Speaker 1: In there, folks. Before we dive in, just a friendly reminder that Beer Belly Sports is a podcast, not a mensa meeting. They're not CNN, ESPN, not your mom's book club, and they're definitely not to be trusted with an intelligent thought. They're here for laughs, beer, and a good time, not pulid surprises or perfect stats. The opinions, hot takes, and wild predictions you're about to hear are strictly their own and possibly influenced by whatever was on tap earlier in the day. If you should take anything that they say too seriously, that's on you, Bubba. So crack a cold one, sit on back, and remember it's all good fun, just a bunch of Minnesotans talkin' sports, sippin' beer, sometimes making sense, and demonstrating the thoughts that kept them out of the really good schools. Everybody, please just take a breath and we'll begin.
Speaker 2: So today's show, we normally don't start out like this. It's a sad show for her because it's one of our friends that we lost and one of our colleagues that we lost. Here on the Beer Balley Sports Radio Network and also on Beer Really Sports, Jesse Pierce lost her life in the early mornings of Saturday this past Saturday. She leaves behind three kids, Hudson, Kidd, and Avery. Jesse's been in part of Beer Really Sports for a couple of years doing stuff for us for the Wild. She was on a show called JP Slapshots, which actually you still see from time to time on the Beer Really Sports Facebook page if you scroll down from some videos. So yeah, Jesse was also part of the Minnicipla Wild as a insider. And I met Jesse back in twenty twenty, just right before she started the started doing a lot of stuff for the while. She did do wild stuff, but she did lot of stuff like artsy stuff like decorating like the house, and so that was more of her critique and stuff. And she told me that she really wanted to get into some wild, some wild stuff, and she got an inside and she's feisty and she's ballsy and she is one of the best. And I'm, like I said, I'm happy to have Jesse. A known Jesse as a friend, known Jesse for quite a few years, and she was one at a billion great mom, a great writer for the Minsota Wild, and she was an awesome person. One of those people could drink, could drink beers with anybody, can also go outside when it's twenty degrees in the snow in a bikini and drink beerd and have a good time. That's the kind of person Jesse is. And she's awesome. I do and she didn't care. Grow up with the world of media. It's harder. It's hard for guys to get in media, but it's harder for women to be in media. And she's one of those girls that said, I don't want to do what I want and she did that and she proved it how good she is. Everybody loved her, from local even national news even picked up on our story. And she was one of those persons. And she'd actually tell you if she was still alive today, she would say, I don't want all this stuff. She's not one of those people who needed all that kind of like clout or anything like that. She would actually be kind of upset if she had attention that she got from all this. But yeah, Jesse is one of the billion and she's one of the greats. And like I said, fortune she lost her life in a fire this past Saturday in White Bear Lake, and yeah, so we're kind of dedicating to the show to Jesse. Jesse peers from Bartown Beauty's and for the minutes of a while.
Speaker 3: One quick thing too, my cousin Sean and his wife Mallory noticed some of our social media posts. M hm, and you know, I'm from White Bear Lake to be with, and they are still down there and it turns out they have been friends with that family for since they were in school together. So wow, So there's a personal connection there too, and I just wanted to shout out to them and hope everything's going good for them, because it's pretty tough. I've lost a lot of friends too, and there's nothing like that, you.
Speaker 2: Know, It's it was tough seeing that that that right away on Saturday morning. I remember texting you guys, I was like, Jesse died and just crazy like all the news and eventually flooded in and stuff and it was it was crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there's not there's not a whole lot more that can be said. I mean, everybody's kind of touched on it. And the impact that she's left is definitely you know, palpable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, she was one of the greats. And we'll for sure for sure, miss her. Alrighty.
Speaker 3: But with that, with that, we're gonna move on and try to do a show and have a good time.
Speaker 2: We'll have a great show, because we always have a great show. Should our show, Let's start it.
Speaker 4: This is down fisting TVs. Mat Is scroll into his phone, Scott's gown on his business degrees. Dustin keeps the show rolling on.
Speaker 2: Within the bitchin.
Speaker 4: Benisode talking spots and having fought, we take bid into shot.
Speaker 3: Beats were been.
Speaker 2: On each other.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Beer Belly Spots is what we're called the Sammy brows a sports time.
Speaker 2: Good morning, good afternoon, good evening. It doesn't matter where you are. This is Beer Belly Sports Company from the Runway Lounge just south of Bamiji in Narry, Minnesota. If you don't know Narry, Minnesota, Boomiji, Minnesota, just south of Bomigie, not tim minute south of Bomiji. My name is Matt Geffrey. To the very far left and the end of the bar where he normally is an at He's in Bruce's spot today. We welcome back Dustin patten Well, Hello, welcome back, sir.
Speaker 3: I like this song a lot better than the other one.
Speaker 2: I do too. Yeah, it's a good song. And then welcome a very special guest of the show. He is a a Bomidgi legend, and not just any Bomigi legend. You hear his voice all the time in the Northland here in Minnesota. You hear him call for the Lumberjacks Radio network. You hear him calling amazing soccer games on the Lumberjacks Radio network, and even some baseball games and even some football games. He is now there from Paradise, Pennsylvania, which is we had a great movie about it, from Trapped in Paradise. Great movie, by the way, it is done.
Speaker 5: Other than Joel Hoover, thanks for having me today, Falls.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome to the show. It's I was very well you said, yeah, I'll be on the show. I'm like, oh, we got a local legend on the show.
Speaker 3: Class up the joint a little bit, Wait a little bit.
Speaker 5: You guys have had some local legends on the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, plenty of time. Yeah, but it's not you.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm a little hard to get a hold of sometimes and it's a little hard to make things work schedule wise sometimes with how busy I can be with broadcasting all those games and doing everything with kbun it it gets it gets a little challenging, but yeah, I was. I was really glad that that you asked me. It's I mean, I know the two of you. I haven't got a chance to meet or get to know the other guys. It's funny though tonight was the first time that I got to meet Dustin in person. He's been a frequent he's a frequent tweeter to High Noon. He will he will often contribute some thoughts there as he's listening, which I really appreciate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember when you guys first started the show. There you you really encourage you know, if you're out there listening, Yeah, get a hold of us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love that. I love when when people show that they're listening and engage with what we've got going on with the show.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 5: It may not mean we always agree in terms of the thoughts, which is which is part of the fun of it as well. Is just the the dialogue or the chance to have some dialogue. But that's that's enjoyable. And then of course, Jeffery, you've been helping us out at k b U N for a while until your life got busier. But you. But you've been able to help us out with with calling games, which I've loved, and of course you've been a contributor on high.
Speaker 2: Noon with.
Speaker 5: Your golf and your zany uh zaney calls and and being part of a minority owner of the Minnesota Twins.
Speaker 2: Allegedly owner of the Minnesota Twins.
Speaker 5: Yeah, minority owner as in point zero zero zero one percent or something like that. But but yeah, calling games which I've loved that that you helped us out with that, So yeah, it's it's fun getting to to now join you guys and and contribute a little And yeah, would have would have loved to get to meet the other fellas too.
Speaker 2: Bruce is our comic relief for sure. He's one that kind of makes everything funny. And yeah, and Scott's like a second dad. He'll blind you with the the two degrees he has for business. And then he dad talks me even though he's the youngest out of all of us, which is fine. And then I got Dustin who probably did the same two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I do a little bit, but me and Bruce have a different I'm a different person normally when Bruce is here too, because we've known each other for twenty something years now where we used to play himself all together.
Speaker 5: So I will say too, I had wanted to to make this comment anyway coming on the show in light of what happened this weekend, because I thought the timing was the timing was tough that this is my first show that I'm joining you guys just coming off of the tragic loss of not only Jesse Pierce, but but her three kids as well, and that was just so incredibly shocking and heartbreaking to hear about. I did not have the familiarity with Jesse that you guys did. I knew of her. I knew of the bar Down Udi's podcast. I knew that she had done some other stuff with Score North, which is another part of the Hubbard family, and we're part of the Hubbard family as well at Paul Bunny Broadcasting. So I knew of her, and yet I didn't get a chance to really consume a lot of her content. It's tough with running with running the radio station and keeping things rolling that way. Sometimes, catching especially listening to content outside of what we're doing and what we get from Kfan and such, is a little bit hard sometimes for me because I'm already so immersed in stuff that's on the air that sometimes making the time to listen to other stuff is a little challenging. But I was absolutely floored at how much she did, whether it was for NHL dot Com or just being around the wild and the different content she produced. It was remarkable to read about how much she was involved with and not only what she did, but how she did it. And that's what was so impressive was the demeanor that she had the willingness too, Like you guys talked about provide content for you guys. You know, she could have just blown off this this outlet from Northern Minnesota and gone, I just don't have time for you guys, or yeah whatever. But she she clearly made time for you guys, and that's that is very very special. And it's tough to see somebody like that go and and to just to lose a life, and not only her life, but her kids' lives in such tragic fashion. And you know, I've been praying for their family and for you guys too, and the people who knew her, and especially for her husband. Yeah, I just I just can't I can't imagine how how it's been for him losing her losing their kids in that fashion. I just but the outpouring of support has been remarkable to see though, across not only from the wild but across the NHL. Yeah, even across the sports world.
Speaker 2: I mean when I first saw, like I said, I was blown away, Like how how much response that she got from the world, because there was I was even went to national news, like many different levels on national news, and it was great to see reflecting on her life of amazing life that she had and again being a mom when her husband was busy, she took the kids too, a lot of these interviews, yeah, and doing that and doing hosting two shows. And that's that's kind of why we didn't do a show this past this past year, because uh, she got so busy and so many other things. And I don't blame her, so it's it's okay with I wasn't too worried about it. I was like, she's so much busier than.
Speaker 3: Yeah she was. I mean, kind of like I said in that one post I made, she was kind of a rising star, you know, just kind of taken off and moving on up, getting more and more respect.
Speaker 5: I was blown away too with the the respect that she had garnered from the organization, from the Wild themselves, and from some of the players too. Like reading about the bond that had been created between me Kyle Granlin when he was with the Wild, and her oldest son after he had been born. I saw this adorable picture of Grantlin just staring into his eyes and him as a baby. I think his name is Hudson, her oldest yeah, staring back and just what a delightful picture that was of just a bond and a connection that have been built there. So it's it's such a sad loss on on so so many levels, and and in such a tragic fashion to losing losing the four of them. So but but like I said it, you're not just for for all of them, but also for you guys too. You know I've been thinking of you guys here going back to this weekend too awesome.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it all right too, shows being brought to you by for forget oh oh he lost your notes.
Speaker 3: We got to pay the bills people, not ben Kettle.
Speaker 2: Now, bu Kettle is just located just south of but Midgie. They have Prime Rib on Fridays and I think Saturday is correct. I think Saturday. So, yeah, Saturdays, we're gonna do another draft party there, Hoover. You're more than happy to join us for the draft party.
Speaker 3: More than welcome. Yeah, you don't know if he's happy.
Speaker 2: Well, he'll be happy, he's happy, but uh, more than welcome to join us for the draft party. Last year we had the Mayor George Frinch joined us wearing his San Diego Chargers jersey San Diego, San Diego Jersey. He was super pumped about it.
Speaker 5: Does he still call them the San Diego charge I think he does. Scott Williams does. Scott. He firmly believes that they belonged still in San Diego, and I couldn't agree more with him.
Speaker 1: I do too.
Speaker 3: I early on, when I started fantasy football, I always had Tomlinson. You had you had to pay extra to keep him every year. Oh so I kept him for like four or five years or whatever else as you shann had to. So then they were like my number two team I had my Chargers had It was a brief when he was on the Chargers. Didn't like him when he went to the Saints because I didn't like the Saints.
Speaker 2: Why what happened?
Speaker 3: And we'll talk about that later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what happened there. Yeah, so the Knob and Kettle just south of Bamigi, great restaurant. Josh and his family take great care of you. Uh we're gonna do another. I believe we'll do another draft party. That's less than a month away, and it's one of our favorite times of years to uh hang out there and meets some of the people. We should do some giveaways, we uh talk, we're more talking.
Speaker 3: The Bruce gets loose.
Speaker 2: The Bruce does get loose and he kind of does whatever he wants. That's we kind of like, see he'll be back soon. Also being brought to you.
Speaker 3: By Seventh Avenue Pizza seven has.
Speaker 2: New Pizza has been one of our biggest sponsors since since basically starting seven That pizza you can get over at the uh quick trip or holiday here in Bimigi and then if you go down south it's over at cub Oh God, there's so many other the bigger.
Speaker 5: Chains holidays holiday here anymore.
Speaker 2: I know, okay, holiday, it's all it's the same there everywhere, there everywhere. But yeah, they have especially down in the city's cub is what a bigger and big one. And then I don't think rainbow foods. Rainbow foods used to be a big thing back in the day. Not really more what am I thinking of? I don't know anyways, But yeah, that's uh seven of that pizza Pizza Forrest Trendy Austin brought to you.
Speaker 3: By Soda Stick.
Speaker 2: So Soda Stick gives you ten percent off promo Coast order yeap on your first and first order. Found that out first order get fifteen percent off on sodastick dot com made by Minnesota's for Minnesota's Great Stuff. Bruce. Bruce is trying to get the Randy Moss like underwear so you can pull it down and has his face mooning, which I think is brilliant and they should do. Uh promo code bb Beer Relly Sports. So forgot about that Ausbin brought.
Speaker 3: To you by brought to you by Paul Bunny and Communication.
Speaker 2: Paul Bunny. Uh been serving the b Midgie and Grand Rapids area for the BUTMIGI for at least uh uh. I'm gonna say yeah because he kicked the door open. That's why been serving the Bamiji area for I think fifteen No, not fifteen bout close to forty Scott No Scott. Scott is from Grand Rapids and he knows all about Pablo new Communications. But they have the gigazone. If you don't have the gigazone, I strongly urge you here in the North or North Minnesota area to get the gigazone. We have the gig Zone here too, so think thank you, Brian cut you out.
Speaker 3: Also brought to you by Home Choice.
Speaker 2: So if you're looking for any appliances, any furniture, or any tires on your new on a vehicle, go to Home Choice right here Bmiji. Use a promo code Beer Belly Sports and get one hundred dollars off on your purchase. It's one hundred dollars off in your purchase. Use a promo code.
Speaker 3: Beer Really Sports and Herbert and Gerbert's.
Speaker 2: One of our our all time favorite sponsors, Irban Gerberts. I love their sandwich. What's your favorite sandwichover?
Speaker 5: I've always been partial to the Apollo.
Speaker 2: Oo the Apollo. That sounds awesome.
Speaker 5: I love the Apollo.
Speaker 2: Oh. Scott Chime did fifty years and twenty five in Grand Rapids, So thank you. I don't do I don't usually don't do his ad, but yeah, so Urban Gerbert's been sort of been with us for beginning when Stevel was still here, So the original. That's how long ago we've had Urban Gerbertz as part of our sponsorship. My favorite's probably been the eruptor one of my all time favorites.
Speaker 3: Do what?
Speaker 2: What's your favorite?
Speaker 3: What's the tuna one? For some reason I liked that one.
Speaker 2: That's a that was a limited time. Yeah, you're a.
Speaker 3: Tuna guy, Dustin, you know, once in a while, I'm not a I don't know, I'm not a sandwich shop guy normally.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, they also have great soups. Soups. Soups are always on soup. We always say it's soup season, no matter when, it's always soup season. Gotta get the pickles as well. To Bruce loves the pickles. It's his favorite thing, of course he does.
Speaker 3: So yeah, oh, there's there's a Geffree slipping out. Okay, finally one last one on Team Nascar.
Speaker 2: Here last one is the JD's Outpost Rodeo. It's gonna be June at nineteenth and twentieth out in Solway, Minnesota, just west of Amiji's a little bit and we are happy to be there. Have be a great sponsors if you're looking for a great, great rodeo. Last year kind of got cut a little bit short due to the big old storm that came through, but the next day they had a rodeo. They still kept going, which is awesome. Which is awesome. So if you're looking for to help local things, we talked about supporting local community events, this is one of them. Go to the JD's outpost is in Soulway. It's not very far from Biji, but about like ten minutes or so, maybe fifteen at the most. Check out the rodeo on June nineteenth and the twentieth. And that's it for sponsors. All right. NASCAR list of sponsors, Yeah, that's a lot we do.
Speaker 3: I mean in't been here for a while, so it seems like that list keeps growing and growing, get more popular. Can eat a second page pretty soon.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do the sick Pack.
Speaker 1: It's time for the Billy Sports six packs, throught to you by Bryce Promo from Team Cermac real Estate. Just like you were a favorite Minnesota team, you need someone who knows how to close by, sell, move win With Bryce Primo and the Bimage area called two and eight seven six zero ninety seven eight nine, or send an email to Premonition Free sixty five at hotmail dot com.
Speaker 2: All right, I think that guy sounds fair to say. Do you know that guy?
Speaker 5: He sounds really familiar weird. Oh I think I heard him on a podcast one time with somebody who sounded a lot like me.
Speaker 2: Oh, what's that podcast.
Speaker 5: Called Rick and nicktok flicks.
Speaker 2: I'm glad I kimi organically. All right, start off first, first beer for us. We're gonna crack this one. It's gonna be Joel Hoover. Let's meet the great Joel Hoover from KBUN and also Paul Bunyan Broadcasting here in Bimidge, also part of the Hubbard team as well too. Hoover, you've been here for ten ten years? Has to be ten years, ten and a half, ten and a half.
Speaker 5: That's right over ten and a half now, Okay, yeah, so I do.
Speaker 2: I told you this before. When I left RP Broadcasting and KBUN had an opening for sports director, I applied for it, and I'm not gonna lie. I'm so happy you got it because you do an outstanding work. The things you call, the things that you do for Bamidge in general, like the soccer games that you do. No one else in this state does better soccer games than you, Like I'm serious, Like I listened for you. My Hoover's way better and you can. How you paint a picture is all broadcasters the only do play by pla. You're trying to paint the picture and trying to see what's going on, and you do that very well. So I'm happy that you took that job. You do a damn good job at it.
Speaker 5: Jeffrey, I appreciate that a lot. I'm sorry that it was at the expense of you not getting the position, but no, I appreciate it a lot. It's so fun to get to do this for a living. That's what I'm thankful to be able to get to do this for a living. This was always something that going back to when I was in middle school, that I had wanted to do as a job was get to do sportscasting and to be able to call games and to make a living from it. And it seemed like there were so few jobs available for that that I wondered, how am I going to find an opportunity to get to do this? How am I going to be able to find something where I can truly make it stick and be able to make a living off of it, and it's an answer to prayer. I truly truly believe that and truly see that that. You know, it was always something I hoped I would get a chance to do, and now that I'm in it, I try to remind myself, especially as I'm doing well over one hundred games each year, I try to remind myself, this is what you've always wanted, and it's special to get to be in it and don't ever lose sight of it. And it's it's very easy to come back to that and to remember that because I had hoped and prayed for this for so long, and I'm I'm just thankful that not only that I found a job, but that God guided me to this job and this place, because this is a really special place, and getting to call high school sports for a living is special. High school was a really really special time in my life. Getting to compete and getting to do what these kids are doing and going through learning and growing and the lessons that come with it. And now I get to be around them as a I call myself a person of influence quote unquote, there are a lot of people of influence that are around these kids, and I'm I'm thankful that I get to be one of them. And then I've built relationships through it, and I have a real love and passion for the craft. You know, what you said was was pretty humbling about what you see in the work that I do, because I care a lot about how I do the work. It's not just calling games. I believe wholeheartedly in how I call the games and having a real attention to detail.
Speaker 2: With that, And anybody who's ever seen Joel Hoover's book for basketball is mind blowing because Joel will take because I wish I had the book here, but you'll have the rebounds, will have points for each person.
Speaker 5: I don't keep Oh okay, I wish to keep rebound.
Speaker 2: There's fouls, there's everything. He keeps I when I do it for you with like it's just points and follows, I'm like, all right, that's good enough. And then you keep track of like running scores and stuff. I remember seeing that I try. I'm like, that is outstanding. Nobody else we had Charlieyeger in here. He said the same thing, like keep it up with Hoover's book is amazing how he could do it. So people do not know for doing play by plays, like you literally calling and you are trying to write down each thing that you see and sometimes not looking and looking and hopefully you don't miss anything. There's been a few times, especially in the end of a close game. Not been a lot of them for me. In a close game, I'm trying to pay attention and trying to get You're trying to build that moment up. You're trying to build that anticipation like this is gonna be a great game.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: One mind that I had was against Morehead and Bimiji Boys and more I hit that three point in the corner literally on the right hand side of me if you know where the Pimitji field house is, right hand side of us in that corner he hit that green diit.
Speaker 5: I was like, yeah, yeah, that's a tough one. I know you've called games, Dustin. Have you ever called games?
Speaker 2: I have not.
Speaker 5: Have you ever wanted to?
Speaker 3: He's tried to get me in baseball before, but I'm it's just busy.
Speaker 2: Can't really you know, it's fun. Yeah, I used to.
Speaker 3: Kind of when I was younger, he used to think about it, but I, yeah, no, I don't think I can keep up with the action and a lot of the sports, baseball maybe.
Speaker 5: But that's what's nice about podcasting. You can just yeah, go at your own pace.
Speaker 2: Yep, do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the thing, especially with radio. That's the challenge with radio. And that's what I love about being on the radio side of things. Like people have asked me if I would want to get into TV, and it was a thought back when I was in college about the possibility of it, and it still plays on my mind a little bit. But radio is a lot of fun because you're painting the picture, just like you talked about, Jeffrey. It's a lot of fun to have to work quickly like that and paint the picture and be descripted and provide the details. You're in control of that. With TV TV, the pictures tell the story themselves. Like I always roll my eyes a little bit if I hear this happens, especially with analysts, where they they tell you about every single camera shot that comes up, like, oh, there's so and so in the stands, Oh there's so, And I'm like, yeah, I see that, I see a graphic.
Speaker 2: That says that that's right, thank you, Captain x y Z.
Speaker 5: Celebrity who's right there, Like, yeah, I know who that is.
Speaker 3: We're the ones to talk over the moment.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, no kiddinging the microphone doing it. Yeah, uh, it just let the moment breathe. Radio, though, you have to be on point. You have to be telling the story and being really descriptive about it while also trying to tell the story too. I mean, TV is so much about the narrative and the story. Radio you're describing what's going on, and you're telling the story too. It's it's fun to be able to to mix both of them in.
Speaker 2: So one of my things when I do radio is you. I mean you do a lot of background work like you do. I don't know, like a week's worth, within like a couple of days. I try that you do like for me, I don't have to do much of that. I just like the rule of thumb. And I told you two hours early. That's always been a rule of thumb. Chris Tubbs from down in the Cities at WCCO, He's told me he used to be in Sioux Falls. Uh, he used to He used to tell me be two hours early for every game, to get your stats, to get your story, to get your interviews done. And how I do my interviews, which is different from what you guys do. I just recorded off my phone with a mic and I email to whatever engineer is there, and it just sends it and I have to worry about the pregame stuff. I just said, maybe do the scene opener, and that's about it, and it works great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it works great like that. Yeah, I my rule of thumb, I tend to be in the realm of about an hour and a half because I'm doing Usually I'm doing so many games that sometimes if I have a little bit of time, that's a luxury to me. Now, if I'm on the road, I'm at the mercy of traveling with the time, which I love. I love that.
Speaker 2: I'm going to ask you about that for like travel with the team, like, like, do you like traveling the team or do you like going separate? Because I know for the most time you like go with the team.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would say for the most part, I absolutely love being with the team. Now, I say for the most part, because you do then have to commit to their timetable because for instance, with basketball and hockey during the winter, we're getting there early because JV is playing first. Now I don't mind that because it gives me time to do things like get my senior spotlight interview if I'm doing one that night, get my coaches interview, get my book ready and written out because I have my notes printed off and ready to go. But then, like, I can get my book ready for basketball, or I can get settled in in the press box for hockey or for either one, and it's nice to have that time to be able to do that and to get myself mentally prepared for the game. Now. I also, I really really like traveling with it, so it means then that maybe I'm leaving earlier than I would be otherwise. Afterward, I'm generally leaving on the timetable of the team, so there's not much of a difference there. It's the leaving early where sometimes I'm like, you know, a little bit more time and then leaving would be kind of nice. But I like being able to sit on the bus and I can sleep, I can talk to the coaches, I can talk to the kids if they want to chat with me. I can relax, I can get some work done, and I love having the ability to be able to do that right on the bus. And it's very nice, especially since we have these long trips. Saves me the gas, saves me the extra work of food sometimes too, I will absolutely take being on the bus. And again, it's the relationships. The relationships are such a huge part of it too.
Speaker 2: We never went with teams. We always had to drive ourselves. So you talk about doing your book, this is my show prep or my my opener that I had with you for Lewjacks. Yeah, so yeah, I would write all this stuff like literally within those two hours. Though.
Speaker 5: That's good, that's good. That's part of what I do sometimes too. I try to come with bullet points in my mind for my opens so that I can make them as natural as possible. But for really really big games, and I'm curious if people have heard this before or can tell that there's a difference, I'll give a little little insider info here. For select really really big games where I know that there's a a clear as day storyline that I've got in my mind. For this, I will sometimes write out my open and I got the idea listening to I'm wearing my Phillies hat tonight. I got the idea listening to Yeah, there you go listening to Scott Franski, who is the boy of the Philadelphia Phillies on the radio, and Franski is one of the best in the business. I think he is. He is an absolute gem when it comes to calling baseball on the radio, and he has had these dynamite opens the last few years when the Phillies have made it to the postseason. I've heard just these outstanding opens that he does to broadcasts. And I hadn't done this writing it out until I listened to him do some of those opens, and I went, I think these are prepared, and it seems like they're a bit prepared. Maybe they're not, maybe he's just that good off the cuff, but I'm like, these sound prepared, and yet it's a good thing that if they are, that they are because he came fully prepared to outline the magnitude of this game and why it matters. And there's a certain prose about this that is just so rich to listen to.
Speaker 3: Like the girls State tournament game this year, did you do that one?
Speaker 5: I partially did. Okay, that's a good one. That's a good question. I'm trying to remember the last time that I did write one out. I wrote it out for the Section Championship. For the State game, I came partially prepared with what it was, but that was actually more off the cuff with that one. Yeah, that was maybe a bit surprising yet, thank you. But yeah, for the Section Championship, that one was prepared, and that was one where I was like, I have got to nail this open.
Speaker 2: I know what I want to do with it.
Speaker 5: I've got to nail it with With the State one, it was prepared partially in my mind. I knew the bullet points I wanted to hit. Plus it was different because I had TJ with me down to State TJG. And because I had somebody else with me. I didn't want to fully take up the open. I wanted to have something prepared, but then create runway for TJ to step in and to talk as well, because we looked at that as this is the culmination of getting to State, is the culman of a journey that he and I have been part of alongside this team, watching the lowest of low's with a group that one season a few years ago want only one game and now they're here at State, and I want to make sure that I give room for him to share his perspectives on this too, in addition to what I have prepared.
Speaker 2: It's not it's it's nice having somebody with you. And I'm not used having somebody with me. So it's like I did many, many, many games with solo, but it's so nice having somebody with you to bounce stuff off of and you take a little break and kind of make make the event.
Speaker 5: I've done a lot of both, so I know how both go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh so, oh yeah, can we?
Speaker 3: So the the start of one O four five, like the when you guys shifted over to sports and local sports, and then you came along and now suddenly there was a local sports show. How did that come about?
Speaker 5: Also, guys would ask me, yeah, really interested? Yeah, great question. So I got here in July of twenty fifteen was when I moved here. I accepted the job in June. Thankfully, they gave me some time to get everything organized in PA because I had just graduated from college in May of twenty fifteen. Graduated from it was then Messiah College, now it's Messiah University. I had gone back home and had some irons in the fire, hoping for something. This job, this was the only place where I had any dialogue going on. I'd get an email every couple of days from Todd Hougan going can you send me this? Can you send me that? First it was Joel, your stuff looks good. Have you ever done hockey? I was like, no, but I can send you something. So I pulled up a Flyers Penguins game on YouTube, recorded myself doing ten minutes of play by play on that radio play by play, and sent that off. And then they're like, have you done any music work? And I was like, I don't have a demo for it, though, hustled back up to Messiah, got in touch with a friend who was running the radio station for the summer, and recorded myself doing an hour's worth of you know, voice tracking type of work, and sent that off. Waited about a week. Then they're like, hey, we'd like to have you in for an interview. I was like, Mom, Dad, I need to fly out to Bunji, Minnesota. Then they got back to me and they were like, Joel, let's just do a skype interview. I was like, perfect, that'll save me some money. So yeah, and then then heard from them in June and I got a call on a Friday two one eight number. I was like, oh boy, And then I picked up and it was Todd and he was like, Joel, we're still working out the numbers, but we'd like to offer you this job at Paul Bunny Broadcasting. And I was like wow. He's like, we're gonna get the numbers worked out and we're probably gonna offer you the job on Monday. Rare position for a person to be in, where you can sit on that for a weekend, sit on the fact that your life is about to change forever. Where I'm I'm going, Oh, I know what my answer.
Speaker 3: Is going to be.
Speaker 5: It's absolutely gonna be yes. But then I have a whole weekend to sit on my brain. And that made it hard because now I'm having to think about.
Speaker 3: This, well, yeah, you're so young, and then yeah, you know I'm going halfway across the country, Yeah, exactly, to a.
Speaker 5: State I had never been to. I had never been to Minnesota before. I only knew of Bmigi because I remembered seeing Bamigi State in the Frozen four and that they had made that run back in nine. But I knew I was going to accept the job. I absolutely knew it. I told my mom and dad that and they're like, yup, it's time. This is this is what, this is God's plan making this possible here. So got a month to be able to pack up and get ready for the move, and off I went. I knew one person here in Bimigie. Somehow knew somebody here who was going to school here at the time, and happened to have a connection there. Knowing just one person, but otherwise I was flying blind. keV Jackson went and did the apartment walk through for me.
Speaker 2: Ah, and he took care of that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he deserves a bell for that. So keV did the apartment walk through for me. I had never met him in person, only a talk to him via skype.
Speaker 1: That was it.
Speaker 2: Him and Todd.
Speaker 5: They were the only two people I had visually seen from the station.
Speaker 2: Did keV still have hair at that time?
Speaker 5: I don't mean to throw him under the bus here, but a little bit, a little bit sorry keV. Anyway, he has gracefully moved into his current stage of it follicle awareness so.
Speaker 2: No awareness as a show title.
Speaker 5: So I yeah, so I get out here, getting back to your question, Dustin, and keV gave me the outline of the plan of what they were looking at doing with one oh four five. He said, we're getting ready to turn this oldie station into a sports station. And he's like, we're gonna have some people who won't be happy about that, and we fielded some calls. There were there were some some folks of a certain generation who were not particularly pleased that this old East station was not off the air, But there were a lot of people who were really excited that the the kfan content that we had on Yeah, that was going to FM off of KBUN FM to the off of Kbuna M to the FM. A lot of people were excited about that, and I didn't realize it fully at the time just how significant that was. Now later on down the road, I'm like, that was just a master stroke that they did that. And then keV, we hadn't really even talked about this all that much when I was going through the interview process. The biggest thing I asked them was can I add soccer to your portfolio? And they were like, we would love if you would do that. So I mean that, yeah, because you talked to me about soccer. Geffrey and I absolutely wanted to add that on and they were totally in favor of that, and I was like, well, now it's the easy part.
Speaker 3: Me doing it.
Speaker 5: I know how to do it. But then yeah, so that launched in September. It was early September that kbun FM launched where we flipped the switch on that going from the oldies to a sports station, and then High Noon was what he pitched me on. Next, He's like, who, we like to get this daily sports talk show going and I went, you want it to be daily? And he says, we want it to be two hours. I was like, you want it to be two hours of content. I was like, I hope I've got help on this, and he's like, yes, I will help you out with it.
Speaker 2: I remember when he first when he first started with it. Oh man, you ain keV for the longest time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was the two of us to start. We would have Scott was a contributor at the start. He would provide a segment's worth of content. He was busier at the time with well he's still busy now, but it was a different busy with the Beavers and with his his hockey work. There and doing football, and he would still provide some content for us every now and then. But Kev's like, yeah, let's make it a local sports talk show where we will focus on local We'll give local perspectives on what's going on with the state teams. And so it was early November of twenty fifteen when high Noon launched. That was the kind of the timeline the progression me getting here, the sports station launching just over a month after I got here, and then two months after that, high Noon followed of we're going to get local content on there, and all of this coming with me just getting settled in here. I mean I had just gotten here and there was a lot getting thrown at me. I'm having to learn about these teams. I'm having to learn about Bamidgie High School. I'm having to learn what things look like generally here. And now we're stacking and adding on to it, and it's with me being this new guy doing it, and I just kind of rolled with it. I was like, this is okay, this is what we're doing, and that's just how I tried to approach it was, this is how it's gonna be. Let's make something great out of it.
Speaker 2: And you owned up. You owned all this for yourself, which is great. I mean you you expanded the brand, You expanded Lumberjack's radio network, you expanded High Noon. We have local talent. You have the kids who come in if you have like me who come in just to joke around and make fun of me, which is fine. You have TJ who comes in, you have a lot of other people who are there to help grow the brand. And it's to me, it's one of the funniest things and one of the greatest thing at the same time, like, I'm so prodigy? Did this even get me on with you one? Because it's like something very familiar that I know how to do, and watching you how to do stuff is like I know what he's doing.
Speaker 5: Well, I'll give people a little background on my history with Jeffrey, because Geffrey at first was at least to me And you'll probably love this, Dustin, And I know Geffery, you'll get a kick out of this. You were this goofy dude who seemed to be pounding down the door line can I do anything for you?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 5: It was so funny and yet you were so persistent about it, and I was At first, I was like, Okay, what are we dealing with here? Is this guy like some rando or what exactly is is his angle here? You just wanted to do something, and it was as I got to know you more, I was like, oh man, it was in the It was not like some crazy or like something. This guy shouldn't be on.
Speaker 2: The I've emailed you and keV so many times of just like just give me a shot.
Speaker 5: And then yeah, keV, Kevin had conversations with you, and then I started having conversations with you, and it was like, Okay, this guy, this guy is a little crazy, little goofy, but he means really well. He means really well.
Speaker 3: I remember, I don't know, maybe it was that freedo at the time still or maybe I was that coke. But I texted you and I said, do they have to tie you down when you're in there? Because you do like a tornado?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, practically had to. It was so much like Jeffrey, it's time to get off the air. We got to go to a commercial here.
Speaker 2: So well that's what it was. It was fun doing all that where I can literally just I could talk about sports and just like we talk about the Twins. We'll talk twins here a little bit about just it's the official and official owner of the Minnesota Twins. And we have so much time and so much fun and just like just go at it and just like and my whole goal was to get you going, which is very hard to do because I try to say the randomest thing to see if I can accomplisence getting you going. Scott's easy to do, that's not hard to do, keV. Sometimes I like to mess with keV. I mean, who doesn't.
Speaker 5: Well, I know that getting exasperated makes for good radio, yeah, in its own way, and so I do like to lean into that for fun. And sometimes it truly is me going. This is my internal mind, like my thought processing being let loose, but to a point. You know, I'm not gonna let it truly get personal or like get to be too much.
Speaker 3: Sometimes with you and Scott oh Man, well, some days you poked a bear and I enjoy it.
Speaker 5: We know how to push each other's buttons. I mean, Scott will endlessly try to do that with the Double Happiness in particular.
Speaker 2: Or with I love I love the golf stuff. When he's like, oh, I want to do this and he's like he always has some type of rule that you made up. It's hilarious.
Speaker 5: I'm playing any games with Scott feels impossible sometimes because he will find way, he will find some way to complain about it or to and I it's in good fun. And he'll he'll come in during commercial breaks sometimes and be like, you know, I'm just giving you a hard time, and I'm there smiling, cackling, going, dude.
Speaker 2: I know that's the best when you because you're you're trying to tell a story, but you're trying to keep funny. You're trying to save like you're trying to build a brand, so you're messing with each other and the other side may not know if you guys maybe hate each other at that time, but at the same time, you are creating something and that's what draws ears. People do not know the whatever content you're doing, the negative or positive, and that people just still listen.
Speaker 5: That's the one And let me be clear, it's not performative annoyance just for the sake of the show. It is coming from a place of annoyance, but at the same time, I also know how to take it to a point and go it's not going to be much more than this.
Speaker 2: So you know, I've I alas enjoyed when I messed with you guys.
Speaker 5: It is entertaining sometimes though, I go, dude, what in the world you doing here? So?
Speaker 2: Yeah, anything else? Want to get know Joel a little bit more? You want to get moving through? Yeah, feel free to pretty sure it'll be plenty more stuff as we go on, because I know there will be anymore for the moment.
Speaker 3: Umm, keep buying my microphone. That's one thing. What did Bruce want me to ask him? Oh, Jeffrey's streak of losing games while he's doing announcing for quite quite the streak, Yeah, twins like almost have you ever had something like that? This is where it didn't matter what you did or if you went to you know, multiple things in a row and then just it was just a bad season.
Speaker 5: Well, I try not to take it personally at that point, and I've saw Jeffrey down a little bit with that over text where he'll be like, dude, I'm I don't know whatever it was twelve or something like that.
Speaker 2: I was like close to oh and twenty it's it got Well, it wasn't that because I usually about to do twenty games.
Speaker 5: I've reminded Geffrey, I'm like, look, you can't take that too personally, because you got to stay doing your work and not being worried too much about that or going, oh, it's my fault. And I attitude on the air is such a big thing, and that that's something that I am constantly working at and trying to remind myself, especially in the moment in games or with teams I have. I have called games for teams from varying degrees of success, whether it's been teams fighting to not have a winless season, two teams that a team that played for a state championship I got. I got to call a state championship game in my time here, which which I just I look back on that with amazement that I had that opportunity. So regardless of the season that the team is having. Number One, I try to remember these are high school kids. These are high school kids, that this is high school sports. They're trying to learn and go through. I had terrible seasons that I was part of. I had good seasons that I was part of. You have to remember that and remember to have a degree of compassion for that and understanding of that, and yeah.
Speaker 2: It's it's not you, right, it's not you.
Speaker 5: It's just it's purely it is purely timing.
Speaker 2: And that's why.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I told Geffrey that. I was like, dude, it is all timing.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: I will joke about that on the bus sometimes I'll get on the bus, like there was there was a stretch I think early on just after the New Year, when I had just gotten back from visiting my family in PA where I got back. Yeah, hey, you guys can ask away about Pennsylvania by the way too. Where I got back and I called a few games. There was one stretch where there was a few losses in a row, and I got on the bus I think it was after a boys basketball game, and I went to the coaches because I know, I know I can talk about this with those guys, and I was like, guys, man, I am sorry, I've got a stench about me right now, like it is just it is or it is just rank. I mean, I like I'm a walking problem here, like this is like I can't seem to call a win right now. But like I joke about that with them, just going hey, look, just taking some of the pressure off them and going, hey, you know what, it's a all good guys Like I'm I've got terrible timing right now. I feel quote unquote responsible for that.
Speaker 2: So it happens. I just have fun with that, all right, move on to the next Yeah we can.
Speaker 3: We can touch on some other stuff as we go.
Speaker 2: Mm hm oh, prepare yourselves. The boys are gonna talk about twinkies, all right. The Minnesota Twins, they start their season against Baltimore and Baltimore. How many games is Minnesota Minnesota Twins is gonna win this year? Hoover. I'd give you my pick yet, which I totally forgot to give that to you the past two couple of days.
Speaker 5: Are you sure they're definitely starting their season here? It seems like people, it seems like everybody who's a Twins fan is wanting to hide under the covers and go, no, please, no, do we really have to do this?
Speaker 2: Sell the team? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Exactly. In my time here, I can't remember the outlook on the team being so bleak. There have been some some bad seasons since I've been here, which, oddly enough, the two occasions I can think of turned into great seasons. The next year that went above expectation, which, hey, if you're looking for hope, there you go. I can tell you all that. But it is different this year. I've not seen the fan base with this level of angst and frustration with the team since I've been here, And quite honestly, I said this today. I like seeing Twins fans feeling that way. It feels like Twins fans take a lot where they You guys are as loyal as it gets as a fan base, super loyal, and I've said Twins fans deserve better for how loyal they are, the way they keep coming back, the dedication, the fact that we've got a state and region that calls this team their own. This team I think has banked on that too much. If attendance gets hurt to start the year with all these April games, I think that's going to be a good thing. I think the ownership needs to go. We need to get it together, like whatever it's going to take to finally.
Speaker 2: Shake these guys dollar beer nights out of.
Speaker 5: Their shoes and go, we need to invest in this better. We need to invest our money better. Period. These guys dealing with the debt that they have. What in the world all that to say. My guest was seventy two wins. Seventy two is the number that I'm sitting on.
Speaker 3: I think that.
Speaker 5: Bullpen is atrocious on paper.
Speaker 2: I do not see it.
Speaker 5: How in the world are you The starting pitching at the top is very good with Joe. Ryan is decent enough. With the young guys that they have. There's some guys who have some potential there, provided that they stay healthy and stay out there. They've got some pop here and there in the lineup, but it's only here and there, and you're banking on potential slash little bits that some guys can do. You've got a new manager who knows what the clubhouse environment's going to be like. But that bullpen, how do they protect leads with that?
Speaker 2: I don't know?
Speaker 3: And then they released I mean that text I sent you the other day where they released Hendrix and I'm like, didn't need them. I guess, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Like it released a lot of veteran play.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hendricks is he's obviously a bit older by now, and obviously he's gone through a lot health wise with battling cancer like he has. I don't know what he's got left in the tank as far as pitching. But I mean, you look at the lineup that they've got anyway in that bullpen, and you're going, man, I mean, yeah, Taylor Rogers a few years ago was really good. How much does he have left here? He seems like the de facto closer. But it looks like it's gonna be just what the matchups bring you. It's it's by committee, truly. Looking at all that, yeah, I think it's gonna be rough.
Speaker 2: What are you? What are you picking? Geffrey? I'm going with sixty five?
Speaker 3: Sixty five?
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness, yeah, sixty five. How about you? Dustin?
Speaker 3: Well, I think I guessed too high last year. I'm pretty sure I think you were on the higher end.
Speaker 5: I remember. I think you sent a guest into our show. Were you in the low nineties last year?
Speaker 3: I don't think I went that high. Okay, maybe maybe I might have. I can't remember. I'm more like the seventy eight or something like that. This year. I think they'll be hovering around. I don't think like you said. I think the starting pitching will keep them in things.
Speaker 5: If they if they decide to sell off again at the deadline, though it could that's true.
Speaker 2: To really it could turn into I think it will turn bad quick. How many wins do you say?
Speaker 3: Seventy eight and you know, losing Pablo Lopez too, that.
Speaker 2: Really still hurts. Yeah, Ted Swstler, who is our Twins insider, he said, seventy five.
Speaker 5: Seventy five okay, so, which I think is a decent guess, you know, but you've still got the White Sox being at the level that they're.
Speaker 2: At, you know, And yeah, he said, like I text him and said, seventy five. Are you insane? He's like, We're not White Sox bad, but we're still gonna be pretty bad.
Speaker 5: I mean, even if you look at the bad teams among baseball last year, and the Twins were one of them, you're looking at that mid lower seventies kind of scalm. And the Twins won seventy last year with the season that they had, So I mean, you start there as your your baseline, I guess, and go or do you even want to go lower? Is the question?
Speaker 3: Didn't Cleveland get worse too?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 5: That's the expectation is that Cleveland's gonna be worse.
Speaker 2: Scott Wilson went with seventy five wins, so that's I try to have with Travis and Sam had I think they had they were hovering like in the seventies as well too. Yeah, yeah, it's the twins are gonna be bad. They had two dollars beer night, I think for their opener. In the next couple of weeks they have the they announced their opening roster or they're opening day lineup already. So that's good to see. But man, I honestly don't think out of Joe Ryan. Let's say, let's say we're horrible. We're terrible. We are in the middle of July, we start selling off players like Joe Ryan probably is not going to be here. Other guy I think is Walner. Wally's not gonna be here. Great guy against the righty's because he's left handed, hitter, crushes against righties. He's a lot of potential. I see him being gone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, whoever's on expirings, you kind of you kind of think that they're gonna be the ones who are gonna end up saying goodbye.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably you're kind of stuck with because he's injured. But I think Joe Ryan Buckston, he was saying bucks and he's staying contractor. I think he'll stay. But he's gonna hate it because last year he's pretty ticked off that like everybody was gone.
Speaker 5: He's been a good soldier, Yeah, I think he's been a really good soldier through all this.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's twins. I mean, we'll talk more about it, Tess'll have more about it in the next couple of days. The opening day is fun, Yeah, it is fun. I'm wearing my jersey tomorrow for work, so I'll be around town where.
Speaker 5: My Bryce arper jersey ready for tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah. What happened to World Classic with.
Speaker 1: Him that home.
Speaker 5: Was that was a phenomenal moment. Unfortunately top half of the ninth then that was happened.
Speaker 2: But did you see this? No life at all in that American team? The pass little last two games, there was zero life in the dugout pitching and defense saved them.
Speaker 5: Well when you're yeah, when you're struggling to hit and that's that's a tough place to be for a team, and especially a team that impressive.
Speaker 1: So that was.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was a bummer the way, but World Baseball Classic was phenomenal.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It was a good one. It was good to watch. Overall dust anything else, I've got nothing, nothing, else. All right, moving on to more of a local Uh BUTMIJI women's basketball, but mean State women's basketball. Chelsea decided to resign. Do you what what do you take? Did you? I've assume we talked about on your show on high Noon for kun what would you get out of it?
Speaker 5: I'm gonna get a lot more out of it tomorrow because Chelsea is joining High Noon tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she is. She's one of my favorite people to talk to. She was gonna be on our show a couple of weeks ago, but we got hit with that huge snowstar.
Speaker 5: Has she been on with you guys before?
Speaker 2: Long time? I thought so, And she's one of my favorites. This is when Steve O was still with us, So that's how long ago that was.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Chelsea is just a phenomenal interview and we talked about it a little bit on the show. I was I was talking with Charlie about this yesterday, Charlie Eggert and yeah, there you go. And yeah, I'm gonna talk to Chelsea tomorrow and get to hear more about it from her. But one of the biggest things that I'm gonna miss about her coaching is the energy that she did it with and here's here's a cool stat And I talked about this on high noon. Chelsea got here to Bimidgie at around the same time that I did. Yes, I was, And I remember she told me when she got here she started out on a couch doing recruiting from it. When she got here, she got plugged in right away, started recruiting from a couch basically, and then was was starting to get that program up and going. And it felt like multiple times built that program back up. She got something established after a tough first few years, thenans for portal stuff started taking off more. She had to build it back up again and then build it back up again and did it with so much energy, enthusiasm, commitment to culture, and those are special traits that are are definitely going to be missed. I'm so glad that she is sticking around. Yeah, I'm so glad that she's going to be staying on the administrative side there at the school. You need people like her with her energy and passion and ability to connect people. It's great that she's staying around like that. I know she's got a young daughter and she I'm really curious to hear more of the thoughts straight from her about it tomorrow and and just hear about it. She's like, I've got a lot more time these days.
Speaker 2: And she was going to be on I snapped her that too. I was like, so see on the show, Mayer Shirley. She's like absolutely, yeah. Yeah. I start to talk to her about it and tell her what I mentioned it is getting teed up, tell her how she got teed up. It's one of my favorite all time stories from her, and it's yeah, it's one of the greatest stories. But yeah, well you guys can hear that, of course on a high noon tomorrow with Hoover. But yeah, it's it's awesome. It sucks that, like I've obviously like she is a young kid and stuff, and she's going to kind of be more homebody and stuff. And yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 5: We'll see how much of a factor that was. And I'm curious to hear from her about the part that that that just family and home life played into it. And but definitely going to be different not having her next year after all, after eleven seasons, just a lot of just really really cool But I mean, she's she's so well connected here in town too. Of course, having family, I mean the connected the way that she is with family too. And yeah, I'm sure I'll see her at some jack schemes moving forward as well, for sure.
Speaker 2: And she's a giant. She went to South Dakota State too for us saw. I saw her snap She's like at South Dakota State cheering them on. She's done in uh swot Falls because she's originally from like I said, from South Dakota. Yeah, so she usually go to down swot Falls and just see some like basketball games, and she went to She's an Augi Girl or USF one of the two one of the suit Fall schools she went to school for end.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she is a She can drink beer like no other and she will shit talk to you like no other as well too. And that's one of my favorite things about her. She can talk with you. She can she can get you going, and I can get her going.
Speaker 5: To very engaging in conversation. I'm sure we'll see her out at the golf course.
Speaker 2: That's another thing. She loves golfing so much.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not a surprise. I've seen her out there plenty, see her out there, see coach Boche out there, like yeah that they one they love. They love getting their golf in, and I'm sure I'll get to see her out there a bit too.
Speaker 2: I love it, all right, anything else dustin? Nope, moving on? All right? All right? So next one is gonna be the March Madness bracket that we have going off for Beer Belly Sports. Not I mean, well, it's not our bracket that's in the second half, but what we have on ESPN. And I'm not gonna lie. I thought, I the people who know me, I don't watch a lot of basketball. I don't care about basketball, so it's it's still one of the fun times of year. I know Bruce is a diehard fan, but to me, honestly, I don't care. I just super fun Hoover. You have your own bath, you have a man's and women's basketball thing as well as you do. I do. Yeah, And I'm doing okay in that. I mean, I saw I saw the LISSI post it, and I'm like, I'm not doing I thought as good as I thought it was. And I'm trying to time and do.
Speaker 5: You know where you are in hoops?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: And yours?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Not off the top of my head, Okay, but I know I was like in the middle of the middle of the pack, and I'm trying to stall so I can find there. It is trying to find ours. It's trying to stretch and we call them business. We're trying to stretch it out, stretch it out. So people. Yeah, so people in the In the Beverly Sports twenty twenty twenty six March Mans bracket, twenty seven people have entered and person leading the charge Sena, our own she and who runs our website. She's leading the charge. Her pick is, uh, Connecticut. It's a good pick. I think she goes off of colors.
Speaker 3: And she had like five hundred and twenty points so far.
Speaker 2: And then right behind her is Sam from from the Silver Bullet Sessions. He is in second. He picked Michigan.
Speaker 3: I'm way down there in like seventh or something.
Speaker 2: Over a year in sixteenth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my bracket's not been doing super well.
Speaker 7: I was very.
Speaker 5: Consolation for me though, was I won my Fantasy Hockey championship this year, so that was a good consolation because watching the bracket wasn't much fun for me. I was like, oh, man, I thought I had a good idea there and then it didn't come off.
Speaker 2: The Chad says like, I feel like I'm listening to high Noon here. I mean that's I mean, that's true. I mean basically.
Speaker 5: Just because it's my voice.
Speaker 2: Basically. Well, you guess Travis who is his name is Jeffrey doesn't know ball which true? He went to Iowa State.
Speaker 5: Well, I did see that bracket there. I was cracking up when I saw that. I was like, man, Jeffrey, you are a good speaking of good soldiers. You are a good soldier when it comes to taking the the punches that people.
Speaker 2: Like to throw you away sometimes with everybody what well, he can take it.
Speaker 3: I think that's part of it, and he encourages it.
Speaker 5: I think he kind of does your your personality you like to you like to inspire a bit of that, but I do.
Speaker 2: It's always.
Speaker 5: By the way, you are sixty six, tied for sixty in Hoove's Madness, So you are right there in the middle, clowns to the left of you jokers to the right.
Speaker 2: That is brilliant.
Speaker 5: That is you're out doing me, by the way you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that little that's what we wanted, just a little better than me.
Speaker 5: By the way, mister soda jerk, I'm sorry I did not get you the least.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: There's always next year.
Speaker 5: We'll have to make that happen then. So the soda jerk needs a link, so I won't try to remember that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, what aiden my son, he he's sixteen, and he's like, I've got to do my bracket. I'm like, that sucks.
Speaker 3: He pulled a geffre you.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I'm a verb now, so are adjective? I don't know. I was not very good school, but the whole town knows. But yeah, the people who win, or if you win, the grand prize is twenty five dollars gift card to the Nobbing Kettle. Sweet, you're almost you can make it.
Speaker 5: Did you enter my women's bracket? No?
Speaker 2: I did, That's what I forgot.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah that was new this year that I put together. The women's bracket. Got thirty one entries fight, which was great. So yeah, it's wow. Yeah, it's it's fun running both. I love doing my bracket contests. I've got people from Pennsylvania, Minnesota and all over the place. Connections, yeah, connections from back home and beyond who are involved with it. It's it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: One of our friends, Ryan Rude is in this bracket as well too.
Speaker 5: I saw he's in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pick dude. He's fifth right now. Jared is, uh, Jared's third, so he's there's a lot of lot of local Jared.
Speaker 5: Jared's been doing pretty well. I got all the media guys in on on Hoo's madness, Jared, Charlie Leo, they were all all jumping in there for so yeah, a lot of fun getting those guys in.
Speaker 3: Pretty much, Florida ruined my bracket because I had I had them in the final four.
Speaker 5: So yeah, look, yeah I had them losing to Vandy, but I had Vandy losing to Houston in the Elite eight. I've still got my Final four intact. If it's just some of those picks where I try to be clever. Gonzaga going to the Elite eight. That was a bad idea that they're not as good this year.
Speaker 2: No one ever thinks I always pick Gonzaga to like go a little bit far, but never make it to like the Sweet sixteen, and when I do, and I'm like, oh, I'm an idiot when I do that.
Speaker 5: There were a few years where they were good value for it. This was not the year nope.
Speaker 2: All right, anything else I don't believe.
Speaker 3: So for the bracket, yeah, for the bracket, and then I just crossed out the last one.
Speaker 2: So okay, it's like a quick break. Women come back. We got the second half. We have my favorites, we have misconnections. Whoever you're gonna get to be a treat with this one. Man, we're gonna play Wiskipedia. If you don't know Wiskipedia, it's basically we just we do trivia and Hoover is gonna be in the box for this one.
Speaker 5: I do like trivia.
Speaker 2: Oh perfect, Then we coulda do our March Madness bracket beer Belly Sports style.
Speaker 3: It is the eventer ding yourself for that one. You just use a trademark whatever. They come after me if they want to.
Speaker 5: I am really excited to see what you guys came up with for this bracket.
Speaker 2: I too, were back living this to beer by Sports.
Speaker 3: You're a freak a microphone, this semi pro of sports radio, Beer Belly Sports. If I hear Yamo be there one more time, I'm going to Yamo burn this place to the ground.
Speaker 2: You're listening to it a beer Belly Sports there, don't shoot. Oh they continue to be at the Semi Pro the sports dooc World. Hey Berws, why are you loading a recliner ATV and a fridge into your truck?
Speaker 8: Because I just saved one hundred bucks at home Choice in Bumigi, use the promo code BBS as in Beer Belly Sports.
Speaker 2: Hold up, you actually use a promo code.
Speaker 8: Heck yeah, mentioned beer Belly Sports in store and boom, one hundred bucks off your items.
Speaker 2: I'm heading there right now. Do they sell cagarraiders?
Speaker 8: Oh, They've got everything, furniture, appliances, electronics, you name it.
Speaker 5: Head to home Choice in Bumigi today use promo code BBS or Beer Belly Sports in store to get one hundred dollars off your purchase.
Speaker 6: This is lois from the Nob and Kettle Restaurant and Lounge where we serve our smoked prime rib Wednesday through Saturday night along with our maid from scratch soups and desserts. Come enjoy one of our delicious appetizers like our smoke and poppers or our Walleye bites, dipped in our own housemaid batter and served with our signature tartar sauce. On Thursday evenings, you can enjoy live music with Lois two miles east of Bitaska State Park on Highway seventy one. We're open noon to nine Wednesday through Saturday, and we're ready to serve you. The Knob and Kettle Restaurant your prime destinations.
Speaker 1: Take your next gathering legendary with Herbert and Gerbert's catering. Why settle for the ordinary when you can have extraordinary subs and sides this holiday season. Take the worry out of your meal planning with Erbert and Gerbert's Colossus boxes, giant soups, creamy mac and cheese and sides. It'll make everybody m smiling. Big groups, small groups, hungry groups. Take catered to the ball Unwrap the flavor with Herbert and Gerbert this season and call it in or order online to make your holiday extra delicious. Herbert and Gibberts on the corner of fifteen ten Bimige Avenue. There's nothing like a summer night at the ballpark in Bimage.
Speaker 2: Swing on. It's gonna be a strikeout at for the.
Speaker 1: Third straight year. Beer Belly Sports Radio Network. It's proud to be broadcasting local baseball.
Speaker 2: It's swung on, gonna be dropping, dropping, dropping in the gap and that's gonna get one, two bases, maybe three Kilimnky is gonna get a triple.
Speaker 1: This season, we're bringing you live home games of the Bamiti Bucks and the Beamitgi blue Ox, keeping local baseball alive and well, one pitch at a time.
Speaker 2: Bit This one swung out out to left field, this one back back back, and this one is gone land and Hansen smoke that ball out in the left field. A grand slam for a landing hands in my goodness, I think took off like a rocket.
Speaker 1: Calling the action as Met geffree on play by play and colored commentary from Bruce Lake and now in the booth with real Paul Park insights former Blueox players Travis Caruth and Sam Carberer.
Speaker 2: Pitch this one swung on, gonna be a flair in left field. No one's gonna get it. Canna hit nowhere. Campuses is gonna round and score for the Bucks, and we have another tie ball game.
Speaker 1: You'll catch every hits, strikeouts and late hitting rally streaming live on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
Speaker 2: Pitch swung on out to left field, This one back back, back back all the way and this one is go on for time. Lundin Lockett, cock it rocket restock at that ball is out of here.
Speaker 1: And if you're a local business looking to support local baseball, this is your chance to be heard about the same fans filling in the bleachers.
Speaker 2: Pitch swang, I'm going to be thrown over to Bankaradio at two. Throwback to first and time. That is a five four three double play to end the sign.
Speaker 1: From pregame to postgame, your business becomes part of the Midgie's summers soundtrack. Email bbsportsmnat gmail dot com to advertise with the Beer Belly Sports Radio Network and help continue supporting local baseball with local advertising. Beer Belly Sports Radio Network proudly covering the Midgie town Ball one summer at a time.
Speaker 7: At Paul one Communications, you're more than a customer. You're a member of our local broadband cooperative. And as a cooperative, we invest right back into the communities we call home, building better broadband, supporting local projects and organizations, and working every day to make our region a better place to live and work. We're proud to deliver world class connectivity across Northern Minnesota because strong communities grow from strong connections. We're Paul Bunyan Communications powered by the gigazone.
Speaker 8: Are you a fan of Minnesota sports? Do you need some Minnesota gear? If those are both a yes, go to sodastick dot com to get your original Minnesota inspired goods. If you haven't seen this stuff yet, you gotta check it out. One of my favorites design is the Minnesota Moon by Randy Moss or the John Randall Hatton I'm actually wearing right now. All of their appail is designed and screenprinted here in Minnesota on supersoft supercomfy shirts and hoodies.
Speaker 2: You'll love it.
Speaker 8: We're going to hook you up with fifteen percent off your next order. Use the promo code beer belly one word for fifteen percent off. That is a sodastick dot com designed by Minnesotan's for Minnesota's code beer belly or fifteen percent off your next order.
Speaker 2: So we're just gonna wing it. There's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now, let's see what happens. So there was that Be Yourbelly Sports Podcast, Welcome back to be a really sports where we continue to be the semi pro sports talk. My name is Matt Geffrey. And then the man, the myth, the legend, the local talent here in bamidgie Joel Hoover, Oh yeah, oh yeah, you two over there.
Speaker 3: I thought you were talking about well, yeah, come on you.
Speaker 2: Yeah YouTube Dustin Patton over there, but our special guest is Joel Hoover from KBUN and also uh for Paul on Community Paul on your broadcasting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was gonna say, please don't leave rog Dustin. I'm just your guest. He's one of your co hosts.
Speaker 2: He's fine.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of like a guest these days too.
Speaker 2: That's that can be true sometimes, but it's okay though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thanks for having me, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: You're welcome. This is uh, this is for people who do know. This is one of my favorite times. Chad Airy chimed in about miss connections already, and everybody's looking forward to miss connections. So let me explain to you what misconnections is. Have you ever heard of miss connections?
Speaker 5: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Okay, So this is basically people pouring out their hearts on the Internet. They're trying to find love, not always in the right man, and I have to read it word for word verbatim. That's free you got it. I know, I've, I've sometimes I just messed with them and say verbatim because it's fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah you messed with us, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, casaus.
Speaker 5: But it reminds me of it reminds me of the montage of mispronounced words that Stu Gotts would do on the damn Levatar. Oh my gosh, it's it.
Speaker 2: If you find that on.
Speaker 5: YouTube, it is. It is hilarious and whole horrible to listen to.
Speaker 2: One of the one of the games I want to bring back and then you'd be great at this is hit the Post.
Speaker 5: I love hitting the post.
Speaker 2: It's one of my favorite things. Now great.
Speaker 5: I love when the common man does that.
Speaker 2: I've that's another good one too. I love when so we have in the radio business, we have timers that go off like it tells you when the lyrics are going to hit. But for what we do, it is you have to know the song and know when that lyric is going to start. You have to tap dance yourself like you got it. You have a uh call, you have your call call letters, your station mascot, and you have to tap dance till that thing hits. And it's a lot of fun. So people in the radio business like, it's fun for me because I know how it goes. But people who don't know, they be tap dance and tap dance and tat dats and and then like, oh no, I missed the spot, damn it.
Speaker 5: And it takes a lot of practice to do it well.
Speaker 2: Hilarious.
Speaker 5: If you do it well, it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Steve was obviously really good at because he worked in radio for many, many years.
Speaker 3: Used to do a lot more with music before we got a little bit afraid of using all these.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's been a few times I get like hit kicked back and they're like, this is illegal.
Speaker 5: I love when Common does it for Sauce Alito Summer Night. And my favorite, though, might be for Olivia Newton John's make a move on me when he said that he worked at a radio station where I was the last call letter, and so he'll say it, he'll say the first three letters and then he'll let the I be said by Olivia Newton John. Absolutely brilliant, brilliant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great, all right, So let's do miss connections.
Speaker 1: Ever have an awkward encounter with the supermarkets and don't know where else to turn searching for love on the Internet. It's time for missed connections with Matt.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey Dustin's not looking forward to this at all.
Speaker 3: No, this is I was talking to uh, our good buddy that's not here tonight about this, and Uh, I said, you know, of all of our segments, I think this is the one. Just it gives me the heb gbis because whover's there or no all the time?
Speaker 2: Chad said, Matt, you kick ass. It's hard reading Jibberidge. You know what? Not wrong? All right? Misconnections again. I find love on the internet, either on Reddit, which is a cesspool itself, or on Craigslist, which is even worse. Yeah, people post that it is hilarious.
Speaker 5: And the pop up I don't even know what to say. Trying to find love on Reddit or on Craigslist.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite second like the last.
Speaker 5: Two places that I would look correct, That's why I love them.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 5: I will not be taking that under consideration.
Speaker 2: From Yah, don't please don't, because I will read it and I'll make fun of everybody. This is in Madison, Wisconsin, misconnection north Side Lounge on the third or sorry, March twenty third, A little bit of long one, Take a breath. You were a middle age blonde woman sitting at a bar. You talked NonStop at a volume I never experienced before. It was incredible, the endurance you must have have to be able to shout at the volume for that long. Wow minding. My friend Megan and you were not even sitting at the bar. You would know that, Dustin, we were not even sitting at the bar. After the volume you were having was definating. Your name is Diana. You were screaming. You were screaming at a man named Tristan at a bar. You were an RN at the VA born in the mid seventies for eight for eighty HD testing in the eighties.
Speaker 5: Why does it sound like you're doing spoken word for a song with the music here in the background.
Speaker 3: Oh, I also want to know why use a word definating? Oh?
Speaker 2: Thanks, George Bush? Is deafening definiting? Your name was Diana, Banger.
Speaker 5: It feels like you should be singing it along with the again with the music here in the back.
Speaker 2: Should good call? Ralph Nader held you as a baby, and you said, and you said we you said you were a sweet baby. Also, a member of the Talking Heads held you as a baby, you lived in Flagstaffed. You also want Bernie Sanders for the rest of your life. I guess I wonder how sore your throat is today after yelling at at the absolute top of your lungs for an extended period of time. Maybe that's your normal speaking voice. Good God. After you left the entire bar, looked around at each other and took another and took a deep breath of cleansing breath, took a and together took a deep cleansing breath, and went about the rest of the evening, enjoying a relaxing or relaxing time out. Once see ringing in the ears stopped. Good luck to you, Diana. To the loudest person in Madison.
Speaker 3: In Madison that is loud? Then yeah, have you ever been to Madison?
Speaker 2: Uh? South cooda guests but not Wisconsin?
Speaker 3: No, Okay, that is a loud place.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: I can't tell if that's a misconnection or just oh that was really funny.
Speaker 2: That's more really funny. I thought it's hilarious.
Speaker 5: Doesn't seem like the person is all that's sad that they missed out on Diana. It feels more like they just want to put her on blasts.
Speaker 2: All right, dating over sixty misconnections? Oh my, these are the great ones.
Speaker 5: I'm starting to see why you cringe a lot at this, Dustin. For me, the phrases shrivel up like a raisin.
Speaker 2: Makes you read them on your show?
Speaker 5: No, this is your bit?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, have you been stealing your bit? I'll read it for you. Want to do it?
Speaker 3: Some of them, probably wouldn't.
Speaker 5: I look at the phone on the table and I'm like, oh, here comes Jeffrey calling again with another misconnection that he wants to read on KBUN. I mean I would probably would, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean it could be worse than it could be worse than the Wonderlick test.
Speaker 5: Well, then we that was great radio. We'd get Dustin to change the channel though, if you would come on reading these So yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, moving on, then do be dating over a sixty misconnection? Have you ever met someone in a public situation, such as a big box store, strike up a brief conversation over something on the shelf and wish it could have gone farther? But in the moment to try this stuff, you should write right this down. But in the moment you didn't exert yourself and ask for more information that could have went, that could have furthered the conversation and possibly a connection. I'm not on any old platform, tall, big big letters, old platform. I don't hang out in the bars. I don't know. That's what I thought too. I don't hang out in bars. Sorry, I'll give you that. I don't hang out in bars and pubs. So I chied myself for does it say, chide, you're a better words than I do? Is that chide? Yeah?
Speaker 5: That's child all right?
Speaker 2: Got it right? Hell yeah, I chied myself for not for not thinking quickly and taking a chance. This has kurt twice this month. Maybe it's because spring is in the air, but I wish I could have been more open to the spontaneous chance. Sixty one female, it's a lated you know that is.
Speaker 5: Kind of relatable in its own way. I had an experience like that at a wedding one time. The couple was trying to set me up with a friend of theirs. Problem was it was just too loud in there.
Speaker 2: Trying to set me up. The lady down too.
Speaker 5: We did some poka dancing in Wabashah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's story. Tell later. That was a fun time.
Speaker 5: Long distance misconnection.
Speaker 2: We will that's off air. That is a book of Matthew's story for off air. Okay Vegas connection. This is gonna be a long shot.
Speaker 5: Can't even imagine, but figured why not?
Speaker 2: Life is short. When I was when I was thirty eight female in my early twenties, I spent the night walking around Las Vegas with a tall, handsome white guy who gave me his phone to add my number, and I drunkenly forgot to save it. Been there. We stayed up all night together walking the strip smoking some greenies, and he said he wanted to save our first kiss for something more romantic or something like that. Again, this is years ago, lol. We planned to meet at the pool that day, but my friends dragged me away somewhere and I never saw him again. Pshaw, I know the internet is crazy, is a crazy place, and not expecting anything at all, but I'm but I'm wondering if this guy would even remember, let alone see this post. That's all I got. Hope everyone is okay and they can be in a red they can be in a ridiculous timeline. Edit was that the Win Hotel around twenty eleven through twenty twelve. Pretty sure the guy was for the DC area. I'm a white, short brunette. I also appreciate everyone's comments, both supportive and that are hilarious. Edit number two, I remember, I remember he told me that the kiss comment when we were smoking greenies in the in the closet. So yeah, he did that when we were alone.
Speaker 3: Ha ha ha ha, all right, fun time, I got nothing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is the Internet equivalent of a hail Mary.
Speaker 2: Yep, this throw that is good, brilliant quick trip, this is in. This is now we go to more local.
Speaker 5: It was that a quick trip?
Speaker 2: No, no, that would be brilliant quick trip in Lady Smith, Wisconsin, seven ten am, Zach time. I guess you're a tall, wiry ginger slash blonde man. Maybe had a kid in an orange coat with you?
Speaker 3: Maybe that's what's the question mark.
Speaker 2: I'm a blonde with time out, time out?
Speaker 5: Is this person wearing an orange coat and the kid was in the coat or the kid was in an orange coat along with that?
Speaker 2: Maybe I had a kid in an orange coat with you.
Speaker 5: So maybe all right, But you know, seeing weird things, just flushing out details.
Speaker 2: They don't blame you. I'm a blonde with glasses. Go on. We made eye contact at the coolers.
Speaker 5: What are you doing well?
Speaker 2: I just want to see you. Told me I was I was beautiful while I was getting coffee. I look for you when I left, but I couldn't find you. It's tough. It's tough.
Speaker 5: Wow, all right?
Speaker 2: A couple more Walmart shopper and Egan. I know. I was shopping and then I saw you. You are a very a very nice female woman. Yep.
Speaker 5: And I need some help finding the unpartment of Redundancy departments where you get shopping Wait, that's oh my god.
Speaker 2: Here, Dustin, get write down show titles for me because I can't do it. I was shopping and then I saw you. You were a very nice female woman, and I needed some help finding some underwear and shirts department. You seem very easy going and I wanted your attention, but was too shy to ask for your text number. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to talk talk with you if you if you want me, send me a message. I'm about five seven, one hundred and sixty five pounds in my sixties. If you still want to talk. If you still want to talk, hit me up. Love to hear from you, even if it's someone else who has a need to talk. Thanks.
Speaker 5: Sure, okay, yeah, you're gonna get some rand then open the door to some randos.
Speaker 2: All right, this is my favorite one. This might be in the greatest hits.
Speaker 5: O where's my parachute?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no no no A female woman? Yes, respond to my texts, Rochester, Minnesota. I wish you respond to my text Do you want to know which se d you gave me? Oh my god, that's what we call a walk off. And that's it for my misconnections this week.
Speaker 5: Thank you, goodbye?
Speaker 2: Yeah see, it's all my favorite segments. Wow. Anyways, I have missed connections this week? So what'd you learn from that? There?
Speaker 5: I learned, don't be redundant. Don't be redundant when you are talking to some buddy using a different word that means the exact same thing.
Speaker 2: I was had to read it twice.
Speaker 5: I was also reminded again, I do not shoot my shot all that often.
Speaker 2: They yeah, shoot your shot me, boy. I mean, what did Michael Scott say?
Speaker 5: I'm pretty sure Wayne Gretzky said it first.
Speaker 2: Whatever, close enough?
Speaker 5: Michael Scott took credit though, Yeah you missed one hundred percent of the shots. You never taake. There you go, Yeah, yeah, some people just have different ways of doing it.
Speaker 2: There you go. That's one of them.
Speaker 5: There's no question about it. Different ways of shooting your shot, absolutely, no question about it.
Speaker 2: All right, sir, what do you want to do next?
Speaker 3: I thought we're gonna do the trivia?
Speaker 2: Do the trivia? Might I got it? Yep, let's do trivia right now? Then all right, so next we're gonna do whiskey Pedia. Now whiskey peda could be literally it's trivia. Gabe Hoover is one of the smartest guys I know. He's a lot smarter than you know some people in the show.
Speaker 5: You're setting me up to face. No, no, no, no disclaimer like that.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's what. It's one of our favorite it's one of our favorite segments in Hoover. This one is. It's a good one. It's a fun one. But again, it's not what we know. It's what Joel Joel Hoover knows from KBU.
Speaker 5: Or doesn't know.
Speaker 2: I mean there's that too. We'll see, we'll see. I find the music for it, all right, Chad said, I'm a professional at not shooting my shot, Joel, really, good job. Shout out to you, Chad, good job, Chad. All right, Whiskipedia again, it's not what we know, it's what Hoover knows. We're gonna do five. All right, our Dalmatians.
Speaker 3: Wait, hold on, we're not doing the guessing thing. No, well, we'll just go right, go right through Homa.
Speaker 2: All right? Uh does he? I don't think Scott put his answers down? Okay, yeah, I did. Okay, it just it didn't look like he. Oh now I messed it up. Hold on, take two? All right, Wiskipedia. Are Dalmatians born with or without spots? Are Dalmatians born with or without spots?
Speaker 5: But it's made me think of the cartoon all of a sudden, one one Dalmatians. You know, the question makes me think that that they're not. I'm gonna say without.
Speaker 2: That's right, right, got one? You got one? That's I mean, it's basically I really need to get one, all right, next one. The three most common units of temperature measurements are what The three most common units of temperature are measured in are what?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm gonna go with fahrenheit and celsius.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's right off the start.
Speaker 5: Oh, what's the other one?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 5: Kelvin?
Speaker 2: That is absolutely right beautiful. Two, the Mississippi River flows through how many states before reaching to the Gulf of Mexico? My word, how many states does it flow through?
Speaker 5: You know what this makes me think of? It makes me think of the the big board, that three D board that they have at headwaters. Yeahaska State Park there, and you can pour some water on it and it'll flow all the way down. Well, we got Minnesota, there's Iowa. I mean it touches states on the way through too. That's that's what makes a tricky Minnesota, Uh, Iowa, Nebraska, Missouri, of course, Mississippi itself, Tennessee. I think Oklahoma is in there, Kansas, Arkansas, that's nine, Louisiana is ten. I'm pretty sure it touches Wisconsin. That'd be eleven. I'm gonna have a lot of Midwesterners mad at me if I do. If I don't get this question right, Yeah, I know. Doesn't mean I get a pass for it, though, you're long enough. I gotta figure this out, man, I gotta make sure I get it.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't even waste the time trying. I would just throw it an arbitrary number.
Speaker 5: Doesn't touch Texas too, that'd be twelve. I'm gonna say twelve.
Speaker 2: Bummer ten is the answer ten. It is Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, and Louisiana.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it cuts in.
Speaker 2: Yeah. We used to like point you said Nebraska. I was like ooh and then he said TEXTA was like ooh. In Oklahoma was like, oh man, he's way off. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I lost lost track there of where it diverts and goes in.
Speaker 2: So yeah, too bad, all right? Number four? Remember doing five Earl James. Earl Jones character mister Myrtle in the nineteen ninety three stand Loot was a blind was blind because of.
Speaker 5: What he was hit by a pitch.
Speaker 2: I'll take that. That's fine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hit by a pitch.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, yep.
Speaker 5: I stepped up in Powell. I just remember him saying, Powell, great movie.
Speaker 3: They got hit like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love that movie, all right.
Speaker 2: Last one, Number five. The tallest building in Beltrami County is at the Bumiji State University and is known as Trek Hall.
Speaker 5: Tamarack.
Speaker 2: Tamarack. How many stories. Hi, is it? Oh man?
Speaker 5: Great question? Trying to remember if somebody ever told me how many stories it is?
Speaker 3: Scott found out for us I drafted Tarak Hall in my last fantasy draft.
Speaker 5: I've been on one of the higher floors there at Tamarack. How many stories? How many floors?
Speaker 2: How many stories?
Speaker 5: How many stories? Once again, I'm gonna have a lot of locals. Man, if I get this one wrong, which very well might, I'm gonna say eight.
Speaker 2: The answer is twelve. It is twelve.
Speaker 5: I had twelve go through my mind where I had made the guests of twelve earlier there at the States, and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, is it twelve?
Speaker 5: Is it really that tall? I should have gone with my gut bummer is twelve. So yeah, that is a Whiskipedia to all. Very fun, fun, very very fun. I like good trivia. I like doing trivia on the show. Being on the other side of it, of course it's challenge.
Speaker 2: Different, yeah, different.
Speaker 5: That reminded me a lot of when I administered the wonderlick to you that's fun, which I said on the air. I was like, that is hard for somebody to do verbally like that, and you just the willingness that you had to do it and to go through with it. Like I, I enjoyed that you were willing to lean into the bit, even if it made you look silly.
Speaker 2: I had a lot of fun with it. It was a lot of fun.
Speaker 5: I had a lot of fun with that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. All right, time for our draft draft, all right, racket, bracket, All right, So this year's bracket is the worst moments in Minnesota sports history. Now, the committee was hard at it the past couple of weeks trying to figure out what they wanted to go with, leaning into it and uh, the competiting was not me.
Speaker 3: I stay out of it until today. I'm gonna help me, see it.
Speaker 2: I had I had to do that. Normally I don't do it.
Speaker 3: So what the seeding was, how we how we did it is we had the list compiled, We had the number one seeds put in already, and then me and Jeffrey pretty much fantasy drafted the rest of them, like based on what we thought. Just you just want me to start reddling off?
Speaker 2: Go ahead, start off?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: In each region, all right, the first region is the gant was out region. The number one seed is and I'll give a little bit of if I know anything.
Speaker 2: Oh, also a little uh. We all have these posted on our Facebook page, probably tomorrow morning because I'm going to put it all together. So let's ay every week people vote. Last year we did the TV characters, and Bruce was pretty pissed because George stands I gotta beat up by Jennifer Haaniston. Now, the person who picked the photo for Jennifer Aniston might have been that might have been this.
Speaker 5: Leading greatest TV character of all time?
Speaker 3: What the greatest TV character of doonet even picked her from friends, but people voted.
Speaker 5: Wait, hang on, it was Jennifer Aniston versus George Rachel Green. We don't even want to get into I can't believe George lost that. I mean, Rachel was iconic, yes, no question about it. But George could Stan Yeah, I don't. Yeah, you should have Scary DiMaggio Mantle, Costanza can't leave you lost?
Speaker 3: Saw how early Welter White went out? That was INFI yeah, no, it's bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, where was I I should have voted on that would have just made me that much more seven more votes. I can't believe he got voted out early like that. One of the greatest TV characters ever one of the most loathsome but one of the greatest.
Speaker 2: Blew my mind.
Speaker 3: All right, good, go ahead, sir, all right, the number one seed and with the first round by besse, we have what twenty four?
Speaker 2: Yeah we did? Uh?
Speaker 3: The north Stars leaving in March nineteen ninety three with poor attendance, failure to build a new arena, and financial issues. Our favorite person or moved the Minisota north Stars Green.
Speaker 2: The uh.
Speaker 3: The five versus six matchup is number five. The dome collapse encapsulating the teams collapse after two thousand and nine. The dome did a mean impression. The number sixth seed is the Teddy Bridgewater injury, which costs the Vikings two first rounders to replace him with Sam Bradford.
Speaker 5: Quick story on the dome collapse because I remember seeing that from AFAR back in Pennsylvania. I remember that that making national news. When the dome collapse like that, I was stunned. I was just in stunned disbelief that that happened. When when that thing collapsed in on itself, I was like, are you kidding me? Did this really just happen here with this place? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 2: Really, I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 5: I also remember because that was what was that twenty ten?
Speaker 2: Yeah, when that happened.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, I remember because that was the uh actually it was late two thousand and nine, right December.
Speaker 2: I thought it was two thousand and ten because they had a place the second year.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, it was the second year, afar. I remember that because.
Speaker 3: NFL scene has always confused me with their double years.
Speaker 5: Yes, and I remember that because my Packers won the Super Bowl that year. Nobody cares, sorry, all right?
Speaker 3: And the yeah, well you know what, I've skipped the number two seed because they also have a bye. We went to ninety seven Gophers Final four scandal.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness. You know, it's funny when I hear people talk about that who are trying to rewrite history in some respects, like yeah, get the banners out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's sell. Who cares. It's like they broke the rules? What are we doing? Yeah?
Speaker 3: For the longest time, I could remember the name of the lady that wrote the papers for the kids too, and now I can't.
Speaker 5: But oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: All right, So then the three and four matchup is Number three is the Twins eighteen game losing streak from October fifth, two thousand and four to October third, twenty twenty three. The Minnesota Twins lost eighteen straight playoff games. Yep, and the number four number four is Walsh wide left. The Vikings lost ten to nine on a frozen field with a short sleeve, but Grant in attendance over.
Speaker 5: Watch that in stunt tune now loved it. Couldn't believe it.
Speaker 3: Twenty seven yard couldn't believe it.
Speaker 2: The season can't add like that.
Speaker 3: The next bracket is the meat raffle bracket.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah.
Speaker 3: The number one seed overall with the first round by is the Herschel Walker trade. Walker was traded for five players, eight picks, three first three seconds, and a third.
Speaker 2: What happened those picks? I get on it, guys.
Speaker 5: I have good news for you. I think that trade has been surpassed for worst trade in history, the Lukadancics trade. It looks worse every day. The Vikings, I think might be off the hook. It's certainly the worst trade in Minnesota sports history, but for sports history, I think the Donchetz trade might have beaten it by now.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, And I'm just realizing that these two are in the same region. This one is also a horrible, horrible passing on Steph Curry twice in two thousand and nine for Ricky Rubio and Johnny Flynn.
Speaker 5: I say it all the time, Steph Curry may have never become the Steph Curry that we know if he had been drafted by the Wolves.
Speaker 3: That is true.
Speaker 2: Surely you can't be serious, all right?
Speaker 3: Number five?
Speaker 5: I am serious, and don't call me Shirley brilliant.
Speaker 3: Five to six matchup is this Johann Santana trade the twins Man Twins ended up with Carlos Gomez who had a moment, and Phil Humber and two people that I didn't even bother writing down. Number six is the love Boat Vikings. We won't go into specifics because we already got all crazy with Matt with the stuff there. So if you need any details about the love Boat, maybe check them out on a Wikipedia or yeah, talk to Matt.
Speaker 2: I say, nay, nay.
Speaker 5: You know a lot of moments come to mind. I thought of the Love Boat very very quickly when I when you guys were talking about this brack and I was like, I wonder where it's gonna show up here?
Speaker 3: Alrighty? And then the three to four matchup is the untapped potential of the maur Morno Boys. Dude injuries. Neither one of them really reached their total potential, and the team never peaked with them. Number four is the Wolves PAYE Joe Smith under the table. They were fined three point five million, stripped of five first round picks, and Smith's contract was avoided. I think they ended up getting one of those first round picks back. However, that was probably one of the dumbest moves in NBA history.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm so glad the Wolves have had a stretch of competency the last few years because looking back on their history, when I got here getting into it more, I was I was utterly, utterly blown away at how bad and how tragically bad they've been. Of you guys really did that well they.
Speaker 3: Did that in nineteen ninety nine, and then by two thousand and four they were in the Western Conference, you know, which is kind of crazy, but they had no depth.
Speaker 5: Really, Yeah, exactly, KG and friends, all right, the Cassell's free. Well yeah, all those guys.
Speaker 3: Yep, can't feed my family, Okay. Next region is the Deer Camp Region. The number one seed is the nineteen ninety eight Minnesota Vikings fifteen to one, the highest scoring offensive all time at the time, and then, of course we all know what happened.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, happened.
Speaker 3: H Gary Anderson. That sucks all right?
Speaker 5: Here makes me think of Pat summerle Gary Anderson and Gary miss the field goal.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I think that's where the announcers jinx, that's happened.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 5: I try not to do that at any games. I tried to sleep of like a good policy. Good policy, yep.
Speaker 2: Because I don't want to. You be like, why'd you say that? I don't know.
Speaker 3: The number two seed in that bracket is Kirby Pucket's early retirement after being hit by Dennis Martinez. He later developed glaucoma and hung him up, probably about six years earlier than he would have.
Speaker 2: Boo. Yep.
Speaker 3: The number five six, Sorry, somebody take that away from him. The number in five, number five and six is the original hail Mary Pearson and Stobach team up to on a fifty yard pass for seventeen to fourteen win in nineteen seventy five divisional playoff game.
Speaker 2: Damn it.
Speaker 3: Number six up against that hil Mary is Jack Morris bailing on the Twins after winning the championship in nineteen ninety one and heading north to win some more with Boo our neighbors to the north.
Speaker 5: That second one with the blue Jays especially hurt. That was at the expense of my Phillies.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I was rooting for the Phillies that year. My brother was a was rooting for Toronto and I.
Speaker 5: Was in will Mitch Williams mile thing.
Speaker 3: Why do you have to fail us Minnesota on that Philly team that year too? Jim eisbrich Ah, I did Saint Cloud. Oh yeah, that's right.
Speaker 5: That yeah, that does ring a bell.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: I remember that, all right?
Speaker 3: The number three seed up against number four seed is number three is kg trade. The Timber was traded Kevin Garnett to the Celtics for Richard Jefferson. Uh, some guy named Ratliffe, THEO Ratliffe, A yeah, theo. The all time great Sebastian telfairt and two.
Speaker 5: First round picks started the Big three era.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: And number four is the Twins outright releasing David Ortiz. He was due about two million in sellary arbitration, but injuries and love of the small ball made the Twins go in a different direction.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me? No, that's tough.
Speaker 5: Yes, it was.
Speaker 2: That's why. That's why you see the minsil of the Twins always hang on players. Why is the kN so no, as long as they possibly can to.
Speaker 5: See Yeah, I remember with Miguelson now it was always the conversation, is this another Ortiz kind of situation?
Speaker 6: Ye have?
Speaker 5: Big Poppy came in October, Legend.
Speaker 3: And our final region, the Ludifisk Region. We've got the number one seed. The Lakers moved to LA That was caused by the retirement of George Miken. So it saw declining sales, ticket sales, the building was falling apart. Pretty much every reason the North Stars left is why the Lakers left. The number two seed in that region is the two thousand and nine NFC Championship. Far across the body. This isn't Detroit man bounty Gate enough said what we do right?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 3: We've got the number five to six matchup. Number five is two thousand and three Michigan Gophers. Game tough the Gophers. We're going into that game six and oh up against Michigan who was four and two. The Gophers led twenty eight to seven in the third quarter and blew the game. It could have been a a program changing game. They would move to seven to zero. They did finish that season, I believe ranked in the top twenty anyway at a ten and three, and Michigan I believe went to the Rose Bowl. Could be wrong on that though I did a lot of reading earlier. That is up against number six Marbury Leaves, breaking up the dynamic duo started screw. Okay, seems harsh, but okay. Number three versus four. Number three is the Randy Moss trade. The Vikings traded Randy Moss to the Raiders for Napoleon Harris, the seventh overall pick, which turned out to be a blind wide receiver. It's a drop and no. That was a seventh overall pick and a seventh round pick. The number four seed is Gaberick Leaves. After playing only seventeen regular season games, he bolted for New York. Was a big contract, so he had lower body injury most of that season before he left. Didn't have a chance to trade him even because he was hurt.
Speaker 2: Scott, there was a well, we could do autiable mentions. I mean, we've already gone through a lot, but there was a lot of you could do. But one am I that I liked was the Gophers back in two thousand and six where they had Maroney and Barber against Texas Tech in the in a bowl game. They were up by three touchdowns and got their teeth kicked in by Texas Tech.
Speaker 3: Isn't that what got Mason fired?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can't believe forty one donut didn't make it. You're very surprised at.
Speaker 2: That as an honorable mention. Now the committee needs they did all this.
Speaker 5: I heard the Vikings defense was like chairs out there. That's what I've been told.
Speaker 3: Anyway, We've had so many losses in playoffs. They just forgot all about that one. You know. The other one too that we were talking about, and I was like, should I cross something out? Was what's his name we were talking about earlier? The Yes, yeah, that's his name, that guy I can't remember now. Team just passed away the Gophers coach legendary coach university Ultz because he had built a team up those a couple of years that he was here, and they they went to a bowl game the year he left, and then they didn't get to another bowl game until nineteen ninety seven. I think with Glenn Mason. So they went, yeah, all that time, fine Fox and then to see the coach at built your program up for two.
Speaker 5: Years and then it turns into a wasteland.
Speaker 3: Tunes into wasteland here, and then he wins a national championship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fine. Everything is fine. It's fine.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, that's the bracket.
Speaker 5: There's a lot to pick fro him, isn't there?
Speaker 3: Unfortunately? I called it March Sadness.
Speaker 2: March Sadness, right, yeah, the thing you're there.
Speaker 3: On the show title or maybe both want but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So that is our March Madness bracket bracket for the Beer Really Sports. I'll have it posted tomorrow morning. You get a chance to vote. Every week we slide into a new one and it'll be a fun time.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna I'm gonna vote for Walter White every time he's in there in lieu of missing out on last year's bracket.
Speaker 2: He's in there. Well, I'm pretty sure I got you, Walter, Pretty sure Bruce would be like Droge g Stands every time.
Speaker 5: Every time him, Hey, I'd write him in.
Speaker 2: All right. So yeah, that is our our bracket again, to be out tomorrow morning.
Speaker 5: And yeah, it's not a lie if you believe it true.
Speaker 2: Uh, Scott said, miscutting Josh Harding NHL career short to be. I don't know who they even is.
Speaker 3: Well, we had to cutch some of them out. We'll get twenty something.
Speaker 2: I don't know who that even is. So, I mean, Scott's a huge hockey guy. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I just barely goodbye with like, but I know it's still it still amazes me that the guy like Dan Minnesota has done the calendar of Calamity and that you can even put something like that together. You have that many choices to pick from.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm like, we're trying to figure out, like, what do you want to do this year? And I had chat TBT help me like your bracket and it said worst moments than Minnesota sports history. I'm like, love it.
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, it's it's a it's a stunning list. I mean, you guys like I may not like the or Slash support the Minnesota teams, especially in the case of the Vikings, like they are rival a rival of the team that I support, but at the same time there's such an immense respect for Minnesota sports fans that I have because of the dedication as you wait and hope and search for a title like the one that I grew up around was the Eagles. You know, seeing the Eagles struggle and struggle for years and years and years to not win a title and then they finally got over the top and on one and then won another one like.
Speaker 2: The collective vates to Marty Wahlberg, Well.
Speaker 5: Hey, I mean the inspiration, I suppose, but the the the way that the left that it lifted a collective weight off the shoulders of everybody. I mean, yeah, you have to go back almost almost a generation now, like the Twins winning those two titles, those before I was born. I was born in number two eighty seven and ninety one. That's before I was born.
Speaker 2: Like, it's it, It is stunning.
Speaker 5: And and so you guys, I mean, you've had the links in the WNBA and what they've done there. There's been success there, There's been bits and pieces here and there, but you guys, you guys stick it out impressively with the Big Four.
Speaker 3: I was six and ten when they won their championships, and I mean to be that age when they win and then not get them back. You just thought we were gonna win all the time.
Speaker 5: You want one when there's an adult, like when the Packers won with FARV. They're in the nineties. I was too young to remember that. I can remember that night and having a watch party with family, but I don't remember the game when they want my senior year when they won with Rogers and beat the Steelers. That was special. That that's right up there. It's not my all sorry, it's not my all time favorite sports moment, but it is right there. It's it's close. It's think Samuel jard Sorry, sorry.
Speaker 3: My AI picture of the jersey I'm wearing. You're talking about that that Super Bowl? Yeah, yeah, I'm wearing a bloodshow jersey in the oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah look at that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, bloodsow jersey with a I think a newer style Patriots jersey there. But all that to say, you guys are impressive. It's it's really impressive. The dedication and the passion and the love that's there, even even through just another gut wrenching loss or gut wrenching moment. But it's it's bonded Minnesota sports fans together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in its own way, made us all self loathing.
Speaker 2: My goodness. Chad said, whoa Joe making me feel old being born in eighty six.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, got I also born in the I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's it's fine.
Speaker 5: I hate making hate making people feel old.
Speaker 2: No, it's fine, it's fine. Sure you do it to Kevin. I'm sure you do it to No.
Speaker 5: You know I have people who I have people who are either my age or younger than me go wow, I'm old when they think of something and I'm like, you don't have to think about it that way. I genuinely try to not think that way where it's like I'm just getting older. It's the passage of time, is what it is. But I try not to think about it that way.
Speaker 2: All right, Twins show been a good show. Ye been a fun show. Got two hours in. That's about where I wanted to be. It's a perfect Thanks for having me, guys, this is a blast. You can be a way for You don't have to do this anymore. You could just want it anymore, but you don't have to like do this part. You just be in front of a mic. Now.
Speaker 5: You know, it's fun watching you be on that side of it, Jeffery, because that's me for high noon essentially.
Speaker 2: That it's literally you the entire time, and I see Amy like I know Zach what he's doing every time. All right, Joel, we learned today? What did you learn on the show?
Speaker 5: Don't be redundant, don't be redundant? Shoot my shot more often?
Speaker 2: Maybe, yeh boy? All right?
Speaker 5: And then I've learned a few things being here in the Upper Midwest. It helped me with trivia and about there.
Speaker 2: Okay, Dustin, what did I learn?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I learned that I'd be perfectly fine if we never did misconnections ever again. Ever again. No, perfectly fine.
Speaker 2: No, we got to keep it upper management wants.
Speaker 3: But also learned that after a tough week, it's good to get together half fun with people.
Speaker 2: So yay.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: What I learned today is that Hoover can be himself and I really love that you could be yourself and you are being yourself more and I and I like seeing that more sarcastic Hoover came out today.
Speaker 5: In moments and now I have a genuine appreciation for where I am, and I tell people I try not to be a persona on the air as much as possible. What you get on high noon, what you get when I'm calling games. I hope is the well pretty close to how I am in everyday life, you know. And then if there's stuff that I need to work on, Lord willing, I'll keep working on it and by the grace of God and try to get a little better every day with it. But it's a lot of fun sharing this with you guys tonight. Thanks for having Yeah Bruce is here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well yeah, then you will.
Speaker 5: See would love to make it back.
Speaker 2: Definitely awesome. I'll quickly go through the sponsors. Thanks to the Knobbing Kettle, seven of that Pizza, Soda Stick, Paula in your Communications Home Choice Urban and Gerberitz and the JD Rodeo. It's our great sponsors. We have what a great time. I had an awesome time. I think everybody listening. You can also find it read live stream if you're listening to audio version of this on well as audio version regardless if you listen on Spotify, Apple, iHeart iTunes and what are thousands of other places that we have listed. Uh, we're going baseball seams right around the corner, of course, the Berbally Sports and the beaver Switch Radio Network's gonna be there calling some baseball again. Looking forward to it. Well, let's gonna do it for us. Thank you the writers' producers, on site, engineers knows all of us in the words of regreeing and keep you stick on the ace. Can bye.
Speaker 3: H know it's something funny.
Speaker 2: It's gonna have fun.
Speaker 1: This show did something funny happen?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you never know it.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to Peter Belly Sports. This has been a Cafree Productions show, so now you just know it's gotta be quality.