Speaker 1: All right, you guys, this is it. When the attack begins, our warriors click on defensive stands. Everyone else wait for Craig to cast his intellect buff Okay, got it. The battle is sure to be long, so make sure you all have your special abilities macro to your keyboards. All right, Eric, you can count on us.
Speaker 2: Kick Ah, Welcome to going down to sales, part of the podcast where we always have ourselves a time, and this week we're gonna be punting some people. Because it is make love not warcraft. We're ponying some people, were not pooning some people. That's an insight, that's an inside joke for my friend, because there's a friend of mine used to say poon and I'm like, I'll say poone in the episode.
Speaker 3: Just for you.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm glad that I was able to sort of be part of this, be part of the joke and the exploration of the joke.
Speaker 2: There was his kid at Squoze Gap pooned him and we're like, we never to tell him. Was this the butzz of your friend? Pretty much? Yeah, I mean it's a week now. We always say poon as in my friendship, so as attribute to him.
Speaker 4: Well, this made me reminiscent a lot of ways of just that. I don't suppose they were even the early days of internet culture and all like the early days of like online culture in a lot of ways, and all these means were sprung up, and it's like, yeah, you meant to say ownage, but someone just someone just mistyped it one day and now it's.
Speaker 2: Like ponage and it became its own thing.
Speaker 4: And I don't know, I think I've reached the stage of my life where it's like your slang is just incomprehensible and stupid to me. But yeah, back in the days when yeah, people drop lines like all your base have belonged to us or something like that, or ponage, it's like that's kind of fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, the thing is Nicol and I were discussing yesterday we're watching it, but they showed it was a text message from a young person, and Nicholas like, see, we used to abbreviate words because we had to to save money. Correct people now abbreviate words because they're fucking stupid. Because there was one was they were talking about they're asking where are you right? But it was why? So it was you why a were at where you at? So not only have people now shortened the sentence, they've shortened that to abbreviate those not where are you? Where you at? W ya? What the fuck is going on with the west thing? We used to abbreviate to save money.
Speaker 4: Now when we abbreviate because we've got short attentions, wya where you at?
Speaker 2: And that's the risk of the story from me, I was going down. But this one here is so much fun. There's a reason it's consider one of the best episodes of South Park of all time because it meant so much to so many people at the time. And this came out. Sure, I was never into the world of warcraft games. I was never into really video games in that sense, the computer based games, right, role playing ones. But my friends were like, I'm talking all my friends were. I was like the odd one out. I was playing footy. I was like, I haven't got time for that ship I played.
Speaker 4: You're playing another team sport people, you were playing a multi memo, Yeah, but for real in IRL, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes. But the thing is they all did right. And I remember this episode came out, it was just the talk of the town. In the school yard, everyone loved it, and it's so good because I can watch it and laugh at how accurate it is, because I would see my friends literally doing this, you know from the For me, the best part is when they're playing a game and Cartman's like the leader, right, the team captain, and he's make sure you do this, please go get those ours, And the way he talked, I'm like, I watched my friends transition to that way of speaking as opposed to just talking. Yeah, I'd go to the house, but i'd have this sort of monotone where they're talking and everything straight down at the end. Yeah, to do that, I was like, that's so what they did.
Speaker 4: God, it sounds like is it? I always missed this up as M O I M S R. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, sounds a bit like that. Very relaxing, very relaxing, very public radio.
Speaker 2: But just that scene there just love. Plus we get the one of the greatest villains in TV history. Yeah do we have do we know his name so we don't find out heat but his name is Jenkins.
Speaker 4: Jenkins Yeah appears later on, but yeah, what a what a legend. Well, just a face and body made for meming the modern day Vader. Now, unfortunately, there were times in this episode when I have to look away to write down notes and I'm trying to recall does Jingins's Uber Warrior or whatever it is, the guy who just goes around killing everybody, Does Hee tea bag anyone?
Speaker 2: At any stage? I don't recall tea bag. I was taking notes as well.
Speaker 4: But there's always I'm pretty sure there have been characters in the in these kinds of online games that are multi character or whatever, where you'll always have some douchebaggers come like I've come to kill you, and what's more, I'm going to amliate you by tea bagging your court.
Speaker 2: I don't think you can tea bag in murder Walk. They try to make it as well friendly as possible. It's like, no, we're here to.
Speaker 5: Fit killing the games about Nitching Quest. We all know one way here Blizzard now ad middlely, this episode was developed and created in conjunction with Blizzard.
Speaker 2: And it really okay, yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: They were actually quite excited, like, oh well, no, that's that's great that you want to sort of bring our great care to Eat to a wider audience.
Speaker 2: And it's good.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's it strikes just the right No, right, just the right ballance of this game could be Hazardo stehwth in that you might get a couple of tunels, syndrome or shit into a bucket. But again it's also yeah, I think, yeah, it's random that start saying why are you at you know, playing with your friends, Like I am playing with my friends. No, no, this reminded me, by the way. I just want to give a quick shout out. This is a great documentary that I watched maybe last year or the year before. It's on Netflix. It's still still should be on Netflix, called The Remarkable Life of Ibelin.
Speaker 2: It's such a great story about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, about this this young man I think it might have been in Austria or one of the Scandinavian countries or something, who developed this debilitating disease and was sort of house bound and couldn't really do anything too physical, but he spent a lot of time online and after he died.
Speaker 2: I'm always welling up.
Speaker 4: Thinking about because it's such a sweet story and was like, oh, you know, his parents are like, oh, it's sad that he sort of had this reduced life as a result of this condition, and people, honestly, I'm about to start crying because it's so likely. What's called the Remarkable Life of Ibilin. I'd be e l I and I believe Evelyn. We people from all over the world. We're getting in touch with his with his parents saying he meant, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Man, this is he met so much to me or whatever. You have no idea what your son meant to me? Yeah, you know, well you see videos of people who were like, you know, they organized like the wife's organized a meetups and it's like, oh, you're the guy who been playing video games with for like ten years, but I've never actually met you. Absolutely, yeah, and yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: There's one mother saying like, my son was incredibly depressed with thinking about ending his life.
Speaker 2: Iblin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the actual person's name is not Iblin. That was his online hand. Iblin talked him out of it. Iblin sort of said, no, this, you know, there's more life living, there's more to life and all this kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: It is beautiful. What's it on. It's on Netflix on Netflix, Okay, yeah, twenty twenty four. I think yeah, Norway. I think he's from in Norway. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I can highly recommend you watch this. It's just it's beautiful, beautiful.
Speaker 2: Documentary, and I think they're actually gonna think about making an adoor feature film. But as were so many things these days, just watched The Dock. Oh it's beautiful story. But that's that's what this reminded them of a lot of ways. And there's a downside to it. Of course.
Speaker 4: You can end up blood Jenkins or even like the boys at the end of this, just stick on a heap of wit. The skin goes to shit and you get MPR Boys.
Speaker 2: Well, I think the whole So this came out what two thousand and six, so this is before this kind of gaming, this culture was normalized. I think it's normalized now. Yeah. I think this is more people actually engage more this way than they do real life. Now. Oh sure, I think COVID played a big role in that as well. That's good. But kids, you know Ali as his friend assuming Lessons who he played with after a swimming lessons whatnot. And the kid was, does Alily have this like Fortnite whatever of the game, And I was like, I don't have games, and he goes, okay, I like to hang out with Ali. I'm like, well, we can go to a park and play. But this kid's mentality is if I want to hang out, it'll be on a video game. Sure, that's how kids think now, And I do worry. I sometimes think because I'm not pushing that on Elliot and I'm trying to keep them away from that. Am I limiting his ability to make friends or.
Speaker 4: As as we talked about when we did our last Going Down South Perk episode. Yeah, parenthood is a constant balance and also a constant reevaluation of things as well. Because the world is always changing, it's going to affect your children. You have to decide how much of the way the world is you're going to expose them to, because yeah, you might be you might be operating on old software.
Speaker 2: Bought it before. If you keep playing your kid's old songs, that are going to have any idea what culture is? Now?
Speaker 4: What is that an all time just great classic headline from from the Ideon, which is what parent raise a child and diet of culture than Jews child were They're no friends like this really enthusiastically pushing a copy of Remaining Light by talking heads onto this kid who's like, now, merely this kid will grab down great tastes. Yeah, but at the same time, It's like I don't know who Sabrina Carpenter is.
Speaker 2: See one of my I feel like one of my biggest mistakes in life was not buying into this right because, like I said, all my friends were playing World of Warcraft and counter Strike was another one, and all these games and I just wasn't interested. I just wasn't interested. I was like, I'm gonna go play footy, I'm gonna watch TV whatever. I just to do other things work out. I was a bit of a gym junkie my teen years and stuff. I wasn't interested in video games. And there's at a point now where it feels like I'm so far behind the pack I play games. I try to play a game with one of my mates the other day and I just couldn't do it. I wasn't good at it. Like these shoodo games. I just keptetting shot straight away, and I was like, I'm so behind the pack now that I can't keep up. And I feel like that was one of my big mistakes, was just not I'm playing all the time, but just keep you up with it. Well, you know what you gotta do. Now, what's that log on? And just kill a bunch of balls. What is it like, sixty seven weeks, No, seven weeks, five days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, he's good of a com and he nutted out the mats, which reality not that long, not that long. I was like, well, if you're doing it all the time, running on three hours sleep, and yeah, you gon.
Speaker 2: To fuck yourself. Yeah you are, indeed. But I just thought this was a fun David versus Gowith working together story, right, Oh yeah, but you know, working together to take on a common enemy. But it's also it's just it's just funny.
Speaker 4: It is, and multiple hero moments in a lot of ways. I mean, it's a good thing about teamwork and all that. Even Raindy gets his kind of moment to shine. But I loved how Yeah, I mean, you're going back to what we were saying earlier. Working in conjunction with Blizzard, how you've got that balance of yeah, this can be detrimental to you in some ways, but it's also positive in some ways. And I think, yeah, Blizzard was fairly sort of happy with that, and I like they almost they didn't get their moment to shine. They so it felt like they were very affectionately taking the piss out of the guys. A Blizzard or people who develop games. It's honestly one of my They have some of my favorite moments in this, which we'll talk about.
Speaker 2: In a little while. But yeah, I think, yeah, this is good across the board, and it was attribute much like this is a Milan. What's hilarious to me is that apparently Parker thought it sucked. Really yeah, he said one of his favorite episodes that I read, Well, now you.
Speaker 4: Think according to Wikipedia, which as we know, always correct, but you scrolled down a little bit. They'll they'll say he like the night before was like I've tanked out, park I don't think I've got.
Speaker 2: It anyore to do this anymore. And in response and then everyone was like, no, dude, this episode's great. We really like this. Yeah. Yeah, but apparently Parker was like, I've lost it. But it goes to show the passion was going into it though that he was, so this has to be good, you know. Well that's the thing.
Speaker 4: I mean, where are we now? Were in season ten? You can not that you could be coasting at this stage, but they could have been coasting. Yeah, yeah, you could be on autopil of this day. It's great that, yeah, that Parker and I'm guessing Stone. I still Stone, just like money.
Speaker 2: Sorry, that was yeah that He's still No. I gotta get what if I get this wrong? You know, it was so important, I think.
Speaker 4: Said he said, I've spoiled the legacy of south Park by you know, doing this dumbest episode the episode, but you didn't. Yeah, people love this episode.
Speaker 2: I think this is arguably one of the most important episodes in the history of south Park because I remember when this came out, it felt like south Park was more relevant than it had been since, like when the movie came out, Like you had episodes like you know, your Your Sign Told You one and your Michael Jackson one and things like that, which a lot of you see on the news. A lot of people were talking about, Oh my god, I can't believe they went there to Paris Hilton one. But this one felt relevant to young people. It felt like for the first time, even though I wasn't really part of that world of warcraft, you know, online gaming culture, my friends all were, so I was in it in that way, but for the first time, I felt like mainstream culture were paying tribute to it and acknowledging it, like this is a thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and what's more, doing it correctly and not in a sort of a pandering kind of way either.
Speaker 2: It didn't feel like ic on SPU, say, you guys playing video games over their sure losers like that.
Speaker 4: No, No, I mean, it wasn't like, hey, we're so inside, we're going to be saying all the things that everybody knows that we're going to be doing, all these inside jokes or whatever. It's like they're partly randy in this episode. Like then they're probably mostly randy in this episode Parker and Stone in terms of like approaching from the outside, you.
Speaker 2: Can tell they definitely got they did a research.
Speaker 4: But at the same time, yes, they did their work, and that's that they worked in conjunction with Blizzards. So Blizzard probably said, oh, look we would if people were actually playing this, they would probably do this, this and this. Okay, well we'll incorporate storytelling elements on top of that. And you get my love not warcraft.
Speaker 2: I love that they won the Emmy as well for it. Hey, yeah, because they use that so it's machinema, So that's the video game style. Yeah, this was the first program using that to win an Emmy. Nice. Yeah, but I'm watching this, going how have they done this? Because you know, two thousand and six, it was like I'm watching Warcraft, but they it's the characters. But like that, So do you know what machinem is? Look, it's like it's like screen capture basically. So I read it to you that the Wikipedia description is an animation technique using real time screen capturing in computer graphics engines. So basically it's like, you know, that's why the characters were able to do what they wanted them to do. They don't have to like program the game to do it. But I just thought they did such a great job.
Speaker 4: You know what I liked about this the use of Live to Win by Kiss Front.
Speaker 2: They've got a.
Speaker 4: Really good ear for just songs that they're just like, yeah, the.
Speaker 2: America.
Speaker 4: It's just like, I don't know if I've ever heard it outside the context of this episode. You'd think it would just be made for this, but apparently it's, you know, an actual.
Speaker 2: Song by Vibe.
Speaker 4: It this star Child, Yeah, yeah, I think it was Child. Yeah, because yeah, it's freely by way, it's freely.
Speaker 2: With space a space man. Yeah, he spaceman on space Ace. I think we're by space space kiss nicknames. Pete Chris was the Catman and or just the cat and Jean Simmons was the Demon. But the star Child I think it was called the Star Child. Yeah, gens Simons the Demon, the Space Man or space Ace, we're both correct, both the cat Man.
Speaker 4: There's only one cat Man. Sorry, that's that's our man in the in the GMC.
Speaker 2: Just what that's Troy goes on the news and we're in the finals. Lord, but I just have to it's great. They just do they just hear these such a good job though, as you said, the balance of showing. You know, it's great you work as a team, you take down a commodmy, but also it can be bad for your health. It can be bad for your social life in other ways as well. It's like it's important that you find that balance. Don't play the game. Enjoy it. It's great, but don't make let it consume your life. Yeah, because I have an experience of much like you know, when not shooting in the bucket, like when couple of shits in the bucket gets his mum to come down, he doesn't want to get out of his chair. I'll never forget one of my best friends, right, best friends. Was right in the world of warcraft, and I hadn't seen him for like two or three weeks. It was like school holiday, summer holidays, whatever. I caught up his mum, I won't tell your name. I was like, is he free. She's like, well, he can come over, but he's playing his game on the computer. And I was like, oh, okay, cool, you can come over and talk to I'm sure he won't talk to you. I come over. I walk in. She's like he's in there. I'm like, okay. I walk in there and it's just all dark. He screens on it. It's completely He's sitting there in his undies. There's all his bowls stacked up next to him right and opened the door. He just kind of like looked at me like that gollum. But he was. But he was like it's like he knew who I was, but didn't. It was like he was in this on his zone. He's transfer the game. Yeah, and I'll never forget he was. I'm talking to him and I'm just sort of sitting on the bed behind him. It was in his room and he's on the computer at desk and he's like he's there, but he's not there right, and he just all of a sudden it goes, Mom, I'm hungry. He just screamed like that. And I was like, oh, okay, we're in mid conversation, but sure, and she goes, what do you want? And he goes, gee, sandwich and she's like and it's just she was very much Ulyann right, not in the promiscuous way, but just very much meeting the demands right. So she goes, she comes back from a sandwich, she puts it down, he takes a butt and he goes, I want a sauce on the tube. Fuck, you're stupid, And I was like, I'm like, I'm leaving there. I was like, you didn't ask for saucer toasty. She gave you a fucking cheese toasty. But all these plates were stacked up, and she was like, and I'm thinking in my head, what why? And I said, he's got a place, and then she goes, yeap, I won't take him out. It's his job. I'll bring him food, but he needs to bring the plate sat And I'm like, you know what, I had a plate suit. Eventually you have to take those plates, understand. And then he stopped playing Wow they're called it Wow to Walk. He stop playing Wow, and all of a sudden, he sort of transferred back to hisself, but he transformed into this bea that like I was there talking to him, but he was like talking to it. Like I can see he got I could see that I was being a nuisance to him, and he's talked to me about since. He goes, yeah, that had been my sixth straight day of playing the game, and I was going off like two three hours sleep. He always is, much like the South Back episode. He goes, we're doing a it's not a campaign campaign. Yes, he guys, we're doing a campaign. I was like, holy shit, but yeah, he said, that was his sixth straight day of not leaving his room, going yeah, yes, I went to you guys, I went to shower and came back to my room gether. I didn't like that. That was it. He goes, I didn't do anything. I just stayed in my room campaign surprise shower. But yeah, I never forget that. I wanted to. I want to saw as fuck you're stupid, and I was like, you better apologize. I'm not playing this game anymore. Never. This game is the devil. Jeth Bas was saying, all right. Favorite moments on this episode.
Speaker 4: I like when they have that initial meeting to determine how to deal with Jenkins. Jimmy, Yeah, we can really stick to their ass.
Speaker 2: Jimmy does this great. I love the guy at Blizzard. He says, your kids characters, they're already dead. They just play well.
Speaker 4: Speaking of the guys a Blizzard, I love how they incorporate all these sort of fantasy cliches and all this very sort of hush dialogue and like, really they're talking about it. Something is the Sword of a Thousand Truths or whatever, and someone says, hope a chance. I've probably actually seen such shit dialogue in either a game or a movie or something.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh god, it kind of feels good. I love the joke of the role playing aspect of it, where man, he's dying at the end, because even in the real word he's gone. He's just citing, going to give you to make as out because that's what it's because there's the shot and there's also I want to compare with this one of my favorite moments in the whole episode. I touched on it earlier, where they're all just playing a game and comes talking like there is but there's all this that they're describing, all this that's going down in the game. He saw these battles and stuff, but in reality they're just a bunch of For fact, it's.
Speaker 4: Just just click it getting carplumnels.
Speaker 2: And there's absolutely nothing happening. But that's the that's reality. In the fake world, there's all these campaigns and battles and in reality just nothing happening.
Speaker 4: Speaking of campaigns, I did find it hilarious that there's like clad clad, what do you do?
Speaker 2: Clive's been a little but that's glad.
Speaker 4: And two other great Randy moments at the end when the guys from Blizzard come along and they're trying to get the sort of a thousand truths to stand but Rainy go, I can log into the game. I'm a noube. But it's like he's picked up on the lingo. It's great and then they like they have to get the best buy or whatever it is. You push, he push the kid out of the way. But you pulled that guy out of his car.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, yeah, a bunch that guy that was so funny and I had this is one of my favorite moments. But the more I think about it, the more I think it's actually the least accurate part of the episode. We can't prepare to charge, scroll over them with your mouse, curses and right click. I'm like, that feels very much like a Simpson's gag, where it's like a bunch of writers who don't actually know anything about the game the jokes and it's what people think the games are like, because no one in the game would actually say that that's mocking them, as opposed to how they were able to say a charge with that line actually is more you don't use the you're not going to use the command that the computer command you would use right click. That felt very much like a joke that.
Speaker 4: Well, it's explaining the joke that you've just yeah, very eloquently point out about how everyone's involved in this huge, massive campaign but they're really just sitting around and you gnawing on cheetos and yeah, fucking up, they're tend I.
Speaker 2: Love Jenkins' apartment too. He's got clothes everywhere, pizza box on the shelf, he's a blade because of course he's got a blade on energy drinks everywhere.
Speaker 6: That's okay, Remember there are no stupid questions just stupid people trivia time.
Speaker 2: My first question for you is what does Jimmy have a poster of in his room?
Speaker 4: Jimmy, is it something comedic? Something comic related? You used to have a lunch box for it?
Speaker 2: Oh? The six million dollar Man? Well, I think it's say six billion dollar Man? Oh my god?
Speaker 4: Well, I remember they were going to remake the six million dollar Man, and you know, due inflation, they were actually going to retitle the six billion dollar Man. What's going to be Mark Wohlberg? I think okay, I don't think it's happening now. Okay, speaking of stuff that's on people's in people's rooms, tweaks coffee cup.
Speaker 2: What does it say? I was gonna take this too. It's two words. There's something drugs. It's Java Jockey, Java Jockey. All right. My next one is what is the name of Randy's character? Oh? I believe it's the name of the beast in Never Neing Story. It's similar. It's it's like foul call the love Dragon, but it's Falcur. I thought he said, Valcour Valcour. Foul Core is the biggest way on the Love Dragons. That's me, but that's Falcor is the luck Dragon Luck Dragon. Yes, yeah, why I had foul cour valcrevalur Uh.
Speaker 4: You just asked me a question to ask you one. Speaking of stuff that's on things, what is on the bald developer at Blizzards T shirt?
Speaker 2: No, dwarf needs food. Dwarf needs food. My final question for you is what time are they going to log in to try and kill Jenkins the first time? Oh? Three pm Eastern time? Wasn't to be in bed by nine thirty. Oh that's right, okay, seven pm? Okay, yes, good for them. All right, it's now time for cheesypoofs, which we like to eat when we're playing out Wow. Wow, you ever played?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I never have. I've sat there whilst people are playing. I've never we played us. I remember one time I was like, can you create me a character? I'll try and join in and stuff, and I just went, I just can't do it. It's just it's just not for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my NEPHRAI is a big gamer. Begin to Fortnite at the moment like a child's came.
Speaker 2: I've got it for the Simpsons and then diliged again. Simpsons was gone apparently coming back Again's.
Speaker 4: Apparently big with the grown ups as well. Okay, but you know he'll be playing things like, you know, the Spider Man games or whatever. But I'll be looking He's like, oh my god, there's so much detailing here.
Speaker 2: I just want to be like, I want to go from left to right, a couple of nitro boxes in between. I just want spaces going. I love cheesy poofs.
Speaker 6: You love cheesypoofs Sweed didn't cheesypoofs.
Speaker 2: Sweety started with the amazing Kat g with her one hundred dollars support. We've got Glenn Gomez, Justin Parker, Zach Prut, Shanni Macher, Elliott, j O'Neil, Isabella Murphy, Rach Beasley, Steve Roberts, Sean d v, Pete Anderson, Timothy bels And, Andrew Davis, Kevin Dental, Planned, Flood, Bello winder Bank, Jack McFadden, Heath Applebee, Adrick McLeod, March, Eleven Ginger and Pickle, Preston, Murray, Tillia Enriquez, Declan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Logan, b James Shephard, Joe Readenseec, Dave Pretzels, McNally, Gavin Lang, Danie Miller, Charlie Joe, Abigail b Sharpcatera and Craig Alti Smash Globster. All these people are absolutely delicious, an't they? Oh my god?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, I want to make Love Not Warcraft A all of them in minute No.
Speaker 2: So digital air. Dait of Make Love Not Warcraft was, as I said in the previous episodes, like a six month jump. It's October fourth, two thousand and six. Maybe having that long to work on it. You know how sometimes you work on project and you can try to perfect it, and he's just it's never gonna be perfect, And the longer you spend working on it, it's kind of like I always compare it to Axel Rose making his Chinese Democracy album, which took like fourteen years to make, and at the end it was just it was shit because he just he overproduced everything thought it.
Speaker 4: Yes, sometimes the choices you make. Yes, I wouldn't know about this because everything I do is just perfect right out of the gate.
Speaker 2: But Otomber fourth, two thousand and six Top three films at US box office, number three, we have The Guardian. Yeah, that's not bad. It's Kevin Costner and Ashton Kutcher think it's about the Coastguard. Okay, actually that was number two. Number three was actually Jackass number two. Oh down for number one. Pretty good. Yeah, the Jackass movies, yeah, I always enjoyed. I'm apparently the latest one is. Yeah, there's one out this year. Yeah, yeah, I think is it Jackass Forever or Jackouse said it's the last one. But I've read somewhere where it's mostly just clips of the old ones or something. There's a bunch of new stuff in between, because we've got a newcast or something. They had a new.
Speaker 4: Cast for the last one, and those guys are probably coming back. Well, they didn't really sort of have the star power of say we Man or Preston Lacey.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's a need for Jackass anymore in our lives. The whole world is. Jackass just feels like it just feels like it doesn't feel out of the ordinary. Currently got Bam mcgheera back, Majeira, Yeah, you get me life back on track hopefully. Every When he came to Geelong, I do not. We did a gig in Gelong at the Bar and Club and I am seated wow and the start of it, and then I stuck around for it. And it was mostly just a bunch of guys on stage doing stupid shit. I went out sort of being gordodantly on that interested and at the end of it, what was left was beer bottles and shit everyone on the floor and bear my Jo and his crew had just ship all over the stage and this left literal human shit all over the stage of arm Clen. I see, yeah, show, I missed that show. Yeah. So you're like, so these people paid money to watch these men ship on stage and apparently they were picking up and throwing it at the audience and stuff. I'm like, that's that's the show. Yeah, love you Ben. Yeah. Apparently apparently they were throwing they were shitting onto the stage, picking it up and throwing it at the audience. Oh my god, I don't approve Jesus Christ. And number one what do you? Number one was I'll tell you. I'll give you a clue. The CGI film, it's had numerous sequels, but we're all directed video and it's one of those movies that just came out of time when it's like, all right, people love c g I animals.
Speaker 4: Okay, so not Madagascar c g I Animals, but with multiple sequels is it a land before time?
Speaker 2: It's open Season? Are there multiple? Open Season three? And a TV show?
Speaker 4: I did not know about this. I barely remember open seas.
Speaker 2: Open Season three and then there's a TV show.
Speaker 4: Because how long do we talk about? Like the Wild? That's what I'm talking about, The Wild and Over the Hedge. It was like, let's just make a bunch of movies. Can we learn a little bit more about Open Season please? Because okay, yeah, I'd like to know who's in it?
Speaker 2: Well, the first one's actually not bad. The kid watched The Kids have It on Blu Ray. They watched it the other day. The original. I think Ashton Kutch is in it. I think looks just dominating the Martin Lawrence, Ashton Kutchy, Yeah, Gary Sinise, Billy Connolly, John Favreau, Jakes, Patrick Walderden, Deborah Messing. I had a cast. Wow, did Elliott loved it? Because the Ashton Kutch's character was called Elliott. He's the deer. I'm nice. So what's the gist of Open Season? So he is a bear who was like taken in and raised by a human, so he's very much domesticated and then they have to send him back out into the wild, so to speak. And then he befriends a bunch of animals in the wild, and he's always like, I'm too good for this, I'm going back, blah blah blah, and he of of course realizes I actually preferred in the wild. Oh okay, so it's open season, so they're going to hunt them, and yes, because he's smart enough, he can help them full their I know, like a human, I know the ways of the human. Yeah, okay, it's fine, it's yeah. And they made a whole bunch of them, Yeah, directed video when it was getting hunted all the time open season. I don't know what the other ones are about. But our life is just as constant source of misery. Shoot us. But remember that as the time where it was like, Okay, it doesn't matter if movies don't do well the cinema because he's this thing called home video. Yeah, how movies don't do what the cinema? Oh you're fucked. You might get watched on streaming. It's like everyone's buying movies on streaming.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 4: But every once in a while there'll be that article of like this semi forgotten movie from two thousand and six is a big it on Netflix this week, and like, who cares? You know, the makers the probably are going, where's my card you gave for us, where's my money?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I don't want credit. I want store credit like that.
Speaker 4: So I've said many times about you know, our man John Carpenter. Oh, people come up to him and say, wow, you know what the thing was really the greatest movie of nineteen eighty two, and he'll say, where were you in nineteen eighty two? Yeah, that movie flopped. I could have used the money. Yeah, the original editor. As I said, I've took a fourth two thousand and six feature of the music. What was the song called Live Too?
Speaker 2: Will Paul Stanley and written and directed by Trey Parker. Matsow just gets no credit anymore. The boys are playing no Respect. That kicks off with them, you know in the World of Warcraft. Well, they're playing World of Warcraft, and I think it's important to start it off that way because it's like, Okay, this is the episode. You know, this is what you're going to get. They're bickering as their characters. I'm glad it wasn't all that. I mean, they could have very easily done the entire episode of them just in this world, oh sure, which may have been an idea they had at the start, but yeah, the way the Handlers was just fantastic, but the bickering as their characters. So they have to finish their quest of Stonehaven and Randy interrupts him. He says, how about you go out and socialize, and he's like, I am mmo RPG massively multiplayer online role playing game. He says, I'm getting XP with my party using team speak. I'm not. He's causing no again. He goes back to his game and Cartman is betting that they're walking around bets a Harte and then the guy that keeps killing them, which turns out to be Jenkins, he just he arrives. He's just killing everybody. He's a higher level and I thought you couldn't keep peop without a challenge, but he's worked out away.
Speaker 4: Plus he's just a douchebag. He just doesn't do his douchey dance moves before he kills someone like this guy's hateful.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is the thing. I wonder if this was an actual problem in World Cup in Warcraft at the time, where you know you had to challenge to fight was there, had someone worked at a hack were he didn't have to you know who you're asking. He kills Cartman though, and they said, whoever this guy is, he has one tough, bad ass cut to the iconic water warcraft meaning visual of Jenkins is sitting there, and it's not just sitting up. Sure, it's the leaning back, leaning. He's clearly down his nose. You've probably heard none of that guy. I was actually doing the po the lean back, but just yeah, the whole yeah, the thing on his wrist, the leaning back, the energy cans on his desk half drunk, the food, the pizza boxes, just absolutely spot on. He needs a shave as well. Then we're now at Blizzard HQ and Stan has called the WA a warcraft support line and stands complaining that, saying, you know, there's this guy here. He's supposed to be the challenge for a jewel. He's just killing us. What are we supposed to do? And I said, we'll band him from our network once we work out who it is. And they have a big team meeting before we do just one of my favorite I just love car He's goddamn but oh, I thought that was so funny. But I really won, and I love how they set the tone early on here. It seems like everyone that blitter.
Speaker 4: Is just said, is this this really nice person? We just want everyone to enjoy the game. Why would people country in the rule it's just supposed to be a completing question?
Speaker 2: Is why kill innocent plays? The game is about finishing quests. Why kill innocent players? The game is about finishing quests. We've got to delete him from the servers. We can't.
Speaker 6: Whoever this player is, He's played World of Warcraft so much that he has reached a level we thought unreachable. He's actually able to kill our admins, and he grows stronger every day.
Speaker 2: Jesus, I've got to get home.
Speaker 6: My kids are playing World of Warcraft right now. Jim, your kid's characters are already dead.
Speaker 2: No, no, they just started playing. What kind of person would do this? Only one kind?
Speaker 6: Whoever this person is, he has played World of Warcraft nearly every hour of every day for the past year and a half.
Speaker 2: Gentlemen, we are dealing with someone here who has absolutely no life.
Speaker 6: How do you kill that which has no life?
Speaker 2: But how do you cool that which has no life? Nice work park, perhaps, yes, how do you kill that which has no life is fantastic. Now Randy's at work and he's hooked already. He's like, oh, I've got to get into you know, in on this you know everyone's playing it. Manager. I'm assuming the manager. Manager must be very leny, you know the sentiment analysis. Yet he's like, no, no, I'm doing this. Talks about the the terror azor or whatever it is in some quest he's going to do, and then he's like you even with this, He says, you know, in this world, I'm felt core defender of the alliance. Then he gets killed right away. What he said that the manager whatever's just like you got killing killed. It happened in the real World'm pretty sure the boss will say you're fined. Now you can go back to work. You can get those samples in the last one. Yeah, the kids now hosting a little town meeting with themselves about how they're all getting killed. They suggest the album like Alec turn out of a box tape together. Can't suggest it's just they all looking together to take him down. Client says he's got better things to do. You can't brings up what hitler? Would you kill hitlers? It's just like enough the gags. They can't. We're all going to log in at seven, and Butters doesn't want to play. He doesn't play at all. Well, I don't play it, and what does he play? Hollo Kit and Arlan Adventure. I'm Butters, can we just play crash banding you guys and go on by? And I saw the web By sensations before we all met a. You literally my friends towards.
Speaker 4: Me BLUs, I love going down, go and get the online sensation to join the Horde.
Speaker 2: That's tell my friends looking like dude, just just fucking hurry up so far By, Yeah, we can really stick it to their ass munch and they went out in the game was giving a big rah rah speech and Butters interrupts as the same character. He's also a dwarf. A dwarf, so he leaves kidding me. And they said they had to be in bed by nine thirty, so let's do this. They find Jenkins and prepared charge scroll over with the mouse curses and right click, but then unfortunately he summons scorpions. Oh ship Kenny gets killed.
Speaker 4: By the way, you got everyone's everyone's character is their their animated version, their avatar or whatever. Speaking around the voice. Then one guy pops up.
Speaker 2: The Kenny gets killed, poos his pants. Clyde as too as he read and Playboy to to help because that was he's gonna do the crossbow. Then Randy arrives from the office and all the kids are dead. God fucking damn. But back of Blizzard and they realized they've killed every player in the Rothy Islands, and they say, sooner, it's over five thousand people. Sooner gonna be worried. He's going to be killed everybody, and everybody's frustrated. They can do what stop playing? Yes, let's give me the end of the world of warcraft. Yes, now the boys are playing basketball because they've given up. They're like, was this in fun anymore? They've quit playing. Wow Companies, They've got a solution. We can get to a super high level, just like him. It's just we have to kill balls. Yes, to kill sixty five million, three hundred and forty two hundred and eighty five bores. It'll take seven weeks, five days, thirteen hours and twenty minutes with only three hours sleep a night. He said, you can be outside playing basketball, socializing, getting fit and being healthy. Oh, we could see the computer and do something that actually matters and become the montage with your song, and it's them killing bars and gaining weight and just look up Live to Win. I just want to know when it came out with the Wind, what do you reckon? It feels very either late eighties or early two thousands. I don't know if it's a like butt Rock or if it's so it Oh that that's the album name. So it came out when this episode came out, it was it was a new song. Wow. The single this album's tide track was featured in this episode Mate, days prior to the album's release. Oh my god. So I wonder if this was the first time people heard the song too well, I love See. I felt so eighties. I can't believe it was two thousand and six. It's just like he's just stuck in that loop.
Speaker 4: But that's the We've gone far enough from the early two thousands now that we're starting to sort of feel a bit of nostalgia for it. And you'll have a lot of people who will be saying, oh, you know, I missed the glory days of that, of that sort of like butt rock you'd hear on like movies like the one with gently. That's an example that always comes up at the end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we need more, we need more disturbed the beautiful people.
Speaker 3: That's glory when she said, or the thing she said, the body.
Speaker 2: It's took my whole workout, even find myself sometimes listened to Limp biscuit in my plate like break stuff and things. Well, it hits the lizard brain. Yeah, it's so corny. It just it just hits you in the right spot.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, God, but I when I've got a forty five train and all this stuff they've got is just like remixes of stuff from the two thousands. Yeah, it's like this kind of sucks, but it also it's kind of working.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, So I didn't realize that this was a new single from paul Stown this episode.
Speaker 4: Honestly, Yeah, if you told me that it was on the soundtrack of Scarface, I would have believed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, will Yeah, we've had the montage now that they're gaining weight and whatnot, and Blizzard are now taking notice waiting these kids are They're growing to much levels so fast. Kyle's Mousto's clicking finger is hurting Cartman's reading the manual on the on the toilet about how to play the game and whatnot, and they're just.
Speaker 4: Getting progressively greasier. Skin's getting worse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're not even going outside at school time. They go in the computer lab and whatnot. Yet we're now back up Blizzard, and the admin said from they're from a small town in Colorado, and it's just they help them with the Sword of a Thousand Truths. It's a hidden weapon in the inventory. It was put in there too. It was too powerful, that's why they didn't take it out. Apparently you can cause one hundred and twenty damage perst second with an instant manner burn or whatever and an enchantment that BOOSTAA plus eighty. It was removed and stored on a one gig flush drive by an accountant I believe Salman there the accountant. Yeah, apparently in the prophecy. Apparently the name.
Speaker 4: Soulsman then got sort of incorporated into a few other games really somewhere.
Speaker 2: Along line this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's quite influential with game devs and players.
Speaker 2: Was Leroy Jenkins before or after this? Is he Leroy Jenkins? No? No, no, Leroy Jenkins was a thing. So there's a thing about a walkcraft. It was a meme where a guy they're doing they're doing this campaign or whatever and about to they're about to defeat you know, Jenkins, like the Big Bad and this guy just goes all right, everyone ready yet cool, let's do it here lerod D And he's run into the room like, oh my god, you've just went to the room. Quick, go in, go in, go in, and he sucks up the campaign. What are you here? God damnitly right? Have you never seen this? I never have. I'm going to show you this. It's it's it is hilarious. Is this is like a huge thing with my my friends. What great job guys to the plan. It's incredible. How you know, nostalgia work. So it's it's so hilarious.
Speaker 4: That you know, you look at something like that and oh god, remember what a time. It's like, you know, I'm looking at old internet means from say, from the late what's all the early twenty ten like good Guy Greg or something, for instance, you're in a good Guy yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Currently, the new movie Backdoors whatever it is or Backroom back Rooms was based on the incredially different movies Quppy Pasta y Yeah, and you've got a lot of people saying this is a very sort of interesting time for movies in that movies that are made by like random people for like no money and making more money than Yeah, and you've got a whole sort of new generation of filmmakers who have ye come from something different. I mean, yeah, you're gonna go way back into time to like the late sixties and early seventies when you had things like Easy Rider and that.
Speaker 4: Was taking over from the big studio system. Now all these movies they thought were going to be huge hits. I was like, man, we're in new generation. We're not into that shit. And then you had younger filmmakers coming through like Scorsez or Spielberg or Francis or Coppler or whatever. And that's where you got all these masters from. And now you've got people coming up from YouTube. I mean, you've had YouTube critics making movies and they haven't been that great, but these guys are, No, We're making actual short form narrative stories and now we're big bringing it to the big screen and feature length kind of like was very much like yeah, but it's like, well, we're on the verge of a whole new generation. This could be and a whole new sort of way of storytelling in a.
Speaker 2: Lot of ways. It's really interesting. Hopefully we get no more superhero movies, you get actual fucking original content now.
Speaker 4: Well, you know maybe with the case if you do make superhero movies, I'll actually be kind of good ones.
Speaker 2: I think we're back onto we're venturing towards horror being the key genre again. It really is. Yeah, well it's horror and not sci fi, but yeah, that kind of thriller. Yeah, a sure, horror seems to be the big one. Horror one of those genres where horror fans they will go to see horror. I won't say it's impossible to suck it up, because it's quite easy to fuck it up. But yeah, if you do it right, yeah, it can really hit. Yeah, and you can usually do it for a pretty low budget. Yep. But yeah, Lero Jenkins. That was two thousand and five, so it was after this before someone came out. But I feel like we didn't get Jenkins's name in this episode, but I realized you must be called Jenkins. That's a tribute because Leroy Jenkins was just like the epitome of just like whenever fucker was like, oh god, damn it. You right, But then they go to his office to get the flush drive and hold Up was like, hey, Man's sword or whatever is this? Yes, they're now all in Kampman's basement and they've all logged in and just it the way they talk Cumptman's captain is just gonna do this. And we just watched Lettle Jackinson. It's very much how they talk, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: It is absolutely yeah.
Speaker 1: Everyone equit healing potions to the hut bar. If you haven't already, cow, go ahead and cast Arcane brilliance to raise our intelligence. Hang on, I'm channing my fire spells for max range. Nice Stan, what enchantment does your Cloak of the Tiger have plus fifteen agility? Give the cloak to Kenny. He needs the agility boost for bow attax. Okay, hold on, this fight could last more than twelve hours. What if we run out of food, don't worry. I have that covered, ma'am.
Speaker 6: Yes, han Mo hot packet right away.
Speaker 1: Harn that's uber cool. Al Right, everyone ready, ready, heady, Let's go get him.
Speaker 2: Then the killer targets them, and Kampman says target scorpions and then we come back at seventeen hours into the battle and Blizzard guys and arrived to speak with love to Spooch, which is stands online name, but he's not there. They have to go give him the sword and oh my god, he's gonna be We're gonna kill my son's character. Randy runs off. Basically it's where they asked Sharon where is he? So they took he took that computer to go play a stupid game or whatever, and they're gonna kill his character. Who cares? Who cares? What do you mean stupid game? Kyle also has a couple tunnel here and they leave me behind. We can't leave you behind. Cutman gets there. This this is what I've seen this happen.
Speaker 4: It's called ben Gay in America. Yeah, we'd probably have something like Dpeat or Voltao.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Obviously my mate he had a sore finger and my mate was just like quick, but depet on it. I'm like Jesus Christ, by the way, feel end.
Speaker 4: So there's anyway you like? They're talking about manner in this a lot, so I decided to look it up. Yeah, manner is like basically code for magic. Yeah, like it's an an attribute assigned to characters within a role playing or video game that dicates their power to use special magic abilities or spells.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean the more maney you have, the more you can do. Yeah, but it's manner, m A n A. There you go manner. They says, so what and they go, we need to log in. Do you have an account? Neither us have an account? Wife, I have wife?
Speaker 4: You say I have a wife or I have a life. I think that I have a wife, maybe says life as they said earlier about how do you kill that which has my life?
Speaker 2: Yeah? True? Yeah. And Randy, Yeah, he's a new but he'll do it. And he kneels down and they hand him the drive. That's I mean I imagined before how I like, you know, I'm a nube. But how they incorporate all this sort of video game and online lingo into the episode. I think it's important that Randy's a character saying the lingo out of no context as well's I'm still learning it. Yeah yeah, yeah, but I think it's I think it's kyl when they're in the middle of their campaign and saying something that's so uper cool. That's what's because he says, mom, well, I guess that's uber cool. That's super cool. Yeah, But then they have taken the cap, so there's no car at the front, so Randy hijacks the car and then they call Nelson to use who's Nelson because Nelson to us his computer, but Nelson obviously says no. He's like Nelson, I need the computer. But the battle continues. Cartman needs to ship, so Leanne brings in a bucket or a bowl of whatnot. Any ships into the bucket and it's like horrific. That's a big boy. Randy then arrives at best Buy and logs into the wound Demon pushes the kid out the way, enters the game, and he gives the sword, doesn't know how to hand it over. Yes, what do I have to push? But he can completely drain his manner, so it doesn't. He eventually hands out to stand Stan. I believe hits that the guy which destroys his shield. It's very much for the shield is down and then so yeah, a lot of gold, yes, and then Cartman kills him. You're about to get poooned or as we would say, poooned. What squashes his skull? They sledge with the sledge when that's right. Yeah, and Randy says, I love your son and he's doing he's just dying in real life. Then all the characters come out of hiding. It's like we're free. He's dead, the witch is dead. And then but totally heroes, Uber poonage and now we can finally play the game. And then say they're playing the game and as their life going forward forever, forever and ever. But yeah, what a what a fantastic episode. This is great fun. Yeah. I think if you play the game you obviously enjoy it's a lot more. And if you have no knowledge of Worldcraft, you probably don't. But you know what this episode isn't for you, that's true. But so many people were playing World of Warcraft.
Speaker 4: I think everyone knew what if not World of Warcraft was certainly what online and culture. Yeah, pgeezer, it's the only thing. The kids just supposedly into this thing. It's well done enough as an episode that you don't have to be conversing with that so just even a passing knowledge of what it is, but they take you into that.
Speaker 2: World of Warcraft just as well. Yeah, well done, Parker. And you know it's accurate when you can watch it in twenty twenty six and it still feels like, oh this is what it's like. Oh sure, yeah, but the whole that whole world hasn't changed. You know, it's more accepted now and it's more, as I said, normalized that people do this. But I don't think the way they behave, the way they talk, and like the way it consumes your life has differed all that much. Not a whole lot. No, But that is our review of Make Love Not Warcraft. Hope you guys enjoyed it. The next episode of Going Down to South Park shall be Mystery of the Urinal Deuce. When we hear that episode. You can support us on Patreon for as little as just one dollar per month. What did you doing? Indeed, don't be a new support you now, don't be a new Yeah, see down, don't get poooned. All right, guys, thank you again for all of you sport. Don't forget sending questions through to South Park Mailbag at gmail dot com. Weegads we're gonna be answering those questions in an upcoming mailbag. But it has been a review of Make Love Not Warcraftis that D haves any final words for those amazing, incredible, fantastic noubes out there.
Speaker 4: We hope everyone enjoyed this episode of Going Down to South Park, the podcast that is Uber coop