Speaker 1: All right, we continue on Fred Rugan, Rodney Pete on a five to seventy LA Sports. He is standing by. Let's not make him wait, Rodney, Let's go to San Diego. Welcome on, David Vase, Dave, good afternoon to you.
Speaker 2: Hey guys.
Speaker 3: All right, Dave, last night game one, I thought it was a It wasn't the prettiest game, but it was a game the Dodgers won, and I thought it was pretty important to get the first one. Did I put too much emphasis on that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I mean, if you just look at the standings, right, it kind of helps the Dodgers assure themselves that they have a very good chance of leaving San Diego in first place. I know the standings say two games, but in the lost column, the Dodgers and Padres were tied going into the game last night, So the Dodgers are a game better in the lost column. And look, last night was one of the most entertaining games you'll see in the month of June. The Dodgers have been playing so many entertaining games over the course of the entire season, but especially the last couple of weeks facing the Yankees and Mets and now coming to San Diego. This is always an emotionally charged atmosphere at Pecco Park, and last night was no different. Even Jackson Merrill from the Padres said it after the game. I know people are upset we lost, but how could you not love that baseball game last night?
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, he's right, He's right.
Speaker 3: The excitement down there in the passion of that crowd, the way it's been the last five six years, has been great.
Speaker 4: Dave.
Speaker 3: I'm watching this on MLB Network of Otani doing a session. Are you watching that? Have you seen that today?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm in the radio broadcast booth. Otani just finished his first inning of a simulated game. They've called up some minor leaguers to face Otani. So yeah, this is something that I knew was going to happen, and that's why I'm here front row seed. Even there are some Padres in the Padre dugout that are drat on the railing, curious to see how this goes. So everybody wants a glimpse of Otani, and I guess MLB Network's getting a free show with their ballpark cam in center field.
Speaker 4: Yeah they are, Yeah, they are. That's exactly what I saw.
Speaker 3: Hey, Dave. Now he's in simulated games in your best guess when might we see him?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Well, Dave Roberts told me on the pregame show two weeks ago, you're not going to see him before the All Star break. That's on the record now. He is not going to pitch until after the All Star break. And that's what they've been basically planning for. They don't need Otani in June, they did not need Otani in May. They need Otani for October. So that's the plan for him to come back after the All Star break, have a couple of months of the regular season to start getting into peak performance for when they need him the most. And when you look at the playoff rosters, you are only allowed thirteen pitchers, but O'tanmi is designated as a two way player. So essentially the Dodgers have an extra and elite pitcher, one of the best in baseball, on their playoff roster that nobody else can have.
Speaker 4: No, that's a great advantage.
Speaker 3: As you mentioned, I didn't even think about that, but he's not listed as a pitcher.
Speaker 4: He's a two way player.
Speaker 3: Dave Tanner Scott looked good in the last couple outings man, is he corrected what was.
Speaker 4: Going on with him?
Speaker 3: I know a lot of what his talk was. Everything was going right down the middle, and he wasn't hit his spots.
Speaker 4: What have you seen? What have you known from Tanner.
Speaker 3: Scott that has allowed him to kind of get back to what we thought he should be.
Speaker 2: I've seen a more aggressive and confident Tanner Scott and something clicked for him. Not sure who spoke to him, but it feels like his teammates kind of rallied around him to remind him how good he is and how good he was last year. And we're starting to see the Tanner Scott from last year. And I personally believe what turned this season around. And when we look back at this year is last homestand where he gave up a couple of runs in the top of the ten thinning Dodgers lost that game. Dave Roberts went back to him the very next night in the very same situation. This time, he struck out Soto, he struck out Alonso, and he got Nimo to pop up to end the tenth thinning to give Freddie Freeman the opportunity to walk it off. That was the first sign that Tanner Scott was had changed something in his demeanor, his mentality of attacking hitters.
Speaker 1: Dave ten Rosen, Bob Nightingale, I'm sorry, Bob Knightingale wrote that the Dodgers could be in the market for a left handed power hitter. Does that mean we were kicking this around earlier? Does that mean they're starting to look at Michael Confordo's lack of performing saying think they have to make a move.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if that's what he's writing, I don't know where else that left handed power hitter would play. There isn't really one that fits that bill. At third base they got one in Max Munsey, So yeah, left field, a corner outfield spot would be the only spot I could think of to be able to fill that role. Look, Conforto had a big hit against the Mets that last day of the homestand no doubt about it, but he really hasn't done much since, and really hadn't done much before. So the Dodgers are doing their due diligence to see how they can upgrade that position because they took a one year gamble on Michael Conforto and for whatever reason, he has not looked like himself at all. There's been glimpses, but he's hitting a lot of grand balls to second base this year. He's in the top five of hitting into double plays this year, he's hit into eight. So I don't know, like no, but he has an answer why Michael Conforto is not hitting because he's I mean, for all of us that have seen Conforto over his career, he's not this. He's not this deficient in hitting. So I'm not sure what it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, you're You're absolutely right, and it could. I don't know. He's changed the scenery. Who knows what it is? Something going on mentally. Dave Kopek comes back, Kirby Yates comes back, which is good science for the Dodgers. What do we know about Blake Snell? I know glass now's down for even extended period of time, but what do we know about Blakesnell on his return.
Speaker 2: Well, Glassnell's in LA he was supposed to throw a bullpen session today at Dodgers Stadium, and Blake Snell's in San Diego with the Dodgers. He is supposed to throw a bullpen session today as well. So both those guys are sending in the direction of returning sometime in July. I know both would love to come back before the All Star break, but that's a Dodgers' training staff decision there. So both are paying free now, Both are starting to ramp up to be able to pitch in simulate the games, rehab games, and it's a process to build back up. And the earliest that could take place for them to return is July.
Speaker 3: All right, Dave.
Speaker 1: So that being said, are the Dodgers also going to be on the market for a pitcher at the deadline if these guys don't get back.
Speaker 2: Yeah? And also, I mean you have to wonder what's going to happen between now in July thirty first, if somebody else may get hurt. It seems like it happens, right, So yeah, I would say pitching is what the Dodgers are in the market force. Specifically, Andrew Friedman told Petro some money that he's looking for a right handed reliever. I feel like they're going to put their focus on right handed relievers, and I wouldn't be shot. That's the opportunity presented itself. If the Braves are selling and Chris Sales available, why wouldn't the Dodgers. Take a look to see if it matches up. Because it's one thing to have guys in the rotation, it's another thing to have a dog like Chris Sale. He has that Walker Bueler mentality. You guys remember him coming out through the bullpen gates at Dodger Stadium in Game five of the World Series that year. That's the type of guy that you would love to have in the postseason. He is going to possibly be the most valuable starting pitcher that could get traded at the deadline.
Speaker 1: All right, Dave, thanks for jumping on. Really appreciate it. We know you're busy. So Tony still pitching.
Speaker 2: He's still pitching. Second inning just started, Ronnie. I'm sure you could see that an MLB network.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I am in.
Speaker 3: The ballpark camp, absolutely, Dave, you mentioned it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fly out the center right now to one of the kids shagging out there.
Speaker 3: All right, Dave, thanks thanks again.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, thanks all right.
Speaker 3: So Rodney Howsey, Look, he looks good. He's doing a lot of off speed pitches like actually, but he uh, nobody's hit him just yet. I've seen three batters. Nobody fly it out right there, but no, he looks good. He looks good. You know, he's got the good body language. He's smiling and laughing and doing his thing. But you just want you don't want to see what the velocity is. I can't see the velocity on his fastballs or anything like that, but he's got a lot of movement on his off speed pitches. It just won't have a good time.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: You know he's a jokester and and loves just to laugh it up and have a good time and enjoying life, which you got to love about it.
Speaker 4: It's not too intense about everything.
Speaker 3: Whoa wow? What happened? That was a he threw a curveball a slider that broke about three feet.
Speaker 4: Yes, and it was a strike. And do it again for another strike?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: That was nasty.
Speaker 3: How many innings will this go?
Speaker 4: Do you know? I don't know.
Speaker 3: They haven't said, but this is his second inning. I don't know if you're gonna go three or just do pitches. But yeah, ground out the third. Yeah, nobody hit him hard.
Speaker 4: But interesting, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Dodger fan, let me ask you a question, do you do you want to weigh in and how important that win was last night? Do you want to do that ASIX six nine eighty seven two five seventy, you tell us I thought it was really important. It's a regular season game, we're in June, but I thought that was important. Do you agree as like six nine eighty seven two seventy? All right, let's find out what you guys think of the first one. It was close, it was a chaining one't really pretty, but the right guys won. How important was that win? Let's hear from you next.
Speaker 2: We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer.
Speaker 5: Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast, a preset on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: App using Apple car Play or Android Auto road.
Speaker 5: Trip all summer with LA Sports.
Speaker 4: Come on, let's go, Freddy, Let's get it in. Let's get it in the way we fit in.
Speaker 3: Rodney P.
Speaker 4: Fred Rogan. I'm watching.
Speaker 3: The MLB guys just marvel Freddy at Otani Session. They're marveling. Oh my god, they're going, I mean, their mouth is watering at Otani Session and it's it's al lighter. I think, is there Hell Reynolds and I forget who else the other guys, but they're marveling at at at his session, and they're suggesting that that we may see him in the next two weeks. Well, we just had David Das saying I have Dodgers better than anybody I know. He just said, Dave proper the All Star break.
Speaker 4: Yes, isn't that crazy? What the percession is?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're going to see him in the next two weeks. And they said it so confidently, but it's not gonna happen. And they suggested that they use him, utilize him as an opener, like start him out as two innings as an opener, then maybe three here there and let him go, you know, kind of build.
Speaker 4: Up after that. But started him out as a two inning opener.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is great, this is great that you're actually watching this. And here's why.
Speaker 1: We just had David Dass say on who was with the team every single day and probably knows more about the Dodgers than anybody.
Speaker 3: Those folks are sitting on the East Coast in the MLB network studios. And by the way, I think they really do a great job MLB Network. I'll watch all the time.
Speaker 1: I think they do a good So now they're popping up Otani pitching. And these guys, by the way, when they do those shows, and Rodney, you've done this type of show. When you sit down, you don't know half the time what's gonna happen. Right, Hey, we've got this coming from Fenway Park. Here we go, take a look. Start talking. So now they found this, they put it up and all of a sudden, Man, he looks great.
Speaker 3: He looks good. I think we'll see him in the next two weeks. Oh man, he looks great. All right, you know what I heard, you don't. I think they're gonna use him as an opener.
Speaker 4: I heard that. I heard that from somewhere.
Speaker 3: Hey, I don't want to say who, but I heard that. So they could use them as an opener now and have open games. These guys don't know anything. We just had David Vassay on.
Speaker 1: Five minutes ago telling us what was gonna happen. Why would they know more than David Vassay.
Speaker 3: They can't.
Speaker 1: But it just shows you how this business works, Right, guys, we gotta kill four hours out there today.
Speaker 3: Sit down, yes this Now we're gonna get people talking about this. So we're gonna throw it out there that Otani's gonna pitch in the next two weeks, all right, because that's gonna be the thing that people the buzz is gonna be out there. So now everybody's gonna be calling the Dodgers and figuring out and when is Otani gonna go? He looked great in his bullpen session and uh live pitching, and man, maybe could he be an opener?
Speaker 4: That's gonna be a question for Dave Roberts tonight.
Speaker 3: Oh, absolutely, could he be an opener? Will be a question.
Speaker 1: And the other question will be I know you said it was gonna be after the All Star break, but do you think it'd be in two weeks?
Speaker 3: Wh You know how this stuff happens?
Speaker 4: Absolutely it does, Absolutely it does.
Speaker 3: Hey, did you see that catch by Clark from the A's against the Angels when he went over over or center field, went up over the fence and caught it.
Speaker 4: Anybody, you guys see that? Kevin?
Speaker 3: You see that catch? That might be the best catch that I've ever seen. No, yes, he didn't just rob a home run. He robbed a home run that was probably gonna be five to eight feet deep over the fence. Really, I did not see that.
Speaker 4: He climbed it.
Speaker 3: He climbed it, weighted, timed it right, climbed it, got all the way like, climbed it with his feet and spiked got to the top of the wall before he reached over and grabbed the ball.
Speaker 4: It was. It was incredible.
Speaker 3: Lunged over and did an acrobat move to come back down like he was a gymnast. But that ball was way gone and he went and got it. It was did he come down on the other side of the fence or he came down he twisted his body to come back down in the field to play it was. It was the best catch I've seen in the last ten years. Maybe really Griffy made that one catch over the wall. Wow, all right, I did not see that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was incredible.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: Let's let's find out what the Dodger fans thought about last night. How important was game one? Also, what do you think of those fans in San Diego? All right, Tony, thanks for holding in Santa Clarina. We appreciate it. You're on a five seventy LA sports Go ahead.
Speaker 8: Hey, friend, Rodney, somebody needs to tell this nine gale guy that Dalton Rushing is also an outfielder and and anyway, this was just like Game three of the playoffs where the pigeon and the defense was really bad in the beginning, but this time they won that game. The bullpen came through and just held on till the end came when the Walker Bueller game in the playoffs, Remember that one, Yeah, yeah, it was in the beginning.
Speaker 3: There's the thing they want, the Dodgers. The Dodgers have said Dalton Rushing is just going to catch.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, but what is he going to sit around for five days doing nothing? Like he's got to get some bad at bats. It's like, really, he's uh David's David VESI says, Dalton rush in the future outfielder more than anything, but.
Speaker 4: Not this year.
Speaker 3: I don't see him playing much outfield this year. I see him maybe he can work in in spring training, but I don't see them playing him.
Speaker 8: The switch hitting, you got to take advantage of switch hitting. That's what he is, you know, all right? Thank you?
Speaker 3: Oh that was it. They take advantage of the switch hitting, which is right, okay. You know he said just left handed bat. You know Tommy Edmonds is a switch hitter too, so consider that a left handed bat as well. I'd like seeing Edmond hit from the left side better than the right. He's better right. He even and admitted it when he came back. He came back the right hand side. This was natural, but he has a lot of work to do with the left hand side. That is his weaker side.
Speaker 1: All right, eight six six ninety seven seventy Dodger fans, Jim and Westminster Jim appreciate you holding now, what's on your mind?
Speaker 7: Phi, guys, I played a lot of some of my pro ball as a center fielder. I always focus on the outfielders mostly. Piees is a natural right fielder. I don't think too. I think maybe he's lost a little bit. Left field would be better as far as I'm concerned, center field is a bit of an open spot right now. Kim has got possibilities at their speed, good arm, but I think they need to move their outfield around a little bit. That ball that too missed last night, I think pie Has would have had it. That cost him two runs, potentially three runs. Edmund is great out there, but he's a gold glove second basement. He needs to place that in base.
Speaker 4: TK is a.
Speaker 7: Great still in a lot going on, and I know you guys are busy. I'm trying to talk fast. And the best thing on that team is Freeman, no question about it. Freddy is the clutch guy. He's the guy you want up there.
Speaker 3: Thank you all right, good Jim, Thanks Jim. He covered it, He covered it all. I felt the same way though, And I love me some ta Oscar Hernandez, but I thought that ball should have been caught. That ball should have been caught. And I'm not saying anybody else. You know, you, oh, you put him there and you get caught. I think ta Oscar felt that ball should have been caught as well. But he's got to be in the lineup because of his offense. Definitely because of his offense. So I don't know what you do. And I actually I actually like Edmunds at second base, and I like Kim in centerfield. I like that, And then you know, maybe paz Is is your regular left fielder. I think because Kim can cover so much ground. Got it fast, yeah, extremely fast? So right now, I mean I like that that, you know, a Simbilus of the defense. Maybe next year as they get through spring training, Kim moves back into the infield and he played second base and goes to the outfield. But right now I like the I like Kim and the outfield and Edmond at second base. All right, let's go a joy in Alpine. Thanks for holding go ahead.
Speaker 6: Gentlemen, good day. You so a couple of a couple of ways answer the question. I think ye asswer it was important due to the fact of how we had played Sunday to Sunday of the previous week, especially that series against the Cardinals there as far as against being you know with the Padres. You know, I live in San Diego County. I went to the game last night. They feel like it's a little serious shit them every time. But last year I heard all my softball teammates, you know, you know, happy about how they had won the few series for the first time and how did that turn out for them? So not important, we know we have bigger aspirations, but definitely always good to put it to a division rival there, can I ask you.
Speaker 4: Real quick before you go? I mean they're going on.
Speaker 3: So how is it, you say, you playing your softball team with all the Padre fans in there? How is it dealing with the Padre fans being down there and you're a Dodger fan man.
Speaker 6: So you know, Alpine has one of the best breweries in all of San Diego County, and all my friends there are parties fans. So I walk in on Friday night games and all my gear and I get booed and I waved to the crowd like like anybody else, you know. But they're good guys, man. A lot of them know baseball, and they played baseball, their kids played baseball. But you have those bandwagon fans that just you know, they came along in the last few years, and they weren't here when I was going to games watching TV and Khalil Green and I know more than they do about their team in the last twenty years. So it's a little sad, but it's a good time, man. It's a good time with the guys that actually know baseball.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But it was crazy, wasn't it.
Speaker 6: Oh, it was an awesome game.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: We actually looked out. A buddy of ours who worked for SDG now out here sold me his tickets for one hundred bucks for the pair because we got to work a twenty hour shift, so we looked out. We had to sit in a potterish territory. Unfortunately, through the potterish gun. But it was a good game, man, It was a really exciting and I think you had mentioned earlier either way, like Jackson merriland said it was a good game regardless. I love to watch good baseball, especially between two top tier teams. So that's exciting where it is right now in the rivalry. But yeah, definitely a little more exaggerated, I think on one side and the other. But again, good good win compared to how frustrating the weekend series had been.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you for the call. Appreciate it. Let's go to Compton.
Speaker 1: Skip is on the line, Skip, thanks for holding eight seven?
Speaker 3: Oh, Skip's out? Oh Chris in La Hey, Chris, you're on go ahead?
Speaker 9: Hey, I just wanted to say something alluding to what the last collars said. It's all about defense when you're trying to win a championship. And they can be so much better if they put Tiascar in left, but Kim in in center. And you know, let's get rid of this MOOKI has short experiment. I know they want to pee him, but mooky.
Speaker 4: Did we lose them? Those?
Speaker 3: Chris? All right, Robert, let's go to Robert. Robert, thanks for holding. Go ahead?
Speaker 10: How's it going, guys, really quick? I agree with the previous caller. Uh, the Mookie experiment long gone. He belongs in right period, Kim in center, Edmund at second base, and Taylker in left field?
Speaker 4: Who plays short? Who plays short? Bab who plays short stuff?
Speaker 10: Oh, I'd go with row House in a heartbeat.
Speaker 3: So Rojas, you take the bat of Rojas. So you got to take a bat out of the lineup. Who are you taking out?
Speaker 6: But look what you get?
Speaker 3: Look you who you taking out? Offensively? You gotta you gotta have the you gotta have the lineup to hit.
Speaker 10: No, you've let Rojause said. Of course he's good when he's in there for the long run. He needs a back And look at you gained defensively.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mookie ranks it around the top of the league and shortstops defensively.
Speaker 4: You guys know that, right.
Speaker 10: I don't know why he throws the ball side arm from the shortstop position. If you notice in right field it's straight over the top.
Speaker 3: It's different. It's a different position enfield. Infielder's a different position, different throwing motion.
Speaker 10: I understand, I understand, But look at Win of the Cardinals, he's straight.
Speaker 3: Up manny throw from third base. He throws it side on. I mean most guys.
Speaker 10: That many has probably been doing that since childhood, over the top.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but here's the thing. But here's the thing. Mickey Rojas is not going to be the Dodger shortstop in two years. He's not going to be the short Okay.
Speaker 10: That may be true.
Speaker 4: But what you're going to do.
Speaker 10: You're going for the run this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, Mookie's gonna play short. You're saying that is that you don't think Mookie is a good defensive short stuff when he ranked in high in every category from shortstops around the league.
Speaker 4: Right now, So the.
Speaker 10: Statement he makes Freddie work way too hard. Look how many balls Freddie has to dig out of the dirt on a Mookie throw. Please just watch. It's rare that he throws it on target most of the time.
Speaker 3: All right, Robert, thank you, thank you. I hear what happened. We appreciate him calling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's not going to happen.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go Ethan and Elsa Gundo. Ethan, thanks for holding go ahead. What do you think?
Speaker 11: Yeah, so the game last night was great.
Speaker 7: Obviously, it's always great. Skips of the Padres and Indivision rival.
Speaker 11: But my biggest thing right now with the team is we need to stop not giving Kim plain time. Man, I mean, see him out there daily. I'm tired of this Hernandez. You know, I love he's a fan favorite. But Kim's flourishing and then we're not giving him playing time. It's mind boggling to me.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think he's getting more and more yeah, meaning meaning Kim. He's getting more at bats, he's getting more playing time. I think KEYK knows knows the role. He's the utility guy. We lost Chris Taylor in that role. Key K can play every position, so he's going to continue to get, you know, get playing time.
Speaker 4: Guys need rest. But I don't look at k K is not.
Speaker 3: Going to be your every day center fielder, third baseman, second basement or whatever.
Speaker 4: He's going to fill in for guys.
Speaker 3: And I think more and more as the season goes on, you will see Kim in the lineup more and more. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I really like Kim. Yeah, I want to see him play more. I want to see him play every game. I think he's the most electrifying guy in the roster.
Speaker 4: He has.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he has been in more.
Speaker 1: But remember they called him up and in spring training he was having trouble hitting. You don't want to put a guy in a position to.
Speaker 3: Faight having trouble. He was struggling. They couldn't Yeah, they couldn't hit. I was trying to be kind, But the last thing you want to do is put a guy in a position where he won't succeed. So maybe it's slow and steady, Slow and steady with him. Let's go to Compton. Now we got skip back, skip go ahead.
Speaker 12: It was going on, fred Hey, it.
Speaker 4: Was going on, Rodney, what's happening.
Speaker 3: Let's go all bad now.
Speaker 12: I just wanted to say, I mean, maybe we're being a little tad bit reactionary. I mean, we're ten days away from the beginning of summer. It's a marathon, not a sprint. You know, the guy's got a lot to work on. Maybe some people need a little bit more time in the field, Maybe we need to figure out our pitching. But at the end of the day, it's like we have our eyes on the championship. So whatever it is that's going on right now, we're just working through it. I think Dodger fantasy is defidation man.
Speaker 4: Absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 3: As Fred always said, it's still June, it's still in first place, and there's still got eighteen million guys on the injury list that are coming back. So to be in this position with the il roster that the Dodgers have, it's actually incredible. And I know we can't see it as Dodger fans, but put that on any other team, put the injury list on any other team in Major League Baseball and see where they are. You're exactly right, You're well, look at major League Baseball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean when I saw when Corbyn Burns was done for the year, I thought, oh my.
Speaker 3: God in Arizona. Yeah, that's the guy they that was it. They spent a ton of money on him, he was the guy. He's done. You think the Diamondbacks really and there are more down than up this year. Yeah, look at where they are now, exactly right.
Speaker 1: They it's hard for them to weather the loss of one Yeah, just think about that one picture may have cost them their chance to make the playoffs. The guy they spent all that money on, well, hell, that Dodgers spent a ton of money on Blake Snow they're still in first place. Tyler Glassnew still in first place. They went out and won the Sauzaki Derby, still in first place. Gonsolin is now on the injured list, still in first place. Just think about that. Think about the number of players the Dodgers have on the injured list. Arizona has one. And granted they're not hitting as well this year, that's fine, but they've won picture of that caliber. And now look what happened. The Pindres could not withstand these kinds of injury.
Speaker 3: They couldn't.
Speaker 1: I don't know anybody could. It's just unrealistic. No team is that deep. And Andrew Friedman said before the season started. Don't forget this. He's going to spend all of his money. He's going to do with shopping now, right, that was his plan. Let's go out, go crazy, get everybody we want, and then I don't have to pay two times on the dollar at the trade deadline because everything's more expensive.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, what do you hear, Well, he's looking for a right handed reliever at the trade deadline. Well, they could be looking for a big, left handed, power hitting back. So he'll go again. He thought he had taken care of this so that there would be no issue, no concern. He wouldn't have to do a thing and everything would be fine. Didn't work out that way. Now here we go back into the market again and he'll do it too. Yeah, whatever it calls. Nos, Yeah, we do what we gotta do. Whereas a lot of clubs would go, I spend all this money in the off season. I'm not spending another dime at the trade deadline. We're going to have to just take our lungs and hope the guys come back. But I'm not going to spend any more money. I spent the money in the all season. Why am I going to spend it at the treade deadline? Tread deadline. I'm not gonna do it. But that's not how the Dodgers operate, which is why we keep saying, be thankful you're a Dodger fan. Be appreciative you're a Dodger fan, because they get it right.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, we will get right out of here when we come back.
Speaker 1: I'll wrap it up and turn it over to Petros and money.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, Rodney Pete Fred Rogan on a Tuesday, thank you for all the calls. You know, I always love to hear from Dodger fans and different perspectives. I mean, you know, fred it sometimes we get sometimes we get the ones that are unrealistic. But I think this this caller batch was very interesting, brought up some valid points, and I thought they, you know, even with the Mookie stuff that I don't agree with and him not playing short stuff anymore. I think, you know, Dodger fans are very knowledgeable about the team, you know, although passionate, but knowledgeable. You didn't hear any fire Dave Roberts calls today. Uh, and that was shocking. If had they lost Game one, maybe they against San Diego, maybe there would have been.
Speaker 1: Some of those If you remember this, Rodney, the Dodgers won the World Series. The next day, we opened the phone line. Tell me if you remember this. The next day we opened the phone line. Put somebody on fire. Dave Roberts. They had just won the World Series. Yeah, it was the next day. Yeah, they should have swept him. I don't know why, what is wrong with Dave Roberts. They should have swept him.
Speaker 3: And the guy goes fighter, Dave Roberts. They just won the World Series.
Speaker 4: I don't care.
Speaker 3: Yeah, remember what he did? He said? Yeah, but like three years ago. Three years ago.
Speaker 4: He went he went back. Oh that's right.
Speaker 3: But three years ago he made that decision not to take Kershall out, or he made that decision to leave so and so in, And that's why they need to fower. Yeah, Rachel against baseball. Everybody inside baseball that knows baseball considered him, considers him on the top two three managers in league.
Speaker 4: Everywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely, And that's what's so comical.
Speaker 1: Then the other part of it is this from where he started as the manager, and he was a by the book guy. You have to understand he was learning, he was learning, he was a by the book guy. From where he started to where he is now, no one ever questions anymore, did they have this all scripted out? You notice that too, No one ever says that anymore. Well, what do you expect, He's just doing what they told him. Oh, I don't think he's doing what they told them. I think they have a meeting before the game, which almost everybody does.
Speaker 3: This is what we're gonna do. This is what we're going to do in the seventh. This is what we're going to do in the eighth. First, coming in off the out of the bullpen. It's going to be X Y Z, depending on what the lead is. But they're in the course of the game. As the game flows, it becomes all about the clubhouse. Dave Roberts, Bob Garren, the bench mark pryor of how they handle the game. Within the game, there's always a game plan going into it, just like any sport. There's always a game plan. But those game plans get adjusted along the way, and that falls on Dave Roberts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, all right, they'll try to make it too in a row.
Speaker 3: Tonight. We're not on tomorrow. Don't cry.
Speaker 4: It's okay. I know.
Speaker 1: We have something on pretty good instead of us Tomorrow, we have the game. It's a one o'clock start in San Diego. So tomorrow, enjoy the game, and hell, by four o'clock tomorrow afternoon, the Dodgers may have swept.
Speaker 4: Oh, there you go.
Speaker 1: All will be forgiven. They can come home. That's how we operate. Now, if you have a bad road trip, you cannot return, but if you play well, you can come back.
Speaker 3: So that'll be fun.
Speaker 4: Is that how it works? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is a Tony still pitching? No, he's done, he's done.
Speaker 4: All right, he's all done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, Ronnie, thank you for today. Very good work. Very good work, Kevin. Appreciate your your efforts as well. Rodney enjoyed tomorrow. We'll be back Thursday, right,