Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. This was the year when yesterday we were sitting out there before the show and I go, tomorrow is my anniversary and you were like uh oh, and I said, I don't even know what to do. And I look it up. I'm like, what is this anniversary? It's like lace or text tiles. I was like, I don't want a time for lace and textiles this afternoon.
Speaker 2: And so where do I procure lace and textiles? You know? Do I just wrap up a pair of underwear or something? What am I going to do? And so I was a failure. I failed, and I was able to.
Speaker 1: I had gotten my husband his birthdays a couple months off, and I had gotten him a birthday present early just because of Prime Day, so that worked out. I just wrapped that thing up yesterday afternoon, put a bag at eminem on there he likes em and M's, and called it a day.
Speaker 2: And he knew I forgot, Like he knew.
Speaker 1: He knew yesterday that I had forgotten because I said something like, what do you have going on this week?
Speaker 2: I'm like, so, what you have Tuesday?
Speaker 1: He usually goes and sees his dad on Tuesday, and I go, so you're not going to go see him on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: He's like no. I'm like why. He's like, I don't know. It just felt like going Wednesday. And I'm like cool. He tricked me like hell he was assisting. Are you being awful?
Speaker 1: So anyway, this morning I go into the kitchen and he has thoughtful gifts lined up and uh, and I had the unthoughtful gift that I had wrapped.
Speaker 3: Would have been even better if you just left it in the Amazon box, right, He.
Speaker 1: Well, he said, he said, you're you're opening this now. I go, no, let's do it later. He's like no, no, no, no, I'm not giving you an opportunity to go somewhere and buy something this afternoon.
Speaker 2: So it was very thoughtful.
Speaker 1: But then he had this on the counter, which was my real gift. That was from his fantasy draft that he had with his friends yesterday. It is a color coded draft sheet with all of his picks his draft order.
Speaker 2: So which ones are his pick? I don't know his system? Well, his picks are the ones he checked off. Oh got it.
Speaker 1: Okay, but I mean the seriousness with which he took that draft, like that is like love to me, like that, that is like the biggest turn on.
Speaker 3: I think he put three and fifty names on me.
Speaker 1: I know he took that very color coded and everything, and I'm like a little bit. I was like, this is my gift. I needed nothing else but this. But here's just the thing. I mean, don't get married close to football season. I was a concern when I got married. I'm not thinking clearly at this time of year. I'm way too excited. I'm preoccupied. And I remember feeling that way the week of my wedding because the forty nine Ers had a preseason game that was going to happen at five. I was supposed to get married at five. I'm like, do I have it on the in the room or do I have this on? I know it's preseason sound down right right right? That was crazy to have to sound on. But I knew it was going to be a problem back then, thirteen years ago, and it remains a problem. That is, I'm a bad person, and I understand, well, I have anniversary, thank you.
Speaker 3: There is a significant issue that I'm amazed isn't getting more attention. And this is this Mark Zuckerberg letter that he wrote to the House Judiciary Committee. It is an admission that he gave in to pressure from the Biden administration from the government in general, but it happened to be the Biden administration censoring content in twenty twenty one related to COVID and said going forward, we will not bow to pressure. City did not plan to repeat any efforts to fund nonprofits to a state to assist in state election efforts, et cetera, which Republicans were saying, said we're tipping the scale. So he said, fine, I'm not going to give anybody any money when it comes to these state elections efforts. He wrote this letter to Jim Jordan, who is the chair of the House Judiciary Committee. Talks on a bunch of different controversies specifically, but the public stated goal from Facebook was to push millions of people towards the COVID vaccines, and Zuckerberg didn't actually say whether he changed his mind about that goal or whether he felt that the administration had gone too far. Because there were some debates between Facebook or Meta and the White House over the content including and this is where it gets crazy, including humor and satire that the government thought was going to be detrimental to their efforts to have everybody get the code.
Speaker 2: Why did he bow down to this at the time?
Speaker 1: And clearly it's stuck with him because he's it seems he's been.
Speaker 2: Perseverating about this.
Speaker 1: He said that the pressure from the administration was wrong, and I regret that we were not more outspoken about it.
Speaker 3: I just feel like so much of what we knew or how about this, so much of what we didn't know, so much of what we thought we yeah, has proven to be completely wrong or at least questionable. And that was the thing about COVID and that social media accounts was and the pressure from the government was you weren't even allowed to question things, or question sign or question.
Speaker 2: Is this long enough to test a vaccine? Seems really fast? I don't know.
Speaker 3: You couldn't do that. You would be thrown off the social media platforms. The other thing is he said that the FBI came to him him being Facebook, and told him that the Hunter Biden laptop and all those stories about Hunter Biden and Barisma, etc. Were probably Russian disinformation. So what Facebook did was they demoted those stories. They wouldn't promote them, they wouldn't allow them to be shared, et cetera. We saw that on Twitter because they said they were fact checking them at the time. Well, now we know it's obviously real. The laptop was real, all the information on it was real. And he said, we won't do that again in the event that we have a story where we feel we have to fact check it. I don't know who makes that decision. They won't demote it, They'll allow it to go on and if in the event it turns out to be false, they would obviously promote that as well.
Speaker 1: Certificate of Completion it says this certificate has been awarded to Gary Hoffman two ends for completing positive workplace preventing harassment at work.
Speaker 2: I haven't finished yet.
Speaker 3: It took seventeen and a half hours. Again I have that was your as.
Speaker 1: Looks great most pamps. You can't say that I haven't gotten to that part yet. Well when you when you get I'm just kidding, I haven't even looked at my butt. Yeah, thank you, You're welcome. I guess I feel safer now or something.
Speaker 2: A couple of.
Speaker 3: Stories that we are that we are following Today, Special counsel Jack Smith has asked a federal appeals court to revive the criminal case, accusing Trump of retaining classified documents. Smith and his team urged the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals to overturn the ruling by Judge Alien Cannon. She concluded that Smith was unlawfully appointed and didn't have the legal authority to bring the case. She didn't argue the merits of the case. She just said that he was appointed wrong. Oh did you see we have a Koffifi Part two?
Speaker 2: I don't remember what.
Speaker 3: President Trump was tweeting something and he wrote koffifi and it ended like yeah, yeah, got interrupted with something.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Last night he posted on truth Social.
Speaker 3: These are great patriots who work their hearts out to have a strong and powerful border, only to be harassed by borders.
Speaker 2: Ar Kamala Harris, who wants the.
Speaker 3: And then it ended powerful power f U l n n Z powerful.
Speaker 2: Then he deleted it. Do you want the sloth fever update? Sure? A little like monkey pocks. Sloth fever. Yes, a little.
Speaker 1: Known disease in this part of the world called sloth fever is causing concern across the country. The CDC says Florida has reported nine cases in a week. New York has one confirmed case. All the cases are related to international travel, which health experts warn is a troubling sign as people return home from summer vacations.
Speaker 2: Cloth fever can be deadly.
Speaker 1: It's well known in Brazil, Bolivia, Peru, Columbia, and Cuba.
Speaker 2: It's spread by the.
Speaker 1: Our pushe virus and transmits from forest animals like sloths, to rodents, then mosquitoes, and finally to people. Symptoms of sloth fever include fever, sensitivity to light, dizziness, nausea, and vomiting.
Speaker 3: Ta huh huh No diarrhea.
Speaker 2: Usually diarrhea is always there, right, He's mixed in there. It's always a symptom of something, all right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Pavel, Carry and Shannon, there's something weird about this Zuckerbird thing. He's saying he was pressured by the White House. He wasn't pressured by Donald Trump's White House to put forth the disinformation about Hunter's laptop. Right, Biden wasn't president when he was pressured about that, So there's something weird there.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: The letter specifically says, in twenty twenty one, senior officials from the Biden administration pressured the team for months to certain to censor certain COVID nineteen content.
Speaker 2: Different paragraph, same letter.
Speaker 3: He says in a separate situation, the FBI warned us about a potential Russian disinformation operation about the Biden family in Barisma. So yes, it was the FBI under the Trump administration, but he doesn't say that the pressure came from the White House. He says the information came from the FBI at the time.
Speaker 1: Just to clarify, Pavel drov is the elusive founder of Telegram. Telegram is one of those secret apps, right, it's so encryptied.
Speaker 3: I had to double check this because the way I wanted to describe it social media. Sorry, Twitter is a social media platform that allows you to share messages basically with everybody. Telegram is more like WhatsApp. Have you send messages back and forth to someone intentionally or they have to subscribe to your content before they can see it.
Speaker 1: End to end encryption keeps communications between users secure, even from the company's employees. Well, the problem with stuff like this is the sikos are going to use it, right, the child porn proliferators.
Speaker 2: Shall we say, and terrorists and terrorists.
Speaker 3: So what he's being accused of, what Pavel Durev is being accused of, is not putting any sort of controls on the platform itself. And his argument is I'm not the one posting child pornography or terrorist scride screeds or whatever. And the question I guess is where does his responsibility come in. I mean, it's a great fundamental question. I don't know if there's an answer to it in our society as of yet, because social media hasn't existed like I mean, it didn't exist like this when we originally came up with the idea the principle of freedom of speech.
Speaker 1: He is a fascinating cat nicknamed the Russian Zuckerberg. He's boasted of being the biological father of more than one hundred children. He is also in cryptocurrency. They say he has a multi billion dollar fortune and he has gotten into it with authorities in Russia and around the world. Is a shot to fame in Russia in his twenties after founding a different social network catered to the needs of Russian language user's outgunned Facebook throughout Russia.
Speaker 3: Interesting because this is also I mean, obviously he is Russian by birth. He lived in Italy, I think, for most of his life, but is persona non grata in Russia because of the use of telegram by Ukrainian military unit. They use it specifically to communicate with each other and to get information out about what it is that they're doing against the Russians.
Speaker 1: He is not shy of posting messages on his own telegram channel, claiming to lead a solitary life, abstaining from meat, alcohol, even coffee. Always dressed in black. They say he cultivates a resemblance to Keanu Reeves and the Matrix. He said the reason that he's father to more than one hundred children sperm donations in a dozen countries. He described this as a civic duty and an attitude to parenting that is reminiscent of Elon Musk.
Speaker 2: Well, one hundred kids seems like a lot, doesn't Well, Elon Musk basically has one hundred kids.
Speaker 3: No, he's got like six, but he's named them numbers, So yeah, maybe one of his kids is named one hundred. The argument about what a secure messaging platform is and should be is what Pavl drev has kind of made his life about. He talks about Telegram when he developed it, he wanted Telegram to be the most secure messaging platform out there.
Speaker 2: Elon Musk has twelve children. Oh twelve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had six with his first wife, three with his ex girlfriend, and three with his colleague. Colleague, Yeah, Neuralink executive Chavon Zillis.
Speaker 2: He seems like a pretty romantic guy. No, you don't think so, not for me. I don't think he color codes his draft.
Speaker 3: I'm sure he has some fun idiosyncrasies. But Pavel Durov said, if you compromise by putting a back door in these for governments where they can come in and check out, you know, to break the encryption, basically, it would undermine any sort of appeal that the company had to the market, and it would completely undermine their commitment to privacy. He said, you can't make it safe against criminals and open for governments. It's either secure or it's not secure.
Speaker 2: So got some mail? I like that? What kind of mail? It's just a little.
Speaker 1: Note card here? Yeah, it says dear Gary and Shannon. Hello, I really enjoy your show. I could kind of use your help. Oh, I like helping, Yeah people should we get music for this?
Speaker 2: Helping people?
Speaker 5: Music.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, let me see if I can turn it up a lot.
Speaker 1: I could kind of use your help. San Bernardino City Library has suspended all of their system. Excuse me, San Bernardino City Library system. All of their libraries have had no Wi Fi, no Internet, no public computers since October of twenty twenty three. Exclamation point wow, their phone number, and then he gives us the phone number. This is very bad for people and San Bernardino, he writes, who need computers to get a job or deal with healthcare, etc. I wrote Joe Biden. I wrote Joe Biden and a US senator about this. Okay, Sam bernard you know, library people don't seem to care.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 1: So this guy wrote to the President of the United States.
Speaker 2: Didn't get a response, so he wrote to Gary and Shannon. I'm flattered. I am very flattered. Why would they turn off for their WiFi?
Speaker 1: Is it a I don't know, but do you really think it's for healthcare and or to get a job, or if it's for watching the Sexy Times?
Speaker 2: Sometimes they don't allow that on those lines. Oh there's ways around it, really, yep? Do you pobl durov?
Speaker 3: Now just go on telegram Kamala Harris leads Donald Trump by four points in a new poll from Morning Consult. The bad news about that for Democrats is it's exactly the same lead she had before the convention in that same Morning Consult poll, So they said that that four percent lead forty eight percent to forty four percent Harris over Trump didn't move at all despite the convention and her speech last Thursday.
Speaker 1: NFL's roster cut deadline is today. Every team must trim their rosters down from ninety to fifty three players by four.
Speaker 2: Pm Eastern one PM. Our team.
Speaker 1: A lot of teams began making cuts yesterday after the final preseason games were played over the weekend. It's fifty three players, but they get seventeen on their practice squad, so it's really a team of seventy.
Speaker 2: It's seventeen. I thought it would have been bigger than that.
Speaker 3: No, speaking of a holes, did you hear how big an a hole Bradley Whitford is. Remember Bradley Whitford, the actor from West Wing, among other things. You would recognize his face. Go ahead and look him up while I tell you what he did.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 3: He's speaking his mind after Robert F. Kennedy Junior endorsed Donald Trump last week.
Speaker 2: Robert F. Kennedy Junior is.
Speaker 3: Married to Cheryl Hines, who most recently was on Curby Your Enthusiasm.
Speaker 2: She's been on other things too.
Speaker 3: She's not really political in nature and obviously hasn't been very high profile when it comes to her husband's concage.
Speaker 2: He played Josh on the West Wing.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, here's what Bradley Whitford wrote to Cheryl Hines on Twitter over the weekend. Hey, Cheryl Hines, way to stay silent while your lunatic husband throws his support behind the adjudicated rapist who brags about stripping women of their fundamental rights. Gutsy, great example for the kids, profile and courage.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: So why would he go after her because she didn't I don't know, because she didn't divorce Robert F. Kennedy Junior when he endorsed somebody else for president.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: I mean it was a I've never seen somebody fully take off their masks scoo do villain style and prove that they are a complete a hole right there on Twitter too.
Speaker 2: I don't know anything about him as his mos.
Speaker 3: Super politically active, super and and you know other people are idiots.
Speaker 2: He's he kind of rubbed me the wrong way on the West Wing.
Speaker 1: Well, sometimes people's selves show through their roles.
Speaker 3: What's proof is that other things that he's done as well. He's not acting. He's just an a hole. He plays a bad guy like that. That's smarminess.
Speaker 1: Okay, so there is a conspiracy theory about Tim Walls's dog, Scout. Apparently he posted a picture like everybody else in the world for National Dog Day and there was him and Scout.
Speaker 2: Beautiful dog, beautiful dog.
Speaker 1: That the problem is is he posted a picture with another dog recently.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, and it was not Scout.
Speaker 1: So they're saying that he is faking the dog ownership, that he doesn't really have a named Scout, that he's just throwing dogs up there just for popularity points. The trouble is conspiracy theorists, and listen, I love a good conspiracy theory. It's my new thing. But he was at a dog park. He had taken Scout to a dog park, and what do you find. You find out dog parks, find other dogs. How's Peter doing with other dogs?
Speaker 2: He's fine, he loves them. Oh good, he loves Fergus wasn't as big a fan.
Speaker 3: No, no, but Fergus also didn't have littermates sing.
Speaker 2: I see, so that explains a lot Peter, at least the littermates. Yeah.
Speaker 3: In this case, Dustin Grage is a guy who wrote, I guess he's a columnist for town Hall, and he put this up on Twitter and he says, yes, this is Tim Walls tweeting about his dog, Scout. The only problem is that these are two completely different dogs. The second tweet, okay, the first one, like you said, is a celebration of Scout's birthday.
Speaker 2: This big, beautiful black lab.
Speaker 3: The second one of three four months later, says, couldn't think of a better way to spend a beautiful day, a beautiful fall day, fall day, than.
Speaker 2: At the park dog park. Why can't I read?
Speaker 3: I know Scout enjoyed it, but it's a picture of someone else's dog that he's petting. Now, it's easy to prove because the video of his day at the dog park is still available and you can see Scout, the big black lab clearly visible in the field with all of the other dogs at the dog park. It's just that this picture was a fun picture of him face to face with someone else's dog.
Speaker 1: Uh, let me just interg Oh, we're out a time. When we come back, we have time to just talk about sexual harassment and what constitutes it.
Speaker 3: You have no idea how eager I am to hear what you have to say. We've been in the midst, by the way, you and I have been in the midst of taking this state mandated sexual harassment training through the company. We headed on for three and a half hours yesterday and still didn't complete it.
Speaker 2: I didn't finish it until this morning. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Breaking news out of the Mideast, The IDF says they have rescued a hostage that was taken by Hamas last October. Kayid Faran al Kadi is said to be in good health. He's being cared for at a hospital. They just announced this rescue today. There are estimated to be more than one hundred hostages still in Gaza, at least thirty of whom are presumed dead by Israeli authorities.
Speaker 5: Hey, Garyan Channon, Now I'm really confused because I saw a video of JD. Vance on an airplane with his dog, who is a German shepherd, prancing up and down the stairs and walking without a leash, nicely alongside of him. So I don't understand this scout black lab thing. To my knowledge, he has a German shepherd.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, there's the wrong vice presidential candidate. There's one thing that that's the one part.
Speaker 3: The second part is, but you know that much about the vice presidential candidate's dogs.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people know more about the dogs than they do about the people.
Speaker 2: People love dogs more than people. That may be true.
Speaker 6: Oh, garign I was a libraryanver fifteen years and let me tell you about the sexy time in the back with the computers. Of course they're in the back.
Speaker 2: It was bad.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's all I can say. And if somebody complained about it, it's like, well, what.
Speaker 2: You can't do anything about it. I did a story about that.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I won't go any further than that. But boy, it was crazy. So yeah, it happens.
Speaker 1: It does happen. Yeah, it's pretty prevalent. Actually, all right, sexual harassment. This is our company policy. I'm going to read from the policy. Oh are we gonna get in trouble for this?
Speaker 2: I don't care. Well, it's probably a public, publicly available.
Speaker 1: It's also a PSA for people in other workplaces.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 1: So it says, well, sexual harassment may may constant a wide range of conduct. Some examples, well, this is why. Some examples of prohibited conduct include the following. So, like, there was somebody at iHeartMedia, a group of people, there was a meeting, there was a think tank about this where people sat down in a room and we're like, okay, what are some examples of sexual harassment that we can put in the policy. And then you've got like Bob over there, who's lived in his mom's basement for five years, you know, to pale, probably a little sweat, super pasty and clammy. And you've got Bob talking thinking about sex. Right, how uncomfortable is that? Isn't that alone sexual harassment? Being in a room with Bob and talking about yeah, what is sexual harassments?
Speaker 2: Things like hey, would you talk a little slower please?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: We all know that guy.
Speaker 1: All right, Here you go offering employment benefits or preferential treatment in exchange for actual favors, okay, making or threatening reprisals after a negative response to sexual advances okay.
Speaker 2: And then they get specific. This is when Bob really leans in.
Speaker 1: Leering, making sexual gestures, displaying of sexually suggestive objects or pictures. Okay, cartoons, posters, websites, emails, text messages, derogatory comments.
Speaker 2: This is where we get into trouble.
Speaker 1: Derogatory comments, slurs, sexually explicit jokes, comments about an employee's body or dress, suggestive or obscene emails, notes, or invitations. We do that pretty much Monday to Friday.
Speaker 3: Well, the best news is there's still nobody in that room down there. Which room, the big room of whatever salespeople?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, Oh remember when I said that suggestive thing though, and there were people using that workspace.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to narrow that down. Which time when you said that suggestive thing? Here is more specifics that I don't understand. So you're gonna have to explain.
Speaker 2: This to me.
Speaker 1: Intentional physical conduct that is sexual in nature, like touching, assault, pinching, pinching. I'm hung up on assault. How did you go from touching to assault? An assault is not sexual in nature. Assault is against the loss. It's criminal in nature, not sexual in nature. Touching, assault, pinching, grabbing, brushing, against, impeding or blocking movements.
Speaker 3: Okay, Bob, we've got a list of things anything else you want to add to it?
Speaker 2: About pinching? What about brushing against a light brush? Good lord?
Speaker 1: Anyway, I don't know how they came up with, but I felt violated by reading, just by having to read it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you're better you. I didn't actually read it.
Speaker 3: I just clicked the box that says I have completed reading this. I have a sister who is I have two of them, actually, but one of them is very high up in a company. Yeah, and has gone through the whole HR lane to get to where she is, And I get mad at her.
Speaker 2: Every time I have to take one of these things.
Speaker 3: Oh, I send her nasty messages to people like you that make me take stupid training sessions like this.
Speaker 1: Just be happy there are people like her so that you don't have to have this job. Well there is there is that, yes, because I would run my head into a wall within thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 3: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.