Speaker 1: Hello, it's the Minnesota goodbye, Bailey and I are doing it today?
Speaker 2: Who so not solo? Duo?
Speaker 3: Duo?
Speaker 4: Yeah, just think girls, we should probably talk about like ovulation and periods and crying.
Speaker 1: Everyone turns it off right away and like, okay, I'll listen when Dave's back. Nevermind, Well, we have lots of emails, so thanks to everyone who emailed, and we'll start with this one. They say, don't say my name. So longtime listener, first time writer. About a week away from our due date and we still haven't for sure picked out a name yet. We are down to three names and one name keeps coming up as a favorite, but are not really sure if it's a good name. Feel like there's a lot of pressure to choose a name, pressure anywhere from family and friends not liking it to kids bullying in the future.
Speaker 2: So here are the.
Speaker 1: Names Grayson, Body, and Maverick, with Maverick being one of our favorites. What do you think? How does one pick a good name? Would love a sticker available? So interesting? I don't have that experience. I don't think Bailey, you ever picked out a name besides well for your cat, for my cat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, gosh, I mean, honestly, if you like Maverick the best, then go with Maverick, because like mav is a cool is a cool nickname for Maverick.
Speaker 3: I assume it's a boy. Maybe it's not.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but I mean, I know a Grayson who's really smart. I know a handful of Grayson's, not a handful like two that I really like and enjoy. Grayson's a good name, good solid person body. I don't know any but that's a cool fucking name. I think it's neat. And then yeah, Maverick is cool. It reminds me of you know, top Gun. Granted, I doubt your kid is gonna get made fun of for top Gun because that's not really in their uh their wheelhouse as babies.
Speaker 1: Right, I was gonna say I I would go with what keeps coming up. If Maverick's what keeps coming up, I think you're good. I don't really foresee any of those names having like kids bullied them.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know how anyone would make fun of those. But I also am not a four year old kid.
Speaker 2: That bully body.
Speaker 4: Yeah, more like booty, you know, And I mean that's it's weird because like, regardless of their name, it's this is sad, little more bid, but it's likely they'll get bullied anyway for whatever their name is. I mean, my name is Bailey, and people would call me broccoli and then laugh about it, and I'm like, what what is happening. It's not even it's not like my name is like butt cheeks or something.
Speaker 3: So I don't really know.
Speaker 4: In that vein, I say like, once it comes out, then you'll know, yeah, because sometimes people are like, yes, I'm held up, I'm it's Maverick on and that's cool, like awesome that you have, like you know, the decision and this is the one that you want, you want to go with. But then the second it comes out, you'll be like, this isn't a Maverick. Yeah, And that happens to people all the time. I like, my sister had two names and she was like, well, it's gonna be one of these, and I'll find out when I see your face.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah for sure. Okay, Well thanks for that one, and we'll move on to this. This says, Hey, Jenny and Bailey, it's Cyrus again. I was listening to the Minnesota Goodbye where you guys had been reading messages from a listener's group chat about the morning show. With that, a possible show idea dawned on me. What if you guys made a Dave Ryan show Discord. I assume most of you know nothing about Discord, correct, However, based on Bailey being a diehard D and D player, I'm guessing she.
Speaker 3: Does, I know a lot about Discord.
Speaker 1: And he goes on to kind of describe what Discord is like. You can have a general chat channel bot moderators are available to filter out language and stuff like that. Uh, And then it says I could be completely wrong or over my head, but I just thought it could be a fun way for both of us, the listeners and you guys to expand and grow into an even closer knit community.
Speaker 2: Love you guys.
Speaker 1: And I actually only know about Discord because of Drake, because Drake is such a big namer. So I learned what Discord was.
Speaker 4: And I always refused to join Drake's Discord because I knew would be a bunch of weird dudes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you do? What do you use Discord for?
Speaker 4: We The first time I started using Discord was in twenty twenty when obviously like everything shut down and I coach a high school speech team and we needed to somehow stay connected because speech wasn't like it didn't go away, it was just virtual. So we created a discord page so that we could all like communicate with each other. And it also like practice because you can do like video audio channels and so it would be kind of like you could zoom in different like channels on the discord page.
Speaker 3: But it was essentially just like a message board.
Speaker 4: And I mean I was super into message boards in like, you know, middle school, so I was like, oh, this is second nature here, and now I have them for yeah, like different Twitch streams or my D and D group has it. I'd say, like the only thing with making a discord because I think, like, yeah, that's a good idea. It's very like community based, and it totally makes sense in order to you know, like you know, create a community and all be in one place so we can communicate. The only thing is that sometimes you cannot guarantee that it's going to go well because I'm in some discords that like it was started with like the best intentions in order to create you know, some community community, but if people aren't like posting on it regularly, then it just becomes like a weird little ghost land.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I feel like there's definitely like a learning curve or like an age curve with discord, where like any of our listeners who are maybe like over forty seven would be like no, pure right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's a great idea. So thanks for sending that along. Way I wrote it down, Yeah, we'll definitely consider it. I think there's just so many avenues of things that we try to get like a connection with, whether it's Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, like so many things that it's it's really hard to add another one in, Like now there's the new social media platform that's trying to take over Twitter, Blue Sky. Yeah, and it's like, sure, did I start a username? Honestly, I did it based off of my website, not off of radio, because I tried to just get Jenny, and of course I was taken right away, and I was like, man, I thought I was like before that, I thought before everyone and I wasn't.
Speaker 2: But anyways, but we'll consider it.
Speaker 1: Okay, next email says, Hi, my name is Haley, and I just wanted to write into comment on Jenny and how she talked about being pressured to get married and have kids. First of all, I want to say, Jenny, you seem like such a kind, genuine, and thoughtful person. You are all so much fun to listen to. That's very sweet.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I wanted to share my thoughts and experiences on being a mother. I feel like women don't talk about the difficult parts of motherhood enough. Being a mom is crazy. I have three year old twins, oh my gosh, and it's stressful, chaotic, overwhelming, and exhausting. Sometimes it feels lonely. I work as a nurse thirty hours a week, and that's all I can handle at this point in my life, since my husband works such long hours, which leaves me with most of the responsibilities at home. As much as I love my kids, sometimes I wish I could work more. I really admire a stay at home moms because I truly believe that is the hardest job in the world and it requires tons of patience. I love my kids so much, I wouldn't trade them for the world. They are so much fun. But I will say I understand more so now that I have kids, why people choose not to have them. Shit's scary, she says. Your life is not your life anymore. It is consumed by tiny beans. One thing I enjoy doing for myself is working out. It's definitely harder to find the time to exercise when you have kids. I managed to make it a priority, but sometimes I feel selfish for doing so. I always knew I wanted to be a mom. I struggled to get pregnant when my husband and I first started trying. While I was struggling trying to conceive, someone said to me, if it doesn't work out for you to have children, I want you to know there are so many other things in life that make it wonderful and fulfilling. Also, kids are cute when they're little, but sometimes they grow up to be a holes and who wants to deal with that. This was something I desperately needed to hear at that point in my life, so I thought i'd share it with you, Jenny. I hope you know that whatever you decide to do with your life and your body, you are more than enough just the way you are. Best wishes to you, Haley. I'm going to say that one more time. When someone said to her, just in case anyone else needs to hear it. It says, if it doesn't work out for you to have children, I want you to know there are so many other things in life that would that make it wonderful and fulfilling. Also, kids are cute when they're little, but sometimes they grow up to be a holes and who wants to deal with that? So maybe someone else needed to hear that today because that's nice. Well, thank you, Haley. That is that's nice of you to email and about that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's super valid too, because I feel like that all the time, where I'm like, Okay, if I don't have kids in my life, well I still have well, I still have value, which I think is a thing that all women worry about. Yeah, but I really like my life the way it is, So if I had a kid, my life would definitely change. And people are like, oh, if you have kids, like, your life doesn't have to change. It will just like alter a lie little bit, it'll shift or whatever, but you can still be the person you want to be. And I'm like, no, because I've seen my friends have kids and I've known them in one way and now I know them in a different way, and your life changes if you go, go go, then your life slows down because you're forced to slow down.
Speaker 3: So like, that's not what I want to.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I trust me, Bailly and I both like you have a niece and I have a niece and nephew, and you know, I've grown up like babysitting in stude. I love kids. I don't get me wrong, I love kids. I just don't know for sure still if it's for me. So anyways, it's just.
Speaker 3: Such a weird thing to have to think about all.
Speaker 1: It is a weird thing, and it sucks for I think a lot of women who don't have that innate maternal desire because your society does expect that from women, I think, whereas like they don't expect it as much from men. Obviously, they expect you to be a good dad if you guys decide to have kids, but it's just not questioned as much with men.
Speaker 2: So okay.
Speaker 1: Here is another one, says Hey g sang Lucas again, writing in you guys were talking about tipping for servers, and it brought up another thing that the service industry scarred me for life.
Speaker 2: This one is for Jenny.
Speaker 1: I used to work in the service industry, from server to bartender to bar manager. My question to you, Jenny is how bad do you analyze a restaurant? From customer service, cleanliness, timing of food, receiving drinks, et cetera.
Speaker 2: To answer your question, Lucas.
Speaker 1: I would say that I actually I might judge of like what's happening, but I also give so much grace. I guess you could say, yeah, just because I have had really bad days where I've had to go in and put a smile on my face and work for that damn tip. And I probably wasn't the greatest server, but you know there are days also where someone is so slammed and they just like can't get to I just had a server nightmare last night. Actually, and I don't know why that shit still happens to me, but it does. Was like the most intense work nightmares I still get.
Speaker 2: It's wild.
Speaker 1: I couldn't like get my socks on, to put my shoes on to start my shift. That was what was happening. I was like in the Bubba Gump's kitchen. So anyways, I would say that I do analyze it. I give a lot of grace though, but yeah, you're right. I am curious when someone doesn't greet the table for like fiveish minutes, because I was under the like you greet within like sixty seconds kind of mindset. So anyways, this person, Lucas, keeps going on saying, I can say ever since I got out of serving back in twenty fifteen, I now sell appliances. Hope your fridge is going well. I helped you in the store that day you came in last year to buy one. Oh thank you, Lucas. Yeah, I got a new fridge from Warner Stallion last year and he was very, very helpful. I rarely ever want to go out to eat anymore, he says. The moment I step in anywhere, I see how dirty tables are, then see if anyone is not being helped. Then get to how long does it take for someone to greet us? So I've chosen to sacrifice the heat of my food and do takeout rather than sit there and analyze everything. Don't get me wrong, It's not all places are dirty or dysfunctional. But I even see if the server will keep our drinks filled and also bus our tables, if we show we're doing it, if we show we're done with something, I know this is much more analytical to most people, but being in the industry for a long time did some shit to me.
Speaker 2: Any who keep up the great content, I have more to send.
Speaker 1: And if emails are light, lickety dart dart lick right. And that comes from Lucas. Lucas, you are a critic. You are a critic of the service industry, and I love it.
Speaker 4: I mean, at least somebody's got to be so Lucas is here to step up. I did not work in the service industry, but I did work in retail, and I feel like that walking into any store if someone doesn't go hello, yeah, like are you kidding me? Right?
Speaker 3: Who is anyone here? Or like stand at the counter.
Speaker 2: And wait and you're like ignored it and stuff.
Speaker 1: I will tell you I have been going to the same Caribou to get coffee since I moved into my house three years ago. It's the same one whatever. I go on Friday mornings to treat myself and I don't really care. It's early in the morning. Some people aren't morning people. They got stuck on that shift. It is what it is. And usually people like don't even say anything to me because I order a head, grab my drink, and I walk out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, there's like a new guy who's been working there the last few months. And I always say good morning no matter what, even if nobody responds to yeah. And today he looked at my drink to say my name and everything, and like, I think he's recognizing that I come in every Friday.
Speaker 2: Now and he's like, well, like, how's your day, Like have a great day?
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh man, you aren't my new favorite person here on Friday mornings.
Speaker 3: It doesn't take that much, right, right.
Speaker 1: Another one comes in from our good friend Charise. It says, hi, Jenny and Bailey, it's Charise, and I need some advice against my better judgment. I listened to my best friend and put myself back on a dating site. I have had a few guys contact me and ghost me within a couple of days. Classic I did finally meet one guy in person, and we've hung out a few times already. He's nice and funny and sweet to me. The only issue is he's always tired from work. It's kind of hard to make plans with him because he's always so tired after work. He immediately passes out when he gets home. I don't think he's seen anyone else. But I could be wrong, but I just don't get that vibe from him. He's a full time delivery driver by the way. I like him and would love to keep seeing him, but I don't know about the always being exhausted. I keep asking myself, is this really worth it? Or should I just cut my losses before I get too attached. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Speaker 2: Thank you. What do you think, Bailey Man?
Speaker 4: I gosh, if he's always exhausted, obviously, if you've only gone on a handful of dates with him, like, what's another few dates? Because like you don't have to marry him, it's early on, so like i'd say see it through just like a little bit longer. But if he's like like constantly exhausted and that's going to, like, you know, color your relationship for the rest of time, ugh, I would not be into it. I feel like having energy, like when you're with someone that you're supposed to be interested in, is so important. Like if I show up to your house to go on a date and you're not excited to see me, why the hell am I there? So I totally gets you there, but I mean there's time for him to turn around. I mean, yeah, I feel like it'd be weird to be like, hey, do you take a nap today? Maybe you should, Hey, I bought you some Celsius energy drink or whatever.
Speaker 3: But like, if he's into you, he should be awake for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how I feel, Jenny, how do you think I.
Speaker 2: Agree to an extent?
Speaker 1: But also, since we do mornings, I am a tired girl in the afternoon, right, but I make listen. I can't speak for delivery drivers because they work like twelve hour shifts sometimes, like they work really long shifts, and so I know that it's exhausting and they're doing like physical work. I sit my ass on a chair and talk to the microphone.
Speaker 2: You know, big difference.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there, Physically we don't work hard, but mentally it, yes, we work a little bit harder.
Speaker 2: Well, not harder, we work hard mentally, yes.
Speaker 1: So I would say, like, I've definitely been that tired person in a really before, but I make an effort to you know, get my nap in or do what I can to make sure that when I'm hanging out with that person, I'm going to be like up.
Speaker 2: And bubbly and whatever bank your sea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I don't know, maybe there's some solution that maybe he gets a quick little nap and before you guys hang out and then he's got more energy. But I would say if it's a constant, like this is what Dave says, you can either bring energy into a room or suck it out. Yeah, and if you're constantly hanging out with him and he feels like an energy suck because he's so tired, Yeah, then that might that's just not fun. And we know Scheries. She is such a lovely kind right, and she's always smiling and stuff. So it's like you want someone who mimics your personality to an extent because.
Speaker 4: If you're the only one bringing the energy, then like that's that's exhausting for you.
Speaker 3: So then you'll end up leaving after all these.
Speaker 4: Dates being like, oh man, yeah, I had to bring so much to that.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's what that's what I would think he needs to rally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, we'll just do one more then we're going to wrap it up for today. But I know we have more we'll get to next week and Vant will be here next week with us. Dave's going to be off for the week because he is in Colorado to celebrate Thanksgiving with his spam. So this says, Hey, guys, I'll skip all the details because it would take a novel to explain, but cut into the chase. I am in a position where I need to choose between the safe, comfortable, nice guy or the toxic, fun bad guy.
Speaker 2: A couple of things to note.
Speaker 1: Nice guy is exactly that nice, but boring in every other aspect.
Speaker 3: This is the juiciest thing I've ever ready.
Speaker 1: The risky guy is hot, so good in bed, passionate fun, but we fight and are clearly so toxic together.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I am so.
Speaker 1: Torn on what to do, and I am going to hurt someone either way.
Speaker 2: It's awful.
Speaker 1: Any advice is much appreciated. I don't know if they want their name out there, so I'll just leave it at that. Oh my god, I'll just go ahead and say neither.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I get the hot, good in bed whatever guy.
Speaker 3: I had one of.
Speaker 1: Those one times, and the moment I found out he was a fuck boy, I was like, cool, then I'm gonna do the same thing back to you, And honestly, in the end, I realized that that's all he was, was like a good lay and I used him for that and he used me for that, and it worked out great for both of us. And eventually I fell off because I was like, you give me nothing really, just like being good in bed wasn't enough for me anymore.
Speaker 2: So anyways, he eventually fell in love with me. I'm just kidding, but we did.
Speaker 1: We would we would run into each other like out every once in a while, and and it was such a shift of like, you know, it used to be like we'd hook up, we'd go our separate ways, and then like when he'd run into me, he'd like want to like stay the night and like and I was like, bro, what are we doing? This is not like get out of my apartment, you know. So anyways, I feel like the good in bed thing's gonna get Honestly, that'll get boring eventually.
Speaker 2: If he's toxic, he's only gonna maybe that's no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And the nice guy, that's great that he's nice, but if he's born in every other aspect that's not fun either.
Speaker 2: I don't know anything else.
Speaker 3: I would pick neither because same kind of vibe.
Speaker 4: Like I when I lived in Florida forever ago, back when I was young.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was literally the hottest dude ever. Lost my virginity of that guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was so hot, like the same kind of vibe that you're telling, passionate whatever.
Speaker 3: But we would fight all the time.
Speaker 4: But I was like, well, this is this is what I get, though, Yay, but man, he sucked, And so I like looking back on it, and I feel like, if you jump like ten years into the future, are you with this dude who is like mean or you know who that you fight with all the time, even if he's hot, or are you like me and you're looking back.
Speaker 3: On it being like that guy sucked. Same with the boring guy.
Speaker 4: Like I've dated plenty of boring dudes where I just think, well, I guess this is what I get.
Speaker 3: And it's kind of the same.
Speaker 4: You're in the same spot with both of them, Like, well, I guess this is what I get. Either I get this guy who I fight with, or I get this guy who's boring as hell.
Speaker 3: Pick neither. Yeah neither.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I get a best of both world situations hand one time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, like I said, I'm not going to say their name, but I guess keep us posted lot of know what, what happens, what you decided to do. Uh we love some relationship durrama. Yes, okay, Well, thank you for your emails today once again. Next week it'll be Bailey vanton myself, so Monday through Wednesday and then we are off for the holiday. So send your emails into Ryan's show at ktibb dot com and thank you for listening.