Speaker 1: And we continue on Fred Rogan Rodney Pete on AM five seventy LA Sports later this hour. Dodger fans, we'll open the phone lines. I'll be shocked if anybody says they're panicked. Shocked, but we will give you a chance to weigh in. Green, all good, Orange, I'm a little concerned. Red Now I'm panicked. That's coming up. But now let's bring on our good friend Dylan Hernandez from the Times and Dylan, good afternoon to you.
Speaker 2: Hey, good afternoon, you guys. How you guys doing good?
Speaker 1: Dylan? If we got the panic meter? Do you even need a panic meter for the Dodgers right now?
Speaker 2: I kind of think you do.
Speaker 3: Actually, you know, I mean I'm not panicked in terms of October, right I mean now, I think the problem now is, you know, is there going to be in October?
Speaker 2: You know, I think that right now. You know one thing I've always said, and I.
Speaker 3: Think I've said this on this program, you know a number of times over the years, is that at any given time, you know, the Dodgers have ten guys in their system who can beat the Rockies on a two day right, And you know a lot about getting into October is winning games like that, and you know the fact that they kind of got swept by like Anaheim that you know, I think obviously you know, the top end of the rotation, guys getting hurt again, that kind of happens.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: The one thing that's kind of separated the Dodgers over the years is that they've had the depth to withstand those losses.
Speaker 2: And right now, you.
Speaker 3: Know kind of those right, those kind of four A guys sort of speak that you know, you kind of bring up, you know, to kind of patch in holes. Uh, those have been right, those guys have not like performed really and just kind of going forward from here. You know, on one hand, you can say, Okay, there's all this time until October for guys to get right, and that is that's totally fair, right, that's totally true. At the same time, they're also like all these games that they kind of have to win, and you kind of look at the schedule right now, right, I mean, they're going to they have some tough games coming up. You know, they're going to go play the Mets, They're going to play the Guardians. You know, they got they're going to have San Diego a couple of times, they're going to get the giants coming up in the next month, and so you know, as I'm kind of looking at this pitching situation here, right, I mean, last now the starters is probably the guy that's gonna that's closest to returning, and he might be like a month out. You know, Snell's probably a little bit after that.
Speaker 2: Old Tani.
Speaker 3: We're not expecting to see after the All Star breaks. So you know, you're really gonna kind of have to count on some of these depths guys again, you know, the land and next of the world to really kind of come through for you, and they haven't done that yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I still think it's May twentieth in in you know, this was June twentieth, then maybe and they're at the situation and maybe, you know, I start to be having some concerns. But Billan, were you surprised at all about Austin Barton and Chris Taylor being let go?
Speaker 3: No, not really, I guess a little bit just in that, you know, I think, you know, I think the Dodgers have kind of done right by both of those guys, right, you know, the team obviously picked up Barnes's option before the season. You know, they were they were committed to him. You know, I think one kind of bad time for him was on the last road trip, you know, in Arizona.
Speaker 2: You know, he kind of too hot to throw it to second base.
Speaker 3: And I just think it kind of became obvious that kind of maybe from like a physical standpoint, right he he wasn't a major leaguer anymore, you know. I mean that said take nothing away from him. You know, he had a grade eleven year career, and I do think you know, he brought obviously something from like a game calling standpoint, you know, that was going to kind of maybe help some guys. But you know, you kind of saw the deterioration there, and you know, Taylor was kind of at the end of the right he was kind of the last guy on the roster. He was barely playing, you know. Kind of the one thing that I kind of thought was, you know, he was a couple of months away from kind of getting that ten years of service time, which I think gets you like a lifetime you know, health insurance or something. So I thought that they might want to kind of keep him around there. You know, Now my understanding was you know that he didn't want to kind of be you know, put on the phantom disabled list that he wants to play, and so you know he kind of forced the Dodger's hand there.
Speaker 2: So you know, yes and no.
Speaker 3: You know, just the fact that on one hand, you know, they kept these guys around for as long as they did, you know, would be kind of a little bit you know, you kind of question the timing a little bit of it, but you know the reality, you know, kind of going into kind of stuff like that about the pitching. They're in a race here, right, I mean, there there are other teams in this race, and I think those decisions reflect the urgency that the Dodgers have right now.
Speaker 1: And with James Outmann being sent down to the miners, I said to Rodney earlier, I don't know if we'll ever see him at Dodger Stadium again. I think he's available on a deal for minor leaguers. Do you agree?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know that said.
Speaker 3: Guys always get hurt, right, you know, you guys get sent down, you kind of never expect to see them again. Obviously, he's you know, he's got some athleticism. You know, we've seen him. You know, I think it was this rookie year where you know, he went through like a really bad slump and kind of right was able to kind of fight his way out of that. I think, you know, that's something you know, I agree that you know, he's sure he's a piece that you can throw into a trade. I'm not really sure any teams are going to be seeking James Outman, and so you know, obviously if you don't kind of get blown away or anything, he's he's kind of a nice piece to have just in case, again, somebody happens to go down in the future.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's kind of what I said, that he's a guy, he's first on the list to come right back up. He's been here before, especially if it's you know, it's late in the season, if it's September or something like that. And do you really want to bring someone who's not been up here before to fill a role because somebody got hurt, Whereas Autman has been up here before, so the experienced factor might might help them. Hey, Dylan, you just mentioned that Dodgers are in a race, and Andrew Friedman said that they're trying to win now. They are in a tough race. Of the teams in the West, outside obviously of the Rockies, who concerns you the most? I mean, is it the Padres or is it the Diamondbacks that still play with no fear when they play the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you know, Arizona they kind of don't have the pitching right, and in San Francisco is kind of on the opposite end of that, where their pitching has been pretty good, but they can't hit, you know, and so you kind of look at the balance of the teams. You know, probably San Diego obviously is the one that scares you.
Speaker 2: You know, obviously we've seen it kind of over the years.
Speaker 3: You know it kind of Machado there and Tatis just kind of right, they kind of ride their emotions right in a good way and in a bad way.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: We've seen that go really badly for them, you know, a couple of years ago, and you know last year we kind of saw that. Okay, you know what, they're riding in a good wave here. You know, they this is a team that can win a bunch of games in a row. So you know, to me, San Diego is kind of the team that they have to worry about.
Speaker 1: Okay, aside from the fact that San Diego is a team to worry about. We said this earlier as well. You know, it's funny. Before the season started, the only thing you heard was the Dodgers spent all this money, and the Dodgers were evil, and the Dodgers have the best team. We said, by the way, that doesn't ensure you win, but it certainly gives you a pretty good chance. As they've been going through what they've been going through, I've not heard one person talk about the money the Dodgers spent. It doesn't even seem to be relevant anymore.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: If they go on to win the World Series again, people will start right now, that's not even an issue. Do you find that interesting?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: And no.
Speaker 3: I mean it's you know, kind of I mean to me, right, this past off season was really like an extension of the previous one. And I think you're right, right, I mean, there's you know, how kind of you know, is who kind of what determines how good of a season you have, And if everybody gets hurt, well that's kind of a problem, right.
Speaker 1: I Mean.
Speaker 3: The one thing I do think that the Dodgers have kind of in their advantage right, is that Let's say some other team had you know, trader for glass now and signed Glass now to the type of extension the Dodgers did. You know, that's an albatross for pretty much every other team in Major League Baseball, maybe outside of the New York mess. You know, what do the Dodgers do. It's kind of like, Okay, well, we're not really sure you know, this this Glass out thing's ever going to work out. Let's go sign Blake Snell. Now, obviously that guy got hurt. You do kind of wonder going forward from here, right, you know, this coming off season. Not to look too far ahead, but you know, this coming off season, if if this looks like Snell is going to have some physical problems going forward, you know, do they have other you know, are they flush up with cash.
Speaker 2: To go out and get another guy or is there a limit to this?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Because if there is a limit to this, you know, I do think kind of what's happening this season is a little bit disconcerting in terms of going forward because they could limit them in terms of like what they can do. But yeah, you know, I think you're absolutely right just that, Yeah, Baseball, it's it's not.
Speaker 2: Like other sports.
Speaker 3: You know, usually you know, another sports, you just kind of get the best players things that will just kind of work out for you. Uh you know, I well, I guess I would say more about the Dodgers situation. Their money allows them to kind of paper over their mistakes, and that's definitely what they've done over the years.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh, Dylan, what do you make of an automated strike zone?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of one of those like human element type guys, right.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, I you know, I grew up like.
Speaker 3: Playing soccer and watching soccer and stuff, and I'm not a big fan for other vaar stuff, you know, I'm I don't mind diving in a lot of sports, you know, so I don't really like like the replay element of that, you know what. But you know, I guess now, you know, with the I guess with just how big sports betting has become, maybe it's become that much more important, right they you do get that in because you know, I do think you would look at the first right, I mean, if you know, let's just say baseball eventually gained the reputation of like a soccer or a boxing where you know, there's some of nefarious stuff going on. We'll be watching these games a lot differently, right and you know, little pitch outside here gets called for a strikes.
Speaker 2: You kind of wonder what's going on. And you know now that.
Speaker 3: I guess now that I'm kind of saying this out loud, Yeah, because of the gambling element. I do think that you need to get this maybe as consistent as possible.
Speaker 1: Delan Hernandez of The Times is with us. All right, Dellan, let's just shift over for one quick second. Talk some Lakers. Given the way things ended and now they need a big man. Do you think they will be appreciably different next year?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think there's obviously going to be pressure for them to do that. You know, I think there's they do kind of have this window right where it's they have Luca and Lebron, you know, I mean you can you can look at it kind of the Luca timeline, and okay, they have time to kind.
Speaker 5: Of do this. You know.
Speaker 3: It's interesting because I do think, you know, kind of put Rob Helnka's you know, I would say both his strength and maybe his weakness is kind of that he has He's patient, you know, and right every trade deadline.
Speaker 2: The truth is, you know, and all that bit is.
Speaker 3: That I'm kind of bagging the drab lebron times running out do something, do something, you know what, And had they maybe done that.
Speaker 2: Maybe they wouldn't have been in a position to get Luca.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: But I do kind of think here, now that you got those two guys, there is kind of this pressure to maximize this window, you know them kind of right avoiding that Mark Williams trade at the end, you do kind of wonder.
Speaker 2: Right, did that cost them?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: Should they have kind of gone for it despite you know, what they saw? That was kind of tough, you know. But I do think that there's kind of pressure, And yeah, I do kind of think that they will get that big man eventually.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you mentioned Luca Lebron Many talks about Austin Reeves and they should move him to get another big man. And do you believe that Austin Reeves is untouchable, which a lot of people are saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that kind of seems to be right.
Speaker 3: I think I think ownership really likes Austin Reeves, right, so that that kind of sees us to be entirely a basketball decision, right.
Speaker 2: You know, I think that that's kind of tough.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: I think when you kind of step back and kind of look at the team that they have. I mean, you have a forty year old Lebron James, you have a Luca Dnsis who's not a great defender, and you got Reeves out there who's also not a great defender. It makes it kind of tough to some people, you know, I think, and I think it'll come down to the deal, right. I mean, I think it's going to be one of those things where, you know, if you can kind of convince ownership that hey, this is a move that's going to get us to the championship level, then I think it happens.
Speaker 2: But if it's.
Speaker 3: Something a little bit below that, you know, and it's right because if you're you know, it's just like what they other job, right, you go to your boss and you say, hey, I think if we do this, we're going to get better. It's coming on how much of your reputation and your job security are you willing to stake on that? And so it's really gonna have to be a game changing type move. My guess is that it's not.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know. I find it hard to believe that they're gonna you know.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be something that's not off on our radar. I think if if Reevesays gets traded, it's gonna have to be of that magnitude.
Speaker 1: All right, Dylan, thank you, appreciate it as always, and have a great week.
Speaker 2: And you guys, thank you for having me on.
Speaker 1: Okay, there goes our buddy, Dylan Hernandez. Now here's the question, Dodger fans. You heard Dylan. Dylan had a bit more concern than we did. But uh, are you concerned at all right now about what's happening with the team. They've dropped four straight. They look terrible against the Angels last night, they were sheld early, couldn't come back. Uh eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy. So, Dodger fans, we haven't done this yet. This year. We'll open the phone lines. We're gonna go with the panic meter. Green, allgood, what are you talking about? Nothing to see here? Shut up? Orange. You know I'm a little bit worried about what's happening here. Red, I have real concerns. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy Naura. Let's fire up the old panic meter, Rodney and see what people have to say. Let's go bred Rug and Rodney pen on AM five seventy LA Sports. You understand why we're playing that. It's the team h Cheers. Yeah, and today we lost George went seventy six years old, the lovable character from Cheers, Norm the guy that sat at the bar. And if you remember when Norms used to be one of our partners, we would run that Norms. And that was because everybody would do that when Norm or George went walked into the bar at Cheer, big lovable everybody like George went seventy six years old. And uh, you know, Cheers was a part of Americana. There are some iconic television shows and generationally, you know, certain things stick out to you. But certainly a show like Cheers, I think transcends generations. Rodney, and it is one of the most viewed television shows in history.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's uh, yeah, it's it's one of those that had a great run to it. The characters were fantastic, you know, you know, you know the show's iconic. When they they give you the final episode of X Y z show. Right, it don't just go off the air. This will be the final episode of Tiers. Remember the final episode of Mash you know, and and Teers was one of those shows, and it created a lot of stars came from that show. So but again, yeah, George went the lovable character and I don't know, I mean, you got to be almost under rock if you lived in the eighties and nineties and not no nor from Cheers.
Speaker 1: The thing is so Cheers at its final episode, it was on NBC. Then they had this great idea they were going to go live to the actual Cheers Bar in Boston. Have you ever been there, Rodney? I have, yeah, okay, me too. Yeah, it's small, very it's small. They're going to go live to the Cheers Bar and they're going to have the cast there and they're actually going to be sitting in the bar and they're going to do like a half hour show. On paper. That sounded brilliant on paper, you thought, now that was good. This is going to be a killer. They didn't anticipate that the people would start drinking. They were in a bar. They did that thing, and even a cast members, we're just a little toasted. Let's hear it down a little bit. Yeah, oh it was great. It was really really funny. Okay, so now let's get to some calls, and the question is Dodger fans green, good? Orange? Man, I'm a little bit worried. Red. Oh my god, I'm panicked. Where are you with your panic meter? Let's see is anybody gonna do anything but green? Well, let's find out. We'll go to the ninety one pre way justin appreciate your holding drive safely. You're on the air.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I'm green all the way. They've got three MVPs. We had crabby pitch last year, still did it with Yamamoto. And plus the season's got about six months left before you would make the playoffs. So if you're not green, you're just a worried person.
Speaker 1: Yeah's right. If you're not green, you're a worried person. Maybe if you're not green, you must cry out for help. Because really, I thought he summed that up pretty honestly. Yeah, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't think we have quite six more months of baseball, but we got a lot of months left. But he's right, No, he's right. It's just it's way too early to beat Panny.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go down to Anaheim. Kenny, all right, thanks for holding Kenny. Are you from Anaheim?
Speaker 2: Yes, I am all right.
Speaker 1: That being said, you're from Anaheim. How did you feel about the angel sweeping the Dodgers?
Speaker 2: It hurt. It sucked to see.
Speaker 8: I will say Saturday night was a little bittersweet seeing Kershaw fight through four innings and having Candley come out in the ninth suck to Lewis, but it was a little bittersweet, that's all.
Speaker 5: I'll say.
Speaker 1: All right, so your panic meter is where.
Speaker 5: Free?
Speaker 8: We're okay, And I'll say this, we're still in first place. I decided we were green and we're fine before I even checked the standings, and I just checked them right now, we're still in first place. Like Bill Burr said about the United States Army in World War Two, we're gonna end up McDonald's in the rest of the league. With just more deaths, more pitching, they'll find a way.
Speaker 1: We're fine, Okay. I remember that from World War two? Thank you? Oh okay, in some history books. Okay, yeah, I think that was a big World War two slogan. We're going to McDonald's them.
Speaker 9: Oh, I thought you were on the front lines there, Fred.
Speaker 1: That's no, you didn't Phil Murray and Stripes. Fred, that's right. I thought I was in the front lines going on with let's go to Rosemead. Polo. Polo's on the phone, Hey, Polo, what's going on?
Speaker 10: Hey? Uh well, I guess it looks like everybody's saying green.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 10: I was gonna say green, but you know what, just to be doubled up, kid, Oh, I'll say what orange with the next one? Orange?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Orange?
Speaker 10: You know, sure, why not right now? Right now, I'll put that disclaimer right now? Yeah, sure, why not? It's a four game losing streak. We only had one, I believe four game losing streak last year. Now it's it goes past that. The yeah, but again it's all now, it's you know overall, Hey, we're good, all.
Speaker 1: Right, okay, said we're good. But he's just doing it for to be different, right, Well, he wanted to be Double's advocate. Yeah, okay, here is someone who always is optimistic. By the way, what's your panic meter? Eight six six, nine eighty seven two five seventy. But here is someone who was always optimistic. You can hear it in this person's voice. And understand it very clearly when they say it. We go back to Anaheim and welcome on, Isabelle. Isabelle, what is your panic meter?
Speaker 6: Hey plays by money coin some champion. I'm at week now, but I know I'm fine. You guys, we are still in first place. I mean with the guy you said right now, you know it's not like we are in atak. Yeah, it's first, lad In, trust me. I hate this. I even hated this weekend. Credit. It's just this weekend. I hate the Angels, EdWay, I'm pertady, but yeah, they'll be fine. He'll be fine.
Speaker 4: So wow, Okay, Yeah, that guttural sound you made concerned all of us, Isabelle.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, I'm fine, idea okay, yeah, I think I hate the angel so much anyway, and living in Anaheider and out there anyway.
Speaker 2: We have a good day, all right, you too?
Speaker 1: There goes Isabelle. I told you when she speaks, there is no question you know exactly where she stands. Although I have to be honest, and the years that a Bell has been calling the program, I've never heard of that sort of guttural emission that exploded from her during her conversation Rodney this nice, nice deed for you to point that out right, Well, you appreciate that.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: I I think it was an emotional thing. That's what I think it was. I think it was emotion, pure unbridled emotion. Okay, let's go to a San Jacinto Russ. Yeah, okay, oh uh, Joy for just a minute. It's about blas, it's about flax, all right, serious, okay, okay, all right, okay, A joy in Alpine, A Joy? Where's your meter?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 11: First, Briand I just got to say the next the next show might go after you for going after throwing it.
Speaker 1: Will, yes, they will.
Speaker 5: It is he that.
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 1: No? Joy? This is good? Do they do? They put her on for a long periods of time.
Speaker 11: I think they had it on for her birthday last time, and they had her on for a bit, had on for a bit.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we do wish your happy birthday. Sure, you know what, we wish your belated happy birthday. That's just as good.
Speaker 2: There you go, there you go.
Speaker 11: That makes so worth. You're in the green. Now you're in the green too.
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 11: No, but I think we're in the green.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 11: I have a runny joke with my unfortunate Yankee cousins pre Independence Day, post Independence Day. You guys have stayed in multiple times. We haven't been told yet that any of these injuries are major in the Pigeon staff. Let's wait for them to come back. You guys clearly stayed at it earlier. You know, we get them back then it's a whole different ballpark and we got time to go. We're still in first place.
Speaker 1: All right, there, you go appreciate it a joy. Yeah, no worries right now. No worries. I don't see why anyone would be concerned at this point except the person that said I'll be Devil's advocate and just be concerned. You just have to understand fans in this city are unlike fans in most places because you have ridden this wave and you did it last year, and you saw when they hit the beach and we're still standing, and you know they're going to be ups and downs. Also, if you're a Dodger fan, you are well aware of the fact that they suffer injuries, and certainly to their pictures in the past, you were trying to figure out what happened because all of the young guys in the system would come up and suddenly they were hurt. This year, Blake Snell didn't come up in the system. Rookie Sazaki has been here for ten minutes. So these are just other kinds of arm injuries. Tyler Glassnell, that's a different story. But you have to remember Rodney when the Dodgers signed him, Yeah, they knew that he had problems. He had had problems in the past. Yeah, they knew his history in Tampa.
Speaker 4: So yeah, they knew what they were getting and they were just, you know, just hoping that they could, you know, get the better version, the healthier version of him, and keep it going. But unfortunately, the last couple of years he's suffered those injuries.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go down to Anaheim. Hector was holding, we have a lot of people in Anaheim that listen to the show. They're kind of down there in Angel territory. So Hector appreciate you holding. Where's your panic meter at?
Speaker 12: So I'm saying red. If you look at the next thirty games because of the teams we have to play with. If you're looking at the All Star break, it should be orange. If you're looking at October, it's green. But the next thirty days, thirty games are so important for the Dodgers. The starting pitching needs at least give us five innings, if not six, whenever you can. Today's the big day with yamam little pitching, because there's not all the pressure goes on the bullpen, and the bullpen can't seem to hold it. They're tired. You're using fresh new arms that we that most Dodger offense may may not have heard of at the beginning of the season, like Luis Garcia, Servino Sour. I mean, it's it's tough, so right right now, over the next thirty days, also break orange October green, We'll be fine.
Speaker 1: All right, appreciate that, Thanks so much. All Let's go to Fullerton, Antonio. You're on a five seventy LA Sports and you're thinking, what all good?
Speaker 5: Oh, we're all.
Speaker 2: Good over here. But I think I might as well piggyback right off what Hector just said earlier. He's right. These next couple of days, these games are very important.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of work to do, but the Dodgers are just such a great organization that they got this green light all the way.
Speaker 1: All right, great Gabriel and the LBC Gabriel for calling. Thanks for holding. Go ahead.
Speaker 13: Hey, how's it going, Rogan Rodney?
Speaker 5: Thank you good Michael.
Speaker 13: All My panic meter is orange. You know, I'm I'm a little concerned, but not overly concerned, you know, like many have touched on. Last year, we had a lot of injuries throughout the season. Yamamoto was out for three months. And it's funny, Fred, you had said too, like why our why aren't our pitchers just always getting hurt? And you know when when this comes up this time of year, it's like, Okay, here we go again. But the only thing that will make me worry a little bit is we're losing some games that we should be winning. And in a tight n ol West race. You know, I hope that doesn't come to hurt us at the end. So Orange, you know, we'll figure it out.
Speaker 1: Nice, Gabriel appreciate that.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Two more, we'll go to Dwarte. Spencer is holding. Spencer you think all is good? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're green.
Speaker 9: I think Dave's got such a good idea of how the roster works that you know, he's been able to tiptoe around all these injuries for so many years that I mean, if it comes down to the end of the season and we're not looking good. Then it gets a little spooky. But hey, Fred, I got a question for you. What why are you big league?
Speaker 2: And Izzy? Huh what?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah you heard that too, didn't you heard that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Come on, come on, Rodnie, you gotta put him in his place.
Speaker 11: That's the biggest Dodger fan in Los Angeles. And you're going, okay, doing all the dad.
Speaker 1: Com Yeah yeah, yeah, him called him that.
Speaker 9: What I was doing got about to l a great is the best we got?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not question no he.
Speaker 2: Dare you?
Speaker 1: Okay, let's okay, Yeah, I'm not questioning.
Speaker 2: And okay, yeah, okay, Fred.
Speaker 1: I'm not, but you gotta I mean, you know, Mitch is a different story.
Speaker 2: Now, come on, Mitch is a nerd?
Speaker 6: Is the queen of Buena Park?
Speaker 2: How dare you pray? Don't you step to the queen?
Speaker 1: Ok? Sorry, all spent your I apologize, all right, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Don't apologize to me, apologize to the queen.
Speaker 1: I already I already said happy belated birthday to the Queen.
Speaker 9: I know she had an adult though, I think goodbye goodness.
Speaker 1: All right, let's let's wrap it up with ed in East Vale, Ed, go ahead, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Guys?
Speaker 5: Rodney?
Speaker 14: First of all, First of all, your son is an inspiration. We have two autistic grandsons, and I look at our J and I just I get choked up when I think about what he's doing. And I'm just so impressed with what you and Holly do with him, and what a great young man he is.
Speaker 1: Appreciate it, man, Thanks for saying that.
Speaker 14: No, dude, r J inspires so many people. Just so you know, I can't talk about it without crying, but really really dazzled. You guys are great friends. You and I went to SC together.
Speaker 13: You wouldn't remember me.
Speaker 14: I definitely remember you and said when you were working with TJ that Fred was your TJ. Eighteen years ago, you get James Denton in studio with you, and I was running the Fullerton Flyers, and I call it in and we got Jamie to come on and eventually became an owner of our team. And my reason for the call in response to your question is in my early baseball we won a championship that year and it is hard to come back and repeat. I've been orange on the Dodgers since the beginning, not that I don't believe in the moves, and not that I don't believe in this team that you guys know, it's been twenty five years since anybody's done it. So I worry about the systemic issues with the pitching, the injuries that's been going on for years. There's something going on where the Dodgers, more than anyone, have all these injuries, and I worry that if our pitching doesn't get right. And the optimist in me says we will, but the realist in me worries. So I'm orange as much as I'm a diehard Dodger fan and I want to be green, I worry that the pitching won't hold up. So that's my response. And again, r J, thank you and Fred.
Speaker 1: Good to reconnect that great talking to you.
Speaker 4: That was very much absolutely absolutely yeah, thank you for saying that it. Yeah, yeah, you look at it from AFAR. I mean, we're in it every day, but you look at it from AFAR You're like, what's going on with the Dodger pitching In the last few years. It's been and I don't know the stats right off the top of my head, but more injuries to the pitching staff than any other team out there.
Speaker 1: It just feels that way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And is it something that's going on the way they're doing it, I don't know, but it's very very strange that year after year after year there's the pitching issues.
Speaker 1: Well, they're looking into it. During the offseason. They conducted a study. Neil Alatroge was involved, Yeah, Andrew Fraeman was involved, Brandon Golmes was involved, and they're trying to come up with the reasons why those guys got hurt. But again, this year is a little different. Again, Sazakti just got here, so they didn't do anything. Blake Snell, they didn't do anything. It wasn't because of the way they taught them to pitch or anything. Last now we know he was hurt, but it was hurt for a got here, then it was healthy. I don't know if he's if he's even made it through a season not getting hurt. U Yammoto had a sore arm last year. He's okay this year. So I think this year is a little different because these guys haven't come up through the Dodger system, and not that the Dodger system is wrong, but they looked at it and I don't know. I don't think they published all of the findings of that report yet, but you can rest assured the Dodgers know there was a situation and they have been looking into it. Ken looks be deceiving. That's next.
Speaker 15: Oh, Roddy p Fred Rogan and just just a big shout out all they called in, especially our good friend Isabelle, and just want to give her some love.
Speaker 4: Because I don't know. She heard Fred mumbling while she was talking. I was just admiring what she was saying. Yeah, yeah, no, he loves he she knows that.
Speaker 1: I know all he does. Okay, so there's some concern for Bill Bolichick, you think, Yeah, there's some concern. New York Times report came out and in there it was suggested that he is now and not confirmed, but suggested that he is now engaged to his girlfriend, Jordan Hudson. She's twenty forty seventy two. But now that was suggested and suddenly people became like a little freaked out by this. His family and friends are concerned that she basically has just cast a spell over him. She's controlling all of his stuff away from football. She's not going to be in the huddle calling plays. But she has become the Bill Belichick brand manager. She is making deals, she is stopping deals.
Speaker 13: And.
Speaker 1: She is very, very ingrained in Bill Belichick's world, Rodney, should people be concerned for Bill Belichick? Do you have concerns about Bill Belichick? Well, first off, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't claim to know too much about his relationship with Jordan other than there's a big age gap.
Speaker 1: And I think that she.
Speaker 4: I think he Someone was reported that he went to she. I guess she's still like a beauty pageant girl. She was running for second runner up in Miss Maine and Miss Maine, and and he was sitting next to her forty nine year old father.
Speaker 1: Correct. I guess, So that's a little weird. That's a little weird.
Speaker 4: I will say, like I said, I don't know the ins and outs of their relationship, and I don't think anybody really does until there's a lot of speculation. But it was a little cringey when she was in the background of that CBS Morning interview and basically was given the thumbs up, thumbs down, we're not talking about this, We're not talking about that, basically directing the whole interview from the couch, not all the way off camera, by the way, you could kind of see her and she was chiming in along the way.
Speaker 1: And you just don't.
Speaker 4: All the years of seeing and hearing Bill Belichick and the way he has been, you know, in control of situations, to see him again from afar that he is not in control of his life or his narrative. It feels very very strange and weird.
Speaker 1: It does seem weird, yeah, and it really seems weird. And I don't mean to make it an age thing, but you have someone who is highly successful and accomplished to what they do, made an awful lot of money doing it, and a champion seventy two years old, and all of a sudden it appears that someone twenty four has now captured anything he does and is making the decisions on it. I don't know. And maybe she's a brilliant business person and wise beyond her years, but I'm thinking at a certain point, experience does have something to do with the way you operate. And Bill Belichick is operated in the public eye for years. For Jordan, she has burst into the public eye given her relationship with Bill, and the concern here is that people are worried that she has now just basically put him in a trance and whatever she says goes. I mean, she's not going to be calling plays at North Carolina. She's not going to come out of the huddle, I know.
Speaker 4: Like people suggesting that she's in meetings and stuff like that, She's.
Speaker 1: Not going to do that. No, she's not going to be at North Carolina next to him. No.
Speaker 4: North Carolina had to come out. I guess they were reported that they say she's not welcome on campus or something like that, and then they had to come out with the statements that we never said that and we love her. Yeah, I don't care. If you know, if she's a she's a savant. At twenty four years old. You do not have the life experience. You just don't. You don't have life experience that he has, or even some things that are going on in the world or the business world that he's involved in, and that only comes from living. That only comes from living, and so she doesn't quite have that. So to turn that over to someone that young who doesn't have that kind of experience, I think for the people close to him and the people around him, it's a little frightening.
Speaker 1: All right, here's a question, then, won't go to break? Here's a question. What will happen first? North Carolina will when the National College Football Playoff? That's option one or option two? Bill Belichick, Mary's Jordan Hudson. What will happen first? Bill Belichick marries Jordan? That's right.
Speaker 4: Here comes to ride, here comes to pride. I think you never win a championship in North Carolina?
Speaker 1: All right? How about this? Do you think you will marry her? Yeah? I do? Oh God, not, I do?
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 1: I can't believe you said that. I do. You don't think? You don't think outside voice with that? You should just think to yourself, yeah he will, but your answer should be no, there's no way.
Speaker 4: But you just know came unfortunately. I gotta be real about it, Fred, and I think he will. I think he is what they call sprung. Okay, all right, he's sprung. Uh So what Kevin put is Kevin put in a note?
Speaker 2: Don't say it?
Speaker 3: I know what I wrote in the rundown.
Speaker 1: You gotta break run?
Speaker 11: Yeahs.
Speaker 1: The wader of either of you have noticed that. By the way, why don't you want right need to say? You know pro your eyes only, you know. Okay, when we come back, more Dodgers will plunket o C Register