Speaker 1: This is the seventy seven WABC Mini cast. My friend Craig Carton, and he was talking to his co host on wf AN Afternoons and he said, you know, the lowest point for him he was in prison was I guess he got a radio or something one day and he put it on and he was listening to Boomer and Geo. I guess do the morning show at the fan where he was so successful, and it hit him like a Mike Tyson Wright. But I'm so proud of Craig because he is, first of all, he is a great talent and a super guy. He's doing a great job again at wfa N and now he's going to add out Kick. You know, we've got Bobby Gaines on this show quite a bit. Tommy Laryn, I've become very very close with Klay Travis. He started OutKick dot Com. I know Dan Dakich, he's a big star right there now. He had Craig Gon last week. So here he is w AN and OutKick dot Com. My dear friend, Craig Carton. Craig, good morning buddy, how are you?
Speaker 2: Oh, Sydney is so nice to talk to you on in August morning in New York City. How are you, budd he's into a trouble today, Magda, what we got going on today?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sure I got into trouble today. I've have called out about one hundred people. I'm very angry with the City Council Speaker Julie Menning. I just don't edderstand why these politicians and this again you into trouble, which is good. Why these politicians think they can speak on behalf of victims, of the families of the victims of nine to eleven.
Speaker 3: There is nothing obligatory.
Speaker 1: About the mayor's position that has to put him at ground zero.
Speaker 3: Nothing.
Speaker 1: He's got to balance the budget, He's got it won the police department, He's got responsibilities as mayor.
Speaker 3: And just because every mayor has shown up.
Speaker 1: Before since Rudy, that doesn't mean this guy gets a chance to come. Not every mayor, not any mayor has been friendly with people who said we deserve nine to eleven. So the fact that these politicians are speaking on behalf of the families, Craig, that's not okay with.
Speaker 2: Me, nor should it be if the family should speak on behalf of the families, nobody else. I do think the mayor of New York City in most years should be at an event like this, the somber memory of twenty five years ago. But I also think there needs to be the respect of the wishes of the families of the victims as well. So it's definitely a tough needle to thread, because if the Mayor of New York City doesn't go, it's going to be criticized for being disrespectful and not honoring the memory. But in this case, because of the uniqueness of our current mayor, I think you also have to show some respect for the families. But it's probably not also one hundred percent of the family, so it's definitely tough needle to thread.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's probably about ninety percent. You're right, those other teen percent of lunatics.
Speaker 1: I do want to get the outcake because I do love stuff. And again, Clay and I talk on a weekly basis.
Speaker 3: This is perfect for you.
Speaker 1: I'm really excited for you, Williem and I saw you an interview with Dan Dakage last week, So tell me about this.
Speaker 3: No gig, Craig Carton, it's big time stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Look, obviously being under the Fox News umbrella is a home run for anybody myself included, although I've ever met Klay Travis, have been a fan of his, and you know, Bobby Burke and you know, as you said, Riley Gaines and Tommy and all of the really talented people that broadcast under the out Kick umbrella. Look, it's an extension of what I did after I left FS one. I worked for Redsie Ventures, another subsidiary of Fox, and had great success with The Craig Carton Show, which was more of a national sports last culture show. So the fact that they thought that content I was providing there worked for OutKick as they relaunched out Kick Now, was something that was too good for you to pass up. So September eighth three start. I know what they said in the press release, it's gonna be Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Probably get to that, but I got too much to say. Said so I think the first month it's gonna be.
Speaker 3: Five days a week, five days a week. I love it. It should be.
Speaker 1: He does a lot to say. I mean, I went to your Twitter account because I listen to a show still, but I went to your Twitter account and it went from everything from congratulations bayone, New Jersey.
Speaker 2: That's right, let's go.
Speaker 3: Let's start right there. How about Bayone, New Jersey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the kidder and Cone, who's supposed to be the best player on the team. Last night in the first round of the Little League World Series ends on a walk off the dead center. That's the Beyon sphere.
Speaker 1: Baby, Come on, I love Bayone.
Speaker 3: I've well. My dad was alive and his officers were in Jersey City.
Speaker 1: We used to go through the Holland Tunnel, but we took the Bayone Bridge money many times home and he had his favorite.
Speaker 3: Italian Delian I forgot the name.
Speaker 1: I feel terrible, but man, they made good sandwiches, crack like playing the Piccolos.
Speaker 2: But I can say the last time I physically was was in Byone. Bayone has this hidden gem of a guy golf course there. Okay, it's called Bayone, right, and it's like a link style golf course. It's very haughty, toddy and bougie, but it's gorgeous. She's CEO Downtown Manhattan from some of the holes. So the last time I played golf there, I'm playing golf among other people with the guy who's at the time Tiger Woods, a state manager who's a very close friend of mine. Okay, and I'm playing with my other friend, Vincenzo the Taylor right and I. We're about three or four holes in and somebody makes the mistake back then of telling me that there's a helipad on the grounds of Bayone Golf Club. Well back then, when I was being a knucklehead and gambling, that's all I needed to hear. Within thirty five minutes of the helicopter help, we're driving the golf carts to the helipad. I told the guys, your golf round just ended, and we round up in Mohegan Sun an hour later.
Speaker 3: Oh well, hegan Son not ac there you go that he is a great story.
Speaker 1: Now tell me the Piccolo's Deli in Bayonne. Do they make a better sandwich than a place that now has a sandwich named after you? But mine is coming this week. I've been told Tolerco's.
Speaker 2: Something like that, Tiso Celarcius by I think Piccolo's is maybe in Hobook in New Jersey state, But I just saw a name that I knew, So Tilario's is the it's not even debatable, the greatest delicatessen in the state of New Jersey, and maybe beyond. It's the greatest cheese seake I've ever had. Wow, I have three sandwiches named after me there.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Did get a phone call from Eric, the owner, that they were getting into business with one Sydney Rosenberg, And I said, what would be on sid Rosenberg sandwich? Does he go classic Jewish fair? And I was homemade Forstrami and cornbyf Is he a fried baloney guy? And then it dawald on me. Sid may his bones in the Great Bow of Brooklyn. So you're either going some kind of roast pork connection. But then I thought maybe she doesn't eat pork anymore. I don't know. And then I figured you probably went some combination of a calibration see Italian samwich. What do you got?
Speaker 1: Well, believe it or not, I do eat pork and I do eat ham, even though I'm the king of bold juice and people tend to describe me as a ham. So I'm gonna throw up this ham on your sandwich too, Craigie. But there will be ham on the said Rosenberg sandwich. I don't know what else is on the provolone, all kinds of peppers, and I haven't seen.
Speaker 3: The other complete Rundown yet I haven't been that involved.
Speaker 2: Are you talking like American boils like Virginia Ham or are we going with some type of Italian I ported ham.
Speaker 3: You know, I saw this movie one time. It was called Mister Mom with Michael Keaton. Was a great movie.
Speaker 2: Yes, even when you're home, you're not home.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: And he went shopping one day, food shopping, and he wanted to buy cheese. He said, I want to buy some cheese, and they said Swiss cheese, American cheese, Pablone cheese or got he goes, I forget about the cheese. I want to buy some ham, maple ham, smoked ham. But like you just said, just now, and he got to the point, we didn't buy anything because there were too many choices.
Speaker 2: So did you buy that?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: The sid Roosevelt Saldwich should be Yeah, it should be make your own.
Speaker 3: Make your own. That's I love that.
Speaker 2: You know what cold was? What comes on the rose?
Speaker 3: What do you want?
Speaker 1: Call Eric right now and tell him that that is the best idea I've heard yet.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Joe stands on well gone with h with Craig's idea.
Speaker 1: Uh, you also set in your Twitter account and I agree with you because I was knee deep in the WNBA story. I had Klay Travis on he you offered the Las Vegas Aceys ten million dollars and he offered to pay a couple of million to the some boys high school team. And I was okay with it until I started seeing Royce White and us Cantner. Now for me, the WNBA has officially jumped the shark. And I love Sophy Cunningham. I love her, but I can't even talk about it anymore.
Speaker 3: What about you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not sure why people talk about it in the first place. It's become a reality show. You know. You notice that it's never about basketball. It's never there's never a big story that you know you uh me at out Kick Fox News, anyone says, hey, just see that great Fever game last night. It's like I'm waiting for Snooky to dunk. You know. At this point, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, the best, the best thing, the best thing you get is somebody literally literally committing attempted murder against Caitlyn Clark.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But and again every storyline is non basketball and for and the thing I'll never understand. I think I understand why it's happened. I'll never understand why it was allowed to happen. They were handed the golden goose in Kaitlyn Clark a few years ago, and they've done everything in their power to destroy what she brought to the league, which was Eyeball's money. Like these ladies, we're traveling on Spirit Airlines a year and a half ago. Now they get Now they get to fly on your private jets. That's because of Kayl and Clark, eyeballs on games, Kayl and Clark soul that arenas Kayl and Clark. And for some reason, they just keep wanting to kill the golden Goose, which I don't quite get. But it's the side show. Now. Well, nobody ever cared about the WNBA to begin with, and I can defend that by ratings and attendance, and the fact they had a loss against billion dollars was underwritten by the NBA. It's this inception, right, and now the only thing we talk about is you know, a grown man from the NBA trying to point out the lunacy of the fact that the w NBA doesn't know what a woman is, you know, to point out on the hypocrisy of the people that go against the Sophie Cunningham said, and it's just it's a clown show now. And it's unfortunate because you know, the whack goes probably represent a minority of the people involved in the sport, but they're dominating the conversation about them. A