Speaker 1: How will tonight's drafters handle the new England pass catchers. Is George Pickens due for a draft night rise? And will one of these twelve drafters be the winner of the one million dollar Big Gorilla Grand Prize. This season, We've got live coverage of the f FPC Big Gorilla as twelve players battle it out to try to win a million bucks. This year, We've got a great show for you. Farrell Elliott is here. I'm Eric Balkman. Stick around your high Stakes Fantasy Football Hour Live Big Gorilla Draft coverage episode starts now and the.
Speaker 2: Pressure I've seen.
Speaker 1: Broadcast live in horror round the world.
Speaker 3: You are now watching the most entertaining hour of radio on the planet. Welcome to the high Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, presented by my FFPC dot com.
Speaker 1: With your hosts, Eric.
Speaker 3: Balkman, I'm Farrell Elliott. The high Stakes Fantasy Football Hour is your home or analysis from the best players in the world at now. Because no one else was available, here are Eric Baltman and Barrel Elliott.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Robin, Greetings and salutations to all of you balcoholics and forrelli X. Welcome into the latest episode of the High Stakes Fantasy Football ho are presented by my FFPC dot com. I'm You're Slightly above Average host Eric Baldman. My co host is the definitive Commissioner of Fantasy Football, mister Farrell Elliott. You may know me from the road of his High Stake Slowdown HSFFO or Extra Reps, the Fantasy Football Players Championship, and of course FFPC insider access. Coming up on tonight's show, we've got live coverage of an FFPC Big Gorilla Draft as twelve players are battling it out to try to win one million dollars in twenty twenty six playing fantasy football crazy. If you want to connect with us on X, the show is at hsffler. Like I said, I'm at Eric Balkman. Check out Farrells Kentucky Fantasy Football State Championship at KFFSC dot com, post on our Facebook page at Facebook dot com slash HSFF hour. You can email the show at High Stakes Fantasy Football at gmail dot com. If you have any questions for us, please be posting them on the Facebook, on the X and of course in the chat tonight. We'll try to get to all of them throughout the live broadcast as well. Shout out to our audio engineer, my best friend Bryce and of course our producer and mutual friend Rob. Want to remind everybody six hundred dollars off each f FPC Main Event additional team that you buy after your first one is still live right now as you chase a million dollars in that contest. We're covering the Big Gorilla tonight. Don't forget about the seven Bananas promo that we have going on there. The Baby Gorilla features one hundred k grand prize, same exact format as the FFPC Big Gorilla, only one hundred and twenty five bucks to enter that. We have two best Ball tournaments. One has increased in prize in the first place prize from three hundr K to four hundred k this year, and of course enter the super Flex Bestball Tournament thirty five bucks just to enter that you could still be eligible for one hundred thousand dollars grand prize. Dynasty Startups Empire Dynasty Startups available at my ffpc dot com as well as a brand new contest player one. Check it out myffpc dot com mock for money fast drafts. It's a lot of fun and of course FFPC chop Leagues now available this year as well my FFPC dot com. Remember to like this video, subscribe to the channel, comments on the video, share with your friends, share with your enemies, and get notified each and every time we go live. Give you the schedule what's going on next week. At the end of the show, want to let everybody know that we are covering this FFPC Big Gorilla Draft tonight for the full duration of it, whether it lasts an hour, whether it lasts an hour and a half or two hours, we will be here for the entire thing, taking you through it and without further ado. I'll bring it on right now so you guys can kind of see what's going on in the drafts so far. I have it up on the screen just so or through the first round right now. I just want to let you know who is drafting tonight. Some familiar faces in here, some people who have been on the show before, some people will probably be on the show in the future as well. Drafting from the one spot tonight and taking Jamier Gibbs at the one oh one is Jeff Osborne and Cody Daggett. That is the Get Go two team drafting second tonight and taking another running back. No surprises. We've seen Gibbs and Robinson go one on one, one o two in most FFPC drafts this year. Don Tolby from the Glasting Franchise drafting two tonight, he takes Bajon Robinson the first receiver is off the board to Rusty's Bar with the team owner russ Yarratz. Tonight, he drafts Poka Nakua at the one O three and that opens up sort of like a Chalky receiver receiver receiver run that we've seen quite a bit this year. Frank I Bornoni, who is running the Aubrey franchise tonight, hitting clean up. He ends up going with Jamar Chase at four and then Justin Jefferson I guess not Chalky because that's Jackson Smith and Jigba there, but Justin Jefferson off the board to the Fantasy Black Mass himself. That is Raj Singh taking Justin Jefferson at the one oh five. Him is owned by Demetrius Parker and him takes Jonathan Taylor as the third running back off the board. At the one O six. We have Ashton Genty coming off the player pool to one oh seven tonight. That is Remy Lebau running the Remy Lebau franchise. He's been on the show before. He's drafting seventh tonight, and he starts off with a running back in Ashton genty, Jackson Smith and Jigba is the one aweight. That's to the Doggie Boys seven franchise owned by Christopher Gollan. Christopher Golland takes Jackson Smith and Jigba, followed by another receiver here, Igor Gorbenko, who was in this draft last year or one of the drafts last year. I shouldn't say, because we did several live on HSFF our Big Gorillas. Igor Gurbenko, who is running the Dude, Where's Derek Carr franchise tonight. He goes with the Monros Saint Brown at the one O nine, Todd Aaron, who just was on Extra Reps month or two ago on these airwaves, the mad genius of Fantasy football. At the one ten, he breaks the tight end cherry as it were, brock Bauers off the board at one ten, Christian McCaffrey falling to the Fantasy Sopranos franchise tonight, a team that many people will be watching given that not only Steven Yourgallos is running it, but you also have David Hubbard and Nelson Susa. Hubbard and Susa if you remember the twenty sixteen FFPC main event overall champs along with Steve Rgalos tonight running Franchise eleven at pick eleven. Christian McCaffrey is the pick there. And then wrapping things up is Leveon's big That is Colin Baxter at the one twelve tonight going with C. D. Lamb. And that is your first round. We got five running backs off the board. We have six receivers off the board, and one tight end off the board. That is what we're looking at here. And what else are we looking at. We're bringing in the co host with the most ladies and gentlemen, the commissioner of the Kentucky Fantasy Football State Championship, the definitive Commissioner of Fantasy Football, Farrell Elliott. Welcome to the broadcast. Good evening, sir, Hey Balky, how are you man?
Speaker 4: You are looking good, You're looking trim, You're looking impressive. You've got a little bit of sunshine on you. You look like a man who may have vacated normal responsibilities. And have seen to relax and enjoy some time away, perhaps in the southern and most tropical location.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm broad. I'm streaming live from Marco Island, Florida night as I was last night with Pat Ran from Legendary Upside. Yeah. I have been getting some sun. It's been fun, kind of recharge the batteries a little bit. But I excited to talk Fantasy football tonight and Farrell. I think the big thing that we see standing out in the first round tonight is what Raj Singh did at the one oh five, taking Justin Jefferson over Smith and Jigbo over Saint Brown over Ceed Lamb. This is a player that I think is kind of polarizing. We thought that this was a guy that was quarterback proof until last year when we saw he was not quarterback proof. Still ended up getting a for a thousand yards, but definitely did not live up to his ADP this year. But Raj Singh man, he is a believer and Justin Jefferson maybe we should be buyers into Justin Jefferson. With Kyler Murray as well. I know Adam Hahn is about to call me out on that Kyler Murray sucks he's awful. Don't have Justin Jefferson, but Raj Singh has a different viewpoint here. Justin Jefferson at the one oh five phar.
Speaker 4: Oh, Well, that would be foolish for for mister Hearn to say that, But I can understand you. You can make an argument for any of these first round draft picks. Me being captain obvious here I see. I'm my biggest surprise at seeing Ceedee Lamb at the twelve spot, especially what you see going on with his running buddy a receiver position reporting to camp and all is well, I like what that does for Lamb's game. That that, to me is a steal at the twelve position. Who's coming out of the twelve hole?
Speaker 1: Twelve is that is Levon's big and that is owned the team owner for that tonight is Colin Baxter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, mister Baxter's off to a good stack there. We'll have to see what he does at running back because yeah, four four running backs, five running backs in the first round, and when you report on the second round, we'll see a lot more of those guys coming off the board. You know, Balkey, has there been a draft in the Big Gorilla where Bowers has made it to the second round.
Speaker 1: You know, that is a great question. I'm looking up the mojo right now on this Darren Armani who runs Fantasymojo dot com at Fantasy Mojo on x, the godfather of the FFPC pros versus Joe's Challenge, which you can watch those drafts right here on this channel with myself and Paraoh as we cover those coming up next month. He any he runs Fantasy Mojo anytime we cite ADP or what's happened in drafts prior to this. He has all the data on that. If you're playing in the FFPC, highly recommend you get a subscription to Fantasy Mojo because it's going to be helping you out quite a bit. Pharah, I can tell you that over the last five days in the FFPC Big Gorilla, the latest Bowers has gone has been the one to eleven. Now, it's certainly possible that he may have slipped to the second round in a Big Gorilla, since we've been doing these for several months. Right now, my guess is known, but I'm surprised to see him going with the one eleven. I'm surprised to see Todd Aaron picking him up at the one tenth tonight, and I'm sure Todd Aaron was surprised at Bowers was still available there. He normally goes at the one oh seven. Over the last five days.
Speaker 4: All we can say about this first round is there's a wealth of possibilities and it depends on how you put it together as you go through this, as you go through these other rounds.
Speaker 1: The second round is completed here tonight, as as we go through it here, Trey McBride the second tight end off the board to Colin Baxter. Then the Sopranos go running back running back cmc in the first and Chase Brown in the second. James Cook to Todd Aaron at the two oh three, followed by Amari and Hampton at the two to oh four to dude, Where's Derek Carr? Which I love and I know I should probably give some love to the team owner who has that tonight that is Igor Gormenko. But the team name is so good, Igor, Dude wears Derek Carr for your team the rest of the night. Drake London joins the Doggie Boys franchise at the two to oh five tonight JSN and then London running back running back for Remy Lebau Genty in the first round, eight Chan in the second as a chance slips a little bit tonight, Saquon Barkley goes to Demetrius Parker at the two oh seven, Nico Collins to the fantasy black mask. That's Rojer saying a j Brown to Aubrey. That's Franken Bornoni squad tonight. And then we see a little bit of a rainbow finish here Kenneth Walker to Rusty's Bar, Colston Loveland to Glaistig, and then we're looking at DeVonta smith sneaking up to the two twelve tonight, to the first team off the board, which I believe is the only duo we have drafting. We have a trio draft spot eleven, but Spot one is Jeff Osborne and Cody dag As. They pair Jamier Gibbs with the Wanta Smith in the second round here tonight, Caeryl. The pairing I think of Genty and a Chan to Remy Leveaux, I think is very very interesting here when you consider Genty should have a bounce back season, I mean it was. I think he's a little bit higher than ADP but I don't think he was overdrafted tonight. And then you have a Chan, a guy who's been slipping. I think people are very nervous about this Dolphins offense, and that's why we see a Chan slip here from a spot where he was going maybe a month or two ago at the end of the first round. Now he falls to the two h six tonight.
Speaker 4: I like what he's doing there with a Chan, and I would remind everyone that I think it's a very good idea not to plant a proverbial flag on non performance for certain players. You know, Scott Scott called we visited with last week. He made some wonderful commentary for reasons that he would be off genty this year, and I understand them. At the same time, he talked about what he would expect at the quarterback position out of Minnesota. I don't think we can just determine that those are not professional quarterbacks that can't get the ball to the number one receiver, justin Jefferson. I don't like it necessarily as a football situation, but I could be in a I could be understanding that I like it in a fantasy football situation. And then Adam drops in that he says like Taylor and Barkley, Moore and I would have to agree. But there is explosiveness in a chance game, and the Dolphins will have to lean on that to experience any kind of success this year. So I'm surprised that a Chan is available there, and if he's going to be, you want to grab you. Quite honestly, I'm surprised that bark was available there, which means that I'm surprised any wide receivers are being drafted at all.
Speaker 1: Right, exactly, Yes, we have the Taylor Barkley argument that Adam made. I think I would agree with it you guys as well. I think I like the Taylor Barkley start a little bit more. However, I will say that we have. Is it fair to say that Taylor and Barkley's best football is behind him? I know that there's still I know that they're still going to be very good for fantasy, but we haven't seen the yet the best of gents. In my opinion, I don't know if we've seen the best of a Chance. So there is that sort of like mystery box aspect of drafting those guys there. Whereas Taylor and Barkley, you know, you're probably going to be getting from him, and that's fine because it's usually been pretty good what you've got from And I was in a Farrell a Kentucky draft baster today and I was faced with the decision of Chase Brown versus a mari and Hampton versus Saquon Barkley on the board in the second round. And and I even asked my son, my twelve year old son, and he told me Barkley all the way at the two to oh three. I ended up going with the Chase Brown just kind of had enough of them. But I think that's a fascinating decision that people are going to be having to make. In the second round of drafts. We see that Brown goes to the Sopranos at the two o two, Hampton at the two oh four to Gorbenko, and then we see Barkley fall the way to the two oh seven to Demetrius Price. So I think there's those running backs in the back half of the second round. I don't necessarily have any strong feelings on me. I mean, I do like Cook. I didn't even mention Cook. Cook goes off of the two oh three to Todd Aaron there tonight but those running backs that are coming off the first half of the second round, I think may we may look back on it and say, man, we liked a lot of those guys at that time, but not every single one of these guys is going to hit. And getting that pick right at the end or the beginning of the second round is going to be so paramount to winning a million bucks for these players in the FFPC Big Guerrilla this year.
Speaker 4: I'm really thrilled with what Team three doing and if I thought I could get that, that's the way I would go with him.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So we look at Team three here and you're looking at this is Rusty's Bar, who was drafting at the one O three tonight. Rusty's Bar is owned by russ Yaritz tonight, and he has started off with Nikua, Kenneth Walker, Derrick, Henry Pharrell. I think that getting Walker and Henry in the first two rounds is going to be good for this team, given what he can scoop up at receiver these next couple of rounds and perhaps maybe that tight end. What do you make of the Nakua pick over Jamar Chase at the one O three.
Speaker 4: I think it's going to happen often. I really do. I think that you just talked about best football in front of you. The competitor in Nikua matched with the quarterbacks comfort and relationship with him, the fact that it still remains somewhat a mystery at tight end with that team, and the fact that we love the Rams defense so much. We think that those elements make Nakua I have to go to very successful. You're always surprised, I think, and I would have to look up and see how many games last year he didn't hit it. But you're always a little bit surprised if you don't get fifteen points out of that player, and you're not surprised to get twenty. And I think that's I think, you know, sure you could have Chase, but I like what he's doing there.
Speaker 1: You know. The other thing that we could talk about with Cincinnati here briefly, Pharrell, what are the chances that and we haven't seen Burrow or Higgins get drafted yet, but what are the chances that Burrow, Chase Higgins and Chase Brown all pay off at their ADP? It can't be that good, right or do we think that all four of a payoff?
Speaker 4: Yes? I do. I think I've always thought Higgins ADP was a little high, and then he proves that he outperforms it generally, and so you know I'm wrong. And Chase Burrow stays on his feet and the line protects him. Burrow will perform. I don't. There's if you're going to make an argument that Cincinnati Bengals offensive weapons can't perform to ADP, you might want to move back to the first round and say, hey, you got two raiders in it. But I believe that those guys, you know, Bowers will be on a bounce back year. And you've already spoken what you believe about Jenny and Genty, and I'm closer to being in your camp than the negative gent camp.
Speaker 1: You know, going back to the first round here very briefly, since they just made a pick in the fourth. But the Fantasy Sopranos, we have our buddy Michael Cansel, the Fantasy meatball himself, saying that he loves the McCaffrey value at one eleven. And yeah, Steven Gollis chimes, and I'm not into CMC but want of left, which I think is interesting too, because fairly you look at a guy like McCaffrey the volume and the workload last year was insanely high, and normally for a player like that comeback player of the Year had four hund plus touches, did a lot with him, was great all season. Normally you think that a player like that would be right in the Gibbs and Robinson discussion, but he's not. And I think part of the reason he's not is because people are very nervous about a guy coming up on age thirty getting that huge workload again and whether he can be healthy all season. That's a conundrum where I've kind of been dabbling with McCaffrey late in the first round, but I'm definitely not all into him. But I'm telling you, you know, the situation tonight that we see where he falls all the way to the one to eleven gods, that's probably a choice you have to make there.
Speaker 4: I really would like you to dispel some of those old school lean back on fantasy football truism. This player, the athletic aspect of the players that are in the NFL now is different from five years ago. And you know what is the physical difference of McCaffrey one year removed from last year where he handled this workload and handled it. You know where he would deserve to be one of the first two or three picks in the draft. So I think that you know, that's that's a real gift for the Sopranos. And I'll go back to you on my Bowers question. How late has McCaffrey ever gone in a draft? I I would I would wager on McCaffrey here team number three. I would have been a thrilled to get Derrick Henry in the third round. Players that have been used in the past will be utilized in the future, and that's what we want in fantasy football.
Speaker 1: McCaffrey, this is the latest Farrell and any big gorilla that we've had UH this week, over the last five days. The latest he's gone is been the one to ten. He goes at one eleven tonight. UH to the FS franchise here and we get some McCaffrey reaction here with Joe King chiming in in the chat. CMC looked awful as a runner to finish the season, and yeah, he certainly didn't look good. I know the matchups weren't the greatest in the world, especially in the playoffs as well, and then our Buddy dom Gazetti Chiming and let's hope see him see Bucks. The trendy's had these last several years, one full season, one year, next season, injury, repeat. And certainly if you're investing a first round pick in McCaffrey, you don't want to see the you know, the the down season after the big season last year so or this coming year as well. So that's kind of the take on on McCaffrey. We see the sopranos. We we already mentioned Chase Brown going to them at the two two, and then they get Olbby and Burden, two higher upside wide receivers there. I shouldn't say upside. I can't remember he was talking about this the other day, but that we over use the term upside way too much and it can mean so much to so many different people. And when you consider that Olabby is coming off one hundred catch season, maybe that's gonna be his best season. I think Luthor Burden, you know, I shouldn't say. I think I'm almost assured that Luthor Burden's best football is in front of him. And this is another player that's really been pumped up this year. But Pharall i think you got to take swings on players like that in order to you know, get these home runs, whether it's a home run in the second round, fourth round, eighth round, tenth round, twelve round, whatever it is. We're not number round as well. You have to take swings on these players. And certainly Burden is a swing on a player here as we see him go off the board at the four h two as the second receiver for the Irgallos Hubbard Sousa franchise.
Speaker 4: This is true Factsbaukey, and I think maybe there's a potential for you to publish a Fantasy Football definition for dummies, you know, because it you know, I I think that we have amongst these drafters, certainly with Steven g and Hubbard and that group you have, you have guys that have an idea to win the Big Gorilla Bulky and what's the grand prize in the Big Gorilla one million dollars. What these cats are after one million dollars, and so they're going they're not looking to take safe hits. If we look at that fourth round, you can see some safe receivers that went after Burden. But you know, Mconkie comes to mind. I think Mconkie has a big bounce back season. You know, Wilson has some question marks. It's hard to get behind the quarterback there. I begin to sound a little like Adam, which is a good way to saund because Adam knows what he's doing. The z A Flowers, I think you keep talking about best football. Let's turn that into best production. I think we've seen about the best production we will get from Zay Flowers. But we don't know. He's got a new coach and new situation and a quarterback that seems to be really enjoying himself. So I know, I really love what the sopranos are doing here. Let's just put it that way.
Speaker 1: We have Joe King piping in. As far as our Luther Burden discussion goes, he said he saw Burden go twenty sixth this week in the FFPC Big Gorilla over the last five days. The earliest we have seen Yeah, the earliest we have seen Luther Burden has been the three twelve. Obviously, if he's going twenty six that means he's at the three to zero two, which is higher than that. So Burden obviously is a very polarizing player this year. There are plenty of people that are all in on him. There are other people that are still somewhat skeptical. We have Adam Han also chiming in saying that Doggie Boy is PI and yellow, and that's what we see here from Doggie Boy in the eighth spot tonight. Doggie Boys seven is actually owned by Christopher Galland and he has started off with four straight receivers here, Farrell going with JSN in the first, London in the second gets eg Buka and then Teteroa McMillan Ttero McMillan as his number four receiver. You gotta love that be interesting. As I always say, when these when these players go with these unbalanced starts, it all depends how they sort of fill in the cracks. But Parrel, if you want to be able to fill in the cracks, maybe on the waiver wire running back is the best way to do it. And he could go tight end here. We only have five tight ends off the board. We're coming up in the middle of the fifth round. So certainly, if you want to build a juggernaut here, if you get lucky or fortunate or overbid people on the waiver wire for some running backs, that will be hits this year, maybe even in only two or three week windows. But if you use them at the right time, this could be a very special start for mister Golland here with JSN, London, Egbuka and McMillan from the eight hole.
Speaker 4: You know, if I'm playing next to this player, if I'm at the nine spot when it comes up, or you know, even before him, I'm at the six seven, I'm gonna draft a running back again. You know, I put the pressure to get him off that and the running backs. Look, you talk about the waiver wire, I say when and what week and how do they develop and where are they coming from? Because so many of them are in committees that you're not going to get consistent performance from them. So I this in in this format with the scarcity of quality running backs, I think it's it's sort of fools go to chase these wide receivers in the in the first round, second round, third round, and fourth round. You know, it's just just just a little it's a little bit too much. Notice however, that after he took his fourth receiver, only two running backs have been chosen, and neither one of those players. You get me excited. Although your favorite player was picked there.
Speaker 1: IRV.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my favorite, Yeah he is.
Speaker 1: He is one of my favorites to talk about on this show and I've been asking a lot of opinions about him this year as well.
Speaker 4: Yuh.
Speaker 1: The point that I want to bring up here and I got to go back in the YouTube. I think it was Michael Kenzell who posted it, and boy and now I can't find it, but it was somebody talking about this massive receiver run that we see in the in the fourth round. Here, yeah, here it is. It was Michael Kenzel What a receiver run there. It was in round four and it actually Ferrell had seeped into round five too. It started off with McMillan at the four oh five and it ended with DJ Moore at the five oh one. So you're looking at nine straight receivers going off the board and when you when you look at when you look at a run like that, Farrell, does it Does it change your I mean it's got to change your strategy, not change your strategy, but it's got to change your mentality of what you're doing with your next pick. When you see all those receivers go off the board, you know we have Igor Gurbenko, who started off with hero wide receiver here tonight with a Monross Saint Brown at the one O nine and then he went four straight running backs. So even after that big run of receivers, and I don't know, maybe there was a receiver he thought that was gonna follow him at the five all night, but he goes four straight running backs. And you can start four running backs in the Big Gorilla on any given week. He has Hampton, Javonte, Williams, Jacobs, and now Jendarian Prices as well as said the price is right. Maybe it will be the prices right this year for Jenderian price. But when you look at those four receivers, you just got done saying about the importance of drafting running backs early this year because of the high volume, because it's a top heavy position and seemingly a top heavy position, and I've heard a lot of people talk about that as well, because of the of the rookie class this year being perceived this week, we don't get those running backs sleepers anymore in round seven, eight and nine. There going in rounds four and five. And now you have a situation where with Gurbenko having his wide receiver and now he's got to find receivers, and running receivers in tight ends fail. But his running back situation is kind of taken care of. And we're only in round six, and.
Speaker 4: I don't believe he'll have any trouble finding these wide receivers. Now you're talking to Guy Balke, who doesn't ever meet a wide receiver that he doesn't lie. And you know, I'll point out if that Pittman is still available. But we're in a situation where excellent quarterbacks with very very good passing attacks have a number two receivers available and you can go to you You could even take it as far as to go to the raiders. Here's a situation where the number two wide receiver is undefined. And I think that guy could be available seventeen to eighteenth round and that would be a good investment. But you're not going to find a running back that would reward you in those in those double digit rounds, I don't think.
Speaker 1: I mean you talk about reward. Yeah, there could be a reward there, but it's gonna take something significant, like a significant injury or or we're underestimating, you know, how good one of these rookies could, like Emtt Johnson or something like that, or Jonah Coleman. I know Adam Han's a big fan of as well. But like players like that, like if we're severely underestimating them and then things fall right, then yeah, we could see it. And again it's not like, and I stress this all the time, you don't need these guys in the double digit rounds to be massive hits that that turn into you know, Jamal Charles or Jamonte Williams or anything like that. You need these guys to sometimes, especially later the guys later on, just be good for two weeks, just be good for three weeks. That can help you through a stretch or perhaps help you in the in the Fantasy playoffs or you know, even the the championship sprint at the end, because if you get that running back in that right, win dough and you have your receivers lined up like like Doggie Boys does now at the at the eighth spot, getting too and the DeAndre Swift, now you could be looking at something.
Speaker 4: Here, Swift selection especially I like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and and and and I think the the the Swift versus Menungui conversation is going to come up here. Uh, you know before we're done with this draft, and obviously throughout the season as well. But the guy who took uh uh DeAndre Swift there, that is his second running back. And of course I'm talking about uh Chris Collin, who actually said Farrell and I was trying to find this in the in the chat, he starts off with four straight receivers. He wanted McCaffrey at the one away, but he didn't expect Smith and Jigba to be staring him there. He wanted to running back to start off the draft, and instead he goes four straight receivers. This is what happens in f f PC drafts with the double flex's with the point and a half point catch a PPR for tight ends. There's a lot of different ways you can start your draft. You can go in thinking you're gonna start running back, running back, and then Chris Callin ends up going receiver, receiver, receiver, receiver. So these things happen.
Speaker 4: But you have to embrace prosperity, and I think he did right there.
Speaker 1: Embraced prosperity is a good fantasy football team name for sure. You go maybe I give you credit every time I come up with one. You gotta get me at another Kentucky league for sure. The guy who's drafting h next to Chris Callin at the one away tonight is Igor Gurbenko. Dude, where's Derek Carr? And we'll we'll ask him about that right now because we're very fortunate to be joined on the high stakes Fantasy Football hour. Mister Igor Gurbenko, drafting from the one o nine tonight, Egor, good evening, What do you think of your draft so far?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 6: Guys? How are you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: You guys know that when you said some receivers were taken whatever I wanted it, I'll lack neighbors in the fourth round, I figure it out, you know, I take a risk and him by west Night right before me, so do anything I had to do. Just adjustn't adopt the strategy, that's all.
Speaker 1: And it's interesting, Igor, because we see all the time. In fact, one of my favorite draft strategies, at least a few years ago, I've kind of gone away from it right now, maybe I should go back to it where you start off with this hero running back and then you pound receivers after that. You kind of did the the the influx of that right the reverse where you get this hero receiver, and it's not like you wanted to go running back, running back, running back, running back, but again you're you're seeing the value. You understand that, you know these all four of these running backs could start on any given week for you. And and I'm sure that this I don't know how difficult the decision was to pound these running backs here, because it looks like a really strong core of a team, as Parrel and I have talked about already.
Speaker 6: Thank you guys. Yeah, so I thought the values there. I was thinking very hard between Jendarian Price and Swift. It was very hard to decide between the two. But at this point I just went for the with the upside, you know, because I know what Swift is going to give me. But Jendarium Price is either going to be much worse on Swift or what he can win.
Speaker 4: You know, Igor, I really like it. If I were to roll the team names and draft slots up, not have a guide of who was drafting, and I looked at this, I would think either I drafted it, or Steven g and the boys from Fantasy Sopranos drafted And you know, at least in one of those situations, You're in good company of drafts, and there's several teams here that have taken on an igor light kind of approach to this draft, and I'm fascinated. You can't share them with us, and I'm not going to talk about them because I don't you know, I think you did really really well here with your second wide receiver off the board. Uh but but there's some excellent wide receivers out there. I really love what you're doing. I'm interested to see when you're gonna pull the trigger on tight end. And I think you've probably got three that you really like and and they'll probably populate populate your team, and you'll be one of the last guys to pick a quarterback. And those are my predictions about you.
Speaker 6: It could be I have a few quarters in mind, and I have actually, you know, some guys alike. So here goes my big Drake May So you know, so the quarterback is out. So I was waiting take him to fall because I think seventh round is a perfect spot. Even sixth round, I think it's great for him, you know. But but yeah, I have no idea who I'm drafting. I'd be honest with you because I'm just looking at who's available. At this point, I gon to go. You know, I don't even know.
Speaker 4: At this point, I wouldn't say, you've got you guys to go off and and then you we're gonna see. We're gonna stick with you and see what it is. And I gotta figure that we're both gonna like it, like what you do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now we're not the only ones here is Michael Canzel the Fantasy meatball. Chiming in says he doesn't think you need to time soon, and he also says, great builds so far, thank you, and we will see what happens here is you're you're in the hole for your next pick. Igor, do you do you normally kind of not shy away from the elite quarterback, elite tight end in the early rounds and usually focus on running backs and receivers.
Speaker 6: It all depends. Just give me, guys one second.
Speaker 1: The so Egors so I'll just give her. Get everybody up to speed on what Egors team. We're talking with him. He's drafting from the nine spot tonight. We've just seen two tight ends go off the board right before Egor's picking. He's on the clock right now. He has Saint Brown and Devonte Adams as a receiver. And we've already mentioned the running backs here Hampton, Javonte Williams, Josh Jacobs, and now Jendarian Price. He is on the clock now at these seven nine with four running backs and two receivers in his stable. Igor, take us through the thought process here and what you're looking at doing here with your pick in the seventh round.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm actually picking a wide receiver, not because they need one, because I think it's a good value. And he either going to pay off for you know, you might miss a few weeks.
Speaker 1: Oh, there we go, And Igor, don't you think that? So he packs Alec Pierce there? Don't you think that that he is becoming a I mean, I know there's questions about when he's actually going to start the season, But I wonder, given the money that the Colts have sunk into him, the fact that Parrell's favorite person, much less football player ever, Michael Pittman, is no longer on the team, I wonder if Pierce might becoming a little bit of a value now that he continues to slip the draft.
Speaker 6: I absolutely agree with you. I don't see any reason why he's a number one receiver. Well you know, if you can, maybe the title would be number one. It's debatable. But think this year he's actually going to run more short routs because he's going to take me a bit more of a Pittman role and you a little bit. You know, he's still going to do what he does, you know, the.
Speaker 4: One bow as well.
Speaker 6: But I don't see a bus potential unless he's going to be injured.
Speaker 4: I think he's going to lead the league or be amongst the league leaders in yards per catch. I think we're going to see still right now, wonderful catches. Yeah, yards per catch, average, yards per catcher. I don't believe he's going to take any change anything much about his game going underneath, although they will, they will try to get him the ball. But you know, he's got a talent we haven't really seen that much of because of his deep route running is in college he was hell on wheels with yards after the catch and he I really like the physicality of his running and I think you're going to be really in good shape starting I'm on st. Brown and DeVante Adams and waiting for him to heal if he needs too. So I love the pick I think it's great pick. Thank you.
Speaker 1: We have to get into the Pierce discussion further, Pharaoh, because I think it's and there's gonna be another receiver that's going to go off the board here, and I think that'll prompt the discussion before we get into that. Igor. I know you're coming up here on deck right now. Fantasy Meatball wants to know if you were targeting either Travis Kelcey or George Kittle at that seven h nine pick the two tight ends that went off the board right before you picked Pierce.
Speaker 6: Yes, I was thinking about George Kittle in Travis Kelcey. He's absolutely right it was. It doesn't mean I would pick him a big one of them, but I was definitely thinking about them.
Speaker 1: So Igor is back on the clock right now. At the eight oh four, we are looking at a team now with four running backs and three receivers after adding Pierce to go along with Saint Brown and DeVante Adams on this squad. And I mentioned the strong running back stable of hand, the Williams, Jacobs and Price, which sounds like a law firm, but it's actually here tonight, which is great. You're on the clock. You have just a little over thirty seconds. What are we thinking here?
Speaker 6: You gotta be guys very surprised. I'm not. I'm picking a position Adam need and never really like this player.
Speaker 1: So here we go, and the pick is going to be running back, one guy from the Chicago that's it. So so we we just we were just talking about the Swift pick going to UH to team eight tonight, which is owned by Chris Collin, and Mananguy goes off the board at the eight oh four. Tell us a little bit, igor, why you like Manungai in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 6: Well, number one, I think the biggest thing is that Swift injury history. He's a good running back, but he's you know, I loved him, I said, okay, I draft him a ton you know, and then I think he was he got hurt a lot. So there is an injuries and it towards the end of the year, if I'm not mistaken, we're almost doing fifty to fifty split between suit Monangai. So I do see some upside, so a towarst he I can throw him as a flex and I looked at the wide receivers just to me while he wasn't there, I did not. You know, like I looked at the stable of guys and it doesn't really matter, you know, between a guy and the eight, nine or ten round, at least to me. You know, they're all in the same bocket, at least for me. So and yeah, I know I have five randbags, which is could be ludicrous, you know, but no.
Speaker 1: Or it could be great, could be yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean they always get injured.
Speaker 1: You know, right, I think so, so Igor will listen. Thank number one. Thank you for joining us tonight. This is always a pleasure watching your draft and then obviously having you come on here tonight.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 1: I have some good news and bad news for you. Bad news is you got some work to do at quarterback and tight end. Good news is there's some pretty good values that both positions that are still up there right now.
Speaker 4: Good news is that since you picked your running back, nobody has picked a wide receiver. Now, I have one quick question before you go. Johnston, one of my favorites, and Pittman, a noted favorite, had been available, would you have picked either of the overmano guy? No, okay, well we might need to do We might need to I'm going to be scratching my head here, mainly because I need a haircut, and then mainly because I would have liked you with one of those wide receivers. But nevertheless, there's nothing wrong with your pick. And the now we're up to four picks no receivers since you picked, so you know you're running the draft. Brother, I was able. You better impress me with your tidy end selections. That's all I can say.
Speaker 1: Igor you have. You have impressed us with your with your team construction so far. Keep up the great work. Good luck the rest of the way. Most importantly, uh, enjoy the rest of the drafting season, and thank you for coming on the show tonight.
Speaker 6: Man, Thank you, guys have to speak with you.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Fantasy meatball is dropping in here. Do you know where the fantasy meatball resides?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: I want to say like he's but I could be wrong.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and everybody believes that he's from Chattanooga, Tennessee right now, a city where you cannot get a meatball unless you're in business with chef boy r D. It's true, that's the only one. So but what a guy. He's coming to Kentucky this year the last year, right wasn't there last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have Adam han chiming In, who I know is a big time Bears believer. This year good to grab pieces of Ben Johnson's offense set to break the league in year two, and certainly that is within the realm of possibilities this year. I don't know if I'm as big of a believer in the Bears offense as Adam is, but I'm certainly not a disbeliever or an unbelieved.
Speaker 4: I'm closer to Adam's thought than that. And when all these Bears hit, Adam's gonna put up a picture that includes a smile.
Speaker 1: The yes exactly. It was funny because when we were drafting it at Caesar's in in February for the Super Sunday weekend, I was taking Loveland all over the place. I think I got burdened in a couple of spots too, but I know I grabbed a ton of love Loveland. And for players that are looking at you know, if they go wide receiver heavy early and need to fill in the cracks at running back, certainly going to the to the Chicago Bear as well in grabbing Swift and Monongai later could pay off, certainly as we go forward, and then obviously Caleb Williams, we haven't even mentioned him, sort of the cattle.
Speaker 4: That an observation many times when players are new to the ff PC, they'll get caught up in this this one point five tight end uh per catch. And I look at our guys now, and I could be wrong about this, but this group drafting here, they're not particularly overwhelmed by the tide end position. There's there's not that much blue on the board and and there's still some very good ones out there. And I I really want Bowers to be on some of my teams, But do I want to spend that first round pick for him. It's a dilemma for me because there's so many good tight ends I like, so I just wanted to throw that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, and you know the thing with Bowers and like FFPC, I'm fine with Bowers in the first round. I'm fine with him.
Speaker 4: Obviously if he.
Speaker 1: Slipped to the second, he's a smash pick. As the kids say, I'm fine with the first that you know. The issue I run into in Kentucky is like, am I Am I going to be able to build up my wide receivers enough? Even though I have that sort of quasi cheat code in Bowers and I haven't been able to pull the trigger yet. And you know, Pherah, I've noticed this in Kentucky this year too, And Steve your Gillis and I were I think he we were texting about this, or I can't remember what, but he said something to the effect of, like it's wild seeing the Kentucky players kind of like bumping up the tight ends a little bit. And he said, it's like it's like they're thinking it's FFPC. And while that could be true, I also think there's something to be said about getting these elite guys early, you know ours McBride, Loveland, even Warren this year. These guys could be massive difference makers for you at the tight end position where the.
Speaker 4: Top five or six truly separate. And there's some guys, you know as our cowboy tidy end been selected yet Yeah, you just.
Speaker 1: He went he went at the eighth eight oh five.
Speaker 4: See, there's a terrific player that does not have to turn in all those touchdowns that he had last year. But you know what a big year that was for him, what value that added for him. I I just think there's a yeah, there's a lot of separation at the top, and there's a lot of potential in the second tier of tidi ends.
Speaker 1: So I want to talk about this and get into this a little bit more with you, the receiver. I said, we're going to talk about this later, the receiver. I wanted. I was waiting to go off board to bring this up with Josh Downs. He's now off the board. Goes off the board at the nine to two tonight to don Toalby, who is running the Glaistig franchise. You had mentioned that and Alec Pierce is coming off two consecutive seasons where he led the league in yards per catch, right, And I don't again, I'm trying to remember what you said, but it seems like you still think that that's in the realm of possibilities for him this year. And I feel like with Pierce signing that big contract, I think he's gonna be targeted more. It's gonna be so hard for him to have that yards per catch title to his name again this year. And I think Josh Downs is gonna be a big time beneficiary of no Michael Pittman on this team and maybe no Alec Pierce on this team. To start the season. Downs, I think is being undervalued right now. But I really want to extract get more thoughts on why you think Pierce is still gonna be catching these big passes and making big plays.
Speaker 4: It's just the nature of his game. It's what he does. If you have a quarterback with great downfield accuracy, you're not going to just all of a sudden start having him check down and throw crossing patterns. You're going to play into the straits. This player is not good at it. He's great at it. He's a difference maker. He makes all the difficult catches and he makes them down the field on the move. One of the things I saw a great receiver make a touchdown catch tonight and he didn't even look for the ball until it was there in his hands. It was about fifty yards down the field. There's a thing of beauty. That's the potential that Piers has now. Josh Downs. I don't like to necessarily pick on a player. I think Josh Downs has some upside as a football player. I think he's a real good football player. But he's nine yards of catch, he's four or five touchdowns. He does not have He does not have the Jets. That what we would love to see in a receiver like Zafly and like the the older version of the younger version of Tyreek Hill. He does He's not that kind of player. But and and that's the problem. If he catches ten more passes, I still don't know how valuable uh, he is the fantasy players because he's he's not he's he's the polar opposite of what Pierce is. And uh, and that's very good as football player, But I don't I don't the ceiling that that he has. It doesn't compute to me to be a receiver that I want to start. And if I'm in the ninth round, Uh, we're going which direction? We're going left or right? In the ninth round? You know, Michael Wilson, Pearsall, Uh, some of these other guys, you know, even Sutton later on in the ninth round. I think those guys have and here's the word you wanted to use, upside thing. Their upside is significantly more impressive than Josh Damps.
Speaker 1: So so we have the other aspect we haven't talked about. And by the way, I understand your point that you're making about Pearson downs. What about Tyler Warren because this is the guy he took the he took the Abuca route last year, right of a rookie that came out like Gangbusters and then finished with a whimper. And I think the difference and guys in the chat correct me if I'm wrong on this, or Farrell you can correct me if I'm wrong. Agbuko had a significant leg injury that affected his production on the stretch. I don't remember an injury that affected Tyler Warren. So he did have the bad end to last season. And I say bad as a relative term because it probably was a normal end for a rookie tight end to the season.
Speaker 4: And when did he lose his quarterback?
Speaker 1: Well that that's that's another point because that was like November. I want to say that the Achilles thing happened with Daniel Jones.
Speaker 4: When you lose your quarterback as a rookie receiver. Yeah, and who was who was the who's the guy that came in there dream.
Speaker 1: That quarterback?
Speaker 4: It was Yeah, very same ages Drew Drew probably moves a little bit.
Speaker 1: Drew's a little younger than Philip Rivers. We have to get to our next guest here. We just talked to Igor Gurbenko, who is drafting at the nine spot tonight. But the guy, and we've cited a couple of his YouTube comments tonight. Who's drafting at the one aweight from the Doggie Boys seven franchise, Chris Gollin is joining us live right now as he has ten picks under his belt. Chris, welcome, You're halfway home. How do you feel about this squad?
Speaker 7: I feel pretty good for starting off in a way I didn't expect.
Speaker 1: Right, Yes, exactly, so, so I'll mention this too before Chris gets into it. Chris posted in the YouTube chat that he expected to start running back running back and he ends up starting with four receivers instead, which I think is fascinating. Chris, But this is just this is what's so great about FFEC with the dual flex ted in premium scoring. There's a lot of different pivots you can make, and you made a significant pivot here when you saw jsn Off there staring you in the face at the one await, you kind of had to like, you had to do some jazz. You had to pivot, and you did and turn out a pretty good squad here so far.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and the Hampton snipe right before it got backing round pick because I really and have done this and other big gorillas already gone McCaffrey Hampton and I love that start with the wide receiver values later. So this was just having London drop to me. JSN dropped to me. Ed Buka is one of my targets always, so when he was there, the tat one was a little harder to do, but I just thought he had better value. And then I feel pretty lucky with the next two running backs.
Speaker 4: And you can't argue with any of your receivers, and and and pretty lucky. Yeah, definitely with one. I think your running backs are leaving you in the dark a little bit, much like your connection here on the show. But I would I want to ask you about some guys that went after your swift pit, just to get a quick feel for him Brooks. Were you considering Brooks? Yeah, so Brooks went he went after your swift pit. Yes, so I.
Speaker 7: Was considering Brooks, but I was hoping he would get back.
Speaker 4: To me in the sound. He would have been my picking up. He's moving way up, He's moving way up the boards. The Uh then Dowell, what what were your what are your thoughts on Rico Dowell? I, I.
Speaker 7: Don't really want much of what's going on in Pittsburgh with the running backs. I probably would lean Warren if I had to pick one for the receiving but Doutle can receive two, so I don't know if that's just going to be a fifty to fifty split and we'll see what happens.
Speaker 4: So are you are you? Are you anywhere along the line? What's your decision about tight end behind Kittle? Don't give away any secrets, but I doubt if anybody else's listening to the But you know, I'm curious about Kettle's availability. How important tight end? He is my favorite football player, he's not necessarily my favorite fantasy football player. Thoughts on Uh, Are you going to have to carry three, maybe four tight ends?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 7: I mean, i'd consider three, but if Kittle's going to start, I really would probably only draft to and then look at maybe doing something off you know, the waiver wire.
Speaker 4: After well, your ninth and tenth draft picks are favorites of mine, and I think, yeah, so congratulations, so thank you.
Speaker 1: So Chris like it talking about the Kittle aspect of this. You wait till the seventh round to grab one. And and it is a guy who's you know, on the wrong side of thirty coming off of torn Achilles. We won't know what his status is before the end of this draft. So how do you sort of handle Kittle, Like, how do you handle the tight end position knowing you already have Kittle? Is it just like, Hey, I'm gonna add one more tight end And if kittle is is not looking good that first waiver war in September, maybe I'll hammer the tight end position a little bit more on that waiverwear. But I'm I'm you're not going to go, you know, overcompensate now that you know that you have an injured tight end as your or a recovering tight end as your as your tight end.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, if things had fallen differently, Warren would have been my pick instead of like Buka just because of.
Speaker 4: The build, you know.
Speaker 7: And I happen to be on the wrong side of thirty also.
Speaker 8: So.
Speaker 7: I'll hope Kittle gets back, but I will have another tight end in the next two rounds, somebody who's healthy to start the season at least right now and be pretty happy with just rolling with two on the team because there's not a lot later on that I'm a big fan of. It doesn't mean i might not pick a third, but I'm gonna be much more focused on running back and wide receiver the rest of the way other than one more tight end.
Speaker 1: Chris, you know the other thing I have to ask you, how good did it feel when you go that fourth wide receiver to start off your draft in McMillan, and then you started the big run, the nine wide receiver run where you're just seeing everybody draft these receivers, knowing that, man, there could be some good running backs or tight ends that fall into my lap, and then you actually end up getting base All Tooton as your number one running back. That had to feel pretty good when you watch the rest of that fourth round after your McMillan pick.
Speaker 7: It did because I was hoping for or either Bucky Tootin or Price to make it back to.
Speaker 1: Me, and and you end up getting too and then Swift in the following round too, and then you have the upside with Kittle. Pharrell talked about how much he liked your Trevor Lawrence pick. You are on the clock right now, Chris, uh and just while you look over, I'll just bring everybody up to speed with Chris's team here, he's got the four receivers that he started off with, Smith and Jigbo London at Buka and McMillan. The running back stable has been slowly growing. We mentioned Towton Swift. Dobbins is also on this team. Crosskey Merritt also joining this backfield. So four total running backs. You already have a tight end in Kittle, you already have a quarterback and Trevor Lawrence. The great part about this, as you start the second half of this draft, you have a lot of flexibility of what you want to do here, Chris.
Speaker 7: I do and I'm actually gonna go wide receiver just because there's one there that I'm really interested in.
Speaker 1: And the pick of the eleven eight is going to be one Jaden Higgins player that I'm actually starting to warm up to. In Houston this year, some pretty glowing reports Chris coming out of Houston from the head coach Nico Ryans talking about how much more bulked up Higgins looks, how much better condition he looks in and out of his brakes. He just looks like he's ready to make that sophomore leap.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: The passing volume is offense in Houston is probably what's keeping him down to an eleventh round pick right now. Because if this were an offense that was playing in say like the NFC South rather than the AFC South, I'm sure Higgins would be going a lot higher as the perceived number two there. I know Farrell likes Dalton Schultz quite a bit. When you look at the wide receivers in Houston right now, Higgins is a guy that I think is going to take a leap forward. I'm assuming I'm kind of echoing a lot of the thoughts of why you like Higgins here.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And I have a you know, it's a gut feeling that Houston's offense is gonna look a little more like it did a couple of years ago. Just something's telling me that they're gonna get that put together. You know, players have pride, and I'm sure stroud after that Patriots game, of which I'm from New England and a Patriots fan, But something tells me they're gonna go get it back together and this offense is gonna hum and with that defense, it could be pretty scary.
Speaker 1: You know, you mentioned the defense. And I think that's interesting too, because a lot of times we talk about regression of that I mean, at least I talk about regression of the mean a lot. And I think about that defense in Houston. Not a lot of people are talking about them regressing a little bit to the mean, right, because they were so dominant last year, so good. I think they're being on, you know, prior to the Garrett trade. For sure, they were being drafted as the number one defense this year. And I wonder if there is a little bit of regression not only for the defense, but some positive regression for the offense there to Chris, where we will see maybe a less effective Houston defense, but as a result, maybe a more effective passing offense and a more exciting passing offense. With Stroud entering another year of experience. Here, you have Higgins taking a leap forward. You might get Tank Dell back there as well, Jalen Knowles there. I think there's a lot to be excited about this Houston offense. And we don't talk about like the defense is regressing, because I think everybody believes Houston has an awesome defense, but there's still the potential that they could and as a result, Higgins might be the one of the beneficiaries in Texas.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think when your opposite of Nicocollins. Ugh, yes, if you're ready, you're going to get the ball. So I'm really expecting him to take that. What is a year or two for him? Leap Higgins sophomore year?
Speaker 1: Yep, Higgins, Yeah, you are coming up. You are on deck right now. Added the fifth wide receiver in the eleventh round. You could add a fifth running back here in this round. You could back up Kittle here in the twelfth you could also look at getting a backup quarterback to Trevor Lawrence. I'm trying to look at this right now. There's there are god, how many quarterbacks are off the board? Help me out on this chat. We got five, six, seven, nine, ten, eleven, twelve thirt two, but we had fourteen quarterbacks off the board. So you could add a quarterback here. You could also add a tight end if you wanted. The tight ends are are going faster. We get twenty of them off the board. You're on the clock right now, Chris, What are you thinking here for your twelve oh five deck?
Speaker 7: So this this, uh, it might make your buddy happy because I'm gonna go a tight end.
Speaker 4: Yes, we go one that has a pulse. That's all we need.
Speaker 1: Just one of Dalton Schultz. You go here, you go, Buddy City, and listen. I don't want to tell you what to do with your backup quarterback. Later on, there's not going to be one out there that might help you out. We'll see what happened.
Speaker 7: I mean, I guess I could take a flyer on them, but I'm not one for drafting two quarterbacks if I believe in the first.
Speaker 4: You know, your strategy that you started with was not the strategy that you stayed with, and I think you've corrected that and you've made a very very solid argument. However, the strategy to impress me is the wrong strategy. So let's keep Let's get back to where you are and go from there. But I think don't and Hills will end up paying some dividends for you. A good job, I hope, so thank you.
Speaker 1: You got it. That's Chris Golin, the Doggie Boys seven franchise owner, drafting from the eighth spot tonight. Chris, be good, keep up the great work, enjoy draft season, and good luck the rest of the way. Here most importantly, thanks so much for making us a part of your evening and coming on for our rod streams and I'm in thank you.
Speaker 4: It was great to be on.
Speaker 1: Awesome dressing is.
Speaker 4: A whole lot of fun. I want to say hello to our good pal that you've done battle with in Kentucky and the auctions for years, Bob Ward. I've always been trying to get Bob to branch out from the auction leagues he and Trevor, his son, and move into our snake drafts, as he would like to call him. And so I think that you know, something like this just may may do the trick now I have if we still had you know what was going on. This is, this is what I want to propose because our sopranos who have to have us on speed dial, and I'm sure they are going to try drop in perhaps coming up.
Speaker 1: He's coming up.
Speaker 4: Yes, well, you know the question that I will ask him now before he gets here, and I'm going to make a prediction is that they were talking a lot about drafting Montgomery in round five, but they took Watson instead, which I can agree with, But I don't you know these guys that are taking running backs in round five. Will you tell me how many running backs win in round five that you like Montgomery better than in Montgomery going in the twelfth pick? Or am I just higher on Montgomery than everybody else is?
Speaker 1: So for the purposes of this, I probably would take Henderson over Montgomery. I would take Montgomery over Price. I probably would take Montgomery over Tooton as well, and Montgomery over Irving. I take Judkins over Montgomery, though. So but it's so close. I mean, for anybody watching, like, oh, Bulky looks and see.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's close. You know, I don't think it's close. Maybe through the receiving game, is what you know, is where we're getting the I really on a team that on a team that really likes to run the ball in the red zone. I really love Montgomery this year. So and I'm just curious what the Sopranos if they were batting that around amongst themselves, because that was that would have been another running back that has fallen to them. I think we could say that, you know.
Speaker 1: We definitely can say that.
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 1: We'll get to Steve and in just a minute to find out what he thinks about that. In regards to Houston, and we'll talk about this. Maybe we'll talk about this. We will talk about this throughout the summer. But there maybe the most polarizing conversation about the Texans this year whether you believe that offensive line has improved, because there are people out there that believe it has significantly improved, and then the fact that they get Montgomery. This is going to be really, really good for Houston. There's other people that believe that it's it's been shuffling deck chairs around on the Titanic and it's not any better than it was before. Uh so so and and I think I'm more of the former than the latter. But you know, I reserve the right to change my mind. As I always say on this job. I'm going to change the pace here right now and not have me talk so much. I want to bring in our next guest. Ladies and gentlemen. He's drafting from the ten spot next to the sopranos tonight. You noticed that he was on You watched him on hsf O our Extra Wraps a couple of months ago. He is the definitive mad genius of fantasy football. He's Todd, Aaron Todd. Welcome back in man, you are twelve picks in this team that you have drafted, and we'll get to your first pick in a little bit. But as we wide scope it, how do you feel about the squad twelve rounds in.
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 1: Oh, Todd, you may you may want to turn that down because you're on a little bit of a delay here.
Speaker 9: Not too bad. I was a little disappointed. Go ahead, there we go. Let's take care of it.
Speaker 4: To shout it out when you know.
Speaker 9: It was a little a little disappointed. Uh when Higgins went and then Dart went, I was going to take either one of those guys. So I fell back to Pachecko just in case.
Speaker 4: Mhm, So I fell back to Checko just in case. There we go.
Speaker 9: Technical difficult case Gibbs goes down. I like Pachecko.
Speaker 4: We'll see.
Speaker 9: Might might be nothing, though, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, Todd, what do you make that the pick? I want to ask you?
Speaker 9: And I grabbed Party just because he's kind of right at the end of the quarterbacks that I like, there are.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's some decent ones.
Speaker 9: Stafford's not bad, and Murray's a uh a decent what the heck play because he's got some good receivers. So he might do really well. It's just I'm just not sure you knows how to throw the ball to his own players. He likes to just take it and run.
Speaker 1: You know, were you expecting Bowers or what? What was the likelihood that you expected that Bowers would be there for you at the one ten tonight? Oh we lose had we may have lost time. Hold on you guys there, Yeah, we got you, We got you. I wanted to know if you what you thought about. Oh yeah, hold on, let me see if I can, let me see if I can try something here. Okay, no, nothing, can't hear.
Speaker 4: Us, Bunkie. I think in a way that we never use in a position we never use in fantasy football is the punter. But I think you know, Todd would I can't hear you? We might have to punt on listening and invite him to call back later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so Todd, I'm gonna I'm gonna bounce you out right now. I'm gonna send you a message if I can and see if we can get you back on uh, because I do want to talk about that Bowers. We talked. We talked about a little bit in the first round that you know, we talked about McCaffrey slipping, but Bower slipped a little bit as well. So very very interesting stuff there. And uh And rather than have us wax poetic on that, what I'm going to do is bring in our next guest here. Uh And and we'll hopefully we'll hook up with Todd here shortly. But I do want to bring in our next guest because I said Pharrell, I said he was the Nick Fury of fantasy football, bringing in all these great fantasy football players together. And he's co owning a lot of these teams with some of the great champions of the FFPC. He's formed his own Avengers squad, and he's drafting with with Captain America and an iron Man. Tonight, in Hubbard and Sousa, he is at Fantasy Sopranos on x A. No stranger to this show. Steve Dergillos, Welcome in, my friend. How are you tonight? What's up, guys, gender We're we're we're loving life, We're we're loving watching you guys draft from the eleven spot. Tell us what that conversation was like when McCaffrey was on the board at the one eleven for you guys, So.
Speaker 5: I'll have that conversation with Hubbard in the morning. Hubbard's playing poker and Nelson's playing poker, so I'm drafting completely by myself, So that's hilarious. The only the only thing I do know is that when Hubbard sees me take McCaffrey, he might not talk to me for two days. But at the one eleven I figured it was worth something.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, I do I know exactly is the only poker player in history that dislikes getting ices.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he's an ace, but I want to.
Speaker 5: I've decided to become a more disciplined drafter, so I told myself anytime McCaffrey drops below one ten that I would take McCaffrey.
Speaker 2: So I took him.
Speaker 4: Did you hear my question?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: Were you listening when I made the observation of Watson over Montgomery? Was there any decision for you to pull the trigger on Montgomery and take your.
Speaker 2: I thought that lem would come back to me.
Speaker 5: I didn't think this guy's gonna take I think this guy those guys gonna take a couple of wide receivers.
Speaker 2: I didn't think you would take Montgomery.
Speaker 4: You're you're you gambled that he would come back.
Speaker 2: It wasn't.
Speaker 5: It wasn't a big thing because I didn't move Brian Thomas up. So you know, it was either Montgomery, Tate or Thomas. Those are the three guys I had.
Speaker 4: So you had Watson in front of all of them.
Speaker 5: I mean I had Watson to me. You know, I said it last time I was on. I think Watson is this year's.
Speaker 1: Chris al Oh wow, yeahs well, lot of they caught a hundred passes last year. Watson isn't catch.
Speaker 2: I don't know, you know, you don't know.
Speaker 5: I think that if you guys watched the last couple of games he played, he was a different receiver. He's more complete, he's running routes, he's not just stretching the field. Uh, they think out the wide receiving core. I'm assuming that they're they're going to concentrate it. Concentrate it, right, I mean, you're the you're the Packers, you're the resident Wisconsin you know.
Speaker 2: So yeah, look again, I've drafted so many of these.
Speaker 5: I'm just you know that this is probably my first second share in McCaffrey.
Speaker 2: So you got to do that.
Speaker 5: But Watson you know, you know my opinion on him, I think that the burden again a lot of upside.
Speaker 2: You know, this team is kind of like a tournament team.
Speaker 5: It's you got you know, as I play more and more through the years and you play with guys like Hubbard and Nelson, they play for the tournament.
Speaker 2: They did. You know, regular season's great.
Speaker 5: Get me enough bullets in the gun, you know after week fourteen, and let's take shots at it.
Speaker 2: So if you look, I've kind of built this team that way. I took Quentin.
Speaker 5: Johnson to make Farroll happy.
Speaker 2: I took to make Ferrol happy.
Speaker 5: So that day, Ago and Justin Herbert I think has a real possibility of being QB one. I think it's between him and Drake may So. And then I didn't think Mitchell was going to drop to me, so I said, wow, well.
Speaker 1: You know what you know, Steve, what's interesting about your squad is, as I you know, you just mentioned a bunch of them. You have Quentin Johnston, Justin Herbert, and Keaton Mitchell. We we were talking with Adam Hahn was posting in the YouTube chat earlier about getting pieces of Ben Jason since Bears offense is probably a smart thing to do this year. You're acquiring pieces of Mike McDaniels offense in Los Angeles. Has that been something that you've been doing, whether it's you know, Hampton or Herbert or or McConkie or anybody. I know you're down on McConkie if I remember correctly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know you don't be better than I know myself, right, No, I know you guys know you know that I'm high in Hampton because in Kentucky I try to take them almost every draft. So you know, I think that that offense is going to be pretty spectacular if the offensive line is a big if. I mean, if the offensive line holds up. You saw what Herbert could do. Quentin Johnson. Can I like Quentin Johnson because he's cheaper than a Coonkie when you know you got it. I drafted so much that I could in my sleep right now, I can tell you where, guys, I'm gonna take risks on.
Speaker 2: I didn't win on Montgomery.
Speaker 5: But by the time we draft in Vegas, Brian Thomas going to be in a fourth round the way they're steaming them up. So I mean, at the end of the day, Quentin Johnson's the value. Justin Herbert, I feel could be the overall uh QB one. I think him and Drake may are gonna fight for that. I don't I love Josh Allen, I mean he's gonna be there also, But these guys, you know, I mean, I like Justin Herbert. I think that where I got him a ninth nine ten turn. I mean, can't go wrong there, right, fantastic.
Speaker 1: There is talk and I can't remember who it was. And YouTube was really really surprised to see Ken Kaid go in the seventh and and that's where he took him obviously, Quentin or excuse me, h Dalton. Kinkaid for you was the seven O seven eleven and I think his ADP Steve is like eight oh five, So it's not like you overdrafted him.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know who.
Speaker 5: This guy is, but I could, I could, I could give I could tell you one thing that me and a Bee fight to get him in every draft were in. So if that guy's targeting Kinkaid, believe me, he's a good pick.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: So and not only that, he's also been talked up. Who else is on the board. If this guy could tell me I missed the tight end. You know that I didn't, and I took King kaid I. You know that's great, But I think's the best tight end on the board with the biggest upside. And you know there's no reason why I shouldn't take him there zero.
Speaker 1: I think the thing with Kinkaid here, and I'm with you, like I've been drafting a little bit more lately. Uh, Ferguson went after him, which, okay, I get maybe maybe some people would like Ferguson better. I happen to like Kinka better because I think the ceiling is higher. And then the other pick that I think you can make a case for is Mark Andrews. But then you look at what the Ravens did.
Speaker 2: I almost double I almost double tapped. I almost took Cave and Andrews.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh and so when you consider adding the two receivers there, adding the two tight ends, I just to me, kinkaid is is is much more exciting. It's more of a fun pick than Mark Andrews this year. So I don't fault you for that at all. Somebody else also said, and this is surprising to me, you took Brian Thomas over Parker Washington Steve mm.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and I mean it's I mean, I mean I like Parker Washington, but I mean I'm asking you the question because I do know you like Washington.
Speaker 1: And then all of a sudden, I see BTJ go off the board to you when p pee watch is still out there.
Speaker 5: So here, here's here's the way I look at I'm looking at this stuff right, And it's not a main it's a it's a big gorilla. When we get together live, Brian Thomas is going to go in at the four or five tournament, okay, because they're gonna steam them up.
Speaker 2: You see the hype that's going on here.
Speaker 5: Me and Hubbard were Me and Hubbard were going back and forth, not going back and forth. Actually we were drafting A. J. Brown in the third round and DeVonta Smith in the four round on every early big gorilla.
Speaker 2: Why because look where A J.
Speaker 5: Brown's going now and look where the Vanta Smith's going now. So you have the kind of draft to know how you're gonna get a unique build in this tournament. It's all about it's all about having an edge. So if you're gonna draft one way, yeah you know that's the way. That's the way I looked at it. I looked at it as that Brian Thomas over Parker Washington. It's it's I know it's debatable, but I feel that in the build that I had here, I like Brian Tom. I actually like Cornall Pate better than all of them. I wish Cornalltates after me, but Brian Thomas to me was good.
Speaker 1: The so like And you've done this for a while now, Steve, do you believe that that we're gonna see more of a of a rise on beats EJ rather than Parker wh like? Like, I know you you You just said that you're gonna see a Washington and he says, steam him up. It's not it's not hard to create steam. Four wide receiver going.
Speaker 5: Right and steam is so easy, feral. You have to just look at it that way. They're going to steam them up. I've been going back and forth with THEO Gremminger, and I've been telling him, you keep killing me because you keep steaming up Isaiah Likely, who I.
Speaker 2: Was taking the eleventh round. You keep steaming up Rossard White.
Speaker 5: These guys are all all all going up, so you have to try to, like, you know, get in front of certain picks.
Speaker 4: You drafters, Steve, Drafters that hold grudges because a player they really bought into had an off year, are really really making mistakes.
Speaker 5: So so let's look at it this way, because because I think that I was, I was, Me and Nelson were trying to get like he's getting his rankings together that he's going to post on FTN, and you know he was. He's been working on him literally for like twenty hours today. But before that, he you know, we were talking like try to find the guy that was going le like like Brian Thomas Junior. He was a one two turn guy, right, he's look where he's going now, I could have he could have maybe went into the seventh round.
Speaker 2: So try to find guys that you know, we're going four.
Speaker 5: Or five rounds earlier the year before and take a shot at them.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's how I kind of look at this stuff. I mean, with Brian Thomas.
Speaker 1: At least, what about Steve? This is not four or five rounds or whatever. But Parrell and I have been talking about this. Barkley was the one O three last year and now you in like the mid second, which you know you consider four or five rounds later on in the draft. I don't know how comparable that is to, you know, somebody slipping a round and a half when it's the first round and a half of the draft. Barkley is another interesting guy. And and by the way, to piggyback on that, and I brought this up at the top of the broadcast. You came in the same decision as between Chase Brown, Hampton and Barkley. You go Chase Brown.
Speaker 2: So I like Barkley. Remember last year I said I don't want any she has a Barkley.
Speaker 5: But but so I'm in that slow draft that Karine was talking about last night. Yeah, he's He took McCaffrey in front of me. I forgot what the pick I am.
Speaker 1: So he had one, so I'm assuming I don't have the one O nine.
Speaker 5: So he took McCaffrey and I don't even remember who the hell I took.
Speaker 2: I might pick him genty.
Speaker 5: I took genty and on the way back I took I was debating between Kenneth Walker and Barkley, and I ended up taking Barkley. So he took he took Kenneth Walker. But I'm into Barkley. I think that Barkley is a. I think Barkley's gonna have a really bounce back here. They're talking about getting him involved in the pass game. If that does happen, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Steve.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you a question. How many drafts are you actually drafting right now?
Speaker 2: I'm only drafting this one?
Speaker 4: Well, amazing, very honored.
Speaker 2: No, I'm only drafting this one right now.
Speaker 1: But but no, Steve, you're on the clock right now. I want to I want to give you ample time to make this pick. You just made a pick. What we were talking about the Barkley aspect in Kaylen Black, which I'll ask you about in a second, but that is your pick at the fifteen eleven. We are now at the sixteen. Oh, it's been three straight running backs. Black and then you had uh, a boy who is going uh was owned by Colin Baxter, Jayden Blue, Braylen Allen, and you make it for running backs in a row with George ho'lanney. Let's talk about both these NFC West backup running backs right now. Kaylan Black, do you believe he is the guy to draft right now? Over Jordan James? Fully?
Speaker 2: I mean, look, the draft capital is tremendous.
Speaker 5: I was drafting Jordan James earlier, but I guess cale I had Kaylen Black teed up.
Speaker 2: The talk is that a couple of.
Speaker 5: Other teams like them, and since I have CMC, I figured like it could be Jeames, it could be Black. Let me take one of them and see, uh and see how this goes right. It wasn't targeting Jordan James. From what I'm hearing. Black is the guy that uh, I think he's the backup.
Speaker 1: When when you consider and this is and I'll get to the hole Oni thing in a second, but when you consider that this big Gorilla tournament, you're trying to beat out thousands of other teams for a million dollar grand prize, there is there are some who out there, Steve, that would say, if McCaffrey goes down, do you have no shot of winning anyway? So why would you get his handcuffed unless you believe that there is something special about Kaylin Black where if McCaffrey were to go down, not only would Black flourish, but he wouldn't have to fight off guys like Jordan James or you know, Isaach or Isaac Grendo or whoever there. Because you often will not see people back up or handcuff. There's stud running backs here in a tournament setting, but this is exactly what you did.
Speaker 5: The only the only running back that I will cuff in a tournament setting is Christian McCaffrey.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 5: And the only reason is is because I really there wasn't anybody glaring out to me. I wanted to take Jaduen Blue. This guy took Jayden Blue. He's got seven running backs, you know, I mean, okay, Jayden Blue. And then Holdani's a free look, possible possible lead back we're hearing remember me talking about in Kentucky Bulky, I took Kilani quite a bit.
Speaker 2: I took Holdani quite a bit because they like him, so uh, I think.
Speaker 5: Plus, he is a free look, so if he if it ends up not being anything, you can just drop him and try to pick up something else.
Speaker 2: But he's an upside play.
Speaker 5: So you know, a couple of sharp guys that I draft against have been taking him. So I figured, let me, you know, I'm trying to build a little upside in this late in these late rounds. So you know, to me, Holdani was I could I wanted Jayden Blue.
Speaker 2: To be honest, I think Jayden Blue.
Speaker 5: Uh, I think he got maybe got his uh he got rid of the Louis Vatan kleats and and you know, now maybe he's got his head screwed on. He's exped I mean, I thought I was talking with Ferro last year and he liked Jayden Blue before all the nonsense. So I feel that, Uh, I feel that Jayden Blue could have a season. I think he could have a decent season. They want to try to go thunder and lightning too with Javante.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm not in on Javante's price.
Speaker 5: I was in on him last year a little bit, but at this point I'm not taking him in the third round the way I think he's going in the third round, I wouldn't. I'm just I'm more of a at that point of value. And I think that in the in the third round, there's guys that I like a little better. So that fifth round you were talking about that fifth round, that's a great RB round.
Speaker 2: It's a great RB round.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think I think we pushed I think I think your Darien price got pushed up a little bit.
Speaker 2: But I don't know is he going in the fifth round price?
Speaker 1: If we look at the Mojo and yeah, talking about the the last five days in the Big Gorilla running back twenty six five oh nine is where he has been going anywhere from the four oh nine to the six four but five o nine on average for Price, so that's about right, uh tonight, But yeah, round dude like Judkins, Irving, Twudon Price, Henderson, Montgomery, Ferrell and I went over talking about which players I like better than Montgomery and it was about half of them and half of them I didn't. I think I'm I'm more team Montgomery this year, uh than than the rest of I think.
Speaker 2: I think he's gonna be a belt. I think he's gonna be the bell out. I mean, why wouldn't he?
Speaker 5: You know what I'm starting, You know what I'm starting to really get into again, Bulky Henderson.
Speaker 4: I'm starting.
Speaker 1: Listen, I have to stop this podcast.
Speaker 4: Because I knew that was coming.
Speaker 1: Every single stream we did last year, would time Travian Henderson came up, it was the Mike Vrabel thing, like Rabel stucks as he's stupid, he doesn't know what he's doing or whatever. But now you're in on Henderson, which I think like the By the way, I think I'm kind of with you on this. He's no longer a rookie, Steve, and I know that that doesn't carry a whole lot of weight to a whole lot of people, but I think it's carrying significant weight to McDaniels and Rabel in New England.
Speaker 5: I saw some video from camp and he's catching a lot of passes.
Speaker 2: I'm seeing I'm seeing Drake make throat of him.
Speaker 5: So, uh, you know, I'm tempted again to start hammering Trevion Henderson.
Speaker 2: Mike Edelman, who you've had on the show. You know, he goes, he goes, you know, my son.
Speaker 5: He goes every draft that we did live. He goes, you took BTJ and Henderson, So he goes, how's the guy doing? The guy takes BTJ and Henderson every draft? So uh, you know, I mean I was into Henderson and I'm starting to get into him a little again. You know, God helped me, but I'm just trying to I got a core group of guys, and you got to adjust a little bit. And I might adjust a little to Henderson because I don't have really any of them, but a fifth round price.
Speaker 2: If let's say you go.
Speaker 5: To the infamous federal hated build of zero RB. If you go there and you can catch Henderson in the fifth and whip around with somebody in the sixth, you kind of like you're in a pretty good, pretty good spot.
Speaker 2: I would say something I would.
Speaker 4: Say about adding those fifth round running backs. You can only get one because you were thinking about Montgomery coming back to you and you didn't get it.
Speaker 2: I almost you want to laugh, I almost took Josh Jacobs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why would we laugh at that?
Speaker 1: We're not gonna I would have taken.
Speaker 5: If I would have taken Josh Jacobs, Hubbard definitely wouldn't talked.
Speaker 2: Would have talked to me again.
Speaker 4: He's not talking to you right now either.
Speaker 2: McCaffrey.
Speaker 5: McCaffrey, he hates and Josh Jacobs is nicknamed for Josh Jacobs's Quicksand he said.
Speaker 2: He got auto picked. He's you know, he does a lot.
Speaker 8: Of best ball, so he got auto So he calls me up, son of a bitch. I don't want to curse on line. What happens then I go, I think so right, he goes ruin my day. He goes, I got auto picked Josh Jacobs, and then I got auto picked again. He goes James Connor, I might quit fantasy.
Speaker 4: Us. He's gonna quit, that's right, you know.
Speaker 1: And you see him.
Speaker 4: Next go into this phone and verify that he has blocked my number because he promised.
Speaker 2: He doesn't pick He doesn't pick up that much because I had.
Speaker 4: Him on the phone before. He's a real gentleman. I give him a hard time. And every time he plans to come to Kentucky, a wind blows through Texas that knocks down the power lines. So we're just gonna let the sopranos representing there in Kentucky, and God bless him, someday we might see him here.
Speaker 5: We I'm gonna drag him there one day. I'm just gonna tell him. Listen, man, we got to come to Kentucky. Because they all think I'm not super Bowl when he's not coming for the super Bowl. But me, I'm the I'm the warrior of the super Bowl. But uh, but.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get him to come out there one day.
Speaker 1: You know, I would love to see David Hubbart uh. We we've already seen Chad Schroeder uh in Kentucky before drafting live out there. That was a lot of fun and Chad doesn't even really come and draft live at FFPC. So winning a championship absolutely, yes, Yeah, championship winner for sure, Steve. This has been so much fun, man, excellent man. We could sit and do this another hour or so. I'll let you focus on the last few picks of this draft. You got to hear the explanation that you give David Hubbart. At least you don't have to tell him about a McCaffrey and Jacob's team.
Speaker 2: Almost it almost, it almost came to that. It almost came to that.
Speaker 1: At Fantasy Sopranos on X three you can find Steve or pretty much any f f PC draft as well. Be good friend aka guys, that is Steve g Steve Yourgallos drafting tonight from the eleven spot. He's coming up again, uh to make a pick after Kaylon Black and George Klani here the Pharaoh I was. I brought this up on last night's FFPC Insider Access show with Pat Karine. And I've been reading a lot of Ben Gretch's uh stealing signals stuff lately, and he brought this up, and and and I know for because I know there's people in the chat who are who are there last night, and I don't want to like rehash it, but I'll just bring this up. He's talking about best ball versus season long manage leagues right where you could where you have waivers and you can drop players or whatever, and and he's he's of the opinion that you know, like we we talked about all the time, you got a swing for home runs, you got a swing for the fences when you get later on in these drafts. And Ben was kind of saying, like, you know, even if you hit a double with one of those picks, it's still kind of an out right because you're you're you're looking for these massive swings and you have the luxury in season long managed leagues like the KFFFC main event, like the FFPC Big Gorilla, like the FFPC Main Event. You're not saddled with these guys all season, right, So I think, like for me, I need to start taking more risks at the not even at the end of drafts, but just the second half of drafts, and we'll see what these players do for the last you know, three rounds or whatever here tonight, to see what they do. But I think that the point I'm trying to make here is you like Dynasty is fine for having brought it's not fine for having roster cloggers. You never want roster cloggers. But there I'm willing to be more patient. I don't think you can afford to be patient in season long stuff anymore. With managed leagues. I don't think you can afford to rest on your laurels and think you can outdraft people later on, because I don't think you can. I don't think anybody can. I think it comes to be the people who win these tournaments in the million Bucks and that comes with it in the FFPC. Those are the people that are constantly, not just like every couple of weeks, constantly doing that roster churn with four or five players on the roster, knowing that they had they do have some strikeouts, they do have some outs on this team, and they have to look for these home runs off the waiver wire. I always thought that was kind of reckless to do, But now I feel like that with this breath of information that everybody has access to right now, I really think you just the edge might be gone in that and now the edge is just taking more chances and firing more bullets to trying to figure out what do I need to do off the waiver wire. Maybe this is the guy this week, Maybe this is the you know and just and I know I'm being very worthy here, but I think that the point I'm trying to make is we need to be more reckless at the ends of drafts, and we'll see what these players do tonight.
Speaker 4: Okay, I get where you're coming from, and I understand that if you fall in love with your drafted team and you ignore what you're seeing in the season, we've got a much long, younger season. Now. We got bye weeks, which gives players opportunity to coach his opportunity to shuffle their understanding of players. They look at it and think about it sometimes maybe they think about it too much, but it's a situation where more players get opportunity. I've heard that before, Johnny. That's really good, you know, Balky. I'm looking at this draft and you've made a fine point there. But I'm looking at this draft and I do you see certain steals of the draft that you absolutely like, Like I'm going to the first pick of the eleventh round. I think Jalen Koker being available there is just wild and that's a player that I would have drafted, possibly in front of a couple of guys that went in around before. You look at Wandel Robinson, I think he will go higher as we move along, and we're talking about these receivers that that I love that are available light and I just it's pretty fascinating to see some of the guys that are coming off the board. In the seventeenth ground, we got this Trey Harris and it's it's nice, it's an understanding of what he could possibly do. We just heard our favorite soprano will say that that he thanks Herbert's the number one quarterback this year. Well, if he is, Trey Harris is going to help with that. So yeah, it's just a lot of things that you look at this draft board.
Speaker 1: You think, you know what's interesting. And by the way, so I'm gonna make a point about the Chargers in a second, but before I forget, this will blow your mind Farell Jalen Coker. You think he's a steal at eleven to one his ADP over the last five days in the Big Gorilla twelve oh six.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: So technically you can look at it from the aspect of like the way that you looked at it, that Osborne and Dagget who are drafting one overdrafted or got a steal on Cocher and one, and then there are other people like where he's going. He overdrafted him. But at that point too, if you do like Cocher, he's not coming back to you at the probably is not coming back to you at the end of the twelve rounds.
Speaker 4: So and sometimes you've got to follow that money. You've got to look at what a team's doing and say, you know what, this makes This makes sense that they're elevating this player. And we've seen some players, you know, there's some good players. This Minnesota quarterback thing is is is obviously like a infection of the depth chart. You know, Juwan Jennings is a pretty good wide receiver, isn't he in Minnesota? He's nowhere on this draft board.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, the other thing I mean in regards to that is you have Jefferson and Addison there and some uncertainty quarterback so and Jennings. I think there's and I haven't mane up my mind on this. I have to do more research on it, but I think like his blocking ability is so good. I wonder if Minnesota signed him and like that, they're gonna there's gonna be a lot of blocking going on for Jennings this year.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that's I think his contested catch is very good and that puts him in a situation to bail out those quarterbacks a lot.
Speaker 1: That's I'm gonna make a point of. But I said I was gonna make a point about the charges. I want to answer this real quick. Tom Smith, our good buddy who's just on extra reps last month or whatever it was. It's all blurring together at this point of the year. Balky, will you be doing live Big Gorilla Tuesday, June twenty third. I can answer that no, I will not be. However, that does not mean we are not broadcasting that live. We are broadcasting that live or streaming it live. I should say on the FFPC YouTube channel. That will be the three Goombas which will be in La Cory, Dave Tripoli and Jake Venudi that will be handling that live Big Gorilla draft.
Speaker 4: That's a good crew.
Speaker 1: It is a very good crew, and you can check that out. I believe that is an eight thirty start. I'm gonna look it up right now, just because I know there's spots still available and anybody who like, maybe wanted to get in in this draft tonight and couldn't, or maybe people drafting tonight want to do another one. It is eight thirty pm Eastern time on June twenty third, that is live on the FFPC YouTube channel, and that will be eleven spots open still on that, so plenty of time to register and get that going as well. Okay, I wanted to make this point about the Chargers here before I forget so a Ronde Gadsden's value really took a big hit when they signed in Djoku Pharrell, and I'm wondering if the next domino will fall here with Trey Harris, maybe to a certain extent Lad McConkie. I don't know if it affects Quinton Johnson too much. Who's the GM in Los Angeles? Is that to LESCo still or no, it's not. I I should know this. The Charger, the Chargers GM is Joe.
Speaker 4: Hordis, came from the Ravens.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hordis has had the opportunity multiple times now to say we will not be signed. Keenan Allen, Yeah, he never says officially, no, he does so, and and so that's what I'm worried about. Like now, granted with with some of these, I think mcconki is really the only one that would really hurt because of what you're paying for Quentin Johnson and what you're paying for Trey Harris. But Harris is gonna go from like late round sleeper to like waiver wire fodder if Keenan Allen finds his way back on this Chargers roster.
Speaker 4: I think that Keenan Allen, after an eighty two catch season, doesn't play football this year is.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I just I keep coming back to this, And I was who drafted Chiga con Quo tonight? I was, oh, Steve, And I was gonna bring this up with Steve and and we ran out of time. The Commanders right now, And Karina and I were talking about this last night, like, how do you handle Antonio Williams, how do you handle Chiga con quote? Knowing that Stefan Diggs is still out there, knowing that Keenan Allen is still out there, knowing that Brandon Ayuk is probably gonna be out there short. I wonder how you handle players like that, knowing that, like they could look really really good right now, but we fast forward to September, they might not be looking at all all those great et picks anymore. I gotta believe Washington's gonna sign somebody there. I don't. I don't think you go to go to battle this season with Antonio Williams as your number two wide receiver, do you?
Speaker 4: Uh No? And that's why we have drafters here in the sixteenth round, taking Trey Tucker, who will have a role and could expand that role with the Raiders. Can we go back to Cocher and I love that pick. We haven't talked about Jacoby Myers, and everybody wants to see the receiver situations in Jacksonville to a tight end that I'm not particularly impressed with. He looks good, but he and he's a good football player, but I don't see him putting those numbers up. Myers as is, you know, just a wonderful football player that that quarterback is going to rely on when he's on the field. It's yeah. I The biggest thing that I can agree with tonight is little Shakir going into the thirteenth round. I think that's yeah, right, I think That's just.
Speaker 1: What's what's great about Shakir And like he's again, he's he's not one of these home run picks. And I just got done saying you should be going after home run picks at that level. What's great about Shakiir is I don't as weird as it sounds, I don't think he's necessarily all that adversely affected by DJ Moore because Alan and him have this, this connection, this chemistry. Shakira is going to be a great guy to plug in for bye weeks as you're you know, just having him on your team as a number five or number six receiver to be able to plug him in when when you need somebody or an injury hits. You know, these gonna float right around ten points maybe.
Speaker 4: Of your friend Josh. Now, oh I see him now, second second pick of the ninth rom Yeah. I think Shakir is the same player.
Speaker 1: The the What were we just talking about that I wanted to bring this up. You mentioned it, We talked about Cocher. Oh, this is going to irritate me.
Speaker 4: Now, Oh, we got a tight end out there that somebody should pick.
Speaker 2: How many tight ends.
Speaker 1: Are off the board? We have thirty thirty six off the board.
Speaker 4: I want to say, Brian the eighteenth is a steal, but no, there's a there's a tight end that someone should take.
Speaker 1: The latest. The latest pick, the penultimate pick of round nineteen was Amari de Marcado. I just drafted him in a KFFS Dynasty rookie draft Pharah. Looks like he's got the inside track in Kansas City at least right now to be the number two guy, and I think that's compelling. That's the type of player I want to be in business with right now now. Emma Johnson might usurp him as the number two running back later on in the season, but we know that Kenneth Walker has had health issues. We know that day Marcado is a pass catcher, and we've also heard that day Marcado might be involved in the the you know, just having like a role right away, even with Kenneth Walker healthy. So I like that pick by Steve g here in the nineteenth round. That's that's that's a really good one. He is, he is on a roll. I I still am seeing some pretty good value here at quarterback later on for those people who are waiting on quarterback. Jared Goff was a thirteenth round pick Shug and Mayfield went in the fifteenth round. Tonight, Love and Willis, former teammates, go in the seventeenth round, and then the aforementioned we're talking about him earlier, C J. Stroud, he goes in the eighteenth round. I just I see this more and more and I just feel like I'm waiting on quarterback is going to be my preferred strategy this year, and grabbing one of these guys late to in case something happens where I don't have to worry about, you know, playing somebody like Sam Darnold or Fernando Mendoza or Bryce Young or anybody like that. There's some good value. Yeah, quarterback here as we enter the final round.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and your there's your players that always emerge and surprise me. And you know, one of the things I like to throw in while we still have some guys on air, because I know we're spiraling towards the end of our broadcast tonight, but man, what a great contribution from the chat room tonight and some guys who we haven't seen in a while, and some new guys as well. And I couldn't break up the I could not break up the visits from our players that came in to work with the chat room man. They are some of the sharpest drafters that you would ever see. They're guys that are coming over here to try to improve their game. Is very, very impressive to me. And I think, you know, if we had extra reps to Night Baulkie, thank goodness, we don't because I don't think we can handle the time. But if we had extra reps to not these guys have given us great content for another show.
Speaker 1: It was fantastic. And you know, I think I think anytime we have live draft coverage, the everybody shows up. It puts butts in the seats. People love it and and we love doing it quite frankly, you know, we we we love seeing what strategies that people are employing. We love seeing how players are being drafted in reality for a million bucks. I mean, there's not a whole lot of other places that you can go to watch, you know, twelve guys go for a million dollars drafting and fantasy football. And I know it's not gonna be a million bucks going to one of these twelve guys, but maybe it is. Yeah, I mean, you never know when we can see you know, one of these players coming out of one of these drafts to win the million dollars in the Big Gorilla would would certainly be fantastic. Here, wouldn't that be something wrapping things up tonight? Farrell Here, I'm just looking at a couple of picks and I want to bring up right now Team seven. Remy Lebau, who we haven't told, talked a whole lot about tonight the picks that he made in round fourteen and fifteen. Tonight Demon Claiborne, the Minnesota rookie running back, and then Tank Dell, the trying to get back being relevant in Houston. I think those are two very interesting picks. And we talk about home run picks and swinging for the fences. We should know fairly quickly what Claiborne's role is going to be in this backfield, at least to start off the season. We should know fairly quickly how healthy Tank Dell is and how the Texans plan to deploy him. Are they going to be working him in slowly or is he gonna have a role right away? So those picks I really like here because they could be really good, and if they're not really good, you could probably get rid of them and go for that next hot waiver wire pick from the Big Gorilla.
Speaker 4: In this saying with the player that I really like in the nineteenth round, Tesla was a Detroit receiver with all kinds of skills and talk about a breakout player. Late we see Juwan Jenny's going And who is our drafter in the number four position.
Speaker 1: That I believe that's Frank kem Bornoni if I'm remembering correct, I'm looking up right now. Yeah, that's Aubrey Frank ken Bornoni. He was drafting four tonight.
Speaker 4: Well, Frank jumped in there. That was the in the twentieth round, Tongas And I would like because if if this player went undrafted, and will there be free agency in this league before the kickoff of the season, Bulky, we did this. If Kittle is announced that he will be shoved in the opening week, Tongus w has been a five hundred dollars bid on in free agency. So I think that's one of the best twentieth round picks. And I'm so surprised that our guests from earlier in the show who drafted Kittle didn't draft this player. Is Tongus is a very interesting player because when Kittle is not on the field, you lose a lot for that forty nine er team. But when you have Tongus, which you don't lose the pass catching. He doesn't do all the other things that Kittle does, but he certainly can catch the ball, certainly can run with it after he catches it. I love that player in the twentieth round under these circumstances.
Speaker 1: What was frustrating about Tonja just last year was like some of his best games came with Kittle healthy, you know, and then when Kittle like he was okay, but he wasn't definitely a world beater. I'll just bring this up to within Bornoni's tight ends. He ended up getting Kyle Pitts. And I know you can't see it on the screen. I have a iPad here, Kittle, I beg your pardon in Bornoni takes Kyle Pitts in the sixth round, and then he still look at the guys. He adds later on Dulsitch in the thirteenth high upside guy who a significant pass catcher in Miami this year, Evan Ingram, who I think some of the beat reports that have been coming out lately walking up not only Ingram having a bounce back year, but being featured is the wrong word, but having a more prominent role in the offense this year. And then you mentioned toan just in the twentieth round here too, So I think that Frank has given him some outs here and some potential at maybe hitting on one of these tight ends behind Kyle Pitts and maybe a guy that would help him through November December and maybe to the million bucks.
Speaker 4: And it is your previous soliloquy from earlier in the evening put into practice, Well, we.
Speaker 1: Will put that into practice. And if you are looking to practice any of the advice and any of the things that you've seen tonight on tonight's show, as we take this, I'm gonna take this board off. Just get back to me and Ferrell here now that the draft is done. My FFBC dot com a great place to go. KFFSC dot com is a great place to go. Just head another draftmaster phill up there that I'm in. We got a couple of spots left in a main event, a couple of spots left in a super I beg your pardon, in a Sweet sixteen Best Ball championship. I'm in both of those. If you want to compete in those, KFFSC dot com is where to go, parall. We are back on our regular schedule next week. Next Wednesday, we will be live again at ten pm Eastern, back when I'm in cold, dreary Wisconsin, which I look forward to at some point, just not right now. Thank you so much for hanging out with me on a Friday. Enjoy your weekend, and we will do this again on Wednesday.
Speaker 4: I'll look forward to seeing you, sir.
Speaker 1: That is Ferrell Elliott, the definitive Commissioner of Fantasy Football, and that's going to wrap up our live draft coverage of the FFPC Big Gorilla tonight. So many people to thank, My goodness, we had a lot of so number one shout out to the chat You guys were awesome tonight. I do want to thank those people who are able to join us live, Chris Colin, Igor Gorbenko, Todd Aaron, Steve Irgalos. Great to hear from those guys tonight, and also want to thank Farrell Elliott, the FFPC, Rob Bryce and of course each and every of you. But by the way, Bryce do a double duty commission this draft tonight as well. We will be back next Wednesday. As I said, ten pm Eastern time. The seventeen time FFPC League Champ Ryan Ericson will join us on Wednesday night. Extra Reps returns next Friday at time ten pm Eastern Time as well. In case you missed last night's FFPC Insider Access show, Pat Korane from Legendary Upside was on a lot of great best ball stuff. In fact, I think that was the show, the Insider Access show that we have talked the most about the FFPC Best Ball Tournament. I know a lot of the stuff it's normally about big Grilla. We got into a lot of best ball stuff last night with Pat. Really informative. So go back and watch that on the FFPC Socials when you get a chance for next week. I think that's what. Yeah, it's so it's Ericson on the HSFF Hour on Wednesday and then Thursday FFPC Insider Access seven pm, two full hours, myself and Yahoo Yahoo Fantasy Sports Scott Pianowski and I are going to chop it up. That's gonna be good, and then we'll have Extra Reps ten pm on Friday as well. FFPC Main Event Million dollar Grand Prize. After you buy your first team. You're getting six hundred dollars off each additional team. The FFPC Big Gorilla, a draft we covered tonight. Don't forget three to fifty bucks to enter million dollar grand prize seven bananas. Promo is live and congratulations of the Midweek Mayhem winners. I know Colin Hoffman was in here earlier tonight asking and I forgot to post the message if you wanted to see if you won. I put the three winners in the FFPC may email that went out today, so you can check that out there. Sorry, Colin, you were not one of them, but the three winners are posted in there, and you never know. We might bring back midwek Mayhem next week. I don't know. We haven't talked about it yet. The FFPC Bestball Tournament now features a four hundred thousand dollars grand prize as opposed to a three hundred dollars. Thousand dollars grand prize is what it was last year. The super Flex Bestball Tournament still just thirty five bucks. Enter hunter K is the grand prize there, Big Baby Guerrilla excuse me, hunter K grand prize one hundred and twenty five bucks. That are the exact same format as the Big Gorilla, just only one hundred and twenty five bucks to get in the door. There FFPC Dynasty startups, Empire Dynasty startups filling up now at my ffpc dot com. We have f FPC chop leagues starting at thirty five bucks. So you just don't want to be the lowest scoring team in your league in any given week, and you'll win your league and then player one FFPC. Player one an exciting thing that we've introduced this week, had hundreds of drafts go off already. You're drafting against eleven smart FFPCCPU teams and you can draft at your pace, slow, medium, fast, whatever you want to do and win money or win entries into future FFPC tournaments. And you don't have to wait for a draft to fill. Once you register, the draft is going to start and you can win ten x your money. If you go with a random spot, you can pick your draft slot and win nine x your money. A lot of great stuff my ffpc dot com. Check it out. Player one is something we just introduced this week. We're very excited about it. It seems like players are very excited about it as well. So great stuff there Thank you so much for watching. Everybody, remember to like this video, subscribe to the channel, comment on the video, share with your friends, share with your enemies, and get notified each and every time we go live, which will be next Wednesday at ten pm Eastern time. And I should mention too. Tuesday, as Tom Smith pointed out, we will be live as well. I won't be, but Aiden Corey, Dave Tipoli and Jake Venudi will be covering a live f f PC Big Gorilla Tournament draft. Eleven spots available there. Sign up now my f f PC dot com, m y f f pc dot com without further ado. That is going to do it for our show. For Farrell Elliott, I'm Eric Balkman. This has been the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour. Your weekend officially starts now.
Speaker 3: This has been another episode of the Hot Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, presented by my f FPC dot Com. It was broadcast live and was watched around the world. Bulky and Farrell will be back next week with more analysis, more interviews, add more advice from guests much smarter than they are. Thanks for watching, and we'll talk with you again next week.
Speaker 1: I normally mentioned this, but I think we I'm too late on that because of how late we went tonight on this draft. The FFPC Big Gorilla Midnight Draft is full. It looks like okay, So Big Gorilla Drafts resume at one pm Eastern time tomorrow. You can draft for a million bucks all weekend and then check out Player one as well, something we're very proud of, we're very excited about, and we'll see where it goes from there. Thanks for watching, everybody, appreciate you hanging out for two full hours of live draft coverage tonight. We'll talk with you again next Wednesday.