Speaker 1: All right, I want to start the show today by giving somebody a shout out. And this isn't something that I planned. And by the way, my wife's now calling me back. I just called her a couple of stars and get that. She's just not good with her phone. And in a lot of ways, it's great she's not married to her phone, you know, Like I'll just be walking around the house. I'll be like, oh, look, my wife left her phone here and it's just sitting like. It's great, right, she's not married to I would love to write that, ye, how can you? I can't be without my phone?
Speaker 2: That's good man. My parents are like that, you call them, don't reach them. Okay, good right, but I appreciate that they're not, you know, married to the phone. I've been doing that too. I'm putting the phone in the other room and just I'm not here. So if you want me, you're gonna have to find out where I live.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Uh so I was calling her. I had a question for her. Anyways, I want to start the show off. What people are we gonna ask her? I wasn't gonna Oh what I was going to ask her? I can't tell you. I'll tell you there. Yeah, I'll tell you in the commercial. But you eighteen, I know that.
Speaker 3: What years he was eighteen?
Speaker 4: Me?
Speaker 1: But you guys, we all do different things to relax and unwind. Like, what do you guys do when you just want to veg out or chill or hang out and just turn your brain off?
Speaker 3: What do you like to do?
Speaker 2: I go to work.
Speaker 5: I was about to say, I play guitar, I learned new songs. I do knit.
Speaker 3: Yes, you are the coolest knitter.
Speaker 5: I don't know about that.
Speaker 3: I mean, she is a guitar thrashing knitter.
Speaker 2: That's pretty coold partial old lady. Yeah. Then, but then not not at all. You should have been born in the sixties or seventies.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, I would have preferred, yeah to see Zeppelin at least once later before Bonham died. That would have been awesome.
Speaker 3: But then you wouldn't have Mike.
Speaker 5: This is true, but Michael was born in seventy four.
Speaker 1: She'sizing Okay, but yeah, that's really cool, and you'll you'll do a puzzle.
Speaker 5: Or oh yeah, things like that, right.
Speaker 2: Puzzle, Yeah, ye, Kati drink Okay, dude. The guitar thing is I do play guitar. And go sing a terrible key, and then I like to go to the there's a little golf ranch by my house. Yeah, the Richardson golf ranch, who hit some golf balls, some balls. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like what I like to do is so weird because of my age. But I like to play Fortnite. It's weird. I'm just an old man playing Fortnite.
Speaker 5: It's not that weird. Mike plays Fortnite. He plays Call of Duty, Plase see thieves.
Speaker 1: I have a couple of different guys that I play with, and I pretty kind of like your Like your boyfriend Mike plays with one guy. I kind of am the same way. I pretty much play with just the one or two or three guys. And I want to start the show off in a unique place because we're gonna get to the intro.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: This isn't necessarily for fun, but I just want to say something that inspired me, and I hope it inspires someone out there. And I have no idea what anyone is going through or what have you. But a good friend of mine named Jason Little, his son Jackson, was diagnosed with leukemia over a year ago, okay, and he is somebody that's been playing youth sports with my son Miles his whole life and so or since we moved out to prosper So I've known this family. I mean, they're amazing people. And so last night I was playing Fortnite with Jason and his son Jackson, and Jackson carries us. Of course, he's like really good and we we're two dads playing with him and we're just like dead weight. He's carrying us through the map and we're getting wins and stuff, and we're playing with our other buddy, mav Jim as well. And so at some point towards the end of the night, Jason says about his son Jax. He's like, he's like, yeah, Jack's got a tough week. You know, He's got chemo every day this week. Not a great way to head into spring break. And Jackson goes, yeah, but at least it's not spring break, and he was so happy and he was finding the silver lining and he was like, you know what, this is good news though, because it's not during our spring break.
Speaker 3: And you know what, that kid is a badass.
Speaker 1: He's been fighting leukemia for over a year and that's not fair.
Speaker 3: No kid as for that.
Speaker 1: No kid deserves that, and he we're sitting they're feeling worse for him than he is because he's happy that it's not going to be during his spring break. So we want to dedicate this show to Jackson. Little you are an inspiration, a total badass. We love you. Hurry up and get through this week so you can keep carrying me and your dad in Fortnite. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: Dark time Bodies. Right now, you're ready, ready, ready, ready, right to do.
Speaker 4: Quick quick wit epan whin.
Speaker 6: I'll show you going ruin in. He except to a similar sweet pursuing it. Donld out Shaw shank through the sewer. Kid now with chill in that day eagle. Yeah, we're doing it. Three o'clock on the doc. Gotta have it for my house a go status. How we'd starting to get Craddy shows that enough multiply like a rabbit tune end zone out, crank it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 7: I'm on hang out with my friend rocking in on the radio, my homeboys in hand talking on the radio.
Speaker 4: It's time to to this.
Speaker 2: Fot oh baby baby go at ten.
Speaker 4: All the on the radio.
Speaker 1: All right, we are ready to get this party started, to get this week started, and I'll be damned if we don't have little MAVs basketball happening here on the Eagle tonight. Skin is not with us today because he has traveled to go do this game the television broadcast in San Antonio, So if you watch the game tonight, you'll be able to see Skin. They're in San Antonio on the call, which is really really cool. But I find myself absolutely consumed with the Luca trade non stop, and every time I try to get over it, I'm pulled right back into it. And I had mentioned my buddy Jason Little, his wife val and Jackson Little and his little sister.
Speaker 3: Peyton, and they are an awesome family.
Speaker 1: But anytime Jason and I get on the game, we immediately start talking about the trade. We can't get past it. So then while I'm playing, I'm sitting at or if I'm playing with Jim, we sit there and we're talking about the trade. Then I'm off the game, I'm talking to my sons. We're talking about the trade. Then I turn on TV and on SNL they're talking about the trade, and then I see there's a Lakers game, and obviously you can't escape the trade like you just can't escape. But it's everywhere, non stop, and I'm.
Speaker 3: At this point with it.
Speaker 1: The Mavericks played the Suns over the weekend and Kevin Durant was in town, and there was this moment where Kevin Durant is over by the MAVs bench and he's covering his mouth, kind of like an NFL coach when they're calling in a play. I don't want anyone to read their lips or pitching coaches at the mound talking to his picture. And Jason Kidd is covering his mouth. Now, who knows what they're saying. They probably have a long, rich history. They're two of the greatest basketball players in the history of mankind. But everybody's digging into that, going, hey, look at that. What is Could Katie have been saying come get me? Could Jason Kidd have been saying, Hey, We're gonna come get you. I mean, they're not allowed to like talk about that, but you know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It probably wasn't like Jason Kidd going, hey, remember when we beat you in the twenty eleven Western Conference Finals when you were with the Thunder that long time ago.
Speaker 3: Was yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: Probably wasn't that, and you really Jason Kidd didn't really say much anyways. You know, it feels like he's kind of just kind of a mumble guy. You know, yeah, five words or less. So I don't know, it is interesting. Katie's kind of got that demeanor too, though he didn't talk much.
Speaker 3: No I saw him. Who was it? Oh, Skip Bayless? Skip last night? Last night? I mean, I do everything I can to avoid Skip Bayless. I don't follow him.
Speaker 1: I don't want anyone to send me his stuff, but I do follow Kevin Durant. And yesterday Kevin Durant reposted Skip Bayless talking about how him, Kevin Durant is washed and he's at the end of his ride and he just doesn't care anymore. And Kevin Durant reposted is like, yeah, I guess we're both washed, man like, and they're like, why do you care what Skip Bayles says?
Speaker 2: He can't help it. I mean, he created the burner account. You know, he takes in the feedback. He's from that generation though, as we all are. I guess well, there is a lot of speculation. There are a lot of rumors out.
Speaker 1: There that maybe the MAVs will go get Kevin Durant this offseason, and it's gonna take so much to go get him. I mean you would have to trade PJ. You'd have to trade probably don't say Lively. I mean, I don't know. You might have to give up. You might be able to hold on to Lively, but you'd trade Gafford. You'd have to trade Clay because you have to match get close enough on the salaries.
Speaker 3: I mean, you'd have to load up.
Speaker 1: It would basically gut your team to go get him. But what we're really and we've got polls up if you want to go to ninety seven to one The Eagle dot or not dot com, if you want to go to ninety seven one the Eagle. On social media, there's poles up. Would you want the MAVs to go get KD Go vote on that. I would love to know your thoughts because no matter how you feel about the trade, it's happened and it can't be undone.
Speaker 3: And so the.
Speaker 1: MAVs have expedited their timeline with Luca. Maybe we felt like we had a decade of being a contender bye and that could be right or wrong, but that's how we all felt by trading Luca, you've expedited that. And now you've got you know, Kyrie, who's going to be coming back from an injury. You've got Anthony Davis. You know, these are guys who are over thirty two years old, and so kd I think is he thirty five thirty six? Now?
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, really yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean it's like, all right, do you want to go for it at the you say Kyrie gets back maybe towards the end of next year.
Speaker 3: You could go for it next year and then maybe one more year.
Speaker 2: I would say, kyat let's say Carrie's back in January. You right back to twelve months and we'll do ten months. Yeah, so he's back in January, right, Yeah, of Kadi thirty seven year old season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, but it's okay, so Anthony Davis would still be around. Yeah, So it's either that, it's it's Kyrie, it's Kyrie A d.
Speaker 2: Kady and Lively you might as well. I think there's probably a portion of the fan base who would rather probably just restart, especially because we don't have any draft picks and all that stuff. Right, we don't have many draft picks. We have this year's but you.
Speaker 3: Have this year's draft pick, and you've got next year's draft pick.
Speaker 2: The smart thing to do is probably to be to reset and call it what it is. But if you, you know, need to save face or you Kyrie, Anthony Davis, and Kevin Drink could absolutely go win a title. But the odds of anyone winning a title are never good for you, like, never good. Even when you're the best team in the league, the odds of winning it all, they're still not good. So I've always tried to like play it careful. I just be a team that's in the playoffs every year. I don't know that.
Speaker 5: Would be an incredible story though, right. I mean, we lost Luca, Our entire team is hurt basically, and then all of a sudden next season we come back and we win the championship.
Speaker 2: And I contend that, like the Luca thing is deep and real and it's not just gonna not gonna be solved. But if Anthony Davis wasn't hurt and Kyrie wasn't hurt and the Mavericks were winning games right now, I think people would still be on board. Yeah, yeah, it would be on the train. His winning cures everything, right, God, what.
Speaker 3: What Rick Carlisle saying winning is the best deodorant?
Speaker 1: And if and if they were healthy and winning, you'd be like, oh my god, I see that this sucks to lose Luca, but wow, we're the best team in the league right now.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: But that's just not the case.
Speaker 1: And so I think it's gonna come down to what does their governor Patrick Dumont want to do. And I wouldn't. I don't think anybody could read his mind, and no one really knows. He's about to be the CEO of the Sands Corporation has article yeah, and so does he say does he stay? Like, hey, man, Nico's my guy. I trust his vision. Nico's in charge or is he not?
Speaker 3: Is he gone? And do they move in a different direction? I don't know.
Speaker 1: But if he stays, you know, then Nico will stay in the short term and let's go win a championship right now.
Speaker 3: And it's just this.
Speaker 1: Idea of what is more important going for it in the next two years or staying relevant over a decade.
Speaker 3: And it's like two different missions.
Speaker 1: It's like one is the overall what is the state of the franchise moving forward? And one is hey, man, let's go win a ring. It all costs right now.
Speaker 2: You would think for him it would be long term, but no one knows him that well yet right.
Speaker 1: No, No, no one knows. So it's a fascinating time. What a quagmire. Yeah, so get over to nine to seven? Won the eagle on Instagram or you could do it on Twitter, or you.
Speaker 3: Could do it. I think no, I don't think about the place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, any other places go vote?
Speaker 3: Do you want the MAVs to go? Get KD this offseason coming up?
Speaker 5: Next?
Speaker 3: Where are we gonna go in the Hollywood shuffle?
Speaker 2: I saw the movie that topped the box office this weekend and I have a quick review. And Christina saw something we gotta pick her brain next. It's never too late to download that iHeartRadio app. It's free. We post our show on there after too. So you missed anything or missed anything from the past, you want to grab it, you can. We also like to use that function to give away you know, some stuff, you know, whether it be Christina's giving away MAVs tickets tonight, be listening around six point fifty for that. We're gonna give away some rock tickets though. Man, this band Volbeat pretty bad ass because they're calling their tour the greatest of all tours. And that's some tenacious the energy that I like. Special guest hell Storm in the Ghost Inside. That's gonna be at the pavilion at Tweota Music Factory on July twenty eighth. Be the fifth person to leave a voicemail on the iHeartRadio talkback feature. It's the red microphone. Leave your name, your number, your email, your birthday, right number, email, eil number email is good. H the fifth one? All right, if you're number five, you'll get a pair of tickets to see Wo'll Beat July twenty eighth at the Toyota Music Factory. Out there innerving right now, Stith for this.
Speaker 8: Use hot God.
Speaker 3: Every Live, Come.
Speaker 4: Stay on top in the Woods.
Speaker 2: Shovel Okay Weekend box Office coming in at number five. Paddington and Peru no Way tied at number five. The Monkey what's that? It's a move about a monkey.
Speaker 3: I figured that.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I know you've got some listeners. I have seen it.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: When twin brothers Bill and Howell find their father's old monkey toy in the attic, a series of gruesome death start.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's based on a Oh god, it's a based on a book.
Speaker 1: It's the monkey with the symbols and he starts killing people banging them together on their head.
Speaker 5: Some like that. But a Stephen kingbook, I believe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah that would make sense. Yeah. Third was a something called Last Breath to Captain America Brave New World, in which Harrison Bard is the Red Hulk. God, why are they still making this stuff? Well that is Harrison Bard in everything. He's amazing. Number one and only nineteen million dollars. The movie Mickey seventeen. Have you guys heard anything about Mickey seventeen?
Speaker 9: Nope?
Speaker 2: This is the Robert Pattinson movie, right, Robert Pattinson is the star. Yes, yes, this movie is the first big movie done by the guy who did Parasite. What's it called Mickey seventeen. Did y'all see Parasite?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Great movie.
Speaker 5: It's been a long time, but yes, I did see Parasite.
Speaker 2: It's probably my favorite movie the last ten years. I loved it so much. But this movie is a little different. Mickey seventeen. You have this. They're going to try to colonize an ice planet. Humans are okay and Mark Ruffalo would be your leader of this colony, and do you have these people sign up to go to the ice planet, just like could happen on Mars. And we've been talking about this a little bit, right Elon trying to and go to Mars. So Robert Pattinson's character, his best friend is Glenn from The Walking Dead. By the way, you guys, I'll know him. He plays a real a hole in this movie. Mickey seventeen is so fun and I want everyone to see it. And I don't think people are talking about it much because I mean, theaters are down right now and things like that. It's a blast and you guys have to see it. So his job, Mickey seventeen's, and the reason he's seventeen is they have the technology to print human bodies after you die. So he dies. But his job he signed up to be he didn't have a lot going for him in life isn't expendable. And what that means is I can do some research and take on some of these tough tacks. I die, as long as you print me back out. He still remembers. They keep his memory on a big hard drive and you know it's out to a deal. He just comes out again, says, there's Mickey sixteen and then Mickey seventeen. Now Mickey seventeen is a falling in love with the gallon there and I'm not gonna give away too much, but something bad does happen. They find some creatures on this ice planet, and they assume that he gets eaten by these creatures. But the creatures don't eat him, oh, actually save him. Oh well yeah. Meanwhile, back at the back at the plant.
Speaker 3: They reprint him.
Speaker 2: They've already reprinted Mickey eighteen is hooking up with his girlfriend. She well, she doesn't know. She's you know, he's acting like normal. It's very fun and it's insane.
Speaker 3: Do they get do they keep their memory like that?
Speaker 1: Okay, would Mickey eighteen know that Mickey seventeen didn't die or he would just go back to Mickey sixteen's last week?
Speaker 2: You know, it's kind of hard to tell. I think you could kind of tell that that he would know, although he acts. It's it's funny because the personality type can kind of change based on the situation they're being born into. You know, as well, it's crazy. Robert Pattins is going a weird accent that I think people are going to talk about a lot.
Speaker 5: I wanted to ask you about that because the preview that was the one thing that stuck with me. It looked fun, but he had this weird accent.
Speaker 2: It's very strange.
Speaker 1: You did not give America's dad a pass on Elvis Well, Tom Parker, Yeah, and.
Speaker 3: So are you? Are you willing to look the other way on this accent?
Speaker 2: I think I am because it didn't take away from the story as Tom Cruise. Tom Hanks did got Tom Cruise in an accent. Also, they had the trailer for the F One movie starring Brad Pitta. Here's how they here's the dialogue that they had for that trailer. Yeah, there's like noes speaking, It's like cars driving, Queen's playing, and then it ends with F one Brad Pitt that's it. I was like, that's all they're gonna market this with. It might be smart.
Speaker 5: I've just survived, just dropped Friday, I believe.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I recommend Mickey seventeen. Everyone should just give it a shot. And it's so weird and fun. Okay, Christina, Yes, speaking of weird and fun, the most weird and fun TV show right now might be Severance now been and hore caught up right, Yea, I've been after the Here we're in season two, episode A, crushing it with all the conspiracies and easter eggs, feeling like we're ahead of everyone. Honestly, but you finished season one this weekend.
Speaker 5: I crushed crushed season one. It really doesn't take you that long. If you watch like what one episode to night? There's only nine in season one. And so I texted you, guys, was that Saturday? Because it was old, rainy and gross outside anyway, So we just stayed in and we finished Severance and oh my god. So I don't know how you guys had to wait what three years after that ending, because once I saw it, I like, you seriously say, oh my god out loud, like, no way, that's how it ends. You just cut it right there? Are you kidding me? I would have been pissed, but I will say this. So I basically immediately started season two. Hey, and it is a complete one eighty from that ender, you know, And that's when you have to realize, like, okay, they have to do the kind of recap for people. It's been three years. You got to get through the recap and everything. But I will say I am obsessed with it. I love it. I wake up thinking about it, and I can't wait to watch the next episode. So I am on episode three of season two.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah? How many there's ten and season two so now two left?
Speaker 3: Yeah okay, and they're gonna keep the series going after this, right.
Speaker 2: I believe? So all right, this is one of those. And man, I am.
Speaker 1: So disappointed in myself because I waited so long. I mean, we all had to wait so long to get from season one to season two. And I first watched the first episode of season two and it didn't grab me. And the reason is I couldn't remember what had happened. So I went back and watched a recap video and I was like, oh yeah, And then went and watched it and I was like, oh my god. And it's gotten better and better and better and better, and I think it may be one of the greatest shows in the history of mankind.
Speaker 3: I think it's in the discussion.
Speaker 1: It's so complex, and you have to go if you really want to catch every Easter Egg, you really got to go back and watch all these videos to understand what is even happening.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of crap going on that you didn't even think about it, and you go, oh, yeah, I remember that part of the episode. That's what that meant. And it's kind of a fun part of it. If you want, I want to put the effort into doing the scavenger.
Speaker 5: Hunt, I need to ask you guys about all the Easter eggs. So I did notice one thing. I don't know if y'all know this at all, but in his apartment, in mark S's apartment, he's got a red and blue fish. Does that mean anything at all?
Speaker 2: Could be the like the red blue like uh, severance basically you're iny and ouity. It's just might just be symbolism.
Speaker 5: It was a matrix.
Speaker 3: It could be a matrix God pill, blue pill.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I I there there have been so many of those things. I can't even keep them straight in my head. There's so many videos, there's so many Easter eggs. There's so much thought that goes into each and every detail of this show.
Speaker 3: Man, it is phenomen You.
Speaker 2: Don't even know who's a good guy or a bad guy, her good gall or bad girl right now.
Speaker 5: That's exactly so Mike started season two with me. He rewatched the whole first season, and then I cannot stand Patricia Arqatt's character, the Boss Lady Cobel. Cannot stand her. I hate her so much. And Mike was like, watch, she's gonna be a good guy this season. I'm like, I hope to God not. I'm not even gonna look at you guys.
Speaker 2: I don't know yet, very interesting.
Speaker 5: Cannot stand her.
Speaker 2: So severance Apple TV. If you have a conon, you know, were's a couple of recommendations Mickey seventeen and seven. You havee some weird stuff, you know, and then go to the water cooler at work and beat everyone down with your.
Speaker 1: It's fine, you should go watch these things? Is Mickey seventeen for me to see that, I gotta go to the theater.
Speaker 2: I would think, so, yes, which I'm told way better and uh, you know, of course it's way better.
Speaker 3: Everything's better.
Speaker 2: But yeah, forty X or whatever else they're saying, this is one that you should watch that way because it's it's pretty badass.
Speaker 1: Okay, hell yeah, I'm in awesome. Thank you, two great reviews.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Coming up next in Around the Sports KT, are the Cowboys doing anything?
Speaker 2: I think Jerry just will Cup from his nap, So we'll see if they're gonna spend some money. All right, that's coming up next in Around the Sports.
Speaker 1: All right, this segment is brought to you by her Toto Barbecue, some of the best barbecue you could ever have in yeow life. And they have a location in Mansfield, they have a location in Arlington, they have a location in Fort Worth, and they have two locations inside Globe Live Field. Those are all in the eight one seven area. However, you can now get hur Toto Barbecue in Dallas as there's a new location at the Dallas Farmers Market. Her Toto Barbecue Brandon Hurtato's family spin Their family recipes their spin on Mexicu Mexican barbecue and it is amazing. So head on down to her Title Barbecue and hook up some of the best barbecue I've ever had in your life.
Speaker 3: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 6: Good listeners, Here comes kt fun Tweets with the round.
Speaker 2: Now let's come around the sports.
Speaker 9: Kt fun Tweets has all the sports.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to start in chronological order. Over the weekend, Miles Garrett of The Browns Guy went to high school over to Arlington Martin forty million dollars a year. You know, he was asking for a trade. They end up giving him what he wants. So the pass rusher. The guy before him was Max Crosby with the Raiders. I think he signed a deal for thirty six million. Miles Garrett signed one for forty million. After that got reported, Michael Parsons tweeted ll yo, WTF, which means I can have more money now. He has said a few times in the past, Yeah, I'd take lest of forty million. Doesn't mean anything to me if it didn't mean like I have three guys, you know, you triple teaming me, we have other players. But his agents didn't make those comments. He did. So there's the first news of Cowboys free agencies. To me. The price of Micah went up a lot, and the Cowboys today have signed their long snapper. Yeah, Trent Siege is back, so depressing snapper. There's multiple layers here.
Speaker 1: The Cowboys cleared up cap space, they got cap space from DAK, they got cap space from CD so they could go be players.
Speaker 3: In free agency.
Speaker 1: Then immediately Jerry just ruins all of our hopes and dreams says, oh yeah, I don't see that as a way to fill the voids that we have. Okay, well, you've wasted fourth round draft picks by trading for Trey Lance and Jonathan Mingo. Those were wasted fourth round picks, so you only have your first, second, third round pick. You also went and won a bunch of meaningless games in the middle of this year that didn't even matter, So your draft capital is worse, so your picks worse in every round. So you have a first, second, a third pick. That's it to really help your team, and you're not doing anything in free agency. And then to go back, you know to the Micael Parsons thing, isn't this the Cowboys way? They're like, hey man, we're not in a hurry to rush out and sign this player that we're guaranteed to keep because we want to wait and play this out. We think it gives us leverage if we wait and wait and wait, and all that happens is guys go out and get paid more and more and more.
Speaker 3: It's always going up.
Speaker 1: So then it comes time to pay your guy and they end up losing and having to overpay if they'd just done it sooner.
Speaker 2: Right, It's just kind of the way things go right. It's been that way. The only thing I would say on that is like, we don't know who is stopping that. We think it's the Cowboys, but there's a chance MICA's agent's like, okay, yeah, Mike is. Whatever Micah says doesn't matter. We will talk when we're.
Speaker 3: Ready to talk, okay.
Speaker 2: But the Cowboys have a history in a way of doing things, and they rarely change. That's why Brian Schottenheimer is your head coachy. Oh he's the one who might have to influence change, which sounds crazy. He's the one going out and hiring some new coaches that aren't familiar, you know, some different guys and a couple of colleges and things like that. And maybe it has to be there. Now when you go to what happened today, pretty much everyone who has money to spend is spending a lot of money.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: These deals can't be official till Wednesday. Today, they're all like, you can agree to deals, But dude, Twitter shut down three or four times today, Elon saying they got cyber attacked. I think NFL Free Agency just couldn't keep it in their pants. I mean, last night it was going down DeVante Adams signed with the Rams. Like all these names are going quarterback movement, and today there's the big one. Jordan Lewis goes to the Jaguars for three years at thirty million dollars. Guys been here for eight years, he's had some severe injuries. Would have loved to have him, but I don't think that.
Speaker 3: Too much for him is the way.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think ten million for him after you've just given twenty to Osa and you're about to be giving forty to Mica is a good way of doing business. But you also don't have any cornerbacks.
Speaker 1: You have two healthy corners, and he was dominant last year, dominant as this as a nickel guy, as a slot guy, he was great. And you need cornerback depth now by losing him, I think your cornerback needs race up your charts, like what are the biggest needs in your opinion right now for this team.
Speaker 2: So corner you need offensive line. You need one offensive lineman by the way, your backup or you know, flexible starter offensive one and Chew Chew Maidoga he's signed with the Jaguars too, which he's a very good like sixth man for your offensive line. Because he can play a bunch of places, so he's gone too. So yeah, I would say that offensive lineman, defensive line. Oh yeah, we don't have a running back yet, probably just second wide receiver.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of stuff do they need to They need to trade back and get more picks and there if Baby, if shoot or Sanders is dropping, or if somebody wants that Boise State running back or something is there because they're twelve, right, Yes, you need something to be available at twelve that some team desperately wants that they think they can't get when they pick. But since the Cowboys have wasted fourth round picks, since they always sit out free agency and they have so many needs, they just have to go acquire more picks. They need to trade back, trade back, trade back, trade back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or like, are they gonna trade away from a player Micah? No, they're not, Like they're not there. They're gonna sign Micah. It's like when And Michae's edge is like, well, forty's good, let's we should just do that. So whatever Michah told the media, it doesn't matter. Micah gets the news that you'll be getting this. I mean, Michael made some jokes about as long as I can get a lake house maybe at lake House at Lake Tahoe. I was like, yeah, it's like one of the most expensive lake houses, but don't have to that's a cheaper one. That's not getting a lake house at Lake Ray Hubbard, no offense to Lake Ray Hubbard. Have you ever been on Lake Ray Hubbard? Ben, It's not good small talk. I mean it's fine. It's a fine leg, you know. So I think there's like that's hanging over their head. But they have fifty million dollars they could go spend, like, they could go do stuff. And that's where I'm like kind of wondering why they're doing this again, it's not surprising. This is what they do. They they I mean, dude, I saw someone was looking and found the the the yacht and Jerry and his wife's yacht. Yeah. Look, they're actually outside of Miami, like they're in America. Usually they're in Monaco like they usually they're gone. So it was like, that's pretty good. They're they're in town all though Jerry's probably not on it's probably just Gene hanging out whatever. So you lost that. Here's the guys that you kept though. OSA was a great signing. OsO Diggi Zuo was probably a top ten free agent and you signed him for eighty or whatever it was. But then you start looking at things. Okay, well you run back your special teams guys CJ good one. Okay, we got Rock Hoffman.
Speaker 3: Back, Ron Hoffman, safety.
Speaker 2: Marquis Spell who could also play linebacker. Okay, okay, cool, you haven't done anything, so I don't know. It's got frustrating. Cowis fans are going through it today because of all this, and it's just what it is though. It's they do this every year. They sleep on Day one a free agency while everyone else is shopping, and then you get fomo and at the end of the day, like I don't even know, like spending money on guys if they if they can't play, is not smart. So I don't I'm not like mad at them. I just think it's like kind of I just think it's dumb. We do this every year. Yeah, you don't have to do the same thing every single year.
Speaker 1: Let us tip our caps to Ray Davis and the Texas Rangers and the Dallas Stars. Dude, look at there's there's two teams out there. Yeah, who are going for it that are making magical things happen, right full board, dude.
Speaker 2: Like the Stars, they're a new guy. They traded before. We told you about goals in his first two games, and they're just living up at the top. Very nice. Rangers are going for it, absolutely going for it, like they've spent all the money on. Like they had a bad year last year, he got the injury bug. Absolutely going forward. A lot of people think they're gonna be one of the favorites to win in the American League.
Speaker 3: MAVs still could do that.
Speaker 2: I mean we're a little in an odd place where Lucas said, but they could still go for it this offseason. But right now, yeah, you know, people are more sad than anything. Yeah, I think that's the whole thing. Is just gonna be sad. Hey, Kevin Urant, Great, Okay.
Speaker 1: You have to realize if you know here in Dallas Fort Worth, you know, the MAVs championship was in the face of a super team. It was, oh, we see how all these superstars are on a banana boat and they're orchestrating going to one team together to build a super team. It's like the you know, the microwave version of winning it all. Well, the Mavericks did it the hard way. They had one guy for twenty one seasons of absolute loyalty and finally scaled that mountain and got it done.
Speaker 3: That's what we like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so if you're telling MAVs fans, hey, look, no, don't worry about it. We're gonna get three superstars together and go win one. I think that's where the Mavstad's like, wait, what we want? We want twenty one seasons of seventy seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, that's the problem, like, and we'll always be the problem with that is that you can't you can't even make it right. There's no way to make it right because there was already too deep to even you know the other thing that Mike's tweeting all this stuff, The Commanders who are in your division are awesome. They traded, and they've traded like all the Communers have traded pretty much all their draft picks for one of the best offensive lineman football, Jeremy Tunzel, the gas mask guy. And Mike is out there tweeting WTF, Like MICHAEH wants the Cowboys to do stuff right. He's watching all this happen right, and even he's going, what are you doing? Someone do something? So I oh no, nothing so far. A traditional first day of free agency for the Cowboys, which is really just napping.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is very depressing.
Speaker 2: All right? Coming up next in the weekly Weekday Update, where are you gonna take it? We'll do the Today game next action. Oh yeah, let's do the Today game. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And where are you gonna take us in the Today game?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Man, So I'm gonna surprise you with this one. You won't believe who's dong he's turning this age?
Speaker 3: Okay, well we'll find out.
Speaker 1: By the way, White lotus pretty interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of penis yep. All right, uh pause, and then before we get there, yeah, all right. This segment is brought to you by Andrews American Pizza Kitchen. There's only one location in all of DFW of Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. It's in Plano at Preston and Plano Parkway.
Speaker 3: But it is so good.
Speaker 1: It was named best pizzeria in all of DFW by readers of the Dallas Morning News. They got Dallas styles, Chicago style, Detroit style, Tavern style, and New York style pizza. Everybody says They've mastered all five styles and that's what sets them apart. And that's why people are driving from all over the metroplex to get to Plano, to get to Preston and Plano Parkway to go to Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. I did see this up day before we move on to the weekly week day update. This is from Mark Stein at the Steinline on Twitter. He had a report that Anthony Davis and Derek Lively the Second are indeed both progressing towards an in season return. Whether those reactivations actually happen, of course, well, that remains to be seen. But Davis played two on two this past weekend and will almost certainly reach the point before season's end that playing in an NBA game is feasible.
Speaker 3: That's interesting.
Speaker 1: You might be of the mindset that, hey, you just want to see the MAVs lose so they go get a better draft pick, or maybe they cling to the play in tournament and get in. But they're not going to get Kyrie back, and they're not going to have Kyrie back until maybe halfway or further into next season, and so you wonder, Okay, there's not a lot of upside there, but at the same time, they don't even have bodies that are able to get out their play that can't even add players because they're stuck. And so I mean, there's been some talk out there that the MAVs might have to forfeit games if they can't field enough people.
Speaker 2: I can't see the NBA letting that happen, right.
Speaker 3: But there's gotta be some hardship where they could.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't know enough about the ins and outs of that, but like through all of this, if the season were to end today, the Evericks should be in the playing tournament, yeah, against the Tea Wolves. Like, that's what's weird about it is they're technically still in right the playoffs sort of it's wild wild, you know. I don't personally think it'll last that long, but.
Speaker 1: Hey, yesterday we'll see Jason Kidd had this quote where he was like, this is the first time I've ever heard of this. I we don't have enough players for me to sub out guys when they're tired, because there's nobody else to go in and let them catch a breather. So they're already beyond the hardship level. I do get that. I understand that.
Speaker 2: But as a guy who went to a town where you kind of had to play everything and we able to occasionally have great issues or not enough people. Dude, we played a lot of games with five guys. Yeah, you're playing every it your conserving energy. You're changing your normally fast paced offense to slow down. Yeah, because the five of you have to play the whole game. Well, problem with that comment from jakib Okay. I like it seven guys cover a game. Let's compare it to only high school basketball. It's just relatable. It's exactly right, it's exactly right. Right. Now it's time for this, and now it's time.
Speaker 10: For Basis Sweet Day up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt fun tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 2: Now, I could talk about all the shootings that happen over the weekend, but I really don't want to, So with all due respect to the levity of those stories, you can go somewhere else if you want to get that. Am I gonna do that here? We're trying to have a little fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: One time Ben came to the show years back a little concussed and uh, it is weird that you know, we should have just told Ben look saying some weird stuff today. Man, but he legit had a concussion. I'm just gonna play a couple of audio clips, you know, just kind of it's not all. It's a little fragmented, but these are some of the things he said while battling a concussion on the Airlive and Top five Marketing.
Speaker 1: Frogs are disappearing. Ask yourself. You spent a long time. I promise you if you think about it, frogs are disappearing.
Speaker 2: Have you noticed how few frogs there are?
Speaker 3: Have you noticed that they're all disappearing. I have this theory on frogs.
Speaker 2: That's how it started.
Speaker 1: Please back me on this at four three seven three three. The frogs are disappearing. I swear to you they're all gone.
Speaker 2: There's more.
Speaker 1: When's the last time you saw a frog when you weren't like at a swamp or a creek.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 1: Frog Man as a show is really just about one guy in the suburbs who looks out and is like, hey, man, look there's a frog.
Speaker 3: Check it out. I haven't seen one in a while. That's a big one. Wow.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 2: So that's that's the gist a frog man. That was the pitch for the TV show.
Speaker 1: I stand by it. It's better than the pitch pitch for shark butt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. I'll give you that one. Chuk Bot is not a good pitch. But I found the story today and it made me think of frogs. America's butterflies are disappearing at a catastrophic rate. Oh no, according to the Associated Press, so you know, a real news service. Okay, the number of butterflies has dropped twenty two percent since the year two thousand due to climate change, insecticides. Habitats are lost, so the wing to beauties have gone away. Butterflies are disappearing.
Speaker 3: Damn that sucks.
Speaker 1: Have you guys ever heard the idea that, uh, this idea that if you lose someone, when the first butterfly you see is that person.
Speaker 2: Yes, you've heard that. I've not heard that. I've heard that with you know the cardinal in the Red Bird. Yeah, but usually for those who practice Catholic faith. This is what that is about it. I think I watched Conclave. Okay, so the Hed movie too. It was weird.
Speaker 5: Did they come back as a bird or a turtle?
Speaker 2: And that guy did not have sex with that turtle. Just in case anyone's asking, it's not what happened. Yeah, I know you've heard that, but.
Speaker 5: I definitely heard that thing. And so I was in Florida once with Vida and she had just had someone pass away that she was close to, and then we were just sitting outside by the pool and there's a butterfly, and so that's when she brought it up. She's like, oh my god, she started tearing up because of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that that that has happened to me as well. That was my mom was big under that thing, and that was the idea. When my dad had passed, there was a butterfly around and she thought that that was Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I don't know, man, if that's if?
Speaker 1: If now, if we're losing all the butterflies, what does that mean in that regard?
Speaker 2: I was very young, but Papa Buddy was telling me like it was the stars. We'd talk to each other. It was pretty cool. You yeah, kids, you don't understand. I really want to focus in though. If butterfly just like this was the pitch for the TV show from can Cuss Ben Listen.
Speaker 1: Frog Man as a show is really just about one guy in the sub verbs who looks out and is like, hey, man, look there's a frog.
Speaker 3: Check it out. I haven't seen him in a while. That's a big one. Wow.
Speaker 2: All right, So that's that's the gist of Frogman. So we can laugh and we can make fun of Ben, but the truth is back. In twenty twenty one, it almost got into the finish line Frogman was a show?
Speaker 5: Was it really?
Speaker 2: And they aired some commercials? So here we go.
Speaker 8: Okay, Tonight on TV, tune in for the series premiere a frog Man. He's local talk show host John Hopper. He thinks frogs are disappearing. He looks out his window one night and says, hey, there's a frog. The next morning, John wakes up to realize he's about one half frog. Howe of his wife, family, and job all handled the new John Hopper find out tonight on the series premiere of Frogman, nine eighth Central on TV The all.
Speaker 5: Right eighth Central.
Speaker 2: Okay, it could network proviously never picked it up, Yeah, but they had. They had other promotional spots made for it.
Speaker 9: John hop I'm trying to juggle a job, marriage and raising kids is never easy. Who can't relate John Hopper is your everyday suburban man, but there's one catch. He's half frog Frogman. The show La Times called funny yet heart Film Genios described it as a mix of modern family and this is us, but with more frogs. We'll tune into night at nine eighth Central for a very special premiere A Frogman.
Speaker 3: Riveting. Well, how about that? Thank you?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 9: Very good?
Speaker 5: Cool?
Speaker 2: Uh And this is a preview of one final episode of I'll see.
Speaker 4: Here tonight on a very special series premiere, A frog Man can sharel Hopper deal with her new life.
Speaker 11: I didn't agree him marry a frog, John.
Speaker 4: Do you think I asked for this? No one asked for this.
Speaker 5: The kids need a father, not some weird frog.
Speaker 4: I might be a frog, but I'm still their father. Tune in for an emotional premiere A frog Man tonight. I need Central on TV all right?
Speaker 5: Starting to get interested in, like what's gonna happen after that? The kids gonna say the kid's gonna turn into frogs.
Speaker 2: I think mas TV should pick that up.
Speaker 3: And why not?
Speaker 1: When's the last time you saw frog when you weren't like at a swamp or a creek?
Speaker 2: You know what last time I saw a frog. I have it in the city, haven't in a long time. I'm sure I have, but not recently. But you know, when I go to Onely, you know, which is two hours west of the Metropikes, I've seen frogs here and there quite a bit. Actually, they're putting in a new UHL and there's construction done over there.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 2: My my brother is involved in all that stuff. It was like, look, how he's frogs there. So they're out in the countries where they are. We moved away while the cowdies and the wild boars have come into our city.
Speaker 1: Right. I remember my mom telling me her theory that frogs are disappearing, and then I never looked into it, and somehow I stumbled back upon it that day. And I don't know why, put your head. We grew up on a creek and so like our front yard was like water. It was like a creek area, and so we saw frogs all the time, and then eventually I just stopped seeing them.
Speaker 3: But now I've seen them quite a bit there.
Speaker 5: They've gone north, they've gone north, they've goneearing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, maybe the frogs are eating the butterflies. If you see a frog, make sure to tweet it to at skin Weight and you know, just show him, let him know that you've seen Frogs.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh that's fantastic. So that show's on TV.
Speaker 2: It's on TV.
Speaker 1: Okay, good frog Man, it's gonna be on TV. Fantastic, all right, fantastic stuff. Thank you for that. That sounds little bit like a guy I know named Strip Mall all right, coming up next in the big finish. Just when you think you can get away from being sad about Luca, well suddenly there's a joke on one of your favorite shows about the trade that's coming up next. Oh, yes, you are listening to the world famous Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle, and we certainly appreciates you doing that. It is time for the MAVs Minute, though we got a little Game Day action tonight. The MAVs Minute is brought to you by the Sunset at McKinney, Amphitheater and KT. The MAVs find themselves as shorthanded as they could possibly be in San Antonio, but luckily for THEO is without Wimby.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The best medicine for when things are struggling is to play a bad team. So you have that tonight and Wednesday night, the Mavericks coming off of back to back there are just so banged up. They're looking for minutes out of anybody they can find. They would take an Usher out there playing not Usher, the R and B artist, an actually Usher. Uh just it's just tough right now. I've never seen anything like this ever in professional sports where they're the head coach is making comments like we can't even field the entire roster. I mean that is that's that's tough, So you know, deal with it though, I guess right that's anything in mas Lene lately has kind of been like here, you're getting punched right now, so just take it and try not to fall down.
Speaker 1: Jason Kidd is saying they can't even sub guys who are tired out of the game because they don't have anybody else to go in for them to catch your break.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: This has been the MAVs Minute, brought to you by the Sunset at McKinney Amphitheater. Go to Sunset Texas dot com for more information. They are redefining the way you experience concerts and you can go check that out. That's going to open in twenty twenty six, but you can secure your suite now go to Sunset Texas dot com.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this again. This thing's big. Before I play some audio, ben, I saw Octomom yesterday on TV. Do you remember Octomom Nadya Suleman. Okay, so she had the eight babies at once, eight at once, but as a whole, she's got I think fourteen okay, not all at once, ate at one.
Speaker 1: That is what doctors referred to as clown car crutch.
Speaker 2: Well this, yeah, Well the picture that was disgusting was when she was doing the pregnancy picture when she had eight in there. I mean, it was like what.
Speaker 5: Veins all over the place.
Speaker 2: But let me tell you, she looked great, Okay, rejuvenated. I don't know about how rejuvenated, but she looked. I was like, she looks wonderful.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: And then is the portal closed? I would assume it's closed. Now she's forty nine, okay, so fourteen kids. So I started thinking about, Okay, well, when was that dude that was like before nine? I think I think we're talking about a gal who had eight drivers hitting the road, sixteen year old. I think the fourteen kids are old. Are all like old now, which makes me feel old but weird.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm telling you, there's nothing more expensive than a motive insurance for your teenagers. I know that's a difficult thing for you guys to process. You're young people in this world. Sound like an old man in business socks. Don't kids get off my yard? But that will break you as a family, just the idea, and and God forbid any of your teenagers get into any sort of an accident and their rates go up. And dude, the boys are they are way more expensive than the girls for good measure because we're idiots. But I can't imagine having eight teenage drivers.
Speaker 2: Isn't that insane?
Speaker 5: This is all great birth control, thank you?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, but good for them and the whole family.
Speaker 5: Real quick, do you know why she was on TV? Because she was on the TV in here last week as well.
Speaker 2: I do know. There's a new Lifetime film coming out called I Was Octomom, The Nadia, The Natalie Sulman Story Nadia. But I just saw a quick interview with TMZ and it was like even the TMZ guys were like apologizing. We made so many jokes about her, and they're like she's such, she's nice, and yeah, her story is not like it went down a weird bad path and she wentn't doing pornos for money or things like that. Yeah, that's a bad path. Whatever path works for you. Her body, yeah, well it is her fault. She has more available players than the MAVs.
Speaker 5: I thought she had like IVF for something, and then she got eight I don't know.
Speaker 2: Just to receive a text message. She did appear in an adult film called Octomom Home Alone back in twenty twelve, so wait and award nominations and won for Best Celebrity Video. So you know, all she knows is waking up and winning.
Speaker 1: No, she can you imagine she probably never slept. Probably not because you got to get up every couple hours and feed. Yeah, she had a lot of IVF treatments to do that. I think this is done on purpose. But it's done on purpose or she just was trying hard to have a kiddo exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you, Christine. Let's gang up on Kate.
Speaker 2: I don't know how it all works. I'm gonna be honest. Let's move on to some more fun topics, although fun is debatable with this one. You know when you're trying to get away from it, right, you just don't want to hear it, Nomo. It sucks when you tune into your favorite television show for getaway escape on Saturday night. You just want to watch a little Saturday Night Live, maybe catch up on the events of the week down in a funny way. Maybe it's some nonsensical sketches on the weekend Update. SNL brings out the fake Kendrick Perkins. For those that don't know, he's an analyst on ESPN and he's known for crazy hot takes. It almost feels like it's not on purpose, but his demeanor is that, like now, he really believes it. It's very strange. Here's Keenan Thompson doing Kendrick Perkins. I'm sorry, not live.
Speaker 6: The craziest news of the season is the Dallas Mavericks took one of the league's best players, Luka Doncik, and traded them to the Lakers.
Speaker 3: Why did they do that?
Speaker 12: Oh, now, there's a lot of questions about this. He'll trade, But folks on the inside note, Luka Dukie is hurt. Okay, I'm here in rumors that he got a small tear in his intili cross things.
Speaker 4: Just uterus.
Speaker 12: I had no doctor, but by my estimations, I believe he gonna be dead by April.
Speaker 2: Why would you say that?
Speaker 12: Look, hey, I just be saying things, Michael.
Speaker 4: You know, Stephen A.
Speaker 12: Smith, you just got a hundred million dollars to go ESPN and every day and talk nothing but not sense.
Speaker 3: I want a piece of.
Speaker 2: That too, honestly, a genius plan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, that is painful. It's so painful when it reaches SNL. You just you know, it's just, uh, they're they're having they're making a punchline out of our tender emotions. You know, that's a very difficult thing to watch one of your favorite shows and have them kicking your team in the groin.
Speaker 2: The Mavericks reached Medieval Times and Saturday Night Live, They're everywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, that is crazy.
Speaker 1: So they were getting fire Nico chants going at at Medieval Times, at Stars games, at FC Dallas games.
Speaker 3: But I have seen at MAVs games.
Speaker 1: They I saw a video that they're unable to really get people to join in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the fans aren't really doing it. It's like it's very quiet. And even the Medieval Times was like four people. Okay, it's caught on camera. Okay, so it's not even happening that much. Right, it's college kids, and I think most people are like, it's kind of boring by now a month later to be doing fire and Eco change.
Speaker 1: Right, It's not creative, it's the the reality has sunk in of what this is. First of all, there's the shock and no one can believe it. But then there's okay, how do we move forward? What's happening next? And did you watch the Lakers play the Celtics?
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 2: I avoided it? Why I shn't want to see it? I'm good, Christina, No I missed it? How to go?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: I really don't know. I've really tried to avoid, like I so the Celtics won. I know Lebron got hurt.
Speaker 1: The Celtics are a super team. I mean, let's not forget the Mavericks ran into one of the greatest teams ever. They are legitimately an all time great team. And part of the reason is they're all so good defensively and they can all switch up and they don't even have Porzingis right now. But it looked like Luca has been on cruise control. And he's been dominating, especially since he got back, got healthy, got acclimated to the Lakers. But he ran into the Celtics buzz saw. I don't know what his final numbers were, but I know Jalen Brown beat him up, stole the ball from him multiple times, and he was less He was far less effective. There's probably one guy in the universe who was enjoying that, and it's the guy who's got these chants happening at medieval times.
Speaker 3: He's probably one.
Speaker 2: This is what I was saying, Well, that's the whole thing is like that joke that was written by you know, by Start Live, and it's a very play. He's pull gonna die by April, but he's hurt. I mean that's kind of part of the reasoning we've been given by the matches. They think he's not going to be healthy going into the future. Yeah, at least they've kind of indicated that with their comments after it all happened. So it's okay, it's like it's this funny punchline, but it's also like that's kind of how they feel. They don't think he's gonna die, clearly, but the that is something that you know, they couldn't hide it because they were saying it. Okay, So week after the trade.
Speaker 1: You're a guy who's avoiding Laker games because you don't want the hurt, and.
Speaker 3: Here you are.
Speaker 1: You're probably the biggest SNL fan I've ever known. You're an SNL historian. You love the saying, and you love the weekday update. How did that hit you the moment it happens? Oh my god, it sucked.
Speaker 2: I mean I was laughing at it a little bit, but I was like, come on, I'm trying to get away from it. Why is this happening? Is it happened at the Grammys? Like right after the trade happened Jim Gaffi and goes it makes a joke. No stop, Christina. I think we feel a lot the same. Like I can see it all over her face.
Speaker 1: You guys, if she was on camera here, anytime she talks about this, you can see the hurt and pay in her face as you try to process it.
Speaker 3: So how are you with all of this?
Speaker 5: Honestly, it's still surreal, Like I'm just avoiding it all together at this point, you know, I still haven't fully accepted it. And then now that they are making jokes, on SNL and everywhere. It's like, we are just a joke punchline. Literally, it's it's still just hard to accept and it's still just this isn't real life. That kid in the back.
Speaker 2: Seat, right, I've got one to wash down that joke er. Okay, this is this is this is like, this is just insensitive. So I was listening to a couple of podcasts and Danny McBride's been doing it making the rounds because the Righteous Gymstone Season four came back last night with an origin story episode starring Bradley Cooper. Not very funny, not very good when you're looking forward to getting the main characters back and you have to wait another week.
Speaker 3: Okay, like the.
Speaker 2: Season premiere, Yeah to the eighteen hundreds to show you how the family started. But Bradley Cooper was good in it. But it was like, okay, yeah, I was looking for my you know, crazy Judy Jimstone lines. But I was rewatching it with my wife because she had not seen season two and three. So we watched season two and three over the last month, and we're watching the season finale of season three, which would have been recorded probably probably two years ago when they shot it maybe a year and a half ago when they shot it, and they're doing a scene where the bid is they need to get an investor for their church, and it's famous NASCAR driver Dusty Daniels and Uncle Baby Billy played by Walt Goggins is a character and he's like, hey, I hung out with Dusty Daniels at a flashback scene back to the year two thousand and I did not realize that this celebrity who just died last week or couple weeks ago would be mentioned.
Speaker 3: What you got, Uncle baby Billy.
Speaker 11: I'm friends with Dusted Daniels. I parted with his ashold re Monico after my second bankrupt day. Why two K didn't happen? So we parted our top. That night, me and Dusted Daniels and Gene Hackman lost off for a man, the actor Gene Ackman. Well it was either him or some unfortunate fella.
Speaker 2: It looked just like him.
Speaker 11: We went home. Everybody's talking about the end of the world. We thought like God was give us a second shot, so we took some.
Speaker 1: Hold up, did you, Dusty Daniels, I got it?
Speaker 11: You never know why two key? We threw caution to the whim boys. So y'all for sure touched.
Speaker 3: We might have touched.
Speaker 11: Look that ain't an important part of the story.
Speaker 2: Okay, they got a guy there that looks just like Gene hack really clearently not him. Gene haven't had been in the movies. It's four.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: But I was like, what timing. Yeah, Dana McBride in these interviews leading up to it, was like, look, you know, we were kind of trying to make a funny show. Maybe take a little inspiration from like, you know, he grew up in North Carolina's he's like church backgrounds. But he was like, then I see headlines and he's like sometimes I kind of wondered if we took it hard enough. Dude, it's hint. It's Walt Goggins and this is NASCAR guy and Gene Havant. Dude's orgy scene and they're doing cold God, there's boobies everywhere, like it was fake Gene Hackman. I was like, oh my god, I've a they're going, oh that was terrible timing, timing incredible.
Speaker 1: All Right, There you have it. There's the big finish. That's the end of our show. Go check it out on the podcast. If you missed any part of this. And I'll never forget the time that KT walked into a Gene Hackman roast. He looked everybody dead in their eyes, and he said, I.
Speaker 2: Would like some good local New Year's Eve coverage like we used to have in the past. We used to own the New Year in this town. He's right, you know, coming up next more Eagle.
Speaker 3: There you going, You're
Speaker 4: Well, I wanna get my sock back, dude, Alright,