Speaker 1: Five O five, the fifty five k r C the talks.
Speaker 2: Every Tuesday.
Speaker 3: I'm the dude man, I am Brian Thomas, not the dude Joff JUCKERSCUTI producers in there and apparently more people been shot, just like yesterday talking talking about the violence. We talked with Chrismithing about that. I fee President of can kover a problem with violence in the city, the silence from the administration, And as we're getting ready to launch a discussion about that, Joe sent me a breaking story from yesterday morning before the show started. We had another shooting in downtown CINCINNTY. Add that to the list of the dozen or so that we were talking about anyway, and this morning apparently two more. You think the may wll say anything this time? Joe, Yeah, I have slim just left town. Anyhow, what's coming up with a FIW five Cariocsy Morning Show. It's a special edition. It's Tech Tuesday with Day Have had Her Don't get Scammed on Amazon Prime days. They also have a don't get scammed by the scammers that are preying on the Texas flooding victims.
Speaker 1: To get to that in a minute.
Speaker 3: There are some really sick, twisted people who have a special place in Hell reserve for them. Corey Bowman speaking of someone who's going to talk about the violence in the city, maryl candidate Corey Bowman returns the fifty five Carricy Morning Show seven five and in advanced congratulations to Corey and his beautiful wife. Baby Jordan is now living in this world. She gave birches the other day, so he has a new child. I think that makes it four four Joe or five. I think it's four family man. Cork Bowman is inside scoop with the bright Bart News Today Texas Border reporter Randy Clark gonna be talking about the Texas floods and the Daniel Davis Deep Dive. We get the latest on Russian Ukraine. Apparently we're gonna be sending more arms to Ukraine's on the headline this morning on Wall Street Journal, Trump to resume sending weapons Ukraine. The US will send additional defense of arms because Moscow is hitting Kiev very hard, according to what the President said on Again Off Again, And I'm gonna guess that Daniel Davis will say it's an exercise of futility, because if you've got nobody there in the Ukrainian military to launch the weapons or use the weapons. They're gonna sit idly by. I know that's a bit of an overstatement considering yes, there are some forces in Ukraine still on the ground, but man, they are just getting churned up.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Latest on Iran and maybe a ward or two about the Huthi's launching missiles at ships. Got two Greek ships that have been hit so far by hoothy missiles coming out of Yam and so some shipping attacks and obviously that could spell some real problems for the shipping lanes and lots and lots of traffic going through that particular area. So there's your lineup today. I'd love to hear from you if you've got a comment about something. Five one, three, seven, nine fifty, five hundred, eight hundred and eight two three Taco Time, five fifty on AT and T funds.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Over to the scammers.
Speaker 3: Officials in Kerr County where the that just terrible, terrible flood went through the other day said the family's impacted by the recent flash floods claim more than one hundred lives, dozens still missing, and now they're being targeted by telephone scammers.
Speaker 1: I think we have a big award to give out for these.
Speaker 3: Folks, Joe, families of the victims, and a local hotline center for reporting missing persons. Apparently they're being targeted, according to the Kerrville City Manager, Dalton Rice, at a news conference, saying that has make it more difficult to get a firm number of people missing in the area because they're receiving hundreds of scam calls. Right said victims' families are being reached out to saying that they have their kids, pay me money, describing it as heartbreaking. Of course, it is so far well, at least as of the moving target and the reporting, at least forty one people were reportedly still missing after the rains and the flooding. Right said, we're dealing with mental health issues where people are calling saying they have visions. All these things we're dealing with on a day to day basis and having to vet this information. It becomes a very taxing on our people. What you like, psychics and mystics calling up saying hey, I know where this lost person is, right, Yeah, like that's a real thing. Republican Attorney to General Ken Paxon later issued a consumer alert for those impacted by the floods for bad actors looking to take advantage based on by perpetrating scams. These are no there are no words for how wrong it is that morally bankrupt people are trying to take advantage of Texans by using this tragedy to scam them. Anyone engaging in these scams will face the full force of law, and I will not rest until they are brought to justice. I will continue to work to defend those impacted by this tragedy and also urge everyone to join me in praying for those affected by this terrible natural disaster unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Periods.
Speaker 4: The biggest douche of the universe in all the galaxies, there's no bigger douche than you. You've reached the top, the pinnacle of Deusdom. Good going, Deu, your dreams have come true.
Speaker 3: Also warning the folks that impacted by the flooding, be wary of contractors from outside the area. Not rush to sign any contract to have your your home rebuilt or whatever repaired. Asked for references and check with a better business beer to make sure that they're working with a trustworthy business. Very sound advice actually that sound advice all the time, which is why I never, ever, ever, ever work with some random door knocker coming to the front door of my home asking, hey, can I check your roof? Unt no thank you by Elsa said, if you want to donate funds, be wary of who you're donating to. There's a lot of unscrupulous people out there saying that they're collecting funds to cover the for the victims of the flooding, and they have no intention of getting into the victims of the flood. Officials in Texas said donate funds directly. The Community Foundation of the Texas Hill Country nonprofit website said it will direct funds to vetted organization provide rescue, relief, and recovery efforts as well as flood assistance. And I've always mentioned Matthew twenty five. Haven't been over to M twenty five m dot org to see if they're collecting funds, but I'm sure they are extremely trustworthy and a place where you get a pretty much one hundred percent of your dollar donated is going to go to the flood victims. I just it is so disturbing that people would do this, and it's also disturbing that the members of the Democratic Party are blaming Donald Trump somehow for the flood. How do you get from point A to point B on that one you have this like historic one hundred year flood, and yet Donald Trump's to blame oh the word and know that he fired all the weather forecasters. No, no, actually, there is no impact on the weather forecasters. In fact, they were all prepared. You can ask all of them. Even though it's critical of the Donald Trump funding cuts to the National Weather Service, that know that they had no impact on them, not a one.
Speaker 1: They were all there.
Speaker 3: They were in place, doing their job, doubled down in the various weather forecasting. They provided twelve hours advance notice of the likelihood of floods. They provided four hours or three hours advance notice of the emergency like flood warning, it's coming, Get the hell out. The only problem is people were sleeping and communications weren't very good. Apparently they don't have a warning system and going off. In fact, I think that I read somewhere where I was believed that the mayor of the town was interviewed and they talked back when he was in office six or so years ago. They talked about an advanced warning system like a siren system like we have that's tested every Wednesday once a month, that the price of it was a little too much for the citizens to take, and they rejected building something like that. And something I said the other day, how about the phenomenon of the boy who cried Wolf. You know, there's only so much you're going to listen to and finally say, yeah, well you know what, I'm not gonna worry about it. Another warning, another emergency. Yeah, okay, Well, the last ten times you said that, nothing happened, So I'm going to disregard at this time. It's something that Brian Stetler noted warnings fatigue is what he called it. CNN analyst Brian Stettler placing some of the blame on the media for constantly tossing weather emergency warnings in the public. This is something my wife's even commented to me about. Oh my god, they changed the colors of the maps. You know, you talk about heat indexes. Oh this guy that feels like one hundred and ninety seven degrees out there. You know, the map's purple where it used to be red, And you know, you get kind of callous to the whole thing. After a while, Stetler side of reporting from CNN his own team that warnings and this goes to the Democrats who are saying Donald Trump's responsible for the flooding. Warnings were sent out ahead of the flooding, but the question was whether the warnings reached who they needed to reach. They went on to say warning fatigue was being cited by more experts as one of the causes of the disaster. Quote when everything is labeled extreme weather, nothing seems extreme anymore. Thank you taking a poke at the global warming climate alarmists out there in the world. Oh they oh, We're all gonna die in one hundred and fifty years. Even Politico, the left leaning political website, pointed out warnings were sent as early as twelve hours ahead of the flooding, noting that they may not have been interpreted well enough by local law enforcement to prevent death and destruction. Quote of the crux of this disaster is a failure of the last mile of communication. That from Tom Fayhee of National Weather Service. The forecast went out, they communicated the forecast, they disseminated the watches and the warnings. And the dilemma we have is there was nobody listening at four o'clock in the morning for these watches and warnings. The children at camp and the counselors. I presume we're sleeping at the time. I don't know there's something we learned from this. I presume there is. But this notion and the Democrats are getting nailed to the wall on social media for those who have actually out loud blamed Trump or taken delight with the death of these in many cases children, but just human life lost. Generally speaking. They deserve it. These maga folks deserve it. These climate change deniers deserve to die.
Speaker 1: Just observe.
Speaker 3: That's painting with a rather broad brush, because you know, maybe there were some Kamala Harris supporters among the mixed. Maybe there's some global warming believers in the mix in there. They're not with us anymore either. Five sixteen fifty five cares to the talk station five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three taco with pound five fifty on AT and T phones and get yourself some motor egsit. The products work several different oto exit products to get rid of the odors that are bothering you. Even skunk spray, Yeah, it works on that smoke, mold, mildew, skonk spray, food odors, pet odors, human odors. Odor Exit eliminates it and it comes with the one hundredercent satisfaction guarantee. Use as directed and it will eliminate the odor that you're trying to get rid of. Work for me many, many, many times over the years, it'll work for you too. So if your dog does roll in something that is just absolutely horrifically stinky, which has been the case with my dog of a couple of times over the years, otor Exit to the rescue, rub that head down and its spray. This smell disappears, so uh And if it didn't, I just give my money back from Otor Exit. Hey my dog still stinks. I've tried this stuff. But if you have any questions, if it didn't work the first time or whatever, they got a toll free number.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: It's got some techniques and application suggestions to make sure that your odor is in fact eliminated. To learn more to figure out which product you need. To order it online. It'll be promptly delivered to your home. It's Odor Exit Dot com O d O r XIT no eotor exit dot com buy it locally. There's a search engine on the website today where it is near you, and trust me it is otor exit dot Com.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station our iHeartRadio Music.
Speaker 1: Channel nine.
Speaker 3: First morning weather forecasts muggy again today, very very muggy. They say, partly cloudy skies should be dry today as well. I have eighty six partly cloudie every night, very humid, low of seventy partly cloudy, very humid Tomorrow, scattered storms and showers possible, eighty four for the high overnight low of sixty nine with partly cloudy skies, and yes, again muggy Thursday, cloudy, isolated storm chances remain in a high of eighty seven seventy one degrees. Right now fifty five KR City Talk Station five twenty one if the drive car CD talk station.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Some really outrageous comments going on in connection with this whole flooding situation should help low people can stoop. Sadie Perkins, Democrat appointed to the Houston Food Insecurity Board. Apparently a Democrat mayor. The late Democrat Mayor Sylvester Turner appointed her to the city board in twenty twenty three. Her term expired in January. Complained on TikTok that the victims of the flooding at Camp Mystic were receiving an undue amount of attention because they are white. I think it's probably because they were innocent eight year olds that had their lives taken away from them in a moment's notice. But she said, I know I'm probably gonna get canceled for this. But Camp Mystic as a white only girls Christian camp. They don't even have a token Asian. They don't have a token black person. It's an all white only conservative Christian camp. If you ain't white, you ain't right, You ain't getting in, you ain't going period. Something tells me that she's wrong on that, but you know, she had to say it out loud. She went on, I think that context needs to be said. If this were a group of Hispanic girls out there, this would not be getting the type of coverage that they're getting. No one would give an F word, and all these white people, the parents of these little girls, would be saying things like they need to be deported, they should have been here, shouldn't have been here in the first place. Well, okay, you end up having to delete these kind of texts out there in the world because the common sense folks out here in America, people that actually see through the lens of this racist nonsense, start you start drawing their ire. Houston Democratic Maryor John Whitmer's office said in a statement regarding her comments. Mayor John Whitmer will not reappoint her and is taking immediate steps to remove her permanently from the board. Houston Democrat Mayor disagreeing with his fellow Democrat on her outrageous racist comments. Christina Probst, formerly with Bluefish Pediatrics in Houston. I say formerly because she got in trouble for what she had to say over the weekend regarding the flood victims. May all visitors, children, non MAGA voters, and pets be safe and dry. Kirk County MAGA voted gut FEMA, they deny climate change. May they get what they voted for. Bless their hearts. Her former employer, Bluefishats, had issue with statement and clarifying that her remarks do not reflect the values and standards of omission of Bluefish Pediatrics. We want to be clear we do not support or condone any statements that politicizes tragedy, diminishes human dignity, or fails to clearly uphold compassion for every child in family, regardless of background or beliefs. Later announcing on their website that she had been canned from her job. President of the Texas Medical Board also looking into it, guy named Sherry if Zaffran, she may be in trouble on a broader level and perhaps could lose her license to practice medicine in the state of Texas, indicated that he has been made aware for remarks and that any complaints we may receive will be thoroughly investigated. What prompts people to go out there and say things like this, he asked, rhetorically, means is pure hatred for Donald Trump? Trump's arrangement syndromes that bad? Yeah, apparently it is that bad. Twenty five fifty five KRCD talk station. Imaging can be affordable if you go to affordable imaging services. Don't go to the hospital imaging department pay thousands and thousands of dollars for something you can get. I think the most expensive thing you can pay for there is like an echo cardogram with an enhancement eight hundred bucks for that comes to the Board Certified Radiologist Report. It also comes with a very quick appointment. You don't have to wait around three weeks to a month like you might at the hospital imaging department. It's low overhead, but they use the same equipment hospitals use experts. Been doing this for years and years and years and never a problem. I've had multiple images and Affordable imaging. I've had CT scans, I've had an MRI, and it's always fine with my physicians, including the Board Certified Radiologist report. Coming the cost of the price. As for CT scans, those are your whopper man. Five thousand dollars at a hospital five grand? How about paying four hundred and fifty with no contrast six hundred with a contrast? Yeah, remarkable difference. So put that money in your pocket. It goes a long way. Ask Jeff you one hundred dollars we got a CT scan? Taking up me up on my recommendation to go to Affordable Imaging Services to learn more about all the pricing and about the operation. It's the website Affordable Medimaging dot com. Affordable Medimaging dot com five one, three, seven, five three eight thousand. That's seven five three eight thousand.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC don't let the popsigles and money.
Speaker 3: Channa nine weather forecast, give me hot, humid, humid human humid.
Speaker 1: So we've got a cloudy, muggy day to day.
Speaker 3: Eighty six for the high, partly cloudy, humid, overnight seventy for the low eighty four with yes humidity and partly cloudy sky. Scattered showers and storms possible overnight partly cloudy, muggy sixty nine and on Thursday, cloudy, isolated chance to storms remains and high of eighty seven seventy one degrees. Right now for clud KRECB talk station five twenty nine, give five KRCD talk station. Remember fifty five care dot comedy can't listen alive to the smith event mayor missing in action. Basic conclusion on that, in the wake of all the violence going on in the city Cincinnati, the silence from the elected officials, council members, and the mayor deafening, a sentiment echoed by FOP President Ken Cober, who preceded Christopher Smithman yesterday talking about criming downtownsin SINNETI make sure you get your iHeartMedia app by her over there so you can listen to the audio and the podcast all the media and content from iHeartMedia at fifty five caresee dot com score to the phone see what Tom's got this morning, Tom, thanks for calling, Welcome to the program.
Speaker 8: Good morning, And first of all, I have to say that your executive producer is the best on the planet. Correct, of course, absolutely he does. He does a fantastic job and I guess on air talent would be lost without him.
Speaker 1: We can say that, right, amen, Brother, what prompted that.
Speaker 8: I loved you up a couple of softballs? Right? What are you gonna say no to? That's like the wife's coming up to you and said, is how does this look on me?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 8: You look wonderful, man, Joe.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You know, as to the latter, that depends on the nature of your relationship.
Speaker 8: That's true. That's true.
Speaker 3: If my wife did not look good in something, I would say that, I go, I don't know that that looks right? And I have said that before, and we don't come to blows over something like that. You ask my opinion, I'm going to give you my opinion. I'm honest, I'm direct, I'm forthright, I say, what's on my mind? Why would I lie?
Speaker 8: Right? Good for you you ask to the subject of the we'll switch back to the topics. Does your uh ask you your question about or the topic about mayor act after your ball? Why would he have why would he need to say anything? Everything seems like it's going according to plane. So I think all the council members or democrat. He's a Democrat. What's the problem?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 8: Everything's fine? Right?
Speaker 1: The violence is planned.
Speaker 8: I don't know about plan, but it's it's a I don't know, it's it's obviously not to bothersome For them, they don't seem to give a crap enough to do anything about it, so they it must be an outcome that they were are least willing to accept.
Speaker 1: Yes, I agree with you, you say so.
Speaker 3: I agree with you on that when you go to defund the police, you don't do anything to support them, and you undermine their efforts, you are going to end up with more crime. And yeah, that is a natural logical result. We've seen it roll out in multiple cities across this country over the past four or five years. Amid the defund the police. Police are all a bunch of racist Nazis. Yeah, it's happened in multiple cities and states like California.
Speaker 8: Right, and the liberal bastion, right, I mean, everything's great out there. Oh yeah, the incident and uh it blue over the weekend, the red, White and Blue ash thing. And how how a bunch of kids are running around and causing all kinds of trouble. And and now they they got to put up more gates, and they gotta they got to put up more entry points so that people can't get in with certain things. I mean, it's it's idiots that ruin it for every everybody else. And and obviously the Democrats don't aren't too bothered by it because they're you know, they're not doing enough about it. They're virtually nothing about it.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 8: In fact, they're not only not doing anything about it, they're they're going out of their way. Whenever anything happens and goes wrong, they go out of their way to try to protect the guilty party, the people that cause the problems. Oh well, it's not their fault. It's because you know, the Republicans are racist or Donald Trump this or whatever. I mean, these people's reaction to this flood is it's really all you need to know about these people. They are so desperate to get rid of any kind of that I really believe it boils down to accountability. They don't want accountability. They want people and themselves to be able to do whatever they want, whatever makes them feel good. And any any way to curtail that is must be wrong. It's got to be bad. And and well, take an incident and that so many people die. I mean they died because they were down in a river valley. It's not because of Trump or because of any failure of any weather things. They die because of the location of where they were when this downfour happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah you knew that, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 8: Something political is absolutely evil. It's it is so ridiculous and and and it has to right now be at the top of the lift of why people should look at them and think, don't vote Democrats. Have a great day, Brian.
Speaker 1: You too, Tom.
Speaker 3: And you know, I think going after Trump over the deaths of these these these well, it's it's adults and children. I mean, it's easy to focus on the children because they're so so innocent, and they're the ones that rely on the guidance from adults like someone might argue that while there are camp counselors there, they are adults that are in charge. They should have been listening to the weather forecast, since they had twelve hours advanced notice of warnings of flooding. It is a known flooding area, since this has happened before. But you focus on the children because you know they don't have an awareness about something like that. But more to the point that, you know, kind of along the lines Thomas making if this is what the Democrats have to criticize Trump over, that they're going to like Trump for the death of these innocent children, even though there was the weather forecasters were actually fully manned, if I can be a sexist in my phrasing on that. In fact, they had more meteorologists there in those particular regional centers than they normally do because the flooding was predicted. It pops the bubble of the narrative that somehow Donald Trump's cuts had something to do with these people not getting the message. I think, more to the point, it was four o'clock in the morning, everybody was asleep, and they didn't get the message. So you know, fingers are going to be pointed. But if this is what they've got. I mean Trump, say what you want about him. He has achieved victory after victory after victory along the lines of delivering on what he promised during his campaign. And the Democrats are simply beside themselves. They're the ones that created the immigration crisis, and more and more of them are aware of that, and more and more of realized now that you know what, that was not a winner for us. We dropped the ball. It was dumb policy. I've got a whole article that was written about that I can talk about. So what are the consequences of the open borders that they regret, because that was one of the reasons Donald Trump got elected on strong border security. Neighborhood has been overrun. It's a problem for America. Most Americans want a secure border. Like to the tune of eighty percent, most Americans by more than fifty percent. I think it's a lot more than that. That mostly the criminals, but at least a lot of the illegal immigrants deported. The deportation efforts of are a consequence of the open border's policy that helped them lose the election last fall. They own that and they can't run from it. And yet there they are standing out in front of ice officers and we have these criminal acts against ice officers. They're trying to prevent ice officers from doing their job, telling them to get out of the area and get out of my town. It's the antithesis of representative government, to be quite honest with you, and they're going to live the reality of that. So let's blame Trump for the flood. Five point thirty six fifty five K see the talk station. Get in touch with John Roman and the team that covers Sincy for less expensive medical insurance that is better coverage, and you can call them in any time of year having to take a look at your situation, which you really should do because it doesn't obligate you to do anything. Let them do a thorough analysis on your behalf because they're your broker. They're not working for an insurance company. They have access to hundreds of them though, and thousands of different policies, so they look at you individually. You could be different points of life require different analysis with medical insurance. You got a family with a couple of little kids at home. Maybe you're the kids have grown up and they're out of the house. Maybe you have a recently divorced and you're all by yourself now. It has a multitude of waye things change every step of your life, every phase along the way. They're going to reevaluate your medical insurance coverage to make sure you have the best possible coverage for the lowest price, and it really is significant savings. So you can have dollar one coverage, you can have the catastrophic coverage, you can have full coverage and save maybe five hundred to one thousand dollars a month, which is what many couples under sixty five are saving. Lots of my listeners have taken me up in my suggestion. Call them and ask. That's all you need to do. Doesn't obligate you to do anything. Five one three eight hundred two two five five that's five one three eight hundred. Call any state out there wherever you're listening. They can help you out online. It's coversinsy dot com. Is a form on the website you can fill out to get this process started. Coversinci dot com.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station on.
Speaker 3: Here's your ten and nine first one to one of mores. It's a humid day to day. Very muggy day, say, partly clotty skies and high of eighty six. It's going to be very humid over night, partly cloudy in seventy Another muggy day tomorrow with scattered showers, films possible eighty four for the high. Muggy and partly cloudy overnight Wednesday sixty nine, and on Thursday it's going to go up to eighty seven and it's going to be a cloudy day with isolated chances of rain seventy one degrees.
Speaker 1: Right now, time for first traffic.
Speaker 9: From the U see Health to Traffic Center. You see Health that's expert traumacare focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation. Learn more at u seehealth dot com. No accidents at this time, but overnight construction closing off two lanes on southbound seventy five between Paddock and Norwood Lateral and Cold Raine now reopened from roadwork between US twenty seven and Day Road. That he's I like, I'm fifty five KRCD talk station.
Speaker 1: It's five forty two, fifty five KERCD talk station.
Speaker 3: Happy Tuesday, fifty y two three talk for care to call otherwise stack is stupid.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 3: We go to Australia. We have a woman convicted of a murder after her husband's parents and aunt ate beef wellington that she prepared that was made with toxic mushrooms. Aaron Peterson hosted the Intimate Neal July twenty twenty three. She maintained a beef pastry dish was accidentally poisoned with death cap mushrooms, described as the world's most leal lethal fungus. A jury didn't didn't buy into it. Twelve person jury found the fifty year old guilty of triple murder, which carries a maximum sentence of life imprisonment. Also found guilty of atempting murder of a fourth guest who actually survived. July twenty nine, So you set the table for an intimant family meal lunch guests that afternoon Don and Gail Patterson, parents of her long estranged husband Simon, places set for Simon's maternal ant, Heather Wilkinson, and her husband Ian, described as a well known pastor to local Baptist churchband and Simon urged to come, but he declined because he felt uncomfortable. Also it is noted that her relationship with Simon started to turn sour. They were still legally married, but they'd been fighting over Simon's child support contributions. Maybe that's why she was insisting that he'd show up to dinner, but he didn't. Soweech was given an individual parcel of beef Wellington death cap mushrooms, apparently mistaken easily for other edible varieties and possess a sweet taste, which of course does not suggest toxicity. Guests that it was a good meal, Sadly, though, the deadly amatoxin swiftly going through their veins. Don Gale and Heather died of organ failure within a week. HM Patterson told her guests that she received a cancer diagnosis and needed advice on breaking the news to her children, but medical records show Patterson received no such diagnosis.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 3: Prosecuston said this was a lie, cooked up to lure the diners to her table. She also lied about owning a food dehydrat, which police later found dumped in a garbage bin. Forens success found the appliance contained traces of the fatal fung guy. At trial, she said, I agree that I lied because I was afraid I'll be held responsible. Yeah, I'd say. Computer sees from her house had browsed the website pinpointing death cap mushrooms spotted a short drive from her house a year before her life, so she did a search for death cap mushrooms. There's a little red flag for you right there. Anyway, sentencing date has not yet been set.
Speaker 1: Five forty five. If I have care see the.
Speaker 2: Talk station, jesuase.
Speaker 3: I guess you gotta really trust who's preparing your food, don't you. Plumb type plumbing. Those are folks you can trust. They know you deserve better. They deliver on better, better customer service, better prices, on time service, treat every call like a neighbors see can help and let need a good neighbor. Uh, you get no service fee. There's a free estimate. Certainly you get free estimates. They have an A plus with better business Bureau. Plumb type plumbing for all residential plumbing needs, including tankless water heaters. Try states number one installer those tankless. I've been mentioning those a lot on the spots for these folks because they have a you know, there's a lot of reasons to go tankless unlimited hot water is one great when never a cold shower, lower energy bills. They save a heap looat of space. You don't have that giant tank anymore. It's about the size of the suitcase hanging on the wall, and they last longer than a traditional tank, so go with tankless trenchlist. Sewer Line repair also something that plumb type offers. Don't have to have your yard dug up if you've got a sewer line repair problem or in need of replacement. They're experts at all that they do, and again a plus for the better business fewer so for any plumbing need, it's plumb tight plumbing done right. Five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three. That's five one three seven two seven tight t t E online, plumtight dot com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 11: You're great at protecting your personal inter Channa and I first one to weather hookhasts got a be a muggy day to very muggy, partly cloudys.
Speaker 1: Guys, and I have eighty six gonna be partly cloudy every night.
Speaker 3: Also very humid with a low of seventy Partly cloudy and yes, very humid tomorrow as well. Scattered showers and storms are a possibility. Eighty four the high overnight lows sixty nine against muggy and.
Speaker 1: A cloudy Thursday.
Speaker 3: No mention of muggy or humid humidity, but it's eighty seven for the high predicted for Thursday, seventy degrees.
Speaker 1: Right now, it's cyber traffic from.
Speaker 9: The u SEE Health Traffic Center. You see health as expert traumacare focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation. Learn more at UCHealth dot com. Overnight double lane closure on southbound seventy five between Paddock and Norwood Lateral. That'll be there until six a m. And through Northern Kentucky seventy one seventy five no delays between Erlinger and downtown six minutes. That he sounds like on fifty five kr CD talk station.
Speaker 3: By fifty to fifty five KRCD talk station, Happy Tuesday, inside Scoop, the Bright Bart News, Daniel Davis Deep Dive in the eight o'clock hour, Corey Bowman at seven oh five, Is you gonna be in studio?
Speaker 1: Joe?
Speaker 3: Now it's a bummer. Well, he may show up anyway. Sometimes he does and a special Tech Tuesday with Dave Hatter coming up in the next hour at six thirty o'h. Go ahead and check this when it is in. The stack is stupid, and I think with good reason. Former Democratic Representative Jamal Bowman New York described as going on a fiery rant on CNN blaming all kinds of health issues in the black community on Republicans. Okay, he said, the problem is we're not dealing with America's original sin and its disease of hate and racism towards black and brown people, and sexism towards women and anti LGBTQ sentiment. Really, we're not dealing with that. Your college and the Republican Party do not hold each other accountable when it comes to the racism that comes from the party on a constant basis. You can't be calm about this. I'm a black man in America. Here's the reason I fully made the stack of stupid.
Speaker 1: Quote.
Speaker 3: The reason why heart disease and cancer and obesity and diabetes are bigger in the Black community is because of the stress we carry from having to deal with being called the N word directly or indirectly every day.
Speaker 1: Close quote it, idiot, things because they're idiots.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, white people can't use the N word anymore, And honestly, I and I know, I'm only one man with one level of experience. I haven't heard a white person refer to a black person using that word like in like years, decades, probably, But what I do know is that I have found that, you know, white people aren't allowed to sing along with rap music, rap music which is filled with the use of the N word. So is his stress a consequence of his fellow black people referring to each other using the N word, which I think we all can acknowledge is happens on a regular basis. I mean, watch old Dave Chappelle, watch Dave Chappelle generally speaking, or any other black comedian. They use it all the time. Listen to to movies where they refer to each other using that word. Now, white person certainly couldn't do that to be getting all kinds of trouble for it, and I understand that. So I just I think his and I don't know that he's relying on peer reviewed research that use of the N word as a direct result will directly result in you getting diabetes. Just say it, please, say man is in custody after making a bomb thread while on board an Allegiant airflight leaving from Saint Pete Clearwater International Airport. Happened over the weekend. Legion officials said the incident happened about two pm. Passenger on board became disruptive while the plane was en route to Roanoke Blacksburg Airport in Virginia. Letter identify passenger twenty seven year old Taj Taylor. Investigation revealed this Taj tailor guy had reportedly told another passenger that his laptop was a bomb.
Speaker 12: Keep your stupid mouth shut.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Joe. Passenger immediately flagged the flight attendants. Investigator said several other witnesses on the plane reported hearing Taylor say he had a bomb. Doesn't listen to Jay Ratliffe obviously. Allegiance spokesperson said Legiance does not tolerate disruptive behavior of.
Speaker 1: Any kind, thankfully, so they.
Speaker 3: Had to return to the airport where law enforcement took the passenger into custody. All of the passengers were asked to deplane. Law enforcement on board a Legion flight ten twenty three. Unfortunately, the crew are reaching their FAA mandated time limits, so we must recreu the flight cord to the spokesperson at the time. Once that's done, the flight will continue to its destination. We apologize for the inconvenience that has caused our passengers.
Speaker 1: Thank you Taj Taylor.
Speaker 3: Of course they searched his belongings the Bananas County Sheriff's office along with canines. No bomb located, of course, but everybody's lives were disrupted because this guy was well, we'll just go ahead let him share with the award we gave out earlier, biggest doutione in the universe anyhow, five ffty five ifty five krc DE Talk Station learn from others' mistakes, plenty to talk about, plus a special Tech Tuesday Today with Dave Hatter at six thirty. Don't get scammed on Amazon Prime Days. That will be a discussion point at six thirty. I hope you don't go away.
Speaker 1: Big things are happening. This justin will tell you more at the top of the hour.
Speaker 3: What they are doing is terrorizing immigrant families.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRZ the talk station have a fifty five kr see de talk Station.
Speaker 3: Brian Thomas wishing everyone a happy Tuesday and inviting you to stick around as they always do. Bottom of the hour, a special Tech Tuesday, Dave Hatter and interest It is going to give us some insight into how to avoid getting scammed on Amazon Prime Days. Didn't even know scamming on Amazon Prime Days was a thing. Well, that's why we have Dave Hatter Corey Bowman. Fast forward an hour, seven oh five. Corey Bowman's going to well join the program to talk about violence in the city. Of course, that's a topic we talked about yesterday with since a Police Fop President Can Colbert as well as Christopher Smith Aman. He was on a wild tear on the h Well, the silence from the administration on the violence going on and a lot of crime. It's just heartbreaking to see how much crime and how many young people, teenagers are getting shot down, are gunned down. Also, congratulations baby Ezra to Corey Bowman and his wife. Ezra was born healthy apparently and the family's doing great, So another addition to the Bowman family. Inside Scoop with Bright Bart News fast forwarding two hours. Today we hear from Texas border reporter Randy Clark, but not about the border, but about the Texas floods and as in spite of the fact that Democrats are blaming Donald Trump for a natural disaster that of course he had no control over. Their narrative has fallen apart considering that the cuts to the Weather Service had nothing to do not only the natural disaster, but there were more than adequately staffed. In fact, they had I think five weather forecasters and meteorologists on staff and working at the time from the beginning of the floods all the way through the aftermath, and that is apparently more than double the number of forecasters that are usually there. So claims that the defunding had some impact on this wise, it's kind of generally perceived now that maybe it's because the children and the everybody else was asleep at four o'clock in the morning when the river started rising, just absolutely overwhelming speed. I still cannot get over the video footage of how quickly that water rose. Feels so sorry for those victims, and they're still looking for a lot of them. Death toll now I believe more than one hundred. So we'll talk with Randy Clark about that and the Daniel Davis Steve Dive, of course, with the latest on Russia Ukraine. The latest on Iran and the hoofyes shooting at ships out of Yemen. And we'll see if we can get a comment or two from Daniel Davis on that. Comments from you are always welcome here in the fifty five Carecening Morning Show. Love talking to the listeners. Maybe there's a topic you want to talk about. It's five one, three, seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight to two three talk or go with pound five fifty if you have an AT and T phone. So, oh real quick, here you heard top of the our news about the ticks. I did have an article about that. This summer of bugs. Apparently it's not just the ticks invasive insects invading the United States eight tsunami, as the article says, pests thanks to warming winters increase humidity that allows the summer bugs to survive longer. They're calling you the summer of bugs. Millions of cicadas, which we've already been through here, anybody missed them, lantern flies, which are a problem for the vegetation, and ticks. Fordham University researchers in New York say the summer's tick risk factor and they've got one of those ten out of ten suggesting people go to a movie instead of taking a high. Black legged ticks known as deer ticks, of course, causing a surge of lime disease. Incident rates have risen fivefold over the past thirty years. Spotted lantern flies, they say, could cause billions of dollars worth of losses to plants and trees. Lanterflies love to consume grapes, apparently so we have a multi billion dollar US wine industry which says they may be in jeopardy. Insect born diseases like West Nile virus thanks to the mosquitos, lime disease and Zika virus all a potential problem. Called to Environmental Working Group, Eastern equine encephalitis spread by infest invested mosquitoes rare but also extremely serious illness rate can cause brain infection and has a thirty percent mortality rate.
Speaker 1: Ah good, they say.
Speaker 3: Survivors offer suffer ongoing neurological problems. So some recommend from the Centers for Disease Control on protecting yourself. Empty flower pots and bird baths, to get rid of all the standing water and cut back on branches, and get your yard treated for pests. Cover up with long pants, long sleeves, wear socks when hiking through high grass or brush that may be infested with insects, which would be I think all high brush grass. They also recommend using a point five percent permethrin. You to treat your clothing and gear, check thoroughly for ticks before going indoors, and remove and dispose of them properly. They say the most effective method is to put the tick into a matchbook or paper bag and then burn it. Another method drown the ticks in alcohol or methylated spirit. They also warn, though, do not flush ticks down a sink or toilet, as they can survive underwater for a month. Use mosquito nets fans both in door and outdoor dining areas, cover strollers and baby carriers with nets.
Speaker 1: They say.
Speaker 3: Use the repellents responsibly, though, according to the directions on the labels. Handy guide for repellents recommended by the us EPA visit the Guide to Bug Repellence site. Use products with the lowest concentration of chemical repellents, especially for children, and repellents in aerosol containers. It says, as you can easily spray the chemical into your eyes instead. Lotions pumps and towel letts, but also to wash your hands after applying the product. Never use a sunscreen that contains a repellent, so if you reapply the sunscreen of a couple of hours, are going to be exposed too many chemicals. Always apply insect repellent after sunscreen, wash clothing and repellent coated skin when you get back inside. If you're bitten by a mosquito, avoid scratching and applying over the counter anti itch or antihistamine product to relieve itching. There's your recommendations for handling the bugs, the mosquitoes, and the ticks. Over to the phones, we go, miss Mississippi James on, Hey, Mississippi James. Good to hear from you, my friend.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, Doctor Brian, Hey Brian, my cell phone crashed. Only you was reporting on that last just before you went to break and I think you telling my stress in People Live, Can you give me a quick recap on that?
Speaker 3: Oh that was Let's see here representative former Representative Jamal Bowman saying that the reason here we go, let me quote him, Representative Jamal Boma, former from New York talking about health issues. He said, the reason why heart disease and cancer and obesity and diabetes are bigger in the Black community. Is because of the stress we carry from heavy to deal with being called the N word directly or indirectly every day. So if you have diabetes, it's because you've been called the N word directly or indirectly every day. So says Jamal Bowman.
Speaker 5: Well, that's a combination of the way you live your life, the way you eat, your exercise. Yeah, the stress, the oppression, depression, they all factored in.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir.
Speaker 5: I have a problem with a person when they go in and extract one part and say this is the reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got a whole collage of what we need to work on. Amen.
Speaker 3: You know, well though, that's why that's why this the statement comes across as so stupid, you know it as well as I do diet, exercise, environment and multiple multiple things or other. You know, obesity is a big problem in this country among white people, black people, everybody pretty much. We have like this massive obesity problem. And I know there's a whole lot of obese white people that are not being called the N word directly or indirectly, and you can't blame their obesity on some sort of name calling thing. It's lifestyle choices. So yeah, you're I mean, that's the point. That's why he made it into this deck is stupid.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and we got to get away from that as individual, collectively, group or whatever. They're trying to keep it extracting out one part, yeah, you know, and make that be the issue. And it's the same way if we talk about Trump, you know, we go in and extract one part to say, oh, he's the worst guy in the world. Trump is doing a lot of stuff that we've been asking to do for eons.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 5: Now we may not like the way he doing it, the speed he doing it, and some of the stuff he doing is completely you know, counterproductive to the way the system was was operating. Just like, for an example, this doge supposed to come in and they the arized they were going to find two tree in dollars with a way fraud, but they only found what.
Speaker 3: One hundred and ninety billions so far, it's nowhere near the mark, nowhere near the Yeah, I think they overstated the case. But if they were allowed to and could go after and figure out all the fraud, waste, and abuse in the American military budget, in Social Security, in Medicare and Medicaid. I guarantee you as sure as I'm sitting here, James, that they would have been able to find two trillion dollars worth of fraud wasted abuse, except they weren't allowed to go into those various areas, most notably the military budget that hasn't been touched by Doughe So I've been a critic of that military budget for a long time because if there's so much fraud, wasted abuse in every other program the government offers, you cannot tell me that the spending in the military is immune from fraud, waste and abuse. I'd be able a joke to even suggest it. So, yeah, they missed the mark. Sometimes people overstate their case, James. They got to live at the consequences. Appreciate the conversation, James. As always, I hope you have a wonderful day or in your next you don't mind holding got to take quick break here and strongly encourage folks to get in touch with Zimmer. We are eating and air conditioning proudly keeping area home safe, efficient and comfortably. Been at this for about eighty years. Third generation family owner operated Chris Simmer and the team will take great care of you with superior customer service, always the right price, and they do service and repair, but they also replace. So if you're in the sad situation of having to replace your let's say your HVA system went belly up. Of course, with all the heat and humidity of late that sucks. I understand that, But why not take advantage of the special that's going on right now savings of fifteen hundred and fifty dollars on a new carrier comfort system. You'll be loving the efficiency and how that carrier system will work out for you. So get in touch with the experts at Zimmer. Get the carrier cash rebate while the offer still exists, say fifteen hundred and fifty bucks. Chris Simmer can be reached at five one three five one ninety eight ninety three five one ninety eight ninety three. Find them online, learn more about the business, what they can do, and schedule appointment up a right hand corner on the website, which is go Zimmer.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC. Here is your Channel nine first forty one forecast.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have a very muggy day today, partly Thotishkys and the high of eighty six seventy overnight with partly clodtieskys.
Speaker 1: That'll be very humid.
Speaker 3: Laura's partly clodian, still very humid. Scattered showers of storms possible eighty four for the high sixty nine overnight with yes humid, muggy conditions and partly thotiskys and a cloudy Thursday with a high of eighty seven seventy one degrees.
Speaker 9: Right now, Time for traffic from the u See Health Traffic Center. You see Health as expert traumacare focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation. Learn more at u See health dot Com. Two seventy five remains down to one lane for the ongoing repairs of the Carrol Cropper Bridge seventy one north and southbound. No delays between downtown and two seventy five overall fourteen to fifteen minutes on that he sound like I'm fifty five KRCD talk station.
Speaker 3: It is six twenty coming on at six twenty one to fifty five car Seed Talk Station five one three seven fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three talk Time five fifty on eight and t phone is going to go over to the phones. Maureen was kind enough to hold over the break. Maureen, Welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show, my.
Speaker 7: Friend, Good morning, Brian. I had a little bit more to add to your tick story. The I had a tick on my arm. Oh gosh, I'm only about a month ago. My daughter had gone camping and she west dollar laundry for.
Speaker 13: Me to do.
Speaker 7: Naturally, I'm doing her laundry. I figure that's how I got it, and so I immediately investigated what to do. Pull it off with Tweezer's put it in a baggie and there's a tick lab at Ohio State and you mail it off to there. Cost fifty dollars, but you get back a report about a week later, and it tells you everything your tick had.
Speaker 1: Oh so you know if you've been infected with lime disease.
Speaker 7: Then yeah, exactly, but you don't know if you've actually been infectivated. It sells what your tick could have exposed you to.
Speaker 1: So I stay.
Speaker 3: On your heighten your awareness. So, okay, my tick head lime disease. It doesn't mean I necessarily contracted it, but look out for the signs of lime disease.
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh oh, exactly, which is kind of a bullet rash. And I started on box of cyclone right away and I never had any l effects. I started it before I got the results back, so just the precautionary.
Speaker 3: Can I ask you how long it takes from mailing the tick until you get your results back?
Speaker 7: Seven days and that's not bad.
Speaker 1: That's not bad your TICK tests.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, that's a yeah. Anyway, I also wanted to report on at CBG right now, and there's the DHL shooting. Well, I don't know if it's a shooting yet, but it's being investigated, so they're urging people to stay away from the DHL area, but the regular airport is just fine.
Speaker 3: Oh well, thank you for the update on that. Honestly, I've not been paying attention to the top of the air news. I didn't realize it was a DHL sho shooting going on or incident going on. Appreciate it, Maureene. Take care of yourself and save travels on your flight.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The other thing, I mean, disposing of ticks is one thing I'm a little hard to believe. You're supposed to put them in a bag and light it on fire. They are tough to smash though, but I suppose on that tiic test, the waiting will be the hardest part. You know, we get sitting on pins and needles, wondering whether you got lime disease or some other tick born illness frightening stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh and you know I didn't get to it. The other day.
Speaker 3: And since we're talking about bugs, Orcan came out with its top ten list of infected cities with the bed bugs one of the most the grossest creatures on the planet from my perspective, or one of the grossest.
Speaker 1: God the idea of bed bugs are just.
Speaker 3: Awful, awful, awful, awful things, and Cincinnati is usually on the list. Sadly, in top ten, we were not on the top ten list. Numero uno Chicago. Yeah, apparently it's a real problem with bed bugs in Chicago. So all kinds of tips on that one. But heat is the one thing that can most assuredly kill bedbugs. And so one of the strongest recommendations and one that my wife and I follow religiously, is when you get back home, unpack your luggage, put the clothes directly into the clothes dryer and put it on high and then take your bag outside and put that in the sun's heat and let that stay outside for a while. Get rid of those ticks or get rid of those bed bugs. And don't park your luggage too close to anything in a hotel room, like curtains, for example, or the bed itself. Also tips on what to look for. They did tiny little things about the size of a sesame seed except black. And I had this sad experience with my uncle and I were on a motorcycle trip. We used to take these multiple day weekends and go out cruising around cheer Ahola Skyway and Hail the Dragon. We did Blue Ridge Parkway, all that kind of stuff. But we'd always stay at low rent motels and hotels, you know, budget kind of trip. And we went to a red roof inn and the first thing I always do, go in and pull the bed sheets back and look in the corners and lo and behold, oh my god, on the bile came up the back of my throat. And we turned around and went to the front desk. My uncle looked at the manager and he said, you gave us the room that's occupied. He's like, what you have the rooms occupied? Said no, no, no, no, one's in there. He said, yeah, it's infested with bed bugs. The guy totally freaked out. We got our money back and left. So they're out there and they are disgusting and they will certainly hit your ride. So watch out for those guys while you're at it. Six twenty five fifty five kr CD talk station. And get in touch with every Federal Credit Union. Because you want to go to the website EMORYFCU dot or because you want to join the golf Outing. Yes, it's the nineteenth annual charity Golf outing. Every does this every single year and this year the proceeds benefited since our Children's Hospital charitable fun helping folks on life margins get the wonderful care offered by Children's Hospital. So the date August eighteenth, taking place at four Bridges Country Club, get yourself a force from together and enjoin a fun filled day of golf with the opportunity to support this worthy cause in our community again. Learning more about the benefits of banking with Emery. You can do that at the website as well, but also sign up for the golf tournament EMORYFCU dot org. I'll be there to say a few words of the golfers as they head off for the round of golf. I do that every year and it's a pleasure to be in a position to do that. So support the great cause today. Register online at Emory FCU dot org.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: It is we'll call it six thirty fifty five kr CD talk station. It's not Friday, but there's nothing that says we can't do a Tech Tuesday and welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show from interust it, the best in the business in terms of helping your business with its computer related needs and issues. Interustit dot com where you find Dave Hatter and the team to help you out. Dave, welcome back, man, thanks for coming on for a special edition.
Speaker 13: Always my pleasure. Brian, happy to be here and hoping we're doing some good out there.
Speaker 1: Well, so today's the kickoff day of Amazon Prime.
Speaker 13: Apparently it is. You know, I'm not a big Amazon Prime Day guy myself, but I know a lot of people love this sort of thing. It is an opportunity to find some great deals and of course, because of that, the scammers are always out there ready to attack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got to interject real quick before we get the details of this and how we protect ourselves. I read an article this morning starting off the program. There are and I can't use FCC non compliant words to describe them, although I would scammers out there targeting the victims of the flood in Texas.
Speaker 13: I'm not surprised by that. I mean, it's hard to imagine something much more despicable and sick than that. But you know, anytime there's some sort of disaster and there are relief efforts out there, the scammers always.
Speaker 10: Show up up.
Speaker 13: And you know, Brian, sadly, it's just getting easier and easier things to generative AI, to generate things that are very realistic looking and you know, unfortunately try to take advantage of good samaritan types who want to help as well as these unfortunate and tragic situations like that when they happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some like for the miss the victims that are missing. Still they're targeting family members and saying we've got your daughter or whatever and to pay us ransom money. That kind of stuff. It gets that depraved.
Speaker 13: I had not seen that. That's even more surprising to me because the regular scams of and we're raising money to help these victims because of this tragic situation. Yeah, you tend to see that, yeah, all the time. But wow, that's just sick.
Speaker 1: That is sick.
Speaker 3: Anyhow, moving over to Amazon Prime Day, it's actually days, it says here between July eighth and July eleven, So it's more than just one day.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's basically the rest of this week. It started out as a day, but it's expanded and over time, I think due to its popularity. And I mean, let's face it, Brian, you know, Amazon, however you feel about them, is a very popular place to shop. The bad guys know this. They know what Prime Day is. They know people are looking for great.
Speaker 1: Deals, you know.
Speaker 13: And this is a similar conversation that we've had year over year around Black Friday and Cyber Monday and holiday shopping and so forth. They know people are looking for great deals. And like I just said, it's it's really easy now to create spoofed content that looks realistic, whether it's an email, whether it's a text message, whether it's a phone call, or even an entire website. And some research from NordVPN. They make a very popular virtual private network product, NORD. That's what I Yeah, I found that within the last two months, over one hundred and twenty thousand fake Amazon websites have sprung up. I'll think about that for a second. One hundred and twenty thousand, Yeah, And in my mind that points out two things. The ease with which you can create a fake website. I just can't stress enough to people spoofing, the idea of creating something that is bogus but looks legitimate again. Email, website, text message, phone call. All of these things are relatively easy, and the quality of them is improving thanks to generative AI, because you no longer have all the old school tells, the bad grammar, the weird punctuation, all that sort of thing. Right, So one hundred and twenty thousand in just the last two months, according to nord VPN, ninety two thousand of those were geared towards phishing you, trying to get your credentials so that they could then go to Amazon.
Speaker 1: And they know many.
Speaker 13: People will use the same bad credentials, use your name and password across multiple sites. So if I can get your Amazon credentials, maybe that gets me into your bank or Netflix or whatever. Right, So ninety two thousand geared towards phishing. There were another twenty two thousand gear towards ransomware or malware of some sort. Again, keystrokelogger. You go to the fake thing because you get a deal. It seems too good to be chewing a downloads some kind of ransomware or other type of malware. And then the last eleven thousand ish 're geared towards either they just never send you anything, or they send you some cheap knockoff products. So it's pretty amazing when you think about the volume. But again, it's really easy for them to create these bogus websites, these spoofed websites. And you know, it's even easier, especially thanks to all the data that's been leaked about us and stolen over the last year, you know, ten years or so we've talked about for being in records here, sixteen billion records there. It's really easy for them to target you. It's in many cases they'll know whether you have an Amazon account or not because of that stolen data. And so you know, naturally they go where the people are, they go where the money is, and you know, so here we are. So yeah, I'm glad you guys wanted to talk about this today because a lot of people are going to try to take advantage of prime days and you really need to be on height and alert, and you know, as always Brian, be extremely skeptical because the scams are rampant.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, pause of bringing back and you can give some direct information for people to avoid this kind of stuff. Honestly, Dave, you rattled off, you know, the phishing, the email, the phone calls. I personally get hit with that almost every single day. I mean, I believe it. I've gotten so jaded and so cynical, and I so in tune and in touch with what you have told me over the years about the warnings and the red flags that I'm very very very reluctant to click on almost anything, and because I have actually seen these fake generated sites and they look real. So I'll bring day back and give you some helpful hints on how to keep out of trouble. Six thirty five fifty five cars the talk station and thanks again to interest It for loading Dave out the fifty.
Speaker 1: Five KR see de talk station.
Speaker 3: Of course, got to throw some rush and the bumper of music when you're talking to tech Friday's Dave Hatter, big Rushman.
Speaker 1: And good for you.
Speaker 3: Yep, all right, back over to the Amazon scams. One of the things that people get caught up on this and it's been expressed in the article excitement and urgency around limited time deals. One of the reasons they get people to click on things they say, it's only going to last for an hour, and you better hurry up and click, or we're going to run out of the product. And you know, it's like the deal of the century, which makes which prompts people to do things they otherwise wouldn't do, even if they're listening to Dave Hatter and trying to apply the hygiene that you recommend to the clicks that you engage in. But oh my god, I don't want to miss out on this opportunity.
Speaker 13: Yeah again, Brian. These people are professional con artists. They just happen to have this new mechanism to get to people.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 13: They know about human psychology. They know that people are looking for these great deals and that there are often legitimate deals that you can only get during these particular shopping times like Prime Day.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 13: They know that, so of course they try to leverage that. They try to take advantage of people who are excited and not really thinking clearly. And you know, get that email that looks just like it came from Amazon, and I I want to stress the folks, it is incredibly easy to send this boofed email. And again, as I said before, but thanks to all these generative AI tools, it's incredibly easy to create spoofed content that looks one hundred percent They know this right, And you know, just a couple of tips. First off, you're what you said in the last segment is the right thing to do. You know, I am incredibly skeptical of virtually anything I get via email any and you know, it's always best to stop, take a breath, no matter how good the deal seems, no matter what urgency level there is, no matter how long they tell you have to, you know, do this in the next hour, it's gone. Stop take a breath. Remember a lot of this stuff is scam based. It's easy for them to do. And then you know, if you are interested in that, and then you go in this case, to Amazon dot com and you see if you can find that deal on their website or if you have the Amazon app. You know, I'm not a big fan of apps, Brian, I don't install the apps from retailers like Target or Amazon or anything like that. But you know, whether it's the Amazon app or the Amazon website, if you're interested in doing anything, you should initiate the transactions yourself. After you've stopped and taken a breath and calm down a little bit, go to Amazon dot com, open the Amazon app on your phone, you know, first, and Amazon is very clear. They have a whole page set up to how to report scams and these sort of tips themselves. But you know they'll tell you they will never ask for payment in any way other than on their app or in their website. They're not going to ask you to send in gift cards or do Venmo or anything like that. Okay, you know, they only accept payment through their app or their website.
Speaker 1: And like the irs, they don't call you. They will not.
Speaker 3: Amazon is not going to call you. Trust me on that one. They got billions of customers every day. They got like two people probably that have access to a phone anyway, they're not going to call it. They even say they will not call you.
Speaker 13: I was just going to say, yes, they'll tell you straight up. You know they're not going to initiate calls to you, try and call them. See how hard good luck? And see if you think they're going to pick up the phone and call you because your order is delayed or whatever's and you know whether whether it's the deals too good to be true, your order is delayed, there's a problem with your order, your credit cards expired. There's a million different angles they could take to try to leverage this Prime day thing, right, you know, be skeptical. Don't click the links, whether it's a text message or a phone or an email. You know, Amazon is not going to call you. You stop, think about what you're doing, and initiate whatever the transaction you need to initiate is yourself on their website or in their app, and then the likelihood of you getting scams goes to next to nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's another one that I've gotten quite a few times, Dave. Is that the it's sort of the cryptic email. We just wanted to confirm your four hundred and random dollar purchase on Amazon, and like I didn't make.
Speaker 1: That, and you know you didn't, and you didn't.
Speaker 3: Because if you have any question in your mind that someone's ripped off your don't go to Amazon dot com, log in and look at your order list and let me guess it's not there.
Speaker 13: That's that's exactly right, Brian, And I mean, no matter what the source is, if you get something like that, then yes you should. Whether it's whether it's go check your credit card, your bank, the retailer. Yeah, don't click the links. It's a scam. They want to steal your credentials at the very least. Right you go and check, it won't be there. And it's funny you mentioned that because I got something similar to that yesterday from Square.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 13: Square is a payment processing thing telling me that a nine hundred dollars transaction through Square to me was disputed and I should click this link to go find out about it.
Speaker 1: Well, that's it.
Speaker 13: I don't use squear.
Speaker 1: I I don't tell you.
Speaker 5: I didn't.
Speaker 13: I'm not expecting a nine hundred dollars payment from anyone for anything, so.
Speaker 3: I know I've gotten those too. It's like that's a software that I don't even use. What the hell?
Speaker 13: But to the naked eye, very realistic looking. The branding was right on because it's easy for them to do, and you know they they know they're going to hit some people that you swear they know they'll hit some people that are like, well, what is this? Maybe I should look into this, Maybe this is some sort of fraud being perpetrated on me, And yes it is. It's not the payment dispute. It's trying to get you to click that link.
Speaker 3: Well, and Eric says Amazon will absolutely text you when it's about your delivery. They will text you. But I wouldn't click on anything, even if Amazon legitimately texted it to me. I'm not setting clicking it, period, end of story. I don't care if the driver's on his way right if I got to deliver it.
Speaker 13: If I got a text that purported to be from Amazon about some order, I would do what you said before.
Speaker 1: I would go to Amazon dot Com.
Speaker 13: I would log in, I would go to orders, and I would let Amazon's website where again their app if you've used it, I would let them tell me what the status of the order is. Because it I just can't stress enough. It is so simple to send a bogus text or email message and make it look incredibly realistic. You know, with text you only have limited limited capability in terms of the content you're sending. Anyway, which in my opinion, makes it even easier for them to scam you and harder to tell that it's a scam because there's not as much information to work with to the naked eye, and you can't really dig into it like you could an email on a computer. So well, always be skeptical and go to whether it's Amazon, Walmart, target, whatever, you go, log into their websites yourself. Yeah, and check on the order status.
Speaker 3: And even if it's excitement and urgency that you better hurry up and do it. How long does it take to just go Amazon dot com and log into your account? I mean, is it going to disappear before that amount of time?
Speaker 1: I doubt it.
Speaker 3: And if it suggests, if it suggests that it will disappear in that amount of time, I think you know that you have been delivered something. This nefarious something. I got to ask you because it's mentioned in the article that you provided. You mentioned that we're you know, one hundred and twenty thousand fake sites related to Amazon. It says twenty one thousand fake Amazon websites attempting to install malware. Now, can you have malware installed just by clicking on a website?
Speaker 13: You sure could because when you click a link, it could take you to a page that in the background downloads some sort of malicious packets or a keystroke blog or ransomware or something like that.
Speaker 3: But if you have cookie blocking and all those those blocks in place on your computer, can you avoid that from happening?
Speaker 13: Uh, it just depends. Probably not. Most people are not going to have the security settings turned onto their browser to prevent something like that by default. I mean, there are ways where you could potentially reduce the likelihood of that, But also keep in mind, Brian, if they're crafty enough, you know, you might be clicking a link to check on your order status or something, and it pulls up something that looks like an invoice or whatever, and in the background it's downloading some malicious ransomware, keystroke blogger or you know, something like that.
Speaker 3: But that applies more broadly to literally any Internet related activity then it does.
Speaker 1: It does.
Speaker 13: I mean, again, you need to be This is why you need to have tools installed that it's to like DNS filtering, which attempts to stop you from going to known malicious sites, although it's you know, not one hundred percent effective because new ones pop up every second as we see here in this article one hundred and twenty thousand new websites in two months. If a new malicious website is set up by the bad guys in ten minutes from the time we talk, your your filtering software is not going to know about it yet, right, So you can't just assume that's going to block everything. You need to have good anti virus slash endpoint protection software on your devices, you know, multilayer defense. You need software tools that are trying to keep you from getting to this bad stuff, trying to filter the bad stuff out, spam filters and so forth. And then but at the end of the day, because they're very crafty and they will have workarounds for a lot of this stuff, including I just set something up ten minutes ago send down one hundred million emails. No one is going to know this is malicious yet, right, And that's where the human element always comes back in and having a dose of skepticism, taking it breath moving slowly, using trusted sources and sites like the Amazon app on your phone or the Amazon website.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 13: If you if you slow down think about it, you're always skeptical and you always go back to the source the likelihood of you'd be geting scammed is very slim.
Speaker 3: Tech Friday Day have had our intrust it dot com as you find Dave and the crew. If you got a business, we know you have computers you need. Dave and the crew business carrierss are the best in the business and we of course enjoy you coming on the fifty five KRC Morning Show and keeping us out of trouble every week. Dave, I'll look forward to another discussion with you on Friday.
Speaker 1: Seven five at fifty five kr CD talk station. I had a very happy Tuesday the insights scoop of bright Bard News.
Speaker 3: In one hour, we'll talk to the Texas Border Porter Randy Clark on the Texas floods and the Daniel Davis deep dive, will the additional weapons we are now sending to you after pausing them and do any Good among other topics with him in the meantime, Welcome back to the fifty five Carsey Morning Show. Help support his campaign. Coreybowman dot com is where you find him. Welcome back, hopefully the next mayor of the City of Cincinnati, Cory Bowman. It's great to have you on the show this morning.
Speaker 10: Brian it's awesome to be here.
Speaker 3: Thank you, and it's awesome to be you and your wife Jordan. Congratulations. I guess yesterday was the big day for the delivery of Ezra Ray Bowman.
Speaker 8: Yes, thank you so much.
Speaker 10: We just had our fourth child yesterday morning.
Speaker 3: And beautiful pictures. Obviously, he's a cute baby. All babies are cute. And everybody's doing well.
Speaker 12: I know about that, but healthy, very healthy. Yeah, the baby and mom are perfectly healthy and happy and we're enjoying it.
Speaker 3: That's wonderful. So congratulations to you on the new addition to your household. All right, let's start with just generally speaking, how's the campaign going and people helping you out. I know you've got an event coming up next Monday. You might want to tell folks about that one too, because there's an opportunity for them to help out.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean for anybody that knows their story. We made the decision really in February to get involved in this race, and this is our first political race.
Speaker 10: But we've had great momentum.
Speaker 12: Great strategy on that, and so we have a big fundraiser that's actually coming up on July fourteenth downtown Cincinnati.
Speaker 10: You can go to our website Corey Bowman dot.
Speaker 12: Com and get all the information there. And that's that you could be a part of really helping our campaign make the biggest impact going into November.
Speaker 1: And I see that brad Winstrop's going to be there.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 12: So the last person to do it as far as running for mayor Cincinnati as a Republican was in two thousand and nine, and that was doctor brad Winstrip And he's a great man. I've had many conversations with him. He's got great insight on how to run this race awkwerly and so I asked him that he would consider being a part of our first big event.
Speaker 3: He said, yes, Oh that's great. I'm glad he's helping you out. He does it obviously, he's run multiple races before and he did come close when he ran for mayor.
Speaker 1: He came close.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and you know, we hadn't had a Republican mayor actually since I believe this nineteen seventy nine, nineteen eighty was the original base, but last person to run in two thousand and nine. When you look at that race, he did come fairly close, and through that it opened up the doors for a lot of different policies and different mindsets to come in the city. And so I was very encouraged by our conversations and once get I'm very happy to work with them.
Speaker 3: Well, and you live in the West End, so you probably see it firsthand. We have a serious crime problem in downtown Cincinnati. It seems like it's getting worse and worse. Of course, with the summer months and the humidity and tech temperatures running high and flaring that that's kind of a thing. It's sort of generally recognized, but the city of Cincinnati, it just seems to be getting so much worse. I had FOP President Ken Cobra on yesterday talking about it, followed by Christopher Smithman who was talking about it, and it was an interesting statement. There was just the other day a fourteen year old boy shot dead in Avondel happened yesterday. WCPO interviewed Bishop Ennis Tate, who had this statement. He said, it's literally a public health issue and the spirit of violence is contagious. If we treated this gun violence as seriously as we did COVID, it will be a different outcome for our city. And I was thinking to myself because both FOP president Ken Cobra and Christopher Smithmen were both complaining about the deafening silence from the mayor's office and council on this violence that's going on. They don't speak a word about supporting the police or encouraging communities to engage with and help the police find the bad guys and prevent violence. That's what was done during COVID. Elected officials took it very seriously or out literally every day telling us what we could do and could not do. It was a twenty four to seven news cycle involving nothing but COVID, COVID, COVID from elected officials. You would think, given the gravity of the problem in the city with violence, that we might get some something out of the administration. But nothing. I mean, how do you what's your reaction to that? Is that your perception?
Speaker 12: Corey Bowman, Well, no, I think it's funny that you mentioned that, because actually the biggest thing that helped that motivated us to start our church was all the things that was happening during COVID, Because if we learned anything from COVID, it was the importance of your local leadership and your local city government.
Speaker 10: Because during that time.
Speaker 12: There were so many mandates and so many things that was actually going against the rights of people, but they were taking it very seriously because it was seen as a very big social issue.
Speaker 10: Well, then we've got.
Speaker 12: This thing that is actually impacting our streets on.
Speaker 10: A daily basis.
Speaker 12: You've got, like you said, a fourteen year ol kid gets shot. But then we don't hear anything from it. It's because the political correctness of everything might not be in the handbook right now, and they're trying to figure out what to do. But we've got to take action right now. And it's not even about being reactive right now. This is something that if you live downtown, if you lived anywhere close to the city, then you saw this coming. Even in winter and springtime. There were so many people that were warning that this once the weather was going to get warmer, that this was going to happen based on what they were seeing in the city. And they were doing what they thought they could do when it came to the Act, Cincinnati programs or whatever. But the reality of it is that they're not taking the right approach when it comes to decreasing crime in our city.
Speaker 3: Well, what approach would Corey Bowman take? I know one of the problems in the frustrations expressed by Ken Kober, the FOP president, was you know, we do have a curfew, and we've got these roving gangs of teens that outnumber people and threaten people and commit acts of i'm in violence, generally making the downtown area kind of like a very unwelcoming environment and frightening people away. Like you want to go to Rubi's for dinner, No, because at seven o'clock dinner reservation means I'm not going to get done till maybe nine or nine point thirty, perhaps even ten o'clock, and you don't want to be walking around down there at that late.
Speaker 1: Hour, I'm afraid. So you've got that.
Speaker 3: But then, as Ken pointed out, if we pick someone up and arrest them for violating the curfew, they don't even prosecute them. The minute the magistrates will just dismiss the case. They will be left back out on the streets, no record, no no consequences. I mean, there's a problem in and of itself. The police can issue tickets and arrest people, but there's apparently no follow through on the judicial end of it.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Well, whenever you look at what's going on in our city. A lot of people want to look at the police department and want to look at certain individuals, but this comes from the top down. This is a culture that they've set and that they've put the morale of our police officers at the lowest level it could. What's happening right now is that because the month of June, crime was spiking like crazy, and even in our coffee shop on my phone, I was on the phone with cops on a regular basis just trying to figure out and learn what's the morale.
Speaker 10: What's the situation going on within the police department.
Speaker 12: And there was a general consensus from talking with multiple police officers, not just heads, but I mean I'm talking about beat cops and those that are doing the everyday work, and the general consensus is they're not happy with the support from their local government. They're not happy with the support or even the enforcement from the prosecutors like you were talking about. They feel like that they're not supported as far as if they were to make arrests or if they are to do certain things to do their job, that they wouldn't have the full backing of their city leaders. And then when it comes to the propecuting. Yeah, it's a revolving door of criminals.
Speaker 10: That go in and then they go out and they do the same things.
Speaker 12: And so a lot of officers don't even see the point of it, because what's the point of booking somebody that's going to be right back on the streets doing the same thing the very next week. And so this is from the top down, and these are things that have to change. Our police officers love our city. Our police officers want to protect and serve our state. That's why they got into the job. But right now you're seeing officers, even at a rapid pace, they're saying that, hey, when retirement comes up, you know, I'm out because there's no way that we're going to subject ourselves to this on a regular basis.
Speaker 3: Well, and I think it's worse than that. According to to Ken, people are retiring early. They're just saying, no the hell, I'm not even going to go through the drop program, which benefits those officers who make it through the DROP program a lot in terms of finances and their pension payment. So if they're not willing to stick it out to their own financial benefit, that means that's a bad sign, right, there cor.
Speaker 12: No it is, and so you have to start like day one, you asked what would we do different as being the mayor.
Speaker 10: Well, first off, I would say.
Speaker 12: That this needs to be done right now. It doesn't just need to be done after a November election. There's lives on the line right now. They're doing things to try to help. They've actually implemented lateral hiring and a bunch of other.
Speaker 10: Things that they're trying to decrease the crime.
Speaker 12: But I think the number one is that the police officers have to feel like the city has.
Speaker 10: Their best, whether it be through whether it be through press.
Speaker 12: Conferences, whether it be through social posts, whatever it is. They have to know that the police officers are getting the support and the backing from their city officials.
Speaker 10: And then when it comes to their.
Speaker 12: Everyday job, you've got to untie the hands of the police officers and you got to let them.
Speaker 10: Do their job.
Speaker 12: And then from the proftscuer standpoint, you've got to put you got to put a very big encourage on the profitscuers and say we have to have harsher sentences.
Speaker 8: We've got to be able to enforce these laws.
Speaker 12: Because you can say, hey, we're implementing this policy.
Speaker 10: We're implementing this, but.
Speaker 12: There's no consequences to it, and so yeah, on the surface, it looks like you're trying, but from the background of it all, it's not doing any good because people are just going through that revolving door again.
Speaker 3: All right, pause, We'll bring Corey back for some more thoughts and ideas about the crime problem and other ideas in the city of Cincinnati seven sixteen. Right now, an opportunity for me to mention well QC Kinetics folks out there experiencing pain, the arthritic pain, knee, hip, shoulder, and you've done the cycles of steroid shots and you know that goes away, and you're talking about surgery with your doctor, and you know what, that's going to be a lot of downtime, physical therapy, no genuine answer to whether or not it's going to actually help. That's a big leap right there. Why not go for a second opinion. QC Kinetics is offering a free consultation helping people well get their lives back together without more medications, without without going under the knife. They're the leader in regenerative medicine using treatment. It's like advanced cellular therapy and platelet rich plasma using your body's own natural healing properties to help your body heel itself injected right there where that pain is. These cellular level of treatments contain growth factors and healing properties to maximize your body's ability to heal itself. Huge success rate. Ninety two percent of patients report satisfaction with the results. That's pretty significant. So it's truly working for folks just like you. So are you a good candidate? Why not take them up on the free consultation to find out? Call QC Kinetics and talk to them. Five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. Five one three eighty four seven zero zero one nine. That's five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio Station our iHeartRadio Music First Guarantee.
Speaker 3: Jenna nine says We're gonna have a muggy day to day, partly cloudy skies, Anahei have eighty six, muggy overnight with a low of seventy and some clouds. Muggy steaming tomorrow with the high of eighty four and partly thoudy skies. Possible scattered showers and storms partly Thoudy and Muggy overnight sixty nine for the low Thursday's going to be cloudy and I have eighty seven and seventy one right now.
Speaker 1: Let's get a traffic.
Speaker 9: Updates from the UC Health at traffic centers. You see health has expert trauma care focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation.
Speaker 1: Learn more at.
Speaker 9: Ucehealth dot com. Earlier accident now cleared out eastbound Ronald Reagan Highway before seventy five. A little bit of stop and go traffics though still from Galbrat as it returns back to posted speeds that he sound like. I'm fifty five k rc the talk station.
Speaker 3: If you have KRCD talkstation, Corey Bowman from Arisincinnati. Core's on the line right now. You can go to Corey Bowman dot com, get your tickets for the event next Monday, the fundraiser, and learn more about his policies, platform and how to help him out. Oh look, the big donate today click so donate the Corey's campaign. There are choices to be made, and doing the same thing over and over again certainly doesn't appear to be going to be doing anything to better our so our situation with the crime in downtown. You know, talking with Smith Aman yesterday during the Smith event, Corey, I think he hit the nail on the head, I asked. I said, you know, Christopher, you live in one of the fifty two neighborhoods in the city. You interact with people in the various communities. I mean it's notably you know, like, for example, the African American or black community. He talks to folks, what do they really want insofar as policing. Are they against policing in their neighborhood. Do they think police are all terrible people? Or would they prefer a big police presence? He said, no, Overwhelmingly, it's the silent majority. They like the police, They want the police, they want safer neighborhoods. And yet the council members, you'd think they could tap into that phenomenon. If it's what people want, then be a representative for any representative situation here, which is what they're supposed to do, and tell people that they've got their back, Tell people that we want the police there. Tell people that we're hoping to approve public safety with greater police presence. All of that might resonate really well with the citizens of the city of Cincinnati who are struggling with the crime problem. As it turns out, though, his suggestion was that it's this is motivated out of the far left wing of the Democrat Party, who are the defund the police. Rethink the police folks. They are the loudest, squeakiest wheels in spite of the fact that they don't represent a majority of people who have to live around the crime and yet they show up to vote. You saw what ten percent of the citizens of the city Cincinnati showed up for the primary, and you know it was probably a whole bunch of these radical leftists that showed up in order to get votes. I guess you have to appeal to that group because you at least know they're going to show up at the ballot box, unlike I guess the rest of the citizens.
Speaker 1: What's your take on that, in Natty feel Corey.
Speaker 12: Well, what I would say is that on it was actually last week, I was walking through the West End and we were doing a community outreach. This actually last month, we were doing a community outreach where we were doing giveaways.
Speaker 10: And we were just providing stuff.
Speaker 12: For the community, and I talked with the family that was on the side of the street. One of the mothers was there. She was selling something at a table and I go up to them and I'm not even promoting the campaign. I'm just promoting this outreach that we're doing because we want to be able to bless people. And as we're doing it, the lady looks at me and says, you're the one running for mayor right now.
Speaker 5: This is a.
Speaker 12: Family that lives in very low income area. And so there was two moms and there was probably about about seven kids overall.
Speaker 10: And one of them was a young gentleman. He was about seventeen years old. And they were there and they.
Speaker 12: Looked at me and they said, what are you going to do for our community.
Speaker 10: I looked at him, I said, well, what this community right.
Speaker 12: Needs right now is they need the gun firing. They need the crime to stop in this area. And they just nodded their head like into.
Speaker 8: He asked them.
Speaker 12: They said, we don't want the crime to be hitting our children and affecting us like what it's been.
Speaker 10: And then I started.
Speaker 12: Talking to them about when it came to having a hand up instead of a handout, and we've got to be able to provide jobs and programs that not just keep people in poverty, but they've got to be able to lift people up. And we got to give young men like this, I'm pointing to the gentleman right there. I said, we got to give him an opportunity to not only live in a neighborhood that isn't affected by this crime, but we got to give him an opportunity to if he wants to get married, have kids, and get into how and get into a job to where he's able to move out of this situation. And they started balling their eyes out.
Speaker 10: And they said, you've got our vote.
Speaker 12: That's exactly what our city needs. And I started going through the practical processes of them too. But I talk with people NonStop, especially in the West End, and the general consensus of the community is they don't want this crime, they want the police to be involved, They feel forgotten about. But like what you said, the people that are the most radicalized are the ones that are more active in these voting situations.
Speaker 10: And we've got to change that. We not only have to ignite.
Speaker 12: The conservative base and the people that we know agree with us, but we've got to turn the hearts of the people in the communities around to say hey, we're for you. And I really believe that we're going to have record turnouts for the vote in November because of.
Speaker 1: This, I hope.
Speaker 3: So when you got that coupled with the right to choose your own destiny in any given neighborhood in terms of development, I think that's a winner for you because you're in favor of local decision making when it comes to that, unlike the city foisting upon Hyde Park or Bond Hill or any other neighborhood. It's vision of the future and what can and cannot be developed. So a lot of great talking points, a lot of great campaign issues for you, Corey, and I can only you know, hope and pray that people pay attention to realize you know, you do have a choice. Why keep doing the same thing over again. If you're unhappy with the current situation, you know who is responsible for it, So change course. Corey Bowman dot com is hey you help Corey out.
Speaker 1: Corey.
Speaker 3: Wish you best of luck on the fundraiser on Monday, and encourage my listeners to participate in that, whether or not they live in the city. What happens in the city has wide ranging, far reaching implications for everybody, even in the entire Hamilton County area, but also northern Kentucky and the surrounding county. So let's push him in the right direction and help Corey out. Corey, You're always welcome on the Morning show. And again, congratulations on the birth of your your your new son, Ezra. That's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 12: Hey, thank you so much, and as always, thank you for having me. It's a privilege being on.
Speaker 3: It's a pleasure, man, I really get. I can get some sense of optimism for the city when I talk to you. So best of luck, brother, Corey Bowman dot Com seven twenty six. Right now, if you have k CD talk station USA installation, a great phone call to make get a free inspection free quote. Yeah, it's humid and it's hot out there. Your EC's fighting an uphill battle and it cannot win if you don't have insulation in the extra walls of your home, or if you're under insulated. I would like to point out that was the case with my daughter in late seventies. Build R twelve deteriorated. It doesn't have even the insulated capacity of a brand new R twelve add the foam made in Ohio, the highest R value phone in the market, and it does wonders to keep your house more comfortable. They've rarely run their air conditioning since the phone went in the wall. And it does save energy. So if you are using your AC, you're gonna save money every month, so much so that you may save more than the monthly cost of the insulation, which is only ninety nine dollars a month interest free. It's a great opportunity to improve the health, prove the comfort of your home, and save heap loads of money. Plus once it's paid off, it continues to deliver on that investment, a guaranteed return on investment with comfort and savings. Learn more online at USA Insulation dot net. Call them up for that free quote and inspection. Five one three three eight one three sixty two sixty five one three three eight one Foam.
Speaker 1: Fifty five far the tox to come.
Speaker 3: Gota nine first one to weatherforcash and muggy, Muggy, Muggy, muggy, let us see here in addition being muggy, it's gonna be partly cloudy today and high of eighty six remains muggy overnight a low of seventy partly thiny skis another partly thirty day Tomorrow, a couple with possible scattered showers and storms. Muggy eighty four, muggy overnight sixty nine with some clowns, and a cloudy Thursday with a high of eighty seven seventy one. Right now, traffic time.
Speaker 9: From the UCE Health Traffic Center. You see health that's expert trauma care focusing on prevention, treating injuries, in supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation. Learn more at u sehealth dot com. Still some slowdowns east found on Ronald Raken Highway between Wenton Road and seventy five. That is an earlier accident. It's still cleared away, the traffic returning to posted speeds and northbound seventy one seventy five slow traffic from Dixie Highway to twelve on that He's like on fifty five KRCD talk station.
Speaker 3: Seven thirty up to seven thirty one. I think about KERCDE talk station. Fund lines are open. Maybe you got a comment about something Corey said or some other topic.
Speaker 1: Do you want to go over?
Speaker 3: Five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk PUN five fifty on at and T Funds. Since I did mention Christopher Smithman a couple of times with his smith event on the topic of crime and the deafening silence from the mayor and the council members. You can check out the smith event online at fifty five care sea dot com. Also conversation along the same lines with FOP President Ken Cober and it's a sad, sad reality and viviting over to local story, He's got a fourteen year old boy dad. Happened uh yesterday morning in Avondale. According to the Coroner's Office. Police set officers showed up as a after a spot shooter report eight hundred block of Hutchins Avenue about one o'clock in the morning. They located the boy who had been shot, taken to the hospital but later pronounced dead. The boy tak Kwan Jones, Alexander. Police said a second person showed up at the hospital after the shooting, but it's not clear whether that's a related crime. To WCPOS Grace Hamilton reporting, thank you Grace, and I mentioned she spoke with Bishop Mistate. He apparently worked with this boy, Jones Alexander briefly and when he was younger, as a part of community outreach which works to tackle the root cause of gun violence and let children know that there are options.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 3: It's a perfect example of when you touch a young person's life and in a short period of time it can turn around in a different way. It's literally a public health issue, he said, and the spirit of violence is contagious. If we treated this gun violence as seriously as we did, COVID, it would be a different outcome in our city. Yeah, and I'll double down to what I said to Corey. Yeah, COVID, these elected officials, the mayor, and the council members would all be running around telling you how serious things were, to mask up, to stay at home, to social distance every single day. They should be doing the same thing in support of this insane police department in an effort to deal with this violence problem we had.
Speaker 1: They said.
Speaker 3: Many of the kids are in survival mode and acting based upon what they know.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 3: He always works towards improvement on the gun violence issue. Communities need to address the root causes, which he claims of poverty and homelessness, that they need to work together. Yes, and they also need to work with the police. And if they know where one of these hidden guns is, and I always kind I just scratched my head. You know, as a firearms owner, I know how expensive they can be. So you're gonna spend about four hundred maybe five hundred dollars to get you know, the favorite gun on the street, the glock. I don't know how a fourteen year old comes up with one, Joe, when you were fourteen years old, did you have four hundred plus dollars laying around that you could purchase a firearm all the time? Yeah, and when you went to buy one, they never carded you or made you go through an FFL background check and didn't tell you that. Well, by the way, you're not old enough to even own one of these things. So clearly they're getting them from someone. And I've learned time and time again because we've had the organization on the program, there are ways to get those off this So if you're in any given neighborhood, an you know where that hidden gun is because it's like a lending library. They hide him in a special place. When it comes time for you to need one, and I use that word loosely as if they really truly needed one. They borrow it, use it, and then put it back. So there's one step that members of the community can tape call and drop a dime.
Speaker 1: And work with police.
Speaker 3: You got a tip, your son or your daughter perhaps is an involved in crime or as contacts with the criminal element, let the police know, work with them.
Speaker 1: Word it'll get out and maybe it'll reduce the violence.
Speaker 3: Emilon Kenny says, it is going to keep tabs on about it has to keep tabs on a three thousand, roughly people on adult probation on any given day, and now the Probation department is reorganizing the system to keep track of them. Maybe because people aren't being followed when they're supposed to have ankle monitors on. Maybe director of the County is Adult Probation Department says she stands by the risk based supervision model, which relies on state scoring system that uses several factors like an inmate's criminal history to determine how much supervision he or she needs.
Speaker 1: Hamilton kind of Adult Probation.
Speaker 3: Director Tanya Tiana Johnson, speaking with Mike Shell of Fox nineteen, Community Safety is our highest priority. We would not do anything that would compromise community safety.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Sarah Herringer, you may remember her her husband was stabbed in their own home. She said she has no choice to become an advocate to monitor the Adult Probation department. On June fourth, my husband was murdered in our home by someone who was in the PRC prole program and had gone a wall. Her husband Patrick, stabbed to death in their home and over the rhine. Ordisha Black the man who's on parole from the state prison and charge with Patrick's murder after he cut off his ankle monitor and went missing for several months. Sarah Harringer, there is no one that has more skin in the game than me at this point for wanting to hold these systems accountable for reform, to make sure that it doesn't happen to another family. As for Gianna Johnson, the Adult Probation director, she says, under the model, all the county Adult Probation field offices will be closed. Right now, we have twelve officers assigned to the various neighborhoods and that number will be reduced to six field officers assigned to nothing but fieldwork, not case management of any sort.
Speaker 1: Does that sound good? Said?
Speaker 3: The other six officers would deliver what is called intensive services and serve as a backup for the field officers conducting visits. Johnson said the field probation officers will work out of eight hundred Broadway. This is an approach to ensure effective supervision and swift effective interactions with our probationers as needed. Aarringer expects skepticism, but a little hope too, to really make sure that this program is going to be effective. Again, it's not just a reorganization and optics they're after, Johnson said, We're not cutting back on services. We're not diminishing our present within the community. In fact, what we're doing is stepping into a smarter, wiser, more efficient, more responsive approach to community supervision. H keep your fingers crossed, folks, seven thirty six coming up at seven thirty seven. Feel free to call if you got a comment. I'll be a moment here. Let me mention Colin Electric though Cullen CEE U L L E N online. You find Colin Electric at Cullenelectric Cincinnati dot com. Outstanding customer service delivered by Colin Electric. Seen it in action so many times over the years, with all the electric projects they've done for me, lots of very satisfied customers. In fact, I had a group text message the other day talking about electricians and I had mentioned Cullen and one of my buddies said, oh, yeah, Colin does great work, so he knows too. You get a ten year wiring warranty on anything they do in your home, whether it's a simple outlet install or rewiring the whole home to get rid of the old aluminum wiring, or nob and tube wiring. They wired up my whole house generator. Trust me, you're in the right hands with Cullen Electric. The people with the right connections reach them at five one three two two seven four one one two A plus with a better business bureau five one three two two seven four one one two again online Cullenelectric Cincinnati dot com.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 13: Want a sneak peek at this year's sys HI Channel nine.
Speaker 3: Since the following a by the weather, partly cloudy day to day, very muggy high of eighty six, going to be remain muggy overnight, Partly cloudy and dropping to seventy eighty four of the high tomorrow maydy scattered showers and storms. Definitely very humid and partly cloudy. Partly cloudy overnight again muggy and sixty nine.
Speaker 1: For the Wealth.
Speaker 3: No m word mentioned on Thursday, but that you say it's going to be cloudy with a high of eighty seven seventy one degrees.
Speaker 1: Right now, it's time for traffic updates.
Speaker 9: From the u SEE Health Traffic Center. You see health as expert trauma care, focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation. Learn more ucehealth dot com. Seeing some slow traffic along northbound seventy one seventy five between Donaldson and Twelfth Street, A five minute to lay in a minute or two, we're the DeLay's northbound fourth seventy one from Memorial Parkway up to seventy one on that he's like on fifty five KRCD talk station.
Speaker 3: Seven forty two ifty five carsite talk station Happy Tuesday five one three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three help eight two three talk bound five fifty on eighteen and T phones and where that came from, uh, I know where it came from. Came from at text from Christopher Smith and he's been listening to the program this morning, and I appreciate that. Christopher shout out to you. He suggests asked the governor for help. Part of the solution to state highway patrol can increase patrols on state highways like Route fifty or Reading Route. And of course he did mention he and Joe Treker were going back and forth with comments on the crime situation. Council is on summer or break, and a reminder that the city council positions are considered part time jobs, even though they usually don't view them that way. But they can reconvene for an emergency, then call for an emergency session, get council together, and would you consider the crime and violence that's going on in the city of Cincinnati to be an emergency justifying them getting together? So maybe we could argue about that. But just because they're on break doesn't mean that they don't have access to local media, that they don't have access to their social media feed. They've all got them that they can still in spite of being on break, reach out to people in different ways and effectively communicate their support for the police and their outreach in terms of trying to get the communities to work with police and provide some measure of, you know, at least moral support for the declining morale police department that we're dealing with. I mean, I got the impression from Kenkovery yesterday they don't feel wanted or needed that you know, the police department is sort of a thorn in the side of the elected officials. That these silence from the elected officials in terms of support of the police is reflective of an attitude that they do not appreciate the police, and they're maybe all part of this whole defund rethink the police program, and considering they're using a substantial chunk of the money allocator for the sincein police department to send counselors on police runs, maybe reflective of exactly that by denying or ignoring that the problem exists means they don't have to take account for their leftist crazy policies that include defunding or rethinking the police department. And again, I'll go way beyond the police department. Someone's got to hold these judges accountable and give them a tongue lashing. You know, social media can be a real pressure for us, for the judiciary as well.
Speaker 1: Hmmm.
Speaker 3: Did they protest out a Justice Kavanaugh's house in the wake of the abortion decision and etc. Of course they did. I don't have had any impact on his decision making down the road, but clearly it has an impact. Boycotts have an impact sometimes, but social media pressure maybe.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: Listen, judges, we got crime out there. Our young people are running amok in the street. The police have no incentive to arrest them on the legitimate charge of violating curfew or even bigger crimes that they are caught committing. If you don't follow through and meet out punishment, then we're going to continue to have this downward spiraling problem. So wake up to the reality and start changing your attitude towards sentencing and bonds.
Speaker 1: Not much work.
Speaker 3: I don't know how much that could possibly do, but you know what, it would sure sound good. It would sure sound like those council members and the mayor are looking out for the population at large, not just some fringe element within the population that thinks that there shouldn't be any punishment for crime. That's part of the woke ideology, and it doesn't work. And so we're now living the aftermath of years of this being put in place, years of appointing liberal judges who don't believe in meeting on punishment, electing a left wing prosecutor. And I'm not sure how much Connie's done by way of prosecuting crimes, or if she has any connection with not moving forward with prosecutions. It could be that's a prosecutor standing in the room saying no, no, we really need to charge this kid and con victim of violating curfew. Whether or not that's happening. If you have a judge it's falling on deaf ears, then you're not going to get anywhere, which going back to the police is a disincentive for them to even do their job. And I got to ask this question out loud. If the police actually, you know, and I'm not saying they're not doing their job, but if they had incentive to do their job and have been doing their job and arresting these unruly kids are violating curfew or doing whatever else is they're doing, and they're not being overlooked. They're actually arresting them and citing them.
Speaker 1: How bad.
Speaker 3: Do you think the crime statistics would be. I mean, if they're bad right now, if all the criminal activity that the police are charged with dealing with actually resulted in an arrest, you can only imagine what the numbers would look like. Seven forty seven fifty five K CED talk station. Rhino's Shield. Love that Rhino Shield product. Wow, way way, way better than paint, so much so that you know, I wanted head to pull the trigger and got my daughter and her fiances a barn. They got this big barn and it looked awful. No offense to them, they bought it that way. But you know, young people on a budget, you know what, Rhinoshield, I'm advertising for them. That barn is going to look phenomenal and they'll never have to paint it again. Rhino Shield comes with a twenty five year guarantee no chipping, no flaking, no fading. It's got ceramic in it. It's ceramic coating, so it's not like you know, it's regular plain old pain and they do a lot of prep work to make sure this product affixes perfectly. So stripped off that old nastiness that was on the barn. It's painted as beautiful deep moss screen. So it looks wonderful with the landscaping. But you know what, go with one of the fifteen hundred colors Rhinoshield offers and never have to worry, never have to worry about painting again. That's the beauty of Rhinoshield. Get a free quote eight eight eight seven seven four four sixty six forty one eight eight eight seven four four sixty six forty one. Check it out. Learn more on the website. It's rhinoshield ky dot com, rhinoshield ky dot com.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 8: It's Champion Winnows.
Speaker 3: Here's your Channel nine first one on the forecast, It's going to be very humid today, partly cloudy skies ana high of eighty six, remaining humid over night, down to seventy with partly cloudy skies. Another muggy, human day tomorrow, maybe some scattered showers or storms popping in. Otherwise partly thotty with a high of eighty four. Muggy and partly cloudy overnight with a low of sixty nine and eighty seven high on Thursday with body skies seventy one degrees.
Speaker 1: Time for traffic update from.
Speaker 9: The uce Health Traffic Center u SEE Health as expert trauma care focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation. Learn more at u sehealth dot com. On southbound seventy five traffic slow between the Lachland Split and Town Street, looking at a five minute delay. Also going to find delays on four seventy one north found between Memorial Parkway and seventy one on that ezeak on fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty to two.
Speaker 3: I think about KERSD talk station Happy Tuesday inside scooping and bright part news, but the Texas flooding after the top of the hour news and the insanity from the Democrats and blaming Donald Trump for that. And as it turns out, the blame game centered around the number of meteorologists were on site there, and they're claiming that Donald Trump's budget cuts, which don't take effect until January of next year, somehow impacted the flood. Does the lack of meteorologists cause the flood to become worse? Boiled down? That's kind of the argument they're making. But no, in fact, they had double the meteorologists that they normally would have why because the flooding was predicted. Announcements went out twelve hours in advance, another announcement when it got to an emergency level, but that happened at four o'clock in the morning, when post most people were sleeping, and apparently communications, most notably at that summer camp where all the tragedy with the young people happened, probably didn't get the message. So they're just screaming, and it's because they have nothing to scream about. They don't have a policy to run on, and they're dealing with the aftermath of their own policies. It was an interesting New York Times report on Sunday talking about how they are now acknowledging day the Democrats that they failed in terms of border security. Now, people who were looking at conservative media early on in the Biden administration saw the hordes of people flowing across the borders, and they were all in to denial. Now it's not happening. Now, it's not that bad. Until we finally saw that we could believe our eyes and could believe the reports and did see the bus loads of people being shipped to places like that that had declared themselves sanctuary cities, and we did see those mayors in those cities complain about what Florida and Texas were doing. Blah blah blah blah blah. Yes, it was a real thing, and we're living now the aftermath of it. These ice raids wouldn't have happened, It wouldn't be necessary were it not for the failed border policies of the Biden administration. We are now dealing with the aftermath of a problem that they created. So what are they doing now? They're screaming about the remedy for the problem that they created. Representative in Sinde Gonzalez. He's a Democrat from Texas. This quota is saying, when you have the most Latino district in the country outside of Puerto Rico, vote for Trump. That should be a wake up call for the Democratic Party. New York Times are reported our highlight of the Gonzales witness President Trump win every count this is his words, win every county in his district along the border with Mexico. So this is a Democratic district that's been blue for over a century. Well, maybe they weren't happy with the reality of living on the border. Senator Reuben Galago Democrat out of Arizona said, the Democratic Party quote got led astray by the twenty sixteen and twenty twenty elections, and we just never moved back. And the report highlight of the fact that during the twenty twenty Democratic primary to debate, every candidate, I think, with the exception of one, raised their hand in support of decriminalizing illegal border crossings. They did it to themselves. Now they're moving in a different direction. Consulting with the Center for American Progress, described as a left wing think tank, the organization calling for expanding legal immigration, but also for ramping up border security and clamping down an abuse in the nation's asylent system. Oh, you mean those longtime Republican priorities, priorities that Donald Trump ran on. That's what you're going to pivot over to. Well, it's obviously very popular with the American people. You realize, maybe a little bit too late in the game, you're on the wrong side of the ledger. You've seen the polling over and over again. People of all political stripes want to crack down on this. We want to prevent it from happening, and we're happy with crazy criminal types being rounded up and sent out of the country near at tandem the president and CEO of this liberal organization Center for American Progress. But the way we're going to be able to to do that, meaning fix the problem, is to also honestly assess that the border has been too insecure, that it allowed too many people to come through, and that we need to fix that. Wow, you call that a come to Jesus moment. Maybe seven fifty six fifty five krs. The talk station inside scoop with Bright Bart News Texas Border reporter Randy Clark on the Texas floods. Daniel Davis deep dive at eight thirty on of course Russia, Ukraine, Iran and the Huthi's launching missiles out of Yemen. That'll be up next.
Speaker 1: You will be called the twelve Day War. I suppose that's what we were nicknaming it already.
Speaker 12: Another updates at the top of the hour, the use of military force.
Speaker 1: Fifty five kr.
Speaker 3: See the talk station for what's developing.
Speaker 12: This is just developing out of the Middle East now right.
Speaker 6: Now it's developing.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC. The talk station eight O five A fifty five Karsee the talk station. Brion Thomas here always looking forward to this time the week because we get to talk to breit Bart get the inside Scoopers would like to call it from bright Bart News, b R E I T B a art dot com book market. I always like to start out with a suggestion you do that you'll be glad you did take me up on that advice, because you'll be reading at least stuff about Texas and the Texas border with my guest Randy Clark, who is the bright Bart News Texas border reporter. Randy, welcome back to the Morning show. It's always a pleasure having you on.
Speaker 14: Good Morning, Brian, Thank you for having me.
Speaker 3: Looks like we're pivoting away from the border itself for the border related issues to talk about the floods, which of course dominating the news. What an absolute, outright tragedy and almost even more tragic, and I don't say that too seriously, the fact that Democrats are blaming Donald Trump for the death of these young people and the others who perished in the flash floods. I just beside myself in disbelief that they would go that low, but that's what they do.
Speaker 14: Yes, it's a sad situation, and that just compounds it. You know what we know right now. As of late last night, we've got one hundred and four deaths in six counties there in the central part of Texas. The worst hit was Curville, where there's eighty four deaths. Many of them were children from some of these camps. So this was the perfect storm. It was the worst day of the year for this to happen, and obviously the hour of the day it hit between three and five am on July fourth, when most folks were asleep and we turned cell phones off or or you know, we just get so many alerts during the day, we just tire of that. So a lot of effort went into notifying people as far as information that came out from the National Weather Service, but a lot of that came out as this became more imminent after right shortly before midnight, and then shortly after midnight. So but you're right, the miseries compounded by what we're seeing not only from you know, the left, but also from some members of the media who show up, you know, to these press conferences that are designed to provide some information to the public by county officials and city officials, and in some cases it appears they're being heckled more than they are being asked questions at times, So it has become politicized unfortunately many instances, you know, in today's day and age.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you're right about your observation in terms of the time that there's like there's a warning, there is you know, alerts that go out. There's sort of gradual, Hey, we might expect some flooding, be aware that there is a potential for flooding, and then it moves over to what an outright emergency where yes, it's flooding, get the hell out or and all those came in over time. Twelve hours was the beginning of the notices, and that was of course during the day. Obviously people were in a position to be able to get that information. But in the middle of the night, four am when you send out the emergency alert, I understand not only were obviously people asleep, but this was in a low communication area in terms of cell phone connections and the like, so it's possible that they may be didn't get an alert.
Speaker 14: That's correct. And some of the camps, they you know, they pull the cell phones from the children attending, you know, for good reason, because they're there for you know, wholesome activities and kind of get away from that. Yes, right, camps are Christian camps and you know, and the adults are watching over them. You know, the camp there was most impacted camp missed it. Their director, you know, this camp's been in their family since nineteen thirty nine, lost his life trying to save these poor children. And so it's just a tragedy. But that tells you the likelihood of a flood event like this happening. That camp was established in nineteen twenty six. We've had ex presidents Lyndon Baines Johnson send his daughters there. Laura Bush worked.
Speaker 5: There as a camp counselor. So it's a prominent place. They wouldn't put the children in harms way on purpose. We know that.
Speaker 14: So to politicize it, it's absolutely despicable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and hindsight, of course, is twenty twenty. I've read an article in fact on Breitbart, a discussion with Kirk County Judge Rob Kelly, who apparently has property that was impacted. Kelly, the county's top elected official, edited that a flood warning sirens system was in consideration to be placed along the now devastated Guadalupe River before he was in office, about six years ago, but it was never executed. He's quoted to saying we've looked into it before, but the public reeled at the cost. So there was some reason and a motivation to talk about a public alert system because this has happened before in that particular area, has it not well?
Speaker 14: So there have been floods all throughout the region. Right The Gualla Looupe is just only one river that traverses that area. You've got the Blanco, the Frio, the Medina. You've got tons of rivers in this hill country area. And where rainfalls impacts. What areas are going to flood, low lying areas, low water crossings on tiny roadways, you know, they're subject to flooding almost with any amount of rain. The last major event was in nineteen eighty seven where a loss of life, you know, close to this occurred. Ten children from a camp were lost when they were trying to evacuate. So the second guessing, if you put an alarm system and you start moving children in a big storm like this, you may lose some in the evacuation process if you get them out. There were seven hundred and fifty you know, girls at that camp, So you can imagine what it would take to evacuate those folks in short order, the chaos caused by that, getting buses in order and moving in on those roadways. The bridges were all but washed out to that camp, so if they would have tried to leave the area, they may have suffered. If they have gotten without shelter up on higher ground, you have lightning strikes. So this was just the perfect storm. And you know, we've got to look at this and decide. I think, you know, are people going to begin to ignore a siren that may go off two or three times a month and not materialize into flooding where they are at. That's human nature and that has to be looked at in the light of day. But when you do that, we need to leave politics at the door, when you go in to discuss this and come up and formulate a plan.
Speaker 1: No doubt about it. I thought.
Speaker 3: There was an interesting observation from Brian Stettler over at CNN. He he said, warning fatigue was being cited by quite a few experts as one of the causes of the disaster, and I don't necessarily draw a correlation between warning fatigue and the disaster. But insofar as he said, when everything is labeled extreme weather, nothing seems extreme anymore. And I think there's a good point to be made there, because you know, it's twenty four hour day shocking on news. You know, they even like the weather channels like, oh my god, we're all gonna die hurricane season. Yeah, there's like nine thousand predicted. Oh my god. And you know, they predict these dire weather events and quite often they don't manifest or materialize, and we're like, all right, there's another crazy warning. It's like the Boy who Cried Wolf. You know, at some point you're like done with it.
Speaker 14: Well, and we see that. We saw that happen with Hurricane Helene. You know, you get the warnings you don't think to happen, and it materializes. Look at Katrina, a complete and utter disaster. So it happens when you get the warning that materializes, and sometimes it's worse than what the warning is. But that's the tea comes from. Not just weather alerts, but you know, we get important amber alerts as well. So when you're dead asleep and that cell phone starts to go, often you've got to go to work, you're likely to just silence it because you're going to think, well, I'll look at this in a few hours when.
Speaker 5: I wake up.
Speaker 14: Well, that river rows, you know, near twenty nine feet in two hours. That is extremely significant. It's the second highest level it's ever achieved.
Speaker 3: Now, do they have like the civil defense sirens in the area there? Because I honestly, and I've said it before, I'll say it out loud again. We do a text segment every week on this program on Fridays, and one of the things I always say, you know, I don't pick up a phone if I don't recognize the number, I just let it go into voicemail. But in the middle of the night, I want to get a good night's sleep, so I keep my phone off. So someone's trying to reach me, they're not going to be able to. But I could be awakened by a civil defense sirens screaming and going off in the middle of the night. That's like a backup system for us. Is there anything like that in that general area?
Speaker 14: No, And that's what they were proposing, you know, to have added that was going to cost a million dollars, was actual audible sirens because in that river bottom and I experienced that watching you know, this unfold the following day, and you know, seeing the rescues come in and you get on that river bottom and even the authorities had to beg bar and steal to get some starlink apparatuses to get out in some of those areas because the towns are not gigantic towns. You move away from the city, that river stretches two hundred and thirty miles to the Gulf of America. Now, so if you move out of those cities yourself on coverage drops, if you move into that river bottom, which can be up to a quarter mile wide, that's it. You kind of lose signal in some of those spots.
Speaker 3: What also was overwhelming was just absence a volume of water. And now I've seen other floods before, and I'm always overwhelmed by the amount of water that can accumulate, But in the amount of time that it accumulated, I mean that it came out of nowhere and the river rose what twenty six feet in a matter of forty five minutes.
Speaker 14: Yes, And so that's why this was the perfect storm, because if that storm had dropped that water, you know, several miles to the east or the west, or just downriver of Kerrville by just a mile or two. We probably wouldn't be speaking right now because that water was directed into that particular waterway by two offshoots that feed into that Wadalupe River just upstream of Hunt. So it was the worst place, worst day, and the worst hour for it to happen. And being that the camp's been there since nineteen twenty six and in the same hand since nineteen thirty nine, tells you nobody expected since that day that this was going to endanger that many girls that were camped in that area.
Speaker 3: That's such a tragedy and lost. The life is now north of one hundred and there are still how many people missing at this point, Randy.
Speaker 14: Well, that's the big question.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 14: We know from the camp we've got ten girls and one councilor they still have folks that remain unidentified that they have recovered. So a lot of this area, especially along the wall A Lupe, the cities and towns like Kurbville, did not get you know, horribly damaged. It's what structures were on the river bottom, which mainly the camps and the RV so folks that may not have told their family. They were going to be at a particular park in that county. We don't know if they haven't shown up to work and that they're added to the missing, but you know, we suspect there's several dozen missing still and at least eleven from the camp, one councilor and ten campers.
Speaker 3: Well, and since you're familiar with the area, how difficult is it for first responders and search and rescue folks to get in there and scour the area? Is it difficult? Generally speaking? I figure if these camps have been there for that long, they have to be released somewhat readily accessible.
Speaker 14: Well, so they aren't in fair weather. When the roads aren't destroyed, you can get into Curval. It's off Kurveling Comfort sit right off byin so it's an easy drive from San Antonio sixty miles. Then you're going to be hoofing it on foot through that river bottom to conduct searches. But the searchers are in the water, in the air, on horseback. You name it. A multitude of federal agencies and that's the good that I witnessed the volunteers coming out. We've got fire Department from Mexico coming. I hear there's some coming from California to help. That's the good. But when you start getting towards Hunt and Ingram, some of those roads were damaged and they had to air drop supplies into those kids. The ones that survived a flood. There were eight hundred and fifty rescues just within the first twenty four hours.
Speaker 3: Wow, well, it's I appreciate your reporting on this and you're updating us on the situation. Randy Clark, boarder expert. Can I pivot it just for a brief moment here? What is the border crossings have virtually ended? I mean, the Trump administration has virtually has basically stopped people from getting gaining entrance into our country. Is there a noticeable like change of attitude improvement, a general up uplifting feeling in the general in the area based on the population and what they're experiencing.
Speaker 14: Now, yes, you don't hear very many border residents complaining that the border's not wide open. A lot of them have lost sleep for the last four years from the Texas Real Grand Valley all the way to San Diego, California. Yeah, so the morale is better on the border. Troll on the line. But if you see yesterday we had that nut attack one of the facilities for the bordertroll and McCallum Texas. You see what's happening in La with Mayor Karen Bass trying to shoe off the agents, and you know what's the officer was shot in Alvarado. So we're seeing the left creative situation that's almost as dangerous to the agents. That's what they were facing by an open border. But it is night and day for the residents. In some areas, they're less than five to ten crossings and places there used to be five thousand in a day. So it is night and day difference at the border. And it was all done with messaging and an effort to enforce the law.
Speaker 3: Well, Trump's certainly following through what he campaigned on a campaign in terms of shutting down the border that was wildly successful, even along the southern border. There was a New York Times article about that. I just commented some of the quotes from some of the Democratic representatives there that seemed like, oh my god, you know, we've been Democrat now forever. And look, Trump took all of the border counties and it was an amazing turnaround, so they're sort of having a come to Jesus moment on their position on border security, recognizing the vast majority of Americans want a crackdown on border security. Absolutely, I'll tell you what, it is always a pleasure talking with the Texas Border reporter Randy Clark. Thank you for the time you spent my listeners with me today. Keep up the great work at Breitbart. I'll look forward to another edition of the Inside Scoop next Tuesday. Take care of my friend.
Speaker 14: Thank you, Brian, have a wonderful day.
Speaker 1: Thanks you.
Speaker 3: It's eight nineteen right now, I fifty five KCD talk station. I get to mention Colin Electric Culin the outstanding electricians they are. They're all licensed. You don't have to worry about that. You get a ten year wiring warranty on literally anything Cullen does for your residence, simple project, complex project, anything in between. They've done all of those for me. The whole house generator that was a that was quite the wiring project from my perspective. I'm not an electrician, what do I know? But they've done all the canlights in our house. They rewired all of our bathrooms and we got the bathrooms remodeled. Always superior work done efficiently with a smile on their face. Customer service outstanding, which is why they enjoy an A plus with a better business barrow. So if you got a house, got an electric problem, call Culin. They pride themselves on their honest reputation. So the number five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two. Tom Brian said, Hi, please find the more online and you can think use schedule apployment online as well. Culen Electriccincinnati dot com fifty five KRC the talk station here it is.
Speaker 1: You're ten of nine, first morning one of the horre.
Speaker 3: Cast sticky, summing it up at a word, partly cloudys sky's day, very muggy high of eighty six, very humid, muggy overnight with partly cloudys sky's in a lotus seventy eighty four to the high tomorrow very cloudy and very human scattered showers of storms also a possibility sixty nine every night with partly cloudy skys and muggy conditions. Thursday described as cloudy in a high of eighty seven seventy one degrees time for ade traffic update from.
Speaker 9: The UCE Health Traffic Center. You see health as expert trauma care focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation. Learn more at u sehealth dot com. It's an excellent off on the right shoulder moved from the right lane on eastbound two seventy five at seventy five in Sharonville, northbound seventy one to seventy five. Disabled vehicle on the entrance ramp from to seventy five and Erlangerer on that he'zamach on fifty five KRCD talk station.
Speaker 3: Coming up on a twenty three fifty five KRCD talk station, Daniel Davis Deep dive coming up next. Will the new arms are going to be sending to Ukraine to have any impact at all on the conflict raging right now? Don'ta tend to think not. But Daniel Davis will address that among other topics with Daniel Davis and I mentioned this shift in strategy and policy that The New York Times highlighted the Democrats are going through and they've been working with their Democrat left wing think tank Center for American Progress, calling for expanded legal immigration, which a lot of people don't have any problem with. I don't have any problem with legal immigration as long as they're vetted, and you know, you have some sort of limitations, maybe green car limitations, time they can be here, maybe working towards citizenship and maybe a smoother path to citizenship. But legal immigration is a okay with me. But also talking about taking the position that we need to ramp up border security and clamp down to the abuse of the nation's asilence asylum system. Democrats are Democrats now leaning toward Republican you know, campaign promises and ideas, and if you think about it, because as I read La Mayor Karen Bass denouncing in the and in interfering with Ice who was doing a sweep for illegal immigrants in a gang plague area. Apparently this area they were canvassing and arresting people has a heavy MS thirteen influence. So you don't want gang members in your neighborhood, I presume. But during Biden's open border policies, when they all thought this was a grand and glorious idea, before the rest of the American American population figured out how bad it was and the impact on their cities, and their budgets and the strain on housing that this has created. It has exacerbated the housing problem. But there you are, as a sanctuary city mayor, free medical coverage, free college education, free housing, free food, free stuff, free things. Of course they're going to gravitate to your city. Now you're dealing with a problem of your own creation. You're backing off the idea of open borders and immediate amnesty for every illegal that comes in. That's a bad idea. It doesn't play well at the polls. It's the reason Donald Trump won all the border counties in Texas who were otherwise blue.
Speaker 14: Hmm.
Speaker 3: We can't cling to that principle anymore. But ICE is cleaning up the aftermath of your failed policies. So now you're gonna scream about that good luck deal with the gangs. I thought it was pretty particularly interesting, Ice, pointed out Border Patrol Chief Gary Bovino, the ICE official talking with Fox News. I don't work for Karen Bass. Better get used to us now, because this is going to be normal very soon. We will go anywhere anytime we want in Los Angeles. So obviously, the words of La Mayor Karen Bas falling on deaf ears insofar as ICE actually continuing to do its job. A twenty six fifty five K Steve Talk station that Daniel Davis Deep Dive coming up next. But first, a word for my friends who's at Low's camp across country mortgage whatever state you are in, including Puerto Rico, which I know is in a state, she can help you with the mortgage experience. She got more than thirty five years experience, the finest in customer service. I know that not only for a fact, but also because one of my listeners, Rob sent me an email talking about that he found out when he was working with her he had three open mortgages that were never released on his property. He's had his home paid for over a decade, so he's going to buy a new place. Mark working with Suzette, she solved the problem for him. Didn't even ask you to do it, he said. I've heard you heat praise on her, and today I want to tell you that if it was in my power, I would hold a parade and she would be on the lead float. Customer service is alive and thriving with Suzette and CCM.
Speaker 1: No kidding.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you took my advice Robin. I'm glad it worked out. So if you have any mortgage related need question refinancing, buying a new home, call Susette lows a Camp. She's working for you and she will find great rates at low cost, no application fees, no junk fees, and the best customer service in the business. Just ask Rob five one three three one three fifty one seventy six You get right back to you. You can send her an email as well. Suzette dot Low's Camp los e Kamp Suzette dot Low's Camp at CCM.
Speaker 1: Dot com fifty five KRC. For more information about consts. Here's your Channeline weather forecast.
Speaker 3: A lot of humidity going on here today Partly clotty, very muggy eighty six for the high or remain muggy overnight low seventy with partly cloudy skies eighty four, Yes, muggy and maybe scattered showers and storms.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow with a.
Speaker 3: High of eighty four partly cloudy sixty nine overnight muggy again, cloudy skies and a cloudy Thursday as well in high eighty seven seventy one degrees right now. If you have KERCD talk station Traffic.
Speaker 9: Time from the UC Health Traffic Center, you see health as Expert traumacare focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation. Learn more at UCHealth dot com. Northbound seventy five has got the lup lane block from an accident before Paddock Road. Looking at a five minute to laid back from Mitchell and eastbound two seventy five at seventy five and Sharon builds an accident off on the right shoulder. I'm at eazeek on fifty five k RCD talk station.
Speaker 1: Six point thirty right now.
Speaker 3: If you have CARCD talk station and always enjoy this time a week, get to talk to Daniel Davis, retired within a Colonel Daniel Davis with the Daniel Davis Deep Dive. You can find his podcast where you get your podcast. Welcome back, my friend. It's always a pleasure to haveing you on the show.
Speaker 1: Always a pleasure to be here.
Speaker 3: Brian can't wait forgive the camera angle chain. I came in here this morning and someone had shifted switched up the cameras and I'm not the tech guy, I have no idea how to get the camera back, so I'm kind of looking at you from a different angle. Apologies, but I can see you, and We've got a lot to talk about this morning. Let's start with Russia Ukraine. They had a Russia massive strike on Kiv the other day, and I know Trump's been trying to finagle some negotiations, Putins not necessarily cooperating. Trump then has a conversation with Zelensky, and after saying last week that we weren't going to be providing any additional arms, I wake up to find out that Trump is now resuming sending weapons to Ukraine. Question for you, Daniel Davis, after all the conversations we've had on this, can it do any good? Will additional weapons shipment's whatever they happen to be have an impact on the direction of this war, which is not going well for Ukraine.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's why I'm kind of scratching my head as well, because I thought the ideal that they should withhold the weapons was good a week ago when you and I last talked, Because look, there is a certain number of ammunition stockpiles, especially most importantly on interceptor missiles, air defense interceptor missiles.
Speaker 1: That's something that there is a certain number that.
Speaker 11: The United States has to keep in our stockpiles in the event that we get into a war, especially one that has to be sustained for some period of time. We've got to have enough to provide for our own national defense. Sean Parnell the Defense Department last week said that, hey, we did a review. Turns out that we're getting close to that. So we have to look out for the needs of America first and will help Ukraine as we can. And then all of a sudden last night, then the President completely changed his course when he was talking with reporters with Net and Yahoo over dinner and says, no, actually, now we're gonna go ahead and do it.
Speaker 14: Now.
Speaker 11: It's unclear exactly what that is because he specifically said defensive weapons. They need some help, but he didn't say what those weapons were. Is it is it defensive interceptor missiles, is it more artillery. It's unclear because they haven't specified what it was. Sean Parnell listed or issued a statement last not confirming what the President had said, but he also didn't say what the weapons were or anything else, So we don't know what that is, but I can tell you authoritatively, whatever they are, it's going to be in small numbers and it is absolutely not going to have any impact on the war at all. I mean, when we had everything in the world, especially in twenty twenty two, twenty twenty three for that offensive, if that didn't change the dynamic, This small trickle just to a slightly larger small trickle is also not going to change the term. So I'm not really sure what the objective is here.
Speaker 1: For the US.
Speaker 3: Well, the listed armaments, at least as report of the Wall Street Journal is start out Patriot anti missile interceptors, and we can That's what I want to focus on. But AM one twenty anti aircraft missiles, how it's arounds, AGM one fourteen hell Fires missiles to arm the hi Mars rocket launchers, Stinger anti tank missiles, and grenade launchers. But focusing on the Patriots, those are the defensive weapons. Those are the ones that shoot the rockets coming in from the foe. Now I seem to have read and correct me if I'm wrong. If you saw something different that there was expectation that Russia could maybe launch as many as a thousand rockets at Kiev or pick another target or area of targets. I mean, you're not going to send over a thousand Patriot missiles. I mean those things are multimillion dollars a pop. And the idea of shooting down that kind of barrage of missiles, it just seems like it's an impossible task.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, the claim is that there will be a thousand.
Speaker 11: There could be soon up to one thousand air air objects going towards Ukraine. So those combination drones and missiles, And what the Ukraine side has done is that they limit the air interceptor missiles only to like the kinsols or the cruise missiles, et cetera. They don't shoot them at the drones. Problem is you can't just ignore the drones because the drones are often sent to the missile batteries and if you don't take those things out, then you're not going to have them to shoot the missiles down later on, which is one of the Russian objectives.
Speaker 1: But the bigger issue is we don't have them.
Speaker 11: It's not even as important how much each of those interceptor missiles cost, and you're right there, very very expensive. But the problem is how many we have According to open source information. We produce maybe six hundred per year, and in that and a blast like this, you could use thirty, forty or even more interceptor missiles in one barrage. And you can see that's not going to last any time at all for the whole year. And we can't go down on our own stock pologer. We put our national security at risk. So I just don't know how you're going to.
Speaker 3: Square this circle. Well, what's your prediction for what happens next? If Phutan's not willing to sit down. I mean it was, Zelenski's all giddy with excitement about getting another arms shipment, but that doesn't solve the problem. It doesn't solve the problem of their manpower shortage, and it doesn't solve the problem of Russia making further and further inroads in the Ukraine territory.
Speaker 11: A couple of things that happened in the last week since you and I talked Julian and Urupka for the German journalist, who's probably one of the best cover in the war in the West. He's very pro Ukraine, but he admitted in an interview on the July first that Hey, I'm sorry, folks, but there are not enough Ukrainian men, he said, there are sometimes just a handful of men to defend an entire village, and the Russians have more men, and they have more bombs, they have more drones, etc. So they're able to take them methodically one after the other, even if it's slow.
Speaker 1: The Ukraine side can't stop them. That's the one issue.
Speaker 11: Then on the second side, you had just last night, you had Sergei Lavrov again say hey, look, we want to have a negotiated settlement.
Speaker 1: We're looking.
Speaker 11: We're inviting the Ukraine side to come back to the third round of direct talks, which they've had two up so far in this nimbool. But then he listed his conditions, which are just as draconing as they have ever been. Meanwhile, Russia has made more offensive operations and advancements in the area Pa Krowsk, and they have now resumed their offensive in the Assumi area and then also kind of in the northern Kupeyansk area, et cetera. So they are continuing to relentlessly onslaught move in as they say they want negotiated settlement, and you have the Ukraine side doesn't have enough manpower and they don't have enough ammunition to do anything on the battlefield, So, well, where's it going. Russia's gonna win the war if we don't have a negotiated settlement.
Speaker 3: That's well, and that's obviously from you have to give them props the Russians for having the strategic objective in their sight. Continue to pound away, you're winning. You're whittling down their troops to virtually nothing. They're running out of munitions, and that pushes us further and further to a point of capitulation where we get what we want. Draconian as our terms may be.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the point.
Speaker 11: And either they're gonna and they keep saying this and they've never said anything else. Quite frankly, they're either going to get it through a negotiated settlement, which are these draconian terms, right, or they're just gonna seize it on the battlefield and they're showing that they have the capacity.
Speaker 1: And believe me, Russia is able to read the newspapers too.
Speaker 11: They know how few ammunition or how little ammunition the Ukraine side, the Western side has to give, and they know that there are continuing to shrink the Ukraine army every day because it is clear that Ukraine is not able to force mobilize as many people as they lose on a daily basis, probably in the order of several thousand, and so that means every month their army is shrinking, and that diversity or that disparity that Julian Rupka noted, is only going to increase. And at some point, Brian, at some point there has to almost methodically mathematically, there must be a break somewhere, and then the Russians have hundreds of thousands of operational reserves that they can flood into a break if they find one.
Speaker 1: That's where we're at.
Speaker 3: Doesn't paint a very pretty picture, at least for Ukraine right now. Pivoting over to the Israel Iran situation, I see Iran basically cracking down on its people, confiscating cell phones, murdering or executing a lot of people that they believed to be friendly with Israel, perhaps spies.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: The graduate imagine the sweep is a little bit broader than people who are actually guilty of cooperating with Israel, but that seems in the direction they're going. I presume that the powers of Beer a little worried about a coup or perhaps like a military coup for example, or a popular uprising.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they are the.
Speaker 11: Issue with the surprise attack by Israel on the so called twelve day War, because it was predicated or started with Massad agents being physically inside the country and you know, firing these drones off, very similar to what the Ukraine side did to Russia a month or so ago and the bomber fleet.
Speaker 1: The Massad agents did the same thing.
Speaker 11: Well, they had to have some help on the ground, That much was very clear, and they had locations all over that had a much bigger effect than just a tactical help on the first couple of days of the war. Now has the Iranian regime and a panic, and so they were cracking down. And I actually had a conversation yesterday online with a friend of mine who has direct contacts in the Iranian side, and they're just in anguish, especially the Kurds, because the regime is using this opportunity to crack down on anyone's even suspected of anything. And they're definitely going way overward because they figure, look, let's just use a big net and that way we'll be sure to get the all of them, even if we get some people who aren't guilty, Yeah, whatever sucks to be done, but we're gonna do it. That seems to be their attitude, and the Iranians have to be careful with that because if they go too far on that, they could actually cause some of this simmering hatred toward their regime from the inside that could give it fuel. It remains to be seen, and this source who's been connected for many years and wants to see an uprising on inside says, so far it's not that far. It's not gone that direction because the opposition is not unified enough. But if you keep pushing pressure, you could create it.
Speaker 3: Just briefly before we part company today, Daniel Davis, a brief word or two on the Houthy's firing rockets at ships going off the coast. There, where is this going? And where do you see this ending? I mean, if I can even use that broad of a question for you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, there was another ship that was suck in the Red Sea, which the Houthi's claim was a ship going to that was helping Israel. It was from a company that already has one ship in a port at Israel. So that's the connection between the two here. But this just shows that despite what we did to the houthis the spot with the Israelis because they also lount another series of attacks against Houthie targets and some ports, et cetera. You're just not going to shut them down. They just are going to suffer and suck down whatever missiles you want to send. But they are committed to what they're doing and they're going to continue to fire at some lower level, but some level it is as they've been doing for a full decade already against the Saudia's, against us and against Israel. You're just not going to shut this down. Okay, real quick?
Speaker 1: To what end?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they have to want something, But if they're I mean they're if they're if they're in a shooting.
Speaker 11: War the hoodies, do they want the war against the the the Palestinians in Gaza to stop?
Speaker 1: They said, if you stop that, we stopped this one.
Speaker 11: And when we had the ceasefire last time, they did until we started attacking again. So if there is a ceasefire, if Trump is able to get a ceasfire with Nan Yahoo, as he says he may be within a week.
Speaker 1: Then that will also stop. Huh. Well, maybe there is a bright spot in this discussion. Daniel Davis.
Speaker 3: Daniel Davis Deep Dive every Tuesday here in the fifty five Cars Morning Show. Of course you can find his podcasts throughout the week. Daniel, always a pleasure having on the program Sir.
Speaker 1: My pleasure, my friends.
Speaker 3: See you next time, next Tuesday. It's a forty two right now, fifty five R see the talk station you mentioned Gaya Heaven Cemetery. Moving away from violence and war and all the just the awfulness that goes along with that, there is a place for tranquil, peaceful meditation, prayer, remembrance of your Gate of Heaven's Cemetery. Montgomery Road really easy to get to off at two seventy five. I drive past it every day on my way home and to work. It is absolutely beautiful. It's tranquil, the landscaping is perfect. It's ideal for prayer, reflection and remembrance. And that's what it's all about. There to affirm and remember that every stage of life is so important that of course is a final resting place for you or a loved one. It's an ideal choice. But if you just need a police to unwind and contemplate the importance of life and exhale and clear your mind out. Consider Gate of Heaven. It's open to everyone. To learn more, go to the website Gateoveheaven dot org. That's gateof Heaven dot org.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Gentlemen, one more time for the first warning. Weather forecast.
Speaker 3: Partly cloudie, very muggy, and high of eighty six partly clode every night remaining very muggy, a little seventy another mudd e d tomorrow, the high of eighty four, perhaps scattered showers and storms and partly cloudy skies. Remains partly cloudy every night also remains muddy, sixty nine low and Thursday. No m word in there. This says cloudy eighty seven closing out at seventy three. Right now, Time for final traffic.
Speaker 9: Uh Well, you see Health Traffic Center. You see Health as Expert Trauma care focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation. Learn more at U seehealth dot com. On eastbound two seventy five accident off on the right shoulder at seventy five in Sharonville on northbound seventy five before Paddock Road the lane block from an accident up to a six minute delay back from Mitchell On at Ezelak on fifty five k RCD talk station.
Speaker 3: Eight fifty comingup an eight fifty one if you've got care CD talk station Judge Jennenapaultana tomorrow in the fifty five KCY Morning Show eight thirty for that. It's also listener lunch wandering Monsters Brewery, Beach, Mount Avenue. Hope to see you there. A lot of thumbs up for that place. I usually get some you know, like yeah, that's a great place, a great place. I got more than more emails and comments to me about that place than a lot of others we've been to. But always enjoy the fellowship of listener lunch. So please if you can around eleven thirty. Obviously this is not a firm start time. You can show up early and you can show up a little bit later. Looking forward to my cribbage game with cribbage Mike, my submarine or friend. Thank you for your service, Mike. I don't know where I'm sitting on this thing. Elon Musk said he wants to start a new part of the America Party, and part of me like bully for him.
Speaker 1: Why not.
Speaker 3: Unhappy with the big beautiful bill because of the deficit spending that we're going to engage in. We're continuing on this fiscally irresponsible trajectory. So if there is a refreshing, welcome alternative, someone who's actually going to do something about that, then I'd be inclined to go with that particular candidate because I happen to be a deficit hawk, something the Republican Party is supposed to be. But when you pass a big beautiful bill and it does dig us further in the hole, you got to scratch your head. Wait a second, that was one hundred percent Republicans. Democrats had nothing to do with it. And when you look at the arguments back and forth, look, it had the effect of turning Democrats into fiscal hawks. You got Chuckie Schumer screaming about the deficit for a change. I thought that was pretty damn comical. When did they care? But as part of the platform less regulation across the board, especially energy, free speech, pro natalist, reduced debt, responsible spending only and he said he's a big defender of the First Amendment as well, as bitcoin and in cryptocurrency. So among all of those things, that's typically things that the Republican Party tends to stand for, but they just don't walk walk when it comes to the talk. They talk on being fiscally responsible. But considering they're so closely aligned, at least in historic party platforms, this new America Party and the Republican Party, does it concern anybody else that America Party candidates might siphon away votes from the Republican Party. I can't imagine America America Party candidates would siphon away votes from the Democrats. So if you actually ran an America Party person on the ticket, it's like running an independent. We've all seen that happen before, and the independent siphon off a number of votes from one party or another, and an unexpected outcome occurs, which is the election of someone who otherwise wouldn't have been elected were it not for that third party being involved in the race. And so as much as I applaud elon Musk and his concept and the idea that maybe all he's trying to do is smack the Republican Party upside the face and try to get them to a engage in something that is remotely close to fiscal responsibility. I just see this as a recipe for disaster and a recipe for helping Democrats win elections. Just my thoughts on it. I mean, I'm just one guy with an opinion, but that was my initial reaction to it. So keep your popcorn out and we'll see what happens down the road. I know it hasn't done well for Elon Musk and his Tesla shares, which dropped precipitously the other day. I think the shareholders won Elon Musk to get back to run in the company as opposed to being engaged in politics. Well, when you announce you're forming a new party, you're not going in that direction. And apparently it impacted his stock to the tune of billions of dollars and losses. So I know Elon gets away unscathed on this. He's got plenty of money and he apparently isn't concerned about it. But just another wrinkle in the world of Elon Musk. So anyhow, early on the program, we had a special Tech Tuesday Beware of Amazon Prime Days. Dave identified the fact that there's about one hundred and two twenty thousand fake Amazon Prime sites out there of different forms. Don't answer the emails, don't click on the links. Go to the website Amazon dot com. You're gonna get text, you're gonna get potentially phone calls. Amazon doesn't call anyone, So lots of great information there. If you don't get a chance to listen to Dave, pull up the podcast fifty five car Sea dot com. A couple of segments with Corey Bowman of course running from mayor of the City of Cincinnati, and congratulations on the birth of baby Ezra. He and his wife Jordan gave birth yesterday. Everybody's doing great. But also he talked a lot about violence in the city, which is what we talked about yesterday with Smitheman and FOP President Ken Cooburn. Those podcasts also fifty five care Sea dot Com, along with the Inside Scoop with Randy Clark, the Border Reporter, and My conversation with Daniel Davis. Get your iHeart media app while you're there too, folks, so you can stream the content from my Heart anywhere you happen to be tuning. And tomorrow for judgment, Paula tannot have a wonderful day. Thank you Joe Streker for producing the program without you when there wouldn't be one.
Speaker 1: Folks stick around. Clemback is coming right up.
Speaker 11: President Trump made clear that a peaceful resolution was possible if Iran agreed to give up its nuclear weapons ambitions.
Speaker 3: Another updates at the top of the hour fifty five KRZ the talk station this report