Speaker 1: Tuesday. Why is this week grinding on? Glad to have you along. I don't know what Ril's up to, but you know, if you're gonna do this, more power to you. I will as as I will criticize, I will also say good job when you know on the off chance that that happens. And I don't know, like, what was the article the other day that Ril wrote that. I was just shocked that they wrote, oh it was maybe it was Hurricane Helene stuff, and I was just like, finally, but this is this is awful.
Speaker 2: This is.
Speaker 1: This is exactly why whenever there is something that happens, there's a gun related and all of a sudden, you get all you know, this all the same activists that pop out of the woodwork. Although, as some folks have noted, it's interesting following the Luigi thing, how there we didn't like the president didn't call for gun control, or we didn't have marches. That's weird, huh. In a ceo literally gun down in his back in the back in the in the middle of Manhattan, the middle middle of Manhattan, didn't have all the gun stuff. That's that's that's weird. Huh. Okay, Anyway, but you can't sit there and scream for more laws about stuff if you're going to not enforce the other ones. And whenever somebody says that, they're like, oh no they are, it's just you know, you gotta uh, you gotta you gotta stop it at the thing, or you gotta you gotta make sure that it doesn't get to this point, or uh whatever, uh whatever the excuse is. I don't want to hear any of it. In fact, Ross, will you do me a favor here in in about what do you think thirty minutes to an hour? Will you text the Durham mayor since we now have a relationship with the Mayor of Durham and he was we had a pretty good conversation the other day. I'm gonna send you the story he's I'm sure he's clear of the story or it's right. It's right on Ril's front page. No Consequences records revealed Durham DA's policy not to prosecute gun charges. I would like to, Yeah, let's reach out to the Durham mayor. You're a little it's it's early yet. I don't know what time he gets up, so we'll call it six thirty six forty five on's he had a chance to digest this thing, because I have to assume he's got some thoughts here. So this is this is a this is a bonker story because I guess if you're new to North Carolina, you just got here today from Estonia. No, No, they have internet because they have all those hackers over there. If you just got here to day from North Sentinel Island, well one, you're probably running around just murdering everyone. But let's say you're not, and you just got here and for whatever reason you you understand English, Durham's got a little bit of a violence and a little bit of a gun problem, all right, and they know right there's there's a lot of reasons we're not. We're not gonna sit here and break down all the reasons for it. I just want to break down one particular one, and that is this internal email is obtained by w r a L investigates through a public records request. So they're putting this in email show a possible explanation for one factor driving crime. And Durham, I will tell you what I think the reason for doing this story about it, and I think you're seeing it is course correction is course correction, the there is even though there nobody will admit it, and it's and some will actively deny it. Most most of the folks in media right now are realizing they done gone too far. And you saw some of it with Biden at the debate where they all got shown like how bad he really is, which, by the way, how bad is he still? Now? This is? This is the thing I don't unerstand. I understand he's just a few days away, Like does that we still have to have somebody in charge, Like if he is non functional, if if he's still not able to function, and arguably this has been going on for a while, don't you still have an obligation? I hate the idea that Harris would be in charge for a few days, but like you don't you still have an obligation because like, something could happen here in the one month between now and the inauguration or slightly over one month. That's another story for another day, all right. So I think you're seeing course correction on the on on the part of the media, where they're having to do softer stories or fairer stories, or at least stories that actually kind of address this because you could not convince me that Ariol would write this story a year ago, even if they're staring at the emails. That's my opinion. I don't know. I just I don't think it would be a priority, but I'm glad that it is here. So in the email obtained through public records, request a policy from District Attorney Santana Duberry's office to not prosecute some possession of firearm by a felon charges. So let's understand what we're talking about. These are folks who are already felons. These are folks who then come into contact with law enforcement for a variety of reasons, and at the time of their arrest or or they're charging. I guess if they're not arrested but are on the lamb and they're wanting them, they are in possession of a firearm. It doesn't mean that they used it. And this is this is where seemingly the dividing line is. But simple possession of that firearm. So if they go put a guy against a car and they're patting them down and they come across a handgun and uh, you know it's it's Billy Bob's handgun or whatever. And it's it's clearly his handgun, and and and he's got a record, then he is guilty of possession of a firearm by a felon. It's pretty cut and dry. He can tell you that it blew into his pants or those aren't his pants, or any of the rest, but ultimately it meets the requirements. So apparently what the DA's office is doing here is they are deciding whether that gun was being used in a violent manner or a threatening manner or really came into play. So you know it, it sounds like if the same scenario, let's let's go traffic stop scenario. Okay, you go, there's a traffic stop scenario, and uh, and the police have whatever probable cause to get people out of the car. Well, they can ask you to get out of the car anyway, that's that's the thing. You do have to get out. By the way, it's an officer safety issues spring court ruling on this thing, but whatever, And then give you a quick pat down, right and uh, And and you get that easy shoved in your pants which are barely supporting its weight, and in that in the but you didn't brandish it. You didn't even say anything. Those are cases that in the in the email, it sounds like the office would not prosecute Now if you had brandished the gun, maybe even if you showed it, or god forbid, if you fired at somebody, then they would seemingly charge people with felon in possession of a firearm. That's a really dumb way to do it, because a person who is a felon, person who is a felon who has even if it's a nonviolent crime, they have more incentive because they have more to lose in potentially using that firearm, and there is a higher likelihood that the reason they have that firearm may be anticipation of the commission of a crime, right because pre felon has a higher recidivism rate or higher probability of committing a felony than a non felon. It's just math. So by not addressing that, you what you're doing is you're essentially telling a felon who wants to run around with a firearm in case they see some cool felon stuff they want to do, or you know, it's part of a pattern of gang behavior where you know they anticipate they may have to get into some sort of shootout with folks that they're not d incentivized to carry that gun. This is what's insane. It literally is increasing or decreasing. I should say, officer safety, let me ask, let me ask my law enforcement listeners. Who are you more nervous of a convicted felon in possession of a gun or some random dude in possession of a gun but maybe in a manner where they're concealing it but they haven't met the requirements there, which is a different charge. Who makes you more I know you don't want to you don't want surprise guns anywhere, but you can't tell me that a felon or felon's not being d incentivized to carry a firearm. You want them scared to the point where they would never they would never think about it. So not only are you making it more dangerous for law enforcement who has to encounter these folks because they don't feel. In fact, there's a study and that's listed in this story. I'll get into the language of what was in the email here in a moment, but it basically points out that one of the problems in Durham is both felons don't feel that it's that it's enough of a risk to carry a gun. So they carry a gun. That's like, that's not all of them, but all but even if you have one, this is this is this is absolutely insane. Let's see here, all right, So here's here's how this came to light. So basically, one of the assistant DA's had some charges. All right, So this is actually Durham's lead assistant District Attorney, Elizabeth Ingram. He received an email from David Flores, who is a senior police officer. Okay, so it's actually the law. So the police officers doing their due diligence, like, hey, we arrested this guy, he was in possession of a firearm. Why is it when we make this arrest and these are what we arrest him on, you choose not to prosecute this? And the officer wrote, he said, I'm just following up to see the reason or if there's anything on our end that affected the dismissal. That's good due diligence on the part of the police officer. He's not accusing him of not prosecuting for any reason other than he wants to understand did one of my officers make a mistake and how they came to learn that they had a gun or any of these. Right, that's a police officers do what a police officer should do. And probably because well not probably clearly looks because they're wanting to make it more safe for officers. So he writes them, he's like, did we mess up? Did somebody not read them the right? Whatever, and actually got a response that said, I don't think that particular case was a good one for constructive possession. And this is a quote from it. Da Dewberry also has a particular philosophy slash policy when it comes to firearm by fellon charges that are not accompanied by violence or threats of violence, and keeping with that policy, I've dismissed this case. Dude, you're putting that down. You're putting that down in writing. So again, if the if it may fell in possession of a gun literally just being a felon and in possession of the gun provably in possession, that's a charge, and that's a charge that is used to deincentivize people even if they didn't use a gun the first time around, but who have a higher likelihood to be you know, in the possibility of reoffending or or in the commission of a crime. And really this is about let's you know, at the end of the day, this is about people carry guns on the regular. Maybe they do it through because it's a gang thing, and maybe they just do it because the neighborhood they live in, but have this pattern of criminal behavior and you want to deincentivize them, and they literally won't prosecute as long as they don't point it at somebody. So what it tells me if I'm a fella with a gun, is I'm gonna hold onto this thing. And if they're you know, and maybe I'll lose that gun, I'll go get go get me a new one. But if I'm not going to get charged for it, why would I not the moment I deal with whatever my other charges are, go out and run around with a gun. And then if the opportunity presents where you know, that guy we got beef with is over at the you know the sheets, why don't we just blow through there or over at Crabtree Mall and get into an old cowboy style gunfight. You absolute lunatics, What is happening over there? Don't you dare? Don't you dare ask for a single gun law if you're not going to enforce one of the easiest ones to enforce, Hesek, sorry, hold on uh. Carissa Hessek, who's a professor at UNC, said, it's rare for the public to find out about these policies. Well, maybe we should make it not so rare so that the public can really understand who who is part of keeping them safe, because clearly this is not a practice that is that is probably best practices for keeping people safe. Esx said, prosecutors have discretion to determine which charges to enforce, and then they get it. They get into some scenarios like they pull they pull a car over and it leads to a search of the vehicle. And while they don't find a firearm on any of the four occupants in the car, they find a firearm in the car. And let's say the two in the backseater felons, the two in the front are not, and it's found in like the glove box in the front. Can you charge the people in the back? Probably not. Can he charge the passenger sitting in front of the globbox that they're a felon? Now we're in a different thing. How about the owner of the vehicle, it's their glovebox. If they're a felon, can he charge them? They deal with these questions each and every day, all right, So then they talk to a couple other ded like Rn Freeman and Jeff Neeman who's Orange and Chatham. No do Berry's office did decline an interview request. I did release a statement said it's not a written or blanket policy and possession of firearm by a felon. Possession of firearm by a convicted felon is one of the most common felony charges. Yes, but if you don't charge the people who are simply in possession, then it's not being utilized for all of the deterrence reasons it was intended. In some cases those charge blah blah blah, and I've so basically they just go through and they're like, Noah, No, it only kind of looks like that because we wrote it in an email, but really in practice, it's it's not that bad. Yeah, let's uh, We'll try to talk to the mayor there, because frankly, I maybe maybe the mayor and I and others are the ones that have to get up and do Berry's face and just be like no, this is unacceptable because the mayor has an obligation to protect the officers too. That's on the mayor. I understand that he doesn't control the DA's office, but that's who that's who they need to advocate for. And maybe he is and I hope that he is. So anyway, there's your insane, pointless story to start the day. We'll be back. This is something that not only is creating a more dangerous situation for the residents of Durham, but also the police officers who when you don't prosecute felons in possession of a firearm in a secondary scenario. So basically, if you didn't hear the story you just got up in an email exchange, it shows a formal or an informal or how you want to describe, a policy where the charge for felon in possession of a firearm may not be charged. If they are it is not the firearm is not being used in the commission of the secondary crime whatever got him there, even if it's not a crime that you know, let's say they pulled them over, they thought something, They're in the normal course of you know, insuring officer safety. They pat down, they find a firearm. Even if they don't have a first charge, it doesn't require one. A primary charge. You can charge possession of a felon with a firearm, possession of firearm by a felon. And the office was choosing not to at least in some instances, basically saying, well, if they didn't use the firearm, they just had it. Well, that's not good enough because if they have it, there's obviously a higher likelihood that they're going to use it, in a higher likelihood because there's a higher you know, there's a higher recidivism rate than there is initial offender rate for felonies like that. So when you don't charge, you get things like this line in the article, which is it's an informal I said study. But it's actually an informal I don't know if it's an intake survey or what. But published in twenty twenty two, an interview of Durham County Detention Center inmates yielded some interesting results and one of the questions said, why carry a firearm if you're a felon? That's pretty straightforward question. Why would you make that decision knowing that it's against the law, right and the response was because they said they saw no consequences for carrying it. The criminal justice system is about you can say it's performative. It's also about punishment. Some people don't like you to say that, but it is. But also it's about deterrence. So many of the things that we do are about deterrence. So you don't get things that enter the justice system, they're just enter the zeitgeist. So people understand, like, there's parts of town you don't go and fool around in, right, because you'll get a much more rapid response, fair or unfair. That's the reality of it. There are certain towns and counties you don't go to if you live. I remember a call we had with I think it was with Jamal maybe but it but basically we had a caller on who was talking about I think it was Goldsboro and saying, which of the two counties you're gonna go pull shenanigans in, which which one yarn't? And that's and fell In. And criminals know this stuff, at least criminals that are doing a little bit of due diligence. Absolute lunatics. But it's not all doom and gloom. This morning we had a pretty crazy thing here at the station. I think I can talk about it, you know, since everything was on the up and up. So you know, we have a prize closet where we keep all the prizes, which is good that it was named prize closet because then we knew where very high security area. It's got its own door code and everything. AnyWho, so this morning, going by the price, I hear rustling in the prize closet this morning. It was going on in there, man, and I happen to have the door code because you know, I've been here a while. Pop it open. Ross. There was a skier in the prize closet this morning, But did he win like a trip or something? No, no, no, so yeah, no no no so so apparently he was skiing I think at like beach or something, got lost, maybe doing some tree skiing. It was a little hard to follow and boom found himself in our prize closet. He lost his skis though, Yeah, I mean it can happen, stumble in there. Yeah yeah, yeah, and I've done that. I've racked pretty hard on skis and I'm like wearing my skis and you gotta go dig them out. So but luckily he found some shoes in there that seemingly fit him, looked like they were perfect for him. And you remember how cold it was overnight and how cold it is this morning. He had had he had stuffed his coat full of tickets, concert tickets to you know, for warmth and stuff, and he was still wearing a ski mask because you know, obviously it's very chilly.
Speaker 3: So it actually wasn't that bad last night. But I heard from my sources that the reason he had to do the heat thing was because he has like a blood disorder or something like, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, so it's very cold. Yeah, well I would explain why his stuff, all the concert tickets and free t shirts and his in his jacket and hoodie there. So yeah, luckily I was able to rescue him this morning. So I look, I think I deserve a word of some sort, maybe the order of the long Leaf Pine. Maybe I don't know, but I'm just glad we were able to rescue him from our prize closet with all the concert tickets stuffed in there. Plus man, I don't know if he'll ever find his skis or his way back to Beach Mountain. So or wherever he was skiing. But crazy stuff any who, CNN is a joke. Sorry, I'm I shouldn't be laughing at this story, but it's so crazy. Do you guys remember, do you guys remember CNN rescuing the poor man from uh uh, the Syria. We talked about this, all right, We talked about this because remember they went in there and they found they found some things in this this prison in Syria one. They found subjugated political people. They found evidence of torture. They found a crushing machine. It's like a like a big vice or press where they would literally crush people to death. They found torture rooms. They found all this. But what they didn't find CNN, who then showed up on the scene after I guess the prison had been cleared. Oh, and they found I'm sorry, they also found toddler prison inside the prison, all the horrible stuff. So CNN rolls in. They're walking around when they got their interpreter and some security and whatnot, and they go into this cell area and there's a big blanket there and under it they can see what they think is a person. You saw this, right, And and they go and the person under the blanket has their all bug eye and they look like a scared mouse and they're telling via the interpreter that they're so whatever the name was that he gave and he's a political prisoner, and thank you for rescuing and and there were some questions like, well didn't they clear the prison? Why are you in here hiding under a blanket, But you know it in your mind, you're like, maybe this guy is just so mentally gone from all of the torture, like he and and and and this guy comes out and in the video there's a female CNN reporter and he like puts he wraps his arms around her arm and he's leaning. He's holding on to her like the guys, you know, like your girl does if it's a little chill and it's like oh cold, eh leans in on you what you love and uh and and they get him some water and all that, and you're looking at him. You're like, you know, for a guy who's been tortured for all this time, you're uh, you're taking it. Well, how nice your nails are? You're freshly shorn beard, Like I see, I assume we're gonna look like Rip van Winkle based on what she just told us. But still and then CNN goes on They're like, this is the most powerful journalism we've ever done. This is the most this is great. Well you have witnessed. Here is one I'm gonna read. I'm gonna this is a quote from the reporter Clarissa Ward. This is one of the most extraordinary moments I've ever witnessed. By the way, there's also video of a Ward because now they're just clowning on this woman of where she was out and she saw the iron dome working but thought she was under a missile barrage. So she like dives into a ditch and all of a sudden you just see like some Israeli people walking to go to the store and stuff. It's pretty funny looking at her, like what is this lady? Do a light of that ditch? Like that a loon man? Oh but anyway, Ward said quote, it's one of the most extraordinary moments I've ever witnessed in my twenty years of reporting. Well, there's a there's an update. There's an update. The name given was Adele Gerbel, which I don't know if you're gonna give a fake name, Ross, do you go with Gerbel. You don't go with Gurbel. You don't go with Gerbil right, not in not in that part of the world anyway, claim to have been arrested by government authorities three months earlier and had had no idea the Assaud regime collapsed, and then very quickly they were comparing this dude to those Japanese fighters on the island who didn't know the war was over. However, again, there were no signs of torture, well groomed, physically healthy. It just didn't feel like someone who'd been stuck in a hole for ninety days and then, you know, tortured again. Most people aren't going to not everyone's going to question that because of the Atroth the others, like when they literally had toddlers in there and they had a machine to crush people. It's not a hard stretcher. You throw guy on in a hole for ninety days randomly torture them. The problem was all of this stuff started to stack up, and so folks to say, hey, why don't we do some simple research. Well they did. Then they found out he is there is no Adele Gerbel, or if there is, he's not it. Instead, this guy is known his name is Abu Hamza, which is actually kind of interesting because Abu Hamza is somebody who is mentioned in Zero Dark thirty. His real name, though, is actually kind of a funny. One hold on, let me, I want to get full one here because I just got the last one.
Speaker 2: Do you.
Speaker 1: Where is the damn real name of this guy? Salama Muhamma Salama, Mohamma Salama, Mahama Salama. Well, what the hell? So who is this dude? Really? Well, he was actually a torturer and an enforcer for a sad He was the fingernail puller, he was the crusher. Dude. He was so like, now there's this sin. I don't know why he's still in there. Maybe he's looking for his favorite pliers, like the whole thing is weird. Or maybe he thought, I'm in this prison, everybody else left. If I pretend to be a prisoner, maybe when I walk outside, they won't put a stick in my button kill me. So he decided he would hide under this blanket and pretend to be somebody else. So in his and now the question is why is he in the prison. Well, here's the thing. He was actually imprisoned kind of see, he got in trouble because in addition to torturing dissidents who came through normally right of Assad's political enemies, he had some side hustles. And the side hustles were he would work with some other corrupt individuals to go out and accuse people of essentially, you know, try and overthrow the regime or other crimes, and bring him in. They torture them and then they would extort them, so they'd be like, hey, we mocked up this thing, so now you're part of the rebel whatever, and we pulled all your fingernails out, and how about we stopped doing this and you give us a bunch of money and then we get rid of the charges. So he was doing this and he wasn't sharing the proceeds. That's how he came into came into having a beef with his employer. I guess yeah. So he would work at security checkpoints. They would they would extort residents to becoming informants. They would also just shake them down for money. During the Syrian Civil War twenty fourteen, he would go around just in killing civilians and like, hey, you want me to stop killing your family, give me money, and then create these bogus like he is verifiably because we have a folder on him, in the opinion of the US government, one of the worst people over there. And he was hugging the CNN chick. But and she shared a water bottle with him too, so he had been in there for a few weeks. It sounds like because whoever his commanding officer was, he wasn't kicking him part of the pribes. So it's just corruption up and down. Man. But yeah, they didn't do any due diligence. They didn't do anything to even confirm this guy's identity because the story was too good. In fact, following what you saw, they then got wet and got him a meal. I also love the audacity of this dude to be like, you go buy me dinner too, that's great. I wonder if he flirted with the CNN reporter again. The whole thing follows Ward's work last year, where she's accused of staging a report near the Israeli guys of border, showing her and her cruise hiding in a ditch amid a barrage of rocket strikes. However, however, you then see in the in the longer video and the raw video, they're hiding in the ditch and then just the evid Israeli's just walking to go do stuff? Man, yoh got it?
Speaker 2: Run?
Speaker 1: Do we need milk to the store? Why is that lady laying in the ditch? So absolute clowns all day, every day and twice on Sunday man oh Man six forty nine. Hang on, this is honestly, this is so on brand. I don't even know what to do about it. But it also just makes me so angry because and I know I sound like a broken record. I don't sit here and mock Durham or any other place that deals with crime if they're actively trying to do something about it. And it takes the community, but it really takes people in position of power. And so we had a conversation with the Mayor of Durham. I did the shot spotter stuff, which you seemed to be a fan of. I think that that's probably a good thing and to have then other folks in this city decide that it's not a good thing because it showed too many gunshots in neighborhoods that were they didn't like it showing is I mean, it's just crazy talk. And so when you couple that with this story that ri e l Yes, that's right, Wril did this morning where they have some emails and the emails are between a a police officer in Durham and a member of the DA's office that DA Dooonberry has and basically they had made an arrest and as part of the arrest, the individual was a felon who had a firearm and so that was included in the list of charges there and it got thrown out. And so now you have a member of the Durham police who's like, did we do something wrong? Did we violate something legally where you can't do the charge because we don't see it on here. And it was explained in email that there is a policy you call it an informal policy, but still a policy. If I read the words that you wrote quote, I don't think that particular case was a good one for constructive possession. DA Dewberry also has a particular philosophy slash policy when it comes to firearm by fellon charges that are not accompanied by island so understand or threats of violence. So basically, if it was a traffic stop, they had some other reason to come in contact with this person and give them a pat down or a full search, or they were being placed under arrest. Therefore, now that everything's getting searched, and they found that they found the gun, if the gun wasn't threatened, brandished, utilized, then apparently the informal policy was not to charge that person. But the reason you charge them is to terrence. And in twenty twenty two they were doing some research into various various crimes and why people participate, what drove them to it at the Durham jail and they asked people who were literally being charged with this or not charged with this, well, why would you? Why would you? Why would you be in possession of a firearm if you're a felling And the answer that was given to the researchers was there's no consequences. Well, why have the law if you're not going to use it as deterrence and simply as an up charge. You're only using half of it. So to have this literally put in writing is bonkers man, and is absolutely contributing. You can't convince me otherwise to any issues that you may have Endurham, as it would in any community where you chose not to enforce the laws, and then have the audacity, as Newberry has, to advocate on behalf of more gun laws. It's so counterintuitive. I just can't. And it creates a more dangerous situation for the public, and it creates a more dangerous work environment for law enforcement because if people who are who are already felons don't feel deincentivized to carry a firearm, well there may be a hundred reasons why they're going to have a higher probability of recidivism in some way, shape or form, especially if it's gang related, which too often is the problem in Durham. So they're carrying that firearm. It's not that they have it, but they don't intend to use it. They just haven't had an opportunity to use it yet or a need. So as long as they're still willing to carry it around, the option is there. And if the options there, bullets could be fired, and bullets could be fired, kids could be hit. Somebody just run into the store could be hit. I mean, I don't lose a lot of sweet sleep if one gangbanger wants to shoot another one, I don't like it. But that's that is that that whole thing is just nuts. So that's that's number one too. The CNN story with the prisoner they rescued. They're in that prison in Syria where the guys hiding under the blanket, and they're like, this is the most powerful, and it was everywhere like this is why we journalism. I saw a bunch of that too, This is why we do what we do. This is why we go out and do all these things. And then they and then everyone's like, I don't know that is I've never tortured a guy for ninety days to see what he looks like. But it didn't look It looks pretty good, looks like he's holding up well under it. And then you find out that he is the torturer. He just the problem was he was torturing people for money too, and he wasn't kicking back the buddy to his superiors because it's just, you know, it's just corruption through and through. So that's why he was in a little bit of trouble. And CNN was giving him water and they bought him dinner and probably cuddled, I don't know, just the the whole thing, man. And then and then we have this right now, Holy cow, all right, ros I don't have CNN on in front of me. But so what do they do? What did they just liberate? They're live now, they found the pit of despair? Oh my gosh, well how would you? I mean, what a name right there? That should be a big tip off. But they've pulled somebody out of the pit of dispapp Oh thank god? Yeah? Is it a guy? He's wearing like a kind of an all black pirate outfit. No, he's very pale, but he has six fingers on his one hand. Oh my god, can you imagine? Can you imagine you're in like one of those fingernail factories and you like, you know, where they torture you and they pull to get the little pliers and then but you have eleven fingers, so it goes on longer for you. This poor guy, Oh my gosh, is he saying anything? Say anything?
Speaker 3: They're not reporting. They're running away from somebody that's in fire with a holocaust cloak.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's giant. Guy is huge. Yeah, yeah, well we'll stay on top of this story. But yeah, man, this sounds, uh, that sounds pretty bad. So and I understood too. They there was actually a Spaniard who was coming in. There is trying to do harm to this dude literally when they found him, so they had to mitigate that. I know he's been deported, Oh he has okay, all right to his dad. He's back to his father's house, right, yeah, okay, all right. I'm sure that they'll be a nice home coming there. What the hell are we doing? Jamal? Uh? Well, I am shocked that Jamal would call in this morning. But Jamal, what's up? Man? What do you want to talk about?
Speaker 2: Hey, case you know I live here in Durham. And she said, kind of dump in the whole wide world. I love her, And how was she's doing to kill everybody? Being dumb? But Casey, I'm gonna say this, what she's doing, she's going she's purposely being hippocrital because she's with that di that d e. I crap. I'm one of those people who do believe that after a certain amount of years, if a fella has proved he's not been in any trouble, same way we're voting and stuff like that, you know, he should be able to get his sack. And a man man writes back for his home and just for his home, and that's it to the finished home but what she is doing is putting people in Durham on rich. You see all the time you get these young boys out here with guns. They don't then that's true. They don't fear being rock up. They act that when you go to a store here in Durham, there's nothing to see him out there fighting and somebody brandishes a firearm and you're like, I know he's too young to have one, but he does. That's why so many people try to avoid it. And and we was mentioned earlier. I said, it's Rocky Mount because I'm from Rocky Mount and Rocky Mount. You don't, Yeah, it was Rocky Mount and Rocky Mount. You don't do a crime in Nash County because it's literally Rocky Mount is split by the railroad tracks. You better not do a crime in Nash County. If you do something stupid, you better doing an Edgecombe. Why because there's some kind of as we more your democratic stronghold, your DEI and they, oh, we had to understand what did slavery have to do with you being committing your crime robbing old ladies who are happening to be black and shooting One of the former NBACT men was the first black business owner in Rocky Mount who was mugged and robbed by young black men, and they got a shorter sentence. That actually happened in Rocky Mount the man who worked, so that would happened when the da DA let them go and give them shorter sentences. But in Nash County it's a different story. They're gonna hook you up. I mean it's gonna be a found.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But here's the problem, Jamal. This is an elected position. So well, you may live in Durham, and the fact is that the majority of the residents in the county in which you reside, I think that this war is correct, is doing is doing the right?
Speaker 2: Okay, and Casey, let me ask you this. And this is the part that gets me. In the nineteen fifties and sixties, you had, you know, everybody walked ran around, oh this DA or you couldn't trial this person here in this county because oh they won't, they won't convict them. They start taking it outside the county when and they start declaring these counties, you know, or so racially biased that they couldn't that they eventually changed. Durham should have been part of that. And if we had an attorney general. We've had Roy Cooper, who should have locked that girl up for that lite she told them a duke of clar case that passed. Then you had Judge Josh Stein. Absolutely no, good rich boy. Won't lock her up for for allowing this stuff because eventually she's continually allowed and you can charge her with either accessory before the fact or after the fact something. The least put handcuffs on and show her you're not playing with. How much crime is in Durham. It's really really bad. And people can say, oh, it's some good points.
Speaker 1: I will say this. Let me say this just because I want to get a little bit concise here, because I got to have to go to break here pretty quick. But there are instances where the Feds have come in and to municipalities, and I don't know that the exact legal mechanism, but it is legal. In fact, I saw somebody commenting on Twitter. I didn't realize Richmond was one of these cities. But apparently in Richmond they ended up having to carry some charges like the firearm possession charge and start prosecuting it at the federal level, which I'm slightly uncomfortable with. Just in the sense. I don't like the FEDS having any more purview on stuff, but they found a mechanism there where they bypassed local prosecutors and said, look, if you're not going to charge them, and you have this expanding program that we're going to charge them, and I don't know, maybe something with it. Maybe the Trump administration needs to look at some of these municipalities and if that is something that is legal and tested, then maybe that should be a priority within the DOJ. I think that that's one of those things where he could probably make some difference right away.
Speaker 2: I think it says really bad about my community. And I'm gonna tell the truth. You've got all these black.
Speaker 4: Kids being shoped on, children being shot, people being shot, and just because somebody wants to talk on to the past, like say Tan of Dolinggretine literally ran on that crap putting equity in the judiciary system. Brag bodies are problem up and hearing Durham, but black folk a latent. So now we have to ask a question, is the problem really hurt or it's the problem to voters.
Speaker 1: That's what I just said. That's why I said, Jamal, you're surrounded by the voters who in the majority of which disagree with you and are are quite content with this type of behavior, even if they got a duck a few rounds every now and then. And that's what that's what's crazy to me. But the you know, there are a lot of reasons why prosecutors and whether it's politics, which thank you for the colle jamal, which it clearly looks like here, or whether it's corruption within a department, uh or you know, or a DA's office or whatever it is. There are a lot of reasons where sometimes an adult has to find themselves in the room. And I don't again, I get very nervous about the DOJ and the fed's being able to expand stuff. But if if there is a and I'm assuming it's some sort of ATF type of charge because it seems to deal with that. If if that is a mechanism that's out there, maybe the Trump deal may Department of Justice owes it to residents of these cities that are haunted by these das who choose to make decisions like this and thus create a more dangerous environment for citizens. And I don't know that, I don't know that I'm fully comfortable comfortable saying that that is the answer because of the weaponization we've seen within the DJ And what does it look like once Trump's out and I don't know, maybe some lunatics in there, who knows, But it don't look good and it's not a positive for the citizens, and as sure as hell, not a positive for the police officers who then are twofold one now work in a more dangerous environment, and two go out and do their job, do the asked correctly, the investigation correctly, providing unchallengeable evidence for the DA's office to utilize, and prosecutions then get ignored because now you're a cop and you're sitting there like, why, why the hell? Why am I doing all this paperwork? Why am I doing all this stuff? If nothing's gonna happen, I got better stuff to do, Like literally, there's other crime I could go handle. And this is where you find yourself, all right, eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four Coming up, We got a legal question. I'll get to that next. Hang on. If let's say you're a stripper at a vegan strip club in Portland, which is this is a real thing. We've actually talked about this club but you decide you're gonna stab somebody, Can you still work as a vegan stripper if you stab meat? Essentially? I think so, as long as you don't eat the client or the customer. Well, in this case it was the DJ. The stripper is Magis the DJ screwter music up or something.
Speaker 4: At me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: O nine inch nails again? I want to what like an animal? Okay, I'm sure you're aware. Obviously you had a very tragic situation where it's alleged that a young woman I saw some folks were banging around with the shooter was transgender. I don't see anything to confirm that. I did read the It's about a six page and it's purported to be her writings. I guess I don't see a lot to dispute that, and it reads like a lot of it reads very similar to, you know, the typical ty. I hate my parents. I don't think they love me. They're mean to me. My dad, she said, her dad smokes too much.
Speaker 2: Pot.
Speaker 1: I can't find one to love me. Why does everyone mean to me? I really like uh, Serbian terrorists for some reason? What was some other stuff she was lamented? There's the Columbine worship, I mean, just all the package deal stuff. But yeah, yeah, I mean did it happen we were, you know, Ross and I were talking. Columbine was right after we graduated high school. Would have been a few years, although my senior year of school of high school actually what is considered one of the first school shootings, her first higher profile ones, actually happened up in Sheridan, Wyoming for somebody. Somebody walked on was it Trinity or which of the two shared it? I can't remember which of the high schools it was. That's how long it's been. Somebody walked on essentially to the ball field and it's lunch, so you know a lot of students are out there screwing around, throwing the football, just commiserating and open fire. And it wasn't obviously as deadly as Columbine, but yeah, it really is one of those things you're like, holy crap, somebody would have the audacity to walk into school and do that. And then Columbine really kicked it off then and and and then you get the lionizing of these individuals. Same stuff you're seeing with the uh, you know, the alleged CEO assassin did you see, uh, do you see all the people going out and getting tattoos of him permanently inking their body with Luigi Homages. Just absolute lunacy, which is then you know purport uh, propelled rather by Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren and Eric Swallwell and others that are going out there and going, yeah, you shouldn't murder, but but you know with a butt carrying a lot of weight man. And of course people like that woman down in Florida going oh, okay, well this is how you handle health insurance companies. And then you find out that one of the craziest twists, and I can't remember if we mentioned it, this dude not only was not a United Health customer, but there seems seems to be pretty good evidence that he had he received a pretty extent of back surgery which was covered by whoever's insure was I can't I don't have it in front of me. But and and also seem to help like what's going on with that man? So when I see the story out of Madison where you have the shooter kills two and then themselves, what was the make sure I have the total on injuries and everything right here? But goes in and sides to do this, and then you look at it and it's like, see, it's a lot of it's some of the gripes that like any teenager has just going to like, ah, I parents hate me. And usually they don't hate you. They just you know, you guys aren't vibing, or you're you're getting into stuff, or maybe you hate them and they don't how to deal with it, right, Like, it's usually not as bad as you think. Sometimes it is, Usually it's not. And and now it alterned and yeah, I I recognize that the song Jeremy is a product of my formative years. And obviously there was a specific storyline in that song. If you're not familiar with it, it's about the school shooting stuff. And I recognize that, but like we didn't emulate it, you know, we didn't go, ah, it sounds like a good idea. And then boom, boom boom. It was only after you know, Columbine, which I never saw that they were inspired by that that this thing really started to ramp up. And that's why you get manifestos. You'd get these writings, and you'd get these red flags and a lot of cases would be ignored, like down in Parkland where the guy had what thirty some interactions with that Sheriff's department and they didn't do anything. So I don't know all that, but I do know it's the second Christian school that was shot up here in what a month. Remember that one in California where the guy went in and whacked those kindergarteners. Is that was a that was I believe that was a Christian school. I remember that motivation that was that was Palestine, the whole Palestinian thing, and that really how quickly that story died. Absolute absolute tragedy's going on out there. Here's the Madison Police chief.
Speaker 5: The Madison Police Department responded to a mass shooting at the Abundant Life Christian School today. Officers were dispatched to the school, which is located on the city's east side, at ten fifty seven a m. They arrived to find multiple people suffering from gunshot wounds. Three people, including the shooter or dead. The shooter has now been identified as fifteen year old Natalie Rupp Now who went by the name Samantha. She was a student at the school, and evidence suggests she died from a self in afflicted gunshot won. The official call of death will be released by the Dane County Medical Examiner penning the conclusion of their examination. She was pronounced deceased while in transport to a local hospital.
Speaker 1: Let me ask, so, let me ask a question of those of you, and I probably for those of you over the age of I don't know forty, Okay, just because now you're in that Columbine timeline, all right, could you fathom a fifteen year old girl coming to your school, one of your classmates and shooting it up? Like could your brain go, Yeah, No, that's a possibility. I mean, not that it's physically possible, but like that never would have crossed my mind.
Speaker 2: Ross.
Speaker 1: You grew up in Schenectady, Obviously it was different schools, was very rural school. You're more of a city school. Would that even have crossed your mind? Even with some of the violence that you said was uh, you know going on in s connected you at the time. Honestly No, Yeah, like any fifteen year old student, like I can't even remember some of the girls in my class who were we'll say out there clearly had some stuff going on. And there's there's one girl I don't want to say her name. There's one girl in particular immediately thought of we're all just like like, she'll cut you man. And but but we also knew because it was a small town, we knew she had a really rough home life. And and years later, I guess it turned out because I think they arrested her stepfather for doing some stuff and and like but we so we understood that. But even with all of that, I never would have crossed my mind that she'd come shoot up as school. And I know, and will you because you think boys would and girls would, Yes, because inherently men are more commit more violent crimes. Like yes, yes, a thousand times yes. And we all had access to guns in Wyoming, Like we didn't just have action. We hadn't been our damn trucks out the parking lot on gun racks. You got to clean your gun at lunch. Nobody'd say anything. And a lot of guys that go hunting in the morning, you literally go hunting before school, and then at lunch you may go out and like kind of process everything. If you'd never seen anyone butcher a deer in a high school parking lot, because I have, I've helped. Yes, Yeah, that's the thing man, because now it's cold. You just leave them in the back of the truck. There you want to go show all your friends like what I got ah, want to help me address this thing out? Quarter it up? Sure? Absolutely never would have crossed my mind. And that is Look, that's a horrifying reality now and parents have new concerns and students have new concerns, and I'm not unsympathetic to it. That's why. And I'm gonna tie this back when I'm having to do stories on the same day we're seeing something like this, and then I'm having to hear about a DA in this case, the Durham DA, who's like, well, we're not gonna OSCU felons with possession of firearms if they weren't actively shooting at the officers. Come on, man, this is it may not be exactly how you get there, but it's not helping. All right, here to help though, raced agic from the weather channel.
Speaker 6: Anything I can get you some snow maybe yeah, well maybe maybe where you are?
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely so all right you everybody or you want to talk about this stuff.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we don't have anything that's scarybody here we've got our best chance of getting rain. Showers will be tomorrow afternoon, Tomorrow evening. The coolest days will come in toward the upcoming weekend, we'll get a little cold staff to come in. It does look like we are going to get milder as we get into Christmas week, So yeah, it's kind of unusual to get temperatures well into the sixties. That's where we'll go today in spotsorythm thick fog, so travel cautiously, time patients caution all those things. A partial sunshine otherwise today the fog will go away. Dense fog advisory just west of the Try, places like Hickory and down near Charlotte. So there are areas where the fog is thicker tonight near fifty for a low tomorrow mid upper sixties. If we got a shot at seventy Tomorrow would be the day in the afternoon, some showers into Tomorrow night, and there might even be a thunderstorm. Then that cold front will go through and slowly getting colder. Thursday, mostly sunny, low to mid fifties. Friday low fifties and mostly sunny, and the loaw's will go back down into the thirties, and the weekend's going to be chili. Probably going to see some mid forties on Saturday, near forty degrees, Sunday lows in the twenties, and same thing on Monday with sunshine. But then we'll start warming up after that. Quick shot at some of the playoff games, I think the one that may have the most impact maybe the cold in a Happy Valley where it's going to be chilly this weekend for Penn State. So it's gonna be some cold weather there. I think the rest of the games it should be actually in pretty decent shape in South Bend. There may be some flurries or snow showers and a little lot of chili side for that game. But uh, it's a lot more exciting games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, good, So we kick off tonight, man, there's a well we have a game tonight with Memphis, and well I was talking the playoffs, but yeah, oh no, no, no, I just mean, like this is it is a great time of the year. So yeah, it is, it is. I mean every night you got something, right, So except for that Clemson Texas, Yeah, except for that one that should be you know, yeah, all right, just here's here's what you got one job.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: You can go root for Clemson all you want, that's fine, but here's your job. Just don't make just don't make travel suck.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Ross, I'm assuming you're driving down to Ross Is coming to your house actually for Christmas? So maybe oh okay, but yeah, so we don't he's gonna he's gonna have to hit a little road trip there so and I'm sure a lot of our listeners are as well. So we just don't screw that up.
Speaker 6: Okay, Yeah, I mean honestly, next week, I don't see any big storms and I think the cold air is going to retreat.
Speaker 1: That's first kind of shot.
Speaker 3: We're making our way down to Conyers near Atlanta. Oh okay, you your media lane for me? The lane drive to work in?
Speaker 1: Yeah, clear, the express thank you? All right? No problem? Yeah, I heard you guys have some traffic down those parts.
Speaker 6: Are you coming eighty five?
Speaker 1: Ross? Is he coming down eighty five?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Good, No, He's gone wherever the most BUCkies are along the way. You will literally he's gonna drive like this, this weird like figure eight thing, and it's all about the most BUCkies. So yeah, just I avoid eighty five. I know, okay, all right, well appreciate it, thank you, Sirkay, yeah, all right, Ross. Do you know how many BUCkies are along your path on the way? I bet you do, dude. So we kind of sort of went that way before. I think it was like two or three. Oh okay, and you got to stop at all of them? Right, we sure are?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: By low you have to yes? Yeah, all right, good, good, good good. You don't want to get charged by the durham da.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Oh wait that's you. You won't. All right, thank you, Ray, We appreciate it. We'll be right back, hang on. And it was right after Trump sat down for that interview with Meet the Press, and because I was like, why does he do this? It's going to be the same questions you'll notice that. And somebody did a side by side on all the left wing interviews he's done here, and they always ask the same questions. None of it is about what he's going to do, Like with from an actual substance standpoint, everything is all the attack points, right, why'd you say this? What's this? Why this person's evil? Why would you nominate them? Why would you associate yourself? All the standard stuff? How are you going to deport that many people. That at least is touching into a little bit of policy, but it's never from a genuine Hey, people need to know what it is you're going to do. Let's try to dig into that. And I don't understand why he sits there. The only theory I had was he does it because he likes to tell him they're dumb to their face, which he clearly does enjoy that part of it, because he does it often. And at that point I'm at least comfortable that that was my theory. Now I'm one hundred percent con one hundred percent convinced for two reasons. One, I saw Stephanie Rule from MSNBC yesterday was talking about access and she was telling a panel. She was not on MSNBC. She's on some panel and it's surrounded by their moonbats, and they got in this conversation about how Trump deals with media stuff and how they do, and Rule said quote, I called him. She has a cell phone number, as do others in her position, and so she literally called him to ask for an interview not long ago. Now he told her, hell, no, you suck, But he picked up the phone and he had a conversation she said, it wasn't an impolite conversation. She didn't disclose all of this, so he probaly didn't tell her she sucks. She said, he said no, But the fact was I called him and he picked up the phone himself and answered. And so for you know, top tier or you know, the top level national journalist, that's not uncommon. That's not uncommon at all. And some politicians are like that, it's crazy. I have some cell phone numbers for some people, that's pretty crazy, and you just don't use them unless you need to. And it was really, really weird. I had a member of Congress. I had a member of Congress back in the day who came in for an interview one day, and it was right when people really rolled over to iPhones and she got an iPhone. She didn't know how to use it, though, and so she comes in my producer studio like in between in one of the breaks, and she's like, I can't figure out how to set up pass where and other stuff on this. Can you do that? Do you know how to do that? And I'm like yeah, because I had the same phone, which is why she was like, ah, he knows what's up. So a member of Congress hands me their phone. It's open to her contacts and the numbers in there, and she's just she leaves it in my studio to go do an inn. I'm like, and one of them was one of the numbers on there because I could see her reasons right because she had left it open at that scrat I don't know if she was trying to call somebody like that. You know, it was all the direct numbers for some really high profile people. This is during the Bush administration. Right at the end of the Bush administration. They just bonkers, man, So like, for a reporter to then have that access is we really got to cobble it together. That's a big deal. And then she talked about with the Biden White House that they have to they have to not just send a request, they have to intercept somebody higher up the gatekeeping chain of command so that they even know the request is going to get considered, which is you know, how some of them deal with it. And they were booing her because they thought she was saying nice things about Trump, but she kind of was. But also I'm convinced based on that that Trump gave him the number just so we could tell them no to their face, and so I think my theory's proven. Thanks for hanging out with us. Let me update you on one of the stories and I'll try to give the most concise rendition of this. So a story out this morning. Wril did it, which again kudos. This is journalism, and this is journalism that frankly isn't even partisan. I'm sorry, it's just not. This is a public safety issue. Some email exchanges between members of Durham Law Enforcement and the DA's office, and in it in the response from the DA's office over a question about a non charge of a felon in possession. So the officer had clearly come across a felon in possession or at least believed it for the purpose of their affidavit and what they were charging, and then that wasn't part of the charges and the Durham Police officer rep was confused, wanted to make sure, and this is good, wanted to make sure that the reason wasn't a legal one, like an officer made a mistake with a search or randizing some or whatever it is. And the response was pretty crazy. It's like, no, there's just some fell in possession of a firearm charges. We don't charge. It's kind of like a policy. The word policy was written there that it was written slashed priority policy goes priority slash policy, and basically, if you read it, it's the DA. The DA's office didn't has a pattern of not charging felons in possession of a firearm unless the firearm was used in the commission of a new crime or if they committed a violent crime, well in possession of it. So you know, a lot of these guys get busted for pretty small stuff and then it amps up with the firearm possession charge because they may it made you just a misdemeanor they're facing. But then when it comes time to pat them down or book them in and they find a gun in the butt, then there there you go. You're a felon in possession of a firearm, and it is a It is clearly a deterrence charge and is effective. It is effective in that way. The idea there, you know, there are there have been. There are rules that criminals will set for themselves, not all of them, some urban dumb where they will say things like, yeah, well you don't carry a gun inside this particular geographic thing because you're gonna get all the charges right, and so they may not do that, or they may go and uh rob one town that has very lenient policies and ignore another entirely whatever it is. And so in Durham they literally quiz people in the jail and ask them, why did you think it was okay to carry a firearm? And they said, we only didn't think there was consequences, and some instances they're right. So all you're doing is increasing the probability that when they do decide to do something, if they decide to do not everyone reoffends, but in and of itself, the possession is a reoffense. But if it doesn't amp up to something, then fine. But there's a higher probability if you're somebody carrying around a gun because you're involved in gang stuff for whatever, and you're still living the life that eventually you're going to use it. Do you want people not to want to carry it? And now you have policies that I don't say incentivizes, but makes them not worry about it. Now there's a more dangerous environment for the public and for law enforcement who has to do their job, and frustration by law enforcement who is doing their job and trying to make a difference and get these guns off the street and get the individuals more specifically who would walk around with them off the street. And that's it's awful. Now, we reached out to the Mayor of Durham. We had a great conversation with the mayor here about a month ago, and I had I asked Ross to text him this morning and see if maybe he would pop on, because look, this is these are his officers, these are his police officers who are going out and doing things and arguably doing things correctly right, and then their work is just getting through by the wayside and it creates this more dangerous environment. So he I, he's he's got to have an opinion on this. Especially I found it very I found it good that a lot of the preventive programs that I know are controversial, like shot Spotter, he seems to be on the side of because I think those are proactive things you need to do. And so he should be very upset. Now. We texted him this morning and he did text us back. What did he say? Because I want to get him on the air, and so he did respond to us, and uh, I but I also understand maybe he wants a moment to talk to somebody. So let me say this, because we don't have anything nailed down. Uh, if he wants to come on before the end of the show, we'll comminate. But also I will I will open up any slot that's not like one of our Bellinger slaughter or something tomorrow Ross if he wants to come on. So the because we don't have any schedule guests right tomorrow forgetting correct. And it sounds like he does want to talk. Yeah, no, no, no, And that's great. And I also understand too, he's got to like because I saw the story this morning, so and that's cool. But I really want to chat with him, So we'll accommodate him in any time slot tomorrow and uh and hopefully have a good conversation about it. So happy to do it. And and I and I think it's hopeful too that even seeing you know, a journalistic outlet that I do criticize occasionally on the show, I think this is a positive thing because I think it's a not I don't think this is a I think this is a bipartisan thing, but I don't think it has to be a political thing. Even though it's clearly a political thing in the minds of policy within the DA's office, and you can't convince me otherwise. But I think people on the street go, this is that's stupid. I don't, you know, even if you think you know they're out there just jailing people for whatever reason. You got somebody who's you know, I got two felonies on their record, has done multiple stints and they're walking around with a gun in your community and they and they shouldn't be, and they've shown that they're willing to do things they're outside the balance of the law. Right you don't, I don't. You don't have to be on any side of the aisle to go this ain't good man, So all right, well, cool, cool, hopefully that comes together. All right. So I mentioned the drone thing, and so if I had to pick all the different lanes, right, it's there's there's the it's not happening, and it's just it started with the media over reporting it and people kind of freaking out because they can't tell what landing lights on a Grand Caravan look like or a bombardier, and and and and then it's snowballs into that summer of the shark thing and ultimately find out that that then gets private drone owners to send their drones up and it just snowballs. Okay, so that's one theory. Then you got aliens, all right, got to throw it in there, gotta throw it in there. You got the Iranian mothership theory that it's some sort of foreign adversary and it's hush hush. And then there's the they're looking for gamma rays because there's a lot snook or something, And most theories fit into one of those slots, or at least are are closely aligned, unless I'm missing something. But that's pretty much what I've seen until I watched this clip from the View yesterday, and Whoopee's got herself a theory, and it's not one that I had previously considered. So allow me to find that fifth rail here, so to speak, of theories, and share it with you. Uh, tell me what you think of this.
Speaker 7: I think this.
Speaker 1: I think they know what it is. I think they're not going to really be able to say it or or we're going to get a really hell of a big party for New Year's Eve. It's going to just something's going to be like a dome over all fifty states of these drawn. Well why not? I mean, stranger things have happened? What Well, at first I might she's being tongue in cheek, but then she goes, oh why not so And don't get me wrong. Have you seen ross you've seen some of these What they can do with a thousand of these drones for light shows? Now, did you see the giant squid they had the uh they always show them on like from China, the ones who yeah, yeah, yeah, oh I love them over in China, man. And it's crazy. I mean, it's why. It's like, it's like you had all these fireworks that you could kind of do stuff with and now it's just now it's it's bonkers what they can do.
Speaker 3: Disney has started to incorporate them. They used to have this like big like fireworks show.
Speaker 1: Right, well that was the lights. Wasn't that a Disney thing for it?
Speaker 3: They used to do Epcot with like fantation stuff where the quarterlack music and it used to be fireworks. And now they've replaced them completely completely with the kind of drones you see in China where like you look up in the sky and you're like, that's a dragon.
Speaker 1: In the sky. It's a literal dragon, and it's a dragon that can fly at you with relatively a few safety issues versus actual pyrotechnics. It's really amazing and and just all the programming and the human like all the math and the knowledge they had to go in so that something like that, so a thousand things can fly really really close to each other in perfect harmony. It's just really amazing what we can achieve. I don't think that's it. If I had to, If I had to pick one of those five things, I've like, well, the four I laid out and then the one whoopee did I'm gonna rank that one under aliens? If right? Do you know what I'm saying? Like, what do you think is more likely aliens?
Speaker 2: Or what?
Speaker 1: Whoope?
Speaker 3: Just like I think I near you see if you want to take your sign and you want to go right underneath one of the drones to just hold your sup and then the blue Beam is gonna come down?
Speaker 1: Oh Project Blue Beam?
Speaker 7: Is that?
Speaker 1: What is the party is about to start? I had Project Blue Beam way off. I realized it was a New Year's thing. Can I go there? What if I want to do it? At the top of the Empire State building has had a good place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the same thing, and bring your sign and look at me right underneath it and the blue beam. Yeah, and then say beat me up or something, right, and then the beam will beat me up or you sure will.
Speaker 1: Oh well, okay, you sure of that? Okay, all right, you're mostly okay, I'll get back. Yeah, let's you know what happens there. Yeah, sorry, I'm gonna I'm gonna put that less likely than aliens one, because you're you're telling me that the government would be coordinating the largest version of this thing. Can you imagine the government coordinating that. First of all, all the drones would just smash into each other, right, I'm assuming and probably murder some people on the ground, Like, I don't think it would go well. Give me the nerdy guys, you know with they who literally they've there's so many drones. They've created like a pit, you know, like a ballpicker on like a driving range. Some of you will know this. They have that for drones so they can go through a field and just they don't have to lean down and individually drop them, and it also calculates where they should be. It's really high tech stuff. Man, I watched a whole like twenty minute like how they do it thing. I was very impressed. So maybe, But also, how many drones would you need in all fifty states? I don't have you know this, The US is kind of big. So that's like, that's all the drones?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: If she used Okham's razor, yeah, that's probably it. Yeah, that's probably it. Now she'd used the correct one, Well, totally different. All right. If people are sending me other theories they're looking for Waldo, Nope. I think that's more likely too than her theory.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, fortunately we're gonna rank that very low. I read online it was Bill Belichick spying and Rutgers. Oh man, it's what he does. It's what he does. That would because that gives you the cover because now, if you're over all football practices across the nation, how do you know which one they're actually spying on it? Now, the question will be is when they get the drones back, will Tom Brady smash him with a hammer like his cell phone? I don't know, I don't know. I got a lot of a lot of questions there, all right, eight eighteen case O Day Radio program, I was talking about Trump, and I got a little sidetracked there. Uh he he, he did sit down for an interview. There were a couple of moments. I'm going to play those for you. Also, apparently he's suing everybody. Oh and Jim Acosta is ready to get a triple fake news. I guess I don't know what he's vying for, but it ain't good. And I didn't. I for a moment, I didn't. I thought this was fake for a moment, did you see what one of our Supreme Court justices is up to? All right, all of this before the end of the show, will do it? Coming up? Hang on our very newest justice who really really is very vocal during the uh during the hearings. Uh, there's a little chart out ross Rivers just talking about it off the air, and it's words spoken by justices And like Clarence Thomas has always bottom right because he like he may ask a question a hearing if that Tanji Brown Jackson doesn't shut up, man, And that's fine. Some are more talkative on the right and the left than others. That being said, a lot of it, especially like when you heard some of the stuff with some of the more recent rulings where it's like, you're not even making sense women. But what I did not realize, and it actually now makes more sense, is she's also a theater kid. And and I mean that in the derogatory version of it, not that if your kid likes to do the school play, but the theater kid. You know that that that that that ideology that seems to drive so many lunatics on the left right, where it's you know, a main character syndrome coupled with I'm always right and I'm just over the top because like she's She took part in a a what is it a queer Romeo and juliet production, No no, no, like really took part on the stage and seemed very comfortable up there.
Speaker 4: Female powerment.
Speaker 1: Sick. I like it too.
Speaker 6: I think what I like about it is that I am having a very strongly negative reaction to it, like I hate it, which makes you think it must be brilliant.
Speaker 1: This is a Broadway production of Don Binary Romeo and Juliet I made it to Brooklay. What is going on? By the way, I saw the Fellini version of Romeo and Juliette, the one they show in school, and let me tell you Juliette is not non binary. I can't believe they let us watch that in school. Dude, you know what I'm talking about. You saw that too school, and I was like, can't believe they showed us that. Yeah, so you would. Also, you're on, she's very binary, you look very by then, all right, but what's even great? Here's whatever? Cash bats.
Speaker 2: Don't tell me what to do. I'm just trying to find a woman.
Speaker 7: What I'm justin David Sullivan, I use the pronouns he, she, and they, and I played Julia's best friend May Wow.
Speaker 1: Can you use all of them?
Speaker 7: May goes on a journey of self discovery, finds love, and explores their tender identity. I am fiercely proud that there are a characters in the show that are in conversation with queer representation and what it means to find love in a way that perhaps is often seen as