Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Pictures Media Radio. Welcome to Policy and Rights, the show about the government, policy and human rights. Come on, all right, Welcome back to Policy and Right Certain Depictions Media Radio. I'm your host, Michael Clarks. Okay, if you are here in Canada as we are, you know about the railway dispute, the Teamsters versus Teamsters union versus the railways themselves have come to an impasse and slow downs have begun and numerous things are actually going to be affected. Well, let's be to you simply in simple terms. First that we all know that our economy is based on supply versus demand, and of course, having lots of consumers in Canada, there is lots of demand. Well, the supply chains because a lot of things are delivered to us either via well here's how the supply chain works. Things come via rail into Canada and are brought to us by brought to the stores by truck. So if there is an interruption in either the trucks or the railways, that supply becomes shortened. That we start to see shortages happening on the shelves in our stores. And that because supplies, supplies are diminished prices go up. So we're already seeing a lot of inflation, which is pretty apparent that the federal liberal government doesn't want to do anything about it, and with their backup with with the federal MDPs.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: There's a whole lot of talk, but not a whole lot of action about how to fix inflation in Canada right now. Okay, So now we have the railways being disrupted by a dispute between the union and the owners of the railways themselves, the corporations. Well, that means that supply is going to be diminished, which means that our prices at the store are going to go up. So we as a consumer and the average citizen in Canada, actually we have a direct stake in seeing that the dispute gets fixed quickly, because the longer the dispute goes on, the higher the prices at the store are actually going to go. And the only people that are really going to benefit from all this isn't the railway workers. The team starts kind of that's shaky ground. Well, but the corporations that are actually run the railways and the stores are the only ones that are actually going to see any benefit from this. We the people of Canada are are going to experience more hardship, higher prices, so we do need to see some action taken on this. You're going to hear a couple of clips. One our wonderful Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau is going to say say a few things about it. And we're also going to hear from Christy Clark. Sorry not Christy Clark, Christia Friedlin as she speaks to the press and gets asked some questions about the railway things. Okay, Well, with that being said, here is a there's a report in the in the Guardian today the union dispute shut down Canadian freight rail amid spheres of for US trade both Canada, both Canada's major rail freight companies, have shut down their rail rail networks in the country and locked out nearly twenty thousand. Oh sorry, there would be ten thousand workers after an unsuccessful negotiation with a major union. That major union, of course, being the Teamsters. The decision concerned, confirmed by the team Stretch union, set the stage for unprecedented rail stoppage that would badly damage the Canadian economy and have a significant effect on cross border trade with the United States. Canada is the world's second largest country by area and relies heavily on rail transport. The stoppage is expected to cripple shipments of grain, potash, and coal, while also slowing the transport of petroleum products, chemicals and vehicles. The industry groups had urged Justin Trudeau's liberal government to prevent the stoppage, noting Canada's railway transport is in Canadian dollars. Okay, uh, I forgot. I'm reading the Guardian, so it's actually reporting this in pounds, so in British pounds. There they they listed in in British pounds. But we're talking. This is a big, a multi billion dollar industry that if crippled, shuts down the ability to supply us with goods, the ability for those who for our economy who need to transport goods out of the country into the United States to to our neighbors to the south. It cripples that. I can tell you for a fact that being in the town that we live in, that that the rail railway system run straight through our town headed for the state of Washington, carrying goods and bringing goods back. So all that is crippled right now. And what it basically means for US Canadians is higher prices and more demand for goods to be on our store shelves. And again we're leading back to Justin Trudeau. He makes a very weak statement about what it is that the Liberal government can and is willing to do about it, which means that they could actually be profiting from the fact that this is going to slow everything down. There could be some profit in there for them. We never know, because hell, Justin Trudeau has been known to benefit from things that we never thought where it was possible. Okay, so we're gonna hear here about that today. We're also going to here other other announcements that Christia Freeland has made about programs the federal federal programs that that they are pushing forward with carbon capture and how that is going to affect the Alberta economy and affect jobs with with oil and and things that didn't make Alberta thrive. So why don't we push forward? And we're going to hear from Justin Trudeau as he makes some comments about the railway disruption, and we'll hear from other things such as we need more confidence in our government because well, transparency is key if the government expressed us to trust them, they have to be transparent with the people about what is actually going on. They have to tell tell us, tell us the people what is going on so we understand what they are actually trying to do, so that we can either go with them or vote against them and find other officials that we can that we will vote for to do the job we need them to do. So let's push forward, and we're going to start with Justin Trudeau talking about the railway m yea.
Speaker 3: Industry for cit on the prep rush it can because pressure luminis that are completely du party just can't. The usual zoop consumer Travai more message a Trackli sit down later, the Durkoti, the Pharaoh, Travai in the troveing resolution Alata, the Nigo Yation in the Million, the Canadians, the Travaia, the agrink retire down, trapriz he Con poor fire, Horuly, economic and Asian Laban Vasson.
Speaker 4: Regarding the realm negotiations, this is an issue that we are following extremely closely and moving forward on in every way we can. The Minister was just meeting with the two sides yesterday. He continues to be in Calgary working on this. My message is very straightforward. It is in the best interest of both sides to continue doing the hard work at the table to find a negotiated resolution. Millions of Canadians, workers of farmers, of businesses right across the country are counting on both sides to do the work and get to a resolution.
Speaker 1: Okay, So now we have comments and an announcement from Christia Friedland, Finance Minister about investing in Canada, in Canada's growth and reduction of greenhouse gases and emissions while supporting jobs in Alberta. And she also the recording is actually from Saskatchewan as she was speaking there also on similar topics. And she also uh will answer questions about the railway union and what the Liberal government is or is not going to be doing about it. So more from from her statements in Alberta, though she is also also said some things about what happened in Jasper and what the federal government is going to do about that. She says exactly this, I like to recognize and acknowledge Working Kitchen, the young firefighter who lost his life while battling the wildfires in Jasper. He served Alberton's tremendously bravely and I think we all feel his loss and extent consolences to his family. So she makes a statement about that, and she also is also making a statement about Calgary last December with some people here to announce a two hundred million dollar investment in Entropy by the Canada Growth Fund. So why don't we listen to what Christia Friedland actually says in Saskatchewan.
Speaker 2: Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 5: I'm Mark Lemonin. I'm the executive director of Alberta's Industrial Heartland Association. Our association represents five municipalities, the City of Edmonton, City of Fort Saskatchewan, Strathcona, Sturgeon and Lamont Counties. And we're very pleased today to be here at Shell Scotford, and I want to express my appreciation to the team at Shell and at the Scotford site for hosting us. We know that hosting us is in addition to all of your regular duties, so appreciate you taking the time out of your day to host us.
Speaker 2: Behind me, I have with us, I have.
Speaker 5: Our chair, Reeve Dave de Duke. He's the Reeve of Lamont County, as well as counselor Parks. He's a councilor with Strathcona County and we're very pleased here to be having a discussion with a Deputy Prime Minister ad Minister of Finance, christiph Freeland, having a conversation around the competitive advantage is here in Alberta in the industrial heartland, and how federal supports for large scale decarbonization projects like carbon capture and storage a key component of being able to advance investment in this part of the world, in particular here in Alberta. You know, we travel the world talking to companies around advancing large scale projects, and companies look at a variety of jurisdictions and they compare Alberta's industrial heartland to other jurisdictions and so being able to demonstrate support at all levels of government and being able to demonstrate competitiveness and a lot of that stems from government supports such as investment tax credits. That's a key component to advancing projects in this region. So we're absolutely thrilled to be able to welcome Deputy Prime Minister Christian Freeland. With that, I would like to introduce the honorable Christian Freeland and thank you very much for your time here today.
Speaker 6: Okay, thanks a lot, mark. I'm going to give you a hot.
Speaker 7: You don't need the staff, but I do.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, okay.
Speaker 7: Reuni su.
Speaker 3: Laberta.
Speaker 7: I do also want to take a moment to express our government support and my personal support and heartache about the wildfires that have devastated Jasper and other parts of Alberta this summer. I think, uh, I know that Jasper uh really is one of Alberta's crown jewels, one of Canada's crown jewels. So many of us have very special memories of moments in our lives in Jasper and camping and hiking around there. Uh, And it's touched so many people. I want to especially thank the first responders who are working so hard, who put their lives on the line to keep their neighbors safe. I'd like us all to acknowledge Morgan Kitchen, the young firefighter who lost his life while battling the wildfires in Jasper. He served Alberton's and Canadians with tremendous bravery. His loss is deeply felt, and our hearts go out to.
Speaker 8: His friends and family.
Speaker 7: Okay, well, I am here today in Alberta's industrial Heartland at the Scotford Complex to celebrate the new Polaris carbon capture and I think we can see just over there it's being built and the Atlan Carbon Storage project hubs. I'd like to thank Mark Plamondon, who introduced me. I'd like to thank Reeve Dave Luc from Alberta's Industrial Heartland Association, as well as Counselor Robert Parks of Strathcona County for being here.
Speaker 2: With me today.
Speaker 7: Most of all, though, I really want to start with a shout out to some of the people who are standing behind the cameras, the amazing people here who are doing the work building this cutting edge, best in the world project. I met when we were touring Polaris and seeing what is being built there. I met Kathy, she's a young chemical engineer, and I met Scott. He works with her. He started out he's a little bit older. He started out as an operator and is now one of the leaders of this project. And Kathy said something that I thought was really true and very touching that she is so proud to be working on a project which is leading the whole world.
Speaker 6: And that's true.
Speaker 2: She should be proud.
Speaker 7: I am proud of her. I'm proud of everyone here who is working on this. You guys are really at the cutting edge internationally. One of the people giving me the tour said, here, we're not just talking about carbon capture. We are doing it. You have been doing it for ten years. You are taking the next step now. This is tremendously important for Alberta and for Canada. I have met a lot of people here who know that, who are out of the work they do every day, and I just want to start by saying, we are all proud of you, we are grateful to you, and our country really needs to celebrate the work being done here. So Shell Scotford is one of North America's most efficient and modern hydrocarbon processing sites. It supports thousands of good jobs in oil and gas and petrochemicals. It also contributes to reducing Canada's emissions. The new Polaris project will capture approximately six hundred and fifty thousand tons of carbon dioxide, and the locally elected officials and I talked about how we need to be translating that into the number, the equivalent of the number of cars it takes off the road. This is a really big deal. It will capture those six hundred and fifty thousand tons of carbon dioxide annually from the Shell Scotford Refinery and Chemicals complex, and the Atlas project, which is a partnership between Shell and at Co Enpower, will permanently store this captured carbon underground. And I want to emphasize something here, which is we are incredibly lucky here in Alberta with our geological formations. We are fortunate to have probably the world's best geological formations when it comes to storing captured carbon. That is a competitive advantage which is hugely beneficial to Alberta. It is hugely beneficial to Canada, and it's important for us to celebrate and recognize that too. Operations for both projects are expected to begin towards the end of twenty twenty eight. They're already building them now. Together they will create up to two thousand jobs and help Canada, our country meet its net zero targets. I am really proud that these projects have been made possible financially by our government's Carbon Capture, Utilization and Storage Investment tax credit. That credit received Royal assent in June, and it helps companies like Shell lower their emissions by offsetting the cost of implementing CCUS technology. This makes their products more competitive in global markets because our most important trading partners, including the US and the EU, are taking serious climate action. Those tax credits are the foundation for the amazing work the people here at Shell are doing the great jobs that we see right now building this historic project. Schell knows how important this is because they have been a leader in this space for a decade. The Quest Carbon Capture and Storage Facility has been safely capturing and storing carbon since twenty fifteen. And Scott and Cathy, who I told you about. Scott was one of the guys who got Quest off the ground. He's excited to be building Polaris. Cathy worked on Quest and now she's building Polaris. Natreserri du credi dmpol investisment di catre d'entres millon de do lars at un pierre anguelaire duplant economic do not guvernmon Our investment tax credits are all ready working to give businesses like Shell the certainty and the support they need to make historic investments in Canada that create great jobs while reducing our emissions. At the same time, we're also supporting Canadian workers and good paying jobs in Canada by linking many of our investment tax credits to labor requirements. That gives businesses and employers an added incentive to pay a prevailing union wage and to create apprenticeship opportunities. And we have the evidence to prove it. In this last year alone, Canada has welcomed investments by other major companies like Strathcona Resources, another CCUS project, Honda, and not too far from here.
Speaker 1: Doubt all of these.
Speaker 7: Projects will support thousands and thousands of good paying jobs across Canada. Pluto sete gatri deno si se credi deempo al investisment on En Sri.
Speaker 6: Du sertitulease Key.
Speaker 7: And vestiree demie a solavestisment o Canada. Yesterday we had some really positive economic news that further supports investment in Canada, that further supports the Canadian economy. Inflation in Canada in July fell to a forty month low of two point five percent, that is down from two point seven percent in June. Inflation has now been within the Bank of Canada's target range for seven months in a row, and wages have outpaced inflation for the past eighteen months. LU Canada Ie LU Premier Pey Doug set reduir letore A, LU Premier peydugiset A, lufer Indusian foix la di minuecion de la flacion la de mineuec do A falling inflation, falling interest rates, big investment announcements like the project we're highlighting today. These are all proof points that our government's economic plan, our government's fiscally responsible economic plan, is delivering for hardworking Albert's, for hardworking Canadians. We're creating jobs for today and jobs for tomorrow. Now is the time to make major investments in Canada, in Alberta, to get big projects built, like the amazing project that the people who are here with us are building right now. So let me just say thanks to Gain for your work. I would love to see that two hundred foot tower hauled here. You're doing something remarkable, You're doing something historic. I'm grateful to you, I'm proud of you, and I'm happy to answer your questions. Thank you.
Speaker 1: I need one qui point's in gift. Gift was just no, yeah, yeah, one question follow gay.
Speaker 9: Your name in Michelle Bellefontaine, CBC. What is your department expecting or forecasting in terms of the economic impact of a complete rail stoppage and what kind of a contingency plans are underway.
Speaker 7: Uh, thank you for the question. Uh, and let me just start by saying, Canada is a trading nation. We make a lot of great things that we sell to the world, and we should be proud of that. And our railways are an essential way that we get our goods to market. Canada and the Canadian economy have been through some really tough times since COVID first hit. We had lockdowns, then we had shortages, then we had high inflation, then we had high interest rates. We are now truly starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, with inflation back within the Bank of Canada's target range for seven months and interest rates having come down twice. It is entirely unacceptable for anyone to get in the way of that economic progress that we have all been making, and that has been so hard fought and so hard one. So I want to take the opportunity that your question presents to say to the parties, to say to the companies, to say to the union, we are expecting you to work really, really hard, to negotiate in good faith, to negotiate with real energy and intensity, and to get a deal done. Your customers expect that your customers employees expect that. The farmers who I saw on my way here swathing, they expect that. The people who work here, they expect that Canada and Canadians expect that. So we know the best deals are reached at the negotiating table. We are expecting the parties to roll up their sleeves and get a deal done asap.
Speaker 9: That's my follow up though, I mean, how patient can the government afford to be with these okay negotiations given the economic consequences, And I'm wondering if you can tell us what kind of contingency plans the government has.
Speaker 7: Our plan is for the parties to listen to Canadians, listen to their neighbors, listen to their friends, to recognize that it is totally unacceptable for us as a country to sabotage ourselves.
Speaker 3: Right now.
Speaker 7: We have been through a lot, We have made so much progress with our economy, and Canadians from coast to coast to coast are depending on the employers are depending on the union to get a deal done, and to get it done with alacrity.
Speaker 10: Emmaniel Gristovitch hadri janda your impact economy plant or redfinally sector economics.
Speaker 7: Mercy question, Uh, look Canada, it's un economy exporter know some in economy new some im pay keep rod a key export demon for the solar certain prisons do not repay h like again you can again economy can I yet are you the more more the period deficive h on a you look ovid on a you apress solar lace and land flasco on a lutto director e lev two sola a threat for deficive like and again it can again a voir economic and again raise young a en voi no land flacion don la f s blue the bank to Canada for simoet avoir luto director di minuet sisson de bon.
Speaker 8: Park a.
Speaker 7: Complete more n accept doubler conne don't la bonv la bon direction economic say complete more in accept, doubler d'avoire in grev key pour retred deficive pour like and again it can again pour to not economy a rest four la prie said you dear oh entre price or company or san Dica Wu deve Hava thread t Reford Fret Trevitt knows avantulpe are as when do you not com.
Speaker 10: You the known burse you cad sectalic transport Canada you call them you you make in santue yet Fred that I can more eatactly dar Canada command with XP to say conflict as the conflict cabai those the sectorat amount people Italic transp.
Speaker 7: Not to go there, no more a go there, no more chi compend lampportance, the Sandca lampportance, uh you movement san di car the credit dample urn sete important on Donald say credit dampo davoire on credit dample a les salaer le tra lets have annu on part cross economic la prite said Dave. Were the bon trava the bnpay the bond travais on BNP A new confrain on lamportance, the Sandca on ava sula me Donald momot ho su trouve le consequence economic dune grev remo remo serriu fortuvus part opel could j D to meet no les company lu san Dica is not in tree responsibility fast Can I yet? Can I yet I druve Unaco conclude.
Speaker 11: Trevitt, next question, So much for taking our questions. Aaron SEUSI with the Canadian Press.
Speaker 7: As my can you say your name again?
Speaker 11: It's hard to hear it's not from Aaron Seusa, Canadian Press. Uh So, as my colleagues had pointed out, you know, the clock is starting to tick with the potential work savage with the rail lines, you know, and as you've already pointed out, it's expected of a big impact on Canadians. The federal government has stepped in in these cases before. I'm wondering what will it take before the federal government and considers legislating an end to the stoppage.
Speaker 6: So let me just say that end the stoppage.
Speaker 7: So let me just say this. My colleague, Steve McKinnon, the Minister of Labor, is very seized of this issue, as is the whole government. He has been working very very hard on it, talking to the employers, talking to the union. He's been in Montreal today, he's in Calgary and he's going to be meeting with the premier this afternoon. We take this situation incredibly seriously. We know that the best deals are reached at the bargaining table, and I am calling with extreme seriousness on the employers and on the union to roll up their sleeves to get a deal done. And it's not just me who's count on them. Every single Canadian is counting on them. Their customers are counting on them, their cus customers, employees are counting on them. The hard working farmers in the fields around us, they are counting on them. The people at show are counting on them. So I want them to recognize the country has no patience with dilly dallying right now. They can achieve a deal. They need to get a deal done. They need to take their responsibility seriously.
Speaker 11: As as my follow up to that, you know what would you say then, to the small businesses, the Canadians companies in general, who are going to be impacted by struggles with backlogs, with this kind of work stoppage.
Speaker 7: I would say, let's as a country be united in sending a very clear message to the companies and to the union it is not acceptable for us to do this act of self harm to the Canadian economy. You have the responsibility to get a deal done. We are expecting you to rise to that responsibility. And get a deal done. Thank you great long time for one more question in Jeanie Gestim.
Speaker 12: Good morning, Minister Charles Taylor with Global Defensionministered. With this potential rail stoppage looming, and just recently we saw port strikes cost the economy of billions of dollars, how can you tell international trading partners Canda is a reliable place for business when labor disputes keep disrupting the flow of goods.
Speaker 7: Canada is an extremely reliable place for business. Canada is an outstanding investment destination. And look, it's my job to say that, and I say it with utter belief and confidence. But guess what. Investors agree with me, and they are coming and they are talking with their checks. This Polaris project is a huge investment on the part of Shell. Not too far from here, Dow has made a historic investment, their biggest investment ever in North America. We've had major investments from Honda, major investments from VW. This is a moment actually, when the world is recognizing the Canadian advantage, whether that advantage is in our geological formations or are incredibly smart, innovative, hardworking people. I agree with you, though, right now Canada is really moving in the right direction economically. We've had inflation and within the Bank of Canada's target range for seven months. Interest rates have come down twice in a row. We have major, major, foreign investment pouring into our country and we simply cannot afford, We cannot tolerate a self inflicted wound. And that's why I am saying, you know, with real seriousness to the companies and to the Union, your country is counting on you. Your friends, your neighbors, your relatives, every single one of them needs you to do your job, take your responsibility seriously and get a deal.
Speaker 12: Follow up, Minister, The Canadian Chemical Association says cities at best have only two weeks of chemicals to treat drinking water, which can only be transported by rail. Will your government commit to any of the labor dispute before there are issues.
Speaker 2: With drinking water?
Speaker 7: Again, Charles, thank you for the question. I take this situation extremely seriously. So does our whole government. Steve McKinnon, our Labor Minister, is working really twenty four to seven on this. We know the best deals are reached at the bargaining table, and we know whose responsibility it is to get a deal. It's the responsibility of the companies. It's the responsibility of the union. Your questions are important, and your questions are the questions every single person in Canada is asking. I want the employers. I want the unions to hear us. I want them to roll up their sleeves to recognize Canadians need them to get this done, to reach a deal so we can keep on moving forward.
Speaker 2: Okay, So.
Speaker 1: Groups hold a news conference on government and media transparency. This was actually held in Ottawa August nineteenth. Chris Weisdorth, co co founder and director of the nonprofit Concerned Constituents of Canada and Kelly and Wolf CEO of the Canadian Democratic Defense Association. They held a news conference in Ottawa to discuss the democratic checks and balances, media influence and LGBDQ education laws. And they are also joined by Kareem ted Ross. So let's hear what they actually have to say about government transparency because we all know that the government and in the also the government manipulates the corporate media into reporting what they want the public to hear and not what is actually happening. That they try to try to use these things to manipulate us, the people of Canada, into reacting a certain way so that so that they can make more profits, find more money, hide more from from the public, and all the while keep certain certain groups and certain certain issues suppressed. So let's hear what this group actually has to say.
Speaker 13: Hello, my name is Chris Weisdorff. I'm a layman, a regular person, and I'm in finance. I've assisted I've assisted people in the law as a non legal professional, as someone who's not a licenseee, not a lawyer, not a paralegal, without any formal legal training. I would like to talk today briefly about the law and the state of law in Canada. Unfortunately, the state of law in Canada over the past four and a half years has been in shambles.
Speaker 2: It's been in.
Speaker 13: The first one is the erosion of the separation of powers and division of powers to different concepts, which directly threatens our democracy, specifically checks and balances on the government. The separation of powers is something I think we've all heard about it at some point. We've all learned about it in school. It is the powers that are distributed between the legislative, executive, and judicial branches of government. This separation of powers was determined by various legal philosophers over the centuries. It was incorporated in the United States Constitution, and before they actually incorporated it, there was the Constitutional Convention. So back in seventeen eighty eight, quite some time ago, there was a discussion on this substantial one, and it's called the Federalists Number forty sevens the Federalist papers that gave rise to the Constitution and its tenth first ten amendments, And in there they described the separation of powers as I just did, and they said that the concentration of power in any one branch of government is not only indistinguishable from tyranny, but is the very definition of tyranny. And I would submit today that that is exactly what we've had over the past four and a half years governments at all branches municipal. With respect to Counselor Robinson has experienced that where executive power has run amok, they are allowed to subvert rights in terms of Charter rights as well as rights under the Human Rights Code, and have abused their powers in doing so. Unfortunately, no court has yet sided with that viewpoint that I did so repeatedly, and that unfortunately has concentrated all power into the executive branch with respect to public health, but certainly with other matters as well, especially freedom of opinion, thought, belief, and expression, which is guaranteed under our Charter Rights and Freedoms as well as the Canadian Bill of Rights. Federally, there's also the division of powers, which is the division between federal and provincial powers. So in the Constitution, certain things are under federal other things are under provincial, lots under unprovincial. What they've done is municipal and provincial governments have turned municipal by law and or provincial offenses regulatory offenses. They actually turned them into hardcore criminal offenses. This occurred with Adams and Barbecue, that is, Adam Skelly and his defiance and not shutting his restaurant down in November twenty twenty defines the lockdowns, defines the public health orders as well as we would see later more than a year later, with the Convoy escalating parking infractions and noise infractions, which would ordinarily be punishable under municipal by law into criminal charges. And this continues to happen with respect to public nuisance or common nuisance would be respect to public health. But common nuisance is the criminal charge as well as obstruction pursuant to, as I said, municipal or provincial law, which the Supreme Court outlawed back in nineteen ninety three in a case called Sharma. This, as I said, threatens directly our democratic institutions and their checks and balances, and especially confidence therein. The second point is regarding systemic abuse of judicial notice, which undermines natural and fundamental justice and the integrity of our legal system. There's a specific definition of judicial notice. There's a Supreme Court case called Fined in two thousand and one at paragraph forty eight.
Speaker 2: It is as such.
Speaker 13: It says, a court may properly take judicial notice of facts that are either one so notorious or generally accepted is to not be the subject to debate among reasonable persons, or two capable of immediate and accurate demonstration by resort to readily accessible sources of indisputal accuracy. Unfortunately, this is being used to an extent that I never would have thought to challenge additional notice. This is evidence that is brought into the court by the judges themselves, and it is something that has undermined confidence in our courts because evidence that it was duly brought into the courts has not been actually properly assessed or decided upon. The final point is regarding the government's blatant disregard for the law, using what I would say are flagrantly illegal means to enforce legislation and bypassing parliamentary oversight. This is something that is I've mentioned it quite a few times. It seems to have been adopted in some respects, but people don't understand the plethora of rights that we have in this country, especially in Ontario. There are so many different rights, so many different laws, like the Healthcare Consent Act and laws with respect to the alth Per Protection and Promotion Act rights in there, as well as many other statutory rights that we have in addition to the Charter of Rights and the Canadian Bill of Rights. At a federal level, these various mechanisms have been hijacked or outright disregarded. As they said, blatantly and flagrantly disregarded by a government. The most flagrant abuses I've seen are under the Quarantine Act Federal Quarantine Act with respect to testing simple testing Under the Quarantine Act, as Section fourteen, testing may not enter into the traveler's body. That Section fourteen subsection one of the Quarantine Acts. Subsection two allows one the right of refusal of the testing of the screening. So many people were convicted as a result of asserting that right, even though it is right there in the Quarantine Act. Various courts again this is provincial court, but various justices of the Peace have held and unfortunately we're not appealed until I assisted someone in their appeal to Milani Fernando that anything actually occurred. People were either convicted or they entered into plea bargains where they were they agreed to be convicted for a lesser fine. On June twenty sixth, the rv. Fernando appeal was decided by Provincial Provincial Court Justice Monaghan and Section fourteen was upheld and the conviction was struck as being unsustainable and Section fourteen was held to be in a paramount to the order which said that one must test no matter what. So testing was decided to be illegal in terms of sustaining a conviction and provincial court. So this is something where the government has really run a foul of the law. Is right there in plain English. Section fourteen, in addition to the requirements to produce certificates of designation that's under the Quarantine Act, under the Provincial Offenses Act in Ontario, as well as under the Contraventions Act. They continue to abuse their powers. This conduct is plainly wrong, in bad faith and abuse of power, and as I said, it continues to go on. And I simply demand accountability, transparency and adherence to the rule of law as is written by the legislatures and the Parliament of Canada. I invite everyone to simply join me in defending our constitution and democratic institutions. And most people are not lawyers, one should still make it an attempt to know the rights in the law and to exercise them. I would certainly ask that anyone who's had experience is positive or negative regarding the Quarantine Actor, the Emergency Management, Civil Protection Actor, the reopening on Charior Actor, anything else, to contact me my availabilities in the press release. I would also say, because these have far reaching implications for Canada's future, to in general promote exercise and absolutely not stand for any type of abuse of power. I will end with a quote from eighteen fifty eight from the Great Frederick Douglas, who was a slave and became a freeman. He said, this power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did, and it never will find out just what any people will quietly submit to. And you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them. And these will continue till they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: I do not see any questions from the media, so oh, go ahead, but I'm just I'm.
Speaker 13: Just seeing if there's If there are, I don't I don't believe there any questions.
Speaker 2: If there are, I'm certainly all ears. Okay, don't see any questions from the media at the moment. Thank you, Good evening.
Speaker 8: My name is Kareem Tadros. I am here as a concerned parent to speak about very serious issue that affects our children in Canada.
Speaker 2: But I do not speak alone.
Speaker 8: I speak also on behalf of the tens of thousands of parents from my city in the Greater Toronto area, as well as the hundreds of thousands of parents across Ontario and even the million parents across the rest of our great nation. I can speak confidently about these numbers because these were the parents who came together and coordinated and communicated and pulled off what we now know as the million person march that took place last year on September twentieth. Mainstream media downplayed the size and significance of this event, but as one of the organizers, I saw videos of the mass amount of parents who came together to voice their concerns about radical Indoctrine Nation taking place in our school systems. These parents came together and they showed up because they are fed up, and they are so fed up that millions more have joined this movement and will be participating again this year on Friday, September twentieth, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Some have made the.
Speaker 8: Effort to deliberately distort the message of these parents that came together and to discredit the voices. So I'm here to make it clear and eliminate any confusion about what these efforts signified. We are not homophobic, we are not transphobic, and we are not anti LGBTQ. The proof can be found in the very vocal detransitioners and members of the Pride community who stood by and joined us in this movement as well. Our message to reiterate so that it is never twisted again in the media is very clear. We stand firmly against the deliberate wave of radical sexualization of children that is becoming very commonplace in Canada, not just in our education.
Speaker 2: System, but in Nadian culture as well.
Speaker 8: We stand against the deliberate effort to radicalize and normalize this throughout education. We stand against public nudity in public spaces and at family events. We stand firmly against the endangerment of women and children in shared bathrooms and changing rooms. We stand for the rights of parents to have a say in their children's education and to raise them according to their values and their beliefs. These are not children of the state, and parents do have a right to be involved in the decisions that concern their children. We will not stand by while our children are force fed radical and dangerous ideologies. They do not align with our values, and they do not align with our God given right to raise our children in the way that we see fit. If religion must be stripped and removed from the public education system, then so too must be radical ideologies. As it currently stands, a multitude of laws and criminal codes are being violated every day throughout the education system. That's why I've reached out this morning to the new Minister of Education, Jill Dunlop. Parents across Ontario welcome her and we look forward to this as a hopeful step to take the parents concerned seriously and not to make the same mistakes as the past administration. Similarly, many parents, volunteers and organizations who are part of this growing movement. We'll be contacting ministries of education across the nation. We remind them that the public school system exists to serve the communities and its families, and if these schools no longer service the communities in which they stand, then it is our job to make sure that we reform them and we rebuild them. Otherwise we leave the schools and find other alternatives. This year, we have seen one of the largest declines in classroom attendance. We've seen a very large increase in parent teachers resigning from positions in the public education system. We've identified and cataloged many violations in the public school system, which will expose the faculties to endless lawsuits.
Speaker 2: If parents' voices won't be heard.
Speaker 8: These classrooms will be emptied until our leaders are ready to listen to parents. We will also hold elected and appointed officials accountable for their contractual obligation to ensure the safety.
Speaker 2: Of the communities that they represent.
Speaker 8: This year, we have seen very serious violations of human rights and criminal code not being upheld. If our voices are not being heard when public nudity goes rampant at so called pride family events and in front of children the watchful eye of the police. If voices are not being heard and the police do not take action to uphold the law, then how can they maintain the faith of the community in them. When we marched on September twentieth and called on parents across the nation to join us, we were met with open violations, including allowing counter protests to dominate these spaces and smother our constitutional rights to protest.
Speaker 2: Hate speech.
Speaker 8: Laws were violated that went out and called parents as hateful bigots from every level of administration, including school boards, ministries of education, mayors, city councilors, and even our nation's leaders. When millions of parents take to the streets again on Friday September, the twentieth this year, from coast to coast, we stand firmly in our belief that we do not oppress anyone else's beliefs. We do not condemn anyone's lifestyle, even if we may not agree with it. We maintain that it is our freedom as a diverse nation that is rich in culture, that we can disagree but still exist unified in peace and with respect for one another. And that includes the respect for families and their God given rights to protect and raise their children. We call on our leaders to do the right thing and restore the faith of our communities by finding the courage to stand out and speak up and uphold the law and to fight for the.
Speaker 2: Innocence of Canada's children. Thank you, any questions?
Speaker 6: Okay, Hello Canada. My name is Kelly Ann wolf Find, the CEO of the Canadian Democratic Defense Association. We are an internationally recognized NGO slash CSO who advocates for people in Canada when they don't feel that they're being represented. Today at probably one of the last outlets in our entire country of which I'm thankful for Here at SEAPAC, we got to hear from a counselor who is being absolutely degraded, insulted and even assaulted within government by other government officials. Where is the Minister of Municipal Affairs. I would like to know. Why hasn't the Minister of Municipal Affairs interjected? Why is a council member in any level of government allowed to talk about putting a knife in the back of another councilor and twisting it slowly, or beheading their own mayor, and yet he remains in office. This is what is becoming of our beautiful country. A society only ever ends up with the sort of condition that it asks for.
Speaker 2: This is a fact.
Speaker 6: Look around, and who's to blame. I give credit to CPAC because it is a free and open press. That's why someone like me, who can be very controversial, is able to stand up here and talk and it's broadcast. So I praise and thank you and you are an example. However, to the rest of the mainstream media out there, who is responsible for spreading misinformation, lies, propaganda and infusing racism into our population, Look what is happening to our country. Look to every Canadian out there. I want to tell you something. As somebody with twenty five years of international human and civil rights who has been around the world, and then some Out of two billion Muslim people, only zero point one percent are radical. The highest population of Muslim people live in Indionesia. Out of seventeen to a debatable twenty six countries in the Middle East, only four are Muslim. Now, I want you to think about that when you're watching the propaganda that implements into your minds that these people are terrorists, they are not. To the Palestinian protesters in Canada, your protests have been infested and infiltrated. And make no mistake, these infestations and infiltrations consist of people who are called astroturfers that's a term, who are paid by foreign and domestic governments in order to paint a narrative upon you. And the less that you confront those who are radical within, the more guilty you look. So take my advice and tighten up with respect to the law when it comes to the ideologies in this country. Section eighty three dot zero one, Bracket B Bracket AII of the Criminal Code of Canada states anyone in Canada in a seat of public authority who incites, supports, endorses, coerces, or otherwise any ideology upon the public is committing a domestic act of terrorism. So I would like to ask our wonderful justice system and every member of our Supreme Court, where are you? Because everything that has happened to this country in the last ten years has been ideological. This is how great nations fall. They replace principles with ideologies, and this is why people are always the ones responsible for the society and the conditions they end up in. A government's role is not to manage the people of the country, it is to manage their interests in affairs. Do you want to know why they were able to come and mandate experimental vaccines into your bodies because you allow them to intrude upon you when it comes to things like abortion. A government has no business in your body, your bedroom, or teaching your children about sexual positions or even preferences. Your preference is your business, nobody else's. No one has the right to discriminate against you for it, but you don't have the right to shove it down anyone else's throat. Enough, we have so many people across this country that work in government who really truly mean to serve the people. But your cowards, I'll be the first person to say it. As a lifetime activist, I will be the first to tell you that an activist's first physician is to enforce the laws when they're not being enforced. Because of these actions myself, I gained the support of members of the judiciary, lawyers across Canada police forces, and thank God for that. But I'm here to tell you all today that this is all going to fall down. Last time I was here was February sixteenth of this year, and I presented an introduction to a campaign where we are creating a blockchain voting model that comes with referendums and recalls that will put the policies in the hands of the people permanently and remove them from the intrusion of foreign and corporate entities. It will limit government down to nothing more than a representative body and remove the political ideologies of which are partisan politics. Every one of you are liberal and conservative, and all of you in various tis degrees. These political philosophies applied become ideological, and they are invented and imposed for the purpose of division. Because if they can't divide you, they can't control you. And this is a fact, and to every member of Parliament. This is what we've become. Why is it that Christia Friedland gets caught and called out by by Larry Brock, Mister Larry Brock for stealing twenty five million dollars of our tax money, resides over two ministries and has not been removed from the House of Commons. Why is it that Anthony house Father can preside over a foreign lobby and still be the secretary to our national treasurer. Is this the Canada that we all thought we had? This is going to change right now. We have been collecting independence across Canada and thank goodness, Nova Scotia is in the lead. We've got all fifty five independent candidates ready to go. So good luck to your political parties, because it's time for the people to take their authority that belongs to them, of which they can mission you all to manage, of which you are clearly incapable of, and put it back into the hands of the people. For more information on this, you can visit we are the Change dot ca A or Evolve Blockchain dot io. That's all I got for today.
Speaker 2: Any questions.
Speaker 1: The show has been produced by Depictions Media. Please contact us at depictions dot Media for more information,