Speaker 1: Hello, welcome to this episode of Hammering Now. I'm my host Caro Hodges. I'm hoping you're having a great, great day. A couple of things where we get into this episode. This is just gonna be talking about Indie eleven. We're not really going to get into the upcoming Louse City match. However, there are a good contingency of fans going to lou City away So if you are looking to go to an away day, there's a lot of Legion fans playing to make this trip. So going up there Lynn family is awesome. It's a great time. I'm not gonna be able to go, but I wish I could. I hope you all enjoy your trip up there. Apparently there's this really good food spot on the way, so I on the tag team in with the Magic Sua Brigade and check that out. A couple of things in terms of the two team and the women's team. Women's team just got a nice to one win over one Knox, getting a little revenge over their one nil defeat last time. They are playing tomorrow on the tenth against Asheville City, So go watch the women's team there. There might be a venue change if it is moved to oh gosh, was If it's moved to the other venue, allegedly it will be free to enter. If it's at the Valley, I think you at the page just a small fee. But if it's at the different venue allegedly is going to be free. If you want to go watch the two team, you should. They are undefeated in one of the most highly contested divisions in all of USL League two, the Central the Central South South Central Division only gets one playoff spot, and right now Legion are on top of the table with thirteen points, completely undefeated or undefeated with only one draw. Then there's Dot That United who have twelve points through also through five matches, and then there's Actual City, who the twos the Hammers are taking on on Wednesday. They are completely undefeated, completely undefeated, four wins four matches with twenty one goals scored. Not bad, zero conceded. That's right, they have scored twenty one goals and conceded zero. They're a good team, So go check out that match. Whoever wins that match is in the driver's seat to make the playoffs. There's only one team that gets out. There's a wild card possibility. But unlikely because everybody's just beating up on each other. Because the South Central is that good. So check it out, enjoy it. Like, go watch the two best teams in the South Central. Go at it. Ashville City is where we got Seba trek Arthen, so you could be watching the former or a future Legion player for Ashville City and Legion too. The Hammers are absolutely future Legion players. That's like the whole point. So go watch the future, have a good time. Let's go see it. Now, before we get into the Mark Briggs postgame presser, which if you haven't heard it, oh my gosh, you need to because we're about to listen to it, I want to talk about what happened in the second half with the match getting stopped and briefly delayed due to derogatory chance. In the point they don't say section, there was a derogatory chant on goalkicks, the P word in the Spanish P word was being used, and in a lot of circles that is viewed as a derogatory, homophobic chant. Okay, and it did stop the game. Now, let me make a couple of things clear. The Magic Sea Brigade had zero percent to do with that zero opposite side satium the other poper point, they don't say from the people that I talked to. According to them, the people who were doing that chance were not regular. There are kind of new people that joined into the fray and started doing it. So don't just broadly say that they are bigots or hateful people. Don't just broad strokes say that they are bad. Okay, so apparently it was brand new people. It just just kind of want to say that as well. Whether you believe that that word is just a just a word, or if you believe that it's hateful, you know, that's not me for me to tell you. Talking to a lot of my friends who are native of Mexico and Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic, like I asked them individually and I was like, this word, like, does it mean what the connotation of what we hear it means? And they're like kind of yes, kind of no, it's it's not exactly used that way. How that word is commonly used to refer to someone who is homosexual. But they're like, but it's not really that meaning. But if you talk to someone who's in the LGBTQ plus community, they will tell you is a super hateful word, super harsh word. I'm not here to tell you what the word means, what it doesn't mean. I'm not from Mexico. I know if you hear my voice or you see me kind of pacy white, or if actually are watching me, I'm probably about as red as the hoodie I'm wearing. Sunburns are fun. But I'm not here to tell you what that word means, because I don't know the complexities of the ins and outs of either community. I'm a straight white guy. I'm not here to tell you what it means. However, FIFA has said that derogatory chance will cause matches to be delayed. And guess what the match was delayed after legion We're knocking on the door. They were absolutely the better team they were at that point when the match was stopped. That was the best they had played all night. All night, they were absolutely on the front foot, and the match gets stopped. Whether you believe it is just a word, or if you think it's just a fun thing to do, or if you believe it's the most hateful thing that could be said. If you are in one of those three camps, it doesn't really matter because the game got stopped. The game got stopped. So if you're saying just get over yourself, don't be such a pansy get over it. You cause the match to get stopped. So your selfishness of using that word and saying get over yourself hurt the team. Are you there to support the team or for you to yell something when a goalkeeper kicks something? If you're there to yell a specific word when a person kicks the ball, and that's the only reason you go, are you a Legion fan? That's what I'm gonna say. Okay, whether you believe that the word has meaning or not, it hurt the team. It's plain and simple, clear cut. That's all there is for me. I'm not here to tell you the complexities of the background of that word. Talk to someone who is in either community LGBTQ plus or the Hispanic community. Talk to them individually. They'll give you a picture of their side. I'm not a part of either community, so I'm not the person for you, but i will tell you We've seen that word cause national teams to lose fans from watching their club, and it caused Legion to lose all of their momentum in a match they ended up losing. Hurt the team, hurt, the fans, hurt everybody. Don't do it cool? All right, So let's go ahead and jump into this Mark Briggs postgame presser because this was a fun one. I'm going to try to tell you the context of these questions because you can't really hear them still, so I want to try to give you just a little bit of context, a little bit of background.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought, I thought the first half, first fifteen minutes, we let ourselves down. And when you play against a mature team, when you play against a good team.
Speaker 3: You can't do that.
Speaker 2: And we started the game off shopping, We don't run the player we're supposed to run.
Speaker 3: And then for the first fifteen.
Speaker 2: Minutes we were second best second gear people jogging, no intensity. They score, and then they're a good defensive side.
Speaker 3: They're sitting in a block and make it difficult.
Speaker 4: You know, you talk about the first fifteen minutes. I think just about every single week since you've been here. What is it about the first fifteen minutes the first half that doesn't seem to go into the first fifteen minutes of the.
Speaker 2: Second Yeah, I thought, second half. I thought they showed a better energy that we had. Just did a few things tactically and it helped us and we created chances. But then if you don't hit the target, you don't score goals. But the first half, yeah, the first fifteen minutes is where we lost the game. We didn't start well and we find ourselves losing a game one nil that we shouldn't be losing.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I think you could actually hear me ask the question on that one, so you may not need me to give like what I said. Basically, I just asked, like, why is this the continuous problem? Why is the first fifteen minutes just the thing? And honestly, I want to just kind of point out here that it is a continuous problem. And he is mentioned that it's slopping the first fifteen minutes. It's constantly an issue. We're there's a more interesting soundbites in there that I want you to hear as we go through, but just kind of keep that in the back of your mind. Of it was sloppy. They didn't run the places they were supposed to run. They were jogging. They weren't showing that intensity, they weren't showing energy and the first fifteen minutes lost the match. I want you to keep that little bit in your brain as you are listening to the rest of this.
Speaker 4: Obviously at Left Baggers Darts team and who you know leasing to join the club, you don't have a single left footed fullback at the club right now due to international and due to injury. How did what did you try to overcome that? Obviously it's very talent. It's hard to putting crosses when you're.
Speaker 3: Not left footed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so if you couldn't really understand, basically every single left footer at the club is currently gone injured or international duty. Romy's beinwell, Dawson, Moses Off and aj Patterson. All five, all five possible left foot players who can play left back are gone. And I asked about Sintino Centina. No Centino, there we go. I asked, like, he's a right footer, he wasn't able to put in crosses. How'd you ever come that? Here's what he had to say.
Speaker 2: You just have to like, look, we're we're missing Dawson, we're missing Ras, We're missing Fanny, we're missing aj.
Speaker 3: Am, I missing anywhere, Moses.
Speaker 2: You know, like we had to we had to piece together a back line for tonight, and quite honestly, I don't think the back line was the problem other than a couple of couple of sloppy plays towards the end of the game. Other than that, I don't think the back line was the problem. To be honest, I thought we they defended what they had to defend quite well. You know, the attacking players. We have to be better in that part of the field.
Speaker 1: So I mean, yeah, I mean, listen, if you're looking at what they were able to do, Indy, they only create about a half goal worth of chances, and obviously they end up scoring a goal, but they only created about half of that. They only created about a half goal chance. And according to x G it is the defense did their job. They did their job. So I think the next well, I don't even remember what the next question is, but still, I mean, I thought they played great. Jake looked wonderful at you know, so did Oh my gosh, Thiago. Thiago looked great. Steven Turnbull played really really well, and we'll get to him at the very end. It's going to be fascinating to hear. And then Cintino, I mean, the issue with Centinno was that everybody on the planet knew that he was not going to put in a cross. He would stop the ball about if you're looking at the eighteen yard box, about the middle of the eighteen yard box on the touch line, and stop, hold it up, try to dribble to his right foot. Nobody respected across from him. Everybody knew he was going to hold up the ball. I don't know if he can put in crosses with his left foot. I think he might have even put one in in the second half when he was playing right back, which was bizarre, But either way, that's not really important. The important part here is is that there was no threat of across from Centino in the first half because everybody knew he was trying to get it to his right foot. That he couldn't be anybody on a dribble from the left side because everybody knew he was just trying to get to his right foot. This isn't like the prosperous situation of only left foot in this because he could still cut inside and take in a shot because he had Dan Trejo in front of him and Trey Hoo's trying to cut in and get a shot. On his right foot. You were looking at more of a situation like that where unless Trey Hoo is trying to go to the touch line and cross the ball to Centino. It ended up being a massive problem having two right footers on the left side of the ball. Nobody was able to put in crosses. And I asked a question about that.
Speaker 2: Later I realize, yeah, you know, like who who really wanted to score?
Speaker 3: You think about Ronaldo. Ronaldo wanted to score.
Speaker 2: He hit when it comes off the post, he hits another one, he just goes the wrong side of the post. Ronaldo wanted to score. But who really wanted to put the ball in the back of the net. You know, we had chances on the edge of the box a number of players.
Speaker 3: We don't hit the target.
Speaker 2: You know, when you create those moments, when you create those opportunities, you've got to have that roofless edge and you've got to have that desire to put the ball in the back of the net.
Speaker 3: And we didn't have that tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that question was basically just like creating chances, kind of staying in the final third, but not really create Like they had shots, but not a whole lot of them. Field tilt, which we talked about before. Basically, possession is kind of meaningless. It kind of depends on where you have your possession. Legion had very solid field tilt and it didn't really account to much. And just that question of who wanted to score. Rinaldo wanted to score, but who else wanted to score? That is a brutal question to hear. I'm very matter of fact, very fascinating.
Speaker 5: Lasso and so maybe even pasture, you know, go get into that like zone fourteen, take their shot from there and they all go, well, ub a little bit wide, but you know, you take.
Speaker 4: Off the lasso despite he did have bad and want to try to store. How what kind of winds that decision making?
Speaker 1: Okay, so if you couldn't hear, uh, basically he took off Lasso, who had two shots who he kind of did the Anderson as said special of I'm lining one out from thirty and it's going to go about forty above the bar. He had two of those chances, and I asked why I take off Lasto when he was one of the few players in the first half that looked like they were willing to line one up and have a little bit of that bravery and take a shot. Listen to the answer.
Speaker 2: As a as a coach, you got to make decisions. And when when players don't perform at the level that they need to performat, there's going to be consequences. We're not here to we're not here to say pack people on the back and it's a camp and it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Like this is a job. You get paid to do your job. You get paid if you're a midfield.
Speaker 2: Player, to connect passes, to get on the ball, to break up passes, to take shot and hit the target.
Speaker 3: You're an attacking.
Speaker 2: Player, you get paid to score goals, create opportunities, put the fans on the edge of the seats.
Speaker 3: You know, did you just fit? Did you see that? Did you feel that? There you go.
Speaker 2: I just asked them to look in the mirror themselves and come back and tell me because some of us, some of us go home, don't watch the games and don't honestly look at themselves because of that. Look in the mirror and tell me that you're duing your job to the level that it needs to be done at. And if you can say that, good, But if you.
Speaker 3: Can't, so.
Speaker 1: Let's break this one down Timothy Bellen posted this this specific clip or this specific quote just a little bit, and he mentioned like the standards and there are consequences for not doing your job. By the way, again, if you're not falling to following Timothy Bellen on either Blue Skys whatever, you need to be doing that. Oh there's a lot here. With Lasso, I mentioned the fact that he was one of to be people to you know, take chances. What was the first thing that he said, If you're not connecting passes or breaking up passes, you're not doing your job. Lasso had a beast of a night in terms of connecting passes. He was over hitting things. He was not quite on it with his teammates, Grant, there's a little bit of learning curve playing with Steven Turnbull, who he did not connect with a lot. But they were also for a professional standard, I couldn't go out there and hit the shots. So if last TIF you hear this and you say, well can you do that? Talking boy, no, I can't. I can't do anything you do. You would eat me alive. But for a professional standard, he was not hit he was not making the easy passes, and it was killing chances in the first half in terms of breaking up passes. I mean he was sitting deep. He was playing as kind of the standalone quarterback type role where he's supposed to just kind of distribute out, distribute out, distribute out, break up anything going behind you. He wasn't doing that. That was hard. I mean, I don't want to say harsh, but it was straight to the point. It was very pointed. I think the fascinating part here was not what Timothy posted, which was the consequences. The fascinating part was there are people here who do not go home and watch the film. They don't he said, they don't look in the mirror. And I find that fascinating, just the fact that he sits there and says there are people what he's and I want to read between some lines here, there are people here who don't think that they're the problem, and they're not putting in the work because they don't think they're the problem. They're not looking back and seeing their mistakes. They're not seeing the places they can improve. And I'm not going to sit here and try tell you, well, I think it's this guy, this guy, this guy, this guy. But what an incredible statement by Briggs. What a way to use the media to talk to your players. Go home and watch the film. I can tell who isn't If I were to ask you, what did you see here? You didn't watch it to begin with. I mean talk about a guy who's to go after players and hold them accountable. There's accountability in practice, but public accountability it matters. It does. And he's mentioned in previous interviews that there's a careful line to toe when you are a coach like him that is willing to call someone out, but you know, lit someone up. But he said, this isn't a camp. There is no pat on the back. I that is a I think that last half was so fascinating as a coach.
Speaker 4: I mentioned earlier about not having a left footed player on the left side. Was there any consideration to putting passer over on that left hand side, such a humans right over to get some more crosses into.
Speaker 3: The Yeah, at one point there was Actually.
Speaker 2: We were going to do that, and then the ball kept coming out to the right hand side, so we switched Senteno and Steven, so Steven went to the left, senten O came.
Speaker 3: To the right and got a couple of guy a little bit of joy.
Speaker 2: Actually in that last area, and then we couldn't get you know, that final that final push, that final little bit.
Speaker 3: Of look in the box.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's that's something that we looked at and we we didn't we didn't quite pull the trigger, but we we looked at it.
Speaker 1: It was spoken, so I mentioned maybe moving passer over to the left hand side to get crosses in, to at least make that a little bit dangerous because there were no threats as I mentioned earlier, with Fanwell being out and he got two starts, by the way, for the Rwanda national team. Uh didn't have a single start or a single appearance for a national team. At the right page of thirty two, he gets his. He gets not just two cats, but two starts for the national team. Super cool to seeper Fanwell. Congratulations Fanwell. But you know we mentioned not having the left footer footers. Romy's is probably gonna be out for just a more more. Not sure about a concrete timeline for AJ. He's not gonna be able to play a full ninety any time soon. We Moses is apparently a few weeks away. Not really too positive about Dawson, So you're looking at a very bare bones left handed side lineup. I wouldn't be shocked to see if we get a little bit more of the classic Tommy. Soon we're switching wingers all the time. Thing this upcoming match again Slu City, where we see Pasture go over to that left hand side trail, go to that right hand side and make those switches so they can switch. The idea of these inverted wingers who are cutting inside, and then some that stay true and have wing backs that cut inside. Because Turnbul and Sentento are very accomplished, they can cut inside. They can do that very well. Maybe have some that stay on that outside flanks and they can cross in. Have at least pastor be a threat to cross some stuff in. I think that's something to watch. We'll be interested to see if they continue doing so.
Speaker 2: I just remember it ricocheting to the edge of the box. I can't remember how we got there. I'll have to watch the film and take.
Speaker 3: A look at it.
Speaker 2: But it ricochets to the edge of the box, and then we you know, he's hitty and it's gone right in the bottom corner. I just I thought we could have put better pressure on the shot. I thought we could have reacted a little bit better to block the shot. Last week, I see four or five six players throwing their bodies on the line in front of shots. This week, I didn't see one person putting their body on the line to block the shot.
Speaker 1: Okay, so two parts of this not just on Twitter, so this is not me calling some of my own Twitter at all this And I also because I also heard it in real life a lot. I heard it from a lot of fans kind of talking to them at halftime and a little bit postgame about they thought that m VO Matt Vanocle looked a little bit slow. And the video doesn't massively disservice because he does just kind of fall slowly. But he mentions no one in the midfield put brusher on the ball. I think that's a Lasso comment, just to be honest, because we mentioned how he's been. He's the one that's sitting deep piece at CDM. I think that's kind of a lasto comment. He also mentions that none of the defenders really stopped to block the ball. If you follow me on Twitter, you'll see that opposed like there were several players, the ball just kind of went by and it went through like a screen of people that Matvin Okle kind of had to say center because if it deflects off of a Legion player and he's already he's already dove to his right, he can't save a ball that deflects to his left. He has to kind of react to and expect a deflection, because everything should tell you with the crowd of people that's going through that it's going to hit something. It hit nothing, and it went pretty much as far right corner as it can. I do think there's a conversation of starting del Gatto or giving him more starts, but I think using that play as the reason to start del Gatto is not the right one because I don't think del Gato saves that ball either or not because it's in banger. But look at all the bodies and went through without touching them. Matt van Okele was playing a the like this shot, as he should have, because you think that with the amount of people went through, an indie player on the floor, a player in the middle of a Legiant player in the middle of the box, another Legion player who's kind of on the back side, somebody's going to get touched to that ball. No one got touched the ball ended up right corner. It looks bad on Mvo just kind of the way he falls, but that appearances doesn't mean that it was bad, if that makes sense. He doesn't blame Matt Banokele. He doesn't see that he needs to be more on his toes. He mentions closing down the shot and someone needs to block the ball. He also mentions five six players putting their body on the line for the ball, which leads to my next question.
Speaker 4: Was there a little bit of that because it was a cup match, because it was Jacob Meister and this is just the regular season you have, you know, sixty more matches to play.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter that it doesn't matter. That's the that's the problem. That's the problem right there, right there.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter whether you're playing in the Yogermeister Cup, whether you're playing in the USL, whether you're playing in the Open Cup, whether you're playing a preseason friendly. Every time you put this jersey on the standards, and if those standards aren't met, then we have to make.
Speaker 1: Changes after I want to replay that for you in.
Speaker 3: The Open Cup.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter whether you're playing in the Yogermeister Cup, whether you're playing in the USL, whether you're playing in the Open Cup, whether you're playing a preseason and friendly. Every time you put this jersey on the standards, and if those standards aren't met, then we have to make changes.
Speaker 1: If that doesn't make a Leegiant fan want to run through a brick wall, I genuinely don't know what will. I genuinely have no idea what would not make Allegiant fan want to run through a brickwall? After that, I think that he's being super clear here. I asked the question, did five six players put their body on the line because it was a cup match? That was the problem. That's the problem right there. Quote Mark Briggs. I that could not be a clearer message to me. It could not be a clearer message to me. I thought that was an awesome moment for fans listening, but it needs to be a real moment for the players and whatever's causing those slow starts, the intensity that not willing to quote unquote die for the shirt. I don't know. I'm not a coach, I'm not a professional athlete and I never will be. I'm just I'm just a guy who bought like a freaking eighty dollars microphone and pay for a stream yard subscription. I'm not special here, but you know, I think what Briggs is saying very straightforward right now is just like the intensity was there for FC Tulsa. Everybody knew was a cup match, everybody knew that if you lose, you die, and people were willing to fight for that. Why didn't it happen here? Pretty cut, pretty clear cut for Briggs here, And I thought that was a fascinating answer that I think Legion Vance needed to hear.
Speaker 4: After one of the best spells that you had tagging tonight, the match is the way because of some offensive chance go inline.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to ask you to comment on their.
Speaker 4: Specifically, but what did you have to do to talk to your team to keep them engaged after seeing their best chances get immally that.
Speaker 2: Momentum down there, it came at a at a really bad time for us, Like you say, it stopped our momentum, and we had to keep them engaged and keep them focused and keep them, you know, keep them going. Essentially, Yeah, I you know, I didn't. Honestly, I was You're that engrossed in the game that I didn't necessarily hear what was what the chance was or whatever was said, but obviously the referees heard it. The officials heard it. So I think, you know, like we have, we have great support, but can we can we support in a positive way with a positive energy and keep the flow of the game going.
Speaker 4: Just finally, with.
Speaker 2: A lot of work, we've got to We've got to come in tomorrow and come in Friday and you know, get get our work in and look at video and analyze and then we we gotta we got to try and put our put our strongest foot forward as well as we had to. Louis all the best in the second right now, aren't they them? And Charleston and Loud and the top three teams in the league, And it's going to be a difficult place. They don't lose, they don't lose many games away, but it's a massive challenge for us, and I want to see which players can rise to that challenge. I want to see which players are excited by going there and trying to put on a performance and trying to compete against one of the best teams in the league.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, gets his first nine season, his first start since I pass performance.
Speaker 2: I thought, I thought you did great. I was at he really pleased with Steven. Steven's been through health. He's had an illness that's really serious, and he lost an awful lot of weight, and he's been battling through a lot. So for him to for him to you know, get himself back medically and healthy and put the weight back on and get back to his playing weight, it's took an awful lot of work. And I was really pleased to see him perform at the level he did and go for ninety minutes. What he's been through has been really difficult. So I'm really really proud of him and pleased for him. I just wish that we could have gotten the three points.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So you know, there's been a lot of talk about Turnbull, and you know, in the last episode, I thought that maybe he was going on the chopping lot because you know, all official sources are just saying he wasn't playing, and you're wondering what was going on behind the scenes the tactical. Was there an attitude issue. Nobody besides the team knew that he was sick, that he was ill, And this is where I wanted to just throw my hands up. I want to raise my hand right now and just say that's on me, right Maybe I should have reached out. Granted, if I knew there was an illness, I would not disclose that because that's a very personal matter to Turnbull, but maybe just kind of shift the narrative a little bit of there's a reason why he's out. Can't dive into it, but I want to raise my hand and say that's my fault. But for him to speak glowingly about Turnbull and about how well he did and the road of recovery from an illness where he loses significant weight and how he had to get back, I mean, it's it definitely puts things into perspective for him. And what was really interesting is as he was walking off the pitch, I was in the tunnel waiting to go to the press conference, and he was disappointed, Like he was really disappointed. You would expect like a little smile out of a guy who has been through as much as Briggs as said he has to get his first ninety minutes in since he was with another club, none of that, But it was just pure disappointment of not winning. That's a competitor man, That is absolute competitor. That's an absolute kind of a dog, honestly. Yeah, wonderful to hear that about Steven. Love to see him grow and I can't wait to see him play more matches for US.
Speaker 3: And the last one he mentioned.
Speaker 2: You were with Sacrament.
Speaker 1: You had a lot of dogs of results.
Speaker 5: Going into anything throwing results as well.
Speaker 4: What does it take to go into one of the better atmosphere in the US and get again.
Speaker 2: A lot You know, you've got to be tactically smart. You've got to have players that want to play. You've got to have players that have courage to play sitting an intimidating environment. The fans there create a good environment. And Danny is a good friend of mine and a fantastic coach, and he gets his guys organized, he gets them motivated, and they're really difficult to beat at that Linn Family Stadium. But we've got to go there with a plan. We've got to go there with a clarity for our guys, and then we've got to go there with the right mindset, because if you don't have the right mindset, you get eaten up and spat out pretty quickly.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: So with all that, it was a intense press conference to say the absolute least I mean Briggs and not hold back about any of it. And again I've said this before, but when it comes to Briggs, I think that fans are going to love him because he uses the media to kind of call out issues which we did not have prior to him with Coach sone or even Coach Eric for that little bit, and some of it might be lip service to fans of hey, man, we care, we really care. But still, man, you show that intensity and he talks about playing for the shirt every time you put on the jersey and he's only been here month or two month or two He shouldn't. He doesn't need to care as much as he does, but he does. And I think that if you're worried about this year's Legion team, maybe that's valid. But as long as Mark Briggs is the coach, I don't think you're worried about the future of his Legion team. I really don't. And there was some conversation that we saw in the general section of the Magesty Brigade discord, which, again, if you want to talk a lot of Legion ball, I'm in there from time to time, so check that out. You don't have to be a Magicy Brigade member to be in there. You can just join the discord. You don't have access to certain things, but you can just talk ball. It's a lot of fun. Or you know, I saw it on Twitter of like who was that directed at?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Is a guy like Lasso is his day's numbered as a Legion player? Enzo was subbed off, which doesn't happen for Enzo. Is Enzo's time done with the Legion? No, I don't think so. But I do think that Briggs showed that no one's safe. Not a single player was safe. Guys like Enzo would never been subbed off before, only when he was exhausted or about to get a second yellow. That's the only time.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Guys like Lasso, who they paid a fee for to come to Birmingham not safe. He got yanked off at forty five. I think that you're going to see a ruthlessness out of Briggs, especially this next month. I think you're going to see an absolute ruthlessness out of him, especially when we go to Louisville. When Legion go to Louisville, you are going to see just absolute I don't even know how to just say. I think it's just like, yeah, ruthless, And that's the only word I got here, is just ruthless of you weren't good enough. Get off the field. Somebody else wants to play, Somebody else wants to fight. Somebody else has courage, he mentioned courage. Somebody else is more up for this than you are today. They may not be as good as you. You may have over four hundred more appearances as a professional footballer. You may be one of the most technically gifted players that ever graced the us SELL, which we do have a couple of those players. If we're being real, but you're not trying. Players who don't try, I don't win. He's showing that. He's showing that intensity and Legion fans get behind that. Be intense, show you care, bring the noise. If you're going up to Louisville for the match, be loud, be proud, show one of the better away days, the better the way sections that Lynn family gets to see all year. It's going to be a blast. Thank you all so much for listening. If you're going to the WFC match or not the WFC, sorry, the Legion two match. Oh actually I won't be able to be at either. Just kidding. If you see me, say hi, always good to chat ball. I'm always down to a talk ball. So yeah, thank you guys so much for listening to have some guys keep emer on