Speaker 1: Some health insurance providers in Ireland waste your time, leaving you waiting to be seen by a doctor at Level Health. We're fed up with all the waiting around. It's about time you had twenty four to seven instant access to doctors. Level Health. It's about time twenty four to seven instant access to doctors included on plans A to WEE insurance provided by Aviva Insurance Ireland Dark Level Health Ireland Limited, trading as Level Health, is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Speaker 2: On the line with us right now is my former congressman. You were briefly my congressman before all the redistricting, Peter King, Congressman. We've been talking a lot about the socialist takeover of the Democrat Party. This is no longer the old Democrat Party. And Jude Weinberg came out with that incredible stat only what twenty percent or something like that, twenty nine percent of Democrats now say they love this country and that's relatively new because twenty four years ago, twenty five years ago, it was eighty percent. How again, listen, how many of the actual voters do you think realize that this is no longer the old right and left anymore that the Democratic Party now has just moved so far to the left. I mean, I don't know if the voters get it. We get it, but I don't know if they see it yet. When will they see it?
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, Drake, thanks for the intro, and I hope you voted for me when you lived in my district. But that's that's that's yeah, early off and right. Yes, I agree totally with Judge Weinberg on this. The Democratic Party. It's it was slowly building up this anti American feeling and then it's just even explode all of a sudden. Uh, It's dramatic. I mean, whoever thought the party of Joe Leaving and Edcotts, John Kennedy, you carrying down the list of Democratics from Bill Clinton who would have been part of this whole movement which is anti American. And also, I think Judge and I have discussed this several times, anti Israel in many ways is a cover for being anti American because Israel stands so many of the same values that we do. Strong defense, anti communists, anti left wing, free enterprise, freedom of religion, all of these principles, and also being the only democracy in the Middle East. So their target, and that to me is everyone you see who is out there in those anti quote unquote Zionist rallies, the Prohomas rallies are also anti American, so we have to keep that in mind as we go forward. But I was happening in a Democratic party. I don't think the average Now you talk to the average say Democrat in their fifties and sixties, who grew up and they come from and that think family in New York. Their parents and grandparents were Democrats, and sometimes they voted Democrats, sometimes they voted Republican, but they thought both parties were basically either slightly central left or center right, but basically within the American mainstream. I think they would be shocked, and I just wish we can get that message out of them. It's how far left they have gone, anti cop and anti military, anti basically American values and American traditions. And listen, during the worst days you could have had Joe Biden, you're gonna build the Blasio, You're gonna have anyone in office. And I would never say I'm not proud of my country. I mean, the United States stands above all exceeds in selected officials, and I was Peters want to stand for. So I can never ever say that I'm not one hundred percent of American Peter.
Speaker 4: Don't agree with him too strongly.
Speaker 1: Now, we don't want to pump.
Speaker 4: Him up too much.
Speaker 5: He's a Democrat, don't forget That's You're right, graduate, maybe a enemy among us.
Speaker 3: That's probably yeah about the party. He is the party.
Speaker 6: I am the party now, Peter, as you and I have talked about, you know, I'm I'm the last David Passon, not the last of the living moderate sense Democrats. You know the old line that Reagan had, which was I didn't leave my party, My party left me. Just imagine what he was re sponning too, is compared to what's really happening today.
Speaker 3: Peter, Yeah, I mean that in the days of Reagan, the Democratic Party, the extension went left. It was left within the American spectrum. It was still fighting for America, just had a different way of doing it sometimes, but there was never an anti American feeling. Now, during Vietnam you saw some of the plague burners in all left, but they were fringe. They were off way overrun the left. Now that fringe just taking up the Democratic Party.
Speaker 4: Isn't it true that the mayor and most of the Democratic Party are big Mets fans, not Yankee fans.
Speaker 3: So let's not get into that.
Speaker 2: Uh, Congressman King the you know you were talking about how the anti Israel stuff is really Yes, it's absolutely a testing ground. They try that out first when they're really anti American and we're asking ourselves and how do they get away with it? And the answer, I think one of the answers is they go to these old school Democrats and they just portray themselves as being an anti Trump party, And sadly, a lot of those old school Democrats are down with that. They're fine with that, and then it helps to shield everything else. So, just like the anti Israel stuff shields their anti Americanism, they come out with an anti Trump message and suddenly a bunch of Democrats who would if they heard anything else on their platform, would be shocked, knee jerksal vote for them. I mean, that's how mom, Donnie won I think a lot of what.
Speaker 6: About to support for Peter? What about to support for this character in Maine Platinum running against the great United States Senator Common Sense bipartisan senator, a leader of the Senate who you know well, Susan Collins. How do you support a guy like Platner who has everything against him and yet all the Democrats are rallying behind him.
Speaker 3: You mentioned Susan Collins, My dealings with her when I was chairing with the Homeland Security Committee, she and joe Leabaman riding the Senate Homeland Security Committee. Why the pleasure I was to work with them and two of them Democrat Republicans standing for homeland security. They were great, totally totally pro American. Slightly different views on different issues, but overall totally pro America. Would accept him, Yes.
Speaker 4: Tell him the story about your sidekicker from the Democratic Party when he used to leave the intelligence meeting and the Homeland security meeting.
Speaker 3: Now the United States senator from California, you're talking about Adam Schiff. Yes, you know, you take it into what's discussed the intelligence great. Having said that, there's one example he's been out there now he would hear something and take it out of context and go up and next thing you know, it's on CNN, thes be top secret. The example I always uses, Hope Picks. It was the top age to President Trump before he was president, and she's there and there's like three hours of testifying testimony when they were trying to show the connection with Russia, which was total fraud, and so Adam Shift being very Actually that was Swowell asked the question, I think and Schiff was the one who leaked it. Swowell says, Top picks his President Trump ever told you to lie? Now, I give hope it's credit. She younew where they were coming from, and she said, well, only if you want to call it like a white lie, like if he if somebody calls, he'd want to talk to you, say tell him I'll call him back later. And that was it, she said. But other than that, nothing ever important, nothing ever that affected anybody. Next thing, you know, CNN is reporting Trump a top Trump eight admits she told a liar the oath. It was a bad story on CNN. And the thing is we're we're not around of state, and this does anything. We're hear in the Intelligence Committee and he within fifteen minutes, it's all over national television. So I remember that was Swolbow asking the question, and Shiff was the guy that was talking about it, and between the two of them and others on that committee. That was again they were It's one thing if they really thought there was something serious to those allegations, but that was just an attempt to bring down the president of the United States. And that's that was they told me about a coup. That was the real first attempt at coop here in the United States. It was when Democrats, prominent Democrats and also people like Jim call Me and John Brennan and others in that foreign policy intelligence establishment knew what they were saying was totally untrue. I listened what they was. Russia involved in the election. They were involved in every election. It didn't matter, no impact at all that Trump people were not dealing with Russia. In fact, one example I always used is right after the election, the big explsa in the New York Times was that Russia was making phone calls into Trump Tower. Yeah, they were because they know who to deal with. The election was over. They had no contact with the Trump team, so they were actually calling into Trump Tower to see who do we deal with in the Russian administration and administration, and so that to me that proved there was no connection. Instead, they try to show listen if Russia is trying to do espionage. They're not going to call it trumb Tower and try and say who do we talk to with the administration. I mean, that just showed again how miss weeding at all was and a national media went along with it, and it was really a disgrace the way that was carried out. But also getting back George w again, you're talking about people in the Democratic Party, how they've gone off, and I again, I think that puts more of a burden on us, those of us who are been probably going off conservative or certainly love America. We have to be careful in how we get our message out there. So we can't give them. We can't give you opposition things they can use and distort against us. Now they're going to do it anyway, but we shouldn't give them the ammunition to use against us. We have an extra burden to live up to.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, Peter King, I don't know if you're going to laugh or cry, but you just talked about the Russia collusion.
Speaker 5: Oaks.
Speaker 2: Here's Barack Obama yesterday talking about how he believes in the peaceful transfer of power. Listen to this hypocrisy, tush.
Speaker 5: A belief in the peaceful transfer of power after the people have spoken in fair and free elections, recognizing that in a large, complicated society like ours, no group or faction gets its way one hundred percent of the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then he convened people in the White House after the Trump victory, read to push up the Clinton.
Speaker 3: Set up right in the Oval Office with Brennan and the others. And he also was putting out these mysterious things. I want all records frozen and everything. I want, you know, all the evidence of collusion. And he knew there was nothing there. He knew there was nothing there, and I used to and again this is the frustration in the way of being on the Intelligence Committee. You listen to these guys. You listened to Brennan, you listened to Camie, and you realized there was nothing behind him. But you couldn't really go out and say that. I mean, I called me would basically say when we when I saw what I saw, I couldn't believe it. We had to do this, we had to do that. And then you more, you listened to him, there was nothing there. But again that's not the way the media reported it. And now that that to me was a dark moment in American history, and Barack Obama was behind it.
Speaker 2: Well, Peter King, thanks so much for joining US congressman on this on this free day. If you woke up this morning and didn't know it was a federal holiday, now you know and you'll get better parting day.
Speaker 3: Let me just say one thing and agreement with George. I have to watch my getting sucked into agreeing with Judge Weinberg's Yeah, those Brooklyn Democrats from the Jacket Club.
Speaker 6: Peter, you and I grew up in the same world at the same time.
Speaker 3: Sure, you're right, that's true, and some people say we never grow up. That's how the start true too. That's a good thing. Have a good weekend, guys.
Speaker 7: Thanks for listening to Sit and Friends in the morning. You can hear Sit and Friends in the morning weekday mornings at six. If you like the podcast, share it with your friends and listen anytime at w ABC radio dot com and download the w ABC Radio app. Hit that subscribe button on all major podcast platforms. Plus, follow w ABC on social on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and X see you next time for a new episode, so you never have to wonder
Speaker 3: What the heck is going on here