Speaker 1: So we're getting live looks of inside the Capitol.
Speaker 2: Welcome back News Radio eight forty whas Tony and Dwight Dave is out. We're brought to you by the Kentucky Office of Highway Safety. Yes, we're getting to look at the arena that this thing is going to take place of an hour from now, less than an hour from now, we will turn it over to national coverage.
Speaker 3: So network coverage.
Speaker 1: What are were Mike panss city, I don't.
Speaker 2: Well, so I know his wife is not going to be enjoying today if you are one of those, because he you know, obviously either side, I know a lot of people that said I'm not going to watch, and now a lot of people had said we prayed for this day and we cannot watch or we cannot wait for this to happen. People that are not going to watch today.
Speaker 3: I would.
Speaker 2: I would encourage you to look at your own side and not at Donald Trump and his friends that if you're upset about that he got elected, I wouldn't look at the American people and blame or call names. I'd blame the DNC. I'd blame the people that are in charge of the Democrats.
Speaker 1: Getting little Dinghy's over here.
Speaker 3: I know they're tiny ones too.
Speaker 1: These are Dwight Wit and little Dinghy's ask for them by name.
Speaker 2: I'm not trying to make you feel better or try to, you know, but I think it's silly that you're gonna sit in the snow and be mad at him when look, you know a lot of the stuff that you believe about him is true. But you've got to understand how bad the last four years have been and you have let a president. When did his faculties go to where they were just solo? Someone else's making the call what I said it on this show weeks ago, maybe months and I said, they're gonna have to look into when when did he start to decline?
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty?
Speaker 2: Who said he's declined? And the decisions are gonna start to be made because now the information, Because anytime something happens, Dwight that doesn't make sense, I always say, what I go, give me information. It makes this make sense? Right that you fill in and you go, oh okay.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 3: Now you go all right.
Speaker 2: President Biden's faculty start to go down, his wife abandons him or says no, no, no, you're gonna stay president. No, no, no, no no no, stay away, stay away, and a bunch of twenty five year olds took over the White House. That now makes sense for all the policy and a lot of the insane things that happened over the last four years to where you're like, how like the immigration like that made no sense?
Speaker 1: All about Hey, who's your secretary of health?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Our secretar very hell? Let me see, Oh it's a fat man who thinks he's a woman.
Speaker 2: Well, besides that, I don't know what I'm saying. Besides that, who was making the call?
Speaker 1: That's all?
Speaker 2: And now people are yelling saying that that there has been a hint that there will be an investigation of we need to know when the president's faculty started to go down and win. And I don't care if you're a Republican, independent, Democrat or whatever. You would call for the same, and we should call for the same. If the president loses his mind, we the people should know.
Speaker 1: Was that last part? I couldn't hear over the paper shredders, What I couldn't You're still sick. Couldn't couldn't make couldn't make that.
Speaker 2: But it's getting close, And look at that scene behind you. Dude, we're watching this.
Speaker 1: My god, that's the beast right there.
Speaker 3: That is the that's the beast.
Speaker 2: The Cadillac, the Cadillac that that is basically an armored vehicle. Those things can take any kind of I think he can take a rocket attack.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure. Uh, at least it does in the movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does in the movie. It doesn't President one.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's no batmobile. No, it's no batmobile. Oh and there's here's a President Biden. Yeah, that's President Biden, President bidenident. And he'll be the red carpet is their at the White House. He'll be leaving. He's gonna jump into the hurst, I mean the limo, and then he will go for the helicopter. Did they do the helicopter ride out right?
Speaker 1: Marine one? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 2: Nixon made it famous because he did that stupid you know, the victory or peace sign.
Speaker 1: So it was like a circle, you know what I'm saying, Like a circle type thing.
Speaker 2: People got to know their president's not a crooked moncle. You're not so today. So to that's January twentieth, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: You had pardons.
Speaker 2: I don't know how many pardons Biden had how many pardons Donald has today? But then the execut orders start to flow in this afternoon. If you're a newsperson, buckle up. Oh my gosh, buckle up, because it is going to be a long day of here's what he signed today. Now, I think they already have a plan implemented, especially for immigration and certain issues like that, that they're going to start enacting those things before the sun goes down.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, so I didn't watch, but yesterday it was a big rally, evidently in Washington or wherever, and he spoke in. One of the things he said is that his administration was saying, hey, don't sign all these executive orders on the first day. We need to spread this in over weeks. And his comment was like, hell, we will. Yeah, we're going to sign him first day. So I'm interested in what's going to be signed and what we put out there today. But as far as going up, I'm a fan of Donald Trump. But as far as going to Washington, d c. And standing in seven degree wind chills, not to mention, be nervous in a crowd that large like this is one inauguration, I'd be terrified to be at does there makes sense because of all the threats. Again, I think we're.
Speaker 3: So desensitized that.
Speaker 2: The president of United States, it's going to be President United States today, has had two legitimate right assassination attempts. One nicked his ear, I mean, and then the other one. I mean, these were like these weren't some guy that just pulled a gun. You know, this isn't the nineteen sixties where the guys pulls a gun and like a thirty eight.
Speaker 1: It's no eight in their crowd.
Speaker 3: You get too you it starts firing right.
Speaker 2: These guys had plans and high powered rifles.
Speaker 1: A terrifying thing about Pennsylvania is the timeline because they identified the shooter and then an hour twenty went by.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I say all that to say this man, I couldn't imagine being that I would be terrified the entire time of that crowd going when's it gonna blow up? When's it gonna explode?
Speaker 3: Well, no, I was more that one's scary.
Speaker 2: But then the guy at the golf course in Marlago, where the guy was set up at this fence line and with the high prior rifle and had had clay those plates to block pullets at him, had his truck parked right across the street. I mean, that is crazy movie stuff. So I will those attempts stop?
Speaker 1: Well, that's why I was wondering, and that's why I was saying, just even if it's not against President Trump, you have all these people lining the streets. Yeah, for the celebration. Look what just happened on New Year's Day?
Speaker 3: What happened on New Year's Day?
Speaker 1: Well, then the New Orleans Yeah, Oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I thought we're talking about Trump in assassination.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, I'm talking about terror attacks, which, by the way, the Super Bowls back there in two weeks, right, So look out, John Channing with Breaking News.
Speaker 4: You're asking about some of the presidential presidential executive orders. He's got two hundred in store for today. Yeah, there's a lot, including reinstituting remaining in Mexico. He's going to stop by by executive order birthright citizenship for kids born in the US. He's taking the restraints off the energy policies that were put in on the Alaska National Wildlife Refuge. He's reinstituting Schedule F to allow greater control by his office over executive level employees just to name a few. Oh, he's also revoking the fifty one intelligence officials that signed that letter that said that Hunter Biden's laptop was fake. They are having their security clearances revoked today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two hundreds a lot. I don't know if he gets through two hundred.
Speaker 1: How many did Biden have? Ninety two?
Speaker 3: I believe that ninety two today.
Speaker 4: That first day, his first day in office, there was like ninety and it all was all that was repealing a lot of It's a.
Speaker 2: Little insane because Trump's first day last time just reversed everything Obama did. Then Biden came in and his first eight reversed everything that Trump did, and now Trump's going to reverse everything Biden did. So it's just kind of like every four years, you're just gonna get things. But he's got all three. He's got the House, got the Senate, got the White House for two years and his So people are like, it'll be in a disaster like last time. No, he he knows the way he was dining for four years, so now he's like, I'm not. He doesn't have his inn family involved. We always thought that was dumb, but he doesn't have his family involved.
Speaker 3: Anymore. He's hiring people, come on, give me come on.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: So he's he's got people in there that actually do with the job entails.
Speaker 3: So we'll see.
Speaker 1: There's plenty of times I asked Laura, what do you think about diplomacy with this nation? Yeah, and she would say, whatever you think, sugar wigle.
Speaker 2: Bear, Thank you for bear, thank you for press. Snoop Dogg get in trouble for doing uh doing the Do you.
Speaker 3: Watch the news at all over the weekend?
Speaker 1: The news? I'll watch any current program. Everything that we watch is from the seventies eighties, except for some on demand content, which, by the way, we started watching tell me about them.
Speaker 4: He caught heat from both sides, and so did Nelly as well.
Speaker 2: So Snoop Dogg played a Trump event, which for if you had said four years ago that that was be a fact. But you know what, Snoop Dogg is smart. Yeah, yeah, he's smart. He's not dumb.
Speaker 4: He angered those on the left, the outrage folks on the left because he's performing at a Trump event, and there's people on the right up set with him because he did a video four years ago where he pointed a toy gun out a cutout of Trump and when he pulled it, the little flag came out and said bang like he was shooting him in like an anti Trump rap video.
Speaker 2: So uh so yes, Snoop Dogg's definitely knows how to stay in the news for sure, But he did flip and played a Trump event. He he's not stupid.
Speaker 4: Rapper Rapper Nelly performed at one too, and he was catching flak. He went on social media said, look, it's not about who's in the office, it's the honor of being asked to perform.
Speaker 1: Did he wear a red, white and blue band aid? Do not know, because no, the always were a band aid.
Speaker 2: I think I think Biden's pardoning of Fauci and I think Fauci Martin regardless it, I think it's a I think it's a favor to Trump because it's it's not gonna waste time. It's not gonna waste time with investigations that are just what will end up with it another you got to find all this proof and stuff, and it's it'll take forever, will dominate what.
Speaker 5: You already find the proof where in the the the pardons actually end up being a double edged sword because when your pardon like this, you no longer have Fifth Amendment protections on anything related to that, so they can still be called for other investigations.
Speaker 4: They can't say I plead the Fifth anymore because they were pardoned and they well they could also lie. Then they face perjury charge.
Speaker 2: All right, well, I think it also to me, that's what I thought. I said, Well, this will save time and mess and news stories, you know, just move on, move on to running the country and not look back on all that.
Speaker 3: I get it now.
Speaker 2: I do agree with the investigators possible investigation of who was running the White House and when who went and where all that went down.
Speaker 3: So we'll see with that.
Speaker 2: But today's events will be laid out right here on News Radio eight forty whas eleven am we will turn over to national coverage, so you will hear it here and watching on our WLK wipe of partners if you are at home or you want to listen to us either way, but it's going to be fun.
Speaker 1: Quick note from my pizza dealer and also the show's technical technical difficulties this morning, your show and the past hour audio has been going in and out.
Speaker 4: And lines are oh I noticed that, and lines are repeating they've been having some some kind of data issue with the signal.
Speaker 1: Thank you, George tammering from Barons and I would take a large Mama Baronos.
Speaker 4: It's given a little bit of wheet, I know right on.
Speaker 3: Day this morning the Morning Show.
Speaker 1: What button did you hit? John? What did gust do it? No, it's not.
Speaker 4: Giving us a bit of a max headroom sound this morning when I was coming in.
Speaker 2: Oh, by the way, I don't want to be disgusting since when right, that's my job.
Speaker 3: That's your job, that's my giant.
Speaker 1: I don't want to guy, you're the family guy, fifties husband, and I'm a you're whatever.
Speaker 2: You know these drug mother, you're the nineteen fifties the blomb, right, just consuming everything in its past.
Speaker 3: We really don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 3: We don't know?
Speaker 2: Shoot at it, nothing will nothing will kill it. Uh So I went walking with Doc Sadlow and the crew in the snow on Saturday, did an hour and a half through the hills of Seneca Gardens and all that. But when I left, it's the first time in twenty years that I had to really go to the bathroom like wait, like I'm not gonna make it like I'm an adult. I'm about to turn fifty six, and I go, I'm not gonna make it.
Speaker 1: I'm not being crass. But you're not talking about making water, are you? Yes? Oh you are talking about me? Yes, that go off in the woods.
Speaker 2: No, I could eat snow, and there's everything's cleared out, the leaves are off the bushes.
Speaker 1: Did just turn your backs? Everybody walk that way. I'll catch up and you we we and the old things you.
Speaker 2: Could do that pause cameras everywhere now, So I was like, I can't.
Speaker 3: I sold there?
Speaker 2: WHOA?
Speaker 1: So I come out? When have you ever been shy about getting a little big tony out?
Speaker 2: My wife is a Saint Matthew's city council member.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 3: Is it Jack of van Eddy's husband in the woods?
Speaker 1: You think I worry about my wife's political career.
Speaker 2: So by the way, so I started to think, I hope there's not cameras.
Speaker 3: So I just pulled over.
Speaker 2: And if you know where the ninth hole is at Seneca, I pulled over and I looked down and I saw a bottle.
Speaker 3: Empty bottle.
Speaker 1: You took the time to use a bottle? Are you serious?
Speaker 2: Hole?
Speaker 4: So by the way, that's a dollar out.
Speaker 2: So that's five dollars out. So I filled it almost, you know, right to the top. I was like, God, I hope this ends.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: But it worked. And then I pulled off.
Speaker 4: I hope the bottle was sanitary.
Speaker 2: I pulled off. It was an empty water plastic bottle.
Speaker 1: So it worked.
Speaker 2: It worked, and I pulled off, and I thought, boy, I hope there's no cameras, Like, what is what is the what is that guy.
Speaker 3: Doing in your car?
Speaker 1: Got see your wallet just for one second.
Speaker 3: What do you need for?
Speaker 1: Okay, let's see Blockbuster video card license.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't touch that Pittsburgh. See the credit card I've signed up for my real life.
Speaker 1: Oh here we go man card.
Speaker 2: Why you did know how long it takes to get another Man card?
Speaker 1: S eight weeks? Listen, you don't have to we we in a bottle. You're a guy. One of the only advantages of being a guy. We're dumber than women. The sun is shining. We got.
Speaker 3: Into the everyone would see what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: The only advantage to being a guy is being able to we WI whenever you want, wherever you want.
Speaker 2: Just saying yes, so am I I'm just saying, all right, this thing is really getting warmed up here. As dignitaries are are filing in, there's vivic Yeah is he in or out? I heard he was rumors vivid rumors. But is that Bezos? No, that's not bezos.
Speaker 1: Right. Oh, there's a comer from Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on, yeah, the usual suspects are up front.
Speaker 3: I did see.
Speaker 4: I did see three former Speakers of the House, New Gingrich, John Bayner, and Kevin McCarthy standing there having a chat.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine how miserable kindergarten was with? Your last name was Ramaswami.
Speaker 3: But this is not a former president's event.
Speaker 4: Right, normally it is?
Speaker 3: Oh it is?
Speaker 2: Yes, So when Obama went in, Clinton and Bush and all them were there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh, I'm sorry, you're right, I'm an idiot. I'm sorry. I'm looking at a different event here. I thought I'm an idiot. I'm sorry enough.
Speaker 2: Of course, inaugurations are off president because it's the famous video over there where they think they catch Clinton looking at Milania and then Hilary catches him look his staring at her. So it's memes are funny, I'm sorry, are funny, but I'm watching something different. They're walking into the Capitol.
Speaker 4: No, this is this is everybody coming in for the inauguration. This is where they're doing it, right here in the race of the Capitol. I've done ceremonies in that hut.
Speaker 3: I thought they were doing it in an arena.
Speaker 4: Afterwards at the Capital. The actual swearing in is going on right here in the Capitol rotunnel.
Speaker 3: There can't be two hundred seats.
Speaker 4: They say they can fit six hundred. Wow, I saw probably how this was Probably when I did rail there was three fifth.
Speaker 2: Leave it to Trump to do something completely different than tradition.
Speaker 1: That Ronald Reagae did the same thing and his second inauguration.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it was like seven degrees outside.
Speaker 3: Well, he didn't know where it was.
Speaker 1: Either, Nancy, Nancy, how did all these people get in my room? Well, we're not in your room, sir God, I don't recall nothing good ever happens in a suit.
Speaker 3: Nancy.
Speaker 4: Then we have all them.
Speaker 3: We got sims, furniture and window nation.
Speaker 1: Oh listen, when you're watching the inauguration, are you gonna be watching on a DNA stained ripped furniture, couch and love seat or geez, do are you gonna have. I just can't help it. My sister will move on, she's incontinent. Come on, dude, how about a new love seat and sofa? Well, what's that gonna set me back?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Just eight hundred and ninety nine dollars. If you go to Sims Furniture Preston Highway or Dixie Highway, that's right. Sofa and the love seat one hundred and ninety nine dollars. But let's go ahead and tie it in and do the entire living room give you something to be proud of. Let's do the sofa, love seat, buttonle it with three tables, three of them, a two pack of lamps, and an area rug. Still just one thousand, two hundred and ninety nine dollars at Sims Furniture. What about the bedroom, Let's get that bedroom updated, seven piece bedroom set, bed dresser, mirror, chester, drawers, nightstand, only nine hundred and ninety nine dollars. A seven piece bedroom set for under one thousand dollars. Folks, Sims Furniture wants you to have home furnishings that you're proud of and that you love, and they make it easy to do if you don't have credit. I just approved. You tell them. Dwight Whitten said, you have credit. SIMS Furniture two locations, Dixie Highway and Preston Highway. Stick around more on the way. Inauguration covers starts at eleven on news radio eight forty. Whas what we got here? Black keys, Listen people, it's Paul Staneler's birthday.
Speaker 3: To day, Oh happened?
Speaker 1: Paul stanled day with me.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I got a question fell day.
Speaker 1: How cold is it? It's seven degrees out when I came to work this morning, it was one.
Speaker 3: He was really cold. It was number one.
Speaker 1: It was number one. It was number one, John Auden.
Speaker 3: So cold, but we're all old too.
Speaker 1: It's cold enough to freeze the nuts. Office stop. So obviously, elect direct, you let me finish cold enough, I know what the line is. Nuts off an iron bridge.
Speaker 2: President elect and President depart from the Capitol. That's happening right now. We are twenty minutes away for national coverage, and President Trump will take office here in just about two hours.
Speaker 1: It looks like the Resident elect has already left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he went to We didn't see if he got into the helicopter and went away. But this is a big day. Of course, Martin Luther King Day. Most people have the day off, not the media. Who'se we're journalist.
Speaker 1: I wonder if no, he is resident elect, is still on the in the car. I wonder though, if they get a lot, like two miles down the road and he goes, did you turn the stove off?
Speaker 3: Anyway? Jackie does that every time? Did you lock the door? We're down the street, did you lock the door? Uh No? And I lit all the candles before I left. Uh so.
Speaker 2: Uh So, this is a huge whatever you whatever side you want to say, the world is about to dramatically change. You've seen some of the Trump effect already, the cease fire in Israel Tel Aviv, Hamas.
Speaker 3: It is dramatic. They're already getting hostages back.
Speaker 2: Three women Yesterdayminis reunited with their families.
Speaker 1: It's very reminiscent when Reagan came in after Carter.
Speaker 2: They don't want to deal with this guy, so they're all like, let's just preempt You see a lot of folks and they're getting upset. The New York mayor so democrat, you can't even I mean ridiculous. He's down in mar Lago talking to the president, how can you help me?
Speaker 3: And you know his conversation.
Speaker 2: I don't want to allege their conversation, but I'm going to after what he said the mayor. He wants help with immigration. So a lot of things are going to happen today. Two hundred possible executive orders, which by the way, those were what those were meant for. But it has become how Americans politics has run. You can't pass any laws anymore, you can't legislate right or wrong, and and helpful events or non You now just presidents sign executive orders. That's how the government's run now. Gridlock has become ridiculous and has been for twenty years.
Speaker 1: Watching the president's motorcade go down the road right now, and I can't help but notice how many people are on the right side watching left side. Nothing but military, secret service police. But I wouldn't feel safe being in that crowd at all the barricades.
Speaker 2: It's just like, this is the world we live in. So these ten foot black barricades. Do you see those? The iron all the way down, There's fences everywhere.
Speaker 1: Comey state troopers just lining the law enforcement there. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, so either way, if you're not going to watch. I get it, But blame your own side. Don't blame Trump. Trump ran for office. Blame the Democrats. Absolutely, that's what I would say. Blame your own side. If you're saying I'm not watching that, I'll throw up. I've watched it, okay, but blame your own side.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So that's what it is. As matter of fact, DC looks beautiful today with the snow on the ground and January twentieth, the Martin Luther King Day of course just has Look it's January twentieth.
Speaker 3: Every year or every four years.
Speaker 2: The inauguration of Donald Trump will be live on this station in fifteen twenty minutes. All right, So let's say let's give some credit where credit is. Yes, what a story, John, have you heard about our this the sales kid?
Speaker 1: I have not.
Speaker 3: Brandon Malone's seventeen years old.
Speaker 1: I say it with some heart.
Speaker 2: Brandon Malone, Right, he's down at McNeeley Lake Park, southeast Jefferson County.
Speaker 3: Where is that.
Speaker 1: It's in the southern eastern part of the county. It's for being our south end of report. You are terrible, Basically, He'll view can tell.
Speaker 3: You it's Hellview.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got you South end and southwest that my friend is south side. Asked me where Old Brian's fish house and bar is I'll tell you that.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yo.
Speaker 2: So he Brandon's down there with his girlfriend hanging out at the lake.
Speaker 1: What are y'all doing hanging around?
Speaker 3: Tell you kids, they're watching the sunset as well.
Speaker 1: He's a romantic brand.
Speaker 3: He's a romantic the sales kid.
Speaker 1: By the way, Hey, perhaps he was glad to go to McNeeley Lake and witness the sunset with me.
Speaker 3: Thank you bad Tony.
Speaker 1: And here is two Barlet's and James Cootless for us to partake in.
Speaker 3: Thank you bad Tony Vernetti.
Speaker 2: So they're watching the sunset when they heard cries for help about one hundred yards away. Wow, two teenage girls had broken through the ice and we're struggling to stay afloat in the water. Brandon quote. My girlfriend was like, do you all need help? Do you all need help? Non't look if this is any of my sisters or my wife.
Speaker 3: No, I don't need help. I'm just yelling, floundering in the ice.
Speaker 1: Somebody down on the ground having a caesar can't speak, and you lean over them and go okay.
Speaker 2: So they kept screaming, help, Help, Help, so they ran over. He said, he didn't even think about it. Of course you don't. You're seventeen. You're gonna roll in there and save those girls. One of the girls was closer to the shore, while the other one was farther out, almost in the middle of the lake. Blone immediately gave the first girl his shirt to keep her warm, and then turned his focus on the second girl. Bloone, a senior at the Sales High School, started into the ice, but it didn't hold up, so it started to crack.
Speaker 3: So, I mean at that.
Speaker 2: Point when I fell in, it's got no shirt on. That's when it kind of hit me like this is fight or flight moment. So you know, I got under the ice and I pushed up.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, damn.
Speaker 2: This kid, this kid is Jack Reacher. He is Jack Reacher. Brandon Malone, seventeen. Good for you, Oh kidding, I hope, I hope Greenberg does something for you, or just Sails High School one of the two.
Speaker 3: See it's a good Catholic boy.
Speaker 1: Because ah, because it would have been seventeen year old Dwight, I would have went.
Speaker 3: You know, they got to.
Speaker 1: Have a car up here somewhere with the purses.
Speaker 3: He's still stupid.
Speaker 1: I wonder if they got the new zz top.
Speaker 2: What I'm gonna do is try to get Brandon Malone on the air with us. Let's do it just to describe what the heck happened, because this this looks like a movie. Everyone survived, everyone's doing well. And just think if him and his girlfriend weren't there, and it would just think if Brendan Malone a wasn't a romantic yeah to spend the sunset with his girlfriend at Mcneelye Lake, or the fact that he, you know, wasn't gonna go in the water to help these guys girls. It's fantastic. So we're gonna try to get Brandon Malone on.
Speaker 1: So I wonder how cold that water is? And the reason is how quick does hypothermia take over? Pretty dark, really quick, right, and he was under the eyes.
Speaker 3: When to push up, he's probably breaking it up.
Speaker 1: I wonder if that's gonna be uh, Like you're on your yearbook, you write quotes or whatnot. You know, of course you remember me from the daredevil rescue of the two teenage girls. It was a code day that day, and the sun it was unforgiving somebody that have melted the eyes to this weakness that the.
Speaker 3: Is the third season rang completely dropped.
Speaker 1: I don't know it has not, Okay, So speaking of recommendations, you gave me a stellar recommendation. Susan and I we love Dexter. Yes, the show, and you got to watch it. John Dexter, I've not seen I've never watched it.
Speaker 3: I've never watched it.
Speaker 1: So good. So they come out with this, uh it's a prequel and it's called Dexter Original Sin. Well, I thought everything had dropped already and all those episodes were out there. We start watching it like ends on episode eight, and I'm like, damn it, they're not all out there. So I said, here Vanetti told me about this American Prime Evil series.
Speaker 3: Oh man, he says it's it's brutal.
Speaker 1: He says, really good. So she goes, okay, we'll take his advice for once. So we go to watch American Prime Evil and she turns it on and we're watching and I don't know who anybody is. There's four storylines going on. People are getting killed. I'm like, are we supposed to care who that person that just got killed? He looked like a big name while he killed him off so early, what ends? And you know how it always goes to the next episode.
Speaker 3: It didn't, did it?
Speaker 1: No? I want to like Barney or something stupid.
Speaker 3: I'm like, well, guess why did she play the last episode? First?
Speaker 1: Yes, she played the very last episode of the series. So now I know how all of it ends. I know who dies in the end.
Speaker 3: It's almost unforgivable and it's so forgiving.
Speaker 1: And so when I'm watching all the action going down and people are getting you know, hatchets in the head and narrow through the eyeball, I'm thinking this would be really thrilling if I was invested in whoever this character is. But now I'm just seeing is old West people getting killed. And so it's explained it at the end that oh yeah, this was the very last episode of the series. I was so pissed.
Speaker 2: So I'm telling you, I'm telling you series that you like is such are part of our couple, our couplehoodus toles, our couple's life that when we get a series, we're like, oh, yes, the next three weeks are done.
Speaker 1: Three weeks. We went through Landman in a day and a half.
Speaker 3: I know, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: Look, our new one is the called pitt It's about the er in Pittsburgh, like the public er in Pittsburgh, and we love it. It's only it's three episodes in and we but it's it's the got away till Thursday at nine.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing that. Think that's why you just have to come out on the day it comes out.
Speaker 3: They think we're Paris Hilton.
Speaker 1: I'm man.
Speaker 2: The only way I'm gonna stay up till night is to watch No to Dame Fighting Irish win the national title tonight. I might get up to pee at nine, but I'm not staying up till John Alden.
Speaker 3: Is the line still late and a half? You know, I haven't checked the line, but I would hope. So I heard it was still late and a half. I'm taking the fighting night. I was pretty happy that the over finally hit last night in that game in between the boat the Ravens and They'm gonna tell.
Speaker 2: You, dude, I've I've never I was physically ill, Like I stopped caring about sports as much because of this reason. Because I started to get nervous when I'm five. Yeah, and then my stomach started to feel bad. And then when Lamar kept making all these mistakes, and then they the Ravens, started making mistakes, I started to physically get ill. Going the narrative is happening again that they are the best regular season team in the last five years and they choke in the playoffs, and now that is it's legitimate.
Speaker 1: I didn't see it. I was watching a spectacular ending to a series that I've ever watched. Now.
Speaker 2: Lamar Jackson fumbles, he throws an interception and then Mark Andrews drops a two point conversion that would have tied the game in his hands, A soft little job. All he's got to do is put his hands around it. He fumbles it. It goes in overtime. At that point, it's anybody's game. And momentum was on the Patriots or of the Patriots with the Ravens side at that time. And then you don't know what happens.
Speaker 1: Two points of order before we go to break, and we gotta stay on time because we will cover the inauguration.
Speaker 3: True will be going to fifty two.
Speaker 1: We got about a minute now, Oh do we okay? Johnny from the news room. Eleven thousand law enforcement officers across the country in DC today. Also today is National DJ Day. That does that doesn't concern us. We're not DJ's. We are America's top journalist, John, get it right, man, we're DJs, DJs, DJs. Hey join me? Tone is that DJ WQMT from seven to night?
Speaker 3: All right, which one are you doing here? Before we go to lmited Landscapes.
Speaker 2: Landscape Unlimited Landscapes is owned by Steve Butler. He's a good friend of mine. A business in Middletown. They've been around for thirty years, but pools in for twenty. They could tell you what you could do and not do. These guys are the best. They have architects and designers and they'll look at your space in the backyard and go, yep, we can do that there.
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me? You could put a pool in here? You're darn right we can.
Speaker 2: Unlimited Landscapes dot com to see what they've done. They'll make it work. Go to them and check them out. You want a pool, just put a little money into your pool. The four ones doing really well, so just stay there where you are and put a pool in. All right, Back after this News Radio eight forty whas we're watching everyone file in right now to the Capitol as President Donald Trump will take his second term. With one in the middle here, that's just a couple, there's Dana White. All of the folks that are important to this office are here now. The room apparently holds about six hundred people. The inauguration will not take place outside. We know that it is indoors.
Speaker 1: And the revolution will not be televised.
Speaker 3: Stick around news radio eight forty whs