Speaker 1: Hello everyone, Welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donnie Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth. It is twenty twenty six. Happy ef in New year, Baby, Let's go all feels like the same to me. It's Friday, January second. Here it is one oh three pm, so little afternoon pod for the boys. We're gonna be talking about Super High roller Bowl because that wrapped up just before the Christmas holiday hit and everyone decided to, you know, take off and not pay attention to anything. PGT Last Chance is coming up, so Tim and I will dive into that. We also got to do our Fantasy Draft. I want to do some fun segments. We're gonna do our year end recap, of course, we got to do that, you know, talk about how much we either succeeded or failed in twenty twenty five, give our results, all that good stuff. I also want to do the most official, unofficial poker awards, you know, because it's RIP Global Poker Awards, So you know, I'm gonna do it my way, and that's just how it's going to be done. Tim shaking his head over there. And then I have a list. I'm the one bringing a list today. Okay, so we're just gonna have some fun with it as we wrap up twenty twenty five and kick off twenty twenty six. As always, if you are listening wherever you're listening to the Poker Grol Podcast, please please please favorite the show, leave a review, subscribe, whatever the heck you got to do to help the algorithm know that we do have listeners out there and they do enjoy our content. It really does help us grow. As always, feel free to email us at podcast at PokerGO dot com. I'm thinking that we should do a mailbag episode coming up. I was thinking, you know, maybe we should do it for this show, but then I was like, well I kind of thought about it late, didn't really get the word out whatever, but you know, kind of just some I mean, we did that one year for the WSP and it was it was the hit. You know, we had a ton of questions, we answered every single one, all that sort of stuff. So maybe we'll do another one just kind of like, I don't know, questions about twenty twenty five or upcoming for twenty twenty six. I don't know exactly, but you know, I think we were due for a mailbag episode. So I mean, if you guys want to start the chain there, you know, just fire over some questions to podcast at PokerGO dot com and Tim and I will put together an episode surround or centered around that, and then we'll we'll hit on everything. This episode of the Poker Girl Podcast is brought to you by the brand new season of High Stakes Poker. That's right, High six Poker is back, and season fifteen just might be the wileest yet. If you guys haven't done so already, you can start diving in to all seventeen new episodes on poker goat dot com. Global superstar comedian Kevin Hart is in the mix, and the chips are freakin' flying. He jumps into the most iconic cash game in poker alongside Andrew Robel. Jennifer Tilly's in this season, Sam Keekey's there, Stanley Tang is there. We got Nick Airball in the mix. Justin Gavrey is trying to not lose for once in his High Stakes Poker tenure. It seems like all that guy seems to do is lose. It's called the Season of Blood. You know. In some of the episodes, you hear Andrew Robill say it. You hear Kevin Hart say it. Our guy Brent Hanks has been saying that this is the season of blood, and it really is the season of blood for a reason. The steaks get as high as five hundred one thousand, and as I mentioned, you can binge the entire full season, So a little bit of a twist for what we've done in the past. In the past, we've you know, we've always released it in a cadence of one episode per week. This one, we just dun't the whole damn thing. All seventeen episodes on My guy Tim. He had to get them all out there. He had to do the descriptions, do the metadata, all that sort of stuff. But they're out there. All seventeen episodes are action packed. They are exclusively on Poker Go. And if you want to save some cash, use the promo code podcast when you become a Poker Grow annual subscriber. That'll save you twenty bucks on your first year of a new annual plan. That's good if you want to join as a new subscriber, or if you want to upgrade from monthly or quarterly to annual, So do that today. PokerGO dot Com. Use that promo code podcast. All right, now that I paid the bills, let's get into Super High rollerbl Jaosimo, the Brazilian Star, the freak Prussure Man. He wins Super High ROLLERBLE ten, Super High Rollable X. Every time I see super high Rollable X, I know the Roman numeral xes for ten, but I always put like x's when I in my documents after like fill in text later, so I'm like, oh am I forgetting to put something in there. But then I'm like, no, this is number ten. So Super High roll Role X twenty three entries. Jaosamou wins it. It was a freeze out. It was one hundred k buy in. He wins one point one million dollars. Another seven figure score for Jaosamau this year, which might be hard to realize because he has his Henden Mob hidden, but you can dig through some of the various platforms out there. We know the PGT stuff that he's done. Obviously WSAP stuff is out there as well, so you know, we'll kind of talk about his year in a second. But I mean this, the final table was epic. That the heads up match was insane. I was glued to the damn thing five hours against Jason Kuhn. I mean it was. If you guys haven't seen this, go find it on PokerGO dot com. You can find it on the poker Goro YouTube channel. I would highly encourage you to watch it. One it was. It was highly entertaining. You know, the hands and the action, the chips are flying, it was good stuff. The heads up match itself was it was a clinic by both players. You know, they were both of them are are very good in the theory side of things, the solver side of things. They understand all that, especially Jason Kuhn, who is arguably the best in the world at that. But then they also both understand how to deviate, when to exploit, and it was simply a masterpiece by both sides. You know, you had Kuhn who started out with a lead and then he stretched that up to I think it was about seven or eight to one. Early on, Samau gets all in. He's all in and at risk three different times in this heads up match, and each time he's crushed by Kuhn, but somehow pulls it out. You know. The first one is he's got Queen nine to Kuhn's King nine. He finds a queen on the river. You know. Then you know, Samala gets into the lead, but by a little bit, but then Kuhn takes it back. Kuhn gets back up to seven to one. Then it's Samow King five versus Kuon's King Queen. But no, you know, no worries because Samow just makes quad fives. No big deal there. And then it's Samow the ace five versus the pocket tens of Kuhn, and an ace hits on the turn and that puts theou up four to one in chips, and then eventually he closed it out from there. He finally had the best of it when the money went in. He had pocket eights, Coon had pocket fives, and Kuhn could not come from behind. But I mean, Samow, I thought, played great. You know, It's it's kind of hard because you watch the heads up match and and you know, as I outlined in some of those big hands there, you're kind of thinking, like, man, this guy's just getting lucky and lucky and lucky. And yeah, I mean he was. But that's not to take away from as well as Samo played, because he played great as well. You know, and for Kun, you know, one of the best players ever. It was great to really see him. I mean, maybe not great is the best way to describe it, but I don't know. I enjoyed seeing him have to go through that adversity and like constantly fight back and constantly get knocked down. And not that he wasn't you know, getting unlucky, because he certainly was, but just just constantly having to fight for that and keep his composure and continue to try and you know, make the best decision at every point when a lot of lesser players, you know, might have just kind of spiraled out of control, you know, just just being like, man, I can't beat this guy. I'm starting to go on tilt with all this losing that I'm doing. What the heck is happening? You lose composure, all that sort of stuff. But not Jason Kuhn. He was locked in every single hand, as was Jaosamau. And then and then right afterwards, you know, Josamau said, you know, I got really lucky, but both played great. The heads up match was one for the ages. If if you guys again haven't seen it, I would I highly encourage you to go find it. The total payouts, Jaosama out first place one point one million. As I mentioned, Kuhn got six hundred and fifty k for second place. Sam Soverll finished in third for three hundred and fifty k. He came into the day the final day as the chip leader with five players remaining, then finished third for three, which was good enough to put him at the top of the PGT leaderboard. So he's now the front runner for the PGT Player of the Year race, which Tim and I will get into a little bit more when we talk about the PGT Last Chance. And then you had Nick Shulman cashing in fourth place for two hundred k. As I mentioned five returns for the final day, Japan's June Ubara he bubbled first. He ran kings into Samsoverrol's aces that got him crippled the three Big Linds. Then he ultimately lost out to Jau Samau to burst on the bubble. But Obara played well in himself, I mean, just a cooler there with the kings into the aces that ultimately you know, caused his collapse, but left with the smile on his face. Seems like a great guy. So I'm excited to see him kind of in that PGT atmosphere more so going forward now for you, sir, mister commissioner, Yes, I mean talk to me about this event. I mean, first of all, let's just talk about Jousamao, Like, what's your thoughts on him? The year he's having on the PGT. You know, I think people forget that he finished third in the Super High Rollable PLO like he's he's crushing. And again, I think it's hard to because you go to look jousonmou up and you know you're gonna land on HND and MOB and he has his results hidden, right, so it's hard to be like, oh, like what, you know, what's he doing? What's happening all that sort of stuff. Like you see a lot of stuff out there right now with like Jesse Loan has won thirteen million dollars or whatever it was this year. Jesse Loanison who not Puns were battling for GPI Player of the Year. But when it comes to Samal you can't find anything. So you know, just talk to me a little bit about his year and that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, firstly, that shouldn't be allowed. We should uh laws, I'm the.
Speaker 1: Last laws privacy.
Speaker 2: Laws, but I don't believe in those laws. But yeah, that does make it difficult. You're also forgetting he won the uh what was it the Trident Maine for his third bracelet. Uh what three?
Speaker 1: I mean, we got into all that stuff. But yeah, he's having like six or he was, sorry, he won four million dollars in December alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's having a career year.
Speaker 1: Five million dollars in December alone.
Speaker 2: Sorry, a career year on the PGT. You kind of touched on it. He's fifth place right now with just a little bit over twenty two hundred points. He's won three point eight million all time in the PGT. He's only won five point four so a good sixty percent coming this year. And for those that may not be aware, you know, Jaz's looking pretty fit, pretty in shape. He's lost some weight. You know, is that the you know, is that can we relate that? Can we relate the health getting in shape, getting nice and healthy? You know, he's probably doing it for his you know, family and his kids and stuff, but hey, it's it's you know, it's leading to some pretty impressive poker results. So that's, uh, you know, that's something to kind of just be aware of. But yeah, he's having a great year. He plays ninety percent of our events. He plays mix, plays p low, plays all the no limit. Uh. He's also just one of the nicest guys on the tour, just like just like he's head up upon a Jason Kuhn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as you touched on Tremendous twenty twenty five. You know, you and I know because we're in the studio during all the PGT events. We see him there all the time battling. So it kind of always seemed like a matter of time for as Jasamaov was going to have a year like this. As I mentioned, he did get third in that Super high rollerable plo. He cash for more than four million dollars at WSP Paradise right before he then came to play the Super high Roll lebl event. So just an absolute banner year for JAOSAMOU believe he had some success down in Brazil during their Super high Roller series that they had I think in November, maybe end of October, I forget exactly, but around that time. So you know, Jao's just on fire right now and looking ahead. You know, not to jump ahead too much here, but you know, entering the PGT Championship, he's got to be somebody that we consider, you know, could go on to win the event. You know, we're talking about him as the PGT Championship winner.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: And and for those that might think, well, where the heck did this guy come from? I mean, trust me, he's he's been around and he's been putting in the work and he's you know, he's finally getting the results that have been meaning to come to him. So good on Jao for all of that. And yeah, certainly one of the nicest guys in in the entire world. He's great. I do want to hit on the event itself. You know, there's been some chatter about the event. You know, the time nine was a bit wonky. I guess I'll just describe it as you know, kind of craming it in there. Right before Christmas, you know, Poker News wrote about the event in a paragraph within a greater article that was about entries being down in Las Vegas during December, and this one not that the entries were necessarily down in super high level because it was twenty four last year it was twenty three this year. But when you equate the buy in right before. It's been three hundred k when it's been in the studio minus the first year back in twenty fifteen. Well, it wasn't in the studio, it was in the conference area or whatever. But that was a five hundred k buy But you would figure that, Okay, if you take the price point and you chop it it down to one third of the price point, shouldn't you get close to three x the entries? You know? So, I mean, how do you like, what's your thoughts there or what would you tell the people or whatever?
Speaker 2: That's definitely not sure you would assume that. But you know, you have to think that there's people that would have actually played this if the buy in was bigger. I mean, you could make an argument that you make the buy in five hundred k, maybe we actually get more than twenty three entries. I don't think Poconeses did a very good job in putting this event as part of that article. I don't think it fits. Even though it's just a Vegas event in Decemba, it's a completely different event. It's so close to Christmas. Obviously, when you have such a buying, a buying of this magnetaria, it really you can't compare to five hundred dollars bayans thousand dollars buy ins, you know, the ten k main event that they're kind of discussing in the article. There's reasons this wasn't you know, a massive hit. And I would say, you know, a massive hit for this would have had to be in fifty sixty entries at a minimum. It was just kind of not the not the best time. We heard from players that they were skipping it that would normally be locks to play this if you put it in a random Wednesday in September. So yeah, timing was a big thing with this, especially after, you know, coming up on the back of WSB Paradise and the you know WPT Wins series where there was players that would plan to play this that were in events still at the win. So yeah, all in all, I'm not really using, you know, any of these data points of the twenty three entries as an indication for for any like future hundred k's or high stakes kind of tournaments are running. I think the biggest variable here it was was just timing wise and what else it was up against.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and listen, a lot of people got their asses buried in the Bahamas. Yeah, I mean like I was. I was looking up some like just Bahamas results the other day, and I was like, oh, how come, how come I can't find anyone with Isaac Hackson. Oh he didn't cash like Jason Kuhn had one cash you know, and like for someone like Jason Kuhn, who is for sure down there firing all the biggest buy and stuff, you know, he has like one cash for I think it was two hundred, two hundred and fifty k or something, I'm like, well, that's like that's one entry, like in a tournament. So you know, you're even like I was looking up Sean Deep like he didn't do anything yeah down there, Like you know, it's just people just got freaking buried. You know. Seth Davis put his results out on social media every single day. I mean he lost like one point two or one point five million or whatever the heck the number came to. But you know, people just got annihilated in the Bahamas. So I can't imagine that you would want to then hop on a flight come to Vegas right before Christmas and you know, light another one hunter km fire if that's how things are going for you at that current time in poker, so it's it's difficult.
Speaker 2: Yes, Seth was one of those ones that you know, he's a two time you know, defending not defending, but two time Super High Rollaball champion from last season. You would think he also loves the freeze out for him. Man, he's probably the first in line to register for this event. But you know, he had plans with his nephew. They were going to some college football Oregon Ducks game, So he was one that will kind of set out. There's a few names that you know, we don't hear too much on on the PGT you know that travel Play Trent that kind of reached out to me and expressed why they were not coming. And the biggest reason is, you know, they're going to play whatever it is, several million dollars of buyings in the Bahamas, and then is it really worth them on the eve of Christmas, you know, flying to Vegas for one event because at the end of the day, that's all it was. Because a lot of the big stuff at Win had already was like finishing or had already finished. So they were essentially, you know, coming just for one event. It wasn't really you know worth it for them, and a lot of these factors just you know, when you're talking of small fields, you know, we have twenty three entries. That's two you know, two, three, four people that couldn't make it because of just some other thing. Well, there's a big difference between you know, twenty three entries and twenty seven percentage wise when you have these small fields. So it doesn't matter every every entry, you know, matters in these high stakes tournaments when you're talking like the ten k win main event. You know, if one guy, you know, you didn't play this year, I didn't play this year, that's not really going to matter at the end of the day. Two entries for two trees out of you know, potentially sub thirty player field is a big difference.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, for sure. I mean, I mean this event also has kind of been all over the map in terms of scheduling. It's been in May, it's been in December now, it's right before Christmas, it's been in I think the fall, it's been in Europe, like, it's literally been all over the place. I mean, so you know, when you look ahead to next season and you have this event, you know, like where do you like where do you see it fitting in next season? Like if you could just if you could pick the best time independent of everything else, Like where would you stick this?
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm not planning I'm putting it anywhere on the schedule next year.
Speaker 1: I mean is that you're hearing about the high buy in stuff like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a little bit of the tax it's a little bit of the taxes stuff. You know. I felt like we had a really really good spot for this year because originally it was it was on the back act of the one hundred k p Low, so we were going to basically go one hundred k plow three hundred k super high rollabile with some other high stakes no limit things, and we were to really capitalize on people. You know, now we're satisfying what these players have requested, like travel for a week, but get you know, I think Nick Pechangelo has told me in person like yeah, we want to come and put millions of dollars of buyings in in a short time, so it's worth it. So doing one hundred k plow, doing the three hundred k super Hierolli ball, or maybe it was one hundred k plus some other high sex no limit events around October where there was no overlap with competing events, you know, we would have got really big numbers. Now heading into next year, I would say this is coming up a bit of a failure, you know, even with the you know, even with all the variables we've discussed, it's you know, people are going to forget about that. When we announced this, say hyperthetly we're going to do it in May, people are just going to instinctively go. I don't think twenty three entries. That sucks with not you know, figuring out the variables, even though we know those. So personally, I think it's not on my radar at all to put on next year. I don't have any interest in doing it, and that's because of that. But also, you know, with all the taxes, you know, we've heard, I've heard directly from players that you know, what their limit is this year buy and why So I don't think this fits on the schedule. Obviously, there's people with more power than me at the company that may just say we're doing it December twenty second, and then it's on December twenty second. So but at this stage I'm not planning to do it again. We're just going to have to see how the year goes and kind of figure it out. Look may look if things change. You know, there's some stuff that came out the last few days about the taxes. I just kind of did a tweet about it. But maybe things change even further, maybe we get an overruling year and we're back to normal. We don't really know, so yeah, I'll have to configure it. And you know, I think we're probably won't discuss it on this part or for a little while, but you know, you and you and may have discussed a kind of different idea for a highest stakes kind of buying event that I think will have a lot more legs than this will. So I'd rather be putting my energy into to that event and making that be the one, the Al Marqui event for the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I hear you on all the fronts. You know, I totally get it. I will say that if I were to put on my audience hat and just like from where I sit, you know, I understand what you're saying where you say. You know, some players might look at it and say, like, well, it only got twenty three, twenty four entries. It's kind of not worth my time to travel and play it as one off whatever. I get that from the player side. As a viewer, I still love this event. I don't care if it gets sixteen players or you know, one hundred and sixty. I think it's still worth it to see the best of the best, you know, big buying tournament players play an extended event over three days in a really really good structure. I really like the freeze out format this year, you know, I think that that is something that like really tickles my fancy, Like I just I love that. Like that's why I was so glued to this heads up match between Samo and Kuhn, Like it was just freaking incredible poker. Like so from a viewer, I would say like, yeah, you know, it's a bit of a bummer that, you know, you don't get thirty forty fifty sixty entries in this thing, right, But I still think it's elite poker at the highest level, a lot on the line, and that's what I want to see. I want to see the I want to see the best players trying to make the best decisions they can in the highest pressure moments. And that's to me what super high rollabile prise events. Now, I also love things like like Triton, but I do think that Triton gets a little bit faster at the end in a lot of this, Like those events are pretty quick at the end of the day. And I get it, you know, you're catering to more VIPs and all that sort of stuff. Like I totally understand it. But but this is, like, you know, I don't know. This to me is like the the best, most prestigious like Super high Roller title out there. And yeah, it's taken some hits in terms of field size recently, and it's it's not the best to do it in the United States. It's just difficult. But yeah, so I don't know. I would I would hope it doesn't go away, but I get that if it has to, you know, kind of go on a hiatus for a year or so as we kind of figure out what the heck is going to happen with everything, you know, gauge, the player pool, et cetera. But I do love the event. You know, I personally think that Super high Roll will should go to five hundred k. You know, I don't I don't exactly know how I that's what I want to happen and then I'll like figure out the how later. But I don't know. I feel like the bigger the buy in, the better as opposed to going the other way, you know. So, but I do look, if we super high rollable mixed games at one hundred k priceman, I do like having Super Bowl PLO at one hundred k price point, and then I think the super high rollerball you know itself would I would be trying to kick that thing up the other.
Speaker 2: Way, right, Yeah. I mean, look, we had conversations with as they've come to be known VIPs, and how do we get them to play this event, and they had some interesting ideas. So if we were to say, if you force my hands, say let's schedule it next year, regardless of what you think, I'd obviously talk to them again see what they want to do, because they may obviously not care too much about the taxes, and then I would look to do how we kind of had originally planned where we had it following the hundred k PLO. I think that's a nice synergy of events, and you could mix in some kind of mid to higher buyings in there to really centivize, you know, the Europeans just to come travel. You know, instead of giving them one event, right, which is the Super roller Ball, we're giving them the Super roller Bowl, one hundred k plow, the Super Higher Rollabule, say one hundred k no limit. Maybe there's a couple of twenty fives and fifties sprinkled in on those other days. So yeah, you can come for the week and get a million dollars and buy ins in and actually make it worth your time. So yeah, gun to the head, That's what I would do next year. But we just really have to see, obviously how the landscape shakes out, you know, what how our schedule is like where we could put this, how is you know, the Trent schedule. You know, we've got obviously WPT doing some new stuff this this year. So yeah, we have to kind of wait and see. But hey, maybe we can get it back on the schedule. Maybe we won't, so kind of have to play the waiting game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So talking about Super High Rollable, Jousimow, congratulations to him. Just a freaking, absolutely amazing job. So kind of just wrapping up the whole Super High Rollable series if you want to call that or brand for the year. You had Chad Eve Sledge won the Super High Rollable Mixed Games Hunter k Bien and that one as well, he won that back in what was it, March, I believe, yeah, March. Then you had John Reardon, another nice guy in poker, super nice guy as well. He won Super High Rollable PLO in October, so not too long ago for him. And then here you have Jiao Samau winning Super High rollerbl in December to close out the calendar year, not the PGT year, because we still got to roll in to twenty twenty six, which we're going to do next here on the podcast as we swing things over to the PGT Last Chance Series. As the name suggests, as Tim and I have talked about in the past, this is the last chance to get into the PGT Million Dollar Championship. The PGT Last Chance Series takes place January fifth through tenth at the Pokero Studio. There are six ten thousand dollars buying events. They're ten thousand, five hundred dollars buying. If you register on time, you get a four hundred dollars discount, so it's only one hundred dollars rake, which is pretty awesome. Players are allowed unlimited entries, so buckle up. I guess it's gonna be blasting time in this thing. And then and then Tim wenton, did did something a little wacky crazy, I mean good, you know, in a good way. But last year three dream seats were given out based on the series leaderboard to people to get into the PGT million dollars Championship. This year he went up to to five. We might just go out, all right, cool, So I guess let's hit on that first, because that's kind of the coolest thing about this. You know, this season's Last Chance Series has that increase from three to five Dream seats being offered. So what's the motivation behind that change? What have players been saying out there? I know you're talking to everyone and you know who's going to be coming in blasted.
Speaker 2: The mere reason was the change is that for last year there was three dream seats plus five dream passes into another tournament where you could win into the championship. We removed that kind of satellite into the free roll. So doing that, we obviously had to up the Last Chance seats. The first year we did two, so we when two, three, five, I think that's a nice progression and it gives the best thing about this series is that it gives anyone a chance to qualify for the free roll. Now that may not sound good, but what that means that it does create a lot of extra value in this tournament for both the players. Like, for example, you may just decide to rock up fire, some bullets run good, and you're in the free roll. But then you think about the TJ. Reid, Well, he's pretty close anyway, so like, yeah, I mean he's coming off a.
Speaker 1: Huge score at Paradise. He doesn't couple studio events on the regular. Yeah, you know, and now he's he's out here and he's going to be blasting the whole thing he's got. He's got all the action listed on poker steak dot com. I think there's a whole of like seven or eight people that are on poker steak dot com. So if you guys do want to buy action, go over there and you can get in on the action. But TJ. Reid is somebody who's like, yeah, let's go. I'm gonna get in there. I'm going to try and I'm either going to try and win a dream c via the leaderboard or I'm going to try and get the points to the.
Speaker 2: Cl and then you've got the people. You know, let's go to the very top of the leaderboard. You know, this year we'll got Sarveral fox and China Ring. Now they're all competing for Player of the Year. Obviously a bigger gap from second to third, but either way, Sam, Sarvo, Alex fox In they're only separated by basically a fifty k fifty k.
Speaker 1: Cash fifty first.
Speaker 2: So look they're going to be battling, you know, for Player of the Year. There's some value there if we if we scroll down to the very bottom, you know, you've got people like right on the fringe. You know that will be coming. You've got Joey Weisman, Mesado yokasaua Ben Tom you know, Matt Wantman, Eric Blair, all these guys right on the fringe close to getting knocked out. So there's value for them to pick up a few more points, lock their seat in.
Speaker 1: Last year's Player of the Year and PGT Championship winner is currently on the end.
Speaker 2: Then we exactly then we look on the outside. You got andrewos Spachenko didn't even realize he was so close. You got Nacho Barbero, David Corman, Jeremy Osmond, David chen Pads, Sam Laskuwitz, all these guys that are heavy volume players in the studio, but they haven't had the best here. Now they have a chance to. All right, let's get this run good in this week. Pick up some cash's, knock out the Michael Duex, the Sean Deebs, the Richard grecos that that may not be coming, and get into the top forty and then obviously in the middle of the list, the middle of the top forty. Every position you move up on the leaderboard, you gain five bbs for your starting stack in the million dollar three roll, So there's ev for there. So really this series is perfect for everyone, doesn't matter where you are on the leaderboard, unless unless you're someone like a Michael Msrahi, who I have chatted to. He's got these three cashes, he's locked into fourth. He could you know, maybe he drops the fifth, sixth, seventh, day two no's, but otherwise he's see him pretty sweet. He could just take that one more week off rock up for the championships. So either way, unless you're Michael Msrahi, there's a pretty decent amount of value for anyone that wants to come play PGT Last Chance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, last year during the PGT Last Chance Series, I looked it up that there was just a tad over seven thousand points awarded. So you know, that's a ton of points that have to do with the series leaderboard, that have to do with the season long leaderboard, that have to do with this Player of the Year race. I mean there's a lot on the line here. And as you and I have witnessed in the last couple of years, and most specifically last year during the Last Chance Series, I mean there is there are fewer sweats for a series like the Last Chance It's it's awesome in the studio. So you know, you got the players fighting for the top forty positions. You got players maneuvering to get more chips in there. You know, you got some players that might just come out just as a little bit of a warm up, you know for the championship, you know, instead of coming in cold if they've had you know, two three weeks off between you know, whatever they were doing before the holidays and coming into the championship. So there's that, you know, you obviously have the dream seats aspect of things, and that's going to be a big fight. So this is going to be a pretty exciting series. I'm pretty pumped see how it all plays out. I'm curious ultimately, you know, how many people come and play, you know, I'm always curious for our series, how many people come and play, you know. But I guess we'll wait and see and then Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, this series last year had had insanely good number's basically averaged one hundred and fifteen entrance per per event. Now, you know, we're going to keep touching on this tax stuff. I think we'll have a little bit of an effect on this event obviously. I think if we're hitting the eighty entrance per tournament, I think that's good. But I don't think this will be And I don't think we can use the data from this unless it's severely bad, like fifty entrants as you know, data points for the rest of the season because of all the added value here, you know, alongside the dream seats, the point chase, and the free roll, there's just so much on offer in this event. So uh yeah, I hope we get it. I hope we get a good turnout. Obviously, there's a lot of big names you know that I kind of touched on that are on the fringes that will definitely be you know, wanting to be a part of the million dollar free roll. So I think we're going to see, you know, it also changes some of the way people play. Like if you remember last year, you know, the main event champion Jonathan Tomay, I just needed one more cash and like there were some spots I just remember, like, you know, he's facing it all in, but they're close to the money and he's making like very results, you know, orientated folds, and I think there's a lot of that for some people, you know, where now there's ICM implications just making the money, just cashing making that next pay jump is you know, you may leap you know, two, three, four, five, six spots on the leaderboard with if you can just make a six thousand dollars paye jump. So yeah, it's it's a very There's a lot of interesting dynamics with PGT Last Chance, and that's why it is a pretty fun series kind of to be a yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, I can't wait for this one.
Speaker 2: Ten dream seats next year questionable, it's got to go up. It's gone two three, five, it has to go up. It's about just picking the number.
Speaker 1: I mean, five could be the number. You know, five could be a good number. I mean to me, it it's it's so the reason why I think that it's hard to just increase it is because it's it's a bit of a leap of faith, because you know, in theory, yes, there should be more dream seats awarded if the field sizes go up, but we don't know if the field sides are going to go on. I mean we're guessing, right, I mean, this year is this year's the riskiest of them all, just because again of that tax thing and what we're hearing from some of the players how they might back off plane and whatever. So it's going to be interesting to see how that happens, right, So I mean we'll see. I mean, hopefully it turns out to be awesome, but again, I mean, you just you never know at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: So and look, we don't have to decide, you know, whether we're going keeping it at five, we're going in a seven or ten. We don't really need to make that, you know, we don't need to plan on that for quite a while. So we'll have enough kind of we'll look at this how the season starts, breaking out the numbers, and then kind of, you know, figure it out from the well.
Speaker 1: One of the things we have to do is we have to draft for it.
Speaker 2: You and Ildy. I'm Sorrydy, I'm crushing you. I should just I should give you an extra pick.
Speaker 1: I mean, does super highroleble count.
Speaker 2: We dropted for Superrollible?
Speaker 1: No, we didn't.
Speaker 2: We drafted for Paradise and Super Highrollible.
Speaker 1: Oh I didn't. Okay, I didn't know if it was just Paradise and then we.
Speaker 2: Were it was both. Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're absolutely fucking crushing me. So it's like, but we'll draft anyway. For the hell I drafted jow Right, Yeah, yeah, of course you did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he won the non PGT event.
Speaker 1: Does matter? He wants to pize.
Speaker 2: I know. I'm just saying I'm pretty good at this thing, all right.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I didn't do too bad because I had Sam's overall and Jason kohon, so it's pretty good. The worst situation on the world. But I'm still getting crushed. You're up like you have like double my points, like I have like nineteen hundred. You have like thirty eight hundred or something. So whatever, all right, so let's just do five new people.
Speaker 2: Got it.
Speaker 1: You're up first, I'm up first. I hope he's fucking list maybe, I hope he's listening. My guy, Jeremy f and Becker. Let's go. J Becks, are you listening. I drafted you first. I told you the other day, well we were playing at Venetian, that you were going to crush the PGT last chance reason. You are gonna win a dream seat even though you have like two hundred points in the year and this is your only chance to get in. But you are hot. He just won the Venetian the other day for seventy one or seventy two k something like that. He bagged the day one a Chipley last night from the next Venetian tournament. I mean, this guy is as hot as they come. Let's go Jeremy Becker. He also said, Max firing, Max firing, Jay Becks, let's go. So I'm in there for Jeremy freakin Becker. Let's go, baby.
Speaker 2: I'm also gonna take a Jeremy.
Speaker 1: You can take you get, you get two picks.
Speaker 2: By the way, I know I'm gonna take Jeremy Osmas.
Speaker 1: Oh, Jeremy. I er, yes.
Speaker 2: Jeremy Osmus, and give me William Alex fuckson.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. That's a good one, all right. I'm going with.
Speaker 2: I do have some inside of knowledge on some of these players, so I don't if you if you throw someone out that I have knowledge on al you.
Speaker 1: Know, taking Shannon Shore, Okay, last year.
Speaker 2: He did win two. He thought he wasn't gonna play because of.
Speaker 1: All his DM saying I'm in okay, yeah, good. And then I'm gonna go with uh, David ODB Baker, my guy. I know he's got at least the first three events listed on poker Steakes, so maybe a little bit of elite from me. I'm guessing ODB is gonna be one of those guys which you do see in the PGT Last Chance Series where they're not going to reach the top forty. So they come and they play the first one to three events, maybe maybe they can get some some stuff going, they get some points, then they're in the thick of it for the dream Seat Race, and then boom, they're playing the whole series. So that's why I'm drafting ODB. Plus he's my guy. Let's freaking good.
Speaker 2: That's good. That's a good one. I'm gonna take Sean Winter.
Speaker 1: Sean Winter, Yep, No.
Speaker 2: He's coming and he's he's in that kind of vulnerable spot, so I'm like, Okay, he needs to get some points. I'll take him. Then I'm gonna take Jim Collopy, who is now of course Jim will be there. Breaking news, Victor Blaum has opted out of the free row, which means Jim Callipy is now fortieth.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go. Yeah, that's just for all those wondering about the top forty, there's not only do you have to have enough points to be in the top forty of the leaderboard, you have to also check two boxes. One of them is you need three PGT caches. That's what we were talking about for so often with Michael the grindermans Rocky. He ended up getting his third in the Bahamas. For those PGT qualifying events as part of WSP Paradise, there are some other players either in the top forty or right around the top forty who would need to hit the three cash marks. So maybe they'll be out there trying to get it during the PGT Last Chance series. Maybe they just pass on it. It was all so then in that case, you would do like what Tim just said with Victor Blam, you remove them, You bump everyone up a slot, and that's how things go. The second thing is that people need to opt in to play the championship. So what Tim is saying there with Victor Blom, Tim's been doing all this outreach. He's being the commissioner that we need. He's talking to all the players. Hey, you know, if you qualify in the top forty, are you going to play? Because what we don't want to happen. What the point of this is you don't want me. Let's say I'm in the Let's say I'm tenth right and I'm in I'm in the free row, I have my three cashes, I have enough points whatever, but then I just don't show up. Well that then we just we want forty people in the free row. Okay, So if you're not going to show up, fine, just tell us and we'll give the seat to somebody else, Okay, the next person on the leader ward. That's how this is gonna work, because we ultimately want forty people from the leaderboard in the free row. Right, So that's that's how this works. So you have to confirm with the commissioner that you are going to play and opt in. Then you have to have those three cashes and enough points. So so that's that's that all right. So you took Jim Calliby and Sewan Winter, I'm get taking I just thought of someone I forget all. I'm taking John Reared in Good One. Yeah, and I'm taking Chino ring okay, because I think Sheino's gonna be out.
Speaker 2: I mean, what what else is he gonna do?
Speaker 1: Yeah? There are certain people where I'm like tax situation or no attack situation, Like, what the hell is Chino Rham gonna do? What is Jerry Becker gonna do? They're gonna just be playing poker like end of story. So these guys are gonna be in there. Chino's got that that backing or that that foundational support in terms of like motivation to play, because he has an outside shot at winning PGT Player of the Year. He's four hundred and fifty one points behind Sam Soverll, so he could steal it in the eleventh hour. I think last year the person who top leaderboard had more than six hundred points from this series alone, So it's very doable, you know, it's very doable, especially if if what Tim is thinking, if we get a really good attendance at this series and there's gonna be more points up for grabs. So you know, Gino's a performer, you know, so he's gonn to get out there and get it done. All right, sir. Last pick for you.
Speaker 2: I was going to take was being the keyword Andrew Osapachenka, right, because he's one out of the forty. But I don't know, maybe he's maybe he's just there whatever. I'm just gonna go to Borgara. One person I know is.
Speaker 1: I have no knowledge, but he will be there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, but I want to go someone that is basically needs to win for you'd right, I'm going to reach down and take Sam Lasquitz.
Speaker 1: I mean, he'll for sure for you there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think Chenko will be there too, but you know, I have more question marks on him than I would Sam last Qwitz, and Sam Lastwitz needs more points than Asa Pachenka, so he may blast even harder. That's that's just my kind of got feeling on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So okay, So PGT points are the scoring system for this, we'll do another one right before the championship because we have that day off in between, so we'll do another draft. Then we'll just draft for the championship and then we'll call it a year.
Speaker 2: I should well, whatever we do for that, you should get one pick in each of the sections, like the top ten, the next ten, the next time, the next time, and the dream State winness. Okay, I like, otherwise we're just going to take like, you know, the top ten chip counts by.
Speaker 1: Saying of course, of course, I'm also very excited to see how this Player of the Year race shakes out. Again. The gap between Sam Soverll, who's currently leading in Alex Fox and is only fifty five points. I mean, that's like a fourth place finish in one of these events, fifth place finish not maybe not even that, like you know, seventh place, six, I don't know, it's it's basically a decent cash like if you get to the final table. Yeah, So, I mean that's gonna be fun to sweat. And for some reason, you know, for whatever coincidence there may be, like these leaderboard sweats for us have always broke pretty well in terms of giving us max entertainment. You know, remember the Poo series. You had Fox and play in that Bounty tournament getting heads up again, and then Lonus was at the twenty five K final table just folding, like you know, you had that stuff happening. So I think we're gonna get a pretty good sweat here. So I like the chance that China reim, you know, kind of like it'd be hilarious if Gino like won the first event and it's like, oh, here we go.
Speaker 2: It would be hilarious if ms Rahi rocks up and wins the first two vans and.
Speaker 1: That would yeah, that would also be going. And like like we talked about last year, Brandon Wilson won two of the six events. Shannon Shore won two of the six events. You know, so these guys can get hot. I mean, I'm looking at Jeremy Becker's probably gonna win two of the events with the way he's going recently, you know, so he's running pretty hot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right. The most official unofficial poker Awards, Baby, let's go. I mean, listen, I love fun wacky awards. I guess you do. I have one, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight awards listed?
Speaker 2: Have you Yeah, you need to explain this. Do you have nominations or are you? Are you naming who you think the winner is? And then I name.
Speaker 1: Who your winner is for this time.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is gonna be tough. So first award, this is poker in the whole poker atmosphere, not just PGT correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a whole poker atmosphere for the entire twenty twenty five. So the first one. These aren't in any particular order. I'll just read them how I wrote them down. The Main Character award, Okay, this goes to the player who is as far as I'm concerned, box Office. Like when I'm talking about box Office, I mean, when this person was on a stream, people tuned in, people are like I need to watch that. I'm gonna tune in. So who you got for twenty twenty five?
Speaker 2: I mean, I have a I have I kind of have like three answers. I think the obvious answer is honest. I want to say Daniel Agrano, but like, I don't really want to give it to Daniel Mograno. He's barely being on the strings.
Speaker 1: But listen, it's your award, all right.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna fine, Nigana, you're out. I'm gonna give it to Allan Kating. Whether it's on I considered him, yeah, whether it's on our shows, A hustler, he's always gonna play super Agro, he's gonna you're gonna see big pots. It's yeah, he's he's my He's my pick, all right.
Speaker 1: I mean he's a good one. You know, I certainly considered him. He was right there at the kind of the top of my list. But I'm going with Martin Cabrell. And I know that all rising. But I mean I see viewership numbers when this guy gets in a game, I love him or hate him, And there's plenty of people out there who are hate watching Martin Cabra. Well, I mean, he's absolutely tune in, right, and I know some of our listeners out there are going to hate the fact that we or that I'm listening in for this award. But you know, I just again, I see the way that the audience reacts when when Martin Cabrell is out there, so love him or hate him, you know, people are going to They're they're paying to see this movie. They're paying with their time to see the streaming. You know, the antics, the table talk, the casino Royal not like that all that sort of stuff from Martin Cabrell. Right now, another person who's kind of in the same vein Will Cassof. I could not in my right mind put him anywhere near this award. He's not getting it. I personally feel like Martin Cabrell is way more palatable than Will Casoof. Plus Martin's like he's he's really I mean he's he's been a name, right, Martin Cabrell has been a name, right, and he's drawn buzz and eyeballs before, but he picked up a ton of team this summer and he's really like harnessed that that success and tried to do it. Like he's also appeared on a lot of like Hustler Casino Live. He's on Venetian Poker Live. You know, he's out there getting it, getting his h his time in, and he's he's even like in the booth for WS to be Paradise, like just crazy stuff. And he had a lot of success. Like I got to kind of bake that in as well. So main character award, you got Alex Keating, Alan Keating. Excuse me, I have Martin Cabrell all right. The next one, the correct Breakout Player of the Year. And yes, I am petty because I feel like the people who voted on the Global Poker Awards Breakout Player of the Year got this wrong pretty much every single year. So we're gonna list the correct Breakout Player of the Year. Okay, I'm uh, I'm gonna opt out of this, so go ahead. No I haven't, I haven't. I always struggle with this one.
Speaker 2: I got no idea.
Speaker 1: What do you what do you mean you have noice?
Speaker 2: You go?
Speaker 1: I tell you to prepare because I think and a half ago you do it.
Speaker 2: But I'm no, no, I'm saying this category exactly is just one. Like even when the GPI ballot comes out, I'm like, I don't know any of these guys. I don't even think I end up voting because I don't think my vote is worthy. But I mean, actually researching this will take years, But I mean I kind of think it would take a while. But I feel like, right off the top of my head, you have to take I'm propping on a butcher. How you say this blase surge? How do you say it? Blase BLUs plus the blood bluse surge as whatever? You know? He won the two bracelets at the World Series, he won the twenty five UK No Limit, he won the fifteen hundred's the start eight and then he you know, he has some other deep runs and some other things. He's head, I think a runner up in Paradise. To me, that you know, like we no one knew this guy, right, you know he did have obviously have a Hindu man before that that goes just goes way back, but like you couldn't have picked this guy out of a lineup. And then he comes to the World Series, gets a dozen cashers, two bracelets into completely polarizing events. To me, that that was I would say would be a breakout the World Series. And then pulling up his hindon right now, yeah, he went obviously went back to Europe and just collected cash as that every ept stuff there is, even wins and final tables. And then, like I said, that runner up in Paradise. So you know, there's probably someone better out there, but off the top of my head, I feel like he is, you know, a pretty decent candidate for Breakout Player of the Year.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I looked into him, and I believe it's Blagerie Off. I believe and I think That's how we were saying it during the summer on the streams. And the reason why I I ultimately ruled him out as compared to the player that I ended up selecting was because looking at the twenty twenty four for Jerry Off, he has a second place finish in an FPS main event at EPT Paris for almost three n K or over three dr k. He won at that same series a twenty two hundred dollars event for one hundred and fifty K, so it was, you know, he I think he had like seven hundred and fifty K and earnings that that year before, So not that those things would would register him as as like his breakout year, but I just said, I just thought that that year, compared to who I picked their twenty twenty four, his year was a bit better. So it's more of a breakout in my side of things. But I understand totally what you're saying. And the two bracelets I think is awesome, you know, and one of them was in that that twenty five K that was freaking enormous. So yeah, I went with listen, this is this is one of your guys, sir, This is a PGT guy.
Speaker 2: Okay, win lay. Yeah, that's pretty. That's actually yeah, it's a home for us. That's the way think of him.
Speaker 1: Lays twenty twenty three, it's pretty forty three and twenty dollars in earnings, his twenty twenty four sixty eight four and fifty dollars in earnings, his twenty twenty five four million, seven hundred and sixty two thousand dollars in earnings. He also won a bracelet. He won the fifth one of the fifty k's at the at the w SP, the fifty K Nolan Haan Holdham high Roller for almost two point seven million. Right before that, he won the thirty five hundred dollars bet MGM Championship for seven hundred and seventy seven thousand dollars, So he had that, He had a He won that Borgada event. Remember they did that weird thing in Jim like like that sort of thing. He did that, and that was in January, you know, so that was in the year. I mean, this guy absolutely freaking blew up. He won a poker Master's event too later on, and like, I mean, this guy came out of nowhere blew up in a twenty twenty five. So my winner is win Ley. It's a good breakout player of the year. Yeah for twenty twenty five. As far as I'm concerned. The way I do it is listen to the I go to the All Time Sorry, I go to the yearly Money List, clicking on people, and I say, okay, like if I click on this person, have they done anything before this year? Is the answer? Yes or no? Okay? And then I like I start ruling people out, like number one is you know, Jesse Lonis is on the Ultime Money List, but obviously on his name, you see that he's done everything in the past year, so he's already like had his breakout, so he's no longer eligible. So then you just find someone like that and then you kind of weigh him against each other. So you know, that's where I was. But I just felt like so many times you'd get like, I mean, listen and nothing against this guy, but like you get a John Wosnock would be nominated like win and it's like, what are we doing here, Like you know, just because he did that, did it on the biggest stage or like what you know? Like I don't know, So anyway, that's what we got. Win Lay is mine you took Blagieri off, which is a good respectable one for for coming off with it on the fly. All right, Next award, they can't Miss Event of the Year not named the ws B Main Event, because if we did include the ws being event, that's the one we would just always pick what do you got for this one?
Speaker 2: I'm assuming this counts, But can I can I say the WSB Paradise Main Event?
Speaker 1: You can't?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I would say that because I think a few different reasons. There was obviously the crazy increase in guarantee for no reason, so I think people were I'll be honest and say this, I think people were ami sweating it. I think people wanted to say it miss for sure. So I think there was a bit of anyone.
Speaker 1: Anyone who actively picked going to the WPT Win Series or wt World Championship at the win was actively sweating the guarantee.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, So there was the anti sweat of hoping a missus. There was the craziness of you know, Daniel Legrando being for thirteen buy ins and this person being for twelve, et cetera. There was the crazy structure where you can play Day one cash Day two, then entered day one. See, I think that threw people off. And then on the plus side, you know, you got a ten million dollar first prize, you got people taking shots in twenty five k buyings, you got players that have qualified via for ten cents on club GG or GG poker. And then the third cool thing about it was, you know, to be honest, the production is pretty good. You know, you got the two or three feature tables and all that stuff, so kind of all of those things you put them in a melting part kind of makes it, you know, can't miss event of the year. And for me personally, it was one I was you know, I don't watch that much poker outside of our events, but this was one I had on every day. You know, I think you and me were, you know, we're either texting or something, and it was on on one of our screens and we're saying, check out this hand, Oh my god, did you see that kind of thing? So we were both kind of tuned in as well. And you know, I don't normally do that outside of our events outside of the WSP, So I think that to me shows it was kind of a can't miss event personally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, listen, I considered w spiperdis Super Main event. I ultimately couldn't get there as it relates to that event, because I still feel like it's an event that I personally don't really aspire to play. So like I feel like when I say can't miss event of the year, not named the main event, it's an event that, in my opinion, I'm going to go out of my way to try and play, Like whether that's raised money, if it's a little bit of a higher buying, whether that's clear the schedule so I can play. Whatever it is, like, I'm going to try and do it, you know, even with the big money that's up top, the huge guarantee, all that sort of stuff. Like, I don't know, I don't necessarily see myself going to over extend to go to the WSP Paradise Super Main Event. That's not to say it's not an incredible event, and it is, right, but I just feel like I feel like where I am that event is still very hard. So I don't know if I would ultimately go to do it. I mean maybe that that changes in you know, whatever ten months, eleven months or whatever, But where I sit right now, I just me personally wouldn't over extend to go do it, but I think it's certainly worthy of winning this award, So I don't I'm not saying you made a bad pick or anything like that. I went with the WPT Prime Championship at the win. I mean, as far as I'm concerned, that's the second best event of the year, like hands down to play. Yeah, I don't even think it's like I don't even think it's I mean, like I think it's WSP main event. It's the WSP Prime Championship.
Speaker 2: And I'll give you that.
Speaker 1: If I was the WPT or sorry that I think I said WSP Prime Championship the WPT Prime Championship. If I was the WPT, I would be going all in on this event, like I would be trying to push the the guarantee to ten million next year, you know, just just go push my chips in. Like now, I have no idea what they're gonna do. It doesn't seem like they're going to push their chips in or push more chips in to bet on the WPT World Championship itself, you know, because that's now been two years running without the guarantee. The numbers took a fairly meaningful dive this year. Even though it's still got more than eighteen hundred players, it's still a very good tournament to all that sort of stuff. Yes, but it just doesn't seem like that's like the focal point, and it does seem like this Prime Championship is a focal point, so I would continue to push in there. It's also a nice break in terms of like you have WSP Paradise doing their thing with the Super Event and then you're on the complete other side of things going with the eleven hundred dollars buy in Prime Championship, and like, to me, this is like this is like the mid major, mid Steaks slash low stakes tournament of the year by far. Like I think it's awesome, And in terms of like can't miss it, Like I'm blocking out my schedule, I'm planning for max Bullets like all that sort of stuff. So to me, that's the one that that I'm I'm not missing, And I think it's I think it's an incredible event. I really do, so, Yeah, I think it's I had a good feeling that, you know, if it wasn't both of us picking the Prime Championship, we were probably gonna be like you were probably gonna pick the Superman event and I would pick this. So yeah, we got this one right as well, of course, because it is our awards at the end of the day. The next one, the yeah Butt Award. This is for the player whose year came with an asterisk that everyone's going to bring up so when they say like, hey, remember so and so in twenty twenty five and then someone was like yeah, but blah blah blah, so we mentioned the player, but we're always gonna say yeah, but with it and you can kind of take that and and you know, put it into whatever meaning you want when you give out this award.
Speaker 2: This is easy, okay. Benny Glaza, oh three bracelets? What what an insane year at the w s P. And then the year but is did he yeah, but did he win Player of the Year?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I mean yeah, that's interest. I didn't even think of Benny.
Speaker 2: This this is obviously yeah.
Speaker 1: But remember when he got slow rolled.
Speaker 2: I'm not even bringing that one up, but that that one might come up in uh yeah a little bit later. But you think about, uh Scott save his year of the year before three bracelets, We've seen people wind Player of the Year with a very with a set of results less superior to what Benny did. Unfortunately, the yeah, but he ran into the guy that wins the two biggest events of the World Series and along with the before min cash as everywhere else to kind of outthrow him. But yeah, Benny Glassar, I think is the year but the easy year butt for me.
Speaker 1: So the first person that came to mind for me was Renlnn obviously the ghosting whatever you know whatever thing. But then I was like looking up his year and I was like, he didn't do too much where I would like he would be necessarily brought up right. And then I went with somebody who I already picked. I'm giving him, give him the award again, Martin Cabrell because he had a great year. And then everyone's gonna be like, yeah, but he's horrible to watch on TV, or yeah, but I can't stand that guy, or yeah but this, yeah but that right, like with with Martin Cabrell. So you know Cabrell had would he win one or two bracelets this year? I think two because he won one in Europe.
Speaker 2: I believe he won the tan k Plo and mister Boundie in Europe, and then he won the the Mini Maine Mini Maine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he gus. I think he had a deep run in the main event too. He hit a bunch of deep runs in the summer. Well.
Speaker 2: He final table with the tan k super Zoba Boundy like two days before the Mini Maine and and final table the two fifty K and final table with the five k PLO.
Speaker 1: So yeah, he had the running for Player of the Year. Like you know, obviously people were tuning in to watch him, whether they were watching him because they liked his antics, whether they were watching him because they hate watching whatever. But anytime you bring this this guy up and the year that he had, it's gonna be hit with a yeah butt. Yeah but I can't stand that guy. Yeah, but he's he should be penalized, like yeah, but like whatever it is, it's there's always gonna be a yeah butt with him. So so he's my my yeah butt award there. Next up the Iron Chair Award. This is going to the player who simply would not leave, doesn't matter what's going on. This player was in the field and he was battling.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, as I read this, awarded to the player who simply would have would not leave. I only thought of one name, which is very different to how you just said it, which was okay, always battling because my guy was just kind of obviously William Kassouf.
Speaker 1: Uh would not leave. Everyone's best efforts, would not leave.
Speaker 2: He would not leave. He's you know. We had Bob Smith come over and give him a penalty.
Speaker 1: He would not leave.
Speaker 2: And then he busted and did a thirty minute bust out interview. Did all the media is.
Speaker 1: That that watched the stream that they that Natalie body God bless her heart for sticking with his question one question thirty away and they left the camera like on him. Natalie kept holding the microphone like the interview was still happening while they showed play and then they went back. It was the same thing. Yeah, that was actually what happened, like behind the scenes, that's what happened.
Speaker 2: And then after that, after the Natalie interview, he gave more interviews to the other media and then finally he was ushered out and I think he was banned for the rest of the world series. I think that was the band he was given. I don't think anything more than that. But still like talking about someone they wanted to leave. It's him, but like, if we're talking about it, wouldn't leave. Is in more of a tournament aspect then obviously becausof doesn't apply. But I'll let you. I'll let you take that one.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, my my winner is who I wanted to name the award after, but I didn't want to give it away, And it's Jeremy Becker. I mean, come on, the guy is literally there in every single tournament.
Speaker 2: He's a bit of a ground.
Speaker 1: Wanted me to look up some players on Hendon Mob, you know, because I'm thinking of like, like, if there's a tournament, Jeremy Becker's there, He's in there until they literally tell him he can't play, Like he's max bullets. It doesn't matter if it's a two hundred dollar buying or a five K buying, It doesn't matter until registration closes, and then he has to bust and actually leave and go somewhere else. And then in that case, it's usually like, oh, can I make it to this next venue to play the next tournament? Like that's just how it operates. But because of that, you know, I was looking it up. He had eighty two cashes on the year In twenty twenty five, Pedro Palasio one hundred and fifty six cashes. I mean, this guy is this guy's is Florida's version of Jeremy Becker. I mean every tournament is just a two hundred dollar, one hundred and fifty dollars tournament at Seminal Coconut Creek, just NonStop, eighty dollars tournament, one hundred dollars tournament. You know, just this whole thing is just wild. Last year he had like one hundred and fifty k in earnings and I'm not sure he played a tournament with a higher buy in the three hundred dollars. It's just non stop in this Oh there's there's a four and dollars one at the WPT at Seminal hard Rock, but a six hundred dollar one as well. I mean this is just Pedro Palasio shout out to you, sir, Coconut Creek, Florida, just absolutely out there grinding, crushing this other guy too, well, not this guy, this guy who the guy in second place? We had one hundred and thirty year. Yeah, he's all in. Where's he at?
Speaker 2: Like Taiwan?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Taipei City is where he's playing at cash and everything. But he's got like, well, I don't know what these conversions are. Yeah, they're they're smaller, so the same sort of thing. But then the guy in third place, Conrad co Conrad Cou, It's just it's just south Point, south Point south He's a legend. This is south Point NonStop. This is all south Point. We look this guy up. It's literally the whole thig is south Point. If I know this guy's I mean south Point. SHO just signed this guy to a deal. It's just outrageous whole thing. South Point Nightly, south Point Nightly, south Point Nightly, south Point. It's just not every once in a while you'll get like the Orleans pops in there or whatever. But yeah, this is wild. So anyway, shout out to the grinders out there, you know, shout out to the grinders out there.
Speaker 2: But you go down to this guy, Michael Myles. Everything is at Tunica, same thing, like.
Speaker 1: Just grinding the dailies in their respective areas, I mean, good, shout out to them. It's freaking awesome, all right. Next award h most likely to run it back. That's the player most likely to repeat their success for another year. We're talking about consistency here. It's the most It's the person that you would you would most bank to have a similar year to the next year. You know, So if you gave me, like basically one name that I could bet on, being like, hey, will they achieve the same sort of success of another elite year, you know, this is the person that I would be better on. So who you got?
Speaker 2: It does make it hotter when you can sit up the old the tax implications for the Americans. But I feel like, to me, we kind of if you were to talk about twenty twenty five proka, you might even mentioned this guy, but he somehow compiled twelve point six million dollars in earnings this year, and that's Stephen Shildwick. So twelve point six phenomenal, second highest every year he's had. He had a thirteen million year back in twenty nineteen. I'm going to rule out twenty twenty and twenty twenty one because you know that old you know that old virus thing imagig. But basically last year at eight point eight, twenty twenty three, nine point eight, twenty twenty two, seven million, twenty nineteen, thirteen point five, twenty eighteen, ten, My point is, obviously twelve's a lot more than what you would say he's averages over the last few years. But he is going to continue to travel and play all the trents, play all the big stuff here. I don't think his playing volume change. So it's definitely very likely that he can replicate the amount of winnings. You know, he's had this year, and he hasn't really won a lot tournament wise compared to you know, some of these other names you name, but you know, he won a super higher roller here at napt he won to try an event, a couple close calls at the World Series, but no like super marquee wins. So I think he has still a little bit of room to convert a lot of these you know, final Like you look at his results of trying. You know, we got a seventh and eighth, the sixth, the sixth at that stuff. You know, we had that one win, but we had eight first, second, eighth, you know, Paradise, he had a fifth, like his World Series second second or one of those seconds was the Ariahrola, but second he's like right there this year, sorry, last year without getting that big marquee win. So even though he cashed for you know, twelve million plus, which is a lot compared to the last few years. The fact that he kind of fell short in the big moment shows that I think there is still some room for him to, with that doubt, replicate his results, especially with him, you know, not being a tax paying American.
Speaker 1: I'm going with Alex Fox and I mean, this guy round the taxes. He's just got what the heck is Alex Fox is gonna do with his life.
Speaker 2: Come on, he's gonna go play in the UFO.
Speaker 1: Okay, Mike, right now, whatever, I don't care. Eleven point six million in twenty twenty four, eleven point twenty six million in twenty twenty five. I mean, this guy's just he's an eight figure printing machine, is what he is. He's gonna Like, if I'm going to bank on somebody to repeat an eight figure year get over ten million, it's Alex Fox to me. I mean, that guy's just gonna be out there, is going to be doing it. So I am banking on Alex foxen for my most likely to run it back. Tim has got to.
Speaker 2: Be fun to bet on the opposite like who had a big year and who's going to be nowhere near it obviously the first Michael, Yeah, he's the first pick, but like, it'd be interesting to actually do that one too, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean yeah. I didn't want to make it too negative in the awards, but it did cross my mind. Next year, all right, the next one. I'm calling this one the Connor Yackey, okay, And it's a blend between Connor Drynen and Bryce Yacky because those two hands are legendary. Connor when he had the aces versus carry Katz's aces and the big one for one drop the million dollar buying and he lost, They got the money and pre Floppy lost. Bryce Yackey we all know from the fifty k PPC against josh Aria took that horrendous beat in what Douce seven triple draw. So this is the Connor Yacky. It is the most memorable beat of the year. I'll let you go fests I have now this one's I might get a little pushback here, but I'm going with it, okay. Jared Blesnik Romayne Lequay aces versus nines in a the six bet pot in the WSP main event when look flop the nine. The thing is is like the money didn't get into the turn and Laquay had freaking quakes like, but still, this was a beat. The way that this hand played out, there is no way that Loque should ever have bucking nines here, yet he did in an absolutely wild hand left Jared Blesnick freaking stunned. Like it just just crazy shit in this one. So it was aces versus nines. I believe it was maybe button or cut off for Blessnick and big blind for Luquay. It was raised, re raised, re rais, reraise, reraised, call nine five three or nine five six or something on the flop they ended up getting the money on the turn when it's another nine. So yeah, to me, that that was that was the most memorable beat of the year. Plus with the way Jared acted afterwards where he was like walking around like just totally stunned. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean this could be recency biased, but there's two that kind of stand out to me. One was more a series of hands you already touched on it. The Jason Kuhn Jars heads up match all those beats that Kuhn took before busting. It's not really one hand, so but still I think the moment becoming a super high rolla bowl, you know, champion. There's a bit more gravity task to that win outside of just the one point one million dollars. First, I know it's not really a bad beat, but how do we not put the the Benny Glasa Eric wasses in hand.
Speaker 1: I know, it's not like, I mean, that is a beat. It's a beat.
Speaker 2: It's not a bad beat.
Speaker 1: It's just like, yeah, but I put the most memorable beat of the year.
Speaker 2: That's I mean, you're throwing the steaks the stage. I mean, it was disgusting. I don't know how he can.
Speaker 1: I I Eric Wasterson. I am kind of for a good slow roll at certain times, you know, like kind of like a home game with your buddies, a live stream cash game, that sort of stuff. Yeah, this to me crossed the line. Its like, not not like he's he's necessarily breaking any rules, but in terms of like crossing the line as when when are you considered like the ultimate dick? This is this? Was it like this he went over the line. From all accounts from the people that I've talked to, it was with purpose. Okay, like they had some beef going back whatever, Okay, I get it. But like I mean, come on, I mean come on, like this was ouch. I mean, I you know, come on. So yeah, that was that was something and if you watched. He later appeared on Venetian Poker Live and they started talking about it, and he said God slow rolled him like basically that like because of the past stuff that they might have had, which I thinks them back to the summer, that it was like the poker gods giving it back to him, giving it back to Benny Glauser. So therefore God slow rolled him like oh, I mean okay, like I mean, this was this was absurd. Like I I felt so bad when I watched that happen. Yeah, I mean, how could you not feel so bad? I was like holy shit, I mean like really on that stage in that moment, like okay, you want to do it like level two, I mean okay, like I get it. I would probably say that it would probably not have been that bad, like if it was a stone bubble and you did it to him, because you know, yeah, I understand, like it's a stone bubble. It hurts, and it's like a difference of you know, zero or fifty K or maybe seventy five K if you had the bonuses or whatever, like I get it, but like this was the final table bubble or whatever. That was holy shit, man, like what good? God? Like, Yeah, it's like if somebody told if you were to tell me that you were gonna if you were planning to do this, I'd be like, that's fucking hilarious. Don't you dare fucking do that. You know, it's one of those things.
Speaker 2: I love a good slow roll. I will do it all the time when I can, when I'm playing low Stags cash for the Friends.
Speaker 1: This is.
Speaker 2: Just an insane spot to do it. And then let's also not forget that for for Benny, there's also another hundred k for just making that final table with the with the w SP parla. So you are slow rolled. He you know, missed the next page jump and you miss out on one hundred K bonus. It's just a whole world of you know, hell, but hey, but yeah and but yeah, but he won three bracelets at the World Series Vegas. He's fine.
Speaker 1: If Benny punched him after that happened, I would have been like, yeah, that was deserved. What he would never I know he would never. But like if there was a time when like you'd be like, yeah, that guy deserved to get punched for what he did. I'd probably be like, yeah, that one's that one qualifies.
Speaker 2: It definitely qualifies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like if he punched him, like, what are you gonna do? Like you're like listen, yeah, that yeah, Okay, that was the most dickkest thing you could do. I mean, good God, like, man, that was something. All right. Last award here the Face of the Year award. So this award goes to the player who defined the year, in this case twenty twenty five, so looking ahead, you know, five, ten, fifteen, twenty five years down the road. You know, we often do this all the time, like, hey, remember when this happened in that year? So what is who is the face of the Year for twenty twenty five?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it's obviously Michael Mrochi. I'm trying to think if as a if it's a second person, I could call it.
Speaker 1: Like the Grinder, Miss Rocky, like sorry, yeah, but to Benny Glasser for the for the three racelets and not winning Player of the Year and all that sort of stuff. But I mean it's Michael the grind. Name is Rocky's year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying to I'm trying to think of the top of my head if I think of someone else.
Speaker 1: No, there is there's It's not like, who else are you gonna think of?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm going down the rabbit hall of content creatives and looking. I'm looking so far outside of the box if I can.
Speaker 1: I mean, Martin Cabrell kind of comes to mind, just because like everyone will remember remember that, like that year when he was so crazy, but he's also had another year like that where he's also been kind of crazy. You know, it wasn't as long and has drawn out. It was more center ground, like one specific event. But still, you know, I would say, by far, Michael, the grind name is.
Speaker 2: Rocky, Okay, Let's okay, sew let's I think everyone's not going to argue with that. Let's just like, let's just add a little spice to the award Club WPT gold. And what I'm saying with that is is specific quickly everything kind of went on at the WSP. You know, we're talking about the the big gold checks for a million dollars, the whole if you get if anyone ever remembers the millionaire make a controversy between James Carroll and Jesse Aga Numa with the very weird, unlucky heads up match for one of them. You know, you could say, hey, this was that was a pretty big defining moment that's kind of carried through the year. And when I say carried through, we see a lot of you know, if you're in the in the X streets, the Twitter streets, you see a lot of you know, we'd still say a little beef between both sides. It's fantastic, to be honest, sitting.
Speaker 1: On the sideline, he has more one sided. Yes, I feel like I'm constantly seeing the WPT side club constantly taking shots of Now. I don't know if that's because behind closed doors, WSP is actively saying let's not do this, or if if they're just not doing it, because I don't know, they don't have Like I know that WPT basically has a social media team. I don't think the WSP does, you know, like they kind of put stuff together for their put stuff together for their events, but it's also like not with this goal. It's with the goal of like covering their events and getting that sort of content out there.
Speaker 2: So I think a lot of people also are standing up and kind of speaking for w too. So it might not be coming directly from you know, the accounts, but.
Speaker 1: It would be so easy if you were w s AP to just dump on the WPT side. And so, I mean, I guess kudos to them for being the bigger person in this fight and not getting into this war in the mud. But yeah, like because you could, you could easily just take shots right back and basically bury exactly. So I don't I don't really unders stand the whole fight from the from like club WPD and WPT side. I mean, I don't. I don't know. Maybe the numbers on the back end bear out differently, but I don't know. I don't see how taking that sort of strategy then translates to conversions for your website.
Speaker 2: I think it's just getting the attention. You're getting the clicks and maybe at the end of the day, obviously we can't speak for them, but that's maybe what they want.
Speaker 1: That intent, that attention, and those clicks need to convert, like that's the.
Speaker 2: Thing converts to trafficing eyeballs.
Speaker 1: Doesn't really Okay, that's that's what I want. Yeah, I mean, yeah, I personally just don't see it like you know, but then on the other side, you know, you know what I do see, I see they hit a freaking seventy million dollar price pool. I see they got ten million dollars in first place, where your event in the same month dropped by a lot.
Speaker 2: You know, I see that we could pick a pot, that we could pick a pot the seventy million dollar price but if we really wanted to.
Speaker 1: Okay, but on the surface, that event one December, Yeah, and the event if you were to pick a winner from if you were to pick a winner from each series, so a winner from the WSP Paradise Series and a winner from the wt World Championship Series. For the WSP, it's the super main event, okay. For the WPT, it's the Prime Championship, which is not the crowning event of that series and that tour and that brand, right, which is that's like interesting to me? Yeah, I mean that Prime Championship again, it's it's the second best event to play in the world. I highly encourage everyone to play it. It's easier to play than the main event because it's one tenth to buy in. That event is freaking sick. It's awesome, Okay, But like that's the best event, in my opinion, out of that series. When shouldn't it be the WPT World Championship.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, but.
Speaker 1: This is what I'm getting.
Speaker 2: I get I get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know. Yeah. Anyway, let's move on year end host recap, sir, let's go, oh god, I saw you posted some stuff on social media.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I kind of looked at it quickly. I tried to come up with some joke, take a shot at you, bring it on, similar to like Club WPT, but I couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: I'm open to all jugs.
Speaker 1: So here, I am here, we are. You go first, you give me your your your results for the year and.
Speaker 2: The results first.
Speaker 1: Okay, results, we're gonna okay, yeah, talk about your results and then talk.
Speaker 2: About it without god, we should do adohol review.
Speaker 1: Your results and then if you achieved your goals from last year, and we'll get into the goals for next year.
Speaker 2: All right. Surprisingly played more tournaments than you. I did not think that was going to happen. But thirty four entries, thirty one k buyings, average buying nine hundred bucks, had nine cashes more entries.
Speaker 1: Buddy, When somebody is stuck in the WSM man event for eighteen days.
Speaker 2: I didn't play anything off. I busted the WSLP main event nine cashes a cash A forty one K, so I made ninety two hundred bucks in profit. I play some cash games. You don't play twenty sessions. That's pretty much nothing. One one thousand dollars did you play? Maybe like when we're in Texas, I'll play like the mixed games with the dealers, or when like Rubbis Shazinski has his mixgame festival and normally come make an appearance or two. Outside of that, really nothing. My cash games are nearly purely or mixed, and it's just more for fun and so we're playing small stakes. So yeah, I'm not at all focused on any cash games anymore. So overall one basically ten point three K. I don't really track my online results like you do. I did win five hundred bucks on Club WPT, dumped about eight hundred dollars on WSP chasing those one hundred and sixty dollars main event flips. Anyone goes looks at my shark shark scope, you'll see a massive decline from those because my average buying is like eight dollars on WSP so they were my results. I played probably more than I thought, mainly because I started the year. I ended twenty twenty four decently and I kind of started the year pretty good. And then obviously the main event cash was kind of gave me that freedom to play a little bit more than I thought. As for my twenty twenty five goals, I had, What did I have? I had?
Speaker 1: I had?
Speaker 2: My note was they could all be achieved in one event, all right. It was surpass my old my first ever buss Heath chick in lifetime tournament earnings, I only trailed by seventy bucks. Knocked off that pretty quick play the WSP main event tick that box cash in a WSP and main event. I had a twenty three event cold streak that didn't include online or dailies or media free rolls, any of that rubbish, but pure bracelet of Vents Live did that when I catched the mate and I cashed for five digits. Obviously, when you catch the may and that's you know, five digits cash a five digits in the calendar. Last time I did that was twenty thirteen. Took obviously quite a few years off when I was working and stuff, But yeah, so I achieved all my goals. I was pretty kind of happy, you know, happy about.
Speaker 1: That, all right. I got thirty three entries live, three hundred and fifty four entries online total buyans live forty four hundred and twenty dollars fourteen hundred and sixty seven dollars. Average buy in had seven cashes. I cashed for a total of just over seventy six k, so I was up twenty seven seven hundred dollars live and then online, where I had the three hundred and fifty four entries, total buyans were just over twenty four thousand, sixty eight dollars. Average buy in fifty nine cashes, which is only sixteen points sixty seven percent. That's pretty shitty. Total cashes there sixteen four hundred so negative on the online tournament front negative seven six d and twenty So overall, I finished up twenty thousand and eighty two dollars decent year. I mean, I'm happy with it. So yeah, my goals were to just fix shit and continue to improve my game, fix things to get better. I definitely achieved that. I got a lot better. I fixed a lot of stuff. I studied harder than I ever had in that same vein, I had a lot of things I still need to work on, and I've still cost myself in some big spots, most recently in the WPT Prime Championship when I fucked it up royally at the end, so I need to improve that. I also said that I wanted to win a trophy MTT, so like a ring of bracelet, you know whatever, a Venetian Lion, the wind trophy, et cetera. Didn't do that new career best live score. I did achieve that WSTWE Main Events five figure MTT score and a buy and of fifteen hundred dollars or less. I didn't do that. I would have done it had I not fucked up the Prime Championship, but I fucked up the Prime Championship, so I didn't do that. And then something I realized before we get into our goals for next year, but you know, these are kind of are kind of all results oriented goals other than the first one, which is to fix stuff, and I don't really like that process. So I'm taking a bit of a different approach to my goals going forward. And I guess we'll talk about that next. You can go first and give me your goals for your poker goals for twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm like, yo, it's mine at all results. Yeah, I knocked off Heath Chick Lasia. I'm going for someone new, a new target, putting him on the back podcast listen Paul Berman. I trial him by eleven K. He doesn't play much, but he comes to the Wood Series. He plays a lot in the series, so I need to really get him by World Series. So surpassed Paul Berman in lifetime tournament earnings. I really want a final table, a multi flight event close as I've had. I finished thirteenth in a Venetian three hundred months a stack, so yeah, I really just want to hit try and get to that final table. Now, this guy is probably a little bit more tougher with kind of you know, I probably can achieve it if I do the other one. But I basically want to profit more than thirte four hundred and fifty dollars in one event. The reason that number is because back in twenty eleven, I finished second in a fifty dollars accumulator for thirteen thousand, five hundred. Now I remember this event pretty specifically. Actually did a heads up deal with my friend. We chopped the money evenly played for the trophy. I kind of remember what the number is doesn't really matter, But on the handed mob, I just want to profit for more than thirteen four point fifty. And then a kind of a non poker playing goal is just I have some poker side projects we're working on. I just want to put some energy of that make sure we I can kind of like kick them off in a good spot. But yeah, slightly different goals to last year. I would say that the profit one is probably you know, I might miss that one. Hopefully the other two I can kind of tick off the other three. Actually, I'm kinda say I don't really have big plans to change my kind of volume. I just kind of I think both of us are very very limited to our time, and we kind of have to play according to what our work schedule brings, so you know, that's always going to dictate what we can play. Like, you know, we have events on the PGT coming up in January that overlaps pretty decent events here in Vegas, so that's kind of a bummer that will miss those, But hey, you know, works more important than poker until we you know, win a couple million dollars.
Speaker 1: I guess that's right. So my my approach this year is going to be process oriented goals over results oriented goals. Started I don't know, I don't know even know how I dove into it. I think I found something on social media or something came into my algorithm about how there's been these studies on if you set your goals based on the process versus the results, they ultimately come out better, which makes a lot of sense. So I just put together a bunch of process goals and then hopefully as a result of those processes, if I hit those goals, then then it will lead to results. First, one study on my own for four hundred hours, at least four hundred hours, So I mean, I probably won't study every single day just because I need a break here and there. But if I were to study every single day this three hundred and sixty five days in the year, it's a little bit over an hour each day, you know, But we'll see how things go. Like yesterday, I studied for three and a half hours, you know, and and hopefully I just stack those and continue to improve on that. If I do study for four hundred hours this year, will be the most I've ever studied by a long shot. So you know, hopefully that leads to two bigger things. I don't just want to include individual study into my goals. I do want to start working with the poker coach for at least fifty hours over the course of the year. So maybe that's once a week for an hour, you know, whatever it may be.
Speaker 2: But you have someone in mind, or that's just like I just want to get a coach eventually.
Speaker 1: No, I mean I work with someone already. I work with Tristan Wade. You know, he he's a good friend of mine, so it helps that he's been a poker coach for a while. I mean I like that, you know, like I don't necessarily think it's you should just go out there and like try and get the coach that has the best results, because not all those people can ultimately coach. Well. I mean, I like the way that Tristan coaches and talks to me, And I mean we have a good relationship anyway, We're good friends. We've been friends for a while. But you know, he'll just fucking tell me I'm an idiot, like, which is good because you need to hear that and he's he's coached for a while, so he has like those systems in place, so you know that that's what I'm using right now. Maybe that changes, maybe it doesn't, whatever, it doesn't matter, but either way, I think it's just good to and maybe it's not a poker coach. Maybe you just set aside time, you know, for those listening out there to talk with friends about stuff, because it's just good to hear an outside perspective on your play and stuff and just not be like, yeah, like I'm doing this, this is what my study says, but like, what am I missing, what's not working whatever. It's always good to get a second set of eyeballs on things to possibly improve. Drill fifty thousand hands on gto Wizard, which is a good amount, you know, I would like to do that. So it I mean, in a lot of ways, it's basically like playing poker, but you're just not putting up any sort of money and you get that real time feedback. You get to study the spots after, so you know that will I mean, that's going to kind of be rolled into where I say, the study on my own for four hundred hours. Part of that's going to be just drilling hands and studying those hands. But I still want to be able to put in that volume of hands on gto Wizard and listen, you can you don't have to use eto Wizard. You can use whatever you want. But that's what I do. And then I got to get out there and play, because you know, the best way to get better is to get out there and actually experience it. Put yourself in that arena, try the stuff that you're learning, try new things, all that sort of stuff. So play fifty live MTTs, which is kind of just play fifty live MTT entries, I think, because each entry is like a new tournament basically, and then play five hundred online MTT entries. I played thirty three live and three hundred and fifty four entries online last year. So I need to uptick that my online play will be very predominantly just on Sundays. Put in a high volume online on Sundays, and then I'll dabble in various stuff around town here in the other stuff. So yeah, we'll see how I go. And then hopefully, if I can do all this stuff, it leads to good results and it leads to me winning a fucking trophy and having the best year I've had and blah blah blah, all that sort of stuff that comes with it. So yeah, and even if it doesn't, I mean, maybe everything all the time and effort that I put in studying this year and all this work pays dividends in twenty twenty seven. I don't know, you know. So I just got to put in the work and I got to continue to put in the work. So and I do think it's fun to put in the work. I enjoy it. So yeah, just gonna try try my best see what happens, hopefully not fuck it up like.
Speaker 2: I didn't that was just.
Speaker 1: Gonna eat me for like literally a year, probably, So what are you gonna do? Last thing? Here? As we are now what an hour and thirty seven minutes on this podcast, So shout out to everyone who's listening. Producer rich Ryan's probably gonna shoot me. But I got a list. I got a list of things that I want to see happen in twenty twenty six in poker. There was no particular order to my list. It's just stuff I've kind of been writing down in a in the notepad on my phone that I would like to see happen. So if you're out there listening and you have any sort of influence on making these things happen, I think you should try and do that because selfishly, I think they're the best ideas, and Tim, you can just tell me if they're good or bad. Okay, okay, you have no idea what's coming? By the way, Nope, the listeners out there, first thing, bet'am Jim Poker, Can you guys get your ass in Nevada for like, well, let's go. You know, you know, I know we obviously have friends at at MGM at Aria and they've you know, they're saying that it's coming, and we've heard that it's coming. You know, we heard that it was coming at the end of twenty twenty five. You know, it didn't come by the end of twenty twenty five. Is it going to come by the end of twenty twenty six? Like? Can we make this happen? Especially now with all the interstate pooling that is available? You know, part of it is it seems like the BETEMGM poker online product is pretty awesome from everything that you see out there. They have a lot of qualifiers into the events. You know, that's happening at Borgata, that's happening in Maryland. Even they qualify a lot of people from you know, New Jersey and wherever into stuff here in Vegas. So having that sort of access to online qualifiers being here in Nevada, I think would be great. Also, I just I want the competition aspect of things. You know, WSP dot com is good, but can we get another person in there to have that competition to give us more options? Right? Like? I just you know, I want Betam Jim Poker to come to Nevada. So let's go. If you guys are listening, can we just make it happen. Number two again, no particular order here. Dinner breaks they got to go in ninety eight percent of tournaments. They just absolutely have have have to go. See you later. Get rid of these freaking dinner breeks. Okay, if the tournament, if the tournament doesn't have a buy in that is greater than three thousand dollars, you should be disqualified from having dinner breaks. I don't care. Get rid of them.
Speaker 2: I agree with that. I think there's some you know, some one thousand buy ins of fifteen hundred buyings that kind of dinner breaks.
Speaker 1: No stop, I said, some you don't need it, especially in the places where you can order food to the table, people can bring their own food. All that's just stop with the dinner breaks. We don't need dinner breaks. We don't home earlier. Yeah, like get out of here, okay. And kind of in line with that in terms of like I don't know, altering structures or whatever. Best star time is eleven am. That's what I think. I think the best start time is eleven am. I know some people out there said ten am. I know, I think Bay one on one does nine am. I I think that shit's a little bit too early. I like, I mean, selfishly speaking, I like a couple hours in the morning to be able to take care of some work stuff, get the kids to school, et cetera, like do that sort of stuff, and then go play. But I also think that like starting at noon, starting at one play until midnight or later is ridiculous as well. So I like eleven am. I think it's a good compromise for everyone. It's not that early. You know, you can still stroll in at twelve or one if you want to come a little bit late. So I think eleven am should kind of be across the board. Also sticking in line with the structure sheet sort of stuff here, the close of registration in a poker tournament should be a posted time, not end of level X or beginning of level X, and it should be posted on the structure sheet. Okay, So for the organizers out there, yourself included, mister commissioner, figure out Okay, we're going to close it at the end of level six, right, figure out what time that is. If everything runs on time, add ten minutes and put it on the structure sheet.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can't add ten minutes. Yeah, add time because the problem with that is we already had issues that if everything runs on time and it's a slide a level nine, well now is you ten minutes into level nine? No, that's why you put That's why you put the level, because the level is a fixated.
Speaker 1: That last break. You add that time no matter what you make it so it lines up with whatever time you put it on the structure. So if you say, listen, registration closes at five pm, then if you go on, if you go on a schedule twenty minute break at four thirty, well that you make that break thirty minutes Okay.
Speaker 2: I get what you're saying. That's yeah. I think that's fine.
Speaker 1: Just so that people can look at a structure sheet and they can say, okay, registration closes at five o'clock, registaing curs at five forty five, whatever it is. You can set a time or on your phone. Okay, I need to leave my house at five twenty five to get there, to get there for this time?
Speaker 2: Like it suttinly do we actually do do? Though? Except for that one structure sheet you pointed out that I didn't put it on, which is super i rollable.
Speaker 1: It should just be a time. Just put a freaking time.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: It's just people need to do all the math. I just need to stop asking you, Hey, what time does registration close? End of level nine? What freaking time is that? Okay? Did we start on time today? Did we not start on time today? Like? Can we just put a time? Please? Okay, put a time and then it can go in all the structure sheets. It can be out there. Everyone just knows. Okay. Another thing, I think that Venues should move to an eight handed format for big tournament series. Now. I understand that not everyone can do that. Not everyone is willing to do that, et cetera. But what I will say is that whoever does this first, I believe is going to win, like in terms of like getting bigger fields, being a better place to play, all that sort of stuff, getting the love from the playing community, like if the if the win or the Venetian here in Vegas for their series, or to be like, listen, it's eight handed from the start. And I understand when you do stuff like the large fields, you know you have to account for more tables, space, dealers, whatever. You know, you can solve that issue. Okay, open some more ballroom space, some more tables, get some more dealers, add an extra starting flight, whatever the heck it is. Figure it out. But the venue that I think makes it more comfortable for players to play at a table, I think is going to win. And I will also say that people might give me, Okay, I need to open more tables, that's more dealer money whatever. Okay, eight handed goes faster, I think players will then buy in more and you'll make it up at least somewhat in rate. So I think it's fine. So I think the first I think the first venue that does that is going to win. And like be be ahead of everyone else. You know, it's gonna be one of those things where like, yeah, but over here they play eight handed from the start, and that's gonna be like something that everyone talks about. Like, so that's a change that if if I was an operator, if I was a venue, I would be trying to implement. Okay, another one. Table breaking should be one hundred percent random at all times, all times. And you know what that would do all these people who look at the tournament clock and say, okay, breaking order twenty one, blah blah blah whatever, and then your asses start Yeah we're not on a video for this podcast, but Tim pointing at himself. Your asses starts stalling.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know.
Speaker 1: Or you see all the tables breaking in the road, you're like, oh, we're next. You start stalling so you don't have to pay a blind Yeah, screw you. Okay, every single tournament table break is random. End of story. I don't care if there's ten thousand people in the field. I don't care if there's ten people in the field.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll happen. Okayny Logistics and Deala pushes like what is he now? The dealer is just out like there's all those kind of like dilemmas that figuring it out okay, throws the dealer breaks out like it's a mess.
Speaker 1: You figure it, like, just figure it out. It's just ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I would say that would be a like a good rule once in the money.
Speaker 1: Just make it random from the start, Okay, Like I'm done with the stalling crap.
Speaker 2: But hypothetically you're doing the one K prime WPT. You got tables on the poker room and tables in the thing. He's gonna break randomly in both break from one room to the other, and then from there you break sections.
Speaker 1: Okay. I also think that this is another pet peeve of mine. But when these these places that that now that these tournaments are so big. You see it at the wind you see it at the WSP in the summer, when they like break from a room to a room like that, that is just that is entirely not needed, Like just play even if it's the same flight, Just play it in that room down Like why do you need to move from a ballroom four hundred yards away walk eight minutes with chips in an actual ziploc bag to another tournament? Like I don't understand.
Speaker 2: That's where I think WSP does it best where they do the staggered clock, and then.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, that's what I would say. They they have a better option to play it in both rooms because both rooms are so big. Like at the WIN you have those secondary rooms that are a bit smaller, so it might get a little weird. But the WSP you have those two insanely big rooms or three insanely big rooms. Right, you could just play within the rooms like you don't need to play like on all these other sides you mentioned breaks. Another thing, if if alive and I saw this at the Win a couple of times it happened. If a live series ever has synchronized breaks that line up with one another, you should be fined. Like it should just not be allowed online. Everything needs to be synchronized fifty five minutes at the hour boom live never synchronized, always staggered always. There's only so much bathroom space, so much hallway space, all this sort of stuff, like we should never ever ever have multiple tournaments going on break at the same time. You should just not. And if it's if it just so happens that like things end up getting moved, they start late one, they're gonna line up, say hey, guys, by the way, we're gonna play ten minutes into the next level and then we're gonna send you on break so we avoid the other shit. Like, just just make those changes. Okay, that needs to happen, all right, What else I got here? I got one more? Tournament clocks need to be paused or time needs to be given back during TV and stream all in moments that take up extra time, because that is ridiculous. And this is another argument why final table levels should be hands per level, not time per level. Buddy, some hands take an extra minute and a half to two.
Speaker 2: Minutes when you do the you when this it all in?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're waiting. I mean, listen, we work on the production side. We get it. You want to build the drama. I totally understand. Like I mean, listen, I like to build the drama aspect. But I think it would be pretty easy to just press pause and then press start, right, you know, just that people aren't losing all this time. Yeah, because it's ridiculous, especially when you know when you have streaming before final tables, because then you have one table that's playing on this this it's already slow because people are playing a little bit differently. They're playing a little bit tighter. Maybe they're nervous being on stream. They got to put make sure that they put their cards in the box, like this whole thing right. Then on top of it, the all ends are taking longer. Yeah, and even if it is just ten seconds longer per hand, you play one hundred hands, like that adds up. So like just add the time back, or pause the clock during the the all in moments or whatever, you know, or just run the damn cards out.
Speaker 2: I don't even care, like you know, running them out quickly.
Speaker 1: I mean we we I'll tell you that at you know, at Venetian Poker Live and when we were doing cash flow in those live stream cash games, we told them just don't don't do it like a tournament. Just go we'll figure out the action, we'll whatever. But like these guys want to get hands in now. The thing is that in a tournament the time is actually more important than a cash game. Cash game, the blind's going ups, it doesn't matter. But you know, the cash game players want to play fast, they want to move things along whatever. So but in a tournament, like you should totally give time back, like why can't. It's like in soccer when there's all this this time that the referee keeps and at the end of it it's like, okay, there's seven minutes of injury time, Like just add the time back or again, or just make all at the final table. It's hands per level, not time. That's also a very easy fix. I feel like, so those are my things that I would like to see happen, and I know you're on board for all of them. I know you're gonna put them all on the PGT structure sheets coming up for the next season. You know, I think we're in.
Speaker 2: I want to add one Yeah, go go right ahead.
Speaker 1: Oh but by the way, I want to add one more, one more because this this came up on social media the other day with David Baker tournament staff. When it's about to be a color this is this is this nothing nothing like sets me off more in a live poker tournament, and I don't really get set off. And this is a low, you know, very low down there set off. But when they come around with like twenty five minutes left in the level and they pass out racks to like the person who's the chip leader to start coloring up. It just creates an unneeded level of stupidity and slowness from everyone. It's like everyone kind of forgets what they're doing immediately. The person who gets the rack like thinks that they have to start coloring up, which is not true because you still got twenty five minutes. Okay. In the case that you do color up, then everyone's just making change for the next twenty minutes of the level, which is also annoying. Right. Then there's also times where like there's times in like let's say I got a rack, I gotta rack the other day of Venetian I was gonna color up. I put it, I put it behind my back in the chair, and I didn't do anything, and the dealer was like, you need to start coloring up. I'm like, no, there's eighteen minutes in a level. I do not need to start coloring up. And like the guy next to me was like ready to pass me as chips. I'm like, buddy, no, you're about to be in the big blind. Let's not do this right now. We'll do it, you know, four minutes before the break. I got it. It's fine, Like, but like everyone kind of like gets weird about it and then it ultimately slows everything down. So can we just like somehow fix this. I don't know exactly what to fix it, like, but just fix it. It's really annoying.
Speaker 2: I don't have the opportunity to do the color of that often, but when I do, I'm kind of half in with you. I don't ask anyone for chips.
Speaker 1: Just because like, like they give it to some people and you can tell some people are.
Speaker 2: Like I've done that. I've just taken it off them before.
Speaker 1: If it's me like, we'll just speed this process up and move on with our lives, I've I will.
Speaker 2: If someone gives me the chips like eighteen minutes out, I will call it on them up. But otherwise I'm not ever asking for chips until the last few minutes, like the lost handle to because yeah, we're gonna need those chips. It's we don't need to do it eighteen minutes ahead of time. But like, if someone starts selling me, I'll just buy them up. I don't really I don't care as much as ODB does or you, but I do think it is it does like when I've seen the amount of times you see you know, a four giver rack guys in a big hand and it just like throws them completely off. I guess that's a little bit on that person for not being out of concentrate as well.
Speaker 1: But like people playing big parts, people are passing chips across the table like in the middle of the big pot, and it's like, hey, can you just wait? Like some I know this isn't isn't allowed, you know, and I'm not gonna I don't have anyone to help specifically, but some dealers do it out of the pot, Like it's like, can we just stop with this? Like just stop? Yeah, So that's mine.
Speaker 2: I want to add. Can we try and convert more rooms to poker ols? That's all I want. I know it's more difficult than we think. There's contracts and there's lots of money involved. But like you know, especially during the sum the summer and the winter, you know, times I'm on poker outles looking at the wind or looking at VENETI and then I got to go to Bravo, which is although they did an updates, still a piece of poop and uh to find out what's going on in Ari or other places. Let's just let's just get pokeerrautles is better. Let's just get everyone on Parker out list, or alternatively get their own app like WSP.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the first the first thing that people should do is, you know, get your own app like the WSP plus app. Now obviously that's that's something that a lot of people aren't gonna want to do just because it's costly and whatever, I get it. Second option, I agree with you, poker at list. Let's go like you know, it's been. It's just it's just better, it really is, you know, and listen, maybe the whole competition thing that we often talk about, whether it's live operators, online rooms, whatever it is, maybe the competition drives the Bravo product to get better. They have recently updated their app, you know, so maybe they are in terms of like trying to improve it. But yeah, I agree, poker alss right now is is so far ahead that everyone really just needs to use them. The old gripe that I have against poker Alice, they can use a little a little U I U X like upgrades. You know, it's a little bit kind of old there. And they got to add the last names.
Speaker 2: They got a name. Did you notice when you said that screenshot of Jeremy Becka winning the eleven hundred that he had a flag.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Some people have flags, some people don't. I don't really understand why that's how it.
Speaker 2: Is I want to do.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I was thinking like maybe, like maybe it's like if Jeremy like actually creating an account it's tied to his name and he put his location. I don't really know, but yeah, I'm looking him out. I think is great. You know. I like when they come over they break your table, they just give you that that seed. There's no like high card and stuff. It's just it's just you know, print it out and go. So yeah, I I like it. One thing I do think is a little bit funny with with poker Alice is because you have the the tablet is like built into the table, right, and some people, mainly the one seat in the nine set, can see the tablet and can see the names. Yeah.
Speaker 2: People.
Speaker 1: We had a guy the other day while I was at Venetian. He stood up like there was another hand going on, and he stands up. He's in the five seat. He leans over the table with his phone and takes a photo of the tablet. Okay, like to obviously get the names right because he can't see him and they're upside down from where he is, and I wanted to be like, okay, can we all have the photo, like, you know, like if you're gonna do that, can we all just have it? Can we all just share our names? Like how about that? How about we all just say like, hey, I'm Donnie Peters, go look me up. No big deal, Like it's like what are we doing here? So anyway, I do agree with you, though, Let's go Poker Outls.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at my Poker Outsis account, say I could add a flag and they have Poker Atleis bankroll so you can do tournament registration, payouts, purchase. Recently, there's only at two locations for.
Speaker 1: The Poker Atles event that have at Venetian in December and Remco and myself did commentary from we had John Friedberg, the owner, CEO whatever he is for Poker Atlas. He was saying that they are have this is like while we were doing the stream, this was like his quote unquote breaking news. But basically you're gonna there's like a Poker outless like wallet. Now you're gonna be able to like put money on there, buy into tournaments that way. You know that sort of thing, which is great. Another great upgrade. So you know another thing. I don't know if it's out yet. You're obviously seeing something like that right now in your poker outlics at But you know again another like good thing that's that's coming because if I don't have to carry a bunch of cash around all these different venues, I can just press buttons like that's that to me is great? Right, So yeah, another reason why I think that they're ultimately winning.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to not see what it asks for me social security pen. Okay, yeah, it's cool, definitely, you know, hopefilly that comes to Obviously coming to Vegas would be a bigger hurdle than the two locations in Texas because of all the Nevada gaming restrictions. But yeahs at least a step forward.
Speaker 1: Right, all right? You got anything else, sir?
Speaker 2: Another couple more days up straight in the Lost Chance straight into twenty twenty sixth season. I'm ready to get back to work, that's.
Speaker 1: Right, baby. So we got PGT Last Chance coming up January fifth through tenth. We have the PGT Championship coming up January twelfth through thirteenth, so that's on the docket and then we'll get into everything as we go throughout the twenty twenty sixth season. For Tim Duckworth. My name is Donnie Peters. Happy New Year everyone, don't forget to hit like and subscribe, share the podcast with all your friends, and uh yeah, we'll do that mailbag episode coming up sometime in the future. So podcast at PokerGO dot com is the email addressed that you can send in any questions and Tim and I will do our best to get to those in an episode in the future. But for now, we will talk to you guys later.
Speaker 2: Fell you night.
Speaker 1: The cany expressed