Speaker 1: In the world where fairways meet the airwaves, where Bertie's and Banker collide. Welcome to the show that takes you beyond the clubhouse and onto the green. This is Balls and Teas, your passport to the golfing universe, where every swing tells the story and every part has its punchline. Get ready to step onto the large screens and dive into the world of diveds, drives and delightful better the Magician.
Speaker 2: All right, ladies and gentlemen. It is the one and only twenty tony classic man. As you know, I am the Magician, the boy with a lot of flair. And guess what, ladies and gentlemen, it is yet another hot episode of Balls and Teas. If you've not heard off my voice on your airwaves, then you're definitely listening to the wrong, wrong frequence, Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: Bows and Ties is the one.
Speaker 2: And only social golf podcast worldwide that's making things happen. I mean, we're talking everything that happened on the gold cause and off the golf course. What we're trying to do here is to breach the gap between personal players, care your players, and those who don't play golf. So, ladies and gentlemen, if you haven't listened to any of the episodes, listen, this is very, very simple. The only thing that I need you to do is to get yourself and ice cold glass of water because it's about the gat halting.
Speaker 3: Yet.
Speaker 2: I've got two guests joining me today and we're going to be having a lot of fun. Don't be jealous, don't feel like you're missing out if you are not part of the interview, because guess what, at any point in time, you can just holler at me and tell me, Tony, I want to be your guest on your show, and then we will have the same amount of fun. So, ladies and gentlemen, with that taking much more of your time, I'm going to ask you to please run to the closest cold room, freezer, fridge, tap, whatever it may be, and make sure that you get yourself the coolest refreshment there is, and let.
Speaker 3: It not be in the class.
Speaker 2: Please gotchay a game, Please come with a five liter Backetana slop Mariana and make sure that you're gonna have fun with us, because like I said, it's gonna be hot. And then when we come back after the break, I will be introducing our guests for today.
Speaker 3: You will be shocked.
Speaker 2: Because I can tell you right now one of my guests has just confirmed that he is on the road coming back from a golf course. First time he went there. He just went to have a lot of fun. So we will catch up with him in the next couple of minutes. So let's go for the two minute break, and then when we come back, you will know who we are definitely inviting or interviewing today.
Speaker 1: In the world where fairways meet the airwaves, were birdies and Banker collide. Welcome to the show that takes you beyond the clubhouse and onto the green. This is Balls and Tees, your passport to the golfing universe, where every swing tells the story and every part has its punchline. Get ready to step onto the large screens and dive into the world of divents, drives and delightful better the Magician.
Speaker 2: All right, ladies and gentlemen, thank you for staying tuned in. As you know, it is the one and only Tony Tone the ball with a lot of like I am the magician. Thank you for staying tuned onto the one and only Bows and Teas you know, we are covered worldwide. We are on Apple Podcast, we are on Amazon, we are on Spotify, and we are on our own website which is www dot bosants dot golf. So if you feel like interacting, or if you feel like there's certain things that you want to cough out, please make sure that you reach out to us and then let us know how we can firstly help you improve your game, secondly, help your friends get into the game. Sadly, help us improve our podcast. So, ladies and gentlemen, I promised you a beautiful, beautiful episode today. I've got two guests and they started what we call Let's Golf. So you know, when I got to hear of the name let's Golf, I was like, okay, cool, it's very simple, it's catchy, you can't forget it, and it gets straight to business to say, let's play golf. So, without taking any more time, I'm going to introduce the one and only on my level and the Master, Tony Matari, who will be joining us today. But I don't think I've done much justice.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I needed someone to play drum roll in order for me to bring in my guests. So Tony, thank you for coming through and for joining us.
Speaker 3: But please, if I.
Speaker 2: May ask, if I'm a humbly request that you both reintroduce yourselves thorally, let us know who employe is, what's let's go, how did you get into golf? And then the same would apply to about Tonia as well, whom I know right now this man is driving, he is from a golf game. So, ladies and gentlemen, whoever is listening out there, there's never a pointing time that we don't play golf. Golf is a lifestyle, golf is a part of us. So I was important let me hand over the mic to you. Please let us know who employe is, what's happening in post space?
Speaker 3: How did we get into the game?
Speaker 4: Evening, Thank you Tony for your time, and yeah, thank you for the invite, and greetings to all the listeners. And I can pormally from Soway to born and brought up goes Away to I grew up more prouty and north and yeah, and now I used to go to social golf events and friends would invite me. They just go to golf days, and I would just dress up, look cute, you know how golfers are.
Speaker 5: And I would just want to play the party and just.
Speaker 4: And just dress up and you know, and we'll be stressed that the night before.
Speaker 5: What are we wearing?
Speaker 3: How?
Speaker 4: You know, and prepare accordingly. And now golf came and I started practicing. And one friend I remember, she asked, but why don't you study playing golf because of you attend so many events, And I'm like, oh, yeah, I think I should, you know, And I started my lessons. You won't believe this year at twenty twenty five Cat January.
Speaker 6: That's when I started practicing. I would Funny was teaching.
Speaker 4: Us how to play LINTERV thing and then I was like, okay, fine, I'm en doing this. And then started playing my first Mashi le Lear friend and yeah, that's how I started. And then now I got addicted to a point where I'm not even thinking I'm stopping geeks. Yeah, I haven't bought my my first clubs. I was like, no, I don't have money. But so that's how I started. And then Tony and I have been as friends for a while. We met through a friend and with your friend and yeah.
Speaker 6: And we fell in love with the same thing. And yeah, I think I'll just.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pass over the mic to him because if he'll tell you more about how any this left golf.
Speaker 5: Journey.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm.
Speaker 8: Obviously born from Soweto. I lived and lived in the north for twenty seven years of my life. Four Ways and uh Foys, Branston and rent talk Ridge.
Speaker 7: That's where I learned. That's where I got into the golf fever.
Speaker 8: I was through a friend in Italian Minra Jerrisen Youurini when I was fourteen, and then when I got varsity, I stopped playing golf because you know, as we love lifestyle.
Speaker 7: Started playing golf.
Speaker 8: When my mom passed away in twenty and fifteen.
Speaker 7: Unfortunately, I had to move back to Soeto.
Speaker 8: And when I moved back to Soweto, I saw Corre Soweto.
Speaker 7: Needs lifestyle things. No I started.
Speaker 8: I started by bringing Sway to Polo Cup, the first polo event in any township. And then after that I saw there was a need. When I found out that there was a I saw it a country club. I was like, hey, there's a need for this thing, you know. Then I went saw to put country club this year actually in April, we just to go play. We played and after we were playing, I was like, Wow, this is something that literally needs to be brought to black people, not knowing that live golf was actually coming, not knowing that live golf was coming to South Africa. And when I saw no, I mean fusing lifestyle and golf, why don't I do that? And I decided, Hey do that? You know then import I think came to the second one. When I came, it was like, hey, dog, let's let's make something out of it.
Speaker 7: Let's make something out of this.
Speaker 8: And because of the chime the networks that we have, then we built this thing. So we've been operating since April and we had our Gnari now on the first of November.
Speaker 3: Yeah, awesome stuff. Awesome.
Speaker 2: So so you you guys, I mean there's two different stories. I mean, Anthony, you've been playing, you mentioned around the age of fourteen, and you've you've left for all these years up until twenty twenty five when she decided she was to play.
Speaker 7: Now, So.
Speaker 2: With without putting you on the spot, I mean, I just want to find out. I mean, back then, if you were to look at golf back then when you started and compared to what's happening now, what would you say are the major major dynamic changes that have actually occurred over time.
Speaker 8: My people are more involved now in golf. White people play, My people playing more. And when I say my people, I'm talking about black people.
Speaker 7: I was surrounded.
Speaker 8: I was surrounded when I started golf, I was surrounded by white people, literally surrounded by white people.
Speaker 7: Person introduced me to that sport.
Speaker 9: With a white person, you know, And so that's the major when I can say that's a major major change, was most black people are involved in golf.
Speaker 7: I mean, you've.
Speaker 8: Got Royal, You've got the Royal Country Club and uh brag band it's owned by a black person.
Speaker 3: No, so awesome.
Speaker 8: So more black people are involved in golf, and that's the that's the that's the biggest, biggest difference from when I started to Now.
Speaker 3: That's some stuff.
Speaker 2: And then on your side, I was important. I mean you you mentioned that you used to attend a lot of golf days and obviously from the outside you would view it as a male dominated spot to some extent. So getting into the spot, how did it feel for you and how was the reception?
Speaker 5: There's the reception has been great.
Speaker 4: I don't want to lie, and you know, and women in golf now, so introduced me to my first mass, she played with me and she you know, she was holding my hand throughout, and you know, you'd be amazed that women in golf fix each other's crowns. And that's what I love and I felt with that because of we support each other.
Speaker 5: We show you.
Speaker 4: They'll literally show you how to open a club, how to close a club for a certain you know, tea off and so on and so forth. So that's what I love and I fell in love with. Also the male figures. They are there to assist, you know, they are there.
Speaker 5: To work with you. They walk with you, you know.
Speaker 4: And that's the only reason I'm still here because now look at me, and I've been playing.
Speaker 6: And you know, I look forward to playing eight in all and.
Speaker 4: The nightdeing hole is the best as well, because wow, and.
Speaker 5: You socialize with these people.
Speaker 4: You get to know people's lives on the fairway, you know, and we talk.
Speaker 5: And it's like a therapy.
Speaker 4: We are literally and if you're going through a lot, go to a golf course and you learn how to deal with yourself.
Speaker 5: I was an impatient person, I truly was.
Speaker 4: I was telling someone that I am also golf is teaching me how to be patient because I was never a patient person and when I would want a person to do this or treat me like this, and now I just pause and look at things in a in another person's eye, and I'm like, okay, fine, this is how we're going to do things. And and yeah, and it's been it's been a great journey and I don't think i'll leave anytime soon.
Speaker 3: Awesome stuff.
Speaker 2: Now, you know, there's something that Bulony mentioned earlier on and he spoke about the need for lifestyle activities and that's basically how the whole concept of less golf came about. Now, I just want to post this question to you or to say, when we talk about let's go, what would be the core philosophy that drives the movement of less.
Speaker 4: Golf More of socializing, teaching people that we as young people, we can join in. We can love something different to what we are used to. You know, we can party on the fair with and that's that's for me, Like it's it's golf, meeting and playing and socializing and connecting and businesses as well. Closing some businesses because some brands fell in love with us.
Speaker 5: And we are so grateful.
Speaker 4: As Tony said, with the connections that we have. Brands came on board and they still coming. They want a calendar, So let's golf is more of our fun and social having fun on the fairway. That's that's where I am currently m hmm.
Speaker 2: And then to you, Tony, I mean, just to care on from what has just explained the most critical element for you that you would give credit to achieving this momentum that you guys have, all the attraction that you guys have gained over the period that their entity has been established, What would you say are the key elements that has actually given the drive inclusiveness.
Speaker 8: I think the problem is that I've realized that a lot of and I'm not trashing other people's golf days. I'm not trashing so forth things that were very inclusive. We're very very inclusive. That's why we have a golf We have a golf clinic on the day of our golf day, so while everybody's playing is there's a golf clinic for people that want to get into golf, you know. So the most important thing is about inclusiveness, because there's already been the stuck up golf already as a stigma that it is a stuck up sport.
Speaker 7: It's for certain demographics, so forth, so forth.
Speaker 8: So forth. So we're breaking all of that. We bring inclusively. We bring we like literally from skill level from the beginner all the way to the social social golfer. And that's what has grown our brand so much. I mean, I'm talking about the last golf day that we had. I think we had forty five, forty five people at the golf clinic, which was crazy.
Speaker 7: Well literally the pent of them are female.
Speaker 8: So well, people want to get into the sport, but they don't know how to get into the sport. So we've given them the avenue to get into the sports.
Speaker 6: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: And I mean that's very interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just to add on that, And as Sloaney said, we're removing the pressure and formalities.
Speaker 5: You know, we're just trying to make.
Speaker 4: It look fun because of everybody respect the etiquette of golf, and you know, we just wanted to be.
Speaker 5: A next social environment where.
Speaker 4: People can have real conversation and enjoy themselves while playing golf because of it's not as serial as sport. People have fun on the fairway. So yeah, I think I'll give that to Prony as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know.
Speaker 2: To be quite honest, I like I like the idea of saying, you know what, for as much as other people are already in the golf course, I'm saying, let those who have never touched the club, or those who are still learning how to play, be entertained through a formal lesson. And I think that takes away that the whole intimidation, because, in all honesty, if I was to walk into a driving range and then I approach a pro to say this and I need lessons, I will fasonally look at what other people are doing on the driving range, and then I would put myself in that shoes to say, yeah, if a Mambara like me who doesn't know anything, was they just walking there?
Speaker 3: How would I feel about it?
Speaker 2: But if it's a collective, it makes it easier because everybody can then relate to say, we are all leaving the same thing. So that's a that's a very cool concept. That's a very cool concept, guys. I love it. And then I just want to carry on onto something that Tony also mentioned. I mean, you mentioned Royal Oak, you mentioned a way to country club as well, and I would presume that let's golf, like you said, it's more about being inclusive. So I just want to find out from both both of you guys, say, the importance of showcasing these underrated golf courses or these community golf courses that are in Black society, black communities, or are black owned, how important is it for you guys to actually promote them and put them on the length same landscape as your most exclusive or most famous golf courses in Houting.
Speaker 8: You know, so let's say it has over four hundred golf courses, Like literally has over four hundred golf courses, but people are playing the same golf courses.
Speaker 7: They're literally playing the same golf courses that everybody knows.
Speaker 8: I mean, and like I'm going to say again, I'm not trushing anybody's golf courses. Glenn Dower, they play Glenn Dower, they play Copper Leaf, you know, they play the same golf courses over and over, and going to community courses, you actually realize our BEAUTI for these courses are Nobody knows that the word to country Club is rated in the top twenty based greens in the whole of It's rated in the top twenty best greens in the whole of essay, But nobody knows about like hardly people know about Soweto.
Speaker 7: Only serious avid golfers know about Soto, you know. And this is a thing. It's about, it's about promoting.
Speaker 8: How how do we get everybody to Cleane Dower if they don't play Kane Dower, if they don't play the other course side.
Speaker 3: So we need to.
Speaker 7: Get playing those courses in order for us.
Speaker 8: I mean, we've got we've got we had Okay, let me not say we've got we had some of the best golfers and essay in the world.
Speaker 7: We had Ernie Else, we had.
Speaker 8: Louis stays In, we had some of the beast golfers, but don't bring major tournaments to SA because of the level of our golf courses. The only thing that we have is Netbank. Net Bank doesn't even draw a Tiger Woods or Rory McElroy. So we need to uplift all the golf courses around in order for us to start being able to attract talent from overseas to start playing our golf courses.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 8: That's that that's the major reason. That's amazing, and that's why I'm going to be very honest. That's why I love Live. I love the golf. I love it with the more heart because it's doing things that the PAS.
Speaker 7: Did not do.
Speaker 8: Is by you know, having like the golf courses where Live is. People did not know about things until Live started moving to those golf courses and having us. So now they realize these are amazing golf courses and that's where you want to be those people that that are able to attract, that are able to attract the international talent. But by building up local golf courses, I mean that brings forty nine billion rand into.
Speaker 7: S a area. What why that's a lot? Why?
Speaker 8: That's why can't that forty nine billion rand up lived the communities that we live in. I mean if you go to if you go to Jackal Creek, Jacko Creek is next door to a squad camp.
Speaker 5: M h.
Speaker 7: To a squatter camp.
Speaker 6: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 8: For this money that we're bringing in needs to build the squatter camps that are next door.
Speaker 6: True Yeah, yeah, not true.
Speaker 4: And adding ending on that, Sony, you know, as as Let's go, we sure we showcasing community golf courses a huge part of Let's Golf. We it's becoming our mission to for people to fall in love with these local courses, and we are making it a hartbeat of every golf day that we want to host, you know, and we've enjoyed, you know, be no new one, and so now we're just trying to move forward with getting into the different courses, to making sure that people really know that there are golf courses and they're accessible and people can play golf. Everywhere you want to play golf, just go there and find out what is happening and then you can take it from there. So I truly believe that with us trying different golf courses, it makes it melts our hearts because.
Speaker 5: We're giving back to the community of z.
Speaker 4: And spirits and so on and so forth with whichever golf course we choose at whatever particular event we host. So that's our mission, and we are looking forward to playing more to at more golf courses that people don't recognize or people don't know, and you know, and it's very nice because people, yeah, are really enjoying it.
Speaker 7: I literally agree. Of course, I'm going to be very honest in it.
Speaker 10: Told you we started Soweto, so the first two, then it was Royal Oak, then it was Jacko Creek.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I had funded all of them, momer lie to you, I had funded all of them. But the most fun that I ever had was at Royal Oak, where a lot of people didn't want to come to a lot of avid golfers, no one to play, and so forth and so forth.
Speaker 7: And the avid golfer like avid golfers that came and played, they were.
Speaker 8: Like, hey, Doug bro they saw Royal Oak in a different light when they played at our golfer, you know. And the thing is that I have more fun at the golf courses that are not known than the golf courses.
Speaker 3: That I do.
Speaker 7: Know.
Speaker 8: The golf courses that you know have become very pompous and very arrogant. You know, they've got they've got so many rules and A B, C, D, E F G. You can't do this, you can't do that, you can't do this, you can't do that. And that's why these and I hope once we bring these golf courses and standards that apparently are PGA standards standards, once we bring them up, I hope they don't change the way that they conduct their business.
Speaker 7: Because they conduct they are very hard away.
Speaker 8: I mean, it's golf courses that don't even take you seriously when you arrive there, they don't take you seriously at all. But that small community golf course will take will will treat you like a king. And that's exactly what we need. That's what we need in golf. Golf it shouldn't. Golf should not be a selective sport.
Speaker 7: It should not.
Speaker 8: We are living, we are living in times where things are no longer selective. That doesn't need the doesn't lead for this, There isn't lead for this, doesn't lead for I mean a boy that a boy can open a YouTube channel now and become a multi millionaire mault type. No, you know, and uh, Porsche cannot reject there's a multi billionaires. So why are we doing this in sport? Why I was doing this in sports?
Speaker 7: We should include. We should be the most inclusive. We should be the most inclusive. Sports brings people people together, it does.
Speaker 4: It's more of the transformation. We're transforming the courses into the high energy that you know, when people look at the events that we're hosting, you know, we move forward and people fall in love. They're falling in love literally and be like, when is your golf day?
Speaker 6: When is your golf day. So I would say, Tony, you know, as much.
Speaker 4: As it's heart sometimes we are moving, my boy, like I'm loving this all day.
Speaker 6: Every day.
Speaker 3: All right, awesome stuff.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 2: I really like your inputs and your views around golf as a whole, not just looking at it from a social point of view, but also the broader spectrum. To say, even when you look at the professional level, whether it be the golf course or the players themselves. We need to start moving at a different year. We need to start evolving. But what I would really like for us to do is to go for a two minute break when we come back. I actually want us to drill deep into Les's Golf because there's many things that Let's Golf is doing and people are not really aware of the earthquake that Let's Golf is bringing to the social golf space. So I actually want us to delve deeper into it and decipher where we will be seeing Les's Golf in the next couple of years, because I can tell you at the momentum that you guys are moving.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the sky is the limit.
Speaker 6: We keep on trying awesome stuff.
Speaker 2: So ladies and gentlemen, we're just going away for a two minute break. Please make sure that you refill those uh cool drinks, water, average, whatever it is, as long as it's called. Because for as much as we are talking, I mean I'm getting heated up that Hence, while I'm saying listen, when we come there, we're going to delf depay m to our audience out there. If you are drinking hot beverage, just take off your top because you're going to be flat.
Speaker 11: At Invisible Ink Consulting your gateway to financial success. We specialize in providing the best solutions to manage your finance and accounting, ensuring a better life for you and your business. Our expert team offers top not accounting and tax consulting services tailored to various industries, including, but not limited to, engineering, medical practitioners, in construction, nonprofits, evets, management attorneys, and financial services experience the power of our best analytics, backed by a commitment to our clients in a high level of knowledge and Invisible Ink Consulting, we strive to deliver the best service you can get, making your financial journey seamless and rewarding. Choose Invisible Ink Consulting from a brighter financial future, your success out primiority. Please visit us at www dot invisiblelink, dot co dot seta to richus www dot invisiblelink, dot co dot set.
Speaker 1: In a world where fairways meet the airwaves, where Bertie's and Banker collide. Welcome to the show that takes you beyond the clubhouse and onto the green. There's balls and t's your passport to the golfing universe, where every swing tells the story and every part has its potchline. Get ready to step onto the last screens and dive into the world of divids, drives and delightful better.
Speaker 2: All right, ladies and gentlemen, it is still the one and only twenty two in the Magician the world with a lot of flair. I am a classic man and if you've just only now listen, ladies and gentlemen, I am joined by Tony Mattare and Paul Malday Well from Let's Golf. So, ladies and gentlemen, we had a beautiful first half discussion with our guest today. It's a pity that Tony has to leave us because he is driving. Get I told you, guys, we all was Golfye, this man drove all the way to Bloemfontein to play golf. Now he's on his way back, so let's make sure that the man focuses on the road and he reaches home siffly. So without wasting any more time, Tony, are you still with me?
Speaker 5: There?
Speaker 7: I'm with you.
Speaker 3: Awesome stuff.
Speaker 2: Listen, Tony, I just want to say thank you once again for gracing us with your presence today and for having a chat with us. I understand you're still on the road, so let me not continue still in your time. I would like you to focus on the road and make sure that you reach home safe, and then the rest of the conversation we can take offline. It has been great having you on the show. I believe that your colleague I will definitely lead us with the next conversation.
Speaker 3: Awesome stuff. So, ladies and gentlemen, we have lost Tony.
Speaker 2: Like I said, he is driving, but fear not because is still with us.
Speaker 3: And then we're going to have a beautiful chat to here.
Speaker 5: I'm so here.
Speaker 3: Awesome stuff. Awesome stuff.
Speaker 2: So I you know, I'm just going to ask you something very random, because I mean, Tony went to a different province to go and play golf, right, which is very beautiful. Now on your side, I want to understand why didn't you play golf today?
Speaker 4: I'm catching up with work. But the suppossibility of me playing God dragons Burg is a surprise from a friend and literally I paid my accommodation to go play God Paris next week. So my next week is is chocolate blocker with literally two golf days for.
Speaker 5: In different in different provinces.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's gonna be a crazy one, paraise if if I don't make it to the Dragon's Burg. So yeah, that's how golf. That's that's the love of golf.
Speaker 3: I envy you.
Speaker 2: I wish I could just jump into your luggage back and then, yeah, I just played the game.
Speaker 5: How I wish I can play more. You don't understand, mm hmm, But.
Speaker 3: I believe so.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've seen a lot of people who would say, listen, no, I started playing golf when I was young, and then I stopped, and then later when I started again, now I can't stop.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: There's something about the psychology of golf, the fact that you can go through a term al of emotions, a whole lot of emotions in a couple of seconds.
Speaker 3: I think that's what.
Speaker 2: Really, it's that dopamine rush in your body.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not true, not true. It's it's that adrenaline and I don't know where it comes is coming from, but it's there. It's something that you can't even explain it to anyone. But you are just my friends. I remember the September events and my friends were like, so, we're gonna see you after again, after another one.
Speaker 6: So just at the nineteen hole. I'll find you when I come back. Okay.
Speaker 4: So they didn't understand, and I don't expect everyone to understand what golf is, but me inviting them is for for.
Speaker 5: Them to get comfortable.
Speaker 4: And you know, because of we friends, we support each other in terms of the DJ. If they do go to DJ and gigs, I do go with them, you know. So it's just one of the things we try and support each other as possible as we can. And I'm loving the sisterhood, the brotherhood that we as a family that we are building.
Speaker 6: As as as let's.
Speaker 2: Golf, yeah, no, one hundred percent. And I mean speaking of DJing, I do understand that there's something very distinct about Let's golf, and there's mainly balancing the structure of the game with a vibrant, laid back atmosphere. So I would like to get a bit of an understanding them from your side as the founder of Let's Golf, to say, obviously, like Tony alluded idea, there's a lot of rules around golf courses. There's there's a lot of principles that people would follow. So I want to get an understand them from your side to say, when Let's Golf, uh does events on the golf course, how how do they then find that perfect balance between the sport itself and other lifestyle related activities if I can put it where whether it be DJing, whether it be other fun activities that can be merged with golf.
Speaker 4: With us balancing the eighteenth hole, we try and challenge it with full on party atmosphere, right, And it's definitely a unique challenge because Let's Golf. We want Let's Golf to stand out. Golf traditionally has a quiet structure.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 4: And while the DJ with the DJs that we invite our friends, we are grateful to have such, you know, and it's driven they it's a driven event where we bring energies and we are becoming spontaneous, you know, with completely a different vibe.
Speaker 5: So the keys is.
Speaker 4: Designing the day so that both elements of both golf and the DJ dmerge, you know, and even one so even though we try and play soft music here and there when people are there, and then later on the nineteenth hole, people are there to dance and you know, and the music just flows where the DJ. We try and position the DJ elsewhere where it would it wouldn't disturb others because at that event we just have to be mindful of other people as well. So that's how we are looking at it, and it's it's it's it's working.
Speaker 6: Very nicely and we are enjoying it, and.
Speaker 4: We want to eat to truly make sure that people.
Speaker 6: Do enjoy the music they do enjoy And.
Speaker 4: Because of we take out flyers and say we have invited this DJ, we've invited this one, and you know the time slots. This one will come with a different gender and the other one will play deep house, and you know, it flows. It's just something that flows.
Speaker 5: And we really.
Speaker 6: Feeling the whole natural climates rather than.
Speaker 4: The wrong things that people always think when they when they think of golf.
Speaker 5: So I think that's where we are so yeah.
Speaker 4: And we we are loving it and they're the the end our and November event went very well, you know, and people were enjoying and with the DJ lineup, people were excited to be dancing at the golf club.
Speaker 5: So at the nineteen hole.
Speaker 2: And I think, well, for the most like, people will always reiterate that golf is more about networking and the congraderate. I think setting such an atmosphere also give them the comfort to say, listen that there is enough, say, safety precautions taken on the golf course, because many times people just go there to hit balls and play and then just talk to each other.
Speaker 3: There's number one.
Speaker 2: Number two, it's a metal of saying I am around people that I feel comfortable with. I mean, spending five hours with someone and you still don't feel safe with them, then you're the criminal.
Speaker 5: And listen, it's it's it's it's an open field.
Speaker 4: It's so you just have to engage and just you know, the energy you have to align. The energy is massive and yeah, and and then of the day you've got friends, you've exchanged numbers, and you are giving each other therapy. Somewhere somehow you are able to connect this one to the other.
Speaker 5: So that's how I look at it. So yeah, and if you don't enjoy.
Speaker 3: That, you are the problems, no hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Now, now just to go back to I will regress a bit when asking this, but I think just to touch.
Speaker 3: Base again on let's go, let's go business model. Right. You mentioned you mentioned that.
Speaker 2: On your golf days you also have golf clinics, right, and now I just want to get a clear understanding to say, what is the importance of having a golf clinic on your golf days? And without even leading anything, I would then say, you know what, you want to create more golfers so that your golf days are packed and full, and then more and more golfers keep on coming from your golf.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 4: You know what, at the end of the day, people are interested in this golf and some didn't know how to join in and they don't even know how to hold a club. So but with us introducing that, it's giving them hope that one day people will definitely play golf with us, you know.
Speaker 5: So it's more of breaking that thing that people thought it was.
Speaker 4: More of a stackup taper sports and it's not. It's just bringing people that you know, some people I know one of our friends Fifi now is going for her lessons after with after our our golf clinic. So you know, people are interested, and especially women are interested.
Speaker 5: But we we were scared.
Speaker 6: We just saw that it was a more male you know.
Speaker 4: So it's just one of those things where people are loving it and we are enjoying it and listen, some are just coming for the vibe obviously, but golf clinic has showed us that with the with the pro that is teaching them and showing them how and with the feedback that we get at the end of the day to say, you know what, I've enjoyed this and the guy was very caring and showing us how to do things, and yeah, and that's the obviously the feedback we want. But obviously some wouldn't give positive feedback. But we loving what we are getting and then we keep on learning every day.
Speaker 2: Now Here here here, here's what been picking up. I mean with regards to LESKOV And like I said, I love the model. I believe that the model on its own is a winner.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: So I've noticed that the fundamental building blocks of les GOV would be to incorporate the lifestyle elements or should I should I say the more relaxed elements of making a successful golf day two the more rigid structures that are usually being employed during golf days. So in essence, you you basically make people meet brands, and obviously certain brands would be viewed as not fitting to be in particular golf courses or would be uh looked over if people were to look for sponsorships. Now, I just want to get an understanding from your side to say, when you go out and six sponsorship, what what would be the critical things that you look for in the sponsorship and how would you then related to less Cow's entire business model to say that this particular sponsor or this particular brand, it's in line with what our core philosophy is.
Speaker 4: Let's call yes okay for number one, the logistics to say the honest truth, Tony. We strategize as possible as we can, you know, and we map out our placements so that the energy feels evenly disputed, especially.
Speaker 6: With the brands we bring on board.
Speaker 4: Like with alcohol, our con is loved and it makes us very calm and at the growth because of we've got sports with maybe a brand, a certain brand will wait for us at the certain hole and then they'll just.
Speaker 6: Give shorts, you know, we take pictures, we'll.
Speaker 4: Play music for two seconds, you know, and then with one of Lorial was one of our sponsors as well, is.
Speaker 6: One of our sponsors.
Speaker 4: Because of we have to give them the calendar, so they do we we mainly stay long in the sun, so we have approached them in terms of the sunscreens, you know.
Speaker 6: And so those are the kind of brands that we we go for.
Speaker 4: So the ones that will work hand in hand with us and they'll come and just check your skin, you know, and they'll just come on board and work with us throughout the day. So those are the kind of are the kind of brands we we we've invited and the car brands as well, you know, Toyota as well has has been on board and they've worked with us, you know, and that's what we are loving and would love more brands to come on board and showcase.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: It's just that sometimes it's short notice. And sometimes we even invited the Mayor and the Premier, but unfortunately because of the G twenty and other things that were online, they couldn't showcase but we believe that maybe we're hoping that next time when.
Speaker 6: We reopen in January, they'll.
Speaker 4: Come through because we just want them to come and enjoy and see how we are approaching.
Speaker 6: This whole golf days and you know, and we loving.
Speaker 4: The support as well from the political aspects.
Speaker 5: So we loving it.
Speaker 6: It's just that things didn't go according to the way we planned.
Speaker 5: We planned, but God decides so and unfortunately things didn't.
Speaker 4: Go according to the way we wanted. But it's a baby steps to share the on shoe.
Speaker 5: They are baby steps.
Speaker 4: We were getting communication from the office, but at the end of the day, things didn't go.
Speaker 5: So those are the kind of brands.
Speaker 4: Those are the kind of people we want to engage with, so that when we speak of let's golf, you know that all Lorial is on board or Toyota has been with them, you know, living So those are the kind of.
Speaker 6: Sponsors we we want on board and would.
Speaker 4: Love them to come back next year obviously. Again, so yeah, it's a very strategic one, but we've been and with the relationships we've been we've felt or were building like that is helping us to even bring more sponsors on board.
Speaker 5: So we loving that.
Speaker 3: Now. I really like that because I was actually going to ask you.
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously, in business, the whole concept is to build relationships and to maintain them over time and to make sure that they grow to be mutually beneficial for both parties. Now, with dept in mind, I just want to find out from from your end as less call, you've attracted very very impressive and big sponsors like you've mentioned, I mean the alcohol brains that you guys have attracted to your Goddace phenomeno, the likes, THEO, THEOTA is a very big brand. Now I want to understand from your side to say, okay, moving forward, you mentioned that your calendar will start the end of January, if I'm not mistaken, right, So moving forward, how do you then ensure that the foundation of the relationships that you guys have built thus far it's still intact and then you build onto it. Are there any particular aspects that you look into that relationship to say okay, Maybe you give them feedback of how the event went, and then you just keep on teasing them throughout to say, listen, don't forget, we're still here, and then we're looking to do more of days or more events and we would like you to partner with us, And obviously on that ends as well. All these brains, there is obviously some metrics that they would use to say we would like to part now with let's go on this particular basis.
Speaker 3: Now, with all of that being said, do.
Speaker 2: You ever find find or have you ever found yourself at a point where you know what the sponsor is a perfect fit for your brand, but just the certain conditions and the very crucial conditions are not what both parties would like.
Speaker 3: And how do you then maneuver around.
Speaker 6: It with certain brands?
Speaker 4: Obviously, for one, I've got someone at BMW. I'm just gonna give you an example. They couldn't sponsor as they are in the East End. They couldn't sponsor us in the West End. So those are the challenges we come across and the West the West Rand wouldn't understand or wouldn't see our vision as much as the East Rand would see us as a as a as a collective. So now it becomes a challenge because of they reject us. But we go knock elsewhere and say okay, fine from here onwards.
Speaker 5: This it's not like everybody will.
Speaker 6: Be on board with everything that you do.
Speaker 4: But whoever that is thing I always tell my friends, my close people, to say, we plan, but God decides and we choose, and He always chooses the people that he wants at your table, you know. And maybe it was not the time for those people to join, but they will see the vision later on and then come come on board. And I never saw myself working with Loreal, And now I see Nadia be like, Paul, give me this, you know, the calendar, and those are feedback I I love because of you know, to a point where we'll have coffee and love about certain things, and we became we've became friends, we've became family. So that's the kind of relationships that I'm building in life. And so if you if you don't have relationship management in life, in your life structure, then you don't have anything and you wouldn't know how to maneuver around the disappointments, the the the the disagreements and so on and so forth. So those are the things that we then and we try and go back to the drawing board and say, okay, fine, BM didn't agree on this one. How maybe if BM doesn't want to agree, let's go to push maybe, so those are the kind of we have to structure it in a different way, and yeah, maneuver around the the the disagreements and.
Speaker 6: We move forward.
Speaker 4: Hope that answers the question because I'm just trying to play around with the disappointments because of we haven't been throughout like we haven't seen that the disappointments as much as would run. Maybe next year when we go bigger, that's when we'll see how things maneuver around, how we maneuve around it.
Speaker 5: Because of as as Colney said.
Speaker 4: We trying to build up events with Liave Golf and I've got a meeting on Thursday, hoping the meeting will go well, but I'll tell you all about it as soon as I'm done meeting.
Speaker 5: And there with with the with.
Speaker 4: Them people that are meeting on Thursday, so that we are able to say, Okay, now we're knocking at the right door, and what are we doing with this one? Because of leave Golf is going to open doors for everyone that is interested in golf, So now we're trying to put our foot on the door as well. So that is going to be a big one for Let's golf.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent and I mean, if there's anything that I usually tell people. You mentioned the importance of relationships, and I believe every single relationship needs to be mutually beneficial. There needs to be a give take and it needs to be nurtured. Right now, I always I always tell people that golfers have big loving hearts, and I do standard let's Let's Golf is also giving back to the communities. If I'm not mistaken, you have partnered with a share of Hope Foundation there. Yeah, so if you can just tell us a bit more about the relationship and what it means to you guys as the founders of Let's Golf, to be able to give back to communities.
Speaker 4: Okay, with giving with giving back with this one, the last one, we were able to help one one family and it goes in spread because of the profit was not as we had hoped, but at least we were able to assist a bit with one family which was not in the in the yeah and the enery. Oh so, but now we are trying to build to say, we want to buy kids shoes, We want them to come back on board in learning golf because of now you like I grew up a proteu but go to groove people we're playing golf, and I didn't know at the time, but now I just want to bring back the kids to come play golf and.
Speaker 5: Give back to the communities.
Speaker 4: To say, whichever golf course we choose and the area around it will just go maybe give whatever sanitary pads or shoes and so on and so forth. That's the drive and the vision we have for let's golf. So with us working with you know and now the foundation, and it's more of us approaching it in giving back to the communities as well as much as we we play golf. Let's just try and give back where we can, and if not, let's try and maybe see.
Speaker 5: Them whenever we can. But let's not just promise.
Speaker 4: False hope, but work with who we can at the particular time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on percent, I really like that because you know, we were just having a quick conversation before the show started, myself employee, and we're like, you know what, the economy in golf is huge. It's just that people sometimes people do not know how to unlock it. And for you guys to be able to play a part in that economy and be able to give back to the community, I think that on its own is magic. And for other people to be able to support what you guys are doing and then say, you know what, as far as much as I don't really have the time to dedicate to perhaps act for a different particular course, I know that you guys have their intention and you've got the resources to actually act on my behalf, here's my support.
Speaker 3: I think it's very very beautiful.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 4: And I'd like to give shout outs as well to Kevin because he's been working the walk with us in this pace of Let's Golf, and our other partner call co founder saying, so we've been working hard in the background, and you know where people don't only see the golf days only see the beauty of it. You know there are fights and other things behind those doors. But at the end of the day, what we give back is amazing and the teamwork is amazing. And I'm grateful to be working with these gentlemen to say, okay, find they're holding my hand as a woman to say let's go. And I'm loving that because I will always say as a woman, because of I don't think most women were given the platform to be playing golf as much as we are now, you know, and with the women in golf and where now introduced me, it's amazing that we are still fixing each other's crowns. I wish we can just support each other as much as we support one another elsewhere. So we just have to walk the walk together all day every day.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm, no, one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: And with never in mind, I just wanna quickly tease your brain a bit to say, listen, uh, Let's golf. You mentioned that it's still in its infent stages, but it's done a couple of great events as far now looking forward, what what would you say would be the ultimate goal for for for the less gov movement? For you to say, now, if if that was to happen, whatever event it is, if it was to happen, then you'd say, you know what Let's GoF is doing things? What would all be your ultimate event?
Speaker 5: The build up event was leave golf.
Speaker 4: When that one happens, you will see who Let's Golf is. You know, we are very small currently, but our vision is bigger than us, and we walk the work with God all day every day, and with the energies aligning, I believe that live Golf will open so many doors for Let's Golf, and that's the only event that I can think of at the present moment because we've got bigger plans even that. The sponsors are the brands that I spoke about or refer to any art once a part of Let's Golf. So imagine when I say, when I go to them and say Jong and Mamelan, there's this brand that wants to work with us on this.
Speaker 5: I don't think they'll.
Speaker 4: They'll they'll refuse the you know, the brand coming on board.
Speaker 6: So it's just one of those things.
Speaker 4: And Live Golf is one thing that I've been I've been looking at and I pray that God opens this door.
Speaker 2: No, definitely, I mean the only thing that we have is hope and perseverance. So for as long as Let's Golf continues doing what they're doing, I believe.
Speaker 3: That the doors will be open.
Speaker 2: Amen, Now what I usually do on my show, Right, it's a pity that Tony is not here. Yeah, I believe that everyone deserves what do they call them the flowers? Right now, I'm going I'm going to put you on the spot. I'm going to ask you two questions, and the questions are very simple. I believe that they are experiential questions. I mean, the first one would be what has been your highlight ever since playing golf? Right on golf, of course, what has been your highlight personally? And then the second one would be a moment that you deem to be your most mourmish moment on the golf course.
Speaker 4: You know, my highlight is playing the first eighteen whole we stout, even hesitating. I don't want to lie, and and with the brands that have been on board, that's.
Speaker 5: My highlight for twenty twenty five. I don't want to lie.
Speaker 4: And to think that we only started this year and we got so much support.
Speaker 5: That's the highlight on its own.
Speaker 4: And teaming up with the with the team I have, I don't want to lie, that's the highlight. And the momentsh moment is the mayor and the premier not showing up and the ABC and that.
Speaker 5: That was for me a momish moment.
Speaker 4: But I will take that with a pinch of salt to say, you know what, at the end of the day, we plan, but he decides, and that's the moments one. And by the end of the day, because of we were looking with we're looking at some many things that were happening at the time and ournation, but it was a lot during those in October end of October, it was a lot, you know. And with the interviews and the twenty coming and the water in Joe work and all of that. So it was, it was, it was. It was a challenging moment for me because I literally took a week of because of I believed I was two stress.
Speaker 5: I didn't even go to the gym, Tony, That's.
Speaker 3: How stress that was.
Speaker 5: And yeah, it was. It was a moment.
Speaker 4: But at the end of the day, we learned every day and we move forward.
Speaker 2: And and if anything I can say is that the most important thing is planting the seat. Like you said, hopefully with the upcoming events they'll be able to come through and show the whole support. Hopefully the atmosphere around them or the environment around them would have relaxed a bit to allow them to come and experience less golf.
Speaker 6: True, not true, I believe. I believe so.
Speaker 4: And with with at least knocking at their door, at least they know who we are.
Speaker 6: We are now, you know.
Speaker 4: And it was challenging at the time, But now Tony, we've got you.
Speaker 6: I mean no, we'll never never say him and he will never say.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 5: Forward we go.
Speaker 6: So that's what, that's what, that's how we look at things.
Speaker 4: As I said earlier, when you wake up, you choose positive or negative, and you go for positivity all day, regardless how how how you struggling, how far you think you can go, but you still choose positivity.
Speaker 5: So that's where I am currently.
Speaker 2: No, definitely, that's that's all we can do is to remain positive. Now, it's a pity that you know what they say, time flights when you're having a good time. So wow, it's already an hour that we've been checking. But yeah, it just when it just when I think, I think the universe is just time to send the message to say no man, this these are the one Our interviews are not enough. We need to push into the whole day interview because they're not.
Speaker 6: They're not.
Speaker 4: And thank you so much from like, from you and your team for holding my hands throughout little little you.
Speaker 6: Know, and thank you for the for the for the for the.
Speaker 4: Invite, and you know, I'm loving this whole thing because of you know, I'm just here comfortable and talking two yours even I'm looking at you you and I.
Speaker 5: Even forgot that it's an our.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you know that that's where we are carried.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent.
Speaker 2: But before you leave, if I may ask you for a favor, because we've been talking about let's off, but I would really really like our audience as well to engage with Let's So if you can and share where they can get hold of you guys, whether it be on social media, any quantent details that they can reach out to you. I mean, potential brands could be out there to say, listen, we want to be involved with let's golf, or even individuals who want to be part of the movement perhaps if you can share the details with them.
Speaker 4: Okay, Currently we've got the email email yeah, yeah, yeah Sony, which is Sony h l O n I dot Machari m A t l h A r E at so way too and then g s O w E t O and then p O l O c U p dot c O dot z A so it's Tony dot Masari at soway to pollock up dot co dot j A. And then we've got an Instagram page, yeah, Let's golf, and the number if you want to call and find out more information about Let's Golf, and the number is zero seven two eight three nine seven three one four.
Speaker 6: So those are our contact details. Yeah, Let's Golf.
Speaker 2: Awesome stuff. Awesome stuff, ladies and gentlemen. So there you've heard it. That's our founders off Let's Golf. That's a former level and Tony Matari, Tony Matari who who unfortunately had to leave us for the second half because he's still driving from golf day in Blue contain.
Speaker 3: So no, definitely.
Speaker 2: I mean it's in the way of the it's in the name of the company itself.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 2: So every single thing is all about golf. If it's not about golf, please do not contact Tony. Let's make sure that we talk golf because with golf so many things can have happen. We build societies, we build communities, we build businesses, we make sure that we even build ourselves. Because the nice thing about golf is that it will humble you, just what everybody will say, and then it will teach you a newer version of yourself or a more improved version of yourself, because that thing will abuse you. But with that being said, ladies and gentlemen, please allow me to thank former label for joining us from less Golf and we look forward to more events from less Golf and all the best with Live Golf as well. I hope that everything works out because I would really really like to see as outh African based company interacting with the likes of Live Golf is Big, Live God is Beacon. It would be great to see a local familiar face to say that now these guys have made it so, so let's keep routing for let's go off and make sure that we support golf as a whole. If you've got friends, you've got family who you'd like to introduce to the sport. Please, guys, there's so many ways to reach out to the sport itself. We are here as bots and teas, we are a podcast and we do what we have to do when it comes to God. Go on to our website, chat to us if you want let's go contact details again.
Speaker 3: You can just.
Speaker 2: Give us a shout out on your on our social media platform as well. We will share with you and if you want to be a part of this podcast, please just highlight me. I will lately lately invite you and if you want to co host with me, you are more than welcome to listen.
Speaker 3: Guys, I like talking.
Speaker 2: To people, I like dealing with people, and I want people around me. So with that being said, ladies and gentlemen, this is the one and only Tony Tone, the magician, the ball with a lot of player. I am a classic man. You know what makes me classic because tomorrow I'm not going to work. And if you're waking tomorrow you have to do something. You need to do something with your life. You can continue going to work on triesday because Wednesday we play golf.
Speaker 3: Thursday we play, Friday we play Saturday.
Speaker 5: Golf is a for my God to.
Speaker 2: Jeez, please you you need to enjoy the sport. I mean you mentioned that next week you're already going to do two different provinces with gold. I mean, what's more beautiful.
Speaker 5: No, I'm ever scared.
Speaker 4: No, No, thank you, thank you so much. A tournament and it's been a great one. I didn't feel that it's an hour because we were I think because we're talking about something that we're having fun, having fun, you should be at one of the fairways at the nineteenth hour.
Speaker 2: No, most definitely will definitely make that happen. Like I said, I always have my microphone. The only thing that I would need to do is to sneak into someone's luggage back and make sure that I escort them to the nineteenth.
Speaker 6: Amen.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, and you must have yourself a lovely evening.
Speaker 6: Thank you and enjoy evening as well.
Speaker 5: All right, bye.
Speaker 2: Bye, Right, ladies and gentlemen, it is the end of our segment. As I said, if you're working on Thursday, I but if you're waking on Friday, then you definitely need to call Tony too, the magician. Let me make things happen. Let me help you structure your week in a different way so that you can continue playing golf. But I've had so much fun chatting to both Tony and from Les Golf and it's a beautiful thing that they do. And to make sure that they bring everything and everyone into the golf course, because golf is where we should all meet. So, ladies and gentlemen, Hea, this sauce a beautiful one. I'm signing out. Tony took amout