Speaker 1: Job. This is one O one one WJR R, Orlando's rock stations. Thanks for checking out the Lynch and Taco Show this morning, it is time for teck it out the latest tech in science news to share with you. Before we get into that reminder, voting is open now on the JR Facebook page for this morning. You say it, we play it three days. Grace the featured artist, and three songs there to choose from. You decide the one with the most votes, we'll play back at nine o'clock and then from all of you who vote, you're automatically qualified to win Metallica tickets this morning.
Speaker 2: Pretty good incentive there, So go get your voting for which three days Grace tune you want to hear j R our Facebook page.
Speaker 1: You have it till nine o'clock to vote, and please just vote once. Okay. Well, the streaming service known as Max and previously known as HBO Max will once again be known as HBO Max.
Speaker 2: Does this have anything to do with pricing, because if it changes.
Speaker 1: No, no, no.
Speaker 2: I finally got the bundle with you know three that I got it down to where I was saving twenty bucks by getting more, which is wild.
Speaker 1: I've got to the point where I don't even know if my amount engage or my collection of different streaming services is the most financially beneficial. It's probably not. And to try to undo it and then redo it, it's you just it's not worth the hassle. So Max found out that when you go and you change the name of something and your customers still call it by the old name, you're kind of cutting yourself off at the pass. Everybody it's HBO, HBO HBO or HBO Max. Nobody just said Max. So they finally figured that out. They'll be changing it all back to HBO Max for the streaming service.
Speaker 2: There wise decision. Didn't a soda company do that? They made a massive change, and it's.
Speaker 1: Well, it gets similar to the rebranding of you know when they had new Coke. Yeah that was which that was That was just a misstep in every direction without one Yeah, which didn't last. That probably one of the most infamous rebrandings that just and reformulations that fell flat.
Speaker 2: That's why it's stuck out. That's why it's stuck in my head.
Speaker 1: In other streaming news, ESPN new standalone streaming app will cost sports fans about thirty bucks a month. The new service from the sports cable network will launch this fall. It'll include all of the network's programming, as well as other ESPN channels, including ESPN two, the SEC Network, and ESPN on ABC. Here we go with the bundles. There'll be a bundle available that includes ads supported tiers of Disney Plus and Hulu that will cost thirty six bucks per month. The service is different from ESPN's current streaming PM ESPN Plus. This new ESPN standalone app is for somebody who hardcore sports fan but doesn't want to pay for a full blown streaming service or cable or satellite. All I watch is sports.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: We get all your ESPN sports now, everything that's on all their channels through the new standalone app. If you want to pay thirty bucks for that, that doesn't help you with sports that are on other networks outside of ESPN. But you know, to each his own as to what works for you.
Speaker 2: That's the thing we were talking to Mike Bianki about.
Speaker 1: Right, Yes, yeah, yes, Microsoft denouncing layoffs of at least six thousand employees. But listen, I always love these corporate statements that come out after layoffs. We continue to implement organizational changes necessary to best position to company for success in a dynamic marketplace.
Speaker 2: And chances are we'll go ahead and hire them back at part time. That's a move right there.
Speaker 1: You know that's about three percent of their worldwide workforce.
Speaker 2: So you know the move I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: What's that? Oh when and whin they chop your full time benefits and then they will bring you back. Yeah, that's it's all about to pay for those benefits.
Speaker 2: I see what you did there.
Speaker 1: Apple is getting into the brain chip implant game. There's reports that say by the end of this year, a new tech offering from Apple could make it make its devices increasingly accessible to all types of people with disabilities and impairments. Apple has partnered with Synchron, a company that makes a stint like device that's implaneted in a vein at the brain's motor cortex. This implant is said to make it possible for people to control their iPhone, iPad or Apple Vision Pro with mind control. According to Synchron, controlled trials will begin later this year, but they already have this up and running in one person who's using it successfully. Interesting.
Speaker 2: I think, you know, normally when I just hear brain chip, I'm out. But if it can help somebody who's deaf here, if it can help somebody, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Apple, they are turning certain pop songs into low fi beats for relaxing, sleeping, and focusing. They just rolled this out in its new Sound Therapy collection on Apple Music. In a partnership with Universal Music Group, They've transformed hits from some of the big name pop stars into extended low fi tracks designed to help listeners relax, focus, or sleep. With brain friendly sound enhancements like gamma waves and pink noise, these mellow remixes aim to calm your mind, whether you're grinding through work or drifting off for the nights.
Speaker 2: You gotta have a break from the phone. Don't use it for sleeping too, got a ceiling fan for that.
Speaker 1: Invent Wood, a company in Maryland, is set to start making a special kind of wood called super wood that's stronger than steel now starting this summer, the new ninety thousand square foot factory in Frederick, Maryland will produce this material, which is fifty percent stronger than steel and has a strength to weight ratio ten times better than that of steel. The wood is made by taking out some of the tree's natural parts and pressing what's left to make it super tough yet light weight. It's also waterproof resists fire better than regular wood. The invent wood says superwood can be used for things like building homes, making cars, or even airplane parts, and it's better for the environment than steel or concrete. They raised fifteen million to get the factory going and plan to sell the wood for about five dollars per square foot.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know the average cost, but I'm just waiting for all the Neanderthals and knuckle draggers us in and in texts about super whooperwood? Do you know it's common?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: Three? Then lost by rachels.
Speaker 1: In other innovations, researchers at UCLA close to solving baldness. They appear to be getting close to the hair revolution. They say they found a molecule the PP four H five to be exact, that appears to wake up sleeping hair follicles and tells them do your job. What's more, Around a week later the job is underway, and actual hair is said to be the result, not just fuzz but thick terminal strands as the molecule blocks the protein that keeps follicles asleep.
Speaker 2: Eric Astrona hair.
Speaker 1: Google Ventures is backing the UCLA team doing the research, and sixteen million has already been raised to see the research through. The product is currently in phase two of trials, not yet approved by the FDA, and more study is needed to determine its long term safety, but it's possible that, if approved, the product could be available as early twenty twenty seven. And then finally, in some other health related news, you see these ads all over the place for the shots to lose weight. Right, of course, you've got your big name brands with those Zepic and Mogovi and what not and zip bound. All these offshoots have been offering less pricey compounded versions of those name brands. Those compounded versions can no longer be offered. So why because they were allowed to be offered when there was supply shortage of the name brand. Yes, okay, so the compound ones were then permitted. All these telehealth companies popped up and started offering them. They aren't going to be able to do that anymore. This is supply So what are they doing? They're now going to be know this If you're going to go this route with one of these telehealth they are probably gonna start offering something called Lera glue tide, which is an older GLPKE one medication which you have to inject daily instead of weekly. It's also not as effective as those name brand ones, and there's potential more serious side effects than going with the name brand stuff. Now, you'll still be able to get this stuff at a significant lower rate than if you go with that name brand stuff. But just know what's going on here with this and that's why you know how expensive that is. Well, if your insurance doesn't cover it, it's over one thousand dollars, you know, So it's and speaking of the name brand stuff, they did their first head to head test of the two most popular weight loss drugs. New Studies suggests as it compares the results of ter zeppatide known as Manjaro and Zetbound versus those using semigluetides known as ozempic and Wagovi, the Manjarro and Zetbound are the clear winners when it comes to weight loss in patients over a seventy two week period, translating into about a twenty percent of total body weight loss as compared to about fourteen percent with the Ozepic and Wagovi. So if you're trying to make a choice between those, if you do have the insurance or the money to you know, afford that stuff, that's something to consider there, depending on what your end goal may be.
Speaker 2: And as predicted, I guess the chip in my head that I have predicted it. All the Superwood jokes are in, right, Yes, you guys in your Superwood. Too easy to predict it.
Speaker 1: You're all studs. We know, we know.
Speaker 2: Clinchintaco on demand download the iHeartRadio app, all right,