Speaker 1: Hi, Billy Cunningham is great American Court Media Research Center and uniqustion shot orders at the headquarters with Curtis House. And what they do is chronicle every day, every week, every month, every five minutes what's happening in the mainstream media, because, let's face it, garbage in, garbage out.
Speaker 2: About forty percent.
Speaker 1: Of Americans receive almost all their news from ABC, CBS and NBC plus PBS. And if you get the bad information in, you get bad results out. And the goal of the media should be to inform the elector at about important issues so they can cast an informed ballot when it comes time to vote. That's not exactly what's going on in Curtis House with NewsBusters dot Org, the executive director, Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. Before we talk about DOGE coverage, and you have some great stats here. From February the eighth until February the twenty fourth, what a sixteen day period that ABC, CBS, NBC spent a total of one minute and fifty three seconds covering the taxpayer savings by dose. In other words, they didn't cover it at all. On the other hand, we have the PBS thing coming up but before we go there, I have listed after list of mainstream media types that have lost their job and lost their way, whether it's a Leicester Holt or a Laura O'Donnell, or a Chuck Todd or a Joy Read and others on MSNBC plus, the view is going to be rained in when they're cast adrift by ABC News. Just from your perspective, what has happened to the collapse of mainstream media and as a consequence, is that good or bad for the American people? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's interesting to see all of these people suddenly just lose their voices and think that you know, they're going to go to substack or wherever else. And I know in some of these cases a lot of it's cost cutting in the case of Leicester Holt more or less retiring, or Donald stepping away ho to coffee, leaving this Today's Show right before the inauguration. In all of those cases, the reporting, particularly with Pucks still in Buyers or Liberal journalis donetheless, but his newsletters are pretty thorough and substantivity is great sourcing say that, Hey, guess what twenty million dollars a year for some of these network news anchors Yeah, that's just completely unreasonable, Like it's not reasonable, it's not feasible, it's it's just it's not sustainable for the bottom line based on the product that they are putting out in the bias and how people have tuned them out. So these folks instead of just saying, oh, I'm going to retire openly, they're suggesting that they're writing off to the sunset, I need to spend more time with my kids whatever else. In the case that people like Joy read, I mean, she is the most toxic, venomous person in maybe cable news history. I mean, she has been incredibly horribly divisive. She was a DEI hired to begin with because Chris Matthews was meted by this woman named Lauren Bassett, and she was given a show, I believe in twenty twenty one, and you know, she didn't really earn this, and so as such, her ratings have not been great. She struggled to maintain an audience, and now she's blaming racism or her supporters are blaming racism for her losing her job, even though she's being replaced by a panel show by two people who are black and the other is Hispanic. So that's kind of funny there. So I think in this media landscape build the real reality is it is it's cough cutting, And I think it's the recognition of some of these network executives that do we want this person or that person to be the face of our brand because remember, MSNBC is spinning off or being spun off by Comcast, so it's going to have to stand on its own, you know, two legs with the NBC and a few other cable networks and trying to sell itself to advertisers. I'm pretty sure what your read's been putting up is not what most Americans want.
Speaker 1: So in five or ten years, if you and I would get together, talk radio will be here, podcast will be here, websites will be here. Newspapers, the idea of cutting down a tree somewhere in Minnesota, putting into on rivers, giving it to a mill, then creating the pulp, and then giving it to a processor, and then put making paper and then putting ink on it.
Speaker 2: That whole thing is gone. It doesn't exist.
Speaker 1: I think the Wall Street Journal in New York Times not the only two papers in the country. Washington Post loses one hundred million dollars a year. So from media sources you have, the newspapers are gone, Television, big time news is collapsing. People don't believe it. Did they cause their own demise? Do you think the left wing media and did they do it to that? Was this suicide or homicide? I say suicide.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's definitely suicide. I mean it is a complete refusal to accept outside criticism. You know, in my career, I've had a number of journalists block me. I've never called them any names. I've merely written stories with the full transcript of their news reports and said, here's what's wrong with this segment. Here's where they don't do not present an opposing viewpoint, or they leave out certain facts, and you get blocked for it. You know, you talk about politicians having thin skin and being insecure, journalists are by far National journalists are by far the most thin skin profession in America. It's not on planet Earth. They are so avert to outside criticism. We saw this during the first Trump administration. Chants of fake news were treated like death threats, and which is just ridiculous and a refusal from the liberal media to accept that The First Amendment also applies to us. It's not just about you guys. So this has been entirely self inflicted. And I think too we may have talked about this in the past. That is, the liberal media have shown a lack of respect. It's not just about not showing or carrying the other viewpoints, it's when they do, they don't show respect. They do not treat viewpoints with dignity. And I think American people see that as such. And when you see that, I'm not being listened to, I'm not being respected. I'm being dismissed as rubes, racists, sexist, homophobes, and all those things. Who would want to listen to this every day unless you're like some sort of weird Navakis.
Speaker 2: I don't. The fact is, I've been talking about this for years.
Speaker 1: The mainstream media, NewsBusters dot Org, Mini Research Center, a bunch of others actually do the work to have the facts that over a sixteen day period there was little or no reporting on those taxpayer savings. I've said for years that two things that destroy this country is unbridled southern border invasions, bringing with the disease, third world poverty grinding into America of the Milton Friedman In one of my four heads on the Mount Rushmore Conservatism, Milton Friedman said that you can't have an existing first world country with a border wide open with millions of unwashed masses coming in that whose labor is not needed and their cost of survival are going to be very high. And secondly, the second aspect the taxpayer savings, is the federal deficit of that accumulated debt thirty six trillion dollars is unbridled. And so because it's an important issue, you have a column up censored. ABC, CBS, and NBC spent less than two minutes on dose taxpayer savings.
Speaker 2: And this wasn't just over a week.
Speaker 1: Sixteen days of coverage from February the eighth through February to twenty fourth, they spent a total of one minute and fifty three seconds on it. To break it down, ABC News spent the least amount of time, which is zero. NBC spent twenty six seconds on taxpayer savings, CBS spent a minute in twenty seven which is really unbelievable. And the key of what's happening is we can't have a two trillion dollar annual deficit and a thirty six trillion dollar accumulated debt and survive as a country. But they don't give the information to the American people as to why these taxpayer saidments are required. Please relate the findings of your study. Yeah, well, first.
Speaker 3: Of all, yeah, the top one two. In the addition one minute fifty three seconds that it really only actually applies to CBS and NBC because ABC was completely asleep at the wheel. This is one of those things, Bill, where the liberal media will try to deny, deny, deny, and they may eventually be forced into admitting it's true. You know, you see this as well with the border. You not, You're not really seeing a ton about the border now compared to what we did before. Maybe there's a reason for that, of course, maybe it's because things are going well, and you know, they'll eventually be forced to admit it. If ever, and I think some of this might happen with DOSE. They're trying to shame people into this concept that oh, they're moving too fast and they're going to make mistakes. And maybe all this could be true, but the liberal media don't want that. They disagree with the notion at all of doing anything completely with doing anything to cut the size of government. You notice how in these segments about federal workers they find just the right person who was laid off, who seems like they did something that even a small government conservative would say is something the government should be involved with. The networks have done stories about the National Park Service and the National Forest Service recently, and on Tuesday Night, the CBS Evening News joined the others who have done segments in the past that those is going to ruin your summer vacations to the national parks and heck, guess what bears may now eat you might eat you now because there's not park strangers to be able to save you. Well, I mean, that's so deperate.
Speaker 1: The headline is CBS doose is going to get you eaten by bears? The story? And then right, oh, that is a story about PBS. I find it amazing that PBS public broadcasting TV and radio, and many markets like New York City has eight or nine PBS radio stations in one city they employed literally one hundred thousand people. It costs five hundred million dollars a year minimum, and it's generally bad radio or bad TV that we paid for. And why why hasn't that come up more forcefully. I know you have a campaign in Washington now with the truck, but explain what's going to happen to PBS in the future.
Speaker 2: By that, I mean the next six months.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I'm so glad you started with that premise all about about the affiliates. And what's funny is like in Boston there's two affiliates and they're indistinguishable. The programming is the same, you know, like the call letters are different. I'm sure the signals are relatively similar. They're both based in Boston. Like how is that? How does that accomplish anything? Like what level? Why is that level of done? And see necessary? And so that's just one of the TACs that we're taking. One of the five reasons of my colleague Tim Graha, who's been covering this since twelve before I was born. He started covering this kind of stuff in the late eighties, has said, is why PBS NPR need to be defunded. Folks can follow our brand new X account defund PBSNPR all one word on X. It's a clearinghouse. Yes, on NewsBusters. In the MRC, we have our we still share all of our blogs and Facebook pages as well our PBS NPR content. But you can go there for a one stop shop of all of our PBS and PR content, and we really encourage folks to check that out and then focus on the DC local Reddit, the little message board chat room website. The local DC section is already freaking out about this truck. They're just losing their absolute minds and into this we all say, you are welcome to give as much money as you would like to PBS. We are merely dang not us. We should still have a saying whether our money goes there.
Speaker 1: I think talk radio would love to get five hundred million dollars a year in government subsidies. But if you want to give until your heart's content have added and it doesn't happen, and I just I assume in the next year that's going to be defunded. I've heard this for the last thirty years. It's never happened under Bush, under Bush, under of course, under Reagan, or under the first term of Donald Trump, or no Democrat, because that was left as propaganda paid for by the government and they only give one story. There's no more left wing organization in America, more left wing than PBS.
Speaker 2: I mean it's awful.
Speaker 1: Now, lastly, before I let you go, you have a great column up about Dan Bongino, who, by the way, is a great American. I've had them on several times, and the headline is ABC, CBS, NBC lose their minds over Trump picking Dan Bongino for FBI post. And you have exactly what CBS News anchors are now saying. The two new anchors are talking about this Maurice Jaba and also what's his name? And they go after Dickers and John Dickerson. They go after him hard because Dan Bongino is unqualified. And you have an army followers of millions of talk radio and podcast listeners who devote time to Donald Trump and to Dan Bongino, who think this is a great pick. So the media once again garbage in, garbage out. You hear this about someone you may not know a lot about. But why does this again show left wing media bias.
Speaker 3: It's so ridiculous, Like, first of all, they're treating his service in the time in the Secret Service, and is a New York City police officer like I don't know, he was like bagging groceries and then became deputy FBI director, right like like, you know, it's it's really ridiculous. They mentioned these things, but then they're like, well, he doesn't have any experience in the agency. And you know, the FBI Agents Association had demanded the caspital and President Trump pick a career agent, and they didn't pick a career agent. Well, yes, career agents. The permanent bureaucracy is part of the problem. Maybe that's why he did this, you know. CBS Evening News went as far as to suggests that the moves made by Cash Btal and Dan Bongino could put the country's national security at risk because they're responsible for stopping terror attacks and this idea that they're emptying out or whittling down the number of people who work in Washington, DC at headquarters and sending them to field offices is upsetting morale and it's gonna somehow like hurt like crime fighting, Like are you kidding me? Oh, it upsets morale and it hurts people's feelings that they're gonna have to go somewhere out into real America and they're gonna have to actually work. They probably will still make the same money. Hey guess look, guys, actually your dollars will go farther by not being in the Washington, DC area. So this should be viewed as a positive. But of course it's not Bill because we're supposed to feel bad for people like Andrew McCabe, who's so sad that you know, one of the people who succeeded him is Dan Bongino. It's ridiculous. They call him a blocatur election denier, all those kind of crazy things, but not actually looking at what he knows about the agency, whether he actually cares about the agency, which he does, cares about finding crime, which he does. They just see these folks as Trump lackeys who will do literally anything and everything and destroy the country, put people in camps, blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Well, the other thing, fifteen years ago, Barack Hussein Obama as president picked Dan Bongino to protect him. Former New York City cop, secret Service agent. He knows where the bodies are barried. He's a great guy. Put him with Cash Patel. Then that's reform. And of course, when I hear about Elon Musk not being confirmed by the Senate, not in the cabinet, affecting public policy, one name comes to mind. That's doctor Anthony Fauci, who was not in the cabinet. He did affect public policy. He was not confirmed by the Senate. And this guy fundamentally, and so many others of the past have fundamentally affected public policy who were not confirmed by the Senate. They were not in the cabinet and they affected public policy. But one rule applies to Fauci, but a different rule applies to Elon Musk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's exactly what this is. It is kind of amazing you hear these protests, government worker protests build that like, oh, we love serving the American people, we answer to the American people. Well, how do you actually answer to anyone? You know, we're just supposed to trust you. It is really amazing to see so many of these liberal journalists who get all warm and fuzzy inside and drills up their legs thinking about Watergate, about holding the powerful two account, have turned into only giving aid and comfort to the powerful. They trust everything the career government officials tell them because they their friends, instead of holding into account.
Speaker 2: And the other thing.
Speaker 1: Ninety five percent don't show up for work. But that's a different issue. But NewsBusters, Curtis Halk, you're the best there is and that I'd encourage people to go to the website constantly and get the truth, the old truth, and nothing but the truth.
Speaker 2: At least it's unvarnished.
Speaker 1: In fact, you have up the actual words of the newscasters, the actual words of the columnists, that you can judge for yourself what's right, what's wrong. Curtis Halck, once again, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And Curtis, you're a great American.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you. Bill. All right, let's continue with more.
Speaker 1: The truth will set us all free, garbage in from the media and garbage out. Let's continue with more. Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundred WLW