Speaker 1: Hey, listen, coming to Whole Podcast, Episode four seventy eight. I'm brand ome here Thryan and Ne're gonna hit the ditch with the rest of ether Drip. Now, are theve a fucking air?
Speaker 2: No? No, we're using that one. We're definitely using that one because that was actually really freaking funny.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, sure, okay, Hey Ryan, you're back for yet another whirlwind adventure.
Speaker 2: How you doing first time?
Speaker 1: Who? I'm out of breath from all the speed, the excitement.
Speaker 2: Definitely, all the left hand turns. Also, oh yes, just like re racing to answer your question? Good, What is going down?
Speaker 1: Whole bunch is going down? The quality of my intros have tanked nowhere to go with up debating, and it's still not as low as the quality of this set. And we are going to get into that right after. We thank our official business, Daddy's Fusion Gaming Online. They are your source for all your gaming needs. Rea can use special promo code CEO Holiday to get yourself five percent off all the vehicles and low power creatures and legends that go when you're ninety nine that we're gonna talk about today. We also want to thank our official beer sponsors for.
Speaker 4: Wait wait wait CEOs Sidewalk Slam Season three coming very very soon to YouTube.
Speaker 1: They are, of course, Pilot Bones Brewing Co. The second coolest thing to come out of Regina. Man, I'm just flubbing glummocks and.
Speaker 2: All over the I wasn't here to pick up your fumble then lateral it back to you and say, Brown, do you have to do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, you have to do this contractually. You're man.
Speaker 2: Oh awesome, Well no word, he day big. Thanks to producer Gary A for making me sick, as you might have heard in the cold intro from editor Joe. Thanks to him, thanks to the different Avenue Media Network Studio Studio Studio, you would see it on TV. If you were watching on YouTube, what you should be And of course Pile of Bones and Fusion Coco Holiday promo code is the one that I used to pick up my box of either drift. This is so weird.
Speaker 1: You're the one that bought the box.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, technically I cashed in store credit, which you can do store credit and promo code still works, so you actually don't even need to spend money. You could spend less store credit.
Speaker 1: Ooh. Both of those things are good to have because then you can buy more stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh, very much so. And man, truth be told. I mentioned it on the pre show a little bit yesterday. I I'm not sure. I'm super into playing with all the cards in the set. I think that Start Your Engines is gonna be awesome and limited. Sure, ask me if I'm gonna play any limited?
Speaker 1: Are you gonna play a limited?
Speaker 2: No? No, not unless face to face games makes me an upcoming face to face event that we're gonna talk about. But I am excited for vehicles. There are some Start Your Engine cards that I'm interested in, sure, and definitely some cards and showcase and special edition printings that I know I'm gonna totally get in my collector box. Oh for sure, you are from the set. Well, I bought the box. Of course it's gonna it's.
Speaker 1: Yeah fine, But once I have it in my hands, all bets are off.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I've been thinking lots about it too. I've been I've been up in my production value for the BBO.
Speaker 2: Yes, I got a really good idea. We're gonna do it here too. Hey, so we are we can have, can't we? Because we got the top down Camra?
Speaker 1: Well we we can. But that. Well, No, I guess I can just record my intro an extra not here.
Speaker 2: You could always just drive your vehicle straight into the building, just smash right into it, like one of the cards we're going to talk about today, or spectacular.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, I like that card. That's a good ass card.
Speaker 2: Pretty sure Gary's probably got insurance or something.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'll he's laughing pretty hard, man.
Speaker 2: I don't think i'll actually one up you. I know that we have insurance on my wife's SUV and I fucking hate that thing, So I'll drive it, smash it into this building that we're in, light the whole place on fire, okay, and maybe I'll stay inside it now I'll burn to death. And then not only will you get the insurance money for the vehicle, right, the insurance money for the studio, right, but the life insurance money cash out to so Rebecca's mortgage will be paid for. And when they rebuild the studio. You know what's said, insurance money, right, they can memorialize and make it commemorative to me, now, Ryan Pineff, damn studio. You know that's pretty good idea.
Speaker 1: So, like, when do I benefit from this? Though? Like I feel like as your cocon spirit or as this would obviously be used as evidence now that we put it on the internet. How does Brando benefit in any way from this. I don't get to drive the car into a building. I don't get to blow anything up. I don't get any insurance money. It's like, where do I benefit here? I just get to keep all these shitty cards from ether Drift.
Speaker 2: That's where I was gonna That's what I was gonna actually say, is you'll have one sweet box opening video A and B. You can keep my totally awesome yellow foils and my serialized ether spark Yeah, and my crackles spackle jerk off foils we jerk yes.
Speaker 1: Correct, absolutely correct sir.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's how you benefit. Now. I have a few benefits and things that I would love to talk about.
Speaker 1: Okay, I love benefits and things loving to talk about.
Speaker 2: Yes, talk about thing benefit Yes, Okay, this is.
Speaker 1: A bad show.
Speaker 2: We suck last week's booster pack game. We didn't do it this week because we forgot because we were doing a little bit of a review on the last few legends.
Speaker 1: You were finishing up last week's episode.
Speaker 2: But last week's guess was Hashheton hasheton scaub fister man.
Speaker 1: That guy's so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's good.
Speaker 1: He's so fricking good.
Speaker 2: He's good. Everybody guessed him by the way.
Speaker 1: Of course they did. He's the best one lot.
Speaker 2: The person who guessed it and got picked out of the stinky hat is country troll op. If that's you get at us, you're the winner.
Speaker 1: Is it country troll op or country trollop?
Speaker 5: Yes, like a like a loose woman, right, because it's one of those like old Middle English in the world.
Speaker 1: Do you trollop? And I would be like, oh no, I'm just a prostitute. Mister sir, I would I'm just out here with bad teeth and no health insurance. Please don't hut me anymore with your words.
Speaker 2: I would offer you this joke, but you already made a better one than what mine is gonna be. I would say, but trollop is a is a uh a lady like that from the Middle Ages? Is a scallop than a mermaid version of that? Yes, scallop, scallop and drop.
Speaker 1: Or not to be confused with the mashed potatoes version, which is a dollup. Yes, no king shaming in the nation. If you like to turn your mashed potatoes volcano into some kind of fleshlight, which I don't know if i'd recommend that.
Speaker 2: Man, you know what, at at a kind of at a very granularly I need this to be smooth level. I think it would be quite coarse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I'm saying, I really do.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Man, how did we get here again? We started talking about this kind of stuff in the pre show?
Speaker 1: Did we there? It is?
Speaker 2: Now? We know? Now we know no kink shaming in the Beastie Boys either.
Speaker 1: Good for them.
Speaker 2: Man, Well, if your country scalloped potatoes, then you can get after us. Commander Coco at gmail dot com name address. What you want, Cecio stick a pack, booster pack or token pack. Next item of business? Okay, big thanks to the Patreon supporters or patreon dot com slash CEO podcast. We just released an episode of CEO's Curb Side Pickup the online Hatron invite only gameplay. You'll see a picture of it behind us on TV. And I would also like to say that March eighth and ninth, me and maybe you, but me for sure, because I'm also doing a family weekend. Yeah, I'm going to be at face to Face Games Edmonton for their two day event. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm trying hard, but life circumstances are happening and I'm not sure if we'll be able to make it out. I have an offer of a ride yep. So now I'm looking for an offer of where to stay, and if we can make those things work out, then I will also be present at said event.
Speaker 2: This is what you do, CCO Nation. If you have a place that Brando can sleep, message him.
Speaker 1: I'm not very tall and I fit on a couch that time we stayed in Vancouver, I slept on that couch at my knees were hanging over there and remember that. Oh that was awful, But hey man, I did it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, So it's gonna be tons of fun. I'm gonna be there on Saturday doing the Face to Face Games thing. They're gonna be putting me to work. I don't know with what, but I'll be doing something. And then on Sunday I'm looking in the morning to play some games or get some cecio merch into the hands of people in the nation from around Alberta. That sounds dope, I think so too. And now on to either drift goddamn.
Speaker 1: Can't we just talk more about Patreon benefits and mashed potatoes with dis in them?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's one of the benefits, Like.
Speaker 1: Chunky gravy this you know what we learned about corpse flowers yesterday? You know what?
Speaker 2: No, no friget corpse flowers. I'm talking. I'm on chunky gravy.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: In the Patreon discord, there is a food and drinks thread. You ever go there. I'm sure if you wanted to learn how to cook tacos like we were talking about, Oh yeah, you could go into there and say, hey, anybody, how do I put meat in a frying pan with some taco spice and then scoop it into a tortilla? And they would tell you, yeah, I don't know how to do that. Well, become a patron because anytime.
Speaker 1: I ever make it with the with the stuff like the dust, it always gets kind of hard and crackly. It's not like chunky and shit dust. Well, yeah, like chunky the dust, the stuff that comes out of the package, the salt, the shake, the seasoning, yes, seasoning dust. Am I the only person that speaks English up in this place?
Speaker 2: Yep? Come on, now, I want to speak about special.
Speaker 1: Guests, special guest s ohs, because you usually like these I do this, this particular run of them, I actually think are the quality is quite high quality.
Speaker 2: In terms of art and card choice.
Speaker 1: Yes, there are a couple duds there and and this, this bunch of cards is the wrong place to have a dud because do you know where these can appear? A box toppers as your box topper foil? Can you imagine if you buy your collector bundle, your collector box, your regular box, and every one of them comes with a box topper, Yes, and you crack it open and you get one gold bordered planes and a gold bordered Galvanic Blast. Because somebody is gonna have that pack. It's probably gonna be you. Somebody is gonna get that. And that sucks. That is that sucks. That's a feel bad that could have been very easily avoided.
Speaker 2: And you know what the thing about Galvanic Blast in particular, because it was gonna be the one that I said it was just a promo last year for Magic cons and at least on the Canadian tour it was. I assume that's everywhere. And also it's a sideboard card like in modern, it's like and sure not everything's for Commander. I get it Wall, but man Galvanic Blast, and I'll extend at the thought cast as well. Yeah, that's an uncommon that has been in Commander decks in the past. Now, Cavalier Dawn, we're a were of invention. That art on Bone My.
Speaker 1: Bone Miser is really cool. I think it's the first time you can get one in foil.
Speaker 2: The Lord of the Undead that's another really good one. Chander's Ignition and Pathbreaker ibex all Commander playables, nine Staples, Fantastic Car and Bone Miser and Lord of the Undead in particular zombies and do see play in nearly every zombie deck that includes Black, which is basically every zombie.
Speaker 1: De which is almost all of them.
Speaker 2: Yes, so, and Chander's Ignition. I actually love that art. The old art for Chander's Ignition is dark and you can't really see anything, and it doesn't really describe what it is unless you read the flavor text.
Speaker 1: Is just another kind of explosion in a cave, whereas this, like, it really shows something dynamic.
Speaker 2: Has I like that this is this is Chandra, but she's actually just blowing something up. Yeah, but she's obviously a planees walker already. So this is like a different point in the story where it's referencing. Like instead of her spark igniting, she's just blowing the shit out.
Speaker 1: Of something, she's lighting up a rag. She's lighting the rag in somebody's gas tank. Yes, don't do that. Also no, yeah, like when you're cleaning inside your gas tank with with your with your rag, don't like light it on fire. That's important.
Speaker 2: Yes, shout out to Sovereign Console Flagship.
Speaker 1: I love that picture so much. It's like a frogfish blimp with little gravvy arms and like a comb hanging off of it. I love that. I want one of those. I'm gonna try and get one of those.
Speaker 2: This one is cool. I hope I open it because I actually play this card. And this card is interesting because they actually miscredited the artist on the card versus who actually did the art. Oh yeah, so it's it's a little bit different. Like on Magic Online and Magic Arena and shit, where this card's gonna be you'll have the correct artist name because they can just change it. Yeah, but this one actually has the wrong person. Oh and I think that you get the correct person to sign the card like over the artists credit just real small, or just get them to sign it like.
Speaker 1: Or color it in with a black sharpie.
Speaker 2: Something like that. Yeah, you do something like that. So those are the special guests. I like those.
Speaker 1: I like them too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Fun fact about console Flagship the only vehicle from the set that I'm gonna play oh in Bellow because all the rest of them suck.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a reprint, I know. Oh okay, I know.
Speaker 1: And Chrome Max also is nice to see back. I know that these aren't going to be like super inexpensive or they're going to bring down the cost of one of the mocks in, but it's cool that it at least got a reprint, even if it's a nominal one.
Speaker 2: That's cool. Yeah. I like reprints on expensive cards whenever you can get them. I don't care if they don't bring the price down. I like that when they do something like this Chrome Max. It's like, oh, this one's expensive too. Yeah, And not because I like when cards are expensive, but because it doesn't take anything away from anybody, Right.
Speaker 1: All that's gonna do is benefit anybody that opens one. Nobody's gonna open that Chromemox and go what a fuck nobody correct, and that's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: And people who have play sets are chromemox. Great for you. Your current set of chrome boxes aren't going down. People who can't afford them and who want the price to go down, pick a different deck, like I don't know, or play in a tournament that allows proxies. I know that's kind of a shitty take, and people don't like that take. They should put that at common and put it in fucking basic landslots. Well yeah they I don't know, Maybe they shouldn't. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I hate that cards are expensive too, and I think that they should all be worth a quarter, but they're not, and that sucks.
Speaker 2: But here we are. If they were all worth a quarter, everybody would buy every single one, or as much as they could for a quarter and try and sell them for a dollar and inflate the price because anybody who wants them for a quarter wouldn't be able to find them and would be willing to pay a dollar or two or ten or eighty three hundred, And here.
Speaker 1: We fucking are again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay. The next thing that I have, and I don't want to talk a bunch about this, but is the ether Drift Commander cards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two decks this time two decks.
Speaker 2: Upon closer inspection, I think that both decks are good.
Speaker 1: Yes, one of them is markedly better than the other and has more outside of its pre constructed nature room to grow. There we go, there's gonna be you get the Zombie one, You're gonna get a lot more cards. You're gonna be able to put somewhere else than the Energy one. And I think that's probably why when you go to your local game store or fusion and you're looking, the odds are you're gonna have a harder time finding the Zombie one because that's the one.
Speaker 2: YEA gonna want. The Zombie one. I think out of the box is probably gonna be more powerful. The Energy one gives you access to more colors and it does allow you to do the energy thing. And what I want to talk about is is the new cards that we see that do energy stuff do it at a clip that's more I guess appropriate for like the elevation or the altitude that Commander is played at. Right like the old ones where it's like this etb's it's red card. This ETBs you get two energy and that's great for limited when you can pay four energy and draw a card that's fantastic, But like this Pima trail Plazer, Like, holy fuck, this guy is a five to five that Rishkar expertises, right, so it's a three drop with trample three three. Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, you get that many energies.
Speaker 1: Pretty good.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he already is an energy kind of machine or engine, but you can exhaust them. Pay six, put two plus ones, then draw cards equal to the greatest power among creatures you control.
Speaker 1: Pretty good.
Speaker 2: If it's just him, you drop five, right, and you're playing green but also blue. So if you could blink this guy and exhaust him again and again and again and again, because I don't know, you're also playing red, you could give him haste in some way to attack or tap them or do whatever you gotta do with them.
Speaker 1: YEP.
Speaker 2: Cards like this and cards like Rampaging ether Hood. Don't google that, No, I shan't illustrated by Ron Spencer. YEP. Trample ward two four four for five already good. At the beginning of your upkeep, you get an amount of energy equal to this creature's power. Then you can pay one or more energies if you do put that many plus ones on them, so it's like energy plus ones, energy plus ones and you can kind of just step those up. And or maybe you've heard of this card doubling season.
Speaker 1: I hear that's not a bad card.
Speaker 2: This card is fantastic with doubling season. So that's cool stuff.
Speaker 1: Let's step in it for a second, Ryn, Let's just let's just jump in with both feet. Sure, because social media is a cesspool. Have we heard any rage from nerds about Nissa being black? Now?
Speaker 2: She's black?
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, she's not? Or she just in the shadows. I don't know, because I was actually gonna congratulate the magic community as a whole because she's not. She's a dark skinned lady now and nobody got mad.
Speaker 2: No, I think she's still white because Chandra is from uh what's what's this plane called? Now? I don't know. Oh, man, we suck so bad. They race swap Chandra and then they they sexuality swap both of them, and they made her decide that she's straight, and then they were nagged on that, like can't we just freaking decide now if we're watsie? Like, I don't know, Pick one and then stick to it and make a story around it and make sure it includes fucking everybody like I don't know, that's how I feel. Yeah, but if you're gonna race, swap a character like, don't and then just make a new character that people actually give a shit about, not some Gatewatch character that we've been recycling and freaking swapping for the last ten years. I don't know. That's why I feel about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's also a good card. We should also comment that is also a cool card.
Speaker 2: Landfall Get to Energy. We talked about it last week and you were like, oh fuck, it's pulls.
Speaker 1: Landfall is a green card. It's not an energy card. It's a lands card.
Speaker 2: Is I think it's an energy card.
Speaker 1: I think it's a lance card. And they don't need to place it for free? No car okay, card though?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: One more etheric amplifier? Sure, three D three drop add any color to your manipool. Sure, that's already fine. Three. We're expecting some interesting reason to play this now, right? Yes? Okay you can go four tap, choose one activate only as a sorcery. Okay, double the number of each kind of counter on target permanent.
Speaker 1: It's pretty good.
Speaker 2: I heard that's good. Or double the number of each kind of counter I have that's energy or poison if I want to live dangerously.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't that be funny if somebody like responded to the activation to poison you, and you're like, ah, fuck, double your poison and die.
Speaker 2: Twenty five to fifty energy to activate the fifty energy card ether flux conto.
Speaker 1: It right, But they're like, uh, actually.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give you five get wrecked. Oh my god, that would be so funny.
Speaker 1: That would be very funny. I like that lot. Of course, that also doubles things like experience counters.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's good.
Speaker 1: Oh, I should put that into my that rebel.
Speaker 2: Phoenix, all three sons glory, that's the one.
Speaker 1: I should put that in there because it make manna, which good, and also make counter which good.
Speaker 2: He counter equal to experience. Yes, that's good.
Speaker 1: That's that's a good. I like that.
Speaker 2: Oh that's I told you that card's good and it's an energy card.
Speaker 1: I have to get one of those.
Speaker 2: I get the pre gun, won't Okay? I got one more?
Speaker 1: One more?
Speaker 2: Okay? I said, I'm gonna talk about very many cards, but I'm gonna talk about this one. Okay, okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna leave ether flux conto it because it says pay fifty on it. Yeah, you probably lose interest, though. We can do that because remember the energy cards are at the commander altitude. Now right, we're not talking about that card. I'm gonna talk about a little card that's gonna save me from needing a dark misprinted Griffin Canyon. Yeah right, and that's in a cursed dune yard. I wish this was a desert. It's in Amancat.
Speaker 1: It's also got a desert in the picture.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it makes me the opposite of a dry desert when I read it, because it says tap add a colorless or two tap renegade, renegade, regenerate, target, shade, skeleton, specter, Spirit, vampire, wraith or zombie. I think this card is good because of that last creature type, zombie, the most relevant creature type on there. But you'll remember that our friend or var the all form, is all of those creature types, correct, in addition to being a griffin. Yes, he is also all of those other things.
Speaker 1: We both know that that's not going to replace Griffin Canyon in that deck. We both know that, and that's why it's fun.
Speaker 2: Can I get this one in foil No, I can get it in widescreen. Note in my collector packs that you're gonna open.
Speaker 1: You can. That is a hypothetical possibility. Although the lands don't show up very often.
Speaker 2: I bet y'all get it.
Speaker 1: You could chose a non zero possibility that it could show up.
Speaker 2: I bet y'all get it, because you've got my best interests in mind.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, there's so many people laughing right now. They're like, ah, Brando is Ryan's best interest in mine? That's a lie. That's not a lie.
Speaker 2: I usually do as long as it's not opening magic packs.
Speaker 1: As long as it makes me laugh, I will do whatever is best for Ryan. As long as it's funny.
Speaker 2: Sure, I'll take it. I'll take it. Yeah. Okay, what about from the regular set? Do you have any cards?
Speaker 1: This set is terrible?
Speaker 2: Oh for me? Well, that's the show.
Speaker 1: See yeah, I think it was so hit our theme song, So that has sucked. There's not a whole lot here for me. But as in any set that has three hundred, four hundred of anything is obviously gonna be something good.
Speaker 2: Yes, at least one thing at least.
Speaker 1: One thing, and there's a few here that I really liked. I like the The first one that's probably gonna pop up in the order of alphabetical bite color is probably like what is like twenty five car pile up or whatever? It is, spectacular pile Pilot.
Speaker 2: This is what I think if you choose to focus on, you'll be able to find you in particular. Okay, is funny, interesting, quirky, or flavorful tropes within the racing cartoon genre.
Speaker 1: Yes, I saw wacky races exactly.
Speaker 2: Watch this is a spectacular pilot.
Speaker 1: Yes it is.
Speaker 2: It's funny card.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a sorcery for White White three. All creatures and vehicles lose indestructible until end of turn. Then destroy all creatures and vehicles.
Speaker 2: Also cycling two.
Speaker 1: Also cycles for two. But we're gonna just play it for five and kill everything as a wrath that gets around a lot of the counterplays to wraths, which I think are becoming way more prevalent. And I'm gonna argue too easy because almost every deck can just not give a shit about wraths anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got to exile, you go to excel it. You got to turn it into a elk or a zero one bug or whatever, like, you got to do something that actually matters instead of just casting old school terror or terminate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is.
Speaker 2: Like, oh yeah, now, actually actually indestructible doesn't matter. Yeah. I like that.
Speaker 1: I like that as well.
Speaker 2: I like that if there's no creatures on the field and I top deck this on turn nineteen, I can cycle it. Yep. I like that. It's very highly colored as to represent all of the different racing factions in the story.
Speaker 1: There's ten of them.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, this one at least gives me, like the different colors of magic all represented in explosion form.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I do. That is one thing I'm gonna give here. Like And also, so many people are down like, oh I don't like Warhammer because there's guns and bombs in Magic. Well, this set is the probably the least magic look at magic set we've seen quite a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah. This has got.
Speaker 1: Cars, it's got guns, it's got cannons.
Speaker 2: It's got explosions, guys from Mad Max in it, it's got goofy. Yeah, shit like an unset. If you hate that like me, which is weirdly ironic that I.
Speaker 1: Like the set, right Yeah, maybe if onsets were not on sts, you'd like them, because here's one and you like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh, it's almost like they should freaking do that. Okay. Valor's flagship is my white flagship cards suit I did there, Yes, seven to seven for seven legendary artifact vehicle. We haven't talked about it yet because it's not actually a creature. You can't use it as your commander flying first strike lifelink true three for seven seven. Wow, pretty good. This thing comes over. It's like ball And when you cycle this card create x one to one colorless pilot creature tokens that can pilot as if they were two or greater because you can cycle it for white two x. So it's kind of like decree of justice. Sure, it's like one big guy or a bunch of little guys.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: I actually like this because my vehicle deck needs some way to go over the top, as demonstrated in our last game the other day. But also if there was just a Wratha God and I've got like six vehicles, I can go, hmm, I'm gonna cycle this and make like four guys and they're all gonna crew my vehicles. Yes, this card serves both purposes. It make guy and it attacked big like that. Yep, it's a good card.
Speaker 1: Yes, solid one, although cost seven which kind of is sucky. And three hard white.
Speaker 2: That's a little bit tricky for my four colored deck that hasn't no fetch lens or trilands. All right, well, Blue Blue, you got any blues?
Speaker 1: I feel like there might be some Blue cards, but I can't think of any of them off the top of my head.
Speaker 2: If I'm honest, I got blue card that I've been waiting for and waiting for and waiting for for years, and now that it's here, I don't know if I'm gonna play it.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: It's transit mage. This is a two to two for blue two human wizard. When it enters, you search your library for an artifact with man of value four or five, reveal it put it into your hands.
Speaker 1: So it's another treasure, trinket, treasure made trophy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's trinket, trophy, treasure, transit transit mage. Sure this one for blue and Anamar finds ancestral statue And I'm torn between this that immediately goes and finds ancestral statue for Blue and continues to cost reduce the rest of my stuff and potentially wins me the game or finale of devastation a card that I'm waiting to put in the deck till it's painted, which I have to go green green x equals four, so six total to find the same card. If that's the only equation that I have to solve for, this is better. Yes, but a what if I already have the CSIL statue in my hand and I need to go and find something else, then Finale Devastation is better. What if I have a guy is Cradle and I can tap it for twelve and I can give all my guys plus twelve plus twelve with Finale Devastation and I can win through attacking, like if I'm getting stacked out and can't tap and untap or bounce things. Yes, right, so this becomes not as good and I don't really have space to do both. I like this one because it's like a puzzle. What do I want out of this thing now that I have it?
Speaker 1: I feel like this one might actually get like the lack of options it gives you might kind of disqualify it based on the example you've just given me.
Speaker 2: Yes, though the option that it does give me is exactly the option that I thought I wanted it for. Right.
Speaker 1: Well, sometimes you get what you want.
Speaker 2: Yes, not what you want yes, like a dog chasing his tail and he bites it and it's like, oh, what the hell's going on?
Speaker 1: Sometimes? What is that song? You don't get what you want, but you get what you need. Is that how that works?
Speaker 2: I think that's the oracle from the matrix. She tells you exactly what you needed to hear. We don't make rolling stones references. On the CCO podcast producer Gary, they suck same.
Speaker 1: Are you excited for River Churn Monument?
Speaker 2: River Churn Monument? Any number of target player each mil two card? Yes for one and tap and then also it's an artifact. Too bad, it's not a it's an artifact blue blue two any number of target player each mail equal to number of cards in their graveyard. I hate that that's a rare. It should be an uncommon.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: I like that it's got water wheels and is a giant frog fountain.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's why I like it, because it's got a frog on it.
Speaker 2: M I would probably put that in a deck if my brew back deck was not my c's EDH deck. Now.
Speaker 1: Ah, yes, I'm.
Speaker 2: Avoiding talking about the vehicles because we'll be here all day.
Speaker 1: I wasn't looking for a vehicle. But have you seen repurposing Bay. I'm sure everybody out there is seeing repurposing Bay. It's what is that? That's berthing pod but artifacts Yep, so that's we should acknowledge that because it exists.
Speaker 2: The lay that card, it's good.
Speaker 1: The last blue card I want to mention is the Clone from the set, because I want to mention the clones in the set.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: This one costs Clone, which is blue three. It has flash, which is better than Clone.
Speaker 2: It's stunt double at this point, which is better Clone since like ten years ago.
Speaker 1: Yes, this one worse Stunt Double. However, because it only enters the battlefield as a copy of an artifactor creature that we control.
Speaker 2: You do get the benefit to cyclist.
Speaker 1: Yes, it does also have cycling, So I don't know. I'm not gonna go out of my way to find one of these, but it is cool that there's another Clone that's better than Clone.
Speaker 2: I think that you play this one, actually you think, yeah, Flash is good. You play it alongside Stunt double h And if you get wrafthed and your HELLBENTD and you top deck this one, you can still turn it into another card, which makes it better or gives it more utility. I guess this card's good. And how often have you said in your clone deck? Oh, I don't have anything of my own that I want to clone. You just cast a different clone first and then clone that fucking thing. Yeah that is yes, this clone is good.
Speaker 1: That is what I do.
Speaker 2: I'm nothing is bad.
Speaker 1: But it's not the best one that we've seen. There have been shift there have been better ones come out. I like the new art on blood Gas. You don't know, but butt gasp deserved new art. And I really like this one. He is like a dog demon monster thing.
Speaker 2: What's going on? He kind of looks like the violator from Spawn.
Speaker 1: Yeah he does, Actually he kind of does.
Speaker 2: Man, we'd nerds.
Speaker 1: No, I like that one. That's a good one. Do you like the new uh Dreadhord, Butcher Slash, Flashbag, Marauder, the Enchantment?
Speaker 2: Do we need more of those?
Speaker 1: Well? I don't know. This is kind of a new one because it's an enchantment for black. One comes in each opponent sacks a dude. If they can't sack a dude, they discard a card that's not terrible, and I think it does something else too, like you can sack it to do a thing that's kind of neat. That's kind of a cool card. It's a new new space.
Speaker 2: I like in zombie decks. I like curse cloth rappings, you know that. I like zombie cards. This Samono black Zombie card. That's my preferred way to play zombie and zombies. You control get plus one plus one black black two artifact and you can go tap target creature card in your graveyard gains embalm until end to turn the embalm costs equal to its manacost And what that means is you exile that card from your your graveyard and you get a white four to four copy of that token. Right.
Speaker 1: Uh no, that's eternalize. Oh isn't it that right? Eternalizes the four to four embalm. You get the creature the creature, but it's a white version of the creature and one one. It's a one one.
Speaker 2: It's when it dies you exile it. Yes, yes, so this gives me like double playability out of my zombies yep, which is cool zombie decks are going to mill each other or themselves, and I kind of just and you've seen me do it, just willing rely just dump, yes, just wholesale zombie carcass into my graveyard.
Speaker 1: How did you get the last time? What happened?
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 1: Do you remember what happened?
Speaker 2: I'll make a quick correction the last two times I've done it.
Speaker 1: But there's one specific one that you should probably tell everybody what happened?
Speaker 2: Just tell us. I'll do a quick aside because we're already on black. The first time, I really big brained and really made some smart plays, sacrificing guys after I activated abilities Frexian Tower, Song of the Damned and a cost reducer, did the math cast my commander Balthrow, the defiled Black Black Black, sacrificed him or exiled him to get all my guys back to put me out a range of perfos, and the next turn win the game because I also exploited with Sidisi all in one turn. Man, it was really freaking I had a grave crawler in my hand, Sidy seed for a Frexian Altars combo next turn and win. Oh shit, and Buddy goes, how many cards hit your graveyard this turn? And I'm like, dude, that doesn't matter till the end of turn, because there was that curse on me that however many hit my graveyard this turn, I mill that much at the end of my turn. Okay, yeah, so my guys doesn't matter. He goes, no, it matters now and I go three. He goes, Okay, in response to everybody bringing all their stuff back, I'm gonna ravenous trap you ooh? And I go, what you mean the black sideboard card that went in Naya Zudex in two thousand and nine before you were even born, That ravenous trap. He goes, I guess so yeah, And I go, well, you got me go then, and then he goes, oh no, no, we gotta resolve and bring all our guys back. This guy nothing, This guy nothing, perfo Sky. Everybody take twenty like.
Speaker 1: Red.
Speaker 2: That's so good, and instead of me being at thirty, I go to ten. Yep, this guy does nothing. This guy does nothing except for gloat about his ravenue trap. And then this guy Perfos he goes, tack you for ten with my guys, I'm like, okay, fuck. Instead of winning I lose and then the very next game because that took all of ten minutes to happen, that's all. It was a big brain play man. I was like turn four and I was dead. Anyways, I go to do something similar again and five color Mono White Angel. Aaron gots that manner rock that you can sacrifice it to exile a graveyard, and I've got mesmeric orb and the monolith that lets you tap it untap it infinitely for three so I can mail my whole library. And I know this, and you guys might know this. It doesn't matter because I can't do it because he'll just tap his shit next all my stuff.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: So I'm waiting and waiting and I'm getting beat down by Uncle Brando, and I'm like, I'm gonna show these fucks. As soon as that artifacts tapped, boom, he taps. It comes back to.
Speaker 1: Me, whoa fil myself.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna leave five cards left in my library and I go to reanimate everything because I had that same song of the damn from you know, the last game I got blown out. I had a song of the Damned Hand and I'm like, I'm gonna add twenty six bring everybody back, and Brando goes, Actually in response, he calls Ben over, Ben, check this out, time stop I got and Ben and Ben goes, oh, man, it's actually a year to the day since sidewalk Slam when you did that.
Speaker 1: Fuck me, it's.
Speaker 2: The anniversary of getting time stopped. So what do I do celebrate with getting time stopped?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 2: Man? Did I get bad beats yesterday?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was not good. You're playing shroom shroom Stamp, shroom stamp, and you tried to play doubling season against my Apatra deck and all I did was make my deck better. Just fuck, I suck. You just couldn't get a break.
Speaker 2: I couldn't get a break, man. Oh playing vehicles, I'm like, I'm gonna get in with my flying vehicles. Totally didn't attack his frickin' planes walker that I thought ultimated at nine, No, and it's at six turns around minus six.
Speaker 1: I win, man that we had a good time last night.
Speaker 2: We had a gay old time.
Speaker 1: That was a hell of a hell of a night. I'm gonna tell you there any other red black cards.
Speaker 2: Let's get onto No, let's get onto red screw it.
Speaker 1: There are some I like that.
Speaker 2: Everything in the red color portion of this set looks like it's moving.
Speaker 1: Fast because it is because goblins are fast.
Speaker 2: Oh. I thought you're gonna say because it isn't because of speed is slow. Damn it, I missed that, all right?
Speaker 1: That hell with it. I do want to talk about the Is this the only I guess there's two technically plans walkers. Hey, sure, Chondra spark Hunter. I legitimately like this card. I'm gonna play it in the deck that I played on the next episode of Sidewalk slam Agness the Haste have her.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, don't give any spoilers away, though, Just read the card.
Speaker 1: Chondra spark Hunter is a four loyalty plans walker for Red three. At the beginning of combat, on your turn, choos up to one vehicle you control to lend to turn. It becomes an artifact creature and gains haste. Pretty cool. Yeah, plus two you can sacrifice an artifact or discard a card if you do draw a card. Pretty good.
Speaker 2: I actually do like that.
Speaker 1: For zero, you can make the tokens. That's your boys. That's me and Ryan called create a three to two colorless vehicle artifact token with crew one and for minus seven we get an emblem with Whenever an artifact we control enters the battlefield, you get the lightning bolt something.
Speaker 2: Yeah is that good?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: You think that's good. Yes, that turns mere Battlesphere into whenever an artifact you control enters.
Speaker 1: It turns swing with six guys with haste makes six treasures, nuke your whole team take six.
Speaker 2: Oh, I was gonna say, Mere Battlesphere actually turns into fifteen damage.
Speaker 1: That's also not too bad.
Speaker 2: But you got to do some work, right, you got a plus two? Oh, you gotta do some work by drawing cards. Yeah, but like that's gonna take three or four turns.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, yeah, well it's a plus two.
Speaker 2: And oh if you got you've heard of the card doubling season. Yep.
Speaker 1: At Chandra spark Hunter faster.
Speaker 2: Than speed while look at her, she's doing the Akira bike posts.
Speaker 1: Man, that bugs me. I do really like the we'll get to it later, but the full art anime version of that is really really cool.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, hey, we got to talk about some of that stuff.
Speaker 1: The Hasty Goblin I wanted to mention all, Yeah, what is I can never remember the damn name. But it gives your creatures haste. It has start your engines at max speed. You can tap it and you get a red for each goblin you control.
Speaker 2: That is a fucking unreal card. That's a good one. I like and big surprise. A card called Push the Limit Okay, yes, the long way. It's a seven drop. It returns all mounts and vehicle cards from your grave end to the battlefield and then you sacrifice them at the beginning of the next end step, so you get them back for one turn.
Speaker 1: I thought you were gonna like that.
Speaker 2: But also vehicles you control become creatures until end to turn and they gain haste. Yes, so anything that auto cruise is good, even if an auto crew is one thing. This auto cruise everything and is a graveyard geitter Backer. I already play an an artifact graveyard geitter Backer in my vehicle deck four seven. This does that plus auto cruise, so auto include huh yeah in my in my vehicle deck. Super cool.
Speaker 1: And it's an uncommon So you're not gonna open one of those for sure?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 1: Yes, will never see that card ever.
Speaker 2: Correct. There's a card called road Rage. That's all I'm gonna say about that. It's funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Green Green, we missed a stupid card.
Speaker 2: I hate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't like that one either.
Speaker 2: Moving on, look at a stupid card? I hate it.
Speaker 1: Dude, District mascot Actually I have a little bit of an actual issue with because it's a mount but it's also a But is it a fucking Pomerani? Ride a Corgi? Ask Chris von Doom he had a corky. You're not big enough to ride.
Speaker 2: You know what's really weird is if you're kneeling, you could straddle that Corgi on your knees and then it looks really weird and you could like walk around on your knees. I'm getting lots of weird looks in the studio. You can walk around on your knees and it would look like you're riding it, but you're not, and it's just weird.
Speaker 1: That's a weird thing. And you don't ride your mascot or your dog. Can you imagine if somebody tried to jump on Gritty's back guys getting beat up, pull the shive that he hides in his boots and it would spill blood. Man, I want to talk about ooze Patrol for a second. These are the These are two cards that I actually like.
Speaker 2: There's there's ooses, isn't there there's.
Speaker 1: There's there's two ooze cards, yes, that I want to talk about. There's only two oozes in the set, and one of them isn't the card that we're gonna talk about. Ooze Patrol. I like strictly because of the flavor text. I think it's actually remarkably not very good card. But it says, as it digested the demonic Roadster, it too learned the thrill of speed, right, and then it's like morphed into the shape of a car and the wheels are little hands. They're slapping real asked, I just I really like that? And then the actual card that I'm I'm legitimately excited to play this, but I'm not sure where yet. March of the World. Ooze is an enchantment for Green and Green three creatures we control are oozes in addition to their other types, and are six sixes, And whenever a player casts a spell on not their turn, I get an elephant. I have no idea why.
Speaker 2: It does that. That's actually an ooz, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a six to six ooze. But why isn't it just an ooze? Why? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Maybe in testing they were like, well, this is an enchantment that needs to get removed, and when it gets removed, your stuff becomes like regular again.
Speaker 1: Right, I guess I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe it was too good with all it. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess it made six six oozes, like it just made a six six oohs one one ooz. Yep, right, that'd be cool.
Speaker 2: I'm not a school of six, that's true.
Speaker 1: But the odds of you ever getting one of those I used to play was a time of need, not time of me. It's an old enchantment for green one, and whenever your opponent casts a spell on your turn, you get a four to four. I don't think I've ever made a four to four with that card.
Speaker 2: No, because people just just there's just two other players turns that they could do stuff on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. Yeah, So you just get Should we talk about the eighth Spark? Should we?
Speaker 2: No, everybody's talking about the Should we talk about cards that we like that we want to play?
Speaker 1: Market Backwalker?
Speaker 2: You like this one?
Speaker 1: I do? I actually do. I'm in the process right now of building a plus one plus one counter colorless creature focused deck.
Speaker 2: Oh, that sounds like a nightmare to play.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping it won't be. I'm hoping it'll be really easy and not super fiddly. You're playing Marqui Backwalker, but I would like to do market Backwalker.
Speaker 2: About hany Sackwalker.
Speaker 1: I have that one as well, good because I own one market Backwalker's an x x zero zero comes into play with x plus one plus one counters on it. You can tap forward to put an additional counter on it. When it eats shit, you draw card for each counter on it. It's a good card. I like that one, dude.
Speaker 2: Monument of Endurance. Okay, you ever heard of this card? Whenever you discard a card, choose one that hasn't been chosen this turn. Okay, whenever you discard a card, you can draw card. Okay, whenever you discard a card, you create a treasure token. Yeah, whenever you discard a card, each opponent loses three life.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good.
Speaker 2: This card slaps.
Speaker 1: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: Man. This If you loot even once a turn, you can pick draw card and draw card, draw card and create a treasure token draw card and each pont loses three life just from tapping a murpholk Looter.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good.
Speaker 2: This card is really good. And imagine if you had like a seed born muse and you could murpho glut on every turn, you can choose whatever you wanted. This card's really good. This card is really really good. I want to play it.
Speaker 1: It'd go good in that uh the Zombie Guide from the front of the Commander deck, because whenever he attacks, you draw a card in his card card.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's almost like cards from the set should go in the pre con Dang, that's how I would do it anyway. That's just brilliant, you know what I I kind.
Speaker 1: Of let me hit you with something that book. I don't know who the fuck Loot is, so I'm going to like look into it with all killer no Philler, Miller. He does his Commander Commander Pastry.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Why is he in every goddamn art in this whole set. There's a whole cycle of lands that's just a story of how Loute is so awesome.
Speaker 2: Why it's something about him being like he's a pathfinder so he can like sniff out the omen paths like he's a tracker or he's a bloodhound esque kind of guy.
Speaker 1: They're huge and on fire. They're not hard to find. Look at them. They're huge. You can't miss them. Yeah, he's everywhere. He's just going through the thing, and he's like, oh man, Loot is so cool. He's my favorite. God damn it.
Speaker 2: You know what. I want to spend a couple minutes and talk about something that is cool.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now I do like I do like things something the allegedly.
Speaker 2: All of the showcase printings and treatments and stuff. Very now we don't have one hundred commanders percent anymore, which is great. We've got one hundred different art treatments that we do and sixty nine thousand secret layers still. So yes, we've got the the revd up edition where it's like.
Speaker 1: These are all the vehicles in Borderless treatments. They're not necessarily matching to each other, but they're all really cool.
Speaker 2: Great high contrast, like really modern kind of I want to call them graffiti style, but I can't because there's graffiti style art style right in this same set. So these are cool and they're all the vehicles, yes, and I think I like that, but I also don't like it because I can't play every vehicle in my vehicle deck in this style.
Speaker 1: Get that.
Speaker 2: Dang it.
Speaker 1: I've run into that a few times with my deck. So I've got the cool versions of everything, but like some of them don't exis so they just kind of look boring compared to them.
Speaker 2: Like, man, look at this freaking the voyage Boy.
Speaker 1: Wide car looks like a huge like a Gundam laser cannon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm here for it. And Valor's flagship and all of the ones that, like they got freaking speed lines and they're glowing tires like it's freaking tron like like.
Speaker 1: It's a Kira or like Ara's bike.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or they all look like they're from Mad Max you mentioned earlier, or like the Hull Drifter revved up version looks like the transport van from oh what the Blade Runner twenty forty nine a little bit, yeah, where it crashes into the water and he's got to drown that girl. Yeah. Man, how come I have seen that movie? I don't know. I've seen the start of that movie once, I've seen the end of that movie like nine hundred times.
Speaker 1: How I don't know?
Speaker 2: I just find it when it's on TV and I can't look away because it's such a beautiful movie. Oh, do that on the viewing room anyways, talking to another another producer in the studio anyways. And then we've got oh.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about this in real fast. Remember we were talking about the legendary shark pirate that was like shooting a cannon off of his like giant shark shaped ship. There's a picture of his giant shark ship, and that's really cool. I'm glad that can we google that, the giant sharkship?
Speaker 2: Why not? I don't know. It seems like google it.
Speaker 1: Producer Gary, Producer Gary's gonna google it and see what we get. Wait, make sure to do it on the studio computer, though, so that we haunt all those security updates.
Speaker 2: Took haunted hell ride. It's literally just a tractor from down the road for me.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Our next one is the Rude Riders. Those are the rat Fink ones. We've talked about these ones on our first look a couple weeks ago. Yes, I love them just as much now as I did. Then this one this like, oh, they're so good.
Speaker 1: I've actually started liking them a lot more. The one criticism I will level at them is they're they don't all look the same, but they are all the aim you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Nope, Like they all have a solid color background and they all have their highly detailed, highly colored.
Speaker 1: Just some insane shit going on.
Speaker 2: The eyeballs in them, get me, Like everybody's eyeballs are bugging right up, just.
Speaker 1: Going the blood gas is really cool. He got his little knife and oh so good howl squad heavy. I think that's the goblin you were talking about earlier, right, Oh yeah, other goblins you control have haste. At the beginning of combat. On your turn you get a goblin. I forgot that. He did that too, And then at max speed you can tap and get a red for every goblin you control. That's gonna be such a.
Speaker 2: That card is good. And also that's the mystery machine with rocket blasters on it. Yes, Like, how could you not like it? I do?
Speaker 1: Oh yes, I want that one. If you open that one, you're gonna trade it to me.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you got any dark misprinted griffin canyons?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes I do.
Speaker 2: Then we've got the graffiti Gearhawks, which I've never called them before, and God's also works. Yes, alliteration today letter is letter G correct. So these are cool. They they match like thematically and from a color standpoint with the revd up vehicles, right, you can see that there's like little bricks that they are actually graffiti art on a wall somewhere. Yep, very cool.
Speaker 1: I like the Sabsuom, Sabsuon and luxA embodied. Yeah, thick Frog lady, Yep, like that one.
Speaker 2: I don't think I'll play any of these, but I do like them.
Speaker 1: All thick Frog. Do you like the new gearhulks like are they?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Some of them are.
Speaker 1: Okay, The Pirate the Girl one I thought was good. There's the is it the what's the this one here? The rip Tide gearhulic is gonna just be a nightmare.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the blinky one right. Yeah, I double strike Prowess two five for five. When it enters for each opponent put up to one target non land permanent that player controls into its owner's library third from the top.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be a night if you blink.
Speaker 2: That like in your green white deck and just put everybody's everything away. That's a tough card to play against.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's gonna be a real piece of shit. I don't like that one. Yep, I understand why it's good, but like I don't want to play in that game with that card, you know what I mean, It's just not my thing.
Speaker 2: Doomed? Is this the final one? The borderless cards?
Speaker 1: And then we just have the like extended art one, oh.
Speaker 2: And the yellow as we talked about that already. I want to talk about one card in particular, and you would do yourself a service if you went onto YouTube if you're only listening, or look this guy up call it in Triumph castor the art on the what do they call it? The borderless version is so cool. The style of it looks like it's it's an old school oil painting. Obviously it's a digital piece, I get it, yeah, But the style of it is how I think every legendary creature should have a style done in. This is so cool. Well, it screams high fantasy, it screams renaissance, It screams old school comic book cover from like the the the late seventies, Like what's his name is Franz Frizetta or whatever that did the conan comic book covers. Sure, that's the style I want, and we've already got secret layers done by him. Yeah we should get more like this, very cool, coolest art in the.
Speaker 1: Set, really, Yeah, that's the coolest one, not.
Speaker 2: Because of the subject matter, but because of the style.
Speaker 1: What about this shark with a laser cannon that's also a shark that's riding in a shark that has a bunch of mo Wana tattoos on him. I guess he's Maori Malory's the one with the tattoos. But that's my favorite art from the set.
Speaker 2: Subject matter, very cool, yeah, style, call it.
Speaker 1: In sure sure. I just like that. It's a shark with a shark riding a shark.
Speaker 2: He's probably got shark tattoos on it. Wiener probably does, probably does, probably didn't even hurt him whenever he is like p in or whatever.
Speaker 1: Dun dun dun, dun d d.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: And here's how you can't miss the omen path. They're finishing up a cycle of lands yes in this set, which is very cool. I like when they introduce it and then the next set they finish it off. That's very cool.
Speaker 2: Because it doesn't take up all the rare slots in your booster packs.
Speaker 1: Yes, and in this one, like, the lands are cool. They're not gonna be game breaking, they're not gonna be game warping. But if you open them, you're gonna want to play them because they're good.
Speaker 2: I think they are very good. I wanted these lands for a long time. I wish that they had one basic land type. So like the bleach Bone Verge, it's a land. Taps for black, you can tap it for white, activate only if you control the planes or swamp. Now, imagine if this had land long dash swamp, then you could search for it and also get a white if you already have a different swamp.
Speaker 1: What if it had land long dash island.
Speaker 2: Oh, then it could sort of be like a trial. That and if you have them in doubles, they don't turn each other on. Yeah, oh so you could you could take a you could circumvent the thirty dollars price tag of the try Lands and still circumvent the seven hundred dollars price tag of the Duel Lands. That's what I would want.
Speaker 1: Yes, Hey, I think that'd be neat. I think that'd be cool.
Speaker 2: What do we always say? WATSI uh bills in the mail yep on our way? Wow? Hey, I like the set. I like the art. I like the art direction, I like the subject matter, the vehicles, the zombies. I know that there are cards that you want. I do owe you for that mushroom stamp.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm and get some good shit.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I said that wrong. People are gonna jump on that one.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fine the nation. Yeah. So if there are a few cool things that you open up on the Brando's box opening upcoming on the c C O y TC as you say, I can work out a deal.
Speaker 1: Maybe we can.
Speaker 2: Final thought of the day. Thank the business daddies and do what you do.
Speaker 1: I will do that. In fact, thank you very much the Fusion Gaming Online dot Com for giving us these terrible cards that we're gonna play with. Oh no, thanks awful set.
Speaker 2: Thanks to Fusion for sending me the booster pack box with all the best stuff in it.
Speaker 1: You think they did that, well, I hope they did, because of course they would.
Speaker 2: They saw my name and address instead of yours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're probably right. Do you think they had, like in case of Brando emergency break glasses the worst one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just frickingluackshut.
Speaker 1: It's one of those Amazon ones with the packs just have air in them instead of cards.
Speaker 2: Man us would never do that.
Speaker 1: I know they will to me.
Speaker 2: They except to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just to me, not to anybody else. Thanks to Pile of Bones for sending us beer and keeping us hydrated. We really do appreciate that very much. And thank you very much to you yourself for listening to the show, because we wouldn't be here without any of you. We appreciate you very much. Thanks a lot to producer Gary for giving us a place to record and always giving me this little heater so that I can stay warm. I appreciate all of the things. What are we doing next week?
Speaker 2: Maybe a kalidash no, not Kalidish ether drift deck, I asked in the Patreon discord. And one of the benefits is getting us to talk about your deck. Send it in find the appropriate deck list channel. There's a casual one, there's a competitive sweaty neck beard one, and uh, there's a preferred deck preferred deck list one for stuff that we feature on the show. And I'll be looking there for an ether drift. Maybe an energy deck. Maybe I can finally convince you that energy is good. Nah can maybe a vehicle deck and I can finally convince myself that vehicles are bad.
Speaker 1: I we probably could do that. Actually, that probably wouldn't be that hard. I could probably do that.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if you got a deck from this set, send it along, tag me in it on the discord so that I know. You can also send it to Commander Cookode at gmail dot com if you're not in the Patreon list. We do take a look at all of those things, and we'll save it for a rainy day which might be happening while we record the next exciting episode of Commander Cookout podcast in our theme sort
Speaker 2: Anything