Speaker 1: Yea ripped up, didn't need advice. Who you don't have to.
Speaker 2: Come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 3: Ma Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, No Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: As you can see if you're streaming this show. In the wide shot, I got a resident Deputy Dmitri here, Deputy Deputy Bow and deputy doc. In the studio, we have Mark Schmanski here from Genesis Total Exteriors dot Com. A fine person and company. You know the reason I say that, God Almighty, and I don't mean that in a disrespectful way, but that the stories we hear about contracting, my God, do you know how many days people I mean, how many times people call me over the days saying I put money down never saw him again, whether it's roofing, siding, windows, decks, everything that he does outside stuff and when the weather gets a little nasty, he turns his attention indoors. He also does mold mediation or remediation.
Speaker 3: I should say he does mold uh detection and remediation gets rid of it, doesn't scare people unduly. Of course, honesty is his Hallmark.
Speaker 4: But I just want to say this because I'm I'm really pissed at the industry. Mark no one, no one, no one. And by the way, let me invite callers. Three oh three seven one three talk three O three seven one three eight two five five. That's our regular line when we're here, but we also have three oh three Martino. Now that number goes to the studio when or here, and it goes to our voicemail when we're not. And I will tell you Kachina colorI, my producer will tell you she checks every day and we'll call you back.
Speaker 5: So if you leave a number, we will call you back.
Speaker 4: That's three oh three Martino, three O three six two seven eight four sixty six. And you can text me. We have a line here at iHeart. It's a short code they call it. You just put that in for the number and put tom in the message and I'll get it five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 5: I read each and every text.
Speaker 4: Also, you can text me at my private Google Voice number, and that is three oh three seven. Excuse me, no, no, My Google Voice number is seven four seven. I just picked that from anywhere. You can pick any number you want, seven four seven because I.
Speaker 3: Like big jets nine nine nine.
Speaker 4: Because I like near perfect scores and fifty two eighty. So it's seven four seven nine nine nine fifty to eighty for the Mile High City. Seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty. Okay, back to Mark Mark. No one is enforcing the.
Speaker 3: Contractors Trust Act.
Speaker 5: No one. It pisses me off. I mean, I I can believe that.
Speaker 6: I mean, I think it's something that I mean, number one, try to get some type of government official to do anything with it, and then you know, I yeah, I mean, we have a fund that we keep separately for jobs that come in and they're if they're being paid in advance, you know. But a lot of times too, it's as soon that money comes in, it goes out to pay for the material.
Speaker 5: Well, of course it does.
Speaker 4: But but but what you can't do is buy a picked up truck or braces for the kids, you know.
Speaker 6: I yeah, Sometimes you see this contractor showing up in these great big four wheel drive pickup trucks with a huge oversized wheels, and like, how are you paying for that?
Speaker 5: I mean, that's that's just crazy. Anyway, bottom line is that.
Speaker 4: The Contractors Trust Act has no teeth in the state of Colorado, and I think we should give it some teeth. We should have some built in penalties or something without people having to do a civil case. But here's the bottom line. The biggest problem in all of roofing, home construction, everything, even major car repairs, money down.
Speaker 5: It sucks money down.
Speaker 4: Now, I say, if you can don't put any money down, there are times, and I don't say that is a condition for being on my show or being on my referral list.
Speaker 5: It's not a condition.
Speaker 4: But I will tell you no matter who you're dealing with, it's the safest way to do it.
Speaker 5: But if you must.
Speaker 4: Put money down, there are ways to do it to protect yourself. You can pay when materials are ordered in your name, and you can verify it and make sure it's in your name, so if the contractor go belly up, you could pay the balance of that order and get the stuff. Second, you can pay when materials are delivered. You can pay when work starts, you can pay us work progresses. But this is the number one problem with contracting. So get your calls in three oh three seven one three talks seven one three, eight, two five five, Any follow ups deputy doc or bow. First, I'll start with you, and then we'll see is a major mark major on yet?
Speaker 3: Yep, yep, Oh wonderful. Why didn't you chime in?
Speaker 5: Big mouth?
Speaker 3: Come on?
Speaker 4: Now he's not gonna for sure because I just said, big mouths stop it?
Speaker 5: Hey, why didn't you chime in on this? The money down thing?
Speaker 3: Come on? How much do we hear so we harp on it all the time. I mean, it's crazy. If people don't listen, they don't listen.
Speaker 4: So I got a text here meeting with pat tonight to sign on the dotted line. Okay, now we got one here. Just wanted to give you a shout out. That was for my other company, by the way, and I didn't mean to read that, I just saw it. But thank you, by the way, we love you at Wave eight Wealth Management, and honest to God know we're having wonderful, wonderful results.
Speaker 3: Just wanted to give you a shout out to Fuller Law.
Speaker 4: Though our case isn't done yet, man has his team treated us with the utmost respect, me and my family.
Speaker 5: They always keep us notified.
Speaker 4: I'm glad I listened to your show you know what, and chose Fuller law mark. That does my heart really, honest to God, it fills it with joy when I know seriously that our people are just all we're all pulling together to keep the brand, to keep the name, the referraless name, that the company's name, fuller law a genesis, total exterience, all of my people. This is truly. You can't fake it and make it. You can't only for a little while. You know, phonies are the worst thing in the world. So I'm happy that you are getting good results because we care, We really do.
Speaker 5: And speaking of caring, I don't know.
Speaker 4: If you've been keeping track of the news lately, but there are people literally going nuts around the country and this Trump derangement syndrome is running strong. Do you know that's sixty percent? Sixty No, it's actually fifty seven percent. Let me just put it here, but okay, here it is, I say, fifty seven.
Speaker 5: Oh I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 4: Our reason surveyed by Spruce reveals sixty four percent of Americans feel election related stress and therefore are either canceling or altering plans to be with people of the other philosophies. Does that bring that what's horrible? Now seriously, now, Licken, I gotta tell you my family. My family is liberal, every one of them except me. They hate Trump. I don't even know how they reconcile some of the progressive thoughts, but they do, especially being strict Catholicism and anti abortion as a church.
Speaker 3: They're not individually, but I want to get into it.
Speaker 4: We never let it affect us ever ever as people ever.
Speaker 5: I mean, we just don't we disagree?
Speaker 3: Mark, how about you? No, it's a little different, and isn't it, because though it's getting better, it's getting better.
Speaker 5: But who pulls the gloves off first?
Speaker 7: Not you?
Speaker 3: Well, what do you mean who pulls the gloves off?
Speaker 4: Who gets who gets mad and says, well, forget it, I'm not going to do this or I'm not going to do that.
Speaker 3: Well, it all goes back two years ago, though, like when Trump first won and then when Biden one, and uh, you know, people kind of rubbing that in other people's faces. Then when the tables have turned, then it seems to be different. Does that make sense? Yeah?
Speaker 4: You know, But regardless, I want to say this, and I really mean it. There are a lot of sour pusses out there, but not that many I thought, and I'm going to be straight here.
Speaker 5: I thought there would be.
Speaker 4: Way more way, way, way, way more reaction and way more sour milk, and way more crying and carrying on. And I don't necessarily see it. And you know, Mark, I check a lot of liberal sources as well as conservative. I'm not seeing it now. I am seeing, you know, lamenting in all of that. What could we have done in all of that? And I heard one ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Don't even understand it.
Speaker 4: It was on you know, the c Span type channel they keep running all the time. Well, I get it through my Samsung TV. I don't even know what it is, but if they stream stuff all the time. And so there was the Democratic Caucus giving a news conference and they were speaking, three of them, as if there's some kind of mandate. They came up and said, we know that we still have our mandate to enforce equity, inclusion, diversion, to make sure that we push our progressive agenda, that we fight for the freedoms of mankind of course, all this and healthcare productive healthcare rights or whatever they're calling it now, and an equality for transgenders and all of that, and nothing they said is wrong. I mean, that's they're all wonderful things. Everyone, I mean, honest to God, everyone should be should be treated equally.
Speaker 5: And I don't know why we.
Speaker 4: Feel that one side doesn't believe that. But in any case, so they kept paching like this, saying they heard their mandate. And I'm thinking, did they look at the election results?
Speaker 5: Did they?
Speaker 4: Did they look at that map that shows not just the okay, the population centers, but I'm talking about every county in America And to see that, yeah, every county in America. They're the only blue was around LA Chicago, New York and Denver and DC, Tom and DC.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean it was like, hello, we're in a pocket now. Now, I'm not preaching to you, by the way, if you know, honest to God, I'm not. If you're progressive, I respect a lot of your.
Speaker 3: Views if you're if you're if you're a conservative, what I'm just curious, like what.
Speaker 4: Okay, I like the progressive agendas when it comes to financial.
Speaker 5: Stuff, they they are.
Speaker 4: And again this goes back to Obama and some of the new things.
Speaker 3: Like investing in DEI company stuff like oh no, no.
Speaker 4: No, that that was by started by by the way, think and black Rock that was not on Obama, that had nothing to do with the government, and I had to actually study that that was done by Blackrock, and that was insidious. That's a whole different topic. But I want to tell you, Mark, very astute. Though they do, they do push it. You're right, it's not law. But what I like, what I mean is in actual legislation, they've helped us with a lot of credit card legislation. They've helped us and I think some some of my affordable.
Speaker 3: Care and what's what's a specific.
Speaker 4: Okay, minimum payments and and amortization on credit cards, penalties and late fees. Now they're creeping back, I must admit it, but they tried to make some revisions. What I'm saying is there's Mark, are you saying that absolutely one of everything that Democrats go for is bad.
Speaker 3: I'm just struggling to think of one.
Speaker 4: That's why I asked you, okay, And and I think that now there has to be balanced here. Hey, there needs there needs to be regulations on insurance and they're big on that. They're big on that, and I hate insurance companies. I'm not saying what they do. I want to carry their flag or elect someone, because I know Mark goes to the extreme when I start talking balance.
Speaker 3: But but my god, all I ask all I asked for, was one of your pallacy.
Speaker 4: There are few, There are few things, but there are things, mostly to do with consumerism and consumer.
Speaker 5: Advocacy, and I do like.
Speaker 4: I do like that they expanded Medicaid coverage.
Speaker 3: Based on income to a.
Speaker 4: Wider variety of people who need it, and I think there are certain things that are good about it. I think there are terrible things about the Affordable Care Act, too, but not everything.
Speaker 5: I like that there are big, big.
Speaker 4: Proponents on solar and solar credits and all of that, and ev cars.
Speaker 5: I like that part.
Speaker 4: I'm not now what I don't like is when California says in ten years, no elect no gasoline vehicle can.
Speaker 3: Enter the state.
Speaker 4: I mean, there are stupid things, but I'm not talking about that.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: There's some nuggets of things I like, and I just think that that we don't have to just reject it out of hand because it is it is on the liberal side. Anyway, Doc, were you gonna say something, I got to take a break, But we're no.
Speaker 8: I'm just going to say that there's a difference between traditional Democrats and progressives, and that's.
Speaker 3: True, that's not really, doc not really, we wouldn't have had that candidate. We just had not any regressive candidate ever ran before. And by the way, back to your tax credits and solar that you happen to mention that was actually started by the Bush administration.
Speaker 4: Now I understand, But what I'm saying is it was really pushed by the Democrats. He didn't do it out of the goodness of his heart. It was really pushed by Democrats. And look, I think I think lately the the so called progressives ducks that are not your mainstream Democrats. They are now, but mainstream Democrats used to be some pretty sensible, hard working, good people fighting for the workingman.
Speaker 5: Okay. And I said this to my son one time.
Speaker 4: He says, Tom, Dad, you tend to skew conservative on things, and you tend to skew that way.
Speaker 5: And what happened.
Speaker 4: When you were younger. You said that you were liberal, and I said, yes, I was. I did a lot of protests. I was for freedom of speech beyond anything you'd ever I was for freedom of expression. I was for against big pharma. I was against senseless wars. Blah blah blah blah blah. Okay, And I said, and son, I have never changed one of my beliefs, not one of them, not one of them. I've not changed my position on anything. And the world around me called me liberal then and conservative now.
Speaker 5: Because liberal we wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Recognize them back in the day when we were protesting in college, we wouldn't recognize them.
Speaker 5: We'd spit on them.
Speaker 4: Because liberals today want more government control, the more the better. They want to shut down free speech, they want to censor everybody take, they want to mandate healthcare, they want to mandate.
Speaker 5: Morality.
Speaker 4: They want to mandate every aspect of your life. And they use race as a way to divide people, not to unite them. And it's everything I fought against. And I was called a liberals. So you figure it out. We got more coming up. I'm Tom Martino.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: Let's go to the phones now.
Speaker 4: I got Mark's camera up for those on YouTube that want to be visually assaulted.
Speaker 3: His camera is up.
Speaker 4: You can see his fine little T shirt there. I don't know what it says, but it better not say the monkeys.
Speaker 5: Uh, Sonny, what's going on with you? Sonny?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 9: Tom?
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm doing good so far? What about you?
Speaker 10: I'm doing good?
Speaker 11: But I got a surprise in the mail last night?
Speaker 5: Uh oh? And what is it?
Speaker 9: Over to start?
Speaker 12: Well, it's it's a parking citation delink notice from the City of a Wara finance department.
Speaker 5: So it's it's actually from hold On.
Speaker 4: It's actually from the city though, yes, that's what it says.
Speaker 9: It says, uh Cashier's office one five to one e Salimated Parkway A Waura, Colorado.
Speaker 4: Okay, Now did they say what when this ticket was given?
Speaker 13: It just said it was delinquent.
Speaker 9: But this was the first time I've seen it.
Speaker 13: But the issue is it is said.
Speaker 11: It says I have a vehicle abandoned on public property B and they have a license and a VEN number and a Jeep and the color and I've never owned this vehicle.
Speaker 4: Tom, Yeah, Okay, there's a couple of things that are going on. It could just be out and out mistake. Okay. It could also and your your address could have been how long have you been at your address?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 14: Years?
Speaker 4: So it's not that, but it's a mistake with the address, or it's fraud not on your part, but fraud.
Speaker 5: Or some other mistake. What do they want you to do?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 5: Is it addressed to your name or just your address.
Speaker 9: That's to my name and address?
Speaker 5: Do they say the car is registered to you?
Speaker 15: Let's see what exactly does.
Speaker 5: It say, Sonny? What does it say.
Speaker 12: Vehicle identified a BOB on the date? Shall official Department of Motor Vehicles records specify that you are slash? Were the vegeted owner at the time of this vehicle was sighted?
Speaker 5: Okay? Are or were did you ever own a car like that?
Speaker 9: No, I've never. I don't own jeeps.
Speaker 4: Okay, if you ever did, or anyone who lived with you did, that could have happened.
Speaker 9: No, nobody went with.
Speaker 5: Me, did, Okay, And I'd like to first hold on.
Speaker 4: What I'd like to do first for you is get one of our peeps to run that to see who owns it, okay, and to see why it came back that way. So they have a license plate number and a ven number?
Speaker 5: Is that right?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, let's give it to one of our deputies. Kachina, you decide, we do have peeps that can run those numbers, and we can figure out who owns that car, and if it isn't her name, that's where the fraud happened. And obviously you just you need to notify the city and just tell them it's not.
Speaker 5: Yours and you never own one, and there must be a mistake.
Speaker 4: Do that no matter what we find, Okay, okay, how much.
Speaker 5: Do they want?
Speaker 9: Seventy five dollars?
Speaker 12: Oh well wait, it says yes, it doubles after twenty days.
Speaker 9: Two one hundred and fifty, So to do totally do after eleven fourteen?
Speaker 5: Can you send that to us.
Speaker 4: Please sure Kachina give her instructions on sending that to us, and then let's let's tackle it. You decide who you want to give it to. Just let me know for sure who we're giving it to, and then.
Speaker 5: We'll do it. Because I haven't heard anyone yelling out, I'll take it.
Speaker 2: Sonny.
Speaker 3: You should just call them right now yourself and say I to my car.
Speaker 4: Of course I did you. Of course she should. But I want to know if it's registered in her name. So Deputy D is going to take it. Send that information to Deputy D and we will check it.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Listen, you should never leave your plates on a car when you sell it, by the way, never ever, ever, ever, that can happen, or there's nothing else you can do. If there's fraud, you obviously have to.
Speaker 3: Uh, you're you're gonna have to.
Speaker 4: Just fight it, but not fight it. Just say it's not yours. They see there's no way they're gonna prove it's yours if it truly wasn't yours. By the way, waterpros dot net has the best water systems at the lowest prices anywhere, that's right, and the best systems. I'm telling you every day I have this wonderful coffee because of that reverse osmosis, and then water softening better for your laundry, for your pipes, for you, for showers, bats, and you get both systems thirty one ninety five. It's the most extraordinary deal three one hundred ninety five. If you compare it to plumbers, it'll be like sixteen seventeen thousand. Sometimes you get them a little over twelve grand. That's water pros. Get the best at the lowest prices. Three oh three eight six two five five five four eight six two five five five four.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two times. Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. We have eight eight eight heating dot Com providing you a deep clean for forty five bucks eight eight eight heating dot Com. They can also do pre second opinions on your heating system and do high efficiency units for better prices than anyone for the same system. Three oh three seven seven zero two seven seven six save each and every month after that. Okay, now we have some news stories here that I think I want to get to. I do, But okay, someone for smart ass says then to Tom in general, you saying you agree with liberal Robin Hood's liberals robinhood philosophy of taxpayer subsidies for solar, taxpayer substies for EV's, the wealthy paying more their fair share, Obama care inequities, A dismissing student death, death, constant tax and fe hikes, says defraud on employee. She said, oh yeah, sure, yeah, I'm all for that. Come on, you idiot, did I say that? Here's what I said? Okay, again, here's an overreaching conservative with nothing but ignorance. What I said was there were some policies I found in the Democratic agenda that were not all bad.
Speaker 5: That's what I said.
Speaker 4: No, I am not for Yes, I am for tax subodies for solar because I think that it actually helps all the way around.
Speaker 5: And I think for EV's is well okay.
Speaker 4: And then I by the way they phase out those evs for rich people. Unfortunately, the wealthy are I think are paying more than their share. So no, I don't agree with that. I don't agree with inequities and anything. And I don't believe in dismissing student debt because the way I believe you wouldn't like. Okay, I don't want to get into it. I don't want to have the discussion. But I believe college I believe the worst most evil billionaires billionaires in the world are.
Speaker 3: College trust funds.
Speaker 4: And those are the billionaires that aren't paying a penny and just padding their own pockets.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's what they're doing.
Speaker 4: So when you talk about these these funds, that these college is a mass and then still charge tuition, I think there should be a whole overhaul the college system. So don't try to peg me, idiot three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. I know I confuse people when I have diversity of thought.
Speaker 5: Eva. What's going on with you?
Speaker 3: Eva?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 10: Tom, I am extremely upset. I got I know. I had called about this before.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 10: And it's about the city just taking over, uh without anybody voting on it. That they're going to be my age.
Speaker 4: Oh oh the trash service, right, the trash service, No.
Speaker 10: Way, Tom, I'm talking about something even worse.
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 10: Yes, the trash service is bad, but I'm talking about something worse. They sent a postcard in the mail saying, those bastards, if you register your rental early, you might win a prize. What what a scam?
Speaker 3: Oh? Oh you're talking you know.
Speaker 4: Listen, Denver's doing the rental registrations as well.
Speaker 3: You understand that, right, There's is fully an effect, Tom. If you're not there, they started finding you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Mark, are you saying in Denver they find you or are you talking about Fort Collins?
Speaker 3: No, in Denver Fort Collins. It's pretty new. In Denver they passed it. Oh my god, maybe a year ago.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Licenses are required for all residential.
Speaker 10: Vote on anything. They just sent a postcard.
Speaker 3: Eva, you did, Yeah, you did? Your people out there voted absolutely positively to the people that are in office that made that decision.
Speaker 4: Now, why do you think they're requiring landlords to register?
Speaker 5: What do you think the reasons we have.
Speaker 10: To reregister every year? They don't say how much it's gonna cost.
Speaker 17: What do you think the reason is eva to make money for the properties.
Speaker 4: They're not going to take over the properties. Hold on, they're not going to take over the properties. Okay, let's not exactly.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 10: Let me tell you they're gone. They require re registration every year. They don't How.
Speaker 5: Are they taking over your property.
Speaker 10: Because they're telling you you cannot raise the rent but once a year and by only. I have a rental that has oh wait wait.
Speaker 4: Wait wait wait wait wait wait, that's different. Hold on, hold on, that's different than registration. So what you're saying, you're talking about the rent controls. Yes, here's what they say. Here's what their stated purpose is on their website. They want to enhance quality, listen housing quality, ensure tenants safety, improve communication with landlords, tenants and city authorities.
Speaker 3: If you read the minimum requirements, man, it's pretty wild. It's not a cool thing.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, mark well, sure rental units have minimum health and safety requirements, So talk about that.
Speaker 3: Do you know what they are, Mark? Well, yeah, I mean the exteriors like building, sidewalks, out Building fences must be in good shape, free from hazards. Yards must have rodent free, venom free insect infestation not to be allowed hazards such as holes, broken sidewalks. Stairways must be clear. Windows and doors must be capable of keeping elements out. Windows must have screens. Windows look, but do.
Speaker 5: You hear anything overly oppressive in those?
Speaker 3: Windows? Located within six feet of ground are required to have locks for security. All floors, walls, stairs, windows maintain good repair free from defects. All stairs must have handrails. Interior doors must be securely attached. Every habitable space must have a window with natural sunlight. Building contains three or more dwellings, common hallways, staircases must provide at least one sixty watt light bulb per two hundreds square speed ventilation.
Speaker 5: So obviously they're going to have inspections.
Speaker 3: Every dwelling must contain its own bathtub or shower.
Speaker 4: Do you remember some of the po Mark, Do you remember some of the rentals you've been out to for?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: Lord, they didn't have any of this. In fact, some of them didn't have plumbing.
Speaker 4: To be quite, weren't they a storage said, wasn't one guy's renting out of store?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that was a sad one. We went out there that was down the street from the old Rockies used cars, and we had a couple of calls from there. There was dead bodies in one. They took the landlord, listen to this people. They took a single wide trailer and sectioned it off into three places and there was two dead bodies in one that sat there for over a week. But when we went there, we basically had the city ready to shut the play down and then no one had anywhere to go. So it was either you know, living a shack where you went and got your water from the hose and you know, went to the bathroom outside there.
Speaker 4: Were It was a no way, not a no win situation. We got more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 3: Find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five. All right, Eva still wants some help. Look at Eva, listen. I have to explain something to you. Okay, and use me if I call you Drew by mistake. Here's the deal. The law is the law. If you don't like it, you got to get it changed. There are cities all over the country, democratic cities going to rental registrations. They're requiring minimum standards, inspections and registration fees. I don't know what to tell you, Eva. We can't change the law. It was voted on either by your city council or by the electorate. I mean, but your council. You guys give the authority to make rules. Everyone does.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 10: What I would like is if you could ask, if any how to contest this.
Speaker 3: Now I did not you You can't contest it.
Speaker 5: Eva, it is the law.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I don't want to pay property tax? Can I contest it?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 4: I don't want to pay water and sewer. I can't contest it.
Speaker 19: Okay.
Speaker 10: I guess that's why people are moving away from here.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe it is, or they're not becoming landlords, I really honest to God. Listen, we vote to put people on city councils and on school boards and all of these, okay, and then there are consequences for our votes. Remember when we had the idiot that we elected to the Denver school Board, Tay Anderson, who who lobbied and was a champion for having no law enforcement in schools.
Speaker 5: Then it was followed by so.
Speaker 4: Much violence he got voted out and they put officers back in schools.
Speaker 5: Life is its own teacher.
Speaker 4: If now, as a result of registration, landlords decide not to be landlords anymore, because not just that, there are so many laws. You know, there used to be no rights for tenants. I didn't like that either. And then it goes the pendulum swings. I mean, there's something called balance that government doesn't seem to get. It goes too far one way or the other. So right, now it's swinging in favor of tenants. Okay, and that is mostly a progressive agenda. Now, I'm not saying it's entirely bad, but most of it is right now, Okay, there are way more problems than rental registration waits. You see when people can't evict someone who they thought had a month to month lease because they don't have a just cause. Wait till they see that. But how do you protest? You elect people who are in line with your thinking. That that's how it works in this system. I'm Tom Martino. We have more coming up.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Please time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Ripped of.
Speaker 3: News.
Speaker 2: Need you don't have.
Speaker 1: Run in ass as a cam Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 3: Max is the Troubleshooter Show. No, Tom Martine Yello.
Speaker 5: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Three Old three seven one three talk seven one three A two five five. Mark Schumansky's with us today.
Speaker 3: From Genesis Total Exteriors dot Com.
Speaker 4: Of course they do everything on the outside of their house. They also do mold detection remediation. They also do basements and bats and kitchens, uh through the winter months. And I want to ask you, uh about Mark. I want to ask you about mold. We One of the most confusing calls we get here is mold. Now, I will tell you what every single mold, what every single mold call has in common. And again I'm not putting anybody down. I'm just telling you what they have in common. First, people say they're sick.
Speaker 3: And they don't know why.
Speaker 5: Excuse me.
Speaker 4: After they see the mold usually or or when they see the mold, they say, well, I know I've been not feeling well, here's why, and I knew something was up.
Speaker 5: Here's why.
Speaker 4: They haven't done any tests of the air whatsoever.
Speaker 5: They just see mold.
Speaker 4: Right, the mold appears to be black, but that's not black mold because it appears black. Black mold is a specific type of mold.
Speaker 5: There's actually six hundred species of black mold, yes.
Speaker 4: Six species, And they claim it's toxic always, and they claim it's making them sick. And what I explained to them, except for some crackpot home inspector that texted me one time and said, just the presence of mold. Now listen, just the presence of it he senses when he walks in the house and has nothing to do with mold spores in the air.
Speaker 5: And I said, well, that's just impossible.
Speaker 4: Because the thing that makes toxic mold toxic, well, it's toxic at the surface where it is if it is toxic mold, But what makes it toxic to people and animals is that it gets into the air. If it doesn't get into the air, it'll never affect you.
Speaker 6: Right, and so or unless you touch it, right obviously, if you just see it and if you stopped, you know, you need something for it to grow on. So you need some kind of organic compound for it to grow on. And drywall, for instance, you can grow on drywall. You can draw grow on wood. It's not gonna grow on steel. It's not gonna grow on metal. It's not gonna grow on concrete. On a carpet, it'll grow, yes, okay, so yes it can. And it has to have it has to have food. Yes, that's its food source. And you have to have moisture. And then you also need to it need to be warm enough.
Speaker 4: So the organic materials of food source. The water is the I don't know if it.
Speaker 5: Needs to grow. I mean that's what it helps to grow.
Speaker 3: But so now you eliminate it, and then you need to have darkness or light. It can grow on either, okay. So so to eliminate it, you get rid of the water.
Speaker 5: Get rid of the water is the number one thing you need. You need it, and then you kill the existing mold.
Speaker 6: Kill the existing mold, encapsulate the what happened, you.
Speaker 5: Know, let's say it was two by four is that got covered or drywall.
Speaker 6: You can encapsulate that after you've killed it, and then you can go upon repair and.
Speaker 4: The rest of your house or putting it back to it was. Now, how do you get it out of the air?
Speaker 5: That just through air?
Speaker 6: We use air scrubbers, okay, and so we do, and we do any kind of work we do.
Speaker 3: As long as it's not repopulating the air, it'll be fine.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 6: And then we also you also have a negative air pressure in the in the building or in the room that you're working in, so there's nothing it's not spreading around. It's going to go out, okay, you're exhaust so and that goes through a HEPA filter so it's not like you're just blowing out into the air.
Speaker 5: It actually gets filtered before it goes.
Speaker 3: But you say six hundred species of black mold, yes, okay, when in your inspections of mold, how much mold do you find that's actually toxic?
Speaker 6: So it's usually about fifty to fifty is what we'll see, okay.
Speaker 4: And then the ones that are toxic, how much do you see? How does it get into the air? It gets in the air because it gets disturbed.
Speaker 6: Okay, So you know if it's sitting there and you know, let's say it's an area.
Speaker 5: That has air air movement, it's going to get into the air.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: You think about an attic space, Well, attic spaces are getting mold, and could that get into the house. Yeah, because you open up your windows of your house and all sudden you got air blowing through your attic space. And also you're getting air that way or is it just not an air tight house. You could get air filtration from your attic space into your living space also.
Speaker 4: Okay, So the bottom line is you don't know until you test the air.
Speaker 5: Is there anything you do to test the mold itself?
Speaker 3: You can do?
Speaker 5: You can do call a surface test.
Speaker 6: Yes, actually taking tape and lifting off of that and putting us slide just like you did when you're in biology.
Speaker 5: And back in high school.
Speaker 3: There are those who call that also believe you're never going to get rid of it. So that's just a fallacy. Well yes, and no, I mean we're breathing it right now.
Speaker 4: There's always okay, well, okay, what I mean is in Texas for a while.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, you had to tear the whole house.
Speaker 4: There were people literally tearing houses down and suing their insurance company for a new house.
Speaker 5: Right, I mean, come on, yeah, I mean that's that's way over the top.
Speaker 6: And you know, again, so much higher humidity levels in Texas too that you have issues with. That can just be part of it too. Is you just have humidity and that's enough moisture for the mold to growth.
Speaker 3: But humidity alone does not make moisture or does for example, will humidity in any enclosed space cause mold.
Speaker 6: Well, again, you go back into even your huge transfer. You know, you got a glass of ice water and you got ice cubes in it, and it's a hot sunny day on the outside. There's moisture dripping off the outside of that glass. That came. That moisture came from the outside. That came that didn't come from inside the glass. It's actually you know, it's from the air. Temperature transference causes that to condensate. And now you have moisture in a room, and so that you see a lot in crawl spaces and in attic spaces.
Speaker 5: Is there anything you can do to prevent mold growth?
Speaker 6: Well, again, you know, air getting air, so it's not you know, not stagnant, right, not stagnant. You get enough air to move there, so it doesn't get a chance.
Speaker 4: To so air movement. And I heard light, air movement and light. But you said it can grow in light. Air movement and light though, are your best enemies, isn't it?
Speaker 5: Sure? Aren't they?
Speaker 18: I mean?
Speaker 4: Okay, Martha, she wants to talk about an online scam.
Speaker 3: Martha. Hi, I'm Tom Martinez. What's going on? Martha?
Speaker 20: Oh?
Speaker 13: Hi, I'm Martha from Florida. And I've never had any problem like this before, and it has to be a scam.
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 20: So?
Speaker 13: Back in July, I got a bill for a an online clothing store called b y l T Basics and it was it's just well, it's one hundred and ninety one dollars ninety nine cents.
Speaker 3: So and what is this b l Y Basics or b l Y b l b Y sorry.
Speaker 13: B y l T Basics. Oh, it's why online clothing store b y LT. So it's an online clothing store. And what had happened?
Speaker 3: Was it said?
Speaker 13: Of so like the legitimate affirm credit?
Speaker 10: Is how they bought these clothes or.
Speaker 13: How the stammer looked like they bought these clothes? Yeah, so I have called made lots, I've.
Speaker 3: Sent why what are they doing?
Speaker 5: What are they doing that's negative to you right now?
Speaker 13: Okay, So what they've done is they have it was bought through a firm credit and now then it's since July now it has been turned over to a collection agency called January.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you have this charge is showing up. Where is it on a charge card?
Speaker 13: No, it's a firm, is I guess it's a legitimate like almost like a credit card, but it's a credit that has to be checked that you can buy things through a firm which is a legitimate company.
Speaker 5: So wait a minute.
Speaker 4: So they're saying that you made these purchases online using some kind of credit card.
Speaker 10: Correct, correct?
Speaker 13: And I did not.
Speaker 15: So what's the.
Speaker 5: Name of the card you supposedly used?
Speaker 10: Affirm?
Speaker 16: It's it's a payment service. There, it's not actually a credit card. It's a credits service that online retailers offer.
Speaker 3: So you can you can pay over time. Uh for clothing for anything?
Speaker 4: Okay, well I know, but in her case for clothing bought at supposedly bought at Built. Uh?
Speaker 5: What is bill ilt? Builds a casual E Y L G.
Speaker 13: I don't know what it stands.
Speaker 3: For, but it is casual clothing.
Speaker 14: Great.
Speaker 13: So I have called that clothing company. They have no record of me. I have called the affirm. They have no record of me. But yet it has been turned over to a Wait.
Speaker 4: A minute, Wait a minute, A firm has no record of you, Built has no record of you. So the only one with a record of you is this collection agency.
Speaker 13: Yes, January collection agency. But here's how it's affecting me. Is now this collection agency is showing up at my bank that I am delinklent.
Speaker 5: In showing up at your bank? Are you talking about your credit report?
Speaker 13: It's showing it has four it has been turned in four times at my bank. I just found this out because I just thought it was all a damn and there's no way it's gonna go that far.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But how is it affecting you? What do you mean showing up at your bank? What does that mean? Showing up at my bank? I don't even know what that means.
Speaker 13: If they have I have not been to my bank yet. But on my bank statement it states that this credit this collection agency has put in a claim.
Speaker 3: That I okay, hold on, did they put a lean?
Speaker 4: Are they putting a garnishment on your checking account?
Speaker 13: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, see that's what I need to know you When you say it showed up at my bank? Is there a notice? Is there a garnishment? An order of garnishment? In order to get an order of garnishment, there would have to have been a court judgment. Was there a court judgment? In order to get a court judgment, you would have had to have been served. Were you ever served?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 5: I was okay, I need to know.
Speaker 4: We need to back up, because I need to know you're reading this correctly. Your bank told you there is a writ of garnishment against your checking account for how much?
Speaker 3: I read it?
Speaker 13: I mean it's listed four times on my stake.
Speaker 3: How much?
Speaker 2: How much?
Speaker 13: You're one hundred and ninety one dollars and ninety nine cents.
Speaker 4: Okay, So your bank told you there's a writ of garnishment. All right, that's impossible without going to court and getting a judgment. Again, well, they must have got a default judgment. Yeah, but they she would have had to have been served. So did you now? January Collection Agency?
Speaker 3: Where are there?
Speaker 5: Where are they out of looks like New York City, New York City.
Speaker 13: Okay, I've called and talked to them. They said that they're ex They said that, yes, they have a record that I owe this money and they have expedited it to the next level whatever that means.
Speaker 5: Who said that?
Speaker 13: When I called and talked to somebody at January, Yeah.
Speaker 19: I have it all written down at home.
Speaker 13: The names of the people that I talked to.
Speaker 19: Well, it doesn't really matter.
Speaker 4: Okay, did your banks say they are sending them the money?
Speaker 19: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 14: I see.
Speaker 13: That's where I need help because I don't know what to do.
Speaker 5: So those well, what what's the name of your bank?
Speaker 13: It's achiev a credit union.
Speaker 5: Did you actually go you how much do you have in there?
Speaker 10: How much money?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean like roughly, you have hundreds.
Speaker 10: Oh thousands.
Speaker 13: I had plenty of money to cover one hundred.
Speaker 3: No, I get it, I get it.
Speaker 4: Did you straight out ask your credit union if they have paid this bill?
Speaker 13: What's funny is I was going there today and the electricity was off, so I thought, oh, well, I'm not going to stop there today. So yes, I will go there and ask them.
Speaker 8: Here's the deal, Tom, if they if they did it four times, then obviously it wasn't paid.
Speaker 5: Because it was paid. They would only have asked for it once.
Speaker 4: And wait a minute, because we don't know the total amount of the bill, it could have been that they're taking installments. It could be that that was the agreement with the credit for affirm that she was going to make monthly payments. Now, when they took these four payments, or that they made these four hits are I don't think. I don't think you know what they are. I don't think they're rits of garnishment. Okay, they don't hit rits of garnishment repeatedly.
Speaker 5: They do it once. So what I think it is.
Speaker 4: I think they're putting through an acch to try to collect from your account. But if they put four through, they either collected four times or they keep getting rejected and they keep trying to redo it, and you're not.
Speaker 5: Going to like the answer. Okay, I'm going to tell you something.
Speaker 4: If a firm or January, if they claim that you owe them money and have an agreement with them, this is the nasty part of banking. No one wants to know they're going to keep hitting the ach until it goes through. Fortunately, what you need to do is close your account there to keep that from happening and reopen an account somewhere else. You can't even use the same place to open a new account because the.
Speaker 5: Obligation will follow you.
Speaker 4: I know you don't want to hear this, but it's the God's honest truth. If they are going after you the bank doesn't ask if it's legit or not. They do not ask. They just honor achs. I know it's impossible, but it happens. So I'm giving you solid advice, and that is move your money if they have not gotten the money yet, or get written assurance from your credit union that they will not honor any achs from this company. That's if it is an ach If it turns out to be an actual writ of garnishment, you got a bigger problem because there is a massive.
Speaker 5: Fraud going on. All right.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's a rid of garnishment, but you call us back and I'll have all of these notes and then we can figure it out.
Speaker 5: When are you going to the credit union?
Speaker 13: In about one hour, I'm.
Speaker 4: Going to say that call us back either today or tomorrow. Where are you located.
Speaker 11: In Florida in Okay?
Speaker 3: What part ye?
Speaker 13: Southwest Florida, north Fort Florida.
Speaker 5: Okay, beautiful area. So so what you do is call us back.
Speaker 4: I have you down here and I'll put pending on this and we will give you some advice after you find out. You're going to find out is it a rid of garnishment or is it a request for an ach or something else. Find out exactly what it is and call us back. I'm Tom Martinez. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your Troubleshooter three O three seven on three Talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. I just can't believe how many online scams there are these days. My god, it gets to be crazy what people put up with.
Speaker 5: Sharon h I looked at this.
Speaker 4: Now this email you sent with a tree, let me let me ask you this that small tree you hired someone to trim?
Speaker 15: No, No, what happened is the house next door to me was sold, and then developer came, knocked it down and built a home on it. And the general contractor told me that.
Speaker 3: And it's a six and this is right next door to you.
Speaker 15: Truth. Correct, yes, And he told me that my branches were on his property.
Speaker 3: The builder said this the builder or the developer.
Speaker 15: It's the general contractor of the developer.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: The general contractor said, hey, your your branches are encroaching on my property.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 5: And then what did he say he was going to cut it back?
Speaker 15: Well, yes, he came and he cut it, and then this is the picture he killed it. Yeah. Well I got it appraised and it was eighty five per excellent condition and now it's seven percent.
Speaker 5: It doesn't even look fifty seven. It looks dead to me.
Speaker 15: Well that's their side if you look at that last picture, that's the side that I'm looking at that I okay, So what.
Speaker 3: Do you want?
Speaker 4: Because they have a duty they if they're going to cut it back, they have a duty to do it properly.
Speaker 15: And they did not do it because I had it appraised and they said that it was a direct cause from the pruning.
Speaker 4: Or here's what I don't understand. Why did they do it. It's pretty. Why wouldn't they want those branches? I don't even understand why they did it. I mean, why wouldn't you want a pretty tree bordering your property? Why would you have to cut it off at the property line?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 15: And do you see that first picture that's the property stake.
Speaker 4: I know what I'm saying is I mean people usually love having tree around. Why would they cut it back just because it's encroaching. I mean, it's not like it was blocking the house or anything.
Speaker 15: That's corrects no sense to me.
Speaker 4: I know, it like they cut it back under her property. Yeah, they cut it even farther than your friends. It looks like so they proved that. Did they ask your permission to prone it?
Speaker 15: Well, he said, if it's on my property, I can cut it off.
Speaker 5: But they they must use.
Speaker 4: Uh, they must use diligence. I mean, this is this is a hack job, correct.
Speaker 15: And that's what the arborist told me. It was a hack job. So my question is it you know, the appraisal that they sent me its way over small claims.
Speaker 4: And so wait wait wait wait wait wait what did they say it would take to replace?
Speaker 5: Is this for replacing the tree?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 15: This is for the damn it done.
Speaker 4: Then for Okay, hold on, Sharon, I don't need to know any details.
Speaker 5: I need to know.
Speaker 4: This is the damage amount for replacing the tree.
Speaker 15: It's fifteen thousand, six hundred dollars for the damage of the tree and then to treat it and then replace it if the treatment doesn't work.
Speaker 5: Okay, that doesn't make sense.
Speaker 4: Well I'll tell you why, because damages can't be either or So if you give them, you give them a value of the tree to remove and replace. That's a damage to say it's going to be fifteen to try to treat it and if that doesn't work, to replace it. Well, that might be they don't have to pay for your trying. Now, they can pay for your trying, but they.
Speaker 5: Don't have to pay for both.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying is there's the ultimate price of the tree. If you get paid for it, you can decide to try to fix it or try to replace it. But the tree has an infinite value period. You can't make What if it would take ten thousand dollars to experiment fixing it and then it doesn't work, does that mean you pay two thousand to replace it? If it costs two thousand. To replace it, you charge them two grand. You don't charge them the ten grand to try to bring it back. You have to have you have to mitigate your damage. So what is the price to replace the tree? Period?
Speaker 15: They didn't give it to me on the appraisal.
Speaker 5: They do. That's what you need, Okay.
Speaker 4: Do you know how much of that bill for fifteen grand is treating it and trying to bring it back to life, and how much of that bill is for replacing it?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 15: Well, now not replacing it. They set the damage to the tree was ten thousand.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: That makes no sense to me. Okay, So I don't have any idea what you're talking about. Damage does not have a price. Repairs have a price, and replacement have a price. And you don't pay for both repairs and replacement, you pick one.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: So what I'm getting at is you can't go after them for anything until you define your loss.
Speaker 15: And the loss for the tree was a priced at ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Okay, if you paid that company ten grand, they can remove and replace that tree.
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 5: I'm asking you. I didn't talk to them.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, Sharon, I don't mean I don't mean to you, know, to perplex you. I just mean to help you. So here's what you need to do. You need to ask the arborist how much will it cost to remove and replace the tree with a like tree period, not with a baby sapling, but with a like tree. If the price is ten grand, that's your loss. If the price is five grand, that's your loss.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: Now if they say to you, but we can try to bring it back for two the problem is they don't have to experiment with bringing it back and then expect them to pay five grand to replace it or whatever, it's The replacement of the tree is your ultimate loss.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: So once you get that amount, we'll fight for you to try to get them. These people have to have insurance. They were negligent. In my opinion, I don't understand.
Speaker 3: Why the hell they had to kill it.
Speaker 4: Anybody that arboris probably told you anybody who did it properly would not have to kill it.
Speaker 2: Right correct.
Speaker 3: Make sure that ARBs is willing to testify for you.
Speaker 4: And I don't mean going to court, although you may want to try to put an acclaim with your homeowner's insurance and maybe they'll subrogate the claim. Let's get Compass Insurance on to see what they have to say about this. I want to know if you can put in a claim for that. We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content than time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right for those.
Speaker 4: Who love deals, man, I'm telling you if the deals are extray I want to bring up Courtney Pierce, one of the owners.
Speaker 5: At Buy and Build. Buy and Build.
Speaker 3: Dot Net is their website, and I've been associated with them for many, many, many years, promoting them because I love this place.
Speaker 5: Now buy and Build Kitchen and Bath Now.
Speaker 4: I know for years if people went to the store, they would, and you moved and have a big better I mean it's been a while now, how long has it been since you.
Speaker 5: Moved to that new location at five South Lapan. When did you move?
Speaker 21: We moved in twenty eighteen, halfway through the year, so we opened in June of twenty eighteen.
Speaker 14: That are new looking.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize you've been there that long. It's five sixty South Lapan. Now, let me just get the store first. The store used to have a bit of everything, light fixtures and all kinds of stuff and flooring and cabinets. Is it confined now to kitchen in bath or I mean it was always kind of that, right.
Speaker 21: Yes, it was always kind of that, But we pretty much specialized on what we're good out of kitchen and bathroom cabinets, countertops, thinks and poscets.
Speaker 5: Okay, and what about light fixtures. No more, we.
Speaker 18: Don't do light fixtures anymore.
Speaker 21: We don't do flooring anymore.
Speaker 18: Now we do have some flooring.
Speaker 21: That you can buy through us that you can pick up at a different location.
Speaker 3: Still a good deal.
Speaker 21: But we got out of lighting and a lot of the little stuff.
Speaker 22: Okay, but you can still though, you can still do those extraordinary faucets and all of that, right, and bathroom hardware yes, correct, Yeah, so the auction though everything I just said you have plus more for the auction, correct, because you collect stuff all year.
Speaker 21: Long, line of everything we used to have and more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So explain then if people you use a service called roller Auction, it's a giant online auction, and.
Speaker 3: Roller Auction is what you.
Speaker 4: Direct people to roller R L L E R rollerauction dot com. Now, when you go there, you'll see on the front page a link to buy and build, or of course you can always simply.
Speaker 3: Search it, but you'll see buy and build usually right on the front page.
Speaker 18: There.
Speaker 5: I'm going there right now.
Speaker 4: Yep, buy and Build listed on one of the front of big panels, and when you click on that, you're gonna find all of the things from buy and build. Now here's the great part. Sometimes, Courtney, it's not great for you, but sometimes people get things literally for pennies.
Speaker 14: Correct.
Speaker 21: Now, there a lot of items in this auction. Right now, we have over a thousand lots and there's still plenty of them that had even been bid on. Yet there's a bunch of stuff sitting at zero that you could get for five dollars for basis full of light bulbs or lighting fixtures or different things.
Speaker 4: And there's cabinets and countertops and vanities. Oh my god, there's so much stuff, too much to truly mention. So if they go to rollerauction dot com, I just did that. Then I clicked on the buy and build link. I'm in the buy and build site. Please go down the line. Don't just look at the first few pages. You got to go deep to get the bigger stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my god.
Speaker 21: And you get flooring and doors.
Speaker 4: And oh, if you're redoing your house, if you're improving, if you think you're gonna do it in the future, it'd be worth stashing this in the garage. You will never I mean, there are some big, beautiful pre hung doors with a current bid of forty five dollars.
Speaker 21: Holy yeah, there's learned fifty to five hundred dollars doors, depending on the size. But they're all solid pine. There's knotty pine two panels and solid pine six panels. They're all on stained grade frames, pre hung and every size you can imagine.
Speaker 4: And there's an exterior door with an entry door with fixed lights in it, and the current bits thirteen hundred bucks Courtney.
Speaker 5: I was shopping for a door.
Speaker 4: These doors that I see here started at like five.
Speaker 20: Grand, Yeah for sure, very solid, beautiful grand entryway units of fourteen inch sidelights listening to them, And.
Speaker 4: There's all kinds of stuff like like one hundred and four listen to this, one hundred and forty linear feet of solid red oak trim or windowcasing. I mean, there's so much stuff. You just have to peruse this.
Speaker 3: Even if you have.
Speaker 4: A contractor doing stuff, save money. You have carpeting, Come on, man, twenty twenty cents, twenty cents.
Speaker 21: The carpet right now is super cheap. Twenty cents of square foot. That's only a dollar eighty a yard right now for really nice, full rolls of brand new and forsave carpet.
Speaker 4: You know, Mark Schumanski with Jenesis Total Experience. Mark, if you have a project going on here, bro, look at these prices.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, well normally we'll send customers, yeah, because I'll let them pick their things out.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that's you know, that's a personal preference thing. And this area rug that's just gorgeous. Fifteen dollars.
Speaker 4: So what's the strategy things start closing when.
Speaker 21: Things start closing at one o'clock PM today, And what happens is at one o'clock PM, the first three items will close, and then at one oh one pm the next three items will close, and that goes through until all the items over one thousand lots are sold. And now if you are bidding at the very last minute, you bid to say ten seconds left, it'll go into two minutes of extended bidding. So whoever you're bidding against has an opportunity to counter, which is also gives you the opportunity to counter.
Speaker 4: So for two minutes only, does it keep doing that or does it just end at the initial two minutes.
Speaker 21: No, it'll keep It'll keep doing it after every bid you get two more minutes.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: So do you ever have people do you ever have people bidding against each other that keep that thing going and going and going.
Speaker 21: They do, sometimes for almost an hour after the lot was supposed to close. Sometimes it just stays really low until the last second and then people realize, oh my god, that's worth you know, a thousand bucks, and it's sitting at twenty five dollars right now, So it can go for a long time. With people just going back and forth.
Speaker 4: Okay, so roller auction dot com. What I'd like you to do is come on when it starts closing and give me examples of things that closed and some of the deals people got and people don't miss out rollerauction dot com. Look for buy and build more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Artino here three three seven on three talk Deputy d real quick here, let's talk about some of your follow ups.
Speaker 5: Let's see one now we have time for this.
Speaker 16: Super crazy one is the issue of Sonny who called us a few minutes ago about getting a ticket from Aurora for a vehicle she doesn't own and so after she and I spoke and she sent me a copy of it, she actually called the city and they agreed with her that she's not the owner of that vehicle.
Speaker 5: They it was that easy. It was that easy. Oh my goodness, thank you, thank you. I can give you a dinger.
Speaker 4: Before the end of the show. And I like that because ut using the dinger to me is important.
Speaker 3: At seventy one, there you.
Speaker 5: Go, and in any case, I'll give you the best buy update. But it was that easy. Yeah, it was really easy.
Speaker 4: She would they how did they? Did they just take you at your word or did they look it up?
Speaker 23: They must have looked up to see that her name is nowhere you are. Yeah, yeah, so it's a big difference. Like that happened, folks. So give us a call with anything. Three all three, Martino, leave a message. We'll get back to you. Three oh three sixty two seven eight four sixty six.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 20: Yea ripped up.
Speaker 1: In needed by so.
Speaker 2: You don't have come running Just as fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 3: Dix. Is the Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Three all three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five. We're here any any any day, oh well not any ay, Monday through Friday, trying to help you solve problems, answer questions, say complaints. A lot of people download the show, thousands and thousands, and then of course we have people streaming the show as well on on the Troubleshooter Network and that is on YouTube. And then you guys, my radio audience, we love you for forty five years, and we are solving problems.
Speaker 5: Say we have march. Ask you with me today.
Speaker 4: Uh and Mark, we were talking about this auction roller auction dot com where people people you ought to go there. It's going to be closing at noon and excuse me at one, and you can get these items and bid at the last minute, and then it stays open for another two minutes and if the high bidder doesn't come back, you get it. And some of these high bids are not high bids at all. You're gonna get things pennies on the dollar. Do you ever go to auctions Mark Shimanski ever.
Speaker 6: I've done the roller auction before. It's pretty good stuff. Huh yeah, I mean it's there's all kinds of Now they do.
Speaker 3: More than buy and build rollers dot com.
Speaker 6: They're huge, and you know they do even government vehicles and you know things that repossess that no one ever claimed back bicycles, cars, trucks, generators, anything you could think of that was probably maybe stolen.
Speaker 5: And the city's auction off on roller auction.
Speaker 3: When you try to do home improvements, do you ever send people.
Speaker 5: To buy and build? If you don't, that's fine. I have not, Okay, I've never been there myself either. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: I know contractors who would send their people there and say, just pick whatever cabinets you want, and they would draw them the diagram and then Courtney and team they put together the bid and it saves people money. It's really cool again. Uh you know, here's the deal. Uh if you I always say this, if you like what you see and the price and you have a good contract or put it all together. But don't I don't believe it's a great idea to buy.
Speaker 3: Materials not knowing.
Speaker 4: You see, some people see a deal and buy it hoping they can use it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly, And that could cost you money the long run because I was saying, oh, this doesn't quite work, that's right. Or or let's say, well I want to make it work. Then you spend more money and modifying it that you could have just bought new.
Speaker 14: I know.
Speaker 6: So you want to make sure you have a good game plan. You know, Like the doors are phenomenal value. I mean, you're gonna.
Speaker 5: Spend, but are they gonna fit? Right? Are they gonna fit?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 5: A door like that?
Speaker 6: You know, I just saw like the pine Dorsey's talking about gonna be you know, well over two hundred to two fifty on at home depot. So that's that's a great deal for pre hung door. So I saw they were going for less than one hundred bucks. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, and so, but you want to make sure it's the right swing. You want to make sure it's you know you're gonna fit in your rough opening.
Speaker 5: So and entry doors are incredible. Entry doors are so expensive. I know he's got some for thirteen hundred bucks. Not a alder. I mean, that's amazing, that's a steal. Yes, anyway, So.
Speaker 4: As far as home improvements, unfortunately, over the years, and by the way, our number is three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven to one three eight two five five.
Speaker 3: That's the immediate studio number.
Speaker 4: You can also call three oh three Martino and please leave a number there because we will get back to you three oh three six two seventy four to six six if you don't get right through, and usually you get right through.
Speaker 5: When we're here.
Speaker 4: And that is our mountain time ten to two, ten in the morning till two in the after noon. We get a lot of people from around the country, so I always say Eastern time, and of course Eastern time it would be noon to four. So here's the deal. If you need help, call us. Sometimes we can't help it's too far gone. You can text us as well, my Google number seven four seven nine nine nine eighty and my my other number provided by iHeart short code five seven seven three nine Just.
Speaker 3: But Tom, somewhere in the message, it'll come to me.
Speaker 4: So I send you out a lot to look at places that people have been screwed quite frankly, I mean, so, well, here's what I want to know. I mean, probably not a big percentage of your business maybe, but but you do you do a good amount of previous jobs, right, I mean, obviously you do if people call you because they hear you on the show. And what is the biggest when when you go to those jobs? Is there any one thing that stands out that people that you say, why did they fall for this?
Speaker 3: Again?
Speaker 5: I mean, is there.
Speaker 4: Any one thing? Or is it? Is it so eclectic? It's eclectic?
Speaker 6: And you know some of the things I see is, you know, especially in the you have these people that say they're a flipper, and then you come into these houses that they supposedly flipped it on a person moved into. Well, this isn't working right, that's not working right. It's because they took so many shortcuts. They probably never pulled a permit. I mean, one of the funniest ones I saw They actually used extension.
Speaker 5: Courts as outlets in a basement.
Speaker 6: And because they and then they just had wall paneling like paneling, not drywall, and they actually just had that outlet sticking out of the paneling. They had it taped to the on the other side. No, and then that was the outlet, and they're trying to and these people go, well, this isn't working right.
Speaker 3: Home inspections are so important. Yeah, they really exact. You know, I think mark a good contractor makes the best.
Speaker 4: Think about this, if you weren't doing what you're doing, you start to slow down, you could make an awesome home inspector.
Speaker 5: Think about that, after all the experience doing this?
Speaker 4: No, no, but don't you think Yeah, And a lot of respectors, a lot of inspectors don't have experience.
Speaker 20: Right.
Speaker 6: They go to a class that's right, and then it's and then everything's cookie cutter, and they just have to fill in what they learned in that class, right, and it's very vague, so they they cover their self.
Speaker 4: But you can spot craft probably just walking into place.
Speaker 5: It's crazy, right, And so in.
Speaker 4: Any case, home inspections people are very important. But I've said this before again, I wanted to give birth to this industry. I'm just getting too damn old to keep starting businesses. But the one business that I thought would.
Speaker 3: Work, I swear to you, is called home inspection mitigation.
Speaker 4: Now what that means is and I've seen it. I've and people please pick up on the idea anywhere. Anybody listening to YouTube anywhere, please and let me know about it.
Speaker 5: In fact, I'll help you get started.
Speaker 3: I'll promote you.
Speaker 4: Here's what I'm talking about. Many estate deals are killed because the inspection comes back and the buyer says, oh, I ain't doing all that, or they want the seller to do it.
Speaker 5: The worst thing in the world.
Speaker 4: You can do, by the way, just between me and you, is have a seller take care of things. Don't ever do that because they're never going to do it the way you would do it. Get an allowance figure and put the allowance in there. Do not let the seller get it done. Okay, just don't. I know it sounds like it's hassle free. If you get this done, this done, and this done, I'll buy it. But please don't because they're not going to They're gonna cut corners. They're never going to do it to the extent they would if they were going to stay there the rest of their lives. Just don't, please, don't do it. So you have someone bid it, get an allowance, and then do it. In fact, I'm going to tell you how to make your best real estate deal, but first I want to get back to this business I'm launching.
Speaker 3: I'm not launching.
Speaker 4: I want you to launch you out there, entrepreneur, And it's in home inspection mitigation. Now what that means is this. I've seen deals killed because they see items, but they don't see prices, and it bothers them. But what if, for example, what if you could know that this inspection report represents only thirty five hundred dollars, or this inspection report is fifteen grand, or this inspection report is twenty two grand, whatever it is, it's a report and a cost. So now you can say, instead of arguing back and forth, can I have a twenty two thousand dollars allowance?
Speaker 3: Or you even have real estate people say you know what, I'll kick in this much commission. The other one says, I'll kick in this much commission, and the deal doesn't do because so what I recommend and I don't think is should ever be the inspector that does it. But the inspector should have this inspection, then the real estate brokers or the consumer should call a home inspection mitigate company.
Speaker 5: I'm going to tell you someday.
Speaker 4: You're going to hear about this and you're gonna say Martino talked about that years ago. So here's what do you do with a home inspection mitigation company. They take your home inspection and turn it into a line item, okay, and they give you a contract and they take care of it well.
Speaker 5: So it's just like something to have it happened before you moved in.
Speaker 4: It doesn't have to happen. You just know the unknown is what breaks deals. I mean, because okay, this happened to me where I wanted this damn thing done and that damn thing done, and that damn thing done.
Speaker 5: I thought, Okay, that porch is.
Speaker 4: Sinking, this is done, and I didn't know what the hell was going on, so I didn't want to buy it. And then finally one of my friends said, that's not going to cost that much. That just needs a concrete pillar. That's one of the things coming down on the porch, and some other things put together a price and I thought that's all it is. So I bought the house, okay because it turned out to be scary.
Speaker 6: Well, it's funny because I have a lot of real estate agents that use me and then you know they're gonna either on a buying side or the selling side, and it's like, hey, how much is this to fix and to fix and they have they have me price out. That's what they should do. Yeah, and there's many real estate agents I've worked with.
Speaker 5: But it should be formal.
Speaker 4: There should be a formal way that you can call someone get a price that literally deal with home inspections and in fact they can say you don't really need this. You know, they can say here's what it's going to take and put a price on it. So now here's what you have. You have a price. So here's how you make the best deal in real estate you can make. And I've done it over and over and over. This is wash, rinse and repeat. I've done it. I did it with this house. I shouldn't give away my plan, but this is what I did. I come the first time. In fact, Mark, you were involved in one you didn't even know about with a condo you came to look at but what I Here's what I do. I look at it twice. First, I look at it to see if I like it, and then I come back a second time. But Frank Duran doesn't tell people it's the same client coming back. He just says, I have another showing, right, all right, But it's me again now. The reason I don't want to sell it or knows, because I don't want him to think I'm that interested. Sure, so I come back again, but this time I actually bring a contractor with me. When I was looking at a condo that time at Landmark, I brought you and you told me what it was going to cost. Okay, So I bring a contractor here, but I had to bring two different one three for this house. I brought one because there's some problems with the what the I knew. The guy thought he had foundation problems because there was some sinking of the corner of the garage and their driveway, and then he looked. I had another guy look at something else, and another guy look at something else. I had three main areas of concern, oh, stucco, and I'm not sure if you looked.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I.
Speaker 5: Had did I have you looking.
Speaker 4: So somebody looked at this stucco because there was some stucco issues, right.
Speaker 5: I think that was before you were.
Speaker 4: Making a push on stucco though, that I realized, because this is a few years.
Speaker 5: So I got a price.
Speaker 4: And now the guy coming, my mudjacker coming and said, you don't have a structural problem here you have.
Speaker 5: You just need to lift this corner in this your driveway.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: Then the other guy said for the stucco, this is all you need. And then you don't need you don't have any rock behind it, no mois.
Speaker 5: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: Then I had a third guy forget what it was. It might have been some drywall and stuff. So I had a price, that definite price. What could have been roofed too. I know a brats that'd excel roofing helsing a lot. But in any case, I had a price for this house to make it perfect, and I think it was going to be forty two thousand dollars to make it perfect.
Speaker 3: So I made a low ball offer.
Speaker 4: But I said this, I will put down hard money and close in three weeks. What does that mean? That means I don't want any inspections. I don't need any contingencies. You don't have to do anything. And if I don't come through, you keep my three hundred grand. That's how much I was going to put down.
Speaker 5: I stole this house.
Speaker 4: I literally stole this house because of it, and then because I put.
Speaker 3: Hard money down three hundred grand, I said I want to start repairs during the three weeks and they guy said, well, this is highly unlikely. And I said, look, idiot, to the broker, I said, here's two scenarios.
Speaker 5: One I don't go through. You got three hundred.
Speaker 4: Grand and home improvements, right, And if I do go through, I went through right. There's no downside here the home improvements. So I started the home improvements and when I got halfway through, the seller said they would like to rescind Ooh, I said, well impossible. They because they saw they had no problems. They thought they had right, and that the house was looking beautiful because I was doing epoxy floors, tearing out most of the junk in the garage, and when you start seeing a house in a new light, you think, oh my god.
Speaker 5: Are I live in here while you're doing this?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Okay, they had moved out that's another pressure they had moved down. So the point I'm getting at is this, okay, is that you know what you have, don't let them know what you have, and then you have all the cards and you have the strength.
Speaker 5: Because you have a price.
Speaker 4: People who have inspections done and come back a second or a third time. You're telling the seller, I love this house, please do this for me, Please help me get into this house. And it's the wrong way to go. Three o three seven one three eight two five five. I'm Tom Martine Moore coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roof Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Wait time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two.
Speaker 3: Five five and uh.
Speaker 5: Major Mark Major has been on the phone off the phone.
Speaker 3: That's why you may not see him here.
Speaker 4: So let's talk and uh, whatever's on your mind. I'll take your calls at three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Now I talked about how to get the best home deal, and I talked about starting a new business inspection loss mitigation.
Speaker 5: Let me talk about.
Speaker 4: Diversity, equity and inclusion and DEI and where that came from. It's really important. People don't know behind the scenes stories. I don't know why you can just look them up, but this is really important. And where I learned about this is when I was studying for my licenses for securities and getting involved in the securities business. I learned about Blackrock, the largest fund in the world.
Speaker 6: They're buying everything. They're just buying Jersey mics they just announced.
Speaker 5: Are they actually.
Speaker 6: Buying them or oh it just it was under news about black Rock, right, Yeah, Blackri is buying Jersey.
Speaker 4: Now Blackrock doesn't just buy, they invest They invest in things. They're the largest fund in the world. Now, I'm not saying anything wrong with investing in Blackrock. If you had an advisor and you know what you're doing. But I'm talking about Blackrock in general because they have so much power.
Speaker 5: So because they have so much power.
Speaker 4: They can kind of if they buy stuff or they signal something is a goodbye, then that stock tends to be held up.
Speaker 5: It's a good stock, just like when Buffett does it.
Speaker 3: But Blackrock even has more influence now, so Blackrock is more diverse, so they have more influence. So Blackrock started thinking that I don't know why the guy.
Speaker 4: What's his name, Fink his last I forget his first his first name, but so Fink he starts social engineering with Blackrock. It's a true story. So he thought diversity, equity and inclusion. Because he's a screaming liberal, he thought this is a great idea, and he started looking at companies that he believed were not diverse enough and downgrading them and claiming that they would be better if they instituted And this was done in a very subtle way.
Speaker 5: He didn't come out and.
Speaker 4: Say you better do this, that DEI programs would increase profitability and likability and public image and be a better investment. So he started issuing opinions where his people did, and eventually all of these major companies. You wondered, why did these major companies go from just now, I'm not saying, by the way, these major companies had unfair hiring practices or were bad, but they wanted to be and they really wanted to look good for Blackrock, and they wanted to be part of the party, so they started instituting massive DEI programs. Okay, Now, therefore they were upgraded, and everybody was happy, especially mister Fink, because he got his way. He was able to social engineer with money and anytime there's way more.
Speaker 5: Than DEI he did.
Speaker 4: You got to look up the whole story, and you got to look beyond the regular mainstream media too, because these these guys in mainstream won't that won't say bad things about him because he owns most of them.
Speaker 5: So here's the deal.
Speaker 3: As a result, as a.
Speaker 4: Result, the companies themselves, however, started losing money and not doing well. Now I'm not saying that DEI was the reason, but DEI was a major flop when it came to revenue, and when it came to public image, and when it came to productivity, and when it came to income. It will not because of DEI, but kind of Okay, maybe they just were such in a hurry to include to do this, maybe the quality of candidate went down.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I don't know the reason.
Speaker 4: But if you look it up, DEI strong DEI programs are now being abandoned.
Speaker 6: Well yeah, I mean have you heard that? Yeah, the Harley Davidson story. Go ahead, yeah, I mean they say, Harley Davidson, who is a you know, their customer's blue collar typically you know, a working person that's going to spend money on a Harley Davison. And they're talking about tough, more typically conservative people. And I'll say, Harley Davison hired a CEO that was very DEI focused. And what happened and the companies start exactly and yes, sales came down. They had all these parameters on who you had to buy your parts from and such, and all the training that they had to go through and the staff, and they've abandoned the product.
Speaker 3: Listen to this.
Speaker 5: Can I give an actual EI?
Speaker 3: Sorry Tom, wait, hold on one second, Okay, this is an actual news story. Larry Fink, CEO Blackrock has A, has been a prominent advocate of integration, of integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion principles into corporate strategies. In twenty seventeen, he said in an interview he would force behaviors to promote diversity within companies.
Speaker 5: No, no, he said, Now that's Larry Fink.
Speaker 4: Critics argue that such approaches prioritize social objectives over financial performance, affecting the company's profitability. Now, this, by the way, is coming from artificial intelligence. I just put in tell me about it, tell me about Larry. All I said was tell me about Larry Fink and DEI. That's all I said.
Speaker 3: Now, usually these be these ais bend liberal says.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: Proponents contend fostering diversity and inclusion leads to enhancing the long term success. But in recent years these programs have been abandoned and some companies, however, have weaponized DEI. They've used it against companies on both sides. So the impact of DEI initiatives and company performance has not been proven well, and many companies are abandoning it.
Speaker 3: So that people.
Speaker 4: It's amazing to me what I learned over the years here is studying finance and what goes on in the world of finance. There is way more to it than money. It's a lot of its perception. But if you try to force it, you still come down to.
Speaker 6: Revenue, right, I mean, yeah, and there's revenue. Yeah, the quarterly revenue. Life is its own teacher. What were you going to say, doc, quick.
Speaker 8: Well, this is a firm of action. It's hard to get into medical school, as you know, it's even harder to flunk out because they bend over backwards with tutors and everything they can do. But after the first year in my medical school class, there were three people that didn't make it to the second year, and that all three young black women who were admitted under affirmative action. So certain things, but they need to be a meritocracy and not an affirmive action.
Speaker 4: Or DEI where I okay, see, I think affirmative action is totally different than DEI. Affirmative action when it went into place, was needed, absolutely needed.
Speaker 5: Because they literally had.
Speaker 4: Now, I don't think they should force the number of people you hire based on color, but they should force the inclusion of them in the candidacy. Then it's meritocracy after that. But before affirmative action, they weren't even considering them.
Speaker 5: They really weren't.
Speaker 4: I mean, we lived in a different time they weren't considering them. Now, had they considered them and then said, well they're not up to par, that's one thing of people of color, But they weren't even being considered. So I'm all about equal opportunity, not equal outcome. What Doc is talking about is people who were included regardless of the outcome because they simply wanted them included.
Speaker 5: That is not the affirmative action. Was that began?
Speaker 4: I mean, no, excuse me, that's the wrong part of affirmative action.
Speaker 5: The right part would be presenting the opportunity.
Speaker 4: And then DEI was based solely on numbers, solely on numbers.
Speaker 5: I have more coming right up.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. You know here's three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Compass Insurance Group. Did we ever get them on? I wanted to ask him about that tree? Do you have them around, uh, Kelly? Or did you forget about getting them on?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 5: I did not forget. Brian is in a meeting.
Speaker 7: He should be out at about one o'clock.
Speaker 5: Oh good, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: And I wasn't insinuating that those mimosas every morning?
Speaker 24: No, No, she's making it up. She's busy scarfing on a sandwich right now. A sandwich right now?
Speaker 4: A sandwich? Oh okay, it's either a mimosa or sandra.
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: Is it at least a pork belly or something good? Or it's a foot long kind of sandwich. It's not it's a foot long anyway.
Speaker 19: No, it's not.
Speaker 13: I can't even eat anything longer than a foot please.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's move on, and let's move on right now. Craig, what's going on, Craig, what's happening?
Speaker 14: Hey?
Speaker 20: Tom?
Speaker 14: How are you?
Speaker 3: What's going on with you?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: He good afternoon.
Speaker 14: Well I spoke with you last time Priday. In regards to my Kia fort and.
Speaker 5: So, oh, hold on, let me find it.
Speaker 3: I got it.
Speaker 4: You're twenty seventeen. Hold on, it was stuck in fourth gear. You took it to a wrap o ho Kia. The shop installed the rebuild transmission and PCM for a total of eight grand. You paid fifteen hundred towards that. And I said, wait a minute, you can't this doesn't sound right. That did not correct the problem. You said that Kia expected you to pay and even though it didn't fix the problem, so that I was all confused about that problem, Craig, how and I told you go back and get some clarification.
Speaker 5: Where are are we at with this right now?
Speaker 14: Well, as you know, they put in a transmission. I was hoping it wasn't that. I was hoping it was a twenty dollars part. It's thirty two hundred dollars fix fifteen hundred dollars down to pay for the part of the transmission.
Speaker 4: But what was the eight grand you told me about? There was a total of eight grand.
Speaker 14: You said, yeah, well I agreed to the thirty two hundred for the transmission because that was supposed to fix it. Then they said it was a part trained control module the PCM from here to part And I said, well, wait a minute, what's that going to cost? And before you do anything else, what is that going to call? Well, I don't worry about it. We'll work with you. We'll work with you. Next thing, you know, they put in the PCM that don't work. And then that, you know, my bill's up to a nurse sixty?
Speaker 5: And how much how much was the PCM? Okay?
Speaker 3: Hold on, bro hold on?
Speaker 4: They put the transmission in for thirty five hundred? How much two they charge you for? How much for the PCM?
Speaker 14: Well, it comes out a total of uh they said, I owe a balance a six.
Speaker 4: After and that's after you paid the fifteen hundred right, so it is eight grand?
Speaker 5: Okay? So it is eight grand? Okay?
Speaker 3: So anyway, what did did you how they finally get it working?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Mark? How did they finally get it working?
Speaker 5: They didn't? So do they still Here's all I want to add? Wait, wait, wait, do.
Speaker 4: They still expect you to pay eight grand for something that doesn't work?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 14: And when I met your your friend Mark there at the service dead.
Speaker 3: He wait, well Mark, Mark, you went with him? Do you ask? Do you want me to talk or not. It's up to YouTube both of you.
Speaker 4: Mark, Mark, I didn't know that. Craig hold On, I didn't know you went with him. So for sure, I want you to tell me what ye.
Speaker 3: First of all, I'm asking him, did they finally call you and get it running or not yet? Did they figure out why it was still stuck in gear?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, so it's not ready to be picked up yet.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 14: Remember, they told us they were going to put it through a flight test and they'd get back.
Speaker 3: So why are you calling now? Is what I'm trying to find out.
Speaker 20: I'm trying to find out.
Speaker 14: I let you know that it is not picked and they tried to do a flight test that didn't work. They sent me a text said, hey, Craig, can you answer this question from our engineers about any after market components that have been put on your vehicle? I wrote, And they also want to know if to find another, uh swap the PCM to verify the PCM it's not bad the one they put in or whatever. And I said, the car has never had any electrical or computer components ever put in it. I've only done the cars rank great until up to now. I've only don't changed you oil, et cetera.
Speaker 4: Hey, Mark, okay, So Mark, Yes, can I ask you a question real quick, Mark, when you went with him, did you like did they expect him was it as he presented it? They expected him to pay eight grand without a working.
Speaker 3: They don't know what yes and no. But they don't know what's wrong with the vehicle. They assured me any parts that weren't needed were not going to be charged to them. But they still don't know what's wrong with the vehicle.
Speaker 14: And here's the icing on the cake, Mark when we left there. Right after we left there, they sent me a text message, and you were there with me. I never mentioned anything about I need to get financed. Do you know anyone that can finance then? To get these pay for these reprents that I don't.
Speaker 3: Have to look, Man, listen, here's where we left off last Friday. We left off. God, I'm just gonna go I'm sorry, I'm gonna go to the dentist and hang myself in the same drive. Go ahead, Mark, Well, I'm not sure what to tell them. I mean, until they say, hey, your vehicle's running, this is how much you owe, I don't know what else to tell you right now. I don't know. Man. I met you there. We had a conversation. It was like you have got to take.
Speaker 4: A we we do have to take Let's just take this break, come right back.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at do of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm Tom Martino. Mark finished with this.
Speaker 4: Did they tell you that they were going to fix it before they expected them to pay or what?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they got to figure out what's wrong with it. Then they'll know if they sold them, for example, a computer that he didn't need.
Speaker 5: So why are you calling today.
Speaker 14: Craig, Just up and let you know what's going on. I mean, I'm scared to death that you know they're going to end up keep my car because I'm not going to be a good finance to get a loan. Is back right after we love Mark, they sent me a text here is the link you requested. I didn't request anything. I didn't request anything from a finance company.
Speaker 3: We still we got to figure out what was wrong with the a. Yeah, okay, So bottom line is they're not at this point right now. That's good. That's the number one thing. Didn't need the transmission. Now, I will say this. Their story time is that he called up and said we're gonna run out of time. We're gonna have to do this for our next hour.
Speaker 5: All right, hold on, man, this is crazy.
Speaker 3: It's really interesting how this started though.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's what I want to hear and when we come back. And then also we have Mark Schamanski with us from Jennesi's Total Exteriors dot com. And then we'll talk about the roller auction closing right at this hour, so.
Speaker 3: You're gonna get great deals at roller auction dot com.
Speaker 4: All of that on the Troubleshooter Show, go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up, freeation comparison call Compass Insurance, pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Ye ripped of.
Speaker 2: News, so you don't have come run in astas as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come Max is the Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martino, Kalo, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. The last out of the show.
Speaker 4: Get you calls in if you have a problem, question your complaint. I believe we have a major, Mark Major still here, all those cameras off, He's still here. And then we also yeah, yeah, I'm on you, Yeah yeah, why'd you turn your camera off?
Speaker 5: Did you where?
Speaker 3: Susan and I are working on something?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: Well that could have many meanings three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five listen. Mark Shimanski's here from Genesis Total Exteriors as well.
Speaker 5: And then we have callers and we have news.
Speaker 4: So I want to get right back to this one problem that Mark worked on, and I don't want to bring up the caller right now.
Speaker 5: I don't need to because.
Speaker 3: I think I want to talk about that when I get a sec here.
Speaker 5: Well, can you do it right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely. So here's the deal. I don't agree with what they've done so far, and we're going to have to figure that out. But basically, they're saying, this guy called up said, my transmission stuck in fourth gear. I want to get a transmission ordered for it. And this isn't from the caller, this is coming directly from the service writer I spoke to Friday in person. So apparently to believe this guy called up self diagnosed it himself, that it's stuck in fourth gear. I need to order a transmission. So they order a transransmission for him and take a fifteen hundred dollars deposit. Then he drops the car off when the transmission shows up to get it installed. They install it apparently without doing any diagnostics whatsoever, just based upon what he apparently told him over the phone, and they put the transmission in and it still doesn't work. That's when they called up and wanted to sell them the computer because they said the problem was a computer not to transmission. So that's where we're at right now. The new tiers in and the vehicles in the same the same exact state. In other words, it's just like it was when he drove it in. There's really no difference. Although it's got a new transmission and a new computer, it's still stuck in gear. So I called someone that was a service manager for dealing Doug forever in a day, someone I trust, and I said, does this sound normal for you to do under any dealing Doug's dealerships? Would you actually get a phone call from a consumer saying, order me a transmission and tell me when it's in, I'm going to bring it in, or would you have him come in and diagnose it? He said, The whole thing sounds really fishy one hundred percent. But that's why I'm giving these guys time to actually come back to this guy and tell them, hey, we are going to charge you for this. We are going to charge you for that. Because when I left there, they assured me anything he didn't need they weren't going to charge him for. With the exception of the transmission because they're saying he ordered that, and really he put fifteen hundred dollars down on it. There's no doubt about that. I saw the work order. But what are your thoughts on that? I find it crazy and no offense to this guy, but he's very hard to deal with, and I don't mean, how do I put this in a nice way. He's not I don't want to say he's not all there, but I feel like they took advantage of him. That's how I'll put it.
Speaker 4: No, No, I got that sense mark that he you know, all he wants is this car fixed?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think he called up. Now if we bring him back up, his story is this. So that's the story from the service director or the service writer directly to me last Friday. The only part this guy really disagrees with is when he called in, he said it was stuck in fourth gear and that was it. In other words, he didn't say, hey, I want a transmission. He might have said, my transmission is screwed up. But these guys you're saying he wanted a transmission.
Speaker 5: Here's what I think.
Speaker 4: I think people would say, Hey, I can hear a guy saying, you know, my car stuck in fourth gear. I think I need a transmission or something like you said, just said exactly. But even if he did say my transmission is stuck in fourth gear, I need a new transmission. Even if he said that, they have a responsibility as experts to let him.
Speaker 5: They shouldn't just order one.
Speaker 4: If you walked into a dealership and says I need a transmission and they ordered it to me, that's negligent without checking.
Speaker 3: Its negligent big time, and I don't agree with it. And once again, someone that worked for deal and Doug for many, many many years as a service manager over the entire service shop said that should never happen that way.
Speaker 4: Ever, So for those listening, Craig took his twenty seventeen Kia Forte. It was stuck in fourth gear. He takes it to a rap Ho Kiya. They install a rebuilt transmission for thirty five hundred. That didn't work, so then they said he needs a PCM that was forty five hundred. So now he has a grand total of eight grand. He owes he paid fifteen hundred of it so far, and now they want him to pay the rest of the bill.
Speaker 3: You know what I'd like to do Kelly, get Jack vic on. I want to ask him something. When I say it's the exact same, I want to go into a little detail real quick, Tom. It was stuck in fourth gear. He couldn't get it out of fourth gear. That's when he called these guys up. The transmission got ordered, and the rest of the story. Now that the new computer, the new transmission is in, it's stuck in first gear. It won't leave first gear, so it is a different gear. But what I'm guessing is that that has nothing to do with the transmission itself. It's still stuck in gear because when they installed the new transmission, it was in first gear, not fourth gear. Is why it's a different gear. But it's got the same problem. I'd like to ask you to pick that.
Speaker 4: I understand exactly what you're saying, Mark, and it does sound like it could be a computer issue or something very small they could have done when it was stuck in fourth gear. It sounds to me like they missed the first They missed it right from the beginning.
Speaker 3: Well, what they're gonna say, though, is he demanded to order a new transmit.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's Craig, did you demand first of all, Craig doesn't even admit he knows about cars. Craig, did you say to them I want a transmission?
Speaker 14: No, no, sir, I said, right in front of Mark at the service center, the same thing I said to them when I first initially talked to them. I said, I'm not a mechanic. I think it's a transmission. It's stuck in ports gear, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: Okay, Craig, hold on, let me stop you right there, Craig, Craig, let me stop you right there. Then then need to ask this question to you. Why did you give him a credit card for fifteen hundred dollars during that call?
Speaker 14: Because they told me after their diagnostic reading blah blah blah, that yep, it needs a new transmission.
Speaker 4: Oh hold on, hold on, But was that during your very Was that during your very first call to them?
Speaker 14: That was after I had it in the shop and they did their diagnostic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh, okay, that's different.
Speaker 3: Okay, that makes that makes a lot more sense. That appointment, when you called up and made the appointment, you did not tell them to order a transmission. You made the appointment, you dropped it off. Then they called you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hold on okay, hold on, okay, we're gonna We're gonna come right back to you and Jeff Fick. I want to take this break to give Jeff some uh some time to answer it. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk Jeff Fick real quick. I have a very quick question for you. So a guy has a Kia right.
Speaker 5: And and it's stuck in It's.
Speaker 4: A twenty seventeen Kia Forte and is stuck in fourth gear. He takes What I want to know is he takes it to a wrap a ho kiya. Now, what I want to know is if something is stuck in gear and then they put in a new transmission and that's also stuck in gear, but another gear. Now it's stuck in first gear, which is the default for a new transmission, So obviously it's not the transmission I'm thinking. So then they put in a PCM and it's still not working. Did they miss it all altogether? What would you have done if something is stuck in fourth gear?
Speaker 5: What is a point to Mainly, well.
Speaker 18: The fourth gear should be a limp mode, which basically means no SOLOI has been commanded to fire, so nothing's on. That's why it stays in the one year. If it's stuck in a different year, if there's definitely something that's been commanded on, so you know when they've already changed the PCM, I'm more inclined to say that he's got they've got wires short amount across short and where you're firing one, it's not supposed.
Speaker 4: To okay, So would you have looked for that up front or would you have gone for the transmission upfront?
Speaker 18: You definitely want to look for that upfront.
Speaker 4: So you would look for a reason it's in limp mode, not just assume the transmission is bad.
Speaker 18: Correct, Yeah, I mean probably. I don't know six out of ten to come through when they come through in limp mode, it's not the transmission itself, it's another something else causing it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what happened to my daughter's car was something else. So here's it was a rabbit that eight wires. Exactly what you said. Okay, Now here's what I want to ask you straight up, and I want you to dig down deep.
Speaker 3: I know you're an honest man.
Speaker 4: So if a customer called to you has said, my car stuck in fourth gear, I want you to order me a transmission.
Speaker 5: What would you do?
Speaker 18: Well, if I don't have possess of the car, I'm not ordering anything, but you know I would recommends. In here, let's clarify you need a transmission. Okay, else, even if somebody else diagnosed it, I don't take anybody else's diagnosis for granted. That you kiss him doing that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I think. So Mark, what do you have anything? Well, that's it.
Speaker 3: We just got to wait for these guys to either step up and acknowledge what was going on, or we'll go to war with them. I mean, if they really think they're going to charge this guy for their misdiagnosis is that'd be absolutely insane. But once again, I never get issues with Delan Doug and his own service manager from a different location that's been with him forever in a day in all honesty is not there more, but he was there for over ten years. Uh said they would never operate this way. I think a dealing Doug deal a service writer. Does he own this one?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 3: He owns it?
Speaker 18: Man?
Speaker 3: Okay, cool, all right, so thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Jeff Fick Kimmer Transmission three oh three six nine three fourteen hundred. If you ever need some good, honest transmission work, thank you. Okay, Now, Craig, we're gonna put this on hold and Mark's gonna wait to see what they say. Brian Burns, Compass Insurance Group. I have another I'm another expert of mine on insurance. The Insurance Healthcenter dot com always free insurance checkups on what you need and uh if you have enough insurance, too much, insurance, under insured, over insurance, whatever.
Speaker 5: It's a free review of.
Speaker 4: Your insurance three oh three nine nine six nine thousand. But here's what I'm asking about today, Brian, and that is, if I have a neighbor building a house, a general contractor says, I'm pruning your tree back because it's encroaching on the lot, and he destroys the tree and we're talking about a sizeable tree that's going to cost ten grand to replace. Is that a homeowner's insurance issue for me? And will my insurance go after him?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 17: That would not be a claim on your why because in general, there's not a whole lot of coverage for trees as it is. There is some debris removal, or if there was a large loss. Let's say there was a fire that destroyed the home and it also damaged some trees, there is minimal coverage, but it would make sense to throw.
Speaker 14: It in there at that point.
Speaker 17: But most policies wouldn't have more than one thousand dollars for trees, and so you wouldn't make that claim.
Speaker 2: Number one.
Speaker 21: Number two.
Speaker 17: I don't think him trimming it would be.
Speaker 18: A covered peril.
Speaker 5: Okay, the neighbor trimmed it, not the.
Speaker 17: Owner, right, No, No, I got it? Yeah, someone else, you know. I mean, I guess the best option there to me would be just to go.
Speaker 4: No, you're right, Brian, You're right, and that's what we were thinking. I just wanted to double check. I certainly appreciate it, Brian Burns, And that's the Insurance Health Center dot com. Chris has a comment on that previous caller with the Kiya issue. Go ahead, Chris.
Speaker 14: Gay Tom.
Speaker 21: I'm actually on a couple keys.
Speaker 3: But kind of the reason we bought them is the gate they have.
Speaker 21: They give you a ten year warranty.
Speaker 14: I'm just curious that that was you know, ain't do that?
Speaker 5: Write about what?
Speaker 3: Mark?
Speaker 4: Wouldn't the Kia warranty cover that? Or if he was the second owner?
Speaker 5: Maybe not.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I have no idea. I didn't even go down that road. If they were so incompetent not to cover it under warranty, I would be amazed. But I just don't know. That's a great that's a great comment, Kelly. Why don't you call the dude real quick if you got his number and ask him how many miles are on it?
Speaker 20: Why?
Speaker 3: How many miles would it be?
Speaker 20: Mark?
Speaker 24: Like in twenty seventeen, so that surpasses the five years, right, No, it's just so So here's how their warranty works five where bumper to bumper doesn't matter who owns it.
Speaker 3: The original owner gets a ten year on the powertrain, which this would be part of at least the transmission part of it. But if it's the second owner then they wouldn't get that unless the vehicle was certified, meaning it was bought from a Kia dealer and certified.
Speaker 4: So the first five years is for anyone at any time.
Speaker 3: Right, anybody and everybody.
Speaker 5: And that's five years and how many miles do you know?
Speaker 3: Sixty?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: And then if it's the original owner, it's ten years and one hundred thousand.
Speaker 3: If it's the original owner, it's ten years, one hundred thousand miles on the powertrain, only on the power chain. So what what is not included in a powertrain? Well, pretty much anything like an alternator? Oh any gotcha? Really anything but the engine transmission and if it had, for example, a turbo. Okay, gotcha? Now, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: We got more coming up, Bill Lourie, what is your question on the HOA Hi?
Speaker 9: Tom?
Speaker 7: What can be done when an HA land management group wants to change the already approved and completed landscaping plan and refuses to give your deposit back.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, how did this happen? Tell me what happened.
Speaker 7: So when we closed on our house, we were required to.
Speaker 19: Put a five thousand dollars deposit down.
Speaker 7: We submitted the landscaping plan in December last year and it was approved. We did the landscaping us for the plan and requested our money back, our deposit back, And now we have a message from this landscaping management company that's said no, no, you need more trees and more rocks.
Speaker 4: Well, what do you mean landscape? What do you mean landscape management?
Speaker 7: So they have a team of people in the HOA through the builder that oversees whether you're complying with so many trees and bushes that you put in your yard. You have to submit this plan before you start doing any work.
Speaker 4: Okay, Now, did they approve the plan to beget? Did they approve it?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: And now they're saying hold on.
Speaker 4: Now they're saying, even though we approved it and you have proof of that, we.
Speaker 5: Now want you to do more.
Speaker 4: Yes, under okay, But why did they say why did they say we miss something or.
Speaker 19: To playing or I mean, did you ask.
Speaker 5: Number glory in a non confrontational way?
Speaker 4: Did you ask by the way, why did you approve it?
Speaker 21: Not yet?
Speaker 7: I just got the email back yesterday that said, you know, we need this in this before we'll give you the refund.
Speaker 4: Okay, now is what they're asking. Are you sure what they're asking was not part of the original demand?
Speaker 19: Positive?
Speaker 5: And you're positive.
Speaker 4: That the original plan that was approved is as built correct.
Speaker 5: I don't understand this one.
Speaker 14: We have one.
Speaker 7: So we have natural grass, and so in June when we requested our refund back, they said, no, we need more graphs showing although it had already been in since November.
Speaker 19: So now we waited until.
Speaker 7: This month and requested it that the refund back and said here's our grass, and now they've come back with this.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you already did extra stuff and now they want more extra stuff.
Speaker 7: No, we didn't do extra stuff. We we still planted what was planned, just hadn't come up as much as you wanted.
Speaker 3: Okay, got it, got it, got it, got it?
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: You know, Laurie, we're going to have to have someone call them and see if we can intercede and figure out what the hell's going on. It makes no sense to me whatsoever. If everything you're telling me, is true. This makes no sense to me?
Speaker 19: Sure, and I have the email paper trail.
Speaker 7: So I requested that they call me back and tell me why there's a change.
Speaker 4: And you go above their heads, for example, hold on, can you go above their heads right to the board and say, look, you know, to the age.
Speaker 7: You want to above their head to the supervisor.
Speaker 4: And supervisor advisor to call me back the supervisor of what of.
Speaker 7: The land management team?
Speaker 4: That's what it's called. It's not the covenant committee, it's not okay? Does so if you were building a garage, would it be someone else?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 7: I believe it would still be the same team. That's the HOA approval. Anything you do.
Speaker 4: To your are these members of the homeowners? Or are these members of the man of the management company?
Speaker 19: It's a management company, okay.
Speaker 4: So what's the name of the management company?
Speaker 7: I mean I don't have that.
Speaker 4: They still have to abide by procedure. I mean, they can't just be arbitrary.
Speaker 7: That's what it's feeling like.
Speaker 5: All right, who's in the studio listening to this?
Speaker 3: Is it? Doc? Doc is here? Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes, Doc, we haven't get Have you heard these details?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 4: I mean she did what they approved, and now they're saying she needs more?
Speaker 3: Right, so can you?
Speaker 4: Why don't you give the you know, let's let Deputy Doc take a stab at.
Speaker 5: Calling them and see what the hell's going on this?
Speaker 7: Okay, hold on you at least wait for them to give me a call back.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, he'll do that, he'll do that before.
Speaker 4: Let's let's let him get at least in touch with you and establish communication. And your simple question is going to be why approve it and then tell me I need more?
Speaker 3: That doesn't seem right? Three oh three, seven to one three talk.
Speaker 4: Seven one three eight two five before I take a break, Craig, on your forte is it under one?
Speaker 5: Are you the original owner?
Speaker 14: I bought it at CarMax when it was one year old. I bought in twenty eighteen. It's twenty seventeen five one hundred and sixty eight thousand miles on it, so I think that warranty's boyd. I'm sure.
Speaker 5: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 4: We got more coming up and we're going to talk about the roller auction and what you need to be doing right now. Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com you.
Speaker 3: Don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up.
Speaker 4: Free obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, I'm going to go back to Courtney Pierce Buy and Build. He's checking in the The auction started closing at one pm. Now, let me explain something that means there's more opportunity to get deals, not less.
Speaker 3: And I'll explain this. About once or twice a year buy and Build, which is a great place for kitchen and bath stuff wholesale, low hostsale. I twenty five goes south on Lapan. It's five p sixty South Lapan. About a few times a year a Courtney. About how many times do you do this?
Speaker 21: Somebody asked me, we do it about twice a year, and Tom, we were running out of time on a couple of really really reach Okay.
Speaker 4: Let me let me just say this rollerauction dot Com. Log on rollerauction dot com, look for buy and build on the front page. Then go in and look at items, and as they close, each minute, a new item closes, and then you have you can make a last minute bid and it stays open for another two minutes.
Speaker 3: Now, tell me what's going on.
Speaker 21: One minute, it turns out another one way.
Speaker 18: Yeah, we've got.
Speaker 21: About five minutes left before we get to the vanity cabinets, and they are all sitting at about fifty percent or less than what I would sell it for out of my shop, and they're giving them away practically. And then we've got some kitchen cabinets also. They're like this nova gray seventeen piece kitchen cabinet set would sell out of my store for six or seven thousand dollars. It would sell out of a big box store for about fifteen thousand dollars. It's sitting right now at three thousand dollars. These are the nicest cabinets we have in our whole store. We call them the Diamond Series cabinets. And there are some amazing deals still to be had at this auction.
Speaker 14: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Holy crap. So what should they look for. What are the items starting to close in a few minutes here.
Speaker 21: Well, I mean they're closed like right now. Like I said, if you go to page one, you're going to be seeing pretty big dollar items closing. Vessel sinks right into vanities. The vanities are less than five minutes out, while they're about seven minutes out before the vanity start. And then when you get to the kitchen cabinets, they're about ten minutes out before some amazingly good deals on kitchen cabinets. I mean you could resell these things on Craigslist or twice what they're going for right now.
Speaker 4: Holy I see some stuff here, unbelievable vanities with granite and suffer for two hundred and twenty bucks. So you go in and you bid, and once let's just say you put in the high bid in the last minute or so or last ten minutes, it remains what happens.
Speaker 21: Then it'll stay open for another minute and allow you to counterbids. So if there's two people kind of fighting against each other, they'll be able to go back and forth until they get to the point where they don't want.
Speaker 5: To bid anymore.
Speaker 21: There's no brand new kitchen cabinets are going super cheap this vehicle.
Speaker 4: Some of these are closing out in six minutes. I'm looking the time is time down, so you can make a bid in the last ten seconds and catch someone off guard and unless they come back in a minute, you got it.
Speaker 3: What were you gonna say, Mark, Well, I'm looking at a pedestal sink, brand new white, twenty eight inches, seven bucks, ends in eight minutes.
Speaker 5: I know it. Seven dollars.
Speaker 4: These sinks are incredibly you're a fix and flipper.
Speaker 3: You better get your ass on there now because you could remodel an entire house kitchen, bathroom for pennies on the dollar.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that one, big fifteen piece signature pearl Elite.
Speaker 3: What are you kidding? It's only twenty six hundred bucks right now? How about all the fixing?
Speaker 21: You're one the one right next to it xact same kitchen, unassembled, and the unassembled one's actually going for more money than the pre assembled one.
Speaker 4: The thirty nine hundred right even even that is a screaming deal. A screaming deal.
Speaker 5: Oh man.
Speaker 3: And it looks like you, it looks like you lost your butts.
Speaker 18: Cabinet.
Speaker 21: We have at buy and build.
Speaker 3: It looks like you lost your butt on the vessel sinks they're all going for like thirty bucks. Man, those are like one hundred to three hundred bucks at home depot.
Speaker 21: Yeah, people are getting great deals today. You should log on and try to get deals for the rest of the sale. People are people are really stealing.
Speaker 3: Stuff stainless stainless steel. Tom, listen to this stainless steel eighteen gauge undermount double sink. You know a dual sink? Fifty bucks. I know it, I know it. Gods Courtney, this is great. Great roller r O L L E R. Rollerauction dot Com. We have a question from someone by text. They want to know, So if they bid on it today, when do they find out when?
Speaker 21: If they won, They'll find out right when that auction closes. The second it says, you know, the four minutes and twelve seconds counts down, it'll let them know if they want or not.
Speaker 4: And then they and then if they win, where do they pick it up and win?
Speaker 21: They pick it up at seventy five hundred York Street. And I do believe that there's information at the beginning of the auction that tells you they're hours but I believe we have removal to this afternoon for a little while, but tomorrow and even on Saturday, I believe tomorrow Friday, and I believe they're doing Saturday load out too.
Speaker 18: If you got some.
Speaker 4: Big stuff, so you bring your truck or whatever to pick it up, right, can you arrange somebody else wants to know, can you arrange delivery or is it all pick up?
Speaker 21: I mean you could call somebody for delivery my my truck.
Speaker 20: We do delivery as.
Speaker 21: Well for our kitchen cabinet, so if somebody wanted to call our store and pay us to do it, we could do that, but typically we only deliver the cabinets we sell out of our store.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: Buy and Build dot net by the way, that that's what they are online. But rollerauction dot com is where you're going today right now to close out these deals, and of course always check out Buy and Build for great deals. Thank you, Courtney, appreciate you being on man rollerauction dot com. It's really really a good one.
Speaker 3: This year is one of the best.
Speaker 4: I wish I'm serious, I wish I needed some of this stuff. Holy cow, there's some stuff. These these diamond rustic Hickory based cabinet set a giant set for a thousand bucks.
Speaker 3: It's that they're a lot of eleven hundred dollars right now. These are beautiful. We're not talking schlock stuff here, man, We're talking some really good stuff. They have luxury vinyl planking anyway, So roller auction dot Com we have more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content. An insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, I want to mention that Mark Schamansky has a for Genesis.
Speaker 3: Total Exteriors has a special okay.
Speaker 4: First of all, as the weather turns colder, he's moving indoors and he can.
Speaker 3: Do a lot of stuff like hand railings.
Speaker 4: There's a big move to go from wood to metal or metal spindles modernize your house and it's really beautiful stuff.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 6: I mean, it really modernizes and make your house look a lot better. If you want to switch out your railings going from you know, if you want to keep your top wood, want to just replace your spindles. It adds a little bit of modernization. Or you want to take the whole railing out and go to metal, and again you can do cable, you can do metal all the way around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and what I like these new interior doors. Yeah, you're gonna do especial on the interior doors. So we can come in your house and replace your interior doors. Maybe you have those builder grade hollow core doors that everybody hates, but builders still use them because they're so darn cheap. We can come back in and do a solid core door. Maybe you can do it, you know, an upgraded two panel missionary style, which is the most popular type of door. You'll do two for one right now, we're gonna.
Speaker 5: Do two for one.
Speaker 3: Wow, So you start today through tomorrow.
Speaker 4: We'll do it through the ad or through the Oh okay, cool, let me write that down through the end of the month. That's even better. Now here's the here's the deal. Two for one is through the end of this month. So now we're talking about another.
Speaker 3: Okay, good, and that's here's the number. Three oh three six seven nine eight five zero nine three oh three six seven nine eight five zero nine two for one during November, correct, Okay? And what varieties do you have?
Speaker 5: I mean, we get any kind of door. I mean most of the doors right now are that.
Speaker 6: You know, they do a lot of different colors, but the Shakers style is so popular.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 6: And you know again, at the same time, you want to get your baseboards done, we can handle all that for you.
Speaker 3: Also, Genesis tootalexperience dot com. Thank you.
Speaker 5: Mark.
Speaker 4: On a closing note, I've been contacted by a lot of people and I will get back to you. On Waveight Wealth Management, I just want to say one thing. Okay, I'm running across a lot of people. Now you just got to listen because this is so important. They want to know what turnkey asset management program. That's essentially it means the investment advisor you're dealing with isn't managing your investments.
Speaker 3: They pass your account off to larger firms. That handle it okay, And they don't know about you. They don't know about your horizon, they don't know about your goals. They don't know about anything you can ask them straight up.
Speaker 5: They should not lie to you about that.
Speaker 3: They make middleman fees. You often pay more fees. We also ran into another guy. Now listen, I don't want to piss anyone on off, but I'm just going to be straight with you.
Speaker 4: Who's with Edward Jones and thought he had an advisor? They are not advisors okay. They actually don't have a fiduciary responsibility and they have fees and commissions and other payments, so you're paying more than just one fee. I just want to tell you if you want to free review, contact me Okaywaveeightcapital dot com. That's the number eight, or call three O three seven seven to one help. I'm Tom Martine. Don't forget to tune in tomorrow and save all your problems for me.