Speaker 1: Bill cunning Hammigrant America. Welcomers were wonderful Monday afternoon. The Tri State Reds baseball off today, a little bit of our restite until tomorrow Tuesday, Wednesday business special on Thursday. The Seattle teams in town and the Reds are hotter than a firecracker right now, won five of the last six. They're impregnable, they're unbeatable, and now they have the whole team coming back on Tuesday tomorrows. The life should be a little bit better. But set things up for the American people. There's a sense, based upon conversations and based upon leeks out of Columbus, that the deal is done. Relative to the Browns getting about six hundred and sixty million dollars the Bengals getting about maybe three hundred million. When I had on Denise tree House, the chair of the Commissioner's Hamley County last week, she said it's one third, one third, one third. The state gives one third, the Bengals slash NFL gives one third. The taxpayers in Hamley County give one third, one third, one third, one third. She's cautiously optimistic it's going to pass that one third from the state would be about three hundred million dollars. The whole deal about eight hundred and fifty eight hundred and sixty million. Of course, the price will go up, and when I speak to the leaders in Columbus, I'm not sure that's the case. There is some apprehension as to whether hard work and schleps like Tony Benner should pay sales tax so multi billionaires can have their play pens that Tony can't afford to watch games. So as a consequence, I wanted to have more leadership on and I have calls into Governor Mike DeWine and Speak of the House Matt Huffman twice last week scheduled to come on the show with me, but said let's wait a little bit longer. I won't say he canceled. What he wanted to do was wait about a week or two. So I kind of want to get the insight on what's happening at Columbus with the Bengals from Representative Adam Byrd, who's the Assistant Majority Floor Leader, is one of the four leaders of the House of Representatives. He's at the table when discussions are had about dividing up by the monies and then also I might add the Carl Linder would like a chunk of dough also for some developments next to TQL Stadium. In fact, deer Park High School could use some state money. I talked to the athletic director at deer Park High School, and since the state's handing in all this money, how about give him a couple million dollars at deer Park High School for the new polo field. But in the meantime, Representative Adam Bird of New Richmond more or less, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, Representative, you're at the table. You're the assistant Majority four leader in the House. And there was reporting last week that the House had approved something in the range of six hundred and sixty million dollars or so in bonds to be paid over thirty years to give to Jimmy Haslam, the owner of the Browns, to move the Cleveland team from northern to Cauyhoker County to southern Cauyhoker County as part of a multi billion dollar development. So can you generally speak to the issue whether the lawmakers in Columbus are willing to give the Browns to Bengals, TQL Stadium, Carl Linder, and Deer Park High School. Lots of money. What do you say about that?
Speaker 2: Hey, No, it's great to be with you today. A lot in there. You know, personally, I'm in favor of money for dear Park High School and whatever they need there to keep the Wildcats in option. But you know, as far as the deal that the Ohio House approved last week that was six hundred million dollars in bonds.
Speaker 3: But but but.
Speaker 2: Remember this bill that that this is a deal where the state is going to make money or be held even And and this this deal for for moving the Browns to Brook Park, that the state's part of that is only one six of a project that is three point six billion in scope. And so the has On family, the locals, they're putting off a lot of money here. And so this is a completely different story. In my mind, I'm just one person, but this is this is completely different because the state is going to be held harmless in that and may even make money. And also don't forget that for the state's section of this part of this, the has Long family sw up fifty million dollars as collateral that will grow in an escrow over the next thirty years, whose value. Its value could be around two hundred million dollars in the next thirty years. So the State of Ohio is holding on to a lot of collateral here. We're only putting up one sixth of the project, and there's no general revenue fund being put into this bill, no general revenue fund being put into this project. And I say that at the same time that we've given over one hundred million dollars to the State Fair. We've already given money to TQL Stadium, We've already given money to the Columbus Crew. We've already given money to the ATP ten Tennis Center in Mason, We've given money to Intel, We've given money to Andrew, and we give to projects.
Speaker 4: All over the state of Ohio bill.
Speaker 2: So there's a lot of investment that the State of Ohio has made and will continue to make because we want Ohio to be a destination state. We want this to be a place that retains our citizens and people want to come here and it's a great place to grow pay.
Speaker 1: So on the Hanslom deal with the Browns, it passed I think by one vote. And when there's some more or less vacant land in southern Cayhoga County that produces little or no money presently. And so from the state's perspective, they look at this undeveloped land in southern Cuyhoga County and they can say, Okay, you're we're going to put up one sixth of the money you're going to put up. And when all this happens in the next two to three four years, the sales tax from this brand new development that doesn't exist presently would be of such a character that the state's going to actually make money. In addition to that, the states held harmless because of this fifty million in escrow that's going to grow over the next thirty years, maybe the two or three hundred million dollars, in which case the state's going to lose no money. Is that different than the Bengals deal?
Speaker 2: Way different?
Speaker 4: Bill?
Speaker 2: And remember when you put a dome stadium, and you know the Indianapolis Colts and this dome stadium over there that they have been and gobbling up all of the big things that come to Midwestern United States. And it's time for Ohio to get in this game. And so when this happens, if it happens, and we bring the Super Bowl to Ohio, we bring the NFL Draft to Ohio, when you have Monster truck pulls and Taylor Swift concerts and and so we're not talking about an investment for the Cleveland Browns. We're talking about an investment that that's not just ten games a year. We're talking about fifty to sixty major events throughout the year. And so this is going to present such tax benefit to the state of Ohio that that we'll make money on this deal. And again, Bill, your reader, your listeners need to know that this is not costing the general revenue one dime, Okay, not one dime, And this is all bond money that we are going to make back and perhaps double what the cost is over the next you know, a couple of decades with the kinds of events that we're going to attract.
Speaker 4: You, Ohio.
Speaker 1: So right now, there's no deal for the Bengals as we sit here this Monday afternoon, there's no long document that says, okay, the Bengals are great to day, the county agrees, everything's negotiated, it's done. All we need is one third from the state. Am I correct in making.
Speaker 2: That statement, You are absolutely correct. There is no deal done.
Speaker 3: And let me tell you something here, Bill, I'm.
Speaker 2: Just one guy, okay, but I'm not in favor of a deal for the Bengals until we get a couple of conditions in place. Number one, the least with Hamilton County, and my mind and my way of thinking needs to be renegotiated because this is among the NFL's worst for taxpayers in all of America. The Bengals retain all the stadium revenue, all the concessions, all the parking, all the merchandise, They the least that they have mandates, capital improvements, all of the game day expenses are paid by Hamilton County. And guess what, Bill, they named the pay Course Stadium and they're making money off of that when they don't even own the stadium, okay, And so all of the while, the Cincinnati Bengals valuation has grown from like five hundred million back in the nineties to four to five billion dollars today. And I don't think that's a fair deal at all for them to have every everything leveraged against Hamilton County. So why would the state participate in a deal that is so unfavorable the taxpayers, and many consider the worst in the NFL. That's number one. Number two, if we can get this renegotiated so it's not so poor for the taxpayers. Number two, Cincinnati Bengals present a deal to the state where the state can make money or at least be held even, and you make those two Again, I'm just one person, though, but those two conditions I think are reasonable for the state of Ohire.
Speaker 1: And in the Browns case, this is a thirty year bond. This as I understand the deal, the money from the state needs to come up real soon because they want to redo pay Course stadium and they need the money now to make it look better. Unlike the Browns deal, this deal is we need two hundred and fifty three hundred million dollars now. And the Governor, Mike DeWine. I have a call in him to come on either Tuesday or Wednesday, But Governor Mike Dwine has said that this is a low priority. Have you in your meetings with Matt Huffman, the Speaker, and with Mike DeWine, have they expressed concerns about using public money middle class sales tax money to benefit billionaires when it doesn't look as if there's going to be a return other than Joe Burrow winning the Super Bowl, which would be a great I'm all in favor of the Bengals State. I think even though you live in New Richmond, I think you want the Bengals to stay. But in my correcting, state of the money to Cleveland is paid in such a way the state will actually make money. The money here must be given up front.
Speaker 2: Well, you're stating a lot it there, Bill. I understand that the Cincinnati Bengals are regional draw and they get people from Kentucky and Indiana and all parts of Southern Ohio that come to And yeah, I want nice things for our area, for Southern Ohio, and I do want it to be a destination and a place.
Speaker 4: For people to go.
Speaker 2: But as you said, they're wanting general revenue fund dollars up front, Bill, and that's just not going to happen. We did not spend any of the taxpayer's money on this Cleveland Browns deal, which by the way, hasn't been approved. It's only been through one chamber. It's still got to be approved in the Senate, and the governor still has to sign it. And this does not give any general revenue tax money to the Browns, and I don't believe that we should give any The same thing should be true for the Bengals. We should not be giving hard working taxpayer money for this project unless a couple of demands are meant. Number one, this is me can build. But this stadium lease with Hamilton County is the worst in the NFL. And why would we throw good money after a bad lease. We have to have that lease renewed, in my mind, and we need a deal where they present a plan to us where the state makes money or is held even and we're not using taxpayer dollars to do it.
Speaker 1: Could you bond the three hundred million dollars the Bengals won over time? Could you much like in the Cleveland deal? And I have a sense I don't know. Maybe the deal will be struck tomorrow. Maybe the Bengals in the county will come together. Here's the deal. It's eight hundred pages long, it's all written. Everybody agrees, contingent upon the state. If all that happens in the next few weeks, June thirtieth is kind of like a cutoff date because for you in leadership of the House. The two year budget begins July first of twenty twenty five until July first, twenty twenty seven, and so the train's going to leave the station soon plus out or near that date. The Bengals have to notify the county if they want to stand the least for two more years, in which case under the old lease, which gets worse and worse and worse. And so if all this comes together in the next two or three weeks eight inner page leaves understanding passed by the Commission, are you willing to bond that money over the next thirty years like in the Browns deal.
Speaker 2: What I would say, Bill is Cincini Bengals present a plan that shows the state making money or held even, And you're right about the timing. The timing is very short. And I would say that the Haslng family in the Cleveland Browns have been very proactive in working this for the last year or so, and so now it seems I don't have any proof of this, but it seems like the Bengals are trying to parachute in at the last second. They have not talked a deal, they have not met any of these things that I have suggested should be in place beforehand, but the time is of essence right now, and the State Senate is considering the budget right now. Over the next month, they'll pass a budget that that changes what the House did, or they'll late and leave something the same. Then the two chambers will get together and negotiate the differences, and then the governor gets the line item veto and all of that, and then we have to all of that has to be done by the end of June built and so the time is time is running short, and and and you know, I don't know. The Bengals are used to getting whatever they want with Hamilton County, so I don't I personally don't know that there that Hamilton County is going to be able to be able to negotiate any friendlier terms than than what is right now. That the NFL's worst for taxpayers.
Speaker 1: And if that's not a complete redoing of that lease leadership of the House, is am I correct in stating if the status quo is more or less maintained, that dog won't hunt in Columbus.
Speaker 2: Well, Bill, I'm just one person, Okay, I'm not talked to anybody else. I'm just one vote out of ninety nine. And then to me, though, I think we recognize I do, I recognize that this lease is not good for the taxpayers, and and so there needs to be a change there in my mind. But but again, I'm just one vote shows mingles, show us a deal where the state makes money or held even and and present that. And don't you know if you just come and say, hey, I want and fifty million dollars, I don't think there's going to be any appetite at all at all in the House.
Speaker 3: For the Senate.
Speaker 2: I suspect Senator Blessing from Hamilton County is going to be a posed to any general revenue dollars for the Bengals as well.
Speaker 1: And then the line item veto is kind of a little bit on the weeds. But if the governor can line item veto something out and the governor's not not keen on any of these deals, it would take a sixty vote in the House and send it to override the governor's veto. Is that correct?
Speaker 2: That is correct, Bill, And I would say that there's probably not a six there's not sixty votes in the House to override the governor's on this particular issue.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, let's see what happened. He could do that, now, the governor.
Speaker 2: He could line item veto that. We'll see what happens. But you know, again, I'm not opposed to nice things for southern Ohio. I would love to see the Bengals be a place that attracts people from all over Central you know, Ohio and Kentucky and Indiana. Sure, and you know we have people who come here all the time for game days. But this, here's another part of the Bengals steel bill that I find particularly offensive, the deal that they hit with Hamilton County. Hamilton County can't schedule any events there without the Bengals being able to veto anything else. Why can't Why does an organization that doesn't own the stadium? Why do they get complete veto over the scheduling of any events in a stadium that they don't own.
Speaker 1: Well, the landlord normally pays for the ban. The landlord normally calls the tune. Except in this last the opposite is true. The Bengals have complete control over a stadium they don't own. There, you go, all right, Well, at least that's a reality check from Adam Bird, Assistant Majority for a leader. And lastly, about a minute remaining. New Richmond has recovered magnificently from the flood. Tell me the status of New Richmond this Monday afternoon.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, Bill, the people have come together. I'm just really again proud of the resilience of my town. And you know, there's so many people at school, kids have come together, Volunteers have come together, and you know, it's a hard working place of people who who love the river. And I'm just really proud of the way that they continue to bounce back. And so you and I got to meet and get together at the Front Street Cafe and have a workshop or something.
Speaker 1: I love it there and I'm going to come up soon. I didn't want to come this week and I think it was open, but I'm sure things are going to be better on a warm June evening. But State Representative Adam Bird, you're at the table in the leadership. I think you're bringing some reality to these issues and a lot of talking needs to be done and a lot of hurdles have to be overcome in a short period of time. We'll see what happens. Hope Springs Eternal and Adam Bird, State Rep. Once again, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Thank you, Adam.
Speaker 4: Bill.
Speaker 2: It's always an honor and I can see it for some you me, Bryson d Chambeau and Rory.
Speaker 1: Okay, and I'll take Rory in that matchup, and I'll take him because that story with yesterday was unbelievable. How he was gonna win, He's gonna lose, is gonna win, gonna lose, then he's gonna win. And it was dramatic television. But to Adam Bird, thank you very much and God bless you, Thank you very much. All Right, let's continue with more if a line becomes available. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand. That, my fellow Americans, is a dose of reality on seven hundred. Wulw Keaton hit the music. Life's pretty good. A lot of difficulties, a lot of problems. The reality is setting in in some ways. We all want the Bengals to be here. Joe Burrow number one, number five, We love them both, Jamar t absolutely, Trey Henderson, get it signed. Yes, that's fantasy Land sports. It's kind of the comic pages of life watching the Masters. Yesterday, Rory Calhoun was gonna win then he's gonna lose, and then he's gonna win. Then he's supposed to lose. Then he had to win on eighteen. Then he lost, and he came back and he won. It was dramatic. That's the comic book pages of life. It's not reality for you and me. Whether whether Rory McIlory won or lost, one's going to change my life one bit. So Justin Rose certainly, how about have rounded Augusta the last round Justin Rose had eleven birdies. It can't get much better than that. Played out of his Gordon just fell. I guess stroke short, but it was. It was the funny pages of life, much like the Bengals the Reds FC are the funny pages of life, not real. But to the ownership of those ball clubs Jimmy Haslim Brown's owner, it's reality for them. They want more and more money. How many billions do you need? The argument? I heard one pundit say that you're gonna have middle class tax payers from all over the region, not just Hambleton County. I think there was a study done that about forty five percent who attend Bengals games live in Hambleton County. Fifty five percent come from all over Hell's half acre, so in the sales tax collects revenue from individuals who don't live in Hamley County, which I think living in Hamley County that's a good thing, right, But at some point, how many billions and billions do you need? And that the Brown family started off with the Bengals in the late nineteen sixties a franchise worth about eighty million dollars. It's now worth about four to five billion dollars and the last thirty years has been quite a fight between the county and the Bengals because of the lease put together by Bob betting House and others that was, shall we say, one sided, just a little bit one sided. And then Bob betting House goes to work for the Bengals, so whenever there was a lawsuit filed in the years after, he could ta sify on behalf of the county as to what was in everyone's mind when he struck the deal. That was kind of peculiar, would you agree. Nonetheless, we're sitting here now with the comments of Senator Blessing, State Senator Blessing with Sloany this morning and also Adam Byrd is pretty obvious that this dog's not going to hunt. There's a significant difference between the Hanslim deal for the Browns, which passed the House by one vote, and the deal that the county and the Bengals are fashioning. And I have respect for Denise Treehouse who said one third, one third, one third, one third from the state, one third from the Bengals slash NFL, one third from us. That means the Bengals are put up indirectly some serious money to the tune of three hundred million dollars, which, considering their net worth, is a drop in the bucket. So you heard Adam Byrd and Senator Blessing talk about general revenue money as opposed to bonding. General revenue is something rather sacred. That's direct taxpayer money to support institutions. A bonding requirement means you issue a bond payable over thirty years, maybe a five percent interest, and the interest in the bond and the principle will be paid by the activities conducted on the property being bonded. So when Jimmy Haslam in Cleveland wants to move the Browns to southern Cahua County, largely there are farm fields producing no revenue. So when you put something worth maybe three billion dollars in that area along with dozens of events every year, and that generates brand new money that the county and the state didn't have. And in addition to that, the Haslam families putting up fifty million dollars off to the side of escrow to hold the state harmless. That money's going to grow and kind of look at it from a business perspective. It's not general revenue money. It's coming from bonding authority, and the state's going to make money on the deal, or at least break even, I think, make a lot of money on the deal. So okay, that's fine. That's not what the Bengals are proposing. They're opposing simply a check written by the state soon for like three hundred million dollars. And from my not just Blessing and Bird, but Matt Huffman, who's the powerhouse in Columbus. He went to UC law school, lives in Aida Lima. He's the speaker of the House. He's more powerful than the governor in a sense, and he says I had him scheduled twice last week, but he wanted to reschedule because he knew what I'd be asking him, so he's gonna wait a little bit, which I respect. That's fine. I'm just a talk show host on your behalf. And no one in Columbus, not even Democrats, want to write a check to the Bengals for three hundred million dollars to start the renovation. Now, there may not be any more revenue generated from the deal at all. The banks is largely built out, and the stadium has been there for thirty years or twenty seven years, and small park is nice, but it doesn't generate any cash. And so you look at this thing. Holy Mike, Mike, come on in, Mike mcconne. Mike McConnell, Mike McConnell. I remember you didn't You used to work here, Mike McConnell A long time. Yeah. How you doing that? You're fine? Ten day? Turn on the microphone. You know how that works? No, I, no, are you on?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Turn up? Turn it up, Dave, turn it up. So, Mike, what are you doing well? I played golf at three this morning, eight o'clock in the morning. Did do that before eight oh three am? You played golf? What happened? Good time?
Speaker 5: How'd you play? You play like Rory. I won for sure. How much did you win?
Speaker 1: Eight bucks? Ten bucks? Eighteen?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 1: What time are you getting up in the morning?
Speaker 5: Now, well it was three twenty, so to bear that in mind. So if I can get up at five thirty or later, oh that's that's pretty good. You're sleeping in. I did six thirty eight one morning, was my record. So you woke up and said, what the hell, I gotta get to work.
Speaker 1: If there's that moment between consciousness and sleep when you're saying I got to get up and get.
Speaker 5: To work, there was this morning because it's Monday. Wait a minute, I don't have to do that anymore.
Speaker 1: What do you miss? And you miss it?
Speaker 5: I mean I've been three four days. What do you miss? You know, the camaraderie part of it's fun and the audience. You know, a bunch of nice people out there just had to come in because of the home studios kind of on the fritz.
Speaker 1: And well, I'm told though you're kind of looking around. I had a picture of you on Monday coming in, so they had to do the same thing. Then here it is again, another Monday. Do I see a pattern?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 1: Are you're going to come in? On a regular basis, just a couple of Happy go lucky commercials. What about picking up some shifts? Can you come in slowly? Now come back? I'm not slowly they're coming back. I'm not planning to do that. You're not coming back.
Speaker 5: No, you have to have your head in the game one hundred percent to do it right. And you know when you're retired, I'm not going to get my head in the game.
Speaker 1: And you said to me a few years ago something I recall, and that is that when if you're off for a week or ten days or two weeks, when you come back the first day or two you're not in the rhythm right. And I've noticed that. And so if you're out for several months, you're not coming back. But we want you to come back and maybe pinch it at a minimum. Would you consider that? No? May I ask why? Because everyone comes back.
Speaker 5: Reason Either you're either you're you know you're you're in it up to your eyeballs, or you're not.
Speaker 1: You got to be in it up to your eyeballs. Did you see it coming? Because I know Christmas time we did our spectacular and I mentioned to you then I said, this Christmas morning, do you think you want to announce and you said no, no, why do you choose to do it your way?
Speaker 5: That's you don't want to hear you know it. Don't need months of people saying why why are you?
Speaker 7: Why don't go?
Speaker 1: You know, so you hit a week of it. I'd like to minimize that a little bit. What about travel and might you visit Ukraine? Might you go to uh? I think maybe maybe next week. What are you going to do? Are you gonna travel? You're gonna live travel and travel make some fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's funny because I usually have always gone to see my family see Philly to Philly around Mother's Day. Even though my mom was gone, I still go around Mother's Day. But I was still in this work mode when I booked the flights, and I well, I got to come back on Sundays, like, well, I already booked it.
Speaker 1: Now I'd have to pay extra to change it. So you're not changing.
Speaker 5: I'm going to change it, but I'll know in the future. Get your head out of the fact that you're not working.
Speaker 1: Give me your thoughts on the stadium deal. We had on Scott Sloane had on Blessing. I just had on Adam Bird, who's like fourth in control of the House Representatives. Yeah, both of them are saying that dog's not going to hunt that. The Hanslom deal was reported like, well, the Brown's got their money, now let's get the banglet's get our money.
Speaker 5: Well, they got their money, but the idea is the state's supposed to get it back, so they development around. It would be like if we didn't build the banks yet, and if they give us money for the stadium and one of these banks, and you'll get all that money.
Speaker 1: But the bank's already there. There's no new revenue coming maybe slight, but not like Haslm's got a hundred and fifty acres in the middle of nowhere. No money coming out, and according to according to the state, he's putting up fifty million off to the side of escrow. The state's going to get they're going to bond it. Then it's coming out. Now general revenue is coming out of a bonding when the bonds be paid off by the additional ec on. The activity doesn't apply here. But the Bengals are saying we went three hundred million dollars, like now we've got to redo the stadium in the next three years, and the state's saying no, no, no, what happens. We went through this in nineteen ninety five, nineteen ninety six. What happens, play it out the next two months, is going to be done by June, or they're going to extend the lease.
Speaker 5: Well, FC once money, but at least they're building. They're doing that development to the side of it, which generates some income from the state. I mean, they're in a better position to get their money than the Bengals. And Lender is in a good position. He's given millions of dollars to the Republican Party and Mike Brown's given nothing to nobody.
Speaker 1: He doesn't make donations. He doesn't do that. So if they.
Speaker 5: Couldn't know what he does, I just I've heard he does quietly, quietly, but not make political donations.
Speaker 1: But the Lender family makes a huge political donations, and Mike Brown does not make huge political donations. He does it quietly under the side to help former players and others. He writes a check takes care of a different issue. Do you think the Bengals might leave? Mike McConnell, what do you say, No.
Speaker 5: You have the what's what's the option there? From the Brown where you have to give others an opportunity to buy it, and there are people out there with trillions of dollars they just they buy him. Just it's a fun. It's fun. It's a it's a notoriety. You know, you're playing with the big boys.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 1: If you've got an NFL teal team and there's billionaires that would like to buy him, yes, and then the deal would be to keep him here. Correct, and Katie and Troy don't want that. I think Mike Brown's ninety years old and at some point the Grim Reaper comes first.
Speaker 5: All yeah, but still, I mean, the the rule is the rule. You have to let somebody else, but you can't just back up and go. And I said that when they first built that thing, there's no way you'd have that gigantic edifice at the entrance to the city and nobody playing in it and.
Speaker 1: Had to tear it down. I mean, it's bad, it's bad. I think the NFL understands that Mike Brown is he often doesn't play well with others. Whenever there's something up, normally votes thirty one to one or thirty to two, and Mike's always the one of the two. And the NFL model now is to do the big Jerry world, the Hanslim deal, in other words, getting the real estate to development. Don't own a football team, get the big deal, and the Brown family doesn't one do that. They want to stay with football and believe or not, Troy and Katie are now in their fifties. That's getting old. At some point you want to say, well, do I want to keep beating my head against the wall. Let's cash out and make a lot of money, I mean a lot of money and live in Palm Springs. You already got a lot of money. They got a lot of money. How much of a lot of money? In d thirty million a year they make net plus the franchise values four to five billion dollars. Well, what's left to buy? You know, a certain time in life, what's left to buy? An all the stuff? You need? Another Lamborghini?
Speaker 5: Yeah they're they're not Lambeau people anyway. He drives Chevyes, which I like, what are you going to retire?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I like what I'm doing. I like what you said you're getting old. Well, hell, we're all getting old. Yeah that's not a standard. I like what I'm doing get up in the morning. Penny said to me, if you got up this morning and didn't do this, what would you do? So I don't. She said, let's travel. Let's go to Iceland, Let's go to Tanzania. I said, what she wants to look at girafts. Let's go to Australia. Look at the ding bats. That's that's on our agenda is Australia, New Zealand. I got the ding bats right here. Why don't have to travel to look at it. My last trip was Jerusalem and that was kind of it for me. I'm kind of thinking, I don't want to travel. You don't like to travel. I do like the travels I don't like I like to travel. And Penny, like I said, dear, have your girlfriends. A lot of girlfriends have their husbands are dead. Have some money, go go on a riverboat. She's got a riverboat cruise coming up. I said, great, schedule another one. Do you agree? Yeah? They're fun. I recommend them better better than on the ocean. Rivers are a little more calmer than the oceans. Yeah. And you're welcome here, Mike. Anytime you're on my Mount Rushmore. There's only one living head left. That's me, Me, you, Gary and Jim. That's it. You're on mine. I'm on your Mount Musher. Who's on your Mount Rushmore? Other than me and you? Who else is there? Hey? Gary? I put Trumpy and Gary up there. Trump is pretty big. What about Jim Scott? You've got about the living legend? Yeah, gotta put need more room like Trump on Mount Rushmore needs some more heads, the fifth head, the fifth head, all right, coming and do a few commercials and that it. Yeah, go get some wall wall We got wah Wah. I can't believe I missed that. I grew up on wah Wah. I love Wah. I love going there. It's like breakfast, lunch, dinner. It's a grocery store. It's fun.
Speaker 5: Our little milk, milk cartons and grade school from wah Wah day. They're right up the street. They're big in Philadelphia. Yeah, well the dairy started first before they were convenience stores, and the gas station thing is much more recent.
Speaker 1: They were mainly convenience stores, know, and so now they're going to open a couple of days. Yeah, up in Butler County. I'll get there, you'll be there. My congratulations on a career well led. Thank you very much. Good to talk to you. God bless America.
Speaker 4: See you later.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Mike.
Speaker 1: He'll step in every now and then I think he'll be back. He's only tricking us. He's tricking us, that's what he's doing. I'll just continue with more after one o'clock. That was in mid flight, but the Bengals Cincinnati deal and Mike McConnell popped in any time, he's more than welcomed. So let's continue with more and after one o'clock today we'll be an expert on college camp is unrest and what's happening? Robert Spencer wrote a book on it, and where to send your kids? Or shall I say, we're not to send your kids to college. You send them off happy and healthy, they come back with hooks in their noses, multi colored hair, wearing dresses and if they're boys, and that's not the way things out to be. So if you want to know where not to send your kid to college, Robert Spencer will be up. Then later on is art Ali about why not why not to do business with China? His point is what we ought to do, he says, is to have like a cold war as they headed with USSR between nineteen forty five and nineteen ninety one. What forty six years of a cold war hopefully then become a hot war because that's a problem right now. China is a wounded bear. And will they attack Taiwan? Will they shut down power grid in this country? What will they do? Because they are a wounded bear and the Shijhao ping done worry about the midterms, doesn't worry about CNN commentary, doesn't worry about headlines and newspapers, doesn't worry about someone's religion. Catholics and Christians are murdered in China, and the wigers of Muslim minority are in concentration camps and more so, we'll see what happens there if the line becomes available. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand. Mike McConnell is back temporarily on news radio seven hundred WLW by Bill Cunningham, The Great America and of course what Happened on October the seventh, twenty twenty three. Is one of the stars on human history and authored the book Anti Semitism, History and Myth. I want to share, with Robert Spencer's permission, the first couple sentences, which I think is very illustrative of what this issue deals with. The Imas attack on Israel October the seventh, twenty twenty three was one of the most inhumane jihad attacks ever and reminiscent of the darkest days of the National Socialist Germany Republic. The attackers, glorified in their savagery against the Jews, invited each other to outdo one another to cruelty. Yet, despite or perhaps because of the cruelty and the brutality that attack unleashed in the past year and a half, expressions of hatred for Jews that shocked those who assume such hate was the thing in the past. And Robert Spencer, welcome to the Bill Cunningham shows. Let's go back a little bit in time as far as to hatred for the Jews. Where did it begin, how did it begin, and how did it metastasize to October the seventh.
Speaker 9: Well, it begins way back before even the beginning of Christianity in Pagan Rome, when the Romans were annoyed that the Jews were not assimilating. And that's really been the pattern ever since that the Jews throughout history wherever they've been have maintained their distinct identity, their distinct beliefs, culture and practices, and so they have run up against people who were hostile to them for that eason all through history. Today, the main source of anti Semitism is coming from the Left, which as we know, it's ferociously collectivists. Do you think about mouse China where everybody even wore the same clothes, and that's the ideal for the left. That's equity. You know that everybody's on the same level. And so they don't like Israel and they don't like Jews for maintaining once again those distinctive beliefs, culture and practices. And so as the Left is making its big push in the West of these days, it has become furiously anti Semitic and anti Jewish.
Speaker 1: As far as Christianity, I want to deal with that separately for a moment, because I think largely we Christians I'm a practicing Roman Catholic has overcome the vicious anti Semitism that went on for about a thousand or maybe fifteen hundred years or longer. The Jews in medieval France or Germany weren't treated any better than the Hamas treated the Jews. They were burned at the stake, they weren't allowed into societies offer for one thousand and a half years by Christians. And I heard the argument, the idea that the Jews were quote the christ killers played a part in that. And my boss is a Jewish carpenter, and I purposely have engaged the practice of law in Jewish law firms because I love, for some reason being around Jews and it's wonderful faith and family commitment education. But describe how Christians dealt with Jews until most recently but even today that is a lot less. But describe the relationship between Jews and Christians.
Speaker 9: Well, you really hit the nail on the head there bill saying that the Jews killed Christ and saw on that was the plane. It's kind of weird that that ever gained any currency, because, of course, we know as Christians that the fundamental idea of Christianity is that it's our sins that put Christ on the cross, and he is on the cross as an expiation for our sins. And so then to turn around and say, well, it's the jews fault that he's on the cross contradicts. It seems to me basic Christianity. And so that's one of the things that led to the fact that Christianity. Of the four main causes of anti Semitism, Christianity, Islam, national socialism, and international socialism, it's Christianity alone that repudiated anti Semitism and rejected it at the highest levels in every Christian group.
Speaker 1: That's an important comment to make Christians said, anti Semitism is awful as terrible. It's a senate's a crime to stop it. There's pockets that practice it, but not many, unlike in the Islamic world. And I kind of liken it to an extent to the founding this country. For a long time, Jews were not part of the American economic or democratic experience. Here in little Cincinnati, Ohio, there's a Jewish hospital which is wonderful. There's Jewish private country clubs which are great, and so over the generations. If society did not let the jew in, they created their own separate identities if permitted to do so, and flourished. Is that correct?
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's absolutely right, though. And the thing is is that when they did that, then they were blamed for holding out and not becoming part of the larger group, and so it became kind of a vicious circle.
Speaker 1: So where are we today. October seventh is applauded by the radical left in this country. I watch on college campuses. It's awful. And it's in the Midwest too, because the University of Cincinnati, which is about ten miles from where I broadcast from, had another incident a couple of days ago where Hamas supporters were shouting down individuals. And it's true in the Midwest, but it's metastasized more in Columbia and the large campuses UCLA, University of Chicago. It's worse there. What is the current role of Islamic relations with Israel and with the jew.
Speaker 9: Well, of course there's tremendous hostility in the Islamic world to Israel and the Jews, because it's the very existence of Israel is an insult to Islam. Islam is a very earthly religion that is expansionist, supremacist, aggressive and violent, and it demands that Muslims wage war against unbelievers in order to bring the world under the hegemony of Islamic law. And the Quran teaches drive them out from where they drove you out, which means any land that was once ruled under Islamic law belongs by right to Muslims forever, and the Muslims have to fight to get it back if it is not being ruled under Islamic law. That means that there is no Israel of any size that would ever be acceptable to the Islamic world. And so there's always going to be this war. There's no not going to be a two state solution. There's not going to be peace with Israel ever, because of these elements of Islamic theology, and so as the campuses have become dominated by the left, and the left sees Islam as an ally, the Islamic anti Semitism has become mainstream on the left, and we are seeing it increasingly virulent and violent form on campuses all over the country.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you present it rather a dark future, but I think it's accurate. I can't conceive of Hamas or Boca Haram or Talibam or Isis saying, you know what, let's live separate apart Israel. You do your thing, We're do ours. We're going to build up our society. We want great schools, great colleges, we want great middle class values in Gaza, and we're going to demonstrate to the world how our way of thinking is better than yours. And you point out that will never happen. Explain for those who want to caute the two states solution, Explain why that will never happen.
Speaker 9: Okay, if you've got the religious imperative, drive them out from where they drove you out. Now you understand this is not based on the idea that the Israelis actually drove out the Arab Palestinians, although that is the claim, It's false. The Arab Higher Committee told them to leave in nineteen forty eight because they thought they would destroy Israel quickly and then they could they would get the people, the civilians out of the way, and then they could go back home in a few weeks when Israel was gone. But that didn't work out that way. Now, the fact is, though, this idea drive them out from where they drove you out, is based on the principle that I explained before that any land that belonged to the Muslims belongs to the Muslims forever, and so because the Muslims ruled the land of Israel in the Middle Ages, they have a right to it today. And so there is no agreement that can be made between Israel and any Muslim states that would allow Israel to exist indefinitely. If they did that, then many Muslims would consider that to be against Islam and would fight against the government that made the agreement. There is no Israel of any size that is acceptable under these circumstances. And so as long as there are Muslims who believe in Islam and believe in the Koran, then there can be no peace between those Muslims and Israel.
Speaker 1: So you're saying, Robert Spencer, that the Qur'an orders that adherent Muslims kill the jew wherever they might be located, especially in Israel.
Speaker 9: And that is the thing. It's not that every Muslim is going to do that, but yes it is. It's an imperative to wage war. Just as a matter of fact, this morning, the International Union of Muslim Scholars, which is just what it says, it is said that jihad against Israel is an obligation on every Muslim in the world.
Speaker 1: Well what is that? Because here in America there's a little bit of wobble. But I live in Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Northern Kentucky, there's not many Muslims. There's there's one big mosque, and it's peaceful, it's quiet, except when exported from outside into this country. There's not too many examples of of Muslim extremists killing Jews in America. Why is that the.
Speaker 9: Case, Well, in America, they know that that would bring more trouble onto the Muslim community than it's worth. Essentially that it's one thing to do it in a country where the authorities will say, yes, good thing, you did that. We hate the Jews too, you know, as in any Muslim country where the Jews have actually been driven out long ago, or in many places in Europe where the authorities are afraid of the Muslims and are not going to prosecute them seriously, as in Britain. And so it's a different thing when you have, especially with the Trump administration and power, you have a very different situation in the United States. And so I don't think you're going to see many Muslims, if any, heating the call of the International Union of Muslim Scholars.
Speaker 1: But they still made it as consequences here other parts of the world, there's no consequence. How about this theory. I've had this for a while. Robert Spencer, author of a great book anti Semitism, History and Myth, that the Jew serves as a convenient scapegoat for the failures of Middle Eastern societies. About thirty seven of the forty Muslim dominated societies in the world a terrible places to live. You do not want to live in Jordan or Egypt at middle class values, Aron, Iraq, Syria terrible places to live. So the Jew is a convenient scapegoat for the failures of the policies of the governing forces in Muslim countries and so like in Gaza. Now there's a little bit of a movement of the Palestinians living in Gaza saying we can't live like this. It's awful, it's terrible to Hamas. Look what Hamas has done to us. I understand that the bodies of those who said such things in Gaza were divided into pieces and put on their families doorstep. That this is what happens in Gaza. When you say that somehow Hamas should be taken out of leadership in Gaza, which was about eighteen years ago, the Jew left Gaza completely and said, okay, you're on your own. Billions of dollars flowed into Gaza. It was used to build tunnels and bombs and missiles and rockets, not to improve the society in Gaza. But as far as my thoughts about Jews being convenient scapegoat for the failure of Muslim governments, what's your reaction to that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, there's no doubt about it. And here again it goes back to the Koran, and the Koran says that the Jews are the worst enemies of the Muslims, that the strongest in enmity against those who believe will be the Jews. And so anything bad happens, and as you noted, the people, the anti Hamas people in Gaza are getting killed. So anything bad happens, a lot of people they know, Well, we can't actually blame the government will get killed. We can't speak out freely against this. The only thing we can do is really blame the Jews. And this is what the governments encourage themselves because it takes the heat off them.
Speaker 1: So you also have a few comments in your book Anti Semitism History. Myth antisemitism leads to genocide in America is not yet led there because we don't have virulent antisemitism. There are scores a lot in America, but it's not government sponsored. But in those countries that consider Jews to be like rats and mice and cockroaches, anisseemitism does lead to genocide, correct.
Speaker 9: Yeah, absolutely, I mean it's obvious from history. It's not just the Nazis, although they're the foremost example, but you look all around the Middle East. There used to be Jewish communities in pretty much every country, and they were all completely eradicated after the nineteen forty eight when the Jews in the various countries were blamed with, blamed for and associated with the state of Israel and either killed or forced out of the countries.
Speaker 1: And so the Middle East drained itself into Israel. Here's the are you ready for the big question? Oh? Yeah, where do we go from here? Because I look at this point, Israel is an advanced society, in some ways more advanced than America when it comes to military They have vicious enemies all around them. Many Muslim Islami governments will pay ransom to individuals that are dead who blew themselves up to kill Jews. They're streets named after the so called martyrs of Islam and so here we sit in April of twenty twenty five. Can you tell me how it ends.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 9: I don't think that it's going to end well. I think that there's a fanatical hatred that's been loosed in the world and it's going to play out, and I'm hoping by this book to try to head off some of the worst of it. Maybe that's ambitious to say that one book can change things, but well, it's happened before in history, and the crisis is very advanced now. I think some people have dehumanized the Jews to such an extent that they would welcome a new genocide. And it's a very dangerous period we're in.
Speaker 1: You know, one thing Hamas said the leadership in Amas, who live like millions Airs by the way and Cutter and other rich Middle Eastern countries, that they said that they were asked, how come you locate your military basis underneath hospitals? How come you put rockets and missiles inside schools? And that's going to cause the unintended consequence of the death of innocent men, women and children and Gaza And the answer was, they are part of the jihad. They should want to die because when you die in this fashion, you have a special place in heaven. So Hamas and many Islamic militants want to kill their own, their own children, their own babies, by putting their military equipment inside facilities, knowing what's going to be the reaction. Now, how sick is that most civilized societies avoid that, But Hamas and bok of a Ram and others demand that you die, your children be killed. And when the hostages came out, most came out were treated horribly. They said, basically, they consider us to be rice, kind of like rats in the tunnels. So explain that theory that the Hamas will act in a way that'll cause the death of their own people.
Speaker 9: Well, this is another thing that goes back to Islamic teaching, and the Kuran actually says the Jews say that we are Allaw's children and his beloved. Then let them love death and that will prove see that they love a law, that they love death. They prefer life with a law in the next world to life in this world. And the idea of love of death is something that jihadis often refer to, saying we will win because we love death more than you love life. Like they're not afraid to die. They are happy to die because then they'll be with a law. And so they enforced that among their people. And you know, I remember seeing a few years back a guy who was going to go blow himself up. He had a truck full of explosives, and all his friends were outside the truck egging him on and telling him he was soon going to be with the virgins in paradise and how great it was and so on, and the guy starts crying. He didn't want to die. It's a natural impulse to love life and to want to be alive. That's a basic human impulse. But his loom fights against it.
Speaker 1: It's a culture of death. It's not a culture of life. And I don't see how it ends well. But thanks for the book. Robert Spencer. Book is anti Semitism, history and myth. It's everywhere. And Robert Spencer, once again, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show, setting the record straight. Thank you very much, Robert, what pleasure, Bill, Thank you, God bless you. Let's continue with more. As I say, often, the truth will set us all free. Go cunning Him every Day News Radio.
Speaker 10: Seven hundred twenty seconds left, one more snap for Desmond Ritter and the UC bear Cats. He takes the snap, he takes a knee, he pumps his vest, and the celebration begins at Notre Dame Stadium. Opportunity seized as the bear Cats send a message to the college football world.
Speaker 1: Did you see that?
Speaker 10: Cincinnati wins it twenty four to thirteen?
Speaker 1: Hell hello, hello, by it I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 4: Right guy.
Speaker 11: Second, clearly that was a moment in time, but they did not win the national title. We now have in the studio the Bearcat National Division one golf disc team?
Speaker 1: Is that correct? Discolf?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: And Tom Young you're like the spokesman, introduce these other fine athletes you see fonni one something.
Speaker 12: Yeah, absolutely, Yeah, I'm Thomas Young. I'm the president of the club. You'rect Donald Trump right there, he's the president. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: I put tariffs on other teams. Tariff zager, aren't you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I'm joined with the A team here. Who's the D one Champs?
Speaker 12: D one Champs? You have c Bearcats win it all in disc golf, got three of the four here. Sadly, Lucas Boca Song cannot join us today. But is he in rehabb But what's he doing? He's a class, he's a skip class.
Speaker 1: Played the Masters. Yes, he's been drinking heavily after that. I can't find him. Now introduce you're right?
Speaker 7: Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 1: I got Brad Caldwell over here on my right called well Brad and microphone. Know where'd you grow up? If anywhere?
Speaker 7: I'm from Cincinnati. So I grew up in Anderson, the.
Speaker 1: Home of the Redskins. Shall I say that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're still there, still there? Yeah, that was my senior year. They changed that.
Speaker 1: What position did you play on in disc golf? What is there? Positions? Backer?
Speaker 7: Thirds throw the frisbee?
Speaker 8: And you are a young man? Yeah, I'm Tanner young. So I grew up in the Colrain area here in Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: G ed from Colraine High School right there, let's go so and also your name, yeah it's ill can grow.
Speaker 13: I literally grew up like five minutes down the road. So yeah, I'm right nearby. Uh listening to seven hundred doll my hear this? I like that. That's unbelieved.
Speaker 1: So tell me about about how do you win the disc go the disc Disco Tennis Golf All Time Championship? What happened?
Speaker 12: Yeah, so it basically starts all the way back in August September, where you have to start with a couple of college rated events and then you get kind of team ratings from there, and if you get a good enough qualifying round, then you get a D one and a D two bid. We were lucky enough to get our D one bid on our very first go at it, and since then we were kind of dominating.
Speaker 7: We didn't lose a single event after that point.
Speaker 1: Tell me how you play? How do you put a put a basket on a tree somewhere.
Speaker 12: That it's a it's a metal it's a metal cage that has a top of a bottom and then chains dangling down from it. Okay, and so you place it basically in a field in the woods, and then you take turns throwing like different strokes, just like golf. You start from the tea pad, you throw it down and you try to get it into the bath.
Speaker 1: How did you develop these skills? How long did it take? Yeah?
Speaker 13: I started like twenty twenty, so it's been like four or fourish years. Yeah, lifting up clearly clearly not that it's just a lot, it's just a lot of forum work. Yeah, hours upon hours of budding practice. Yeah, it's a lot of work. Yeah, it's a lot of work to win the national title. The friendly confines to put up the country club should happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, how who'd you play? What other teams did you beat? Get to the top? You see, he's finally won something.
Speaker 8: Yes, so we beat you and c North Carolina. We beat Charlotte, Kentucky, Ohio State dating all the local teams from around here pretty much.
Speaker 1: Imagine. Yep, you get a scholarship, you have money, nil money, you got cheerleaders? What do you got?
Speaker 7: Not yet? But next year maybe you never.
Speaker 1: Does you see? No, you won the national title.
Speaker 7: I believe.
Speaker 12: So we did have an interview with the news guys. So you see news guy, it wasn't on the front. Did anyone care when you came back? Do you have a parade?
Speaker 7: We got a post on Instagram? So how about a ring?
Speaker 1: You got the rings?
Speaker 7: No, we got little trophies though.
Speaker 1: Many you see is cheap. Yeah, I mean get a parade and get it. Get a ring.
Speaker 11: Well, we told the dodgeball champs from Miami they got to get recognized.
Speaker 1: I lo put the heat on you see to recognize she's get done.
Speaker 11: You know it's a national championship. Well, I don't care what if it's a disc golf, basketball or whatever.
Speaker 1: These guys need to be recogn You know, my brother is John Cunningham athletic. You know who he is. No, I don't think so. No, he's the athletic director. You see, he's probably sports.
Speaker 7: We're club sports. Club sports is completely different. We get even less recognition.
Speaker 1: You get nothing, you get nothing.
Speaker 7: But we had Tim White is our guy, is the big club.
Speaker 1: But doesn't John Town to get with it, have control over D one disc golf is.
Speaker 12: No because so it's D one for uh for college disc golf. But it's still technically considered a club sport. It's not like we don't have divisions, Like we don't have a big twelve O. You beat everybody, but we beat everybody in basically undefeated, tied.
Speaker 1: Unscored on Yeah, unbelievable. Andy Mack. How about nil money? I need no money, no no, no, need a gas card, not nil money.
Speaker 12: You go to Wall Wall, go to wallall here he's sponsored by disc craft.
Speaker 1: Really you got sponsors already? Yes I do.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the money and disc golf go.
Speaker 1: To Wall Wall. They're gonna open up in a couple of days. Get some wa Wall money. You know what I do not neither do I segment.
Speaker 11: Willy the future Porters, sprout service of your local Tame Star heating and air conditioning dealers.
Speaker 1: Tame Star quality you can feel in beautiful Cincinnati.
Speaker 11: Cal Sheldon Braun at Braun Heating at five one, three, three, eight, five, seventy seven sixty five. Thank you, Roxy, Willie Hunter Green Dealing yesterday struck out eight walked one, Reds blank doose Pirates four nil to take, get out the brooms and sweep. And now they Reds have the day off today. I understand they're golfing because of you can't say Kenwood can't say they have the day off. And they the Seattle Mariners come to town tomorrow night to pitching matchup former Red Luis Castillo, the Nick Lodolo rest of one five of the last six, and the Mariners of Mariners, who just came off a sweep of the Texas Rangers at home. They're eight and eight and they've won four to row.
Speaker 1: We've got two teams Mariner's playing tough. The Reds have played ten percent of their schedule already I see.
Speaker 11: Roy McElroy yesterday with a birdie on the first hole of a playoff, beating Justin Rose to win the green jacket and the Masters for the first time.
Speaker 1: Tom Young, could you beat McIlroy in disc golf? Absolutely without a doubt. Let's try something. I'll get ahold of Augusta National. Let's get down there in the Masters. Orry, I'm calling you out right now. Let me see those four guys running around eighteen but the disc golf along with that last ye head shots, head shots there.
Speaker 11: They threw the guy out for wearing shorts the other day, right, and not a guy do anything to the guy that h relieved received himself in race creek.
Speaker 1: Can you see pulling raised creek and just relieving yourself. You guys haven't done that? Have you playing on the course and you gotta go and you gotta go and never never of course not. Yeah. See, these guys got golf etiquet. They're good in line too. Please continue.
Speaker 11: Well, we also want to thank h wah wah speaking of them, wah wah their first store coming up in Ohio on April the sixteenth, the first store in Ohio and Liberty Township.
Speaker 1: That guy went Ppe at wahwah.
Speaker 11: They went see grand opening specials April sixteenth through twenty seventh. The doors open on what is it Wednesday? Will you be there at eight am? Will you be there eight o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 1: I'll be here, will he sorry? Ribbon cutting at nine am.
Speaker 11: So they got a lot of specials and they're going to open up a lot of stores.
Speaker 1: Around the area. Wa so wah wah, we welcome you to Ohio. Thomas.
Speaker 12: You know what is only from the TikTok ads that they get only what is a wah wah? I get that at all the time. So I do actually know.
Speaker 1: What By your age, you should know that it's an experience. It's an experience. You go there, you get some gas. What do you get seg man lunch? Breakfast? Apparently?
Speaker 11: Will you they got excellent sandwiches we had on today some today they had they had you got sandwiches, they got pizza, they got.
Speaker 1: Everything you guys eat, pea got cookies everything. Cincinnati Date Road.
Speaker 11: It opens on the Wednesday, doors open at eight, Ribbon cutting, ceremony festivities at nine.
Speaker 1: These guys are flat Belly.
Speaker 11: Seventy one ninety eight Cincinnati Date road and liberty twip. Do you work out to play disc golf? Do you like run marathons? Get loosed?
Speaker 1: You lift weights, you get stretched flexing? What is the main skill in disc golf? You won the national title? Many people want to know how'd you get it done? I don't know.
Speaker 13: I mean, honestly, just kind of get out on the field, throw as many times as you possibly can till your arm gets sore, and that's about it.
Speaker 1: That's what that's outretch pitching. You just got there.
Speaker 11: So there's not eighteen holes like there are eighty hos, yes, and you can throw as many times as you want each hole, but you're.
Speaker 7: Trying not to throw it that many times.
Speaker 1: You know, one time you get a point, then you go to the next hole. Not quite like that. It's literally the same as golf board, exactly the same as golf stroke play. You start the yep, got eighteen baskets? Throw that and how far away are you when you start throwing? From one hundred and fifty to thousand? Really, yes, sir, like three hundred and thirty yards one thousand? Yeah, yeah, that would be five. And then if you throw it in one, can you throw it in one? Not on a five. Now, let's say you stopped here, here's the frise. I'm sorry for a disc, I'm sorry, segment disk, Get it right, get it right?
Speaker 11: Then you stop, Then you throw it again. Yeah, you throw it again. You should take five throws to get there.
Speaker 1: Theoretically, Yeah, theoretically, and a part three would be how long anywhere from? Like, yeah, one hundred and fifty to hundred feet? So why do you beat all these teams?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Why do you beat them? Why do you beat everybody?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 8: Well, we actually throw the farthest probably of any team in the nations collectively.
Speaker 1: Like d Schambeau.
Speaker 8: Yeah, exactly, exactly right. Pudding can sometimes be our weakness. If we're putting good, right, great, putting good, we're always gonna out throw everybody else.
Speaker 1: What's pitting?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 1: What do you mean putting? What do you do? Just like putting around the green and golf? You know, how close do you get for a putt?
Speaker 7: Anything within like forty five feet i'd say is a putt?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How big? How big is the basket?
Speaker 7: How wide it's about I'd say two two feet?
Speaker 1: Why really it takes us?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: How high is it off? The ground. I see the four or five feet Yeah, well the.
Speaker 12: Top of the cage probably, and you have to throw it up to go in, and just going to the side quite a bit of power, and people are cheering and going nuts.
Speaker 1: They get with you on the field of honor and walk with you for some of.
Speaker 7: Our final holes at the bigger tournaments.
Speaker 12: Yeah, there is sometimes a decent gallery.
Speaker 1: But if I set things up at Kenwood Country Club with Dan plunkin the general manager, will you guys come and do some dish throwing at Kenwood Country Club? You would like that, wouldn't you look like avon fielders?
Speaker 11: And how big that goes? Over and see membership committee. You got these four disc golf They're gonna throw it at you, is what they're gonna do. I'll be You'll grown out in the front of the head. So next year you get ready, are you four guys coming back? You see national champions.
Speaker 12: I'm not I'm graduating, but the three of them are the guys. What do you want to be when you grow up? I'm actually an aerospace engineer. Yeah, I got an aerospace engineer.
Speaker 1: Blue Warriors it just went up this morning. You see the blue thing horizon went up in this four or five ladies came back. So what's the next step if you're an aeronautical engineer? What do you do?
Speaker 12: So I'm actually moving out to Denver in a couple of months. I'm working for a company called ursa major doing some design and manufacturing work for a like a small American engine company.
Speaker 1: That guy's got a shot a life right there behind these three dearrelks to kind of continue your Europe pretty much. How do you get to recruit guys to come try for the team?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 12: So usually the guys that are like, for example, Ilkin came he was he was well known in the disc golf community before coming to college. They're like a star, Like, yeah, he definitely is a star. Way that this guy's a star in the disc community.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, I mean I I.
Speaker 1: Don't see that. I'm you're a star in the disc community. How does that mean?
Speaker 7: I can you want?
Speaker 1: You want to talk about your wins?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: About your wins?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I won the US Amateur Championship in twenty twenty two and then the Junior World Championship in twenty twenty two as well, So that excuse me, might lessons?
Speaker 1: Wow, So you're like do you get paid to come.
Speaker 13: No, I think get paid to come here, but I do play tournaments for money at this point. So thankfully the college you're if you make like if you're not on tour basically, so I'm not traveling to play disc golf. I'm allowed to still play for the college, but I do play a bunch of.
Speaker 1: You got a future? Is there a professional life?
Speaker 13: And I've got a bunch of friends who are on the tour. They make a tour, yeah right, oh yeah, they're starting to the top three or four. Guys make multimillion dollars a year. There's definitely a there's definitely a spot, just not.
Speaker 11: As stupid as I thought. Guys make a million dollars there throwing disc golf.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's your future, hopefully, I hope it is.
Speaker 8: Me and Bradley don't exactly have our futures as figured out as a Yeah, what what's the square root of eighty one nine?
Speaker 2: Not me?
Speaker 14: Who's the Attorney General the United States of America, Bradley, that's Macelroy. Isn't Bondim Bondy.
Speaker 1: So guys can congratulations.
Speaker 11: Millions of dollars to be a professional disc golfer and that's your goal.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's not, Michael.
Speaker 13: Actually no, I I hate traveling, so I couldn't be on the store.
Speaker 1: I'm also an engineer.
Speaker 13: I'm just in my second year, so I'm I'm on the track for that and I'll just play disc golf for fun.
Speaker 1: What do you want to be when you grow that's a good question.
Speaker 11: Brand you.
Speaker 1: Guys want to drink beer and chase girls.
Speaker 7: That's the goal.
Speaker 1: Thank you, guys. Congratulations, we've had the We've had the Miami National. You gotta win. Come back next year. Who's good. You're gonna be the captain next year. You think the captain and lead the ship. Come on back next year. If you win the national title again, you're more than welcome here. Thank Let's do it. Unbelievable. We'll give you some way. You want a T shirt, we'll get you. That'll be your prize. Yeah, there's your first sponsor right there. John Cunningham's got to know my brothers got to know about this team. Become a professional team, kind of like the UC football team that stinks or the best about team segment. Get me on suture part. We got the champions.
Speaker 11: Willian and Hunter of the University of Cincinnati Bearcats National disc golf champions.
Speaker 1: Undefeated, untied on scored on.
Speaker 11: More than they beat, more than eighty schools. Unbelievable across three to you guys need some publicity, you get with it. Clifton, come on, come on, Cunningham. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stood Report.
Speaker 3: Always good to be with you, Bill, see you later.
Speaker 1: I talked to the Governor and by the way, I called him during the break he said, I'm with j D. Say hello, I said, j D. How you doing? Man? He said, good? I come back on the show, he said, he would. I think I have the governor on tomorrow.
Speaker 11: We'll get the governor. Get these guys wrecking. You got need some money? You need some right like the Bengals need a Bengals.
Speaker 1: They're giving sixty six hundred and sixty million to Cleveland.
Speaker 11: Let's give these guys a couple of mill Yeah, this guy, you're going to be a star except dis golf.
Speaker 1: Will you accept the money? Good luck, guys, have a parade, get the rings, you got everything. Congratulations on a life we all live now. Become great engineers, yes, sir, and thank you, thank you, and or teachers and derelks whatever it might be.
Speaker 4: Segment.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. You're welcome. I let's continue with more coming up after the break. Is an experts how we see on China American relations and what we should do on news Radio seven hundred WULW by Bill cunning in The Great American. Of course, what's happening out between the United States and China is a great concern. It appears the largest tariff, about one hundred and twenty five percent, is going to be used against China, which is going to hurt them a lot more than their tariffy's going to hurt us. But nonetheless, one has to examine the kind of government we're dealing with. We can't agree everything, but I think Canada and Mexico, the EU certainly more in line with our values, so to speak, than what happens in Communists read China and Art to Ali is called the tim Plan, which applies Christian responsible investing to everything, including the Chinese Communist Party in China. And first of all, Art Alli, welcome, I think for the first time to the Bill Cunningham Shaw heart and to understand that you're a good friend of Ken Blackwell. It's been a friend of mine for a very long time. I see Ken on the road now and then, so you must be a great American. But first of all, let's describe what is China today, because we anticipate that there's somehow they think they're going to take over the world. They float hot air balloons over the top of us, they have fed all over the country. Supposedly, they have malware and all of our important communication systems.
Speaker 11: They're not our friend. Art described China as it is constituted today.
Speaker 4: Well, they're a communists nation and they always think they're going to take over the world, and at times it looks like they might, but not Now. You know, Communism, as you well know I am sure, is a i'm a system that is destined to failure every single time. But you know, we do have a Timothy plan. We've got nineteen different funds, one of which is an international fund, and all of them are managed by outstanding money management firms. But we do the research in house to tell them what they cannot own for our shareholders. And when it comes to China, I kind of tried to figure a way around it years ago and said, well, you know, if it's privately owned company, and you like it, maybe we can invest in it, but if it's communist owned, we will not touch it with a ten foot pole. And then you know, I finally came to the understanding and conclusion. Man, when you're under communism, they control everything, no matter who things, they own it. So we will not invest in any company in China.
Speaker 1: What about American company so to speak, I'm thinking of Apple or Tesla that have deep connections with the Chinese government. I have an Apple Phone. I don't drive a Tesla, don't care much for evs, I like hybrids, I like Chevy Blazers. How do you respond to those who are like an Apple, that have deep connections or Walmart gets many of their products from China. How do you work around that if at all?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, we screen out Apple for a one hundred different reasons. And I too have an Apple phone because there's the real choice. But Chinese communism, they may give concessions at all, but they don't run that company. You know, it's an American company, it's run here, it's not controlled by the communists. But you know, you're right, we have been so careless for so many years on allowing them to steal our technology and they thought, you know, it's a huge market. It's a huge market because they've got more people than any other nation on Earth. But it's a very poor nation and economically they're hurting.
Speaker 1: Well they are. And I've had Kevin o'larry, who's mister Wonderful on CNBC, etc. Talk about not one hundred and twenty five percent tariff on communist red China. He wants to make it four hundred percent. And Kevin o'lary and Elon Musk has said the same thing. They lie, cheat and steel. There's no functional court system. You have no rights except those given to you by the government. If you object to something, good luck, there's nowhere to go. It's a closed system. Property rights don't exist. You may think you have property, but you do not. They can take it over in a heartbeat. And also on the issue of organ harvesting, this is an issue we'll talk about the Wigers in a moment, which is the obliteration of a religious minority. There's no Catholic or Christian churches allowed to function in China. And talk about the harvesting the organ's inmates and others, of course against their will. And that's not well covered either, is it.
Speaker 4: Oh man, No, it is not in your right on man. There's so much evil that comes out of that regime because human rights are only in a communist nation, whatever whoever sitting on the throne decides are going to be And so organ harvesting that's not a problem for them. Production of fentanyl, that's not a problem for them. In order to take over the world, you have to kind of erode the pillars and foundations upon which any nation is founded. And you know, organ harvesting is I mean, these people ought to be skinned alive for doing that. But the fentanyl, you know, they're the source of that. They were the source of this. Well I don't want to get too critical, but this made up pandemic that we had with the COVID that proved that the government can control everything. It never controlled me, never control our church, never control Timothy Plan. But too many people just kind of saluted and stood in line on that. But China was you know, they're the source of a lot of evil. And why Buddy would want to invest there is beyond me. But there are some of our our I can't call them peers, but you know, our competitors that don't do the moral screening. Man. They have no problem investing in China if they think they can make.
Speaker 3: A buck out of it.
Speaker 4: But you know, at what price are you willing to give up your moral values for me? At my house, we're not at all willing to give them up.
Speaker 1: And you've said in your writings that when you look at what China's done to America, whether it's one hundred thousand Americans killed every year from fentanyl imported from China, we talk about hot air balloons rolling over the top of the country that Biden allowed to occur. You have buying thousands of acres of land around US military bases. You have the COVID coming manufactured by the Chinese, and by the way, American taxpayers helped to create co with the virus inside the lay of COVID nineteen in Wuhan, and no one's been hell to account for that. It is a massive communist enterprise, which, unlike the USSR that had missile technology, this particular communist ideation is a strong economic power and has a military on the ascendency. Why did America get in bed with China in the first place, which you know, thirty five years ago because of so called free trade, we encouraged our manufacturing companies others to move to China, and then thirty years later we're left with this Why did we go down this route at all?
Speaker 4: I guess it's the same reason Bill that my dad, he always told me when I was growing up. He's her son. It's always about the money. And unfortunately in America we have chased that almighty dollar, which isn't so almighty. But I am thrilled with the fact that we have a new Sheri up in town that is trying to straightened out one hundred years of incompetent feelings, and a lot of that had to do with China. So I'm with these other guys man slap a four hundred percent eight hundred percent terraiff. They are going to collapse from within. We don't need to help fund an extension of time for that regime to experience a failure. They're going to effect. But you know, bottom line, we can philosophy about nationalism and all the rest, but the bottom line is every single person is responsible for their own behavior, and so that's why the Timothy Plan exists. I wish we could change America. We're having a bit of an impact. But even if we can't, our purpose is to give people an opportunity to invest according to their convictions and not be concerned they're getting into bed with people like China or American corporations that are involved in abortion, pornography and promoting LGBTQ. I mean, American corporations are nearly as guilty as some of the Chinese ones are.
Speaker 1: Let's say you're a practicing Roman Catholic or a Christian, or if you're a Jew, God forbid in China, and what would happen to a religious person to say, you know what, I want to go to church, I want to build a synagogue, I want to get a mosque. And there's a Muslim minority called the Wigers that are being obliterated by the Chinese government. What religious rights or freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, freedom of the press, do process rights? A functional court system? More or less? What if that does an individual Chinese man or woman have if they want to want to praise the Lord? What happens?
Speaker 4: They have zero rights to do that in China and Chinese have no The regime has no problem of wiping those people.
Speaker 1: Out, killing them.
Speaker 4: But I'll tell you this. The Christians in China are stronger and better Christians than the Christians in America because for us it's too easy. You don't have you know, they put it on the line for their faith and so their faith is real where ours has gotten way too shallow. But that's a subject for another day. But no, you have no rights over there. And as a result of that, you've got a communist regime that is making everybody equally poor, independent and they think that that is the answer to them being in control of everything, but it cannot last.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I look at this thing and I'm thinking, you know myself, that something bad. They have power in a sense over Taiwan. They have power in a sense all the malware they've put in utility companies and communication devices. There's certain things they can do to us indirectly because we've allowed it to happen. And if China's pushed into a corner and there it's pushed up against the wall, do you fear them lashing out by shutting off parts of our communication system, our water systems. They can shut down universities or hospitals, shut down businesses. Are you concerned about They're reality using their malware.
Speaker 4: They certainly have the capacity and ability to do that. Whether it happens or not, I don't know know that. You know, I'm not trying to promote our current administration, but they're taking steps for trying to protect all that stuff, and they're taking heat for it. Believe it or not. They could do that. They could shut down our whole grid. These balloons that came over. If Donald Trump had been in office at that time, that balloon would have never made it over our border.
Speaker 1: No, I never got out of South Dakota.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there you go. So you know we are on the right track. Is it too late?
Speaker 3: I hope not.
Speaker 4: All right, maybe it is, but I hope not. But anyway, you know, individually, we all ought to be really responsible for what we're doing. And if we all do it right, then the rest of everything takes care of itself.
Speaker 1: Art we got to run What is your website? Tell the American people your website.
Speaker 4: All it's real simple, Timothyplan dot com. You know, check the website. We're glad to fill in any information. We don't sell anything. We're there for service, to take care of people. And you know, God gave us this mission thirty one years ago and we're still here and our shareholders are very happy.
Speaker 1: All right, Art, thank you very much for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Thank you, Eric, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Okay, God blessed Bill, thank you for the good work you're doing.
Speaker 1: God bless thank you very much. Once again, America has a big decision to make, which is whether we partner up with communist read China as we've done for the past thirty years to who's benefit, or whether we treat them as we treated the old USSR and now Russia, which are Paria state, which is a prize state, and say we're in a cold wall. And I've remarked before that before nine to eleven, we thought, okay, well, the Al qata declared war on us Osama bin Laden, and we just didn't accept the idea we are at war with Islamic FUNDAMENTALSS murderers. And now we have to decide whether we're at war with a cold war with communist right China. And the answer, of course is yes, they declared war on us about thirty years ago, and we've not properly responded whatsoever because of our desire to have shall we say, six hundred million middle class human beings to use our products. But it hadn't worked out very well at all. In fact, has worked out terribly. And so going back about thirty years, there was China is our number one geopolitical foe. They see us as such, and over the years China's enacted egregious actions against the US. We foolishly and enabled them to end with the World Trade Organization. And once upon a time even Nancy Pelosi was spoke against granting China Most Favored Nation and trade status because she said the trade deficit was too high. And what she said that thirty years ago it was thirty four billion dollars. Now it's three hundred billion dollars a year. And as the mister Wonderfulest set have had them on several times, Larry, he talks about the fact that they run a regime completely inconsistent with not just American values because of the obliteration of religion that's shooting political opponents, but also they lie, cheat, and steel in intellectual properties. So we allowed our markets to be open to them, but they never opened their markets to us. Plus, China obviously is killing large numbers of Americans on a regular basis. I guess. It began about fifteen years ago with a Florida drywall issue and what's drywall from China was rotting in the walls. But then became the Wuhan virus they created in the lab that we paid to create the lab virus, the Wuhan COVID nineteen. We the taxpayer talk to Congress and brad winstrip about that is investigation. We paid the money that created the virus that killed over a million Americans. They've never admitted anything to that effect. No lawsuits can be filed against them because they don't have a court system. They'll let foreigners in. So began small with a China drawwall issue. Then it became the Wuhan virus, and they had quite a laugh about that one. And now it's on the killing Americans through fentanyl. One hundred thousand a year, all out of communists are at China. Do it for Jack quell dot com? Do it for Jack one of one hundred thousand Americans killed every year by fentanyl. So they're literally killing us directly and indirectly. And now we're told that we can't have a tariff against them because tariffs are bad. If tariffs are so bad. How come all the world uses tariffs? And if the goal is to hurt the American consumer, why wouldn't those foreign nations want those things to happen. Of course they don't. China is in a cold war with US. Forget about for the moment, the hot air balloons all over the country, buying up, landing around US military basis. Just between the COVID nineteen unleashing that on the world along with fentanyl, you know exactly what they're talking about. And right now China is marching. If it takes a thousand years, a thousand years, they're going to defeat America. And we're worried about the midterms. And right now, an hour or so ago, the president head, the leader of El Salvador in the office where twist ourselves into a pretzel, worried about an MS thirteen gang member put in El Salvadore prisons. And according to the lawyer for this Garcia, this MS thirteen gang banger, he's in the wrong prison gang and he might be treated harshly in Al Salvador by the other prison game gang. Unbelievable. And the hundreds of billions of dollars in trade Davis's with China. They use that to create one belt, one row strategies, basically operating alone in the world, and we're supposed to play ball with that outfit and what's right, I don't see it. We have to treat them the way we treated the USSR between what nineteen nineteen forty five or so and nineteen ninety one, it took about forty six years. We brought him down economically, and the same thing must happen. Now. It's sad, it's sick. It's the way things are. But they're not our friends and they're never going to be our friends. And we have to fight the Chai cooms as we fought the USSR in one And I don't think jijial Ping is concerned about midterms, concerned about CNN. He's concerned. If it takes a thousand years, we're going to win this battle. Let's continue with more news next. Red's off today, back out of Tuesday Wednesday, earlier game on Thursday because of seattles in town. Bill Cunningham, the Great American with you and all of the great Americans every day on News Radio seven hundred. That what you all do?
Speaker 6: Oh, Neil Cruz swings the first pitch, slow roller to Ellie. He's got it, fires to first in time, and that's it. Red's what it to nothing. They blanked the Pirates this afternoon here at Great American Ballpark. They sweep the three game series, and the Reds are five hundred eight and eight.
Speaker 1: Hello, quiet, I'm broadcasting. You don't believe it or not, The Reds are ten percent done with the season. Sixteen games. Yeah, about ten percent done. Yep. They're eight and eight, won five of the last six. And for those who didn't have faith like I did a week ago, and Tony Pike and Anie and the rest of them, they're done. They're done. You know, I said, keep hope alive. Right now they're eight and eight eight eight, and everybody's there's nothing to play. Nothing.
Speaker 11: Two games out, Francona, get rid of it, after get rid of Tin out of here, get rid of them. Yeah, I say, Tito's guy questioning Terry, don't even question them.
Speaker 1: Sake yesterday. Oh so Rory McElroy begins, he's gonna win.
Speaker 11: Right, I'm still mentally and physically drained watching that yesterday from Butler Cabin.
Speaker 1: Ten off.
Speaker 11: Oh, he's gonna win the whole number one shot table bogie. He's gonna lose, but he said that afterwards. That got him in the right mind. Then he gets the number number nine and he's four up to the back nine being going. Then he birdie's ten, right, so he's five up. You're thinking, okay, he's gonna win, and unlucky thirteen. Then thirteen knocks it in the creek. He's gonna lose.
Speaker 1: And then Justin Rose says, eleven birdies right, and so now you come up to fifteen. He's got a shot like two hundred and twenty five yards, HiT's a five round, hooks it and all, oh, he's gonna win. But then he misses the eagle put Okay, he might not win, right, And then Justin Rose birdie's eighteen, and then all of a sudden, okay, he's gonna lose. Then seventeen he bird he's he's gonna win. He's got a wedge in his hand on eighteen, hit it on the green in two, but he's gonna win. Now he's gonna lose, it said the bunker. Gonna lose. Then you go to the tee to do it again. I'm thinking okay. And then Justin Rhodes hits it fifteen feet from the hole for a birdie. Okay, he's gonna lose. And then McElroy hits it three feet away in Mexic Then he's gonna win. What the hell is it? Segment? I don't know, Willie.
Speaker 11: I was physically and mentally drinking after that and watching that for the last two and a half hours, exhausted, and I wasn't even playing the game. Now, I wasn't hitting the golf ball, but I'm thinking, I mean, he's win that, goulna win, win, win, He's gonna win.
Speaker 1: Day, He's gonna win. Then he's gonna win.
Speaker 11: And it's like then he goes to a playoff, and I'm thinking if he if he loses a playoff, he's gonna jump and raise creek.
Speaker 1: He's gonna gargan and float to the Gulf of America and he wins to become the sixth player of all time? Can you name the other five segment? Will heave?
Speaker 11: The Stuote Reporter is a proud service every local tame Star Heating their conditioning dealers Tamestar quality.
Speaker 1: Of cand feel.
Speaker 11: In Cincinnati, col Schmid Heating and Cooling five one, three, five, three one, sixty nine hundred sparts. What that other career grand slammers Willie Gene sarasn You remember him?
Speaker 1: May I give them to you? Ben Hogan number two in nineteen fifty three, The Black Night, Gary Player, the Golden Bear, Jack is back, Tiger unbelievable.
Speaker 11: And what was unbelievable? He did it? What twenty some plus years ago? Twenty five years.
Speaker 1: They haven't had one since in the last amazing in the last sixty years, they've had two. Not Watson, not Lee, Trevino, not Nick Fudo, not Sevy, not your Greg Norman, none of the greats ever. But Rory got it done.
Speaker 11: And he was shaky, shall we say, but he did what he had to do when he had to do it. You're not kidding, I don't know. I mean you play the game and everything else. I mean you play for five dollars five dollars a week or something, don't you. I won like fourteen dollars on Saturday from Tino, from a guy named Mike and a guy named Tony. But he's going to go to the Masters forever. He won four point two million dollars.
Speaker 1: Not bad.
Speaker 11: He gets a trophy, the exact trophy that he was holding.
Speaker 1: He get.
Speaker 11: The thing is the jacket, gets the jacket. He gets the jacket, and he's going to be walking around now as a Grand Slam winner and a Master's champion.
Speaker 1: I mean, he doesn't get any better now, he's a master of the universe. Oh, as far as living, you have, Tiger's alive. Jack's alive, barely, Gary's live, and he's alive. In fact, the only ones not with us are Ben Hogan and Gene Sarason. Correct. So at some point, I mean Jack's not looking good, would you agree? Uh?
Speaker 11: Good, Well, he was looking at the when he when he opened the tournament.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 11: I'm as happy he didn't fall over teeing it up. Eighty five years old. Now he's the greatest major champion of all time. Yes, but Tiger Woods is the greatest golfer of all time. There's a difference. Oh, I don't know what to tell you, but uh, Roy McElroy yesterday. I mean CBS had to get an unbelievable rating for that because that was a roll. That was a roller coaster of golf more than anything else.
Speaker 1: I mean, it was he was, like you said, he's gonna win. He's up four. You know it's gonna cruise to the back nine. No, no, no, you're gonna lose. He's gonna win. He's gonna lose. This he done, and it's like he won. How about Caitlin Clark basketball player apologizing for being white. She said, I'm a beneficiary of white privilege. I'm telling you give it up, stop it. I can't wait that we got the with the w NBA drafters. Wait tonight tonight, Oh boy, Willy A Hunter Green seven sparkling innings. Yesterday the Reds complete that sweep of the Pirates. Get out the broom, Jim Day Green was dealing again, struck out eight walked one on two hours and three minutes unhittable and the games between two hours and two hours twenty. That's what you need, and that's what god unless you're playing in the Masters with McElroy then and d Shambeau collapsed.
Speaker 11: And how about d Chambeau's saying that Rory never talked to him at all. I guess because you live golf right live. Yeah, Now what happens if d Chambeau would have won? Does that give legitimacy to live golfer. Does that lift them up? And you know it's like, hey, the live golf guy you know, comes in and he won the US Open last year, won the Open. But they did not speak, and de Chambeau was kind of asked, what did you talk with him? What do they want to talk? Where they got to talk about how the White Family live, live right, live live versus the PGA, the PGA, the Evil Empire beat the upstarts, Green's the e r A. Now Willie is a microscopic zero point nine to eight. He's allowed one earned run in three starts so far. Red's pitching yesterday retired the final twenty three they faced not bad pirates stand.
Speaker 1: And they get their team back later this week.
Speaker 11: Stevens think Summer back Santiago Espinal, whether two runs single they reads or eight and eight winning five or six?
Speaker 1: What about Stevenson Day all today?
Speaker 11: Homestead continues tomorrow night against the Mariners former Red Luis Castillo, The Nick Lodolo.
Speaker 1: Segment Night, jimme out the students report, I have Jason Williams coming up. Unless you had some big stuff there.
Speaker 11: Austin Hayes and Matt McClain, Willie are do to be reactivated tomorrow, so we'll see what happened. What about Stevenson, I don't know yet. He's well, he's catching, he was playing. What about McClain was playing shortstop with a catcher's bit. The other day they said, what about McClain. McLain should be back, he should be reactivated tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Lost hurt his thumb, his hamstring, his knee, his ankle, his ear lobe. What's next that I don't know? Say give me out of the stude report.
Speaker 11: Willie was on this day, fourteenth of Ape eighteen sixty five Lade Lincoln assassinated Ford's Theater by.
Speaker 1: John Wilkes Booth. How about this day with Pete Rose nineteen twelve You forgot?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: The Titanic.
Speaker 11: Later tonight, on April the fourth teenth, nineteen twelve, the Titanic hits the Iceberg sinks at twenty minutes till at midnight Eastern time. Nearer my God to thee and then a happy heavenly birthday did the hit King Peter Edward Rose four fourteen forty one Bingo and also Willie. We say condolences to the Tommy Helms family. Yeah, good man, Tommy. Emma's passing away yesterday at eighty three because of him, Joe Morgan came to Cincinnati. That's right segment. He was in her manager twice twice. Get me out of the student's report, will you, and out of a beautiful day here in the trist Eate. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stewd dripord all.
Speaker 3: I should be with you. Bill, Let's see you later.
Speaker 1: Governor Mike DeWine scheduled to come on later this week. Yeah, on seven hundred WLW. Let's continue, Jason Williams. Of course, the Reds are off today, back out of Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with Seattle. The Mariners are in town. But of all, Jason, I listened with interest your interview last week with Senator A Blessing of more or less Corane Township, one of the three state senators from the Hamleton County are not very keen on the Bengals deal at all. And then I had on a couple hours ago State Rep. Adam Byrd who's the assistant majority floor leader. He is at the table with Matt Huffman, the Speaker, and with the Governor, and with the State Senate President and long in The short of this is, it doesn't appear likely unless things change fundamentally. Any money's coming from the state, especially out of general revenue money, that's not going to happen. And he laid out the idea that the Browns the headlines where the Browns are getting six hundred and sixty million dollars. Then he laid out what that was, which was a bonding authority. He also laid off that the vacant land in southern Tyhoe County doesn't exist, generates no sales tacks. And now this deal with Jimmy Hanslom, he's been working on it for two years with the legislature, is going to hold the state harmless of lost money, including a fifty million dollar escro is going to grow in time. In other words, they said, there's no relationship between that deal and simply writing a check to the Bengals of the county. Explain why you think this deal is a non starter.
Speaker 3: Well, because really what you just said, I mean, this is what three hundred and fifty million dollars just to just coming ask with your hand out and no strings attached, give us three hundred and fifty million dollars to upgrade the stadium, and it all sounded really good. And I heard the niche Streehouse on with you last week, and I give her credit, and she's trying like crazy on this, and I think that I think that's a pretty good deal idea not deal, idea to one third from the county, one third from the state, and one third from the Bengals slash NFL slash private side of things. And that sounds really neat and it's certainly much better than last time around. But I think, you know, really, in reality.
Speaker 1: That's.
Speaker 3: That's not how things are going to go, or at least that's not It takes all three, all three parties there to be aligned on that one third one third, one third, and as of right now, it only sounds like the county is interested in doing that.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: And so I'm not sure where it goes from here, Willie, I really don't, because you're right. I mean, I had Senator Blessing on I was filling in for Eddie and Rocky last week, and he's very much aligned with the governor. He and I talked in this back at the turn of the year. I believe just had a couple of conversations behind the scenes just on the phone talking about you know, he knew this was coming up this year.
Speaker 1: He knew there was going to be an.
Speaker 3: Ask and his big thing was, you know, let's let's figure out a different way to do this. And the governor, obviously that has said, yeah, let's look at taxing, you know, sports, sports gaming. What's the other tax now, marijuana.
Speaker 1: He wants to increase the marijuana.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. And you know, and so almost like you know the quote sin tax, you know, you tax, you tax kind of things that are on the periphery that a lot of people are going to you know, we're going to spend money on it, no matter how much it costs, And so why not try to get that extra money there instead of just taking it out on the general public in a in a sales tax it certainly it wouldn't be a sales tax from the state, but the sales tax a sales tax. Increy, we're already we're already taxed to death here in Hamilton County. I think we're at the second highest in the state of a sales tax, next to Kayahoga County, and we might be number one. The last time looked at I think we were two an you think you think, all those years ago, Willie, how much pride uh uh. You know, people who lived in Hamilton County took in the fact, oh you know, those other those other urban counties in the state are much more expensive to live in than ours is. And that's all changed now. And a big part of that has been and I'm not blaming at all on that, but a big part of that has been the stadium tax and has since a sales tax increase. It's going to be there forever, and really, Willy, at the end of the day, that's never going to go away, so that that money is always going to be there for the Bengals and Reds, and that's where the county's coming from.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 3: No one's saying, let's take this back to the ballot, let's change this, let's reduce it to the Bengals, and the county always know that that's going to be there in perpetuity. And so now they got to figure out because it's all about timing, and it's all about you know, the Bengals need nearly or want nearly a billion dollars worth of upgrades and eight hundred some million to the stadium, and so how much time is that going to take to get to that point? And then you know, if you knock out four hundred million over five years, then you're like, well, there's now other issues, and so you know, it's just an ongoing thing. And so that's the big question is, uh, you know, where's that kind of one time chunk of money going to come from? Really, you know, they're kind of hammer away at that eight hundred million dollars worth of those upgrade that you know, sort of in a shorter period of time than over the course of a longer lease.
Speaker 1: And when I look at it, when I speak to my Republican friends in Columbus, I have pretty good sources there. They hate tax increases. They're against tax increases. They don't want to go marijuana ten to twenty. They don't want to have this so called gambling tax go up. They don't want to do that. Hell, these Republicans are against tax increases. And over the weekend, viveg Ramaswami and David jos both came out against this, and the Governor Dwaine has repeatedly said no, he's got the line on in veto, which means, uh, you've got to get sixty percent to overturn it, and that's not going to happen. And so you got ten weeks to get this done completely, which is here we are April the fourteenth. Tax day is tomorrow, but June thirtieth is the capital budget is done, and that's a two year budgeting and so it's got to be done by then. And the Bengals can renew the lease for two years by sending an email and to keep the same terms for two more years. Now we're into twenty twenty seven, twenty twenty eight, and a pundit one said that the taxpayer who pays most of the bills can't afford to go to the games anyway, and we're talking about eight to nine games total, and the Bengals have to have a come to Jesus meeting with somebody. Well, I tell you, I want to get your perspective to make sure the same as mine that the big question is this, when push comes to shove and the state's not going to put in their money, what happens? Jason Williams, where's the deal?
Speaker 4: Deal?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 1: Will maybe Katie Blackburn be seen outside of some other NFL stadium, a hat in hand, moving the team. What happens about minute remaining, what happens then Jason Williams, Well, Mike Brown here in Baltimore, Well, what's going to happen?
Speaker 3: So that's a that's an eight hundred million dollar question there. That is the question, what is going to happen. I do believe the state is gonna the state's gonna come up with some money. I don't think it's going to be turning a fifty million. There is also a capital budget where you know, that's where all these projects come hand out and the state rights check, so you know there certainly will get some money from that. I don't know how much they would get from that. Look, I truly believe the Bengals aren't going anywhere, certainly as all as long as Mike Brown's in charge, They're not going anywhere. I could see a day maybe where Katie and Troy are the owners of the team, and you know, maybe if they were to sell, the team would to go somewhere. I don't I'm not not scaring anyone here. I don't think they have any intentions of doing that. But that's the only that's the only way I really think the Bengals are ever going to move. And I think it's to be clear too, the Bengals, you know, they're not like what Katie said a few weeks ago about that they could go in. I think she was literally just she was being a lawyer. She was literally just saying, this is what you know could happen by the book, right, is that they're they're not tied to any another lease anything else. There's nothing beneficial yet. I don't think she was saying that in the context of like, oh, we're threatening to leave or we're looking to leave, and so right did I asked some reporters that were there and that like the tone that was really the tone that they got as well. But it wasn't nearly as hard, you know, hard hitting as it kind of red in print necessarily.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll see what happens. But I went to Bengals to stay here for the next thirty to forty years. But according to the state, the deal must change fundamentally and much changed quickly to get it done. But Jason Williams, once again, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Jason, You're a great American. Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Thank you, my friend.
Speaker 3: Give a segment a hug for me, see you.
Speaker 1: I got my arms around him. Now let's continue with more news. Next to Rome with the Reds not playing today, Back Out of Tomorrow on News Radio seven hundred ww