Speaker 1: Two hundred and fifty years of American liberty, rugers, two hundred and fifty of the Anniversary series limited production firearms marked for a milestone moment in history.
Speaker 2: Own a piece of it. Well, you still can upgrade.
Speaker 3: Your optic with Hollisen, where innovation meets precision.
Speaker 4: With fifty thousand.
Speaker 3: Hours of battery life, shake away technology and a solar failsafe, your optic is always ready when you are hollocin confidence in every shot.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm Tom Bresham. This is gun Talk. Your chance right now. Give us a shout. We got the Jr. And Rick on hole. We're going to get to them in just a second year. But we got room for you. We've got some open lines if you want to give me a call, call me a Tom Talk gun. As you can see, we have no plan, we have no idea where we're going. We just wander around and talk about guns and stuff. So you'd fit right in. Give me a shout. All right, let's go to line too. Jr's with us out a Corpus Christi, Texas. Hey Jr. You're on Gun Talking.
Speaker 5: Tom Good to talk to you, sir, Yeah, you were. You were asking a question about when one decided that they were going to carry for the personal protection. And my story goes back to back when the Texas Seven had broken out of a prison down here in South Texas. You know, they were on a pretty pretty big violets pretty you know, around around the state, and they actually were thought to be I lived like a block from the highway at the time, and they were apparently seen real close to where my house was, and I remember we had Texas DPS choppers all over the place. And yeah, and you know, at the time I was, I was nearly married, you know, I had a young baby at home, and I was thinking, you know, if if if I'd have been out there with my wife or whatever, you know, I would have wondered what would I have done? I had a mad ffronted, you know. So at the time, I think I was about twenty three years old and I only had at the time of thirty thirty that my dad gave me for hunting twenty two and I'm both actually shotgun you can't carry them around. But anyway, it was then it was then when I when I made the decision, you know, had I been caught off guard, And that was at the first that was the first time that I realized that you're when you leave your home, you're at the mercy of the public, you know. So I decided I was going to start carrying, and I've done so religiously since then. After that, I became a peace officer and started about a decade and a half and taxed the peace officer, And obviously I have not stopped caring since. But my point is that you never know if it wins, somebody can get the drop on you, or if you're caught, you know, in the wrong place at the wrong time. I had no idea that these guys were running around and we needed were running around, but for them to come through our hometown where my hometown where I lived, a real small town and literally a block and a half from my house, you know, I remember just telling my wife getting to get in the back room with the baby. You know, I had loaded the thirty thirty and that's all we could do to sit and wait until everything was here. But it was kind of an eye opening moment at the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I gotta ask a question, Go back to your twenty three year old self and look at that young man and take a guess as to why you responded the way you did, because you know, there were a lot of other people who heard about the Texas savn You got bad guys on the loose, and they all said, you know, boy, that's just terrible. I hope that somebody does something about it. And you, in a different way, you said, that's just terrible. I am going to do something about it to protect myself and my family. What made you be that guy who decided to take care of yourself and your family?
Speaker 5: Okay, well, obviously, you know self preservation of self and family and loved ones is number one. But they had already gone on a killing spree. I think they they'd murdered a couple of people already, and they'd broken into a I believe it was a sporty good store somewhere up in Dallas area, and they'd already dinery killed several people. So I mean, they knew they were not going to uh to see the light of day again. And so I said, well, I'm not going to be a statistic. There's no way I'm going to allow that myself and my family to become a statistic hill.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I mean, good on you. You looked at it. You said, yeah, not me. I'm not going to allow that to happen. Nobody else is going to be there to take care of me. I got to take care of it myself, which, of course, that whole mindset ended up leading you into being a peace officer and saying I'm going to help other people, not just myself with other people. That's just part of your makeup, that's who you are.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just just you know, I mean, keep your head on a swivel and and expect the worst, because, like I said, when you leave the four walls of your home, you know you're at the mercy of the public. If there's bad people out there, and you know you've got to be able to protect yourself.
Speaker 4: Makes sense. Look, thank you for sharing the story. Yeah, I appreciate that call. I would also add, yes, when you leave your house, you're at the mercy of the public. But I'm also going to say it's when you're in your house, because bad guys do come to the house. Can I once again remind people that during the daytime is when most break ins happen. It's a really good idea to keep your doors locked in your house when you're at home in the day and I think probably most people don't. But if you lock your doors, somebody can't just open the door and walk in. As obvious as that sounds, they got to make some kind of a noise. And oh yeah. The correlador to that is this, you should have a system where you do not have to open your door to see who's knocking at your door. When you open the door, you make yourself vulnerable. You make it possible for them just to walk in, to push the door in. You need to have a system, either a peep hole or a camera or a ring camera or something where you can see who's out there and you can have a conversation with them. It is worth the money in the very small effort. Now it's almost new effort at all to put in something like that. You should not have to open your door to see who is at the door. Okay, all right, let's grab Rick online one out of Friendswood, Texas. We're going to be I guess doing all Texas here at the moment.
Speaker 6: Hey Rick, Hi, Tom, love your show. Okay, what do you think about this idea? Yea, the US and or Israel maybe dropping on the Iranian citizens. Maybe some liberator type pistols. Do you think that's feasible.
Speaker 4: Or oh that is a throwback?
Speaker 7: I got it.
Speaker 4: We got to tell people what the Liberator pistol was. The call it was FP forty five liberator f Peace stood for flare pistol because they wanted to hide what they really were. Uh. It was a single shot forty five acp pistol by General Motors of all things. They made a million of them in World War Two. The idea was to drop them into the resistance of the Partisans. Eisenhower didn't think much of the idea. Let's see, MacArthur didn't think much of the idea, so they didn't actually send a lot of them in. So the OSS, which is of course the precursor to the CIA, got four hundred and fifty thousand of them. But the idea was, this is a stunningly cheap little handgun. It was a single shot, and they sent him in a cardboard box with ten rounds of AMMO and a cartoon instruction book basically on how to use this thing. And you know, let's go back to your idea, because the idea is, how do you end up taking a rifle away from, say a soldier in Iran who is there to hurt people and all that. Well, you shoot him in the back of the head with a pistol, then you've got their rifle. It really is as simple as that, isn't it.
Speaker 6: They got AK forty sevens, they don't need a little forty five pistol, So you won't be arming the bad guys.
Speaker 4: I don't think, well, no, you're not arming the bad guys. Your army the good guys and so. But with this, the good guys can go get a gun from the bad guys.
Speaker 6: Do you think I should call a senator around that or something.
Speaker 4: I don't think there's a chance in the world we would ever do something like that, But it is an interesting concept, and it gives us a chance to talk about, well, one of the more interesting little elements or segments in history. And look, I appreciate the call very much. It's called the Liberator pistol. You can look it up. It's called the FP for five Liberator, and I guess what I'm looking at. The rundown of it here is suggested by the Polish military and assigned to the US Army Joint Psychological Warfare Committee. Very interesting, I mean, this is very cool. Like I said, they made a million of them, didn't send all that many into France and behind lines. But back then, you know how it is. They the Nazis took all the guns. Because a lot of these companies had registration farms registration. The Nazis would just go in and get the registration list, and they would go door to door and say, here's the list of the guns you have, you need to turn them in. There's one famous stories written by Neil Knox about his neighbor who told him the story about the Belgian corporal and the Germans came to the house. He said, here's the list underneath the guns. He couldn't find one of the guns they wanted to turn it into, said I don't know where it is. It's been years. And they brought him out into the street and they shot him. They shot every member of his family. After they got all the neighbors out there, had made them all. Watch if those who would say, well, gee, what's the big deal with gun registration? That is it without a registration list, they can't do that. A gun registration list is there for only one purpose, is so the government at some future day can come take your guns. Away. There is no other purpose for it whatsoever. What's the big deal. You guys don't want to register your guns, you rest your cars. Yeah, it's not the same you registered cars. They could be taxes on the only reason that anybody in government wants to register guns, so they have the list, so they can then take action against people who are on the list. How do they do that? Historically they send people with guns to take away your guns at gunpoint, and historically not just in Germany, but here too. If you don't turn them in, they will shoot you dead without a registration unless they can't do that. Don't give an inch, Never give an inch, never give up, never stop fighting. We'll be right back.
Speaker 7: For generations. Colts, battle proven rifles have earned the trust of those who defend our nation. The Cult M five car Being continues that experience with a true free floating barrel system, enhanced ambidexterous controls, and reinforced durability for long term performance. Built from military, law enforcement and hobbyists alike, the M five delivers the reliability professionals and enthusiasts demand. Visit your local Cult stocking dealer and experience the Cult M five car being cult proven, trusted, Ready.
Speaker 8: Up this hunting season with a chance to win the Savage one ten Carbon Hunter topped with a Zeiss V three rifle scope. This lightweight hunting setup pairs a carbon fiber barrel, user adjustable ACU tricker and blackout Zerracote finish with Zeisbright technology delivering at least ninety percent light transmission to help you stay in the hunt. Enter today at gun talk dot com slash win before time runs out.
Speaker 9: The six Arc was developed to provide increased performance in the M four AR fifteen platform. The six Arc pushes a ninety grain duel performance at two thy six hundred and fifty feet per second with over one four hundred foot pounds of energy. The monolithic solid copper bullets design allows pedals to separate after impact, spreading to create wound tracks and significantly adding to terminal performance. This round is an exceptional option for your modern sporting rifle. Black Hill's ammunition. The power of.
Speaker 10: Performance shootings for life isn't just about guns. It's about the people, the stories, the competitions, the history, the craftsmanship, the families, the freedom. Whether you're into concealed carry, hunting, long range shooting, clay targets or collecting firearms. There's something waiting for you. Watch free today on your smart TV, online or on your phone. Learn more at Shooting SportsLife dot com Shooting sports Life where freedom is a lifestyle.
Speaker 1: When Ruger set out to build the ultimate pocket pistol, they succeeded. The LCP Max, now paired with the Magpool in hands handgun grip, delivers everything you need and nothing you don't. Thirteen rounds of three to eighty in a frame that disappears in your pocket, a Tritium front site for fast acquisition and anti light, secure action fire control you could trust with your life. Ruger's legacy of American innovation. Reimagine for how you carry today the LCP Max with Magpool.
Speaker 2: Ehg that but here eight sixty.
Speaker 4: Six talk gun or Tom talk gun. That'll get you in here. Uh let's see, DJ just sent me an email. I've gave out my email address on the air. Tom. Why hasn't the entire Second Amendment quote shall not be infringed been brought before the Supreme Court instead of these bits and pieces we keep fighting for. If the justices would just make a ruling on it, then maybe we could stop fighting for all these rights and avoid the constant Blue states infringement. Well, D, I understand what you're saying, and yeah, I'd love to get one ruling from the Supreme Court that says, all right, all the gun control laws are gone period because they're all infringe upon the Second Amendment. We're not going to get that. And look, I'm not a lawyer, don't play one on TV, but I did watch Perry Mason back in the day, but I do talk to Second Amendment attorneys, the guys as scholars who really know this stuff. The problem is you have to challenge each law individually, each infringement individually. And the way the courts work, they like to rule as narrowly as possible. I don't know why that is, but they do. So we get our rights back a piece of time, and I can you know, we can both agree that we shouldn't have to do it this way. Yeah, I agree, but we do. And so not going to waste any time or effort thinking about what should be and just focus on what is. And so this is what is. And we are winning right now a lot. We're winning a lot. And you know, we had the Heller decision, the Monominal decision, the Brewined Decision, some others along the way. Each one of them advanced the cause significantly. The problem we have right now is that a lot of the lower court still ignore the Supreme Court or they say, well, this is a little bit different, so this doesn't fall within Bruin, this isn't exactly the Heller, and they're making it all up. But what they do is they start with the conclusion they would like to reach, and then they torture the law until they can finally come up with a rationalization to get them to the conclusion, which is where they started. We need some Supreme Court decisions that say stop that. Where we get it, I don't know. I hope so I know. Thanks for the email, Tom at guntalk dot com if you want to shoot me a note there. Let's see here. Mark is in Missouri. Line to hey, Mark, thanks for calling in. What's going on?
Speaker 11: It's warm and.
Speaker 4: Muggy, warm and muggy, well all over the country. So what if you been shooting.
Speaker 11: Work on your favorite military weapon.
Speaker 4: I'm waiting.
Speaker 11: Your favorite military weapon flew over my house about five minutes after a month's second favorite flew over my house at about a two twenty vectory.
Speaker 4: What's that?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 11: I don't know a ten.
Speaker 4: Oh eight ten. I love a tens a. It's a flying cannon. It's it's like, that's what you said. Yeah, no, you're right. That is my favorite flying uh. Although I will say, look, I'm such an aviation buff. There's an awful lot of planes I love. But if I were to and they said, all right, you get to go flying, one of them probably be an Aten, just because it's got this thirty millimeter huge cannon. I mean, the cannon in this gun is longer than a Chevy suburban. They built the whole airplane around this cannon. It's a gatling gun shooting like two litered coke bottle bullets out of this thing. It's unbelievable, and it bit flies low and slow in banks and Yanks, and it'd just be fun. I would love that. Look. I appreciate the call the when you look there's subconnection between the whole gun thing and look at old guns and looking at old airplanes, especially military airplanes, whether it's the P fifty one Mustang, which I have been fortunate enough to be able to fly, an amazing piece of gear. I've flown Formation with a few others of the World War II variety when we were doing the I guess out of backup. Some people don't know that I created a show. I've actually created and produced a number of TV Ocean series. One of them was an aviation show called Wings to Adventure, And I flew the airplane that we had the camera in the video camera, and we'd flew Formation with all these different airplanes and it's like a P forty seven Thunderbolt, a P forty and a P fifty one Mustang and it just goes on and on all the way back to Vickers Vivy Bomber, which is a World War One airplane. This was a recreation of it. Very cool, very slow. It was hard for us to fly as slow as that they would fly and still keep my banana in the air. But yeah, there's just something about the hardware, the ingenuity that goes into creating those. If there were another one, if you say, okay, which one would you like to fly? If there were another one, I'm thinking, actually, and I'll never get to fly it is the P thirty eight Lightning, the you know, the forktail Monster or whatever they called it. Such a cool plane, very fast, just twininge and monster. It's the one that shot down Yamamoto with very cool stuff. But yeah, the Warthog, the A ten Warthog, which by the way, they're phasing out. There is an outfit that's trying to do conversions of the Warthog to make it a fire bomber, and they call them fire hogs. That's particularly Germane right now because we have fires going all around us, all out in the West. The West is burning. There have been a number of airline type planes have been converted DC tens, DC nine. I mean we're talking big airliners and boy they can drop a load. It's really something else to see. Oh oh oh. That leads me to hold on here. I got to find this article because I want to make sure I read it correctly. The whole fire bombing thing there it is all right. Buildings Montana dateline to Buildings Montana. A new bill from Republican US Senator Tim Sheehey, you remember Tim Shehe is the Republican senator from Montana, former Navy seal. He has a fire bombing company. They have the water bombers, which is what got the connection for me. I hate this idea. I mean, I understand where it's coming from, but I really don't like it. The proposal is called Special Operations Forces Conceal Carry Act. It would let current and former US Special Operations Service members carry conceal firearms across state lines. It's kind of a takeoff on the law that lets former law enforcement officers have their conceal carry permits, or they don't have a permit, they can carry all over the country, and so he said we should do the same thing for Special Forces operators, current and former. I understand the sentiment behind it. They're trained and they served us and all that. I don't care. They're not special people. Neither are former cops. I hate the idea of former cops having special rights. We should all have these rights. Hey, look, I get it. You're a cop. You get to carry everywhere. That's cool for you. It's not cool for me. It's not cool for the American public. And people say, well, there's a benefit to it. Don't care. We want our rights and we don't want them pieced out because if you're special, you get special rights. No, hey, let's talk guns. I'm comgression. This is gun talk after all. Oh go check it.
Speaker 6: Out.
Speaker 4: We have a heck of a YouTube channel to look for gun talk over there. Over on Facebook. We are there all over the place with gazillions of videos available on Facebook. And of course we have the Shooting Sports Life All the Time twenty four to seven channel that just runs gun stuff all the time. You can add Shooting Sports Life to your TV if you got a smart tv, uh any, just like adding Netflix or Prime or anything else. It's just an app and to throw on there. Go to Shooting SportsLife dot com and you can see how to do that. Pretty easy stuff. Again. Our number here is eight six y six Talk Gun or Tom Talk Gun uh. From the news yesterday. I'm speaking to you on Sunday. On Saturday, the United States Senate confirmed Todd Blanche as Attorney General. This is, I think good for us on the gun side. Todd blanch is pretty good for the Department of Justice. He actually his family is in the gun business. Interesting enough, they make magazines, one of the bigger companies making magazines for pistols. What was interesting, well, maybe the two of the senators who are holding this up, Bill Cassidy and John Cornyn. Bill Cassidy from Louisy and John Cornyn from Texas. Both of them are laying ducks. Both of them, I think probably largely lost their positions because of their votes for gun control. Both of them supported and pushed and voted for the Joe Biden gun control law. It was passed a couple of years ago. Gun owners remembered that and sent them both packing. So anyway, we got Todd Blench and I know people are going to say, well, he hasn't done enough. Well, we're never going to get everything, and we can agree that there are things when we say well he should have done this, Well, I wish he would have done that. But he's doing some good stuff. We're moving forward. Moving forward is better than moving backward. I have spent decades watching everything move backward and losing gun rights and losing gun rights and losing gun rights. Now we're getting them back. We're getting him back a piece of the time, through dj through elections, through lawsuits at the Supreme Court. We are moving forward. And I think this is going to be good for us. So I'll pass that along. All right, let's go to the phones. Harley is in Denver, Colorado. Hey, Harley, let's talk about defensive guns.
Speaker 12: Yes, my question is a nineteen eleven. The grip and the angle, it's just fantastic in a forty five calibers a little bit too much for me. Is there something like the Cult Defender in a nine milimeter that's small enough I can put in my pocket?
Speaker 4: Just the kind of all depends on how big a pocket is there is that, you know? The nineteen eleven comes in three primary sizes. The standard size five inch barrel or slide, then the Commander size, which is a four and a quarter inch, Then the Officers model, which is a three inch. Now, a three inch ninety eleven is not exactly a pocket gun, but it's very concealable. If you got a three inch nineteen eleven an Officers model in nine to milimeter, it would be pretty carriable. Let me ask you a question, then, what kind of pocket? What are we talk I mean, are you looking for like a little tiny gun?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 12: About the size? Well, it's like about the Cult Defender size, about the size of that, or like the UHI two thirty eight. Well, that's where I was going to like a threeperl.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's where I was going to send you? Is the sig the p two thirty eight I mean it's a nineteen eleven and it's tiny and they shoot really well. If you want a nineteen eleven, I think that is a really good choice for something that's teeny tiny little thing.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I was just wondering. I mean three eight I have that. It's an excellent and shoots very nicely. Right, I was just I was just wondering if something was like that, but it has the grip of the nineteen eleven.
Speaker 4: Oh well, yeah, I mean if you want a longer grip, and you're talking about having like a longer grip, because I mean obviously these smaller guns are gonna have shorter grips. I mean, these are all the trade offs. If you go to a smaller gun, you got a smaller grip, it's hard to hold on to them. You can find there are some forty not forty five, maybe nine milimeters with a standard sized grip with a shorter barrel. There's some people are making those. But honestly, I think you're in the place now where you ought to be looking at maybe some other size guns. Take a look. Just had this thought the Smith and Weston. I think it's the c x CSG. I'd have to look it up. It's one of their newer ones. Let me see if I'm gonna look it up for you here, because it is a hammer gun, but it's got a really nice feel too. It's got kind of a CSX. Take a look at that. That's a really nice pistol. You ought to take a look at. I think you would like that. It's called the CSX series from Smith and Wesson, and that might work for you. So there you go, and while you're there, to also take a look at the Smith Western Bodyguard two point zero. It's not a ninety eleven, but it's small and easy to carry. It's a nice little three eighty. I got to keep it on in Harley. Thank you, thank you for the call. Let's go talk with John and Bend Oregon. Hey John, Hey.
Speaker 13: Tom, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 12: Hey.
Speaker 13: It seems like every time we've got one of these, I don't know, citizen involved shootings or what have you, the subject of a truck gun comes up.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 13: And last week I didn't get an opportunity call in, but I wanted to call in and talk a little bit about it and get some folks some ideas. In the event there looking to do something because it's something that I do occasionally, it's not more often when I'm traveling to training.
Speaker 4: Okay, let me let me let me just touch on the subject for let's bring people up to speed truck gun. The whole concept here is if you got you got your carry gun, you got your pistol. But there could be situations where it'd be really advantageous to have a long gun of some sort, whether it's a rifle or a carbine or a pistol, caliber carbin or an AR fifteen or something in your truck, in your vehicle, in the trunk or someplace, so that in a situation like that thing in Twin Falls, if somebody had had a rifle, they probably could have put that guy down more quickly. So anyway, okay, I've set the stage for you. You pick it up from there.
Speaker 13: Thank you very much. Yeah, I wanted to say that, you know, you can go with a secure solution if you're a little bit uh, you know, giddy about keeping it, storing it, et cetera. There's a a bunch of solutions out there. There's a company called Toffee. They make an undersea box for your for your vehicle. If you're you know, got to pick up truck this and go right under seat your rear seat. You can lock it and in my particular case, depending on where I'm going, I may put a cold M four in there. If I'm staying within my geographical area here in Oregon. If I'm traveling to gun site where I've got to go across California or across you know, Nevada, typically I'll pack my GT. Thirty in there and it sits in there perfectly. You can work with a company called Gunfoam gunfoam dot com. Uh, they'll create a custom foam insert for any particular firearm that you have, handguns, long guns, shotguns. You use your cell phone to take a photograph of your firearm or firearms or magazines or optics or whatever you got, and they go ahead. They'll mate it up with any case that you've got. If it's Pelican, et cetera, they'll go ahead. You never heard of it.
Speaker 4: I just I just went to the website gunfoam dot com. That is awesome. What a great idea.
Speaker 13: Yeah, they're fantastic. The president of the company, Mike Sherman, terrific guy. Give him a call if you have any particular solutions. But yeah, this works out really well for me because you know, I feel comfortable if I'm standing in a hotel at night, I can secure the rifle in that compartment, lock it up. I've got two layers of security. These have two key locks on each side, and it bolts into the rear frame of your truck seat in the rear. Yeah, almost impossible to identify by looking through the window. And you know, you can increase your chances of being less of a target by removing any sort of too a pro gun, any kind of firearms related decals on your vehicle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do not you know, want any of that stuff on your vehicle because it just says, hey, there could be a gun in here, m as we'll break in and find out.
Speaker 13: Absolutely. Yeah, so get rid of those. And also too, you know, with all the flock cameras, you don't want to get tagged as grouped into somebody that's a grow to a supporter and have somebody kind of I've used that system to track you.
Speaker 4: That's another discussion too, because the flot cameras now they're stick of these cameras. They're looking into the parking lots of gun stores and recording the license plates of people who go to gun stores, and you got to wonder what that information is being used for.
Speaker 13: Absolutely, Yeah, you don't know what's going into that database. And there's consumty stories in the media about, you know, police agencies, law enforcement agencies of using the system to track ex girlfriends, ex husbands, et cetera. So yes, yeah, trying to alleviate yourself as a target. But yeah, I wanted to share that and thout those two.
Speaker 4: You mentioned going to gun site. How often do you get over there?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I try to get down well, I get down there every year for the gas match. This year is the fiftieth anniversary of the Alumni shoots, so I'm headed down there. But the last course I took was a year and a half ago as a two two three defensive car meams, so that was five days down there. And yeah, gunsight man, you never know who you're going to get for an instructor. It's always like you're going to get a celebrity no matter what you know. I am still getting Ory Trapp, who runs the Stories of the Gun with Joe Mantana. He was he was our range master and lead instructor. And when I was down for the two fifty class and twenty twenty two. I ended up getting headhead as one of the constructors.
Speaker 4: So lucky you got ed while he was still around. You know what I call Cory, Yeah, I call Corey Trapp Stanta clause with a machine gun.
Speaker 13: That pretty much sums him up. Yeah, he said he was great. He brought all kinds of toys out for us to play with. So yeah, gun SIT's always wonderful. And you know, on a hot day to get Ken Campbell to bring you out a frozen otter pot, nothing better than that.
Speaker 4: Well, I will be going to my first gas match this year, the fiftieth anniversary to the gun Sight Alumni shoot, so be sure to flag me down if you see me.
Speaker 13: There no doubt I'll try and figure out what squad you're on. See if I can find you and say hello.
Speaker 4: Sounds good, that'd be fun. I mean, any tips for a first time or a gas match.
Speaker 13: Oh man? First time is just start playing out in the hot sun as much as you can get out in the hot sun, walk around, you know, just get used to it. And best advice I can give anybody the night before is camel up, drink as much water as you possibly can, and just be ready to have a great time. Everybody friendly, everybody's fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as I say, it's a social event occasionally interrupted by gunfire.
Speaker 13: Absolutely absolutely in the steak dinner of the night before and the auction, the evening of the shoot or not to be missed. So you're in for real treat ton.
Speaker 4: That'll be fun. I'm looking forward to it. I'll see you there. Look, thank you for the call. Appreciate that. Yeah, this idea of a truck gun and I understand that people are going to say, well, I carry a pistol. I don't need that. I get it. And there are people who say I don't carry a pistol, I don't need that either. It's layers. It's are you going to need that? Probably not. Are you ever going to need your pistol, probably not. But we've all most of us have kind of come to the conclusion that, yeah, that's true, but I don't want to be caught without it, okay. And then there are trade offs. Carrying a pistol is uncomfortable, it is awkward, it is restricting. It's an additional thing to have to deal with all the time. You're going to have the exact same thing. If you decide to have a truck gun or rifle, a shotgun or whatever in your truck, your vehicle, as our previous caller was talking about, now you got to figure out how am I going to keep it in my vehicle and keep it secure, because if you're going to leave it in your vehicle, you've got to have it locked st up in a way that makes it really hard for somebody to steal it out of sight, certainly, but also with locks, extra money, extra effort. Yes, might not be for you, certainly not for everybody. Might not be for you, but you also may be one of those people who say, you know, if I saw somebody shooting up the place, I would want a really good tool. If I saw somebody shooting up a bus full of school kids, what would I want to have? Yeah, I'd want the best thing I could have. I'm reminded of the story this goes back for decades or more in Texas. There was a traffic stop I don't can't remember if it was a state trooper, but walks up to the car and the guy shoots him, shoots The officer also goes down same time a guy who's coming back from a deer hunt, is like one hundred yards behind, sees this going on, pulls over the side of the road. He sees the officer go down, sees the bad guy get out of his car and walk over and shoot the officer on the ground. Execute wellether it's Texas deer hunter says, yeah, not on my watch. You're not doing that. Exeptly pulls out. It's two forty three and from one hundred yards he smokes this guy there it is. That's a truck gun. That's what it's all about. When you need the distance and you need some power, you got the tool. I get it. Not for everybody. Additional complications, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I got all that. Also, Also, you got to train. You got to know what to do with it. And saying I've been shooting all my life and I've been my life. That doesn't get it. I'm sorry, that's just not enough. John was just saying, he goes his last class at gun sight was a two two three class that would be a carbone using an AR fifteen five day class, forty hours of training. Well, gee, what can you learn in forty hours? So you're just gonna go shoot targets? Yeah, no, or you could go to range ready. We provide ar classes, we could provide carbing classes. We do two day classes. You can start to get up to speed. That way, you'll go from wherever you are to quite a bit advanced from that. I mean you're not going to be Delta Force or Navy Seal level, but you'll be better, be able to do some stuff. Know how to use a sling Oh yeah, yourself defens long gun. Must have a sling on if you don't know why, that's why you go take the class. If you thought about getting a truck gone, If so, what would you get? Do you have a truck gun? If so, what do you have? Love to know? Eight six six talk Gun will get you in here or Tom Talk Gun as always, I'm Tom Gresham. This is gun Talk. Let me know what you're thinking for your personal security system.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: In a few minutes we're going to start doing the after show. That's kind of the wild crazy part of the show where we just go everywhere and it's not on the radio stations. It is the only available through the podcast. If you haven't heard the podcast, by all means you need to do that wherever you get podcasts or for Gun Talk if you want to be a part of that. If you have some questions or maybe some thoughts about conceal carry, about a truck gun, about the idea of maybe changing what you're carrying or how you carry it, I can help you with that. It's a decision process. We'll go through all that. Give me a call eight sixty six, Talk Gun. I'm Talk Gun. We'll get you into the after show. We mentioned the truck gun thing. I was just looking that combined with this decision come out of Texas, the federal judge who ruled that having to register suppressors and sbr's short bare rifles is unconstitutional, wiping out the registration requirement. Now, we'll see if that holds up, if it gets appealed, but say it's it holds At the same time, we got that going on, and then we have Smith and Weston coming out with a brand new M and P. This is an AR SBR mainline. Smith and Weston bringing out an SBR in three hundred blackout. It has an eight inch barrel on a three hundred blackout, So you got an AR with an eight inch barrel. It's threaded, it's set up it's ready for a can. So you buy this. You do not have to do the registration, the paperwork, the fingerprints, the photograph. You just go in the store and buy it. Just do the forty four to seventy three background check like you would fringing the gun. Oh and at the same time, you can buy a suppressor for it and not have to do any of the registration and the paperwork and all the rest of that. You simply do the background check for that. You run one background check, you walk out of the store with your SBR and your can, and you now have what I would offer is a pretty darn good option for a truck gun. Throw an optic on it, because I think that's critical for that, and a slim and you got a nice rig. Go ahead and do some training with it, maybe take a class. I think a lot more people are going to start doing that, especially having watched the video. Video is so powerful. Watching the video of this guy at the in and out Burger in Twin Falls, I'd home murdering people with an AR. Three good guys with handguns tried to stop him. One couldn't because he was carrying empty chamber. He got shot in the arm. And couldn't work the slide on his gun. Good lord, and then two other guys, an off duty cop and good guy Solinus, throw bullets at him and force him back away from everybody so he stops killing people. But boy, wouldn't it have been helpful to be able to reach into your truck and pull out a rifle or at SBR something that where you can just hit him at one hundred yards and hit him hard and be pretty well assured of making good hits. Because it's a lot easier, frankly, to hit somebody at one hundred yards with a rifle than it is with a pistol. Just what it is, I'm just going to offer. I think maybe the time has come to give some serious consideration if you are that person, that guy, that gal who says, yeah, I'm not gonna let people get murdered in front of me, and I'm going to take steps now to make sure that I am equipped physically, mentally, have the right gear, have the right training. I just I couldn't live with myself if I watch somebody simply mow down kids or innocent people and I couldn't do anything about it. So I'm going to do this thing so just food for thought, something to throw out there. You've got to figure out who you are and what you would do. Maybe, you know, sometimes you would want to run away, that would be the right thing to do with everybody. Other times you say, yeah, I can't run away from this. I can't I can't leave this. I have to do something about it. Get the tools, get the training, make it happen. Decide who you're going to be. That's really worth it's about. Hey, if you want to join me on the after show, call me right now at Tom Talk Gun. In the meantime, go out and do some shooting, get some training, sign up for a class, be safe out there, check your six and never ever be a victim.