Speaker 1: This is India Today Podcasts. You are on.
Speaker 2: India Today Podcasts and you are in the sledging room. Let me warn you this is not a place for the faint hearted and the weak need. If you're a sports puff and like challenging everything you see and hear, stay, If you're a sooner bodyatya fan walk.
Speaker 1: Away right now. Welcome back to the sledging room.
Speaker 3: We're back to our home ground, the studio where we started it all. But it should have been a happy, you know, resumption at this place, but not for people like Sorrow. We're sitting here and you know, till last week, Sorrow was very hopeful that Daily Capitals would sneak through to the playoffs. But unfortunately, st after that Kantarra celebration in Bengaloo, nothing has gone Deli Capital's way. Likewise, two men who you know stole the limelight before the auction where they would go who would buy them? Resh Up Punth and kal Rawl swap franchises, but no change of fortunes. Again, missing out on the playoffs this season. But if you look at the way Deli and LG played, Deli with a strong enough squad should have made the playoffs is what I think LG we wrote them off. I think in the same Sledging Room episodes we gave them predictions of nine and ten. But they I don't know whether it's safe to say they punched about their weight. But again they are also missing out. So as we head into the final week of the league stages, final few days of the league stages, you know today is the day to discuss the near misses of I Peel twenty twenty five and the near misses. Maybe I thought it would be apt to start with an LSC and then probably move on to the teams like KKR and all of them. But we're not going to discuss Sunrisers, Rajasthan ANDSK.
Speaker 1: We can't call them near missus.
Speaker 3: Sunrisers with the squad that they have and with the captain that they have, King should claims pat Commings to be the best, better than whoever has played cricket.
Speaker 1: But again, the amount of points and have been finished.
Speaker 3: Even if you give them the same number of points the next season, they still might not be able to make it to the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Exactly. That's how the mismarchins.
Speaker 3: I think the last three I think we should consider next season points also and then you should ye are not winning at all. But again, if I go to going to CSKS, or will get offriended. If we're seeing my wife praisers, he will befriended. So let's start with Bani Pal and Kal Rawls the main men, and Kevin Peterson. I don't know whether he had a big role to play as and it looked like we were discussing. The camaraderie between k KP Andani was working well.
Speaker 1: But what what went wrong? Sorry?
Speaker 4: You know, if you look at this team in the first half, it looked like this team is going to qualify. There was no event, but it was like they will qualify four out of four, right, yeah, and they I think.
Speaker 3: Five out of six sorry interrupted, the five out of six. Absolutely, that is ten points before the halfway mark.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, because apart from the first game where they wanted in the last four because of our brilliance, all other games they were very, very dominant with the ball and with the bat.
Speaker 1: And it had something to do with the form of mich Stark. And these are two he near and missed here and there. These three were the men who were driving the capitals.
Speaker 4: There was individual billions against RCV, against ESK against a Savich and after that, you know, I don't know what hit them.
Speaker 1: It just fell apart.
Speaker 4: And it fell apart in that game against Mumba Indians when Corona came and he made everyone wow with his short making and the way he hit bum for six boundaries and that delivery of Mitchell Standineer that took Kal's wicket, it looked like it shifted that, it tilted the momentum in Tellian. Am I favor It took away the playoff chance from the DC and gave it two am I.
Speaker 1: It looks like that.
Speaker 3: I think people are calling it the decisive ball that changed tournament.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I can't even blame that game because this management was actually caught sleeping. When you don't have a player like Harry brook On whom you have decided, Okay, he's going to be a number four batter, he's going too bad for us, and he's going to take that very important spot if he pulls out before the IPL and you don't even go and sign a replacement, If you buy someone like t for ten plus crowds and you don't give more than four games three games in the entire season. I don't know what is wrong with the management. And then as Captaincy you know himself admitted in the first couple of games that I have made some blunders, but we have won the game, so nobody will ask me questions. And then the foom. He kept on repeating those blunders and his care fraltitude came back to hurt the entire team. You know, it was like no Mumbai. I was very shocked in that Mumbaia when he asked man mak Mumbailaya no playoffs ya a battle?
Speaker 1: We I did not understand. What was that attitude?
Speaker 3: Well? Was it a little can you can we call it care free or just you know a little cocky? That is okay, it goes there, but do you think it made impact to the team. It was a very laid back attitude. And then before this game against which team last game we lost, Mumbai sent me the press conference of bowling. Oh my god, what was that? If you say those words in a prof what it is.
Speaker 1: Teller did that? I can't even repeat. No, No, I will do that, I'll do that. I'll never do that. So was asked that.
Speaker 3: In terms of like del you have had so many opening combination changes, so many batting order changes, and people rightly have asked that why do you guys discuss this in the dressing room or how do how do you come up with this? So his reply to that question, a tactically important question, is that we can't discuss anything in the match. It's too much noise. What we are thinking is that how quickly can we get out of the stadium and go to the hotel. If we win, there is a party. If we lose, there is a party. This is coming at a crucial juncture of the tournament, a match that they hinge on that if they'll qualify or not.
Speaker 1: So yeah, kind of tells you how how are all I.
Speaker 4: Am a prouder and I call them the banter franchise. But I'm sorry, I ask you fans, it is my FRENCHII. That is a band of franchise. It's not asked. We have have proved themselves in this season and my team, oh my god, what have they done this season?
Speaker 1: Actually, you know what he said.
Speaker 3: One of the things. Two of the things that he said, he said that extra Battelli is laid back. And you said, did he get too cocky? Can it go like, yeah, I think both of them are true. But not for Exer but for the DC management. They were laid back in not signing a replacement for Brook number one, then multiple of their battles when they fell ill or got injured, and cocky because they thought that kil Rahul will do everything for them, like even in the middle or even in the opening when they lost the match against GT.
Speaker 1: The video that DC put out.
Speaker 3: Was praising going all praises of I didn't like that tone of the this is how you ye bad? Yes, this is so you didn't like the tone of that, you know interview. Also some somebody you know you are before a must swin match. You're saying, okay, Kate Rowel sets the standards, you have to aspire to be like him.
Speaker 1: That's I don't know. Is that the right way to speak. I'm not I'm not very sure.
Speaker 4: And you know what, like King Shuk said that this cocky and kreitude fits right on Daily Captain's management, I agree with him. I remember petersn't came for a press conference and you were asked, why is where he studid Trajan? If he's fit, why is he not playing in spite of answering that question, he actually argued with the reporter, He's like, you tell me where should you play him? Every player in our team knows that he will get chances when he has to get chances. Our bowling attack is great. Oh my god, your bowling attack is great. All your all the tournament. You were lying on Mitch Stack and Stark used to give you wickets in the power play and Colia used to stem the run a flow in the middle overs and give you wickets. Apart from him, no other Ballerpi degates Kumar when he picked up two fifty runs. He did not He picked up two wickets in six seven message.
Speaker 1: The season he didn't play. I mean, what are you up to? Gave Pitterson and then move up to the maltiifaication. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Biggest talk for me was the team is playing. Okay, you have won four games out of five grade, but then you have to be serious. A serious team will go on to continue that momentum like I did when they got the momentum. But here our mentor goes to Maldi for trip and he misses two games and Kalahole in fact called it out.
Speaker 1: Who is a mentor?
Speaker 4: A mentor is someone who goes on Maldive trip in between the IPL So I don't know what the managments up to.
Speaker 3: I thought this was a good season for you know, DELI to you know, get that give those loyal fans something back.
Speaker 1: You know, you had a great team.
Speaker 3: You had a couple of match winners there, Mitchell Stark coming back, Kale Rahul and the top JFM.
Speaker 1: What about you say, and that season the musical chair that they did with the opening spots. Pourell.
Speaker 3: I don't know what harm he has done. He was thrown either O there he was giving you good starts farf he was not getting those runs. But you you suddenly opened with Karunair. You didn't persist with him so much of confusion.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Has spoken tall words in the past, like taking a dig at.
Speaker 3: Stephen Fleming saying he's never won anywhere else when he's not played with DONI. When you say all those things, you should be you know, you should do better as in like these kinds of tactical flaws that we are able to understand.
Speaker 1: That is very you know, I don't know. I don't know what to say.
Speaker 3: One of the things that I thought while watching the DC match, correct me if I'm wrong, Which match?
Speaker 1: Which match?
Speaker 3: So I'm going to go back to the first game when against Lucknow, like this team, the game was done. Comes Vipraj comes first game of the season and they do the unthinkable. They make DC win. How many matches do you guys? Thinks has played after that as a as a full time batter. Yeah, he and samir is we were seeing padding up for an impact per place and I did not understand that. And if as does bad that well, and you have tristan stubs also in the lower middle order. Push stubs in the middle, push them up, make them like this is the same problem that KKR had this season where Russell, Ringku and Ramande were so late that they could not create, like generate an impact.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that same with DC. Yeah, absolutely, And it is not just that.
Speaker 4: Okay, So if you look at this team, you know, my biggest problem with the captain was have you seen that movie?
Speaker 1: It is a dialogue.
Speaker 4: Ball humphust back, humphust brother. This is serious league, the world's best seed in the league. There are serious international cricketers playing here. Plan it accordingly. They are captains who are innately like that innately. They want to take the bat first, ball first, and they want to get it done. And there are captains who have who are comfortable watching the game, tactically analyzing the game. And then my question is I will agree with actual batting at number four if you do not have someone of systems, subs, stretcher and our social stages batting at five and six. So Actualarty is getting those fifty balls, forty balls, he's scoring fifty four, fifty eight. If someone like Stubs gets those fifty balls, you know what he can do what he did for delicatles in his break two seasons.
Speaker 3: But did we not argue last year and previous years that Ponting was not using accept the batter better?
Speaker 1: Then why is this sudden flip?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I'm telling so io I was coming to that point. Also, so last season we did not have finishers stops was the only game for you at number four? Yeah, and that is why actually could not beat up the order. And our top order was here and there we signed JFM. He clicked and then Warner was ruled out. I was there for a couple of games. So there was here and there there was no number three better for us, So the top out was fixed. Now you had He knew it could give you a good power play. He could have opened with them. If Jam failed, you discarded him. He knew Faff was not fit enough to play every game. You made him the vice cheptain. I was very baffled by that decision how and why, because first of all, when you chose him, he chose him as a replacement, and then he named the vice captain on what basis Now he.
Speaker 1: Comes for a late thought in the auction.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was bought in the second day he came in. We just bid for two gards and we got him. Great choice. But as a backup, you can't expect Faf to give you put in games and go and bat at tom order. You made him lead in a game and he did fairly well. I'm not believing farf heere. I'm believing the management here. So last year Auer was batting solo because we did not have finishers. This year we had finishers and we had good batterers. So actual himself did not understand where should he bat. You know, this is where you should understand as a team. Subsiden not getting in a balls. Our source is not getting in a boss. Your bowling lineup is not working up. Why don't you sign good replacements? You did not even buy a good over space. Apart from I'm sorry, his past his prime. He is injured, injury prone, He's not that fast and even when played, why was he not bling the power plays?
Speaker 1: That is what my problem was.
Speaker 4: Why is actually bowling first three of us of the power play? Why you have bought for the same thing to the power play?
Speaker 1: Jet it out? Let it out? One more game to go as well? Like who cares?
Speaker 4: I think all you can do is this Kings, But look at looking at what Pains did in that Damashala game which got a band midway.
Speaker 1: I think will us more than we will start were also very lucky.
Speaker 3: They would have lost at least two more games absolute risers, and absolutely they did not.
Speaker 1: This season could have looked much worse for them, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but but do you guys see any changes in the delic capital set or with the with the two party ownership? I think right that two sects of ownership. They want to take control of the team, administrative control of the team for two two years is what we thought we heard at the start of the season. Do you think the GMA group will be, you know, very eager to change stuff after just one season of you know, near miss or do you see accept continuing as captain.
Speaker 4: I believe they will back sure, and they will keep the coaching stuff, but the squad will have multiple changes because their overseas lineup. We look at that apart from Stubbs and a couple of games stuck, nobody actually did the job that they were supposed to do whenever they were given a chance. So your openers, I don't think they're going to Britain after what he did and he did not come back, so I don't think he is the retienional plans anymore. FAF he's done. He's done from IPL himself that this is my last year. I'm going to retire. His ideally going to retire from IPL. So now you need to actually buy good overseas openers or good would Indian young opener who can actually bat with Kal Lowell. If you don't trust have shake Pearl, then the role of a shape peril. You are not clear where you want to use him like a shape Owl has been with this uh squat for life.
Speaker 1: Three years. He has been decent, but he's not good enough to.
Speaker 4: Say you okay, you are going to be a show shot playing eleven player because as an opener, also, if you're getting these chances, you're great in the power play, you have done that, but after the power play you just don't know how to accelerate. You slow down, you don't know how to take those risks, and you don't know how to pick up those singles doubles. That is how it has gone. So there have been a lot more changes and your bowling attack, your spin attack has been great. You will You've got very good spinner this time also, and you might rain a stark I think, But I don't think you're going to retain Mukish or more for that matter, Trajan for eleven Cross, I don't think.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 4: There are multiple changes in the playing eleven regarding the top water batting and overseas players and the.
Speaker 1: Bowling, but you are okay with continuing as captain and continues you just can't do so I.
Speaker 4: Will say one simple thing, you can't throughout captain after one season.
Speaker 1: You need that stability.
Speaker 4: Put those captain for the first time, and he was supposed to make those mistakes he made those mistics, he acknowledged them. Now it will be something which I want to see next year that does he learn from these mistakes and he comes back a better captain or he comes back as the same captain who is as you said, cocky or as said carefully.
Speaker 1: Two things here, and I'm going to go back to the auction last year.
Speaker 3: If JMR or js W, whoever that was, I'm thinking GMR decided that Punt is not the way to go forward and we are going to release him, then PA General shouldn't have come out and said that Punth is going to be our top guy. Second, when once Punt went out, which I'm again thinking is a GMR decision in the auction, they shouldn't have been twenty cross FORER Pnth okay.
Speaker 1: So that has to stop.
Speaker 3: If it is jmr's control administrative control for the two years, give it to JMA.
Speaker 1: Let them do whatever the hell they want.
Speaker 3: Because they thought that parting away with Ricky Ponting, who's a recognized coach now was a good idea and to bring in someone with better connect to the ground in India so that they can pull in better Indian players. They got that part done they got the staff also, which is very Indian and ground connect in nature. So fine, Matthew More Matthew motto was a late announcement if I'm not wrong. But if if that has happened, let them do what they want. Give ugs are the captains, figure out their details, keep their players and whatever else. If you start chopping and changing once again after the post on xt from Badgindal saying that there will be there, there will be exactly because that is infighting introspect, that is infighting. Now now now I can blame you that you haven't taken the team to the right direction, but that does not help the team. They will have to change the whole setup then, and that has to stop at some point. They have to like how do they say it, They're to synchronize at one point. So I'm thinking that a couple of changes. Obviously, yes, JFM goes out, Fast goes out, maybe one of the bowlers go out. But the people that you've shown trust into, the people that you've bought in for a lot of money, like not to and all you keep them, you trust them for one or two seasons and figure out where the team goes from here.
Speaker 1: What about LC what.
Speaker 4: About l what about You know LG has overseewed is underceived. That's all I will describe it. Because when I saw Zahi Khan as a coach or my mentor coach, I thought, Okay, this guy is going to give LG a very good Indians score and a very good bowling attack.
Speaker 1: At least they will have.
Speaker 4: And I was very shocked at their auction bise because if you look at their auction picks and retention. Also for that matter, you retain injury prone two paces, Moshi Khan and Manchado. Didn't you know that they are not going to be fit enough to play and you shell out out fifteen eighteen golds for both of them? Why was that they did a great thing by retaining Nicholas Pon for twenty one girls. He deserves every bit of that money, A great game change, the greatest tent repairer of the can for me, Nicholas Pud If he gets going, nobody can stop him. Finehop Pnth. You know when Dishop Punth and Delly Capitals, I first heard the report that wants to move out. I was very shocked because I am a big DC fan and I have always seen playing for my team, whether it's India or DC. I have never seen in opposition Jersey, but I was very short. Okay, ship and going auction and this will happen, And then that bidding happened. We bid for him. Then LSG came and then LG owner uh raised twenty cent cross and he got ship and then they were LG was very happy.
Speaker 1: The little places are happy.
Speaker 4: Everyone was very happy. But my simple point was, and I was very very I I think I talked to you or you somebody in the team that shop one for twenty seven cross. Has he proved his credentials as a battle levelone captaincy and we get keeping as a battle very bat and then the signed a top art are heavy of overseas battles like the signed Markram and Mitchell mars who we thought will not click, but.
Speaker 1: They have actually over receieved.
Speaker 4: Again these two, they have been one of the best opening players of this season five plus fifty plus part.
Speaker 3: Look at and Mitchell Marsha's stats against the other seasons that they have mated exactly difference.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, so they have actually overshiped.
Speaker 4: They got them for both for around six seven cores, both of them but then this shelter for Bishop and there bowling attack for two players. Yeah, and then their bowling attack. I am all for a cars test bowler, but a bowler, I'm sorry. And Ash was gonna expect her to lead the bowling attack.
Speaker 1: But he was injured.
Speaker 4: I wish was injured. How many matches in last season? Two three, two uches, three and a half and half?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: And then he played for India. He again got injured, back injury, came back, did not play a single match in the domestic Yeah, exactly. Then the last I spotted him was in the w p L. He was sharing r CB in the ground. After that, all I heard was he was n C. He was an n C A and very soon he will be back. He will be back after first five games, first six games. Then he came back and again got ruled out. Then you signed his placement. Finally said okay, Indian bowling attacks and we need to sign an overseas good pacer because you had you not trust him enough.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying it's a game from Indies.
Speaker 4: So I am saying, okay, you signed okay, and he has been good in one, two, one or two games.
Speaker 1: He has played.
Speaker 4: Then he's pin bowling attack. You got a great find this time diariety, the man with the notebook salvation. Okay, we always one of the best fins of this year. Contoversial, you might say.
Speaker 1: But great. I love him. I love whatever he does on the field. Also good bowler.
Speaker 3: He does the job for his team, even if he does those san trumps. I think rab was a big lid down this season.
Speaker 4: Yeah number one a half days ago, I think, yeah, and now he can't he wolds. I think the way he was managed by the Indian team also, I think that also kind of hurt his confidence, Like he was your number one T twenty bowler, but you went with Ashwin for twenty twenty four and then you bought why not give?
Speaker 1: That's that's a that's a story that we need to explore.
Speaker 3: I think what happened Rashni like one of the missing bowlers, But then did roachman not trusted enough from there to here? This season has been his worst. This season has been his worst. But I wanted to ask both of you what went wrong with Richard Punt? Have you c Yes, we know that he's not highly rated T twenty player. For that matter, white ball player. But have you ever seen him play like that? We were discussing when he was, you know, swiping at everything, not being able to connect anything.
Speaker 1: Is it confidence? Is it? What did the Champions Trophy snub affect him?
Speaker 3: What is what went wrong for RP seventeen even before Champions Trophy snub or let's say when he did not come back for the Odia World Cup, even before then, when was he a force to reckon with in T twenty or T twenty he had he had a great season from the perspective of where he was in that last one and a half year, four hundred five hundred. So every season he guaranteed, No four hundred five hundred one is that? Is that do that you throw but there and you don't tell how many calories it carries?
Speaker 1: But that is true. That is true one fight against CSK and that also came in a losing cause. Yes, so no.
Speaker 3: So I was checking someone that century that punts pernth hits his first century. I saw somebody arguing that since then, the way the T twenty template has gone and the way puns fighting has gone, the graph has always been down. And consider this that last season was an extremely, extremely high scoring season even in that respect was punts, runs and strike rate in the top five.
Speaker 1: No, you would not argue that.
Speaker 3: So that is why I'm saying that whenever you throw this four hundred five hundred one season now, always carry that weight.
Speaker 1: How did that affect his team? Without that, we cannot make a context out of it.
Speaker 3: And you know what, I think it's a culmination of all the hype that pun This had over years that he was an excellent test player, a decent odio player, but not a very established T twenty player. I still remember that interview with Haa if I'm not wrong, yes, when he was asked about your white ball stats and red ball stats, he said, no, don't compare me.
Speaker 1: Now compare when I'm twenty seven thirty.
Speaker 3: But I think when he broke into the Test scenes scoring those runs at that pace, he was naturally people thought that, okay, if he can do this in Test cricket, he can do this in T twenties and odias also. But that was something that kind of he took it for granted, and when results did not go his way, and that twenty seven crore I think played on his mind as if you fail once in that setup, then probably you will have touts coming into your mind.
Speaker 1: And from the way he batted, I have never seen punt this confused.
Speaker 3: You can't argue against puns, technique, puns temperament, but that lack of clarity in his short selection, lack of clarity even where he won too bad. A couple of times he did not come out to bat. Once he comes out to number three, number four, will.
Speaker 1: You not come out of that or was he not let out to that?
Speaker 3: That's also something we have to like think, No, I don't think in this season, I don't think matter of puns caliber, you can tell him don't bat you are you care?
Speaker 1: If you are justin langer, you know I will say one more thing. It is not just this.
Speaker 4: So it all started before the auction, the moment you saw Rishapon being so confident that he put out a tweet how much money will I get if I go in the auction? He was very over confident about himself. He said, I am the star of this ideal this side. I have came back from injury. I am no more human, I'm super human.
Speaker 1: And they paraded him around like a star. Also the auction, everything was like that. Fine.
Speaker 4: Then he got pigs and then that interview where he says, I was very worried when Punjabkin's game.
Speaker 1: You should not do that. You can't do that, you should not.
Speaker 3: Do Apparently have paid lucknow super Giants thirty three cross to keep one there two games.
Speaker 4: They have played their depeated in both the games and shares. Yeah, they picked and he has been excelling at every front.
Speaker 1: They fine.
Speaker 4: Second thing, the shop puns was expected to light up this Asciato and he just could not. Apart from that one knock where he actually went against Gumbi's dick take. You have to look at see the ball and then hit the ball, look at the team situation and then play that kind of knock that actually dentted his content a lot. And third and most important thing champiosophic combined with his fitness, do you see he's fit enough to play a game, let alone a test match? Have you seen him keeping? How many mystics has been he been making every game? You know, unless you would have won the first game against DC, he needs that something emotion.
Speaker 1: His keeping has been supper. You know, he was a dete keeper.
Speaker 4: He was not a great keeper, but his fitness I am absolutely shocked his fitness, his decision't making okay, he's.
Speaker 1: He's keeping has gone back to that comparison era and you talk about actually Punt looks the cocky guy, and he was cocky also when you.
Speaker 3: Try to do The biggest thing of the season, highlight of the season was none of his postmatch interviews made sense exactly exactly. Ask him anything, He'll be like, no, we did, And that is the lack of clarity that you talk about.
Speaker 1: My biggest shock was your team has been out of the tournament.
Speaker 4: You're going to play a game, and before the game starts, half an hour before that, you are busy on Twitter slamming people for questioning you might be thrown out of.
Speaker 1: LG next season. You do not have to do that. You are a ship one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you go in bad, you prove your performance and let the management you know that you are not doing.
Speaker 1: And this has become the new norm that creators are coming out of social media.
Speaker 4: Great, you want to display rumors, but just half an hour before a toss, I don't agree with that.
Speaker 1: I don't see it right.
Speaker 3: And half of the time it is kind of because I'm not speaking for or against anyone here. But half of the times when those rumors have been dismissed, they have turned out to be true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: That's something you need to keep in and this shows that the match not playing in your mind. What is playing in your mind is, oh I am you know that you're going something has gone wrong and the management might not retain your next season. So you actually want to write on Twitter and show people that know I am confident that I have good letten with management.
Speaker 1: This PR game has stop here like it's becoming too as a U.
Speaker 3: Yes, of course people need to be need they need they need the voices to be put out, but to go, like you said, half an hour before a match randomly reply to a tweet too, that's kind of unnecessary. And I'm just worried that maybe Punt if he goes to England and if he doesn't perform, if he gets out of this Test team by any chance, might be there like he might be out of the out of international credit for some time unless until he goes back. I just hope that doesn't happen. I just hope that this IPL clarity doesn't translate. He doesn't take it to England because India needs punt, the better punt the wicked keeper in England more than any time now because if you have seriously speaking, if you really think one intimidating batter, okay, you know, throw punches at that basketball in England team, that might be a punt and yesterday at the top of the order. So I am just I am just thinking that it all shouldn't crash and burn. Now Punth just takes a good break, goes maybe to on a road trip and then you know, kind.
Speaker 1: Of gets gets fresh against the road trip again.
Speaker 3: And I'm saying that gets you know, that's absolutely not too hard, but he kind of refreshes and gets heads to England in.
Speaker 1: A clearer mind space. Right, that should be better.
Speaker 3: I am I genuinely want punt to you know, smash those England bowlers, you know, play those River scoops against Tongue and Anderson's whoever and who coaches is playing County, Yeah, Tim Saudi coaches. But a change of pace will be good for Punth hopefully.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Format also yeah, but that.
Speaker 3: It's not like the Indian team is also very settled at the moment right now. And also these captain zero we'll get to know. By the time this episode releases, people all of you might know who is the next India Test Captain. It's it's gonna be a huge announcement on Saturday, so let's wait for that and in this List Sledging Room episode we'll talk about it in detail, probably early next week when we get you know, the details, when we listen to the Express conferences, when hopefully O our current coun beers justify and give give the reasons for picking this X or hy over x or Y. Tell us why we're at and Rod are not there in the team, whether we're getting back the old guards for England.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be an.
Speaker 3: Interesting week with the IPL playoffs coming up, the last few games to go. The playoffs were stilled like seven games to go and it's the earliest that it has happened and the top two battle remains. But it's gonna be fun. It's gonna be fun this week with plenty of things coming up. The one off test again between England and zimbabweis on and we will be heading to the World Test Championship final as well. But a quick prediction, sort of like we always do, shook before we sign off from this episode what playoffs? Playoffs isn't like we'll get to the no punt out of LG or not no no, no, no no, not happening should not happen retention or not.
Speaker 4: I think that is a debatable call because they will talk about it, but month is not be moving out of LG.
Speaker 1: But if punt then kill places again.
Speaker 4: Not because as long as even if DC owner Pa will love to take his younger brother Chap back in DC, you don that happening. Yeah, and as he won't and even will never go back there, you should.
Speaker 1: You should have some respect.
Speaker 3: Also, I think I know that it's a professional world, but still like have some respect respect, you know. On that note, we last our listeners and viewers also for their thoughts on these two teams and whether they can come back next year and on behalf of Staging Room. We just sincerely hope that once forgets this, IPL wakes up thinking it was a dream and then you know, goes and smashes in England. You can send in your thoughts on eight five, double eight nine, double six, double nine six. If you're listening to us on Spotify and Apple podcasts, please do rate us and like we always say, If you're watching us on YouTube, please leave your comment. We'll be more than happy to learn the feedback. Thank you have a great quick ND