Speaker 1: You are now listening to the Someone's Favorite Productions podcast network.
Speaker 2: Hello there, and welcome back. What is this place as connected disconnected? It's connected. Disconnected breaks the number that has been connected. Hello there, and welcome back to the disc Connected Here with an individual that you may not have seen yet unless you are browsing TikTok here with Courtney Cannon Corney. Thanks for coming on.
Speaker 3: Oh thanks for having me. I'm happy to be here.
Speaker 2: We met through one of the just most random pieces of serendipitous behavior that I ever could have dreamed of. But literally, you posted a video promoting the Physical Media Advocate, and I think you are the first person that has ever done that without me knowing them. So, first off, thank you.
Speaker 4: No problem, I love it, I love the magazine.
Speaker 2: I'm stoked to hear that. We'll talk about that just a little bit. But the big thing is you, how are starting to make a name as somebody that loves movies and physical media primarily on TikTok and for a hobby that is primarily an older generations game in a lot of people's eyes. I cannot wait to dive into this. So first tell us just about yourself. For those that don't have any knowledge of who you are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So my name is Courney Cannon.
Speaker 4: I have been collecting physical media since I was about ten years old. I'll be thirty next month, so we're going on about twenty years now. So growing up in the nineties, you know, my family, we loved collecting VHS's, and then once DVD's got around, I started getting those and then just started falling in love with physical.
Speaker 3: Media and from there, you know, it's the rest is history. And then, especially once Blockbuster closed.
Speaker 4: Down when I was in high school, I really started diving into getting physical copies, and then we upgraded to Blu rays and now the four k's and the boutique labels. But I've loved the movies my whole life. They've really saved my life life in a lot of ways.
Speaker 3: As cheesy as.
Speaker 4: That sounds, I've, you know, through all the dark times in my life, movies have always been there, so I've always just relied on them as a sort of medicine. And then the physical media aspect is just so fun for me, and one I've always been an advocate for, which is why I was so drawn to the magazine. And so now I live in Nashville, Tennessee. I work for FedEx headquarters and I'm also a tap dancer. Just a little background lore there, And just I love movies and I love talking about movies. So that's why I started posting on TikTok. I just wanted to find a movie community to discuss my love of films and have been able to find that on the platform.
Speaker 2: Nice. Nice, Let's dive into the movie love. Then, what is like the first movie I ever remember seen in a theater?
Speaker 4: So this is always a fun question because my memory is terrible, but I do have some fun long term memories. So I do have a very distinct memory of my dad taking me to see Lord of the Rings. And I cannot tell you which one. I do not remember which one it was, but it was when I was like maybe four or five years old, and I remember seeing it on the big screen, and just I mean it was an experience. So seeing Lord of the Rings in the movie theater was just incredible when I will never forget. So that's usually my answer, even if it may not be the right answer, just because again, my memory of a young age is not the best.
Speaker 2: I still think my first memory, I don't know if I actually remember it or if I just knew it that that was the answer twenty eight years ago and now I just talk about it like a memory. So probably similar things. I love that you are in Nashville. There are a couple pretty big theaters around there. What are some of your favorites in Nashville to go frequent?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you can usually catch me at the Bell Court, which is the local theater here and has been around for a long time, so I'm either there. Actually just saw a midnight showing of Revenge a couple weeks ago during their action series they're doing like an action midnight series, so that was super cool. I'm a Regal Unlimited member, so I'm always at the Regals, And then you have the Franklin Theater, which is actually what I've only been to once, so I have not been able to frequent that as much as I would like. And yeah, so usually the bell Court of the Regals where you're gonna going to catch me here in Nashville.
Speaker 2: The Bell Court is kind of one of the main staple theaters that people know across this country that have never even been and I am I'm insanely jealous to not be somewhere close to something like that. I mean that we've got decent theaters here in Kansas City, but none that have like an esteemed name like the Bell Court. So that's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, wean fun, fun little story about that.
Speaker 4: So they did like a one hundred years film in Nashville where they did like little series with seminars and things, and they showed Earnest Scared Stupid as part of their hick Flick series about like a month or two ago. And and that's actually the theater that the original cast and crew when they premiered it, that's where they got to watch it. So it was so cool to get to see that, like in the theater that they watched it. And they had the director's son there for like a Q and A and the guy that play Joey.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I love going there for fun events.
Speaker 2: That's incredible. I love that. So you've been collecting for a long time, different formats, all kinds of stuff like that. What are some of the some of your favorite labels at the moment.
Speaker 4: So my favorite labels would have to be Arrow Video. I think their box sets are always top tier and in as far as box sets go. Second Site films is one of my also all time. I mean, they have put out my bank account hates to see a new Second Site release coming, So definitely Second Site and Arrow, and obviously for horror you have Screen Factory, and then I think as far as quality vinegar syndrome.
Speaker 3: You really can't beat their quality.
Speaker 4: So whenever I actually their most recent sale, I got to pick up some good things, so those would be in my top But there are so many. I mean, you have Criteria in which the Criterion sale just ended. I got a nice stack from there.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so I mean there's just too many picks, so I can never say just my favorite, but you got all of them in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somewhere. Gosh, probably about a year and a half ago. Now, I was trying to just get a handle on like the industry itself behind the scenes, and I counted at that moment one hundred and fifty plus active boutique labels, and I definitely got a little intimidated at that.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's insane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean there are many that don't have like a very frequent release schedule. They'll literally do maybe one or two a year, but they're still active, they're still working.
Speaker 3: They still count well.
Speaker 4: But how exciting is that that so many places are putting so much effort into physical media. So I think it's a great time for physical media and.
Speaker 2: We need more and more places like one that you just made me jealous with. Again. You just got to visit Orbit DVD. How was that?
Speaker 3: And it was awesome.
Speaker 4: It's only my second time getting to go in person, and I could have been in there all day. I told them when I walked in, I was like, you know, you guys don't know my face, but you probably know my name.
Speaker 3: You see my name all the time in.
Speaker 4: My three orders. But yeah, they I mean, it is a dream in there.
Speaker 3: Oh, I love it.
Speaker 2: We on the show, we've had Mark, the owner of Orbit, on a few times to talk about the store and stuff. And the very first time, just like you and I just did behind these scenes, I went Mark nice to virtually meet you and he said, oh, I know your name very well, and i'ment, oh.
Speaker 3: God, Oh don't you love that? Oh that's great?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, they're They're my favorite place to order from as far as when I especially pre orders. They take such good care of their packaging and they always have it to you on time.
Speaker 3: I just yeah, I have will seeing the praises of orbit forever. So I'm so glad.
Speaker 2: And they're the nicest people. I mean genuinely that they look out for things. One of the stories that I like to tell people's orbit will like they'll hear that a disc is rattling in your package and email you and say, hey, would you like us to open this and reset the disk in there so that it doesn't come scratched.
Speaker 4: Yes, I've actually got that email before and I was like, yes, please, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they are watching, thank you your TikTok. Let's let's get into this because it is it is starting to become a beacon of hope for me, at least in showing a younger generation some of these because your comment section, first of all, extremely kind. Love to see that. I don't know if you delete things before I get there, but for the most part you get a lot of love.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, thankfully, you know, because it's scary when you start posting. I started posting back, i want to say, around March ish and it was a little a little like intimidating, just because the internet can be a scary place. But so far, you know, I've had so many kind people thankfully has found the right side of TikTok. And I think the movie community, I feel like movies just teach us empathy, and so I feel like as a community, we're just prone to being, you know, empathetic and kind and we all love the same thing. And I think because it's such a niche thing these days with physical media, Like in my own personal life, I'm the only one that collects movies that I know, so it's I think we all see that it's a rare thing. So we all, you know, gets to group together and it's like one little community, and it's been absolutely incredible. It's it's actually it's been it's been better than I ever thought, and it's my page has grown more than I thought it would, so which kind of can be scary to at the same time, but I'm just super grateful to have gotten to meet so many awesome people and.
Speaker 3: Talk about movies with people that love them as much as I do.
Speaker 2: I you know, it has not I've not seen your page for all that long, because gosh, it's only been a handful of weeks and somebody sent me that link. But the amount of just random ideas that you come up with to share his videos. I would love to hear what is the inspiration for these, because this is probably why I would be terrible at TikTok. I'm not going to think of the idea, here is a rainbow of my favorite movies, Like, that's just a unique way to share your favorite pickups and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: So it's funny because my brain is always moving, and so I have a notes app So if I think of something during the day, i'll see something and it just sparks an idea, I'll throw it in my notes in that way, I don't forget it and then I'll go back and look. But or if i'm you know, on TikTok, I'll look and see. I'll get inspiration from other creators. My friend Raggle Fragle, that's who he posted a criterion of rainbow recommendations, just one movie for each color, and I messed with I said, that's a great idea. I'm going to use this and I'll give you credit, and so I kind of turned it into my own things. So it's kind of like borrowing from, you know, other creators. But also just my mind is constantly moving, and so whenever I think of something, I'll write it down because if I don't keep my notes app I'll never remember what I want to make a video on.
Speaker 2: Well, I think one of the main things too. And we'll get back to the physical media aspect of the TikTok side in just a minute. But you you keep people interested because it's not just physical media. You're going to actual events. You're showing people like local museums and stuff. Are there any of those around there that have been maybe your favorite places to visit that you got to share a video from.
Speaker 4: So my favorite place that I've been to that's in that it's in the Nashville area. It's up in the Hermitage area. It's called Full Moon Cineplex, and it is a movie theater. It's only open on Fridays and they play old movies and it's actually connected though to a tattoo shop, so you can go get a tattoo and the youn go see a movie on a Friday night. They always play older horror films typically, and they do dinner in a movie, so they make homemade dinner.
Speaker 3: So like last time I went.
Speaker 4: It was like a ganoche and I always say it wrong, and like a salad and bread.
Speaker 3: I know I didn't say it right, probably gulash, Oh my.
Speaker 2: Goodness, the top of the cake or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, it's definitely gog Yeah, you're you're correct. It is goulage. I know I was wrong, but I was like, I gotta just it. So yeah, they did goulage and salad and bread and they and you get popcorn Minnesota and all that with the movie is twenty eight Bucks, which if you go to like a restaurant stuff, you know it's and they're so great. The owners are awesome people, and it's just such good vibes. Like my first time ever going, they had the room Morgue magazine. They had a whole table you know, out so they did a whole Friday the thirteenth. They showed the Seventh movie on Friday the thirteenth, so I got to go. And so they're actually doing a festival, a a convention, horror type convention in the spring. They do like a whole thing the Tattoo Parlor and the Cineplex, huge event. So they're definitely my new favorite place that I've found around here. That and I posted a couple of things and they've they've they've done really well, because I guess people are you know, just aren't used to seeing those those kinds of things anymore.
Speaker 2: So I think that is sort of the power of TikTok. I mean, there are so many I don't know, like niche communities within niche communities that people are just hungry for at the moment. And so like many people that follow me that, yeah, they love movies, they love physical media, but they don't get to see, you know, conversations with some of these filmmakers, or conversations with some of the people behind these boutique labels, and so that is like that granular desire and you get something like this where you know, somebody might be in I don't know, New Mexico where they don't have something like that and some random little town and you get to bring that to the world. And just like you're talking about movies being empty machines because I think it was an Ebert quote originally movie anyways, you're essentially doing that now is showing them a little like cross section of a community that they would probably never get a chance to see in real life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, for sure.
Speaker 4: And you know something that's fascinating is I have a lot of international followers. I have a lot of followers from like Ireland, the UK, Australia, Canada.
Speaker 3: It's and they're always will message your comment like we don't have anything on this over here. I mean, I wish we had stuff that y'all have in the States over here.
Speaker 4: And so it's just it's really fascinating that TikTok just kind of brings people together from all over in you get to see things that you never would otherwise.
Speaker 2: Well, with physical media being a big chunk of the show, we should probably spend some time on that. And with you having collected for twenty years, how how are you feeling about physical media in twenty twenty five? Just general vibes.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I think it's at a peak right now. I think the releases there have been so many incredible releases and so many announcements, you know that. I think it's it's exciting, and I think there's like kind of just it seems to be growing a little more. I think maybe see maybe the popularity of you know of it on TikTok. I've seen, you know, several people have messaged me personally saying that they've started their collections because they've seen, you know, me posting about it, or they'll see the releases that I'm posting about and and that you know, they started their collection. And I think with the things that are coming out, the quality is really good. And I think, like we were saying, how there's one hundred and fifty boutique labels, that there's so many companies that are investing in physical media that it makes me really excited that it's not going anywhere, because you know, some people will tell you it's dead and stuff, but it's not.
Speaker 3: We keep it. We keep it alive around here.
Speaker 4: And I think that people there's enough people buying this stuff to where they're continuing to invest in and it's continuing to grow, and.
Speaker 3: So I'm excited.
Speaker 4: I think this is a great year for physical media. Like next month, I'm getting the Casper.
Speaker 3: It was the Steel Book.
Speaker 4: Uh, I mean, there's so many on my pre order. I stay having pre orders in so I couldn't tell you everything I've had pre ordered right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't want to reveal that list. Yeah, as far as that, what are what are some favorite releases from the year so far? Because I would agree it's been kind of a banner year It's a really crazy time. I feel like every week we're getting something that everybody's shocked that they never thought would get a release, and yet here we are getting another one of those every six days.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, literally in my bank accounts, like please.
Speaker 4: But one of mine for sure this year was the Nice Guys Second Site box set that was released.
Speaker 3: Oh there's my dogs.
Speaker 2: We respect all on this channel.
Speaker 4: Yes, Jenny loves to to get in the camera, but no, the Nice Guy Second Sight set was is one of my favorites. The coloring and like the artwork that they picked is incredible. I just got the Frailty box set from Lionskate Limited, which Lionskate Limited has been knocking it out.
Speaker 3: Of the park. So those are the top two that just came to my mind first.
Speaker 4: And you know, like you said, there's been so many that I could sit here and list off, like ten or twelve, like the sleep Boy Camp two and three from Screen Factory so happy they got a four K, So so many.
Speaker 2: It's a big deal. Are What are some things you don't love about the state of physical media in twenty twenty five? What are some improvements you'd love to see?
Speaker 3: I have one it's the prices.
Speaker 4: I think it's I think, you know, obviously you have a lot of collectors out there who are anxious to get their hands on these things. But my most like my most recent thing is the Nightmare on Elm Street four K set that's being released, and I mean it's like I think, I want to say I saw three hundred dollars because the other one is sold out on Amazon, and it's like, it's just the prices. Sometimes it's like ad like it hurts because you know, I feel like sometimes you know, they kind of they keep them going up and up, but that I mean that honestly, that would be the only thing. And also my shelf space as a personal grievance, my shelf space is just never enough. But honestly, like as far as negatives, I really don't have have many because, like I said, I feel like a lot of boutique labels are putting in so much effort for these releases where I don't really have any complaints there. It's just sometimes the prices. I'm like, like it hurts my heart sometimes, but yeah, I think the positives are definitely outweighing the negatives for sure.
Speaker 2: Are you are you staying up to date with much modern film. Are you mostly focusing on these older films that are coming out on disc?
Speaker 4: I'm staying up to date with with the mod Are you talking about like newer releases that are coming out from theaters and stuff. Oh yeah, oh yeah, for sure, we're we're getting those. I'm trying to think of my most recent ones I've bought that we're in theaters. But I will say I bought more older ones because they're you know, getting upgrades to four K and all these things. But like the A twenty four releases, I'm always trying to get the A twenty four releases. You can't really see it, but I have a whole A twenty four. This whole shelf here is all A twenty four movies. I think their physical releases are incredible, like the Heretic and the Sing Sing releases, like the how they do it.
Speaker 3: I don't have it here, but the you know what I'm talking about there, like it's.
Speaker 2: Cool work code and labeled reach.
Speaker 3: I know, I know you know what I'm talking about. I wish I could reach it and just have it right here and just yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Am like yours.
Speaker 3: H Yeah, I think right now, yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm buying more older ones, but still trying to keep up to date with new ones.
Speaker 2: What about going to theater. Are you going to the theater to see many modern movies or mostly folcus on the rep screenings.
Speaker 4: No, every week I'm at the movie theater at least once, if not twice. I usually go e through Tuesdays, but sometimes this when it's now that school's back, I'll go back to going on Tuesdays because you know, it's half off on Tuesdays, so usually in the it's always packed. So I moved it to Wednesdays, but Tuesdays and Wednesdays are our movie days. I actually am probably gonna go see a triple feature this weekend. I'm I've been so so excited for Weapons. That's one I'm so excited for. So I always seen that. But yeah, I'm always at the movie theater, so you can you can catch me there. But I do love like the Belcourt, like we were talking about, they're always you know, showing older ones, so I also, you know, love getting.
Speaker 3: To to go there.
Speaker 4: It's so it's nice being here in Nashville where there are so many options. I feel like I feel like I'm always doing something movie related, like a few weeks. But I would to see The Goonies with the Nashville Symphony playing live while the movie played, and it was like, I think every movie should be watched that way because I also love music and I love it was so cool to get to watch that live.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we a few years ago we got to see Suspiria with Fabio Fritzy doing it live or man, that is the wrong name. It is Claudio Seminetti in Goblin, that did it, not Fabio Fritzy.
Speaker 3: That was the other one that I would have when I've breagged you.
Speaker 2: Goblin They're playing with Suspiria live. Was a mind blowing experience for sure.
Speaker 3: Wow, I would love to see that in the theater, especially in that way.
Speaker 4: Man great times, such a yard when it comes to that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: He does that usually like every two or three years, and I think Nashville is always on that list, so you might want to pay attention. And that was almost two years ago, so okay, See, we only lived.
Speaker 4: Here since last October because I'm originally from Memphis. Outside of Memphis, so I just have been here for almost a year now, so I will.
Speaker 3: Be on the lookout for that.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of you leaving places, it happened to see that you did some stuff on some films down in Atlanta too.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, I got to work for Marvel and their content protection department in twenty seventeen and twenty eighteen. I got to work on like, in my opinion, the best Marvel movies that got Black Panther, both the Avengers Infinity Warren in Game and then Thor Ragnarok reshoots, which actually there's a really long story about what I did on the Thor Ragnarok reshoots. Actually worked in the painting department for that, so I got to paint.
Speaker 3: Some of the stuff.
Speaker 4: So that's a whole nother story and how I got into doing that. But yeah, it was so it was so cool getting to be in that scene during that time, especially for a company like that, and get to see it all, you know, take place on the sets and how what goes into all the sets and stuff.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 4: It was very surreal, got to meet awesome people and yeah, a dream come true for sure.
Speaker 2: On the title what does content protection do? Because man, I immediately picture somebody smacking somebody's hand reaching for a script or security or something yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So basically how we put it, it's, you know, keeping Marvel's secrets secret because one thing about Marvel, they do not want things getting out there, like.
Speaker 3: Tom Holland and Mark Ruffalo had my boss stressed.
Speaker 4: So yeah, we were in charge of kind of keeping the scripts, like you said, make sure none of the sensitive things on the set, like like layouts of certain scenes were laying around. I was in charge of making sure everyone that came on the set signed a DA's So that's how I got to meet a lot of actors' families, Like I remember one day I got to hang out with that Angela Bassett's family and why you know, they were on set and so things like that and just really you know, keeping keeping secret secret. But you know, I always said I had kind of a low end on the totem Pole job because I was just getting started. But to me, I had the coolest job because I got to be on the sets all day, every day, watching these incredible movies being made.
Speaker 3: And my boss just had me going from one set to the next, one movie to the next.
Speaker 4: So I'm not in any of the credits because if in order to be in the credits, you have to work on the movie for a certain amount of time, but because I was going in between because they film Black Panther Infinity War ending game all the same time.
Speaker 3: So I was just I was just jumping.
Speaker 2: Around crazy, absolutely crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was surreal, fun fun times for sure.
Speaker 2: How I mean, how do you get started in that that doesn't seem like something you just stumbled into?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 3: Actually, you know it's funny you said that. I kind of was it.
Speaker 4: So I moved to Atlanta, graduated college. I went to University of Alabama, graduated in December of twenty sixteen. I moved to Atlanta in that January because my professor had told me, if if you want to work anywhere in film, you want to be in Atlanta because that's where all the big budgets with blockbusters were big made. So I moved without a job. I got a waitressing job. Before I started my waitressing job, I had met this guy because one of my friends parents had met his mom and they just got to talking and she said, my daughter's best friends in Atlanta for film, And she said, well, my son's in the film industry working on Black Panther.
Speaker 3: They exchanged numbers. She gave me his number, I text him.
Speaker 4: It and so we just got for lunch and he said, do you want to come meet one of my friends who's the security supervisor for Marvel, And I said sure, and so then I met him and I didn't realize it at the time, but it was technically an interview. He asked me to just come on the set and he showed me around, and I guess I passed the interview because about two weeks later I didn't hear anything. Then two weeks later, I get a call on a random Wednesday, right before I was about to start my waitress job. He said, can you work start work today? I said yep. So I was on the Black Panther set that day and from then on the rest was history. It was crazy how it all worked out. So sometimes it is randomly meeting the right people. And you know, I was such a yapper, so I was talking to and so that kind of helped me kind of get my feet into because I I.
Speaker 3: Was just talking.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, to be fair, a lot of people nowadays don't love talking to people. And if you got that skill, that is a way to break in.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, so it worked out. It worked out. So it was a very very bizarre way to it. Yeah, people ask me that all the time. How'd you get in?
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, well, it's very very.
Speaker 2: It's super easy. Just have somebody you know, know somebody yet yeah and yeah.
Speaker 4: And they had just met in passing too, how of that? And so it's just crazy like they didn't really know each other and then we didn't know it was.
Speaker 3: It was wild but nice.
Speaker 2: On TikTok, there is obviously a huge number of a younger population, and obviously people are not immediately jumping to eighteen to twenty three year olds when they think of physical media. So do you feel like there is a hope in in a rising interest in the youth of twenty twenty five in physical media?
Speaker 3: I do, I really do.
Speaker 4: I've I've had some people message me or will comment and they're in that age range, you know, letting me know, like you know, I saw your videos and it's really inspired me to start collecting. And actually got on TikTok because of the younger kids, because I was a tap teacher and so they got me to download TikTok years ago and finally started posting, finally startpace on movies this year and even they started kind of getting into it a little bit.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I do. I have some hope because I.
Speaker 4: Think with this younger, the younger generation, and they are always on TikTok, and I feel like with more people posting about this kind of stuff, you know, they can see like, oh wow, you know that, that looks cool.
Speaker 3: Like I want to I want to get that. Do that too, I want to get that, you know.
Speaker 4: And also with the streaming services, because that's kind of all they know right now. They you know, they didn't weren't around with Blockbuster and everything was here, but with the streaming services constantly taking stuff off or raising their prices, or censoring things and editing movies. And that's and that was in my video that I talked about where I talked about the physical Media Advocate because it's I think it's important to get out the reasons why it can be instead of just showing like, oh look at this cool stuff, here's you know, the reasons why it's also really important.
Speaker 3: And I think those the younger the younger people.
Speaker 4: See that and you know think, you know, yeah, that's right, because I do. In my analytics, I do have a lot of younger people that see my stuff. I could see that, you know, the eighteen to twenty three range. It is reaching them so hopefully, but I am. I am hopeful, I am, And that's my goal is to still keep it alive and inspire them as well and show them that physical media is superior to streaming.
Speaker 2: Something about that age range at the moment feels like they're reaching for more of the tangible. I did not have that hope for about five years ago, probably for that generation. But I almost feel like this might be kind of morbid to think about. But kind of all of the crap that happened during COVID, I feel like scared a lot of people going, oh, I could literally just lose a lot of this stuff because that happened so much more during the pandemic, and now it's oh, well, my favorite movies, I probably should have them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, no, I one hundred percent agree.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think COVID kind of changed a lot of things.
Speaker 4: It's like you see kind of the world before COVID and after COVID, and with that generation, I think, yeah, I think maybe they are leaning more towards the tangibles.
Speaker 3: And I think even with more than just.
Speaker 4: Movies, I see a lot of music with like vinyls and things like that. They're getting more of that as well, So I think I think there definitely is a lot to be hopeful for with the younger people, but also with us older older people.
Speaker 3: I'm a millennial, so I think the millennials are holding down.
Speaker 4: The physical media as well, because we were right when Blockbuster started going out. We were in like high school or college and so but yeah, we gotta we gotta let the younger ones know what's up. I think we're doing a good job with that thought.
Speaker 2: So I'm hopeful all of the people in my chat section are typing furiously right now because a twenty nine year old just said all of us old ones, well, technically I'll.
Speaker 3: Be thirty in next month. So no, we're all so young. We are young. I say, I'm still young.
Speaker 2: You are extremely young.
Speaker 4: Yeah, teaching kids makes you feel because I taught ages five to eighteen and they made me feel like I was ancient.
Speaker 2: So right, well, and I mean the reality is we for any hobby, and it's not just about physical media. And this is not talking up the importance of what you or I or anybody else that does this does necessarily but any hobby or art form needs its ambassadors, and that's literally what you're doing is approaching a segment that wouldn't have that and saying, look at all the benefits of this, listen, And even if five percent of those listen, you made an impact on a lot of those people.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, absolutely, even just one person, Like I never forget, I'll never get my first message of someone telling me they started their collection, and it was a younger person. I was so like it just it was it was so neat. So that was like, I'll always remember that, like that first message, and it was it was cool.
Speaker 2: Well you mentioned vinyl, any other things you collect, because you've shown off a lot of like movie props and horror memorabilia. I mean, at this point, the yellow hoodies like really synonymous with your.
Speaker 3: Channel, So I know I had to wear it.
Speaker 4: That's why I wore for this interview. I was like, you know what that was the video I remember I mentioned. I said I'm gonna wear it because and it was one of my It was one of my dad's favorite movies, was The Shining And since he's passed, I like really love this movie and so I'm always I love wearing the sweatshirt. But I do collect vinyls. I I really try to get a lot of movie soundtracks. I don't have a huge vinyl collection compared to like actual vinyl collectors. I would say I have maybe thirty something, you know, which is good for me because you know, I I just actually got to pick up from Waxworks. I got four of their movie soundtracks. So I have a couple of bands, you know, of albums I love, But I really am lean into the movie soundtracks. Shockingly, I know so, but I I do get those, but really just those and then movies.
Speaker 3: I'm not like a huge reader.
Speaker 4: So not much in books, but but I do like to get some vinals every now and then as well.
Speaker 2: Not a huge reader, but a magazine brought us together. I love that.
Speaker 3: Hey, the iron is not lost on me, my.
Speaker 2: Friend, well Corney, this has been incredible. Everybody needs to go. Check out the link for your TikTok in the description below, I sincerely hope you get a I don't know how much of my viewers are into TikTok, but I know that I follow you on there now and I hope any more do. I'm considering making a small leap over there. There's a lot of things that I feel like some of this could could play over there, so we'll see.
Speaker 4: Oh, absolutely, you definitely should. I will be your first follow follower. I'll be happy to support. But yeah, I always love many new movie people, so I'll be always happy when when new people find my page.
Speaker 2: For sure, excellent have crossed to Yeah, it was a serendipitous to a point where I am shocked that it happened like that, but I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: I love it. I love it so much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was so excited, and like I said, I've had them for almost a year now, and well I was like, I need to talk about physical media. I need to post about this magazine. I don't know if anyone And I was like, and.
Speaker 3: So look how cool it comes across your page. So I yeah, I love it so much. Like I said, I try to get it every month.
Speaker 2: So I appreciate that. We'll see you on the next one hopefully, because I loved having you on. So thanks for coming on.
Speaker 4: Awesome, Thank you for having me. It's been so fun. I really appreciate having me.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to the Disconnected podcast. There's one big thing that you could do to help the show, and that is to leave a rating and review on the podcast service of your choice. Thank you.
Speaker 5: Do you love movies, so do I. What's up, y'all. It's KB and I Love Movies inviting you to listen to the Conversation, a film podcast where passion meets perspective and an opinion from the old school to the new. I invite a guest on to discuss the movies that thrill us, challenge us, break our hearts, or even blow our minds. There's always new episodes dropping wherever you get your podcasts, so join the conversation. We don't just watch movies, we love talking about them too. A Conversation with KB Loves Movies a part of Someone's Favorite Productions podcast Network.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to hear more shows from IM the Someone's Favorite Productions podcast Network. Please select the link in the description.