Speaker 1: Yo, what is up? Boys? How's it going? And welcome back to another episode of the rat Cafe Anime Podcast. Today we're covering seasonal anime. We are blindly looking at the anti chart for the spring season for twenty twenty six. Uh Me and Jordan haven't watched any of these anime, but we're gonna be going through them and deciding which ones look interesting, what we're gonna check out and talk about in a future episode. Jordan the anime dude, how you doing?
Speaker 2: Hey, what's up? Everybody? Happy to be here. I'm excited. It's an It's already another new season. It's crazy how quickly the season seemed to fly by, and I'm always one behind. So I'm about to be start watching everything from last season here after we finish up these.
Speaker 1: Oh man, Yeah, I think I watched like the first episode of a lot of these anime and we talk about it on the podcast, and there's many that I like and I want to continue, and then time goes by and we're already on the next season.
Speaker 2: That's how it be. That's why I always go back and like, I choose a few that like seem the most interesting, and then I'll like bede them thereafter, so hmm. But yeah for this one, well, yeah, another season with quite a few sequels here, it looks like what we're seeing, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's start going through it. The first one though, which hat Atlier, I've never.
Speaker 2: Heard of this one, well, you've never heard of which hat itellier No, God, So this one's been delayed a few times, which makes me really happy that I think they're focusing on the quality. But it's just such a beloved manga. I haven't read it myself, but I've seen many of the pages. It's one where the manga goes above and beyond to like take like the framing and everything and make use of the whole page, everything paneled in really unique ways. And I hear nothing but good things about the story as well, right, So it's it's one of those that's I think It's been one of the most highly anticipated anime for for a little while now, so.
Speaker 1: I'm very excited for this because, like I love seeing a non sequel as the most anticipated for the season, it's the most popular on any chart right now. In a world where everyone takes wonders like magic spells and dragons were granted Cocoa is a girl with a simple dream. She wants to be a witch. Very simple concept, but everybody knows magicians are born, not made. Oh this concept, and Coco was not born with a gift for magic? Is she gonna become a chad?
Speaker 2: You know? Maybe maybe I've tried not to spoil myself the best i can. Like I said, I just know that this manga is like rated like the top fifty all time on like a lot of websites, and the same for popularity wise as well. Right, so it's I'm trying not to spoil myself. I don't want to know too much.
Speaker 1: I'm excited. I'm excited, all right. Yeah, moving on, So we're definitely gonna watch the first episode of this, which is airing in twenty hours. Actually that's perfect timing Re Zero starting Life in Another World Season four, the most recent season of re Zero is fantastic, So I'm pumped for this one.
Speaker 2: Let's gool. I feel like the Zero adaptation gets a little bit too much crap because it does skip over a couple of things people say, but like there's so much in there, and I feel like they've done such a good job through those first three seasons. I agree, I don't know. I like three zero to my top three Isaki big Isaki, and uh I'm excited to see more so nice.
Speaker 1: All right, so we're gonna check out that for sure as well, which is airing in two days. Classroom of the Elite fourth season. This shit's still going, do you guys do like this? Jordan Classroom the Elite?
Speaker 2: So Classroom the Elite. I watched the first season and I wasn't really a big fan. Then I watched the second season. Still wasn't really a big fan. I tried rewatching it, still wasn't really a big fan. I was told to read it. I read like the first two years worth of of novels, which is like your ones, like ten volumes and year twos like ten volumes or so. So I've read like twenty plus volumes. I love the vault of the novels. The novels are great. It's a solid series. I just don't know how they're gonna be adapting it, Like if it is it still good? Is it is it not? I don't know. People love it, but I have mixed feelings on the animes fair. I couldn't get into what priory reading it is.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I'm in a similar situation. You gave it a lot of chance, but so for me, I just watched a bunch of season one, maybe even got close to finishing, but I just wasn't into it. I don't really like it's good, but it's not amazing. I don't really get the hype.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I get it now, like I've read it. I enjoy it. I love the light novel volumes, but like I do remember watching it and the people like hyping it up and recommending it to people. I'm like, don't try to get me to watch that. It's not good like it, I don't get it. But yeah, mixed feelings on that.
Speaker 1: I think it was all right, it was all right. I will not be watching season four, And you read the light novels, so you probably won't be watching season four either. On slimer no for for Classroom of the Elite.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, classically Elite not be season four yet.
Speaker 1: Season four Slime I will be watching. I will say I have some mixed feelings towards Slim. I do really love it. I really love it at times, but there's so many episodes where I'm just bored out of my mind as well, so like and the characters are I do like the character, so sometimes it pulls me through those meeting after meeting after meeting. But this is an anime you cannot watch seasonally. You need to binge watch it and even one point two five Speed, But I do like it. I do like Slime.
Speaker 2: I feel like every time we've talked about Slime, I've hated on it because I love to hate on it. It's way too happy go lucky for me generally speaking. But as a bit of like optimism on like where it's going. I have read like this part of the novels. I haven't read much further past it, but like it's building up to like some really big stuff that seems like it could be going good places in the novels, right, Like I was enjoying the last things I read, and this is kind of what builds up to that. And then it was approved for like sixty more episodes, right, and this is like the start of those sixty episodes. So I think they're going to be adapting a lot of it. They've been really faithful thus far, so so hopefully it builds into something good. But whether you love it or not, you know, I could see it going either way for people.
Speaker 1: All Right, we got the Angel next Door spoils me rotten too. Oh, it is a sequel. I did not watch the first one. Did you watch the first one?
Speaker 2: I did watch the first season. Yeah, it was. It was cute. It was like wholesome gave you a little bit of diabetes as I watched it, But it wasn't I don't know. It wasn't anything too amazing, I don't think, but it like I think a lot of people like it a lot more than I did. But but it was cute. I thought it was good nice. I don't know if I watched season two or not. Probably not with so many other things coming out, but maybe.
Speaker 1: One day, maybe one day with Storia wand And, I'm not watching it. I haven't watch season one. Sorry, I'm I'm honestly still waking up here a little bit, uh with st I need I need a coffee or some nicotine or something. With Storia wand And soared season two. I liked season one from what I watched. Recon made us watch it, and I did like season one. I never finished it, though, so that's on me. So I will not be watching season two until I finished season one.
Speaker 2: I want to wait for season two to finish, and then I might watch both because I'm exact same boat recon got us to watch it. I liked what I saw, and then because I knew season two was coming out at that point, I'm like, I was just gonna make myself sad if I watch it now. Right when I know there's gonna be more seasons, I can binge a Malls.
Speaker 1: All right, Doctor Stone sign, Oh my god, Doctor Stone got so good in the most recent seasons. I will say sometimes it's slow, but there's so many good moments in Doctor Stone, and I do like the overall concept. I'm a big Doctor Stone fan these days. I feel like I used to be a hater, but I just I kept on. I was a little bit of a hater, not gonna lie. I like the like the introduction, and then I got like kind of bored of it after like three episodes. I feel like it was a little bit of a slow burn at times, but then chat made me watch it all they like paid subscriptions to make me watch it, and I kept on watching, and I'm like, holy fuck, I kept thinetting more and more into it, and then like the most, like The Science Future season Core one, Oh my god, it was so good.
Speaker 2: So I'm taking my time with Doctor Stone. I actually just started the first season like a week or two ago. I'm like five episodes in. I haven't seen very much, but I love the manga back in the day. The mong artwork is great, and the adaptation has actually been pretty decent for those first few episodes. So it looks like they're getting towards the end though, like this.
Speaker 1: Is yeah, oh, that's in the end game.
Speaker 2: There's been a lot of seasons, so.
Speaker 1: I think, uh, Core three and maybe Core four and it's over.
Speaker 2: Oh man. I hate whenever they have like so many different cores for the same season. It's like I never know which season it is or what's going on. I just like I need a guide on what to watch next.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I guess the reason for that is just there. They want to make a season, but they don't have the budget or the time. They want to make a good quality so twelve episode is good quality rather than doing twenty four or whatever whatever or more and just having to have having to make a ship. I just think they.
Speaker 2: Should title it differently.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they all started making that season yeah.
Speaker 2: They were like attacked on tight in the final season, the Final Season, Part two, the Final Season Part three, and then anime and manga just hasn't been the same since on how they title stuff. But yeah, Doctor Stone should be in should be taught like in in classrooms and school. I think like some of the science that got over that would get me to pay attention. A lot of interesting stuff in there, and just it mixes it into a really engaging story as well. It's like a sip building story, right, so for anybody that hasn't tried it out yet. So if you ever play games like that, like Rust or anything else where you're starting you got to build stuff from scratch, this could be the thing for you. True.
Speaker 1: All right, this next one looks interesting by Studio bones. We have damons. Why is it spelled like this? Is that on purpose? Demons? Damons? I can't spell of the Shadow realm and it looks cool just because the art looks cool, like I haven't actually I don't know anything about it.
Speaker 2: The art reminds you of anything else.
Speaker 1: It reminds me of like don the Dawn and what's that other anime? Shit, I don't know what's supposed to remind me of.
Speaker 2: So the artist, uh the mong artists and stuff is the same one that did a Full Metal Alchemist. Oh, it's a Full Metal Alchemist author. It was their new series. I don't know anything hardly about it. I just that's all I know really.
Speaker 1: So the hair, the hair and the main character, you could tell it does look so he looks it looks similar to to that artwork. In a remote mountain village, under the watchful eyes of two stone guardians, the young u Dou contently lives off the land while staying close to the only family he has left. His precious twin sister, Asa, meanwhile, carries out a mysterious duty on behalf of the village while locked in a cage. Why is Asa a prisoner? And what other secrets does you doo's otherwise? I do like I just read words and I didn't follow that at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds like there's a little bit of mystery in there, and a author with mystery like that. You know, you got two siblings that care for each other. So I don't know if this is even half as good as fm A. I think it's the least worth watching and trying out.
Speaker 1: So I am pumped. Okay, the beginning after the end season two. I've never watched his one, did you no?
Speaker 2: I actually read a lot of this one because people kept hyping it up. I read it. I still don't see the hype. Season one. When I watched of it was awful. And then I've seen clips from season two where it's like these fights people were excited for and it's like all cgi and I feel like it's getting the it's getting done dirty. I feel bad like even the reading it was a better experience than this. I don't. I don't know so far.
Speaker 1: I don't plan on watch many of these. We have which hat alta Leer or whatever. I'm gonna watch we Got re Zero, I'm going to watch we Got Slime. I'm probably gonna watch Doctors though, and I'm probably gonna watch Damon Didn't Shadow Around. I'm probably gonna watch That's We're like five or six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a the cinema, especially for sequels.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not bad, Okay. Attendance of the Bookworm up next. I'm not watching that shit. I hear, I hear. It's actually decent.
Speaker 2: It's one of my big five isakai? Okay? I love those novels. I haven't watched the anime. I can't.
Speaker 1: The first like three episodes of the anime made me want to not watch anime anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like it looked a little bit too like squeaky clean for the anime from like the start of it that I saw, whereas everything's all descriptive and like it really feels like kind of medieval stuff, uh, with the sanitation and whatnot in the light novels. And then the novels are all in different parts, so there's like Part one has like a few volumes, Part two has a few volumes, and this season is gonna be adapting part three, which is around where I stopped reading. So I don't know. It's good, but it like stressed me out because there's so many things going on in parallel, so so she's a busy body.
Speaker 1: I will say it just it just didn't seem like my cup of tea. It was just slow and slice of life y and boring.
Speaker 2: It kind of that's a lot of different stuff though, but it's it's one of those where the world building's really good and it has like a very slow build up where you don't know anything more about the world than she does. And she's like a very poor peasant girl in like a very small area, self contained area, right. So, and she's like very young at the start as well in that new body, so, like she doesn't know much about the world, right, kids never do, and it just gradually. The way it gradually builds is something you very seldom see in storytelling.
Speaker 1: So I feel like you're you're really capable of selling boring shows shortan No.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's good. I haven't seen the anime, but trust me, the novels are good. Okay. Top five Yiece of guy sent into a book where she likes books. I like books. That's what I would do if I was reincardated. I'm like, how can we make books? How can we make paper? Right? And how can we sell paper? Then there's merchant stuff, right, and then you're trying to make money.
Speaker 1: Then you're no, they just got to do it the way they did it in Eminence of Shadow. Just uh, just start remaking one piece.
Speaker 2: Then there's politics, and so it goes like you want to make books so you could read books. Then you go merchantile stuff, so you're spicing wolf arc and then you go, uh, you know, politics to magic to wizardry. The academy it built very gradually.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, welcome to Demon School a Rumaicon season four. I'm sure a lot of people are excited about this, or some people are the fan base for it. I've watched a good trunk of this of this anime. It's all right.
Speaker 2: I have not seen this one, so all you if you have anything to say.
Speaker 1: I don't have anything to say about it. I'm just too Demon School anime. They have a lot of seasons, and I can never remember which ones which this is the one I watched. I'm like ninety nine percent sure I watched a decent amount of it.
Speaker 2: I can't remember if this was one Recon liked or not, so we'll see if he has maybe seen those first three seasons.
Speaker 1: But anyway, I don't have much to say about it. My memory is terrible. Marriage Toxin by Bones film as well. The artwork looks really nice. It's in action comedy. For centuries, the deadly arts have been perfected by those known as masters. Among them, the poison Masters of the five Great Families hold the most fearsome power and influence. I honestly that like this one looks cool, but marriage Johnson is interesting as a name.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I remember hearing about this manga a little bit when it came out, and I haven't heard too much since. But I haven't heard any bad things. Like most of the stuff I've heard is positive. And uh, I don't know. It's one of those where it's like a spin on, like the romance aspect, right, So I could see it being good. I could see it being good. I just don't know a ton about it.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 2: True, It's like there are they like trying to kill each other. Let's see what what's going on here?
Speaker 1: What else? But when the when the Gerald family had decreed that he Carl's sister must bear an air to preserve the bloodline, by force if necessary, that's crazy, He Caroro resolves to protect her at all costs. It is then that he Cardo encounters someone else, a brilliant marriage swindler who becomes the target of his latest job. I don't get it. I still don't get it, but I'm gonna watch it.
Speaker 2: You know, I'll'll at least give it a try, probably, But yeah, I don't know either. I wish I could better explain this.
Speaker 1: One agents of the four seasons. Dance of Spring is a fantasy drama. When the Agents of Spring is abducted or Agent of Spring whatever, Kyo is adopted, Spring itself vanishes, plunging the well. It's coming on in the spring Steedson, They're perfect plunging the world into unending winter. Holy shit, winter is coming and it's staying. Refusing to give up her devoted guard soccer at Oh searches for her for years. This looks cool. I'm acting down for this.
Speaker 2: It sounds pretty cool. But I don't know if I followed exactly. I feel like we need a synopsis section like we have then, like a separate second synopsis like for dummies. Yeah, like I can maybe glance at and.
Speaker 1: I wonder if this is going to be like a romance as well, because the wording of it seems like they're trying to be like deep about it. It's like, so they're searching for her and then the reclaim the warmth they refuse to lose again, which was obviously referring to winter and spring. But at the same time, it's like, is there a romance there that'd be cool?
Speaker 2: Maybe? I'm not sure. Nothing else like the fact that they planned it to come out in the spring season makes me want to give it a try. If they had made this come out in any other season, I'd say poor planning, and I would I would spit at it. So yeah, this one could be worth.
Speaker 1: It, all right. This next title is fucking crazy. I made Friends with the second prettiest girl in my class.
Speaker 2: I've heard of this light novel. I haven't read it, but that is kind of a crazy title.
Speaker 1: I don't. I think We're starting to get to the point where I'm not gonna watch shows, so like, I'm gonna watch MARRIAGEX Talks and I'll check it out. I'll watch Agents of the Four Seasons, I'll check it out. I'll watch Damon's of the Shadow Realm and Which hat Altier. Those are like some of the originals. We're getting to the point where I'm just I'm just not watching the second prettiest girl in my class. It's not happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that one is. Like I said, it's a light novel I've at least heard the name of. So there's gonna be people excited for it. It's going to have an audience. But there's still some gems here just upcoming in the next few. Okay, I after that, I don't know either, but I'm excited for a few of these that we haven't gotten yet.
Speaker 1: The Ramparts of Ice, I don't know anything comedy, romance. Socially inept person maintains the wall between herself and other people. She spends her time in high school alone until she meets a boy who keeps trying to close the distance between them for some reason. Okay, I'm like, maybe it might be good. I don't know if I'm gonna check it out, but it might be good if I hear people talking, if I hear people talking highly about it. At some point in the season, I'll check it out. But currently it's not on the list. Liar Game by Madhouse, the last one.
Speaker 2: We just talked about, the Ramparts of Ice, I bring the synapsis now. It has a basketball player and it has so socially inept people. I like basketball. I'm socially inept. I might try this one.
Speaker 1: Well, you want check it out and let me know.
Speaker 2: We'll do We'll do. I'll take that one as a as an action item there.
Speaker 1: Liar Game by Studio Madhouse. I'm just just the fact that it's my Studio Matt Health and has the word game in it. I'm in there, I'm in there so deep.
Speaker 2: This one you got to try out at least I haven't. Like I said, I don't know how good the adaptation is going to be, but hopefully Madhouse nails it. This was one of my favorite manga as a kid, like growing really yeah, I love this series. It's a author that does like a lot of gambling type stuff really well. And then for this, or at least it reminds me of him. I'm not sure if it was him, but uh, this manga, I feel like when people describe uh squid Game to me, I'm like, it sounds a lot like this, but like rather than death games, it's like literally just all psychological, right, So it's like, uh, psychologically lying to each other. The person that swindles the money from everybody else by the end wins, right, So cool. You can't trust but our main our main girl is like a very naive, like overly trusting girl, right, So she's like thrust into this world, put in debt because she's tricked. And then uh, I don't know, it's I'm pretty gonna be pretty fresh on it because it's been for ever since I last read it, but I love this as as a kid. I'm excited for this one.
Speaker 1: I'm excited. It's a psychological drama. I'm definitely gonna check it out. Let's add it to the list. A Kane Banashi eild one has already come out for this one, I haven't checked it out. With only your voice and body mastered the art A Kane captivated since childhood by the magical performances of her father when this is a shocking incident during his decisive performance for promotion, I okay, I like you think about RockA Go or a little bit.
Speaker 2: So like if you've seen like show a Genriku RockA Go Shinju, that's an anime that does RockA Go really well. This is one of those shown in Jump manga that whenever I was keeping up with everything in Jump, this was one of the last ones I covered. So I haven't read a ton of it, but it was really good night quality when I was reading it. Oh, it's centered around uh, RockA Go, right, So it's like RockA Go is just the artist storytelling of like a traditional story reason making sure to you know, between just hand gestures and voice and whatnot. You're you're basically putting on a show telling stories that people already know. So it's like the art of storytelling itself. And it's like a shown in manga like around that. Right, So main girl there is the main character and I don't know. Like the first ten chapters I read really good, so I'm excited for this one.
Speaker 1: I feel like any chart needs to do a better job with synopsis. This is this like your synopsis there are so much better and you just explain what roccago is with just like they should have mentioned Rockago. I guess they do a little bit later in the synopsis.
Speaker 2: That's what it is. Prices like the word rock Ago. But yeah, if you don't know, you don't pretty tough to know.
Speaker 1: Oh man, it's stupid an art. It's not working for me either, Okay whatever. Needy Girl Overdose fuck, I don't know. I might need to watch this, I don't. I don't. I don't really even need to know what it's about, just the artwork in itself.
Speaker 2: No, I prefer my needy girls at the appropriate dose. No overdose needed.
Speaker 1: Top streamer girl with ten million subscribers. I like it's it's a streamer it's a show about a streamer, and it's got art that looks like very colorful.
Speaker 2: She has to be pretty entertaining if she has ten million subscribers. That's that's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Oh God, all right, farming Like, okay, I'm gonna check it out. So needy girl overdose checking out Liar Game checking out a Kana Banashi. Maybe so saying farming kan This is I know, right. I feel any any show that deals with content creation, just based off of my like background in it, I feel like I have to check it out, and they're usually pretty trash. Not gonna lie. There was one that was pretty good, but I can't remember what it was called, where everyone was streaming with a bunch of it was like obviously they're all, okay, that's terrible. This is terrible. Then I make you watch one recently and there they guy was a fighter as well, and all these other people are like streamers.
Speaker 2: I think we maybe talked about it, like on a seasonal thing if it was a recent show, but I don't think I ever watched it.
Speaker 1: I really enjoyed watching that show. Then chat which one it was, and he was watching these YouTube videos of this guy with a chicken mask or something, or like, oh.
Speaker 2: I've actually read a little bit of that one. Okay, I know what you're talking about now. Yeah, so that's like I think, based on like a mango manoa. I'm trying to remember what it's called.
Speaker 1: I really liked that show, Viral Hit, Viral Hit.
Speaker 2: I was reading that one a little bit. It was fun. It was kind of out there, right, but it's more like about fighting I think content, but there was.
Speaker 1: That aspect of the content involved and with fighting, like okay, this is my show.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was. It was interesting. It was I feel like I didn't like it as much as most people that read it, but like it. Uh yeah, No, it delves into the whole YouTube thing for sure. It's his friends that edit the videos.
Speaker 1: I will say I have three brain cells. Today it feels like I feel like I have no brain cells. Right, I apologie guy, guys, Next stop, next up, we have the Oh I do have my nicotine in my pocket. Let's go. I'm still back. Okay, my brain cell will return to me. The Warrior Princess and the barbaric King.
Speaker 2: I don't Yeah, as far as no brain cells, like I said, you just described a show or a series I had read a lot of and I didn't understand which one we were talking about too, you said, guy in a chicken mask. So yeah, the warrior princess and the barbaric king. This one. God, I don't know. Are we getting to that territory now? Where? Where?
Speaker 1: Where we are getting into that territory? For sure?
Speaker 2: It's still top twenty.
Speaker 1: Still top twenty. We're only twenty five minutes into the podcast, so I think we got to go at least until top thirty.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'll look at all these because you might find some hidden gems. I've found some ones I love. Always at the the bottom. It feels like the popularity wise.
Speaker 1: But apparently I missed three. So I skipped three. Oh yeah, I did my bad farming life in another world too. Oh my god, this got a season two. This got a sea in two.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's all about farming. Okay.
Speaker 1: I will say I really liked episode one and two of this. If I'm thinking of the right show, they're all so fucking similar. This is so many there was a.
Speaker 2: Show, Oh good for it?
Speaker 1: Is this the one? Does he ended up like fucking the cat girl? Like after three or something.
Speaker 2: I've just seen the short clip where it's like a bunch of elves making like wine and they're like all singing as they do it. So that's that's the only thing I really know about this, aside from like it's a major hairm I think because there's a lot of a lot of girls and apparently there's farming, like that's all I know.
Speaker 1: And anisa guy, Okay, I think I might be thinking of like merchant life in another world rather than farming. There's so many he looks the same, the main guy looks the same.
Speaker 2: All I know is that this one is I think, very much like an A Yashi k type show, if you know what that is. So it's like very much light vibes, not too stressed, not a lot going on. I think it's just, you know, a feel good show about farming in another world with girls, all right.
Speaker 1: So I don't think I watched I don't. I don't know. I don't think. So I think that with a.
Speaker 2: Grain of salt, there's probably fans out there, like this guy hasn't even watched it and he's acting like you know, it's based on that one scene of the elf girls making wine. But I feel like, I.
Speaker 1: Know, Pedals of Reincarnation. It's just a sophisticated way of saying it's a fucking a reincarnation. I'll give them credit for that name, Pedals of Reincarnation. The artwork looks kind of cool. What the fuck is this guy with the.
Speaker 2: Red so I did at least read the synopsis of this one. I don't think it's an I believe I could be wrong. It's like a girl like using something to draw on my abilities of her past lives or something like that. Right, So, I don't know all the details, but this one sounds kind of interesting. We can read the synopsis if you want.
Speaker 1: Tonya senius talentless. He's tried everything, but he can't seem to excel at anything, no matter how hard he tries. Then he meets Tito, a kendo champion, and humanities protect her. She uses the stem of reincarnation to draw on the abilities of her past lives, but it only works when she slits her own throat.
Speaker 2: Oh god, now she wants him to join her. I know I've seen I've seen this before. She's trying to get you to join a colt man run.
Speaker 1: Fuck, I now I have to watch it. I have to watch it, see.
Speaker 2: It sounds kind of interesting. I don't know anything about it, but it's like it threw you off, it made you expect this deal.
Speaker 1: Okay, Mistress can't Kanon or Cannon Uh Kanan is devilously easy. Mistress Cannon is devilishly easy. Is a crazy name. She's got gigantic Bazoyngas a female demon infiltrates to high school with the goal of devouring some delicious human souls. She sets her sights on the perfect target, a teen boy of course, named yuji Uji, and he goes for the kill only and goes for the kill only to somehow end up in a relationship with him instead.
Speaker 2: No way.
Speaker 1: I hate when I go there to kill someone and end up fucking loving them. Conan has never been in love before, and this oddly innocent demon creates absolute chaos as a two venture into romance.
Speaker 2: I'm not watching glancing at it, like the title's pretty suggestive, but I wonder if it's like just to play on words, because she's apparently like very innocent, right, so like she's gullible is how I would interpret that. But uh yeah, I'm probably not watching it either. I don't know anything else about it.
Speaker 1: But I be honest with you, I'm not watching that show. We're at that point or at that point where I don't feel like I need to watch these shows unless something really sticks out. The Warrior Princess and the Barbaric King, the strongest female knight in the West, was sent to subjugate the Barbaric tribes of the East, but when her missing fails, particularly, she's captured alive and imprisoned. Humiliated and dreading what horrific torture she'll endure, she asked to be put to death. To her surprise, rather than tearing her limb from limb, the tribe leader asks for her hand in marriage. Oh my god, this show sucks.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know what you think about it.
Speaker 1: These synopsis twists are dead in me.
Speaker 2: Oh god, this one sounds like a like a jose A type thing. I feel like it's always like the I don't know, I feel like I've never big on that type of story, but I feel like I've seen that same synopsis a few times over the years, something very similar, right, mm hmm. It's like he was as he was a beast, he was a he was a barbarian but the last now and now I'm you know, I'm captured in some way, shape or form, and we're gonna get married like something like that.
Speaker 1: I feel like sounds like Beauty and the Beast to me, Okay, exactly, I want to end this. Love Game is a romance comedy. Childhood friends Yukiya and Miku share everything except their feelings. Ever since sixth grade, they've played a love game. They take tur and saying I love you, and whoever gets flustered first loses. Now in high school, their hearts are even closer than ever.
Speaker 2: But it sounds kind of like Love is War a little bit. But I don't know much about it aside from like I've seen reviews of like the manga and it's it's very scored, very highly, So people love this one for like the YASHK manga that it is. I have not read it, so I don't know much else.
Speaker 1: But all right, fight this show. This show. We're not watching it.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying it has high scores. Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: I'm not watching this show, but you know what I am watching. Guys. Are you guys ready? Are you ready for Ruth Fighter?
Speaker 2: Rooster Fighter. This one already has like five episodes out. I've seen, I've been spoiled on this one.
Speaker 1: The neighborhood cock of the Walk is more than just an ordinary rust stir. He's humanity's greatest defender. His opponents maybe ten stories tall, but nothing is bigger than his stout heart and his fearsome battle cry.
Speaker 2: And now that's the synopsis, right, baby, let's go.
Speaker 1: That's what I edited.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm halfway tempted to spoil you with what I saw because it makes me not want to watch it.
Speaker 1: But you know, you know, let me let me, let me, let me do it, let me let me go into it.
Speaker 2: Raw please, Okay, Okay, I'm pumped.
Speaker 1: Gals can't be kind to otak. The next the next anime is gals can't be kind to Otaku. I'll watch it.
Speaker 2: An Oh, this man, this man with Garus, It's done well every so often, Like there was that one where that one show that one season where like for a school assigned that they like had to like live together and pretend they were married or something less than lovers.
Speaker 1: But dude, that was unreal.
Speaker 2: I was I watched that one was pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go, Team Pink Team, Pink Hair.
Speaker 2: You know, I was more with brown hair girl hair girl.
Speaker 1: Actually I couldn't remember who I was.
Speaker 2: Going for, but uh but yeah, like that, I remember that one was pretty good, and like, aside from that, I feel like this usually just isn't my kind of show. So I don't know, you have to let me know how this one is.
Speaker 1: I will say I do have a thing for the the Otakus and gal Combo gau Combo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of it out there, not too bad.
Speaker 1: I'm a sucker for it, not gonna lie. There's a few. There's a few anime I watched that have been absolutely trash, but like I just like it.
Speaker 2: No, it's fair, more than fair.
Speaker 1: Although the one that you mentioned that I watched, I watched on stream during my kick Sabbathan and I had so much fun watching with chat. It was amazing. It really enhanced the experience.
Speaker 2: That's like the one I think of, I think the most, But like I'm trying to think.
Speaker 1: Of there's any There was another one I watched, but then there was this other like side character that like kind of ruined it with like some weird ship. I can't I don't even know if I want to dive into it. But the main character's plot line was interesting, but there was side character stuff.
Speaker 2: I think I know which one you're talking about.
Speaker 1: There was one other I think I think the guy was into like little kids or something. I or like there was there was something going on with that.
Speaker 2: I know what you're talking about because especially like the uh that was like the worst mong guy I think I've ever read because ID before it came out, that was I'm trying to remember that was like over. That was like ten years ago when that one came out. But I know what you're I could picture it. I could picture it. Yeah, I wiped it from my head.
Speaker 1: It was I was alright, was no, it wasn't it wasn't okay. I just liked Yo Taku du I read.
Speaker 2: I couldn't do it. I watched an episode. I couldn't do it. But but the girls were hot, so like I get it. I get right, like she had a like like a hot friend or whatever that was a little bit older.
Speaker 1: But can I skip this next one? Koza kuras On she know Dice fukas on second season.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's a second season, but mission Yosakura Family. I love that showing and jump manga shout out. That's what I made a lot of videos back on when I was last making videos. Solid show.
Speaker 1: You watched it. So you've watched the season one, You've watched the season one.
Speaker 2: I've read a lot of the manga. I've watched a little bit of season one. I haven't watched all of it. I need to do so at some point. Okay, I always procrastinated. If I've read it already, you.
Speaker 1: Might check it out. The most heretical Last Boss Queen from Villainous to Save Your Season two. Okay, we could skip this one too. Maybe watch Mark Yeah, okay, watch it, Okay. Cool boton Camina fully blossoms when drunk. Kamina is a twenty year old college student at the top at the welcome party for the dorm she was assigned to. The dorm leader. Ibuku gives her a high ball to drink and she becomes tipsy, leading to her involvement with Ibuki from now on, a tipsy teasing girl's comedy.
Speaker 2: Sure is This Grand Blue meets Skurri and Lagan. I heard Kamua and I started thinking about Gurr and Lagan.
Speaker 1: But I might watch it if I get to that point. Where like I'm gonna watch the first episode of a bunch of shows and if I'm just like still ripping first episodes, I might do it. I might not. I'm not undecided, right, no, fair enough, all right. The next one is called Hibara's Teenage New Game Plus Haha, there's a gaming reference in the title. I'm watching.
Speaker 2: Oh god, so this one I.
Speaker 1: Saw, Jordan got excited, so I had to say, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know if the anime will be good or not. You know, even for me, this one was more like a guilty pleasure. It was just kind of okay for the novels, but like I read like eight of these novels and then afterwards, this was like a month or two ago when I read these, and like afterwards I found out it's like this anime is coming out, so I'm like, oh god, of course I probably won't watch it now. But you know, it was like a of like Tomozaki Kun, which is one of my favorite novels, and uh, I don't know. There's a few others where they like go back in time to like redo stuff like Remake My Life, and uh, I think I think it was Remake my Life, and it reminds me of those in a way. Right, It's just kind of a guilty pleasure type thing. But like even then it wasn't anything like too crazy or amazing. It was fun.
Speaker 1: Uh this next one.
Speaker 2: But I'll say the biggest thing on this on hybrids real quick would just be that, like he goes back and he does a lot of stuff surface level a lot better. He actually starts working out taking care of himself, you know, trying to do these surface level things. But the human interaction part is, uh, is something that even if you do it better surfacely, like human connection goes deeper than that, right, So it's like he has to actually learn that these other people are actually people too, how to how to best? They got their own problems going on, right, So you can fix the surface level stuff, and it's not going to tackle those those deeper connections, right, So I don't know. Good little series.
Speaker 1: All right, Mao looks kind of cool. The curse that buyings past him present Maw, a young mystic who lives in the period of the early nineteen hundreds Japan, is a mysterious on moji who, after suffering a life altering curse, has continued to live for nine hundred long years. His world becomes even stranger when he meets Kiba, junior high schooler who seems to have traveled from the future. There's a lot going on here is just yeah, does MAO mean cat? No? What?
Speaker 2: I think it's just his name.
Speaker 1: There's a big cat in the background of the art, and he's got a cool sword.
Speaker 2: So it's like Naruto's The name of the series is Naruto and his name is Narrato. I think it's like the same thing.
Speaker 1: That's right, That's right. His name is mal alright. The next one is one of my pet peeves. Is like thick, big titty women with it was like the eyes and the childlike faces kill me.
Speaker 2: He's not a fan, this is I'm not a fan.
Speaker 1: Yoa yoa sense it's remind me I need to go. Although I do love, I do love, I do love someway anime, it's just the ones that are moy that I like tend not to be lude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fair, fair enough. I don't know much about this one, but looking at the faces of like, I need to go finish Rory Rocks. Rory Rocks was so good.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I was fucking ribbing on Rory Rocks for that one that one like older Sense or SEMPI. Yeah, yeah, speaking of Moe, like what they called like Kaon would be considered may right. Yeah, yeah, it's like I love Chon so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's just like it's just basically just means QT type stuff, like cuter aesthetics. Right so the rock Yeah, so it's uh yeah, fair enough, but the rock Chaon for sure. I feel like it's just like an art style with faces kind of yeah, is a lot of it whenever you talk about like anime in particular, right, So, like I looked at this, Yeah, my first thought when I saw those faces was it was kind of a little bit more Moway like compared to like other ways to draw big breasted women.
Speaker 1: Right, So true, Reborn as the Vending Machine is getting a season three. I cannot believe this Reborn as a Vending Machine is now wandering the dungeon season three. Holy, I think that's where we end the podcast.
Speaker 2: Maybe season three. It's getting a season three.
Speaker 1: I don't remember when it got a season two, but it did. Oh god, maybe they're skipping it and jumping right to three.
Speaker 2: Yo, I wouldn't surprise me.
Speaker 1: There is something have you ever watched Ast of Diamond Jordan.
Speaker 2: I have I love As of Diamond. I've read all the manga for it, both one and two.
Speaker 1: Because I was considering, considering how much we loved Major, I'm like, I've never watched Ace of Diamond. And there's also this other one, another baseball anime. I think we should just watch a bunch of baseball and anime just for one week and talk about the fun thing.
Speaker 2: I'd be that for that, the fun thing with I've probably already seen most of them. But the thing about sports series, especially baseball is uh, I feel like they all focus on like different things, so like they're also different from one another. So like while Major kind of focused on everything Diamond o ACE focuses a lot on like the baseball itself. Right, So there is but it does it really well. It's really polished in that regard. So it's a good series. It's a it's fun would recommend.
Speaker 1: All right, we're really getting to the end here, end of the list. Is there anything specifically you want to talk about before we call it a podcast?
Speaker 2: Yeah, last one I would mention would be like The Classroom with a Black Cat and a Witch. Haven't read it, but I at least know, the same author did a boarding School Juliette and the Boarding School juliet manga is is really underrated, really good gym. I say underrated. It's great at highly but just not well known, right, But it's one of those that's that's really good. And if this is anything even close to that, taking those classic trapes Her stories and the you know, making it into a new anime, then you know, I'm excited for it.
Speaker 1: Cool, there's this this This is one that's one of the least anticipated, least popular anime of the season, The Drops of God. I just like that name sounds so cool that I kind of have to check it out.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what that one does seem interesting just based on the first glance at the synopsis. I know, apparently he's a wine critic, right, So like you're going into a specific niche, uh that, like you know, normally you want to know much about. But if it's like entire focused entirely on that, I love series that do that. They just going to this niche and just dive in.
Speaker 1: I always like to find one show like this because the shorts always pop off because no one is making content on it. So like whenever one someone types in the drops of God on YouTube, my videos are gonna be the only ones that come up because no one is making what What number are we at? Did even say it? Did happen?
Speaker 2: It stopped saying after it stopped, it stopped.
Speaker 1: Saying it after a certain point. I think we're so low. Yeah, we're we were. I don't know how to check. I see like this one says number sixteen, number twenty one, twenty six.
Speaker 2: Thirty.
Speaker 1: No, there's like a way of checking. I think, oh no, that's only some of them, only some of them say it. But this one is literally one two three, four five. The sixth least anticipated anime dropped of God. Cool synopsis, cool title name, I'm gonna check it out. I do need to call it a podcast. I'm about to poop my pants? Anything else? Okay, I gotta go the movie.
Speaker 2: That's exciting. Cool everybody, Bye,