Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: This segment's brought to you by Hurtado Barbecue, one of the best barbecue joints in all the land. There are locations in Mansfield, Fort Worth, Arlington, two locations in globalife Field, and there's a new location in Dallas at the Farmers Market. And I'm so excited because we are going to be there this Friday. Yeah, we'll be doing a live remote broadcast from the Hurtado Barbecue in Dallas at the Farmers Market.
Speaker 1: And Skin You've been there already, so is KT.
Speaker 2: I'm envious. I've not been there yet. Well, don't worry. You will be there in four days and you are going to be happy. That place is bad ass, and we would love for you to come down in fact Friday, kick off work early and come down and drink some beer too, because they got a great bar, great options. But we love that they carry a couple of Rollertown selections. That's the brewery Ben and I are involved in.
Speaker 1: But the food.
Speaker 2: I went to a new place up north that is mexqu and let me just say it was fine.
Speaker 1: It was fine.
Speaker 2: My wife was like, I would rather drive to Hurtado and eat their food.
Speaker 1: No, it was like me too. And it's no knock on the other people. It just boiled with the best.
Speaker 2: You know, it just ain't Hurtato man, hur Tato. No matter where you're coming from, Her Toato is worth the drive. So I think we're gonna have so if we can invite you guys, anybody listening, come join us Friday at the Farmers Market, the brand new Her Title barbecue location. We'll be there from the broadcast is three to six. We'll be there a little bit earlier than that, and we're gonna have some prizes. We're working on getting some maps tickets. I'm not sure if we have them yet or not, but we will. More information to come on that, but come join us on Friday at the Farmers Market in Dallas for the best barbecue of your life. Yeah, but before we move on to sports, we got to wrap up the SNL concert.
Speaker 1: Yes, so this happened kind of late in the night because this was a it was weird. There's a lot of surprises. You kind of didn't know what was going to happen. Jack White closed the night. But before that, I would say, the music highlight of the night is this, and I will explain through audio here you'll hear Adam Sandler introducing post Nirvana the post Nirvana. So you're going, okay, well, we know that Nirvana played the fire Aid thing with Annie from Saint Vincent. They had who are the other gals? It was Kim Gordon and Dave Girls, Dave Girl's daughter. So I was like, okay, they're gonna do that again. But instead of that, it was Post Malone playing year old Kurt Cobain.
Speaker 3: I'll let you.
Speaker 4: Guys hear how I sound.
Speaker 1: His post He playing guitars at Pat snare.
Speaker 4: I think Pat's doing nap part, but Post does have guitar.
Speaker 1: Playing friends suit. Okay, I have a question. What do you guys want from this? Give him the chorus, give him the chorus. I'm not dissing, okay. First of all, he's got the vibe down, Okay, smoking a cigarette. He's just kind of cool, right, Yeah, Look he looks great, like he's lost a ton of weight. He looks great. Is he wearing flannel so he's got the vibe. Wasn't worried he's just wearing a T shirt. But it was still post he as you know him, but it was it looks like skinny jelly roll. It was like chaotic energy, skinny jellery. Yeah, absolutely chaotic. But the gals last week sounded way better as Kurt Cobain than he did. Both Annie and Violet for sure sounded way closer to Kurt than he did.
Speaker 2: Oka, I have a theory on this, does it matter? Yeah, here's my theory on this. And I hadn't gotten to the chorus yet, but during the verse he sounded to me like he was trying to sound like Kurt. Okay, and so if I'm gonna go see Oatmeal Pizza, that's what I want, because it's a Nirvana tribute band really to make.
Speaker 1: It his own.
Speaker 2: I think it's weird that it's an established artist trying to sound like that. And you mentioned there's no way Kim Gordon and Annie and his daughter are gonna sound like Kurt Cobain because to start with, they're a different sex and seeing in a different range for the most part, right, So just from the jump, there's gonna be natural differences, you see what I'm saying. Yeah, And so it's like, I don't know the answer to the question, but it's just kind of weird to me to go, oh, here's this hugely successful artist kind of trying to sound like I don't know, I don't even know how to process it. I want to go to the person who knows more about this than any of us, and that's Christina care Ray. She's in a Nirvana cover band herself, Oatmeal Pizza. What'd you make of it?
Speaker 4: Well, this isn't so I don't know if you guys remember the Nirvana thing he did. Yes, during COVID he did an entire stream with Travis Barker on drums and I forget who else was.
Speaker 1: On guitar, So this wasn't really a surprise.
Speaker 4: You're like, Okay, Yes, he loves Nirvana and the chance for him to get to play with all the surviving members of Nirvana is huge for him. As for sounding like Kurt, you could kind of see that in the beginning, but he's doing his posty thing. Once you get to the chorus, it sounds like Posty, and then the whole name post Nirvana is just perfect.
Speaker 1: It's kind of cool on multiple levels. So that thing could tour. Can we hear it again? I want to hear it one more time. Did you like that better than Nirvana? Malone? Right?
Speaker 3: Yes, smile, Yeah, that's really hard to sing in it, scream in that loud and screaming like that?
Speaker 1: Dude? How about Post Malone though? What range?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: He can rap, he can put out a country album, he can rock out with Nirvana, Dude, that dude's got incredible range.
Speaker 1: I'm very talent. It's gonna question what do we want to see out of this? Yeah? Like that's a really good question.
Speaker 2: You know what I was sitting here thinking about is I was listening to that. I was like, do you realize how different this would sound if Eddie Vedder was singing it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And I'm just I'm not saying it's good, bad, or indifferent. I'm just like processing it and I'm like, what do you do in that situation? Well, so what I want from it is logistically impossible. I would love to see in Nirvana tour with a bunch of people coming in and singing, but that's just not logistically would not make sense because everyone has their own career. Yeah, but that's what I want from it. I don't know that. Okay, Post Nirvana is playing and they're probably huge, and they're playing the ballpark, you know, I don't know that. I'm like, I gotta be there, But really, because I think Kurt is so much of what Havana is, you know.
Speaker 4: Surviving members in post malone. You're not going to be there to hear them play Nirvana song.
Speaker 2: Pens kind of connections. We got up here, dude. She goes and watches concerts there in a huge empty suite. Yeah, jos I actually went.
Speaker 1: We went to Green Day. I was like, it's pretty nice, had pretty good then.
Speaker 4: I think I think they would sell out.
Speaker 1: But do you want that? Do you want to post Nirvana tour?
Speaker 4: I think this is for people like me who never got the chance to see Nirvana live and you kind of caught on later on in life where you're like, oh, they have an incredible catalog.
Speaker 1: It's so ill doable and the easiest selling thing that this thing would sell out big venues. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: I think that those songs are so uniquely Kurt Cobaine. Yeah, Like nobody wrote songs like that. I don't even know what I would compare it to, Like that is a snapshot of an era. It's a It's perfectly encapsulates what youth, white youth culture was at that time. He wrote songs in a way that nobody else wrote them. And they're so identifiable to him, and then he took his own life. It is such a unique story that is so onto him and probably why what did that happen?
Speaker 1: Thirty twenty five years thirty years ago? Yeah, when did Kurt Cobaine take his life?
Speaker 2: Who won?
Speaker 1: Four one?
Speaker 2: I know they're like ninety six ninety four, thirty years ago, and we're just now getting around to those guys getting together again and doing stuff.
Speaker 1: But that too, Fighters are on a break because he's working some stuff out with his wife. Right. Meanwhile he goes on a big Nirvana tour playing drum Like that's weird too. Yeah. I think it was two of the guys from from the Food Fighters or in post Nirvana. I doubt this is gonna happen, but it did start a little buzz online like hell, are they going to tour this thing? Yeah? And postpones like, guys, they just announced my headlining tour jelly Rolls opening up for me. I've been playing playing my country album all summer? Is he really? Yeah? Okay, I didn't even know that, And jelly roll is absolutely opening for it. It is tattoos lore. That's our sports today.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fantastic all right, there you have it. A big sports weekend. No, and we don't need an inch or anything.
Speaker 2: We could just say before we go, Dude, I didn't watch a minute of the All Star Action and I didn't miss it.
Speaker 1: Did you see the Mac McClung dunk that? Yeah? Did you see his dunk? I did? I mean that was incredible. I saw.
Speaker 2: I didn't watch any of it live, but I did see that on social media and it was an incredible dunk. But I'm like, I miss when it was players that mattered were in the dunk contest, the Stars.
Speaker 1: Stefan Castle was in it.
Speaker 2: I liked, I want to be the guy through the sun roof of the car holding the basketball. I want to be that guy. And then he brought out Evan Mobley. It is funny that a six to two guy jumps over someone and he looks exactly like Froggy Fresh, which is part of the fun. There's a lot of people that turned on the dunk contest and thought that was Krispy Kree.
Speaker 1: You don't know how many minutes he's played this year. I looked it up, so I know it's a fifty three seconds in one game. Airbud has a better box scorer than Mac mcco.
Speaker 2: He's a G League player, and I think he's been in the league for five years, four years or five years, and I.
Speaker 1: Think he stokes. He was a Texas tech guy.
Speaker 2: I think he's played less than one hundred minutes in his entire NBA career. But he's a three time dunk champion. How bad is he at everything else? To where he can only? He can dunk better than anyone on earth, but he can't shoot or dribble. I'm not sure I could be talking out of my butt. I think he won the scoring title in the G League too. He was a decent college player. There's you know you six two okay, that's tough, and he's a six two two guard.
Speaker 1: It's a topic. That's there.
Speaker 2: You go, all right, there is around the sports coming up next?
Speaker 1: Uh, we're gonna have the Today Game.
Speaker 2: It's the only segment of the day that shot me podcasts you must listen live.
Speaker 1: That's next.