Speaker 1: Hey everybody, It's Tuesday. Welcome to the Giant Bomb Cast. I am your host today, Mike Minnaughty and it may no longer be a time for golf, but it is as always still a time for video games. And helping me navigate the choppy waters of the video game world is an excellent crew of a fellow goobers Game Goobers. All we can rebrand a game goobers. I bet that's I'll take a gamegoobers dot com. Someone look into it. I get co kept co capt to this ship. Still I have not thrown him overboard. Jeff Grub, how's it going.
Speaker 2: I'm happy to be here, Mike, thanks for having me. It's not golf week, but it's still a week, so we still.
Speaker 3: Have to do this.
Speaker 1: I think, Yeah, that's right, and it's always a good week for Dan. He seems very excited about gameen Goober is Dan Riker? What is the story about game goobers, folks?
Speaker 3: I don't even know if I should say this loud, because somebody's gonna coach it. Gamegoobers dot Com is eighteen dollars and ninety nine cents and available. What yeah, got somebody by game goopers. We knew game goobers. Somebody get game goobers, and he us I mean as in somebody.
Speaker 1: He is the biggest goober I know. In fact, I bet the G on his hat stands for goober, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: Jeff Becklaw, you got it.
Speaker 1: I'm wearing a shirt. I'm wearing a shirt. I'm wearing a hat that says G for goober, goofy goober.
Speaker 3: That's me.
Speaker 1: I'm a big SpongeBob guy and I love goofy goobers. There's like a fourth or fifth I lost track SpongeBob movie coming out. There's a big billboard four at the theater. And the reason I kind of see it is because in front of it is a new teenage beat Ninja Turtle short based off that newer movie. And it's a Christmas special, and I think it might secretly be a sequel to that live action Christmas special that they did that I do a caroling play stage version of with my friends every Christmas. Yes, we know that.
Speaker 4: I would be very excited for you if this was We're happy for you an unspoken sequel to that Christmas Ninja Turtle situation.
Speaker 1: Well, it's also a reference to home Alone bakalar. It's like it's called like Loston, New Jersey or something like that. It's called home alone or Chrome Alone two. Chrome Alone two is the name of the short. So they're doing some home alone shin it. Yeah, I see you googling. It's about the turtles down across the river. The one teaser trailer immediately has a chat GBT jokes, so that's a little bit like, Okay, I guess, I guess you know, fifteen year olds are probably using chat GBT O.
Speaker 2: Probably sure, probably they're doing that more than they're talking to their parents.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, see, I don't I know very little about the current teenager situation. I've got nephews and nieces that are good like ranges toddler to ten uh, and then I have, you know, a bunch of friends that are my age in between. Then I really don't know what humanity is up to.
Speaker 3: We know it's I think it's better that way. Mike honestly like he's not knowing because every time that door is like I was trying to explain the six to seven thing to Bonk recently, and it's just like, as these words are coming out of my mouth, like I'm mad that I know this. You know things that I don't know why these those numbers are important.
Speaker 1: We can't we can't do this. Yeah, we just can't do this.
Speaker 3: Good. It's not good.
Speaker 4: You're you know, you're either in the club or you're not. And we know where you guys stand. We get it, okay.
Speaker 1: I know I'm usually talking about how movies are mid and I don't see many movies.
Speaker 3: I saw two movies this weekend. You were you were saddened about the loss of Diane Keaton's You're Going Back? You know it was Godfather and Annie Hall And right, yeah, that.
Speaker 1: Wasn't a joke. I posted at our discord. I'd like, looked at her filmography and I'm like, I know, this is a very famous person, and I I know Diane Keaton is if I see Die movies and O God movies from her philmography, I think I've ever seen our Look.
Speaker 3: Who's talking now, I think she's the voice of one of the.
Speaker 1: Dogs and then finding Dorry and I assume she's just the voice of like I don't know, the a dolphin or something that was actually I.
Speaker 3: Mean the oscars in Memoria Montage is just gonna be a look. Who's talking now and finding I've never seen Annie Hall. No, I never saw anything.
Speaker 1: I've never seen Godfather, so I've never seen her in a live action movie.
Speaker 3: I never saw Father of the Bride.
Speaker 1: I think I saw the end of Father on the Bride on like TV and at Disney Hotel.
Speaker 3: Is a very different, very different motion picture. He saw that on a streaming platform online.
Speaker 1: It's like Farmer on the Dale exactly. It's exactly that. Tell me more about Lost in New Jersey, Mike, maybe a pivot back to that.
Speaker 3: I saw tron aries.
Speaker 1: Mon No, never of so much people, I mean on a movie. I'll tell you what, my incredibly low expectations helped me not absolutely hate it.
Speaker 3: I suppose cool sounds great.
Speaker 1: Do you have thoughts on Jared leto Mike, do you have a v once again? This might be the first thing I've seen him in?
Speaker 3: And what else would I seen him in? Blade Runner? I mean Million Club? Okay, get which I like?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I do. Like you didn't see Morbius, You're mister Morbius.
Speaker 1: I didn't see Morbius or that first suicide squad. That's okay, that's understandable.
Speaker 3: Heat see for a Dream.
Speaker 1: But the once, the one semester I was a film major they made me watch that. That was a sad movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, I'll tell.
Speaker 1: You nobody, nobody, nobody had a happy idea of that one.
Speaker 3: Well maybe maybe that one rich guy but a perverse gat time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a weird movie to watch if you have a crush on Jennifer Connolly because of the rocketeer. Oh okay, we haven't reasons Yeah, oh no, rocketeers a great reason.
Speaker 3: Never actually pop gun Maverick is that's sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah whatever, Yeah, she said some kind of movie in the nineties where she's just in like a Walmart or a target for like a long period of time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she rides the horse.
Speaker 1: We you know, because that reminds me of the other movie I saw, which was roof Man, which is an actual good movie that was just unequivocally a good time with Channing Tatum and Kristen Dunst in it. I liked that quite a lot.
Speaker 2: Roof Man is the movie they're doing the thing where if you go to an Alamo draft house and show your ID and it says Jeff, you get to see the movie for free.
Speaker 1: Because Channing Tatum.
Speaker 2: Is apologizing to all Jeffs for the my name Jeff from that damn twenty one Jump Street movie. So they did a whole deal. Like his character in this movie is also called Jeff, but like this is an apology to Jeff's so bad you could go on a date.
Speaker 3: We should go see it. Yeah, I'm not gonna work. We should get our reparations.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's about time. I don't I don't know if I have one of those theaters near me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I didn't. I didn't Denver.
Speaker 1: It was awesome, but the only time I ever been to one was I think LA when we saw god Zilla minus one, when Dan fell asleep during the movie.
Speaker 3: Which never ever happens. It's happened twice in my life. It happened there, and it happened in the Killers of the Flower Moon again. The guy who admonishes me because I will look.
Speaker 6: At it, Etra Butter, we literally just got done with our stage show and all that exhaustion of the whole week, and we go to a theater and that's why I fell asleep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you just don't respect cineba like I do. I saw the Two movies, including the New Tron How about you all, would you get up to anything first week? And Jeff, you were traveling, Yeah, yeah, I was. I was telling you before that. I it was kind of a bummer.
Speaker 3: INDI Now.
Speaker 1: We went to the Toledo Zoo. It was great.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: We did a red panda thing where it's like we got there early and they let us go in there and feed the red panda. We got to feed them cranberries and the kids are having the great time and steps it's their favorite animal.
Speaker 3: It was for her birthday.
Speaker 2: So we did that and I'm filming the whole thing with my new Dji Osmo Pocket three and get all kinds of great stuff. And then at somewhere in like the last five minutes of that trip, I lost it. And I cannot find my pictures cameras. It's devastating. I'm like, I've just been bummed out ever since. I'm constantly on the phone with the zoo seeing if they found it. And uh, I like, I'm like about to just be like, hey, if if you just can you put up signs and say I'll give like two hundred dollars just for the SD card.
Speaker 3: I just want the pictures. I just want the movies.
Speaker 1: I know this is about emotional value, but do you think this is hurting your walk more than when I went to the Zoo and accidentally won those two auctions for those signed photos of pricing pretty close?
Speaker 3: I might have HD out there a little bit. Yeah, we keep losing money at zoo. Zoos are bad luck.
Speaker 1: For Giant Bomb. I think we're finding you.
Speaker 3: Suggest buy the Zoo.
Speaker 2: Clearly the only option we have here to buy the Zoom, our solutions.
Speaker 4: Everything cannot be buying it. We did this already a year.
Speaker 3: No, it's a lot company. Yeah, okay, sure, what's that going for?
Speaker 1: I'm sure it's for sale.
Speaker 3: The price.
Speaker 1: Fellas Xbox, that'll go great. I'm sorry about that, buddy, but you had a good time though.
Speaker 3: You know me. Here are what's important?
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, for sure, it's we just we took fewer pictures because I was getting everything on there and it's stuff.
Speaker 4: I don't want to unpack this more than it needs to be. But like rub it in, what do you think? What do you think happened?
Speaker 2: I think that uh it got I was carrying it because I didn't want to lose it, so I had in my hand the whole time, and then at the at the end of the day, we are going to the gift shop, and I think I set it down to go help one of the kids with with something some i'thing about to pay, and I think I was setting down various things, like they're like they had a drink and I think I set that down in the drink down and I went and dealt with that and came back and picked the drink up and just left it there.
Speaker 1: I think it's just like and it blends in with shit.
Speaker 2: And yeah, yeah, exactly, it was just there on the and like, you know, now I'm holding even more stuff because we just bought a bunch of stuff. So I think I just my brain was like, now I have everything in my hands and good to go.
Speaker 3: I think that's what happened.
Speaker 1: Any number of other It could have fell out of my pocket, it could have been somewhere else, but it definitely was near the end of the day, which is especially frustrating an animal not it, at least I honestly, that would be the I would love that best case scenario and animal gets it and we find it in like five years in a cage.
Speaker 4: Lodged in a lions esophagus is more exactly right, because it's like it's it's shitty to imagine that somebody did just like see it and took it instead of sending it to Loss and Found, which I guess you know, of course that happens, but of course it happens. Yeah, I think it happens more than well, I don't know, what do you think the I.
Speaker 1: Think it's about fifty to fifty.
Speaker 3: Guess many fifty. It killed me as a kid. I was at Worlds of Fun, which is like our six Flags, and at the time, I was like, my dad was really trying to give me in a baseball and for some reason I picked the Atlanta Braves were my team. And I was obsessed with the Braves and Dave Justice and Ron Gant and all this stuff. And there's one of the pitching games a World's Fun, where you pitched twice and it tells you miles per hour and you guess the next one. And I guessed it and I won, and they gave me like an Atlanta Braves batting a hat and I was wearing it around. My favorite thing in the world we get on the timber Wolf, the roller coaster, they make you take it off and put it in the cubby. By the time it was down, the thing was gone. Somebody had just like taken it and like no loss and found no way to get it, and just like oh, just the highs of like oh my god, I won this thing to like yeah gone. Now yeah.
Speaker 1: The feeling mm hmm, I find it.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I hope I.
Speaker 1: Just get I hope I get a call during this podcast.
Speaker 3: I would just leave you all and go deal with that. That's fair enough.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe back Lard Dan had a more uplifting weekend. They can balance things out here.
Speaker 3: About a car, Well, about a car you bought it, Yeah, well it's going to be here in like six weeks, but we bought it and ordered it. What kind of car? Yeah I got. I got a hybrid. I got a super cross track hybrid. It's coming in in a little bit. So I drove around. Never did a hybrid thing before. I kind of learned. Well, I mean, back Lar, I've driven your car. I don't know if that was a hybrid or fully electric fully electric okay, but yeah, the breaking thing that like regenerative whatever, like charging the battery as you do that, so you don't need to like get the stuff in your house. You don't have to worry about it. Like it runs on gas over like eleven miles per hour or something. So I don't know kind of looking forward to it's not like an suv or anything. What's a little higher up than.
Speaker 4: Our It's like a mid It's like halfway there, right, it's like a it's crossover.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's higher up than like the President everything. But yeah, I don't know. I liked it. Like we've had that super roup since twenty twenty and it seems good and people seem like super routes.
Speaker 1: So good job. That was not everyone's buying a car. How did you do it? You just go in and be like all right, I'm not going to let anyone toss me around.
Speaker 3: Not gonna get buffalo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how'd you ensure that?
Speaker 3: I mean I did completely just fall for a marketing thing and that they sent us a thing in the mail. This is like, hey, Dan, we're here at the super roop place and got some people that are really interested in the twenty twenty super U you want to come in trade it in or whatever, And like I recognize it as like, oh they want to me to buy a new super brew. Sure, then we realize, like, this's for like five years, it's not gonna be worth It's just gonna lose value as we go on, so might as well bump it up a little bit. So it was a marketing thing that was not I don't feel like I got buffaloed. I think it just got me thinking about upgrading and trading in. It seemed like a good time to do it.
Speaker 1: So I mean, yeah, you got the market of the advertising work it did, but I don't think I was.
Speaker 3: It was a bad idea.
Speaker 1: But buffalo buffaloed is when you get taken advantage of. Is that what?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, when you go to like and so my grandpad always sa if you went to like a car dealership or whatever to get like you just need to get your oil change, and they tell you like, oh, you should probably get this and this and this and this and this, and like upsell you on a bunch of stuff you don't need. That's getting buffaloed. So always in the service of.
Speaker 1: You own the last car or you're releasing.
Speaker 3: It owned it? Yeah, nice, yeah.
Speaker 1: Cool, good job.
Speaker 4: Wait to be Yeah, we don't have to unpack the specifics because I don't want you to find out live on this podcast as you got buffaloed.
Speaker 3: So I think there's stun be good though, right, We did some research and talk to people. No, super is a great car.
Speaker 1: I had a Forester for many years.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, look at those two. Yeah right, Mike.
Speaker 1: I got a COVID shot yesterday.
Speaker 3: Oh that's right.
Speaker 1: I feel terrible today. My kid my did got one too.
Speaker 4: And the nurse we sit down, and you know, Dibb's young, he's not a fan of shots.
Speaker 1: Who is at that age? Who is that all?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: One, right, It's a relatively painless thing for the most part, and he was a little nervous. So the nurse applying the performing the vaccinations starts telling sees it the little nut. He's a little squirmy, let's call it that.
Speaker 4: And she goes, don't worry. Whatever happens, it can't be worse than the couple, than the family that was here about three hours ago.
Speaker 1: I said, tell me about this family from three hours ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gotta know.
Speaker 1: She goes, well, it was a six year old and eight year old and a ten year old, and the six year old got the shot immediately threw up and then the eight year old passed out, and then the ten year old threw up all over me on the floor.
Speaker 3: Oh to throw up sandwich.
Speaker 1: And Dylan's just like, no, why are.
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: Like he looked at me.
Speaker 1: He's just like, what's wrong with this lady?
Speaker 3: Did you see the color leave his face? And he's just like what like?
Speaker 4: And I go, I said, oh cool. Now he knows that puking is an option here, he knows that's on the table. Uh No, he took it like a champ. It was all good. He feels fine today. Stacy feels fine today. For whatever reason, whenever I get this thing, man, I feel like dog shit. Yeah, not progressively better over the years, but I feel bad today.
Speaker 1: Interesting, I probably should get Yeah, I probably should get mine. I feel like I've been feeling worse for some reason each time I get one. I don't know why, but each time it hits me harder than it used to. I really need to, though, because like my crones, medicines are you know, stuff that is supposed to actually suppress my immune system, because that's what like the crones is, is my immune system being overactive and attacking my call in and whatnot. But also means I'm can more easily get things like the flu or crown, so it's good for me to get the shots. It's a real it's a real battlefield out there of germs and viruses everybody.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know, but you know that just reminded me.
Speaker 4: Dyl Is like he's like, oh yeah, let's get a flu shot, Let's get a COVID shot.
Speaker 1: He's like, it's all good. He's like, how many diseases could there be?
Speaker 3: Thirty?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, yeah about that. I'm like, I'm like thirty four. There's thirty four that we know about. It's a battlefield of diseases in this world.
Speaker 3: Everybody.
Speaker 1: Uh, speaking of battlefields, Dan and music, I don't know.
Speaker 3: We got that.
Speaker 5: Version that's beautiful.
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Uh. Dan and I checked out some.
Speaker 1: Battlefield six Friday evening. We played a couple hours of it or so together. Actually just rang around in that main mode conquest being great soldiers going undefeated was unreal. That's the one way putting it.
Speaker 5: He shit, but my gosh, just made me a liar, like that, what the fuck?
Speaker 3: Wow? Uh Dan, I think we had a good time. I had a good time in the way that like anytime I've played a Battlefield game, it like kind of felt like the exact same brand of good time, which I'm no battlefield scholar. I reviewed three for Game Informer. Didn't play the old ones because they were PC only and didn't have that, and then like four and five and all the future ones and all that didn't really mess around with, so like very limited battlefield experience, but everything we played for those couple hours like, yeah, this seems this is fun and this is a battlefield, you know, like I can't speak to the tiny little tweaks they've made or what they've changed from like the future one before that or whatever, but it was fun. I don't think I'm gonna play it more. I've heard the campaign is not great, Like, Mike, do you see yourself playing more of it?
Speaker 1: It's only if I get invited to player friends. Right, Like, I was having a good time, but there's no whirlwind where like tonight, I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, ah, I got an to play big games.
Speaker 1: Time to just jump into some random online matches of Battlefield six. It was fun playing with you and running around with you and and for me be like, hey, I'm in a tank jumping this tank with me. We're gonna go, you know, going to point A together, and you gotta revive me and I gotta revive you. It'd be funny if you killed a guy just using your stimpack thing or whatever it's called, right. I mean, it's a very good one of those. And it's also like it's a very good looking game. It's running really nicely and a time where you know, even on a very high end computer, some games are just kind of running awkwardly, this one seems like it's its performance is pretty good all around. I will say I'm a little surprised, like it's a very good one of these. It's almost a little weird how I don't know if there's a lot of new juice here, right, And maybe it's because when they try to do new juice people don't like it. And been the last couple of Battlefield games, this is very much supposed to be kind of a bad the basics sort of thing. But there was like a weirdness there. As somebody who played a lot of Battlefield nineteen forty two, and I'm like, this is this that different of an experience than what I remember playing that game? In two thousand and three.
Speaker 3: Or whatever it was.
Speaker 1: No, is that a bad thing? I guess not necessarily, but it's it's a little weird. I mean, counter Strike two, even though it's called that, is very much still basically that game as it was in nineteen ninety nine or whatever. So there just is always kind of room for these experiences. Did you guys try any the close quarters one, the one that's more like Call of Duty?
Speaker 3: No, I reel like with Battlefield, Like it's when I think Battlefield, I think of Conquest. I think of that running around to get points and stuff like that. And with I just had the mildest of curiosities about this one, and so I figured, if I'm going to probably play this once, I want to check out the mode. I know, like, I'm not doing a deep dive on this game. I'm not going to try all the new modes and stuff like that. So that mild curiosity was stated by just playing for a couple hours with Mike. Had a good time, and like, I don't know, it's just I'm not feeling the draw to check on more of it.
Speaker 2: I played that close Quarters thing and I liked it quite a bit. You know, it's Battlefield but it's Call of Duty. But I think it's a pretty good sort of not in the middle. I don't know how to say it, but it's like, No, I had fun playing that. I think it like helped me kind of get a good idea of the feel of the guns and the running around without having the typical for me battlefield experience of I ran a long way just to die, which I know.
Speaker 3: Is a me problem and not a problem with this game. I should be playing a.
Speaker 2: Different way, but this mode makes it so I don't have to play it a different way. I can still just be a jackass run in there and have a pretty good time. That was still when it was bots mostly there was a few human players in that match, but it still felt I don't know, it was dynamic and fun, and I'm like, Okay, they kind of got all the basics here, right, And do I need to play this instead of Call of Duty?
Speaker 3: No? Probably not.
Speaker 2: I also probably won't play much more of this, but at the very least, I'm like, Okay, there's something here. I don't know if it's any thing new, like you were saying, like not new juice, but they got what they needed to get right.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, I like that you could take a blow torch to tanks because I was just running around to a certain point, just jumping on top of tanks and like blowing them up with blow torches.
Speaker 1: That was fun, right, Yeah, It's like, you know, there's plenty of opportunities for Dan and I to run around and like, you know, have a have a good time, and emergent funny things to happen, like always trying to resme at the last moment he gets snipe and I see his corpse just fall over, and you know, things like that. So yeah, you know, I think a lot of people were just hoping to get a good one of these, and that's absolutely what they delivered here, and that's I think we're seeing that reflected in this game being a pretty big success right now. Speaking of success, Uh, Jeff Backlar has successfully finished Silent HILLFLO. I hear, I hear, Jeff. This is a game that like really should be played through multiple times. Do you have any drive to do another playthrough to see what changes that's second go around? Do you feel pretty satisfied seeing credits that one time? No, I'm not playing this game again, not because I'm not interested in seeing all that stuff.
Speaker 3: I just can't do it. I can't.
Speaker 4: I can't play a game twice this quickly. To me, it just seems it's not that's not for me. That's not a thing I can do. I don't think. I do want to see all the alternate endings. I do want to see all that stuff. I find that stuff interesting.
Speaker 1: I thought the.
Speaker 4: Story really went places and covered a lot of stuff, and I'm happy to know what else is available there. I think this game is like really kind of like perfectly paced, little timing wise, like this is what I want. I think I did it in ten hours, give or take, and that's and that's what I want. I think that's you know, even I know I'm finishing games left and right here, guys, but you know, Cronos dragged for sure.
Speaker 1: And I liked where I was at with this one. I think it.
Speaker 4: I think it really completed and kind of wrapped things up in a really satisfying way. I was very hot on in the beginning. I know I talked about this maybe last week of the week before, and I think it. I saw everything that it was trying to do, and I think that momentum carried all the way through this game's a very combat focus, as you probably know, and I've seen a lot of criticism that sort of says like, oh, this is this is some sort of uh, you know, slap in the face to the purity of Silent Hill, and it's just like, oh my god, you have to touch grass, you fucking freak. I don't care what you think, You're stupid. It's a different it's a different game, for sure. I think there's enough of that horror survival horror overlap where I felt more than well served with what it was doing.
Speaker 1: Did you finish it? How did you find it? I'm pretty close to the end, I think. To give you idea, this is not really a spoiler, but I just finished the stuff back at my.
Speaker 3: House, so yeah, I think pretty deep in there. I like it a ton.
Speaker 1: I think it's and I think it actually kept getting better and more interesting. I know some people don't like the combat. I actually really like the combat. I think it does a good job of feeling very heavy and feeling kind of like I am like chunk. Yeah, it's gotcha schunky, and it's a bit awkward, but like, yeah, because I am a teenage girl swinging a steel pipe at monsters and it kind of does feel like that, but there is still stuff to it. You do have, you know, dodging, there is a sort of pary system, not like a traditional pary system, but there are things to think about that you're not just flailing around swinging at enemies like a man. And it's even a bit more to it than Selen Hill two's melee combat, which was mostly just dodging and swinging. And there's again I want to spoil it, but there's something that interesting that happens with the combat at a certain point that game, like, oh this is happening now, yeah, where suddenly it almost feels a bit more character actiony for a little bit. It was, and it was really satisfied see that. And there were some messed up sequences around there, huge Jeff stuff that I was I was literally doing the finger shields.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I don't know if I can watch I don't know if.
Speaker 1: I could take a look at this, which it's horrified, but also it's kind of fun.
Speaker 3: I like being like I'm not going to look, yes I am.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm going to peek through these little fingers right here.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I remember saying like oh this is not as scary as I wanted to be in the beginning. Certainly challenges that take as you play on. There are some truly brutal and gruesome scenes later on in this game where I was just sort of like, oh damn, that's fucked up. But yeah, I think some really striking characters that show up later on too, where I'm just like, fuck, look at this person that's super sick. Yeah, there's you know, the game when you start off, you the game starts off more traditionally silent Hill than it ends right, Like, I think you have the fog and you have all that stuff for a good four or five hours before things kind of you know journey into you know, floral horror hell, and you kind of have a bit of a different look and feel to the game.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I think overall, really really strong.
Speaker 4: I'm I was pleasantly surprised, did not know what to think of this going into it. Really glad they were able to stick the landing with this, and yeah, big fan. A lot of people have asked me, I know you have two grub you play this or Chronos. I'm still going Saln Hill left for sure. If you're looking for the spooky game this month.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like, I think this is what you guys were getting at a second go. But people were saying early on that it wasn't very scary, but it sounds like.
Speaker 3: It's at least just disturbing. Yeah, but it does get there.
Speaker 1: No one is going to be confused or like say, this isn't a whoreor game.
Speaker 3: It just right okay. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think for my you know that aside, I think for my taste, there's a couple areas that are a little bit too labyrinthy where you're sort of just like map span and you're like, what are we doing here?
Speaker 1: I wished that that button a lot.
Speaker 4: That's yeah, you're swapping back and forth. There a good amount in two really uh sort of guilty areas that I can think of at the top of my head. But other than that, you know, really strong stuff. Really some of the puzzles, I thought, how'd you find some of those puzzles, Mike. I feel like there's a couple where you're just like, huh, Like I.
Speaker 1: Was stumped in one where I needed to stop and kind of like come back to it. There's nothing there's not like tons of levers. You're putt. You're sort of just reading poems and matching up.
Speaker 4: The clues that are given by those I don't think little little poems.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Don't think I struggled too much.
Speaker 1: But I'm been I'm very much in a puzzle mindset right now.
Speaker 3: I've been playing so many of these kind.
Speaker 1: Of games that I'm on that wavelength at the moment. There was a couple of the where I sort of flailed around a bit and maybe just sort of brute forced it. There's one about shadows. I'm like, did I show this puzzle? And I was like, oh, I guess I did. Okay, fine, good enough. I don't think the puzzles are are the strong points of this case.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would have liked to see a little bit more there with the puzzles. Yeah, but I think overall, you know, things really tied up together a couple like inventory management things where you're like, things don't automatically assign to a place on the on the on the items select screen, you have to like manually put them there.
Speaker 7: If you were losing a little bit back, you're getting a little choppy again this first Midge there, Yeah, yeah, Vanwige there, Yeah, the amatory manager stuff is relatively fine.
Speaker 1: It's a quick the progression too, uh was like you get all these most of the items you get you have like the main healing items, and there's a bunch of other stuff that can heal, but mostly you're supposed to sell it for shrine points so that you can get level ups essentially, So there's a lot of like, well, I already have three divine water, so I can't pick up this dried carcass kind of a thing. Yeah, and I usually had more than enough healing items. I don't know about you, but I was not hurting for those at all. Yes, definitely pretty charitable in that category for sure. I know I should have stopped playing Hades two a while ago. Will be a lot of things to play, but I kind of still just keep playing Hades too, and it's it's almost becoming a bit of a problem. But that game is just it's just really fun, even just like playing a run a day, and they do just keep giving you reasons to play past the credits, because there's like still some mysteries. There's kind of a big one. I'm sure it's tied to kind of like a big story moment. Still kind of like in Haites one right where after you've got credits, it's still like, well, invite everybody over for dinner, just kind of like one of these things I need to see. Then there's the Knights Champion rewards, where if you can do a run with a lot of those modifiers on, you fight the hard mode versions of the bosses, you unlock these kind of in game statues. Even though I don't like achievements or trophies, the idea of something in the game that shows me my achievements, I think that somehow is more INTI excuse me, entice to me. And the character relationships like oh, I don't you know, I go, what's up with Dora and her memories? I got to give her more ambrosia and things like that. So yeah, there's all these reasons I still keep coming back to it and playing it quite a lot, and it still continues to be really fun. Is anyone else still playing this one or is everyone else kind of moved on?
Speaker 3: I can see myself going back to it on like a flight or something when I just want to, like, I'll do a run. You know, it's been a bit, but you know, there's clearly there's three things that I have in the hub world that are covered, and like I can tell that some like late postgame type stuff or whatever. So there's more there if I want to. But like you said, there's just a lot of shit out right now that I'm focusing on. But I see myself playing more.
Speaker 2: I've kind of put it aside well in the middle of it, And that's not like a reflection on the game. It's more like I get this experience I know, and it's obviously very good, but it almost feels so refined that it's like, uh, it feels like candy. It's like I like I can just sort of I don't know, I could see where it's going at all times and being like, I know, I'll have fun with that. Let me try some other stuff, and I'm not necessarily feeling a great pull to go back to it.
Speaker 3: But again, that's it's not a reflection of the game. It's not me.
Speaker 1: It's literally because you absolutely love Hades once, I guess I'm a little surprised after You're still like, you know, you don't seem enamored here.
Speaker 2: I think I know I would be if I really just kind of like completely gave myself over to it, but I'm also like, I don't know what it is. It's I feel like the rewards are so frequent and so much that it just feels like I don't have much of a choice in it.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 2: And it's not like I don't think that's a bad thing, because they are so good at delivering those things and they're so important for a Rogue Light, But just the way that I'm I'm feeling right now about games, like I'm definitely much more at a baby Steps mood than I am like at hades Chea, And in this moment right now, that's all.
Speaker 1: I guess, like, you know, so comparing recent experiences here, because in a Silk Song and you can go out, you can get some upgrades and whatnot, but you're largely sort of pushing through when you hit a roadblock there. Yeah, in Haities two, you're right after every run you're usually getting some pretty substantial kind of permanent character upgrades or somethings. It really is like you are getting better at the game too, and that's why you're gonna be boxer. You're also getting stronger, yeah, all the time as well. Do you prefer one or the other you think. It just kind of depends. I know, I think I'm like, so I oscillate.
Speaker 2: There are times where I definitely like to have the game that delivers the Hey, you're gonna get better, but really, let's just let you upgrade the character. And so the tenth run from now is going to be so different from this one like you're doing today, because your character is gonna have so many more abilities and powers to you know, this this run is more like just kind of like unlocking that stuff.
Speaker 3: That's really what it's about. And I think in this moment right now, I think I am.
Speaker 2: Feeling a little bit more towards I, I guess the Spelunky side of the spectrum where it's like, no, I don't know if I want any sort of upgrades. I kind of just want to get better at the game and sort of push against that sort of thing. Yeah, I think That's where I'm at in this moment. But I wouldn't change Hades too, Like I wouldn't change a thing about it. I'm glad it exists the way it is. I think it's a work of art in terms of their ability to deliver something that can make people feel rewarded.
Speaker 1: One of the reason why I think I am finally going to slow down is because I'm playing a sort of similar game. It's another Rogue Light experience. It's called Absolom. I've been hearing people talk about this. Yes, it's a beat them up so very much in that kind of classic Streets of Rage. There's some Golden Axe vibes here as well, but it's also run base and it's very much you're basically getting like the Boonze kind of system where after a fight, it will drop like, well, do you want to add burning to your main attacks or have a thing where if you successfully dodge and you get two little swirly tornadoes that automatally attack people. That kind of stuff, and you know, so all like the Hades esque roguelike Maca and there's the permanent progression to kind of thing, and you can unlock more characters, so that's kind of like getting a new weapon, right, But then you know, at the core it's a beat them up, and I like I do like two d beat them up quite a bit, and all that stuff feels very good here. You know, you could do some juggling, you can grab people and throw them, but there also are a lot of like kind of mechanics based around dodging, and you know, like the parry system here. It's not like a perry button, but if you dodge into an enemy, then yeah, you kind of perry them. They're off bounce for a second, and you can attack them. There's even a system where if you do your kind of heavy attack at the same time as the enemy doesn't attack, then you kind of have a clash and use. It's kind of like a critical hit scenario there. So it's even harder to do than a dodge or a parry, but with greater rewards. It's also just a very good looking game. It's all, you know, two D hand drawn. It's a very good sounding game, very pretty music. So yeah, it's just you know, Haites has a beat them up. I know this sounds a little reductive, maybe oversimplifying this is, but also because of that, it's you know, two players, like a lot of great beat them ups are I haven't tried that yet, but it just is clearly designed with that in mind.
Speaker 3: So on that note, I've been hearing really really great things about this game, and I've intentionally been trying to like not even look at screenshots or anything of it because Boom, you know, grew up, are probably good to just kind of like soft tease this, you know, no specifics, but I mean, I'm committed to it. Let's do it me too. I have for a long time wanted to bring back. This is the run if you have not seen it, it's a run that it's say, a feature that me and Vinnie used to do where several times a week we would play like Contra or Contra hardcore, you know, different games and try to beat the game in one run. So Grevi and I are going to go in blind starting this week. You know, keep an eye on our socials and everything for specific timing and things like that, but we're going to go in totally blind and we're going to do a run. We're gonna try to do it most days. You know, again, stay tuned to our socials and stuff for timing and things like that. We might have to squeeze it in between things or whatever, but it seems like a great way to experience that game play a co op. So yeah, this is the Run Absolom starting this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that'll be good. I like my first real run, I like maybe got to the second boss, and even my run through that I actually died of the first boss again, so it wasn't like just constantly progressing. I was like, Okay, this build was clearly now as good and I was maybe playing sloppy things like that. So yeah, I think that I think this would be a pretty good fit for that. Who knows, maybe we'll find out it gets really easy on the fourth run you beat it, but I bet it'll take more than that.
Speaker 3: Like I've seen a lot of people in the chat here say it's it's a great game for this, and you know, I had some people doing some recon this weekend playing it, and yeah, I think we're gonna have a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: With the grub o exciting. Okay, cool, Yes, I'm glad to hear that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mike, you said there's like maybe like ten minutes or whatever for like you know, kind of like getting into the game story. So like, well, probably just the first episode, grub Let's just go in totally blind and do whatever. That might be a little longer one if we have to get past the opening thing. But yeah, one run per stream.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because like the first thing you do is not really one of the traditional runs it's more of like a setup thing. So sure, sure you do that, then you do a run, and then after that you just do a run each day. I'm curious, like, I mean, the first two characters you can be as there's kind.
Speaker 3: Of a stocky.
Speaker 1: Dwarf and he has a gun just for his special attack, and then there's like a I think kind of like a dark golf with a big sword. Do you guys like know which ones you each want? Problem?
Speaker 3: I'm I'm not a stocky dwarf guy. I never picked the stocky dwarf.
Speaker 2: I could be a stocky dwarf guy, a stocky dwarf. Okay, yeah, that sounds good.
Speaker 1: I like stocky dwarves. I'm a big stocky dwarf fan. Kind Of continuing on this the rogueliking here, Dan, you've still been checking out megabank a bit, huh.
Speaker 3: I mean that that is still my thing where it's like, you know, if I've got ten twenty minutes, you know, like that's the one I will play. I'm not doing the like in a multi hour sessions like I was doing I started playing, but uh yeah, between that, it's just like I'm just playing more Yota still and that's more like, hey, I've got a night in front of me. I can really sit down and sink into this for a few hours. That's I'm doing. Yota and the shorter ones Makeabunk. Still loving both of them. Yota, I really am loving. I think it's great. I am into the story. I think the way they tell it is is like cut scenes and stuff are great. The way that like you'll go to one of the six or whatever to kill him, and you think, like I thought it was gonna be a quicker thing, like an Assassin's Cree Shadows you can just like find one of the dudes and kill him. And this one, it's like I started going after a dude and it became like a multi hour, multi part quest line of like you know, setbacks and going back to this area and stuff, and like by the time you finally get to the guy and everything, it's a super climactic, cool fight. Like I just I love the presentation of it. I love the open world. I just think they're kind of nailing it on so many fronts right now. So yeah, so Yota Megabank and then some embargos stuff we' talk about next week.
Speaker 1: Sometimes with these games, like oh, so Yota, I will get into a bit of kind of map fatigue, right, like the formula becomes maybe a little bit oppressive or tiring. Do you feel like that at all with this one? No?
Speaker 3: I feel like because you know, I'll finish one of these longer main story quests and I will, like per erfully just kind of warped myself to like, oh, I got one of those you know, map segments over here for an altar, and I'll just kind of like ride my horse over there, run into like a few little side things on the way. It's it's I think you can paste it out pretty well because even the multi part big story ones like give you the freedom in between, like you know, you can tell like, oh, talk to this guy and it's going to kick off the next big thing, or I can just kind of take a little break, do some side stuff. Level up a little bit, not level up, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you look up at the sky at all when you're playing that game? Not intentionally? Really? I guess in photo mode a couple of times like I do, finally going to photo mode more than news you look, you've seen any trails in Wow? We did?
Speaker 2: We we we did that one photo mode thing, and we did the the Aurora boreality.
Speaker 3: We did, but he wasn't actually curious about it. Grab. I know it feels like cheap. It is. Yeah, it's things, brother, move on.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of Trails in the Sky, I took out Trolls in the Sky first chapter.
Speaker 3: Finally did that.
Speaker 1: Finally did that on the Mega Man Block.
Speaker 3: You shut up. I worked yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, U oh, we're drinking your Martini's on your yachts or whatever.
Speaker 3: You do on your days off. I was.
Speaker 1: I was putting food on families by playing this anime JRPG. It's called Trolls in the Sky first Chapter. This is a remake of a game that I played on the PSP. Originally, it was kind of one of the best jeerpigs of that era at a time we weren't necessarily getting a ton of good ones, like the PS three era wasn't really good for that stuff, but this one, because those PSP was still sort of pixely and it kind of felt a bit more like a really good PS one JRPG in a lot of ways, and it spawned this whole series that is still going. There's tons of sequels to this game. I only ever played this one in the second one, which is kind of a single story, and then from there it goes into all these big directions. Yeah, they rem this one with very pretty looking graphics, like slightly soociaded but very colorful. Just looks very modern and nice. The music is all of a higher quality as well. The opening cutscene. I think it's gonna be rough for people to get through if they are not like super familiar, super used to or super in love with that very kind of specific anime presentation, you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean? Which which one?
Speaker 2: Like the like kind of like if you say, imagine a standard anime in my head that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like you know, you ever see why anime worth like a characters massive way they bunk them on the head like bronc like that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Right, three stooges, not.
Speaker 1: Three stooges, it's like anime stooges.
Speaker 3: It's just.
Speaker 5: It's trophy. He's trying to say, that's trophy tropy.
Speaker 1: And it's a little grating if you're not super enveloped by that stuff. And I'm relatively vloped by it just through jerrapygees. But even there like not as much as I used to be. I don't know why my tolerance for it is actually getting kind of worse with age or even this opening cut scene and just some of the voices and you know, English English voice acting Japanese voice acting, it is it still kind of has the same impact on me because the English voice, I think anythings is trying to replicate the inflections and the tones of that original language. Anyways, but it's just kind of a lot and the main character's voice, I don't know what it was. I just couldn't stand it. It's just sort of to me, Yeah, did you switch to Japanese? Because everyone was saying do the do the subst to Japanese and it was still like I don't know, wasn't that much better?
Speaker 8: And one I don't I don't know that language, so it's now the English guy. Yeah, I mean, look, sometimes that makes sense, like for Soon, who f Actually I did switch at to Japanese.
Speaker 1: I'm like, this is such a Japanese game that yeah, like doing this is more like I'm watching a foreign film makes sense to me here. Yeah, here, it's like no, I think I'm as well just keep it on the Japanese and it really is kind of just the one girl's voice that's grading me now. In the opening, cutting is a lot, and after that things settle down a little bit there, but again that's kind of the one minus because the pluses are very nicer. The combat is excellent. It's similar to Metaphor Fantasia, which apparently took this from a later Trails game that didn't play where to start. It is more of an action RPG, and then you kind of use that to set yourself up for an advantage once you transition into the turn based stuff. And even when you're doing that, when it's your turn, you kind of have free movement range and that replicates the original game, which is more grid based, almost a bit more like a Final Fancy Tactics in the battles here, but your instead of grid, it's more just like you have your circle of where you can move, and certain attacks have advantages based off of hitting enemies from the side or behind, or an AOI in a circle around you're an AOI in a ligne in front of you, so you're constantly thinking about move and placement even though it is turn based fighting. So the combat feels very good.
Speaker 3: Would you say does it share any DNA with Ease A Lachrymosi of Dana.
Speaker 1: Well, that's more of a pure action RPT. So some of the stuff, honestly before you go into the turn based a little bit in fact, you know this is that this is that company, these Falcom has two big pillars. Of course you know this, but I'm just telling the audience of Ease Yeah, and trails. So those those are the two big ones there for them. So yeah, the demo actually even though like at first I was a little bit like, oh, this is too much for me, but no, then by the end of it, the impression at left was not demo. My first play session was very strong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were saying that, like, can you just give me a little bit more on the combat You said, it's like action but like still has some menu based stuff or what.
Speaker 1: No, it's like did you you played a little bit of metaphor right, yes, yeah, a little bit like remember how you kind of like you're you're you're fighting people in the world, but it's really just to get yourself in a vance's for when you transition to the turn base. Now okay, yeah, so here it's almost it's a bit more free form here because you could just keep fighting them in that action.
Speaker 2: Because that's why I saw on the trailers was I was like, okay, that's confusing, Okay, keep going, but.
Speaker 1: Like eventually you're not dealing that much damage that way. So what you really want to do is you deal damage, and when you get them into a stun state and you transition into the turn based stuff, then that gives you an advantage.
Speaker 3: You can kind of start with your sort of.
Speaker 1: All out attack or whatever they call it here kind of thing. So you start, Yeah, this really is using that action RPG stuff to one, is it just quickly take out weaker enemies that you don't need to bother going into the whole turn based combat thing, or to give yourself an advantage leading into it, because you know you can still just take damage and everything else the same in either mode. So and again, I mean there's probably intricacies there that I didn't completely understand from playing two hours of it, but I already can see where it was going. A lot of jepty somethings. In the very beginning, they're very boring because you have like one spell and one attack, no, absolutely nothing, But this was immediately very interesting so I like the original game a lot. I would like to play more of this again. It's definitely is a pretty game, statically pleasing all around. I would recommend it, even if like some of the tropiness of it throws you off at first, I think you can kind of push through it and get.
Speaker 3: Used to that excellent.
Speaker 1: Can I make a quick request before we go to the break?
Speaker 3: Can we do a golf week recap? Actually?
Speaker 2: Can we just since we're experts now we played all the golf games, we just do a mount rushmore of a golf video games.
Speaker 3: I think we can do it. Well, Yeah, I've got thoughts on that.
Speaker 2: I think Tiger four. I think Tiger four is actually it's just that four for me. I think I would also put Neo Turf Masters on there.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, it looks really good from we played. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Beach golf links for the Sega Saturn. Uh pebble beach golf links?
Speaker 3: Is I like it would be right there?
Speaker 1: Or links?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 2: Links three eighty six pro? But I'm willing to give it to Craig Stadler here, so uh pebble pebble golf links all right?
Speaker 3: Color Mario Golf.
Speaker 1: And then I was gonna say Mario Golf for Game Boy Color.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, Mario Golf.
Speaker 1: You know they needed to be that, like Told Steel Tour for the Mario golfs. Yeah, I like that Mario Golf one because that's like the RPG. Yeah, you know, hot Shots and original Mario Golf definitely.
Speaker 3: All could be up there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're missing Golf Story and Kirby dream Course. Now though sure Golf Story didn't love that.
Speaker 3: Have you never played Kirby's Dream Course. That's a couple of times. I just could wrap my head around it. I like, it seems so cool. I just need to understand it more. You know, it just is so different than normal golf, you know clearly though. No golden tea gold tinge God. Yeah, yeah wow. I mean golf with their friends was good. Not Rushmore, but yeah, but it's maybe that might have been a game to play over golf.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's a Mount Rushmore. It might be a Mount Rushmore like multiplayer games. Honestly, it's like just so much. Yeah, it's really really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah off, it's actually you know, it defaults to off.
Speaker 3: We turn it on because we're cool.
Speaker 1: What a terrible detail.
Speaker 2: Okay, so our mount rushmore of golf games is Tiger O for Neo Turf Masters, Pebble Golf Links and Mario Golf.
Speaker 1: Gpe Beat Golf Links God Pebble Golf.
Speaker 3: Game. I'm replacing it with links. Three to six Pro. Yeah, sorry, all right, there you go. There's ore. There's because that might have been the one I played. Yeah, yeah, that was one of the six pro.
Speaker 1: He's like really kind of a George Washington.
Speaker 3: It's uh.
Speaker 1: It was the first kind of popular sim golf on PC. Crap carried Golf Week, and you are not going to disrespect him like that.
Speaker 3: Jeff and I are gonna fight. What's this?
Speaker 1: Break happens everybody, So we're gonna have things out for a while here. In the meantime, though, you just chill out, We'll be right back.
Speaker 3: You piece of shit? How did you do me?
Speaker 1: Ow?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna train this one. Oh what does that mean? Rub?
Speaker 9: It's okay, just look at it.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's fine. Wait wait, wait, wait, damn? What are you doing here? Oh? Like like existentially or what do you mean?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Dan, like here a giant bomb covering games?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh what I do for a living? Okay, Well, I'm here because of Game Informer. That's right. Way back in nineteen ninety three, I saw a Game Informer magazine and subscribed for the first time, and it has been a huge part of my life ever since. From you know, working the register at Funko Land and selling subscriptions to starting working there full time in two thousand and nine, Game Informer has been there for me the whole time. They mean a ton to me, so it hurt me, just like I know it hurt a lot of you when the unexpected news came down not too long ago that Game Informer was shutting down. But nay, fair not, I say, that's right. Game Informer is back, and with one hundred percent of the staff that was there when it shut down.
Speaker 9: Now, Danny boy, I see that you're holding a magazine right there.
Speaker 1: Tell me about how that page feels.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, I have held hundreds upon hundreds of Game Informer magazines from nineteen ninety three to today, and this is, without a doubt the best. But I'm feeling this right now. This is this is a smooth cover, This is a thick, nice paper here, the print is just this is a wonderful quality print magazine. It makes my heart feel good.
Speaker 2: And I know that Game Informer is a team that I can rely on to say something substantial about games and the people who make them, because GI has a stellar crew of editors.
Speaker 3: These are people I love.
Speaker 2: To have on the couch at Giant Bomb at night over at Summer Game Fest. It's people I can always rely to have something interesting to say. That's why I know when they have those excellent cover stories, just like they always did and always will continue to do so, it's going to be some of the best coverage in video games.
Speaker 9: And another fun bonus, Game Informer donates five percent of every subscription purchase directly to Saint Jude Children's Research Hospital.
Speaker 3: You know, earlier this year, the future seemed very uncertain for both Game Informer and Giant Bomb. That's putting it mildly, and as someone whose life in gaming hobby has been greatly impacted by both of those outlets, I am thrilled that we are both back and doing our thing online, in your podcast, apps and in print in your hand. That is right, gaming news, reviews, everything in between sent straight to your mailbox every month. To subscribe, go to Game Informer dot com slash subscribe now magazines.
Speaker 1: All right, Greb, we both said some things during that fight that we can never take back, especially the many hateful, hateful things he said about Craig Stadlers left the company.
Speaker 3: He was so bad. I'll go I'll go in in club of Walbrust right now.
Speaker 1: And yeah, geez, I know. We talked about how funny escalation is during the break. No, no, everything's great. U Backlar is tied up for a moment that so we're gonna just get going on the news. We wait for him. There you go, there it is, there's that music.
Speaker 2: Yeah, news, I'm gonna do the news.
Speaker 3: Let's get into it here.
Speaker 2: A big story from the last day or two is a massive Pokemon leak hack.
Speaker 3: Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of information being thrown out on the internet and from a lot of accounts that have done Pokemon leaks before, so maybe they all got a hold of the same hack.
Speaker 3: Again. The sort of origination point of this is a little questionable, but.
Speaker 2: Some information is getting out there. Recently suggest a major breach at game Freak, revealing details about the next few years of Pokemon games, including the tenth generation mainline titles, which will be Pokemon Wind and Wave. I think, I guess it could be wind in Waves. I've seen it both ways. Set for release in twenty twenty six, these games are rumored to feature procedurally generated islands based on Indonesia and Southeast Asia, a survival game focus, and a new Seed Pokemon or new Seed Pokemon not a news that there could be multiple and.
Speaker 3: That's seed as an seed. Not sure exactly what to make of that.
Speaker 2: The leak's also outline potential rivals and edemy organizations, with the antagonist reportedly involved in land development. Fun Reasons to believe the leak's credibility include the extensive volume and quality of the materials, proposal documents, concept art, beta footage of Pokemon Legends ZA, and the granular, uncurated nature of the content graphs and excel sheets. Furthermore, the leak accounts disseminating this information have a proven track record. That's what I was saying before, A bunch of accounts here that have done this sort of thing for a while. This current leak may be related to a twenty twenty four Tara leak that prompted a Nintendo subpoena. So people taking chances out there sharing this stuff and Nintendo might go after them or say, hey.
Speaker 1: How did you get this? However, skepticism is warranted.
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Actually, you know, the thing is people could be throwing in a plenty of made up stuff alongside these things, So yeah, definitely take some of it with a grain of salt. But they apparently some of these leaks, some people are saying it goes all the way to Gen eleven the plans for that game.
Speaker 3: We'll kind of hold off into some of this stuff is a little bit more verified, but.
Speaker 1: For now, Yeah, Gen ten procedurally generated islands in Southeast Asia sounds interesting enough to me, Mike, what do you think I suppose? I mean, procedural generation makes sense for some things. I don't quite understand it. In a Pokemon it seems like you kind of craft an overworld and towns in dungeons the very specific ways there, and even.
Speaker 5: Like alright, alright, alright, sounds like you guys need a Pokemon expert.
Speaker 3: Us here. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so a lot of this sounds like extension of what they've already been doing with the series. You can tell Mike hasn't played Garland Violet because who boy, you could have sworn that world was procedurally generated that way, and so I think a lot of this lines up with what they've been doing, especially combining stuff like Archias into the mainline games, because some people heard Survival and were like, Lol, they're going after Powell World. No Archeus was a survival game, Like, they've already done stuff like this. This just seeds seems like them revisiting some of those concepts folding them into the mainline. And then a lot of this does line up with stuff we heard from the Tarot leak. As mentioned, this sort of island adventure was also rumored as a result of that, so a lot of the information does seem credible. I haven't looked into this extensively because I've also heard that there's just like a lot of ZA stuff that was leaking out as well, and there is that you know, that game's out this week. I just want to play that game. I don't want to see stuff early. It's kind of like the Insomniac leak, you know, there was terrible things that happened with that, and also footage a wolverine that was definitely not meant to be seen, and so that's kind of how I'm feeling about this one. If it's in the news, I'll you know, look into it and we can talk about it and everything like that. But otherwise I kind of don't want to know everything that's happening over there. You know.
Speaker 3: Is there much in here about Black and White Remakes?
Speaker 5: Nothing as far as I know, because I feel like it will hurt me. Yeah, And that's also like where it first tipped us all off that like, oh, black and White Remix probably is not happening because it wasn't in the taro leak from what last.
Speaker 3: Week entirely, which this might be an extension of, is what people are thinking.
Speaker 1: I've seen some budgets floating around maybe as a part of that.
Speaker 3: What are those are real?
Speaker 1: Because it's like, oh, wow, all these games cost like twenty million dollars or less?
Speaker 3: Are you kidding? Oh yeah, that is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: We're cheating out like labor is cheaper in Japan. But boy, that's a very small number compared to any other major video game that is. It's it kind of again. It makes the initial performance and just graphics of Scarleton Violet even more insult that they rush these games out with barely a budget.
Speaker 1: And they're like the biggest games, like, why not give it a little bit more?
Speaker 3: But Mike, you know, they don't have.
Speaker 1: To cost Spider Man two levels of budget, but my god, thirteen million dollars for Za.
Speaker 5: I think hopefully that puts into perspective why these games are like this, because, you know, some there's always corners of the Internet where these games come out looking like Scarlett and Violet performing the way they do on Switch one, and people are like lazy devs ha ha ha. No, it's really is like some fuco in the company is like, we need to hoard all the money, and so we can't have a Pokemon that, you know, despite the fact that it's going to sell thirty million copies, we can't pour you know, more money into it. We can't make game Freak bigger. As far as I know, it's still only around like a two hundred employees total total. For whatever reason, they think that they just need to keep building up the coffers, I guess, and it's very very bizarre. And yeah, hopefully scarletand Violet taught them a lesson that, like we it's clearly taking them more time to put out these new games. They're they're like, which will cost more money, Which will cost more money? Yeah, necessarily exactly, and hopefully they do just like, you know, strengthen the budget and have more contractors and stuff, because like something is going just wild there with management.
Speaker 1: The if you embargo for Za did happen?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was, I was going that up eighty two on Open Critic Let's see three out of five from Eurogamer Illumino City could do with the work, with work, excuse me, but Pokemon Legends ZA is a much more tightly focused and delightfully goofy returned to better form, at least by modern Pokemon standards. Four out of five from games Radar. That dream sold to us by the Pokemon anime. It's right here, clear that clearer than it's ever been.
Speaker 3: Let's see what else. Let's give it another one.
Speaker 2: Ten out of ten from the sixth Axis, who says, unlike the most recent Pokemon Scarlett and Violet, Za is a game that really holds your attention. The spiritual successor to Legends Archaius, It's learned from the mistakes of the distant past and beautifully shows what city life is like in the Pokemon universe. I could see myself playing this for another one hundred hours as I finished my Poke Decks, Shiny Hunt and generally have a good, a great time. This is easily the best Pokemon game on the market. And then let's see seven out of ten from Nintendo Life's Alana Haigs, who says ZA should be celebrated for its fabulous real time and it's largely smooth jumped to the switch to but in condensing things down to one single location, it loses part of the Pokemon magic that Archaeus and many other entries managed to amplify. I'll forever find filling up my Pokedex fun and for the switch to generation. This is a good starting point for the franchise, but if the Legend series is to continue, it needs to recapture its personality and fuse that real time system with a bit more freedom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these reviews are pretty in line with what Archias got actually, so yeah, right around there.
Speaker 5: I'm excited to see that. Over at VGC, Joring gave it five off five stars because I know that.
Speaker 3: He's a Pokemon freak.
Speaker 5: Well, his opinion definitely aligns with mine on how we feel about these games. Of like, yeah, you know when the games look bad. Well, we'll say that when they run bed, we'll say that. But like, how how's the gameplay? Like, as a Pokemon fan, how does it feel to play? And it's got me hype that he's hype And a lot of these other reviews are glowing as well, which you know, people really liked Archists as well, so I.
Speaker 3: Like the Arcus a lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it's a sign that people like the Pokemon formula being mixed up and not just being babies first RPG. And it's a sign that maybe, you know, everything we heard about this leak, maybe they are looking at the games differently now and trying to do something different. Because Scarland Violet kind of was different with the open world and stuff. But I would like to see them pull more of like a Sun and Moon, where Sun and Moon radically overhauled the way those games played. It did not have the gym structure, you were island hopping. It was story driven, and you know that was divisive, but it was a mainline Pokemon game that was felt fresh, and so I'm hoping that's that's what the future of the series is as well.
Speaker 2: All right, let's keep going here. Following the cancelation of its live service God of War, Sony's Bluepoint is hiring for a third person action game Bluepoint Games. Following the cancelation of that God of War title, the spinoff is now hiring for a new third person action game. Sony confirmed in January that it had canceled live service games from both Bluepoint and Ben's studio. With Bluepoints canceled project believed to be that God of War spin off, blue Point, known for remaking and remastering PlayStation games like Demon Souls and Shadows of the Shadows of the Cossus, will be returning to its roots with a new third person melee action experience. This new project will mark Bluepoint's first original title since Blast Factor in two thousand and six. WOW Sony has stated that both studios remain valued members.
Speaker 3: Of PlayStation studios and are working.
Speaker 2: With them to determine their next projects. Yeah, okay, it still sounds like a new game from them instead of a remake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Blast Factor was like an early PSN game. I remember. That's only what I can think of that like wasn't a remake or remaster, but like they have established themselves as like one of the better as far as its like a straightforward, you know, remaster. I think they've done a great job with that, or you know, like Demon Souls was a full remake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've They've done a lot of like full remix, Like Shadow of the Classes was a full remake.
Speaker 3: Oh, I like that Shadow Remax. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess so. But this isn't this is going to be a brand new game. It sounds like right, it's like I suppose.
Speaker 2: Like you know, they're hiring for a third person action game. Maybe it's maybe it's it's still a remake. If it is, I know some people are already speculating once again that it's blood Born.
Speaker 3: It's not Bloodborne. I mean what I mean.
Speaker 1: I feel like the obvious thing here is they were working on God of War as well, Let's just remake God of War one then instead of that. I definitely heard that there is some interest inside of Sonia in doing that.
Speaker 3: Whether or not it's moved ahead at all, I don't. I don't know, and I.
Speaker 2: Would probably speculate that's probably still hasn't happened yet. But if it has, maybe this is it and it's years and years and years away.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Is there a chance they're making like a new game, but but in an established franchise like God of War or something like that, Like I mean, rather kind of spin off metal.
Speaker 1: God of War seems like it's just already so busy with that Mystania game we're all expecting, and then you know, a new game almost certainly in the works obviously. Yes, yeah, so I just don't know, like we need Bluepoint making even like you know, doing the remake is one thing, but new game from them also, Like do you just like, like, is it like another God of War sension, Like here's another story from his brief times we forgot to talk about. I don't know how much interest there is grub.
Speaker 3: Have your kids played or did they talk about Jumping Flash? Yeah? Pretty much constantly? Okay, so it could be that to kind of capitalize on that.
Speaker 1: Of course, the youth are Jumping Flash Flambor, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: Lamber is the word.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I hope. So Jumping Flash would that be three?
Speaker 3: They did two?
Speaker 1: There is a third one that was Japan only that wasn't really called Jumping Flash three. Also not really a third person or really I guess it's an action game.
Speaker 3: It's more of a shooter. I don't think I hate to say it.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's jumping Flash. It's probably you're probably yeah, I don't know. It just seems like Blue Point has been fumbled whatever. Like you know, they say started off so strong with that Demonsul's remake. It should have been a really big part of the PS five and instead they kind of had to waste all this time on a God of War life service title that went no. So I hope that this thing gets seen through and kind of puts them back as a deally concern parentheses positive.
Speaker 2: It's a it's actould Point, it's also melee. I think it's melee focused and not sure focused. If that, you know, narrows it down for you at all, I think it might just still be God of War and Got of War remake would be would be cool.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Lego Party and Digital Eclipses Tetris Time Warp will soon be available to stream on Netflix. This is part of like recently there was some like, oh, Netflix is going to be doing less of you know, big games or other stuff. We're gonna kind of do more family focused stuff and and and party game focused stuff and stuff where you don't even need a controller, you just choose your phone. Sounds like this is the angle they're going, and I gotta say hearing this, it's.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, you know what, that's a pretty good fit.
Speaker 3: Like Lego Party.
Speaker 2: If people could just like start playing that on their TV through Netflix like right away, Like I I could see that really working.
Speaker 3: The thing is like a lot of those mini games are you know, like oh, you know, tracing a line pretty specific with an analog stick and everything.
Speaker 1: So I think you're gonna have to connect a controller, I guess, yeah.
Speaker 3: But still that's like if that works. If it works, well, that's really fucking smart because anna think about I told the story about my very I wouldn't call them casual gamers family that were like Lego Party kicks ass the other weekend, like they're single issue gamers, right yeah, And if everyone's got Netflix, like that's that's pretty smart. And then you can still play cross play with people on console, like that's if that works. That sounds cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I uh, I see they've they've all they've done stuff like you know, the Oxen Free sequel.
Speaker 3: I guess they're gonna keep doing stuff with that studio. Let's see here, but.
Speaker 2: They're also going to bring in Bogle Party and Pictionary game Night and party crashers full your friends.
Speaker 3: So these are the kinds of game they're going to do party games based. Then I thinks now Bogle party and Pictionary game Night and party Crashers, I don't know, but if they do, we should maybe play some of them. Bombiton Yeah, okay, fantastic. I love Bogle. I'm not great a boggle, but I love Boggle all right.
Speaker 1: Nintendo says, it's close to you. Pickman videos were Nintendo Pictures short films rather than a game or a movie teaser, So we talked about a bunch in a bunch of places. But now it's like, okay, we finally got it all wrapped up here. They introduced a video short that had a baby going around room chasing things that were floating. Then the next day released another version that short that showed that really it was Pickman doing that all along, as suggested by the piman in the background that was a blurry and the Pickman musical stingers that were in there.
Speaker 2: And then everyone's still like, well what is this for? And then Nintendo's like, hey, this is about Nintendo Pictures. Doing new Nintendo shorts and that's all it's about.
Speaker 3: And I'm I'm completely fine with that.
Speaker 2: I think that's that's a fun thing, even though it's not as exciting as some of these other possibilities.
Speaker 3: I guess my question was like, to what end? You know, it's just gonna expensive YouTube videos, you know, Yeah, it's it's training.
Speaker 1: Basically, like before Pixar made a toy story, they made shorts and commercials for years, right, this is basically it's like, well, can we do this? And you know, you could look at it and they're clearly following like a Pixar DreamWorks Illumination kind of style in these things. Nintendo has to partner with people like Universe and Sony to make movies they just do. They would much rather be doing this stuff themselves, and they know they don't have the infrastructure to do that today, but this is part of them turning those wheels and getting things going so that someday they can just make the Pickman movie or you know, a Mario movie or what have you. They would rather be doing this stuff all internally and not have to work with so many partners. Yeah, and their their videos are very successful, very popular, this one has ten plus million views. I think quite a bit more than that just on the YouTube version, but it's also on look on social media, it's probably coaster like twenty million, if not more. And those old, those old Pickman shorts.
Speaker 2: From a long time ago, the ones that Miamoto basically directed, were very, very popular. They eventually put those up on YouTube, but you originally can only get him on the three DS and the WEU, so they put them up later, like way after the fact, and even then they like racked up millions and millions of views. I think they're like, this is a completely fine use of these resources for now, with obviously the point being, as Mike said, to train them up to do full Maybe I bet they don't do a movie anytime soon, but I could see them doing like a show, like a like a ten episode twenty four mile maybe like twelve minute animated episodes or something like that.
Speaker 3: I wanted to just be like a nineties like make it like Married to the Children, but with Pickman, Okay, yeah, they laugh like a laugh track and every laugh track live studio. Well, I guess can't really do that with Pickman, but you know, like the style and live Studio audio. Yeah yeah, okay, yeah, wait work at a shoe store, Captain Olimar. Sure, yeah yeah. Alamar has always got his hand down the front of his pants in the front.
Speaker 1: Attractive life that he resents.
Speaker 3: Yeah, huh married with Pickman right there it is? Yeah yeah yeah. Uh.
Speaker 1: The City at Dulam Final Fantasy is a mobile three v three battle game which brings Final Fantasy characters into modern Tokyo for god knows what reason.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Square Knox has announced The City at Dulam Final Fantasy, a mobile spinoff set in modern day Tokyo, scheduled for release in twenty twenty six. The iOS and android game is described as a three v three team boss battle arena where players use powerful abilities to defeat a boss faster.
Speaker 3: Than the enemy team.
Speaker 2: So you are you probably assemble your team and race to beat the boss again.
Speaker 3: It sounds like.
Speaker 1: A clash of Clans sort of thing.
Speaker 5: Is this an excellent primal grub?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't think like you're I bet you just like throw the characters out there and then they mostly auto battle.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Like, there's one section here where it looks like somebody is doing third person shooting.
Speaker 3: All of a sudden. I don't know why it is. I can tell you this.
Speaker 1: It's not a fighting game, right, Like that's the problem.
Speaker 3: I won't think that's what the city it should be.
Speaker 5: Also also high, I'm back while backlowers away. Why the hell won't they just make a final fantasy fighting game. Why are they so averse kind of going back to where like the city started? Guys, god bless the ring, damn it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody likes the City of One and whatever the sequel is calling them PSB. Then they made that bad one based off the Arcade game that was three on three and kind of garish and ugly and too complicated, and now it's now it's this. It's just it's it's very pretty mobile slop, but it still looks like mobile slop even the whole Like, oh, they're in modern Tokyo thing, Like why so that we can put them in modern costumes as well, so we can sell those and you can also sell their original costumes. Also, pet Peeve, i'd stop stop showing Terror with blonde hair. It was still good when the Magic the Gathering Cars just had her with the green hair. It's just better that way. I don't know, it's just another mobile thing here. There's like at least they're doing some inches seeing characters like the Foul Fantasy fourteen representatives, actually Gaya, which is a kind of supporting character from one of the Raids series in that game. And you know, there's some other choices here that are a little bit more interesting than the standard ones. But I'm sure they're gonna throw all sorts of characters at this thing. The sperretix is always just throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks. With mobiles, I don't even know if they're sticking around to see what sticks.
Speaker 3: I think they're just throwing at the wall.
Speaker 5: They do have wild swings though, because sometimes they do have good mobile games, Like I know people really liked record Keeper back in the day.
Speaker 3: I think that just a couple of years a lot of people did play Brave Vex.
Speaker 5: I like Braves. I thought that was actually like really good because cow was just a turn based Final Fantasy sixteen bit RPG on your phone. It was pretty sick. Yeah, I don't know they take wild swings there.
Speaker 2: Uh, there's gonna be a closed beta for this thing on November seventh through the fourteenth for players in Japan. The United States in Canada, with applications available.
Speaker 3: On the game's official website.
Speaker 2: So I got I guess rush, run, don't don't walk to go get into the city of Dulham. Final Fantasy's open or close? Bait, I should say, Jeck Backler, what do you think of the city of Dulham? Final Fantasy A mobile My three Battle game takes place in monn Tokyo.
Speaker 1: It's way better.
Speaker 4: The first time I ate it, it was they've fallen off though, because I don't know, maybe they got like a new sous chef. I'm not sure, but it's different. It's hard.
Speaker 1: I get it. Star I agree absolutely. I heard that the Somalia is like getting a divorce and he's just not in the game anymore.
Speaker 3: Oh no, well maybe life Maharty instead. There you go.
Speaker 1: Everyone's going through something, you know.
Speaker 2: Avatar Legends the Fighting Game was canceled last year, and I kind of just put this in here because for jan because now they're bringing it back with a debut game trailer and a new developer whose entire existence it is about giving games a second life. Avatar Legends the Fighting Game is a two D fighting game based on Avatar. The list Airbender twelve twelve playable characters at launch, a single player campaign, and cross play. The game is being developed and published by Gameplay Group International, which just is a name a new studio that acquires and reimagines commercially unrealized games. Avatar Legends. The fighting game was previously in development at Maximum Entertainment, publisher of them's Fighting Herds and Diesel Legacy the Brazen Age, So there's some There was some cachet behind that, but was canceled last year and now Gameplay Group International is going to bring it back. It's coming out some summer twenty twenty six on PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo, switch To and PC. Is this where the fighting game, the fighting game scene is at, where it can support even fighting games like this, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, dog, Like there's a scene for everything nowadays. It's really cool. In the age of rollback net code and cross playing everything, a game can have a small audience on any given platform, but if you add like, oh, well, you know, it's got like a thousand players here, a thousand players there that may that you know, dwindles, and we only get like a couple hundred on each platform. You can still get a good matchmaking pool of players on every platform, as long as you get strong initial sales, your's set, and something like Avatar in each This is exactly what we were talking about with Final Fantasy, where the Avatar is coming out with a traditional two D one on one fighting game. It looks like it's gonna have assists in some ways, maybe like Mortal Kombat one. It looks like it's gonna be very like fan service, not not in that way, but in the good way to people who love this series, like jan and as a fighting game fan. I didn't get super into Avatar back in the day, didn't have cable, you know all that. But I look at this game and I'm like, this looks sick, and yeah, I definitely think it has a place, maybe not necessarily on the EVO main stage, but you know, at least with people playing online and stuff, right yeah.
Speaker 1: Like looking at Hi, I'm like, man, I wish they would do this for a franchise I care about, and avatars you know, by all accounts very good. I just haven't been able to watch me like this and Invincible what even the Marveltoe con like, these all look like good games about franchises I'm just not super hot on at the moment. Where's my Star Trek D Space nine one v one Fighting game?
Speaker 3: Or Yeah? What else? Do I like? Fighting Game?
Speaker 1: The seventeen seventy six musical, Oh fighting game? Yeah, I mean figment versus h a truck Disney at all. He's had too many hit.
Speaker 3: The beer guarded in Germany.
Speaker 1: Oh no, he's climbing the pyramid in Mexico. He's not allowed to do that.
Speaker 2: I would like to see a Founding Father's fighting game though, Yeah, just Benjamin Franklin versus John Adams and Thomas Jefferson.
Speaker 3: He had what Abe Lincoln was in the Fight Club game with Fred Yeah? Yeah, though the Jared Leto in the in the Fight Club game there is, I'm a character from the Fight Club.
Speaker 1: Yeah, game wouldn't be terrible. Still, he's kind of barely you like, I don't think you could really pick Jared let aloud.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they put Abraham Lincoln in there, who was?
Speaker 4: But because no, But that's because first of all, he has a huge part in that tits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's the man boobs please. Also, uh yes, and is Gandhi in it? Because they basically the Abraham Lincoln in the is because he's like, which historical figure would you want to fight?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Look, I'm not the fights where.
Speaker 3: I just know that I know that line.
Speaker 1: I know that's probably where they got it from.
Speaker 3: Right, definitely, I have the the roster for the fighting game, and yeah, meat Loaf is in it. Helena Bottom Carter is selectable. Which that must be the only game that you can be Helena Bottom Carter in. There's not a Harry Potter fighting game. Oh yeah, strange, m Yeah, they got everyone. All the stars are here. Uh all right, well wait, sweet Gandhi was in it? Or was not in it? Gandhi's not in the fight Club game?
Speaker 1: Okay, Clown High Fighting game. Yeah we'll get mad again. Yeah, first right of Clone Hi was so good. Yeah, you get it. That was so funny back in the day. I'll bring I'll bring the beards, right Bechler, Right, Mikey Yeah, alright. Moving on with the news, the next Xbox should be stronger than PS six, but more expensive.
Speaker 2: Reports claim as a reminder, Microsoft still under a BDS call for boycott for its involvement in Israel and Gaza.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: Both the PlayStation six and the next Xbox com SOS are reportedly targeting a twenty twenty seven release. Insider Kepler L two claims Sony plans a twenty twenty seven release for the PS six. Separately, hardware insider Mores Law is Dead posted a video discussing the AMD Magnus APU, which he believes will be part of Microsoft's next gen Xbox and is also planned for a twenty twenty seven launch. Or My life in Daming is what I was about to say. Moore's Law is Dead suggests the new Xbox might be a console PC hybrid, potentially stronger and more expensive than the PS six, aiming to challenge the PC gaming market.
Speaker 3: Let's see.
Speaker 2: He also claimed previously claimed that Sony is planning at PS six handheld with Nintendo Switch like docking abilities.
Speaker 3: We'll see. All this stuff does.
Speaker 2: Seem like it's probably still a little bit in motion. Obviously, they're going to have to start solidifying these things now, maybe actually before now. But the idea here would be that they would start manufacturing these things in early twenty twenty seven for a late twenty twenty seven launch, which would be you know, a seven year kind of six, seven year six, So yeah, that I don't know like a normal generation and then we're gonna get onto the next one.
Speaker 1: But this generation hasn't felt normal in any other way, so still a little odd.
Speaker 4: But the details are every generation, they are increasingly of less relevance. Yeah, what kind of Also, when I first read this, the Xbox should be stronger than We're just not sure if it's got it in it.
Speaker 3: Seasons have Daming. That's my favorite Judy Dench podcast.
Speaker 1: Okay, you said my life and Daming and it made me think of a freaking Dalton Abbey. I want to know, would it be funny if I a person who never saw any Dalton abby anything, only went to that last movie that's about to come out now that's the big finale, and like gave a very in depth review. I've watched it because I love Downton Abbey. I don't know, I don't think it would be very funny.
Speaker 3: Actually, it came out last month. There's plenty of your things you could do with your time.
Speaker 2: I think if you did that, you would be like, I need to actually do see what's gonna happen here? And I think you would get very into down Abbey.
Speaker 3: I just genually like it. It's interesting.
Speaker 4: M pey mp Matt may you and Chad says, just watch Gosford Park. No, Gosford Park. Gosford Park was I have a weird connection to that movie because I was interning from Bob Ballaban when he was producing Gosford Park, which is this Downton Abbey pre predecessor.
Speaker 1: And I'm like strangely.
Speaker 4: Familiar with that movie in a way that anyone's like, what you backal, Are you know a lot about Gospford Park?
Speaker 3: Do your gosshead gossip?
Speaker 1: I'm gost coded, Yes, it's true, I'm goss coded.
Speaker 3: Yeah. He turned with Bob Ballaban.
Speaker 1: Yeah for three summers.
Speaker 3: Yep. Do you know well?
Speaker 1: I know him pretty well?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Could you text him right now? I'm not asking you do, but could I get text him?
Speaker 3: He probably right back?
Speaker 1: Who the fuck is this?
Speaker 3: Can you get Bob Ballaban on the dump truck?
Speaker 1: Maybe it's not, there's a non zero chance. I mean you know, I got his phone number. I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's crazy? Who is that? You would know him if you saw his fast with the character actor for a long time he was in some.
Speaker 1: Executive Yeah, he's out there.
Speaker 4: Who Got in Love? Who fell in Love with a Lane? Right in the NBA, and he's showing up in a lot of Wes.
Speaker 3: Anderson character actor in a million things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the only way forward for Xbox Baby, if they have one, is.
Speaker 3: They can't Bob.
Speaker 1: People saying I've had strange instances in my life where like he's come back around. Were like also knew like Richard Drivers' kids for a while, and like what, Yeah, it's a who story.
Speaker 3: Mister Hollands kids.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, exactly, and then obviously like they know him because they were in with the alien movie called Close Encounters.
Speaker 3: Yeah movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you see Bob Ballaban.
Speaker 3: Who is that? He's the He's the pile of potato. This is important, u h, chef.
Speaker 1: I'll talk about that. Get weird owl reference in this conference.
Speaker 3: No way, Mike, you just said second word owl reference. You're doing that is scary in the dark or whatever that was. I wasn't doing. Yeah, I wasn't doing.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was taking MacArthur Park about So you're filling pages and pages of wiki lore right now, the original I'm normal. All the sweet cream frosting, rolling down cream frosting. That's what Carthur Park.
Speaker 3: He's trying to do. Yeah, the yeah, to cake out in the rain.
Speaker 1: Microsoft denies claims that Target and Walmart stars are removing Xbox products from shelves. Uh.
Speaker 2: This this popped off over the weekend and then someone asked Xbox and the like, they're not doing that. But everyone's like, well, we believed it because it just like that just sounds right now. Everybody immediately believed in. Yeah, but you know they didn't say they did not say this for Costco, which did take this stuff down, did take Xbox products off shelves and off their website.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I don't know that they do.
Speaker 2: They when all this stuff was happening, they're like, hey, and we're gonna keep making hardware as well.
Speaker 3: Just look at this thing where we said we're working with AMD and we're making new hardware.
Speaker 2: So they do seem dedicated, but dedicated for now. And also like it's just so easy to dismiss anything they say officially because he has and will change. So Okay, maybe Target Walmart still has it for now, but I don't blame anyone for being like skeptical about the future of Xbox.
Speaker 3: That'll be a.
Speaker 1: Real bad sign if Walmart stops selling Xboxes.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, definitely and yeah again, like where this originated from.
Speaker 1: Let's see, yeah, they I think Deston.
Speaker 2: Was like kind of out here trying to find because he's the one that said something about Costco and was trying to find out exactly what's happened there, and then Windows Central came out and countered the story.
Speaker 1: Man, all right, that does it for the news though. Let's wrap things up and hand the show back over to Mike Manani. All right, thank you so much, Jeff. We'll take one more bricky break.
Speaker 3: We'll come back.
Speaker 1: We've got some emails, We've got some super chats. We'll hit all that's right after this.
Speaker 3: Emails.
Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, you can write into the BombCast at Bombcasts at giant bomb dot com. We're always happy to hear from all of you. It's like we are happy to hear from Mike from Loveland. He says, Hello, great bombs. What is one game from the first half of this year you haven't touched yet, but you swear to God you're gonna play before the end of the year. Time is running out. Love the show, Love you all. Mike from Lovelin Man at least.
Speaker 3: For dot com Slash twenty give me some Yeah, yeah, I feel like the first half of the other is not that much.
Speaker 1: Like for a while, I was like, I'd have to finish Avowed, and now I'm like, I don't know if I really need to find I.
Speaker 3: Thought it'll probably be in my top ten. I liked it, and.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe let's sqeeze in my top ten if I finished it. I don't feel some giant pool. Even Doom the Arcages, which I liked and kind of dropped half way through, I'm kind of like, I mean, I liked it, I don't think I need to go back.
Speaker 3: It's not gonna be my top ten. Like I got probably three quarters the way through Doom and fell off, but I don't think I don't feel the need to go back to that. I do feel like I've just kind of been playing all the big stuff this year. I I'm looking at the list and like.
Speaker 2: The one I see everyone going back to that, I was curious if anyone here will go back to, which I don't think they will.
Speaker 1: Is Kingdom Come Deliverance too?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: We are going to skip on that probably like there's there's Honestly, I'm worried about the stuff that's happening, like now or it is about to happen, Like yeah, like Ninja Guide and Ghost of Yote haven't been able to touch that yet. It's not Pokemon. It's just like Touch tactics. So yeah, I'm like, I'm more gonna start about this last quarter than anything else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm pretty up to date outside of that.
Speaker 1: Though, I never no No you exist.
Speaker 3: I never never touched South of Midnight m super hot on Like. I don't think anyone who's like, oh, this is a train recker, it's terrible. I think it was just like it was great in trailers and then it came out and nobody seemed super hot on it.
Speaker 2: I think I think it was just like a very old school style of games. Sure yeah, and it wasn't like a fantastic one of those.
Speaker 3: But I think a lot of people liked it.
Speaker 4: I would also like to give blueprints, and honest to god, go I played a good amount of it, but I would I think I just want to like, get back in there.
Speaker 1: Still gonna be high on mine. I liked that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, it's definitely high on mine. The OTC Hero I just had it and then I lost it.
Speaker 3: Oh yes.
Speaker 2: Split fiction is when I guess I did touch it, but I'm not really played it all.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's top ten, but it is. It's very good. It's probably the best one of those.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's definitely gonna be I mean, barring something catastrophic. I don't see how that doesn't make it there. It's funny. I recommended split fiction to another kids add on Dibb's hockey team, and he comes back the next day and he's like.
Speaker 1: Bro, He's like, I didn't know games were doing that.
Speaker 3: I I didn't know.
Speaker 4: We we got we got this far and we're like doing all this. I'm like, it's pretty good, right. He's like, like, I'm gonna trust you on games now. I still never told him what I do. I'm like, yeah, don't worry about it. But first one's free, next one's gonna cost you.
Speaker 1: I didn't need to at least try deaf straining to at some point I have not touched that.
Speaker 3: The thing that's gonna happen, though, is like, if you're not gonna like play it, play it. It's not a game that you play for like two hours. The sense of it, you know, it's like it's a much longer process than that. Saying I shouldn't bother. I'm saying, go all the way in or don't at all.
Speaker 1: I would say, all right, we'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 3: I mean, you don't think I did two hours.
Speaker 1: Will get some sense of like, Okay, I get this and I want more of it, or I will be like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like there's just so many tools and things that you get in and the narrative and everything that, like, I feel like you play two hours of it, you're barely gonna scratch any of that. You know. I didn't try Pipistrella.
Speaker 1: Oh that was fun.
Speaker 3: It's a good one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, Travis says, Hi, ghosts and goblins one. Do you have absolute certainly remember the last time you ate a bacon cheese blug?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Wendy's.
Speaker 1: I had a bacon junior bacon cheeseburger from Wendy's.
Speaker 2: Okay, exactly, let's see here. I could probably figure it out. It was like last maybe it was last Friday. Yeah, because I got Wendy's for the kids, and that's what I got. It's got to be bacon, yeah, Junior, it's got to be a bacon cheeseburger.
Speaker 1: I could have gotten one, yes, because I went the five guys and I was like, I'll just get a regular cheeseburger.
Speaker 3: I'm glad I did.
Speaker 1: I don't mean to do like the whole Can you believe what blank plink plink costs?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: But if five guys getting a cheeseburger fries in a soda was twenty bucks, and I'm like, what the hell you know?
Speaker 3: It's a lot. Yeah, it's a lot. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think the last bacon cheeseburger I had was also a Wendy's situation at the beginning of the summer.
Speaker 3: I think in August I had There's place called Lions Tap, and I think I had a bacon cheeseburger there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had went there's a place in here called Coaches. I think I had one there. Uh yeah, We're.
Speaker 3: Gonna skip the rest of the questions. Just go with those last one here.
Speaker 1: What was I wanted to talk about?
Speaker 3: The second one?
Speaker 1: All right, Backglart was is that new Taylor Swift song any good? It says that new Taylor Swift. I guess the album the The Diary Downfall Book about a.
Speaker 3: Line dancer or whatever it's called.
Speaker 1: Right, I don't dislike Taylor Swift. This is not a good album. I've been hearing that. I've been hearing that this is even even the maybe some of the hardcourse with these not all of them. I'm sure some of them will be down for anything.
Speaker 3: But people.
Speaker 2: Someone explained to me that it's because she's aging now of being a pretty little white girl and all of her music is pretty little white girl music.
Speaker 1: So you know, I kind of push back on all those narratives.
Speaker 4: I think it's just like unfair to just be like, I mean, look, just crank out records in record time, right it is. I find that not like troubling. I just find that to be like a footnote that needs to be talked about because music is.
Speaker 1: Just putting out like one a year.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm always a little suspicious about stuff like that. Not that like to discredit the quality of the work. I'm just like, really, you're pumping out new music like once, Like I don't know, a lot of my favorite bands every four years. I'm lucky if I get a new record out of those guys. Anyway, I just I think lyrically, I think things are just not there. It's it's very it's very saccharine, it's very just sort of not challenging anything interesting. I just I just don't find it very interesting.
Speaker 3: How does the combat? The running rounds?
Speaker 4: Fine, the combats right, I'm just not like, oh, we're taken with like, wow, there's she's got a lot to say here.
Speaker 1: I think some of the lyrics are like actually kind of like remarkably stupid in place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was kind of like very surface level MEMI stuff I heard, And so I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't have an opinion, you know what, I will see the Borderlands four of music. Yes, three was more MEMI.
Speaker 4: So I think Tornado Drop actually has a really good review of it. I think it is very thoughtful.
Speaker 1: Uh and well written review. Go watch that, all right? Oh she's a showgirl, not a line dancer. All right, Travis sa Fargo. That's we'll leave it there for you and thank you so much, and then we'll go to Brandon from Alabama, says dear jan Is Marvel snap a rogue light chance not here, But I'm going to answer for him and say no, of course, no, No, it's a card it's a card game. It's a card game, man, and you click things and you get you spend your deck over time.
Speaker 3: I see how you got there.
Speaker 1: But but but no, Valerie from Denver, so hype bombers between you chuckleheads and vgb's. My brain has become so fucking infected with the my wife thing. I just said it reflectively out loud on a pack bus. But listen to the podcast. I hope you're fucking happy. I'm writing this in mortified silence to avoid having to look at anyone else, right, perfect email, Valerie, Yeah, perfect, fucking even.
Speaker 4: Look I'm with you, val if I may. I think there is something about what happens to your brain is you're like, everyone's in on this joke, right, this dumb Borat thing that went away twenty fucking years ago, it's back now, and you are all aware that it's back now. And I will say this in public spaces with the understanding that we have all agreed that it's cool to do this again, ironically as it were.
Speaker 1: No, it is not. Unfortunately, I apologize.
Speaker 3: On the Mount rushmore of like impressions that got overdone immediately. I think Borat impressions very much up there in like eight or whatever. And then Austin Powers some.
Speaker 1: Hours early nineties, Jim Carrey as.
Speaker 3: Sure just Jim Carrey. Yeah, yeah, just Jim Carrey, Christopher Walking.
Speaker 1: Everyone does one of those.
Speaker 3: There's like this is the whole dude chatter. Fine, no, yeah, but if we're going specific chatter, Chappelle, Rick James circa like early two thousand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was much more flash in the pan.
Speaker 3: I feel like that.
Speaker 1: Came, but it was every certain Yes, yes, at least he's not at least he has war free speech these days doing his finally yep, yeah, uh okay, then next one. Oh, by the way, anybody alis have an ant Valerie? Valerie is such an ant name to me is positive.
Speaker 3: Which is also very anti name. I've I have an aunt jam How yeah.
Speaker 1: Rebecca from Canterbury says your bomb giants, is there any piece of art and media that you have revisited following a big life event? Just growing older that's led to you having a newfound appreciation for set art and media. Plus my dad a few years ago and recently replayed Spiritfair.
Speaker 3: Fuck? Why did I do that? Anyway?
Speaker 1: Hope you are well, trans writes Rebecca from Canterbury. PS all the giant bombs who independent throw your hands up at me? There you go, There you go.
Speaker 2: It's the cliche thing, but Interstellar was different after having kids.
Speaker 3: Stupid, but it's true.
Speaker 2: Also, first man, I think I kind of like didn't really pay attention the first.
Speaker 1: Time I watched that, but then watched it. I think I had had kids the first.
Speaker 2: Time I watched it, but I was really feeling it the second time, and like that movie is just about like losing kids.
Speaker 3: I don't think I could ever watch it again. It was very affecting. I feel like like I've grown as a person in a lot of ways over the years. Thank you for the laughter. But if you think in broad strokes, I'm kinda just the same dude, I wasn't like nineteen ninety eight. Uh so, yeah, I don't really have any like you know, like it all kind of hits me the same now as it did back.
Speaker 1: Don't revisit things because you're hardly visiting.
Speaker 3: You're just like they are experiencing you. Do you know what I mean? Do you get one up like you're just you're specifically you're humanity.
Speaker 1: You very clearly you But.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I mean things like like Meddle your solid impacted me like crazy in ninety eight, and it does in the same way now it's not like, oh yeah, my clone dad came back at the graveyard and now I can think of this in a different way, you know, It's like it's still like that happens to the rest of it.
Speaker 4: If that's like the same emotional experience that the emailer is talking about, right, yeah.
Speaker 1: It's like a big wife if that would be like getting married or having to move.
Speaker 3: I mean there were things that after being married. There are things like I talked about that thing in Spider Man two, that little scene on the bench with the guy talking about losing his wife and he proposed her at that pond and stuff, and like that actually affected me because it very much mirrored like I proposed backing up, you know, but park on a bench and stuff like it just kind of like I empathize that, but like I've never gone back to something that I didn't previously have feelings about. And then I do you know, I mean that makes sense.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, you know a lot of these things for this is usually loss of a loved when they're having kids, right, So those are the big hYP of this here.
Speaker 4: I don't have an answer to this about going back to something, but what remains of Edith Finch is the game that made me ball in a way that I could not understand.
Speaker 3: Game made me madame.
Speaker 2: It made me so mad that leaving a baby in a tub and he died big surprise.
Speaker 3: Wow, Yeah, I gotta spoil that. Fuck that game. That's so stupid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, like they Yeah, I guess I was just sort of.
Speaker 3: Have empathy for these characters. Why would you do that? You're not wrong, man, you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, either way, I don't know. There's something about that thing.
Speaker 3: That's a pretty good game.
Speaker 2: Otherwise, I put on Spider Man one uh yesterday, and this is just a tangent you guys made me think of brought up Spider Man, and I was watching and the kids they're kind of paying attention, kind of playing Minecraft. But then the kissing scene comes on and Addie was just like locked in and I'm like, Oh.
Speaker 3: This is gonna be like a formative thing.
Speaker 2: She's gonna think this is what romance is, upside down kiss and yeah, and I like leaned.
Speaker 1: Over, like this won an m TV Movie Award for Best Kiss.
Speaker 3: It's a hot what house? What that award is?
Speaker 1: It's the only one I think I remember.
Speaker 4: Oh, there was one where like, I feel like there was one where like Adam Sandler and Kevin James were kissing.
Speaker 3: That sounds right, Yeah, the alley of that.
Speaker 2: I've watched a lot of Chuck and Larry through YouTube shorts in the last week or so.
Speaker 1: That keeps popping up and my sons, and that's fun.
Speaker 3: I prefer that. Yeah, it's the big one.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: The first time I saw Galaxy Quest was.
Speaker 1: Before I watched Star Trek, and then I start checking saw it and the the movie was funnier. There's a lot of people out there space balls before Star Wars.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean I saw Rocky five a bunch of times before I ever saw any other Rocky movie, and so I thought Rocky five was awesome. And then I saw the other ones and I went back and watched it and I was like, oh, this is definitely the bad one. So I got that counts and there you go.
Speaker 1: Jones from Saint Paul says, are you guys aware that Jimmy Fallon has also been on the New York Times Best Selling Authors list multiple times, also where each time it was for children's books?
Speaker 3: Are you also aware that these are.
Speaker 1: The most mid children's books that existed and The other reason they sold as well as they did is because they have the name Jimmy Fallon on them.
Speaker 3: I feel like that should hurt their sales.
Speaker 1: Call me when you have a Newberry, Cawdacott, Jimbo. Until then, stay in you're fucking way.
Speaker 3: Ps.
Speaker 1: Dan Starkey is closing his month to get out here. The Foulon stuff's not surprising. It's all marketing too. With that stuff. Every child agrees is the greatest work of literature ever know.
Speaker 3: And I'm sure he did the rounds on every NBC Morning Show and all that stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you get the n cap on, Barnes and Nobles, Jimmy Fallon. It was those Dad Dad books right there was like the book where like the sheep was saying dad and not Mama or something like that.
Speaker 1: Oh I don't look I have There are very nice people who have wrote children's books, but there's like.
Speaker 3: A lot of people who aren't.
Speaker 1: This is my job as writing children's books. Then write a children's book and it seems like, yeah, it worked.
Speaker 3: Can I try? Yeah? I bet you could. You could. You're a man.
Speaker 1: Most people could. You have no idea what children would like or watch? Extremely successful because of that thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's like so crazy. It's just my work kind of stuff. Because Alex Banyello wrote a children's book, Miller did take.
Speaker 3: Me out of page it like everyone's like, think about okay, well, okay, okay, yeah, let's let's work shop this.
Speaker 1: Well, I haven't I have one an idea.
Speaker 2: I want to hear your just quick, Jimmy fallon merchandise dot com is a sad sad Matt.
Speaker 1: Now we can continue to go to a giant bomb dot com instead. That's a happy place.
Speaker 3: What is the right age for children's books for like a six year old? Is that kind of like the prime time?
Speaker 4: Well, I think you're already yeah, to old age, any age.
Speaker 3: I mean you got to like, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: Like it's a bad question, a bad question, Dan, because there's children books for for every kind of That's the thing.
Speaker 3: I got to figure out what you choose one.
Speaker 4: You have to decide. You have to decide who am I writing this for? Okay, kids like smaller.
Speaker 3: To ten that is, you know, but there's that they're like, oh, they don't like doing chores or whatever.
Speaker 4: You know, it's like everything you don't have chores, Guys, maybe I think I'm out.
Speaker 1: I think I'm out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, no, we don't think of the way we're going to get there. What's the universal among children? They don't like doing chores?
Speaker 4: Right you you're every kid in your mind? Is Kevin mcallis there? I think that is.
Speaker 3: What it is, the universal thing across every age and culture everything, like I don't like doing chores.
Speaker 1: A four year old is not responsible for chores because that.
Speaker 3: Keeps four people in chat say that their four year olds have chores, real chores.
Speaker 1: Get out of here.
Speaker 3: What they after themselves? That that's not a chore, that's just cleaning up. I don't know. They're not taking out the trash. That's a This book is for eight to twelve year olds, and it's about chores. What it's an eight year old?
Speaker 1: Yeap?
Speaker 3: Okay to twelve year olds? All right, so this is for Dylan. You really think about doing chairs or chairs toores?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: He is? Okay. So this book is aimed at ten year olds. Uh, not just from New Jersey, from anywhere. It's universal. Wow. And the moral The moral is, hey, sometimes you have to do things you don't want to do, but you're you'll grow as a person and you're helping people, okay, And so that's the not the metaphor, what's the moral of the story is sometimes you have to do things you don't want to do, okay, Dan. By the time we're at so it's a caterpillar and he's no, go ahead. Sorry.
Speaker 1: At the time where ten kids should be reading like chapter books, no longer the books were.
Speaker 3: Told thought okay, then we're going for six year olds.
Speaker 1: Then yeah, maybe younger, maybe you should be thinking more about that's like three, like two to five range.
Speaker 3: Okay, And it's okay, two to five. And it's about it's never too early to start thinking about what you want to do for a living. That's the moral. That's fine, that's fine, right right, because you find your bridge about finding your passion early on and deciding early on to to go after it. And so it's like play it for capitalism. Yes, so maybe it's about Okay, it's about a caterpillar who he he lives on the lawn with his family and every day he looks up at the stars and thinks about the space, and so he loves showover. He's fascinated by space. He looks at the moon every night and He's like, oh, mom, caterpillar, I just what's up there? And she's like, well, maybe if you work hard enough you can find out. And so he goes to like caterpillar space camp and he like studies space stuff in school and winds up being the first like caterpillar astronaut.
Speaker 1: It becomes an accountant.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, no, no, he follow those dreams and he made it.
Speaker 1: Is this a world where like humans are also existing, but the caterpillars have their own space.
Speaker 3: There's like caterpillar versions of everything. So there's a caterpillar like governments and stuff, you know, got it? Yeah? And do you know what the story is of the very hungry caterpillar? I can picture I think the unique art style, didn't it segmented caterpillar in the front? No, what is the story?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 3: Basically just he just eats a lot. It's very high. Is it award of warning for overeating?
Speaker 1: Is that the moral a little bit?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: He gets he can get upset Tommy, but he turns into a butterfly.
Speaker 3: It's just kind of then, no, caterpillar, they already did that. They already did the caterpillar. So mine is about Yeah, mine's about a woodpecker. It's a family away. Oh I'm tired of eating this house every day. Oh mom, I'm bored of this. And so the woodpecker starts a little farm where it makes a bunch of like, you know, vegan snacks forever society now yeah. Yeah. So he's like, I'm tired of this thing that I'm eating every day. I'm gonna invent something better for us woodpeckers. And so he makes a little woodpecker and need in the market and fill it. Yeah yeah, And then he's gonna make a bunch of like healthy like a whole foods for for birds.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, I'd like to make a book about business, Dracula.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 1: More like Back of our Dan.
Speaker 3: Jesus, Yeah, I have.
Speaker 1: All the sharks are invested. And it took pulling teeth with you.
Speaker 3: I get it, all right.
Speaker 1: We got a few super chats here to get to too. From the first on Drace, it says mug week when mug Master Mitch must stop the hate. What if the hate is justified? Whoa that he can keep going? WHOA?
Speaker 3: Mugs are bad and they're.
Speaker 2: Prejudice hate, it's judas it's he has judged what has happened here, and it says this is this must be hated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there's like what what what?
Speaker 3: What is mug Week? I mean we play as a mug manned cup heead and then what we introduced. It's it's like an advent calendar. Every day we introduce a new mug to the store.
Speaker 2: My god, we have we raise money for charity by having you sit on a dunk tank, but we throw mugs at you instead.
Speaker 3: This sounds paidful. Cut me.
Speaker 1: That's all that mugs do is break great big frush storty seven says says Dan.
Speaker 3: Tried Warhammer forty K Speed Freaks. No, what is that? There's so many Warhammer forty K games. There are cool Warhammer things. Now I can acknowledge that we played that.
Speaker 2: I'm going to guess this is a a car combat game, like like Star Wars Demolition.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like Star Wars Demolition. Okay, good, I like that. It's like freak style from me a big.
Speaker 1: Because you can then you can trademark it.
Speaker 3: This looks good. It is a car combat game? What is this? All right?
Speaker 1: All right, let's uh, let's play this.
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't want to make this What the hell is it? Play online or with bots? Does that have like a co op campaign like Twisted Metal? I would go through that with you. I'm getting it now, this says online PvP.
Speaker 1: What the hell where does come from?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'll try it out.
Speaker 1: It weirds me out, actually that I haven't even heard of this game.
Speaker 3: It's from the.
Speaker 2: Change Element, which has done the Let's See Grip. Do you guys remember that?
Speaker 3: Like, yes, yeah, yeah, it has.
Speaker 1: Even though they're very positive, it does not have a lot of Steam reviews. So he's like, this really went under the radar even for Warhammer forty k.
Speaker 3: Yeah, two hundred and fifty reviews. Not a ton.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, a p idiot, Box says, sharing a picture to the Giant Bump discord of my Zoo's baby or ring itting wielding a knife that somebody threw it to the exhibit a few weeks ago. Yeah, you don't one of the exhibit monkeys or apes to get a weapon, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just give it. Just give them your camera instead. That's way better.
Speaker 1: Ah, but I'm sorry, do you think they're like excited about the knife? You think they very quickly become afraid of it.
Speaker 3: Holding it. They're excited.
Speaker 1: But if if any parton was able to understand ooh sharp thing, do you think they.
Speaker 3: Go scared it away? There? Now?
Speaker 1: This is how Plant of the Apes starts.
Speaker 3: Okay in two thousand and one in Space Odyssey exactly, I.
Speaker 1: Think they go weapon, thinking weapon. It depends on the eight but yes, for the most part, weapon apes together strong.
Speaker 3: I know that apes and knife very strong.
Speaker 1: Matthew Madison says for the Jan Coffee Fund, Thank you so much of Matthew, And then Kitty Catman ninety three says Mike golf At just arriving, got to say, as an individual for the huge ass had this hat is comfy as hell or shit? Sorry shit not how good great work Fellas.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Ca.
Speaker 1: I'm glad, I'm glad the merchants arriving and it's looking good and feeling good. Yeah, I haven't been here today.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 1: Usually like hats like that don't fit me very well, but this that fits great. I was very happy with it. So maybe we'll use that style of hat for some other design again in the future because it seemed seemed pretty comfortable.
Speaker 3: Cool, But there we go. That's it for the super Chats. As well phones.
Speaker 1: What do we have popping off this week now at Giant Bom Some things are getting moved around a little bit since we missed a good chunk of yesterday for the holiday. So if you missed Monday Mornings and Mysteries with Mitch, we're playing seventh Guests. We're actually doing that on Friday now. That's a twelve thirty Eastern so kind of in between Games Mornings and upf speaking of you, PSA believe our plan is to check out a bunch of the Steam Nextfest demos that are popping off right now. There's a Star Trek Voyager game. I want to play, everybody, I need it.
Speaker 3: The children's book is about a golf ball who he's sad because he's owned by a family of golfers and they're bad and they don't know how to golf well, and he wants to fly. He sees all trying to whack him. Yeah, he's jealous because he sees all of his friends and there's we there's flying three hundred yards in the area, you know, and he can't. He's just got these goobers. And so he like does the thing where he emancipates himself from his family and gets adopted by a better golfer family. Geez yeah, so child divorce. Yeah, you can do that. You know, you can do anything. You know what. You've got a bad situation and I love it. Thank yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: It's got a Pulitzers in your in your future here, thank you?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: J backour Uh.
Speaker 1: Do we have anyone fun we could talk about for voicemail dump truck this week and anything we can announce there's that have to be a mystery right now.
Speaker 4: I don't know if this person has been confirmed yet, so I will save.
Speaker 1: Said at the end of last episode, but I don't know for sure.
Speaker 3: It's Bob Web.
Speaker 1: We did it all right, yeah, okay, yeah, And I think jam is actually planning to check out some Pokemon Legends z a Thursday night if you watch me do some of these kind of opening night game streams. Believe Jan's planning to do one of his own for that one, so keep an eye out for that on Thurdyesday night. Some other things, like I said, we're probably gonna get that this is the run for Absolum starting here maybe around Thursday as well.
Speaker 3: I mean there, I would say either tomorrow or Thursday. You know, it's gonna be a thing that we're just kinna squeeze in between other things or like maybe sometimes Games Warning Mess will roll into a run, but just keep an eye out. You know, we'll try to be good on the socials about it and everything, but we want to play a lot of that.
Speaker 1: There are some of our things with you know, embargos and whatnots. Yeah, there'll be more, but yeah, plenty of happening here all the Game Mess mornings. Of course, there's tons of fun stuff to check out on Giant Bob. Even though we're leaving golf behind, the good times are going to continue to.
Speaker 3: Roll Backler, can we talk about we were gonna mean you were gonna talk about something after Games Warning Mess tomorrow, after Embarger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just don't know if the if we're allowed to say.
Speaker 3: I don't know who we are, but yeah, Backlar and I have been checking something out that if you want to stay tuned after Game Morning Mess tomorrow and I might just kind of chat about something we've been messing with.
Speaker 1: Awesome, all right, then I believe we are just a done and we're ready to get out of here. Everybody he's been Jeff he's been Jeff, he's been Dan. Thank you so much to Sean for helping us out on the back end this evening.
Speaker 3: I have been Mike. Good times, everybody.
Speaker 1: We'll see you all next time, right here on the giant bomb cash Woo.
Speaker 3: I think you're supposed to yell things, now do it now? He does that. Some times I can't. I can't be about golf anymore. I don't care what you guys said.
Speaker 1: I still kind of want to see that Downton Abby movie with no other context, but just I think is happening here.