform out of here. I hope they get sued.
Speaker 2: They are acting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're getting so they're getting sued the state at the state judge is suing them. But also Chris Hansen said that they've been looking at this site now for months. Chris Hansen himself, not just Evngelanti acting like Chris Hansen, which was.
Speaker 2: Cool, but they banned him.
Speaker 1: Uh Now, Chris Hanson himself's got a team and they're going to do a special on it. It's like, oh, man, I should so, but first I should short roadblocks it stopped because I think this is it's probably gonna go in the toilet here, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: And two it's in all way. I'm not a financial advisor, don't do anything I say or so.
Speaker 3: In the chat, somebody asked, is Roadblocks a game? No, it's a platform where you make your own you can make they call them experiences, and you can make you can make games, which is where like Dressed to Impress and Rainbow Friends that like fanaff rip off horror game and a couple other Doors is another popular horror type thing. In Roadblocks you can make these experiences, but they also have these social hangouts, which is basically I said second Life but for the console minded PlayStation Home. Yeah, but PlayStation Home had the wherewithal to not include shit like this from the start. Also, older console minded people, if you know what PlayStation Home is, time to schedule your annual I just it will always confound me how this platform was able to get away with this for so fucking long. I mean, I know how it was YouTube YouTube players getting on Roadblocks like that, that kid Ryan who makes more money in a day that I'll ever make in my lifetime playing Roadblocks games. That's where my kids fan out about it. That's what made them want to watch it. I want to play it. Excuse me that they're the little like they ripping off lego heads, rip off lego heads. They're not actually ripping off lego heads there. I just it's a long time coming. I have been tooting this horn for years, and now it seems like the rest of the world has finally come to their goddamn senses. Time to go. I'm so I am planning on watching this fire, dumpster fire with popcorn and champagne. Get them out of here.
Speaker 1: I think the even sadd reality is five years, we're probably having this conversation again, and it's right back roadblocks, still just chugging along, and it's a behema the platform.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, exactly. All right.
Speaker 1: Last story called duty devs explain how we're getting new Black Ops games in consecutive years. Well, they just did it again, all right, This from Eddie McCoo had GameSpot. For the first time ever, Activision is releasing new call due Black Ops games in consecutive years. Beyond that, the same two developers that led the production of Black Ops six, Treyarch and Raven Software, are once again co leading the development on Black Ops seven, with Activision previously stating how important it is to have a three year production cycle for each new Call of Duty game, many are wondering how it's even possible. Treyarch Associate creative director Miles Leslie told IGN that development on Black Ops seven actually began at the same time as Black Ops six, that the game had a franchise longest four year development cycle. They were started at the same time, Leslie said, So, obviously they have different production ramp up times, but they were started in parallel and green at the same time. That was a really unique challenge but also fun.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: To me, what this sounds like is, you know, back in the day, the teams would have like release a game and then they would spend some time and but know that they were going to do this, they were going to release map packs and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: That was like a Call Duty business model early on.
Speaker 1: Just sounds like do that but for another immediate follow up games. So like, you know, take some stuff like you know that you're going to be releasing this soon, so maybe this stuff that you were planning for six can just go into seven and you know, be ready to do that. And they're making the campaign like a co op a multiplayer thing, so it's like, yeah, and you can just you see how it kind of feels like in some ways DLC like an expansion, but like a standalone thing.
Speaker 2: At the same time.
Speaker 1: Obviously, no one's talking about Black Ops seven still though, right, I just don't, you know, maybe a little bit after yesterday, because it did they did show it at games Come, but I don't know the excitement I'm just not hearing out there.
Speaker 3: There was a story floating around that the number one comment on the Black Up seven Games Com segment YouTube video was this made me pre order Battlefield six.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean that's basically where we are here.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Call of Duty, I think played with fire by opening Pandora's Box with its out of left field collaborations and partnerships, and it really drove away the people who are looking for that pure military experience, and Battlefield six is going to slip right in there and uh and and fill that void. Granted, it would be naive for people to think that that that Battlefield six is going to stay away from partnerships. I think may be smarter about it, but I don't think they're going to be completely devoid of them.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, whether they're gonna or at least they're going to walk around right now acting like that. It's not going to be that. People will be happy to be like, Okay, I'll accept it. That'll change over time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think that there they Call of Duty is in a weird spot. Man, It's in a weird precarious position at the moment, which is so weird to say about cold. I guess it kind of applies to Xbox as a whole.
Speaker 2: Noil, Yeah, it's just it's the tide right though.
Speaker 1: It's like like Call of Duty will be back on top in a couple of years, like it always has when they kind of make when they change up from this current stretch of the way of doing things and they kind of come back like now we've figured out we're going back to the basics again.
Speaker 2: It'll be fine. That's kind of been the story of Call of Duty this entire time.
Speaker 5: Oh no, we've been invaded all right now, Listen, we know we were just kind of confirm if it was real. So have you confirmed that that is a shoot reveal out of games? Calm Mike Manatti who has joined us.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not a reveal per se.
Speaker 6: It's just there's a booth for Mortal Kombat Legacy Collection, and like in their little video thing on the booth is where you see them scrolling through all the games and highlighting Mortal Kombat mythologies, sub Zero and Mortal Kombat Special Forces. Now, look, maybe somebody's playing a very big prank.
Speaker 1: We were talking before it past the eye test, at the very tests.
Speaker 3: The eye test, but not the spell test. I have two feelers out right now. One is a DM to somebody I know at Digital Eclipse. The other is an email to official through official channels to see if we can get some answers here. Apparently Atari is going to be part of Xbox's live stream and we will we will see what's going on there. It's apparently apparently the gang's all here. Everyone is here. Get mess Turbo, do you have to say?
Speaker 7: Sean, Yes, Independent reporter Turbo Sean from Giant Bomb reporting it. I would just like to say that I did double check and this does look like the picture that Dan Amrick just posted on Blue Sky of their booth at games Com. And he told me at EVO we have more games to announce, and he heavily implied the would be PS one, so PS one, yes's legit to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's that's why I've kind of been leaning towards this being real, because when they were talking about, hey, don't expect stuff from like PS two, I might, well, okay, so what about PS one games?
Speaker 2: Then they're not say anything about that?
Speaker 8: And then you and then oh I'm the chief content officer dot Com, I named day record.
Speaker 3: Oh Dan Riker, what can we do for you? Oh?
Speaker 8: I just I had some ideas for content here, you know, as generalation, media creators and so forth. I do think it's important that we give a comprehensive look at this and we do an expert on it.
Speaker 3: That's why I figured out how to move Dan away. I'm sure.
Speaker 2: Do you think he's probably still talking there right? He doesn't know? Yeah.
Speaker 6: Isn't it wild that three Blood Club games are getting re released this year?
Speaker 3: That's great?
Speaker 6: Well, goodbye to did great.
Speaker 1: I'll see you later.
Speaker 2: Okay, we will.
Speaker 1: We will have to do something about that, all right. Uh, that does it for the headlines. Let's get to the poll question from earlier this week, which I have right here. Uh, okay, do you think fair games will get canceled?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: That was a rumor that got debunked, but everyone's still not sure. Tell you what, most people seem to think it's gonna get canceled. Eighty eight percent say yes, it will be canceled. Twelve percent say no, what do you think, Jason?
Speaker 3: Was this the Jade Raven game?
Speaker 2: That is right? Well, not anymore, but it was.
Speaker 3: Yes, did she leave? Yeah, it's canceled. There's no, that's it. It's it, dope, Nope, it's a I don't. I have no confidence in it because she's gone, and I have no confidence in it because PlayStation Live Service like just those names next to each other. I have zero confidence. Prove me wrong, Please prove me wrong. I would love for you to prove me wrong, but I don't see that happening any time soon now, honest. I gotta tell you sidetle side thing right here. I am now nervous that we're gonna get in dated by Jurf. He's the only one who hasn't showed up yet.
Speaker 1: Just be careful, be careful what you wish for. You'll come in here? Keeps hockey hockey? Oh don't say three times? I warned you, uh, any minute. He's probably busy. Actually, I think he actually is out today, so that seems unlikely. Okay, let's see here, we'll have a new pole question. Get to that in a second. Before we do that, though, Jason Fonell where cad people find you on the internet?
Speaker 2: What do you have going on? What's all that good stuff?
Speaker 3: That good stuff? Jasonfidelli dot com on Blue Sky, big Man Fidelle everywhere else. Most active on Blue Sky and Instagram. You can see me writing news at game Spot, do some reviews and stuff for MMO RPG, the occasional feature for Epic Game Store, as well things coming up. I finished last night Sort of the Sea, which I will be reviewing for MMO RPG. The game by Giant Squid, who made ab Zoo very much in line with their aquatic themes, a nice climate message in this game. I thought it was very very cool, had a little more action in the end of the game than I expected. That was pretty neat. I'm hoping to have that done today because tomorrow I'm taking a little family vacation up to the mountains before school starts with like the airbnb up there, sit on the lake. So if you like picture x picturesque views of rural mountainous Lake. You know, lakeside areas. You're about to get those all weekend long tonight, though I might go deaf. I'm going to a concert with the Family Descendants and Zombies World Tour. Pray for me. It's at the Disney Show.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: My kids just.
Speaker 1: Got super into the into the Descendants, which one has Bonyellow.
Speaker 2: Jane, do you know descending the new one? The newest one? Okay, all right, well they're not there.
Speaker 3: I have read that we had to watch in preparation for this a couple of nights ago.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've been watching him back to back like it's been all descended, like they this is like the first like live action movie they've really given their attention to. So yeah, that's been different.
Speaker 3: I've been trying to get them to watch K Pop Demon Hunters, but they won't do it. So my kid's got into that.
Speaker 1: The first time I put it on, Addie ran out of the room because I was like, I'm gonna put it on for my phone in the basement on the TV upstairs. I'm not going to tell them. I'll just have to start playing and I'll go up there'll check it and see if they actually liked it. I put it on and Addie came running like screaming because she was scared of the first five seconds. It's not scary, but it just a movie started playing, and I think that is really what happened there. But now they've watched that movie like ten times and they love it.
Speaker 3: So yeah, cool.
Speaker 2: Keep trying. Uh oh yeah, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 3: And then so you're asking who was excited about the Thermis, I would like to show you my Google calendar notification that just says Thermis for ten minutes before it went live. Yeah. I did manage to get one while we were speaking. So so apparently as GF twenty twenty three, they were supposed to give those out after the Allan Way two demo, and then like something happened, and then they gave him out at the press event that I couldn't go to. So this has been sitting in the back of my head, like, man, I really want that Thermis. I could have had it, but for whatever reason, didn't happen. I finally, finally the Thermis is coming my way. I'm very excited. I want to drink so much coffee out of that shit.
Speaker 1: I like Thermiss. I like vacuum technology.
Speaker 2: Everybody.
Speaker 1: That's a cool thing. All right, let's wrap up this show. Let's see here, we gotta have a few things we should do. New poll question here we go grade games, Calm, Opening Night Live.
Speaker 2: ABCD or lower.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about those results here on Giant Bombs game mes morning tomorrow. Speaking of Giant Bomb later today, Blake Club's back. I'm gonna go check out that that trespasser a little bit more Trespasser, gott to.
Speaker 2: Find a blue key.
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 2: It's a game that I really like, but not necessarily.
Speaker 1: Not necessarily when I'm playing it, Jason, like playing it's maybe not good, but everything else about it, I'm really into it.
Speaker 3: The reaction of your health tattoo was everything I dreamed of, and I just I can't believe I didn't know anything about it until they mentioned that you were gonna be playing it. So I immediately googled it because I didn't. I'm not the one playing it. I can look up whatever I want. And when I saw that for the first time, I was he's gonna lose his mind. Awesome stuff, Awesome. It's been fun to kind of discover what that game is. Yeah, Yeah, and I got a despite the name, Blake cub is a beacon of light. Man. It's just just makes me laugh every single episode, whoever's playing of you three goobers, It's just it makes me. It's a lot of fun. These games are terrible, and watching you react to them is terrible. It is fun because they're terrible. It's it's just it's it's exactly what I need if I need a laugh, that's where I go. Blake Club stuff. Keep it up. It's awesome.
Speaker 2: We appreciate it. Yeah, I love doing.
Speaker 1: It's definitely the thing where it's like, as I've discovered the things I've enjoyed doing, it's like, yeah, we'll just do Blake Club forever, no matter what kind of no matter what happens, I'm gonna be playing these bad games for people on the internet.
Speaker 2: It's been it's special to me at this point. All right, let's see.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: All I can think about now is like, you're going to a concert and last night with that riff tracks a live thing, I'm like, I wish I could have gone to that. You're not doing it again, so I'll just have to wait for that to come out on video and watch it at home. All right, everybody, let's wrap the show up. Jason FANEWI thank you so much for hanging out with me today and talk about video ms man.
Speaker 2: I really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: I always appreciate the invite sir anytime.
Speaker 1: And thank you everybody for watching and listening. Thanks to Jans for producing. Until next time, everybody, have a good one, take care of yourself.
Speaker 2: Goodbye.
Speaker 3: I'm not taking my