Speaker 1: Welcome to another Money's me. My name is Calu Alohos. On this space we can economy. We're talkis and of course we attain your right. So welcome guys. This week we are gonna do how to legally write avoid taxes. That's a topic, right, and it's because the tax lays out there. You know, the taxloyd is out there, so we've got to understand it so we can then know how to apply it. Taxes are gonna be, I would say, one of the largest expenses that you're going to make right most space, they're gonna make maybe going forward. So you've got to understand what the tax laws are and of course how you can then sort of navigate that tax law and be a better citizen. Now. To be clear, paying taxes, paying taxes is a patriotic thing to do. Avoiding taxes is also a patriotic thing to do. Why taxes are not just about revenues. Taxes are not just about revenues. Taxes are also how the government redirects you to spend your money. So when the government says, for instance, that we want to tax cigarettes, the government is trying to make revenues off you. If you smoke cigarettes. There are mainly image of discourage you from smoking cigarettes, so that way their cost of health does in legal to when they're treating you down the line. Same with this tax with you know, going to spat and the government says, for instance, that we are going to tax you, but we will give you a tax rebate or tax exemption if you pay into your sing this account. What the command is essentially saying is that listen, if you contribute money for your retirement today, if you contribute into your activity's account today, then of course we're going to support that because you are saving it for yourself into the future. So the government supports you saving money for yourself into the future. That's that's essentially what it is, and that's what we're trying to do today. So I've got YouTube up and running. I'm gonna share the slides on YouTube, Twitter, and I'm going to try to do a presentation more to that where we can sort of follow some great visuals I have done. Let me find that. That's gonna do YouTube so you guys can actually follow. So there it is, and then we can start talking about power point slides here. I'm gonna share so YouTube folks, just give me a terms up or so, if you're on a space on you on YouTube's let me know if you can see the slides, and I'll also share so here on Twitter, so we can essentially start, guys. Yeah, so what I'm gonna do is on Twitter, I'm just gonna go and share the same sort of like do a trend if you may, so we can start. So give me a second to get that all sorted out, and then I will take you guys on this journey about taxation. Right, So, the very very firsting to say that tax avoidance, guys, is legal. If you are avoiding tax that us a perfect legal decise to do. If you are evading taxes, that's a different matter entirely right, because you don't want to evade taxes. Mister al Capone was arrested for evading taxes, so we don't want anyone to evade taxes. We basically want you guys to learn how to legally avoid taxes. Let's go on my next slide. This is not investment advice. I dont know if you guys YouTube considers well, essentially it's not investment advice. I'm not your investment advisor. I'm not trying to show you or sell you a new product. Speak to you an advisor before you do anything, and don't rely on this presentation as financial advice. So talk to your tax professional. And this is not investment advice. So let's go straight into it. Right, Tax upporinances legal, tax vision is illegal. The tax reform offers medilegal pathways to avoid taxes. So everything I'm going to show you today, everything I'm going to talk about today, is all in that Tax Reform Act. It's nothing new. We're doing. Everything we are ashamed with you today is all going to be in the tax reform past. So there's no calories inventing in from the air. No, no, no, no, we are shared with you what is already in the Act, and of course that's what we're going to talk around. So yeah, I don't know if YouTube, folks consider is the Twitter. Guys. I just showed you in my first lide. YouTube folks, let me come back to you. You guys see my slides? No you're not right? Yeah, I don't know. Help you folks. Right? So are you seeing those slides? Yeah, let me see chat let me know on the chat if you can see them. But the first thing we want to talk around is who is going to pay what? Yeah, you can see my slides now, so tax is yeah, YouTube, we can see it. So let's start off, guys, let's start off. So first of all, the first thing you help to understand is this who is going to pay taxes in Nigeria. It is going to be Nigerian residents and they're going to be paying taxes on their income. So first of all, have five two things here. Number one, who is a Nigerian residence. That's a very very first thing, right, because you've got to say, excus You've got to say, first of all, who is a Nigerian Nigerian doesn't mean who has the passport Nigerian means as a tax mall as they find it, who is in Nigeria and residents. The first thing is that if you spend one hundred is three days in Nigeria, you are in Nigeria on that tax purposes. That means if you're an American citizen but you spend one un three days in Nigeria, or you maintain a permanent home in Nigeria, or you have significant economic or family ties in Nigeria, right, or you have employment elsewhere, you don't do any of that. You don't live in Nigeria. I'm a permanent home in Nigeria. But the economic activity that you are being your any income in Nigeria, you are not being taxed in your home country. If that applies to you, boys and girls, Essentially you are a taxpayer in Nigeria. So that's the first thing. So let's say you live in Canada and you have homes in Nigeria, right, and you are earning rental income in Nigeria. As long as you do not spend all nitted three days in Nigeria, or you do not have any substantial quote unquote business in Nigeria, or you don't mean it any permanent from in Nigeria, then you're not a tax person for all a Nigerian purposes. They're not going to be a tax person. That's essentially what they're saying. So your taxes will not follow should we say the other ways that we will tax Nigerian's. We will tax Nigerians based on their income in Nigeria. But you are not a resident in Nigeria. So if you have a double tax arrangement, that's what would apply to you. If you don't have a double tax arrangement, then you're not residents in Nigeria. The income you're making Nigeria, if it goes to your back account, show file taxes, but you are not a Nigerian, so that income stream is not applicable to personal income tactic. They're saying, we won't tax a foreigner if a foreigner had homes in Nigeria below over Amionia the same way, you're not a residence. So the key thing here is this. If you spend one five days that's half of the time in Nigeria, but you are also living in the US on the UK, then you're in Nigerian. So if you are in Nigerian, then you have to file taxes in Nigeria. You cannot claim the foreign status and then say you will not pay taxes. You can say I have an American passport, thus I will not pay taxes for income I have earned in Nigeria. It will work that way if you spend more than one hundred three days in Nigeria. So what's the way to avoid this. You've got to count the days you spend in Nigeria. If you're gonna spend a lot of time in Nigeria, be a weather The magic number is one eighty three days in Nigeria. If you spend one do in Nigeria, you were permanent from in Nigeria, you have a signer in the community in Nigeria. And if you are not, you don't live in Nigeria and you do a contract in Nigeria, but you don't pay tax when you get back to your home country. And of course you will also be taxed in Nigeria because that economic activity happens in Nigeria. So the first way to look at it is to say, listen, if you're going to be if you have a foreign passport, be aware of the number of days that make you a resident of Nigeria. But once your resident of Nigeria, then this law applies to you resident of Nigeria. Then this laws will not apply to you, right because you're Nigerian by birds or you're an American citizen or kind of citizen by passport. But if you're a Kandon citizen and you spend two hundred days in Nigeria, then for the purposes of taxation, you'll be taking us in Nigeria, and of course you will then pay those tax i hope that that's particular how we want to differentiate that? Right, excellent, So let's now go to the second thing the world's going to talk around, right, which is going to be how then to let's now go into the business say how can we then avoid the first thing. That's what we'll call the income strategy. Income strategy, the law says, I'm going to share this lading with you guys on on Twitter. The law says that if you end less than eight hundred thousand, then you will not pay any tactically end less than eight or in thousands. But that's the only good strategy for us. I mean, who wants to have a strategy that says I want to end less than eight hundred thousand. That's nothing, right, we want to end more. We're basically going to end a lot more and then find out the legal ways not to pay tax on that. Now, I did look at all the all the provisions. The one that I do like that I think makes more sense for us to talk around is the one where you go around the pension from Act. That's the one I think that makes more sense to us to really focus on how to speak around. So again on Twitter, guys, I'm sharing the slides. I've just said the second one. Now now we're on the income. So if you are earning more than eight hundred thousand, I wanted to really look at your retirement sivis account as your key account to avoid taxes legally. And this is what we call above the line deductions, because what's happening is this, if you end a million MIRA and you are able to contribute, able to contribute three hundred thousand MIRA into your retirement sivings account, then your income is no longer one million is seven hundred thousand IRA. So anything you contribute to your retirement servings account, you deduct that from your income, not as an expense, not below the line, but really above the line. You are saying your income is going to get one million, your income is seven hundred thousand because you've taken away three hundred thousand to your retireing sivens account. So now remember that your arrests, your time sients account is based on eighteen percent. That's the statutory limit ten percent. It's based on your housing, your basic housing, your transport, and of course your basics.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: You want to make sure that if you work in ninetia. You are getting a pay slip and that pace they should break down your income into basic housing and transportation. So just don't get a payslip. Just don't get say, oh I pay you, here's a check. Insist to get a payslip, and that pactive should break down your income into basic housing and transportation. That's what you want to essentially get because once you get that, you've qualified then to then pay eighteen percent of that basic housing and transportation right as your start to treat allowance, but want to go more than that's a tree allowance. This is where we now talk about the real avoiding taxes. We want to avoid taxes. You know what we call the additional voluntary contribution that you can make all a pension is the way use the additional contribution right in excess of that eighteen percent, you take that off your income. If you don't end edit income, then you're not paying the taxes. So as much as one your salary is available for it to contribute as additional volunteer contribution. Look at the cool part of this here, right, any amount of money you contribute to your additional vunture contribution, you can take away in five years and it's completely tax free. So let's say I'm working today and I keep on contributing ten percent in excess of my eighteen percent ten percent in excess my eighteen percent into my additional voutry contribution. First of all, I'm reducing my tax income by accessible profit. What they will tax me, I'm reducing that. But in six years, if I want to buy land, I want to jack bar, I want to get married, whatever I want to do, I can take away the contributions I have made fifty percent to my additional ventucumption, I can take it away tax free. The order fifty percent is going to be added to my pension benefits. So this opens your mind to planning. Any income you save in your RS as additional vunture contribution, you can remove in five years without paying taxes. So if you're high income ENNA, this is very very good for you in quote because you are able to plan this out. If you say you are going to retire in fifteen years, right, you can start to deduct those fonts today and put it aside, because after five years, all those contributions are tax exem Remember your total income, you are paying the tax on it, but the deductions from additional vuntry contributions, you are not going to pay a tax. So what are we saying if you transfer your income Remember we talked about passive income. If you transfer your income streams from your salary to your additional vuntry contribution, you have shielded that from taxation after five years. I like this one because it gives you the power to plan how much you want to deduct or withdraw after five years. Now the question is going to be if you are self employed, can you do this? Of course you can. Of course you should write because if you are then working for yourself, Let's say you are a lawyer, or you are you're a hostile or you are a content creator, you have to go and open a retimin stements account. Then you have to put that relents account the money that you're making pay yourself a salary, the excess put it there or ones you can invest, put it there. Because in five years time, it comes like that all the money you're going to make, you can take out that. If fifty persent on that ANBC, you can take out after five years. So if you put ten million there, you can take out five million after five years. If you ladder it properly. You can receive tax free income after five years. If you ladder properly. Ask your advisor what ladder means. Right, you can do it properly and you can get that tax free incentive. So we've talked to Abroun one about number one. Where you live determines if you pay taxation. So you have an American passport, but you do business in Nigeria for more and one in the three days, or you do substantial business here, or you maintain a permanent home in Nigeria, be careful. You're going to be exposed to paying taxes in Nigeria, so watch out that one of the three day limit. That's the first we talked about. Now we're talking about your retirement in stements accounts, how you can use attenative's account to take your active income, push it through there and bring it out additional country compsion. Don't say five years is too long. It's five years to ensure the money gets to you tax free. Right, very important distinction there for you. So there are other tax benefits that you get, but like I said, I looked through them and the pension one was and it gives you more bang for your book. The other ones, guys are going to be around your life premium for you and your spouse. Now, this one why didn't like it too much in terms of bank for the book was because it's just the premiums that are going to be deducted from your your paycheck. So it's you buy life insurance, what you pay as premium and what you pay for your spouse as premium, you dedoctor also above the line from your income. So if you buy a life insurance policy of maybe five million and annaira, whatever premium you pay for yourself and your wife, you dedot that from your income. Right, that's essentially what's going to happen. So this doesn't give you that bank. You don't you don't put the money in insurance and then when insurance pays you it is No, it doesn't give you that bank. But still it allows you reduce your taxes. Look at it this way. If you're in a high tax bracket and one miller will make you qualify from say paying eighteen percent tax to pain twenty five percent tax, it's work well for to buy life insurance and reduce where you fall on the tax table. This high want uses like surance policy, the annuities. The NHR is the NHF. This is how you want to use it. If you look at the tax table, guys, you see your first eight thousand is you don't pay anything. Then you see your next amount, your next amount, your next amount. You see the taxes you pay on the right inside. If you are a million dollars million mirror between one tax bracket and the tax bracket, it makes no sense to take that wollion error in US income and then qualify for the higher tax bracket. So it makes us look at your income, look away from the tax back. Then say can I buy my way into a lower tax bracket by buying digity deductibles. So the point is, don't look at the insurance premium and say if I buy insurance premium whatever I'm buying, and you see my taxes, this is a above the line reduction. If you eard a million and you pay one hundred thousand for insurance premiums, your income is now nine hundred thousand. Very key. So if your income if one million, guys pay ten percent income tax, but nwe hundred percent guys not to na guys pay five per cent income you want to see if you can use these deductions and buy yourself into a lower tax bracket. So live insurance premiums, deferred annuities, which are like you you go to an insurance company and you say, I'm going to give you money today, and I want you to give me back this money in five years time. All that money you buy, all those fundings you buy with them, is going to be deferred. The income is going to be deferred or the purchase deferred. Once you pay for that premium for defered annuity or life insurance premium, you pay no taxes. I either reduce your income based on what you pay. You're able to write off your income to the amount that you pay as a premium for life insurance and for defered annuities. NHI is National Insurance Scheme. Anything you pay as premium, you also deduct Niger Housing the fund You can pay this studtory two point five per cent off your income to NHF. If you pay interest on a mortgage on a home that you live in primary residents, you can also dropped that prime residence as income that you will so you dedoct that from your income to reduces your income. The rants is kind of different. Rents is just going to be a twenty percent of whatever rent you pay is not top one or bottom line, it's just going to be twenty percent of whatever rent you pay is capped at five hundred thousand. So whatever number you get, if it's one on five hundred thousand, you cap it back to five hundred thousand. So if you pay a rent of ten million, twent ten done is two million, you only claim five hundred times. So nolready that is to reduce your taxable what you pay as tax, But you're not going to reduce your above the line. We are interested in above the line deduction, which is your pensions, your life pillions, your annuities, your NHS, and your natural housing front while we interested in those months because they reduce your taxes above the line with mean that your income, the income you end in reduced with them, means that the taxes you pay, your tax fit is going to be a better tax because you are reducing your income. So I'm indy ten million, but I'm paying tax as if I end five million. That's what I'm saying. You are going to use these deductions to reduce your taxable income to give you a more preferential tax bracket. That's what hardly want to use. This was sorry, we're gonna take I'm going to take your questions once I'm done with this. So just if you have a question, just park it. Not if you want to speak, I will allow everyone to speak out of your question. I'm going to run through this presentation, and then we'll just take all those questions. Not to worry, guys, not to worry now that the next one I want to talk about now is going.
Speaker 3: To be.
Speaker 1: This is now we're not getting into the meat of the presentation, right, We're get into the resentation. I call this the passive income strategy. And this should we say laws that have or should say opportunities that are in the act that the Attaxment House told us that listen, guys, if you do this, we will not charge you a tax. That's what these are. If you invest this way, we will not charge your attacks. And I don't know, just want to make sure the guys on Twitter are following or seeing the power point slides that I'm sharing. I've shared about three now if you can see it on Twitter, just give me a what's it called?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 1: Terms up that you are following and you can see the slides I'm sharing just to make sure I'm carrying you guys a lot of figures I want to. Don't give me a TOMS. If you're on Twitter and you can see those slides that I'm sure I really would appreciate that. Yeah, I know the YouTube guys can see it. Well, perfect, Thank you so much. Let's come to our income passive income strategy. What is this? Is this if if you earn income, you pay tax on your income. That's how taxes work. You earn income, you pay tax on your income. But the taxman is saying, now we are going to give you setting incomes are exempt from taxes. That's what we're talking around. What incomes are going to be exempt from taxes? If you are a Nigerian taxpayer in Nigeria, taxpayer doesn't mean you have a Nigerian passport. It means you are making money in Nigeria for more and more than into three days, there are permanent from in Nigeria. You have substantial that's Nigeria. That's a taxpayer in Nigeria. Number one. If you earn dividends, interest, ran royalties outside Nigeria and you bring it into Nigeria to invest. Then you will not pay tax on the income that you generate from those especially if you bring it approved channels. What are they saying. Let's say you work in Nigeria and you make one hundred million Mira a year. If you take if you take fifteen million or that round million fifty million, Let's say you take thirty million and you take it outside Nigeria. How you buy You go to your app in Nigeria and you buy a money market fund in the US and the UK. That money market's fund pays you a dividend. You take that dividend, you bring it back to my gad the next year. You know this first year you end naira. You took your naira converted to dollars, pounds, Canadian or whatever. You invest in the foreign asset class. That point asset class paid you dividends. You took that dividends, brought you to approved channels. The money came up to you in legos. You don't pay tax on that income. So if you start to do a process, you are taking money from your Nigerian account, buying a foining assets, bringing the money back to Nigeria. The money go about to Nigeria becomes income to you, but it's not taxable. So the first year thirty you do it. You do a table, next year thirty, next year thirty. What would happen is that these streams of income that are going to be an it from your dividends, your passive income are no longer taxable to you. If you buy property in the UK, they pay you a dividend, or they paid you rental, you bring that rental back to Nigeria, it's not going to be taxable to you. Dividends, interest, rents, royalties derived from outside Nigeria brought into Nigeria through APPROOP channels tax exempt for you. That's the first one there. So your mind is now thinking, oh wow, I can take naira buy something foreign that's gonna pay me dividends that point evident paid me back in come to Nigeria. Even having Nigeria, I don't pay tax on it. Your mind is thing like I can see your mind working. What else if you have a Nigerian company that is doing export, remember holy exports. If all they are doing is exporting any profit, that company makes zero taxes on it. Right, Or if you export cock and you bring the cocoa proceeds back to Nigeria. That money from coco back to Nigeria, you don't pay tax on that money. So what if I had one hundred million Ira today and I went to acquim if I could get go it's better hard to get cocoa today. I got to acquire on my bi cocoa and I take that whole a million Eira and I export cocoa out. They bad cocoa in Holland. They pay me uros. Maybe I don't know how much. It's going to be ten thousand euros. The turns on euros come back to my dorm account. Nigeria is saying that you will not pay tax on that ten million. Remember, you don't want to pay tax on the first on your own error because you aren't that money to do a business to export the cocoa to go comes back, you don't pay tax on that. Also, if somebody is selling vegetable to Everanon in Canada and you say, okay, I want to invest in your business. This business is going to be only set up to export vegetables to Canada. Whatever profit you guys make on that business, you don't pay tax on it. So the way to do is that it again, you have income, you have to invest that income in this activity. Export activity. It has to be only exports. They can be doing export and import, but no import Expert's got to be only exports. So this just tells you that the government is telling you that for you to be a patriotic Nigeria and they won't you to go on export. The more you export, the revenues you get from export as now that you bring it back to Nigeria true approved channels of course, this tax exempt are for you. So again your mind is now working. That means that all those you can get up a few boys, set a company up and say what I think guaranteetings and I just want I can export. I can export Mollywood movies. I can export Nigeria uncles. I can export palmholder, I can expok Okay, whatever it is, I go to export. Take your naira, do that export, bring way back to Nigeria. It's tax free. It's tax free, guys. Is the law. Everything we're quoting here, everything here is in the tax law. That's why I said it's a patriotic thing to do. Because the government wants to do exports, and the more you export, the more you're gonna make money for Nigeria. That's what they make it to your tax free. So your brain is working. Yep. You you are married, your husband is in. Your husband is not elay. You are a breadwinner. You take money, You set up a company owned by yourself and your husband. That company does exports. That's it. All the money you make goes to that company. The problem you guys, make is tax free. The costs of the company are tax free. The digner the company pays you, it's tax free. Your brain is working. Dividends distributed by an authorized collective investment scheme. What are collective investment skins? Mutual funds? You need trust? You see you go to your stomp guys you see invest in mutual funds or invest in ETF that venture capital, pees, private equity. Any funds you invest and then you get dividends back from this company is tax free. Again, your brain is working. You get your line. You're gonna salary. You say, okay, how much you wrying to spend spend money on food? Okay, the excess we do, the excess I buy. You need trust schemes from nineteria I buy money markets, I buy equitive trust schemes. As long as it is authorized by the Nigerian Security and Exchange Commission. They pay you back your dividends. It's tax free, at least say with told in tax. It's tax exp it's gone. You're gonna get that money back from them without paying taxes. Why the government wants to encourage you to participate in the capitol market, so you're giving you a tax free way to do it. If you put one in the PE firm, they pay you back returns is tax free. Let your capital out, they pay you back is tax free. ETFs exchange funds you put money, they pay you back is tax free. The easiest one for me is you take your money, you buy a money market phone. Money market phone pays your back interest. Sure, you have to put in a one hundred millions to get a ten million a BI, but that ten millie is tax free. So every year test trains go up, your tax return is also increasing. You don't pay tax on that income. It's income. By not paying tax on that income, it's a law. Fantastic guy. It's thanks for so everyone knows. We don't worry world's big our profits on a company engaged in sporting activities. If you have a company, let's say again the wife is working, Harman is not working, husband is follows Chelsea, do something around Chelsea or something around a BA, and the profits that company is making it's not going to be taxicle. Now, I controfess, I don't know what they mean by sporting activities. It's a beer power where you watch Chelsea beats as not it's sporting activity. It's making shoes in a bar, sporting shoes in a BA, sporting activity. I don't know, but this is what they are saying that if you have a company engaged in sporting activities, then that company is going to be end income that's going to be tax free from you. And of course the one that we all know, if you buy federal government and state government bonds, you get a tax exempts because the income that's don't come to you now lend them went to the governments or log a tax they want to encourage you lend to them. My disappointment here is that they did not include local government bonds. Why state, federal and local governments at the federation local government should be able to borrow doesn't mean if you're going to give them money, but they not including them as well. But any income that you make from a state, a federal, or local government is going to be exempt from taxes. So guys, what are we saying here, right? We are saying that if you are able to invest in any of these activities, if you need, the income you are making is going to be tax exempt. Remember, guys, the whole idea is convert your active income into passive income that is tax exempt. That's the game. Convert your passive in your active income into passive income that is tax exempt. That's what you want to do. Convert your passive income into active income that is tax exempt. Right, let's go to our next slide. Next slide next life is going to be all the things that you can do with real estate, especially I like this for my real estate. We'll gon't talk about this on my relative. Well, how you can also transfer money and avoid taxes, and how you can also invest also to avoid taxes. Now, overall capital gains means if you buy a car for one for one hundred ERA and you sell that car for two hundred error, you have made a profit of one hundred as capital gains. You bought something, you sold, you make a profit. Government wants to tax that profit. But the government is saying that if you don't, if they puss at less than one fifty million, they won't tax you. If the game is less than ten million in twelve months, they will also not tax you. So again, if I buy shares and I sell my shares and my profit is not up to ten million, I make two million. Next time I make four million. As long as I've not crossed ten million, I don't pay tax on that capital game, the capital gain itself, I don't pay tax. Why I buy land and I sell land in less than one year, it's not normal will ten million there? I don't pay taxes. They process to me should be less than one So the whole transaction should less than one fifty and I don't gain let's more than ten million in twelve months, so you don't pay tax on that. So if you don't like something, if you've bought something, you want to sell it very very quickly. If you allow you to accumate interest, of course you can then go into paying taxes on that, which is not bad. It made your profit, so you will see the tax on the private If you don't pay tax at all. Dispose early because it's gonna be once it gets on one million, then it's exposed to captial games. But again, it's not a bad day. You made money. That's fine. But what about private residencies. The law says that even if I sell a private residence for more than that is one fifty million, right, it's my private residence. I don't pay tax on the sale of my private residence. I don't pay tax on instead of my private residence. So let's say I have a house in a Quali, it's worth a million era, I can give that house to my daughter because it's a gift. My daughter will not pay tax on that gift. My daughter is now instantly word one and fifty million an era. What if you sell that house? What if you sell that house where it's not gonna pay against tax because it's a personal residence, you have to think leave that house. I would certainly five years, right, So because it's a personal house, how did she get a house capital true a gift? I would say hold it for five and sell because it's your personal home. Your castle is tax fish not gonna pay tax on that. So again, if you have this asset you can just only once. You can't give gifts every year. This is a one time exception. So if you have this big house di you're not going to use and you have kids, I only give them money today. Think about this. Give them the house. They have to live in the house as a primary residence. If they sell that house and go to Canada or go to the bility, it's their money because if they're presonal residence they're selling, they are not going to pay tax on that transaction. Captaal against tax on that transaction. So that's not the way for you to structure gifting assets. Not just to do we not give that free where you know that, but because the person you are getting too can dispose and get that income tax free because the CAP is the prime cident, it's just the house and it's of course going to be tax free. Then the last one here is going to be your pension company. So if you want to work for another Niger today, you want to make sure you work for a company that's going to pay you a pension because again, like we talked around the first one, if you don't get a pension account with additional voultual contribution you are losing. A way to get money is washed through the pension system for tax prey returns. So if you have two trustes, one pays you pension, one doesn't pay your pension. Acts a guy, why not paying pensions? Even if they don't pay your pensions, You've got to get that pace. So that's this basics transport. Everyone has got to insist on this from the guy in planet. But if you don't do it this way, you can't get that tax break. You've got to file your basic, your house and your transportation to be able to get that relief. All right, let's go to the next one, which is going to be copy it in con TAXI. So I'm now assuming that we've sort of gone through the personal incoside, right, and you guys have seen a lot of innovative Who again, there's nothing innovative here. These things are all in the tax law. They are all in the tax But I just waited on Twitter. I was sending anyone do how to avoid taxes? So I said to do it. But I'm not giving you any revelation. It's all in a tax law. But tax avoidance is legal. The government is telling you if you do this you will not pay taxes.
Speaker 4: Not me.
Speaker 1: The governments are telling you. If you do this, you're not paying tax. A lot of other things. Is how to do it. I'm showing you the forest, right, but I'm not showing the tree. You don't have to go in and say, Okay, I'm gonna find this tree in this forest and I'm going to take advantage of So let's share corporate income taxes again. Lets just make this point. This space is only for personal taxpayers and small and medium enterprises. If you're a POC big boy, gonna hire your own tax lawyer, you have lots of ways to have to do those things there. But this for the small guy, the guy employing ten people, small firm that wants to know also, how can they apply if you the things that title to reduce their taxable income. This is who this space is, right, not for the guys that can have for the lawyer and all that. Right. So I think this first point really tells you all you need to do to avoid tax as a personal person. All you need to do any profits or gains of any company, any company or enterprise dedocted all expense for the period why and exclusively incured in the production of income. In other words, any income that any company can show was used wholly and excusingly to make income is tax deductible. That's that's what it means. If you work for a fan in a farm and you buy disy to run your immigation machine, whatever I used to run that machine, it's tax deductible. If you as if you're a content cream and you buy a camera, you pay a borrow for the buy to film, you pay for boxes, you pay for launch. All those things are tax deductible because you are using them to create income. In the production of income. If you are the video give example many times and you buy a Lamborghini, that Lamborghini is tax deductible because there's Lamborgames do videos for your home, for your music videos, which generate income for you. So any company at all that is using any expense holy and the screen to generate income, you can write that income off. This is of course in line with our agricultural export we said before. If you export anything in Nigeria, you don't pay tax. If your billion money back. If you export a culture you get a tax ext for five years. This is a separate for that. If you start up farming Nigeria. You get tax break for five years. The first five years no taxes, but this is in after that five years, any expense that you use to make income in that farm is also going to be adoptable. Now in the tax law, we define this small compaign as turnover or a hundred million or below and fixed assets not exiting two hundred and fifty million, there's fifty million. There's the tax Act. Mister t I will have clarified that hundred billion is the right numbers. We go with one hundred million. So for me, I would say, hire your accountants, look at to watch you're your operations and say okay, hey, how can I legally avoid taxes again? But they afore give you the answer. Any expense you used to make income you had a doctor, including the eating. If you're going to talk around now write any income you make you used to make your income. Any experence used to make your income you can deduct from your taxes. So we're gonna going to talk around some settin exemptions as well that you can also add to deduct as well some incomes. We're going to the second to the last slight guys. So yeah, we're nearly there copy. I'm not gonna share with my folks on Twitter who have always been with me all year. Merry Christmas to all my Twitter folks, love you all like mad. So now we are talking around a few exemptions, right that just I want to just highlight this exemptions for the business with love death. If you pay any intro or on debt employed to generate income for the trade business profession, you can write that tax off. So if you borrow money and you are any interest on debt is right, you can write that off. Right, so the will continue to grow by taking in credits and to expand your operations, and of course the interest you in cure with that expansion you can write off. This says business profession of vocation. So if you're a if you're making skits, if you're a YouTube guy, you're making skits on the roots of love of a bar and you borrow money from a bank to do that business, the lawyer is saying, you can write off the interest you use to buy that camera, to buy the drone, to pay all those people, you can write it off your taxes. That's what the lawy is saying. Any expense in the repair of plans equipments, fictions. Yet all this is all good. So when you do your repairs, keep you your bills. You got to vocanize and keep your receipt. You call it legion and keep your receipt. That's the point. It's a small enterprises. Now, Yeah, any contribution you make to your staff pension prevedent retireing benefits are food. But the pension from art is also taxing exempt. So again, if you know this, guys, why would you have employee employees and not pay them pension. If you pay employees pension, you write it off your taxes, and your employees are happier, they stay more because they can also then do additional lunt your contribution. You are gaining, your employees are happy. Why would you not pay pensions to your employees? Doesn't make any sense to avoid or to ignore this exemption for you rent. If you pay rent, you can also write that off. And it says in residents of land and building occupy for the purpose of getting in. So even a farmer and I rent land, I can paid by that rent out of my tax income. So you've got to have an account on talking to you. You can't do it by yourself. Because then I was going to tell you more of This is just what I brought out on power point. Your counter is going to tell you more about things like this. Any salary you pay, you can't write off any cost to the company. You can't write you own your employee salaries. Because your pain a salary, you write it off. But very good thing is here, guys. You can see, like I said, to pay your taxes is patriotic. Only patriotic nature has paid salaries right. So nothing we have said here is illegal. Everything we have said here is part of the pension reform at everything we have said here now as second to the last slide, we're going to talk around some awesome special exemptions there. I just want you guys to be aware of that this is going to be an export zone. You'll pay taxes, that's fine, but you're V eighty. Please make sure going forward to track all V eightyes, bety going out, viaty coming in. Why because there is this impute tax you can clan back. So if you have a company and you buy un instance diesel, right and the company charleges U V eighty, just assuming and assume they charges V eighty on the diesel now you can claim that in putebat you can claim it back and say that was a cost, So big big beigchen for you there. Captain allowance says, of course I'm still there. If you invest in an in an equipment, you can clean that allowance over the years and say, oh I want the narrator, I want to clean that gator as capital allowance in run of my business, there's not this economic development taxing incentive it is. It's not replaced in the pioneer taxes. So before the pioneer taxes, if you invest in the rural area where there's no w or power, you can actually play one hundred percent of alt of investments out of your taxes. So let's say you are to make you want to manufacture socks. If you manufact your socks, an example in Legos labors has water, power and roads no exemption. But if you go to your village where there's no power, water roads are a socks factor in your pleage, you are able to clean a lot of those kinds out of your proca. There's no road there. So going to say, because they give you power, we're gonna allow you claim a lot of that as tax insancty. That's what they're saying. Your guys, Yes, guys, you guys speak if you have all those questions. Finally, guys, I'm just closed by saying most of what I've said here, even before the tax laws past, already had the stage in our in my book. Right this was reading my book. Somethings have been rehashed to increase the amount, or they will say it when it was to have been there. And if you've gotten the book, which i'm now shameless is plugging, you have seen most of these things in the book already. I would have also prepared yourself for this, because you want to get ready minting about this tax better that manyting that you have to do implementation. If you do not file any tax return, whether you make one mira or one billion, you're going to pay taxes because you have not filed. You've got to file taxes to be able to get the exemption. So don't assume I'm not in the file. I end fifty K a year. No, don't tax your ass because you've got the file. So knowledge is very important, more knowledge, implementation of that knowledge is very very important. So like I said today, I have shared with you guys a lot of things right. It's going to be recorded. These lines are there. I want to show your tax account and ask a tax account and hey, this guy said this, is it true? How can I take sto make sure you also do your own vertication. I'm not unhuman. I could be wrong at the very big I put the disclaimer there. I could be wrong, So make sure you also ask the tax guy before you. That isn't the generics that most people know. The idea is this, if you don't pay taxes, you have more money to consume. The more you consume, the more the economy is growing. So don't think it's a bad thing that you're not paying taxes. You are helping the government to improve the GDP and the consumption by avoiding tax That's why you're a patriot. With that, let me go back to the to the flower. Let's get just Josey. How are you? Thanks for hiring there? What's your question? Thanks for your.
Speaker 3: Question, compliments of the season.
Speaker 5: I just wanted to answer, does it make financial sense for.
Speaker 4: Let's civil sybums to view of their their pension plan?
Speaker 5: You said they can't save up to one todd of their income. It doesn't make financial sense because my space was already If we look up and I discovered dinar has lost an average of thin st annually in the past five years. So just to you know, save up only on maybe five to seven percent tax taxations in the financial sense to increase one's pension fune, just to save up bone on that.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: If you get my I complete, you're basically saying, hey, well, am I posibly deny when I write falling And it doesn't make sense to deny consumption when I look at it this way. First of all, because the law is start to treat to eighteen percent. If you don't do your person, you for the lost ten percent income. So first of all, everybody here no arguement, make sure you do your own eight percent for retirementating's account. Why because then the company can give you ten percent whether you lose it. They don't lose it. You're gonna get at this ten percent. Let's now go back to the contributions to your question. Just just remember those those phones are invested. We don't take the cash and bury it. We take those phons and we invest it. In the last ten years, the Niger stock market has lived up the largest return in the world for two years after the last ten years. I think those twenty twenty two folks can check for me now just talk like was the best performance stock back at the entire world. Folks can do a quick fact check. So the market is not a bad market to invest in niger stock market. If instalk buying don go to, you are buying Nigerian banks, you are buying a few solid companies their setbacks. It's very that five. So it's better. Like I said in the example, you're eighteen percent, you start to treat do to get your ten percent? Do it? If you do ABC's, I just not want yours and you take the money out after five years. If if the market crashes, pull money out after five years, it's your tax free. That's the point I'm taking again with that. The ABC's fifty percent of your ages can be as it means, additional can be pulled away when you retire. So essentially, if you don't like the market again, or you want to travel, I want to start up a new business, there is no or that better I give you tax free compounded savings than the retirement news account. That's wy you want to take advantage of that of that ABC, Sir, does that make sense? And does the returns? But that you can get fifty percent tax free? Where else can you get like an offer? Right, Jose? Does that make sense? Yeah? Sense the fantastic. Let's get you the money.
Speaker 4: I agree with you.
Speaker 6: Thank you very much for this session. Just the contribution rights. And I think you've done a good job in terms of summarizing some of the points in the NCA and at least what small businesses and people people that's not income US rights. That's something you mentioned, and I think it's important. People's tax or your finances might be different rights. So you need to still consider regionality to an accountant or a tax professional and some of the things you've measured, like you know, deduction of life insurance premium.
Speaker 7: Or interest or mortgages. It depends on the states that you're in, right, it doesn't the person states. It doesn't the states. It's just if you contribute to insurance outside.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you get the doction. What I'm saying is that to get the deduction.
Speaker 6: The administrative procedures right the states gives clarity. For example, LS will tell you that all it should be people now occupied, right, so als will tell you that you need to be staying in that property that you see is yours so that you can get the interest on deduction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why I said it has to be older occupied because the.
Speaker 6: Market is going so that I said, it's peculiar. Sometimes if it's if the if you need to you know, finance multiple proper.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I don't want I wanted to go. I'm not I'm not deviating.
Speaker 4: I'm not deviating.
Speaker 6: What I'm just saying is that you know you need to be careful.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying wrong. What may I believe is.
Speaker 1: What you said that.
Speaker 6: The interest on the property to get a deduction for it is fine, but you need to be careful. We need to check what are the issues.
Speaker 1: With your own states?
Speaker 6: Right because person time in contacts to speak to the states, same as interest from mortgage, which.
Speaker 1: Is hold on, hold on the personally contact is paying the deduction. The deduction is about the line. So they're saying, if you do do this, you get deduction. I want, like I said, I'm feeling the forest, go and look for the tree. So I get you very good point of making, but just know we can detail out tax complicities down down.
Speaker 4: To the I'm not didn't what you mentioned everything.
Speaker 6: Then the second bit is, you know, trying to know at your document everything. If you're a small business owner like you mentioned documents.
Speaker 4: Every day, your receipts, if you're doing.
Speaker 6: Transferst like i'd advice you, you know, you separate your accounts personal accounts and the business accounts, get your your receipts, ensure.
Speaker 1: That you you know, you have.
Speaker 6: A good narration and intensity a transferring money you guys, also be expenses that you know are related to your business will be deducted.
Speaker 4: So those are some of the key things. But most importantly after I talked.
Speaker 6: To you professionals to help you, you know, look at your accounts, file your returns, and.
Speaker 4: I think you've I think.
Speaker 1: You've you've you've done a good a good summary.
Speaker 6: And I think if people just you know, try to you know, seek some.
Speaker 4: Advice, then I don't think they will have any story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I comment to highlight what you said very important, just to highlight the point you've made. Make sure you are separating your individual from your business and we'll talk about it some time on the space. Do not put any personal transactions on your business account. When we had the space was a pookeem and said, hey, CALU, in my company, they pay me money to pay salaries. I'm the fore money in my construction company. So I get all the salaries into my account. Then I paid the salaries to the people. No more. From twenty six, don't do that anymore. The companiesh open up a business account and make you a signer, so they will pay money to the business account. Then you, as a signer, can go to that business account and pay people's salary. Whatever money you are saying on your own line on your bank. Do a memo. If you are giving your mother in the village and gives it, give for mama's birthday memo, write it and said it because you forget. If you are giving your run Scale money, put money for run Scale. Put it there. You will forget what it's for. You're laughing, but you forget. Write everything the detailed to have a budget. So Gibla very very good. Good points to reminder that we have to document. We have to feel. Like I said, talk to a tax professional. I'm only human. I want to make sure that whatever I've said is you agreeble to the tax question before you whatever. Yeah, bad I've got bed ben could be so.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much for the insight from your I believe.
Speaker 3: It will be able to watch the video on YouTube.
Speaker 8: A game also here couldn't see. But I just have maybe four questions, Uh, if it could happen, whats.
Speaker 9: On how we could personally found taxes.
Speaker 8: For those who are resiling from convince. I think that's quite but if you could ever work as through how that will work to file. The second question, which is a shootout from that one.
Speaker 3: So if I if I work for the.
Speaker 8: Company and I do side housles, how do I how do I how do I reconcile that money when it's that they should above Let's say let's think it gives the the way I could reconcile that and take some of this avoid that you said, because it's going to be income from pay and that on the side housle, how do you reconcile that?
Speaker 4: How can then?
Speaker 8: Also can you file separately if you get side housle closer and normal paid that organizations paid for on your behalf.
Speaker 3: That's one question.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, so one thing. If you want to file your file personally state by state, that's what you bol trying to exercise. You file state by state. So in Abya state you go to Abbya States Internal Revenue Service you file your personal income tax. It's only federal co being in contact that you then file to the federal government which is going to be the Niger Revenue Service former fire respect. Okay, any income, we don't differentiate between gig income, side, hustle or salary. Any income is taxable, any and all. If you do bitcoin, you get air drops is taxable. If your boyfriend gives you money is taxable. If it doesn't say it's a gift is taxable. Any income that your accounts is looked as as income. However, from that income you only then go buy deductions and you file. So, for instance, if you get your salary, your company might say, okay, hey, we paid your money. We're going to file for you for the income we're paid. It's left to you to then go and file your own personal assessment to show I bond life insurance, I did NHF, I did investments. You have to go do that yourself with your state. Your state tax author is to claim due deductions, so you don't have a tax payment at the bottom.
Speaker 8: I'm sure you're sure if I cry, it's gonna do that independent of what.
Speaker 3: Are your organization is doing.
Speaker 1: And it's correct. Remember that in the past, the way I druants paid taxes, that you got a twenty percent tax. What's what's the word now when you pay when you got your income, The government says twenty perent is a tax free income automatic. So what is happen in the past that I've got your company's paying your salary, they simply take twenty percent automatic, apply as your tax break, and you get a tax free They just file for you because it's from twenty percent of your consultary remedue, which your company is paying on your behalf. So that was what was happening in the past. Now there's no more automatic twenty percent. Nothing is automatic. Even the eight hundred thousand nine is not automatic. You have to file to say you end seven hundred thousand, then you don't pay tax. If you end seven hundred thousand and you don't file, you will pay tax. Because tax man will say, hmm, I've not got the attacking turn from you. I'm going to assume you end a million, and now tax you isn't the law. They can assume income and they can tax you I think Section ninety one. So you're going to make sure you file every year those taxes. Yeah, you have to file time says yearly. You have to find more. That's gotta be too much for you. So what you can just to have an account, open an account, call that account tax account. Every month, countult your tax pit, your tax account. End of the year, cut a check to your your tax authorities, and you have your schedules. You know, you have scanners all your receipts for that month, scan them, attach you on to your your report, skanter, keep it five match you keep it. End of the year. You cut one check to your tax authorities. You have your record, you get come back to you. You have everything scan save on the cloud. It can never get lost. That's how you want to do it. So you can you can accrue monthly and pay once to Listen, all right, it's not messy. It's not messy.
Speaker 3: What I mean by that, a lot of people are not savvy.
Speaker 1: Well you have to be. You have to be.
Speaker 8: The mess in the first year because a lot of this is new for a lot of people.
Speaker 4: But that's fine.
Speaker 1: So just a real quick you have to expo questions real quick manicons to speak, real quick. Last question, real.
Speaker 4: Quick, the last question. So I was also going to ask you.
Speaker 8: Talk about making taking your active.
Speaker 3: Income to become a lot more passive.
Speaker 8: So you receive money and you move it to mutual fund.
Speaker 3: What you said was it you get from that would not be.
Speaker 1: It's not it's not that taxable income. There's no in tax. It's no just no tax. If you take non error by mutual funds mutual fund company bas you one hundred thousands intro is your interest? You are getting that. The key is tax extems. It's not income. It's not taxable income to you. Okay, So let me just play the last have to go your well to go. Let's get what's get wins. We knows we know see w N O s C at G Baden we know see I don't we know that the co C K O s I co C. How are you doing?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: And question yes, sir, let's say you live abroad, you don't pat money from Nigeria. Boy, you have proper in Nigeria that keeping in valid?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir?
Speaker 4: Do you pay that for having properties in Nigeria? Although that you're gonna making money.
Speaker 3: From them board the valley.
Speaker 1: No, so you don't because we don't tax assets with tax income. So if the land value just keeps on going up, the asset that is going up, there's no income and from that land, so you won't pay any tax on an asset. You only pay tax if you have If maybe a farmer comes to that land and it's paying you rent, then you're making income from the land. But if you're not in Nigerian i e. You are in Nigerian born, but you're an American passport holder and you don't stay in Nigeria for one three days, then for tax proposality Nigerian tax payers to give you the full answer, fantastic, You're welcome. That's okaypho o Hiphoe YouTube guys, you can that's the chatter answer. Yes, go ahead.
Speaker 10: Well as to only define what we mean by in home, grant, scholarship, give family and prince.
Speaker 4: I not listen to people.
Speaker 1: What it's not income, they're very nagle. If you have a gift, it's not income. If you have a grant, it's not income. Income, it's anything that is. I don't have to defining income. They did instead of what income was they didn't define it, so salary bitcoin interest did it? Then? Both those are all income. That's how they They just say what income is they in definan say income is this? So does answering? You're good? Yeah, so we give this gift is a very very funny thing, right. I would say this. If your father gives you ten narrative gift, you're fine. But let's say your father is giving you ten on or one on her every month as a gift. You're frown on that because that can be a gift. You can't have perpetual gifts in eternity and quality gift? What is a gift one time? Huge can be two times, but not every time. So use your intuition. I say, is this a gift? If I'm paying my girlfriend salah and my quality gifts, They'll say it's not a gift. It's income to her. So I'm giving her every month. I can't give her a guitar every month? What is this? Lottery is also income? I think sports winnings there's something are not taxable. Lottery is taxable? Yes, just to be clear that. All right, thank you, So let's get the Big George. The Big George. I read the UK.
Speaker 11: Okay, yeah, I'm fine, I'm fine.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 9: Also about really you guys now for example, jobs and all because you.
Speaker 12: Know it tax like they collected into the amount of percentage.
Speaker 13: You know it's not paying tax on buyers or mom by beats and other pat platforms.
Speaker 3: Then start paying Islamic on tax again.
Speaker 1: So let's just because it was like, I'll just big jobs, big joy see what I don't use technical words and computer the tax man. It's a very simple thing, right, the activity you are doing. Are you any income from it? That's that's a simple question. If you convert, if you have money in your bitcoin wallet, Let's say you have ten bit coin in your bitcoin wallet. Will you pay tax on that ten bitcoin?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Because an asset, right, What if you sell one? If you sell one, will you pay income on that? Yes, because you have sold it and you have received income. What if you get air drop, is it income? Yes, because that's an asset that you're going to sell tomorrow. So it's an asset you've got income. Yes, you pay income, remember your income when you sell. If you receive it, it's just income. If you sell capital against may apply if it's above that fifty right, So they just sort of cover all those two poles. Really, yeah, makes sense, makes sense, big joys. Very good. Sorry, Oh my lord, okay, all right, fantastic, let me get those again. We know you're welcome, sir, We know w n ossage at Guy Baden, we know. So you're ready to speak now a fantastic Let's get why m D, why m D esquire y m D. How are you doing? Man, I'm going yes, I am. Thank you so much for asking.
Speaker 4: Okay, I have a few questions for clarification purposes.
Speaker 14: So you spoke about like some ways you can get because of as like a limited to your income.
Speaker 4: So if you have that, if you get a million eire, you.
Speaker 14: Could put two million and two hundred thousand ERA as a gay life insurance and then you pay taxes within the eight hundred thousand.
Speaker 4: So I also ask, if you get that one.
Speaker 13: Millionaire and you use two hundred thousand to pay and so buy into your mutual phones, do you used to have to pay for the one millionaire that's bracket or eight hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: That's a good, good question. So let me just explain again, right, if you earn eight hundred thousand IRA by default in the law, that's eight hundred thousand is not taxable income. Your first eight hundred thousand is not taxable income. So let's say you end one million IRA, or let's say end one point eight million MIRA, and you get paid one point eight million, and you take eight hundred thousand error, and you say, I'm going to survive with eight hundred K for the whole year. And you take your one million and you take and you go buy a mutual fund and approved sex mutual fund. Then your tax income is zero because you've both taken that income put the mutual fund. Right, So the income you make from that mutual fund, it's not taxable. The eight hundred k is tax free. The one million that extra you paid income tax on that right for the first year. But when you invest that money into your mutual fund, the money you get on the mutual fund is tax free. So the first year you get the money right and not above eight hundred k, you pay tax. But if you take that one million you buy a mutual fund, the next year when they pay you, the income is tax exam. Does that make sense what I'm saying, Yeah, So eight hundred KA is automatic. Anything you add tax on it. But when we say a above the line, you can reduce your taxable income for above the line items. When you buy a mutual phone, it's not above the line. It just means the revenue you're getting back it's not taxable, but you pay tax on that income you're using you to buy the mutual phone. Hope that makes sense? Yes?
Speaker 4: For this International investments from international investments like if if you invest in stomach.
Speaker 1: I don't think it counts for international, but it counts for registered sex Collective Investment scheme. So because it's Nigeria, it don't count for international, but it will count on that is SEC registered scheme. Does that makes sense? Yeah? That make that makes sense.
Speaker 4: For this. Exports businesses.
Speaker 3: If you if you maybe you want to.
Speaker 4: Go into processing and the equipment is used for processing.
Speaker 12: Are not available with and you and you worts the equipment, will it still be an export for business?
Speaker 1: Export A great question. I think when you import for agriculture is tax exempt as well. I believe so. I could be wrong, but I think when you import tractors you don't pay tax on it. I have to check that. I think that is covered under import of agricultural products. You don't pay tax on that. Yeah. So again, remember if you if you do agriculture right, for the first five years, you don't pay tax. So let's say you wants to export corn and you are important in corn machine, in the first five years, you won't pay tax. So that's going to be covered generally under that. Yeah, makes sense, fantastic. Thanks appreciate tanks for colling. Yeah, okay, young, let's y young yang p particlarly you are good even thank you. So I have a question.
Speaker 3: Now we bat coined binance.
Speaker 1: Try you.
Speaker 15: Sometimes you have money in binance and when you redeew, your retrain at the negative, so.
Speaker 3: Your ten thousand becomes four thousands in the end.
Speaker 15: So I hope you did that. Guys should tax you for god? Now, in other places, I know what her posis.
Speaker 4: They have.
Speaker 15: Bitcoin words that the tire gouldy. So if you trade, for example, I trade one key. Once I'm redreined, the task gar ready knows if I'm being profit or not, so he takes his money.
Speaker 1: Good point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's from there. So that's like I know what coin is.
Speaker 1: All of them great, all of them. So that was one called tax loss harvesting. All firms in the US, do it so a loss you don't pay you can use those losses to write off your taxes. Ye, yes, but I think in Nigeria's case it is restricted. You can only use passive income to write off passive income. So for instance, if you have active income which is your salary, then you you make bitcoin loss, you can't use that passive income to write off active income. I believe you can have to you also use that loss to only write off profits in your bitcoin wallet. I think I can have to be to show this, but I think that's what law is say. You can't use it in your total tax to reduce your total taxes. You can only use passive income to reduce passive income. And my head coming in US and answer, but I think that's the that's the the law. Yeah, you.
Speaker 15: Three days or one into sixties three three, okay, you're not okay, You're not going to be taxed for example.
Speaker 1: That's not That's not what I said. So what I'm saying that if you go back what I'm trying to say, this is a Nigerian tax law. Nigerian tax law. So the question is that who is going to be taxed, is going to be in Nigerian. So who is in Nigerian in Nigerian according to the taxman, his song that spent one into three days in Nigeria minimum, or has a permanent from in Nigeria or has a significant presence in Nigeria. Or if you don't live in Nigeria at all, but you're not going to be taxed in Canada, then you'll also be taxed as in Nigerian. Does that make sense that you're saying you can come to Nigeria with US passport, make one billion and say I'm an American and run back to America. That's what I'm trying to avoid.
Speaker 3: Okay, So.
Speaker 4: So how we'll go. I just don't know how to be.
Speaker 1: I can't tell you this. If you're in Nigeria for one of those days, then count the days. That's what I was saying, count the days, of course, Okay for me, I'm not saying Nigeria for those days.
Speaker 3: So well, I know I get money from the Nigeria that he's my country, So will I be that since.
Speaker 1: No, because you're not in Nigerian. So if your business in Nigeria is making taxes, the business will pay company in come tax. But you as an individual is not paying personal income tax because you are not residents in Nigeria. That's residents does not mean company residency.
Speaker 4: You have.
Speaker 1: You have four flats in Nigeria right, those four flats are owned by Patrick Company. Patrick company pays Patrick dividends. What they are saying that Patrick Company will pay company in contactless Nigeria, but the divia that goes to Patrick, it's not taxes because Patrick is not in Nigeria. According to how to define in you, you've not spent today and night. You are you have a permanent to me night. You remember you might have a home, but not your permanent home. That's what.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: You're welcome. Hey, I sell land, so sub me to hide.
Speaker 3: I'm doing very well, good, good even guys.
Speaker 4: So I have two questions and the very first one is.
Speaker 3: A situationally scenario, way someone who was in debt to you refund a fund of debt. How does that how? How was the implication of attack on that? Ay fund of death?
Speaker 15: That's probably a cruel time and maybe you've made lots yourself understand So how does that appear?
Speaker 3: So that's the first question I have.
Speaker 1: Can I answer first? Yes, that's my brother's income or that's income. Because you know why, when the person owed you and did not pay, you can write off that bad debt as an expense and reduce your taxes. So let's say you lend moneyto somebody. They person not not pay you back that bad debt, you can write it off as an expense and be So let's say you've written out that loan as an expense, and then the person now became born again and came back and paid you. Those those that what he was going you that income to your fresh income to you which you not have to pay tax on. All right, So ask your seld question. All right.
Speaker 16: So the second question has to do with the mode of any For example, scenario where income maybe a foreign accounts before then moved to local accounts.
Speaker 17: How does that imply remote workers, freelancers who residing Untia bonds you know, m hm, the income.
Speaker 1: Doesn't hit Yeah, they won't tho, those are the people were targeting. If you work in Nigeria, you work in the Alta state, you work for Amazon. Amazon is paying you money to your American bank account. What Nigeria is saying is that if you receive dividend, interest, rent, royalty. They didn't say salary, dividend, interest, rent, royalty from outside Nigeria and you bring it into Nigeria true approved channels. That money you're bringing to Nigeria is tax exempt. That's what Nagera is saying. So that means that because they didn't say salary, I won't imply salary, but I think I'm sure if you bring your salary, then my not tie. I don't want to say what's not the act, but they're basically saying dividend, interest, rent and royalty derived outside Nigeria and brought into Nigeria is not taxable. That's what they're saying. Maybe maybe you can ask for authentification and say does that include salary or doesn't. Many person has to take his salary and then buy a bond and then take the bond in comeback Nigeria. But that's what the lawyer is saying. I don't want to imply outside with the lays saying mm hmm.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: That's interesting from that. So thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Yes sir that you had a second question real quick, I asked two questions. Fantastic, thank you, so I appreciate you, Masis Massift. You guys have what's yes? Your answer?
Speaker 8: All right, very much for holding space meaningful that I'm communities, but I'm just serious.
Speaker 3: I just want to ask because it's something that is something that improves I do.
Speaker 4: I am a.
Speaker 18: Forestry that and we all know how how mistidy business is. I make losses, I make wing so and I'm thinking it's so unfair that when I make losses, ideally losses, you mind that you cover my losses.
Speaker 1: Then you talk to me. It's not making sense to me, And I just want to act like, oh, what do you mean? If you're trading, you have a trading problem. You have a trading book. So okay, if you make a profit, you pay tax. If you make a loss, you don't pay tax. They're not taxing you daily, they're taxing your annually. So what they expect you to maintain a book of accounts daily or whatever that will show every day you made a loss of profits, you're going to pay tax on the net net the losses, less the positives. That's your profit isn't.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, it makes sense, makes sense, makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fantastic, bonafide, butterified. I don't bona fide, bona fide is not. Let's get mister ian and the man of this.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: You go ahead, all right, So I.
Speaker 3: Wanted to ask them.
Speaker 4: What to asked the question what effect to this?
Speaker 17: And right, particularly on price will not complete price and services.
Speaker 4: And my second question is.
Speaker 3: Be better for us to trans that money to loch in transacting on the ended up transacting and move our major money.
Speaker 4: Then, fans watching from back on the blockchain, we still.
Speaker 1: Still can you buy? Can you buy my mar pull to the blockchain? Yeah? So while you're asking the question, because you can't buy mappo to blockchain. So when I's on blockchain, you have to pay grunted with Nayralan not doing here on my blockchain. That's number one, so it's not practical to move to a blockchain. Number two. I don't know the relationship between inflation and taxes. I actually don't know if anything. You're just sing your taxes allow you to spend more, which is what the economy needs. So there's no dilations. She has an economic topic on its own, which you have to go into. But at least I've answered the other question, right, all right, all right, let's get chair Michael. Thanks when if.
Speaker 4: You're going into a commission from your salary.
Speaker 1: If your okay boss base okay, yeah, yeah, it'll be taxed. Now it's income.
Speaker 4: Your salary, and that's the commission from you.
Speaker 12: Know, do.
Speaker 1: Taxes if yes, it will be taxed. If you if you if your company gives you a car to use to do trade, it will be taxed. Your company gives you a house to live in while you're doing trade, it will be taxed. If your company gives your bonus that your salary, it will be taxed. Box. Thank you so much, mamie. Right, yeah, let's get bred. Are your in date? Dot E T H. What's up?
Speaker 3: So my question is I said on eschange, so I use assets to take a loan on esage.
Speaker 17: Now we draw this.
Speaker 11: This liquidity back to money engineer comes, Am I going to be back because I say I've been going to pay back? Do I use it assets on the or maybe on there for whatsoever? I'm talking of turtle now to take a loan?
Speaker 3: So am I going to be tapped on the money?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: Did you could live withdraw?
Speaker 4: You know? Eschage back?
Speaker 1: I get a question is is it for a company or an individual individual? So there's no way you can you can file that transaction you just said now on your tax return. There's no way you can go on your touch re term. For an individual, it's not like interest income reversal. There's nothing like that there. You see what I'm saying. For a business, there's something called you did you take a loan? Did you pay interest? Okay, file it here, But for an individual, nothing like that there. So even if you are correct that yes, you're supposed to get a tax break on taking the loan, it doesn't show up on your tax. For the personal what shows up is your interest you pay for a house prime residents, but there's no interest payable on the loan. You see what I'm saying. So advice is, if you're doing that as a as a thing, set up a company and then do it on the company because then when you take that income, it's income to the company. Correct, But then you can write off the interest on the loan you've taken on the expensive side, so you just paid the net taxes on the net of that displacement from the loan.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 19: My last question is that for this new year, now the we're going into SEW, it means that by March six, we are mentally concern all the January they are looking that they will like, Okay, this is a new GM and we're starting it afresh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so by twenty twenty seven, that's where I'm gonna pay taxes twenty twenty seven. You are gonna pay taxes on the Transactional Accord in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 11: So my question is that so it mays that everything that happened till the Zebra twenty five they are not looking into that apparently until they are starting afresh from and lit that happened between twenty twenty six to Zebra twenty six, We're starting to pick tax by twenty and seven, by March, that is correct. Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: That's my Questmas.
Speaker 1: You welcome. Let's get a cheez warrior Warrior princess Hi do okay, thank you so much. Hold hold on, hold on, hold on, Brabody else speaking rivers, hold up, work is go ahead? Worried? Yeah, okay, thank you.
Speaker 20: So I just to clarify this passive income and strategy. It talks about profits of in respects of goods and services exported from Nigeria.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, So I'm an online educator. Some of my clients are overseas and some of Nigeria.
Speaker 20: So the clients that I that considers as an export and.
Speaker 1: Is that there for exempt Yeah, it says. Let me read what they say so we can learn together. It says dividend, dividend received. It comes here in respect of goods and services exported from Ninetieria. If you teach folks abroad, that's an export, so you have to justify that. So I would I would be very careful in how I draft my invoices so it shows that that person I am building is bringing money from abroad. So either paying you either paying you, Oh learn do it magitive. I can't give you money. I wouldn't take it. I would. I would rather pay me that through pay power or to my account in America because it has to come in throue an official channel. So they can't pay you from abroad into your nighte. You know how I'll pay you niger You can't accept that because you can't use that asset. Yeah, that's what you have to be clear about here.
Speaker 20: Yes, okay, and so that is therefore I can exclude that from a tax conversations.
Speaker 1: If you got money, yes, if you got money from a client, because it says in respect of goods or services, services exported from Nigeria and repatriated through official channel. That what it says. So if they buy you your training program from Canada and they pay you by sending money to throu why are your money the why you went to Nigeria said that's an official year, then that forms that dividendsyid what you're saying all so well, they were on all the profits of a non oil and company in respect of you are in the right path. It's just measure the money s paid to you from the abroad. Correct. Yeah, thank you, very welcome, Thank you having I was I was speaking what's man, what's my what's man? Wow? Thanks for opening here.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 21: I just want to make a clarification of this. Actually, I think listen to what said, it'll be different. I am true assays. I'm a YouTube so.
Speaker 3: I'm through assays and I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just I don't need any just generous like what news what what?
Speaker 1: What they're saying is that if you receive money from abroad and you bring the money to Nigeria true official channel, then it's fine. You don't be That's what I say, So measure the money is coming from a sense. Why what's your true, true official channel. That's fine, that's what That's what I'm really saying.
Speaker 12: Yeah, uh huh okay okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, question because that's.
Speaker 4: Question.
Speaker 1: Okay sell my tempt answer. All right, let's get let's get cann it. Can I dig do?
Speaker 2: Can?
Speaker 1: I thank you very much? What's up? I can hear you, sir?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 22: My question is because over the days I will see people send different type of That is the first that if you if I won by.
Speaker 4: Company like that and that and.
Speaker 3: Now is the advice.
Speaker 1: So when you start, are you.
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 1: So are you doing business?
Speaker 4: Living? So?
Speaker 1: Are you doing business? Yes? So are you doing business?
Speaker 3: Actually?
Speaker 1: But are you doing are you engaged in the business?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: What do you mean? Non? So let me just give you. I don't know what you want. I don't know what you want to say. If you are engaged in any business that you're going to get income, you should open up a business account because it allows you to doctor to dedoct the expenses that you have used to generate that business. It makes no sense business right under your company name on that your personal name, because you cannot deduct expenses under your personal name that are not those pension, life insurance, and you can't dedoct generating money or for your personal name, but you can dedoct generator money for your business. So once you are doing business, it's advisable you have a business registration and then a buildest account so you can track it. And yeah, I know it's more expensive. You can't do an enterprises name. You will still pay taxes on your personal name, then pay the company. You can also clue those expenses even enterprises you can see use that, but it's also going to be on the personal side. So look at it this way. If you want the expenses, you've got the rest of the company. If you say you are fine, I don't need the expense guard back then operators, your personal they are both legal. It's not illegal to do it. It's just that you won't get those expenses.
Speaker 4: As a promotional services.
Speaker 1: The Yeah, but if you're a lawyer and the rest I'm professional people don't have the same. If you're a lawyer, you can't clean those things that we clean. You can't go and clean pension. That's a law firm. They have their own specificing that they can't do, but a role. If you're doing business not professional business, then of course you have to step in second yep, all right, rivers hiding rivers.
Speaker 4: Also, I believe there everyone, thank you for this concis, thank you for this space.
Speaker 12: Okay, I have business and counts understand by business, and I'm also open the business.
Speaker 3: Account because when I out also you.
Speaker 4: Know myself, I also have.
Speaker 3: First accounts with different brands.
Speaker 1: What I was doing is if I get mone if I do my business with my business.
Speaker 23: Accounts, are we able to fight for out of that all this isle with companies?
Speaker 4: But then what happens if I end to other things, maybe as sues of income, and I end through other means I donnely come through my personal accounts?
Speaker 3: Will I be taxes from commerlys of.
Speaker 4: In other means of income?
Speaker 3: You know, income that comes through.
Speaker 4: My personal account part from the business accounts.
Speaker 18: Since I also, since a business owner is practically dividien guess from this company, how are we going to starting balance?
Speaker 1: So I'm not sure you're going to ask the question to make it sound to support what you're doing. It's a simple thing. Any income you make a be taxed. Any income you make up it taxed. You don't have deductions that you can avoid those. I'm giving the deductions. The space is called how to legally avoid tax. I've given us how to avoid them. On the personal side, pensions, nhis life insurance, interest on a mortgage, you avoid them.
Speaker 3: Do that.
Speaker 1: Rents up to five hundred twenty rents. That how you avoid personal On the business side, if it's expense to create the income for the business, you can exempt. We talked about also, if you any money from abroad you bring it to a channels, you don't pay tax. If you buy creative bestness schemes, you don't pay tax. If you export, you don't pay tax. Those are the things you have to walk around. So when you start to ask the question I'm doing this, I'm doing that, you are twistings into a press. Al right, try to follow what they've acted to do. If you have a business account, then you are going to pay tax on income that come to an account. We don't tax transferst to your account. If you receive income come to your bank account, it doesn't mean it's going to be taxed. It simply means it is income. That income. So it doesn't miss it, just miss the transfer. The problem is that the taxman sees that transfer. I will not ask itself. How can you get transfer of a million naira? But you say you're only making any tax of one, so it makes them to ask questions. It doesn't mean every transfer is business. So I would have sent money to your mother in courte right and it came through your account, it's not a business transaction. Or there was a legal settlement and it came through your account. Maybe you had an injury legal segment. That's just not taxable. But you've got to keep records and try to avoid I have to account I'm going to pay to here if it's a business account only business transactions, personal account only personal transactions. Yeah, try to keep it that way, sir.
Speaker 4: In other of us, I'll pay times for my body out of my own personal acts.
Speaker 1: If you make personal. If you make personal, you are not your company. So if you own your company, you are not your company. The income your company receives pays company in compact when your company pays you is salary. You pay income on that income, and your company has paid to you, your company will deduct the salary. Thats paid to you. So let's say someone gives me a check and I did that check to my own company. My company will pay corporate income tax or that check just business income. Well, my company pays be the owner is salary. My company will deduct my salary from the business as sign to myself, I am not my company. I simply own it. So there are two separate people. Because you own it to hundred percent, doesn't make it your.
Speaker 4: Double double taxation.
Speaker 1: No, it's not able tax. It's and the company you listening. It's a deduction. Is a deduction. If you own a reverse company and your name is mister reverse, the check was given to reverse company, so reverse company will pay income tax on the reverse income tax. Reverse company in contact. Reverse company then write you a check to pay you his salary. Reverse will doctor what they are paying to you as salary from their income. So reverse company will reduce their taxes by paying you a salary. When you get that income, you would then go and pay to the government's income tax for revenue you see it from reverse company. There's no double tax session what revers paid the deduct what you end you also pay tax on. Eventually somebody want paid tax you can't avoid it. The only way you can avoid that tax is to do what I does too. Just do okay.
Speaker 4: So, in summary, my company was fired from guys.
Speaker 1: Income perfect. I'm not sure if you'll listen to what I'm saying. It's not a double taxation. You are only paying one tax. Many Nigerians do business with their personal name. If you do this your personal name, you're going to just pay personal income tax. If you do this your company name. Your company receives that check. You can go to that company and say, okay, my company, give me a tex So that company will give that check as income. Your company will write off that payent you as a cost of doing business, So your company will not pay a tax anymore. Who will pay attack you because you have collected the money. So it's not a double taxation. You are simply shaping who the ultimate tax payer would be. That's all you're doing. All right, that's the one that's that's got I've got.
Speaker 3: The last question that run. I'm back again.
Speaker 1: You just want to ask one very technical question in your ampordance. I want to ask if my company was separate from me lose money?
Speaker 24: Is it piple if comment to loan some load an individual. Yes, okay, if that is possible. You area said that if the loan is not paid back, that could be written as a banda right.
Speaker 1: Yes, So if you're a company and if money, if.
Speaker 8: I'm the the look from my company, do I pay tax on the loan receive?
Speaker 1: No, you pay tax on the interest you are paying, but the loan is is not income to you, right.
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's fine that that looks to me.
Speaker 1: That's just so people don't get confused. If you do that, the tax is gonna come up your ass because I don't know. You cannot take a company and take all the money off your own company. That's what it's called the same party transactions. It's not it's not it's not at arms. Let You cannot buy your own house at one NIRA and say oh the house is what one and I won't pay tax and they won't agree with that. So keep that in mind. When you do a transaction, it must be it must not be personal or it must not be tainted by your own personal When you borrow my from your company, it's not ambslent. So in America they are very very clear the IRESs would impute interest and charge on that transaction. If you if you give if you sell the house to your son and you give that house to your sons below market price, i als will charge you at the market price and ask your son to pay that has taxes to them. To be very careful about trying to do these transactions. You can't they're not You can't deceive them by saying, well, I'm going to borrow money. Just be careful because you're asking me yes or no, I'm swing, but I'm telling you be careful. They look at this transaction if it's not if it's a if it's a same party transaction, some rules coming to play there. You can't borrow money or say a house is what one nira, then buy it for one mira and then pay taxes on one one house? What's a billion? It doesn't. Yes, sir, I'm opening a had been what we'll been the who the all right? Okay, Mike, Gangs of London, Gangs of I can hear you go ahead, Yeah, thank you very much for me.
Speaker 12: And I just have one question and let's as you really live abroad and then you have account maybe saying or your father, you rightly send months to your father to buy your property. What becomes of that account in Angela? I mean, who would like my own kids.
Speaker 1: Or my father will be taxed again? Set up again, Just understand where you're going to start on the talk.
Speaker 12: I regularly buy properties in an I sent the money to because he is my father.
Speaker 4: Normally mixed people chased.
Speaker 12: So I'm asking who the tax man and see the cash flow in my accounts as a tax leble income.
Speaker 1: You're jumping. So you're jumping. So who is buying the property? Whose name is by the property? Who you are?
Speaker 7: Is?
Speaker 12: My is in my name, but it doesn't go from my account in Nigelia account.
Speaker 4: He goes off from my father's account.
Speaker 1: So your fathers buy the who has the type of the of the property?
Speaker 4: Me?
Speaker 1: So okay, so you have the company and then you have a third party giving you money to buy the property.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, that's okay.
Speaker 1: So now I'm saying as you mean you you are, you're living.
Speaker 12: Abroad again and you you want to buy the property in Angelia.
Speaker 4: You don't.
Speaker 12: Let's just assume you don't have NA. You don't it through someone's soon's is your father's account?
Speaker 4: If you say the letting me and then if your father buys that property in your name. Okay, So the TAXI.
Speaker 3: The cash your father's account as.
Speaker 4: A tax level income.
Speaker 1: No, but it's not I hear. It's not income right, it's just a transfer. It's not income. So the money came in to buy something, it's not income. Your father making income from it. It was used to buy property. So when your father is fighting taxes, your father's gonna say I made income of ten I raby. The tax would say way, so we saw TEXTIVI DOT come to your account, they will sell come and explain this. He said, all that money was for someone to buy property. It's not it's not I don't recommend it. That's what I'm saying. Have your own transactional account. But you will pay taxing because you can explain what it is for. When you send them one of my America you put to buy house in Nigeria. That's what you put on the wire. What you got to Nigerian bank that to buy money Nager would be stored in the bags wire instruction. Your father will also say this money is to buy a house in Niger. That's why you have to memorize your transfers. So in your father fight. If your father does those file taxes, the tax man can see, okay, you got testy million, come and pay tax on testy million. But when you file taxes you say I got a tax of ten era. Okay, But there's when they print you because in America again the print was called the ten ninety nine. That would show the interest you have on your bank account. If they do that, they can tell that, okay, this money war. Was you end that interest on that or you did not. But the point I'm making is as long as your father file's income with the correct narration, if the money is not going to got the title of the property is not his right, the title is not his, then then why would he pay tax on that? But I don't encourage you to do that. You can open up your own account buy directly. Why are you doing to their account? Do does the company have money to have an account? Pair to the company that is that has the property, because they the owner of the property, has to pay tax. The owner that you are buying the property from is a person that don't pay the tax. The president is receiving income. If you don't have an owner, of course they wouldn't. They would impay it to you. Yeah, So that's Lember answer YouTube. Real quick clarify if this tax is on income or turnover the losses? Turn over the losses? What is said for business jeezh over it says toll over the intimation income. They said turnover. I don't know what tournament means, but they said turn over not income turn over. What about remote workers? Can they to export their services and since they are paying in effect, do they need to pay tax on this income? You know, we just talked about it is that age and we said the lord of Laci income. The law says if you get dividends, rental royalties, that that's where you are going to pay at tax. So we're assuming that you have to take that income end abroad and then converted to passive income and when that passive becom comes back to Nigeria, then you don't pay tax on it. That's what we're assumed because a lord of Nazi salary, he says rent royalties, dibidends. So just just the answer going to what is written in the law. Then along Nigeria says income on exports are tax exempt, but it's exporting talent inclusive. Yes, if you export talent because there's royalties there. It's also tax exclusive. How do individual consultants how culate their expenses before carpeting the income the same way? Take an Excel sheet, Put your income, put your expenses. The net is what you're going to be taxed on. If you're about to do it, hire a consult and go to university. All those nd students that do accounting. Ask for the best students. Bring him and say, do my account to me. It's a small business. He can do it for you before launch pay him money. The students you will love me. So don't try to do your taxes by yourself if you don't know how to do it. All right, you've got the floor.
Speaker 3: Okay, thanks a lot. I just want to be if you contribute to some of the questions I've had, I am.
Speaker 1: Fantastic. So so I have my own question.
Speaker 3: You cannot on the loans if I am taking your financial statements and you told me that this is a loan. The fact going to ask you for is the agreement.
Speaker 25: If you do not have a contract, you if you do have a contract, as for stan To says, on that contract, so you cannot just wake up until the taxman that oh, look, I give myself twenty million alone.
Speaker 4: If you did that the contract with sputies.
Speaker 3: Payment on that, I'm not allowing it at all.
Speaker 13: On taxes, somebody said, so government's way to look away on a twenty twenty five taxes. No, there is a law that's currently running and you will have to abide by that law and pa taxes based on that law.
Speaker 4: Twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: New law is forty year twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: So he's asking so to be cless. So he's saying that this new law will start from twenty twenty six. That means that they will not use this new law for twenty five income. That's what he's asking.
Speaker 4: Yes, twenty transactions that's appoint in.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty five, this new law would.
Speaker 1: Not apply to it.
Speaker 4: Nobody's dis discarding that's happen five.
Speaker 25: You say have to pay that, Okay, Then look like I said, if there's this contract and there's no static events, it's not in.
Speaker 1: Lone fantastic fantastic open. What about this issue of if I am moaning abroad the lord wasn't saying about sabody saying royalties, dividends rand is this the music of salary? If by statary back is that tax exemplein it has to be the dividends and all that.
Speaker 13: The mother understanding is if you end any wages, any income, let's say wages, what the know is saying is which.
Speaker 3: Is higher the.
Speaker 13: You pay there, that's the way you say there, But the one you'll pay in nineteer whichever is higher is what Nigeria.
Speaker 4: Going to take.
Speaker 3: Is the one you're paying there is lower than what is a playable in Ninetia they do different. You sill have to pick pick that payments in Nigia.
Speaker 1: But it's larry inclusive. So yes, whatever salary is, that's the more on solid side. This this thing doesn't apply. This passive income that says dividends, it's not going to be applicable on that. There's dividends, there's interest, there's rents, there's royalties derived outside Nigeria, so not salaries has to be dividends inflancement. That's it full stop, all right, But I don't go anywere from maniple, just stay right there, don't go anyway. Many people have questions for you. Michael Hi, Michael Casley, Hi.
Speaker 12: Good evening, Carolyn, thank you so much for this platform. I've been enjoying.
Speaker 1: Thank you welcome.
Speaker 4: So I have two questions very quickly. First one, I listened to your.
Speaker 12: The explanation on exports, so exporting products and services.
Speaker 26: So in my case, I run an IT firm and I think all my clients are abroad. You know, I don't really have plans in Nigeria. So I'm a web developer and I render those services. Now, I received payments here, but I have a corporate account I used to receive payments.
Speaker 4: So what I want to know is when they pay me from there.
Speaker 12: Because they get directly to the corporate nin accounts. They use either lam Fight or World Remits and stuff, so they use it to make the transfer directly to.
Speaker 3: The corporate account.
Speaker 12: So what I'm asking is am I going to be taxed on this? Or I need to go and open don't Celaria pounds you.
Speaker 1: I don't know if perfectly because Lydia asked this question before she was saying she sells goods abroad, and so I was saying that they will not tax you based on what I'm reading saying non oil exports goods and services exported from Nigeria and repatrated through official channels that means that the channel has got to be official. So if length FI is official, you are fine. What did they do is to go and clarify that the length file is an official channel, because Yeah, the point again is that if they pay you locally, that's where I think you're going to run a file. If they say, oh, we have an iraq a count and I we're going to pay you an ira account to your ira account, that's where I think you might run a file. The government wants remittances. That's what I give you this tax back. So if they're just paying you from Nigeria, it's not a remittance broad they don't there's no dollar moving. So that's why I think they will not give you that tax bace I was saying. But one clarifying that the left file, whether I'm using this a approved channel, and then number two, make sure it's not coming locally. They can't pay you. They can't pay you naira from the assort. They will said you do their to their bank and a bank will pay you, but they can't pay you from givet That's what I will say. So that's fantastic.
Speaker 4: So the second question is about my farm. I have a farm. And I just registered this year, and I also have a corporate account on it.
Speaker 1: But I think I heard that.
Speaker 12: I was at the office and they said as long as I'm not going into branding, that if I brand, if I process and brand, then i'll tax.
Speaker 4: If I'm not branding and I'm just processing a role and selling like that, that won't be taxed.
Speaker 26: So I'm not trying to ask if I use the please, I'm just asking this question just for clarifications, so I'm not trying to do the tax evasion. So if I use the agriculture account, you know, mostly for transactions.
Speaker 4: In order to avoid tax, is that illegal or.
Speaker 1: Is this allowed? I just want to so then, so first of all, Michael, there's not like an agricultural account, right. They don't care what you target. I think what they care is is this receiving in flow. Remember inflow is not income. In flow just allows them to see what kind of transactions you are doing. So look at I organized here. If we say, wow, you have an account that living a millionaier every month, Okay, you can't come tomorrow and say that the total path from that account will be like one k. They want to know more. It doesn't mean, because you get a million, you pay that to a million, But they want to do more because one million to one k is very wide margin. So they don't care why I call it a Greek or not a Greek, It's just it's an inflo right. It isn't an insight into what you're doing. Let's not go to do a Greek settle. If it's a brand new firm, five years, no tax, end of story. It's a fund that is now in existence, even if you branded. Even if you branded, you can you can expense away the expenses on that farm. You can expense it away, even if it's brand. I think what they are talking about is V eighty. You can correct me V eighty because V eighty on raw a Greek is tax exempt. So if I have corn, I don't pay V eighty on corn. But if I have corn and I play in that con meaning to cans corning hands in this market, so matter would charge deviating on that corn have packaged and labeled. I think that's what they're going to. But as a role as yeah, yes, that's so that's where they're going to. It's not really if if you brand, if you make profit, expect the profit off. If you buy a generator, expect it all. If you brand your corn as a man of Michael Corn, that's fine, expensive, but if you take the raw corn, the it is exempt. But that raw corn you're not going to package you putting you can't put one nice picture there? Then yeah, exactly that's what I think, don't.
Speaker 3: It don't matter what you do with your agricultural accounts. I can save any transactions.
Speaker 13: The time I left, we have asked if you can into any company and provides you every single transaction that has through that account, and who's not.
Speaker 1: I'm laughing my evil laugh because so I'm not telling people this right, mister tigle has was the person that was defending the private sector. He was giving the privacy to loophole on how to avoid tax. So it's very very it would be hard for you to bring so that hasn't seen before. So I prefer you. That's why I'm doing this space. I want you to have the legal ways to avoid tax. So many all that just nonsense that I want to open no you know, to find you out, and they're going to basically, so this is better for you. Want to stand with the law works and try to work with it. So YouTube, guys, I'm so sorry. We have a storm. I think it's affecting the quality of the of the internet. What I'm going to try to do, I'm going to try to re record this, this whole presentation and put it again on YouTube. But I think it's breaking off if you of the storm and two tight staying strong, but the getting the heroes on it. So try to yeah, yeah, correct, sorry that by thanks, that's.
Speaker 4: The question quick quick, sorry, then leave me incorporate back.
Speaker 1: Again fifty fifty. I had ask you.
Speaker 3: First, then another STUDI did you also change from the authority?
Speaker 1: If not your yeah? Over please guys, to fire, wouldn't go to fire. That's how you avoided NASA. Let's go ahead NASA. That's oh sorry, I'm so sorry, OK, bye, sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 27: It's this question about Nigerian resident and anyfferent income. So I know you've been showed if you concentrate your and then I think when the last person that's the question and you said the country.
Speaker 3: So in my own keys, my company is directly for my service.
Speaker 1: Where's your company or little?
Speaker 27: The company or my clients are broad exactly for my service to my nagerer and the mysterio account. How does the new tax frem or effects.
Speaker 1: That's they're looking for if that means that income is Again, it does not say salary. It says it says service exported. Yeah, so that means you are exporting a service. So but again profits, I think you are covered. Back me up here. It's the saying profits of any normal company in respect of good or service exported from Nigeria and repatris So profits are also covered. It doesn't have to be a salary. That means a guy, you have to do a company and that company you build them. Then when you they said it went to your dorma account, it's profit to you, then you're covered. That's what I would say, sir, okay, because.
Speaker 4: I actually send that invoice and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, try to do a company. Why it's profits. So just like you are in line with the Act because it's saying profits of a non Nigerian company not individual. You see, the language is saying the profits of a non oil Nigerian company in respect of the goods and is exported from Nigeria and repatriated. So you have to be a company not an individual.
Speaker 21: Okay, then should so in that I have my company and depicts to the company.
Speaker 4: It's now movement for my personal of caple stuff.
Speaker 1: That's fine. No, no, that's fine. So look at it this way. Right, the money has come into this tax exempt is good. You can do whatever I wanted. You're fine, you follow. Yeah, but it has to be a company, not individual company. Okay, it's an individual Yes, that's what he's saying here. So I'm trying to follow the language explicitly on the law. The law is saying the profits of a non oil Nigerian company. So a comproper company b brother simple gone from a company, right, Cave's going to prop the company. Yeah, they're welcome, Montero. Hiye, thanks so much. What farewell, sir?
Speaker 22: This is asked questions better than this vat Yeah, so with my companion because I.
Speaker 1: What my company does this, I.
Speaker 3: Do recycling plastic recycling, Okay, so I.
Speaker 2: Pay people.
Speaker 4: With plastic from and before that and I.
Speaker 22: Would like to don't pay it into people that are buying the process plastic from.
Speaker 1: So what they're saying now, sir, is that if if you pay the V eight is the people are buying plastic from, you can write back that VID to your to your account, so that imput, that is deductible. That's what they're saying. Now, So if you pay input V eighty you can deduct it. That's what they're saying.
Speaker 3: Okay, so can I can?
Speaker 1: I decided on to no if they ask you to pay, pay but then have your records and writes it back, write it back to your your income.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you don't say, let me give you let me give you a word of word of courture. Right, there's so way in the act that says that you cannot charge an expense as a deductible if that expenses not pay import duty or V eighty. What I'll advice you as a business V eighty is the law if it is supposed to be collected. I would say, charge your charge people. If the folks that are giving you business, imput, do not charge your V eight okay, they didn't charge your V eighty. What can you do about it? But for you keep your deity records. That's what the law is saying. Okay, yeah, yeah, matter, real quest.
Speaker 22: Because soon if if I pay myself, I want to know the better option, because.
Speaker 3: I thought I don't know much about all this time.
Speaker 4: Just because I'm putting in.
Speaker 22: So I had that there is company in contact and best in contact. So if I'm paying myself for my company, will I be paying tax on that?
Speaker 1: Say?
Speaker 3: I'm not going to be paid tax on my company?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, Let me just try to explain again, just real quick for you. Right, if your company makes one million ira, your company has made one million error. Your company is going to pay tax. Stay with me, let me, let me mute you. You have lots of background. If your company receives one million ERA, your company is going to pay tax on one million ERA. Fine. Now, let's say your company pays you his salary of nine hundred thousand naira. What will happen? Your company will write off that nine hundred thousand as an expense to the company, So your company will only pay tax on one hundred thousand nira. You that received income of nine hundred thousand, You will now pay personal income tax on that nine hundred thousand. Does that make you understand what I just expensive? Authors?
Speaker 4: Where?
Speaker 1: Yes? All right? Perfect, excellent, All right, let's go to another NAZA. Go ahead, good evening, Thank you so much for this opportunity. I would like to ask three questions and I'll try.
Speaker 14: I'll make it quick. First, I do music, and I also earn realities and also currently do not recite in Nigeria.
Speaker 3: I spend less than.
Speaker 14: Ninety days in Nigeria and the music is reproduced in Nigeria. I come back home to my recording and then I go back and I spend more than nineteen days. Then basically I get paid royalities and dis realities to go back into my dorm account in Nigeria. Do I get taxed for it? Secondly, if I am reportrating funds.
Speaker 1: That's the first one. So you end the income in Nigeria.
Speaker 5: No, No, no, I it's w's it's a worldwide My royality is my.
Speaker 4: But what what what?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: What about Nigeria now? Not worldwide? So do you any income from Nigeria?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: So that they don't pay tax in Nigeria.
Speaker 4: Yes, I don't pay.
Speaker 1: So end the story right.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well these funds.
Speaker 14: I reportrayed them basically back to my thomb accounts in Nigeria.
Speaker 1: Okay, I get taxed. No, it's a transfer, it's not income. Okay.
Speaker 4: Then secondly, I also work here.
Speaker 1: But why I am You're moving away very quickly? What's the more doing in your dumb account.
Speaker 14: Just savings is the savings, So who spends it? Sometimes I send it to family or as I wish.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 28: Then secondly, this one is my own income from my job and all that, and I send it back home. Because we said if you send money from abroad dividends, interest, rent, royalties, this is not a business.
Speaker 1: They don't type what what we're not clarified. Its salaries, part of dividends, interest, rent and royalty. That's what we don't know. So I, for instance, you took your salary in America, and what is set. We got deposit in America and the city paid you an income stream and you send that income to Nigeria. They don't get tax on it. But that's it. Dividends, interest, rents or royalties. There is their salary. The way they talk about profit is on if you are exporting goods and services, but in this case, you are we are remitting. Okay.
Speaker 6: Lastly, because this is also as regards sending money to because I'm considering my parents, they are aged tending one to them to their accounts directly?
Speaker 3: Do they get taxed for it?
Speaker 1: If you send less than internet toal to them, they don't get taxed as a whole if they're injured. Retied. Also, do not pay tax on retirement income. So if you are sending upkeep allowance retirement income, how old are your parents? Aren't more than seventy?
Speaker 14: How old are they My parents are not more than seventy they're both retired.
Speaker 1: So the O parents should file a tax and said got money as up keep from their son, so they would fire that they receive that money, but they're not gonna pay tax. But that money is not they're not it's not income to them. They have to still file it, but as they received it. But you know it's only kay they're exempt and all that. So these are great areas that the Act is not very very clear on because it's like in an in the India abroad, if you're setting it, you do not gonna pay taxes. I don't think you have it. In Nigeria, they just stopped at the income of eight under a key. I'm sure there will a minute as we go along, but at a certain age they shouldn't be paying taxes. I know, if they received a pension, they don't pay tax. But if someone received money from his son abroad ten million era a month from his son a broad he paid tax. The tax law is not very very clear on that. That's what I'm saying. I'm trying to just stay on the ministry of the tax laws. It's not very very clear. You don't pay tax on not pay.
Speaker 4: Tax on that. Yeah, that's the that's the area most because thousand on us.
Speaker 1: And then you know, I would narrat it properly, nited properly as as a welfare payments income welfare to my family or medical expence my family because it's medical as well. You know, up keep allow once food, food, medical, up allance your parents sending to them. So let that narration be there. Yeah, that's what I'll say. Yeah, thank you, all right, thanks so much, shug shugg, Yes.
Speaker 29: I kind of thanks so much. A couple of my questions have been answered. But I do have an LLC export software services.
Speaker 4: The only incomes.
Speaker 29: Upon me to be covered that trans explicively from this expert.
Speaker 4: When I'm filing, do and I move all of the.
Speaker 29: Out as well, just's in and out two transactions just like that. If I'm filing, add do I say that there's no profit or how does it look like to say.
Speaker 1: That you are to file out in you will pay tax your codor to file income income is in. There's income, but there's no taxable income because the law is saying that any profit of any non Nagerian oil company, that's if you're not in oil, you're not in a non oil service and you export goods or services and you bring the money back to official change, that income is not taxable. So you file I received income, was your taxable income zero? Because that income are come to law is exempt. That's what you file. You still fire, boy, you won't pay tax on that income. So make sure you file and then capture it with your proof and say, yeah, this one was I sent pay money to I exported this service to this, they paid me this. I'm not paying tax on this this. You have to file, yes, every you have to file. Correct. Yeah, if you don't file, then they're going to tax you on that income because you haven't told that income is not exempt. You started the arresma was here right, yeah all right, perfect? Yeah, sorry about this real quick? God go ahead?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, Then when.
Speaker 29: You when it comes to that corporate account, he also moves to let's see an investment.
Speaker 4: Company account for investments that dimension.
Speaker 1: So you see in America they have on it called basis. If money has come in, it already has a basis. In Nigeria, it's not really that we don't have basis. So the one that you've brought in has come to Nigeria. You it's now tax free. If you take that money and invest, it should also be taxing because taxes have already been quote unquote paid on that income. You see, so it should when you buy assets usually shouldn't pay any tax anymore because that income is going from taxics. So what I wur advice to do is to keep proper records to say when I bought this trane of investment, this money came from this income. I aim from exporting goods as services. Show them the paper trill, Show the paper trill. I exported a million era water services to America. I got paid error. I use this woman on to write a contract note to a stop working firm. So like everything is now tax free because that income has already been taxed. Where do you feelish If you don't have paperwork to justify this this transaction, then they will say no, no, no, no no, I read this money came from your income in yeah bah blah blah blah blah. But if you have the paper, trill fantastic. So I would create just like you said, any transactional name it. Just name it so you can see they can see where the true is coming from. If you do investments outside this American type, then do it on a separate css you see see what I'm saying. So if I do I sell exported goods, I use it when I buy stocks, but I also buy stocks from my Nigerian income, I will separate both CSCs. I will just separate them, not to avoid waha, so I'll turn the f arrest. This cs CS is for me when I do the Igerian things or my number of stuff I buy here. Remember that CI schemes are also tax exams. So if you buy met your fund, if you buy an Etsy, also tax exams. So the way you want to lock this thing that if you want to lock it down companies to say export bring the money back, then use that money and buy e coactive scheme. Then you've flocked off any taxes whatsoever. You only pay a tax now, or you only expose this to potential taxes if you buy an individual or if you buy that and go ta cevents singularly, then they might ask you a question. But if you have people to say I bought this from the money I used to I used to export to America, then of course you're homebrid Thank for showing your high. Let's get a quay. Were about to run down quay designer, que designer. We'll have to run down mostly. Hey, hi doing.
Speaker 4: Yeah it's cute.
Speaker 1: Actually I apologize.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So quick quick question. I just want to ask Steve. Inheritances get that?
Speaker 1: So they don't. They don't. They don't.
Speaker 4: So like if your.
Speaker 5: Parents, your pension from your person gets into your you don't.
Speaker 1: A life insurance. Inheritance gives a non taxable correct, thank you very welcome. You got you just get you you cant you go, Corey, I don't. I'm very well for asking.
Speaker 4: Okay, so I have a few questions.
Speaker 3: Looking at.
Speaker 4: Do coming to now I have for this apparents Now, if you have that you talked.
Speaker 1: About gift, you are giving a nation.
Speaker 30: So each again that you move lived in like you said, at a particularity, as if you're giving the machine as gift.
Speaker 4: Didn't need to file and be taxed.
Speaker 1: All income has got to be filed all every what are you earn income? You don't earn income, you have to file. You fiance, say I got the little income. If your sole give you money, you filance. Say I got a gift from my son. You're not going to pay tax? Files on me. You pay tax, but finding me that you are reporting, you also that list and I got this income and letting you know it's not taxable. So they have to still file. Yeah, they won't pay tax, but they have to file.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: So so now you you work for.
Speaker 3: A fame, you work with the company, and now you have a car.
Speaker 30: Loon which they dedut out of before you know meeting or pay your worthy it could have to pay you.
Speaker 4: Now this is between you and the company.
Speaker 3: How should the face of this benner in terms of the tax and.
Speaker 31: As well, if you have let's say an LLC, whether you're using that your loan, your loan car or the car that is.
Speaker 3: On loan to work, can you make the doctrine of the acis.
Speaker 1: You do on that cartoon as a business for an individual as a business, yes, you can do.
Speaker 4: Now in the face of the company.
Speaker 30: Now that is where you work with and the cargo is to be deducted before your payment.
Speaker 4: Well, let's say for instance, your total.
Speaker 3: Paid it's to fifty and you pay only a.
Speaker 12: Loan of fifty thousand, are your cacode now becomes two hundreds, So.
Speaker 1: It's your past now calculated.
Speaker 4: Or only two hundred on.
Speaker 1: The two fifty. So for a car loan you have the it doesn't matter, it doesn't matter what you call it. There is no The only loan that they're giving you repriven is the mortgage loan. That's for the individual. They only reprieve you get on the individual side is the mortgage loan. That's all they're giving you repriven on that benefiting kind are income benefits and kind are income to the company gives you a house and your carey to live in. Right, that's also taxable to you as income to you. So only so the only thing there is going to be mortgaged. If you, if you, if you, if you are paying interest on a mortgage, you can claim that every other loan is not plavable.
Speaker 3: So so what now when you use that car now to work for a company, you.
Speaker 1: But I asked you, I asked you individual or company? You set company? But the guys. But the guys over for your question. Yeah, the company will write it off as a cost of doing business. So the company goes and gets car higher and it's pain leads or whatever payment. The company can write off that leads a great lease payment as cost of doing business. The company can. The individual cannot.
Speaker 4: In a case where you want that company, do you own a car?
Speaker 3: Who you are using it to do the company, So you're asking.
Speaker 1: A question, you get a different answer. The company can, the individual cannot. Mm hmmm, all right, the company can. There are two different people that, don't you general ask the question? Maybe no, no, no. If you own a car and you are paying interest as an individual, you can't write it off. The company can own a car and write it off i e. The interest payment the mortgage of the company can, but not the individual. It's particular.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying it's not a company now that owns this car. Let's say this company like this is a different entity vehicle.
Speaker 1: Yes, the individual cannot write off any loan apart from mortgage interests. It's a simple full stop any other I get it.
Speaker 32: So when I'm just probably get what I'm trying to say, I'm saying, now this company owns he doesn't own this car, but this individual owns. So if the person uses this car now to do the business for this company's not writing it.
Speaker 3: Can the company right off that expense that is car?
Speaker 1: How can a company write up an experts owned by a personal by a person by a person? What's the connection? Again, you're trying to ask the question to get an answer that you like. What is the content between the company and the personal owned car? What's the connection? None? So if you the company owns the car, yes, if the individual owns the car, no, you can't change the answer by asking you get to go. I hear you. You're not gonna get different answer. I didn't write the facts flow, So let's move on. Are you are you good? Sorry about that? The profess are incredible? How incredible?
Speaker 3: So I'm I need to please wants to get psational charges content?
Speaker 1: Simple charge? Simple?
Speaker 3: So I mean I had you speak about patras on an investments.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so you will to pate money as as an individual into your into your accounts.
Speaker 33: Yes, you're not paying yes when you invest I'm invested in the company like that, and then I need the plan you're paying that from that No.
Speaker 1: So what just that's very clear. If you are an individual and you are repatrating money that comes from dividend, interest, rent or royalty, then you don't pay tax on that. They did not mention salary. So if you work for a Facebook in America, the salary from Facebook, they didn't mention it. They're saying, if you take your salary from Facebook and you buy US Treasury bills, and US Treasury bills pay you an interest that interest, you bring it to Nigeria, you don't pay tax on it. But for a business, if a business exports and gets income, and it's true official challenges also not paid packs on it. So two differentiations. Individual dividends, rent, royalties and interest. For company, it can be anything as long as it comes through your approved channels.
Speaker 34: Yeah, again does talk plenty because it is batter with something that rand somewhere. So as well as an individual working abroad and me in salary and you're being taxed about and not, then your tax broad on that salary.
Speaker 33: So you're saying, but that's salary to anglia naa can when probably this too countries already that's treaty. Another double position.
Speaker 1: You're asking two different questions. You're asking the first question. You didn't mention double taxation. If I'm a double treated, then the treaty would suffice. It's not the pack the tax law, right, that would be. That's a different thing. If you're country has an agreement with France that stays. If you work in France you don't pay tax, then you will pay tax at the end of story. But the law is saying giveing them interest, rent and royalty. You didn't mention salary, so specializes included. But it didn't mention. I don't say mentions. That's the.
Speaker 3: Double special.
Speaker 1: If I patras that money university, that's point. When you repurchase one, then you have I already paid tax on it. So it's fine if only paid tax and you're not going to avoid the tax. Double tax just simply means that if you pay tax in Canada, you've paid tax in Nigeria and that's all it is. So if only pay the tax. So if no, there's no problem with that. What they are what they are saying. What they are saying, if you bring in interest in come from America, it is tax free, that's what they're saying. But if double touched on reason Philip paid tax abroad. All right, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you to find that question.
Speaker 33: So I, as an individual, I don't live in Nigeria, but re purtraces money to my accountments for savilis or whatever or a familion kids, do I ask.
Speaker 1: To file No. The way they define in Nigerian, it's very simple. You can be in Niger. First of all, all your income. If you are in Nigerian resident not citizens residents, any income you make world wide is taxable. I repeat, if you are in Nigerian residence, any income you make world wide is taxable. Let me give you an example. Joshua just fought on Saturday, right, and just for on Saturday. Jeshua is in Niger and a UK person. Let's say he's in Nigerian. Does he spend one than three days in Nigeria? No, so the money he ended in Saudi Arabia will not be taxed in Nigeria. But let's say until Joshua spent two hundred days in Nigeria last into Internet six. If he goes to fights in Saudi Arabia, the income he makes in Saudi, the fourteen million dollars he paid in Saudi, he will pay tax on that income to Nigeria because he has spent twenty days in Nigeria or less. Say until Joshua does all spend a day in Nigeria but maintains his permanent home in Nigeria, he will pay tax in Nigeria. Let's say he doesn't spend today in Nigeria, does not behome in Nigeria, but has huge investment in Nigeria, has a huge family in Nigeria. He also paid tax in Nigeria. Let's say until Joshua ends money in Saudi Arabia and that income will not be taxed in UK. Niger were taxing. So the residency is clarifying. If you are in a resident, they don't care about your citizenship. They care about your residency. If you live in Niger for more than one three days, that makes you a resident. And if you're a resident, you don't pay personal income tax to the Nigerian tax authority. Makes sense, Yeah, clear, just I just need to be clear.
Speaker 33: So as a non residents citizens live in that broad living with the country where there's a double taxes on treaty. Yeah, you only be purchased the way home and the end of the year you don't have to file because they're not.
Speaker 1: Supposed to be tax right, correct, you're not filed because you're not supposed to pay tax whever are giving the money to. If you're giving an individual that you don't have to file. If you are buying shares that company will be told we'll do we're told in tax receipts on that your investment. Yes, but you that's doing the remittance, you should be fine if you qualify it doesn't have qualifications. Happen here? Yeah, thank you, Yeah, welcome man. Yeah, let's get while here. We got to go guys our while ben, how long do we have? Hardstop is going to be about twenty minutes? And had stop is not ready? Yes, let's get Kingsley Kingsley eBay h So please no one signing most of all that, imagine. So I want to know if you are supposed to pay on the profits? Yes, now, if it's profit, you pay tax on the profit now as a simple one. Now, Oh, I tried to ask that because you made the property the loan, you shouldn't pay tax. No, you you you pay nets. You pay profit on net net income only if you're a company, if you're buying shares in your personal name. And it is not a collective investment skin they're gonna pay tax, right, that's a simple one. Yeah, all right, good investment for you. I will lay ub. Are you ready to speak our married Let's get to bury to bury to bury money business. That's question for the sake of its familiar.
Speaker 4: So my rest is that I'm going the business.
Speaker 1: So what Syle believes are the same thing is a legal leads you that will.
Speaker 3: Not make me to avoid the tasks as a see you because.
Speaker 4: Number the business of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, better way with maybe when I have the very beginning we clarify those things that you have to do, and they're very very easy to to find online. They about five of them. And number one, you have to pay pension. Contribute to your pensioning from act your retirement servis accounts contribute there. And number two if you pay for if you pay for life insurance for yourself and your spouse, that's number two. Number three n H I S and NH larger housing fund mortgage interest. Of course it's also the doctor from your your paycheck, from your taxes, and of course rents. Rent is capped at five thousand, twenty percent or whatever you're rented. So this is all if you just google what a tax exempt.
Speaker 3: To give it to you.
Speaker 1: We're just trying to add more color to distance. And like I said, the only thing that to me that allows you more, should we say flexibility is the pension side, the additional due contributions, because there you can do much much more. You can do more and you can withdraw more after five years. So our advice that you go back and into the recording or you go on and I got put this in there give you just much more. Yeah, thank you much welcome. Let's let me get gentlemen.
Speaker 3: Is is.
Speaker 1: This or itch is on? It is a right? It is on that all right? It isn't Red's get if fram if fram or her rousic that's the kay different. Look look how are you doing now?
Speaker 3: Verment? No, my question is I have to press.
Speaker 17: I'm an ecologist and like fils, I don't have my little spiture.
Speaker 3: I I get fish it because I have a special like there.
Speaker 4: And pay money into my accounts.
Speaker 3: I have those fitures that I use, so I pick your spiritual, I pay my gendors and pay everybody after your transaction.
Speaker 1: Please, how can I not be this this boxt do you have a are you are you paying individual or do you have a business that is on the business.
Speaker 17: You know, I don't.
Speaker 3: I want to consent to my personal account.
Speaker 1: Okay, now, so you number one thing you have to do tomorrow is set up a business for this activity that you're doing. Why because all the all the petrol you used to go from a supposed to the hospital. You can't write it off if you have a business. So you have to set up a business tomorrow to do this state activity so that all your income comes to your business and all your expenses also go to your business. That's going to be your The easiest thing to do. The rest, of course, is going to be this year getting your open up. Have a passion account. I haven't a passion account, brother, pasion account, life insurance all that I walk with.
Speaker 3: On the other time, I have my pensionary. Another wrest of them.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 4: There I walked up to.
Speaker 3: And I told them that I want to.
Speaker 4: Start from making.
Speaker 3: Extract on top of my pension and the WEF I'm doing.
Speaker 1: Don't don't know what they're talking about. So go to new PFA. You can make as you know that think you can make up to one head of your income in addition to your account, so you can do an additional voluntary contribution. Advice you do that because it to remove your it to reduce your taxable income above the line. With mean that as a doctor, you should be paying a lot of taxes. But when you do additional voluntary contribution, you are bringing your tax income lower, not just expenses you have bringing your income lower. So you're definitely about to do additional country contributionionalized think you should do that. So I was saying in terms of order, go rest of the company tomorrow, go to your PFE. They tell you the same thing. Go to a new PFA, do additional country contributions. Then think about how you can also in your business capture all the expenses to reduce your taxes. That's all you should do, sir.
Speaker 4: So my second question now is.
Speaker 1: He's left Now.
Speaker 3: I want to know exactly peculiarity I ended absolute popularity.
Speaker 23: So transitation that goes to the hospital to an hospital because acting.
Speaker 17: Now and you have six straight.
Speaker 3: Head care and such a service.
Speaker 1: Doesn't it doesn't want it doesn't matter for you because if you're not the hospital and yes, so if.
Speaker 23: Because I because the easiest for me to do is to set up an hospital.
Speaker 4: You see pay tax, so okay, the hospital sleep pays tax.
Speaker 1: Everybody pays.
Speaker 35: I have friends and friends who own hospitals and they say that they don't they don't.
Speaker 1: Pay tax like the tax that I just to pay for the.
Speaker 5: Start the personal little comptext of the staff there.
Speaker 17: But government to look away from me because the younglement reads.
Speaker 3: Headcres that.
Speaker 1: That's false. Especially going forward. Everybody has to pay income tact. Everybody's gonna pay in contact. So that's false. If you if you when you pay, when you pay salaries, the hospital would reduce it taxes. Then the staff that received his salary have got to go and file personal income taxes. Yes, sir, all right, you gotta let you go. You're very welcome.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 1: Let's get my senior father to mar h mar berle Inge. Sir. How are you doing today? I'm doing a nice speaking with same here air. How can I be a sister sir? How can I help today?
Speaker 4: Okay? The question I want to ask, let me be I registered. My accompany is two thousand and ten bits. To be candid, I've not paid tax before.
Speaker 5: So my question now you advice I continue with this compaign because I don't want to have issue with taxman, or I really say start all over again and start.
Speaker 1: It's a difficult question because I'm not the f I R S right. What I would say is that if you start to pay your real taxes from to internec, I think it will be fine. I think it will be fine. You know, they give the tax, they give it a tax what's it called tax holiday or tax when they give you like amnesty, even tax amnesty a few years ago. Maybe should have taken advantage of that. But I suspect in my hat that if you start from to entiney six I start to pay your real tax will be fine. I can't I can of course guarantee that, but I will say start if you think it's bad instead of a new company, doesn't cost you more money. But I suspected just start off on your own, they would accept that from you. So that's why I suspect.
Speaker 36: Yeah, okay, guys, I want to because you know THEO and that's.
Speaker 1: Why we're doing this. That's why I'm trying to give a lot of mention because we can't say we we we know it's not a strategy. You have to say no, what is in the law, then that say this is what I can I can used to get around the law. That's what I'm saying. So we try to do this to help people that want to pay taxes. Exactly. Okay, fantastic, You're very welcome, Thanks so much. All right, so let's get yeah, let's get smart pro peace, smart pro printers, smart pro.
Speaker 4: You doing so, thank you for this opportunity and thinking to unite about this as.
Speaker 1: My question is not normal to question?
Speaker 4: First is.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you have already explained, because I actually can relate before you've already started.
Speaker 3: Life before I joined.
Speaker 5: So I want to ask if I received a dividend from.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 1: I both.
Speaker 5: Concrete on the.
Speaker 1: It has got to be the very mute you. It's got to be a collective investment scheme to avoid taxes personal income taxes. So if you if you buy from a collective investment scheme, right then those are exams collect investment scheme. If you just buy normal, you're gonna pay tax on that. So yeah, the law is saying I can rid your exact law. It's saying you have to buy from a collect investments or the worm if you just buy the individual stockes income or that dividend be assessors in common and you pay tax on that. Does that make sense? Okay? I think it's gonna start for you. Are you okay with the answer? Do you hear me? All right? I think it's dropped off. All right, let's get Mary and and will you you guys guys have to help me.
Speaker 37: Thank you for the information you're sharing. And I have about three questions.
Speaker 4: He has to do. One with the last person that asked.
Speaker 3: Questions about dividend taxes. I thought that way you buy share.
Speaker 38: Their company and you paid dividend, that they already what is called with holding task that is already doubted automatic from the divid and before it gets to your account.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, it's an exemption. They want to encourage to buy share. So if you buy through a collecting men's scheme, no way to tax.
Speaker 4: But if you buy through a broker when you didn't expect.
Speaker 1: To you, it's not already.
Speaker 3: Withhold before you.
Speaker 1: Yes, but through a collective investment scheme or the collective Okay, So if you buy directly, if you buy the stock individually, you pay tax. If you just buy mutual phone and ETF press, private equity, venture capital, you don't pay okay.
Speaker 37: Okay direct Then my other two versions of the second one is is the station where you invest in Nigeria, where you invest in equipments. For instance, you you spend money in Europe and shift some trucks to Nigeria to operate.
Speaker 1: And I understand that you pay a company tax from.
Speaker 4: The proceeds of those businesses.
Speaker 37: But is there any tax benefits the fact that you invested these equipments, invested in some of money through.
Speaker 1: These equipment that you of course, if you do it as a company, you get to write out all the expenses. If you pay important duty, you write it out. If you pay you write it out. If you have that as an investment, you can also you might you may be able to claim capital loss on that. I'm not just saying so, of course you claim all the expenses because youre is in that truck to do business in Nigeria. Yes, you can claim the expenses. They are taxing your net profit, not your turnover.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 37: So, and then they have a cap for year deductions or is it over five years?
Speaker 1: No, If you make profits, you pay income. That's it. If you make if you make profit, then you pay income.
Speaker 3: Okay, if you make profit then so how do you get the adoptions?
Speaker 1: Then when you when you file your expenses, you put the deductions there. You write it, these are the costs I used to make my profit. You write that out your turnover. Okay, go ahead, your tourno less your expenses is your gross gross, less taxes your net income. That's what they're taxing. They're taxing your gross.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, thank you.
Speaker 37: And the last question is you're running this business. Obviously you have a operationals and maybe rental.
Speaker 3: You get to write those as well.
Speaker 1: Correct. So the language is any any any expense used wholly and exclusively to generate income can be written enough. So if I if I have a school and I go and buy a Lamborghini, I can't write that Lamborghini off because that Lamborghini is not needed by the school. But if I have if I'm the video, I needn't like a Lamborghini to do my home video. So yeah, I can write a Lamborghini. Or it has to be exclusive to the business, not every expense. If you are if you're a farmer, yes, and you are going to a bucher, you rent private jet there they'll ask you why private jets or what's wrong with flying first class or whatever. But if you are a billionaire, you know, and you are writing a private jet, you can say for your security, you want to be flying. You know, it's all has to be holy and exclusive to the production of that income. You just can't good, you can't. You can't be a farmer in a bell cutter. Then go for summer holiday in Greece and right off the holiday in Greece as an expense, no but a waiting concern Greece and a bell cutter. But but if they're holding a conference in Greece on new seeds for cocoa, and you go to agrees to attend that conference for new season cuckoo, then you go to the beach, you swim, you do all that stuff. You can write that conference off as the cost of doing business in makes sense, then a lot towards American as well. That is correct. It's very similar to the American system of self assessment.
Speaker 4: And all that.
Speaker 1: They're going to introduce small things. There's no basis if if an American. If I say it business, no business means there's no business here because it's too complex Nigerians cannot do business with so I think down the line though, introduce business to answer if you mean things, but you can if you know American tax law, you see where they are going to do this. Yeah, very correct, thanks to Let's get also offer the ultimate offer, the ultimate gotta go guys, I gotta go eat. I don't yeah. I can hear you talking about ten minutes. Can hear you? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, thank you. I have to praise the first question is that.
Speaker 10: If someone in salary and then because we already know that before companies praying but already that's from it. And then your income is still above eight hundred key ye are you going to pay first nine contacts from that ending.
Speaker 1: That you a salary? First question salary, yes, yes you pay, Yes, any income above it you paying come personally contacts?
Speaker 3: Okay okay.
Speaker 10: Then my second quest that I in charge of prop on in the office and my finals guy, I've been telling me that from next year if you're bringing the retail from fires.
Speaker 4: So whether you're buying from it, so, I don't really understand what you mean.
Speaker 10: Does you mean that every company that them from generality from FIUs or approve number for the company to the receipt.
Speaker 4: That's the conquiestion.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think it's a recist from fire Rest, but I think that you have to make sure that who you are buying from my advice, this is my advice has a vatable license because if you buy good from someone that is not vatible right and is supposed to pay with that, you cannot claim that good and services as a cost of doing business if it's that an import duties. Let's say you buy a boss the present bringing the boss into my gas supposed to have paid imput duty. Let's say he brought that boss through, but I agree he didn't pay taxes. If you buy that bus, you cannot claim that boss as an expense in your company. That's maybe where he's going to the air. Fire is also asking people to try and get digital that try to digitize your payment, your preferred digitization. So they're also saying that that's maybe that's what you're also saying that make sure that the company is either going to get the digital or is telling towards that side. They don't want cash or paper, they prefer digital. Because going forward, you just come to your company plugging the competency your company and download your transactions. That's what you're going to go to. That's what he's trying to say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Welcome, thank you for I appreciate you your lo lo of your life. Catch them out of your life? Are you?
Speaker 4: I you know, I'm trying to bunch of good people.
Speaker 1: So I listened to.
Speaker 39: Everything that he says. He's anybody any doing talk don't yourself?
Speaker 1: So yes I can.
Speaker 38: He said anybody.
Speaker 1: I said that. I said, anybody. Everybody has got to file, whether you and or you don't. You said you got to fire out.
Speaker 3: Then we talked to the correct about.
Speaker 23: Christian is like you know, I'm talking about most of what the most Irans question. I'm talking about living large their own videos to do this companient U I.
Speaker 35: Normally I'm callings took out a reading down.
Speaker 4: Of course I belonged to that round.
Speaker 1: Uh So I was at this question that yes me, I, for example, lets you have this problem.
Speaker 18: I have a got son of liking a show and the lovely.
Speaker 3: Show where I let's have your one.
Speaker 4: Let's I had like the three problems I'm just think about.
Speaker 23: I'm like three p people is working at spend places you know, doing this uh cash con turn to and.
Speaker 3: During the election time people wished to.
Speaker 22: Open and.
Speaker 1: I gotta gotta get to your question really quick. What's the question?
Speaker 35: So this I got like you are my boys to walk like okay now for them like afully lest to for the month?
Speaker 4: You know that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 35: That the hopey argue that and I listened u uh that I lit be more than will send.
Speaker 4: You the record. But I used to chat there.
Speaker 1: Okay, well you know what's what's the question?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 35: The question is that how can inspire? But because I can't page, that's not accounts, it's not account that age whenever I come to my company the contron called the really show.
Speaker 40: Whenever I consume the JOS is a personal account, so receive your money right to send still to businesses. And I know you want we want to person to really competition. So I got to find past one show.
Speaker 17: You that I let the charge on C I s the g.
Speaker 4: How candid the parts is later too much?
Speaker 1: Also? Yeah, so if if you're a bob, I know we're sending here at every every organize