Speaker 1: Hey you there, thanks for tuning in. You're ready for another episode of my big Foot Sighting. All right, then let's do this.
Speaker 2: Seen a bunch of run down, no horse towns where the church at the backbone, laws and the bow and the fasting melodies cove in with the bomb man rose with the roos, run deep beyond the nose of the busy streets with the songs of the South of su Then when I hear the promp porch picking down home rhythm bringing out I Don't Run from Banjung music.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you've had a bigfoot sighting and would like to be a guest, please go to my Bigfoot Sighting dot com and let me know.
Speaker 3: Big foot sighting happened in Cedar Lake, Manitoba around two thousand and twenty one. And my name is Kevin Arrow, and I'm from Manitoba here in Canada, and I've always been interested in I guess the topic is cryptozoology. I guess you could say since I was a kid when I was so, I grew up in Winnipeg, Manitoba, but I'm originally from a reserve up north College of alan Creenam and they're adjacent to Cedar Lake, Manitoba, I mean to Cedar Lake, the lake that's or I saw my had my sighting. And but when I was a child in Winnipeg, I got into a library of a school and I got into all kinds of topics and one of the interestings, one the interesting one was cryptozoology and all that stuff like that, like like sasquatch and all that. And the one that got me the most interested was seeing Bigfoot with Gimblin Patterson photo. I guess the best still a picture of the video he cook And like I heard stories of Harry Man, I guess you could hear from my grandfather ab lived in the wilderness. And I don't even think that my grandfather's generation even knew the name of Stassquatch is because that name comes from the West coast with the Salors people, I believe, And I guess what it depends on which the area you're from. There's a different term for the same being, like the yeti or yeah we or sasquatch or a bigfoot. But yeah, So I became interested in that was because of the books I was reading in school, and I became a believer in such a such a topic of Sasquatch and I grew up in the city, so I barely We only went up north twice here in the summer and then for Christmas once in a while. But we got to uh hear about I guess the stories of Sasquatch. I guess you'd say from community members. But this was during the eighties, and uh, I know there was one story of this gentleman who went out hunting with a rifle in this particular area and he ended up coming back naked with no gun. Then he didn't want to talk about what happened to him. I guess he was traumatized by it and he didn't Uh he didn't go back hunting after that is but what people say, I don't know this man personally, but it was just a story whose story that happened in my community of my hometown. But where I'm from the that's the uh Seier Lake Umocre Nation. There's many people who have who I had sightings of Spasquatch. I guess there's uh like my people give a little into the history of that. I guess a bit. We came from the islands inside Cedar Lake, and uh what happened was the provincial government and the fifties decided to build it down at the end of this Saskatchewan River and Gyda Rapids, Mannesota, and they ended up flooding lake into a huge, a bigger lake, and uh, our people got flooded out of our the islands we still on. And they made a new town called Eastville, Manitoba, which they built in the sixties. So in the when they made that newly formed town, I guess the highways didn't go that high up north past a town called Gibsonville, Manitoba. So when they built the dam in Grand Rapids, they have to build the highways six further up north to reach the dam, and in doing so they have to build a highway. Sixty we runs east west, number six runs north south. So where they built that number sixty highway was a land bridge which is on It's situated in between Cedar Lake on the Soffshore, Cedar Lake and the north of Blake, Winnipegosis. And it's a very long and narrow strip of land. It's like six kilometers wide and probably like sixty kilometers long maybe. So my theory was growing up that was that's called the land bridge. Pretty much it's geological name of that formation, and I just had a theory that well, obviously it is anything wild that lives in the wilderness would cross during the summertime on the land bridge, and that's where they built this number sixty highway. And what happened in the after that highway was built in the nineteen sixties, that's when people from the south started having sightings because they weren't there was no highway there. I want for like its whole existence, and all of a sudden, the provincial government builds a highway right along the whole land bridge. So there started to be sightings of Sasquat by people of who aren't from our community. So there's one sighting of a teacher in the sixties after the highway was built. She recorded to the I can't remember if it was a Winnipeg Free Press or the Winnipeg for Dune newspapers that she saw a big, large, hairy man or whatever I monster. And that's that's that. I remember seeing that a news article. I can't find it again. I checked, but I could probably go into archives and find it. Type I really was. But yeah, that's the first, probably the first reporting of a Sasquatch in Cedar Lake area by non Indigenous person. Yeah, so there's a portage there in between the two lakes that indigenous people used. And how I got into this topic of us the Sasquatch. I wanted to know about the history of Cedar Lake pretty much and where my people came from. And I discovered that why it was called Cedar Lake was that's the only lake or only location in all of Western Canada besides the West Coast, that had cedar trees in abundance. If the listeners want to look on the like Google Earth and they zoomed into Sea Lake and they looked at the south shore line. Uh yeah, you could see the land bridge I'm talking about. And near the west side. Southwest shore line was where the a huge river called the Saskatchewan River that flows from like Yukon or I remember a farm uh Alberta. I think, all the way through the Saskatchewan and through Manitoba, and it goes went through Cedar Lake and the most east part of the rivers ended at Grod Rapids, Manitoba, and that's where that dam was built. But h where the Saskatchewan River met Cedar like has created North America's fourth largest inland delta at the time. Ah, and what that happened. What happened was when the Saskatchewan River was draining h its contents and its nutrient rich silk that was gaining since standard the last sliced age. I guess all that nutrients and the silk created this like environment that supported all a rich amount of life. All kinds of wildlife were attracted to that delta area and they created a marsh and they all at the summer berry marsh. And uh, indigenous people were attracted as well, because what happened was that delta created so many birds every spring. And uh, what happens to the indigenous people were living off of pemican all winter, which is pemmican is like like a food source that they Indigenous people created out of like buis and meat wild berries like blueberries, and rendered that and they mixed it and they kept all all winter and they could survive off it. I can guarantee you that after like six months of eating pemmican, they got somewhat sick of it. And each spring when the birds arrived and them snow all melted, they all flocked like the literally the people flocked to like the birds the cedar lake. Uh so they could all eat from yeast pretty much from other birds that they caught, and uh and what else grew there was like all kinds of like plants and trees, and the cedar tree was growing there in abundance, and uh what what all that the resources that grew there enabled the indigenous people there to to have make canoes every year. And they all came from as far as like the Arctic and the east, the Three People, and the west all the way up to and far south as like North Dakota's. They all met there every spring and they had product ceremonies and all kinds of other engagements and memorials of people who both elders who passed in that winter. But what happened was that that happened for a while, and so I learned about how everyone was attracted to that lake. And so we've had stories of sasquatch, but there weren't We didn't call them sasquatch until probably recently, but there's stories of latter stories of the sasquatch by our people every year. And uh so what I did was some something from the hot the hot dead I guess he could say of Sasquatch activity and see the lake. I created a Facebook page called Man of the Sasquatch group. I can't remember what it's called, manat to the Sasquatch. Yeah, I can't, but I'm trying to promote Sasquatch the topic on different levels, like because I did before I get into that, like there's like a like I like, I noticed there's different levels of this Sasquatch topic. And I guess. I guess the first level, I guess is people who don't know, they're unaware of it, and I guess the second there is people who don't care. And then there's the non believers. These people, ah, they don't believe. Even if you showed them pictures or video, or even even if you had a body like a specimen, they probably wouldn't believe anyways. And then there's the scoffers, These people make fun of Sasquatch believers. Yeah, and then there's the believers and uh, these are people who've never seen seen one, but they still believe, and they believe based off of other people's stories or they believe off of pictures or videos like well, my experience. And then you go from a believer to a nowhere. These people are the ones that are in a different category. And this category of knowers also is sub categorized two people. I guess you could call it the first degree. People who saw are closed. The first degree, i'd say, were the people who were so close that they were like able, like almost touched sasquatro. They were touched because there's a story. I'll get into the story of Moosely in a second. How I know people get touched are are so close to a Sasquatch there, like this lady. There's Moose Lake, which is just north of Seer Lake. There's a reserve and it's actually I can't remember the indigenous name, but it's called Moose Lake. And I guess there was a bunch of kids walking in the outskirts of that lake, of that community, and one girl was lagging behind, and there was like a like a picked youth walking ahead. I guess a young a younger sasquash jumped out of the forest and picked that young girl up and hoisted her on her shoulder, on his shoulders. I would assume it was a he, a mantle Sasquatch, and was attempting to abduct or take that young girl into the forest, and she flipped out. As a story goes, and there's like a YouTube video of it. You'd have to look for a moose lake, Moose Lake sasquatch. If you typed in Google, you'll see a video of an elder showing the footprints. I guess he outlines the footprints with stones and pebbles just to show where the where the sasquatch walked. And I guess that girl fought off that sasquatch and she was dropped and the other youth came running and hollering. Yes. That's why I say there's that first degree of being a knowwherre, and then there's a second degree, which is the people who saw it, and I guess it could be from like zero, like zero to one hundred meters and then a hundred meter plus sightings. And and then there's the third degree I would say, I would call it, and that is they had an experience, but no sighting like noise calls or rocks being thrown from the forest. So I became a knower when I had the theory that sasquatch crossed on that land bridge from Cedar Lake. In between Cedar Lake and like Winnipeg Grosses and there's this portage that Indigenous people used to go north south, south, north whatever, and the people of the South Lake Whinnipeg Ghosts area would use that portage to go to Cedar Lake. And later on during the fur trade uh uh, the leavengrea the French family the Levere they explored the west from the Montreal area and they came across Sea Lake and they saw a richer resources whatever they so they built a fur trade for it there and they were pretty much using that portage. So what I had a theory that they the sasquash across that portage from So when you zoom in to uh, if you go into Google Earth, then you zoom in you could see all over pretty much any lake and the wilderness. That's how good the images are nowadays. You can see all kinds of wildlife trails in the trees and like up here. The isn't like how it is in the States where he could like walk like walk on the ground. Up here, it's pretty much muskeg up north or Ceedar Lake areas, and there's like limestone ground. So it's it's either you're gonna be walking on solid limestone, or you're gonna be walking on a muskeg or Yeah. So well these trails that you can see them them all around the lakes and especially Cedar Lake. Uh, like the animals use them obviously, but my theory was U Sasquatch used them as well. And so I guess that place was it's called High Portage. Uh, we're the most north part of that portage that is that meets Cedar Lake. Kind of a famous area I guess in our stories in that our community there there was a huge battle that happened there and uh yeah, so like we don't know who they were at the time. I have a theory who it is. But yeah, I've been researching about all this stuff for about like sixteen years now, like all the topics of like Sasquatch and Cedar Lake history and so High Portage is if you looked up on the map, there's a like wildlife trail connects with the human trail. Portage is made by a human. Only human is gonna go from lake to lake with their with their news. Yeah. So what happened was that I actually actually had a theory. Does that's exactly where a sasquatch crossed, and as it turned out too that I guess there's a lot of sightings of sasquatch that happened in that area, and I've heard the stories from different friends. I've seen it there. So I told my mom, I know exactly where they walk and yeah, so my mom is like one of these I guess non believers, and so I took her specifically on the trail. It's like you could take a vehicle, but it's like a wildlife the wilderness pretty much right. So the side thing I had was I told my mom to drive with Actually I was the one driving. I was I was going coasting speed the whole time from number sixty Highway off the Portage trail and by the time we got nearly to the end, that's when we saw this huge black mass in the middle of the trail and it looked like a huge bear like from Fara. And it had that been a huge bear, that would have been like the world's most world smashed world record of a black bear ever, because that thing was like, I don't like four feet five feet wide, and well we saw it was like it was like a ball on a couch down, Like we didn't know it was crouched down. We just had a huge mass on the road. And then it stood up and walked on two legs for like three strides, and then it got back down and I guess it was picking at the ground on the trail. It must have been berries or something, because there are wild strawberries that grew in the area. But I didn't check what they was looking for, but what And then all of a sudden it must have heard the van or smelled the van, because in that short time, we were trying to get our cameras ready, and by the time we had like just as we were about to start recording video and stuff, I looked around it like snapped its head back and it rose like a split second, and then it took off running. It didn't run on two legs. It ran on u its hands and his feet. But uh yeah, so when it was walking on two feet, what we saw, like my mother, uh she was saying, it's walking like a human. It's walking like a human, that's what she said. And uh yeah, that's it walked three strides and then this went back to croaching. So it's not like it was a bear. We saw a bear, but that thing was like eating half eat nine feet tall or some like. That thing was big and wide, and uh, it took off running on all hands and hands and feet like like a dog or a bear wood and so yeah, so after that sighting, we we it's it's what happened. It took off, it down it like maybe four times three times, and it took off into the bush to the right, and uh we my mother and I drove up to that spy and there was like this like hole in this forest trail was probably like a barry trail or something. And I try to go in there to see if I could see any like hair on the trees or something, and it was starting to be wood ticks seasons. I don't want to get wood ticks, man, because they're like probably babies at that time, and because I didn't want to risk it. So my mother and I continued to the lakes through the lake and uh, she wasn't scared. I wasn't scared. It's like like, I don't know why there's a I guess some people are terrified when they see it. Uh, with my experience my mother and I had was like just like we were amaze. He was like, I was like, I finally saw what I believed, you know, and where I said it was going to be. And yeah, so my mother was a one hundred percent non believer at that point, I guess based on I don't know why. Maybe I don't know. Some people don't believe stuff like that, But I don't want to guess or make up things for her. But I believed, and we sure sure enough, I saw it. I became an or that these are the levels of Sasquatch. I guess it's like five or six or something by other community members, but there's like quite a few of them. I actually want to write a Sasquatch book about this, to go along with that Sasquatch group I made in Facebook. I want to bring awareness because I know these things are real. And yeah, another thing too is I know, like what are they like? Are they are they an animal? Are they a sub human? Or they inter planetary species or intergalactic species or whatever people want to say, because trying to say they're go through like portals and like, I don't know, I think they're just some likes like Anthropithecus. I guess, I guess that's what I think They're un like the gorilla, the ape. You know, in the nine early nineteen hundreds, they weren't known about typically and uh what happened was, uh some there were stories by indigenous people of the area of sightings of monsters I guess in the mountains, and uh, finally they were documented, you know. So I think that's what the sasquatches is, some kind of undocumented heap of some sort. So I think what I'm trying to do is gain some kind of legislation, I guess with with the my provincial government, Uh, have like protection over like its habitat so it's not over mined or over over hunted or whatever, not over hunted over a log forestry, you know. So as well, I wanted to have laws where people can't shoot one if they think they're gonna go hunt sasquatch and get away with it, as well as what other kind of legislation. Oh yeah, I like to harass it. And it's like a known habitat. Ever can if we could, we could really locate where like maybe potential breeding ground is Because part of my research into Manitoba history, I've been reading about, well, the Cedar Lake frank Into Cedar Lake has different errands to its being to its presence, I guess. And that was the last ice Age. This whole continent, pretty much more than continent was covered in like two mile high ice ice sheets all over all over the the continent and that over time melted away and it created this huge lake called Lake Agacy that covered most of the western provinces, and over time that lake drained, and uh, that's where we see the remnants of the smaller lakes that we see on the map, like the Great Lakes and like larger lakes like Lake Manitoba, like Whennipay goth this and Cedar Lake even and the other history that it has is with once that lake trained human and we're attracted to area is because of the resources that were going and locking here pretty much. And indigenous people met at c l A and made canoes for six thousand years roughly, i'd say. And next was the Europeans. They came in the English up north in the Hudson's Bay. They had the Hudson's Bay Company and they did vankom Land for like a couple of hundred years or one hundred and fifty years or something. Ny only stayed in their forts when they built these factories they called them. And I guess one one young man Englishman named Henry Kelsey. He was the first European to actually leave the fort walls and to intermingle with the indigenous people. And over time he learned the language of Cree and Uh. I guess his employer's the bosses of Rocking Bay Company h SAW. So they uh hired him are they forcefully said, he volunteered to make these excursions into uh. Well. First they sent Henry Kelsey up north, north of Churchill, and he ended up that being a failed mission because he couldn't walk in a straight line for very long because of all the small lakes that were there. Riddle of the north in the tundra. So he came back to Hudson's York factory it's called and uh they sent him south and I guess he was gone for like three years. And where he went that whole three years was like a mystery. And because noting like the Europeans, didn't have a map of the area. It was Mapia. So for the longest time, the travels of Henry Kelsey was unknown because he wrote about his his travels after the fact, and his journals were locked away in a storage for like two hundred years or something. And when his journals were found in nineteen twenty, when I believe it was early twenties, that's when the European and people were the topic of Cedar Lake started to pop up and they were wondering where he went because he wintered in sixteen ninety one and sixteen ninety two. Didn't know. But what he wrote about sounded like my grandfather's stories of where we came from before we were flooded out of Cedar Lake in the sixties. And so I started to read about the history and yeah, so saw Cedar Lake has a different history to it, and so the Sasquatch. There's like a lot of stories like of people that saw. There's this one guy I knows he's passed on as his rest of peace there. His name is Robert Walker. He had a fish camp. He's a correctal fisherman, and his fish camp was in the wilderness and that's sitting adjacent to Cedar Lake. And he was telling me one time he had all this fish in the fish cubs and he had ice right on top of the fish, and he was ready to put them in his boats. When he went back to his camp, his cabin, and when he came back, all his tubs were tipped over, and there was no bear around, and there was like a bear would have would have been a bear. He would have just tipped over like one or two and started feasting and there would have been a mask right there, and and there was no no uh, no fish anyway, they were just all this. It was like, I don't think it was forty hubs of fish that was tipped over. And he told me another time when they were camping like in that camp, because that fish camp was like away from the settlement of where we're from. I guess he bought a little dog with him and that dog was barking all night because he was He's telling me that he always gets the harassed by something like something throws rocks at his cabin, and so you thought he's having a dog this time, and he like, so the dog was outside while they were inside, and the dog was just barking away, and all of a sudden, the dog yelped, and I guess the dog was thrown against the side of the cabin really hard. It stopped barking and who said that it was, it's probably a sasquatch. With all the sightings of the sasquatch in the Cedar Lake area there there is more than one sighting obviously by our people. And there's a actually three different sasquatch that are recorded by people that I talk to you for my community of two crenation one is like the first one that I hear the most, is like eight feet nine feet tall and all black, black fur, black hair, whatever you want to call it. Yeah, very muscular. And this one it's so large that what it does to be not seen is it as it falls like like a like a spider or or runs away like like a bearwood on it's feet in its hands and uh, No one is like a four feet five feet wide out there. And the second one is uh is black too. It's as well, but it's only like, uh like eight feet maybe seven feet and it's it has a bit of a uh like I don't know, brownish or reddish fur on its chest. And uh there's a third one that scene and it's kind of brownish reddish and it's about seven feet tall as well, eight feet tall, and uh, my friend of mine actually saw the same one I saw, because he had the same him a description and I told him. I was like, hey, man, and my and my like I said, my mom, mother, and I saw it and I told him what happened. He's like, yeah, that's what he said. One time when he was on that same protagon. He uh, he was like hunting pretty much, he's a hunter. And he said he came across it and uh, I guess that sasquatch gone up, like he said how a football player would get down in a line of three point stands pretty much. And he said he looked like he was going to charge out in him and attack him, and then he realized that he's not a threat. And he's like six feet tall, a little skinny guy. I guess he's not skinny, but we'll probably hear this aroun but I called him skinny guy. But he's actually like compared to sasquatch, he's a skinny little guy. But yeah, so like many like I like many stories of this creature, this big being, and yeah, so I had other experiences to not the sightings in the same area, and one time when I went to that same place. So this is what I've been doing there. I've been leaving food when I have been going there. I haven't been there a little while, but I was leaving food with my scent on it, like apples or bananas, And I like to think that my scent is known with these Sasquatch. And I'm not a threat because I want to try capturing images of them on a camera and I've learned how to use a professional mirrorless camera recently and I'm actually quite talented with it. And uh, I was told that it's even if you had like a mirrorless camera, even if a used film, it's still like people are going to say that it's fake or whatever. You know. It's like, let's back to the like the levels of sasquad. There's always going to be the people who are going to deny it. You'd have to like literally get one in a zoo pretty much for people to be believers. However, the believers and non scopers, which defeats the whole purpose of why I'm trying to get some kind of legisla for protection in mega Province of Manitoba. I love the province. Yeah, So so I had that other experience, uh was when I went to the High portage with my buddy. I was just talking about Edmund and uh, like we heard some kind of like a wizzing sound. And the best way I can describe it is, uh, you know I've ever watched Crocodile Dundee when he tells that or porter he's going to the he's going to make a phone call and he goes with world some wooden contraption in the air and it like makes a I mean noise, And I was like, what is that in He was like, I don't know. We hear that here sometimes we don't know what it is. And this is like right in the middle of the wilderness pretty much, and like, I don't know any animal that will make that sound, Like no deer, no, no moose, no error would make that whizzing sound, or a coyote or a wolf. I don't know anything that would make that sound in the middle of the wilderness. And what I think is they have like a system of how they war on others that are there, is they've learned to World some kind of wooden fank maybe around in the air. I don't know what would make that like twirling sound. And another another experience I had in the area was like, I heard it now a noise when what what we heard had to have to set a lips on its face because, like I said, again, it's the middle of the wilderness, and what I heard sounds like this here, my lips are kind of dry. But what I asked real loud, like what I like, I pretty much made that sound what I heard, And uh, but what the being that made that sound was like way deeper out of deeper long capacity you could tell you like, so they I believe that they've created a set of warning calls with their lips, with their whooping, with the whoops that they do, and and with some kind of device or something that they used to wiz in the air. And yeah, so there's another topic I guess you could get into if this is uh vocalizations and do they have a language? My mom was telling me a story about this man, an older man, who said he knew how to communicate with these beings. There wasn't no word for sasquatch then, but he said that he knew how to communicate for them, and he would go in to wilderness, and I guess he would do that often, and then one day he didn't come back. So they must have some kind of language. And all right, how I and elder the indigenous man knew how to communicate with him, I don't know how that was possible, but that's what he did, you know. So they must have some kind of language with amongst themselves, like well, like all creatures on earth have some sort of language to communicate with each other. So yeah, I thought this is whooping calls were pretty weird, but like I wasn't scared. My mother wasn't scared either when we saw we had our sighting because I when we got to that lake, as I as I said, I left her because I was, like, I've been researching about the history. So that lake that's has claimed a lot of lives of the the Sanuis over the years. People have died crossing it. It's a big lake, but it's not like a very large lake. So like there was like winds make huge waves. But that's another thing too. It's a crazy little side story was when my brother and I were like seven and he was six and their little cousin, Blair was five, we found this styrofoam like for a sighting on the house for the exterior, and we thought it would be a good idea to uh swim all the way to uh see her to the Collins Island. Uh So if you looked up the map and you looked up the count of eastergl and he zoomed in and you look how far Collins Island was, and you would I think that three little kids is making their way a strofoam. And what happened was left to like eleven and we ended up almost making it like you could see the you could see the grass in the mark whatever the reeds of the shore of that island. When and what happened was it started getting really windy, and waves started growing, and all of a sudden, lightning and thunder, and the waves turned into like three meter high or plus. I can't remember how Pollard was, but I told my youngest cousin to be in the middle, and we went to the locked arms and I was on the right side, my brother was on the left side, and my cousin just held his hands together and we were in that lake for like ten hours, going up and down, kicking, and there was windy and it was like being in a bowl pretty much. You know, I feel like at a bowl like a cereal ball and if you look at the bottom, it's like a the inside of a bowl. The only time I guess you could say we were in danger pretty much was when we hit the crest of the wave. And yeah, I think of this every day that I'm fifty years old now and I haven't stopped thinking about this incident. But when we hit the crest of the way, that's when we looked around and we saw like thousands and thousands of crests with the one we were on, and I remember seeing the community lights and you can only see it for like a spit second once you hit the crest, and every now and then we're getting closer, and we're getting closer, and then finally we hit the breakwater. That breakwater pretty much saved our lives because otherwise we would have been smashed on the on the limestone. The shoreline, they're like they're like walls pretty much. Oh yeah, the lake cleaned a lot of lives. And uh so I was looking for I was looking for artifacts on the shoreline, like pottery, uh even dish shards from the fur trade. And uh so I left my mom there at that location. So it's like when you see the sasquatch I guess it's different some people. Some people are like terrified, they're like so scared, you know, just from just just because their eyes saw one, you know, and that's just the sighting. And uh I felt like when we my mother and I saw that sasquatch, we weren't even uh we weren't even scared at all, Like my mom's in their seventies. And I left like one hundred meters meters from that sighting where we saw it, and uh I went looking for artifacts. Mm hmm. Yeah. So that's that's my thing on on all this Sasquatch topics, and uh So what I'm trying to do is, uh, I'm trying to write about Sasquatch book about these different levels and other things, because there's other as well, other topics of the paranormal. I guess you could say about the area. And there's like lights in the sky that we always see that are weird and people are trying to say that like UFO, I guess, And there's even stories of like, uh, like large snakes like cedar Pogo color thw like there's some kind of large snake that lives in there the river, I mean in the lake and we've named it STUDI Pogo, and then there's I guess, like I don't know, I think mermaids even merman. I don't know if there's any a validity that, but there's the elders totally talked about that in the area. So that's year Lake is like really rich and uh everything history, the resources that's supported indigenous people of all kinds. There's like the most important meeting place even Sasquatch came to the area. And yeah, so with Henry Kelsey too, like I go back to him. We were looking for his wintering location because he left what he calls us Spring Cross with the name Edward Deering and the date sixteen ninety two on it. And my theory is it's not a wooden cross, it's a rock formation. And why I say that was because a couple of years prior, Kelsey was sent up north and he saw in excooks. You don't know what his are, These are like a rock formation, real formations on the ground that anyway people left as markers direction. So I think Kelsey copied that idea to a degree and left because he's talked about that in his journal that he wrote. So we were called crazy, me and my cousin and his son for going into what our people call sasquatch breeding ground, which is actually the west portage of different portage I just spoke of and oh yeah, so yeah, I had another experience there totally. I know, I get to it. But so when we were going down this portage, it took forever because it's a muskeg. And so my cousin and his son were with using quads and they were both messed up quads, like one had a faulty battery but it had fat wheels, and the other quad was had a good battery but it had scrawny, skinny wheels, and the musk and the muskeg. We were constantly getting stuck and like so while they were kind of get unstuck and the other bad the quad was dying. So they were trying to charge a battery of one quad with the other. It was a mess. And it took a simple three hours trip took us literally eleven hours because we hometimes we got stuck and they got to uh pitch black. And what's what was weird was that area where they called the sasquatch breeding grounds, there was like no birds. There was like no chipmunks, there's no squirrels. There was no no chattering of birds, no nothing. It was just devoid of sound, just the deafening sound of the wind, if you will. And it was pretty eerie. And so what happened was, uh, while they were getting unstuck, because we were searching for Henry Kelsey's certain cross that he left in sixteen ninety two. There's six ninety what there? Yeah, so he uh, I kept on walking ahead and it was like literally pitch black. You couldn't see anything, You couldn't see your hand in fron your face. And whenever they got stuck, I walked ahead and I would turn around and I would watch them trying to get on stuck. And I wanted to see how it looked like to be so far, and I wanted to see if I could hear any weird noises. And as I was standing there about one hundred meters from my cousin's headlights of the quad in the middle of the forest pitch black, I'm in knee high water because it's the Muskeg. And you don't know what the muskeg is. It's pretty much an interconnected roots of many trees that are and I have like needles or deciduous trees, and when you're walking, you're pretty much being supported by the roots of the trees in many places, and sometimes you could sink your leg right real deep, or you could get the real deep spot and go up to your waistephen So I was in this knee high water in the Muskeg, in the trail and watching my cousin and my cousin Blaney and his son trying to get out of the muskeg. And then one time I heard a crack beside me, maybe about ten yards, I guess to the liking me, And uh, that was after I heard like flatching, like I heard a what like something was walking in the muskeg, and you know, you could here's this something walking in and out of the muskeg and all this, like I was a yeah, you know, And then that's when it it broke a branch or something. It must have stepped on our hit one with his knee or his shoulder or his head or something like it snapped a large branch and it freaked me out, Like I got really uh startled by that, and I thought maybe it was a bear or something. But this was like really thick bush. Really, this is like the wilderness. And so I whistled as loud as I could with my fingers, and I thought that whatever that was but running off in the in the pitch block, but it didn't even move, and uh, I swear that was a sasquatch. And uh so I told my cousin, what you know, and I said that something's right here. I was pointing to my left. I said something's right here, and uh, I didn't want to stand it more, so I went walking back to them and they got unstuck. And I guess before we went on this excurgeon, we told our people that if we're not back by st an hour, something went wrong. So my cousin brought a shotgun with him, so he was signaling in the air that like every now then he had fire shots. So they the people, I guess, made this this search party. They were getting come look for us down this portage, and we finally emerged out of it like eight hours after the factor's supposed to be back. And when we were finally safe beside the highway and out of that muskeg, they were saying that something was walking at the opening of that portage just beyond the because the opening of that portage is right underneath the power line, so there's like a clearing there and the clearing is full of water and muskeg and yeah, pretty much. They these people, the rescuers party, told us something was walking and at the opening of that that portage crail and they we all of a sudden emerged from there. And that's like, Tommy, I heard something, you know. So Cedar Lake has a lot of rich history with the indigenous and then the European with the fur trade, and with the lakes, both lakes. And I'm trying to actually write about all this stuff. I have like a bunch of ideas and I have never published a book, so I'm trying to find somebody to help me out to write about the history of Manitoba pretty much. And yeah, and I want to write about Sasquatch and other stuff and that crazy story I told you about being in the lake as a little boy with my cousins. Yeah, I lived a pretty uh crazy life and then I dodged death many times as a child and as a team and not so much as adult. Because I guess that's why there's like that in some mortality rate, or I guess some child mortality rate. You kids are do stupid things, and you know what I mean. So I lived to tell the tale, they say, And I have some grand ideas. I have a novel that I've set this u this like non fictional storyline based off of that battle. I spoke about briefly of a portage. It was like, we don't know who they were, but they came to they showed up in our area and we defeated them. And after like some research, I found out I'm pretty sure it was the Mohawk that came all this way because the French was here, the Landre family, and every fall the Lavra family returned from Cedar Lake with like canoes after canoe after canoe full of birds, and he was the envy of every I in the area. And so that's when I think it was like the battle between the French and the English, the British and the French over North America at the time, and the British I found like I read it to it. I saw that the Mohawks were absent from a particular battle in the seventeen eighties especially or early seventeen nineties or something like seventeen eighties and then they weren't even in their area. And that's about the timeline I say, when these people came to try to steal our furs and what happened was Levre wasn't They knew that Levonree family wasn't going back to Cedar Lake that year because of the war that was happening. There's like no market for They were like, no, no, they weren't even thinking of a fur trade in Montreal at the time because of the war. I think it might have happened around the capitulation if I said, they're probably a capitulation of Montreal and seventeen ninety or something. But yeah, so Seiar Lake has like this rich history that can support tourism of different types and yeah, it goes like Fastquatch tourism is what I want to try to have to do as well. I want to try to talk people to come and see our land and see our stories, hear our stories, and hopefully have me sity around an actual account fire talking about more stories that I'm going to learn about because I'm trying to come out sasquatch in Manitoba. I'd like to say I appreciate my time here to tell my big foot sighting that happened at the lake Anatola, and I hope to in the future tell my story in person to whoever makes their way up there. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Well, that's it for tonight's show. If you've had a big Foot siding and would like to be again, please go to my Bigfoot Sighting dot com and let us know. Thanks for listening, have a great night.
Speaker 2: Seen a bunch of run down no horse towns where the church is the backbonels and the bow and the fastring melodies coove in that the bomb Man rose, where the roofs run deep beyond the nose of the busy.
Speaker 5: Streets with the songs of.
Speaker 1: The South of su Then.
Speaker 2: I mean I hear the promp porch picking down home rhythm bringing out had on run from Banjung music. Yeah, the sound of a memory brings me back to the bluegrass playing the Madadi jack.
Speaker 6: It's become many been through it, getting through the deal on scrubs and skags, booking name bears through this Tennessee jams. There's Noah did I do it?
Speaker 2: And I hear the round boards picking down rhythm bringing out that Oh run from ben Jong music.
Speaker 7: Yeah, some of dolling.
Speaker 5: Backwards backwards and double tip poking into the sword and the strumming looking tuck start.
Speaker 7: There's nothing in the strumming out count your boy.
Speaker 5: Living, and I hear the bum boat picking down rhythm bringing us that all from from men.
Speaker 7: Of using.
Speaker 6: The city last trus me wild on the two miss scars rushing by with the beasts on the stios to man.
Speaker 5: And I hear the brown boat picking down home rhythm bringing nuts pad run from.
Speaker 7: Jump music, Yeah, summing gallop, back.
Speaker 5: Words back wos a double dumb giving in the sword and the strumming looking Turkey stars.
Speaker 7: The strumming down cuts your born living.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna hear the bum boat picking doble rhythm bringing us paddle from the.
Speaker 7: Past, summing gallop, back words back won double tub giving the sword and the.
Speaker 5: Strumming looking turky starscase the strumming down cuts your boy living.
Speaker 7: When I hear the bum boats.
Speaker 5: Picking doble rhythm, chicken boat swing, Mama's best sweet tea kind
Speaker 7: Of sound sat around the Mando music