Speaker 1: I was on vacation last week and I was going to listen to the Minnesota Goodbye, but then I thought, na two thanks number one. I couldn't figure out how to bluetooth. I mean, I know how a bluetooth my phone to my car, but I had a rental car and it's like not pairing, not pairing whatever. So then I thought, maybe it's a message. Because I really try not to listen to work stuff or really even check work email when I'm gone, because it's just too easy to get like, I don't know, sucked into work when you're on vacation. What I missed on the Minnesota Goodbye last week? Any themes, any good stuff come up? Oh man, have any naughty Tuesdays last week?
Speaker 2: It's hard and we didn't have any naughty Tuesdays. It's really hard to think back on that because that was like, we only went till Wednesday last week. So now you're asking me almost a week ago, so we talked about and my brain is mush right now.
Speaker 1: It's okay, here's an email that this has come up. I think a couple of times Dave and Gang longtime listeners since I moved to the cities in six. I listened to the show and after the show podcast on iHeart after the fact due to work, okay, but listen to Dave talk about his pups prints and getting a tattoo. I wrote in a month ago or so about my boy Benji. You read it both on the show in the Minnesota goodbye. Honestly, I shared it with my entire family. Benji got his few minutes of fame, and I cannot talk you to thank you all enough. It truly made my freaking year. Anyway, when Benji got sick, my sister gifted me with a no mess ink pad. I took my boy's prints before he was super sick. I ended up getting his little print tatted on my wrist and forearm. My next tattoo will be a portrait of my boy. Also after they passed. Most vets will do a pawprint in some dog like stuff for a keepsake. It's so special extra pick of my boys. Earn h, I'm gonna get teared up. This is not the first person who has recommended this. I think a listener wrote in a month or so ago when I was talking about Josie and because she's fifteen almost sixteen, and she is really slowing down, And they said, and I ordered it. I did. I bought the paw print, the the no ink pawprint where you bush basically put their paw on it and it transferred it to a piece of paper. So I do have that one. And I probably will set an appointment to get a tattoo in the next couple of weeks because I want to get it before she's gone. Yeah, so she can see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so sweet.
Speaker 1: She You know what's weird, Jenny is you know you see all these videos on Instagram of like this is the owner being reunited with their dog after two weeks, or the owner gets home from work and the dog is so excited. Josie was at the kennel for about from Friday to yesterday, so I mean that's like a week and a couple of days. And so Susan went to get her, and I really expected that when she got out of the car and saw me, she would run to me in wagertail and be so happy. No, she really didn't care. And it was really weird.
Speaker 2: Not that she didn't care, she's just getting older.
Speaker 1: She just really kind of gave me no attention at all. It was weird because this is the dog that used to wait for me at the bottom of the stairs every Saturday and Sunday morning, and when she'd see me come out of the bedroom, she would like get excited and spin in circles. And this time she really was just kind of like confused. But what I did do is I picked her up, and I held her on my lap and I gave her a little scratches and told her how sweet she was, and then i'd stop scratching. And you know exactly what they do when you stop scratching, They look at you like, bitch, is that all yep?
Speaker 2: Give me more?
Speaker 1: So I'd scratch her some more and she'd relax and I'd stop, and she'd look at me again with those big brown eyes from like five inches away and be like, you got more of those. So she still loves her scratches, but she is definitely She had trouble jumping on the couch the other day, and that was the first time I ever saw that happen, because she used to like she's got a spot on the couch and she tried to jump, she didn't make it. She fell over landed on her back, and then she kind of walked away, like, fuck, what happened?
Speaker 2: Oh? So I like hate seeing things like that happened to dogs. We watch dogs, you know, and we have one called his name's Blue, and we're watching him this weekend. And we've been watching him for almost two years now, and we see him frequently, and I've seen like that decline of like he can't really jump up and down anymore, like fourteen.
Speaker 1: Oh he's an old boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a little bit older now, but like you know, his energy is still there for the most part, Like he likes to play catch, but it's harder for him to see the ball. And I just, man, it's so hard to see dogs get to that age where they can't do those simple things that you know, dogs should be able to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's like, and that's the thing. Somebody sent us a chart and we talked about this a couple of months ago, Jenny, where it's like, here's the checklist to see whether your dog is like still enjoying life or not. And Josie is definitely still enjoying life. It was so cute. It's kind of a long story, but she did sleep. She doesn't get on the bed with me. Because she wears a diaper. I'm not gonna have a dog and a diaper on my bed and pee in my bed right. But she's on the floor next to my bed all last night and I looked down and she there. She was right snuggled up by the bedside because she loves her daddy. Good. Uh. Next one is from Rebecca. She said, if you need something to talk about on the Minnesota Goodbye, here's an idea. I just listened to a podcast called Unbelievable the Coco Berthman Story on the iHeartRadio app. It's a great podcast, highly recommend. A while back, David recommended Queen of the Con and I like that. If you like that, you'll like this welcome back from Rebecca. I'm going to take a picture of this one because I do need a new podcast to listen to while I'm on the treadmill at snap. Unbelievable the Coco Berthman Story. Have you heard about that? Do you know anything about it? No?
Speaker 2: I haven't. When you are on the treadmill, you listen to podcasts, not music.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah yeah, act do you can't.
Speaker 2: Like stay focused? I need like I need that music to like pump me up for treadmill time.
Speaker 1: I get it. Yeah, I can do either way. I music sometimes works and sometimes it's a podcast. I do this stare monster over its snap, which is like basically climbing stairs. I love that you call it that. It is a bitch and I hate it, but it is. I mean, you talk about burn the calories, man, they just melt right off. Britney writes in She says, hey, y'all scroll in Facebook. Saw a post from a friend who complimented someone on being an amazing traveler. I'm here for it. It was very sweet, but I started thinking, I never heard of that as a compliment before. So what do you think makes an amazing traveler? Audios from Britney. I don't know, Jenny, do you want to handle what makes somebody an amazing traveler? They complimented somebody said you're an amazing traveler.
Speaker 2: I think it probably depends on the person. I think it probably depends on if they're going to a lot of different places, or if they're seeing unique things, or if they're traveling frequently but doing it frugally. I don't know. I mean, I've been told that I plan like really great trips and stuff, which is why I try. I put together a travel website because I feel like I'm really really good at finding like hidden gems and doing things also in a cheap way, like I I'm not a five star hotel kind of girl. I'm a cheap Airbnb or whatever it might be. So yeah, I think it would just depend on what the person's doing while they're traveling to get that kind of company.
Speaker 1: Well, now it's like your travel website.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's meetmeof grid dot com. I just slow down what meet me off grid dot com? And if you want, I just put up a bunch of info for the North Shore because I just went up there this weekend. So I did a full guide and put that together if you want to check that out. So I got a lot of different things down there.
Speaker 1: Uh, check it out. I saw the pictures up by the frozen waterfall. What's it called the frost pit? What's the hole? Icehole?
Speaker 2: I like that they should change it to that. It's Devil's kettle, Devil's cattle.
Speaker 1: I close the frost pit.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I would just say, well, I don't know where you got that one from, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, check that out, all right, Taylor writes in Dave, Jenny Bailey, and vant I've been trying to think of something funny to say, but I haven't in my coffee yet, so I'm sorry. I really hope you've seen the TikTok trend. Well maybe not you, Dave, but it's we listen and we don't judge.
Speaker 2: Vont did it last week with Alissa what is it? So basically we're mina something that's either that they do or it's something about their partner or friend, and then after you say it, you all say, we listen and we don't judge.
Speaker 1: I remember her saying your barbecue chicken gives me diarrhea.
Speaker 2: Yes, that, And then Vont said that Alyssa's breath is so disgusting in the morning he can't handle it, and he went hard on Alyssa's breath.
Speaker 1: I was like, maybe, oh yeah, so thank you, Taylor, we did see that, but I appreciate that. And next one, no, that is not okay. Here's one. This is from Bailey, not our Bailey, but Bailey comp Dave. I remember listening to your morning show maybe tennis years ago, when Breaking Bad ended and you said you brought some bots some props used on the show I am a huge fan of Breaking Band. I've watched it since it came on Netflix. Would have loved to get a piece of memorabilia from the show. Could you remind me what props you bought and if you don't mind, how much you paid. Thanks love the show that is Bailey. Yes, I did, and it was a weird experience. And I will tell you be very careful when you buy Hollywood screen used memorabilia. Here's what I bought. The best thing I bought was I'll save that for last, but I bought Jesse's watch from season one or two or three, and it was like a you know, like a dressy kind of a watch. It was kind of cool, but I'm pretty sure it was fake. And it even came with a hologram Sony Pictures certificate of authenticity. But I'm pretty sure it was not the real one. The reason why it showed nowhere at all. In other words, you put on a watch band like a belt, you know, the belt's got like little holes in a buckle yea on this watch band. If he had worn it, it would have shown some signs of it being worn. There were no signs of it being worn ever, not even once. As a matter of fact, the band had no curve to it at all, like it was still straight out of a box. And I think it was they sold me something that wasn't really used in the show. Gosh, not uncommon when you buy memorabilia like this. The next one I bought was the binoculars, tiny little binoculars that Walter uses. He's on top of the parking garage and he's watching somebody, and I bought those binoculars. Now again, I looked very closely at the ones that I bought and the ones like a still from Walter White holding the binoculars, and they could have been the same, but they also might not have been the same, like a scuff mark here that wasn't in that picture, and I think again it might they might have sold me a fake one. But the one that I'm pretty sure of was I bought Skinny Pete's hat. And if you know Skinny Pete in the show, he always wears a little beanie cap and there were certain thread flaws in it that were the same on the show as that were on the hat that I bought. So Carson and his friends thought that was really cool, and that was the one that I knew that Skinny Pete actually wore. And Skinny Pete was the guy that played him, was doing an interview after the show ended, and he said, they said, what happened to your hat? And he's like, man, I don't know, but it ought to be in the Smithsonian And I'm like, oh, dang, I own that hat and I sold it on eBay and I think I got nine hundred bucks for it something like that. I don't remember.
Speaker 2: Do you remember how much you paid for it?
Speaker 1: I don't probably five hundred dollars or something least. Yeah, but be careful by and not that many people listening are never going to buy like set movie used memorabilia, but a lot of it is fake, so be careful. Next one, let me delete that one from Bailey And here we go with that one's really long, so I'm gonna skip that one. Go to ooh, that one's even longer. Yeah. And the reason I like don't read the long ones is because sometimes we get like two paragraphs into it and we realize it didn't need to be that long. Yeah, So let's try this. When it says Minnesota, goodbye Urgent. Okay, you ready, yep? Okay, Dave Ryan, Mimi here, I'll be late for work because of the urgency in which I need to send you this email. Work can wait. I'm listening to the podcast where you're wondering what to do with your boxes and boxes of old tapes for your show. Do you know who would treasure and actually listen to them? Fans and listeners. With that being said, let's capitalize on this to drive donations to Christmas Wish. What if you offered a limited Mystery Dave Ryan tape gift with a donation of one hundred dollars. Even sending out fifty tapes would make a great donation or addition to the program. Get Secretary Brie on this. This way, you're chipping away your tape stash, delighting listeners, and doing good. I don't know that people would really want those, because it's email.
Speaker 2: And about it. I think that people would like them.
Speaker 1: But would you want a random show from like August third of two thousand and six, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I can't personally say that I would, but that's because I'm a minimalist. There are so many people out there, though, that have grown up listening to the show. It might be something like nostalgic that brings them so much joy.
Speaker 1: What if it was a show from like August third of nineteen eighty seven. Now we're going back thirty five years and it's not even in Minneapolis. That'd be Columbus, Ohio.
Speaker 2: Would anybody will not have a label according to like when.
Speaker 1: I got the dates on them, so i'd know what radio station I've work.
Speaker 2: I think it's still be fun because it's your voice. I think that people are the most interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah you think so. Yeah, I mean I find that flattering. But I don't know what the appeal of that would be. But you know, hey, if you got a thought on that, let me know. And first of all, Mimi, thank you for bringing that up. Lastly, if I were Dave Ryan, I would plan on dropping off a few at your local half priced book are cheapo for someone to discover. That would be a riot to find a vintage Dave Ryan tape. Love y'all. Thanks for everything. Gotta go, Mimi, thank you very much. I will consider that because I was going through we got the Christmas tree out of the basement yesterday and I found a giant box of old cassette tapes, so that would.
Speaker 2: Be a good I like that suggestion though, dropping off at like a cheapo or something. Because Andrew's friend found a KTEWB record from like nineteen eighty or something and it was signed of like the DJs at the time, and I remember I showed Rich and he remember he knew who all of them were and stuff, and no kidding, really, he bought it and he gave it to me and I was like, that's so cool. I haven't played it because my record player is broken, but it's really cool and I love it.
Speaker 1: We get once in a while somebody will send in an old like nineteen sixties album. That's not what you're talking about, though, is it.
Speaker 2: No, it's like an actual record, Okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, so people there. I guess back in the sixties, KTWB would release a like a yearly and you will hit collections or something.
Speaker 2: I think it is like a mixture of songs on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it was kind of like now a now thirty seven or a now eighty two or whatever, and they were records and they had Katie would be like, you know, art all over the cover. So and I'll see those once in a while. People will send it to you and say, hey, I found this in my dad's garage. Do you want it? And it's like, yeah, that's cool. But I've already got about seventeen of them, so thank you. All right, if I didn't get to your email today because it's long, for example, Thurston and Alicia, give me a minute to write to read through these, because again, I really appreciate you writing in a long email, but I want to make sure that we can, you know, squeeze all of that in. That is it for now. Thank you for listening to the Minnesota Goodbye. Send your emails into Ryan Show at KDWB dot com