Speaker 1: Today, I want to tell you about a journey that I've been on for most of my life. Ever since I was a kid, I've heard tales of bigfoot and wild men while spending time with my friends and family. As I grew older and read more about the paranormal, my interest in encryptids and other things strange only deepened. That's why I'm so excited to share with you what I've personally become involved with the Untold Radio Network. The Untold Radio Network is a live streaming podcast network that airs a new show every day across all podcast platforms, YouTube, and more. They have eight different shows on all sorts of exciting topics such as bigfoot, cryptids, UFOs, aliens, and much more. I even have my own show called Weird Encounters, where I talk about all things strange. This is more than just a podcast network. It's a community that allows me to meet so many amazing people who share their stories and experiences with strange. If you're interested in hearing more of these stories and learning more about the paranormal and encryptids, make sure you check out the Untold Radio Network for all kinds of exciting shows. It's free to subscribe. So what are you waiting for visit www dot untold radionetwork dot com today.
Speaker 2: Now, what are your reporting? I got a screen going on here. Something just kid with my dog, something to kill your dog? My dog. We're flying through there over the tree. I don't know how it did it? Okay, Damn, I'm really confused. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence and name was dead once you hit the grill. I didn't see any cars. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence. Sat, what are you reporting? We got some wonder or something crawling around out here? Did you see what it was? It was enough out here looking. I'm new to one down now and I don't need anything. I don't want to go outside. Hello, hit the Boddy out here? Quote on out there? I thought of a bet about nine. I don't know easy ann ount there. Yeah, I'm walking right headyo.
Speaker 1: He there, and thanks so much for joining me for this show. This episode is featuring another one of those guest appearances I did over on a show several months back. It was in the beginning of the year. I was over on with inquiries of our reality on Open Minds Media on YouTube. As per usual, I started off talking about some of my experiences and some of the things that you guys have heard me talk about before. But I did get into some things later on in the interview that I don't normally talk about, So there are some new things if you want to skip through some of the things in the beginning that you've heard me say before. We do get into some conversations about the things I think you would find interesting. That said, make sure you're back here. On Friday, I had a wonderful conversation with Christopher Noel, best known probably to you guys as the guy who filmed the quote unquote Porcupine Bigfoot video, and he famously or infamously came up with the possibility, at least in his mind, that Bigfoot may be some sort of autistic savann. He's written a couple of books about that. We certainly get into that, we talk about the video and the interview. It was a really cool conversation I think you guys will really enjoy On Friday, and make sure you're back here on Sunday. I'm going to post another interview I did quite a while back over on apocalyptic Anomalies. Another great conversation over there, I think you guys will enjoy. And again, I did get into some things that I normally don't talk about during the interview, so you'll get a little bit of the same old, same old, but a lot more of the things that you haven't heard me talk about before. So hopefully you will enjoy those. And we'll be back to regularly scheduled programming next week when we return from our trip up to Georgia. So without further ado, all that's left for you to do is sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.
Speaker 3: Please welcome to the show researcher, author and podcaster Brian King Shark. How's it going today, Man.
Speaker 1: I am good man, I'm glad to be here.
Speaker 3: Absolute pleasure to have you on the show.
Speaker 1: So here we are. Man, I am glad to be here. I'm glad to have the invite. I'm always down for conversations and that's what I live for, So.
Speaker 3: I guess a good spot to start before we get into the meat and potatoes the conversation. I always like to play the ground work with people. So for anybody that may not be familiar with who you are, what you do your podcast, I want you to let him know a little bit about yourself and a little bit about your background.
Speaker 1: Sure. I guess the thing to start with is I spent sixteen years in law enforcement. That's a thing that stays with you throughout and it's been one of those things that I've had to monitor as I went into podcasting, because I didn't want to be that guy interviewing people that was interrogating his guests. At least I had to step outside my comfort zone and say, Okay, I don't want to be the guy who's interrogating folks. And I left that. In twenty sixteen, we decided to buy some properties. We left Georgia ended up in North Carolina on forty acres of property that I hoped might have some Bigfoot activity. I have to be honest, it has it disappointed to this point. We live in a four hundred square foot tiny house out in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of the woods, which sounds like a nightmare to some people. To me, it's living the dream.
Speaker 3: Sounds like peace, man, I'm jealous.
Speaker 1: It is definitely peaceful out here, man, It's definitely peaceful. But outside of that, I guess the next big thing would be after leaving law enforcement, I worked some odd jobs here and there. I was working in retail at a shitty job that I really hated, working fifty hours a week, driving two hours a day round trip to a job that I hated, managing fifty people. I was dying inside man and I wanted to do something different. And I've always been into music. I was a singer. I was in bands from my teenage years on through most of my adulthood. And I like to perform. I like to work with audio. I like to talk to people. I was looking for something. I really was into Bigfoot. I wanted to talk to people who had experiences with bigfoot, particularly in the southeastern United States, where I was born and raised. A friend of mine turned me onto a podcast a couple of years ago. I listened to the first couple of episodes of an encounters based podcast. I was hooked with the stories. I was hooked with people saying that they had experiences with this eight nine foot tall bipedal homtid in North America. I was fascinated with how many stories there were, where the stories were coming from. I wanted to start talking to people in Georgia, in Tennessee, in Florida, and the Carolinas, where I was born and raised that had those kind of experiences, because at least I was one of those people that thought of Bigfoot. And you think about the Pacific Northwest, right, you think of Patty. It's got to be Bluff Creek in California and anywhere up in the Pacific Northwest area for there to be a Bigfoot. But people were experiencing those things in the southeastern United States. I knew that because I grew up as a child hearing those stories in the area that I was living in at the time, which was North Georgia, and there was story everywhere about people running into these big, hairy creatures. They called him wild man, wooly man, harry Man, sasquatching. Bigfoot wasn't really in the nomenclature back then. It beasts in that area. I was fascinated with that. I wanted to talk to people, so I started a podcast. I can always record these people talking to me, because I was really just doing it for me. I wanted to have those conversations for me so I could hear from these people what their experiences were, and then I wanted to compare them to where I was hearing experiences and the places to see if there were correlations or if anything crossed over. And sure enough, I got into some Facebook groups. I probably joined five hundred Facebook groups and got into everything Bigfoot, and I just started putting it out there, just a casting call. Hey, if you've had an experience of Bigfoot, and you're in North Carolina or South Carolina or Georgia or Tennessee or Florida, or basically anywhere, just reach out to me. I want to talk to you. Started recording the show on my phone. Sounded horrible, It was horrible. I had no idea how to podcast, I had no idea what I was doing. But I was talking to people. That was the main thing. So I started talking to people, inner viewing them, recording the interviews, and I started putting out the episodes. I think I posted the first episode of Sasquatch Odyssey back its February of twenty twenty one. People, of course, weren't listening. It was a brand new podcast that nobody had ever heard of. You look at your numbers and you had thirty downloads in a week, and think, I didn't really get into this for people to listen to it. I just got into it for me and I kept putting the episodes out, and I don't know, probably three months in, I get an email from Wes Germer at Sasquatch Chronicles saying, hey, man, I listened to your show. The show's good, but your audio sucks, so let me help you with your audio. I was like, okay, that was the first podcast I ever listened to. I'm I going to say no, of course not. We got on the phone and Wes helped me with some equipment. I ordered the board that he uses I'm still using it to this day, a microphone. He spent hours on the phone helping me set it up and dial it in. It changed the audio of the show literally overnight. It went from amateur hour to wow, this actually sounds like a podcast. And then people started People were already listening. I had a pretty decent following three months in. She's doing a couple of thousand downloads a month. At that point. It was the next year, March of twenty twenty two, I left my full time job and I started podcasting full time and I haven't looked back. I've been podcasting full time now for ash Go a little over two years. Bigfoot just sucks You in it's like any other crypto. It really is everything I do every single day, whether I'm in the woods on my property, I'm writing a book or interviewing somebody or doing a speaking gig. It's literally carried me around the world. At this point, I'm doing a speaking gig next month in the United Kingdom.
Speaker 3: Well, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Who thought I would ever be in the United Kingdom if talking about Bigfoot as a headline speaker with Jeff Meldrum. You could have never told me that was even in the cards for me back then when I first started getting into this. But it really the best decision I ever made was at that point as a podcaster. And there's probably somebody listening right now who has done a podcast or is into podcasting. That gets to the point where if you've monetized your show, you get to a point where I was teetering on I'm almost replacing my income that I'm making this crappy job that I hate, but I'm just not there yet. If I just had enough time to spend on the craft of podcasting, I think I could make enough money doing this to pay my bills and live comfortably. So finally, I said screw it. I'm just gonna quit my job. I've got to devote full time. I gave myself three months. My better half was phenomenal and said, just go for it. You're passionate about it, You're doing a great job. People love the show. Just quit your job. We've got enough money in the bank to last three months. Just do it and see if it works. Fortunately for me, it worked, and I've never had to go back to working a real job. I just get to podcast and talk about Bigfoot and do speaking gigs and write books about Bigfoot. It's been phenomenal. That's a little bit about the story. That's the short version of how I got to the point where I'm at now. LN props for being able to podcast full time. I'm slowly on the cloud and being able to do that myself. Once you get into something like this, man, it becomes like it's your passion, not so much like a job. You have no problem investigating researching this stuff all the time. And like you said, podcasting in general, cryptids in general, they just become your life at a certain point, and once you get to that point, there's no looking back. Like you feel like if you just stop doing the podcast or you just stop researching this stuff. You'd almost feel like missing a part of yourself at a certain point. Yeah, I definitely couldn't do it. I could not go back. I've said it so many times. I would have to find something in and around this kind of thing, whether it be podcasting or researching full time. It's a hard road to hoe to be a full time researcher. They're very few full time researchers. I think one of the only ones that I know personally is Todd Standing that has been able to do it. Have my opinions about Todd, but I give him props because he does what he loves to do. It's his full time job. He is a full time Bigfoot researcher. Say what you want about him. As I said, I've got my own opinions about Todd, but he's doing it, and it's very difficult to make a living doing this, and there's plenty of people that look down on you. I have a lot of haters, just like other podcasters who do this full time. They really hate the fact that you make money off of something they feel like you shouldn't be making money off of I've got to know the podcast called That Bigfoot Podcast that I host with Wayne, my co host, and we've done entire shows about the business of bigfoot. I'll go down any road you want to go down. But it's something that I'm passionate about because there's so many people that get pissed off for people doing television shows where they make money on bigfoot, or they write a book and make a couple of books about Bigfoot, or they charge people to take them out in the woods, very much like Todd does on his expeditions, Like, look, if somebody is willing to pay you thirty five hundred dollars to come out and spend seven days in the woods and look for Bigfoot, what's the problem with that? Right, it's a free country. It is capitalism. People have the ability to do that. I don't charge anybody for any of my shows. All of my shows are one hundred percent free to everybody. I do have memberships where people can get things early and they can get ad free shows. But everything I've ever done, as far as a podcast, has been put out for the mass for free. They may have to sit through some ads. We have programmatic ads. That's how we pay our bills and liveried ads. But the show has always been and will continue to be free. I got off on the tangent. Sorry, oh you're good man.
Speaker 3: We can definitely get into the business of Bigfoot, because I didn't even want to throw in the idea that a lot of people don't realize it with the podcast just because they listen to it every week. They enjoy it and stuff, but they don't actually realize how much is actually going on behind the scenes, that you're spending late nights setting up editing, setting up things with guests. It's not even like trying to be rude about shying to collect money for It's just a matter of if you had an artist that's made these beautiful paintings, like the person would expect to hopefully make something for their time and effort instead of just giving it all away for free. I mean it's the same with podcasting, because I see it as it's like an art form. You work up really hard on it, so everybody deserves to get paid for their work realistically. But I definitely, like I said, I want to get into the whole business a Bigfoot thing like you were just mentioning, and I definitely want to make sure that we have time to get into your book and get into some of your sasquatch experiences. So I guess, whatever road you want to lead it down first, I'm here to follow.
Speaker 1: Man, let's go back down to I guess we can get the experienced stuff out of the way. There hasn't been a ton of experiences. The first experience I believe I had with the sasquatch was when I was around twelve years old. I was hunting in the woods where we lived in northwest Georgia. I didn't see anything, but I was out in the woods in an area I hadn't been in before. And I get into this area and I immediately have that feeling that everybody talks about, where the hair on the back of my neck stood up, the hair on my arm stood up, and I felt like, I'm not supposed to be here. I need to be in another place other than here right now. And then I heard something crashing through the woods. It sounded by pedal, and in retrospect, I've said it so many times now. I didn't know what a bluff charge was back then because I was twelve and I was poor, and we didn't have much television. So I didn't see what a bluff charge was by washing animal planet or whatever the case may be, back then, But now I know it to be what sounds like a bluff charge. This thing is coming ten to twelve feet away from me in the scruff in the brush, just outside my field of vision. I think it was bluff charging me. I heard huffs, growls, grunts. It was nothing that I could identify, and still to this day can't identify. It wasn't a deer, It wasn't anything that I would know would exist in those woods at the time that I had experienced, but I know it terrified me. I was stuck in that spot. I think I wrote about it in the book, and I described it as feeling like my legs were wooden steaks that were stuck into the ground. I couldn't move. This thing never got any closer than probably ten or twelve feet, but I could tell whatever it was pissed off and I needed to be out of there. So the fight or flight finally kicked in and my legs started working again, and I turned around and hauled, asked the six or seven eight hundred yards back to the house, jumped over the barb boar our fence. I was okay, I'm safe, I'm back in the yard. And I went inside and my mom was inside, and I didn't tell her what had happened. I didn't know how to describe what had happened. What am I going to say? Something sounded like a bulldozer coming through the woods, huffing and gruffing and growl and shitd have been like, yeah, whatever, dude, I didn't know what to say. I didn't tell her about it. I didn't tell my mom about that experience. I think until probably four years ago. Maybe she was like, I never knew that happened in that house. I was like, yeah, there was a lot going on in that house. I had some really weird paranormal experiences, ghost experiences in that same house. I heard talking, I heard scratching on the walls, just a really heavy, sort of demonic kind of feeling. And we knew that the people who had lived in that house before us had been into devil worship. It was a small town, like we didn't even have a caution light. Everybody knew everybody, and everybody knew everybody's business. These two brothers that were the sons of the guy that we were renting the house from We knew that they were into devil worshiping and some wild crazy stuff. I don't know if there was something they conjured up, but I dealt with it the entire time we lived in that house. It petrified me. It terrified me, so I was having that going on inside. Then they could bigfoots chasing me in the woods. It was a lot going on. And I found out later on my moment and I started talking about it. She told me that my dad was experiencing things that he had confided in her. Now, mind you, he was taking drugs and he was drunk most of the time, So I take that with the grant as salt. But he was hearing describing experiencing some of the very same things that I was. I certainly wasn't high or drunk at twelve years old. I think there was some continuity in the stories and what might have been going on and what we might have been experiencing. It was a lot at one time to be dealing with at that age. Then after that, just going with your life. We moved to a different house, we moved into a different area. My mom and dad divorced, and a lot of things changed Bigfoot was always there for me, but it was just on the periphery of life. You go through other things. Nessie was always my favorite cryptid even before Bigfoot. You grow up and move on and you start working and you do your life. I suppressed that for a lot of years when I was in law enforcement. You don't go to work as a police officer in the City of Atlanta and talk about Bigfoot and UFOs. I had a UFO experience when I was sixteen, so I definitely had all these experiences. Wasn't something you talked about. I did a lot of DUI and I went to court all the time, and those DUI attorneys are ruthless. They are looking for anything in your past or in your life that they can dig up and talk about to discredit you on the stand. Because I was winning a lot of DUI cases, I didn't want to talk about anything like that until I got out of law enforcement. Like I said, my better half and I were both City of Atlanta police officers. We left that in twenty sixteen, and then I was able to get back into what I really loved, which was being in the woods. And I really got into the Bigfoot podcast. Like I said, and it was just something that the fascination just took over from me. We bought this property specifically and because of the area that it's in in North Carolina. As soon as I saw it, I was thinking, oh, this is squatchy. That was literally the first thing that I thought if I were a Sasquatch, if I were a Bigfoot, I would live here. There's two creeks on the property, There's nothing around us but land. This is the perfect spot. So we bought the property. We bought it in twenty seventeen, and we weren't living here full time until just about three four years ago, but we'd come up often and camp out because we're having a house built. Our tiny house was being built in a different area. We actually lived here on the property once we left the police department. In between getting here full time, we lived here off grid for a year and a half with no running water and no power other than solar. It was a rough year and a half. We got the tiny house here and that's really when the experiences started happening here, and it started with vocalizations. I think the first time we heard it was the first winter we were here full time. We'd got the house here, we had a hot tub on the outside of the house, just off the front deck, and we'd go out there at night unwined, and I started hearing what sounds like the Ohio Howell vocalization, probably a mile and a half up this ridge behind us, and I was like, that's really weird. You hear it in the distance and you say, wow, that could be right. It sounds like a air raid siren. There's not an air raid siren going on. Sounds like the ohioisle because that's what the Ohio's howl sounds like, what those old hand crank air sirens. We heard that several times, and we had some other weird stuff going on with lights on the property. We've woken up a couple of times in the tiny house. There's nothing but windows up in the loft where we sleep, and when it's dark out here, it's dark. If you live where there's no light pollution, you don't know what dark is until you can't see a neighbor's porch light. There's no street lights, there's no nothing. Don't no dark until you can actually see the milky Way exactly. We're not exactly there yet, but we're close closer than most. But yeah, the first time that happened, we woke up the entire woods around the house. The entire inside of the house was lit up, almost like something was over the top of the house shining a spotlight down on the house. Really weird. There's another time we were in the hot tub out front. We had something that was coming over the back of the house towards the front of the house, and same thing. It was lighting up that whole area and then it just disappeared. It was gone. So other weird things, but the vocalizations we heard over the course of that winter and into that spring and summer, we probably heard maybe five times that it would be gone, and it's way in the distance. I'm thinking, Ah, it could be a dog, it could be a coyote, it could be something else. I had finished up some interviews and I was doing some show notes up in the loft one night after I'd shut down the show for the night, making some notes and getting ready to go to bed. I was going to read a little bit. We had all the windows open. It was like fifty degrees outside. It was perfect for sleeping with the windows open, at least for us. So the windows were open. I'm making notes my better house, reading a book, and we hear what sounds like the Ohio how ends with this kind of a bark on the end, But this time it's probably fifty yards behind in the house in the woods, really close. We felt it in our gestion. If you've heard enough encounter stories related to bigfoot, or talk to enough people at this point, I've probably interviewed a thousand people at this point that have had big Foot encounters and the ones that involve vocalizations that are close. And that's the first thing they'll tell you is it's hard to describe, but you felt the sound just as much as you hear it. I felt it in my chest, I felt it everywhere.
Speaker 3: Most people say it's like sitting next to the big base speakers at a concert that you feel it deep in your chest and it feels like you're like skeletons vibrating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a very good analogy for what it was like. So I look over Damiam, like, did you hear that? Yes? I heard that?
Speaker 4: What was that?
Speaker 1: I don't know? What do you think it was? I don't know. I never heard anything that sounded like that. So we do this back and forth. It's loyal and hardy. For a second. It just came down to the point where there was only two options for me. It was either a person fifty yards from our house, which means they're deep into our property that we own, which they're not supposed to be there, or it was possibly a sasquatch that made this vocalization. That's the only two things I could come to. Because people, of course have asked me, didn't you go outside and see? Hell? No, I didn't go outside.
Speaker 3: When you're in that situation, definitely not.
Speaker 1: I had no desire to go outside in the dark and go trapsing off into the woods. I'm not doing that.
Speaker 3: Just imagine the size of the thing. If you can steal it in your chest, imagine what that thing could do to you physically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really went down to the point where I did not feel it was a person. Now, if it had been a person, We've had that situation a couple of times here. We've had people encroach on our land. One time when I was here, I was able to confront them. The other time I wasn't here and they sold a camera. But it's way down closer to the road. Our house is quite a ways in the woods off the road.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 1: We're not just sitting right next to a main street, right. I didn't think it was a person, so I definitely was not going to go out into the woods after that happened. And there really wasn't any other vocalizations that I can think of. The next weird thing would have been I was walking the dogs. We have these trails that go around I guess it's probably a ten or twelve acre area on the property that we walk every day. I walk the dogs on this trail every single day, at least twice a day, but they breakfast and may dinner. We check them on a walk both times. Sometimes they'll go on a couple of walks even during the day. I came around this little corner and there's a stump over to the right. Pass it every day past it that morning. When I walk the dogs. This afternoon, the sun was out, it was pretty high overhead. It's probably about four point thirty and something caught my eye that was shiny. Now look over to the stump and it's this old cedar stump. It's probably about fourteen inches around or so. It's not very big. It's been there forever. We know they'd been logging here on the property, like decades and decades ago. But I look over in the side of the stump and there is this bleach twite turtle shell that's just the size of a regular turtle that you'd see crossing the road. And it is stuck into the side of this stump that wasn't there this morning. I would have saw that. I would have noticed it because I walk right past it and it's probably twelve fifteen feet off the side of this trail. So I'll walk over and I look and this thing is stuck into the side of this stump. It's not sitting on top, it's not leaning on it. It's literally like something stuck it into the side of the stump. So I pick up this turtle shell. I don't even know what to say. That is just weird. How did this happen? So I go back to the house with the turtle shell, and I start doing some research. I just start looking, and sure enough, people are posting about finding these turtle shells and they believe it's related to sasquatching. Okay, people are gonna think I'm nuts because I'm a very skeptical person. I probably should have started there. I probably sound like I'm drinking the bigfootkool aid at this point, but I am a very skeptical Occam's Razor scientific method kind of god. I automatically go to, Oh, raccoons will eat turtles, and they'll turn things upside down, and they'll stick things on the side so they can get a better grip. They don't have opposable thumbs like us, but they carry things. You see the videos of raccoons all the time. I'm thinking, Okay, maybe a raccoon was eating this turtle, but it wasn't there this morning when I took the dogs on the walk. Raccoons are primarily nocturnal. I don't think a raccoon was eating this turtle. And the thing about it is it's bleached. It's clearly old. It's bleached completely white, so it's been out in the sun for eighteen months. At this point. To get to the state that the shell is in nothing makes sense.
Speaker 5: So I can't.
Speaker 1: Ockham's razor it away at this point. So I walk back up to the stump and I placed the turtle shell where I found it, and I do a couple of videos and post them online. And people start talking about Bigfoot leaving them turtles, and I start getting pictures and videos of people finding turtles and turtle shells with them and marbles in them, and people are claiming that they're leaving them with feathers. That immediately turned into a gifting stump of sorts because I then started leaving other things. I'd leave rocks out there. I started leaving some peanut butter sun butter. We eat a lot of ground sunflower seeds or sun butter. We'd have jars of that. I would put those out there, and I had three or four of those completely disappear. I stuck them down into the stump where it would be almost impossible for anything unless you had a hand to pull it out of the inside of the stump. We lost a couple of those, and I put up trail cameras. I put up a trail camera, and I was never able to catch anything on video other than the first couple of times I put out sun butter. I would catch three or four raccoons on video and steal photos from this trail cam walking around looking, but the jar would still be inside. You could see the lid, this bright yellow lid inside this stump untouched. I'm thinking, could it be the raccoons. Yeah, I'm seeing them in the video, but I'm not seeing a photo or video of a raccoon dragging this thing off, so it's weird.
Speaker 3: I got the lid on it too, so they would have had to actually twist and open the lid on top of that exactly.
Speaker 1: It was completely sealed. So I thought, I'm gonna try something different, a new todd. I knew other people were gifting apples, so I thought, Okay, that's a cool thing. Let me see about an apple. See what that does. So we had some apples in the fridge that were going bad. They weren't completely gone at this point, but it wasn't my favorite kind of thing to eat an apple that's got brown spots or whatever. So I take this apple, I stick it on a stick, so I just jammed it into the stick. Now I take the stick out to the stump and I stick it in the middle of the stump, and apple's just standing up there. Go back to the house, get up, walk the dogs. The next day, Apple still there, same thing. The next day, nothing, Apple still there, untouched. Third day, I think I grabbed the SD cart at a third day, out of the trail cam brought it in. I saw video. I think it was two or three raccoons around the apple, but it was untouched. So fourth day, I come down the trail that morning, walk in the dogs and I look over at the apple and it's tilted a little bit, So it immediately caught my eye. Something's different. Walk over to the apple and it's still on the stick, stuck in the middle of the stump. But I pick it up and it looks like something picked the stick up and took a bite out of the apple like a person, and stuck the stick back down into the middle of the stump. I was blown away. Now, by this fourth day that it had been out there, this apple was already going bad. On one side of where the bite was. There was mold on the apple. It was not something you'd want to bite. So I took a couple of photos of it with my iPhone. I took it back to the house and I sent them to Wayne, who's the now the co host of that Big Crip podcast with me, and I just said, tell me what this looks like. I didn't give any context. He had no idea where it came from He didn't know anything about the gifting stump or any of that, and he just came back with it looks like somebody took a bite out of a nasty apple. And I said, that's what I thought, because you could literally see like blocky teeth. I'll have to send you the photos. I think I still got them on my phone.
Speaker 3: I was curious if you could see like teeth marks to get like an idea of how big the teeth where they bit it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can. I was like, I don't know what to say, dude, and I told him the backstore, and he's, holy shit, I think you might have a bigfoot that decided to take a bite out of your apple. It's very difficult for me to say, because nothing was captured on the trail cam. What did it. I was trying to imagine some sort of an ungulp, maybe a deer. That's the only thing we have here is a white tailed deer. But how would a deer turn its neck? The stump is maybe twelve inches off the ground. It's very low to the ground. Nothing made sense to me other than somebody or something walking over and picking this apple up on this stick like a candy apple. You'd get it at a carnival and taking a bite and sticking it back into the stump. I guess the main pieces of evidence that I've captured here is footprints that started. I think I cast the first set of prints here, or the first print a year and a half ago, maybe not that long ago. I was walking the trail that we walked the dogs on, came around the last stretch, which is about two hundred and twenty five two hundred and thirty yards from the house. At this point I come across what looked like a footprint right in the middle. There's just one. It's just this wet area, low lying area on the side of the trail, fourteen and a half fifteen inches. I cast it. I think the next time we found a footprint was on another area of our property. We only have forty acres. It sounds like a lot, and it is an expanse of land, and there's still places that we haven't hyped yet. We try to hike a different area every time we go out for a hike because we haven't seen it all yet. We went to an area we'd certainly never been to. It's on the very far end of the boundaries of our property to our neighbors. I was not going to do anything bigfoot. I wasn't even going to bring my phone because I was just going out to decompress and take a hike. But I did end up bringing my phone. Danny and are going up and walking and I go to step over this little creek area and I look down and I'm like, well, shift, that looks like a foot looks like a footprint, thinking that is so cool. It's like a Paradolia footprint.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, it looks like little toes and I'm gonna take a picture of that. So i take my phone out and I'm looking and I'm getting closer. This is in water, mind you, it's in standing water. It's about a half inch of standing water. And the closer I get to make the picture look better and give some detail. I start picking out five toes. Wow, that looks like toes. And I looked closer and I could see where it looked like the big toe. It would be able the right footprint kind of smashed down and I could see the heel where the e heel lifted up and pushed off, and I'm thinking, oh my god, that looks like a footprint, And of course Danny's in front of me, going, we're not doing bigfoot stuff, Let's go take the picture. Let's go. So we're hiking, right, I'm snapping the pictures, and then we go up and we find I found looks like some tree structures, some full crumb type things, things balanced on top of other things, just weird looking things that don't look normal to me. It wasn't normal deadfall that I would consider indicative of possible sasquatch activity. And then we get to the very back of the property. Some of these pictures are actually in the book. We get to the back of the property. There's a huge rock stack at the back of our property. I don't know, I'm guessing maybe probably seven or eight rocks, big on the bottom. Then they just get smaller as they go up, stacked on the back of our property. Okay, possible footprint, what looks like tree breaks, like nests, some things that look like possible nest, these full crumb type things balanced on top of others. And now we get to the back of the property on a high core w we're not doing anything big foot related or looking for anything bigfoot related. Now we got a big rock stack, and I'm thinking weird, right, So I just filed the possible footprint that I photographed back in the back of my mind, and I marked the area of my brain, thinking okay, because we had rain the previous three days, we had this little window of time where it wasn't raining when we took this hike, and then we had more rain that was moving in for the next couple of days. So I get back to the house to the internet. We don't have any service without our Wi Fi here, and I sent it to I think the first person I texted was Doug high Check, and I sent Doug a text and I said, tell me what you think this looks like. And Doug, being Doug, says, it almost looks like a footprint, but it also looks like it could be a thumb print where something put its hand down, and he points to where this area that I thought I would call a big toe for a right foot almost looked like it was a thumb print where this thing might have been quadrupedal pressed down into the mud. Of course, Doug's going to confuse me even more because that's what he does. So I fly outed away. I posted it on Instagram. I sent it to Wayne, my co hosted that Bigfoot podcast. He said, it looks like a footprint, dude. So fast forward last summer. I think it was last June. I did a speaking gig at a conference out in Idaho. I was out there with Cliff Brickman, doctor Jeff Meldrum, Michael Freeman, and myself And it was the night before we went out to dinner and then Cliff and Michael and another guy, Brandon, went out for some drinks. So we're sitting at the bar. I take out my phone and I'm looking at stuff and Cliff said, what are you looking at it? And I said, I took these pictures that I thought was a Paradolia footprint. He said, let me see it. So he's looking and Cliff goes, dude, that's a Sasquatch footprint. Did you cast that? Of course I didn't cast it. It was in the rain, it was in water. I'm pissed off at this point because now doctor Jeff Meldrum is probably the quintessential footprint expert. He knows all about the more filo g of these things. But Cliff is a very close second to me. I really trust Cliff implicitly when it comes to his opinion about these things, and he's going to that's definitely a sasquat s footprint, and a good one. That's a really good picture of a good looking sasquat footprint. I'm like, shit, should have cast it. So I immediately went out and made sure that I had casting material and I've never went hiking without casting material since. Because the next footprint that I saw was a mile upon the other side of our road. My neighbor has ten acres, and we went to hike his property at one point after I found that. So this was last year. Again, we're not really doing anything bigfoot related. We had two of our neighbors, Wendy and Faith, went with us. They just wanted to go for a hike. They're clearly not into bigfoot. I was the only person who was even remotely interested in bigfoot. So I'm looking around looking at things that we go up to the very back of his property, and then we started to make our way down because eventually their property, they have ten acres, it connects to his and we have to cross over another ten acres of another neighbor's property to get back to theirs. So we're trapesing along and I'm coming down the hill and I see what clearly looks like a footprint, but this looks more like a human bare foot footprint, but it's in hard pack. I don't know how anything too three hundred pounds could have made any kind of intention, because it was a very small intention. It was just enough to make out the toes in this thing, particularly the big toe. So I found that, and then about five feet down, about a four and a half five foot stride, was a left footprint. I did not have casting material with me then, because I wasn't supposed to be doing bigfoot stuff. We were just relaxing with the neighbors. I marked this in my mind, and I came back the next day, I got my casting material. I hiked back up with my neighbor on his property, and I got to cast both of those footprints. Those photos made it into the book as well. But the most prevalent, I guess, the best, if you want to call good, better or best, came about seven eight months ago, towards the end of the year last year. We have a chicken coop down towards the front of our property, and then we have a really small coop where we keep babies and so they get big enough to go into the bigger coop. It's about fifty yard sixty yards from where I'm sitting now in the house. We had had a bunch of rain. It's strange because we had tried to dig out We had ducks at the time. We no longer do because we have a lot of coyotes and a lot of predators. That took care of the ducks and both of our turkeys that we had. We have a little bit of a natural pond that's down in a certain area close by to the house. But we wanted to dig out this like probably six by four area looks like a kidney bean shaped and we were gonna get one of those galvanized steel things you can get at tractor supply and put down there. We're gonna make a little area for the ducks to swim in. So we have a creek, but it's fast running and it's not very deep, so we wanted to make something they could just come out and swim around in. We dig this out, but we hadn't put anything in it, and because of the rain, it washed a whole bunch of dirt and silt down over the course of a couple of weeks of us not putting this in like we were supposed to and me completing the project. So it was the perfect area to capture a footprint. It was almost like it was made for this. But I go out one day to open the chicken coop and we'd had some weird things leading up to that. We had a small pail of chicken food. It is like a small version of the big galvanized steel trash cans, but this was only like, I don't know, a foot and a half tall or whatever. We just kept a little bit of chicken food up there for the chickens that were on that end. And it had been moved several times to the point of maybe fifteen twenty yards away. It's like something just picked it up and just dropped it on the ground. And the only thing that was holding the lid on was this bungee cord over the top. Because we'd had raccoons that had opened it up in the past. We just put a bungee cord over it solved the problem. They don't get in it anymore. But this has picked up and moved fifteen or twenty yards dropped in a different area I would wake up. This happened probably three or four days before I found the print, and I'm about tell you about I walk up there one day, and sure enough, this thing is moved again. It's in a different place. It wasn't next to the coop. It was down fifteen twenty yards down the hill. Looks like something had just picked it up, took the bungee cord off and just poured the food onto the ground, which I thought was really weird. But I walk up to go up to the coop and I look over in this area with this little pond where we're gonna make is, and I see two huge prints in this dirt silt, and I literally did one of those things where you look around, Okay, well, who is it? This is crazy because this is fifty sixty yards from our house. Fourteen and a half by seven and a half by eight inch prance five toes clear as day, probably three inches down in this sialty area. I ended up casting them. These are too good to be true. It really is too good to be true. I didn't put any pictures out, I didn't talk about them, and I was writing the book at the time, and I said, I'm going to probably end up talking about this in the book, and I'm probably end up putting these photos in the book because here's the thing. I'm a bigfoot guy, right, I'm a bigfoot podcaster who bought forty acres in North Carolina who now has bigfoot activity on his property. Right, that's the guy I felt like, and I had conversations with people behind closed doors. I'm like, I don't know if I should even be talking about this because the haters are going to come out saying, oh, now this guy's he's hoaxing footprint and he's having vocalizations, and I'm like, anybody who knows me knows that's not me. I didn't think about that. I had a hard time even talking about some of the experiences we were having in the beginning. But I thought, you know what, I can't be a hypocrite. I do a show where I ask people, and it's difficult. I'm sure you've had these people that you have to work to get some of these people on your show because they're so petrified of telling their story publicly, particularly if it's the first time, because they think people are going to ridicule. It's the ridicule factor. They're going to be called crazy. I wasn't worried about that. I don't give a shit what anybody thinks about me as far as me being crazy. But I do have a reputation, and I pride myself on being honest and open and I tell the truth. That's all I can do is put it out there. So I was like, people were telling me behind the scenes, look, dud, it's happening too. You put it out there. And of course people are like, oh, yeah, the one footprint, because I've had that happen a couple of times. I found, on at least two different occasions, possibly three different occasions, in different areas, I found what looked to be footprints. Now these are not definitive by any stretch of the imagination. If you see the photos in the book and you see the cast, which I have, they look like shit. Which after a conversation with Cliff, that's one of the things we talked about so many times. Cliff has become a really good friend of mine. He actually wrote the forward to my book. That's one of the things Cliff tells everybody. The majority of it is going to look like crap. But if it's real, if you are casting real prints, that's a good indicator that what you're casting is really because they don't look perfect every single time. Now, if I cast every single print that i've cast on my property and my neighbor's property and they all look like the two that I cast here sixty yards from my house, I could see where people would go, this dude is faking stuff. But the majority of them what like crap. But I do cast everything because of that, So I encourage everybody to do that. If you think it even remotely has anything to do with a big footprint or whatever. Cast It doesn't matter if it turns out looking like crap. You still have the evidence. That's been the journey until literally yesterday. I've not even talked about this on my show. I'm not going to get into a whole lot of detail here, but I was walking the dogs yesterday. We were both actually walking the dogs. We have three dogs. We have a fifteen year old small dog is about seven pounds, and we have two bigger female dogs. They run off and leave him. While better half was walking with the dogs up front, and I was stuck with the old man in the back of the pack. There was an area we got to where I could turn off. It's about halfway through, three quarters of the way around the entire area. He's slow poking. I'm ready to get back to have dinner. I still had to work out, so I'm like, okay, dude, we're going to take a left here and we're gonna go down what we call Chicken Run. It's this big, long area where the water came down and rushed into this area where I got those prince eventually, but we're in that same general vicinity, and we have a compost pile that's up on the right of this path if you're walking up. We're coming down the compost piles on the left, and there's this drainage area where there's leaves everywhere. There's probably still a foot of leaves and leaf litter on the ground at this point. And I look over and I see what looks like impressions. It's weird. It looks like something's been walking there. So I take the dog back and I put him on the porch with the two girls, and I grab my phone and I'm going to walk back up Chicken Run here, and I'm going to take a look at this looks like a track. Wack.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm sure it does.
Speaker 1: I walk up and sure enough, dude, I get to the bottom of where it looks like this starts, and I found I think it's fourteen looks like fourteen tracks walking up and then taking the right and going up the heel, which would be towards like the middle parts of our property. It's can be, but there's some pretty defined tracks. I did not cast them today, but I am going to go out hopefully tomorrow and try to cast at least a couple of them that look like they have some possible toes. I did take some photos. I did take the measuring tape out there. They measured about sixteen and a half inches, which is bigger than the original ones that I cast, which are about fourteen inches last year. Definitely bigger, at least longer. I couldn't tell if they were wider or not because of the material, the leaf litter that they're in. There's not a really clear footprint per se, but there's a five foot stride between one foot to the other. I tried to do it. I was almost doing the splits, trying to put my right foot where this right foot looked like it was in the left foot. It's a trackway. I don't know any other way to describe it.
Speaker 3: Just to throw that into I always like talking about the since between the tracks when you actually are able to find them. The average person roughly two to three foot stride, So if you're looking at something as a five foot stride, assumably you're looking at something that's at least around eight feet tall, so it gives you a pretty good indicator of height.
Speaker 1: The couple that I really got detailed in like, I was trying to get to as close to the back of what appeared to be the right foot and the very tip top toe of what appeared to be the left foot, and I was measuring the stride that way in between, and almost every set, with exception of a couple, were five feet. We're looking at a five foot stride between these prints, and that literally happened yesterday evening. That is as hot off the press as it gets. We're right at a little over twenty four hours and I haven't even talked about it on my show yet because I really was waiting until I did the cast to see what I pulled out. I'm going to try a couple of different things. I'm probably even going to reach out to Cliff and maybe even Michael Freeman because they do a lot more with cast and that kind of material than I do, to see if there's some way I can put down I'm a barrier, maybe even some like plastic wrap or something between the leaves so I can maybe get a little bit more definition. I don't know. I'm definitely not a tracking or casting expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I definitely want to do my very best to There's a couple that I've picked out, both right and left foot that I think I can get pretty decent cast from. I'm definitely going to work on that and try to do that tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I was almost going to say, like cheese cloth or something, but I don't know if the plaster itself would stick to that because it's a little bit more porous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the cheese cloth would, because that's one of the things that I know Michael uses for his mother mold. When you're making a mold like silicon or whatever, you use the cheese cloth to go along with the plaster, so it'd probably stick. I don't know if maybe the plastic wrap. I'm going to try it first with it, so even if it goes wrong, I'm not going to mess up the print because I can just pull the plastic wrap out. Worst case scenario, I'll just have to pour the plaster in the leaves and then get whatever I get and just clean it up afterwards. The weird thing is, again, I'm very skeptical. I'm skeptical of my own evidence. I'm skeptical of my own experience. As I went out on expedition with Tide Standing last year up in Radium, BC, Canada, last October, and I had experiences there. Had rocks thrown at me, we had wood knocks, we had what sounds like samurai chatter, or we were sitting around the fire almost every day I was there, I had something that I believe was very close to, if not live, interacting with the Sasquatch, and I still questioned it to this day. But we're in the middle of nowhere. We're eighteen miles deep in the woods. Everybody who is with our party, including Todd, is sitting right next to me at the fire, and something's throwing rocks out of the woods and it's hitting near us and it's hitting the camper, it's ten feet away from us. I don't know who else would do that. What else throws rocks in the woods? I don't know. That happened twice during the expeditions. Again, it didn't see a sasquatch, But I had that experience, and I'm skeptical to this day. I deal am not completely sold on the fact that these things exist. Even given my own experiences and finding what I believe to be a fricking track way yesterday on my property, I still can't get to the point where I'm one hundred percent all in on the Bigfoot thing. But those kind of experiences really make me wonder there's got to be something to it. The phenomenon's real, right, we know the phenomenon exist.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: When it comes to any of that kind of stuff, it's always the best to be skeptic and open minded about it at the same time, because that's the only way it really gets somewhere with the research. Because the same with the paranormal research sasquats research. If every single crack you here, every single noise you hear, is exactly the phenomenon, then you're not actually going to get to any solid evidence. You got to do the process of elimination where you take away anything that's logical. I mean, you get to a point where there's nothing logical anymore. Then you got something weird, and then from there you can keep building on and going on from there. But as far as the sasquatch stuff goes too, man, I know, I've been researching this stuff for a few years now. I used to grow up my grandma telling me stories about them and everything, and I've never had my own first site for like, actually seen physically seeing one of these things, but I'd definitely seen my own fair share of trace evidence. But I feel like that's where the differentiation comes in, is that some people would chase this stuff there entire life and never actually get that first hand site encounter and never really know for sure. And then there's the other half of people who actually had those first hand encounters, and either one of two things happens. Either one they get the sasquatch cursor or they get indulged by it, and that's all they ever do. They never end up going back to the woods again, and they want nothing to do with it, and they completely deny the fact that it ever existed, but all the same, if you make it out of it without being hurt, it's an experience and it's something to document how many people actually get that opportunity. It's something special, even if it is something horrifying when you're actually in that moment.
Speaker 1: That's one of the things that people have said to me. Whoever bit the apple? It was just some random homeless person that got onto your property. No, it's not. It's same thing with the trackway. It's not one of us. We didn't do it, So who did? What did? It's not a bayar, it's not a dog, it's not a deer, it's not a raccoons. I'm not a squirrel. You go checking this off. That really chapped to my hid, particularly the apple and the gifting stump, and when the turtleshell showed up. That's why people were saying when I posted about it on social media, Oh, it was just a person. Some person came through your property. And I tried to explain to people, unless you lived in the South, unless you live in North Carolina, in this area where I live, you have no idea how people are about their property. If you're not invited to be there, you better not be there. You just don't do it. We've had that happen here. It was some meth head that made it onto the very first part of our property from the street. Last year. I'm sitting here recording for the show and I hear what sounds like a dying female sasquatch. I'd grabbed my shot, gonna go down to the end of the driveway and I called her methodies down there doing dirt angels in the middle of my driveway. But it was a woman, right. I didn't shoot her. She ended up going to jail. Actually posted the video. It was funny. I posted the video of making Frucking Girl on Instagram and it took me back to my days on the streets of Atlanta as a police officer. People are like, oh, you had that police voice when you told her to get up, and I was like, yeah, it's still there. It never goes away. But those kind of things happened. She didn't go back here and put a turtleshell into the side of a stump. She didn't go back here and bite this apple. She sure as hell didn't come up here and make this trackway of sixteen and a half inch foot prints that are five feet stride going up the side of this ridge. Eventually, you just have to get to a point. And fortunately, my listeners have never really pinned me into a corner. Some people get pissed off. I get those emails. Oh, every week, it's five days out of seven I believe Bigfoot's real, But those of the two days I just don't believe. If you're looking for somebody to drink the Bigfoot kool aid and just go along to get along and believe everything is Bigfoot, I'm not your guy. But there are tens of thousands of people who've listened to my show every single week who say they're glad that I ask questions, question myself and question the people who come on the show. At times, it's not all about confronting people that come on with their encounter stories.
Speaker 5: They are what they are.
Speaker 1: But if you're hoaxing or you're putting bullshit out there, I'm gonna call you out. I've done it with Todd for years. We don't talk anymore because I continued to call him out for the crazy stuff that he does. Well, I think the last thing with Todd that really broke the camel's back with us and just completely severed ties altogether. Was the gondola thing. There was this huge gondola in Canada that came down a couple of times. It caused five million dollars worth of damage to the point with this company. Eventually it was going bankrupt that had to sell to another company. Todd came out with this ka ka maami story about how Bigfoot had broken this four inch steel cable on this gondola twice because Sabe was pissed off because somebody had put a chair lift in the middle of this area. Where do you come up with this, dude? Wayne and I were talking about it on that Bigfoot podcast, and I think the line was something like, every time Todd has an opportunity to talk about Bigfoot in a mature adult way, he drives to Cookerville instead. He's not going to Couckerville anymore. I refuse to get in the car with you, Todd. I'm not doing it anymore. As soon as that episode came out, I got a text message from Todd and he said a lot of four letter words. He was pissed off that I called him a kook. I said, I didn't tell anybody you were a kook, dude. I just said, you're driving your car to Couckerville. There's a difference, but it's still the same thing. You end up at the same place. You can have a conversation with you about Bigfoot because it always has to take this crazy left turn. And then on top of that, you hoaxed your videos and I just I don't have time for that, So needless to say, we don't talk. But he is doing some cool stuff up in radium. Here's a guy I've had on the show a couple of times. Todd's talked about it a couple of times on his channel Sense I think. But they have put cameras in base Camp at Todd's Radium research area, and they're going to be live twenty four hours a day, seven days a week for everybody to view who wants to see them. I actually got an email from Logan yesterday saying that he got the app ready to go, but it's not ready for primetime, but he's going to send me an early version of it so I can add it to my phone and I'm going to be able to access the cameras. It's really cool because if you've been to base Camp and you've been to that area, and you have a lay of the land. It's cool either way, I think, but even for me it means a little bit more because I know where that's at. I've had experiences there. I'm definitely looking forward to it. I told Logan here's the thing, though, if you're associating with Todd and Todd's research area and a bigfoot can walk up and smear peanut butter on the lens or whatever it does, nobody's going to believe it because Todd's involved. They're gonna say it's Todd in a suit. I don't know. I still think it's a good thing. I think he's trying something new and Logan really doesn't care. He knows what comes along with dealing with Tide. But I'm excited about that. I think it's cool man to be able to have experiences in a place like that and then somebody actually put up cameras. Because that's one of the things we've talked about on the show in the past is why is it there more collaboration? Why aren't more people like the folks in the area X and the folks that have the Olympic Project, the Shane Carpenter and Randy Harrington, out of the four hundred? Why aren't we all collaborating if there's so much bigfoot activity in these areas? Why is the BFRO, the Olympic Project, the North American Wood Ape Conservancy, and these guys at the four hundred, Why aren't we all coming together at one time and just putting people on the ground constantly twenty four hours a day, seven days a week, three hundred and sixty five days a year, and finally proved that Bigfoot is real? Why aren't we doing that?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: Why didn't I started those conversations on the show We've had Shane carp and our own Shane reached out to me after we talked about it on the show and he said, hey, can I come on and talk about that because you guys talked about us at the four hundred. I'm like, sure, we'd love to have you. And he said, look, when you have a research area like the four hundred, we've tried to bring people in and it always ends badly. We've had people try to come back after we've had them out there, showed them the area, then they tried to get on the property next to us. One up us. People are people. Anytime you involve other people. Things have a tendency for the wheels to fall off. But he said, we've tried that in the past and people have been great, but it throws things off. Just what they do. They wear the same clothes, they walk the same way, they walked the same areas. They feel like Bigfoot, look for patterns and they want to create these patterns so they get comfortable with them, so they come closer and that's their thing, and anytime you bring people in it disrupts that. I get that on some level, but again it goes back to I'm putting together a I think it's a going to be a four part series at this point, maybe five part series. On Area X, I've had Brian Brown and some of those guys from the North American Wood of Conservancy's not with them anymore, but I've had a bunch of those guys on the show at different times throughout the past. On sasquatch Ot to see. Brian used to do a podcast back in the day, like in two thousand and eleven twenty twelve, and he was doing all of the stuff that was coming out of Area X. He's interviewing people inside Area X while these things are throwing rocks at them. It's some pretty fascinating stuff. The podcast went away years and years ago, but I reached out to Brian privately and said, look, dude, I'd like to do a series on what you guys experienced there, because even though you had it on a podcast of twenty twelve, for like twelve years out, dude, I do have a pretty big audience that would like to hear this. And he was sure, you can have access to all of us. I probably got eight hours of these interviews and these experiences from Area X. I'm gonna put together and put it out probably on Sasquatch out to see in July, because I'll be over in the UK for that conference in July and I'll be gone for a couple of weeks. They only go out about three months a year the area they call Area X, and that's because they have a personnel issue, right. You have to have teams of people. There has to be at least two to three people on each one of these teams. People have to take off work, they have families, they have other things in their lives. But just think about and this is one of the things I said to Wayne on that Bigfoot podcast when we were talking about. I said, look, dude, the BFRO does hundreds of expeditions every year all throughout the country. Why can't the BFRO just get with the North American wood a Conservatis say say, look, you guys are out here. You have this fantastic area. There's tons of documented sidings, rock throws, vocalizations and all these experiences. Guess what we have. We haven't a bundance of people. They will pay to go on an expedition for a week at a time. We've got enough people to cover this. We can cover it for twelve months, three hundred and sixty five days out of the year, and somebody will be there twenty four hours a day. Do you think that ups the possibility of us getting good video, good photographs? God forbid? The North American Wooded Conservancy is trying to take one of these things down and collect a specimen. We could accomplish a lot of that, but nobody's having those conversations, and nobody seems to be doing it. It's easy for me to say because I don't have Area X, I don't have the Olympics in the Olympic Project. I do have my forty acres here and I've already said I've tried to get it ready for this summer. It's probably going to be more like the fall. But I'm going to invite people here on our property to come and experience what we experience. Come out and go out with me, go out and camp. Hear what you hear, see what? And this is where I live, dude. Like we're trying to separate these areas and these private paths that lead to our house to say, Okay, here's the other thirty acres or so of the property. We're gonna invite people here, and I'm willing to do that. I'm not saying I'm special by any stretch of the imagination. I'm just saying I don't understand why more people aren't having those kind of conversations to try to do more collaboration when it comes to this, if you're serious about the research, because there aren't enough people that are boots on the ground. I live in the woods, and I'm not in the woods as much as i'd like to be because I'm constantly in my studio doing content because that's my job. That's how I get paid. Nobody pays me to go out and look for trackways. I get paid to produce content, so that's what I constantly have to do. So it's difficult to get as many people in the woods as we should have or could have, but I think you can exponentially multiply that if you have people working in collaboration. I'm gonna get off the soapbox. I'm gonna take a drink of my water and see where we go from there.
Speaker 3: I definitely agree with you, man, I think that it's one of those things that we probably would have a lot better of a chance that there is more people that are actually physically there trying to do it. I think the biggest fear that people have with most of their properties, but when it comes to actually having a good area where they're having regular experiences happening, is that they're worried about scaring them off, because if you have too many people rotating through, he seems they're going to start moving farther and farther back, even if you work in small groups. I think the other fear might be that again, if they're constantly seeing these new faces, they're going to be less interested in being in the area, and they're going to keep pushing themselves out and it's like one of those things that nobody's really tested it to necessarily see if that is the cause and effect that ends up happening. But I don't think anybody's willing to take the chance if they do have a good, solid area, especially if it's on their property.
Speaker 1: See I disagree because I think the North American Wooded Conservancy and Area X is a very good litmus test for what you just said. I tend to agree with you on most cases. That's one of the conversations we had with Shane Carpenter about he and Randy's area out at the four hundred is they are afraid of that. They have seen people coming in and it makes it difficult. They do retreat, they do go back. So I think it's an individual thing. But ARA X again is a good barometer I think for that because the North American wood of Conservancy has at any given time, on any given month. I'm going by some of the audio I just edited from like twenty twelve, twenty thirteen, but over the course of three months, they had thirty five people rotate in and out. Of these teams, they had Alpha Team, Charlie Team, Delta Team, League, My Team, whatever, four or five, sometimes as much as seven individuals at a time. But these teams rotated in and out. Some people would stay. One person might say I can do Alpha and Bravo Team. I can be out here for a month, or I can be out here for three weeks, But they're constantly rotating people in and out, and the exact opposite has happened. I can't remember what episode it would be, probably the second hour of what would be a new episode of audio that I edited recently. Brian and them were talking about they had activity on Alpha Team, which is the first team in this particular year. I think this was have been twenty eleven or twenty twelve. I don't know if it was Operation Persistence, which operation it was for them, they named the operations. But Delta Team, which was the fourth team in, had the most rock throw encounters of anybody throughout the summer. They had one hundred and sixty different I think they stopped it documenting like one hundred and sixty or one hundred and seventy individual rock throw incidents that they had. And they're the fourth team in and some of these people had never been out there before. I think if done correctly, particularly in an area like Area X, where if these things are real, they are wood apes, they are sasquatch as they claimed that they are. That's the area to do it because they are used to people rotating in and out during these three or four months in the summer. It's the perfect opportunity to do it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Would it change if you don't leave for the last time and the last person leaves and you roll up shop at August the thirty first, and then you start doing things in September, October, November, December. Could that cause problems? It possibly could. For whatever reason, they're like, holy shit, why these people still here? Oh my god, we're heading for the heels, right, that could happen. I just don't know. You don't know until you try. That's one of the things that Todd does. He shuts down his radium area during the winter. Hey, because it's really hard to get to because it's eighteen miles deep and you don't want to be out there in the middle of a snowstorm. But the other reason that he claims that he does that is to give the sask Watch your break. Every single week there's a new person or person's coming in for an expedition, and then you give him a break over the wintertime, so they're okay, we can let a guard down. I get that, but again I don't know. I guess it's easy for me to Monday morning quarterback and say that because I don't control access to Area X. But I do think we should at least start having some of those conversations, because clearly what we've been doing for the last five decades or so isn't working because outside of the people who know I'm not just a believer, I'm a knower for whatever reason, who've had eyewitness encounters, cited these things whatever. Outside of that, they are not documented and recognized by science, and I think the only way we're going to get there, unfortunately, is either collect a specimen or get into a situation where you can document individuals with high quality video and photographs. Different people at different times, at different places can start identifying individuals through these photographs and videos. That may be enough to push the ball down the field to get something else going, so we might be able to get some real evidence and prove it once and for all, one way or the other. If these things do exist, if you had enough people, one good way of possibly doing it. If you had somewhat of a square property, is you almost have to do grid lines where you'd have people coming in from this side, coming in from this side, and everybody basically meeting in the middle, so that nothing's able to slip through in the center of it. The other thing that I was thinking about if you have constant new people in the area, is rather than pushing him back. Depending on if these things are more animalistic, they might become territorial, and then you might end up having some better experiences, but they just might be more of the aggressive experiences such as rock throwing for bluff charging, so it might actually end up pushing it up. If anything, I was gonna mention something about not doing it fully on a schedule, but somewhat like taking some time off on the in between, because if he did it every other month, I feel like sasquatch would get somewhat used to that schedule and they would possibly know not to be too active in an area at that particular time. Because I had Michael on the show at one point, he was telling a little bit of the backstory with his dad's footage that he had, and he basically said that he used to go at the same time every day, and the reason why he finally captured that footage is because he had to stop and help his daughter with something with her car or something, and he came at a different time. So if you're going to be doing the regular checking of the same spot, you'd almost have to do it semi sporadic, where you'd be two weeks on, don't touch anything for two weeks, go for three weeks on, don't come back for a month, go for a month straight. Just do it where it's in blocks, but not on a set schedule, and then you might actually be able to be lucky enough to catch these things off guard. And even within that time that you're going out too, you almost have to do stuff that's staggered semi sporadic times too, where do it to somewhat of a science maybe where you know, the first day you start looking around seven o'clock and then you go from the house for a couple hours, and the next day you start looking at two o'clock in the afternoon, and just stagger the hours that you go in. And I feel like that'd be the best chance of actually catching one of these things is to not do a full search team on a set schedule, but rather do this kind of weird stagger repeated going out, and then you might actually be able to catch one of these things off guard. Again, have to look out for possibly the more aggressive encounters if they start getting more territorial with more faces on their property. Yeah, I think you're spot on when you're talking about this stuff. I think one of the things that has come out of the Nawac and Area X in particular, over and over again is you don't see these things unless they make a mistake. Just outside of what they call old Gray or old Gray, there's this big sasquatch that a couple of people, I think Darryl and somebody else saw it back in two thousand toile.
Speaker 5: I don't know how many times he's been seen.
Speaker 1: I say he or she has been seen, but it's basically this gray sasquatch from head to toe. It's pretty large. Outside of old Gray, who just doesn't seem to be bothered by people, doesn't make any attempts to get away. They say he looks very much like Patty the Quintessential. If you're thinking about sasquatch, that Patterson Gimlin film three point fifty two Patty. That's what they say. Old Gray looks like the rest of them, these wood apes. Most of them are smaller, they don't look like Patty. It's a very different experience, and they are very agile. They do their very best to get away. So I don't think you see these things unless they make a mistake, or they're just so big and lumbering that they just don't care. And that old one too.
Speaker 3: It could be the kind of the same as having a dog, for example, where after a certain age they start going partially blind, partially death, and it's a little bit easier to sneak up on him because he isn't fully comprehensive of what's going on around him anyways.
Speaker 1: Or he could be just like I think Brian Brown in one of the episodes I was editing, said it went to the zoo with his kids and they went to the orangutan enclosure, and all these orangutans were like running from people and hiding and didn't want to be seen, except for this one huge female. She just lumbered out and all the other orangutans got out of her way, and she gave less than a shit about what was going on around her. She's just I'm here whatever happens, So it could be one of those situations. That's the thing about Area X. I keep going back to it because it is such a long term study that they've done and they've collected a lot of data. Disagree with their methods, disagree with them wanting to take a specimen, whatever. Everybody has their feelings about that kind of stuff, But you can't deny the work and the time they've put in and the data that they've collected over the years. As a part of that data, you see these bits and pieces of things emerge, and you have to just say they're onto something here because of some of the things they've experienced. They don't think these things migrate. They seem to stay in one place. They vocalize they're clearly intelligent, and they're apes. That's the other thing. They call them what apes for a reason. They certainly believe that they're flesh and blood creatures. Ultimately, I think they're a good litmus test for anybody who's wanting to do research over a long period of time and a way to get it done, no matter what the ultimate goal for you is, whether it's just to document you're the Jame Goodall type, or you're going in to actually take a specimen. But it's like this, they spend so many hundreds of hours at this point. I mean we're talking the accumulation of years they've spent in this area with so many people. They've only taken a couple of shots at these things and barely missed. So they claim killing us asquatch to take a specimen, to collect a specimen, and they have very few, if any photographs to prove that these things are real. That tells you how elusive these things are. They know they're there, they're throwing rocks at them, they're vocalizing, they can hear them running through the woods. People are seeing them, but it's almost impossible to catch that photograph or get a video of these things, and certainly even take one down with a rifle. So that says a lot about sasquatchs just in general, I know a lot of people draw parallels to Okay, that clearly means that they're alien, or that clearly means that they're coming in and out of portals, or it clearly means that there's some supernatural being. Not sure I'm going down that road with you, but it certainly means that there is something more to these things than maybe we've ever considered. I don't know, at least in that area too.
Speaker 3: If you're in a Sasquatch arean, they're used to constantly being gifted, they're gonna be acting one certain way. But if they're constantly used to people trying to record them and shoot at them, and I feel like they're gonna, of course be a lot more sporadic anyways, and they're gonna be used to living in an environment where they have to be on high alert all the time. So I almost wonder if it's like they're territorial to the point where they're not gonna leave their area because that is their area. But they just start acting completely different based on how you interact with them, and you almost give yourself less of a chance by trying to shoot at them, because they know, they're fully aware of what guns are. They've known for hundreds of years now at this point, and they know to completely avoid those things. Whether or not you can take one down, there's a whole other topic of the date with a gun. But regardless, assumably you're still gonna hurt the things, So it's gonna avoid having contact with that in the first place, before we start running out of time completely. I know you talk a little bit about your book, but for anybody that might be interested in picking up your book, once you give them like a rough runover exactly of what they're going to get from your book.
Speaker 1: Sure, it's titled Sasquatch Unleashed the Truth behind the Legend. It's a little bit of everything. I talk about, my journey, my experience. I talked a little bit about here as a kid, and then I get into the phenomenon of Sasquatch. We know that exists, so I wanted to start there and lay the foundation. I'll talk a lot about Sasquatch and history. Then I get into Bigfoot in pop culture, all the pop culture references, how Bigfoot really has become a household name. I think Bigfoot is one of the few things that you could go to literally any house in a America and talk to the mother, the father, the two kids if they're old enough, say ten twelve years old. Everybody knows what Bigfoot is. They have this idea of Bigfoot because it is so permeated our culture. Then I get into Sasquatch deceptions and hoaxes. I call some hoaxers out by name. I think that's one of the biggest issues that we have in this community nowadays, is people hoaxing evidence really pointing people in the wrong direction.
Speaker 3: Aiimages too. There's way too many the AI images I see posts on every single Sasquatch page.
Speaker 1: I do an entire chapter about my experiences up in Radium on expedition with Todd last year. Then I get into perils of paradolia and misidentification. I talk about how fallible we are as humans, as eyewitnesses. I bring a little bit of my police work into that and talk about eyewitness identifications and those kind of things. Talk about the scientific method. I get into the fun breakdown the fossilization. I know that is an exciting topic for everybody talking about fossilization, but everybody says, where are the bodies. I went into that and talked about that in its own chapter and talked about how difficult it is to actually fossilize, particularly a large body like a primate, and that's why we have a very incomplete fossil record just across the board in general. So I talk a lot about that. Then I get into some of the primate behaviors that aid known primates, in how they are elusive and how they avoid detection, and how that could possibly be at least partially some of the answers that we may point to to say this is why Sasquatch has eluded us for so long. I get into human population and wilderness. I have a chapter called can we convict Sasquatch in a court of law? Break down the evidence that we have for the existence of Sasquatch. I've said it on the show before. I think if Sasquatch were on trial for being real, I think a jury is going to convict at this point. Then I get into some of the wo the high strangeness. I talk about habituation situations and their general fascination as people with cryptids, our escapism mentality that we have in the modern world, and how that kind of plays into the whole Bigfoot thing. And then I close out with what I believe to be the truth behind the legend and spoiler alert, the truth really lies in all of us. I caught a little crap when I put the book out. People are like, oh, but the truth about Sasquatch?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 1: Spoiler alert Now I really don't, because I don't think anybody does. The truth really lies with what you believe. It's your experiences, it's what you take away from it, whether it's the phenomenon, whether it's your own experiences, whatever the case may be. The truth really is it lies with all of us. But I do close out with a chapter of that. You can get the book anywhere. You can buy it on Amazon, it's probably the easiest place for people. You can get it at Barnes and Noble. If you want to sign copy, we do autographed copies. We send out a couple of times a week. You can get them on our website at Paranormal World Productions dot com. There's a store button right there at the top of the page and you can go over and a autograph, personalize the book book, and we'll send it out to you.
Speaker 3: Man, I'll have to scoop one of those for myself. I like being able to collect a bunch of books from guests I've previously had on the show, like those entire bookcases. And I think I first said guests that I've had on the show. At this point, Yeah, it's so much stuff that we could possibly dive into or at least this time. Man, I think this was like a perfect introductory to having you on the show. I definitely want to dive, hopefully on the next show that if you're interested in coming back on again into some of the philosophy and stuff behind it as far as what you're talking about, as far as the content of your book, it is exactly a lot of stuff that I like talking about on the show, such as again like where are the bodies? Things like that, like a lot of the more literal stuff that people don't necessarily always dive into. But I feel like it's just as important for the research as anything else, or even catching some solid footage. It's just as important to have that groundwork and framework and fundamentals of it. But I always like to wrap up the show with words of wisdom. So if there's any words of wisdom you could bestow on the listeners, be it to squatchers, podcasters, whoever out there.
Speaker 4: What might it be?
Speaker 1: I would say, don't eat yellow snow.
Speaker 3: Because maybe it might be sasquatch pe but more often than not it might be dog or human pea.
Speaker 1: After an hour and a half, it's the best I could come up with. Shane well, listeners here, they're going to be hearing this after the event. But I'm actually going to be going to sleep right after we're done recording this, waking up a two o'clock in the morning and driving to a convention. So book up early today, got everything all set up. I want to make sure we recorded the show because I know that when we're trying to set the schedule with you, you only had certain days you're available for. For anybody that might want to come and find your podcast, you already told them where to come and find the book at or possibly get in contact with you to share some of their experiences. Yeah, you can find Saskwatch Odyssey. I host a show called That Bigfoot Podcast with my co host Wayne. Definitely a different show. It's a conversation based show like this. We tackle all kinds of things. We talk about hoaxers, we talk about things in the news. It's a fun show. We have a good time over there. We will drop the occasional F bomb, so beware of that. It is labeled explicit on all podcast apps. But you can find sask watch Oudyssey That Bigfoot Podcast. I also do a storytelling show where I just read encounters, talk about weird and crazy scary stories. It's called Backwards Bigfoot Stories. You can get that anywhere. You get podcasts on all the podcast apps, and you can check out the Sasquatch outs see YouTube channel and the Backwoods Big Up Stories YouTube channel. The best place to get all of that stuff really is our website. It's Paranormalworldproductions dot com. It's got a little bit of me all the shows. We have other shows that work for our network as well. We have other podcasters that do a fantastic job, so there's a little bit of everything for everybody's just check out the website. It's all there.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you making the time to come on the show today. It was definitely a fascinating conversation. I'm looking forward to next time you come on the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had a blasting.
Speaker 5: Thanks so much, Manama.
Speaker 4: Tam Tampa ba
Speaker 2: B