Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Psychic Teachers. I'm your host, Deb Bowie.
Speaker 2: And I'm Samantha Fay.
Speaker 1: We're so excited that you are with us this week as we offer to you one of our very your very favorite episodes. It's Ours two, our question and answer episode, and you guys have sent us some great questions and stories and here we go. Samantha, you want to get us started.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know, I just want to say Deb and I had the great pleasure of going to one of our local book festivals and we got to meet some of our listeners, which was such a huge, huge treat, and a couple of them had said, been listening to you forever. I think one lady said she just discovered us this semester. Listen to me this fall, and she said, and they all expressed that this is their favorite episode, is listening to the Q and A. So just wanted to give a shout out to all our lovely friends and listeners who came to see us and shared that. And what did we say. We said, we agree those are our favorite episodes too.
Speaker 1: Wait, Tip, and I have to tell you all it was a little embarrassing. Yeah. One woman walked up and she said, oh my god, you're Samantha and Damn and we went, yeah, we all heard, and don't misunderstand that folks were honored, but it was so little, like whoa where did that come from? But it was really lovely. Quite a great time we had. We really enjoyed our time meeting new folks and seeing so many of you who know us and through the podcast, So thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Okay, our first question says, I'm a psychic medium. I've had experiences for as long as I can remember, but for the first time this past February, I saw my wife's aura with my own eyes. She was having a rough time and suddenly I saw it flash around her. I didn't want to say anything because she was sharing something emotional, but later that night I asked her. All travel to the spirit plane and was learning how to see people's auras because it was easier to see us spirit. They were so beautiful and complex, like layers of colors with three bright balls of energy extending over people's heads. I came back and saw my wife's aura. My body didn't have one at that moment. I saw my dog's aura, and then I flew up and saw our apartment even had an aura. It was green. I went back to the spirit plane and was practicing more. I think I got a download of information or something, because suddenly I had this intense fear of a mass extinction event on the Earth. I was just filled with dread. Now I grew up atheist. I don't know anything about angels and wouldn't really think to call for them, but I did. I called for help from an angel, and one appeared immediately. He came to me as a sort of ball of light with something spinning around it, and then appeared as a classical depiction of an angel in a robe. He was so large, like twenty feet tall, and something about him was golden, but nothing was gold And he introduced himself as Gabriel, which I looked up later and that is apparently an archangel. So I said, I was deeply afraid for some event to cause this unimaginable extinction, and he just wordlessly filled me with this indescribable reassurance. Then he put me into a potential future lifetime of mind where this event could happen. I'll spare you a account of it, because it's just a long description of a lot of people's from my current life as different people and some new but very loved people in this very mundane setting. But it was filled with so much emotion. But what was important was after I was pulled out of the possible future lifetime and standing near the angel again, I had my answer. All of this wisdom was just shared to me at the deepest level. He said, no matter what happens big or small now or lifetimes from now, we will all be with our loved ones, safe in their arms, whether we're right here with them physically or in spirit, none of us will be alone. And above all, we are all deeply beloved, every one of us, and nothing will truly happen to us because we are spirit and so deeply loved. The experience was also a personal lesson to trust my gifts. The reason why I was physically able to end that lifetime literally hugging every loved one in my life was because I was psychic then and listened and trusted my gifts. But that wasn't the only thing he showed me. Immediately after, he gave me a lesson about what I perceive as failure. I was placed in this coffee shop and there was a box of straws near the edge of the counter. I knew it was going to fall, but I didn't do anything to prevent it, and a woman came by and knocked them down, and she broke down crying. I knelt down to help her, and she explained that her baby had just died, and while she cried, we connected and she was able to heal a little from just the kindness of a stranger. And then the scene reset. This time I saw the box of straws and knew they were going to fall, so I moved them from the edge because I didn't want anyone to somehow get hurt. The woman walked by and didn't knock them over. Instead, she was just sad and angry and grabbed her coffee and left. And we never shared that moment. We just stayed isolated. The lesson was about the beauty that comes from mistakes. What I view as a mistake or failure was actually a profound moment of connection and vulnerability. Wow, that image that the angel showed this listener, that's really profound. I hope that helps all of us who struggle and grapple with perceived views of personal failure, because that is such a great lesson.
Speaker 1: It really is. They're a lot to unpack in this email, you know, the whole askal for rejection, Aura seeing thing and the straws. I certainly hope that this listener is keeping records and make writing down dates, because clearly there's a lot of work for this person to be doing in a wonderful way.
Speaker 2: I never thought of a home or an apartment as having a collective aura, but it makes such perfect sense.
Speaker 1: You've never seen your cars, Aura.
Speaker 2: No, I've never seen my cars, Aura.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Be a nerd around it, but not an aura.
Speaker 1: Do you name your cars.
Speaker 2: SyES, I do name all of my cars.
Speaker 1: Well, if you give them a name, they have a vibration that you've created that might help you connect to them.
Speaker 2: I know it makes perfect sense, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: It does.
Speaker 2: But an apartment building is different because that's the collective energy of everyone living there.
Speaker 1: Well, that's true. But if you were to zoom in and kind of telescope in on your windows, you might see something specific to you. True, just something to think about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot to think about in that email. Thank you for sharing that with us.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Okay. Our next one says, I'm a big fan of your show and wanted to share a synchronicity with you. About a week ago, Oh no, I have to pronounce these words. About a week ago, I purchased a copy of the non Hamadi text Perfect thank you. I have been a practicing pagan for many years just received crafting the Wheel of the Year in the Male Dead love it, thank you, thank you, thank you. But I have recently felt called to tune into the teachings of Jesus, and I thought this would be an interesting thread to follow. The next day, a friend of mine sent a video that references these documents, and I commented to her that this was such a lovely coincidence. Within a couple of days later, you posted your episode on gnosticism, and my mind was truly blown. Clearly, there is a power beyond that is compelling me, and I had so many others to gain awareness of these teachings. All that said, please continue to unravel this for us, and we're happy to do that. And I think this email must have been written before we aired the episode that was a follow up to the Gnosticism episode about the Couthers. I want to address a couple of things that this listener says in this email, because they're just great. You offerd me talk probably your rolling your eyes now a zillion times about connection and about how there's more common ground in our world than there are differences when we look for them, and this is one example of that. And I love knowing that that this person was aware of the synchronicities, realized that there was a message in this for him or her, and that there's always something new to uncover. I think of life as an onion, y'all. I think of to Row that way particularly, but I think of life as an onion. We just keep feeling layers and learning and seeing connections and growing. And I love the idea that there's not mutual exclusivity among belief systems and teachers, but in fact common ground to be found and to be embraced and to be honored. So thank you so very much for this email.
Speaker 2: Yes, well said, and another reminder that there is no such thing as coincidence, that when we follow the synchronicities, we can really see the language of the universe and how our team is trying to talk to us.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Our next one says a couple of weeks ago, I was needing a little love from my spiritual team. In regard to my work, I'm an actor and this career comes with serious highs, lows, and periods of self doubt. I asked for a feather because feathers remind me of my angels, but I stipulated that it had to be a special feather so I wouldn't question it. I live in New York City, so I see pigeon feathers everywhere. I don't mean to suggest that pigeons aren't special. In fact, I don't think pigeons get the love and respect they deserve from most humans, just that it would be easy for me to dismiss seeing a pigeon feather on the ground as not meant for me. I gave a time frame and tried to forget about it, which is always the hardest part for me. I did see many pigeon feathers over the next few days. On the last day of the time frame I had asked for, my partner suggested we put on an episode of my favorite TV show to lift my spirits. He likes this show but was definitely turning it on for me. I've seen this episode before multiple times, but this time I happen to notice that in one scene, a character and his puppet are wearing hats with you guessed it, red feathers in the brim. This hilarious show is one that I often point to as the kind of project I would want to be involved in if I had my druthers. So it was perfect. The show is Arrested Development. If you're curious. Oh, I was curious, and I love that show. My team knows me well, I will keep my hope alive.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: That is such a great example of how you're kind of just needing a little pick me up and you want to know, should I keep on acting? Should I keep on with these auditions? Show me a red feather?
Speaker 1: And sure?
Speaker 2: Could her spiritual team have dropped a red feather in her path from someone walking in front of her coming out of another audition with a red feather? Boa, Yeah, they could have probably made that happen, But no, they had this listener see it on her favorite TV show that she would like to be in, that she would like to embie the work that she wants to put out in the world. It just shows how much our team gets us, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Well, it really does. And you know she didn't ask for a red feather. She just asks for any feather other than a pigeon. But the universe and her guides gave her a bright red feather that she really couldn't miss in a way she couldn't miss it, And I just love that, and I love that. Another important lesson here is that when we let go as this person did, well, we let go of our expectations and our own parameters about a request, lots of cool things can happen, and that we should not discount the fact that the answer shows up on a TV show, which is really pretty cool actually, if you think about it all right. Our next one says, I am relatively new to my spiritual journey, although like many I've had experiences since I was little. The emphasis of meditation on your podcast test has inspired me to do it more regularly since then. I've noticed that in the moments before I fully wake up in the morning, images will appear to what I believe is my third eye. Am still figuring it out. They are usually faces. Most recently, I saw the face of an older woman with dark eyes like black holes, and white hair. She had on a garden hat with netting over her face. In the moment, my half dreamed state told me she was a bee keeper. As I woke up, I heard a bee buzzing in my room. It didn't last very long, but it was long enough for me to notice. I had already been trying to make sense of the morning when something else happened. On my way to work that day, I was striving and had my sun roof open. At a stoplight, a bee came buzzing into my car. It found its place on the window and was fairly calm. I let it stay for a few second, but then realized it would be a bad idea to risk getting stung while driving and let it out by window. I feel like this experience holds significance, but I have no idea what it means. I originally was scared because of the dark eyes of the face, but I think that was just my anxiety. Could it be a spirit guide or someone else? What could the bee keeper and the bee be a symbol of I'd love your thoughts. I am grateful to have a place to ask this question. Oh wow, so Samantha, I could do a whole episode on the answer to this question. I know.
Speaker 2: That's why I put it in your Little inbox because I knew you know a lot about this.
Speaker 1: Well, a lot of stuff that is going through my head. The scientific name for bees generically is melissa, and it comes from a Greek legend. So I would recommend that the listener go dig through the notion of the melissa plural melissa in Greek mythology. I would also invite you to think about what bees do. Without the bees, there is no us. I'm done. That's the end, that is all there is to it. If we don't have bees, we don't have a planet. So they are a huge, hugely important manipulator basically of the planet. We need them desperately. They do all sorts of wonderful things. They teach us also about relationship and family, and about space and parameters and guidelines in our lives. Bees work within certain geographic locations to do their work, and obviously they work very very hard. It takes I don't even know the right numbers. I can't even tear. But it's thousands of bees and time to create a tea spoon of honey. I mean, it's a whole big thing. So take a look at bees in the scientific and just the logical ways in which bees work. They also are deeply loyal to each other, to their queen, to the person that the bee, person that they most respect. There is this wonderful tradition called telling the bees. And if you're not familiar with the story behind that sentence, it's an absolutely beautiful one. It's the notion that when we suffer loss, when someone dies, when the queen of the hive herself dies, everybody needs to have that information, and everybody needs an opportunity to feel whatever they're feeling about the situation. So we tell the bees. And one of the things I'm most recommend you do out of all this stuff I'm rattling off here is I invite you to read. The movie is great, but read the book The Secret Life of Bees by Sue monk Kid. Sue writes about a family of beekeepers and the gifts that this family of women do to take care of their community, their neighborhood, and basically an orphaned little girl, and they are all deeply dedicated to the Black Madonna, and she too has all these connections to the bees. But I hope what I've just done is given you enough to give you a starting point to look at bees from a lot of different perspectives to see what they mean to you. As I was reading this email from you, the minute you said she had netting over her face, I knew before I kept reading, I knew I was seeing a beekeeper, and so I would absolutely agree with you that is who the wise old woman was. She was a beekeeper. But bees do all sorts of interesting things when they're in closed spaces, and I think you can have a relationship with bees. I understand the fear of, oh golly, I've got this bee in my car, Am I going to get stung while I'm trying to drive down the highway and get that my beds. You wouldn't have been the bee came to give you a really important message. So when we get this kind of significant nudge from universal energy, from nature, from our dream state, from our meditation state, it's important to pay attention to that information and to do a lot of research from really reputable sources to see which pieces of that material and information from that symbol brings to us right now in this moment, knowing that the time may come when there will be more and more and more layers to that information to unfold.
Speaker 2: Well, said dev All I can add to that is there is a crystal that our listener might want to check out called Bumblebee Jasper.
Speaker 1: Oh. Absolutely, that's a great thought. Good thought, talk.
Speaker 2: About layers of an onion. I mean, you know, like, is her guide's name Melissa or a bee keeper or both. There's so many fun rabbit holes she can go down with that.
Speaker 1: Yep. So you may be right about that, But I'm thinking in term of the right the Yeah, the meaning of the word melissa from mythology and from the scientific name for bees. Oh thanks, sed all came off the top of my head. I hope it was all right.
Speaker 2: It was more than all right. Okay, our next but it's going to take us in a different direction, it says. The reason for my email is that it was just reminded of a man named Bob Lazar that shared some very interesting information in the eighties regarding extraterrestrial transportation and beings. If you look into his story, it seems he was silenced and possibly even threatened to keep his mouth shut. I believed him then, and I believe him now. I'm currently watching an interview with him by Joe Rogan on YouTube. I stopped to email this to you when he mentioned gravity and how it may be manipulated to make time travel and more possible. I've thought of mister Lazarre off and on throughout my life. I've never wavered in my belief in his experience, the same way I never doubted the Memphis Three were innocent. After seeing the documentary on HBO all those years ago, I just knew I could feel it. What reignited my thoughts on mister Lazar is that there's now a new documentary coming out November twenty one regarding the scene topic. I'm very excited for this step. It's called the Age of Disclosure, and you can render by it, I believe, on Prime Video starting November twenty. First, before I continue with the email, if anyone out there is listening on the treadmiller or driving to work and they're like, what the heck are they talking to? Bob Blazar. Biblezar came to George Knapp's attention in the nineteen eighties. George Napp interviewed him. He talked about his work on a military base where he was working with a crashed UFO and he was supposed to deconstruct this crest ship so that they could figure out how it worked. He actually would tell a lot of people. He told his wife, he told his friends, and he said, oh yeah, like, we're actually test flying our creation. After we figured out how to disassemble and put together the crashed spaceship, they made their own and we test fly it every night at this time, and he took all his friends and his wife out to go watch it. And of course he was caught and fired. And when on George Knapp's show, his TV news show Out of Las Vegas, and George Knapp did his due diligence as a journalist, bible Czar had been wiped from history. He said he went to these schools, no evidence that he went to these schools, Like it was crazy, and so people just did not believe him for decades now. He did say that one of the things they were working on was a new chemical thing that they had learned about from these off planet beings, and he named the component, and no one believed him. And then lo and behold them. We discovered that in I think the early two thousands, and people started going, wait a minute, bible Czar was talking about this in the eighties, Maybe he wasn't actually lying. So that's just a very, very brief overview of his story. Our email listener continues, Please understand that I am a regular, average person. I do not have lofty ideas about aliens, nor have I chased lights in the sky or anything like that. But I have always believed that there is something else besides us out there. I've never been a particularly religious person, and not a big fan of organized religion, but at the same time, I've always had an open mind that there are other worldly things that we do not know about or understand. I've always joked that I hope we are not the most intelligent beings in the universe. If so, that's a very sad sentiment and even rather disheartening. Humans have a lot of room for improvement. I've always been open to the idea of ghost, angels and other things that may be out there. I think it's hard to rule anything out if you don't know it. For a fact, I understand faith and respect it. I feel like all of this stuff is interrelated. Trying hard to be the light. Some days are easier than others. Well, thank you for that email. I really really appreciate all of that. I will check out his interview on Joe Rogan's show, because I don't remember him talking about time travel, so that's gonna be fun for me to research. And I am really excited about that documentary that's coming out again. It's called The Age of Disclosure.
Speaker 1: Wow, this will be fascinating. I'm sure we will be doing some kind of a show about that coming up eventually.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope so.
Speaker 1: And let me just come out on this person's last sentence, trying hard to be the light. Some days are easier than others. Amen. That is so true, and that's called being human. And it's okay that some days are harder than others as long as we keep trying. I just need to say.
Speaker 2: That, exactly. And it's like anything with light or a candle metaphor, some days your candle's not gonna shine so bright, and that's okay. That's when you reach out and connect with others so that we can all help light each other up.
Speaker 1: And there are times you just lose the damn matches, you know, Yeah, exactly, I know, but you keep trying and you find some more, so you're okay, So thank you for that. Okay. Our next one says a few years ago I was having trouble sleeping, so I went into the guest room so as not to disturb my husband. I fell asleep, but woke up in the middle of the night seeing a woman standing or floating in the corner of the room. Without thinking, I said my cousin's name. What was weird is I couldn't see the woman's face, it was black or non visible, but I could see her clothes. They were distinctly eighties, a color blocked sweater vest and pegged khaki pants. Still, I knew, somehow, even though I said my cousin's name, that this was my aunt, who passed before I was born. When she was alive, she looked a lot like my cousin. Then about a month ago, something similar happened. I woke up from a dream to see an overweight man standing by my bed. I couldn't see his face, but assumed in my half of sleep state that it was my husband. When I fully woke up, I realized it couldn't have been my husband, who is very lean, and realized it must have been my uncle, saying hi, he's the only person whose body fits the description and passed about a year ago. Now and again because I wasn't alarmed by the visit and recognized the person somehow. I guess my question is, why can't I see their faces even though I instinctually recognized who is coming to say hi? It's a great question. Here's what I would say about that. If you can accept the premise that everything is energy, and that acts of any sort take energy. Lifting the coffee cup sitting next to me takes energy. So everything takes energy, and we don't always think about how much unless we're I don't know, you're about to run a marathon, then you know you need some extra energy. But we don't give that the physicality or the science of that a whole lot of thought. But think about the notion that energy transcends the earth plane, and that it exists beyond in ways that we cannot even imagine. And of course there are many theorists who believe, and I am one of these people who believe that when we are across the veil, in those other planes other than the earthplane, we are pure energy. So think about how much energy it must take to put on the mantle of physicality and come back across the veil to present ourselves to someone we love which has happened to you in both of theseus And probably the seeing the face and you're not seeing the face is one possibility that is running through my head is you know, that's not really important anymore to them from the other side. They don't think about the need to look like they look when you knew them. So that's one possibility. They're giving you enough information with the clothing and the connections for you to figure out who they are and the face doesn't much matter. And another thing is that you may need to see them without a face, so that your guides help you to begin to trust what you're getting when these things happen, other than what you need to physically see.
Speaker 2: That's what I was thinking, too, is just focusing on the intuitive feeling you get of who that is that's rather than the physicality of it. Yes, I remember when I would get up early in the morning and pack lunches in the kitchen. I could tell which of my daughters was a week by how they walked great. You know, if you know someone really well, you just know without having to see them. And I think they're trying to get this listener to trust that instinctual, intuitive feeling I agree. Yeah, all right, let's take a really quick break and we'll be waight back to dive into more of these great questions.
Speaker 1: Hey, y'all, I'm so excited to offer so many opportunities for us to connect. Here's a shortlist of what I've got coming up. Registration is open now for the Crafting the Wheel of the Year at Yule Workshop. I'll discuss history and tradition and Claia teaches you new craft ideas. Registration is also open now for my Unlocking the Mysteries of Terau three session course in January. There's an afternoon and an evening set available. Don't miss my annual holiday sale for my Animal Guides reports and my Numerology Reports. The sale begins November twenty fourth, for a limited time only. My new book, Crafting the Wheel of the Year will be available on my website for the holidays. If you order directly from me, a mule cross stitch pattern and a bell the reindeer crochet pattern will be emailed to you when your orderships, and there's more coming so you can see all of this on my website at Deboen dot com and in my newsletter. The subscribe button is at the bottom of my website homepage. I so hope you'll join me for some of these great events. Happy holidays everyone.
Speaker 2: Welcome back. Okay. Our next question says my mom and I had traveled with some of my friends to stay with my during my spring break. I was excited for the visit. One night, my mom and aunt went out for the evening and left us kids at the house. I fell asleep breathing. Suddenly I awoke. I had fallen asleep with the light on, and the light going off had startled me awake. I sat up and shouted to my friend in the room next door, and she came in. I asked if she'd turned my light off, and she said yes, because I was asleep. She left the room and I laid back down. But a few minutes later, I felt the air in the room shift, like an electric feeling. My body was on edge, as if in slow motion. I turned and looked toward the bedroom door. To my disbelief, the bedroom door had moved from the wall and there was someone behind the door made of shadow. It looked like a girl my age, but I couldn't see the details. She blended in with the shadow of the dresser on the wall beside the door. Very quickly, she raised her arms up to the door, and the door swung forward and closed almost completely. I panicked, throwing the covers over my head and thinking, please, God, make them go away. When I felt brave enough to look again, she was gone, but the door was still shut. I screamed out for my friend next door again, and when she pushed the door open and walked in, I asked if she shut the door. She said no, and that she was trying to get ready for bed herself, clearly irritated with my outburst. In a rush, I told her what I had seen, and she bolted from the room, saying I was freaking her out. Looking back, I don't know how I fell asleep in there after that. I never once doubted that it happened, because if I had imagined her, how did the door move and nearly close? Well, I don't think you did imagine her. I think you are either seeing a ghost or a shadow being, which often does happen when we're in that twilight in between worlds of sleep and awake. And I think you did actually see that, don't you agree?
Speaker 1: I do? And you know shadow people, that's what they hang outs in doorways and in the house I used to live in, and at a very stressful time in my life, I have shadow people show up. And there they were, out of the corner of my eye, in the corner of the doorframes, in the doorways. And I may have been you who taught me this, Samantha, that if you say to them you gotta go, they gotta go. So I would say to the shadow people, you are not welcome here, you must leave, and they would go away and be gone for some time, and then eventually later they somebody would come back, but they would leave because I had said they had to. So I agreed that she either potentially saw a ghost or she saw some kind of energy that may have been in some way connected, perhaps even to the house and not to her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I was thinking, is connected more towards the house. Yeah, Oh, I think we can validate that you definitely saw what she saw.
Speaker 1: We no doubt you. Nope. Okay, here's the next one. Oh, dear, Okay, I'm going to try not to cry with this one. I have to tell you all about my Iggy Ziggy Stardust cat deb It made me think of you and your beloved Merlin Iggy had been my baby since I got her right out of college. She even endured a stroke when they spayed her because she was not given enough oxygen during surgery. At the time, she was in a vegetative state. But with my parents' help, we rehabilitated her, taught her to walk, eat, and use a litter box again. She swept on my pillow by my head every night until I moved in with my husband. Needless to say, when he took her spot in the bed, he wasn't ever her favorite person. I bet not. She made six moves with me, loved our daughters and even a rambunctious golden retriever when he entered our lives three years ago. She ruled our home and she was amazing. She captured the hearts of every one who met her, even if they didn't like cats. She was the sweetest and always will be my first baby. Now on to recent events. My husband and I have been on a roller coaster of moving from one city to another over the last two years. Projects get pushed and it has been incredibly stressful living in Limbo. Recently, a project came to fruition and we were told to go find a new home. The market for what we needed has been very tough. Our move date is during the first week of December, and we were getting anxious about finding the home we needed for our family. Two weeks before, we were supposed to go to the new city to look at houses with only a few mediocre options set to view. While we were there, a home came up on the market that looked perfect and checked out every box we needed. Upon a second look at the listing, we realized they would not allow cats in the home we are renting for the time being, and we had my dear sweet seventeen year old Iggy. The next Monday, I came downstairs and Iggy was lying in front of her food and water bowl, unable to get up. She has arthritis and we had just started her on a new medication, so I thought she was having a bad reaction to that. I kept her by my side all day hoping she would improve. That afternoon, I called the vet as she was not improving. She had been eating, drinking, and using the bathroom with my help, so I figured the arthritis was going to be the issue. I took her in and it wasn't the arthritis. I was devastated as the VET shared with me how irreversibly ill she was and how well she had hidden it from me. I hadn't planned on not coming home with her. She was suffering, and I was advised not to let her go another day in this manner. Knowing the suffering she had at the beginning of her life with her stroke, I promised her I'd never let her know that suffering again. That day I kept my word, and she went to sleep forever in my arms. Oh, I hate reading this, you're doing gry. The next day I told my husband to call the management property of the group listing the home that did not allow cats and see about scheduling of viewing for the upcoming weekend if it was still available. The home was going to be very hard for us to get for a variety of reasons, but it was exactly what we needed, so we had to try something. In my mind told me Iggy was looking out for us, because, against all odds and there were a lot, we got the house. A week after that, I received a very beautiful card from the VET with all the employees having written a very kind word about Iggy. I sat on our back deck and sobbed and I said aloud, I need a sign. I need a butterfly to know Iggy is okay. As I looked up, a butterfly flew across the yard. I know she was with me and this was all her doing. First of all, I am so very very sorry about Iggy's death. Believe me, Samantha and I both know how hard it is to lose a four legged family member with whom you are deeply, deeply connected. We get that, and we're sorry for you for this. I also believe that animals give us gifts in ways that we would never expect. You talk about being selfless. I believe that this was Iggy's gift to you of saying to you, I'll get out of the way so you guys can get on with things. I'm old and it's time for me to go. And I think that's exactly what Eggy did for you. And I know that's hard, and I know that's not what you would have wanted Iggy to do, but I believe that that is absolutely true, and I think that's a wonderful gift that you got. I also remind you that the seventeen or plus years that you lived with Iggy are beyond a blessing. My Merlin was eighteen and a half when I lost him, and as I am recording this podcast episode with you this morning, I have a portrait of him hanging on the wall next to me. So I understand the gift of that time. Don't discount the wonders of that time, Iggy's ability to have survived that stroke. You've had many blessings.
Speaker 2: And the gift that she gave to Iggy by taking care of her all those years.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and so now, as hard as this is, now it's time to say, Okay, we don't ever for get, we don't ever stop grieving. We don't, but we also say there are pieces of our lives that must be moved on into and now you may not be ready for that yet. So in your new home you might want to create just a little space on a table somewhere that has like the card from the vat or perhaps Iggy's collar, just a little cluster of stuff photographs that say this is our memorial for Iggy at this point in time, and you may change it, take it down at some point, but it might be comforting to you right now.
Speaker 2: I love that suggestion okay. Our next one says, I've been listening to your podcast for several months now in an attempt to help understand some of the things that I have experienced. Thank you for all your insight. Let me start by saying that I have been a Christian since I was about twelve years old, so Samantha's balance of Catholic beliefs in the spiritual world are a comfort to me. Most of my family and friends believe that I'm playing with fire, but I can't help but feel that God is bigger and more loving than that. After my grandmother died a few years ago, I began to feel like she was sending me signs. I had never thought about, much less believed in signs before this. The first sign I received took my breath away. I was the executor of her will and had come in from out of town to take care of everything. I borrowed my mom's car to clear out the house. Finally, alone, I broke into tears and without thinking, spoke aloud to my nana, where are you? As a Christian? I knew where she should be, but I could not wrap my head around the fact that I had hung up the phone with an I love you, and suddenly and unexpectedly, she was gone the same evening. As soon as I asked the question, a song I had never heard came on called look Up Child by Lauren Dagill. It literally said, where are you now? When my world is crumbling down? Look Up Child, as if to say, I am with God, I am okay. These kinds of signs continued for years, paired with very realistic dreams of my grandmother, and then they drastically decreased. Years later, I told my mom I believe Nana had crossed over, and that the last sign I had was a dream where we were in a COVID type lockdown and we had formed a sort of isolation pod. My nan walked up and hugged me. I was so happy she'd be staying with us, But then she smiled and walked away from me with another older woman, and I assumed it was her sister. I told my mom maybe the dream was her coming to tell me she was crossing over or wouldn't be visiting as often, because these things dropped off. After that, my mom pointed out that her sister is alive, so it didn't make sense. I said, well, maybe it was her mom. My mom started to argue that point when my then two year old sat up from her coloring and suddenly said, Nanny Pooh. Nanny Pooh was my other grandmother. My grandmothers were in a way like sisters because they had known each other as children, gone through life in the same circles, Their children had married, and they shared grandchildren. When all her friends abandoned Nanny Pooh after her strokes, it was Nana who came to visit and brought dinner. We don't often talk about Nanny Pooh with the kids, but I speak of my Nana very often. I was shocked that my child had said this name. I asked her again what she had said, and she repeated it. I got chills. It made so much sense that if Nana crossed, my other graymother would accompany her. After telling me goodbye, My intuition has really begun to open up again, often with more dream visits than even a dream in which I learned my husband's family member would soon pass completely unexpectedly. A week later, his uncle did pass. I have seen a medium, bought some tourou cards and acquired some crystals. The other night, I got the feeling someone had come into my room with three small kids. This happens often, but I suppose this felt slightly different. I sat straight up at the same time, saying hello. Before I had finished the words, I saw a man in a gray blue scalish color, about six feet tall, slender and young. I did not recognize him. He was looking into the mirror across my room. Upon hearing my voice, he immediately turned to me, looked utterly, startled, and turned to run, but after only a few feet of movement, he vanished into thin air before my eyes. My heart was pounding because waking to an unknown, ghostly man in my room no thank you, But oddly I did not feel threatened. I've had many waking dreams throughout my life, though this was the first, so I choked it up to a dream and went back to sleep. It wasn't till the next day that I wondered, what if it was more than a dream? But if that wasn't a dream, what terrifies me is that would mean some of my past waking dreams were not in fact waking dreams, and some of those were threatening. To avoid another long story, during a period of my life, I woke to see shadow people often, and not the kind justin the periphery. I saw them head on, and they moved toward me or hovered over me. They were menacing. It was not merely dreaming, because I would get up and run once, ending up outside my apartment before it disappeared. I always put them down as a manifestation of my anxiety, my mind asleep while my body was awake. But now I wonder I have told my guides and angels, no thank you to any of these nightly visitors, unless it's a loved one or angel. I guess my fears that traditional Christian belief holds that any visits from the dead are not our loved ones but demons in disguise. So I share my story in case you want to share, but also to hear what you make of it, and specifically, how do I reconcile all of this with my Christian beliefs and the ideas in the Bible that mediumship and divination tools are evil. Wow. Great, there's a lot there deb right right.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: First, I would say that I love her stories of her grandmother reaching out to her through dreams, through signs, through song. I appreciate the fact that her daughter also wrecked, recognized who the other woman was, and the last dream of visitation. All of that is so significant for our loved ones in heaven to be able to communicate with us in those ways so that they can let us know they're okay. And typically those types of signs and dream experiences do dissipate the longer they are on the other side, and I think that's because they're allowed to come to us in that way really just to help us with our grief. And once they know that we're okay with the grief, like you said before, deb it never goes away. We just learn to carry it better. And once our loved ones have figured out that we're carrying the grief and we're going to be okay, I don't feel that they're allowed to keep coming back and giving us signs like that because it might inhibit the progress of our grief. So to me, that's often why you'll have a bunch of signs or dream visitations from loved ones and their early years after they pass, and then it'll taper off. Now onto her nightly visitor, I think it's fascinating that she saw him in her room and he was just as startled by her as she was by him. I had that experience once in my life when I was in middle school, and I never forgot it. So I understand that sometimes that can be a visitor. Sometimes I wonder if it's just different time dimensions bumping into each other. I mean, we don't know our view and understanding of quantum physics is just being scratched. We're still learning so much about how time and dimension and travel between those times works. But it could be that the shadow people part of her story. I think that's twofold. I think, yes, a lot of shadow people that we see are manifestations of our anxiety, but it sounds like what she experienced was a lot more intense. And I remember in the early years of the show, dev I used to always say to people, when you start to wake up to your intuition, the negative side will try to scare you back into the normal day to day of life so that you don't keep exploring the true gifts and miracles that await inside your heart with your intuition. And so I think what was happening here is clearly this listener is a gifted medium and intuitive, and I think when she was seeing those shadow people. It was at a time when they were trying to use her faith and belief system to scare her back almost into submission, you know, like just sit down in your house and get up and go to work and come home and take care of the kids, and don't look for any deeper meaning that's going to give your life shape and purpose and deeper depth. So I think that's what that is. In terms of reconciling this with Christian beliefs. I mean, I could do I don't know five shows on this because it's so nuanced and involved, but I do think it's important. If we're going to cherry pick certain things from the Bible, then we have to cherry pick all things from the Bible, right, which means we'd have to go back to stoning adulterers, we'd have to go back to slavery, we would have to go back to not crossing wool fibers on our clothes. We'd have to go back to making men have a beard. I mean, if you look at the rules as they are outlined in the Bible, there's a lot more rules about our day to day living, our crime and punishment than just mediumship and divination. Tools are evil, So what are you going to cherry pick? And who gets to say? Do you agree with that deb You know.
Speaker 1: I have to tell you, Samantha. You know, I don't own a televisions, so I never watched The West Wing when it was on television, but I've become kind of addicted to episodes of it on YouTube, and I love the one where the President has a conversation with someone who has come to the White House where he starts rattling off the verses that you've just mentioned, and he does it in a very sarcastic way. You know, my mother is planting two different crops next to each other in her backyard. Should eye stoner to death? Or can I call the police to do that? And that's exactly what I really invite folks to do, is to figure out and this listener in particular with this situation is yes there are and in fact, the Bible, from the Protestant Bible and the Catholic Bible have some differences on some of this, right, So the different ways the Bible does this, I would ask that And this has worked for me, I think, is that I have my relationship to the divine in a loving and wonderful way, and rather than saying, oh, this verse says this, But this verse says that, I don't go there with that cherry picking as you're describing.
Speaker 2: No, it doesn't. It doesn't make sense, does it.
Speaker 1: No, it does. One of the things you're not supposed to eat shellfish. Now can you imagine Dad with that shellfish?
Speaker 2: No? No, I can't either. And there's so many rules in there, it's almost a mind boggling if you see them list it all out. And why do we just pick the one or two to trash on people, you know, and on ourselves and on ourselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so don't do that to yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you enjoy reading the Bible, I think you have to take it as a whole, and as in some of the stories as allegory. And you know, as a historian, we always have to read whatever primary source we're looking at. We have to read it through our twenty first century goggles. But then we have to take those glasses off and look at it in terms of the time in which it was written. And so that's what I mean by it being very very nuanced.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And I don't remember Leviticus, Stereonomy, Exodus. It says you can't eat beef and drink milk at the same time. That's not okay, Well, then that's still true in some sects of Judaism. But the reason for that that it was done back then was that there was a dietary danger to doing that with the food and the milk, So there was some common sense reason to it four thousand years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. And how many accounts in the Bible are there of divination and dream interpretation. I mean, where would we be without Joseph or David exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And there's even in the Book of Exodus. There's a section in there where Moses says to his brother Aaron to cast lots.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you remember that Aaron ward in a breastplate and he had these stones. I think Moses said to Aaron, so that they'll always be over your heart and that you will bear the means of making decisions for the Israelites with these stones casting of stones. So there's so many examples of people using divination tools.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are in the Bible.
Speaker 2: So I hope that answers your question a little.
Speaker 1: Bit, probably more than she wanted.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Well, let's move on. Let's take our last quick break and we'll be right back. Welcome back, deb Do you want to share our next one with us?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? This person writes, my grandfather was like a father to be. I lived with he and my nan for four years after I was born. They loved my sons and my husband. Shortly after my pop died, I had a dream where there was a large crowd of family members in their living room. Pop was there, wearing the suit he was buried in with his Royal Navy medals. I'm so happy to see him, but no one else knew he was there. He told me to tell everyone not to worry that he was okay. About a week later, I went to pick up my grandmother to take her for groceries. As I was walking under the car port, I heard a voice. It said, Nissi, Nissi. This was his nickname for me. I stopped dead in my tracks and looked around. There was no one in sight. I walked to his little hobby shed where he liked to picket things. I couldn't see anyone, but I felt his presence. I like to think he was visiting me. My nan has since passed, and they both come to my dreams. It brings me peace. What a gift that your grandparents have given you. That is just lovely. Don't discount the voice coming to you calling your name. And as Samantha said earlier, that may not last forever, because I know we have perspectives on that, Samantha, but they get busy over there. They have jobs to do, they're busy, They're just not sitting around playing harps. So I think it's lovely that your grandparents came to say that your grandfather came to say hello, and that you were able to realize that that was him.
Speaker 2: Well, and it's another reminder that they're missing us as much as we're missing them, and they want to reach out to us as much as we want to reach out to them. And so another to piggyback on your comment of don't discount it, think about it. She's going to her grandmother's house to take her grocery shopping and she hears her grandfather's voice saying, Nissi, NISSI. I think that was him reaching out to her to say thank you, thank you so much for looking after my love. And absolutely I think that's beautiful.
Speaker 1: I do too.
Speaker 2: Okay, our next one says, I have a question regarding ladybugs. My fiance and I liked wilderness hike, where we go into the woods with just our backpacks for three to five days at a time. We hadn't hiked for over two years and decided to do it this past weekend. Three days before the hike, I had a ladybug either land on me or my car each day. One of those days, the ladybug wouldn't leave the car, even with the open windows, no matter what I did. One time, as I was driving, I looked at it and said, I see you. You're my sign, and it immediately fluttered away. After we completed the hike, which was the hardest but also the most rewarding thing we've done in our lives. As we came back to our car, it was covered with hundreds of ladybugs. I've never seen anything like it. They were everywhere, windshields, inside of trims. We brought a lot back with us to our town, which is two hours away. The ladybugs got inside the car and would not leave the day after the hike, I cried tears of deep joy and gratitude all day inside my car. That hike touched something inside me on a soul level. During a stoplight, I thought to myself, maybe my soul belongs in the woods, after which about ten ladybugs took flight at the same time from somewhere under the car. I took that as another sign. It's now the second day after our hike, and there are no ladybugs to be seen anywhere. They are gone. What could all of this mean? Well, first of all, ladybugs mean a lot of different things. In general, they mean luck that something good and positive is heading your way. But I always associate ladybugs with Mother Mary because the whole story of why they're called ladybugs is a town I believe it was in Italy. Their crops were infested with a parasite that was ruining their crops, and they were looking at a winter of starvation, and so the whole town came together and prayed to Mother Mary for help. And as the story goes, the next day their crops were covered with hundreds of these red and black bugs that ate the parasites and then saved the crops and saved the town from hunger that winter. And so after that they started calling these bugs ladybugs because their lady Mother Mary had answered their prayer by sending the ladybugs. I also think it's interesting that when she would say to the ladybug, like, oh, I see you, you're my sign, the ladybug would fly away. And then when she got the message in her soul that she belongs in the woods, that that's where her happy place is, ten ladybugs flew away. And then when she got home and was fully digesting all of the lessons she learned on this treacherous and beautiful and wonderful and hard hike, the ladybugs went away. I think sometimes when we get a sign, it will kind of stay around us or keep coming again and again until we get the message that that sign is trying to bring us. And it looks like you received the sign, which is a great.
Speaker 1: Thing, Absolutely it does. I don't think I really have anything to add to that, Samantha, other than a suggestion to other listeners to pay attention to consistency and repetition in signs rather than just you know, I saw a blue jayfly by, Well, did you see a blue jay fly by doing something weird? Did you see ten blue jays? You know? So the same is true with this so great a great story. Thank you for sharing that yeah, I do too. Okay, When I was around seven, I was in a church rehearsing a play for a summer camp. The church has two hallways to span either sides of the pews, and the hallways are lined with thin wooden slats instead of walls. I was waiting alone in a hallway for my queue to go on stage, which is where the altar was. Everyone else in the church was either on stage or sitting in the pews at that moment. As I stood there, I looked across the church towards the other hallway. Through the slats, I saw a tall, cloaked figure. It was completely black, with a white oval where a face should be and no facial features, but I could feel it staring intently at me. I was horrified and frozen in place as I watched it slowly turned in the direction of the altar, and then got on its knee and bowed three times. I have no idea what happened next, but I do know that I refused to re enter the church after the incident. The summer camp even had to arrange for the priest to give me a tour of the church to assure me that no ghost resided there, it didn't do much to alleviate my fears. I forgot about the incident until I was an adult. When I revisited this church. Those hallways have a very unsettling energy that still bothers me. I recently told the story to some one and they were convinced that the figure was a d word, as deb says, and the three bowls towards the altar were meant as mockery. I do know that I felt absolutely no loving energy from the figure, and it filled me with intense dread. I still worry sometimes that I may see it again. Have you ever heard of a figure like this with no face? Is it possible that something unholy or so negative could reside in a holy place? Do you recommend any cleansing or psychic protection. I'd love to hear your thoughts, as I have been intrigued about this for so long. Were hearing on with another no face thing, Samantha.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's interesting, it really.
Speaker 1: Is, And again I think it's because we don't always necessarily need a face. I have been in Azilian churches in my life, and some of them did not feel like home to me. Some of them were not comfortable, but I don't know that I've ever been in a church as she's describing, and particularly as a seven year old child, where I felt evil. I cannot imagine that there would be a D word, as she says, in this space. But I do think that often when we are stressed, and if I'm remembering this correctly, you were rehearsing for a play, so you were getting ready to go on stage here in a little bit. So our minds to really peculiar things to us to help us get through stressful situations. I'm not denying that you didn't see the figure, but I'm wondering if the figure that your anxiety took that form. I guess it's the best way for me to know how to say it is your anxiety took that form through the mystery of looking through those slats, and that's what frightened you. I don't have any vision or sense that this was in any way some kind of D word who was mocking anything and bowing on the altar. I just didn't feel right to me. And that's the best I can do with my intuition to tell you that.
Speaker 2: Isn't the symbol of theater to white masks.
Speaker 1: A black mask and a white mask.
Speaker 2: A black mask and a white mask. I wonder if it was almost like a hope for being saying you're going to do fine in this play.
Speaker 1: That's a very good possibility. I mean, that might have been the case, and certainly a seven year old child might not have recognized that symbology.
Speaker 2: Right, and I would have been terrified too.
Speaker 1: Well, I agree. I'm not saying I wouldn't have been scared about whatever I was seeing there. But of course, having done a Zilian plays in my life, I'm always a lot more worried about learning my lines and saying them right than I am anything going on backstage. And I have worked in a haunted theater for years, but I never felt threatened in any way in the theater, or certainly never in any church. I don't know that. But the church needs any cleansing for this reason. I don't know that you do either now, all these years later, because the way you describe it, it sounds like it was a one time event when you were a child, and those events are important. They color how we go through the rest of our lives thinking about the metaphysical world. I would suggest to you, and you're not let it have that power.
Speaker 2: Well said, And you know, this reminds me of I've talked about. One of my favorite TV shows is called Evil. Can check it out on Netflix or Paramount.
Speaker 1: I won't do that, but go on.
Speaker 2: It's oh good dab. But anyway, there's a scene from one of the last episodes and one of the cathedrals has to be sold, and so the priest has to go in and de sanctify it. And one of the characters is a nun who can see the d words stuff. Right, She's one of the only people on the show who can see it, because it prefers to remain invisible and behind the scenes and doing its dastardly work unknowingly. But she can see them. And as she's walking behind the priest as he's desanctifying this church so that it can be sold and destroyed and rebuilt and high rise apartments and whatnot, she sees all these dark shadow things come flying and whooping into the church because the priest has taken away the blessing. And it's such a powerful visualization of what we can do when we do choose to pray for a blessing for protection, for the shield of light, and so if anything, I would suggest to this reader that you can just visualize that church if you still feel that there's something evil in there, and just ask that it be protected and blessed and and shielded in light. But also do that with your own self and with this memory, so that, as Dev said, it doesn't have that hold of fear over you.
Speaker 1: Right, don't give it that power. You hold on to your own power.
Speaker 2: That's right, Amn, deb Can I get an amen?
Speaker 1: Amen? Less Aid?
Speaker 2: Well, thank you guys so much for sending in these fascinating stories and wonderful, wonderful questions. Remember if you want to send in your own question, email us at Psychic Teachers at gmail dot com. Don't forget to check out our Facebook page. Just search Psychic Teachers and you can join and follow along there. And if you enjoy this episode, please share it with a friend or leave us a comment or review on Apple or Spotify. It really does help us. We hope you have a beautiful, happy, wonderful week filled with your own magic and miracles. Remember, as always, to be the light for yourself and others.
Speaker 1: Take care everyone.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to Psychic Teachers, your podcast for seekers, light workers, mystics and magical thinkers. If you like the show, please tell a friend or leave us a review wherever you listen to your podcast. For more information, check out our Facebook page Psychic Teachers, or our websites Samantha Fay dot com and Debbowen dot com. Thanks for listening and have a great week.