Speaker 1: It's nice size.
Speaker 2: Dan rays Undone, Boston, some news radio.
Speaker 1: All right, we have surprisingly entered now our third hour talking about the possible comeback of COVID, And for those of you who are just joining us from around the country and from around New England, we expected to do an hour on this topic. We have done much more than an hour, as you can tell. The reason that I was interested in this was I noticed that the federal government has now decided to send out free COVID kits. They're not available now but by later this month, and today is obviously the twenty third of September, so within a week you'll be able to sign up, and just as it has in the past, sent out COVID test Now I don't know that that was done a year ago. Maybe someone remembers it or not, but it struck me a little odd. And I've seen an uptick in the number of new cases and the number of new deaths here in Massachusetts. And I read some materials that said that COVID was coming back. Now maybe it comes back just because it's late summer, early fall. I don't know. Bottom line is, I'm asking people, and we've had a lot of different points of view tonight, which is what I think makes this show the most interesting. We could talk politics every night, but I try to find different topics. So we had intended to talk a little bit today about some of the information that was disclosed at the federal hearing today of the second Trump Assassin. We may get to that later, but in the meantime, if you folks, as I say, you folks, want to talk about it, let's keep rolling. I'm going next to my good friend Betty on the boat. Betty in the boat, you were next on nights side. How are you tonight?
Speaker 3: Coming home from cribbage?
Speaker 1: How'd you do?
Speaker 3: I want all the man just that I play, And I have no.
Speaker 1: Idea how to play cribbage, but I'm I'm sure it's entertainment. Is this with just friends or do you go somewhere and really compete against strangers?
Speaker 3: Well, tonight it was a social group, and tomorrow night I play with the American Cribbage Congress in Olington. Really yeah, okay, I.
Speaker 1: Gotta look this up and figure out what I've heard of it, But I wouldn't know.
Speaker 3: I'd be glad to give you some points and teach you how to play.
Speaker 1: If only I was back in Boston, Betty, I'd come out and sit in the boat and learn with you, but.
Speaker 3: Glad to teach you. As far as COVID goes, it's not going away. It's not ever going to go away. It's here to stay. That my feeling is is that my doctor turned around and looked at me, and he said, would you like a COVID shot? And I said, would you like me to give you one?
Speaker 1: That's a great comeback. What did he say?
Speaker 3: And he went, oh, no, no, no, no, no no. I said, you're not touching me with that stuff. I don't believe that the vaccine has properly been vetted. I don't think that they truly know the dynamics of what they're dealing with. And it will never be here. It will be here forever, like the measles and the momps and diphtheria, all that stuff is still here. Yeah, they can put it into an arrest by drop of vaccines. But this in a year, they get COVID. In a year they get your vaccine. But nobody knows long term effect of the COVID the vaccine.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you, when you were a kid, did you get a polio shot.
Speaker 3: No, my mother was a nurse. She brought the vaccine home, put the class syringe in the night in the ice box, and when she woke up in the morning she found it. I'd smashed the syringe with a hammer.
Speaker 1: You were a precocious little girl, Okay. So, I mean we had beaten polio in this country because of Jonah Sack and the pol But they.
Speaker 3: Did the proper research, they dug in deep.
Speaker 1: Why did you beat the syringe with a hammer.
Speaker 3: Betty, I'm needlephobic, Okay, Well in that case, okay, I thought you were a Presbyterian.
Speaker 1: You told me at one point.
Speaker 3: No, I'm Jewish.
Speaker 1: I'm only teasing you. Just easy.
Speaker 3: Right now, I feel as though I'm running a Jewish delicate testage on my boat from my cat.
Speaker 1: Hey, you gotta have some companionship on that boat, you know.
Speaker 3: I I do. And she's in nineteen years. She's only been off the boat one night and two months ago she was diagnosed with renal failure and it's driven by anemia. And I researched it and I have a medical background, I'll be honest with you. And Meyer had her bloods drawn ten days ago and her vet said I don't know what you're doing with this cat, lady, but keep doing it. And you know who my vet is? I think, yeah, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, And he said just keep doing it. And he called today we have a weekly check in, and he said, how's she doing. I said, she's eating chopped tiver, chopped egg, chopped salmon, chopped chicken.
Speaker 4: Chuck.
Speaker 1: I'm going to count to the boat, not to learn cribbage. I'm going to count to the boat to eat with your cat.
Speaker 3: And I give her and I give her fluids every night under the skin and she's humming.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine? Can you imagine what the culture shock must have been for your cat to bring her off the boat for like the first time in nineteen years.
Speaker 3: Man, I didn't take her anywhere. The vet came to the boat.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you told me she's only been off the boat like one night in nineteen years.
Speaker 3: Right, correct. Yeah, she was in the hospital with tank reotitis.
Speaker 1: No. I understand that, but I'm saying it's still quite a culture shock for the boy. Cat probably figured where am I? I mean, my entire world is on this boat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she's running around, jumping and you know, just good she has rebounded well. But this whole thing with COVID is it's an unknown quantity. I had a friend have a cat who had a vaccine on Friday. He has been throwing his guts out ever since if he had the vaccually.
Speaker 1: Okay, again, I believe it should be everybody's individual decision.
Speaker 3: And well as I see it, informed consent is necessary to control this. And I have never had the flu. I've never had pneumonia, never had grounkitis, and I'm seventy eight years old.
Speaker 1: You will you living on the boat, it has to be. That's that salt air, Betty. I'm up on my break and I got to run. Please give give your your cat a little pet in the head for me tonight, Okay, I would.
Speaker 3: Really I give you an extra chicken liver, right, fair enough?
Speaker 1: Hey, Betty is always great to talk. Great to you your voice. Thanks so much.
Speaker 3: Stay here, fob, I talk soon.
Speaker 1: I go and take a break. The only lines that are open right now, and they are wide open at six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty. The others are full, so if you'd like to jump in six one, seven, four ten thirty. I got Joe and I got Paul, Paul and Pennsylvania's next, followed by Joe and then we'll have some room for you. As they say, we can take this to the end, or we can switch topics. You decide. It's as simple as that. Back on Night's Side right after.
Speaker 2: This, Now back to Dan Way live from the Window World to Night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 1: Keep rolling you with Paul down in Pennsylvania where abouts in Pennsylvania tonight Paul Well Spury, Wilke Spury, Okay, Home of the Year, Triple A, Triple A team.
Speaker 5: Down there right yeah, back in the back in the spray. I Uh, I had a series of strokes, so I ended up in the hospital. And what happened was when I was in the hospital, I got backed at sepsis plaumonia and I had a heroic fact infection and I've half COVID shots every year and the boasters had pneumonia shots. Well, when I was in the hospital, you know, you don't too much walking in the hospital you're sitting there, and with those strokes, I had a hard time walk them. So they sent me to a nursing home about a week before I was supposed to get out of the nursing home. I got a new roommate and all he did was cough And I asked his wife, I said, does he have COVID or ampic sheep? You know bevill did I know? And I asked the nurses for a mask, and I wore a mask for one or two days. And you know, people were looking at me and like I was from outer space and things. And what happened was I an you took the mask off? Or right before I was supposed to get out of the nursing home. He was coughing and worse and worse. And they did a test on me, not not the swamp like you see where with the test gets the THEA sent it out to the lab and I had COVID. And it was the third time I had COVID. I had two years ago, I had it last year, but this time it was worse than that. For a whole week, I could hardly get out of bed. All he did was Coppen Steve and I just laid around and eventually I got out of the nursing home. Thank god the physical therapy people. But these people, you know, COVID? Does you know I've had? Like I said, I had it twice, and I had all the shots, and I had all the uh uh uh the boasters, and I still got a dad and I was I was really uh, I was really sick.
Speaker 1: Who man, ah, that's frightening. How are you doing these days? Okay, I have.
Speaker 5: To use a cave from that line. But other than that, I'm okay.
Speaker 1: So, so do you blame COVID or do you blame.
Speaker 5: Some other No, I don't. I don't. I don't blame anything. But this gentleman that came in the room, he was copying the gag and and you know, I asked his wife, I'm I'm not blaming him either. You know, he couldn't help, but he got it. But but it's just one of those things.
Speaker 1: Well, the hospital should have should be a little responsible. They should have isolated him.
Speaker 5: No, No, that wasn't at the hospital. That was the nursing home hospital. The hospital sent me to a nursing home, right.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying the nursing home should have isolated him.
Speaker 5: Well, they ended up the whole the whole way out was in. They ended up closing the whole way down and everybody had to wear mandatory masks. Before I left Oh boy.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you about that. That's some judge. That's a bad judgment for Oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just thank god, I just thank god. I'm all dan, I don't complain.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, Paul, and I thank god you called, and I thank god you're listening to Night Side. Thank you, my friend. I appreciate it very much. Keep calling the show.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: So you're very welcome. All right. Six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. The question of the evening so far has been is COVID making a comeback? It's kind of simple, kind of straightforward, and I'd love to have you participate. Uh if Joe is next, and I got wide open lines after Joe, let me go to Joe in Boston. Joe, appreciate you taking the time. How are you, sir?
Speaker 6: All right, thank you.
Speaker 1: So what do you think you think COVID's making a comeback here?
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, I do have that probable glory. However, I'm mostly called because I'm a little skeptical about Unfortunately, someone who's a well meaning skeptic in the line hour, I think they may have sown some confusion by accident. I looked up what I thought in the past and got some confirmation. One of the sites that came up was the Cleveland Clinic and it was saying, I think that the PCR test is the accurate test, or it's accurate, and it's not the one you get at home. At least maybe you can start it at home, but it takes a few days to get the answer back from a lab, so it's not the rapid test.
Speaker 1: Is that the one that obviously when the when the portable test the home test kits came through. What I had always believed was that there was a more accurate test. The home test kits could be inaccurate because you're doing it yourself. You know, you got to stick that swap up your nose and twirl it around twenty three times or whatever it is, and then you got to make sure that you put the right amount of it's you're doing it. It's a self test. I thought that the PCR test, or if that was, what would jarmo where you went to a clinic and they actually did the test. They had to nurse or someone do the test for you. It cost you more money, but I thought it was more accurate.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm not sure if the PCR test is something that can be done at home by and then sent to a lab, but it takes a few days. It's not the rapid test. The antigen test was the contrasting one, and I thought she was saying that it was more accurate. But I'm not sure that there are things that you can interfere with either one of them. If you take it before the virus load builds up, then neither one might detect it. However, the other thing I read on the Internet and Things Reasonable was saying that the most home tests are the antigen test, so I think she was saying the PCR was less accurate, and I maybe it may be the other way around.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at the same thing that you looked at from the Cleveland clinic, uh, and it says a PCR test is a medical test employing the polymerase chain reaction technique, frequently used to detect small quantities of DNA specific to a pathogenic agent in blood or other bodily fluids. Workers in vital sectors need to undergo PCR test every seven days. So I suspect that your point, Joe, is pretty well taken. Again, I think that the call of that that you were referring to was actually Rachel from Somerville, and it was very clear to me that Rachel did not believe in any of the COVID testing, which is her right. Okay, but I thank you for calling back and clarifying that a little bit. That's that's pretty helpful, to be honest with you.
Speaker 6: Okay. I think you actually had the same idea I did before a call.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well again, what but my feeling is on night side. I'm not an expert on everything, and people have a chance to say what they you know, if somebody wants to call me up and tell me that the Earth is flat, I think we figured that one out. Okay. If they want to call me up and tell me that the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, yeah, I'll disagree with them. I try to give people, particularly when they're expressing a viewpoint, a pretty wide birth. If they're if they're you know, specifying a fact that I know to be untrue, then I'm going to challenge him. And because I don't want my audience to think that if someone says to me, you know, you know, the first president of the United States was Abraham Lincoln. I just can't sit there and say, well, that's their opinion. That might be their opinion, but that's factually inaccurate. So you know what I'm saying. I try to be a congenial host for the most part, though sometimes that congeniality disappears, but.
Speaker 6: It gets it gets tested, test, get.
Speaker 1: Tested some nights, that's for sure. Whereabouts in Boston, show you're calling from you in the city or one.
Speaker 6: Of round around.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, Okay, we'll leave it like that, Joe. I appreciate you taking the time to call. Have a good one, Okay, good good night. All right. So I think we may have run the course. I did not think we were going to get two and a half hours out of the conversation about COVID. But I will tell you that I promise that I will stay on it. And if in the next few weeks or the next couple of months, we see COVID going continuing in the direction that I am fearful of, we'll let you know. If, on the other hand, there is a spike here in the last couple of weeks that perhaps turns back in the other direction, we'll let you know that as well. So The other subject that we had wanted to talk about tonight is the the arraignment today of this I want to call him a nutjob, but I don't know that you can call Ryan Ruth Ruth whatever his name is, a nutjob, because this guy had planned for months, if not years, to attempt to assassinate former President Trump, and at his arraignment today and again the arraignment was not for the attempt at assassination, although I think it's pretty clear, very clear to me, that is exactly what the guy should be facing. Okay, this guy Routh actually wrote a note to a friend of his, okay, and left the note and some other materials in a box. And in that box they found a handwritten list dates in August, September, and October of this year and venues where the former president had appeared or was expected to appear, according to the memo. Agents found six cell phones, including one that contained a Google search of how to travel from Palm Beach County to Mexico. Twelve peers of gloves. I assume those are sort of the gloves that hide fingerprints, a Hawaiian driver's license in mister Raalt's name, and passport. We knew he lived in Hawaii in their memo, I'm reading now from a New York Times piece from earlier today by Glenn Thrush and Adam Goldman. In their memo, prosecutors also noted mister Roalt's extensive criminal history, saying he was convicted on multiple counts of possessing stolen goods twenty In two thousand and two, he was charged in North Carolina. We're possessing a weapon of mass death destruction, a felony, no kidding. Court documents described the weapon as a binary explosive with a ten inch detonition and detonation and blasting cap. He was convicted and placed on supervised probation for sixty months. How absurd is that? So I particularly don't like anyone, really, I don't like anyone who tries to interfere with our electoral system. And whether his name was Sierran Sirhan or Lee Harvey Oswald or this guy Ryan Routh, these are people who take it upon themselves to change the course of history. And guess what you do not have. You do not have the right to change the course of history in the United States of America by assassinating or attempting to assassinate and he potential leader Democrat, Republican or Independent in this box, this nutjob and how many more nutjobs are out there? Wrote a note which was addressed dear world. According to the time, this now is an Associated Press article. No, this is Boston Global article. Excuse me, dear world, which appears to be have been premised on the idea that the assassination attempt would be unsuccessful. He wrote, this was an assassination attempt on Donald Trump, but I failed you. I tried my best and gave it all the gumption I could muster. Who the hell is using the word gumption anymore? It is up to you now to finish the job, and I will offer one hundred and fifty thousand dollars. Why not make it Ryan three hundred thousand because you don't have it. I have no idea where your money came from. I have no idea how you could travel the world, how you could go to Ukraine and try to recruit people to go to Ukraine to fight. Maybe it did have an one hundred and fifty k to whommever can compete can complete the job. The notes that according to prosecutors, we have talked about the first assassination attempt in Butler, Pennsylvania, in which the president former president was wounded and if he had not turned his head at a certain angle at a certain moment in time, he would now longer be with us. What's going on in this country? Why is it that we have nut jobs? Nut jobs? And you started the congressional softball baseball game practice a few summers ago, you've seen it. There were other political figures in this country who were who were assassinated. You don't have to be a president to be assassinated. Uh, You had other presidential candidates who were who were shot in assassinate obviously Robert F. Kennedy, junior President Kennedy, Doctor Martin Luther King, Governor George Wallace who was attempted assassination on him, a Congressman from New York, Alan Lowenstein, Gabby Giffords, the congresswoman from Arizona who survived but his bat was badly injured by a crazed lunatic. We're at the where are the authorities? How is it that no one ever took a look at this guy with all the the personnel we have in the FBI and the c I A and the Secret Service. No one could have This guy was on no one's radar. It it troubles me. It troubles me because I'm afraid, and I don't care who it is. I mean, this has got nothing to do with Donald Trump. It's got everything to do with Donald Trump, but it's got nothing to do with Donald Trump. He's a pretty lucky guy to have survived two assassinations. But I don't want to see any more of it. Uh, And I don't know how we stop it. Six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. I have one call waiting, Clifford and Canada wants to talk about the vaccine. We'll take him on the other side. But I'd like to open up your reaction to all that we have found out about this nut job who he was going to be. I guess about if if for some reason, the Secret Service had not noticed the gun, he would have been when Donald Trump was in the green, the sixth green at this golf course. This nut job, who had hidden in the bushes for twelve hours with an automatic weapon similar to an AK forty seven, would have been one hundred feet away. I wonder how that would have turned out. Back on Nightside, fill him up back.
Speaker 2: After this, It's Night Side with Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're going to I think mix and match phone calls here, So let me go to Clifford in Canada. He wants to talk about COVID. I guess in the vaccine. Go ahead, Clifford, how are you tonight?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 7: And I'm sorry because it was a really, really, really long walk to your porch and by the time I got to change topics.
Speaker 1: Now, well, you know, we we try to give as much notice as we can. But whereabouts in Canada? Are you Clifford Ottawa? We have a lot of listeners in Outawa. This's your first time calling. I don't recall talking with you before.
Speaker 7: No, it's not my first time calling. But your show is absolutely addictive. So I'm working in at the same time listen to your show.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm happy. What sort of work do you do this hour the night?
Speaker 7: I'm a lawyer?
Speaker 1: All right, me too?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know you're a member of the tribe.
Speaker 1: I just negotiated a contract with a lawyer in Montreal, which I won't go into detail on, but I was I spent a lot of last week dealing with a lawyer from a pretty large law firm in Montreal and.
Speaker 7: Cool, yeah, so so so, and I know you have legal training, So just really really really three quick points. One is that i've had the flu in the COVID shots since whatever, and I have not had either. I don't know if it's related or not. Uh, my reactions have been pretty minimal. I understand the vaccines are not meant to to stop the thing. They were meant to keep you out of a morgue and they're meant to keep you out of the emergency ward. And I agree with one of your callers saying it's not going to go away. And I agree with one of your air First callers who said I let my guard down and we're just not getting any information from the media and I wish they would. And I know when this this this neighborhood, we're seeing a pretty significant uptake of it, not the way we had those major ways during the pandemic.
Speaker 6: But it's just.
Speaker 1: That troubles me by the way I think that the messaging and you're accurate, but when they first started the vaccine, and this was remember the vaccine was developed by the Trump administration in the last year of the Trump administration, and initially then President elect Biden and President elect Vice President elect Harris said that they didn't trust them any vaccine that had been developed by the Trump administration. They eventually took it, but the message was take this and you'll be okay. And I remember that message very clearly, and then they sort of backed off on it. They said, well, we're not saying that you won't get it. This is like the polio vaccine, but if you get it, you're not going to die from it. And then there's some people who had it and had the vaccine and still died, and they said, but you know, it'll make it less likely. So I mean they sort of the messaging was off and I think that completely and I think what that did was it laid the foundation for a lot of conspiracy ideas.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean, I'm like, I'm not a doctor. This is complicated stuff. I'm reading the book about flu, you know, the Spanish flu. And one of the things that came out of the messaging from that was trust, just a failure of trust because the public authorities just weren't clear and they didn't level with people. They weren't square with people. People don't understand.
Speaker 1: Plus they named it the Spanish flu, and I from what I read, is that it began at a military base in Kansas.
Speaker 7: Yep, yeah that's what they think. I mean, they don't know one hundred percent sure based on this book, but they think, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine the marketing it starts if indeeded did start at a US military base, and with World War Two, soldiers get sent overseas. But we were somehow able to label it the Spanish flu.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, and this and this. The Spaniards are really upset about it. But but it's it's something that people don't really understand, and I certainly don't understand all the complexities of it. And part of it is just that confusion and just just dis Goovernments are all over the place and information changed, and so people said, well, well, you're telling me the truth then, or you're telling me the truth now, And I'm just not sure I can rely on you. So I'm just going to do it I think is right for me.
Speaker 1: And you have a government in Canada as bad as maybe we thought about, yes, our government and it being compulsory, and I was concerned about here in Massachusetts, a lot of state police officers who actually lost their jobs because they refused to.
Speaker 7: The mandatory stuff, right, And you know, in retrospect, I think it was overkill. Part of me thinks, look, there's just a lot of paranoid if people just don't understand and and and and they just overshot it.
Speaker 1: As a lawyer in Canada, I don't know if you're if you're a sole practitioner.
Speaker 7: If you're with I'm a very large law firm.
Speaker 1: Okay, So were you obligated to take.
Speaker 7: The I was okay. So, so we were told that if you want to come into the office, you need to have you need to have your vaccines.
Speaker 1: And that was could.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you weren't you weren't you weren't terrif nobody said, I mean, I'm a partner at the firm. So but nobody said, okay, fine, you know, here's the door, and and and you know, so so it was, it was, it was pretty it's pretty clear that you wanted to be and with other people, you had an obligation to take the vaccines. And if you don't want you to do that, I.
Speaker 1: Was said, I mean my radio station, I've been on the air on this. Before this, I did TV for about three decades and I've been doing this now. We'll start year eighteen next week on next next year, I think. But I was told by my superiors that for my own benefit and for the benefit of the station, that I was going to broadcast from home. And initially it was really weird. I'm sitting at home. I used to be in a studio with microphones and guests. I'm very happy with that. You know, I don't have to drive to work. I don't have to drive home. It's all done and it works for me.
Speaker 7: It works, and you don't have to get pressed up. And I think I read an article in The New york Er that said COVID spelled the death of the tie. Yes, for guys, right, I go to meetings and hardly anybody's wearing a tie.
Speaker 1: That's amazing too. As a TV reporter back in the day, jacket and tie it was, it was now that that's all changed. Look at TV reporters and very few of them, if ever, have a jacket. And the folks on the set have, and the and the weather guy maybe, but not the reporters in the field, which.
Speaker 7: Is what the majority. Yeah, and now what it is, please come to the office. Because we rented all this real estate companies.
Speaker 1: I got caught in that. That's that's for sure. And as they say, we had police officers up here, state police officers who were young, about a dozen of them who lost their jobs, which I thought was horrific because they had spent a lot of money on training them, training them properly. And one was the daughter of a of a state police officer who had died on the line of duty. And they made a big deal when that when she became a police they gave her dad's badge.
Speaker 7: Number and all of this.
Speaker 1: And yet a few months later she was showing the door and she's got she's got a pending lawsuit against them, and I think that she will.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you would have thought an apology somewhere in there. Sorry, we just thought we were doing the right thing.
Speaker 1: But no apology for us forthcoming. And Franklin. Yeah, change of administration. We had a Republican named Charlie Baker, and now we have more Healey, who's a Democrat. I always thought that Healey would be small enough to have gone back and looked at that and reversed what Baker did and bring those folks back and enter into some sort of mediation with their lawyers. And because eventually, I think it's going to cost a state more money if it goes to trial.
Speaker 7: And it seems like it's a no brainer, you know, it just seems like it's And she's.
Speaker 1: A lawyer to the governor of Massachusetts is a lawyer. She had been the attorney general here, I think. So I couldn't agree with you, Clifford. You're interested guy. You got to come back more often.
Speaker 7: Okay, Okay, thank you very kind of you. And again I'm sorry for changing the topics.
Speaker 1: Not at all, not at all. It was a very thoughtful call. I really enjoyed it, and it's always great to meet a brother member of the bar.
Speaker 7: So thanks very much your you take care.
Speaker 1: And I'm glad that you're addicted to the show. By the way.
Speaker 7: That's I am addicted. I love your show.
Speaker 1: Okay, I appreciate Thank you very much. Okay, quick break, I got Ron and Eileen and I got some room for you, so come on. You can get final word here six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty on the COVID or if you want to talk about this assassin to me, it is mind boggling, mind boggling that we can have these folks amongst us who can go to such extremes that they literally are in the woods in the bushes along the sixth Fairway at Moro Lago. Come on, people, I mean, would you you would think the Secret Service might have ran a dog along the periphery of the course. Uh, what are we doing here? What are we doing? Six seven, two, five, four ten thirty or six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. Be right back on Nightside.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dan Ray Mine from the Window World, Night six Studios on w b Z the news radio.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're gonna finish up on vaccine and then we have a ron from Weymouth to talk about the assassin on the vaccine. Hileen, welcome back. How are you?
Speaker 3: Oh are you talking to me?
Speaker 1: I hope so, Eileen, I recognize your voice. Welcome. You want to talk about the vaccine? What do you thought? Well?
Speaker 8: I was going to talk about the vaccine, but what's more, much more important to me is the assassin.
Speaker 1: Oh sure, I'm right ahead.
Speaker 8: And he apparently he did. He's done a lot of traveling all over the world. And my question My question is where is he getting the money to do this?
Speaker 1: Well, here's the deal. He's alive, unlike the guy in Pennsylvania who is was killed within seconds and as I understand that his body was cremated, which within within three days, which was a little weird to me that the the FBI didn't take possession of the body and make sure that there was a good autopsy done, make sure that there was no you know, drug or whatever. I don't know, it just seemed to be pretty pretty fast, pretty fast in this case. This guy's alive. I think there's all sorts of possibilities to say that, to find out from him, who funded him, How could he live in Hawaiian.
Speaker 3: Travel to you exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: To Florida, to stay in Florida for apparently weeks planning this. So yeah, this is this is scary because I think it shakes it shakes our democracy to its core because we have presidential candidates, be they former presidents or current vice presidents or whomever, under the threat of death. And if God forbid one of them were to be killed, what the hell we were no more, We're no better than a banana republic at.
Speaker 8: That point, right, And so it seems clear that there's some hidden sources of money. Yes, and we better find out who who those sources of money are, who those people are, And I mean I think that that was that that's what happened with can't find.
Speaker 1: Out because I think there will be There'll be someone there and they should be able. Like trying to leave to go in all of his bank records. Where's his money coming? This guy has to unless he's meeting somebody in the street corner and they're handing him, you know, pictures of Ulysses as Grant or whoever it is is on the one hundred dollars bill. Uh, you know, this guy probably has bank accounts. Let's find out, Let's find the whole story, and let's find out.
Speaker 8: Absolutely absolutely, And yeah, I think this was a similar situation with the Kennedy assassination.
Speaker 1: I agree with that too. I don't think we ever got the truth.
Speaker 7: On that, in my opinion, now we didn't.
Speaker 1: Grant is on the fifty. I'll figure out who's on the hundred. I don't see. I haven't seen too many hundred dollar bills in my life. I haven't exactly, And I got to keep rolling. Thanks O. Good night. Let me go to Ron. You want to talk about the Ron and Wayneth.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Ron, Hi, Dan, I just want to say to start real quickly, that you the other president that had twice try to be assassinated was President Gerald Ford.
Speaker 1: Had a couple of times both.
Speaker 4: By the way, I didn't hear, Yeah, and that was with.
Speaker 1: San Francisco within this same month in San Francisco. One yeah, he was a child and or a member of the Manson Gang. And the other was Sarah Jane Moore.
Speaker 4: Go right, Sarah Jane. Yes, Sarah Jane Moore.
Speaker 7: Was one of them.
Speaker 4: She tried to shoot him with a thirty eight Special revolver. She'd never used a gun. She missed both times. That was lucky for him. And that was after address to the Worldfairs the Council, I believe in Bacon seventy five. Yes, well, I wanted to say, when when you have these things going on, that's when all your conspiracy start. Why Because there's such a long gap of time where they're investigating, they don't come up with the news it was this about the person. They slowly bring it out the news meeting. It's just like they want to torture people to have h you know, to think that there is a conspiracy. But I'll tell you I had heard. I don't know if it's true that I Ran had hacked Trump's into his you know, all this information, Yes, but that that wouldn't be good because he didn't have that in his information. From what they say, he never made a plan.
Speaker 1: He made a decision on that Sunday morning, wanted to play some golf at the same time. Yeah, the guy sat there for twelve hours. He sat there right so, in the bushes for twelve hours.
Speaker 4: So it couldn't Yeah, it couldn't be in whatever I Ran hacked because it wasn't there. So that to get that part that that's a conspiracy. But the idea is somebody knew something, I believe, and the only ones that knew he was moving at the time, whether it was one hour or twelve hours, would have been the FBI and the Secret Service.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the FBI would not have known, but the Secret Service would know. Hey, Ron, Unfortunately, I am flat out of time. I got to get you to call okay, but I got you in and thank you very much for helping us out.
Speaker 4: You're welcome.
Speaker 7: Thank you A great night.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're done for the night. Everybody. Rob Brooks a nice job, Marita did a good job. All the callers were great tonight. Great set of callers tonight, Thanks everybody, thanks for listening. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's what pell Charlie Ray is, who passed fourteen years ago in February. That's where are your pets are who passed. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. Hope to see gain tomorrow night on Nightside. You can see me on Night's Hour with Dan Ray on Facebook in about two minutes. Have a great Tuesday, everybody, Thanks for listening.