Speaker 1: Pank Shinkoff is with us, and you know Germane did this conversation, Hank. If there's one thing that is the poison pill, the cyanide pill that the Democrat Party has swallowed, it's been the pivot that they went from being an anti illegal immigration party to a pro illegal immigration party. And maybe it got them some votes, maybe it got them some wins here and there, but to me, this was the syinide pill they're swallowing at the moment.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know the morning, I don't know if it's a cyanide pill, but I make the following argument that it reflects what they think is the future, which is a change in country that is no longer European derivative. That is, that's kind of you know that it comes from South America, that comes from Asia and is much more likely to kind of feel more comfortable with what the Democrats are talking about as applied to immigration. But that not the case. You wouldn't have the DSA people talking about abolishing and ice or running around complaining about US enforcement. And that is a great tragedy because they're in position to do damage to the nation by being the new Democrats in significant numbers, and it's getting worse.
Speaker 1: Every day, Hanks shein Coff. Earlier this week, John Fetterman proudly, proudly met with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Ninsanya, who called himself the conscious of the party, says he doesn't understand why they've turned on Israel, but Hank, I have to say, one voice among other people who are good but quiet, is a conscience. One voice among people who are violently evil is a hostage. And I think John Fetterman is a hostage.
Speaker 2: I think that's entirely true, and that's a good analogy. John Fetterman's made a decision about where he thinks his conscience ought to be. He understands international politics a lot better than most of the Democrats do. He understands that for the present situation of the United States finds itself in the Middle East, particularly with the respect Israel. It's a position that Harry Truman's taked out frankly in nineteen forty eight with the Truman Doctor, without mentioning Israel at all. But he knew that in order to protect the market interests, he had to have access, onset of access, and control to setstead of the Mediterranean Basin. That's why Truman propped up Greece in Turkey. The United States in a similar position today. If it loses the military power and control of that portion of the Mediterranean Basin, Israel disappears. You know, ten years down the road, the Americans will be lucky. We can find food. I mean, the danger coming out of the Muslim world, not all of it, but some of it's certainly in North Africa historically is in the Middle East is very significant, and I don't think the Americans want to even begin to think about that.
Speaker 1: We have a mayor here. You know, we were talking off the air, Michael Cohen, John Casmantiiti's and I before the show began, and to different degrees, we agreed. It feels like a line has finally been crossed by this mayor in the last ten days or so where there's some awareness of whatever swing vote there is. I'm not talking about the people who are always going to vote from always not going to vote for him, but I feel like in the last ten days or so, either with this pieditary attacks or with the attacks, you know, the anti Semitic attack on the Jewish Fast Day ten days ago, or so it feels like we've reached a he's crossed over to a point now where I think he's in big trouble.
Speaker 2: Do you agree. I think it's too early to declare him in big trouble. You know, anti Semitism is a fine thing. You know, people don't mind what you do ultimately, and New York is an unusual place. He's We've al we've always tolerated within a bigotry among our groups. In this city's dynamic, it's populated dynamic, it's economic dynamic, and much of it is changing very rapidly. He's a mayor in trouble. He's loved for his attacks on landlords. He's loved for his attacks on the Jews by certain portions of the population. Nobody sees him in a way that we see him right now. He's a bigot. He's an anti semi. He's always been that. His obsession with liberation theory, which says that anything related to Europe in any way must be extinguished outside the United States or even in the United States itself. It implies colonialism. It's something that he learned from his father and from people like Rashid Khaledi and Edward said and other screwballs. So you have his father's written a book by the way, that there's axtole to some extent that idiot mean who was a killer, well known and murdered thousands, maybe millions for all we know. So you're talking about someone as a particular viewpoint in the world that's not going to change very wrap, very very easily, if at all, And it's hiding who he really is in some of his daily behavior. If you look at the DSA platform, he's tried to run away from it, but that's where he comes from. The DSA platform multiply calls for the creation of a polet Burero in the United States, where you abolish the Senate, you abolish the Supreme Court, you get rid of the Secretary of Defense, you open the prisons, you get rid of it, you open the get rid of cops. Then the pole Buro then is that people's assembly that will effectively then do what every other pol heuro has ever done throughout history, which is kill everybody they get their hands with. So that's what we're heading unless he stopped.
Speaker 1: Well, isn't that Another argument I'm making, Hank Shinkoff, is that it isn't about a policy or a political change that they're looking for. It's actually the means are the end. You know, he's already won, Mom, Donnie by frightening older people with these messages about getting attacks, by frightening the Jewish community. Here the resentment, the pain, the violence. You know, the Communists won in Russia, not when they took over and created a pola Buro, but when they killed the czar and they killed his wife and his children, and his nieces and his nephews. That's what they want. It's not about a policy, it's about the violence and the killing.
Speaker 2: The policy is a cover up. You're right, to some extent what they wanted, but the Russians there was Communists didn't win until frankly, they were able to start murdering people, and they murdered the first way of supporters, and Stalin did it very well. Lenin started it. You murder those who brought you the power. Hitler did it in nineteen thirty four at the Knight of the Long Knives when he killed Ernest Rome and the heads of the stormtroopers who had brought into power. That's what the future holds, and less Americans begin to wake up, because that's who these people are. He is the friendly face of a new fascism.
Speaker 3: So, hey, I got to ask you this. I gotta ask you this. So DSA seems to be expanding throughout this country. It's not just mom Donnie. Yes, as a New Yorker, we understand Mam Donnie. But it's all over the country. Now, this DSA movement is rising. How do we stop it?
Speaker 2: Well, the problem is, you know, Michael, it's an important question. It is a national phenomena. You have a generation of people who have not put a callous on their hands, who have no idea what it means to really be without They're the most over educated mhm generation they've in history. They've eaten more regularly than anybody else in history. They yes, the housing is an issue, no question about it. But they're housed right at tremendous costs and that needs to be dealt with. And they they have no sense about the future whatsoever they have they have. They are aggrieved for halls to reasons, some of the agreements, some of the a grievances. They have a right. I mean, the tax system stinks. It needs to be fixed one way or another.
Speaker 3: Tax system has always stun I'm not arguing.
Speaker 2: I'm not arguing that. I'm telling you what is right now. They have a beef about that that's legitimate. They've been educated to believe that anything again, that is that that any human being who is that all pigmented skin is somehow more superior than others because they've been wounded by by history and by colonialism, and they don't They've never had a tough day. I mean, they've never have never borne a burden to protect this democracy. I mean, what have they done? Too much?
Speaker 1: Too much complain and see Hank Schinkoff. Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: We're never going to have a perfect meritocracy, but lots of luck living in a society that says we're not even gonna try.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to Sit and Friends in the Morning. You can hear Sit in Friends in the Morning weekday mornings at six. If you like the podcast, share it with your friends and listen anytime at WABC radio dot com and download the WABC Radio app.
Speaker 5: Hit that subscribe button on all major podcast platforms. Plus, follow WABC on social on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and X See you next time for a new episode, so you never have to wonder
Speaker 2: What the heck is going on here