Speaker 1: Thank you so much for being here with us.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule and coming and gracing.
Speaker 1: Our couch with your presence.
Speaker 2: I feel like I got the chance to watch her documentary this week and I fell in love with it. You fell in love with your story French. She introduced me, guys, to your whole story, and I was very moved by the whole documentary.
Speaker 1: It was very beautifully laid out.
Speaker 2: I feel like you're a very courageous, inspiring woman to have dealt with everything that you've dealt with and still come on top and in such a beautiful way. So I want you to come here and talk about that a little bit. Tell us a story, tell us how the whole documentary kind of came about.
Speaker 1: Of like being into fruition.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that one of the things that happened for Neolexus was that when Rob and I married, we had been high school sweethearts since I was sixteen, and so when he finally settled hisself down and asked me to marry him, we had three children between us, and it was the happiest moment of my life. And so I pulled out this care or because I wanted to document it all. I'm like, I have just done the best thing ever in my life.
Speaker 2: It just started mainly of just like doing family videos, kind of like documenting like the whole process of it, and then kind of just rolled into something even more beautiful for the world to see.
Speaker 4: Just because we had made something beautiful together.
Speaker 3: And so about six months after that, we found ourselves in a financial crisis as a family and in Louisiana's criminal justice system, which is the worst in the world. Louisiana leads the entire world in incarceration. And at that point the filming continued because I just was in awe that our lives that were so beautiful just six months prior had ended up in such a desperate, really intermultuous experience, and so I had to keep recording, you know, I had to keep documenting. And so probably about maybe ten years into our sentence, Rob ended up going to prison and getting getting sentenced to sixty one years. So probably about ten years into his sentence, after I had come home from prison, it was still imperative for me to keep recording because at this point I'm thinking, certainly maybe we needed to be not even maybe we needed to be our behavior needed to be rectified, but a life sentence for us when we took five thousand dollars, I felt was extremely harsh and abrasive and a.
Speaker 4: Misuse of justice for sure.
Speaker 3: And so we continued to film at that point because we were hopeful to use it as a tool to get vibe about well with the work of our family. Over twenty one years, we were finally able to bring him home, and so then the documentary took another life of its own to be able to share with people that, you know, a story of love and hope and no matter what situation you find yourself in, when you sit together as a family, love never fails and you can make it.
Speaker 2: That's beautiful. I feel like, you know, it's definitely a true love story. You guys, you know went through a lot of you know, trials and tribulations, and you know, being from so young at age at sixteen, not really knowing, like I mean at that point, like what really love is or what that could even inspire to be into certain things, and then going through such to traumatic situations, It's like, how did you keep that love alive?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: That is a good question. I like him, he all right, you know. You know, I think about our filmmaker Gear Bradley. She's got me croning at the beginning of the movie, like, Oh, I just love me some whobbery.
Speaker 2: It can definitely tell, Like in the you know, the whole movie, I was like, you could tell like from you as a woman.
Speaker 1: You know, I've been in love. I've had my own situations.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm divorced, but you know, definitely you feel that loving times. But it's like you can tell from your facial you know, just her facial expressions, like just your you. You just exude that you were in love with him and that was like really meant to be in a sense and not even knowing you really in the beginning of the whole you know documentary, it was just like more portrayed on you and your path of what it went down to, your story.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm. So what do you think, what did it make?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 4: How do you keep it working? You know, doing that time, Rob, I think.
Speaker 5: You just keep doing the next right thing. It starts with a feeling, you know, as far as love is concerned. And the minute that I met Fox, she may mention we're high school sweethearts. From the very first moment that I laid eyes on her, there was like this little thing that happens on the inside, and people that have been in love before they know that.
Speaker 2: Feeling butterflies right right, that makes makes like, oh okay, nobody else may before.
Speaker 5: That's right, So you know that thing, and I continue to feel it over and over and over again with Fox. And then it became, you know, at that point to where I like seeing her smile, so I wanted to do things continuously that make her smile.
Speaker 1: Uh, definitely has a beautiful smile, right.
Speaker 5: You know, I like the way she lasts or you know, I always wanted to, you know, provide comic relief in our relationship. So it became things about it became very intentional. You know, when you find somebody that you love and you want to spend time with them, you know, you do things to kind of show that you know, you want to be with them. And I think I just kept doing that, and she kept doing it back, and the more she did it back, I would do it.
Speaker 6: Back to her.
Speaker 3: You know, my son Justice probably says it best about love. When he was a kid, we were a visit with his father at Angola Prison and he had. His name is Justue. He liked started liking this girl in his in his class and second grade. Her name was Justice, and uh, and he says, I'm in love. And we said, well, how do you know you're in love Justice? And he says, because I chase her and she chased me. I kiss her and she kissed me.
Speaker 4: It's like, okay, that's pretty simple, all right.
Speaker 1: I like it. Sometimes it can be just as that simple.
Speaker 2: Yes, But so did you feel like you kind of continuously kind of date each other within, you know, your prison sentence, because how do you keep such you know, a beautiful woman who's fighting for you on the outside, Like, how do you keep her into your loving relationship?
Speaker 5: Well, strangely enough, Fox and I grew started our relationship. I was in the military home on leave when I met Fox. So even from the onset of our relationship, we had a distant relationship because I stationed in Europe and she was a seventeen year old girl here in high school. And with that being said, there was a lot of phone calls. I only came home maybe twice a year on leave, and at that time it would maybe be for two weeks to maybe thirty days Max that I would be at home.
Speaker 1: So you feel like that prepared you a little bit to kind.
Speaker 6: Of fortunate unfortunately.
Speaker 3: But to make it thirty four years we've been together, right, we've been married In April, it'll be twenty four years, and we have lived together as husband and wife for a whole two years out of that thirty four year rags.
Speaker 1: And how is that working for you?
Speaker 3: Well, he's still smiling and I am too, so you know, you might keep around a little longer, Like, so this shit is working.
Speaker 2: Was it a big adjustment period when you got out to like now you go? You had your relationship you know behind, you know, in prison and you being out is was it difficult to kind of transition in back into a relationship in the outside world.
Speaker 6: I think we both have two different up.
Speaker 3: I think for me it was probably, you know, just everything, you know, when he rob came home, we had lost our business. I had held on as long as I could to the family business, and before he came home it folded. So when he came home, we were broke, broken, shit, and and so just trying to get I think the first year was just trying to get our feet up. Unto us and figuring out how is it that we're going to be able to move in life now together. And then the second year, I think, after you kind of get that situated and realize okay, yeah, you're really home, then the next phase of it for us was our sexual liberation. We had worked for twenty one years to oppress our sex drive and that's a hell of a manipulative and dogmatic and mind bending thing to do. And so just trying to reacclimate ourselves to what it means to even be human, you know, to touch, to feel, and know that you really can do so freely. So it's like a whole reprogramming thing that he and I have been going through.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because even in our prison experience, I don't know if a lot of people know this, but you're only entitled to two kisses when your family, you know, So you get a kiss when of your family members first arrive, and then you get a kiss at the end. So it was a thing that we have as a family among us that when you look at the billboard for the for the film, it's a picture of us.
Speaker 6: Kissing one another.
Speaker 5: So we laugh oftentimes about the fact that here we were for the last two decades only being allowed to kiss each other twice a day, and now we're depicted kissing all over the world, right.
Speaker 4: I said, we've been stealing kisses in visitation and now.
Speaker 1: To make up for.
Speaker 2: Us.
Speaker 1: I can't blame not.
Speaker 2: So do you feel like it was almost kind of like the first time again when you got to actually finally get into, you know, be with each other intimately again had that.
Speaker 5: Same little quirky kind of feeling that you feel when you don't really know your way around this person's you know, workings or whatever.
Speaker 6: And it takes a little time.
Speaker 4: But we're warming up right.
Speaker 1: At a time.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, And I think the further way that we move from just even the hardships we are even now beginning with the release of the film, was the first time we realized, Alex is that we have been even unpacked all of the pain and the tumal that we that the separation trauma caused us. And so just even going through the interviews after they ended, we were like, whoa, you know, I've never even thought about any of this stuff they're asking us.
Speaker 2: So I'm sure it's like you said, it's very different for both sides. You know what I mean it's like it's you forget often because we're human, like what we do suppress so much because you just deal with it because we have to live. We have to keep going one, you know, food and foot in front of the other and kind of just we have no other choice but to succeed that way. But you also don't realize how much intimate or like personal things that you kind of like have to heal. That's why I say like that, you know, dating each other and being intimate with each other or doing all those sweet things that you know, continue a relationship for as long as you guys have been together, we've.
Speaker 6: Been so twisted.
Speaker 5: We used to go back and look at Google and google how many times people are have sex with trying to figure out, like, we're doing it too much and we're not doing it enough.
Speaker 1: So what's the number?
Speaker 3: Oh that that really put things in a perspective, right because I'm like, I don't think we're doing it enough.
Speaker 1: I think we should be.
Speaker 7: You're like, and.
Speaker 3: He got it frustrated and he googles it. You know, he's like the Google wizard. I never think about friend is his friend and so he looks at says he puts it on his reading glasses and he says, do you know that people in Japan have sex?
Speaker 8: What was it?
Speaker 6: Three year?
Speaker 4: Three times a year?
Speaker 1: I could not be in Japan.
Speaker 5: Moving, But even in our country, you don't actually realize how little people are actually sexually engaged in there, you know, in a relationship to one another. So when we start looking at the numbers and start saying, well, okay, ship, I think we're doing.
Speaker 1: Pretty good, so what is your number?
Speaker 6: It varies from one week to the next.
Speaker 5: You know, it's like having a good game one day, you all and other days the jumper is just.
Speaker 1: Hitting no other ways. You just find ways to make up to go in that game.
Speaker 3: I think we've had experiences where we have had seven within a twenty four hour time, remember, and that was beautiful. And then we have had where we may go a week and be like, oh wait a minute, hold.
Speaker 4: Up right, hey, you I got access to you.
Speaker 2: So here's the one inimating at the most me, that's the honest question me.
Speaker 3: And to a point where you know, I have to sometimes just wait on him to get his little feelers together, like well then' like are you coming over? You're not coming over? But nonetheless, it is whenever he decides to come by.
Speaker 4: It's pretty nice.
Speaker 2: So how did you find your strength with having you know, him gone for twenty one years, with not being a sexual being? If you're you know, you obviously seem like you are sexual being. You watched my movies before you came here.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much, No, thank you, you're welcome.
Speaker 1: I'm just here time.
Speaker 2: So how did you find that strang to like really kind of you know, do the work and stay committed into your relationship and you know, not have sex.
Speaker 8: I think that you it is how you have sex, right, because.
Speaker 4: There's different things.
Speaker 3: I think one of the things for us was just being able to have phone conversations and you use whatever tools that you have when you're trying to survive, and and so I think that it is about one of the things that help with the discipline was just the fact that you were on a mission. I knew that the system was out to destroy my family, not because the choices that I had made were so heinous, but because the state launched its own violence against me and my family for our actions. And so just in that deep resolve not to succumb to this, Uh, it just made me fight even harder and knowing that I've got to stay focused if I'm gonna get this done, if if we're going to restore our family, we all have to stay focused.
Speaker 1: I applaud you for that. I take that. Thank you very I mean, it's not easy, you know what I mean, it's a long time.
Speaker 2: You know, you know, you find somebody that your high school sweetheart you found, you know, you know that that's your match, but you're like, you're there's something behind or there's something in front of you that you can't get to that person. So it's like, what do you do to fill that time? Did you watch porn? Did you masturbate regularly? Did you do all these things all of.
Speaker 4: The above, okay with my sons in the room.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, yes, because that's human nature. And I think, you know, even with our incarceration, that was the piece that we you know, I served two and a half years in prison myself, and so it was like, how is it that breaking the law ended up becoming sadistic enough where people say, well, we're going to remove what is human about you and your ability to have sexual intercourse while you're incarcerated. How does that have anything to do with me breaking the law. So I think that that's really like a mechanism of control.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 3: It also creates genetical nihilation because when you have men that you lock up for ten and twenty years, in particular black men, they can't pro create if they cannot reach their mates. There's only like five or six states that have conjugal visits. But again, I'm still human when I.
Speaker 4: Break the law.
Speaker 1: It wasn't the case for you guys at all.
Speaker 3: No, No, it says that I am I am human when I broke the law. It didn't remove my humanity, It didn't remove my citizenship. Why in the world does it remove my sexual activity and my ability?
Speaker 2: You're married and it's like a union, and it's like it's something that is it's a legal paper documentation. So why wouldn't be able to touch my mate?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 3: I didn't lose that in my criminal in my the court's decision. So how did that even become a part of it is really questionable in our society.
Speaker 2: So what do you think that needs to be changed within the system, you know, with going all the stuff that you've gone through, and like to implement to not have these things happen again.
Speaker 3: I think for Rob and I U an organization called Participatory Defense Movement NOLA where we train other families in legal awareness as the best form of defense. When we entered into this system, we were just like so many others. We were good people that just made a dumb or wrong mistake. And so just because we make a mistake, it doesn't mean that you should have to pay for it with the rest of your life. And so now we train other families how to deal with and how to approach those mistakes when they're made through participatory by participating in your own defense, which is what you see in the movie. Time with me making the phone calls, with me following up with the attorneys and the judge's office, is just me participating because I'm not just laying on the sideline for you to decide what you're going to do about my family. I'm going to actively participate in the process.
Speaker 2: And most people, I'm sure don't know what to do, Like where do you start? Where do you go through?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And that's kind of like I think a beautiful thing within your documentary is that how you've kind of opened those doors to let families know that there is things you can do. That's just because they tell you no doesn't mean that's no. It means that there is other things that you can do. You may have to be a little bit harder and jump through some more hoops unfortunately, but there is also you know, you just don't give up.
Speaker 3: Yes, And I think you know, even with whether it's in incarceration, whether it's you pursuing a career that others in society may not see as the best career choice for you, you still have to fight to get there. I mean, it's like, I'm proud of you. You had something that you believed in that you were passionate about. You left your small town in Texas and came out here to LA and you are doing, you know, bringing forth what you have come into this life to do. Because sex is a very important part of our humanity for sure.
Speaker 2: And I feel like, you know, it's you know, if there're parallels, but very similar in certain things. It's like where you know, you get ridiculed because you make decisions or whatever. Just because I made a decision doesn't mean that's right for you. But that's why I always go with to each his own what works for me may not work for you. But work works for you doesn't work for me either. But you know, within my own lane, if I'm doing something that I want to do with mine was in the sex industry, was that's how I performed or I say, like created my art. That's how I expressed myself. I was very you know, comfortable in my own skin. I didn't think that it was I never felt like used or like something like that. It was all in my own you know, timeline and what I wanted to do and portray to the world. And I feel like I've gotten so much positive feedback throughout the years about from you know, body imaging and just like just being comfortable on your own skin and talking about it. You know, I think education is really important. If you don't know and educate yourself enough to know that, then sex could quote unquote be bad, or you know, the prison system could be you know bad, or choices that.
Speaker 1: We make could be bad. But it's like, if we.
Speaker 2: Educate our you know, the world, then we're way more ahead of our game than we can ever be.
Speaker 4: We'll say it.
Speaker 2: Alexis, So besides the documentary, what do you what else do you have?
Speaker 1: Going on.
Speaker 3: I think for us just the fight for other people, it is for us. One our nephew Rob and I committed this offense with his nephew and he would receive forty five years and he had mace, no weapon, and so we still are working to bring him home. And we have Louisiana's longest serving woman. She's done fifty years in prison and we're working to get clemency for her as well. So it is the when you're free, you're free to free others. And you know in your own sexual liberation, whether it's one orgasm at a time, that you are helping society get free. Ours is using the skill set that we have learned on this journey to help other families get free as well.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 6: Not to mention, a lot of other people don't.
Speaker 5: A lot of the people that watch the film don't necessarily know that when I walked out of prison, I wasn't necessarily free. I still have forty years worth the parole time that I have to back up, So every month I have to see my parole supervisor. As a matter of fact, even be out here to participate in this show, I had to be I had to get approval.
Speaker 1: It was all, wait a minute, what I research?
Speaker 2: But we're too are you going to do a point robot?
Speaker 5: But the point in that is that, you know, we still are fighting to liberate ourselves from the from the sentence.
Speaker 6: UH served more than twenty one years in prison, but yet.
Speaker 5: Still have forty years to do month to month on supervision. So as Fox may mention, you know, these are just constant things that we still have to work to undo.
Speaker 1: How did that?
Speaker 2: So we talked about you and your journey and how you know, going through it and stuff like that, and I feel like, you know, prison sentence, it's for the family.
Speaker 1: It's not just you know, yes.
Speaker 2: You're doing the time, but you're you know, there are other people are doing the time outside. How has that affected you to be away from your family for such a long time and having you know, your children kind of raised, you know, without you being present in the home.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 5: I saw an article once, an article was in a men's health magazine, and it spoke about the amount of time that a father in society spends with this child engaged with their children and the average was eight hours, so between two right per month, so and two visitations from the time that visitation starts, from the time you know to the time that it.
Speaker 6: Closes, I have at least twice as much time that I could spend with my kids.
Speaker 5: So when visitations took place, we spent a lot of time engaged, you know, in conversations about things that were going on with them, through phone calls, through letters, ultimately through emails and those kind of things. We continued to stay in contact with.
Speaker 6: Them with one another.
Speaker 5: So I started realizing that I was actually putting in far more time with my children than the average person that was putting time in with theirs on the street. So once my prison sentence came to a close and I was reunited with my family, it was just doing more of the same thing, but now just having the ability.
Speaker 6: To do it in person.
Speaker 1: Awesome. Do you feel like your relationship with your children even stronger because of that?
Speaker 5: Then I tend to think so, But you know, that's just me just saying it. But from time to time they tell me that I'm doing a really good job. I'm pretty cool dad. So I've had an opportunity. I think now this is maybe my third father's data is coming up. So gifts are usually a good indication as to how well you're doing.
Speaker 1: So hint, hint, how to make sure those gifts are right right, right right?
Speaker 2: You think it's all, you know, a communication, you know, I mean you could have gone down and not you know.
Speaker 1: Had those talks, those visits, those things like that were it really matters.
Speaker 2: Were especially you know, men growing up into you know, boys and two men and you know, having that kind of structure. But it feels like you definitely were present as much as you could be or allowed to be.
Speaker 3: So much so that when I would have trouble with the teenage boys, I would say, you just wait, I'm gonna wait to your father calls. Oh, you never mind. When he calls, I'm taking you to visit this weekend, you just wait.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: And then to have this gentleman who would never raise his voice at his son's at all. It was just amazing to see the respect and the regard that had been built over the years so that he could still serve as an influence in their lives even though he wasn't in our home. So you know, we're just really really grateful for that. And she shows you that when you put your mind to doing something, God helps us find the way.
Speaker 1: I believe that for sure. How do you say, what methods do you use to stay focused?
Speaker 6: H exercise, UH, we pray, we meditate, UH.
Speaker 5: And most importantly, I think that we continue to keep the lines of communication open. So just through communicating what you're thinking, what your experience, and what you're feeling at a time, I think has a way of making.
Speaker 6: Sure that you know that you satisfied. You know that end goal.
Speaker 3: I write it on the window, I write it in my journal. At the beginning of the year, we write out our intentions for the year and uh. And then at the close of that year, we go back and we write out what you know, mark off on that list where we actually accomplished so we can go back through them again. That really works for me, and every year Alexis it was at the top of the list, restore my family, Restore my family.
Speaker 6: And so she said that we write in journals.
Speaker 5: But truth of the matter is, if you walk into our apartment she writes on the windowswhere.
Speaker 2: I mean, if that works for you, then that's what works for you. I feel like you know the more that you see it presently and it's like you have to then you have no other.
Speaker 1: Choice but to live it.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I'm a big about word affirmations. I'm very I'm positive thinking. I don't try to as much as negative stuff in the world is going on, you try to keep your mind as positive as you can be. And you know, unfortunately in situations like this too, there's no other way but to be positive or we can you know, sit down and lose the fight.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 3: I think the other piece that really has helped us is comic relief. You know, when you can change it, you better laugh about that ship till you can get past it, you know. So I think our family is some of the biggest jokesters you'll ever want to meet, and uh sometimes even tell our own fault. We laugh at things that make it that are happening to us that you know, have no that are not funny at all.
Speaker 2: But you know, we would find humor in our own in our own way, you know, I'm you know, comedy is a good thing. Laughing, you know, it's good for the soul, right, laughing, it's good for the soul.
Speaker 1: So who all right? Or what? Or who?
Speaker 2: Is one of your biggest inspirations this year? Going through all the crazy stuff you've I has already been through.
Speaker 1: We have COVID going on. We had a crazy election times all that is what big and this.
Speaker 4: Year, this year, twenty twenty one, yes, that's at the top of the year. I think I know mine.
Speaker 3: For me, one of the people that have been a big inspiration for me at the beginning of this year has been the Game and being able to have connected with him through Clubhouse and just watching how he is using his platform to open communication to talk about relationships. Just some real down to earth shit has just really been moving to us, even to the point of how much he has enjoyed our movie and what the movie has meant to him. So that has that's touched me in a special kind of way. Just building that relationship out with him and then seeing how you can use that relationship to enhance or bless more people.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it's any one individual that's done it for me, but I would have to say in my own patriot tis that I would have to say that I'm really proud of the American public.
Speaker 6: Even though so deep, even though our country's are exiting.
Speaker 5: President Trump mentioned about the fact of making America great again. But I think that America has shown that it has become great again, just and when you look at the protest, you know, with people actually taking action and speaking truth to power, you know, whatever side of that argument that you're on, but being able to look at the worldwide protest that has been happening centered around issues that are taking place here in America, you know, and just seeing people out in the streets, seeing people willing to you know, speak truth to power, to bring and hold accountable our leaders.
Speaker 6: And those kind of things.
Speaker 5: So it's really the overall American culture, culture and the people themselves that have been most impressing to me. I would have to say for the year twenty.
Speaker 4: Twenty, including the great state of Georgia, how we've.
Speaker 5: Been able to even you know, redefine ourselves. You know, you look at businesses that are closing, but yet you see other ones that are thriving, you know, so you know, just people being able to show how creative they are, you know.
Speaker 6: In the midst of a pandemic.
Speaker 2: It's definitely been a defining year, you know, the closing you know of twenty twenty up and coming, you know, twenty twenty one we're into now. It's like, you know, it's definitely been trying times for a lot of people. You just have to I feel like it's we have people time to have self reflection and also kind of redirect where they were going or where they weren't and kind of moving into different directions that you possibly may not have never known, you know, from platforms, from either clubhouse or all these things where, like you said, connecting people on other levels that we didn't have access to at one point before, where it's like kind of people are kind of coming together.
Speaker 4: In their own and making a difference for sure.
Speaker 1: What would you describe to yourself? What is true love to you?
Speaker 6: True love?
Speaker 5: I think love that works, you know, because it don't necessarily have to work right, you know, But I think a love that works is definitely an indication of a true love And that's going to vary from one person to the next, because what you may necessarily need in order to feel love or to be in love with someone maybe different from one person to the next.
Speaker 6: But I think that love has to work at least on your turn.
Speaker 1: Everyone's level. Language dees are all difference right exactly.
Speaker 3: Mine would be just that when you recognize that they're more deposits made than there are withdraws. You know, relationships are like bank accounts, and so when we continue to put you know, doesn't mean that you're not going to go to the bank and take some stuff out.
Speaker 4: You know, stuff happens, Plumbing.
Speaker 3: Goes bad, house needs a rough But you know, the goal ultimately is to just keep making more deposits into the relationship that.
Speaker 4: You make withdraws.
Speaker 3: And for Rob and I that has truly been one of those you know, when you look at the long arc of thirty four years of being together, you can definitely see that if there were not more deposits than withdraws, the energy would not be the same.
Speaker 1: I like that. How do you feel like, how how inspiring is it to you?
Speaker 2: Or how do you feel like now that the world's seen your love story portrayed now with the with the documentary I came to talk documentary, I can't talk, Yeah, documentary, Yes, got it? How is that for you to say, like, show the world your love story? How does that make you feel? How does that make you move?
Speaker 5: For me personally, it makes me feel empowered because it's not just our story, It's the story of some two point three million people that are that are struggling, you know, with incarceration as a reality for them all across the country. So to know that, you know, our story was a story that had been chosen of a you know, kazillion other stories, uh is empowering, you know, on an individual level as well as on a collective level, because just as families are able to see how it is that we were able to overcome the hardships of our incrs, it shows other families that they too, by putting one foot in front of the other doing the next right thing, that they too can overcome the hardships of prison as well.
Speaker 3: We initially started this journey wanting to be a demonstration of love. We knew initially that this was bigger than us. And you know, the other families that we touched during visit, the ones that would come and say thank you Fox and Rob because we watch you all and we know that being a family in the midst of this is possible because we watch you all make it. We watch how you're raising your six sons and we're following your lead. And then to watch families come behind you as the greatest compliment you get your freedom, you show them the tools that you use and they use them and you're watching those families be you reunited as well. Our intention has always to be a demonstration of love. And so when we hear people say that we see the love, we saw that love. I've never seen love like that before. I didn't even know this kind of love existed. Then we get in our own you know, we lay up in the bed and we say, yes, we did it, we did it, We did you know, because it wasn't happenstance. We were very intentional about showing people that were stronger together than we are apart. And I think that that is one of the biggest messages to me, is that we can always accomplish and achieve more even in our country when we are together than we ever can when we are separated and divided from one another.
Speaker 2: I definitely think you guys were successful and that message that you know, the documentary is very you know, it's beautifully laid out. It was inspiring to I feel like a lot of families that could maybe use to help to know what you can and can't do, or what the struggles that go through all that, because I feel like there's not enough stories where people win. You know what I mean, and it's always about the latter. It's like, yeah's not someone like maybe they did half the time and they you know, they couldn't stick it all the way out or whatever. That's why, you know, I commend you for being so courageous and so to such a strong woman to keep all of that on your back and raise you know, your sons as much as you know as you have and still having your partner be all of that is really unique situation, I feel like, because I feel like it's like, you know, you could have not shown up. You could have not had the kids come there, They could have not had these things and not had that kind of relationship with their father because of whatever reasons. But you chose to keep your family together. And I think that's really important message to show everybody.
Speaker 4: We all got to fight for what we believe in.
Speaker 3: If you're not standing, with the old saying, if you're not standing for something, you'll fall for anything.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't want to know life without purpose.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't want to It's not living if you don't have something that makes you want to get up in the morning. So, whether it's the pursuit of freedom, whether it's the pursuit of building your career or building your finances, but just having that something or building more love, just being able to wake up each day in pursuit of something that gives you a little feeling that you would say, do a little bit of something that means.
Speaker 4: A whole lot every day.
Speaker 2: I like that Private talk. I hope you're liking this episode. Make sure you subscribe and like to this episode. Let us know where we can find you about your social media's and your weapon set that you have on.
Speaker 4: All social media.
Speaker 3: We are Fox and Rob and our website is Fox and Rob as well our organization pdium Nola, which is really blowing up. We judge the success of our organization by how much time we save people from going to prison versus how much time someone spends in prison. And since our inception in twenty and nineteen April of twenty and nineteen, we've saved almost a thousand years of time for families from going behind bars, using things like drug treatment, using things like domestic violence therapy for couples instead of them going to be incarcerated. So it's just little things like that that we're doing that is wake up and do a little something every day. That means a whole lot, so they can check us out with Pdiumnola dot org as well as Fox Androb dot com and your clubhouse?
Speaker 1: What is your clubhouse? Fox and Rob?
Speaker 2: Fox and Rob all day, privatize shar go and support them. We're gonna take a little bit of a break and then we're gonna get to my favorite prior, Truth with tex all right, Private Talk, We are back with Fox and Rob and it's about to get a little bit more hot and steaming in here.
Speaker 1: So Truth with Texas? Are you ready to play my game?
Speaker 4: We are.
Speaker 1: I feel like you're a little nervous.
Speaker 4: You know, we're trying to get liberated.
Speaker 1: I'm here, we liberated. I'm a sexual athlete of sorts.
Speaker 2: You know. I used to be an adult and adult industry you know, quite some time, and I feel like this is the right place for you to be liberated.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you. We receive it.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna play Truth with Texas. We're gonna pick your first card and see.
Speaker 1: What you get.
Speaker 4: Lacky are we supposed to say?
Speaker 1: Right ace of what is it?
Speaker 4: A space?
Speaker 2: That's the favorite here at Private Talk because it's a naughty question. They're all a little naughty.
Speaker 1: Let's see how naughty.
Speaker 2: We won't get too crazy with you yet, will warm you up? Have you ever used a toy during sex?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 3: We've been looking to go and buy some toys. We are trying to get there.
Speaker 1: We used to.
Speaker 3: Before prison, have some uh some toys. But yeah, we gotta go to the toy store.
Speaker 8: Yes, toys, toys.
Speaker 1: So you've had a three something.
Speaker 8: Toys, we said, alexis toys.
Speaker 1: She's like, stick with the I'm not yet, but now we're good. So have you had a threesome?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm like the truth.
Speaker 4: I will say this that as a part of our sexual.
Speaker 3: Therapy, after Rob had been home a little over two years, when we started our therapy back in November, we took a nice trip out to the desert and went to this quaint little spot called a nude spat and spent the weekend and it was quite interesting.
Speaker 1: Where is this nude spot in California? Yeah, it's in California, California.
Speaker 4: What's the name of it.
Speaker 1: I haven't even been. I might have to go to this new mountains mountains mountain.
Speaker 2: So what happens at sea Mountains day Mountains.
Speaker 1: Y'all both said that, like so uniformly. It was like, is that what they tell you when you check in and check out?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So what is your weirdest sexual experience?
Speaker 6: Mm hmm sea mountain.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to go look up.
Speaker 4: You have to go look up sea mountaines.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're gonna go the next one. All right, let's see it.
Speaker 3: You're doing all the pulling and answering all the wrong questions, Ace of hearts.
Speaker 1: Oh that's romantic.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what is your ideal ideal four play scenario?
Speaker 3: My ideal for play scenario, yes, hm hmmm, that we would be in the park, uh, on a nice summer day and we would have the fruit basket out and some little trinkets and something to drink and to smoke and yeah, and then mister would come on over and remind me about how he wants to massage every part of my body and the great outdoors. We probably start there, and you know, I think the rest of that would kind of just take its course after that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nice park and fruit.
Speaker 1: And I think I saw porn that I may or may not have been in it.
Speaker 5: And for you, I think that it would start with a lot of unexpected that teasing that happens.
Speaker 1: You need to build up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like subtleties, but they build up over the course of time and just when I guess you get to that point that you can't take it anymore.
Speaker 6: And wherever you are, it's.
Speaker 2: Like a fifty First States type thing where it's like you tie your hands, you get like a feather and you just like can't touch those parts, but you like want to touch everything but that part.
Speaker 1: And then you touch it and it's like, oh my god, that's it. Do you have an Do you have a sex playlist?
Speaker 3: No, we hadn't put that together yet either. We've been saying we're going to do us for a music list. We've just been trying to survive and get our lives back on track. So yeah, we got a lot of stuff to do. We probably should have bought our notepaid so that we could take notes on private talk about give me my number, I'll get you, I'll give you some dope.
Speaker 1: We'd appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Guely, I will help you out anything you want to know.
Speaker 1: Miss Texas will tell you I'm here. I'm here to help you.
Speaker 2: We need it because I feel like it's all about education. It's about you know, communication, It's like, you know, you guys are really you know, learning each other in a sense and also relearning what you what you like as a person, you know what I mean as a sexual person.
Speaker 1: The older I've gotten.
Speaker 2: What I loved about porn for myself was it made me experience things that I maybe not wouldn't have and in a safe environment. And it also unlocked things about me that I was like, Ooh, I.
Speaker 1: Didn't even know. I like that.
Speaker 2: That's what you know, It's a beautiful thing. And it's like for me, I think sex is a beautiful things. It's art how you express yourself. It's how you you know, you form your relationships with each other and how you get a deeper bond with each other.
Speaker 1: So I like it. I'll send you some songs girl.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, all right, you got a new best friend, Alexis whether you.
Speaker 1: Know it's not all right? Some diamonds. It's a spicy question, but we're all a little spicy here.
Speaker 6: So what.
Speaker 1: Mmmmmm what do you think of when you pleasure yourself?
Speaker 4: What do I think of when you had a lot of time, you know, Rob was.
Speaker 1: Gone, what did you you know when you were watching my movies, what were you thinking of?
Speaker 3: I was thinking probably like, oh my god, that must be really nice. The way she's looking hard. That has to feel exceptionally No, I like group six porn, the threesome points, I think. And then the romantic poem is what it's called when they you know, just not your porn hub search romantic ya. No, Rob termed me on the x x X video, so that you know, I kind of found some new stuff over there. But yeah, I like mine romantic and laid out the massage piece. So it was my spice and I answered that question you did. What about you spicy? What do you think about you pleasure yourself?
Speaker 1: You heard about you pleasure yourself?
Speaker 5: It varies, I mean it varies, I guess on you know, in the mood end, whether or not you got a long time to do it, or whether or not you got a short.
Speaker 6: Period of time to do it.
Speaker 2: So, but are you like a visual person? You obviously are watching X videos, so it's like, or do you like is it more mental?
Speaker 6: I think it's more mental.
Speaker 5: You know, you think about maybe past experiences and or sometimes I think about desired experiences, and it may be a desired experience with someone that I may not have any plans to pursue anything like.
Speaker 1: That, like a celebrity like list.
Speaker 5: It just be somebody I know, you know, but it doesn't necessarily have to be a celebrity type or whatever. But it just varies, at least for me, from one experience to the next. And god knows, when you're in prison with twenty one years, you got a lot of those kind of moments, so it, you know, you have to spice it up.
Speaker 6: A little bit.
Speaker 2: What's your pornhub search myn romantic romantic? I didn't even know that that's a category. Maybe I'm not doing romantic things on the fucking.
Speaker 1: On my videos enough. To me, it just seems it seems more realistic.
Speaker 5: I'm sure it seems more realistic. It seems more in not necessarily engaging per se, but it seems more natural and the people that are engaged seem like they have some level of care for the person that they're doing it with, whereas in some of those, you know, some videos.
Speaker 1: That I just have to watch this because I got to see if they're faking or not, because I can.
Speaker 7: Tell, I can tell if they fake in it, like they's just fake good well as far as faking as the intimacy goes, not as far as like because yeah, you know what I mean imporn and unless it's just like a home video and then it's like I don't know, like not that I don't know the person, but it's like a small sect selection of performers.
Speaker 2: So say there's like twenty people and I go to set that day, I may not know that that was gonna work that with that guy into the night before.
Speaker 1: So it doesn't mean I.
Speaker 2: Actually have a connection, but I have Like again, I'm a sexual athlete, so I'm gonna have a connection in that.
Speaker 5: Moment, right, And I think that's what it is for me. Romantic point, it's more sensual, Okay, it's probably the.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, erotic sounds like you need to go get like some erotic oils for your girl. You need to give her, put it like a bath, some candles, some flowers in there, and give her a nice massage and then it'll go down. Because the more sensual you are, it seems like you guys are very you know about energies, about like connecting and like kind of you know, you were learning each other's bodies again, even though that you know each other's bodies, but intimately it's a little bit different.
Speaker 1: It's like, what can you unlock next?
Speaker 4: Rob?
Speaker 1: Yes, she wants to know.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, we got the club question, which is a kinky question.
Speaker 1: What or if any, do you have any fetishes?
Speaker 2: You said that you were thinking about things that you may not have never done before or wanted to unlock.
Speaker 1: What are those things?
Speaker 2: Rob, I'll even give you this me too sometimes, but.
Speaker 5: I think it would probably be that's something that happens that you don't necessarily.
Speaker 1: Know that you would like like anal, like like orgies, like more like an orgy.
Speaker 6: Okay, type of experience.
Speaker 2: I guess would you care if there was more like uh topic guys or so if it was two guys, three girls, We're okay with that exactly.
Speaker 1: Sharing is caring.
Speaker 6: Sharing is caring.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: She's like, I don't even know about this.
Speaker 3: Oh my look, Alexis bitch is gonna come in roll and say that needs to be the next phase of your work. You have to do a sexual therapy counseling course, and then Rob and I are gonna sign up.
Speaker 4: I like that, and then you're going to help us. You know, as we are.
Speaker 2: Grollowing, I'll unlock these little boxes furs that you don't know that are happening. You know, I used to want to be, you know, a therapist at one point in my life, but I just felt like it was way too much. Well I didn't really want to, but I feel like, you know, with my knowledge of sex and my knowledge with private talk here, I think it's a perfect way to and like, you know, help people unleash things that you may not know because it's like, unless you get asked these questions, do you know that you even liked them?
Speaker 1: Or I'm like, oh, you may leave here and be like why did she ask me that? Or be like why did she ask me that? Why have I thought about that?
Speaker 6: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: What kind of those things? So I got you.
Speaker 5: There are good questions because they make you think about things. Like you said that, you haven't necessarily thought about it quite some time.
Speaker 1: Have you ever caught each other masturbating?
Speaker 6: Of course I kiss Fox all the time. You know, I wake up in the middle of the night and you.
Speaker 1: Know, she's like, you're sleep creeping on Foxes. No, no, no.
Speaker 3: When Rob masturbates, it's like you don't even know he's masturbated because he's like super quiet with it.
Speaker 4: Like used to twenty one years right, Like we're taking to masturbate. I'm like, so then I'm like I'll offend it. Like damn, you could have hailed it for me. What happened.
Speaker 1: See that's what's wrong with women. But I would have joined you if you would have asked me. And then you're like, I just wanted to do it alone. I needed to get it really quickly. I didn't need you right now.
Speaker 4: Like rob you south And I was like, oh okay, all right, I get it all right. You don't work that much.
Speaker 1: I got it right me either, lazy.
Speaker 4: Not catching me masturbating either. I tell you I'm about to masturbate if you awake right.
Speaker 5: But that's that's a good one though, because when you master when I masturbate, then I feel like I'm cheating, you know, because she wakes up. And then it's like after she's found out, as give.
Speaker 1: You an adrenaline because you're like, I can find I'm hoping you're acting like you're asleep and you're like, no, looking.
Speaker 3: I sleep, you know, so hard. He sleeps like a feather. I move He's like, okay, like, go to sleep.
Speaker 4: I don't need to check it every time I move in the bed.
Speaker 6: Of course.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, we love the bodily contact.
Speaker 3: You know, we waited forever, you know, to be back together, and so being this rolled when we go to bed is definitely a mustard.
Speaker 2: And I feel like you sleep better that way too, especially when you're with somebody that you know you care like. It's like like it's like a bonding when you're not really even awake, but you're like your body is cind you know. I'm like a snuggle person where I'm like attached to somebody and if they, like, if they don't want to be, like.
Speaker 1: I'm still gonna be attached. It's either big spoon or little somebody a big spoon.
Speaker 3: Look until you get to be fifty, Alex, just talk to me about the spooning when you get to be fifty and the menopause.
Speaker 4: Cake see and you like, oh, I was gonna spoon, but I'm hot, get you.
Speaker 2: I'm already lot, and so me like my problem is like I'll sweat on some I'm like, oh sorry, I'm like if you don't like me, even.
Speaker 1: I just don't stay I don't know, but I'm gonna sweat on you. I don't know, I haven't We're gonna do this together and then most times we're like, yeah, I don't care until they care then and is never known. Let's see what I feel like. I have to ask you one more question before I let you go. Yeah, what does Miss Texas have for you? What's the craziest place you've ever had sex?
Speaker 4: Sea Mountain?
Speaker 2: Besides your whole scenario about the park thing. Are you like one of those exhibitions type people where you like to be outdoor or like caught because I did watch the documentary and it seemed like you were having sex in the car and someone was filming it kind of.
Speaker 1: But I was like, she's looking too.
Speaker 2: Glowing over there, and she's looking like she ain't like at anybody else but him.
Speaker 3: But I wouldn't blame you after that long But I mean, I think you know, with that particular moment, it was more so about just reconnecting as soon as we could. And we had been apart so long that I didn't care if Jesus was around. I was gonna say thank you God for this moment with my man.
Speaker 4: But you know, for me, it was.
Speaker 3: I think Sea Mountain would be the experience that I could say that It's just been one of the most unique that we have had that I have had. But we do like spontaneous things and I just look for them. Glad you asked that question. I look forward to us being able to get back there.
Speaker 4: We used to be a really more you know, just free sexually.
Speaker 2: I think to being, you know, at such a young age when you guys were you know, met each other and we're involved in this relationship, we have way less cares then fucking my kids are oh this or like something, you know what I mean. It's always something to deter you a little bit. But it's like, you know, I think it's important to stay in that bond of you know, a relationship or sexual relationship where you can still be free spirited because that's when you I feel like it becomes better.
Speaker 4: It's like it's just more, just better, yes, just mo better.
Speaker 1: So do you have any advice for private talk before we let you go?
Speaker 3: I just think more of what you're doing is being able to get free at the ultimate goal when we talk about in our country freedom, there is nothing more liberating than being free in yourself to experience your life sexually. We are sexual beings. And while we hide behind what we think sex is a dirty thing, because that's what we've been taught by different sex, different religions. Sex was a gift from God, and I think that we all should be using it a little bit more. And you know, when we call on Private Talk to give us some coaching lessons, don't play.
Speaker 4: I got you.
Speaker 1: I don't play with it. I'm gonna give it to you.
Speaker 2: Is there anything that you guys want to ask me before we leave? Since you know I'm going to be your sex coach. I'm gonna help you unlock these boxes?
Speaker 6: When's the first lesson?
Speaker 2: I don't check my schedule, but you know I'm always a phone caller, a text away.
Speaker 4: We're gonna hold you to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 8: I can't.
Speaker 3: It's so much that I am unfamiliar with at this point. You know, when you take yourself off the grid for so long. You know, like I said, you were talking about toys do we have and it's like, no, We've been thinking about buying some more, but we just hadn't even gotten to go.
Speaker 1: To what do you You know, it's a whole it's a whole thing.
Speaker 4: It's a thing. It's like getting you an important thing.
Speaker 5: It's getting your freedoms back again, you know, because like Fox may mentioned, after you've been sexually suppressed for as long as we have, you know, it takes a lot of sex is It takes a lot of getting used to or to refamiliarize yourself with what works and you know what doesn't work. So just even being invited on the show today.
Speaker 4: Was was liberating reading Yes, thank you so much.
Speaker 5: We've been going through our own therapy. But you know, of course that's to address other concerns. But even though, as you may mention, you don't necessarily have a degree you know, in the area, but you have enough life experience that that makes makes for a good coach.
Speaker 6: Uh. So we're open and excited about the prospects of what it is that, yes.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 3: So the next time we come back on this show, we're gonna have all kinds of answers to those questions.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give you some homework for the next time on that show.
Speaker 2: Well, I appreciate your honesty, I appreciate you telling it, coming on and telling so your story.
Speaker 1: And I again, I like love The docu Menory was very beautiful. You're a strong woman.
Speaker 2: I appreciate everything that you've done for everybody, kind of opening up those doors to let people know that they're not alone, that there's there's you're not alone, that there's you know, other families that are going through the same things, and that it can still be done and should never give up.