Speaker 1: It's the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. Thanks for hanging out with us today. Now coming up at the bottom of the hour, we're gonna get into some one hit wonder stuff. This is always a lot of fun. Becomes interactive, you can use your musical brain. I think you're gonna dig it. But right now it's time for this, and now it's time for Bena. Since week Day Up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt fun tweets, here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 2: Eight year old girl in Frisco was attacked by a coyote Monday afternoon, right around four pm during our show.
Speaker 1: Oh no, was she listening to our show think on the iHeartRadio app, which is free by the way, streaming bro set your presets and all that stuff. We gave away Jerry Cantrell tickets earlier in the show using that very same app you just reference.
Speaker 2: So she has suffered non life threatening injury. So there's the good news. Yeah, that's great. So this was a Frisco resident, a mom probably, Yeah, I was a mom and her daughter were walking and the area of I usually don't like to give street directions because usually people don't care about the locally. This matters in the area of Lacey Lane and Tall Timbers Trail.
Speaker 1: I don't know what they're in Frisco. Lacy Lane that sounded like a porn star. Does sound like a porn Lacy Lane sounds like a porn star from the seventies?
Speaker 2: You get it?
Speaker 1: What about in Caddy Shag? What's your name? Lacy underpants or dumb character's name?
Speaker 2: The girls suffered scratches and a bite before the mother was able to chase the coyote away.
Speaker 1: Now, how do you respond to this?
Speaker 2: Well, Wednesday, they removed three coyotes from the neighborhood and sent the animals for testing. Handcuff them, yep, handcuffed them. Actually deported them to Columbia.
Speaker 1: Oh no, oh, yeah, that's what we're doing. Did you send them to the worst prison in the world, no matter what their origin of birth was? You look brown, I'll send you here.
Speaker 2: We get the coyote story quite a bit these days, but I just think this is a good time, especially while Ben is here and can't defend himself to say they actually are dangerous if you have kids or small pets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do we have deets like this sweet girl and I don't really know if she's sweet or not. Was she trying to feed the coyote?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so. I think they were just walking and it came up, and okay, that's caused a scene.
Speaker 1: Why would it do that? That's bad? And that leads you to think that it has the rabe absolutely, because they start acting erratic and bitter.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing about rabies, rabies. If you don't like, identify it quickly, get done. Yeah, and not enough people pay attention to rabies. You've heard me go over the stats before.
Speaker 1: I want to hear them. Let me hear them.
Speaker 2: I think one thousand people die of rabies every three thousand years, something like that.
Speaker 1: The more you know, the more you know. It's a good cause.
Speaker 2: There's a great episode of Scrubs where they have gone through every diagnosis possible on this lady. They cannot figure out what it is, and it was rabies, and doctor Cox starts drinking heavily and almost loses his certificate to be a doctor because he how did I miss it rabies?
Speaker 1: Because no one has rabies. You could never know. Only Old Yeller has rabies and maybe this eight year old girl.
Speaker 2: I hope not.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie. Is that why they had to shoot Old Yeller? I forgot the plot? Yes, I hadn't read it since Yeller the best dad gum dog in the West. He starts foaming at the mouth.
Speaker 2: Oh Jesus, gonna go do it, son, It's so traumatizing.
Speaker 1: We were way too young to watch that. Why they were showing it in the classroom? We were way too young to see that.
Speaker 2: Why is our childhood littered with that Bambi, sad ef and show?
Speaker 1: Because they're trying to prepare us for the inevitability that life is brutal. Hey, did have you have either one of you guys ever seen Stripes?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Nope, I really think y'all would enjoy Stripes just because it's Bill Murray Tour to Force. And there's a really classic scene where he's got a bunch of he's got his troops. He's trying to get him ready for graduation, and so he's trying to get him to pull together and he's doing the whole Raise your hand if you cried during Old Yeller and know everyone's kind of looking around. He come on, nobody cried during Old Yeller, and then they cut to John Candy's like I did I cried? You love John Candy for crying no, no, no, everyone. It brings everyone to because everyone realizes we're all bonded because we all cried during Old Yellow. It's dude, it's great. It's just vintage Bill Murray. He's like in his thirties, he's in his prime. It's funny as hell. God, let's watch Stripes right now.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll try to update you tomorrow. Let you know if this girl has tested uh, you know, well, we hopefully negative.
Speaker 1: We would assume obviously. We hope she's doing well. We hope there's no rabies, and when she feels better, we'd love to have her on the show and give her a lollipop.
Speaker 2: She was walking ahead of her mother, We know.
Speaker 1: That, Okay. Always tell my kids walk evenly with me in case there's coyotes. And now that they're nineteen and seventeen, they're not as scared as they were when they were younger.
Speaker 2: Faijion Zaki my guy, twelve year old from Alan. He might be thirteen, actually Lait he's from Alan and there's been two reports on this Faijian zach Izaki is got.
Speaker 1: A big night ahead of it. Oh is that right?
Speaker 2: Is he has made it to the finals of what the scripts National Spelling's F and Go?
Speaker 1: Is that on the tube tonight? I think it is actually seven? Yeah, though you know, well you can have two TVs. Oh wow, you must be rich.
Speaker 2: I've not got a little portable one man. Okay, you guys don't have the little portable TV going on.
Speaker 1: A you're talking about your phone, Well.
Speaker 2: The phone serves as that too, when I need three The phone does serve as that. Yeah, but I've got a little one that you just kind of plug in and it quickly connects to the internet.
Speaker 1: And yeah, scoop it to do. It's a good it's a good thing to have. It's fantast How big is a screen? Start seeing that it's small. It's about the size of this monitor here. Okay, so it's a computer. Uh no, it's a little bigger than that. Yep.
Speaker 2: I spent a lot of time on his third TV I know. Right. So he is a repeat competitor, so he's been there, he's seen the lights. Okay, okay, yeah, he lost in a lightning round tiebreaker. So he is one of the few spellers to achieve a perfect score on the written test, and he's done well enough this tournament to advance, and then tonight at seven, it's going down and he is our North Texas. He's basically the weight of the weight of the region is on our fellow here, Fajan Zaki.
Speaker 1: You know what I would like to add to the lightning round? What actual lightning? Think about what that could do to a spelling bee. Well, they're children, so you know, twelve's maybe an adult spelling bee. Then they can get hit by lightning. Who cares? Oh no, I don't want to hit him with lightning. I just they never know what it's going to strike, and it kind of puts them on edge. Okay, the thunder round, Okay, that's just noise.
Speaker 2: That's just noise. I do think if this kid wins, we should honor him with the key to the city.
Speaker 1: I like it, but it was probably my neighbor. My neighbor that' so I was wondering, do you know this?
Speaker 2: I mean, I know he's if he's twelve or thirteen, though DEAs is what seventeen now or No.
Speaker 1: I hang out with a lot of twelve and thirteen year old kids now and it's down at the local wreck. Oh you don't. We do have a rec center now, it's pretty exciting.
Speaker 2: I work out at the rec center Richard Center yesterday after getting done with my morning workout, and it's like, you know, late six am early seven am hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm early.
Speaker 2: I get up early now and then I go to sleep.
Speaker 1: Dude, I love hearing your workout stories. Point is no, no, here's the thing.
Speaker 2: You know it's summer because as I'm leaving, this lady with her kid goes, do you know where the sign up is for the camp? I was like, I don't work here. I just got done. I understand. Now.
Speaker 1: Does he not give off a camp counselor vibe?
Speaker 2: You can definitely see what about me.
Speaker 1: You're a camp You're a camp count. You can't escape it. Reach out to Kevin Keaven dot turner at iHeartMedia dot com and let him know if he could be a volunteer for your camp. It's submitting skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle coming up next. Let's have some fun with music and the biggest one hit Wonders of Altback