Speaker 1: We are now officially on the record of rapid fire. Q and A Trust has got three questions for me.
Speaker 2: I'm ready, all right, I'm gonna save the hot or the eating contest.
Speaker 3: Question for last.
Speaker 2: First question, Sandy, what is your dad's favorite dad joke that you have heard one thousand times out of him in your lifetime.
Speaker 1: You know, I doesn't really qualify as a joke like set up punchline type of joke.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but my dad.
Speaker 1: Refuses to call a caesar salad a caesar salad.
Speaker 4: I know, yes, he calls it a sneezer salad.
Speaker 3: He thinks it's hilarious.
Speaker 1: Oh, just whifting himself laughing, just sneezer.
Speaker 2: Sometimes when we're at your parents' house, I purposely make sure to mention a caesar salad, whether we're eating it or not, just to see.
Speaker 3: He has never one time not taken the baby.
Speaker 1: No, he'll do it every time, every single time, every single time.
Speaker 3: Sneezer salad. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Question number two, based on the fact that my friend Sean is in town, we're doing the girl things. We lay in my bed, we watched the TV. Our daughter lays in the bed too with us. Here's your question, which of your guy friends would you lay in a bed with and watch TV with?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Very not a guy thing to do, but you have to pick none. I mean because.
Speaker 2: You you had a duals weekend with Marlin where you all went to a movie and dinner and then.
Speaker 3: Floated in the pool. So I feel like he's the most obvious answer.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the world really changed when I quit drinking. Yeah, today, I don't know. I did in college a lot with my roommate Jeff. We'd lay in bed and watch TV all day long.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but at some point it became weird and you couldn't do that anymore.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know what happened. But in today's Friends, I'm going to say.
Speaker 4: Scott.
Speaker 3: Scott cross it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just Scott cross it.
Speaker 2: And if you watch a movie that sad, Scott will be laying in the bed next to you weeping.
Speaker 4: I can hand him tissues.
Speaker 3: He's a crier.
Speaker 4: He is a crier, a soft heart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, hold on, So final question here it is Sandy. I've given you a little bit of time to think about it. If you were to enter an eating contest, I'll law Joey Chestnut style, what food eating contest.
Speaker 3: Would you enter what food? Would you eat.
Speaker 4: Anything I would win? Or would I just want to eat?
Speaker 2: Now you would think you'd have the best shot at winning, not against chestnut. I'm just saying having a good performance.
Speaker 4: Pickled herring.
Speaker 3: Oh ew Gott, you're right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pickled hairing. I love pickled hairing. It'd be easy to.
Speaker 3: Eat ka to just slide right there, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Just slide right down.
Speaker 1: I could just swallow it whole and I would just eat a ton of pickled herring. And our friend Melmo is my only friend that will eat pickle hairing with me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and unless you're at home with your dad.
Speaker 1: And we call it in Ukrainian it's called celettitch. Yeah, and that's what my grandm my grandmother called it. My dad calls it celetits. You want celettitch. So if you ever in the house and you hear that, you know, pickled herring's, I'm out.
Speaker 3: I've never heard it. Yeah, you and Mello are the only ones who will et pickled haring around here.
Speaker 4: That's what I would enter. That of Reese's peanut butter cups.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not able to give you a run for you. Many on the Reese's peanut butter cup.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I'm talking full size cups. Have you seen the new one, the giant cup. Yeah, it's like three inches thick.
Speaker 3: Not interested. Not interested.
Speaker 2: There's no way chocolate to peanut butter proportion is the same.
Speaker 3: It will not taste the same.
Speaker 4: You're right, it probably doesn't taste right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the novelty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, I don't know, four or five inches wide, three inches thick.
Speaker 3: Ridiculous.
Speaker 2: One of the great things about the regular sized cups is if you're feeling dainty, you can get two or three bites out of it. If you're not feeling dainty and you just want to eat it, it fits a whole cup in your mouth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, boy, in their delicious. I think that's the best candy invention ever.
Speaker 2: Really, even above Reese's Pieces, because you wow, same family, Same family, Sam, That's one thing I'd missed since I've been on my health journey for eight or nine months.
Speaker 4: Journey.
Speaker 1: Just lay it in bed and watching a movie or watching something and eating a bag of Raese's Pieces.
Speaker 3: Pourn Reese's Pieces.
Speaker 4: In your mind, miss it.
Speaker 3: That's an eating contest you'd win.
Speaker 4: Seeing that's that's a fact. That's rapid fire. Q NA stay with us.
Speaker 1: We got more coming up on Austin's eighties station one O three point one and streaming at one O three to one Austin dot com. Hey, it's Jbian Sandy for our friends at Kowala Cooling, Scott and Stacey. You know the same great people behind kangaroof that I've been telling you about for a while. They are the same people that own Koala Cooling and Plumbing.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: They're great people to know, and they're really great to know if you've got AC problems.
Speaker 5: When I do big, big decisions like this, I'd like to know the owners. Yeah, I've met Scott and Stacy, great people. You do not want to get caught with your pants down in Texas with a broken air conditioner. The way to prevent that, even if your AC's working fine right now, is to set up a service plan, have them come check it, and it may end up saving you a bunch of money. If you're unfortunately in the need of help right now, call him immediately to get you cool off again, because it's only gonna get worse in the next few months.
Speaker 1: And don't forget about plumbing if you've been putting off a repair for a leaky faucet or a clog drain, Kowala can help you out with that too. Contact them at Kowala Cooling dot com or call five one two seven eight eight hundred you want it. Sounds like I get to be a little snotty.
Speaker 2: Yeah do I Yeah, I think that you do. I think that you are going to It's gonna be.
Speaker 3: A big flex for you.
Speaker 4: Okay. I like being snotty.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I'm not a snotty person overall, but sometimes I like to rain down the snot.
Speaker 4: I like to I like to just be.
Speaker 3: That guy, rain down the snot.
Speaker 4: I like to say, push off.
Speaker 2: All right, So let's set this up by saying that Sandy's been on his fitness journey, doing the walking, doing the exercising, the workouts, the weights, and he and his supplements supplements out the wazoo that for some reason I have to lay out for you the night before.
Speaker 4: I do enjoy. It's very maternal of you. You like taking care of it.
Speaker 2: It's the one wifey thing I do free well, not the one blify thing.
Speaker 4: Can I ask you something?
Speaker 1: Are you at all impressed that I've stayed with it this long.
Speaker 3: I am in press because you're cyclical.
Speaker 2: You'll you normally any kind of new fad you jump on, it's about a six week upswing that you're in it, and then about six weeks it slowly falls off and you're out.
Speaker 4: But I don't chase trends.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you can say that now with your supplement talk and your cold plunge talk, you know, what do you have here? What we have here is a story about a woman, a doctor, a PhD, who said, when you're sitting at work and you're losing focus, that the best thing that you can do to get your focus back, a little ten second trick to wake your body up, and you really can do it other times too, is to just splash cold water on your face. It's like I can hear the shock. I mean out of sandy. Okay, No, I get it. At work, you're not gonna have a cold plunge, handy. But if you think you're real brain, like you're really working up your year, Yeah, if your mind before you splash the water on your face, you're like, you know, it's time for your mind to tell your body who's in charge here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're not doing any.
Speaker 2: She's saying, you do it. Here's the part that comes, the pushaw comes from you.
Speaker 3: She's saying.
Speaker 2: The reason you do this is because the cold water activates the mammalian dive reflex, which is a response designed to help human survive when they emerge in cold water. And she said, basically, it kicks your body into fight mode. She's saying that just splashing some cold water on your face does that. The first thing that I thought of was you doing your cold.
Speaker 1: Clearly, I'm wasting my time by submerging into fifty degree water for five to seven minutes, five times a week.
Speaker 2: You want to really get activated, well, you have to be doing any splashing water in your face.
Speaker 1: According to her, I've overdone it again, but again extreme love love, love, love, the cold plunge love.
Speaker 4: Sure, not here thing.
Speaker 1: I don't care how many times I've gotten into that water, and I've done it a lot. It's the same every time. Before you look for any reason to not do it, you look for any reason to stall getting in it. Oh, I need to put that hang, that towel up before I get in the bath. MAT's crooked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh, I think I got a text glasses.
Speaker 4: Might fall off of that counter.
Speaker 1: I mean you literally will look for any reason to put it off, and then you finally you're just like here I go. Yeah, and I now take the get all in method. I do not get in with. I used to get in with just my feet, then slowly get in.
Speaker 4: New I jump do it. And our daughter does it too.
Speaker 1: U she's not quite there, but she's close to, like that's the better way to do it. And it takes your breath away for a few seconds, and then you settle in and you get to a point and you're in that freezing water where.
Speaker 2: You don't feel it no, because you've gone into hype and no.
Speaker 4: No, no, you feel like I could sit here forever.
Speaker 2: Because your body can't feel how cold it is anymore.
Speaker 4: So good for you, Tricia, Wow, I know I get it. I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not I'm gonna do it. I'm for sure gonna do it.
Speaker 2: I wish I had done it the day that you guys cleaned it out, and then the next morning when you went, it.
Speaker 3: Was only like sixty four degrees. That was the day that I was like, I'm doing it.
Speaker 4: It needed some more time to cool. It's ready.
Speaker 1: Like fifty two, fifty to fifty two, right in there for five minutes, and you get out and you are invigorated, You're ready to go.
Speaker 4: It's great.
Speaker 2: It's because your mammalian dive reflex has been it's triggered or whatever.
Speaker 1: Ready to fight, ready to fight. So if you ever tried it, give it a shot. It's not for everybody, but cold water immersion therapy is.
Speaker 4: Very good for you.
Speaker 2: Or just splash your face with cold water. Apparently it gives you the same for the Wieners in the world.
Speaker 4: Just do that.
Speaker 1: Stick around, We've got more coming up. Pines is trying to get back into the catch up game. I think they've they figured out that the number one breakfast condiment is salsa. Ketchup is trying to get back into it. We've got our audio file coming up in just second. Thanks for being with us. I'm Sandy and this is Trisha over here. Find us on Instagram at the Sandy Show Official Facebook is at the Sandy Show.
Speaker 4: Radio is your daily audio file.
Speaker 1: I've always been a fan of ketchup on eggs, especially scrambled eggs. Yeah, not really so much a Friday egg. I'm really more of a on all eggs. I am a Chilula guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you, I feel like you keep Chilula in business.
Speaker 4: I love it. Well.
Speaker 1: Hines is trying to get people to put their ketchup onto their eggs, and they claim one in four people do it. But they have a new commercial advertising breakfast Ketchup.
Speaker 3: People always give me a hard time about putting ketchup on my eggs.
Speaker 4: What's the big deal? So offended? Boom, breakfast ketchup?
Speaker 3: Who nos, cub your eyes stop looking. It's perfect all right, that's that might be a little too much.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna eat it, though. I like ketchup on an omelet.
Speaker 3: Is it breakfast ketchup? Just the hinds ketchup?
Speaker 4: I'm sure?
Speaker 3: Just putting the bottle on the table entering breakfast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the label says breakfast Ketchup. They're in waffle houses, one hundred waffle houses all around the country. A bunch of kids in California helped break a world record for the largest game of red Light.
Speaker 4: Green Light.
Speaker 1: Happened last month and Ginness just posted the official announcement. By the way, oney, four hundred and twenty three people took part.
Speaker 4: Here. They are breaking the record.
Speaker 6: We are going to attempt to break the world record of the largest green light red light game. Students from many.
Speaker 4: Schools red light green baps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's so said it wrong.
Speaker 4: Dom, she's stupid.
Speaker 6: I have been invited. We have families coming. We are expecting to see you. Over fourteen hundred students today.
Speaker 2: The current record was fourteen hundred and fifteen people.
Speaker 3: The achievement today fourteen and twenty three people.
Speaker 4: And kids are doing that. They ought to be reading books or math or something.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, when they're inside reading books, you said they should be outside plane.
Speaker 4: I can't be I can't be satisfied.
Speaker 3: Satisfying.
Speaker 4: Guy's gone viral.
Speaker 1: His name is Mikey, teaching the world how to cut an avocado so it won't go brown. Basically, cut the top off, making a cup out of the avocado. That way it's less exposed to air. Here's Mikey.
Speaker 7: All right, when you cut an avocado, that exposes a lot of surface area tending to get brown a lot quicker. So what you do is you slice your avocado and then as you use it, you just scoop it out, drop it on your toast, and you just drop it right on a little plate or bowl or whatever, and it keeps it from going brown.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you this. I played that thing and other people would understand it. I don't understand.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what it is.
Speaker 2: Do you know when you the fancy way to eat an egg, when you poach an egg inside the eggshell and then they serve it to you on the little egg pedestal and you tap the top and you just take the very tip of the egg off, and then you have the.
Speaker 3: Cute, little tiny pork. That's what he's saying. For the avocado, you don't slice it and take the seed out.
Speaker 2: You hold it up like you would an egg sitting on the pedestal. You just get the very tip of the avocado off, and then you leave all the skin on it. And when you need avocado, you go and you just take a spoon and you scoop it out.
Speaker 3: It's still in the skin the whole time.
Speaker 4: So you peel it kind of like you do a chipolte burrito.
Speaker 3: As it goes. Yeah, but you're never appeeling the skin.
Speaker 2: You just are only using your spoon or a knife to dig in and get the amount of avocado out. When you're done, you should still be holding an entire avocado skin except for the top that's empty inside.
Speaker 4: So you work around the big pit, correct, are yeah?
Speaker 3: Love a boy, Love a boy.
Speaker 4: By the way, the accident. He's from South Africa. Just so you know. That's our daily audio file. More coming up.