Speaker 1: Welcome to spacing Out with BB and Jason this week covering Foundation season three, episode five, where Tyrants spend Eternity.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Spacey Now.
Speaker 3: I'm Babe and I'm Jason, and we are discussing the Apple TV SI Fi series Foundation, one episode at a time, and we're trying to keep up with season three as it releases every week, and we've done pretty good so far, if I might say so. In this episode, Day disappears into Micagen on New Terminus. Captain Pritcher is berated by Mayor Endeber for his meeting with the Mule and is imprisoned. Torren Malow's ship returns to the planet Haven, where it crashes after being targeted by planetary defenses. Mallow and his party are rescued by his uncle Randu. Beta and Randu discuss the effects of Magnifico's music and the role this could play and allowing the Trader faction to control the Foundation. Gale and Dawn traveled to Clarion's station, where Don Blackmail is a local leader. Terrasts in order to sway the votes for imperial enclosure of Kalgan. The Imperial Armada encloses Kalgan, but the Mules already left, and the unleashes kalgan Star's power to destroy the planet and the armada down forces Gail to reveal that he was set up for the Enclosure to fail. Donson's a message to us before he's attacked by a vengeful Terrists can stuck out of an airlock in the space, and then Demrseau arrives at Gale Ship.
Speaker 2: Crazy five check.
Speaker 1: Did we like the episode overall?
Speaker 3: We are at the halfway point of the season, so how does episode five state?
Speaker 2: It's very good, it's very interesting, things are moving. I feel like we're not stuck in one story in particular. We're getting a little bit of everything, and.
Speaker 3: It's almost like they can't fit all the stories into every episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I was gonna say, like some of it felt like it didn't get a time, Like we got a little taste, but it's like we could have expanded more on that. But it's it's coming together pretty well. I like it a lot. I'm excited for the next episode next week, and I don't know, I'm just like really enjoying the show right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely, every episode we're watching this season, Like when it ends, I'm just like, oh damn, has it already been an hour? Because I just want to keep seeing for each of these arts is going.
Speaker 2: It doesn't feel like an hour long show right now, which is good because it used to feel.
Speaker 3: Like awfully long. Yeah, but it is holding up really well.
Speaker 1: Trivia time, What facts or news could we uncover for where Tyrant's spend Eternity?
Speaker 3: This was Foundation season three, episode five, Where Tyrants Spend Eternity. This originally aired on August eighth, twenty twenty five. Written by Caitlin Parrish and lay Dana Jack and directed by Christopher J. Byrne, who was a director who's worked on Star Trek Discovery and Star Trek's Strange New Worlds as well as American Gods. He's also going to be up directing some of the upcoming Marvel show Vision Quest, which I believe is a kind of a continuation of Wanda Vision for Vision, and he's also worked as a composer for TV shows. So there was an interview with Dusk actor Terrence Mann that has him stating Dusk, the Mersal and the other Kleons for that matter, are desperately clinging on and now things have occurred that forced him to make really hard toys about who's going to live, who's going to die, and what's ultimately going to save the empire, and then he hints that the black Hole Gun might be taken for a ride or too very soon, which is, you know, no surprise since they set that up early in the season, and you know.
Speaker 2: Well, I was, I feel like everybody has like a planet killing machine. Now what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's no word yet on there being a season four. I just wanted to check in on that, but we do know that if it does get approved for a fourth season, it's going to be a whole new like writing staff and showrunner. So that's weird. Yeah, that's really weird. But I'm also like, I'm trying to gauge like where this season is going, like if they're going to wrap up the Gail storyline, the Mule storyline and uh huh and.
Speaker 2: Start a new because I mean they can do that. That's the nice thing about like jumping through time and space is that you can basically start a new show that's got like the same foundation, but a new storyline, a new tragic event, a new thing that moves things forward.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, it's it's also possible, like they jump ahead and leave you know, all these characters behind, as the book did when they when they started writing sequels in the eighties. But yeah, I don't know. Originally I thought like, oh, it might take a couple of seasons to get through the Mule storyline. But the foot is on the accelerator pretty hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, deep space dive. Let's break down some of our thoughts on the episode. You can share your thoughts with us through email or social media. We may use your comments on an upcoming episode.
Speaker 3: This episode starts off with a day heading into Misogen Micagen. I always say that wrong, because that's how I said it when I was reading the books. In my head, I said, he is in the Micagen and it has kind of like a drawn Blade Runner type feel to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very dystopian future.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm really curious how they're going to portray that that place. That's all we see of him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what.
Speaker 2: Like I said, we saw little tidbits of some of them, and I'm like, oh, man, I wish we would have seen more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it feels like they need this episode to be kind of the turning point with Don and Gale. Yeah, and We're going to pick up on some of these other stories lines hopefully next episode. Pond Precher was also kind of in that boat.
Speaker 4: He wow jailed but naked.
Speaker 2: We were just talking about how he found every opportunity to take his shirt off. Now he takes it all off. Yep, Holy moly, look at those buns. There's some buns that's steel if I ever seen some.
Speaker 3: And they didn't just flash him once. They cut back to them a couple of times, and they even.
Speaker 4: Like scanned his butthole.
Speaker 2: That was unnecessary, But honestly, very like I think part of like intake for inmates things that we don't think about as people who engage in the in the carcero system. We don't think about what you have to go through to go in to prison and jail. And one of those things is like they check your head. It looks like they check your brain in this place, and then they check your butthole. At least they don't put fingers in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just a scam.
Speaker 2: And that's the last thing they do too, So it's not like they went from the butt to the mouse, like you know how sometimes people.
Speaker 4: You never go ask to mouth.
Speaker 3: I don't think they know that he has the psychic.
Speaker 2: Powers though no, they definitely do. I was ready for it, well, and I was ready for him to use them. I was ready for him to do like a like a matrix style like brain wave and he like knocks everybody out like Gail did and just walks away naked. But maybe this is part of the plan.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't think it is.
Speaker 3: I don't know what he's waiting for.
Speaker 2: And then I want to know what's the significance of that necklace that he had, because it was but ugly. It's like an ugly piece of leather.
Speaker 4: Or steel or something. What what is?
Speaker 2: And and then it was like a it felt like a symbolic moment when his protege took it off, So like I wish I knew the backstory to that before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, and it seemed weird. They like include that was the like an afterthought, almost like oh, yeah, he has this thing on him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they took every inch of clothing off of him, and then yeah.
Speaker 3: Like you scan his butthole before you remove the jewelry from him?
Speaker 4: You scanned his.
Speaker 2: Oh man, that was too much and we needed a little humor.
Speaker 3: That was that's all the really is to say about him.
Speaker 4: I guess, yeah, I mean there's a lot there.
Speaker 3: Should we jump to the Mallows? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was thinking about the Mallows and how like they barely made it out of their live and apparently the boy Mallow was like, I know where we have to go when I don't want to go, and it's to his ancestral lands.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So that's where the Traders are headquartered.
Speaker 2: And they're very like proud of their history and their background. And I'm like, I don't get it. I don't get it. They're like, no, no, no, we're traders, we're innovators, we're capitalists.
Speaker 3: They believe they're the strength of the Foundation. Yeah, and they're apparently consider themselves to be in a I guess in conflict with the Foundation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're like rivals. I wonder if it's a rivalry where only one of the parties is like in a rivalry or what, And like how would they react if they found out there's a second Foundation?
Speaker 3: They'd be like, well, where's the second Traders Union?
Speaker 2: Her?
Speaker 4: But I don't know.
Speaker 2: I thought it was interesting that like the girl Mallow was like trying to convince that guy to go with them, and like determinus, I don't know what they're doing in Terminus though, they're gonna meet with who's in terminus, that's the Foundation, right, Yeah, so they want to go to the Foundation to take this guy, this musician with very big power. And I wonder if the Mules on their son at all about that.
Speaker 3: We don't know. Is all we really hear from the Mule other than the enclosure thing is that he is he wants the he wants the musician back. Yeah, yeah, that's that word is out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And so I think like the Foundation and the Empire are very interested to speak to this musician and get more intel on what's up. And I can't believe Gail like totally threw baby Dawn under the bus like that, she totally played him.
Speaker 3: And then she done the pawn.
Speaker 2: Oh every time that poor kid, it's usually a woman too.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And then he might have died. We don't know what happened to him. Maybe Drumosol is going to rescue him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I so I had like a little bit of this episode spoiled for me just when I was trying to prepare for the episode. And I was under the impression that he was going to die at the end, but watching it, like there's a chance he's in a suit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's in a suit, and Remasol's right there looking for him and his little antibodies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he still has his Nannie.
Speaker 4: So I don't know, man, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Gale and Down just so they were starting to work together.
Speaker 2: No, I think I feel like there was a lot of tension between Gale and Dawn, especially after he found out that she has mental abilities. You could tell him like withdrawing from her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's very uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so and then to find out that she played you like and then Homeboy was like he killed somebody's mistress. Like, I can't put I can't pin down down with like what he's doing. He sent a message to Dusk, which is kind of nice. He's like, hey, brother, like, I hope you're doing well. I did what I had to do. I'm trying to change the world. And then he like leads he goes and manipulates this man who has a family on the planet that he's trying to quarantine. And that's all he's trying to do is quarantine the planet. Like basically like write an embargo, like trying to keep everybody in and now no movement. I don't know why you can't take his family out before that.
Speaker 3: Though, I don't know. Well, I think he's been having trouble trying to get them off the planet already because of the mule being there. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's going on with Don. He's just kind of wild card right now, and I'm hoping he finds like he's able to stay alive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, it would be more interesting to have him alive, yeah, than just like Demersal decanting another one of.
Speaker 2: Them, Yeah, and Demerzal finding Gail and she's like, you look well for three hundred years?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I guess they must have shared screen time in like the very first episode. Yeah, they've seen each other, but yeah, they're not characters that we've seen together in a really long time. Yeah, which is I think kind of an exciting thing about this seasons that we're mixing up some of these characters more.
Speaker 2: I feel like Gail should be like, you look well too, bitch, how do you stay so preserved? Because does Gail know that Demersal is a robot?
Speaker 3: Maybe because she knows that Demersal is still around because she's talking to Don and talked about her having the prime radiant.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so she might know.
Speaker 2: You must know, unless they think she's like clean on where she gets recanted every year or whatever, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I feel like the Second Foundation might have some people around the palace as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they have people everywhere.
Speaker 2: I was surprised when they landed on that planet that they had somebody in like immigration checking their papers. And I did like that trick where she looked like Don and then she made everybody fall asleep. That was kind of cool. And then when she admitted that she's like to be honest, I don't know if I'm mannipulated you or not.
Speaker 4: It's hard to tell.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: She had to say that, yeah.
Speaker 3: That's a little too honest right before this mission.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he like and she totally used him and made like I understand the goal was to like make Empire weak, which I think she succeeded, but damn, at what cost? She killed a whole planet. That doesn't make her better than Empire. That's a planet for planet. They have the same death toll.
Speaker 3: Now, Yeah, she's manipulating on like a galactic scale.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: If I was done, I'd rather die than have to face the consequences of being that empire, you know, being the one who pulled the trigger on that one being like oops, but it kind of tolls you, Like, Yeah, guys, the mule is like, seriously a bad guy. Look at what he's capable of. And if we would have done this when I wanted you to do it, like two weeks ago, we would have got his ass.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it sucks that he like made that big speech about the failures of the previous as empires.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just kind of highlighting that you're another failure friend.
Speaker 4: Yikes.
Speaker 3: We know how the last enclosure went, and now this.
Speaker 2: One they're gonna make enclosures, I legals, Yeah, forever, no empire will ever do an enclosure ever again.
Speaker 3: Now they have continued to mention salv War throughout the show, and now we know that she has a zygote that is being kept on the ship.
Speaker 4: That was weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why would you keep them on a ship? Why wouldn't you keep them at home, like where they're safe and they're secret in your secret planet instead of on a ship where you're traveling and getting shot at and chased.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel like I would keep my unborn babies in a freezer at home instead of in my car. You know, yeah, what if my car got hijacked.
Speaker 3: That's a fair point. But I guess like the ship with salv Wars, it was just like keeping it.
Speaker 2: But the zygote is in salve war. That's salve warss unborn sisters. Well not even A zygot is a clump of cells that comes together when an ovum and an or an egg meets a sperm cell successfully and it like like it duplicates and creates a cluster of cells. So it's not like she has like a little fetus. She just has like cell clumps that have her DNA and RJ or whatever his name was her. And like, as she told her current boyfriend about the zygoats, does he know that her other her baby daddy still has like prime real estate taken up in her ship. Is he going to be like, well, I want to make aseye goo too, Like I don't know, like how does that work with the reproductive systems? Because did they take all of her eggs to create these like babies or does she still have some viable eggs that she could make on her own? Does she still get a period? How do periods work when you're frozen? They must only come down whenever you're like awake, right, I wonder how that works. Nobody's explained this. They need to explain this. We need to know about Gail's periods.
Speaker 4: What are you looking up? Hello?
Speaker 3: I'm trying to understand. I thought that the zygoat was like Salvar's child.
Speaker 2: Why she never preserved her eggs?
Speaker 3: Did she?
Speaker 2: The only one that ever had a zygoat? Was freaking Gail when they were getting ready to go to the First Foundation, And I thought Salvar gave.
Speaker 4: Them to her?
Speaker 3: No, she says it as it's Salvar's zygoat. Oh okay, so that's Gail's grand baby. Oh so wh whose sperm?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 3: Probably her blue eyed boyfriend?
Speaker 2: When did she have time to do all that? Doesn't she sleep for three hundred years and wake up and find a fake blue eyed boyfriend? The timelins before all that, This timeline's not adding up. You can't just spring a zygo out of nowhere. Okay, that's that's got to be a procedure. What's it say?
Speaker 3: There's people speculating that could be a return of salvar through this.
Speaker 4: That's weird.
Speaker 2: I don't like that they're basically saying this is like a clone. But is that it's like each zygote is individual, unless there's like twin zygotes or whatever, but even then they're still independent people.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I think the science is mushy and unclear.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I think that's definitely something that's going to come back and we'll get some answers on it, because yeah, it's very just drop that there for you know, a random conversation.
Speaker 2: Well, it's fucking don like like uh looking around, like finding shit and like touching everything, like leave shit alone down those need to stay in the refrigerator.
Speaker 3: Well he walked in on her, checking in on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh that's what it was.
Speaker 3: Okay, Any other thoughts on the episode?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the girl mellow.
Speaker 2: Yes, when she came out of the shower or she was after she bathed, her hair was perfectly curled and like just perfect, and I'm like what, I was like, what how does that work?
Speaker 3: She has really good products?
Speaker 2: She must mean she's sponsored to Hale Yeah, holy shit. I was like, damn, that must be nice to just like get out of the shower and your hair's perfectly done. That's the future I want to live in. But that's all I had. Yeah, Oh, I did want to talk about how Brother day Uh showed his cunning again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he didn't ride right into a trap.
Speaker 2: It was very short, very very short lived little bit of him that we saw, just like a little vignette of what's going on over there in Miderville. I don't know, but he's a he's very cunning right now, and I kind of like seeing the side of him. It's very interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, he's more sober than he's been. They took away his connection, so he's got to get her back.
Speaker 1: National Queen. Who was the standout character in the episode?
Speaker 3: Who do you think was the standout character? Was it Brother don I think.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm gonna go with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he was like a cold hearted murderer and manipulator, and he was like fully trusting Gail and leaning in. What a fool and then he gets stabbed in the back and shot in the chest or shot at and then.
Speaker 4: They push him out the airlock.
Speaker 3: Yep, fully gave him the old Cylon treatment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I'm like, I'm gonna vote for Down today just because he learned some lessons and he's like, I don't know, it's just very interesting to see him this rule.
Speaker 4: You never know what's gonna happen with Don.
Speaker 3: Nope, But if he survives, I think he's gonna be very angry. I'm imagining like him going out the airlock and Demersal with no space suit or anything, just like comes up and grabs him. Am I gonna pick? Gail is so conflicting because she was using and killing and manipulating. She also did such cool tricks along the way. Beta Mallow was interesting, but I don't really understand what their whole plan is or why that was important. I do think it's really cool that the Merzal showed up there, but I can't give it to her son that I'm gonna pick brother Don as well. All right, all those reasons, so it is Don day and we will try to get him those awards if he survives. That's all we have for this episode. Will be back next time to talk about season three, episode six, The Shape of Time. We hope you will join us for that, So thank you for spacing out with us, and remember what's your advice.
Speaker 2: My advice is not to piss off somebody who knows where you're at and can shoot you off the air lock. And always make sure you look to make sure there's no like mistresses listening to your conversation that can be incriminating.
Speaker 4: Like when he walked in, he could have been like, are you alone? Yeah, Empire, of course, are you sure? Why are you home?
Speaker 2: You're supposed to be out, like at work, you're in a Rowe put two and two together, don god, damn.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's all I got. Take care.
Speaker 1: Thank you for spacing out with BB and Jason. You can help us out by subscribing and leaving a positive rating or review. Remember you can contact us through email or social media. Next time, we will cover Foundation season three, episode six, The Shape of Time. We hope you will join us us
Speaker 3: MHM